PDA

View Full Version : Lance Stephenson

idizzle
07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
I been reading about this kid since last year and from some of the stuff I've heard he can ball. Everybody making it seem like he's a thug with the sex assault charge against ( he plead gulity and will not have to serve jail time, counseling and 3 days community service). John Wall was arrested for burglary and nobody is labeling him. I think the kid should be about to show what he can do at Cincy and how he acts off the court next season before he is called a thug and bust. I hope that the kid can play at Cincy and have a career in the NBA.

Y'all might think I'm crazy but I think he will be a top 10 pick in the draft next year if he decides to do a one and done.

Sonson
07-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Pretty much, possible... I like his game, but considering that he's kinda mentally defective with regard to his selfishness and sorta overdone swagger he's gonna fail...

Anyway i enjoy watching him play :D

Interminator
07-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Pretty much, possible... I like his game, but considering that he's kinda mentally defective with regard to his selfishness and sorta overdone swagger he's gonna fail...

Anyway i enjoy watching him play :D
Shut up loser.

Interminator
07-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Stephenson wont be Top 10, probably late Lottery if he has a good season.

Sonson
07-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Stephenson wont be Top 10, probably late Lottery if he has a good season.
whats ur problem?
i did, mention that im probably one of those who are really enjoying watching him play, but im just sayin that hes gonna have problem unless he doesnt change his attitude

Interminator
07-17-2009, 08:29 AM
whats ur problem?
i did, mention that im probably one of those who are really enjoying watching him play, but im just sayin that hes gonna have problem unless he doesnt change his attitude
There is nothing wrong with his attitude, thats why its so ridiculous to bring it up.

The only example people tend to use is him throwing the basketball at some player 2 years ago.

I've followed Lance since 9th grade after hearing about his Rucker Park debut, and there is nothing about his attitude thats not different from most HS athletes, except he lives and plays on a bigger stage in NYC.

Sonson
07-17-2009, 08:51 AM
There is nothing wrong with his attitude, thats why its so ridiculous to bring it up.

The only example people tend to use is him throwing the basketball at some player 2 years ago.

I've followed Lance since 9th grade after hearing about his Rucker Park debut, and there is nothing about his attitude thats not different from most HS athletes, except he lives and plays on a bigger stage in NYC.

Okay, so i guess there are plenty other losers out there like NY DAILY NEWS:

Some have cited Stephenson's on-court demeanor as a turn-off. Others were scared away by questions surrounding his eligibility, a pending sexual assault case and rumors of Stephenson's possible involvement with an agent. His father's constant presence caused some programs to cease courting the Coney Island star.

then probably also a loser called Eamonn Brennan from Yahoo! Sports rivals.com saying:

His attitude. Chris's post had a quote from a USA Basketball coach about why Stephenson didn't make the under-18 team last year, and it was about team-related attitude. In the Daily News story, a Big East assistant says "With Lance, it's always me, me, me." Davidson's coach, Bob McKillop -- coincidentally the coach of the U-18 USA Basketball team that cut Stephenson -- is now on the record saying:

"Five percent of the game is played with the ball in your hands," McKillop told the News at the time. "The other 95% is played without the ball in your hands. Lance had to work on that."

Yeah, even SNY.tv just cant hire some solid folks reporting:

His on-court behavior, which has been termed selfish by some and which got him cut from the U.S. under-18 team by Davidson head coach Bob McKillop last summer, is another issue that may have scared some schools off. So has the looming presence of his father, Lance Stephenson Sr., who is directing the recruiting process.

A slew of colleges have reportedly bowed out of the recruitment, including Florida, Florida International, Kansas, Maryland, St. John's and possibly Arizona, leaving Memphis seemingly as the last team standing.

Cmon, I dont wanna mess with you, but one definetly cant doubt that his attitude cant really be called mature...

Ah, by the way i've followed lance since his first abcd camp...

Interminator
07-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Okay, so i guess there are plenty other losers out there like NY DAILY NEWS:

then probably also a loser called Eamonn Brennan from Yahoo! Sports rivals.com saying:

Yeah, even SNY.tv just cant hire some solid folks reporting:

Cmon, I dont wanna mess with you, but one definetly cant doubt that his attitude cant really be called mature...

Ah, by the way i've followed lance since his first abcd camp...
What does any of that say about his attitude?
Father directly took control over his recruitment, so did plenty other HS players who have parents make decisions for them even though they are 18 or 19.
Lance played at a Lance-ball system at Lincoln, so did Tyreke at ACA and I didnt see anyone saying he cant adjust to the NBA. If you watched Lincoln the past few seasons you'd realize how that team revolved around 2 players, Lance & Padgett, the rest were either too undersized or just werent talented enough.

And each school that mutually seperated from Lance, was considered pulling out due to the NY media sensationalizing his late recruitment.

JaE_BLiZZy
07-17-2009, 11:12 AM
wut college is Lance going to?? did he chose yet?

Interminator
07-17-2009, 11:28 AM
wut college is Lance going to?? did he chose yet?
Cincinatti.

lukeridnour08
07-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Anyone who still thinks this kid is first round material is out of their mind.

He has fallen off the NBA prospect board, and his play this year is going to determine if he gets back on it.

IMO, He won't get back on it.

Probable secound round pick to undrafted when he comes out.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of his, and I really hope he does make it in the NBA, its just that at this point its not very possible.
I am going to follow him wherever he goes though, whether it be Europe or the D-league or whatever.

I hope you can make it to the big stage lance!!!

Interminator
07-17-2009, 01:00 PM

He has fallen off the NBA prospect board, and his play this year is going to determine if he gets back on it.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of his, and I really hope he does make it in the NBA, its just that at this point its not very possible.
I am going to follow him wherever he goes though, whether it be Europe or the D-league or whatever.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MannyO
07-17-2009, 01:23 PM

how are you a huge fan of him you don't know him like that in person he isn't nice at all. My cousin goes to the same school with him and they are in the same graduating class. He is anything but nice. I respect him for his achievements and skill set but I don't like him as a person.

Interminator
07-17-2009, 02:29 PM
how are you a huge fan of him you don't know him like that in person he isn't nice at all. My cousin goes to the same school with him and they are in the same graduating class. He is anything but nice. I respect him for his achievements and skill set but I don't like him as a person.
What the **** @ disliking a player for not being nice to your cousin.

Your cousin is probably a douche or doesnt cross his circle.

Sonson
07-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Honestly, he should stay for at least two years at the Cincy Campus. Year 2011 he then could be the big time prospect everybody want to watch playin.

KBryant24
07-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes he could most defiantly become that talent, but he has that "i am the best" and "it's all about me" edge to him. So i doubt he will stay in school. He will probably jump after only one year into the league. I believe he could become a great player if he stayed in school a few years and developed his game some more.

Interminator
07-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Lance Stephenson-streetball Paul Pierce in the NBA.

A.M.G.
07-18-2009, 01:09 AM
Father directly took control over his recruitment, so did plenty other HS players who have parents make decisions for them even though they are 18 or 19.
Lance played at a Lance-ball system at Lincoln, so did Tyreke at ACA and I didnt see anyone saying he cant adjust to the NBA. If you watched Lincoln the past few seasons you'd realize how that team revolved around 2 players, Lance & Padgett, the rest were either too undersized or just werent talented enough.

And each school that mutually seperated from Lance, was considered pulling out due to the NY media sensationalizing his late recruitment.

He didn't make the Under-18 Team because of his "team-related attitude".

"With Lance it's always me, me, me."

It explicitly says "Selfish" on-court behaviour.

What does any of that NOT say about attitude?

Seriously, I do not understand why you defend this kid. He is obviously more of a prima donna than most high school stars, I don't care where he plays. If he doesn't fix his attitude and realize that in the NBA he will not be "The Man", he will fail in the NBA, even if he is a first rounder next year.

Of course, I highly, HIGHLY doubt he would be a lottery pick if he declared after one year of college, so maybe there is hope that he will mature in college playing against serious competition.

We'll see how he performs at Cinci, that is if he still qualifies as an amateur.

WhySoInsecure?
07-18-2009, 07:28 AM

You don't know ****. The guy is in special ed, he's always in trouble and like someone mentioned. I've seen him before and know people that bump into him almost every day. The guy is a nutcase.

You saying that he's like most HS athletes just proves that you've never been around any. Sylvan and Kemba are nothing like him and they're both much better basketball players.

Interminator
07-18-2009, 10:06 AM
You don't know ****. The guy is in special ed, he's always in trouble and like someone mentioned. I've seen him before and know people that bump into him almost every day. The guy is a nutcase.

You saying that he's like most HS athletes just proves that you've never been around any. Sylvan and Kemba are nothing like him and they're both much better basketball players.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thats funny, considering I played HS basketball for 4 years and was an All State selection.

You dont know anything about him personally, you and the other guy sound like a bunch of nerds who dont cross his path but know who he is and he wont say Hi to you. You're the loser sitting around talking about a 19 year old kid's attitude, who you dont know or havent seen anything to prove it. You just walked past him, Recognized him, Asked for his Autograph, He walked away laughing at you.:oldlol:

So you're wasting time arguing how bad and dumb of a person he is on the internet, like people actually care what you say.

And most good HS athletes have the confidence of Lance in their basketball abilities, whether they speak publicly about it or not. His attitude of being an emotional/tough player can be found throughout the NBA of very good NBA players.

Sonson
07-18-2009, 11:43 AM

Thats funny, considering I played HS basketball for 4 years and was an All State selection.

You dont know anything about him personally, you and the other guy sound like a bunch of nerds who dont cross his path but know who he is and he wont say Hi to you. You're the loser sitting around talking about a 19 year old kid's attitude, who you dont know or havent seen anything to prove it. You just walked past him, Recognized him, Asked for his Autograph, He walked away laughing at you.:oldlol:

So you're wasting time arguing how bad and dumb of a person he is on the internet, like people actually care what you say.

And most good HS athletes have the confidence of Lance in their basketball abilities, whether they speak publicly about it or not. His attitude of being an emotional/tough player can be found throughout the NBA of very good NBA players.

So if it is kinda insane to you, talking about the guy here on the internet, why u are defending him like that here...

Ah by the way i dont want an answer, cause ive learned its a wast of time to discuss about lance steph.

Younggrease
07-18-2009, 01:21 PM

Lance looks and plays retarded...He isnt very good and doesnt understand the game, he also doesnt look like he wants to. Would never want that guy on any team I followed.

No one gives a damn about Lance Stephenson...So I'll say it based on the games I saw him play he looks dumb, talks retarded and plays retarded....plus he isnt naturally talented enough to overcome it on the NBA level

Da KO King
07-18-2009, 01:38 PM
If I was a college coach Stephenson's body language on the court would have scared me off.

Stephenson plays hard along with looking like and having a rep of practicing hard, but the way he carries himself screams uphill battle to coach the kid. From blowing assignments coming out of huddles, breaking plays, screaming at people, etc.

Hopefully for Stephenson it is a maturity issue and he grows with his time in college.

Go Getter
07-18-2009, 03:43 PM
his game is still very raw but the talent is there.

MannyO
07-19-2009, 06:22 PM
What the **** @ disliking a player for not being nice to your cousin.

Your cousin is probably a douche or doesnt cross his circle.

I said I don't like him as a person dumbass. Hes a good player I respect his game but he bullies everyone around him because of his size. Didn't you hear he ****ed up his teammate devon mccmilan... I bet you'd love him right.

Interminator
07-24-2009, 09:42 AM
I said I don't like him as a person dumbass. Hes a good player I respect his game but he bullies everyone around him because of his size. Didn't you hear he ****ed up his teammate devon mccmilan... I bet you'd love him right.
Why is this supposed to be scary to me?

Teammates fight & argue all of the time, fights happen, why you computer nerds who never played HS basketball or contact sports have overblown that is ridiculous.

He also threw a ball at somebody.:eek:

Tell me when he is raping a hotel worker in his room, and talking about every other player who has sex outside of their marriage.:oldlol:

Interminator
07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
If I was a college coach Stephenson's body language on the court would have scared me off.
Thats why you aren't, Do you remember Derrick Rose?

Stephenson plays hard along with looking like and having a rep of practicing hard, but the way he carries himself screams uphill battle to coach the kid. From blowing assignments coming out of huddles, breaking plays, screaming at people, etc.
Actually that happens a lot for a player thrust into a Point Forward role espescially one in Lance's case who did not play in a system that featured him but rather Lance was the system at Lincoln.

He became the system early on at abou 14 almost immediately when he came there, so to expect a 19 year old guy to look like a seasoned veteran mastering an offensive scheme that revolves entirely around him is pretty laughable.

Interminator
07-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Lance looks and plays retarded...He isnt very good and doesnt understand the game, he also doesnt look like he wants to. Would never want that guy on any team I followed.
Thats OK.

No one gives a damn about Lance Stephenson...So I'll say it based on the games I saw him play he looks dumb, talks retarded and plays retarded....plus he isnt naturally talented enough to overcome it on the NBA level
Actually Lance is very popular in NYC, and if you dont know shattered every scoring record.

And the point of natural talent is laughable, if you've seen him play you would realize that talent is definetly there. Hes a 6'5 220 lb SF with the handles to get to the basket and the size & strength to finish at the basket with ease or draw a foul. He also has good range from outside but his most deadly shot is from the top of the key.

MannyO
07-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Why is this supposed to be scary to me?

Teammates fight & argue all of the time, fights happen, why you computer nerds who never played HS basketball or contact sports have overblown that is ridiculous.

He also threw a ball at somebody.:eek:

Tell me when he is raping a hotel worker in his room, and talking about every other player who has sex outside of their marriage.:oldlol:

computer nerd :oldlol: men look at the amount of posts you have compared to mine. By the way I actually play HS basketball and football so lets straighten that out. If you had Lance as a teammate you'd never even get to touch the ball once, and your over here glorifying this guy as if he is a God he doesn't even know you I doubt he'd care even if he did.

Interminator
07-24-2009, 11:47 PM
computer nerd :oldlol: men look at the amount of posts you have compared to mine. By the way I actually play HS basketball and football so lets straighten that out. If you had Lance as a teammate you'd never even get to touch the ball once, and your over here glorifying this guy as if he is a God he doesn't even know you I doubt he'd care even if he did.
Thats ironic considering Lance doesn't know you but you have had contact with him, yet dislike him personally.

My post count is irrelevant, I dont post 100 times a day.

I played HS Basketball, and I understand the knock Lance is getting because hes a star player with a team full of average NYC ballers other than Padgett. The entire premise of the offense is to give Lance the ball and get out of his way, and let him involve you if he sees you open. But why kick it out to some guy wide open on the perimeter if he cant make the shot?

People consider that being a ballhog, and obviously he'll have to adjust accordingly at some point in the NBA or he'll end up out of the league or struggling when the offense doesnt revolve around him.

rosonviyavong
07-25-2009, 01:27 AM
lANCE IS MY BOYY!!!

Da KO King
07-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Thats why you aren't, Do you remember Derrick Rose?
I remember saying Derrick Rose is not a good pick and roll guard. He still isn't.

I remember saying Rose isn't a legit outside shooting threat. He still isn't.

I remember saying Rose would average 13 points and 4 assists as a rookie. He averaged 17 and 7.

So yes, I was off by 4 points and 3 assists. The rest of the stuff I said is completely valid still.

Plus if I asked you to you could not find a single quote of me saying Rose sucks or will be a bust. I was not, and still am not, sold on Derrick Rose becoming a star point guard. Rose's ability is too tied to his athleticism for me to believe that it will turn out the way people think.

Actually that happens a lot for a player thrust into a Point Forward role espescially one in Lance's case who did not play in a system that featured him but rather Lance was the system at Lincoln.

He became the system early on at abou 14 almost immediately when he came there, so to expect a 19 year old guy to look like a seasoned veteran mastering an offensive scheme that revolves entirely around him is pretty laughable.
Lance Stephenson's position and the Lincoln offense has little to do with what I'm talking about. Stephenson simply plays in a very immature/selfish manner and clearly isn't always paying attention. The crappiness of Tiny Morton's offensive gameplan has little to do with Stephenson screaming at teammates and opponents. That is all on Stephenson's shoulders.

franchize
07-25-2009, 03:43 PM
padgett is excluded...he's avg too.dont let the UM scholarship fool you.i think he got that cuz they thought it wud entice lance.neway,its funny how ole boy said lance wudnt pass the ball yet he has arguably the best court vision in the entire class.bottom line is,ppl need to get off that pass first pg mentality. the person on your team who is the best scorer should be the one shooting the ball the most....period.you dont get any more or less points because some1 of a different position shoots it.o yea n i played pg in NYC starting point to so that excludes me from the nerd steroetype also.

MannyO
07-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Thats ironic considering Lance doesn't know you but you have had contact with him, yet dislike him personally.

My post count is irrelevant, I dont post 100 times a day.

I played HS Basketball, and I understand the knock Lance is getting because hes a star player with a team full of average NYC ballers other than Padgett. The entire premise of the offense is to give Lance the ball and get out of his way, and let him involve you if he sees you open. But why kick it out to some guy wide open on the perimeter if he cant make the shot?

People consider that being a ballhog, and obviously he'll have to adjust accordingly at some point in the NBA or he'll end up out of the league or struggling when the offense doesnt revolve around him.

first did I ever say I had contact with lance? No. My cousin is in the same class as he is and he got a ****ty attitude.

Second you definatly should not be calling anyone a computer nerd when you have 11,000+ posts and you're here defending a person that you don't even know like that.

Once again I like lance's game, but his attitude is going to get him nowhere, trust me I lived in Brooklyn for a long time and people like him make a lot of mistakes like he is doing already. But hey who am I to stop you from supporting him, your a good fan of his.

By the way about the ballhog thing. Like you said earlier if he doesn't learn to pass the ball he most likely won't even get drafted.

idizzle
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
He's going to do the right thing. He's coming back for his sophomore season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high_school/2010/03/05/2010-03-05_stephenson_still_giving_it_college_try.html

Samurai Swoosh
03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Da KO King and his maneuvering of his intial albeit dreadfully wrong opinions on Derrick Rose. Shrugging off 4 points and 3 assists like he wasn't far off ...

:oldlol:

4 points and 3 assists per game difference makes him a completely different caliber of player.

Already a proven All Star, dude was dead wrong.

Da KO King
03-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Da KO King and his maneuvering of his intial albeit dreadfully wrong opinions on Derrick Rose. Shrugging off 4 points and 3 assists like he wasn't far off ...

4 points and 3 assists per game difference makes him a completely different caliber of player.

Already a proven All Star, dude was dead wrong.
Shrug it off or acknowledged it while asking is it truly that "far off?!"

Outside of missing out a stats guess what about my evaluation on Derrick Rose has been wrong? I'm seriously asking too. Don't type some random trash like I said he'd suck. I want you to actually look into it. You'll realize despite my wording I've NEVER been as down as Rose as you continue to tell yourself.

SEEBASS1234
03-07-2010, 05:08 PM
i used to really like lance but he became into a pre-madonna

InspiredLebowski
03-08-2010, 08:12 AM
i used to really like lance but he became into a pre-madonna
I think the complete opposite. If anything he's shed a bit of that primadonna ego, he's seemed pretty coachable at Cinci.

Anyway, there were reports he's staying at Cinci for his soph seasons a month or so ago but I don't think any of them actually quoted him.

Da KO King
03-20-2010, 01:20 PM
I think the complete opposite. If anything he's shed a bit of that primadonna ego, he's seemed pretty coachable at Cinci.

Anyway, there were reports he's staying at Cinci for his soph seasons a month or so ago but I don't think any of them actually quoted him.
Stephenson doesn't have much choice. There was pretty much no chance of him going in the first round.

Da KO King
04-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Stephenson doesn't have much choice. There was pretty much no chance of him going in the first round.
So of course Stenphenson declares for the Draft. Hopefully he doesn't hire an agent.

idizzle
04-07-2010, 11:11 AM
So of course Stenphenson declares for the Draft. Hopefully he doesn't hire an agent.

Damn you beat me to it lol.

I say its 50-50 that he will go pro.

I think he will go pro because he has a little girl and wants to take care of his family.

The reason I think he will stay iun school is because his game needs a bit more polish to it.

Da KO King
04-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Damn you beat me to it lol.

I say its 50-50 that he will go pro.

I think he will go pro because he has a little girl and wants to take care of his family.

The reason I think he will stay iun school is because his game needs a bit more polish to it.
I was just told that Stephenson actually already has an agent.

idizzle
04-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I was just told that Stephenson actually already has an agent.

Yep. I heard it on Sportcenters.

Da KO King
04-09-2010, 08:02 AM
This is hands down one of the worst early entry decisions I can remember. It would take miracle caliber workouts for Stephenson to become a guaranteed first rounder.

Posterize246
04-09-2010, 11:17 AM

[QUOTE]

SEEBASS1234
04-10-2010, 10:13 PM
This is hands down one of the worst early entry decisions I can remember. It would take miracle caliber workouts for Stephenson to become a guaranteed first rounder.

bill walker was.

but it's a shame he declared for the NBA, he could be really good in the NCAA and build his stock up

A.M.G.
04-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Lance Stephenson pretty much represents everything that is wrong with High School hype machines. Sure he's famous-ish, but has it made him an NBA lock? No. And it's probably made him so arrogant and spoiled that he won't develop into as good of a player as he could have.

It could be worse of course (Jeremy Tyler). At least Lance played pretty well at Cinci, just not well enough to be a first rounder as a freshman.

Believe it or not, NBA scouts and GMs judge you on how you perform in college and on your physical attributes. They don't care that you dominated scrubs on Staten Island.

Batman
04-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Who ever gets Lance will get the steal of the draft " Born Ready" his game was made for the NBA. see Tyreke Evans

InspiredLebowski
04-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Those were his quotes. And I agree he's definitely been humbled.
Fixed. Losing some of the ego's obviously a good thing, but he didn't have much choice, not like his name's TJ Ford.

Da KO King
04-17-2010, 06:19 AM
bill walker was.

Forgot about Walker. Why did Walker declare? One time I heard it was because he wasn't going to legitimately make grades.

Batman
07-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Who ever gets Lance will get the steal of the draft " Born Ready" his game was made for the NBA. see Tyreke Evans

You guy are all MORONS. I should be paid to be an NBA scout, I am always right. Anybody with eyes can tell you Lance is a top 3 player in this draft class, he is a Tyreke Evans clone.

21 points 4 rebs 3 assists 8-10 FG in his summer league debut and was has down the best player on the court,and he went in the 2nd round.

InspiredLebowski
07-06-2010, 02:25 AM
And was defended by the 5'8 Jerome Randle most of the game. Stephenson looked good, but let's not ahead of ourselves.

High Roller
07-06-2010, 01:10 PM
he is reall talented. So it is no wonder he will be drafted.

I see...

chips93
07-06-2010, 04:29 PM
donte greene scored like 40+ points in a summer league game . . . just sayin

InspiredLebowski
07-06-2010, 04:49 PM
donte greene scored like 40+ points in a summer league game . . . just sayin
Donte Greene actually looked really good in some spurts last season. Travis Diener putting up like 35 in a summer game's a better example.

IlliniFan
07-06-2010, 06:34 PM
You guy are all MORONS. I should be paid to be an NBA scout, I am always right. Anybody with eyes can tell you Lance is a top 3 player in this draft class, he is a Tyreke Evans clone.

21 points 4 rebs 3 assists 8-10 FG in his summer league debut and was has down the best player on the court,and he went in the 2nd round.
Guy has one good summer league game and you should be an NBA scout? :oldlol:

Rowe
07-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I like Lance Stephenson. He needs to improve on his shooting and cutting down on no look passes but if he is moved to PG he really will shine in Indiana. 6'6 227 with a killer crossover.