PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry or Tyreke Evans

T-bomb 25
07-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Who's better and who will have the better career?

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Stephen Curry(just to spite you, and because its true)

Godfather
07-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Stephen Curry(just to spite you, and because its true)

Doubt it.

Curry is all jump shot.

Tyrek is a well rounded player and will have an effective career.

dr8ked
07-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Tyreke >>>>>>>>>>>>

T-bomb 25
07-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Doubt it.

Curry is all jump shot.

And his jumper is only gonna get better,this really isnt close Evans is a future All Star,Curry will never be a All Star.

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Doubt it.

Curry is all jump shot.

If you think he is all jump shot, you have never watched him in college.

RocketGreatness
07-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Tyreke Evans. I'd rather have Stephen Curry's Dad, Dell Curry than Stephen Curry anyways.

But I would take Tyreke Evans simply because he is way more well-rounded of a player than Stephen Curry. Evans can take to the hoop, can dish it out, rebound, play defense, you name it. Evans can do it. I never found Stephen Curry special I doubt I ever will. He's a poor man's J.J Redick At the moment. At least Redick knows how to play defense and pass the baskebtall. All Curry is, is a jump shooter and that's it. It's not that Curry is nothing but a shooter, but he does not take very well selected shots he is still more jump shot happy than aggressive and take it to the hole anyways.

I'll take Evans now and for the future.

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Tyreke Evans. I'd rather have Stephen Curry's Dad, Dell Curry than Stephen Curry anyways.

But I would take Tyreke Evans simply because he is way more well-rounded of a player than Stephen Curry. Evans can take to the hoop, can dish it out, rebound, play defense, you name it. Evans can do it. I never found Stephen Curry special I doubt I ever will. He's a poor man's J.J Redick At the moment. At least Redick knows how to play defense and pass the baskebtall. All Curry is, is a jump shooter and that's it. It's not that Curry is nothing but a shooter, but he does not take very well selected shots he is still more jump shot happy than aggressive and take it to the hole anyways.

I'll take Evans now and for the future.
Of course he is a poor mans JJ Reddick.

He hasnt played in the NBA or the Finals or anything, so hes obviously not as good as any NBA player yet :roll:

Godfather
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
If you think he is all jump shot, you have never watched him in college.

Stop acting like a blind homer.

Against semi decent teams he played terrible..Why? Because his to the rim game wasn't good enough and he was forced into deep contested 3's.

In the NBA he will succeed in single coverage, but it will be through running off screens.

I scoff at people who think he can be a point guard.

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Stop acting like a blind homer.

Against semi decent teams he played terrible..Why? Because his to the rim game wasn't good enough and he was forced into deep contested 3's.

In the NBA he will succeed in single coverage, but it will be through running off screens.

I scoff at people who think he can be a point guard.

http://chadmustin.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/jump.jpg

How about for once in your measly useless posting career on ISH you shut your phucking trap and let the game tell the story, and stop judging a player who hasnt played a minute in the NBA, mkaay?

And I never said anything about him being a point guard, you useless little bug.

Human Error
07-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Watched the game almost from start to finish, didn't watch OT though as I decided to pay homage to Michael Jackson and watched "Michael Jackson Bucharest Live DVD" instead. Both Curry and Evans were okay, but I probably wouldn't have selected Evans with 4th pick, his jumpers still looked ugly, he's got shooting mechanics that remind me of Udonis Haslem's. Anyway, what the hell is Don Nelson trying to do with all those wing players?

Godfather
07-11-2009, 11:27 PM
http://chadmustin.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/jump.jpg

How about for once in your measly useless posting career on ISH you shut your phucking trap and let the game tell the story, and stop judging a player who hasnt played a minute in the NBA, mkaay?

And I never said anything about him being a point guard, you useless little bug.

:cry:

Way to act like a child.

He is all jumpshot.

To be an excellent player in the future he will need to improve at every other facet of the game.

I am sorry that upsets you, but it is the truth.

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:29 PM
:cry:

Way to act like a child.

He is all jumpshot.

To be an excellent player in the future he will need to improve at every other facet of the game.

I am sorry that upsets you, but it is the truth.
And I am sorry you have never watched him play.

I apologize for your mother dropping you on your head.

Godfather
07-11-2009, 11:34 PM
And I am sorry you have never watched him play.

I apologize for your mother dropping you on your head.

Keep going kid.

Against WVU what happened?

Against Duke what happened?

Against Purdue what happened? (worst game of his career imo)

Against Oklahoma what happened?

Against Butler what happened?

Against saint Marys what happened?

Last year Curry struggled in all these games last year for two reasons.

He was forced to take contested 3 pointers due to lack of a decent to the rim game.

The players around him could not win without him taking all the shots.

In the NBA Curry will not be expected to take all the shots and he will see single coverage...

He will be a good player, but like I said before if he ever want to be anything more than an off the screen undersized jumpshooter he needs to improve his overall game.

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:38 PM
So do you want me to waste my night pointing out games LeBron has done poorly in? Any superstar, for that matter.

Every doggy has his day, except you. You're like the ex girlfriend who was smoking hot until you found out not only is s/he a tranny, but also has periods like 24/7. Luckily you broke up with her for that Brazilian supermodel BEFORE you knocked her up silly.

Yeah, thats about right. Except nobody in their right mind would go out with you.

Godfather
07-11-2009, 11:40 PM
So do you want me to waste my night pointing out games LeBron has done poorly in? Any superstar, for that matter.

Every doggy has his day, except you. You're like the ex girlfriend who was smoking hot until you found out not only is s/he a tranny, but also has periods like 24/7. Luckily you broke up with her for that Brazilian supermodel BEFORE you knocked her up silly.

Yeah, thats about right. Except nobody in their right mind would go out with you.

Now Curry is a superstar...

Those were all the games he played against good teams last year.

I can't even decipher the rest of the things you said...Do you realize this is a basketball forum?

Godfather
07-11-2009, 11:43 PM
This message cannot be viewed because RocketGreatness is on your ignore list.

All I am saying is right now I would take Evans over Curry because of his more balanced game.

If Curry improves on other facets of the game it will be a different story.

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Now Curry is a superstar...

Stop making up stuff I said, I never said he was a superstar. Im just saying, even the best have off days. You dont really understand English, do you?

Those were all the games he played against good teams last year.

See LeBron in the 2007 playoffs against the Spurs.

I can't even decipher the rest of the things you said...Do you realize this is a basketball forum?

Im sorry for posting something that has to do with real life. Please excuse me for actually knowing what it feels like to take a breath of fresh air.

T-bomb 25
07-11-2009, 11:44 PM
I like Jeff Teague and Tony Douglas more than Curry,they played good comp year around in the ACC,the 7th pick was a bit high for him considering where they went in the draft.

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I like Jeff Teague and Tony Douglas more than Curry,they played good comp year around in the ACC,the 7th pick was a bit high for him considering where they went in the draft.
And you say people get overrated due to their college games :wtf:

Way to have MPD.

Godfather
07-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Stop making up stuff I said, I never said he was a superstar. Im just saying, even the best have off days. You dont really understand English, do you?

See LeBron in the 2007 playoffs against the Spurs.

Im sorry for posting something that has to do with real life. Please excuse me for actually knowing what it feels like to take a breath of fresh air.
You need to gain some rational thought.

Curry performed terribly against all good teams last year...get that into your head.

In 2007 the Spurs were the only good team right?

Dude come on...

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:47 PM
You need to gain some rational thought.

Curry performed terribly against all good teams last year...get that into your head.

In 2007 the Spurs were the only good team right?

So you ignore everything else I said, and just focus on 1 thing?

Come back to me when you man up and dont walk around obstacles, bytch.

T-bomb 25
07-11-2009, 11:49 PM
And you say people get overrated due to their college games :wtf:

Way to have MPD.Teague is way better athlete and Douglas is a lockdown defender with a nice all around game.

Godfather
07-11-2009, 11:51 PM
So you ignore everything else I said, and just focus on 1 thing?

Come back to me when you man up and dont walk around obstacles, bytch.

Why are you getting so angry?

The fact that Curry could not muster a good game against a major conference last year is a huge indicator.

Players like Michael Beasley, Derrick Rose, Blake Griffen, Durant would have done well no matter who their teammates are.

Can you say the same about Curry? No and that is what separates an excellent from a merely good prospect.

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Why are you getting so angry?

The fact that Curry could not muster a good game against a major conference last year is a huge indicator.

Players like Michael Beasley, Derrick Rose, Blake Griffen, Durant would have done well no matter who their teammates are.

Can you say the same about Curry? No and that is what separates an excellent from a merely good prospect.
Just keep on stepping around those obstacles, kid.

T-bomb 25
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
All I am saying is right now I would take Evans over Curry because of his more balanced game.

If Curry improves on other facets of the game it will be a different story.See this where your wrong Curry will never have Evans all around game or be 6'6 with a 7'0 ft wingspan or his superior athletism and NBA body,and Evan's basketball iq is as high as Curry's if not higher and he's 2 or 3 years younger,all Evans has to do is work on his shot,its ugly and inconsistent but it will get there,but he hits more jumpers than people give him credit for,i like the way he pulls off the dribble to.

Interminator
07-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Tyreke Evans.

Godfather
07-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Just keep on stepping around those obstacles, kid.

What obstacles?

LeBron played like **** against the Spurs, but he beat good teams prior to facing them.

Stephen couldn't beat any team of significance last year and he and his team suffered because of it.

Are you Maniak's little brother or something? The Maniak I know does not post so illogically.

Maniak
07-11-2009, 11:57 PM
What obstacles?

LeBron played like **** against the Spurs, but he beat good teams prior to facing them.

Stephen couldn't beat any team of significance last year and he and his team suffered because of it.

Are you Maniak's little brother or something? The Maniak I know does not post so illogically.
Obstacle 1:

Obstacle 2:

Just a slight convenience that those 2 are related to real life, im assuming?

Godfather
See this where your wrong Curry will never have Evans all around game or be 6'6 with a 7'0 ft wingspan or his superior athletism and NBA body,and Evan's basketball iq is as high as Curry's if not higher and he's 2 or 3 years younger,all Evans has to do is work on his shot,its ugly and inconsistent but it will get there,but he hits more jumpers than people give him credit for,i like he pulls off the dribble to.

Athleticism and size isn't everything.

Albiet at the guard position it is important, but it isn't everything.

Curry has the most important thing down: shooting.

The other facets of the game are easier to master and if he focuses he may one day be able to do it.

Like I said before Evans is a better (and different), but he still has a glaring weakness as does Curry.

Maniak
Teague is way better athlete and Douglas is a lockdown defender with a nice all around game.
How do you know? They have never played in the NBA, now have they.

OneMoreSucka
Evans jumper is ****ing awful to look at.

Godfather
07-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Obstacle 1:

Obstacle 2:

Just a slight convenience that those 2 are related to real life, im assuming?

Yeah I am positive someone hacked Maniak's account.

It isn't like Maniak to make 0 sense and not counter with his vast b-ball IQ.

Real life has nothing to do with this.

I believe Curry is a good player whose glaring weaknesses will keep him from being a great one.

I feel Evans is a better player with fewer weakness and therefore an easier path to being a great player.

This is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it, but retorting with random **** helps no one.

T-bomb 25
07-12-2009, 12:01 AM
How do you know? They have never played in the NBA, now have they.I watched them go at head to head against each other in the ACC a real conference,who did Curry play against when he didnt play in the Maui Classic?

T-bomb 25
07-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Evans jumper is ****ing awful to look at.Yeah,but he seems to be making them more often than he was at Memphis.

Maniak
07-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Yeah I am positive someone hacked Maniak's account.

It isn't like Maniak to make 0 sense and not counter with his vast b-ball IQ.

Real life has nothing to do with this.

I believe Curry is a good player whose glaring weaknesses will keep him from being a great one.

I feel Evans is a better player with fewer weakness and therefore an easier path to being a great player.

This is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it, but retorting with random **** helps no one.
How is what I said random? I asked you a question.

Would you like me to ask these questions to you in the OTC? Or would you just dodge them again.

And this isnt hacked, Im just debating with you, and seeing as Im not siding with you on this, you are pulling a weak move and pulling at every string to try and get at me. Next thing you know you will be posting about the fact I have 10k posts.

Evans has one thing that is ignored, and thats a off court issue. I think this kid might have some early troubles with the NBA life, and thats one thing Steph Curry will NOT have. He is a goody two shoes in that sense, and thats whats going to help him more than Evans.

T-bomb 25
07-12-2009, 12:05 AM

Would you like me to ask these questions to you in the OTC? Or would you just dodge them again.

And this isnt hacked, Im just debating with you, and seeing as Im not siding with you on this, you are pulling a weak move and pulling at every string to try and get at me. Next thing you know you will be posting about the fact I have 10k posts.

Evans has one thing that is ignored, and thats a off court issue. I think this kid might have some early troubles with the NBA life, and thats one thing Steph Curry will NOT have. He is a goody two shoes in that sense, and thats whats going to help him more than Evans.Thats Curry's only hope of being a better NBA player than Evans.

Godfather
07-12-2009, 12:08 AM

Evans has one thing that is ignored, and thats a off court issue. I think this kid might have some early troubles with the NBA life, and thats one thing Steph Curry will NOT have. He is a goody two shoes in that sense, and thats whats going to help him more than Evans.
I am annalyzing these players based on basketball on the court performance.

Anything else would be inconclusive because non of us truly know these players.

(Beasley supposedly had character issues, Mayo supposedly had characters issues, and Rose apparently has the IQ of a 3rd grader...and they are all doing fine.

As long as these kids did not exhibit on the court issues and have a passion for the game a majority of them will be fine regardless).

Thats Curry's only hope of being a better NBA player than Evans.

Pharcyde
07-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Keep going kid.

Against WVU what happened?

Against Duke what happened?

Against Purdue what happened? (worst game of his career imo)

Against Oklahoma what happened?

Against Butler what happened?

Against saint Marys what happened?

Last year Curry struggled in all these games last year for two reasons.

He was forced to take contested 3 pointers due to lack of a decent to the rim game.

The players around him could not win without him taking all the shots.

In the NBA Curry will not be expected to take all the shots and he will see single coverage...

He will be a good player, but like I said before if he ever want to be anything more than an off the screen undersized jumpshooter he needs to improve his overall game.

Butler he was coming off an injury. But he was the only player on his team, teams completely focused their team on him knowing that his team mates were just scrubs and couldn't do anything.

Godfather
07-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Butler he was coming off an injury. But he was the only player on his team, teams completely focused their team on him knowing that his team mates were just scrubs and couldn't do anything.
I referred to that in the bottom of my post.

Pharcyde
07-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Oh yeah, Jeff Teague/Tony Douglas >>>>>> Steph Curry.

Pharcyde
07-12-2009, 12:14 AM
I referred to that in the bottom of my post.

Yeah, I guess I completely ignored that part.

Showtime
07-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Evans. While he doesn't have a good jumpshot, neither does Rondo, but look what he's done. Why has Rondo been so effective? Because he can compensate with his length, athleticism, and all around play, just like Evans. Evans can get to the basket almost at will. He can play defense, he can rebound, he can pass, he has an all around game that compensates for his lack of shot. I see Evans having the better career.

T-bomb 25
07-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Evans. While he doesn't have a good jumpshot, neither does Rondo, but look what he's done. Why has Rondo been so effective? Because he can compensate with his length, athleticism, and all around play, just like Evans. Evans can get to the basket almost at will. He can play defense, he can rebound, he can pass, he has an all around game that compensates for his lack of shot. I see Evans having the better career.If he gets his shot together he could be special.

Maniak
07-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Putting our differences aside, we must agree that they are both good players and will be one of the better 2 out of this class, correct? :cheers:

T-bomb 25
07-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Putting our differences aside, we must agree that they are both good players and will be one of the better 2 out of this class, correct? :cheers:I like Harden,Maynor,Griffin,Flynn,Douglas,Teague,William s,Clark,Derozen,Mills and that kid Jermaine Taylor better than Curry to im not saying their better,but their games are more appealing to me on the nba level,he's gonna be ok just not a star.

Maniak
07-12-2009, 12:37 AM
I like Harden,Maynor,Griffin,Flynn,Douglas,Teague,William s,Clark,Derozen,Mills and that kid Jermaine Taylor better than Curry to im not saying their better,bt their games are more appealing to me on the nba level,he's gonna be ok just not a star.
Well, that is OK. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and you have yours.

You are a good NBA Forum poster.

Hopper15
07-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Oh yeah, Jeff Teague/Tony Douglas >>>>>> Steph Curry.
lol you can't be serious.

NYK-Bball
07-12-2009, 01:04 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: at people saying Curry can't pass and then bringing up Evans passing as a strength.Not much of a difference and Curry is a better decision maker then Evans.

Curry will be better but not by much.I was wrong about Evans i think he will be a nice player in the league.

TMAC-RAPTORS
07-12-2009, 01:20 AM
I don't know how good Evans is at passing but I will tell you one thing Curry is not just a SG. He can pass and if you actually watched the game today you will know. He has great court vision and was getting his teammates nice looks but they couldn't finish.

NYK-Bball
07-12-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't know how good Evans is at passing but I will tell you one thing Curry is not just a SG. He can pass and if you actually watched the game today you will know. He has great court vision and was getting his teammates nice looks but they couldn't finish.

Finallly someone who knows what they are talking about.Half the people watched his games from 2 years ago in the tourney and said he couldn't pass.He improved way more from since then.

brandonislegend
07-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Curry is going to be REAL nice.

FKAri
03-09-2016, 10:46 PM
I like Harden,Maynor,Griffin,Flynn,Douglas,Teague,William s,Clark,Derozen,Mills and that kid Jermaine Taylor better than Curry to im not saying their better,but their games are more appealing to me on the nba level,he's gonna be ok just not a star.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Zach LaVine
03-10-2016, 12:18 AM
Only thing that would have made this thread better would have been a previous bump after Tyreke won ROY.