PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that thinks that Stephen Curry will be a really really special kid?

tgan3
07-12-2009, 11:47 AM
This guy can flat out shoot, and create his own shot too. I mean since when did someone have a purer shot besides Ray Allen? He can also just sidestep the defender and pull up the jumper like its second nature.

This kid puts up 35 footers like its nothing. His release is as quick as a flash too. On top of that, his court vision is top notch, underrated i must say. he can really pass and pass well.

Also, anyone who takes a dig at his athleticism or strength. Get real. He did 10 bench presses at the combine( I would say good for a guard ). He's fast enough and he dunks pretty well. Not exactly the best dunker or derrick rose athleticism but he gets to the rim.

Hes easily the best scorer in this year's draft by a mile. 16 points and 29 points in the first two summer league games.

Interminator
07-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Belinelli dropped 40 in Summer League I believe.

Curry might be good, but he wont be a permanent fixture in Nelson's lineup.

Curry is a 6th Man, he fits better there than as a starter.

Yung D-Will
07-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Stephen Curry is gonna be special but Rubio will be a star.

john_d
07-12-2009, 11:50 AM
he need to bulk up a little more. give this kid a team around him. so he will have confidence to shoot

asd
07-12-2009, 12:37 PM
won't be much better than JJ Redick

mrhoopfan
07-12-2009, 05:01 PM
I am rooting for him to do well, but Interminator made a good point......Bellinelli dropped 40 as well in a summer league game....and Steph scored 29 on 8-22 shooting......Nelson is a weird coach, hopefully Curry finds his way in the rotation

NYK-Bball
07-12-2009, 05:07 PM
I feel the same thing.Curry is a problem and he takes the time to improve his game so he will always get better.He has a Dad that's been there and hes been around the NBA as a younging.Plus his game right now is still good.He has a underrated penetrating game and passing game.

mamba24
07-12-2009, 05:12 PM
shooters dont become stars...he needs an all out game to be special...most nba players can shoot..

Nash...great shooter, also great passer , great leader
Kidd...triple double machine, and defense
CP3,Tony Parker, D Rose, D-Will, Rondo, J Nelson, Devin Harris, Mo Williams. these PG are outstanding and curry wont be better than any of these...

hwliuLAP
07-12-2009, 05:14 PM
One thing about Curry is that he is an underrated passer.

He's a great passer in terms of getting the ball to where he wants in tough situations. He may not have the best court awareness, but he's shown the ability to make some accurate half court pass.

mamba24
07-12-2009, 05:34 PM
One thing about Curry is that he is an underrated passer.

He's a great passer in terms of getting the ball to where he wants in tough situations. He may not have the best court awareness, but he's shown the ability to make some accurate half court pass.

whose the chik in the pic

kumquat
07-12-2009, 05:48 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x276/Show_me_the_panties/specialkid.jpg

chocolatethunder
07-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I think that he'll be a bust. I would be really surprised if he became a point guard. He's too slow to get his own shot off. I just don't see it with him.

magnax1
07-12-2009, 06:50 PM
He could be really great sixth man, and could be a similar player to Jason Terry but I think he could be a better passer, and is already a close shooter. He doesn't have the physical talents of Terry though.

takeittothehoop
07-12-2009, 06:51 PM
If by special you mean like Stephen hawking special...then yes.

magnax1
07-12-2009, 06:52 PM
shooters dont become stars...he needs an all out game to be special...most nba players can shoot..

Nash...great shooter, also great passer , great leader
Kidd...triple double machine, and defense
CP3,Tony Parker, D Rose, D-Will, Rondo, J Nelson, Devin Harris, Mo Williams. these PG are outstanding and curry wont be better than any of these...
You forgot about Reggie Miller, and Ray Allen. Both of them were stars.

takeittothehoop
07-12-2009, 06:56 PM
You forgot about Reggie Miller, and Ray Allen. Both of them were stars.
Thats two guys out of how many wannabee shooters.

nbastatus
07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
the next ray allen

magnax1
07-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Thats two guys out of how many wannabee shooters.
True, but not many people expect curry to be a star. I could see him put up 17points 5 assists nightly, but beyond that is pretty crazy, and even that is going pretty far.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-12-2009, 07:41 PM
This guy can flat out shoot, and create his own shot too. I mean since when did someone have a purer shot besides Ray Allen? He can also just sidestep the defender and pull up the jumper like its second nature.

This kid puts up 35 footers like its nothing. His release is as quick as a flash too. On top of that, his court vision is top notch, underrated i must say. he can really pass and pass well.

Also, anyone who takes a dig at his athleticism or strength. Get real. He did 10 bench presses at the combine( I would say good for a guard ). He's fast enough and he dunks pretty well. Not exactly the best dunker or derrick rose athleticism but he gets to the rim.

Hes easily the best scorer in this year's draft by a mile. 16 points and 29 points in the first two summer league games.

He is one of the best high volume low percentage scorers out there. I will give you his is more athletic then he gets credit for. He is no JJ Reddick in terms of athletism that is for sure, but the same time he isn't Derrick Rose or O.J. Mayo when it comes to speed and vertical. He can get to the rim just people are so concerned with him lighting them up. He is a amazing shooter, but not a Pure one like Ray Allen Just not yet.
But right now all he is in a volume shooter. Curry needs a lot of shots to be effective. Right now O.J. Mayo is more of a pure shooter than Steph Curry.

Hasn't really had a really good game from 3pt line, but since he is shooting in volume he gets away with going 3-8 both games.

Yes Steph Curry had 16 points and 29 points impressive right? not really
He is shooting 33.3% from the field

I bet even Allen Iverson looked at that Statline and said " Damn"

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-12-2009, 07:45 PM
To answer the OP's question if you let him he can become easily a 25 PPG scorer giving the shots on 39% FG.

4 Inches
02-20-2016, 06:22 PM

OP you got this one

Smook A.
02-20-2016, 06:27 PM
:oldlol:

Love reading these type of old posts

BasedTom
02-20-2016, 06:33 PM
I think that he'll be a bust. I would be really surprised if he became a point guard. He's too slow to get his own shot off. I just don't see it with him.

He could be really great sixth man, and could be a similar player to Jason Terry but I think he could be a better passer, and is already a close shooter. He doesn't have the physical talents of Terry though.
some of these clowns still post on this board smh

Spaulding
02-20-2016, 06:37 PM
Damn lol

ShannonElements
02-20-2016, 06:37 PM
:oldlol:

Love reading these type of old posts

Me too. Lots of fail in this thread. :lol

pastis
02-20-2016, 06:38 PM
I could see him put up 17points 5 assists nightly, but beyond that is pretty crazy, and even that is going pretty far.

won't be much better than JJ Redick

:lol :lol :lol

Stormtrooper
02-20-2016, 06:39 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Milbuck
02-20-2016, 07:00 PM
Oh look, chocolatethunder is wrong as f*ck...again :yaohappy:

jimmy77x
02-20-2016, 07:05 PM
Rubio a star :roll: :roll: one of the most overhypted prospects in the league. guy has made a ton of money and is a fucin scrub. Unbelievable.

tmacattack33
02-20-2016, 07:08 PM
Hilarious.

But to be fair to the dudes who posted in this thread about Curry being a JJ Redick at best, i probably would have said similar things but i just didn't post it (or maybe i did in another thread).

I thought Curry would have a prime at about Jason Terry or Monta Ellis level.

warriorfan
02-20-2016, 07:11 PM
i made this thread years ago but I lost my password on that account and had to make this one

r0drig0lac
02-20-2016, 08:45 PM
OP :applause:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-20-2016, 08:46 PM
i made this thread years ago but I lost my password on that account and had to make this one

got proof? U

FKAri
02-20-2016, 10:00 PM
Rubio a star :roll: :roll: one of the most overhypted prospects in the league. guy has made a ton of money and is a fucin scrub. Unbelievable.

He's been the same player since he was 16.

La Frescobaldi
02-20-2016, 10:11 PM
He's been the same player since he was 16.
rubio is actually really really good tho not at scoring.

Before Pekovic blew up on endless injuries those 2 made a devastating combo. The league had no answer for that.

If he was on a team like Spurs Heat Cavs Mavs Warriors he would be looked at very very differently.

oh the horror
02-20-2016, 10:15 PM
Hindsight is 20/20. Some of you need to stop acting like you had this kid pegged as being as good as he is now back then.

At one point the guy seemed like injuries were going to completely f*ck him. It is what it is

JimmyMcAdocious
02-20-2016, 10:18 PM
Steph is one of the most surprising mega-superstars in my lifetime. Even if I were overly optimistic about his career, never would I have thought he would arguably be the best in the game with LeBron still in his prime and guys like Durant at their peak. Still wouldn't have made that prediction after watching him play his first few years and seeing he was a legit allstar talent. His ascension is really something else.

tmacattack33
02-20-2016, 10:18 PM
Hindsight is 20/20. Some of you need to stop acting like you had this kid pegged as being as good as he is now back then.

At one point the guy seemed like injuries were going to completely f*ck him. It is what it is

Yeah...and actually, even in June of last year over the first two games of the Finals, we had people here talking about how Curry is not a true first option :roll:

99% of people thought Curry was an undersized SG who would have problems creating offense as a PG and who would just be a shooter...at about Jason Terry or Mo Williams level

raprap
02-20-2016, 10:33 PM
I remember building my lakers association in 2k10 around curry.

Dresta
02-20-2016, 10:35 PM
This is the funniest one. I can see how people could've thought he wasn't gonna be great, but to think the bolded is just silly.

Wade's Rings
02-20-2016, 10:40 PM

:applause:

TheMarkMadsen
02-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Yeah...and actually, even in June of last year over the first two games of the Finals, we had people here talking about how Curry is not a true first option :roll:

99% of people thought Curry was an undersized SG who would have problems creating offense as a PG and who would just be a shooter...at about Jason Terry or Mo Williams level

dubeta doesn't count

kurple
02-21-2016, 08:58 AM
Lol, anyone here who tries to say they have never been wrong about an player is either lying or have never had an interest in college ball or projecting prospects, and therefor never done it

christian1923
02-21-2016, 10:31 AM
I knew he was gonna be a star when God didn't let him come to the Knicks.

Lebron23
02-21-2016, 11:31 AM

This guy is a very poor talent evaluator.

Lebron23
02-21-2016, 11:36 AM
OP is Asian, and 100% chance that he's a Filipino. I am 100% correct.

SugarHill
02-21-2016, 11:43 AM
OP is Asian, and 100% chance that he's a Filipino. I am 100% correct.
:wtf: :roll:

Lebron23
02-21-2016, 11:44 AM
:wtf: :roll:

Warriorfan just admitted that he's Tgan3. :oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

feyki
02-21-2016, 12:07 PM
Lol, anyone here who tries to say they have never been wrong about an player is either lying or have never had an interest in college ball or projecting prospects, and therefor never done it

Exactly .