PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Nate Robinson offered $10 million a year!!!!!

bagelred
07-18-2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/07182009/sports/knicks/walsh_lee_ry_of_david_ak_179977.htm

The Knicks will have trouble competing with Olympiakos' offer to fellow restricted free agent Nate Robinson. A source said the Greek team's offer is equivalent to $10 million a year, factoring in endorsements and merchandising.

Wow....$10 million a year......man, that's a lot of fill in Greek item of choice

Torious
07-18-2009, 10:35 AM
equivalent to $10 million a year, factoring in endorsements and merchandising

LTR. Would be surprised if he gets more then 3-4 mil from the team.

twolvesfan
07-18-2009, 10:35 AM
2010 greek league MVP: nate robinson:pimp:

Da KO King
07-18-2009, 10:36 AM
As long as he has a clause allowing him to return to the NBA if he wants Robinson should take the offer. Spend a year overseas, see if life over there suits him.

JG000
07-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Nate's not going overseas.

He's not bitchmade like Childress.

adamcz
07-18-2009, 10:37 AM
fill in Greek item of choice
Musaks!

Interminator
07-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Gyros.

Nate would be stupid to turn that down, espescially if he cant get anything more than the MLE.

adamcz
07-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Nate's not going overseas.

He's not bitchmade like Childress.
Why would going overseas make you... whatever you're trying to say it would make him?

Get paid a fortune to play the sport you love and experience another culture? Sounds like an unreal deal to me. If you wouldn't jump at an opportunity like that, I'd have to wonder what's wrong with your priorities.

ElPigto
07-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Why would going overseas make you... whatever you're trying to say it would make him?

Get paid a fortune to play the sport you love and experience another culture? Sounds like an unreal deal to me. If you wouldn't jump at an opportunity like that, I'd have to wonder what's wrong with your priorities.

Yep. I don't understand why anyone would turn down a deal like that. Live overseas a year or two. Experience the women, the food, etc. What's not to like?

bagelred
07-18-2009, 11:12 AM

That's what I said:

wang4three
07-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I'd definitely take it if I were him.

Shepseskaf
07-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Spend a year overseas, see if life over there suits him.
Agreed. Its a big world out there. Nate would probably be the best player to migrate across the pond if he decides to pursue this.

lakerfreak
07-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Wow....$10 million a year......man, that's a lot of fill in Greek item of choice

Dolmades!

brantonli
07-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Wow, what's up with the free agent market? Gordon, Villanueava and Varejo get paid, while Artest and Ariza get MLEs. Now Nate is getting 10 mil?

NBA4EVER
07-18-2009, 12:00 PM
he's not going overseas trust me...i talked 2 some dude who has friends that are close with nate robinson and they said that he wants to play in the NBA

ZaaaaaH
07-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Yea I talk to one of my boy who is close to Nate and he don't like the over sea life he really really like NY and playing there but he said the GM is a little biatch! Nate said he wants to prove he can be a top PG even with his height in NBA but 10 mil is tuff to give up and Euro women .... :rockon:

DoubleTech
07-18-2009, 12:10 PM
he's not going overseas trust me...i talked 2 some dude who has friends that are close with nate robinson and they said that he wants to play in the NBA

keep in mind that the 10 million he'd be getting is tax free. and the fact that the wealthier Euro clubs give their players cars to drive and awesome condo's to live in.

nate would need an NBA contract worth 15 mill per season to get close to the cash that europe is offering.

imdaman99
07-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Dont go Nate :( :( :(

NBA4EVER
07-18-2009, 12:14 PM
if nate stays in the nba, i GUARANTEE he will be an all star in about 2-3 years

he wants to stay in the NBA, doesnt matter if its in new york he just wants to play basketball

bagelred
07-18-2009, 12:15 PM

I spoke to a guy who's friends with a cousin of Nate' mailman's brother, who once knew a girl who's sister played tennis with a girl who temped at MSG four years ago.

He says Nate's going to Greece.

NBA4EVER
07-18-2009, 12:16 PM
I spoke to a guy who's friends with a cousin of Nate' mailman's brother, who once knew a girl who's sister played tennis with a girl who temped at MSG four years ago.

He says Nate's going to Greece.

that was funny :applause:

bagelred
07-18-2009, 12:23 PM
that was funny :applause:

I gots my sources.

boozehound
07-18-2009, 01:14 PM
if nate stays in the nba, i GUARANTEE he will be an all star in about 2-3 years

he wants to stay in the NBA, doesnt matter if its in new york he just wants to play basketball
uh, ok. Cause hes just breaking in right? Nates at the peak of his game right now

NBA4EVER
07-18-2009, 01:15 PM
uh, ok. Cause hes just breaking in right? Nates at the peak of his game right now

no way he is in the peak of his game, i believe he can still get better....also remember he is coming off the bench, imagine how much better he would be if he was starting

LJJ
07-18-2009, 01:24 PM
keep in mind that the 10 million he'd be getting is tax free. and the fact that the wealthier Euro clubs give their players cars to drive and awesome condo's to live in.

nate would need an NBA contract worth 15 mill per season to get close to the cash that europe is offering.
I'm sure that when it says "the Greek team's offer is equivalent to $10 million a year", that already takes into account the tax difference.

Gundress
07-18-2009, 02:14 PM
I would take that deal if I were him. He would be stupid if he turns down.

I might be dumb, what does MLEs stand for?

LJJ
07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I would take that deal if I were him. He would be stupid if he turns down.

Mid Level Exception.

beasted86
07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
MLE = mid-level exception, which is $5.8 million

b4ball
07-18-2009, 02:36 PM
That punk won't go to Europe, he'll need a lot more money to do that.

$10 mil isn't enough to bring his hood with him to bail his punk ass out of the trouble he'll get himself into. Though I think Stern would gladly help to send his ass out of the NBA.

johndeeregreen
07-18-2009, 02:44 PM

You'd have to think that the dream for these guys growing up wasn't to play in Greece; it was to play in the best basketball league in the world (and still make a boatload of cash doing it, I might add). Obviously that doesn't matter to people like Childress, who don't mind making themselves completely irrelevant in order to make a few more bucks than he could be making in the A.

Oh, and I hope he takes it. If I never hear Nate Robinson's name associated with NBA basketball again it will be too soon.

halffttime
07-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Wow....$10 million a year......man, that's a lot of fill in Greek item of choice spaghetti! :lol :oldlol: :D :rolleyes: :lol

OneMoreSucka
07-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Gyros.

Nate would be stupid to turn that down, espescially if he cant get anything more than the MLE.
Gtfo the best gyros are right on the corner of 48th and 3rd

drewdizzle
07-18-2009, 04:49 PM
He won't be missed by me

JG000
07-18-2009, 05:06 PM

It's pure greed. Don't act like Josh Childress wasn't already making a handsome salary, or that he wasn't already playing with the best in the world.

Dance around it all you want, but Childress abandoned the life long dream of every kid who ever shot a basketball just to earn a few more million dollars and increase his negotiating power.

Screw him.

CarpeDiemKJ
07-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Nate would beast in that free setting in Europe.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Damn...I hope the Knicks re sign Nate

shawbryant
07-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Is the deal done?

b4ball
07-18-2009, 05:20 PM
It's pure greed. Don't act like Josh Childress wasn't already making a handsome salary, or that he wasn't already playing with the best in the world.

Dance around it all you want, but Childress abandoned the life long dream of every kid who ever shot a basketball just to earn a few more million dollars and increase his negotiating power.

Screw him.

Atlanta has been a mess for several years. If Childress was with another team he likely would never have left for Europe. I think he's getting away from a bad franchise that's a mess and that fan's won't support.

To suggest that leaving for Europe is nothing more then chasing money is wrong. Europe can be a very attractive place to play. Just getting away from the closed loop that is the USA can be a good thing.

NBA4EVER
07-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Is the deal done?

NO

adamcz
07-18-2009, 07:17 PM

Screw him.
Where do you work? Whatever industry you work in, is your employer the absolute #1 around? Are employees of Dell/HP/Gateway all sellouts who should quit and try to work for Apple for half the salary? If you had to choose between being the CEO of Under Armor or a rank and file employee (still making a good salary) at Nike, which would you choose?

Lakas Fan Yo
07-18-2009, 07:32 PM
2010 greek league MVP: nate robinson:pimp:

Just like Pargo and Childress were supposed to be the 2009 Greek League MVPs right? Neither even got a single vote.

Lakas Fan Yo
07-18-2009, 07:37 PM

Screw him.

Childress himself said after he stayed with Olympiacos that the level in Europe is way above what US fans and media say it is. He said there is barely a little bit of difference from the level of the NBA and that it's just nonsense that sports fans in the US say and they don't know anything about basketball in general.

This is supported by the fact the he said the defense was much tougher than it is in the NBA.

Lakas Fan Yo
07-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Nate would beast in that free setting in Europe.

No he would not. Last summer NBA fans guaranteed that:

Pargo, Childress, Krstic, Giricek, Boykins, Delfino, Nachbar, Arroyo, Garbajosa would all "dominate Europe".

Well actually every single one of them had a failure season except Delfino and Garbajosa. Actually some of them were downright horribly bad.

NBA fans in general still live 10 years in the past in the basketball world. An NBA player at the level of Robinson would never in a million years be a beast in Europe. He would be an undersized shooting guard that can't run a team or play defense. He would be the same exact thing he is in the NBA and nothing more.

goldenryan
07-18-2009, 08:15 PM
how a can a team that plays in arena 1/3 the size of any nba team offer so much money and play childress too?:wtf:

NBA4EVER
07-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Damn...I hope the Knicks re sign Nate

i dont think the knicks want nate robinson back :ohwell:

JG000
07-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Atlanta has been a mess for several years. If Childress was with another team he likely would never have left for Europe. I think he's getting away from a bad franchise that's a mess and that fan's won't support.

To suggest that leaving for Europe is nothing more then chasing money is wrong. Europe can be a very attractive place to play. Just getting away from the closed loop that is the USA can be a good thing.

Atlanta was the 8th seed that year and took the Celtics to seven games. He was playing with a perennial all-star and one of those most exciting dunkers in the league. They were winning games. They're clearly a team on the rise with a lot of young talent. Even if Childress was on the Thunder, he needs to just shut up and play.

Childress himself said after he stayed with Olympiacos that the level in Europe is way above what US fans and media say it is. He said there is barely a little bit of difference from the level of the NBA and that it's just nonsense that sports fans in the US say and they don't know anything about basketball in general.

This is supported by the fact the he said the defense was much tougher than it is in the NBA.

He can spin it however he wants, fact remains that he signed with Olympikos for a better check. It actually p1sses me off more when he acts like he took some sort of higher road to challenge himself and improve his game.

He's greedy and doesn't care about the fans. I repeat, screw him.

Grinder
07-18-2009, 09:38 PM
No he would not. Last summer NBA fans guaranteed that:

Pargo, Childress, Krstic, Giricek, Boykins, Delfino, Nachbar, Arroyo, Garbajosa would all "dominate Europe".

Well actually every single one of them had a failure season except Delfino and Garbajosa. Actually some of them were downright horribly bad.

NBA fans in general still live 10 years in the past in the basketball world. An NBA player at the level of Robinson would never in a million years be a beast in Europe. He would be an undersized shooting guard that can't run a team or play defense. He would be the same exact thing he is in the NBA and nothing more.

Boykins most certainly did not have a failure of a season, he averaged 15 points and 4 assists a game on 46% shooting in Serie A and was top 10 in points and assists. His team finished in fourth place and that's pretty good considering Keith Langford was the second best on the team.

Childress struggled initially but was the best player for Olympiacos during the A1 finals and the EL final 4. Giricek was injured most of the season, Pargo was great for Dynamo but came to Olympiacos too late to learn the system, Krstic didn't get paid what he was promised so he didn't give two ****s about Triumph, and Arroyo was the MVP of the BSL regardless of how badly Maccabi did.

Then again, trying to reason with a dude who thinks Pekovic is far better than Pau Gasol is probably wasting my time. :oldlol:

imdaman99
07-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Gtfo the best gyros are right on the corner of 48th and 3rd
I thought it was 53rd and 6th.

KBryant24
07-18-2009, 10:07 PM
At least he would be going to the best team in the best league in europe.

b4ball
07-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Atlanta was the 8th seed that year and took the Celtics to seven games. He was playing with a perennial all-star and one of those most exciting dunkers in the league. They were winning games. They're clearly a team on the rise with a lot of young talent. Even if Childress was on the Thunder, he needs to just shut up and play.

He's greedy and doesn't care about the fans. I repeat, screw him.

The team has been OK, the organization a mess. But nothing will convince you that Childress did nothing more then chase money. And that's OK. It's kind of the typical narrow-mindedness that's expected of a puritanical society that believes there

catzhernandez
07-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Holy cheesus crust!!

JG000
07-18-2009, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=b4ball]The team has been OK, the organization a mess. But nothing will convince you that Childress did nothing more then chase money. And that's OK. It's kind of the typical narrow-mindedness that's expected of a puritanical society that believes there

OneMoreSucka
07-18-2009, 11:05 PM
I thought it was 53rd and 6th.
Next time I'm here I'll let you know

bada bing
07-18-2009, 11:22 PM
let him go there. maybe after being there he will come back more humble and ready to play the damn game. Right now he is just a rotten angry little man child.

D.J.
07-18-2009, 11:32 PM
let him go there. maybe after being there he will come back more humble and ready to play the damn game. Right now he is just a rotten angry little man child.

It is not that he is rotten or angry. He is young, brash, a bit arrogant, and needs to mature. He is a talented player and has a lot of potential, but he also makes stupid decisions. Going to another country to play may humble Nate. It might make him a better person.

magnax1
07-19-2009, 12:18 AM
I wonder if he would fit in on that type of team. Hope they show alot of his euroleague games on NBA tv.

NBA4EVER
07-19-2009, 12:33 AM
I wonder if he would fit in on that type of team. Hope they show alot of his euroleague games on NBA tv.

doubt it...thats why its called NBA TV

but anyway i hope nate get signed by some team soon, its pretty obvious knicks dont want him back :rolleyes:

magnax1
07-19-2009, 12:35 AM
doubt it...thats why its called NBA TV

but anyway i hope nate get signed by some team soon, its pretty obvious knicks dont want him back :rolleyes:
They had a bunch of euroleague games on there last year..... incase you didn't know. I didn't see any former NBA players on the teams though, I did see Rubio play for about three minutes though lol, he was injured so he didn't play much.

NBA4EVER
07-19-2009, 12:44 AM
They had a bunch of euroleague games on there last year..... incase you didn't know. I didn't see any former NBA players on the teams though, I did see Rubio play for about three minutes though lol, he was injured so he didn't play much.

really? i never knew they broadcast euroleague games. well since nate's my favorite player, if he goes overseas guess im gonna be watching a bunch of euroleague games next year....great :lol

JG000
07-19-2009, 12:49 AM

I watched the Euroleague games on NBA TV a few times myself.

Igor Rakocevic shoots LIGHTS OUT, my god. It's a shame he never panned out after the T-Wolves drafted him, because he seems like he should definitely be on an NBA roster. Guy doesn't miss.

booonkers
07-19-2009, 05:46 AM
Wish he doesn't go away. NBA needs energy guys like him and to show that size shouldn't matter.

RainierBeachPoet
07-19-2009, 07:27 AM

Screw him.

except for the superstar guys at the end of their careers who have maxed out of their contract negotiating power,

every nba player looks to get the biggest contract they can find

the x-factor with going to europe is the lifestyle change. for some, it could negatively affect their game on the court

if nate can get $10 mill, he would be a fool to pass it up. he can always return to the nba if the conditions arent to his liking

godofgods
07-19-2009, 08:02 AM
He won't go. His stupid hood antics won't survive there.

LJJ
07-19-2009, 08:43 AM
He won't go. His stupid hood antics won't survive there.
Oh please, it's not so bad.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff57/ljjtellsavision/nate-robinson.gif

laalaa
07-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah well those "hood antics" wont take him too far. African american culture has no place in Europe, africans have their communities but thats it. Stupid **** like that will get you in trouble, one way or another with the law and outlaws.

Lakas Fan Yo
07-19-2009, 10:56 AM
how a can a team that plays in arena 1/3 the size of any nba team offer so much money and play childress too?:wtf:

Olympiacos arena is about 15,000-16,000 capacity how is that 1/3 the size of any NBA arena? or are you just perpetrating another one of the huge myths that NBA fans make up about the Euroleague?

This is the Olympiacos arena.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Olympiacos_Euroleague_SEF2009.JPG

http://www.biossol-c-t.gr/gr/images/stories/tribunes/12_05.jpg

Lakas Fan Yo
07-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Boykins most certainly did not have a failure of a season, he averaged 15 points and 4 assists a game on 46% shooting in Serie A and was top 10 in points and assists. His team finished in fourth place and that's pretty good considering Keith Langford was the second best on the team.

Childress struggled initially but was the best player for Olympiacos during the A1 finals and the EL final 4. Giricek was injured most of the season, Pargo was great for Dynamo but came to Olympiacos too late to learn the system, Krstic didn't get paid what he was promised so he didn't give two ****s about Triumph, and Arroyo was the MVP of the BSL regardless of how badly Maccabi did.

Then again, trying to reason with a dude who thinks Pekovic is far better than Pau Gasol is probably wasting my time. :oldlol:

What is this revisionist history? Boykins had possibly the worst playoffs in Italian league history and was cut from the team. The GM of the team said he was never so disgusted with any player ever. The fans were ready to kill him he so awful.

LMFAO at Childress being the best player in the Greek finals and Euroleague final four.

He shot 21-56 in the Greek league finals and 1-10 in the close out game. Anyone can look at the Euroleague final four stats and see that CLEARLY Bourousis was the best player of Olympiacos in the final four.

Pargo was a HORRIBLE SCRUB. He began as the starter at Olympiacos, then was benched, then dropped from the rotation, then cut from the team because he was so awful, as the team's 3rd and 4th string point guards constantly outplayed him.

Arroyo was the MVP of the BSL? Wow, what an amazing accomplishment. He was the MVP of the #20 ranked regional league in Europe. Hot damn, what a season he had.:rolleyes:

Some NBA fans are an absolute joke with their constant lies about European basketball.

Lakas Fan Yo
07-19-2009, 11:03 AM
At least he would be going to the best team in the best league in europe.

You mean the second best team. Panathinaikos has won something like 15 out of the last 19 Greek titles. Robinson is considering joining Olympiacos, not Panathinaikos.

loot
07-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah well those "hood antics" wont take him too far. African american culture has no place in Europe, africans have their communities but thats it. Stupid **** like that will get you in trouble, one way or another with the law and outlaws.

African American culture has no place in Europe? Hiphop music, Jazz musicSoul music and their artists love to come to Europe because it's so popular here. 'Urban' couture is selling massive units in Europe. Kids listen to African American artists all day, it's almost all there is on the major music channels here.

Africans have their communities? Carribean, South American (Suriname for example), African people have a pretty big influence on every day live in most Western European countries. Have you ever been there??

And what exactly did you mean with "**** like that will get you in trouble, one way or another with the law and outlaws" ?

LJJ
07-19-2009, 11:34 AM
The Outlaws loot. They don't take kindly to people like Nate.

http://www.reddellstory.net/Jesse%20James/Jesse-james-&-group.jpg
(http://www.reddellstory.net/Jesse%20James/Jesse-james-&-group.jpg)

loot
07-19-2009, 12:12 PM
The Outlaws loot. They don't take kindly to people like Nate.

http://www.reddellstory.net/Jesse%20James/Jesse-james-&-group.jpg
(http://www.reddellstory.net/Jesse%20James/Jesse-james-&-group.jpg)

Ah... THOSE outlaws, those Czech bastards.

wang4three
07-19-2009, 12:15 PM
All these people hating Nate cause he has character. He doesn't get into off court trouble, his teammates and coaches all love him.

I don't get the fascination with players wanting robots for athletes these days.

b4ball
07-19-2009, 01:33 PM
All these people hating Nate cause he has character. He doesn't get into off court trouble, his teammates and coaches all love him.

I don't get the fascination with players wanting robots for athletes these days.

I don't get your fascination for black smurfs. The blue ones have much better character.

Kevin_Gamble
07-19-2009, 01:35 PM

Screw him.

So why should Robinson or Childress make life decisions based on life long dream of some kids who can't play basketball as well as he can? Should basketball players poll bunch of random nobodies for their career choices?

And 'few more million dollars'? Are you serious?

LakersLaLaLand
07-19-2009, 01:45 PM
2 days later...still...breaking news?

wang4three
07-19-2009, 02:25 PM
I don't get your fascination for black smurfs. The blue ones have much better character.
smurferation, sumerferation, and smurf.

MiseryCityTexas
07-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Yep. I don't understand why anyone would turn down a deal like that. Live overseas a year or two. Experience the women, the food, etc. What's not to like?

nate would be smart going overseas, especially since today's GMs frown on combo guards like nate robinson. (see allen iverson, dejuan wagner, ben gordon's contract dispute with chicago years ago).

NBA4EVER
07-20-2009, 01:31 PM
i dont understand much difference between nate robinson and kevin garnett. sure KG is a better player, but he runs around the court screaming his head off also. he always starts fights with people

now how come everybody says nate robinson wont be a good player because of his "hood antics?"

kevin garnett screams more than nate robinson http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01Bc5Vx9Jx8y7/610x.jpg

and always tries to start **** with other players
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0428/nba_g_garnett_hawks_412.jpg
http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/assets_c/2009/04/hatehatehatehatehate-thumb-500x507-9769.jpg
http://nbcsportsmedia4.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050114/050114_nuggets_hmed_10p.hmedium.jpg
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/12/12/weekly.countdown/kevin-garnett-jose-calderon.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0205/nba_g_garnett2_288v.jpg