PDA

View Full Version : Christian Eyenga; look into his eyes and tell me what you see

PleezeBelieve
07-16-2009, 07:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTew2KzGH94

Is he the new Pip for LeBron??

- elite quickness

- legit 6'5 with 7'2 wingspan

- unconfirmed 42'' vert

- tremendous one and two foot jumper

- very good defender skills

- GREAT explosiveness off the dribble

- has post-up ability

- raw jumper but good technique

- last but certainly not least: CAME THE F*CK OUTTA NOWHERE!!

PleezeBelieve
07-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Honestly, from that vid he should have been a top-5 pick.

TheAnchorman
07-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Because a 1:40 minute long Youtube video clip is what GM's use to gauge an NBA draft prospect in which you're gambling millions of dollars on. GTFO please.

PleezeBelieve
07-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Because a 1:40 minute long Youtube video clip is what GM's use to gauge an NBA draft prospect in which you're gambling millions of dollars on. GTFO please.
That's why they have scouts. :confusedshrug:

BlackMamba24
07-16-2009, 07:34 PM
i see a man that pleezebelieve would fall gay for

twolvesfan
07-16-2009, 07:35 PM
he will be a bad replacement for lebron:cheers: :banana: :hammertime:

PleezeBelieve
07-16-2009, 07:37 PM
he will be a bad replacement for lebron:cheers: :banana: :hammertime:
Off pure jumping ability and body dexterity -- he may be a better athlete than LeBron. Better vert and better two foot jumper.

Plus he has SWAG!!!

Cavs hit the jackpot, I'm telling you. :hammertime:

knickballer
07-16-2009, 07:41 PM
He's on a ****ing 3rd division team.... Put him against some real competition lets see how he will do.

PleezeBelieve
07-16-2009, 07:45 PM
He's on a ****ing 3rd division team.... Put him against some real competition lets see how he will do.
I'm talking about his measurables and poise as a 19-year in those vids. You know, doing what real scouts and fans of player development do??

Maniak
07-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I think hes overrated by the Cavs fans of ISH.

PleezeBelieve
07-16-2009, 07:51 PM
I think hes overrated by the Cavs fans of ISH.
How do you 'overrate' measurables like that??

He will always be 6'5

Have a 7'2 wingspan

Jump out the gym

Tremendous quickness off the dribble

Have a sixth gear when running

twolvesfan
07-16-2009, 07:56 PM
How do you 'overrate' measurables like that??

He will always be 6'5

Have a 7'2 wingspan

Jump out the gym

Tremendous quickness off the dribble

Have a sixth gear when running
must be a small gym:ohwell:

DinoRadja40
07-16-2009, 07:58 PM
this has to be a joke right? one video and the kid is pippen? i agree, put this kid in the nba and he cant get past his defender, let alone dunk on suckasz

wang4three
07-16-2009, 08:04 PM
http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsY/60082-3857.gif
I see pride!
I see power!
I see one bad ass mother who don't take no crap from nobody!

BallersTalk
07-16-2009, 08:20 PM
I'd rather have Beaubois. I wish the Knicks got him ;\

niko
07-16-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry mods, what constitutes a banning? When you close someone's threads, and a few hours later, they post the same thread? What exactly is spamming? This isn't discussion. I can post a "Wilson Chandler is the next Michael Jordan thread" and it would be as valid as this. And i don't see why i shouldn't, if this is what passes as discussion on the board. At least it won't be cav or laker spam threads for once.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
07-16-2009, 08:30 PM

- elite quickness

- unconfirmed 42'' vert

- has post-up ability

Never knew LeDunkedOn needed a Pippen.

Another thing, WHO IS THIS GUY? WHERE IS HE FROM? WOW HE CAN DUNK.

One more thing, your retarded.

btw......James White where is he now idiot?

loot
07-23-2009, 09:13 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60745/20090723/report_cavs_eyenga_re_signs_in_spain/

Meticode
07-23-2009, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=PleezeBelieve]Christian Eyenga; look into his eyes and tell me what you see[/url]

I see a young kid who hasn't played organized basketball very long. Why show a video of him only dunking? I'm not saying he won't be successful, but it's more than likely he'll end up like Gerald Green or something and the biggest thing he'll be known for is some weird dunk in the NBA dunk contest.

DukeDelonte13
07-23-2009, 09:40 AM
It has been confirmed he will be playing in spain next season. I don't have a link though. :(

And the reason he was not playing on spain's top tier team is because he doesn't have a spanish visa and according to their league rules a team can only have a limited number of non-visa holding players rostered.

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 09:47 AM
From someone who's on the Cavs coaching staff :

I've never in my life seen a kid of such limited game experience do the things with the ball I've seen this kid do so naturally....

I'm not going to throw undue pressure on such a raw talent, but, just let this kid get his experience and time in the game over the next year or two.

When it's time for this kid to hit the US ....just save this little piece I'm writing now and remember the name and what I've written.

I'm saying no more about this kid til he shows up here and is ready for this level.

But, when I tell you I've never seen a player with his level of play experience do some of the things I've seen this kid do .,.,we're talking decades in this game, and am including a young star I've spent time with out of Akron... OK ?

Just some collective athetic attributes he displayed with the ball leave you with your mouth open at times.

We had 28 teams scratching their heads last night I think ... one team wasn't laughing .. and, a select few people would like to kill a few of our scouts and Danny Ferry right now.

He came in today and we ran him through some drills.

I have been given the impression that he absolutely dropped the jaws of everyone present with his athletic ability.

Just his raw jumping ability, he was able to just about touch the top of the backboard.

No joke.

Handles the ball very well ...

Shoots well

Runs like the wind..

Everyone knew he was likely going to open some eyes with his athleticism, but, even being prepared to likely see something special in that regard, they were all blown away.

Looks like we do have a very special special athletic talent.

Now, we need to formulate a plan of attack to get him developed and ready to play at this level.

We're dealing athletically with a kind of talent that would be seen as upper 1% ...there with the best that have played the game.

Brian Windhorst's article about Eyenga : http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/07/eying_christian_eyenga_summer.html

I'm not expecting him to be a Euro version of LeBron or anything, but we got him with the 30th pick. He could be a steal.

visirale
07-23-2009, 10:14 AM
From someone who's on the Cavs coaching staff :

Brian Windhorst's article about Eyenga : http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/07/eying_christian_eyenga_summer.html

I'm not expecting him to be a Euro version of LeBron or anything, but we got him with the 30th pick. He could be a steal.
Wow take the homervision goggles off... Cleveland wasted a first round pick on an international player that won't be ready for years... I know all about that because the Magic did too a few years back with Fran Vazquez.

Get ready for years of troubles as he gets different contracts over there and never quite makes it over here.

I don't believe for a second that he's not on the top DKV Jovenut team because he doesn't have a visa, that is easy to get and the team sure as hell has competent enough lawyers to get whatever he needed if he was talented enough to be on the top team.

This was an awful pick... The only logic I could think of is that Ferry wanted to avoid taking on more salary of drafting a player he could actually sign? But then again why wouldn't you want to add young talent that can play now to help you contend?

Just another shortcoming of the Cleveland front office staff.

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Wow take the homervision goggles off... Cleveland wasted a first round pick on an international player that won't be ready for years.

I'm not saying it's a great pick. Can he be a bust ? Absolutely. But he was the 30th pick in what's supposed to be a weak draft. We didn't waste a lottery pick like the Magic did with Vasquez. Is the reward potentially greater than the risk ? Yeah. Even if he stays in Europe for his entire career or if he's not good enough to be in this league, that wouldn't hurt us a whole lot.

I don't believe for a second that he's not on the top DKV Jovenut team because he doesn't have a visa

It's not because he doesn't have a visa. It's because he's not Spanish and Spanish teams can only have a few foreigners on their teams. He was too raw to be on the main team so he played with their second team.

But then again why wouldn't you want to add young talent that can play now to help you contend?

Maybe because they didn't feel the other players left on the board would be difference makers. But Eyenga in the best case scenario can. So they took the risk.

Just another shortcoming of the Cleveland front office staff.

Another ?

niko
07-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Cleveland is in win now mode, they need size, and Blair was on the board. THey are not sure if Lebron is staying past this year. And with the 30th pick, they select a total project whose only praise is coming from people who had a hand in selecting him. Could he be great? Yes. Would i bet on it? NO. When will he be great? YEARS from now.

Just saying...i'm not sure how this consitutes a good pick for a win now team whose problem seems to be quality depth.

visirale
07-23-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm not saying it's a great pick. Can he be a bust ? Absolutely. But he was the 30th pick in what's supposed to be a weak draft. We didn't waste a lottery pick like the Magic did with Vasquez. Is the reward potentially greater than the risk ? Yeah. Even if he stays in Europe for his entire career or if he's not good enough to be in this league, that wouldn't hurt us a whole lot.
True the Magic did waste a more important pick. I still feel like there were quite a few difference makers left on the board at that point. DeJuan Blair slipped to San Antonio? He wasn't high on any team's draft board and I doubt Cleveland's scouts saw something no one else did.

It's not because he doesn't have a visa. It's because he's not Spanish and Spanish teams can only have a few foreigners on their teams. He was too raw to be on the main team so he played with their second team.
Convoluted way of saying that he isn't good enough to be on the top team so he's on the farm team.

Maybe because they didn't feel the other players left on the board would be difference makers. But Eyenga in the best case scenario can. So they took the risk.

Perhaps, but almost all the other teams in the league did feel that the players left on the board were difference makers--or at least above Eyenga.

Another ?

Not rading for Shaq at the trade deadline, missing on numerous free-agents (although in all fairness, that's not their fault at all...). I'll just say from an outsider's point of view, it doesn't look good for Danny Ferry at this point.

I will be the first back here to eat my words if Eyenga turns into a halfway decent player.

twolvesfan
07-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Cleveland is in win now mode, they need size, and Blair was on the board. THey are not sure if Lebron is staying past this year. And with the 30th pick, they select a total project whose only praise is coming from people who had a hand in selecting him. Could he be great? Yes. Would i bet on it? NO. When will he be great? YEARS from now.

Just saying...i'm not sure how this consitutes a good pick for a win now team whose problem seems to be quality depth.
they probably didnt take blair because he would of beaten AV for the starting spot.

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 10:40 AM
THey are not sure if Lebron is staying past this year. And with the 30th pick, they select a total project

Maybe because they're not that worried about LeBron leaving ? :pimp:

niko
07-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Maybe because they're not that worried about LeBron leaving ? :pimp:
if he guaranteed he stayed they still picked a person who is going to be a non entity for several years. there will be up and town periods even if he stays, and they are SO close to a title, and they picked up a long shot pick, AGAIN with Blair on the board.

Do you really think this kid will be a star? Pleezebelieve thinks he will be a star. That almost guarantees he won't.

niko
07-23-2009, 10:49 AM
BTW, i'm not saying this is a bad pick, but to come in and act like it's this slam dunk steal is ridiculous. There are picks like this all the time and they almost never pan out. Its like me putting down $1 on the longshot in the race, eventually it will pan out, doesn't mean it was a good bet - it just worked that time.

the fact this kid doesn't play on his team is a HUGE red flag to me.

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Do you really think this kid will be a star?

Of course not. Only a moron would think that. But he doesn't have to be a star. He was the last pick of the 1st round in a weak draft. If he can be in the rotation in a few years, then it wasn't a bad pick. And if it doesn't happen, well it's not like we bet anything on this kid.

I don't know anything about Blair, I don't watch college hoops. But he's a PF right ? Would he get PT behind Shaq, Z, Varejao, Hickson and Darnell Jackson ? And we can still have LeBron play some 4. If he does deserve the PT, why did he slip to the secound round ?

the fact this kid doesn't play on his team is a HUGE red flag to me.

They signed him for 3 years. I don't think they'd do that just to keep him on their second team.

plowking
07-23-2009, 11:16 AM
I see greatness PB. If he's not averaging 25+ppg in his first year, I'd consider it a failure.

Lakers13
07-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Will he be playing on the B-Team in the euro leagues this year, or did he make the cut for the first team this year?

plowking
07-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Will he be playing on the B-Team in the euro leagues this year, or did he make the cut for the first team this year?

Going by PB's analysis, he's good enough to be playing in a secret league above the NBA.

Godfather
07-23-2009, 11:35 AM
He was ****ing terrible in the summer league...we need a player like Blair not this scrub.

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 11:40 AM

They signed him to a new 3-year contract, so I think he's on the 1st team now.

He was ****ing terrible in the summer league...we need a player like Blair not this scrub.

Relax. He's only 20 and he's still pretty new to this game. Give him some time.

And a lot of players play great in the summer league and they're never heard from again. And the opposite is also true.

ImmortalD24
07-23-2009, 11:48 AM
:roll: :roll::roll: :roll::roll: :roll:

Godfather
07-23-2009, 11:51 AM
They signed him to a new 3-year contract, so I think he's on the 1st team now.

Relax. He's only 20 and he's still pretty new to this game. Give him some time.

And a lot of players play great in the summer league and they're never heard from again. And the opposite is also true.

Using a 1st rounder for a 2nd round talent.

Take off your homer glasses and understand we made a mistake.

1~Gibson~1
07-23-2009, 11:52 AM
:oldlol:

PleezeBelieve
07-23-2009, 11:53 AM
After time to digest his summer league performance, I'd say he should have been a top-3 player taken in this draft. He'll be the best defender this league has seen since Pippen, maybe better. There is no way you can get around him. He's an impossible defender to consistently score on...atleast that's what his talents dictate.

PleezeBelieve
07-23-2009, 11:54 AM

You're an idiot. Kmow very little about the game that's not obvious. You're opinion on Eyenga is irrelevant.

plowking
07-23-2009, 11:54 AM
He should be in the HOF already.

plowking
07-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Will Lebron be coming off the bench for this guy now?

Juges8932
07-23-2009, 11:56 AM
He can definitely get up, I will give him that.

PleezeBelieve
07-23-2009, 12:06 PM
He can definitely get up, I will give him that.
Special athleticism. Just special.

Godfather
07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
You're an idiot. Kmow very little about the game that's not obvious. You're opinion on Eyenga is irrelevant.

You are a ****ing idiot and a disgrace to Cav fans.

Power_Ballin
07-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Lol PB, let's see what he looks like playing against MEN(not little boys) before we call him 'special'. ThanksKBye

niko
07-23-2009, 12:13 PM
You are a ****ing idiot and a disgrace to Cav fans.
hes actually not a cavs fan, hes a lebron groupie

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 12:15 PM

It's not like we used a lottery pick on him. It was the last pick in a weak draft ...

You may not like the pick, but you can't say we made a mistake yet. Wait at least a few years. That's why we made that pick.

Unless you think Blair is the difference between a championship and going home early ...

PleezeBelieve
07-23-2009, 12:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL7Npo8iRrg&feature=related

Here you go, another display of his jawdroping athleticsim. Arm-pit hovers right at the rim.

Enyenga will be the best athlete in the NBA whenever he comes over here. plus he can play the game.

visirale
07-23-2009, 12:25 PM
After time to digest his summer league performance, I'd say he should have been a top-3 player taken in this draft. He'll be the best defender this league has seen since Pippen, maybe better. There is no way you can get around him. He's an impossible defender to consistently score on...atleast that's what his talents dictate.

I've sat here for 5 minutes trying to think of a way to adequately respond to this ignorance, but I am just dumbfounded. I have no idea what to say or think.

niko
07-23-2009, 12:27 PM

Here you go, another display of his jawdroping athleticsim. Arm-pit hovers right at the rim.

Enyenga will be the best athlete in the NBA whenever he comes over here. PROVIDING he can play the game.
FIXED

Considering no other GM seems to have even heard of him, couldn't they have used a 2nd rd pick later on, used the 1st rd pick on somone else, and still gotten him?

visirale
07-23-2009, 12:31 PM

Enyenga will be the best athlete in the NBA whenever he comes over here. plus he can play the game.
Should have been called a goaltend. The ball is on the way down in its arch path.

Doesn't take a phenom to swat at a ball shot from the outside.

The Big Skinny
07-23-2009, 12:35 PM

LOL...because he dunked 3 times in a less then 2 min youtube video at some YMCA....clown

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Considering no other GM seems to have even heard of him, couldn't they have used a 2nd rd pick later on, used the 1st rd pick on somone else, and still gotten him?

Well, apparently another team thought just like this and they're pretty pissed right now. They didn't know the Cavs knew about him and they lost him.

Godfather
07-23-2009, 12:45 PM
It's not like we used a lottery pick on him. It was the last pick in a weak draft ...

You may not like the pick, but you can't say we made a mistake yet. Wait at least a few years. That's why we made that pick.

Unless you think Blair is the difference between a championship and going home early ...

We could have used a second round pick on him.

There was a reason everyone in the room went wtf when this pick was made.

Blair helps now...and we need that..not some project (as a Cavs fan you should know this).

GMW
07-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Well, apparently another team thought just like this and they're pretty pissed right now. They didn't know the Cavs knew about him and they lost him.
What's your source?

GOON MUSIC
07-23-2009, 12:53 PM
THIS IS A NEW ERA !!

The only way you win a championship is wit a muh****a from the congo

phoenix18
07-23-2009, 12:53 PM
http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsY/60082-3857.gif
I see pride!
I see power!
I see one bad ass mother who don't take no crap from nobody!
:roll: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :roll: Cool Runnings!! Cool Runnings!! Cool Runnings!!!

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 12:54 PM
What's your source?

A Cavs insider who posts on a Cavs board.

We had 28 teams scratching their heads last night I think ... one team wasn't laughing .. and, a select few people would like to kill a few of our scouts and Danny Ferry right now.

And I just learned that team was Toronto (same source). Damn, I was hoping it would be the Spurs. :rant

Well, maybe we could trade Eyenga for Bosh ? :oldlol:

niko
07-23-2009, 12:57 PM

Sounds like someone who had a hand in picking him justifying the selection.

Godfather
07-23-2009, 01:01 PM
A Cavs insider who posts on a Cavs board.

And I just learned that team was Toronto (same source). Damn, I was hoping it would be the Spurs. :rant

Well, maybe we could trade Eyenga for Bosh ? :oldlol:

Yeah a Cavs insider on a Cavs board told me yesterday that we are trading Shaq for Dwight Howard :rolleyes:

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah a Cavs insider on a Cavs board told me yesterday that we are trading Shaq for Dwight Howard :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say anything if I wasn't 100% sure he was legit.

niko
07-23-2009, 02:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4350963

Dude signed 3 year extension with his spanish team.

abuC
07-23-2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=23325

That's the insider on the Cavs board, his track record is pretty much teflon status. Also, he said who the team was, it was the Raptors that were going to take him and were upset when the Cavs picked him.

Hyperbole aside, he played well in the summer league all things considered, so well that the Cavs were considering keeping him stateside. He's probably the most athletic player in the draft.

niko
07-23-2009, 02:27 PM

That's the insider on the Cavs board, his track record is pretty much teflon status. Also, he said who the team was, it was the Raptors that were going to take him and were upset when the Cavs picked him.

Hyperbole aside, he played well in the summer league all things considered, so well that the Cavs were considering keeping him stateside.
this is not something that can be proven right or wrong. its speculation. i dont care if someone on the boards mom said it, its speculation.

abuC
07-23-2009, 02:29 PM
this is not something that can be proven right or wrong. its speculation. i dont care if someone on the boards mom said it, its speculation.

If it comes from him it's not speculation, there are 2 people on that board with verified ties to the team, he's one of them and a poster named "Maximus" is the other.

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers first-round draft pick Christian Eyenga will be playing in Spain next season, but he has negotiated terms into his new contract with DKV Joventut that will give him plenty of flexibility to come to the NBA in the future.

Eyenga signed a three-year contract, but it includes out clauses after every season, and if things go well he could sign with the Cavs next summer and then join the team. Or wait two years if that is decided as the best course of action.

Eyenga's New Jersey-based agent, Andy Miller, said today that after talking things over with the Cavs and Eyenga, the best decision was to let him play at least one more season in Europe before considering the jump to the NBA.

"This has nothing to do with money, it was not a shakedown of any sort," Miller said. "This has everything to do with allowing Christian to gain confidence as a pro and develop as a player."

Miller declined to talk specifics, but a league source said that the deal with Joventut does not have a substantial buyout clause like many European contracts. Also, Miller said the plan was for Eyenga, 20, to play with Joventut's main Euroleague team after he spent most of the last two seasons with their junior team.

"Christian had never been to the U.S. before (he was drafted); this would have been like a high school player going right to the NBA," Miller said. "We saw going back for one more year as a great opportunity to develop."

Source : http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/07/draft_pick_christian_eyengas_s.html

I don't know if it's good or bad news. If the guy really has great potential, shouldn't his team try to give him a ridiculously high buyout clause ?

niko
07-23-2009, 02:33 PM
If it comes from him it's not speculation, there are 2 people on that board with verified ties to the team, he's one of them and a poster named "Maximus" is the other.
Say what you want, it sounds like propoganda from a team about a pick they could have made later. it could be legit, but his "source" might be bull****tnig him, etc. news that can't be verified from sources i am always skeptical of. i

niko
07-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Source : http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/07/draft_pick_christian_eyengas_s.html

I don't know if it's good or bad news. If the guy really has great potential, shouldn't his team try to give him a ridiculously high buyout clause ?

i dont think you can tell if its good or bad really from what they say. :confusedshrug:

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 02:41 PM
i dont think you can tell if its good or bad really from what they say. :confusedshrug:

I don't know. That's a pretty sh!tty contract for that European team. The guy can just opt out and go to the NBA, and they'd get next to nothing in return. That obviously means they're not as high on him as the Cavs coaching staff is. And they know him better than we do ...

TruthKGRay3412
07-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Looks like a poor man's Gerald Green when the Celtics drafted him..could jump outta the building,pretty nice jump shot..but his game didnt convert to the NBA as people expected.

abuC
07-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Say what you want, it sounds like propoganda from a team about a pick they could have made later. it could be legit, but his "source" might be bull****tnig him, etc. news that can't be verified from sources i am always skeptical of. i

He doesn't work for the Cavs, he used to be a coach of some sort for them and still has a lot of ties to them and speaks with Ferry, Brown etc. Again, the guy has a almost flawless track record in regards to the Cavs and dropping inside info. Even the Cavs beatwriter Brian Windhorst said in a chat "if Wine and Gold says it, it must be true"

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 02:53 PM
He doesn't work for the Cavs, he used to be a coach of some sort for them

Used to ?

I think he said he worked a lot with Hickson.

Godfather
07-23-2009, 03:08 PM

Hyperbole aside, he played well in the summer league all things considered, so well that the Cavs were considering keeping him stateside. He's probably the most athletic player in the draft.

Explain to me how the Raptors were supposed to take him with no picks after the Cavs. If they wanted him so badly they would have put up a trade offer.

1~Gibson~1
07-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Looks like a poor man's Gerald Green when the Celtics drafted him..could jump outta the building,pretty nice jump shot..but his game didnt convert to the NBA as people expected.
pretty much, but at least Eyenga still has some time to improve his game and develop

1~Gibson~1
07-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Explain to me how the Raptors were supposed to take him with no picks after the Cavs. If they wanted him so badly they would have put up a trade offer.
buy a pick :confusedshrug:

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Explain to me how the Raptors were supposed to take him with no picks after the Cavs.

They probably would have traded for a 2nd round pick if they had seen he was still available. It's not hard to get a 2nd round pick.

Godfather
07-23-2009, 03:15 PM
They probably would have traded for a 2nd round pick if they had seen he was still available. It's not hard to get a 2nd round pick.

If they had wanted him so bad they would have made trade offers.

Read next time?

They knew it was a reach for him to be drafted in the first round.

Easily one of the worst picks of the draft.

1~Gibson~1
07-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Read next time?

not really. the Cavs didnt want to fill the roster up with rookies therefore they drafted a guy that'll be going overseas for a few seasons and furthermore, we wont even have to worry about him taking up cap sapce in 2010.

Why did we select him at No.30? beceause he has plenty of upside, we dont have to even give him a contract, and if we didnt get him then, the Raps would've just bought a 2nd rounder and drafted him.

That's just my speculative thoughts (adding on to the 1~Gibson~1 dictionary :lol )

abuC
07-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Used to ?

I think he said he worked a lot with Hickson.

Yeah, he used to work for them officially, now it seems he does consulting, development and scouting but isn't a part of the actual staff.

And Godfather, I agree the pick was way too high, they could have easily gotten him in the 2nd round, but it's obvious to me that they want to retain their capspace so drafting a international player and stashing him overseas makes sense. If he pans out they can sign him next year or the year after without him having a caphold on their salary in the summer of 2010.

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Read next time?

And yet they're still pretty pissed we drafted him ...

And it's easier to buy a second round pick than a first rounder. It's also less risky. 2nd round picks don't have guaranteed contracts. They didn't want to take that risk. But we did.

And how exactly do you know that ?

Godfather
07-23-2009, 03:24 PM
And yet they're still pretty pissed we drafted him ...

And it's easier to buy a second round pick than a first rounder. It's also less risky. 2nd round picks don't have guaranteed contracts. They didn't want to take that risk. But we did.

And how exactly do you know that ?

Cav homers astonish me...can Danny Ferry do no wrong?

The same way I know that Blake Griffen will be a solid NBA player.

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 03:26 PM
but it's obvious to me that they want to retain their capspace so drafting a international player and stashing him overseas makes sense. If he pans out they can sign him next year or the year after without him having a caphold on their salary in the summer of 2010.

No, he still counts against our team's salary cap.

43. Do draft picks count against the team's salary cap? If so, how much?

Unsigned first round picks are included in team salary immediately upon their selection in the draft. They count as 100% of the scale salary for that pick, unless there is a verbal agreement for a higher salary. An incident occurred prior to the 1997-98 season when Vancouver's first round pick, Antonio Daniels, revealed in an interview that he and the team had verbally agreed to a contract starting at the maximum salary (120% of the scale amount). Since verbal agreements apply to the salary cap, the league then changed the team's cap figure from the scale amount to 120% of scale.

Once a first round pick signs a contract, his actual salary is included in the team salary, of course.

If a first round pick signs instead with a non-NBA team, his scale amount is excluded from the team salary on the date he signs his non-NBA contract or the first day of the regular season, whichever is later. The scale amount goes back onto the team salary on the following July 1 or when his non-NBA contract ends, whichever is earlier. In other words, these cap holds are removed for players playing outside the NBA, but only during the regular season.

Unsigned second round picks are not included in team salary. This is a loophole that Houston once tried to use by trading a first round pick for a second round pick in order to clear cap room.

As described in question number 71, the trade value of an unsigned first or second round draft pick is always $0.

Source : http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q43

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Cav homers astonish me...can Danny Ferry do no wrong?

Homer ? Because I think we should wait to see what he's made of before we jump to conclusions ?

I'm not saying it's a great pick. I'm not saying he will be a rotation player. He might very well be a bust of epic proportions. We just don't know yet.

boozehound
07-23-2009, 03:33 PM
too funny. What is PB gonna do now that he signed a 3 yr contract extension in spain?

boozehound
07-23-2009, 03:37 PM

thank you for clarifying that for the ignant homers. He may or may not end up being a decent pick, but he is raw as **** after a meal of sashimi. IMO they should have just grabbed Dejuan (Blair or summers). Blairs knees may be ****ed, but you can never have enough solid rebounders (esp with their center position being so old). Summers could have been the athletic scoring 4/3 that'd complement bron in a couple of years. but again, the jury is still out on this kid, obviously.

dyna
07-23-2009, 04:02 PM

- elite quickness

- unconfirmed 42'' vert

- has post-up ability

PleezeBelieve and Game = :hammerhead:

abuC
07-23-2009, 04:54 PM

Just curious, how come Tiago Splitter hasn't counted against the Spurs capspace?

RaininThrees
07-23-2009, 07:25 PM

- elite quickness

- unconfirmed 42'' vert

- has post-up ability

If I could see his face, I'd look into his eyes.

gts
07-23-2009, 09:19 PM

Source : http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q43isn't he signed with a euro team, if he is signed with a euro team or any other non nba pro team he will not count against the cap

Mikaiel
07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
isn't he signed with a euro team, if he is signed with a euro team or any other non nba pro team he will not count against the cap

Well, unless that link I posted is wrong, he does count against the cap. But just during the offseason. So he doesn't count for the luxury tax or stuff like that. But he takes cap space during the offseason.

Grinder
07-18-2010, 01:06 PM
LMAO. This never gets old.

kentatm
07-18-2010, 01:11 PM
PB used to play this jam on repeat while looking up at the Bron poster on his ceiling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNvPYIG2pDo

jbryan1984
07-18-2010, 01:55 PM
If you watched any Cavs summer league..... I think its for sure they are signing this guy.

momo
07-18-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry mods, what constitutes a banning? When you close someone's threads, and a few hours later, they post the same thread? What exactly is spamming? This isn't discussion. I can post a "Wilson Chandler is the next Michael Jordan thread" and it would be as valid as this. And i don't see why i shouldn't, if this is what passes as discussion on the board. At least it won't be cav or laker spam threads for once.

QFT

1~Gibson~1
07-18-2010, 04:00 PM
i'd love to see Christian Eyenga in the dunk contest. idc what the haters think, this dude has HOPS lol....besides, you cant get any worse than last year :lol

lilWesleyJ4
12-27-2010, 12:26 AM

- elite quickness

- unconfirmed 42'' vert

- has post-up ability

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

8BeastlyXOIAD
12-27-2010, 12:29 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:roll: :roll:

PleezeBelieve
02-17-2011, 12:40 AM
How does Gasol feel about this draft pick?

Javat_90
02-17-2011, 12:44 AM
:roll: :roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

thomaspynchon
02-17-2011, 12:47 AM
I see a beautiful man of Herero tribe origin, reminiscent of Oberst Enzian.

Euroleague
02-17-2011, 02:30 PM
This guy was not even good enough to stay in DKV Joventut's first team in the Spanish League. He kept getting getting sent down to Spain's version of the D-League.

When he did play in Spain's first division, he could barely even get on the court.

And yet, he is starting in the NBA. Yet another perfect example of how insanely overrated the NBA is.

jbryan1984
02-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Eyenga has looked pretty awesome, that is for sure. I heard good things about him when he was drafted. Still, there must be some reason why Byron would not let him play for the longest time and sent him to the D-League. Seriously, Samuel and Harris got to play but not Eyenga, now Eyenga starts. He is one dude I would def keep though. Our guys have their ups and downs. Harris, Hickson and Eyenga are our young guys to keep.

Droid101
02-17-2011, 02:45 PM
This guy was not even good enough to stay in DKV Joventut's first team in the Spanish League. He kept getting getting sent down to Spain's version of the D-League.

When he did play in Spain's first division, he could barely even get on the court.

And yet, he is starting in the NBA. Yet another perfect example of how insanely overrated the NBA is.
Why isn't this clown banned yet? All he does is come into an NBA forum and bash the NBA.

kaiiu
02-17-2011, 02:47 PM
How does Gasol feel about this draft pick?
:roll: :oldlol: :bowdown: :bowdown: at the thread title :lol funniest shit I ever read doe like

Monkey D Dragon
02-17-2011, 02:50 PM

- elite quickness

- unconfirmed 42'' vert

- has post-up ability

Retard alert !!!!

LeBron did all that in NBA and then Some ~

LOL ur a joke

Monkey D Dragon
02-17-2011, 02:52 PM

alenleomessi
02-17-2011, 02:59 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/calm-down.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4283)

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-17-2011, 04:50 PM
look into his eyes and tell me what you see

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

kaiiu
02-17-2011, 04:52 PM
:oldlol: :bowdown:

Nets fan 93
02-17-2011, 05:37 PM

I guess you are unaware he is playing on the worst team in the league. They are trying to develop the young player.

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Eyenga is legitimate. I will freely admit that I was wrong about the kid. I thought that he would never see an NBA court when the selection was made and that it was simply a money-saving move by an owner who was splurging a massive amount of cash on huge contracts.

But, no... This kid has a ton of potential. His athleticism is through the roof and his defense and jumpshot are coming along nicely, considering he has only played in around 20 NBA games. That dunk on Gasol was not completely out of nowhere. He normally does one or two things every night that make you say, "Wow... This kid could be something."

I think Session, Eyenga, Hickson and Varejao is a good, young foursome to start this rebuilding process.

kaiiu
02-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Eyenga is legitimate. I will freely admit that I was wrong about the kid. I thought that he would never see an NBA court when the selection was made and that it was simply a money-saving move by an owner who was splurging a massive amount of cash on huge contracts.

But, no... This kid has a ton of potential. His athleticism is through the roof and his defense and jumpshot are coming along nicely, considering he has only played in around 20 NBA games. That dunk on Gasol was not completely out of nowhere. He normally does one or two things every night that make you say, "Wow... This kid could be something."

I think Session, Eyenga, Hickson and Varejao is a good, young foursome to start this rebuilding process.
:bowdown: if he ever develops a consistent 3 point shot I can see him averaging 15 ppg when we become contenders again

PleezeBelieve
02-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Safe to say this thread only furthers the Legend of PleezeBelieve.

My book will be coming out soon. If the hard copy is a little out your price range, paperback edition is in the works.

Thank you...

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-17-2011, 06:59 PM

My book will be coming out soon. If the hard copy is a little out your price range, paperback edition is in the works.

Thank you...:oldlol: :oldlol: :applause: :applause:

josh99
02-17-2011, 07:05 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: I used to hate you but now you're just a joke.

Kevin_Garnett_5
02-17-2011, 07:06 PM

Thank you...:oldlol:

SourGrapes
02-17-2011, 08:41 PM

Thank you...

is that the same book ashbelly promises, you sick f*ck?

heyhey
02-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I see Pride, I see power, i see a bad @ss mutha who don't take no crap off of nobody.

Bandito
02-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Why isn't this clown banned yet? All he does is come into an NBA forum and bash the NBA.
Well it is better than seeing all those people bash on kobe/lebron just because.

sixer6ad
02-17-2011, 09:44 PM
The thing that is exciting about Eyenga is the unknown. We already know how good A LOT of NBA players can be. Heinrich, for example, has a ceiling that can only go so high. Same for players like Haslem, Bogans, Gortat, etc. Very good NBA players who only have the ability to get so much done.

Eyenga's ceiling - as of Thursday, Feb. 17, 2011 - is still very high. This is his first taste of the NBA. I know it sounds like suicide, but I watch every Cavs game. I'm telling you guys he has had some moments of greatness, some moments of futility, and some very average moments in a short stint. I'm also telling you he's getting better. His jumper and his defense alone are measurably better. Last night's dunk over Gasol was a first taste for many of you, but his ceiling is high.

Nash-tastic
02-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Reminds me a little of Jason Richardson

Nick Young
02-17-2011, 10:25 PM
He's the Cheik Samb of SFs

Jasper
02-17-2011, 11:17 PM

I have seen little of him , but he has hops. .

I think you are right about the above four players..
I've always liked JJ as well as Sessions.
They are as of right now missing at least two legit players and role players defined off the bench.

Problem is Mo Williams isn't a bad shooter , but is to short for a SG spot .. and his defense has been horrid his whole career ...

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Nothing Special

Nostradamus

FourthTenor
01-05-2012, 10:58 AM

- elite quickness

- unconfirmed 42'' vert

- has post-up ability

- demoted to the d-league

alenleomessi
01-05-2012, 12:53 PM
ouch :roll:

Andrei89
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
PleezeBelieve is just plain stupid.

I dont think his stupidity can reach another level

R.I.P.
01-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Hep C?

I

swi7ch
01-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Blew right by Kobe - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY85U8qzgeE&feature=related :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
01-05-2012, 02:34 PM
PleezeBelieve is just plain stupid.

I dont think his stupidity can reach another level
Calling PB stupid is like calling a bicycle stupid. You pedal a bike and it goes forwards. Similarly if you put an athlete in Ohio and PB will overrate. There's no real thought going on just a rote reaction to anyone for whom he can homer.

niko
01-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Calling PB stupid is like calling a bicycle stupid. You pedal a bike and it goes forwards. Similarly if you put an athlete in Ohio and PB will overrate. There's no real thought going on just a rote reaction to anyone for whom he can homer.
i like the other cav fans posts better. No no, he's not great now, but HE COULD BE! How could we know? You can see "flashes" :lol No, you really could not and it was a huge reach.

PJR
01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I see a scrub who will be waived by the Cavs.

DevilsAssassin
03-15-2012, 02:05 PM

305Baller
03-15-2012, 02:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ybFHA.gif

inclinerator
03-15-2012, 02:37 PM
worst gm ever

MeLO MvP 15
03-15-2012, 02:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ybFHA.gif
Lmao love the Gambino swag.

FireDavidKahn
10-23-2012, 05:44 PM

- elite quickness

- unconfirmed 42'' vert

- has post-up ability

I'd say he is a tad lower than Pip.

coin24
10-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Another prediction proved wrong from ISHs biggest retard:applause: :applause:

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2012, 05:54 PM
And of course he will not own up to this bit of jackassery. He never does.

Whoah10115
10-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Did anyone else read "tremendous one and two foot jumper"?

:roll: