PDA

View Full Version : Shaq wants to fight Brock Lesnar

kobesabi
07-17-2009, 04:40 AM
Dana White: 'Shaq wants to fight Brock Lesnar'

By J.E. Skeets

Where does one go after dunking on a 13-ton shark? What's the next step after defeating Damon Jones with a plastic knife and killer dance moves? Well, if you're Shaquille O'Neal(notes) you challenge the UFC heavyweight champion of the world.

UFC president Dana White joined "Into The Night with Tony Bruno" to discuss UFC 100's impressive ratings, the possibility of a Brock Lesnar-Fedor Emelianenko match, and the desire of The Big Diesel/Witness/Twitter to step inside the octagon with the Coors Light-drinkin' champ. Sports Radio Interviews transcribes the gold:

"Shaq texts and Twitters me all the time saying he wants to fight Brock Lesnar. He's been training for 10 years; Shaq's probably the only dude in the NBA that can actually fight ... I told Shaq, I said listen, 'Win another NBA championship this year and then we'll talk next year.'"

White's right; Shaq's yearning to get in the cage is nothing new. He's been training with Jonathan Burke of Gracie's Gym for 10 years now, where he does the full gamut of MMA, boxing, jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai and wrestling. Cagewriter spoke with Burke in May who said that O'Neal "works his tail off" during drills and "has way more talent with this stuff than people would imagine." And again, he dunked on a freakin' shark!

It's a long shot to ever happen, but Shaq vs. Brock ... I would pay good money to see that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Dana-White-Shaq-wants-to-fight-Brock-Lesnar-;_ylt=AjUI.N7BUGEZDY4rFNoXqiG8vLYF?urn=nba,176709

If it is setup, who do you think will win? Brock?

reppy
07-17-2009, 04:44 AM
Wasn't there an NBA player that wanted to fight Muhammad Ali? Was it Wilt Chamberlain?

zabuza666
07-17-2009, 04:44 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brock lesnar would rip Shaq limb from limb

amfirst
07-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Shaq is 7'2'' Brock is 6'3'' Shaq will kill him. Skills will only get u so far, but huge size difference will eventually overwhelm.

Showtime
07-17-2009, 04:47 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brock lesnar would rip Shaq limb from limb
Are you high? Shaq has a huge size advantage and is probably stronger. Any submission would be more difficult because of Shaq's length and strength. His reach would limit Brock's standup game as well, and Shaq's height would mean Brock is punching upward. Shaq has every advantage.

lil_miketaylor
07-17-2009, 04:48 AM
On a sidenote, Jose Canseco getting beatup by that Korean dude was pretty funny

mamba24
07-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Lol you have not seen Lesnar train...shaq is nothing but a big pillow...its not boxing where lesnar needs to punch up...he will take him down and finish him...clearly you think too much of shaq....lol...shaq kicking lesnar...his wife would take him out.

Go Getter
07-17-2009, 04:53 AM
no....really he doesn't.:no:

Showtime
07-17-2009, 04:56 AM
Lol you have not seen Lesnar train...

No, I've just seen him fight.

shaq is nothing but a big pillow...

Yeah...because he makes his opponent go to sleep.

its not boxing where lesnar needs to punch up...

If Brock wants to throw a punch as Shaq's head, he WILL have to punch up. Are you seriously expecting him to not strike at all?

he will take him down and finish him...clearly you think too much of shaq....lol...shaq kicking lesnar...his wife would take him out.
Clearly you think too much of Brock. How did Randy's skill and experience help him against Brock's size and strength? If they were of equal size, Randy wins. Brock just overwhelmed Randy. He can't do that with Shaq.

kobesabi
07-17-2009, 04:59 AM
Wasn't there an NBA player that wanted to fight Muhammad Ali? Was it Wilt Chamberlain?

You mean this?
http://www.videosift.com/video/Muhammad-Ali-vs-Wilt-Chamberlain-The-Fight-That-Almost-Was

I know Kareem Abdul Jabbar fought Bruce Li...in Enter the Dragon. Kareem was pretty good.

sirkeelma
07-17-2009, 05:00 AM
Are you high? Shaq has a huge size advantage and is probably stronger. Any submission would be more difficult because of Shaq's length and strength. His reach would limit Brock's standup game as well, and Shaq's height would mean Brock is punching upward. Shaq has every advantage.

LOL watch UFC often, you talk like you only watch MMA once or twice. It's not alll about size. You need proper training, discipline and courage to survive MMA fights.

zabuza666
07-17-2009, 05:00 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ahahahahaha, Brock beats shaq with a takedown; and pummels his ass case closed. Anyone who honestly thinks shaq wins is a ****ing moron

Oh also he will overwhelm shaq. He didn't beat randy with size, he beat him with strength/speed. He has both advantages over shaq

kobesabi
07-17-2009, 05:01 AM
Shaq is 7'2'' Brock is 6'3'' Shaq will kill him. Skills will only get u so far, but huge size difference will eventually overwhelm.
I think you are right...Shaq will be a rookie but has long big legs. If Shaq can kick like Kareem, that would be deadly for Lesnar.

LbloodOjunkieG
07-17-2009, 05:02 AM

It's the other way around, in my opinion. If you don't have any skills, size will only get you so far.

zabuza666
07-17-2009, 05:06 AM

Tell that to Tim Sylvia

Showtime
07-17-2009, 05:07 AM
LOL watch UFC often, you talk like you only watch MMA once or twice. It's not alll about size. You need proper training, discipline and courage to survive MMA fights.
It isn't all about size, but height, length, and strength impact what a fighter can do. There's only so much a fighter with those disadvantages can do no matter how skilled he is. You are talking as if Shaq has no experience vs a guy who does have experience. In that scenario, the experienced and skilled fighter will win. But if both have trained and both are skilled fighters, then the size and strength do become a huge factor.

andgar923
07-17-2009, 05:08 AM
Unlike most, I wouldn't bet on it till I actually saw Shaq fight.

And we know he can put on more weight if he needed too.

monkeypox
07-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Shaq doesn't have a comptetitive backround in fighting or wrestling. At least Brock had traditional wrestling, which is considered one of the best bases to start off in mma. Also it would really be difficult for Shaq to make weight I think.

Back in the day when they still had weekly boxing shows on there would always be some nfl player trying to make it in to professional boxing. They'd look like giant video game characters, just rediculous physiques. One time they had a monster of a nfl player fight some old man with stick thin arms. The only reason why they were in the same weight class was because this guy had a huge potbelly. The old guy didn't even have good technique, all he had was a looping right haymayker that he telegraphed. The sad thing was that I think it was still enough to ko the giant nfl player. (Don't remember how exactly it ended but it was embarrassing for the nfl player.)

Shaq in MMA would be scary if he actually seriously trained for it. Particularly considering how lean he'd have to be to make weight with his already giant frame.

kobesabi
07-17-2009, 05:11 AM
If Lesnar wins, it'll give new meaning to Hack-A-Shaq. If Shaq wins, it'll be embarassment to Lesnar?

Torious
07-17-2009, 05:11 AM
This is why I think the whole Shaq in Cleveland thing is destined to fail, his head seems to be everywhere but on the basketball court for a while now.

Showtime
07-17-2009, 05:15 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ahahahahaha, Brock beats shaq with a takedown; and pummels his ass case closed. Anyone who honestly thinks shaq wins is a ****ing moron

Wow you are stupid. Brock isn't stronger than Shaq. Depending on Shaq's takedown defense, it might not be such an easy task. Shaq was pretty damn agile on the court for a guy his size, even when he was overweight and not committed to getting in shape. Even if he gets him down, it's stupid to assume Shaq has no guard, and also stupid to assume his reach and strength are meaningless in the guard. Brock relies a lot on his physical strength to ground and pound, and that advantage he has over other fighters evaporates against Shaq.

Oh also he will overwhelm shaq. He didn't beat randy with size, he beat him with strength/speed. He has both advantages over shaq
Shaq has at least fifty pounds and a foot on Brock. If Shaq is a good fighter and developed in his 10 years of training, then to assume he would be easily dominated is the moronic viewpoint.

Finn T-Mac
07-17-2009, 05:17 AM

:oldlol: Any UFC fighter would win over Shaq. It's the other way around. Skill always wins over size. Specially in this one cause Brock ain't that small

monkeypox
07-17-2009, 05:22 AM
You guys are underestimating skill and experience. Seriously. Look at tim sylvia, the guy towers over his opponents, and even with training professionally in MMA for a long time, he still stinks. Being huge and strong isn't enough. Brock doesn't win just based on on overpowering his opponent. If that were the case he wouldn't have been kneebarred by Mir in their first fight.

Showtime
07-17-2009, 05:23 AM
:oldlol: Any UFC fighter would win over Shaq. It's the other way around. Skill always wins over size. Specially in this one cause Brock ain't that small
If Shaq has trained for a decade, then why do you assume he has no skill? You idiots are thinking this is just an average joe boxer or something with no MMA experience. In that case, of course the experienced MMA fighter will win. But that is not the case, according to this information.

The rule that the skill > size/strength is a myth if both fighters are well trained and experienced.

Showtime
07-17-2009, 05:27 AM
You guys are underestimating skill and experience. Seriously. Look at tim sylvia, the guy towers over his opponents, and even with training professionally in MMA for a long time, he still stinks.

You are killing your own argument. He stinks NOW, but he held the title in the UFC. So your point is moot.

Being huge and strong isn't enough. Brock doesn't win just based on on overpowering his opponent. If that were the case he wouldn't have been kneebarred by Mir in their first fight.
Brock has skill, but his superior strength makes it much easier to implement his skills on the ground. Physical superiority helps a skilled fighter execute said skills easier. It provides a big advantage.

RoTM
07-17-2009, 05:27 AM

Thats what Mir said and Brocks only got 20 pounds on him not a foot and 50. Shaq vs Brock if Shaq can fight like he says would be like Brock mauling a 205 Minotoro Nogueira for example.

Finn T-Mac
07-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Thats what Mir said and Brocks only got 20 pounds on him not a foot and 50. Shaq vs Brock if Shaq can fight like he says would be like Brock mauling a 205 Minotoro Nogueira for example.

Lesnar is skilled fighter, no matter what people say, so the difference between Lesnar and Mir is way smaller than between Shaq and Lesnar. Right now if Shaq gets in the ring, it won't last long

kobesabi
07-17-2009, 05:43 AM
Right now if Shaq gets in the ring, it won't last long
But it would sell alot of tickets I think. I would tune in to watch it.

Tha Catalyst
07-17-2009, 05:47 AM
Showtime, watch this video and put down the pipe please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPRr6y8NRuo

There is really no way that shaq could even last 2 minutes with Brock, skill is almost eveything. He lacks too much co-ordination to become an elite fighter. Check that weak punch on Miller.

zabuza666
07-17-2009, 05:50 AM
Unlike most, I wouldn't bet on it till I actually saw Shaq fight.

And we know he can put on more weight if he needed too.

He needs to drastically cut weight if he wants to fight. Lesnar has to cut down to about 265 or 245 or something like that to fight i think.

zabuza666
07-17-2009, 05:53 AM
If Shaq has trained for a decade, then why do you assume he has no skill? You idiots are thinking this is just an average joe boxer or something with no MMA experience. In that case, of course the experienced MMA fighter will win. But that is not the case, according to this information.

The rule that the skill > size/strength is a myth if both fighters are well trained and experienced.

How often do you think shaq trained a week? honestly, he probably trains scarcely due to his commitments to basketball. Lesnar would absolutely stomp him. He's faster, stronger, more agile and has far far far far better technique to boot.

monkeypox
07-17-2009, 06:25 AM
How often do you think shaq trained a week? honestly, he probably trains scarcely due to his commitments to basketball. Lesnar would absolutely stomp him. He's faster, stronger, more agile and has far far far far better technique to boot.

Seriously it's like comparing someone who only has shooting range experience vs. a combat veteran. Sure given similar skill sets size and athleticism will be tremendously useful, but at this point I don't think shaq could even beat bobby lashly. (who's going back to pro-wrestling btw.) I doubt Shaq has ever even done any full contact sparring against someone going full bore. He's probably surrounded by hangers on letting him beat on him, telling him how awesome he is.

Showtime
07-17-2009, 06:48 AM
There is really no way that shaq could even last 2 minutes with Brock, skill is almost eveything. He lacks too much co-ordination to become an elite fighter. Check that weak punch on Miller.
Once again: how on earth do you have enough information on how skilled Shaq is and how much progress he's made in a decade of training to say he would be dominated? Some of you idiots can't seem to grasp my position. I'm not saying Shaq will handle Brock easily. I'm saying there's absolutely no grounds to say Brock would DOMINATE Shaq.

Sriracha
07-17-2009, 06:55 AM
Dana White is being more polite than usual. He should tell Shaq that if he wants to fight in the UFC he has to start out from the bottom...not on the top against one of the UFC popular fighter. If anything he should fight that Korean guy who took down Canseco. As usual Shaq is just attention whoring again.

niko
07-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Shaq has never trained to fight. I've seen fights where they have giant but nto as skilled guys go against better fighters. and these are guys with some fighting training. Shaq has none. He'd get killed. KILLED.

niko
07-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Once again: how on earth do you have enough information on how skilled Shaq is and how much progress he's made in a decade of training to say he would be dominated? Some of you idiots can't seem to grasp my position. I'm not saying Shaq will handle Brock easily. I'm saying there's absolutely no grounds to say Brock would DOMINATE Shaq.
Except that Shaq is not a fighter, he's just some dude who is exaggerating his skill to be funny. Do you really thing Shaq is training in MMA? Why would you possibly believe that? He is clearly full of ****.

monkeypox
07-17-2009, 07:12 AM

Let's see, we've seen Brock fight 5 times now. Shaq.. we have the haymaker he threw at brad miller and totally missed. Could he have been secretly training and already be a great fighter? Sure, why not. Just like how it's technically feasible for Terell Owens to be a better basketball player than LeBron James and Michael Jordan combined. But from where I'm watchying, I'm pretty sure despite his amazing athleticism that MJ and LBJ are in no danger of losing to TO.

imlmf
07-17-2009, 08:11 AM
you guys overrate the importance of size way too much

Knicks101
07-17-2009, 08:27 AM
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww345/efad1/brock2.jpg

Lebron23
07-17-2009, 08:34 AM
The only individual that can beat Brock Lesnar right now is Bobby Lashley. Lashley is also a great amateur wrestler, and he's also improving his Submission Skills.

Lesnar would beat Shaq because he's a trained fighter even though Shaq is almost 11" taller than Lesnar.

wang4three
07-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Shaq with his antics again.

spree43
07-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Firstly - Tim Sylvia was the UFC heavyweight champ, don't talk him down
Secondly - Shaq would have to cut down to 265 lbs to fight in the ufc, which is never going to happen
Thirdly - Brock Lesner has only ever shown wrestling and some striking ability, Mir would destroy shaq

Though Lesner would be the massive favourite, its asks a legitimate question, how would lesner go against someone who negates the size advantage that he relies so heavily upon?

Remember Lesner had only 1 fight of experience before entering the UFC, the rest was training (excluding amatuer wrestling experience as thats something that can be duplicated in the gym)

Jordandunk23
07-17-2009, 09:14 AM
you guys are f^cking retarded if you think Shaq's size will get him a win... do you know how many big m^tha****as get knocked the eff out with one hit because they don't know how to fight?

Shaq does not have the skill set, the fundamentals, or the instinct to block punches. Shaq has a huge height advantage and weight, but he is going to leave his face open and Lesnar will easily find an opening and knock his azz out cold.

you see professionals who train for this get knocked out within a minutes start because they're caught sleeping... if you think Shaq can last any longer than that, your a fool.

kkling
07-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Lots of fighters here I see. :oldlol: Shaq would more likely cry like a little ***** before he could beat Lesnar in a fight.

fatboy11
07-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Shaq would have a tough time defeating Brock Lesnar. For one, Brock is stronger than Shaq. I have no doubt about that. Brock is faster than Shaq. Quicker. More athletic. Yes, more athletic.

Shaq runs his mouth too much. The man is an attention whore if I've ever seen one.

DCL
07-17-2009, 10:44 AM
i remember in high school, there was this kid in our class who was a black belt in martial parts. performance wise, he could do all the sick sh!t like flip, twist, jump kick, whatever. like what they do in movies. he was also only about 5'6" or 5'7" and maybe 130lbs. anyway, one time, he got at it with another dude, about 6'3" 220, no fight training whatever, and bigger dude whooped his ass. just picked him up like a little toy and body slammed him and sh'!t. lights out.

fatboy11
07-17-2009, 10:44 AM
The only individual that can beat Brock Lesnar right now is Bobby Lashley. Lashley is also a great amateur wrestler, and he's also improving his Submission Skills.

Lesnar would beat Shaq because he's a trained fighter even though Shaq is almost 11" taller than Lesnar.:roll:

So Fedor can't beat Brock, but a 4-0 Bobby Lashley, who's best win is Bobb Sapp, is going to beat Brock? Get outta here.....

Lashley could very well end up being a good MMA fighter, but he's nowhere near Brock Lesnar's level. Brock Lesnar was the UFC HW champion by his 4th pro fight. Lashley is still fighting cans.

miller-time
07-17-2009, 10:52 AM
this is like saying some guy who dominates the mma and happens to be 7'6 would dominate shaq in basketball.

just because he dominates the mma doesn't mean he can go up and just beat shaq at the rim.

just because shaq is bigger and sort of trained doesn't mean he can just go into another sport and dominate. like jordan and baseball. skills don't translate.

Richie2k6
07-17-2009, 10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUt-5PnrfjY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yYGfkPT86M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTczMKtmvdQ

Juges8932
07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
If you guys think Shaq is stronger or more skilled than Brock, then you are ignorant when it comes to MMA. Shaq has huge height and reach advantage, but all that leg length makes it easier for Brock to get under him and take him down. Brock is one of the best college wrestlers of this decade. Against Mir, his latest fight, he neutralized him on the ground with PERFECT technique (Not even my words, but the words of a BJJ wiz about it being perfect). Shaq would definitely have a chance on the feet if he could pressure Brock and depending on Shaq's punching power, technique, and ability to take a shot (striking) he could possibly catch him because Brock is vulnerable when pressured at first. Shaq would have to cut about 60 lbs or so, maybe a little bit more, and unless they did a catch weight of a super-heavyweight limit, like 285 or something, then that would take its toll on Shaq's aging body, especially since he's probably never cut that much weight before. The cut would also weaken Shaq a pretty considerable amount.

IamSofaKing
07-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Lesnar cant beat Shaq standing up, he needs to take him to the ground and submit him... Lesnar will have the advantage on the ground since his main style is wrestling :banana:

Lebron23
07-17-2009, 11:25 AM
:roll:

So Fedor can't beat Brock, but a 4-0 Bobby Lashley, who's best win is Bobb Sapp, is going to beat Brock? Get outta here.....

Lashley could very well end up being a good MMA fighter, but he's nowhere near Brock Lesnar's level. Brock Lesnar was the UFC HW champion by his 4th pro fight. Lashley is still fighting cans.

Because Brock is fighting in the UFC, and he had a lot of hype because he was a former 3x WWE Champion.

Fedor would beat Brock Lesnar, but don't estimate Bobby Lashley because he was also a good amateur wrestler in College.

I hope Lashley signs a contract with the UFC because i want to see him fight Lesnar next year.

thejumpa
07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Because Brock is fighting in the UFC, and he had a lot of hype because he was a former 3x WWE Champion.

Fedor would beat Brock Lesnar, but don't estimate Bobby Lashley because he was also a good amateur wrestler in College.

I hope Lashley signs a contract with the UFC because i want to see him fight Lesnar next year.

Yeah, I hope Lashley signs with UFC as well. He is a bit rough and maybe needs to cut a bit as he seems to get tired too fast but I can't really see where Brock has any real advantage over him.

Before Brock Lesnar gets a shot at Fedor (and he shouldn't....), I think he will get beat again in the UFC. I'm not sure if anyone is going to overpower him but I can a submission happening again when he trys to take someone down.

fatboy11
07-17-2009, 11:40 AM

I hope Lashley signs a contract with the UFC because i want to see him fight Lesnar next year.Brock also had a lot of hype because he was a former NCAA wrestling champ. Lashley was not. There are plenty of good to great amateur wrestlers in MMA. That's a good base to start with, but there are guys who were good wrestlers in college that haven't succeeded in MMA.

Lashley just hasn't had the fights to put himself on the level of someone who can legitimately challenge Brock Lesnar. Lashley went to a decision in his 2nd fight with Jason Guida, a scrub with a 17-20 record. Again, I'm not dissing Lashley. He'll be a good MMA fighter, but you can't realistically say he has a chance to beat Brock Lesnar at this point. He hasn't shown the cardio or power needed to challenge Brock. Brock is much further along than Bobby. I doubt Bobby will ever reach Brock's level.

BlazersDozen
07-17-2009, 11:56 AM

You do realize that the UFC used to have no weight divisions and it'd be 175 pounders vs. 265 pounders and the 175 pounders would be victorious a lot of the time because they are MUCH quicker which means they can get whatever position they wanted which is horrible in MMA because if you get the back, it's over.

From what I've seen, Shaq might "overwhelm" Brock with size but Brock would overwhelm Shaq with skills, quickness, knowledge and agility.

MIP1990
07-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Anyone who thinks Shaq would last one round with Lesnar should kill themself.

And, Rickson by armbar.

1~Gibson~1
07-17-2009, 12:29 PM
All Lesnar would have to do is go at his knees.

As for Shaq, he could prob. just sit on Lesnar and win :lol

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Lesnar would rip him apart.....then **** on him.

1~Gibson~1
07-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Lesnar would rip him apart.....then **** on him.
How would KG fair against him?

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-17-2009, 12:34 PM
How would KG fair against him? KG isn't the one who made a challenge knowing he would get ****ed up. :lol

Butters
07-17-2009, 12:55 PM
I give it 30 seconds before shaq quits or dies.

inclinerator
07-17-2009, 01:22 PM
i dont know who'd win but brock was definetly stronger than shaq in his prime
bench 475
squat 695
yes shaq has size but doesnt mean he is stronger.
I dont know about now tho

Vancouver-Grizz
07-17-2009, 02:37 PM
This Topic is up for debate.

Nobody can really predict what would happen if this fight went down.

Brock's MMA skill is not the best and he relies on his size/strength/agility and it might not work on a guy with Shaq's size. Brock's stand up game is non-existant at this point of his MMA career as he has absolutley to technique at all. Brock's strog point is take downs and ground and pound. Shaq has apparently been training for MMA for the last 10 years. If Shaq can avoid the takedown, he might have a punchers chance. Lets not forget Shaq is very agile for a guy his size.

But as a betting man, I would put my money on Brock as he is younger and more experienced. Shaq is 37 years old and cannot even hold up for a whole season of basketball, how do you expect him to go through training and prep for the fight? And lets not forget that Brock fought a monster in his first fight as well. The Korean guy was like 7'3.

Oh yeah...To the poster who said Lashley is the only man that can beat Brock..Watch alittle more MMA before posting nonsense.

Big#50
07-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Shaq was taken down by an old beat down Barkley, Brock is ten times better at that. Brock is 6'3 290 of pure power. He would take Shaq down with ease. Shaq has fought before and it was sad.

fatboy11
07-17-2009, 02:55 PM
And lets not forget that Brock fought a monster in his first fight as well. The Korean guy was like 7'3.
Brock never fought Hong Man Choi. He was supposed to, but Choi could not get medical clearance from the CSAC.

Fedor - Laker
07-17-2009, 03:00 PM
It isn't all about size, but height, length, and strength impact what a fighter can do. There's only so much a fighter with those disadvantages can do no matter how skilled he is. You are talking as if Shaq has no experience vs a guy who does have experience. In that scenario, the experienced and skilled fighter will win. But if both have trained and both are skilled fighters, then the size and strength do become a huge factor.
God you are the most retarded person I've ever come across.

I'm 100 percent sure you've never trained a day in your life, you have much knowledge of the fight world as Holly Madison has in quantum physics, nothing.

Fedor - Laker
07-17-2009, 03:02 PM
This Topic is up for debate.

Nobody can really predict what would happen if this fight went down.

Brock's MMA skill is not the best and he relies on his size/strength/agility and it might not work on a guy with Shaq's size. Brock's stand up game is non-existant at this point of his MMA career as he has absolutley to technique at all. Brock's strog point is take downs and ground and pound. Shaq has apparently been training for MMA for the last 10 years. If Shaq can avoid the takedown, he might have a punchers chance. Lets not forget Shaq is very agile for a guy his size.

But as a betting man, I would put my money on Brock as he is younger and more experienced. Shaq is 37 years old and cannot even hold up for a whole season of basketball, how do you expect him to go through training and prep for the fight? And lets not forget that Brock fought a monster in his first fight as well. The Korean guy was like 7'3.

Oh yeah...To the poster who said Lashley is the only man that can beat Brock..Watch alittle more MMA before posting nonsense.

Oh please, Shaq can't even throw a proper right straight. Hell he cannot even fight, let alone fight professionally in MMA.

He's also been training in MMA for more than 10 years *remembers the Miller fight*, which is pathetic.

Fedor - Laker
07-17-2009, 03:06 PM
WHAT A TOOL. You do realize that the UFC HW's maximum weight for the HW division is 265 pounds right?

Shaq would have to cut more than 60 pounds just to make weight, and fight the next day after being totally dehydrated and burned out.

On top of that, I strongly doubt Shaq's skills. Brock would take Shaquille down and pound him out, it's not even a question.

It'll look something like the Bobby Lashley/Bobb Sapp fight.

heavensdevil
07-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Shaq is 7'2'' Brock is 6'3'' Shaq will kill him. Skills will only get u so far, but huge size difference will eventually overwhelm

:no: , Shaq would get murdered. Just think about it. U dont remember that incident with Barkley?. Brock would smash dude, despite Shaq being so big. Brock has heavier hands and is a professional fighter.

GOBB
07-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Its funny how some kids think Shaq is invincible.

flipogb
07-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Im not even sure he can beat Hong Man Choi , let alone Lesnar

ErhnamDjinn
07-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Btw : There basically making fun of all the comments on this thread in this forum

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/hilarious-brock-lesnar-vs-shaq-basketball-forum-1015155/index2.html

Calling posters like Showtime dumbasses.

cavsfanatic
07-17-2009, 03:53 PM
I think shaq would get annhiliated. One thing for sure is they both would kill me with one punch

Butters
07-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Btw : There basically making fun of all the comments on this thread in this forum

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/hilarious-brock-lesnar-vs-shaq-basketball-forum-1015155/index2.html

Calling posters like Showtime dumbasses.

Well,they have a point,anyone who thinks Shaq would last more than 1 round,let aloen win have a screw loose.

Juges8932
07-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Haha, I post in Sherdog too. About the response I expected, but that forum is littered with morons as well, probably moreso than this one, shockingly.

Godfather
07-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Assuming he doesn't have to make weight, I think Shaq would proper training would beat him.

Juges8932
07-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Assuming he doesn't have to make weight, I think Shaq would proper training would beat him.

Shaq would have to cut 60 lbs, at his age, would be near impossible, and even if he did manage to do it, he would be weakened considerably. Lesnar's wrestling is amazing and he would shoot low and get Shaq deep and there would be nothing Shaq could do to stop it. His only shot would be catching Lesnar on the feet by pressuring him at first, but even then, there are so many questions of his punching power, technique, and ability to take punches himself, all the while being able to keep his distance to prevent the TD. Even if they make a catch-weight fight for whatever reason at >265 lbs, Shaq would still end up having to cut, and Brock's skill-set would be too much for Shaq. He'd need to train for a looooong time seriously, not just summer keeping in shape stuff. Brock's positioning on the ground just keeps getting better and better, as evident in the Mir fight.

ILballa
07-17-2009, 05:45 PM
:oldlol: Brock would destroy him.

GOBB
07-17-2009, 05:57 PM

Just shows how clueless you really are.

Godfather
07-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Just shows how clueless you really are.
KK @sshole.

Brock was dancing in the WWE for years.

If he can pick up MMA fighting as quickly as he did others can too.

Juges8932
07-17-2009, 06:12 PM
KK @sshole.

Um Brock was a NCAA all-american wrestling champion. It's not like all he did was WWE and one day said I want to do MMA. He has arguably the best base to start MMA and is one of the best college wrestlers of the past decade.

GOBB
07-17-2009, 06:36 PM
KK @sshole.

:roll: You obviously have no clue about Brock before WWE.

RedBlackAttack
07-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Um Brock was a NCAA all-american wrestling champion. It's not like all he did was WWE and one day said I want to do MMA. He has arguably the best base to start MMA and is one of the best college wrestlers of the past decade.
I wouldn't go quite that far.

Brock would absolutely annihilate Shaq. Let me just get that out of the way before anyone thinks I am defending such a ridiculous stance. Shaq would stand about as much chance against Lesnar in the ring/octagon as Brock would in the post against O'Neal.

That said, while Lesnar had a nice wrestling career -- even borderline great -- he is not amongst the greatest collegiate wrestlers of the past decade.

G-train
07-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Im not even sure he can beat Hong Man Choi , let alone Lesnar

Hong Man Choi would end Shaq in 20 seconds. In fact he would probably break his arm with the first kick, cos Shaq would probably try to block it. Thats what would happen.
Shaq can't fight. Shaq has devoted his life to basketball. Sure he might train once a week or whatever. These fighters live to fight. Shaq wouldn't be able to take the punishment.
That said, if he trained properly for 3-4 years and dropped a heap of weight, he may be able to compete. But you could say that about most people. Its more likely shaq wins a ring with the Cavs, retires and blows out to 450 pounds.

G-train
07-17-2009, 07:16 PM
That said, while Lesnar had a nice wrestling career -- even borderline great -- he is not amongst the greatest collegiate wrestlers of the past decade.

this is true. A nice wrestling career, plus a mutant like strength/quickness/speed combination adds up to a great canvas for a ufc fighter.

RedBlackAttack
07-17-2009, 07:21 PM
this is true. A nice wrestling career, plus a mutant like strength/quickness/speed combination adds up to a great canvas for a ufc fighter.
It would have been very interesting to see Cael Sanderson in the octagon. You want to talk about THE best collegiate (and Olympic) wrestler of the past decade, look no further than Sanderson.

In fact, he stands alongside Dan Gable and Bobby Douglas as one of the greatest 'amateur' (I hate that word) wrestlers of all-time.

I have a feeling that, had he not decided to go into coaching, he would have dominated the world of MMA. The guy just refused to lose.

Juges8932
07-17-2009, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't go quite that far.

Brock would absolutely annihilate Shaq. Let me just get that out of the way before anyone thinks I am defending such a ridiculous stance. Shaq would stand about as much chance against Lesnar in the ring/octagon as Brock would in the post against O'Neal.

Yeah, you're right, I did exaggerate it some. I was just annoyed at the fact of how many people are unrealistic about how this fight would play out and how tough MMA really is.

fatboy11
07-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Haha, I post in Sherdog too. About the response I expected, but that forum is littered with morons as well, probably moreso than this one, shockingly.There's no "probably" about it.

Cyclone112
07-17-2009, 07:44 PM
No offense to the people thinking Shaq has a chance but you no nothing about MMA and Brock would absolutely annihilate Shaq. Brock is 280-285 pounds come fight time after rehydrating and he is extremely fast, strong and explosive. Even if Shaq did have a slight strength advantage(which I don't believe because that extra weight is spread out over nearly a foot height difference and he isn't a brick like Brock is at least right now) he is much slower and inexperienced. Brock would take Shaq down in a matter of seconds, mount him and pound him out as Shaq has no wrestling or BJJ experience. If Brock kept the fight standing even though he doesn't have great striking himself he still has better striking than Shaq. MMA back in 1993 might have been a brutal unskilled 1-dimensional sport but nowadays if you aren't at least good in all facets most opponents will be able to exploit that.

I hate Brock more than anyone after what he did last weekend after his fight with Frank Mir. He is horrible for the sport but unfortunately with his size, wrestling pedigree and the fact the Heavyweight division is the most undeveloped division in all of MMA along with the fact that the UFC doesn't have most of the best heavyweights I don't see many people challenging Brock in the near future. There are some fighters though that would pose a serious threat to Brock and those I listed below.

Fedor Emelianenko
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Fedor-Emelianenko-1500
Fedor has a record of 30-1 while the 1 loss came from an illegal elbow that cut him 20 seconds into the match so he is considered 30-0 which is unreal in the sport of MMA. It's rare for fighters to even reach 10-0. Fedor would destroy Brock on the feet and if he managed to get Fedor on the ground he wouldn't just lay there and take a beating like Frank did. I can go on and on about Fedor but here is a highlight for you to watch, it starts out a bit slow so you might want to skip 2 minutes if you don't want to watch the buildup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY&fmt=18

Shane Carwin
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shane-Carwin-14013
He is one inch taller than Brock and about 15-20 pounds light come fight time but he is a more skilled striker and a more skilled grappler while the wrestling could probably go either way and maybe a bit toward Brock do to his size and athleticism.

Alistair Overeem
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alistair-Overeem-461
He has a lot of losses to top fighters in the light-heavyweight division because most people think he cut too much weight which would gas him quickly in his fights. He has since moved up to heavyweight where he has thrived. He is 6'5" and now weighs 255 pounds with tons of experience taking out the number one ranked kickboxer last year as well as having plenty of submission wins under his belt.

Unfortunately two of the best heavyweights have hit a huge decline the last 1-2 years but I will list them anyways as if it was a few years ago they would definitely be the favorites against Brock.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogeuira
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Antonio-Rodrigo-Nogueira-1440
Better boxer and submission specialist, known for epic comebacks and pulling submissions out of his ass. Looks like he has been in a few too many wars and isn't the same anymore. Had a lot of injuries when he fought Frank Mir including a staph infection a week before the fight and he has never looked that terrible ever and would never have been finished like that especially to Frank Mir. If he comes back looking good against Randy Couture proving it was mostly injuries that made him look that awful against Frank then I will still favor him over Brock

Mirko CroCop
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mirko-Filipovic-2326
People are unsure of why he has looked so mediocre the last 2-3 years and think its a combination of lack of motivation, minor injuries, being in a cage instead of a ring and the fact that Fedor made a blueprint on how to beat him. He is known as the most lethal striker in MMA having a knockout highlight reel better than anyone else. He usually weight 220-230 pounds so he is much lighter but he had incredible speed, footwork and takedown defense for the heavyweight division and if Brock couldn't get Mirko down quickly he would most likely get picked apart very quickly. Many people will say well Brock is much bigger and a better wrestler but to get your hands on CroCop to get him down is no easy task.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs7u8INuE6c&fmt=18

You can make cases for other current MMA fighters but a 45 year old Randy Couture who is known to get beat down by bigger wrestlers isn't a good test. The same goes for Frank Mir who has lost all of his fights by ground and pound which is exactly how Brock beat him. Like I said before, Lesnar has come into MMA at a time where lots of the best heavyweights are in other divisions, some are out of there prime and on their way out and the heavyweight division in general doesn't have the same skill level as the lighter divisions.

JustinJDW
07-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Lol what the **** is this!?! Lesnar would destroy Shaq. Theres no contest. Lesnar is a beast! A ****ING BEAST!

thejumpa
07-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Question.....how can anybody in this thread doubt Shaqs MMA skills so much? I mean, if he has been training for 10 years (probably not super intense...but still, training), how the hell do you know Brock would destroy him?

I'm not sure how the fight would go but obviously Brock has the advantage because of his wrestling history and more than likely his body is in better shape than Shaqs at this point. But, to say Shaq will get destroyed makes no sense.

Oh, and if this fight every did actually happen....it would have to be with one-off weight restrictions. There is no way Shaq is going to cut 60 ****ing pounds to fight once...I say put them both at around 300 and see what happens.

Juges8932
07-17-2009, 07:56 PM
No offense to the people thinking Shaq has a chance but you no nothing about MMA and Brock would absolutely annihilate Shaq. Brock is 280-285 pounds come fight time after rehydrating and he is extremely fast, strong and explosive. Even if Shaq did have a slight strength advantage(which I don't believe because that extra weight is spread out over nearly a foot height difference and he isn't a brick like Brock is at least right now) he is much slower and inexperienced. Brock would take Shaq down in a matter of seconds, mount him and pound him out as Shaq has no wrestling or BJJ experience. If Brock kept the fight standing even though he doesn't have great striking himself he still has better striking than Shaq. MMA back in 1993 might have been a brutal unskilled 1-dimensional sport but nowadays if you aren't at least good in all facets most opponents will be able to exploit that.

I hate Brock more than anyone after what he did last weekend after his fight with Frank Mir. He is horrible for the sport but unfortunately with his size, wrestling pedigree and the fact the Heavyweight division is the most undeveloped division in all of MMA along with the fact that the UFC doesn't have most of the best heavyweights I don't see many people challenging Brock in the near future. There are some fighters though that would pose a serious threat to Brock and those I listed below.

Fedor Emelianenko
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Fedor-Emelianenko-1500
Fedor has a record of 30-1 while the 1 loss came from an illegal elbow that cut him 20 seconds into the match so he is considered 30-0 which is unreal in the sport of MMA. It's rare for fighters to even reach 10-0. Fedor would destroy Brock on the feet and if he managed to get Fedor on the ground he wouldn't just lay there and take a beating like Frank did. I can go on and on about Fedor but here is a highlight for you to watch, it starts out a bit slow so you might want to skip 2 minutes if you don't want to watch the buildup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY&fmt=18

Shane Carwin
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shane-Carwin-14013
He is one inch taller than Brock and about 15-20 pounds light come fight time but he is a more skilled striker and a more skilled grappler while the wrestling could probably go either way and maybe a bit toward Brock do to his size and athleticism.

Alistair Overeem
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alistair-Overeem-461
He has a lot of losses to top fighters in the light-heavyweight division because most people think he cut too much weight which would gas him quickly in his fights. He has since moved up to heavyweight where he has thrived. He is 6'5" and now weighs 255 pounds with tons of experience taking out the number one ranked kickboxer last year as well as having plenty of submission wins under his belt.

Unfortunately two of the best heavyweights have hit a huge decline the last 1-2 years but I will list them anyways as if it was a few years ago they would definitely be the favorites against Brock.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogeuira
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Antonio-Rodrigo-Nogueira-1440
Better boxer and submission specialist, known for epic comebacks and pulling submissions out of his ass. Looks like he has been in a few too many wars and isn't the same anymore. Had a lot of injuries when he fought Frank Mir including a staph infection a week before the fight and he has never looked that terrible ever and would never have been finished like that especially to Frank Mir. If he comes back looking good against Randy Couture proving it was mostly injuries that made him look that awful against Frank then I will still favor him over Brock

Mirko CroCop
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mirko-Filipovic-2326
People are unsure of why he has looked so mediocre the last 2-3 years and think its a combination of lack of motivation, minor injuries, being in a cage instead of a ring and the fact that Fedor made a blueprint on how to beat him. He is known as the most lethal striker in MMA having a knockout highlight reel better than anyone else. He usually weight 220-230 pounds so he is much lighter but he had incredible speed, footwork and takedown defense for the heavyweight division and if Brock couldn't get Mirko down quickly he would most likely get picked apart very quickly. Many people will say well Brock is much bigger and a better wrestler but to get your hands on CroCop to get him down is no easy task.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs7u8INuE6c&fmt=18

You can make cases for other current MMA fighters but a 45 year old Randy Couture who is known to get beat down by bigger wrestlers isn't a good test. The same goes for Frank Mir who has lost all of his fights by ground and pound which is exactly how Brock beat him. Like I said before, Lesnar has come into MMA at a time where lots of the best heavyweights are in other divisions, some are out of there prime and on their way out and the heavyweight division in general doesn't have the same skill level as the lighter divisions.

Good post. I also think AA could as well if he had that chance that Mir did on the feet. AA putting the pressure on striking is a whole different league than Mir and all those shots Mir missed, AA would hit, and with a lot more force. But if that failed, he would get taken down, most likely. I'm a bit biased, as I am a huge AA fan, but even though he hasn't looked too good as of late, I still think he could have that puncher's chance.

fatboy11
07-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Question.....how can anybody in this thread doubt Shaqs MMA skills so much? I mean, if he has been training for 10 years (probably not super intense...but still, training), how the hell do you know Brock would destroy him?

I'm not sure how the fight would go but obviously Brock has the advantage because of his wrestling history and more than likely his body is in better shape than Shaqs at this point. But, to say Shaq will get destroyed makes no sense.

Oh, and if this fight every did actually happen....it would have to be with one-off weight restrictions. There is no way Shaq is going to cut 60 ****ing pounds to fight once...I say put them both at around 300 and see what happens.Shaq hasn't been training for 10 years, man. He's probably had some BJJ classes and hired a Muay Thai trained a couple of times. Probably done some boxing. Seriously, it's Shaq. He hasn't been training. Dabbling in different areas a few times over the years doesn't = training. Training is consistent.

thejumpa
07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Shaq hasn't been training for 10 years, man. He's probably had some BJJ classes and hired a Muay Thai trained a couple of times. Probably done some boxing. Seriously, it's Shaq. He hasn't been training. Dabbling in different areas a few times over the years doesn't = training. Training is consistent.

Like I said, I don't think he has been training a consistent or hardcore 10 years but, in 10 years you should have learned something......not just some basic moves. Wouldn't you agree?

RedBlackAttack
07-17-2009, 08:02 PM

Oh, and if this fight every did actually happen....it would have to be with one-off weight restrictions. There is no way Shaq is going to cut 60 ****ing pounds to fight once...I say put them both at around 300 and see what happens.

It amazes me how people consistently underrate the amount of skill and natural athletic talent it takes to be a great high school/collegiate/Olympic wrestler or MMA fighter. There seems to be this prevailing thought that if a great athlete in another sport simply took the time to learn wrestling or MMA that they would be just as successful as they are in their sport of choice.

It doesn't work that way...

There are very few athletes that can compete on the elite level in multiple sports. I'm sorry, but I don't see Shaq as being one of those athletes, especially not in wrestling or MMA. Height can actually be a major disadvantage in wrestling/MMA, because it gives opponents a bigger target and, unless he has a great sprawl and hips (which we don't know), his long legs would make him very easy to take to the ground.

Shaq would get dominated by your local circuit MMA guys, in all likelihood... Forget elite guys like Lesnar and... *gulp*... Fedor. He wouldn't last 30 seconds. There are great collegiate wrestlers that have been studying hand-to-hand combat for their entire lives that wouldn't last a round with those guys.

This is just nonsensical and, frankly, a slap in the face to wrestling/MMA/etc.

fatboy11
07-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Like I said, I don't think he has been training a consistent or hardcore 10 years but, in 10 years you should have learned something......not just some basic moves. Wouldn't you agree?Yeah, probably, but nothing a serious pro MMA fighter couldn't easily brush off. There's nothing that Shaq's learned over the years that is going to worry a professional MMA fighter, especially one at the UFC level. The only thing they would be worried about was his size and strength.

But even then, a UFC fighter likely wouldn't have to worry about it because Shaq can't make 265 pounds, thus making him a super heavyweight and the UFC doesn't have that weight class. He'd be fighting people like Hong Man Choi, who would probably KO him.

Cyclone112
07-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Good post. I also think AA could as well if he had that chance that Mir did on the feet. AA putting the pressure on striking is a whole different league than Mir and all those shots Mir missed, AA would hit, and with a lot more force. But if that failed, he would get taken down, most likely. I'm a bit biased, as I am a huge AA fan, but even though he hasn't looked too good as of late, I still think he could have that puncher's chance.

AA definitely has the speed and KO power but I think Brock would eventually get it to the ground unfortunately. AA has shown good takedown defense though as Fedor couldn't get AA down so he might have a decent shot. I don't know if I've ever seen AA on his back though and I have a feeling it wouldn't be good but I know he has an underrated ground game because of his Sambo background.

I've always liked AA but he wasn't blessed with a good chin or even an average one at that. It really sucks that some people just have better chins then others when it's something you can't train or work on because I think AA would have a much better career if it wasn't for that. He would most likely have finished Tim Sylvia twice in a row instead of getting KO'd out of nowhere in their second fight when he had Sylvia beat. The third fight then wouldn't have happened and AA wouldn't have had that stretch of like 4 fights where he was extremely conservative and scared of being KO'd.

Brett Rogers laid down a mean combo on him but I think it was because he got rocked right away that he didn't defend well and got hit with the rest. If his chin was better he may have had his wits about him to defend and move away and therefore not getting KO'd as quickly. I haven't seen his earlier fights but if I recall correctly his first fight he shouldn't have lost but ended up getting KO'd. I never saw his fights with Ricco or Pedro but both of them were studs back then so I'd have to go back and watch those fights to find out what happened in them.

thejumpa
07-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, probably, but nothing a serious pro MMA fighter couldn't easily brush off. There's nothing that Shaq's learned over the years that is going to worry a professional MMA fighter, especially one at the UFC level. The only thing they would be worried about was his size and strength.

But even then, a UFC fighter likely wouldn't have to worry about it because Shaq can't make 265 pounds, thus making him a super heavyweight and the UFC doesn't have that weight class. He'd be fighting people like Hong Man Choi, who would probably KO him.

Hong Man Choi? That big ass Asian dude? I would love to see him get knocked out by Shaq lol....

You're right though.....there is no way Shaq could make 265.....which is why I suggest they fight at 300. That's more of a realistic cut for Shaq and not much of a bulk for Lesnar....

Shaq is more than likely a very strong person. Word is he put up 455 in his prime at 285....not sure if he could do it now but you see my point. I would be interested just to watch him fight some no-name just to shock people a little bit...

fatboy11
07-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Hong Man Choi? That big ass Asian dude? I would love to see him get knocked out by Shaq lol....

You're right though.....there is no way Shaq could make 265.....which is why I suggest they fight at 300. That's more of a realistic cut for Shaq and not much of a bulk for Lesnar....

Shaq is more than likely a very strong person. Word is he put up 455 in his prime at 285....not sure if he could do it now but you see my point. I would be interested just to watch him fight some no-name just to shock people a little bit...That "big ass Asian dude" is a K-1 kickboxer that's only been KO'd once in 24 bouts. The guy that KO'd him was Mighty Mo (hits like a ton of bricks). He's not a great kickboxer, but he's decent.

Trust me, Shaq would be the underdog in that fight.

thejumpa
07-17-2009, 08:15 PM
It amazes me how people consistently underrate the amount of skill and natural athletic talent it takes to be a great high school/collegiate/Olympic wrestler or MMA fighter. There seems to be this prevailing thought that if a great athlete in another sport simply took the time to learn wrestling or MMA that they would be just as successful as they are in their sport of choice.

It doesn't work that way...

There are very few athletes that can compete on the elite level in multiple sports. I'm sorry, but I don't see Shaq as being one of those athletes, especially not in wrestling or MMA. Height can actually be a major disadvantage in wrestling/MMA, because it gives opponents a bigger target and, unless he has a great sprawl and hips (which we don't know), his long legs would make him very easy to take to the ground.

Shaq would get dominated by your local circuit MMA guys, in all likelihood... Forget elite guys like Lesnar and... *gulp*... Fedor. He wouldn't last 30 seconds. There are great collegiate wrestlers that have been studying hand-to-hand combat for their entire lives that wouldn't last a round with those guys.

This is just nonsensical and, frankly, a slap in the face to wrestling/MMA/etc.

I'm not underrating anything....I've seen what Brock and any other professional MMA fighter can do...there is nothing to underrate lol.

I didn't say Shaq would become the next UFC champion...I'm just saying that underrating him makes no sense. Nobody here has seen him fight or knows his training routine (if he even has one). I don't think he would seriously challenge Brock or want to compete in MMA if he didn't think he had a legit chance to at least hang with him for a bit.....not get knocked out in 30 seconds. Then again, people tend to be a bit overconfident.

You really think Shaq would get dominated by my local MMA guys? Really?

BTW......Dana White is a slap in the face to MMA...the guy sounds like a jackass when he talks. I like watching the fights but can't stand to hear him talk..

thejumpa
07-17-2009, 08:18 PM
That "big ass Asian dude" is a K-1 kickboxer that's only been KO'd once in 24 bouts. The guy that KO'd him was Mighty Mo (hits like a ton of bricks). He's not a great kickboxer, but he's decent.

Trust me, Shaq would be the underdog in that fight.

I was joking around....I know who he is. The dude just looks funny as hell when he gets into the ring because he is so tall and awkward looking.....not a big fan of his. In fact, I loved watching Cro Cop and Fedor put it on him....

fatboy11
07-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I was joking around....I know who he is. The dude just looks funny as hell when he gets into the ring because he is so tall and awkward looking.....not a big fan of his. In fact, I loved watching Cro Cop and Fedor put it on him....Well, yeah, I don't think he has any business in MMA, but he's a decent kickboxer. I think he'd KO Shaq and I'm not sure Shaq would be able to do too much with him on the ground or give him anything standing that Choi hasn't seen before.

thejumpa
07-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Well, yeah, I don't think he has any business in MMA, but he's a decent kickboxer. I think he'd KO Shaq and I'm not sure Shaq would be able to do too much with him on the ground or give him anything standing that Choi hasn't seen before.

I like Shaq so I don't wanna see him get KO'ed but Choi definitely has age,skill,and overall body shape on his side more than likely....

Makes me wanna go watch kickboxing but my kickboxing channel is blocked.....****. I'm kinda tired of seeing MMA

RedBlackAttack
07-17-2009, 08:29 PM
You really think Shaq would get dominated by my local MMA guys? Really?
Your local circuit MMA fighters were probably excellent high school and/or collegiate wrestlers. We are talking former state champions and maybe guys that competed on the national level after HS. Again... You are underrating the kind of devotion and specialized skill it takes to become that good of a wrestler.

Remember... Wrestling doesn't have a professional outlet, other than MMA. There are a lot of really great collegiate wrestlers that can't make the cut on the elite level (UFC) and those are the kind of guys you will see on the local circuits. It is the minor leagues for really great high school/collegiate wrestlers (and fighters from other disciplines) that are trying to get to that elite level where you can make all the money.

My brother was a Division I-A collegiate wrestler. I know from experience what happens when a wrestler on that level sets their sights on your legs and go for a takedown. Only the most versed wrestlers can avoid being taken straight to their back, where you are at their mercy. On the local circuits -- depending on the city -- you are going to see guys like that.

What experience does Shaq have in actual competition when it comes to hand-to-hand combat? You can't replicate it in the gym when trainers are showing you the ropes or you are having a light sparring session. It only comes with getting out on the mat and having a guy in front of you that is using all of his tricks/strengths to take you out.

Experience is a huge factor... Shaq has none outside the gym. Your local successful MMA guys were probably excellent wrestlers in actual competition.

I'll just put it like this... Mark Coleman is well past his prime... That is a matchup that would make more sense for an aging Shaq. I highly doubt Shaq would get in the ring with a monster like Coleman and, if he did, it wouldn't last but a minute. We're talking about a guy that has devoted his life to one-on-one, hand-to-hand combat against a guy that dabbles from time-to-time.

Jinxed
07-17-2009, 09:20 PM
I can't believe you guys are feeding the trolls...

Shaq has as much chance as beating Lesnar in MMA as Lesnar has of beating Shaq in basketball.

DuMa
07-17-2009, 09:26 PM
shaq might not have completed some MMA training but he has at least some training in law enforcement. so he should know how to defend himself at least.

kobesabi
07-17-2009, 09:59 PM
shaq might not have completed some MMA training but he has at least some training in law enforcement. so he should know how to defend himself at least.
Good point. I haven't seen Shaq fighting, but I hope he doesn't "throw punches" like does in shooting "Free Throws".

I wonder what he's going to wear or be as if it does get setup...a jabbawocki?

kobesabi
07-17-2009, 10:03 PM
All Lesnar would have to do is go at his knees.

That's dirty... stirring up old pain.

As for Shaq, he could prob. just sit on Lesnar and win :lol
Then rap "Tell me Brock, how my azz taste?"

It looks like Shaq just visit the Shaolin monks in China. Maybe trying to get some Shaolin lessons?
http://twitpic.com/anu4z
http://twitter.com/THE_REAL_SHAQ

RedBlackAttack
07-17-2009, 10:25 PM
This is not boxing.
THis is a real fight we are talking about.

...another thing I don't understand...

People who are into MMA or boxing feel the need to put down the other in an effort to promote their sport of choice. Would Shaq stand a better chance in a boxing ring? Boxing is just as much a science as MMA.

Not real fighting? I suggest you get in a ring and beat someone using nothing but your hands before putting down said athletes.

A much smaller Ukrainian man, 6'0" 230lbs, would easily make either Lesnar or Shaquille look very very inept and weak in a real MMA fight:
Meh... Lesnar may give Fedor a decent bout. I don't think Brock could beat him, but I doubt he would look 'inept,' as you put it. I will agree that size means very little when it comes to elite MMA fighters... Otherwise, Bob Sapp would be the best of the best instead of a big laughing stock.

vinsane01
07-17-2009, 11:49 PM
I would pay good money to see this fight. Even though i know what's gonna happen. The people who thinks that shaq has a chance has little knowledge of mma. Not saying i know a lot about it, but think about this, Fedor beat up a 7 foot 2 experienced fighter with ease. This means sheer size doesnt automatically translate to victory. Ofcourse its an advantage to have a bigger body. But skill, technique, and years of experience is more of an advantage. Plus, lesnar isnt just an athlete who decided to fight, he has been fighting his whole life. He is a 4 time NCAA wrestling champion, if i remember correctly. Anyways, saying shaq has a chance is just a slap in the face to mma fighters. The only fighters i can think of that has a chance of humbling brock is fedor and carwin. That being said, i wanna see this fight! make it happen!! :lol

Fedor - Laker
07-18-2009, 12:41 AM
I have boxed and trained with amateur Boxers. It feels limiting, it never really feels like fighting, unless I can kick the dude in his legs, kick him in his ribs/head, or tackle him and ounch him or choke him on the ground.

Boxing feels artificial, both in it's limit of punches only, and in the fact that the gloves are so thick that when you punch with everything you have, you feel cheated, as if the man should be unconxscious like he would from a bareknuckle or isotoner punch.

Boxing, it is not really a true fight.
I like boxing, but boxing is not fighting, although Tyson, Frazier, Marciano and Foreman also seemed to be "fighters" that also happened to be "Boxers". Most of these new dudes just dance and Jab.

I have also trained MMA. And have a cousin who is 1-0 in professional MMA fighting. He won by armbar in <2min last month.

MMA is real fighting. Boxing is a little taste of real fighting.
ANd Shaq would lose in a boxing ring to Fedor just as quick.
Lesnar can't box so maybe shaq could win there, IDK, I remember seeing Shaq throw and it wasn't impressive.

Not quite as girly as Alonzo Mourning (girliest punch in NBA history), but not a fighter's punch either.

Bottom line is Shaq doesn't stand a chance in MMA, even if he trained, lifted heavy and hit the roids hard for the next year.

No you have it totally wrong. Boxing is fighting, it's just one aspect of fighting and one aspect of MMA.

JordanL
07-18-2009, 02:07 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Dana-White-Shaq-wants-to-fight-Brock-Lesnar-;_ylt=AjUI.N7BUGEZDY4rFNoXqiG8vLYF?urn=nba,176709

If it is setup, who do you think will win? Brock?

The UFC is not setup. Saying that just shows you've never watched it.

And asking this question also shows you've never watched it.

Brock will squash Shaq into a smudge.

EDIT:

And DULLAH knows WTF he's talking about. Fedor would cream either of them.

kobesabi
07-18-2009, 02:14 AM
The UFC is not setup. Saying that just shows you've never watched it.

And asking this question also shows you've never watched it.

Brock will squash Shaq into a smudge.

EDIT:

And DULLAH knows WTF he's talking about. Fedor would cream either of them.
You are right, I don't watch it much. I don't claim I watch or knows alot about it either. I used to watch WWF so I thought it was the same - I guess it is not like that. But it would be interesting or fun to watch Shaq fight or get beat up by a little mohawk.

bdreason
07-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Shaq doesn't want to fight Lesner.

GOBB
07-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Fedor would not cream Lesnar. But Shaq stands zero chance vs either.

And enough of dissing boxing. Boxing is not fighting? Comical. And i guess a "fighters" punch only exists in MMA and not boxing right? The new guys just jab and dance. Pardon me, what boxing just jab and dance again? I'll provide you with numbers so you can just place thier names next to it.

amfirst
07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I would pay good money to see this fight. Even though i know what's gonna happen. The people who thinks that shaq has a chance has little knowledge of mma. Not saying i know a lot about it, but think about this, Fedor beat up a 7 foot 2 experienced fighter with ease. This means sheer size doesnt automatically translate to victory. Ofcourse its an advantage to have a bigger body. But skill, technique, and years of experience is more of an advantage. Plus, lesnar isnt just an athlete who decided to fight, he has been fighting his whole life. He is a 4 time NCAA wrestling champion, if i remember correctly. Anyways, saying shaq has a chance is just a slap in the face to mma fighters. The only fighters i can think of that has a chance of humbling brock is fedor and carwin. That being said, i wanna see this fight! make it happen!! :lol

Shaq isn't some 7 footer *********, he is one of the greatest 7 footer athelete in the world. From my knowledge atheletes has the highest potential to be great in the octagon with the right training. And with his the advantage in size, he doesn't need excessive training like smaller guys to gain the advantage. He just need the x and o. Advoid arm and leg bars, and use brute force to overwhelm the opponent.

Eldrunko247
07-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Shaq is an idiot. He could hardly take a much smaller Barkley. Shaq would get mauled in MMA. I love it. I hope he gets in the ring. Only thing is, his fat ass needs to slim down to 265 to fight in the states. Something I doubt he can do.

GOBB
07-18-2009, 02:20 PM
I love how Shaq can just overcome the odds by training. So simple. Amazing how fans think Shaq can excel in other sports. Convinced people think Shaq would be an All pro football player if he trained to be. Again, so simple with Shaq.

amfirst
07-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Brock is known for using his brute force. Against Shaq it won't work because Shaq has the brute force.

However, is Brock skilled enough to make up for the size advantage? Nope, the dude is pure power and wrestling. Shaq has the reach advantage. Only way Brock can make up for that, is if he was a really good kickboxer to kick though the punches, but he is not, so Shaq would probably kill him.

It's like a 6'3'' fighter verses a 5'5'' fighter, who do u think is going to win.

Butters
07-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Brock is known for using his brute force. Against Shaq it won't work because Shaq has the brute force.

However, is Brock skilled enough to make up for the size advantage? Nope, the dude is pure power and wrestling. Shaq has the reach advantage. Only way Brock can make up for that, is if he was a really good kickboxer to kick though the punches, but he is not, so Shaq would probably kill him.

It's like a 6'3'' fighter verses a 5'5'' fighter, who do u think is going to win.
Shaq has been known to use..nothing.

If you honestly think Shaq can stand a chance,your far to gone for help.

Eldrunko247
07-18-2009, 02:54 PM

You obviously know nothing. Go find some Fedor fight videos kid and learn yourself something. Go look up the Genki Sudo vs Butterbean fight. Nog vs Bob Sapp. Go look up Royce Gracie. Early Vitor Belfort fights.

dnyk1337
07-18-2009, 02:56 PM

youre ****ing retarded. good job.

daballa13
07-18-2009, 03:00 PM

Except Shaq isn't a fighter, and Brock is. Brock is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY STRONGER THAN SHAQ!!!!!!!!!!!! Shaq is a dumb tool, isn't he an actor, police officer, basketball player, and now MMA fighter. What the **** makes you think this guy is taking it seriously, he probably surrounds himself with guys that make him feel good and tell him he's amazing, Brock would rape Shaq. Shaq is slow, doesn't know how to punch, and can't stop Lesnar from taking him down. You dumb mother****ing idiots actually think Shaq has a shot. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. This forum is full of dumb tools. Shaq doesn't know **** about BJJ, Lesnar just nullified a BJJ master in Frank Mir and Shaq is supposed to beat Lesnar because he has longer arms. Go **** yourself you dumb ****.

JordanL
07-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Fedor would not cream Lesnar. But Shaq stands zero chance vs either.

Fedor is pure destruction.

His only professional loss ever came in Japan as a TKO because the ref ruled that a cut on his face was bleeding too much.

He later fought the same person again, and knocked them the **** out.

The last time he fought the UFC heavyweight champion, (Syliva), the fight lasted 36 seconds.

Fedor would destroy pretty-boy Brock and his overhyped ass, but Brock would absolutely embaress Shaq.

kobesabi
07-18-2009, 04:08 PM

His only professional loss ever came in Japan as a TKO because the ref ruled that a cut on his face was bleeding too much.

The last time he fought the UFC heavyweight champion, (Syliva), the fight lasted 36 seconds.

Fedor would destroy pretty-boy Brock and his overhyped ass, but Brock would absolutely embaress Shaq.
Ok, I finally lookup Fedor record...it's impressive over Brock. Maybe that's why Shaq pick Brock since it's weaker record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_lesnar

DonDadda59
07-18-2009, 04:10 PM
People are making too much of the size advantage thing. If Charles Barkley can take down Shaq, Lesnar, a collegiate wrestling champion and physical freak, can take him down no problem. Also, Shaq has never been in a professional fight his entire life and he's pushing 40 years old. Brock is a pro and much younger. But to prove a point, look at Fedor's career against monster opponents (using him because Brock's career is young, not enough examples yet):

Fedor (6' 230lbs) vs Tim Sylvia (6'8" 260 lbs)
http://www.fighting-mma.com/images/afflicition-fedor-sylvia.jpg
Fedor vs Sylvia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWCaqbvYTP8)

Fedor vs Hong Man Choi (7'2" 330lbs)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mJ4lc_Q9Q6k/ScM3kvDZnkI/AAAAAAAAcxQ/mHzjyFGP5kQ/s400/fedor_vs_choi.jpg
Fedor vs Choi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QzX1ZadJM)

Fedor vs Semmy Schilt (7' 290 lbs)

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0429/mma_sd_schilt_576.jpg
Fedor vs Schilt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE5I5ckwpuw&feature=related)

All of these guys are world class, professional, highly trained fighters who happen to be gargantuan in size. Shaq is huge... but he's a basketball player, that in no way makes you ready to take on a world class fighter, no matter the size advantage.

Anyone thinking Shaq would win simply because he's bigger knows nothing about combat. He wouldn't last a round against most UFC heavyweights.

MIP1990
07-18-2009, 04:41 PM
That last pic was Semmy vs Big Nog. Just sayin.

DonDadda59
07-18-2009, 04:44 PM
That last pic was Semmy vs Big Nog. Just sayin.

I know, couldn't find one with just him and Fedor. Wanted to show just how f*cking big he is though.

Semmy's a former K-1 champion, world champion kickboxer and his size advantage amounted to sh*t against a better fighter. But damn near 40 Shaq who's never been in anything even vaguely resembling a real fight would beat the UFC champion...

MIP1990
07-18-2009, 04:55 PM
I know, couldn't find one with just him and Fedor. Wanted to show just how f*cking big he is though.

Semmy's a former K-1 champion, world champion kickboxer and his size advantage amounted to sh*t against a better fighter. But damn near 40 Shaq who's never been in anything even vaguely resembling a real fight would beat the UFC champion...

Yeah, Fedor could literally kill anyone he wants, by whatever he wants.

*To further emphasize the lulz of the size issue, I'd post a pic of Fedor vs Zulu, but I'm to busy with mah sledgehammer and tractor tire*

DonDadda59
07-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah, Fedor could literally kill anyone he wants, by whatever he wants.

*To further emphasize the lulz of the size issue, I'd post a pic of Fedor vs Zulu, but I'm to busy with mah sledgehammer and tractor tire*

I'm not busy at the moment :oldlol:

Fedor vs Zuluzinho (6'7" 400 lbs)

http://www.fcfighter.com/PICTURES/MISC/zuluzinho-armbar.jpg

Fedor Smashing Zulu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQjX6N7l13o)

MIP1990
07-18-2009, 05:07 PM
epic lulz

Finger Roll
07-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Lets just do some comparisons here:

Brock Lesnar-
UFC Heavy Weight Champion
2001 NCAA Division 1 Heavy Weight Wrestling Champ (106-5)

Shaquille O'Neal-
4 time NBA Champion
Black Belt in Shaq-Fu

But hey, Shaq is tall and big so he can fight!!

MBC2K4
07-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Lesnar would mame Shaq inside of about one minute, get a clue people. I'd love to see an old, fat, 7'1" guy with no wrestling experience try and stop a shot attempt from a former NCAA D1 heavyweight champion with Lesnar's size and strength.

OneMoreSucka
07-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Since this thread started as worthless and has gone nowhere ever since...

Why hasn't Fedor taken the jump to UFC like every other big fighter from Pride? I'm dying to see him dominate everyone.

The Big Skinny
07-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Since this thread started as worthless and has gone nowhere ever since...

Why hasn't Fedor taken the jump to UFC like every other big fighter from Pride? I'm dying to see him dominate everyone.

Contractual issues.

He will join UFC eventually...just be patient

amfirst
07-19-2009, 05:13 PM
UFC contract sucks. Once u sign with them, they get to dictate what u can and can't do. Your exclusive to only them only.

fatboy11
07-19-2009, 05:54 PM
UFC contract sucks. Once u sign with them, they get to dictate what u can and can't do. Your exclusive to only them only.You mean like.....when you sign an NBA contract?

I know we're talking about two completely different sports, but I mean.....is it that much different? Can you really blame the UFC wanting their fighters to be on exclusive contracts?

thejumpa
07-19-2009, 06:27 PM
You mean like.....when you sign an NBA contract?

I know we're talking about two completely different sports, but I mean.....is it that much different? Can you really blame the UFC wanting their fighters to be on exclusive contracts?

No, but you can blame Dana White and the UFC for not paying it's hard working athletes....I mean, seriously...1 million PPV buys and the largest payday is 400k?:roll: that is ****ing horrible....

I understand that the sport is still growing and paychecks will get bigger in the future but damn.....plus I can't stand how Dana White conducts himself. The guy is truly a one-of-a-kind jackass IMO. Fedor in the UFC is horrible....he'll fight Brock Lesnar first match in lol it's a shame

fatboy11
07-19-2009, 07:04 PM
No, but you can blame Dana White and the UFC for not paying it's hard working athletes....I mean, seriously...1 million PPV buys and the largest payday is 400k?:roll: that is ****ing horrible....

I understand that the sport is still growing and paychecks will get bigger in the future but damn.....plus I can't stand how Dana White conducts himself. The guy is truly a one-of-a-kind jackass IMO. Fedor in the UFC is horrible....he'll fight Brock Lesnar first match in lol it's a shameThat's just the reported salaries (what's in the contract). It's well known that there is undisclosed pay and it's been said that Lesnar will be making somewhere in the ball park of 3 mill for UFC 100. The top guys get a cut of the PPV and the UFC also gives out "locker room bonuses".

But I'd say that the lower level guys are definitely underpaid. They're still getting paid more than they would in most promotions, but that doesn't make it right. No fighter in the UFC should be making under 10k in disclosed pay.

OneMoreSucka
07-19-2009, 07:39 PM

I understand that the sport is still growing and paychecks will get bigger in the future but damn.....plus I can't stand how Dana White conducts himself. The guy is truly a one-of-a-kind jackass IMO. Fedor in the UFC is horrible....he'll fight Brock Lesnar first match in lol it's a shame
Fedor would still have to work his way to the top...it will just be a very very short route because of his dominance. :D

amfirst
07-19-2009, 07:43 PM
The thing is, u can make more fighting for someone else than the UFC. Fedor makes more fighting under a different league.

thejumpa
07-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Fedor would still have to work his way to the top...it will just be a very very short route because of his dominance. :D

Regardless of Lesnars skills........did he have to work his way to the top?

Fedor is ranked #1 by everybody across the world.....why would he need to work his way to the top?

OneMoreSucka
07-19-2009, 07:52 PM

Fedor is ranked #1 by everybody across the world.....why would he need to work his way to the top?
Because dana white is a prick :confusedshrug:

fatboy11
07-19-2009, 07:54 PM
The thing is, u can make more fighting for someone else than the UFC. Fedor makes more fighting under a different league.Wrong.

Even Fedor's management has admitted that the UFC offered them the most money.

But yes, some fighters can make more fighting outside the UFC, but the top guys make more in the UFC. Affliction pays their fighters very, very well, but that's going to put them out of business in the near future. I mean, they had a 3 million dollar payroll for their first show. There's no way you can succeed like that in the long run.

But if you're trying to say that most promotions pay more than the UFC, I'd have to say you were wrong. It is possible to get a higher pay day outside of the UFC, but there's a reason guys want to fight and stay in the UFC. And come back to the UFC if they get cut.

fatboy11
07-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Because dana white is a prick :confusedshrug:Dana White has already said Fedor would get an immediate title shot.

kobesabi
07-19-2009, 10:00 PM

On Yahoo sports, he's rank #2

Rankings
Fighter Rankings Affiliation Points
1. Georges St-Pierre (19-2) UFC 170pts
2. Fedor Emelianenko (30-1-1) Affliction 163pts
3. Anderson Silva (23-4) UFC 144pts
4. Miguel Angel Torres (36-1) WEC 122pts
5. Lyoto Machida (15-0) UFC 105pts
6. BJ Penn (13-5-1) UFC 85pts
7. Mike Brown (22-4) WEC 65pts
8. Quinton Jackson (30-7) UFC 49pts
9. Brock Lesnar (4-1) UFC 24pts
10. Rashad Evans (13-1-1) UFC 16pts
10. Dan Henderson (25-7) UFC 16pts

http://sports.yahoo.com/ufc;_ylt=AscAEnmvDMSi3ISwUwrMv2m8vLYF

ps: Fedor's fight against an American is up next Sat by the way. Shaq will be there taking notes. :D

Man most of these guys ears all looked jacked up from damaged blood vein vessel - probably their internal blood vessel is very similar.

Jinxed
07-19-2009, 10:09 PM
On Yahoo sports, he's rank #2

Rankings
Fighter Rankings Affiliation Points
1. Georges St-Pierre (19-2) UFC 170pts
2. Fedor Emelianenko (30-1-1) Affliction 163pts
3. Anderson Silva (23-4) UFC 144pts
4. Miguel Angel Torres (36-1) WEC 122pts
5. Lyoto Machida (15-0) UFC 105pts
6. BJ Penn (13-5-1) UFC 85pts
7. Mike Brown (22-4) WEC 65pts
8. Quinton Jackson (30-7) UFC 49pts
9. Brock Lesnar (4-1) UFC 24pts
10. Rashad Evans (13-1-1) UFC 16pts
10. Dan Henderson (25-7) UFC 16pts

http://sports.yahoo.com/ufc;_ylt=AscAEnmvDMSi3ISwUwrMv2m8vLYF

ps: Fedor's fight against an American is up next Sat by the way. Shaq will be there taking notes. :D

Man most of these guys ears all looked jacked up from damaged blood vein vessel - probably their internal blood vessel is very similar.

That's a pound for pound list. And GSP is a welterweight. Fedor is undisputed heavyweight kind and imo p4p as well.

Cyclone112
07-19-2009, 10:15 PM
That's a pound for pound list. And GSP is a welterweight. Fedor is undisputed heavyweight kind and imo p4p as well.

Seconded, the only reason one could argue GSP ahead of Fedor is because he has been fighting top competition ever since he stepped into the UFC while Fedor has been fighting less often and not always against top guys. But GSP has two blemishes on his record, the first being to the greatest welterweight of all time Matt Hughes(to be taken over by GSP if he hasn't already) and the second to an un-ranked lightweight in Matt Serra and that is where his biggest blemish is. Fedor is undefeated in 30 fights and he did clean out almost all the top heavyweights. GSP has fought and dominated better competition as of late but he does have losses on his record, 1 in which he definitely should not have had in the first place.

thejumpa
07-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Seconded, the only reason one could argue GSP ahead of Fedor is because he has been fighting top competition ever since he stepped into the UFC while Fedor has been fighting less often and not always against top guys. But GSP has two blemishes on his record, the first being to the greatest welterweight of all time Matt Hughes(to be taken over by GSP if he hasn't already) and the second to an un-ranked lightweight in Matt Serra and that is where his biggest blemish is. Fedor is undefeated in 30 fights and he did clean out almost all the top heavyweights. GSP has fought and dominated better competition as of late but he does have losses on his record, 1 in which he definitely should not have had in the first place.

Yeah......GSP is up there but I think it's a pretty much understood that Fedor is the Heavyweight king and arguably P4P.....

Either way, I'm not a fan of how UFC seemingly does business and don't want Fedor to go over there and get bamboozled lol......

mongePR(kb24)
07-20-2009, 01:33 AM
talking about MMA, watch this..

http://mma-hits.com/interviews/floyd-mayweather-mma-is-for-beer-drinkers/

thejumpa
07-20-2009, 01:42 AM
talking about MMA, watch this..

http://mma-hits.com/interviews/floyd-mayweather-mma-is-for-beer-drinkers/

If that is the interview I think it is......Floyd is right. He pisses off a lot of people with certain comments but....I agree with him.

rosonviyavong
07-20-2009, 01:45 AM
We got Fedor, Lashley, Shaq lined up too kick this guys asss and hopefully succeed

Eldrunko247
07-20-2009, 01:49 AM
If that is the interview I think it is......Floyd is right. He pisses off a lot of people with certain comments but....I agree with him.
PBF is a d'ouche. Maybe he should put his money where his mouth is and fight a MMA fighter. He knows he never will. That's why he talks so much crap. I dare him to fight BJ Penn.

thejumpa
07-20-2009, 01:54 AM
PBF is a d'ouche. Maybe he should put his money where his mouth is and fight a MMA fighter. He knows he never will. That's why he talks so much crap. I dare him to fight BJ Penn.

lol calm down brotha......

You dare him to fight BJ Penn? OK, let's see if BJ Penn gets in the ring with Mayweather......it's stupid both ways.

Eldrunko247
07-20-2009, 02:08 AM
lol calm down brotha......

You dare him to fight BJ Penn? OK, let's see if BJ Penn gets in the ring with Mayweather......it's stupid both ways.
BJ is not the one talking trash. PBF is.

thejumpa
07-20-2009, 02:24 AM
BJ is not the one talking trash. PBF is.

I don't think he meant he could whup anybodys ass in MMA at their own game though.....I'm not sure how you got that from the interview.

BTW that isn't talking trash...to many people, it's speaking the truth. Listen to how they talk about MMA on PTI....I like MMA but what he said was kinda right.

Eldrunko247
07-20-2009, 02:45 AM
I don't think he meant he could whup anybodys ass in MMA at their own game though.....I'm not sure how you got that from the interview.

BTW that isn't talking trash...to many people, it's speaking the truth. Listen to how they talk about MMA on PTI....I like MMA but what he said was kinda right.
The only thing he said was right was the money part. PBF has talked plenty of trash before. The guys on PTI are old out of touch nerdy white guys. What do they know? They occasionally have a minority here and there but they are also out of touch squares. Doesn't look like they've ever played a sport in their life so how can they relate?

Cyclone112
07-20-2009, 03:05 AM
Yeah......GSP is up there but I think it's a pretty much understood that Fedor is the Heavyweight king and arguably P4P.....

Either way, I'm not a fan of how UFC seemingly does business and don't want Fedor to go over there and get bamboozled lol......

I agree that Fedor is P4P until he loses which I hope he never does, it will be a sad day in MMA when he does.

After seeing Wanerlei, CroCop and Big Nog and others come over from PRIDE and look mediocre for whatever reasons I'm scared of how Fedor will look if he comes over. I'm confident he will still dominate but I think I would murder myself if he lost to Brock Lesnar of all people. I of course think it is highly unlikely he would but we all saw what Matt Serra did.

Lebron23
07-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Shaq is just fooling around.

DWade3
07-20-2009, 02:20 PM
SHAQ would not last 60 seconds with Brock.

thejumpa
07-20-2009, 02:48 PM
That's all fine and dandy once Dana removes the Champion clause from Fedor's contract.

All this other bullsh!t about stadiums and sambo and money are solved. Unless Fedor can fight in other leagues while holding the UFC belt, he won't sign the contract, and UFC will put the M-1 Global logo on the ring and on-screen graphics, this is not a problem.

The problem is once you win the championship, you can't leave, and you can't re-negotiate your contract. Fedor would be enslaved to the UFC for 2million per fight until he lost, which would be over 5 years from now, when he's old. And during that whole time, he couldn't fight in other organizations. Fedor ain't having that.

:applause:

As a fan of MMA.....I wouldn't want to see that bull**** either.

$2M per fight? Where the hell are you guys getting these numbers from? I've seen/heard anywhere from 300-500k....but never even $1M+.....

Doesn't matter.....I'm hoping Cro Cop gets whatever he lost back and fights Lesnar....now that would be a fight

Zan Tabak
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM

$2M per fight? Where the hell are you guys getting these numbers from? I've seen/heard anywhere from 300-500k....but never even $1M+.....

Doesn't matter.....I'm hoping Cro Cop gets whatever he lost back and fights Lesnar....now that would be a fight

Brock would just take him down and smother him. Cro wouldn't stand a chance.

DonDadda59
07-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Brock would just take him down and smother him. Cro wouldn't stand a chance.

Cro Cop is clearly past his fighting prime, but in his Pride days I think he could've taken Brock out. Would've been a great battle, but now it wouldn't be a contest.

Eldrunko247
07-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Cro Cop is clearly past his fighting prime, but in his Pride days I think he could've taken Brock out. Would've been a great battle, but now it wouldn't be a contest.
I don't think so. Crocop is still very dangerous to someone with as little skill and experience as Brock. Lesnar has not faced great competition. Herring is fodder and Mir is a bum half the time. He caught Randy, I give him that but Randy was clearly winning the fight up to that point. Randy is also a very small HW. Remember he fought at 205 as well. Plenty of HW's that can take out Lesnar.

DonDadda59
07-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't think so. Crocop is still very dangerous to someone with as little skill and experience as Brock. Lesnar has not faced great competition. Herring is fodder and Mir is a bum half the time. He caught Randy, I give him that but Randy was clearly winning the fight up to that point. Randy is also a very small HW. Remember he fought at 205 as well. Plenty of HW's that can take out Lesnar.

Oh, no doubt in my mind there's a few heavyweights that can take Brock out. I'm not buying the Kimbo-like hype. I just think Mirko's best days are behind him, but we'll see maybe he'll prove me wrong.

RandomBalla55
07-20-2009, 04:13 PM

It's because the reported salaries are not even CLOSE to what actual fighters make in the UFC. Then again, people like to complain about fighter salaries anyway, so whatever. Ironic that fighters in the UFC don't complain (and when they do, they get proven to be wrong when Zuffa busts out the numbers) but internet people like to.

Fedor would probably make $2 mill easy in the UFC. PPV cuts, sponsorships, bonuses, etc. Brock and GSP make a ****load of money per fight, not even including their base pay and just considering all the PPV cut that they get.

I would put a lot of cash on Brock Lesnar beating the **** out of the current Cro Cop. The 2006 OWGP Cro Cop, then no, Brock isn't gonna beat that guy. But the 2009 Mirko? Mirko would get mauled and it would look bad.

Drunko, Mirko is a small HW as well. He won't stop Brock's takedown and once he gets on the ground, he isn't getting up. And, Brock's competition may have been mediocre, but you tell me who can beat Heath Herring in their 3rd professional fight (perhaps beat is an understatement though, as Heath looked like he was hamburger meat after that fight), then beat Randy Couture in their 4th, and totally neutralize and dominate Frank Mir in a manner that no else has in his 5th.

Prodigy
07-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Shaq won't make it past 2 minutes. Those who say otherwise don't know anything about MMA. This is not a discussion. This is fact.

thejumpa
07-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Yeah I'm talking about a prime, healthy Cro Cop. I could see Lesnar ****ing around and just get caught slippin with a kick to the head....

Lesnar is a beast no doubt but I'm not a fan and believe he will be beaten soon enough...

BlazersDozen
07-20-2009, 04:29 PM

Sylvia wasn't the UFC Champion when Fedor destroyed him. Sylvia lost his belt by getting torn apart by Randy Couture like a year prior to the Fedor fight.

Which is another great example of the small guy getting the upper hand...

http://www.mmaroot.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/tim-sylvia-randy-couture-1-500x333.jpg

Couture = 6' 220lbs

Sylvia = 6'8" 263lbs

RandomBalla55
07-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Hey, Timmay sucks ass now.

Ray Mercer KTFO'd Timmay in 8 seconds. Maybe it was 10. Regardless, Timmay's fall from grace is quite epic, to the point where not even Affliction wants to pay him for his gross, overpaid contract.