PDA

View Full Version : Kupchak not hopeful of re-signing Odom

D-Rose
07-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Link (http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/13/kupchak-not-hopeful-of-getting-odom/20583/)

Forget all that good vibe about Lamar Odom re-signing with the Lakers. Mitch Kupchak’s gut feeling is that it won’t happen.

Kupchak said Monday he was “not as hopeful” of reaching a deal with Odom as he was last week. He said that the Lakers and Odom’s representative, agent Jeff Schwartz, “are not on the same page” and there are no further talks planned.

The Lakers were believed to have offered Odom $8 million-plus, but Odom has been seeking at least $10 million.

“I understand it’s a business, but I’m suprised it has taken this long to get to this point,” he said at halftime of the Lakers-Clippers Summer League game.

I read LA offered 8.5 mill....where else does Odom expect to get that kind of money?

If he left for MLE that'd be shady, we bring in his best friend and offer him more money than anyone else wants to give him and honestly what he does deserve at this age and the salary cap going down.

Also, apparently Odom cancelled his Lakers championship DVD appearance thing for tonight....lol @ Odom thinking he's getting 10 mill.

BlazersDozen
07-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Link (http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/13/kupchak-not-hopeful-of-getting-odom/20583/)

I read LA offered 8.5 mill....where else does Odom expect to get that kind of money?

If he left for MLE that'd be shady, we bring in his best friend and offer him more money than anyone else wants to give him and honestly what he does deserve at this age and the salary cap going down.

Also, apparently Odom cancelled his Lakers championship DVD appearance thing for tonight....lol @ Odom thinking he's getting 10 mill.

He can get $10 million from Portland and $11 million from OKC.

D-Rose
07-13-2009, 10:47 PM
He can get $10 million from Portland and $11 million from OKC.
Let's be realistic though. Realistically with the cap going down to 51 mill in 2010, it is unlikely someone gives Odom 10 mill/yr.

OKC already has Jeff Green in the same mold as Odom and they're going for a youth movement.

wang4three
07-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Sucks for the Lakers.

BlazersDozen
07-13-2009, 10:49 PM
They're going in a youth movement? Isn't the oldest guy on the roster Nick Collison?

Westbrook
Durant
Odom
Green
Collison

With Harden off the bench...I don't see why the Thunder wouldn't try.

Oh, and the Blazers...

Blake
Roy
Odom
Aldridge
Oden

Yummy...They offered Millsap 9 mill...I'm sure they'll throw down another mill on a more versatile player.

ZeN
07-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Odom to where? How is 8 mil not a good number compared to what other can offer?

I hope things dont get messed up for L.O.:ohwell:

ProfessorMurder
07-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Oh yeah! I'm liking this...

Odom should go to Portland or OKC. He could help both teams, plus he'd get the money he wants, plus he's got a ring now. Win-win.

chitownsfinest
07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Let's be realistic though. Realistically with the cap going down to 51 mill in 2010, it is unlikely someone gives Odom 10 mill/yr.

OKC already has Jeff Green in the same mold as Odom and they're going for a youth movement.
Jeff Green is a sf that is playing out of his position. He is not a legit pf and doesn't focus in playing the paint that much. I think if they do get Odom, they will trade Green and move Odom to the pf.

Bodhi
07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
If Portland or OKC were interested, they would have already talked with Odom. Odom's only option is to do a sign and trade and I haven't seen any realistic ideas so far.

ZeN
07-13-2009, 10:52 PM
If Portland or OKC were interested, they would have already talked with Odom. Odom's only option is to do a sign and trade and I haven't seen any realistic ideas so far.

Also that would assume that the Lakers would help in facilitating that trade...:ohwell:

97 bulls
07-13-2009, 10:52 PM

i think hes pissd cuz every laker has gotten a raise when their contract was up. and now they expect him to take about a 40% cut in salary. he should have never agreed to being a sixth man cuz it hurt his numbers. that decision cost hom about 30 million dollars.

Brujesino
07-13-2009, 10:54 PM
without odom

the lakers are still a top team in the west

but odom is key in order to win a championship next year

IMO

so the lakers better pull something off and resign odom

D-Rose
07-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Jeff Green is a sf that is playing out of his position. He is not a legit pf and doesn't focus in playing the paint that much. I think if they do get Odom, they will trade Green and move Odom to the pf.
Jeff Green much younger than Odom and pretty productive...why the hell would you trade him for a guy that's 2 years from being past his prime??

Portland would definetly push for Odom if Millsap gets matched. Still don't see them giving 10 mill with the cap going down to 51 and they have to max out on Roy and give Aldridge a big contract too.

Bodhi
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
without odom

IMO

I don't think that the Lakers need Odom to repeat. With Odom they're clearly the favorites to win, without him they're about on the same level as the other contenders.

D-Rose
07-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Mitch should wait and see if Odom still doesn't accept and try and do a S&T. Hinrich?

BlazersDozen
07-13-2009, 10:57 PM

Have you heard of anyother team interested in L.O. than L.A.?

So do you really think the Lakers are bargaining against themselves. I'm sure that the Blazers and other teams have talked to L.O. but kept it quiet just like with what happens with trades.

ZeN
07-13-2009, 10:58 PM
without odom

IMO

I agree, having someone that adds considerable depth and versatility, as Odom does places the Lakers just slightly above the other teams...

If they dont sign him, it will make it more a balanced playing field..

Brujesino
07-13-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't think that the Lakers need Odom to repeat. With Odom they're clearly the favorites to win, without him they're about on the same level as the other contenders.
well with odom gone the bench gets worse

and what if bynum goes down again or what if bynum plays like he did during the playoffs

ZeN
07-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Mitch should wait and see if Odom still doesn't accept and try and do a S&T. Hinrich?

It wouldnt be the worst thing to happen.. the Lakers need something different at the pg postition.. and a big guard who can defend would be nice..

Bodhi
07-13-2009, 11:03 PM
well with odom gone the bench gets worse

and what if bynum goes down again or what if bynum plays like he did during the playoffs

Well yeah that would take us out of the running, but the Celtics, Spurs, and Cavs all have key players that are at risk of getting injured.

Brujesino
07-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Well yeah that would take us out of the running, but the Celtics, Spurs, and Cavs all have key players that are at risk of getting injured.
but bynum specifaclly(only cuz how much hes been injured or plays inconsistent)

obviously injurys can happen at any time and destroy a teams chance at winning the title

if odom is gone bynum needs to pick it up alot

Ahab
07-13-2009, 11:06 PM
well that sucks, here's hoping this is just misinformation and not reality, we won't repeat without odom.

beasted86
07-13-2009, 11:07 PM
It amazes me sometimes how $1M can be a deal breaker in a winning team scenario.

For the organization... what's really $1M per year to a player you really need.
And for the player.... consider what it will cost to buy a new house & relocate, and also the headache of learning a new system, adapting to new personalities, etc...

Bodhi
07-13-2009, 11:10 PM
I agree that it does put the Lakers at risk to rely on Bynum not getting injured. But say for the Spurs if Gin

ZeN
07-13-2009, 11:11 PM
I wonder, If things dont pan out with Odom.. will the Laker seek out an additional player? Or just roll with the current roster?:confusedshrug:

D-Rose
07-13-2009, 11:13 PM
It amazes me sometimes how $1M can be a deal breaker in a winning team scenario.

And for the player.... consider what it will cost to buy a new house & relocate, and also the headache of learning a new system, adapting to new personalities, etc...
Why should the Lakers pay 10 million/yr (20 mill with luxury tax) for a guy that will come off the bench? The Lakers are already loaded, this is like the icing on the cake, makes it sweeter but it's not the foundation.

ZeN
07-13-2009, 11:13 PM

Every mil is equal to two when your over the cap. If they pay him 10 instead of 8, that would mean paying 4 million more... since they will be paying a dollar for dollar tax..

oh the horror
07-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I wonder, If things dont pan out with Odom.. will the Laker seek out an additional player? Or just roll with the current roster?:confusedshrug:

They'd HAVE to see another player, i dont see them without Odom or at least someone to fortify the bench being as strong as this year.

beasted86
07-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Every mil is equal to two when your over the cap. If they pay him 10 instead of 8, that would mean paying 4 million more... since they will be paying a dollar for dollar tax..
Fully aware of that already. Still think $2-4M for a critical piece should be sacrificed.

It would have made more sense to just let Shannon's $2M go... and keep Odom, than Keep Shannon, and let Odom go because of a $2M discrepancy.

97 bulls
07-13-2009, 11:19 PM

but its not 1 mill for odom. it really about 5 mill. that what odom is losing. maybe even 6 or 7. and like i said earlier why should he have to pay guys like vuachic or walton or shannon brown or bynum. cuz in essence thats what being asked to do. look at it this way. im sure we all work would you like it if your boss came to you and said we need you to take a little less money even thougfh overall your doing a good job, work extra hours do the dirty work etc. how would you feel? i believe he feel underappreciated.

gts
07-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Every mil is equal to two when your over the cap. If they pay him 10 instead of 8, that would mean paying 4 million more... since they will be paying a dollar for dollar tax..that 2 million is probably not the deal breaker.. odom is probably looking for 6 years or something like that.. it's probably something else. an option clause or something that is keeping this from getting done

D-Rose
07-13-2009, 11:21 PM
If Odom got like a 5 year deal, you'd essentially be paying 20 mill for 34 yr old Odom....

DKLaker
07-13-2009, 11:22 PM

Please NO Hinrich!!!!!!!!!!!!

1~Gibson~1
07-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Go to Portland or OKC Lamar!!!!!!! :banana:

beasted86
07-13-2009, 11:23 PM
but its not 1 mill for odom. it really about 5 mill. that what odom is losing. maybe even 6 or 7. and like i said earlier why should he have to pay guys like vuachic or walton or shannon brown or bynum. cuz in essence thats what being asked to do. look at it this way. im sure we all work would you like it if your boss came to you and said we need you to take a little less money even thougfh overall your doing a good job, work extra hours do the dirty work etc. how would you feel? i believe he feel underappreciated.
That's not how I look at it at all.

Being that Odom is a critical piece, and has been with the Lakers this long... the way I look at it is me being a supervisor, and the head manager coming to me and saying, "hey, I know you should be getting a raise, but we just hired this guy making minimum wage"

Because they shouldn't have signed Brown for $2M if that same $2M discrepancy is now coming back to bite them.

97 bulls
07-13-2009, 11:30 PM
That's not how I look at it at all.

Being that Odom is a critical piece, and has been with the Lakers this long... the way I look at it is me being a supervisor, and the head manager coming to me and saying, "hey, I know you should be getting a raise, but we just hired this guy making minimum wage"

Because they shouldn't have signed Brown for $2M if that same $2M discrepancy is now coming back to bite them.
but they didnt just hire any of those guys and all got raises. and dont do nearly as much as odom. except for bynum.

bagelred
07-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Cuban "Well, Mr. Odom, we're very excited about making you an offer."

Odom "Really? What a relief. I was beginning to think no one wanted me".

Cuban "Nonsense. We really need a promising big man. I see a big future for you here in Dallas, Greg."

Odom "That's just....wait, my name is Lamar."

Cuban "Huh? Greg....Greg Odom right?"

Odom "No, no....that's Greg ODEN....I'm Lamar ODOM".

Cuban "Oooooooooooooooooo................."

........long pause..............

Cuban "Ouch.......this is awkward........"

hawkfan
07-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Trade Scenario:

LA gets

Josh Howard (expirer)

Dallas gets

Lamar Odom (5 years, $47.5 million)

D-Rose
07-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Trade Scenario:

LA gets

Josh Howard (expirer)

Dallas gets

Lamar Odom (5 years, $47.5 million)
SMH

Odom still hopeful (http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2009/07/odom-appears-says-hes-still-ho.html)

The negotiations between Lamar Odom's agent and the Lakers took a turn for the worse Monday afternoon, but it didn't stop Odom from attending a celebration at the Nokia Theater for the release of the Lakers championship DVD.

Odom was about an hour and a half late, but said he wanted to attend to because ``These are my brothers. We have a whole DVD about our season, it just seems surreal. You don't ever know when or how or if you're going to experience this again.''

It's hard to say if it was the traffic on the way to downtown L.A. that was causing the change in mood, but it Odom certainly didn't seem as calm or cool as he normally does.

Absolutely no one expected the negotiations to take this long and while he clearly wants to return to the Lakers, it was clear the process has worn on him.

``It's business, you know what I'm saying,'' he said. ``It takes a little bit of the fun out of the game, but it's part of it.''

Asked whether he felt at all unloved or unappreciated by the Lakers, Odom paused and said, ``Ummm, it's just the way it is. It'll pay off.''

He did however acknowledge a bit of disappointment the negotiations haven't gone as well as he'd hoped.

``It's crazy because if you think about my career and playing basketball and somebody trying to do all the things to help a team win a championship, I felt like I've done that you know,'' he said. ``But it'll pay off. It'll pay off.''

Odom said he'd been laying low since the season ended and had made a point of not negotiating through the media because it was his intention to return to the Lakers and he didn't want to influence the process taking place between his agent and the Lakers.

CantStop
07-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Odom said he's still ``hopeful'' he'll be back with the Lakers.

Odom: ``It's business. It takes a little bit of the fun out of the game, but it's part of it.

Odom: ``That's how negotiations are. Sometimes you're right on the same page and sometiems you're way off, that's just part of it.

Odom says he doesn't regret coming off the bench last season. ``We won a title,'' he said, pointing to the TV screen showing highlights.

I hope he comes back. What's with these dudes thinking they are hot sh!t knowing damn well Kobe made their careers? Ariza was one failed team away from playing in the Euroleague and Odom was 1 strike away from getting expelled. I see you Smush Parker!

gts
07-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Trade Scenario:

LA gets

Josh Howard (expirer)

Dallas gets

Lamar Odom (5 years, $47.5 million)stop...lol

why would the lakers sign and trade odom for josh howard, the guy is making 10.9 million... they may as well just give odom 10.9

do people think anymore?

waits for hawk fan to point out it's an expiring contract and completly miss the fact odom's has expired.

BallersTalk
07-14-2009, 12:07 AM
If Kobe had taken that paycut....

branslowski
07-14-2009, 12:12 AM

If your mom had taken that Abortion plan....

CantStop
07-14-2009, 12:12 AM

He didn't even sign the extension you moron. :oldlol:

rezznor
07-14-2009, 12:13 AM
does odom and ariza share an agent?

chitownsfinest
07-14-2009, 12:13 AM
The big extension you are talking about doesn't kick in until after 2-3 yrs I believe so it isn't effecting the Lakers financially right now.

TheGreatDeraj
07-14-2009, 12:14 AM
maybe a S&T of Odom/filler for Kirk and Noah?

If Lamar has to leave LA, I'd love for us to get those two.

Big#50
07-14-2009, 12:14 AM
I hope he comes back. What's with these dudes thinking they are hot sh!t knowing damn well Kobe made their careers? Ariza was one failed team away from playing in the Euroleague and Odom was 1 strike away from getting expelled. I see you Smush Parker!
Odom and Ariza stepped up. Kobe didn't play that well in the finals. Besides good stats, Kobe was not good in the closing minutes of 4 of the games.

veilside23
07-14-2009, 12:15 AM
wade needs you odom :D

ZeN
07-14-2009, 12:16 AM

:applause:

ZeN
07-14-2009, 12:19 AM
stop...lol

why would the lakers sign and trade odom for josh howard, the guy is making 10.9 million... they may as well just give odom 10.9

do people think anymore?

waits for hawk fan to point out it's an expiring contract and completly miss the fact odom's has expired.

well you have to take notice that it is hawkfan :oldlol:

Twiens
07-14-2009, 12:21 AM

I'd do that in a second, Chicago wouldn't give up both for Lamar though would they?

ZeN
07-14-2009, 12:25 AM
I'd do that in a second, Chicago wouldn't give up both for Lamar though would they?

heres hoping for a lapse in judgement :oldlol:

Rashard
07-14-2009, 12:27 AM
heres hoping for a lapse in judgement :oldlol:

I doubt they give up Noah, but they just might do Hinrich/Thomas for Odom.

kraze94
07-14-2009, 12:31 AM
does odom and ariza share an agent?

No they dont.

Ariza's agent is David Lee and LO is represented by Jeff Shwartz

cotdt
07-14-2009, 12:33 AM
No they dont.

Ariza's agent is David Lee and LO is represented by Jeff Shwartz

this lee guy and shwartz guy must be twins

hawkfan
07-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Trade Scenario:

Miami gets

Lamar Odom

LA gets

Michael Beasley
Dorrell Wright

hawkfan
07-14-2009, 12:37 AM
stop...lol

do people think anymore?

LA doesn't really have a problem paying Odom over the next few years, it is just in the last two years when he is older that they have a problem.

Howard expires after next season, so if he is not any good, they can simply let him go or trade him.

CantStop
07-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Trade Scenario:

Miami gets

Lamar Odom

LA gets

Michael Beasley
Dorrell Wright

Heat are gonna give up their 2nd pick for Odom? :oldlol:

hawkfan
07-14-2009, 12:38 AM
BTW if Odom goes, that means more playing time for Adam Morrison.

TheGreatDeraj
07-14-2009, 12:38 AM

Probably not, it's just wishful thinking. I've wanted Kirk and Noah to be lakers since they were drafted. Maybe if LA paired Odom with either Fisher/Vujacic/Brown/Morrison/Powell/farmar/one of our future draft picks or rookies.

Any Bulls fans have any insight on what the Bulls might be willing to trade for?

hawkfan
07-14-2009, 12:39 AM
Heat are gonna give up their 2nd pick for Odom? :oldlol:

They were willing to deal Beasley this summer.

Trade Scenario:

Atlanta gets

Michael Beasley

Miami gets

Marvin Williams

Both were the second picks in their respective drafts.

raptorfan_dr07
07-14-2009, 01:00 AM

Are you really that stupid? Lamar Odom was a damn good player long before he ever came to LA. Maybe Dwyane Wade should get credit for turning Odom around since his year in Miami was his first non problem season in the NBA, by your logic. I really can't believe the low IQ level of this board. :rolleyes:

nevetslc88
07-14-2009, 01:03 AM

uh no it doesn't Lamar Odom never plays Small Forward only Power Forward.

All Net
07-14-2009, 01:30 AM
Odom when it's all and said and done will be a Laker

Nobody else is going to offer the kind of money that L.A can...I think the wrong turn is down to the amount of years.

BlazersDozen
07-14-2009, 01:33 AM
The Lakers arn't going to pay Lamar Odom essentially $17 million a year for three to five years.

They had to choose between Odom and Ariza...they picked neither and signed Ron Artest instead.

Just admit he's gone Laker fans.

All Net
07-14-2009, 01:36 AM
The Lakers arn't going to pay Lamar Odom essentially $17 million a year for three to five years.

They had to choose between Odom and Ariza...they picked neither and signed Ron Artest instead.

Just admit he's gone Laker fans.

17 million a year? :oldlol: since when is Odom demanding that?

Odom isn't going anywhere but L.A...It's taking a long time but if all else fails Odom will take a 1 year deal and test the market next summer.

magnax1
07-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Dang, that might just kill the lakers title hopes. THis is amazing!!!!!!

iggy>
07-14-2009, 01:39 AM
They were willing to deal Beasley this summer.

Trade Scenario:

Atlanta gets

Michael Beasley

Miami gets

Marvin Williams

Both were the second picks in their respective drafts.
die

BlazersDozen
07-14-2009, 01:42 AM
17 million a year? :oldlol: since when is Odom demanding that?

Odom isn't going anywhere but L.A...It's taking a long time but if all else fails Odom will take a 1 year deal and test the market next summer.

17 mill if you factor in the luxury tax.

Thom.Yorke
07-14-2009, 01:43 AM
just do a 3 year deal.

Lamar just take the damn deal already! the economy isn't getting any better and you're not getting any younger.

TMT
07-14-2009, 01:54 AM
This particular signing does have a major effect on the Western Conference itself. Without him, the Lakers are still good, but it opens the door for other teams in the West.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-14-2009, 01:55 AM
if they lakers don't resign him there is no way they should be looked at as the favorites this year. They basically got a year older, less hungry ( natural if you have already achieve a feat), basicall Artest for Ariza, and Odom.

AJ2k8
07-14-2009, 02:06 AM
Mitch got us this team, now I'm sure he'll find a way to keep it competitive with or without Lamar...

amfirst
07-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Lets be real, I don't see anyone offering 10 mil for Odom. In the end Odom will be a Lakers.

amfirst
07-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Trade Scenario:

Miami gets

Lamar Odom

LA gets

Michael Beasley
Dorrell Wright

I would do that... Beasley is a stud...

Torious
07-14-2009, 02:22 AM
I seriously hope Kobe chokes on his "That

flipogb
07-14-2009, 02:31 AM
LO will not get the 10 million that he wants ( by that I mean a contract that starts at 10, not something at 9 like what the Blazers can offer) unless a sign and trade is done, if not then he might as well take the 8

so Im confident that we either keep LO or get some good pieces for him

bdreason
07-14-2009, 02:34 AM
Blazers are going to steal Odom, I hope.

LA_Showtime
07-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Very disappointing. Lamar Odom's my favorite player on the Lakers and IMO he's the heart and soul of the team. He's well liked by everyone and he keeps the team sane.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

LA_Showtime
07-14-2009, 02:43 AM
http://www.ocregister.com/video/index.php?bcpid=1127694947&bclid=1127690720&bctid=29367490001

Get it done Mitch!

LA_Showtime
07-14-2009, 02:52 AM
I'd put it at 35-65 that Lamar Odom returns to the Lakers. It sounds like he wants to stay optimistic, but he's coming to grips that he won't get the type of money he wants in LA.

For selfish reasons, I want Lamar in LA. He's my favorite player on the team. He's the heart and soul of the team.

Even without him, the Lakers are still a championship caliber team. If Bynum stays healthy next season then chances are Lamar Odom wouldn't see as much PT anyways.

TryToBeUnbias
07-14-2009, 02:58 AM
I'd put it at 35-65 that Lamar Odom returns to the Lakers. It sounds like he wants to stay optimistic, but he's coming to grips that he won't get the type of money he wants in LA.

For selfish reasons, I want Lamar in LA. He's my favorite player on the team. He's the heart and soul of the team.

Even without him, the Lakers are still a championship caliber team. If Bynum stays healthy next season then chances are Lamar Odom wouldn't see as much PT anyways.
huh? he would still be coming in with the bench mob with either gasol or bynum at the C spot..chances are powell wouldnt see much pt

Edit: i didnt read the "as much" part

LA_Showtime
07-14-2009, 03:01 AM
huh? he would still be coming in with the bench mob with either gasol or bynum at the C spot..chances are powell wouldnt see much pt

Edit: i didnt read the "as much" part

Unless Lamar Odom moved over to point guard, then either he or Andrew Bynum would be dissatisfied with their role on the team. One of them would be sitting out with 8 minutes to go in the 4th. One thing I really hated about last season was that 1 of our 4 best players was always on the bench (it was true when Andrew Bynum was healthy).

TryToBeUnbias
07-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Unless Lamar Odom moved over to point guard, then either he or Andrew Bynum would be dissatisfied with their role on the team. One of them would be sitting out with 8 minutes to go in the 4th. One thing I really hated about last season was that 1 of our 4 best players was always on the bench (it was true when Andrew Bynum was healthy).
yes i kno what you mean..the decision to either play odom or bynum in the 4th would have to be addressed eventually and i dont see who wins in that situation..if we lose L.O. who is going to produce off the bench is the real question im starting to ask myself...our bench really regressed last season from the one before.

LA_Showtime
07-14-2009, 03:21 AM
What I don't understand is that usually when a player declines an 8.5 (or whatever) million dollar offer it's because another team can and WILL offer them more money. What team besides LA will offer him more than the mid level exception? OKC is in a rebuilding mode. The Blazers make the most sense, but they signed Millsap to an offer sheet and their biggest needs are PG and SF. On NBA TV, David Aldridge mentioned that the Mavericks have talked to Lamar Odom. I suppose a S&T could be worked out between both teams but I don't know who the Lakers would want.

mamba24
07-14-2009, 03:58 AM
lol S&T with the mavs? dunno who we would want...i'd go for a S&T with chicago...hinrich for odom...

solidify our defense...we will still have bench pieces that can get the job done...we may suffer as possibly the 3rd or 4th best bench among contenders but our starting 5 would be the best defensive lineup..

Hinrich, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Bynum.....ooo that sounds killer....go on you ingrate...you want 10 mill...go to chicago.

hotsizzle
07-14-2009, 04:08 AM
We HAVE to re-sign Odom. Trading Ariza/Odom for Artest plus all the other contenders getting much better is not a good offseason. Odom gives us an incredible advantage on the bench. Bynum's foul troubles never get us in trouble because we just go with the Odom/Pau combo. Plus, Odom/Pau combo works best when the game is tight down the stretch. Lamar is incredibly important to this team...

White Mamba
07-14-2009, 04:22 AM
We HAVE to re-sign Odom. Trading Ariza/Odom for Artest plus all the other contenders getting much better is not a good offseason. Odom gives us an incredible advantage on the bench. Bynum's foul troubles never get us in trouble because we just go with the Odom/Pau combo. Plus, Odom/Pau combo works best when the game is tight down the stretch. Lamar is incredibly important to this team...:applause:

El Kabong
07-14-2009, 04:28 AM
You make that sound like a good thing.

brandonislegend
07-14-2009, 04:29 AM
S&T to chicago for derrick rose

please
:D

Kiddlovesnets
07-14-2009, 04:44 AM
The Lakers are done, not a top 5 team in the league anymore.

Brunch@Five
07-14-2009, 05:01 AM
People need to stop doubling Odom's salary because of the luxury tax. The tax spreads out on each player. Just because his salary is what puts them over the top doesn't mean it's responsible. The problem wouldn't be $10 million for Odom, it would be the full MLE contracts of Walton and Vujacic.
It's not Odom's fault LA gave those two awful contracts.
On the other hand, LA is offering Odom what he's worth, or at least worth to them. He's a bench player

AJ2k8
07-14-2009, 05:22 AM
Hmm i have to agree, Manu>Wade aswell right?

Lamar Doom
07-14-2009, 05:44 AM
this is bullsh*t. i'll be furious if they don't re-sign Odom. he made 14+ mil last year. 10 mil for Odom is a steal. get it done fellas.

momo
07-14-2009, 05:52 AM
:roll:

this is bullsh*t. i'll be furious if they don't re-sign Odom...

Likewise, I will be pissed.

step_back
07-14-2009, 06:48 AM
I doubt they give up Noah, but they just might do Hinrich/Thomas for Odom.

:lol

poido123
07-14-2009, 06:50 AM
I can feel the sweat running from the faces of Lakers fans, it's made my day! :lol

Melissa
07-14-2009, 06:54 AM
You could just get the feeling things weren't going well, hence the two weeks of silence. Enjoy Portland Lamar

El Kabong
07-14-2009, 07:01 AM
You could just get the feeling things weren't going well, hence the two weeks of silence. Enjoy Portland Lamar
And can Portland afford him if Utah doesn't match on Milsap? Utah will drag it out until the final day so if anyone else wants him, I guess they've got time to pounce.

BFRESH44
07-14-2009, 08:51 AM
So Word going around is that Pat Riley has been trying to sweetalk LO into coming back to Miami. :pimp:

LA.MJ&KB#1
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM
^^I agree LO would love to return back to the Heat were he feels loved but, there one problem LO is not going to take much of a pay-cut..

People also needs to stop thinking LO made 14 mil last season from the lakers and why are (Lakers) just offering him 8mil like its a big pay-cut on the lakers part.

Lakers only paid LO around 11 mil last year the additional 3mil came in the Shaq trade from the Heat. So, with the ecom down and LO coming off the bench and getting older 8-9 mil is a fair offer..

As a fan I'm cool with or without LO totally trust Mitch....

lilgodfather1
07-14-2009, 10:44 AM
I really hope he signs elsewere because of the screw job the Lakers are trying to put on him.

All Net
07-14-2009, 10:48 AM
I really hope he signs elsewere because of the screw job the Lakers are trying to put on him.

What screw job?

Lakers are offering him 8 mill and reports suggest the offer is closer to 9 mill. The Lakers offer is more than fair.

Odom isn't going to take less money, he will sign back with L.A just remains to be seen for how much and how many years.

DuMa
07-14-2009, 10:51 AM
LO to the heat would be fun to watch again.

1~Gibson~1
07-14-2009, 10:53 AM
lmao yea and J-Kidd still love the Nets right? :oldlol:

MMM
07-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Apparently LA is offering him 3 years 9 mil id that is the case the only thing holding this up is the lenght of the contract.

beasted86
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Trade Scenario:

Miami gets

Lamar Odom

LA gets

Michael Beasley
Dorrell Wright
die

boozehound
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
What screw job?

Lakers are offering him 8 mill and reports suggest the offer is closer to 9 mill. The Lakers offer is more than fair.

Odom isn't going to take less money, he will sign back with L.A just remains to be seen for how much and how many years.
as others have said, sounds like he wants a longer contract. probably his last big contract.

lilgodfather1
07-14-2009, 12:00 PM
What screw job?

They are lowballing him that is the screw job. Odom is worth 12 million this season, and the contract should be at a 5% decrease from there for four years instead of an increase. The second year would be at 11.4 million, then at 10.9 million, and keep going from there.

All Net
07-14-2009, 12:12 PM
They are lowballing him that is the screw job. Odom is worth 12 million this season, and the contract should be at a 5% decrease from there for four years instead of an increase. The second year would be at 11.4 million, then at 10.9 million, and keep going from there.

You are the only one who would honestly give Odom 12 mill a season. He is certainly not worth that. Honestly what player would agree to a decrease as the years go on? not many...

lilgodfather1
07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
You are the only one who would honestly give Odom 12 mill a season. He is certainly not worth that. Honestly what player would agree to a decrease as the years go on? not many...
He may not be worth that to certain teams but to the Lakers he should be. Without him they will become significantly worse off then they were this past season. Sure Artest is good, but losing ariza and Odom is a bigger loss than what they gained.

boozehound
07-14-2009, 12:18 PM
it actually happens somewhat frequently. Thats how both ben wallace and hinrichs contracts were structured.

niko
07-14-2009, 12:18 PM
He'd need another team to sign him to leave LA. There is no one making an offer. So, exactly why is everyone so sure he is leaving?

This is all posturing, it gets done.

Brunch@Five
07-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Odom IS important to the Lakers as he allows them to go relatively small with him at PF. But he's not worth $12 million, because he's an inconsitent bench player/6th man.

BlazersDozen
07-14-2009, 12:43 PM
He'd need another team to sign him to leave LA. There is no one making an offer. So, exactly why is everyone so sure he is leaving?

This is all posturing, it gets done.

He's not restricted thus, if nobody signs him then he plays nowhere.

Not sure how you think NBA Free Agency works but if a player doesn't sign elsewhere and doesn't have a valid contract with a team then they don't just return to the team they last played for unless they are a restricted free agent.

LakersLaLaLand
07-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Kupchak was on the radio a few days back and he sounded absolutely pessimistic.

:eek:

Torious
07-14-2009, 12:55 PM

He may have been worth 12 if it wasn't for the whole economical crisis and salary cap scare thingy (you may have heard). As it stands owners are tightening their purses and players signing contracts this and possibly the next one or two years will have to suck it up or find another job that pays them millions. :confusedshrug:

Besides the idea behind a front loaded contract is to pay off big chunks of the overal salary early when you're under the luxury tax anyway, it's absolutely ridiculous to propose a front loaded contract when you know for a fact that you'll have to pay 2 for 1.

barbaroi
07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
He's not restricted thus, if nobody signs him then he plays nowhere.

Not sure how you think NBA Free Agency works but if a player doesn't sign elsewhere and doesn't have a valid contract with a team then they don't just return to the team they last played for unless they are a restricted free agent.
He clearly meant that if no one else offers LO something, then he will be forced to accept the Lakers offer to continue playing.

BlazersDozen
07-14-2009, 01:27 PM
And to think that no one has offered anything is dumb because then the Lakers wouldn't be coming out and saying things like this and they would be bargaining against themselves.

BFRESH44
07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Let's go L.O....Sign that MLE, stick it to them fools. :pimp:

http://i30.tinypic.com/fx5de1.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/heat-hornets040418.jpg

ConanRulesNBC
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I could still see the Lakers repeating without Odom but Odom just helps that much more. Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Odom and Bynum... no one is beating that team.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-14-2009, 02:08 PM
S&T is the option they are exploring. That would require the Lakers willingness.
Lakers would ONLY be willing IF: a) it brought back a player who will be meaningful and b) also involved movement of a bad contract or unwanted player.

may I suggest Odom & Morrison for Chris Bosh?

ProfessorMurder
07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
may I suggest Odom & Morrison for Chris Bosh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No way in hell would that happen.

D-Rose
07-14-2009, 02:20 PM
He seemed optimistic in that interview last night, I read the difference between LO and the Lakers is years, not $.

Torious
07-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Let's go L.O....Sign that MLE, stick it to them fools. :pimp:

http://i30.tinypic.com/fx5de1.jpg

Two of my all time favourite Lakers in a Heat team picture, WTF! :cheers:

All Net
07-14-2009, 02:54 PM
He seemed optimistic in that interview last night, I read the difference between LO and the Lakers is years, not $.

Bingo

I think Lamar wants a 4 or 5 year deal while Buss is only willing to give him 3.

justin43
07-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Bingo

I think Lamar wants a 4 or 5 year deal while Buss is only willing to give him 3.

I hope that is the case.:(

LA_Showtime
07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Bingo

There was an article about Lamar Odom talking about his contract expiring last season. He said something about wanting a LONG TERM deal and that he'd be willing to take a paycut. He definitely wants 4-6 years & and it sounds like Buss is willing to give 3.

Brunch@Five
07-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Odom is only 29. Giving him a 5 year deal should not really be a problem

BlazersDozen
07-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I think the problem should be the money with the Lakers. They are over the luxury I believe so they will really be paying double for Lamar.

nevetslc88
07-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Lamar Odom to Miami for

Michael Beasley
2009/10: $4,638,600

2010/11: $4,962,240 Team Option

2011/12: $6,262,347 Team Option

2012/13: $8,172,362 Qualifying Offer

and

Mark Blount
2009/10: $7,962,500

D-Rose
07-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Lamar Odom to Miami for

Michael Beasley
2009/10: $4,638,600

2010/11: $4,962,240 Team Option

2011/12: $6,262,347 Team Option

2012/13: $8,172,362 Qualifying Offer

and

Mark Blount
2009/10: $7,962,500

Miami fans, would you actually give up Beasley for Odom? I'd do that for LA, good move for the future.

LA_Showtime
07-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Miami is under the salary cap right? Would Lamar Odom for Beasley work straight up/?

nevetslc88
07-14-2009, 04:37 PM
No they don't have cap space so it wouldn't work that way LA_Showtime.

SourGrapes
07-14-2009, 04:38 PM
I think the problem should be the money with the Lakers. They are over the luxury I believe so they will really be paying double for Lamar.

total dollars isn't a problem for jerry buss if the player is playing well. what they want to avoid is a contract that extends into useless years

D-Rose
07-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Last week, I wrote that it was time for the Lakers to step up and make Lamar Odom a reasonable, respectful offer.

Now that they have, apparently offering L.O. more than $9 million a year for at least three years, it's now time for Lamar's agent to wake up.

Yes, wake up, Jeff Schwartz. In Miami or Memphis, Lamar Odom is irrelevant, a face in the crowd, part of the passing parade.

With the Lakers, he's a rock star, an important championship piece and a player revered by the city. In other words, an athlete who absolutely matters.

So listen up, Mr. Schwartz, and jot this down on your 8-by-10 pad:

Something approaching, say, $28 million for three years is good money. Actually, it's great money for a guy who is important to the Lakers, true, but who is never going to be better than the third or even fourth option and who, additionally, is probably going to be asked to come off of the bench.

What's more, the Lakers' offer would make Lamar the highest paid sixth man in the league. Wait, let me write that with an exclamation point. Highest paid sixth man in the league! Not even Manu Ginobili of the Spurs, a true all-star, makes more. Ginobili gets $8.67 million on a six-year deal he signed several seasons back.

More per year than Manu Ginobili? I'd say that's a VERY fair offer, Mr. Schwartz.

For a few more million that Lamar is never going to be able to spend in three lifetimes if he is smart and prudent, what are you going to do, Jeff Schwartz, exile him to Miami?

Do you realize how close that is to the Bermuda Triangle, where people have been known to disappear?

Your job, Mr. Schwartz, is to help expedite getting a good salary for Lamar, and that you appear to have accomplished. Job well done.

But don't get greedy and blow the deal. Don't make this a pointless and macho mano a mano negotiation, in which the sins of ego and vanity take over, pushing the Lakers to the point where an owner with a virtually impeccable track record, such as Jerry Buss, pulls it off the table.

This isn't serving the interests of Lamar Odom. This is attempting to increase the size of your commission check. This, Mr. Schwartz, would be abject greed and stupidity.

This applies to you, Mr. Schwartz and to every other agent out there: Take your sizable cut; congratulate your client on making the smart, thoughtful, bigger-picture decision; and be thankful you don't actually have to work for a living.

And Lamar, oh lovable Laker of the cool Sgt. Pepper jackets: Pull your head out of the sand and take control of what your agent is doing. Don't just sit home and tell the newspapers that money is a "touchy subject" Trust your agent, you hired him, but not implicitly. Make sure he isn't so stubborn and hardheaded that he writes you a one-way ticket out of town.

If there's one thing you should have learned by now, L.O., it's that the only ones you can really trust in any of this Laker business are Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol in the fourth quarter.

-- Ted Green

over 9 mill for 3 years...add a 4th year and 5th team option...get it done Buss

KB24
07-14-2009, 05:05 PM
If Odom wants more money and LA doesnt want to go over the cap, why not just offer a longer contract that increases pay over time? Throw in a player option after a few years as icing on the cake? Win-win for both

bladefd
07-14-2009, 05:14 PM
If Odom wants more money and LA doesnt want to go over the cap, why not just offer a longer contract that increases pay over time? Throw in a player option after a few years as icing on the cake? Win-win for both

They are already way past the cap. I believe they already are in the luxury tax threshold area (which is a lot past the actual cap-limit). Lakers do not want to give Odom such a long contract, and I do not blame them. Odom is nothing more than a role-player so I do not see why would he expect to get a contract for 5-6 years. Lakers made a mistake with giving Walton such a long contract a few years back so they want to avoid this from happening again for future signings. Lakers should perhaps put in a team-option after 3 years into the contract to make it as reasonable as possible..

I hate guaranteed contracts in the NBA - this is where all these problems stem up. NFL's non-guaranteed contracts are so much better if you think about it. Players have to actually work their asses off every year so they don't get cut..

Torious
07-14-2009, 06:02 PM
:roll:

Cap: ~57.7 mil
Tax: ~70.0 mil

Lakers salary WITHOUT Odom: ~84 mil

Add another 9 mil for Odom to that and the fact that the cap will likely shrink even further next year... well you probably get the idea.

JustSaying
07-14-2009, 06:04 PM
over 9 mill for 3 years...add a 4th year and 5th team option...get it done Buss
Methinks Odom will be happy if offered a 5-yr/42M contract... 4th year being a player-option and the 5th year a team-option.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Methinks Odom will be happy if offered a 5-yr/42M contract... 4th year being a player-option and the 5th year a team-option.

yup. thats it right there.

CantStop
07-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Get this ungrateful punk off the roster please.

BlazersDozen
07-14-2009, 06:31 PM
This is the same reason Roy won't sign

The Blazers are offering four years of max money but he wants a player option for the fifth year.

cotdt
07-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Get this ungrateful punk off the roster please.

Agreed. The Lakers should give Odom a 1-week deadline and after that, take the option off the table and offer it to a player that actually wants to play for the Lakers (like through a trade deal). Jerry Buss has a reputation for no-bullsh*t. The Lakers ALWAYS has other options.

BlazersDozen
07-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Matt Barnes would be a good stop gap replacement of Lamar Odom.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Matt Barnes would be a good stop gap replacement of Lamar Odom.

no cap room. I don't think we even have the Vets Minimum (may be mistaken).

RoTM
07-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Sign and trade Odom and Bynum for Amare and Barbosa or suns sign Andre Miller for the Mle and trade him and Amare. Lakers move Gasol to Center start Amare at PF or vice versa win win for both teams.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Sign and trade Odom and Bynum for Amare and Barbosa or suns sign Andre Miller for the Mle and trade him and Amare. Lakers move Gasol to Center start Amare at PF or vice versa win win for both teams.

no thanks. maybe Odom and Morrison for Amare.
but we ain't giving up Bynum that easily.

RoTM
07-14-2009, 07:12 PM
no thanks. maybe Odom and Morrison for Amare.
but we ain't giving up Bynum that easily.

Bynum and Gasol are redundant if you add a star forward who has range and size, Bynum is the weakest link and suns need a franchise center Lakers need a point. Barbosa isnt ideal but his poor assisting isnt such a problem in LA's system perhaps an extra piece is warranted but Bynum is generally overvalued.

BlazersDozen
07-14-2009, 07:15 PM
no cap room. I don't think we even have the Vets Minimum (may be mistaken).

He signed with the Suns for the min...

Maybe he'll do it again if it means a ring?

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Bynum and Gasol are redundant if you add a star forward who has range and size, Bynum is the weakest link and suns need a franchise center Lakers need a point Barbosa isnt ideal but his poor assisting isnt such a problem in LA's system perhaps an extra piece is warranted but Bynum is generally overvalued.

agreed he is over valued, but nontheless highly regarded. They could probably get Amare straight-up for Bynum + filler. If not Amare, then another stud. Lakers don't really need any more guards.
they need to move Morrison's contract.

Kiddlovesnets
07-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Without Odom, the Lakers are just a 1st/2nd round team at best. Here is my prediction for the Western Conference standing next season:

1. San Antonio Spurs 63-19 (defeat LA Clippers 4-1, LA Lakers 4-2, Denver Nuggets 4-3, lose to Boston Celtics 3-4)
2. Denver Nuggets 57-25 (defeat New Orleans Hornets 4-2, Dallas Mavericks 4-2, lose to San Antonio Spurs 3-4)
3. Dallas Mavericks 56-26 (defeat Utah Jazz 4-1, lose to Denver Nuggets 2-4)
4. Los Angeles Lakers 52-30 (defeat Portland Trailblazers 4-3, lose to San Antonio Spurs 2-4)
5. Portland Trailblazers 51-31 (lose to LA. Lakers 3-4)
6. Utah Jazz 48-34 (lose to Dallas Mavericks 1-4)
7. New Orleans Hornets 45-37 (lose to Denver Nuggets 2-4)
8. Los Angles Clippers 44-38 (lose to San Antonio Spurs 1-4)

The Lakers will hold off a close series against the Blazers, winning the series 4-3. However, they will suffer from at least two blow-out losses to the Spurs and lose the series within 6 games. I can foresee a Celtics-Spurs seven games NBA finals match-up next year.

SourGrapes
07-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Without Odom, the Lakers are just a 1st/2nd round team at best. Here is my prediction for the Western Conference standing next season:

1. San Antonio Spurs 63-19 (defeat LA Clippers 4-1, LA Lakers 4-2, Denver Nuggets 4-3, lose to Boston Celtics 3-4)
2. Denver Nuggets 57-25 (defeat New Orleans Hornets 4-2, Dallas Mavericks 4-2, lose to San Antonio Spurs 3-4)
3. Dallas Mavericks 56-26 (defeat Utah Jazz 4-1, lose to Denver Nuggets 2-4)
4. Los Angeles Lakers 52-30 (defeat Portland Trailblazers 4-3, lose to San Antonio Spurs 2-4)
5. Portland Trailblazers 51-31 (lose to LA. Lakers 3-4)
6. Utah Jazz 48-34 (lose to Dallas Mavericks 1-4)
7. New Orleans Hornets 45-37 (lose to Denver Nuggets 2-4)
8. Los Angles Clippers 44-38 (lose to San Antonio Spurs 1-4)

The Lakers will hold off a close series against the Blazers, winning the series 4-3. However, they will suffer from at least two blow-out losses to the Spurs and lose the series within 6 games. I can foresee a Celtics-Spurs seven games NBA finals match-up next year.

how could someone get something so wrong like this?

Kiddlovesnets
07-14-2009, 08:19 PM
how could someone get something so wrong like this?

If possible, I'd showcase my prediction for Eastern Conference within this week.

gts
07-14-2009, 08:19 PM
how could someone get something so wrong like this?it's all he ever does... it's easy for him

All Net
07-14-2009, 08:21 PM
If possible, I'd showcase my prediction for Eastern Conference within this week.

Please don't.

Melissa
07-14-2009, 08:23 PM
It's pretty clear Lamar will not be back. It's been two weeks and absolutely nothing, Lakers chose Bynum over Lamar, idiots.

All Net
07-14-2009, 08:28 PM
It's pretty clear Lamar will not be back. It's been two weeks and absolutely nothing, Lakers chose Bynum over Lamar, idiots.

:wtf:

D-Rose
07-14-2009, 08:29 PM
It's pretty clear somebody doesn't understand how negotiations work.

The only difference right now on Odom and LA is the years, also Odom's agent is waiting out to see if Utah matches and then if Portland tries to get Lamar.

oh the horror
07-14-2009, 08:30 PM

Its pretty clear you have no idea what youre talking about, ever.

All Net
07-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Its pretty clear you have no idea what youre talking about, ever.

Remember It's tough for her to post while washing, cooking and ironing. Her mind is all over the place.

:D

Kiddlovesnets
07-14-2009, 08:36 PM
The prediction for Eastern Conference will be available tomorrow. So please watch out everyone!

lilbeastnani
07-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Odom is pulling what Ben Gordon pulled a couple years back... And it's probably gonna backfire in the same way, possibly even worse taking age into consideration. He's gonna reject the Lakers offer to seek a more lucrative one, see that teams aren't willing to offer him what he wants and then the Lakers after seeing that he's out of options would probably only give him a 1-2 year extension at a lesser price than what they originally offered.

Melissa
07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
:wtf:

If I was Lamar and I was looking at the Lakers payroll and saw Andrew Bynum making 12.5 million dollars next year I'd be a little pissed at a 8 million dollar offer too. Lamar means a lot more to the Lakers then Bynum.

All Net
07-14-2009, 08:40 PM
If I was Lamar and I was looking at the Lakers payroll and saw Andrew Bynum making 12.5 million dollars next year I'd be a little pissed at a 8 million dollar offer too. Lamar means a lot more to the Lakers then Bynum.

No GM's would pick a 29/30 year old over a 21 year old center who is over 7 foot who has great potenial and when healthly has shown flashes of dominating.

D-Rose
07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Again, clearly you don't understand how the NBA works as a business. Lamar's last contract was similar to Bynum's...he's 29, you don't usualy give 50 mill dollar contracts to guys that are almost past their prime and have never made the all-star game...especially when you're in the lux tax

also you're severely misinformed as the lakers have upped their offer to over 9 mill, its years not $

JustinJDW
07-14-2009, 08:49 PM
As a Spurs fan, I am happy to hear this. :D

LA_Showtime
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM

haha i think everyone besides people from la (and the other laker fans) are happy to hear it.

All Net
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM

As you should, as should the rest of the other main contenders.

poido123
07-14-2009, 09:15 PM

Forgetting whatever you just wrote, is that a pic of you Melissa in your Avatar? :eek: I'm curious... :confusedshrug:

Artillery
07-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Sounds like a lot of drama over nothing. Odom will be a Laker next season.

SourGrapes
07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Sounds like a lot of drama over nothing. Odom will be a Laker next season.

agreed

LA_Showtime
07-14-2009, 11:09 PM
http://insidesocal.com/lakers/

Apparently the Lakers took their offer off the table. What does this possibly mean???:wtf:

cotdt
07-14-2009, 11:12 PM
http://insidesocal.com/lakers/2009/0...the-table.html

Apparently the Lakers took their offer off the table. What does this possibly mean???:wtf:

bad link

LA_Showtime
07-14-2009, 11:15 PM
bad link

Fixed

Twiens
07-14-2009, 11:16 PM
1. S&T Lamar for Hinrich

2. Sign Chris Wilcox

Bynum/Wilcox/Mbenga
Gasol/Wilcox/Powell
Artest/Walton
Kobe/Brown/Sasha
Hinrich/Fisher/Farmar

ProfessorMurder
07-14-2009, 11:18 PM
http://insidesocal.com/lakers/

It hopefully means good things for every other team! :hammertime:

D-Rose
07-14-2009, 11:44 PM
I hope that Portland keeps Millsap so that they can't pursue Odom and we can do a S&T for like Beasley/Hinrich or something at the very least.

No Odom/adequate replacement means Boston and/or San Antonio become the favorites.

Would be great to see Bynum step it up though, maybe he'd get more shots and grow with Odom gone?

MBC2K4
07-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Odom's never been the brightest guy going... this is just further proof.

cotdt
07-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Odom's never been the brightest guy going... this is just further proof.

Has he learned anything from the Ariza situation? Lakers will always find a replacement for any player. Even Kobe recently said that he trusts the Lakers management so much that had he gone to the Clippers, he still thinks the Lakers could find a way to win the championship w/o him. This coming from Kobe!

BallPhunk
07-15-2009, 04:01 AM
This thread is filled with two of the dumbest things I see on ISH:

Underrating Lamar Odom

and

Overrating Hinrich

:rolleyes: