PDA

View Full Version : Clippers to trade Quentin Richardson to Timberwolves for Sebastian Telfair, M.Madsen

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Q Rich traded 3 times. Don't unpack your bags

The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired guard Sebastian Telfair, forward Craig Smith and forward Mark Madsen from the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for forward Quentin Richardson.
Richardson, who was re-acquired by the Clippers in a trade with Memphis on July 17, joins his fifth NBA team in the Timberwolves.
“We are really excited to add these three players to our team,” Clippers General Manager and Head Coach Mike Dunleavy said. “This move really gives some much needed depth.”

Yung D-Will
07-20-2009, 03:17 PM

I know Q Rich( The poster) Is mad lol

TruthKGRay3412
07-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Link?

beasted86
07-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Is that an NBA offseason record?

kingmob
07-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Madsen is still in the league? LOL.

Telfair and Smith are decent bench players, and since Clippers have the worst luck, depth is good for them.

rosonviyavong
07-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Telfair !!!!

dr8ked
07-20-2009, 03:21 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: Qrich being moved around

twolves4lyfe
07-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Can I see a source? Also I hate to see Mad Dog go even though he didn't do ****. He was just a beast. But Telfair and Smith aren't needed anymore since we got Flynn and possibly Rubio and we have a bunch of good big men.

rosonviyavong
07-20-2009, 03:23 PM
New York > Memphis > L.A > Minnesota

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-20-2009, 03:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-clipstrade072009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Mr_Basketball#1
07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah they really need to stop trading my boy Telfair. I guess that means Iverson won't be signed now huh?

Dasher
07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Oh snap! The Cookie Monster is in LA now. Thank Beelzebub he is not in Minny anymore. What does Bassy in LA say about Mike Taylor's future in Clipperland?..........

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Can I see a source? Also I hate to see Mad Dog go even though he didn't do ****. He was just a beast. But Telfair and Smith aren't needed anymore since we got Flynn and possibly Rubio and we have a bunch of good big men.

A Bunch of good big men? Besides Al Jefferson and Kevin Love, who are you talking about?

boozehound
07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
so excited about it you started 2 threads huh? Couldnt wait to get it out there.

meh, doesnt really do much for either team. I guess Q will see plenty of time in Minny

Mr_Basketball#1
07-20-2009, 03:29 PM
so excited about it you started 2 threads huh? Couldnt wait to get it out there.

meh, doesnt really do much for either team. I guess Q will see plenty of time in Minny
If he isn't bought out.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-20-2009, 03:29 PM

Have no clue why it did that. But, yeah i'm thrilled :rolleyes:

goldenryan
07-20-2009, 03:34 PM
50% of the games will be personal this year for q rich because he's going to be playing against a former team or a team that traded him away.:roll:

BlazersDozen
07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Three players for Q-Rich?

He's not that valuable.

dab0yech0
07-20-2009, 03:36 PM
WTF??????

Craig Smith is ok but now we have

Kaman Jordan
Griffin Camby Smith

We should have just kept Qrich to play behind Thornton. Also Telfair will take away minutes from Mike Taylor. WTF Dunleavy pissin me off like always

beasted86
07-20-2009, 03:38 PM
I now want Minny to trade Q-Rich to Miami for Mark Blount. Then Miami to trade Q-Rich to Sacramento for Kenny Thomas, then Sacramento to trade Q-Rich to another team, and so on

It'll be an inside joke amongst GMs :oldlol:

Mr_Basketball#1
07-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Telfair will eventually be the starter because Baron Davis can't stay healthy for sh*t.

Da Ballahollic
07-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Nice trade for the Clips.

I've always liked Telfair and Craig Smith is a quality big when he gets PT.

Mgamer20o0
07-20-2009, 04:08 PM
welcome back to LA Madsen.

Darius
07-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Q-Rich is basically done, apparently so I like the trade.

Craig Smith is a solid 8th man rotation player, Madsen is a good locker room guy, Telfair is a decent backup PG.

We needed depth so something for nothing ain't bad... the only negative is Telfair has a PO for $2.3m next year that will cut into our cap space.

dab0yech0
07-20-2009, 04:09 PM
welcome back to LA Madsen.

Craig Smith too he was a legend at Fairfax HS

bagelred
07-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Wow, this really sucks for Quentin. First, traded to Memphis, sells New York home, buys Memphis home, moves all his stuff to Tennessee....]

Immediately traded to L.A. Sells Memphis home. Buys L.A. home, moves all his stuff to L.A.

Now he has to move AGAIN. Sell another home. Move all his stuff to Minnesota. He must be completely exhausted.

DuMa
07-20-2009, 04:12 PM
is this the most times a player has been traded in the offseason?

MK2V1GP
07-20-2009, 04:15 PM
LOL. That's what that big-mouth punk gets. Going from one sucky franchise to another. NY to Memphis to LAC to Minny. That's pretty much the bottom 4 franchises right now, one could say.

Now he needs to head to Milwaukee.

bagelred
07-20-2009, 04:19 PM
This is probably a move to clear out some roster spaces for Minnesota. 3 players for 1, clears up 2 roster spaces to make moves, sign Rubio, etc.

Conversely, this is a move to fill IN roster spaces for L.A., as now they have 3 players for 1, making same money, and don't have to get close to luxury tax.....

wang4three
07-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Despite being overhyped, I've liked the way Telfair has developed.

bagelred
07-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Six Degrees of Quentin Richardson

Al Thornton
07-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I feel bad for Q but I like Telfair being backup point and Craig Smith will be useful once one of the bigs gets injured.

qrich
07-20-2009, 04:57 PM
I know Q Rich( The poster) Is mad lol

Ya think?

Not a bad trade, but now we got 6 big men on the roster (Kaman, Camby, Jordan, Griffin, Madsen & Smith). Need some SF depth. This could also open up the chances of Kaman/Camby being dealt.

wang4three
07-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Not a bad trade, but now we got 6 big men on the roster (Kaman, Camby, Jordan, Griffin, Madsen & Smith). Need some SF depth. This could also open up the chances of Kaman/Camby being dealt.

Maybe you can trade Kaman for AK.

qrich
07-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Maybe you can trade Kaman for AK.

Thats one I would consider, but would probably ask for a first as well. Maybe could do a double deal with the Jazz.

AK for Kaman + Ricky Davis
Matt Harpring + Knicks First for TPE.

Jazz cut salary and could use Boozer to acquire a solid SF or SG (depends on where they want to play Ronnie). Clippers take on two years of Andrei's albatross contract, while, getting what is expected to be a top 7 pick in this years draft :D

wang4three
07-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Thats one I would consider, but would probably ask for a first as well. Maybe could do a double deal with the Jazz.

Jazz cut salary and could use Boozer to acquire a solid SF or SG (depends on where they want to play Ronnie). Clippers take on two years of Andrei's albatross contract, while, getting what is expected to be a top 7 pick in this years draft :D

I'm pretty sure that 2nd deal won't happen.

FireMcFailPlease
07-20-2009, 05:15 PM
LOL. That's what that big-mouth punk gets. Going from one sucky franchise to another. NY to Memphis to LAC to Minny. That's pretty much the bottom 4 franchises right now, one could say.

this is coming from the guy who was once a wolves 'fan'?

haha bandwagoner.

YAWN
07-20-2009, 05:27 PM
the mad dog is back in la! hopefully the clippers release him and he can come on over to the other locker room.
:banana:

oh and, the clippers just sent me a text message about this haha :wtf:

jaydacris
07-20-2009, 05:35 PM

I can't see ricky davis ever playing for jerry sloan.
Jerry Sloan's look on his face after ricky davis tried to get a phony triple double on his own basket was absolutely priceless.

JustinJDW
07-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Hell yeah, awesome trade for my Clippers! The beautiful city of Los Angeles may actually start talking about another team, other than the Lakers.

wang4three
07-20-2009, 05:57 PM
I can't see ricky davis ever playing for jerry sloan.
Jerry Sloan's look on his face after ricky davis tried to get a phony triple double on his own basket was absolutely priceless.

I'd assume they cut Ricky as soon as they got him.

bagelred
07-20-2009, 06:05 PM
At the beginning of the summer, Rubio said he wanted to play in the same place Quentin Richardson was playing.

Not fully understanding what Rubio meant, Kuhn traded for Q.

bdreason
07-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Timberwolves got raped in this trade.

oh the horror
07-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I like this, we pick up some decent bigs, and i'd trust Telfair as the backup point more than Taylor. That kid is way too sporadic for my tastes.

beasted86
07-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Yes... and they actually took back more salary.
Wolves fans better hope there are draft picks included.

And everyone was calling for "McFail" to get fired :banghead:

ShawnieMac06
07-20-2009, 06:29 PM

This isn't the first time the Clips got over on the Wolves in a trade. Anyone remember Marko Jaric for Sam Cassell?

It's a good trade for the Clips, it does give them some needed depth. However, I don't think Dunleavy's done wheeling and dealing yet. He was really busy last summer...it seemed like was acquiring new players almost every week. He still needs to re-sign Steve Novak, look for another dependable bench player, and hopefully look pawn off Ricky Davis to another team.

Al Thornton
07-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Yes... and they actually took back more salary.
Wolves fans better hope there are draft picks included.

And everyone was calling for "McFail" to get fired :banghead:

Yeah the new GM is even worse. Drafts two point guards and trades all his players.

qrich
07-20-2009, 06:34 PM
This isn't the first time the Clips got over on the Wolves in a trade. Anyone remember Marko Jaric for Sam Cassell?

It's a good trade for the Clips, it does give them some needed depth. However, I don't think Dunleavy's done wheeling and dealing yet. He was really busy last summer...it seemed like was acquiring new players almost every week. He still needs to re-sign Steve Novak, look for another dependable bench player, and hopefully look pawn off Ricky Davis to another team.

It wasn't just Marko for Sammy, it was Marko + Chalmers for Sammy + a first :D.

twolvesfan
07-20-2009, 06:43 PM
hooray no more telfair:hammertime: :hammertime: . hate to see smith go he was a very solid role player. guess this means we will be picking up garret siler to be a back up C

TMT
07-20-2009, 06:45 PM
So, does this move mean the Timberwolves are going to try keep both Rubio and Flynn? Or is this purely a salary cap related move?

twolvesfan
07-20-2009, 06:47 PM
So, does this move mean the Timberwolves are going to try keep both Rubio and Flynn? Or is this purely a salary cap related move?
it was a "get rid of McHales trash" move. completely overhauling the roster is what kahn is doing. trading 3 garbage (1 solid role player:cry: ) for an expirere sounds fine to me

TMT
07-20-2009, 06:49 PM
That's what I figured. How they are going to workout the whole Flynn-Rubio scenario (if Rubio does come over) is still a mystery to me.

twolvesfan
07-20-2009, 06:50 PM
That's what I figured. How they are going to workout the whole Flynn-Rubio scenario (if Rubio does come over) is still a mystery to me.
Mystery to me as well. somehow either rubio or flynn is going to be playing the 2 (when both on on the floor...). idk what is going on we shall see

hawkfan
07-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Good trade for the Wolves just for getting rid of Telfair and his contract next summer. The Wolves will have another $2.5 million in salary cap space next summer to go after some free agents or make trades. They won't be players for the likes of Wade, Bosh or LBJ, but there will be some solid second tier free agents so the Wolves can become a solid team again.

dnyk1337
07-20-2009, 07:05 PM

sucky franchise? boston has been worthless since larry bird left over a decade ago. :roll: boston fans crack me up. what a bunch of losers.

Lamar Doom
07-20-2009, 07:08 PM
what a crazy f*cking ride it's been for Q-rich this off season. Finished in NYK, sent to Memphis to be reunited with Darius, then to LAC to be reuinited with the Clippers, now off to the coldest US NBA city. Have a nice november-march Q :oldlol: hope he lands well wherever he ends up. Always liked Q

bagelred
07-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Round and round I go on this NBA tour. Where o where will it stop no one knows. Lol. Right now I'm a t'wolf. Tomorrow? Who knows? Lol.38 minutes ago from Tweetie

http://twitter.com/Qrich

:lol

twolvesfan
07-20-2009, 07:35 PM
:lol
i think he will be a timberwolf for this next season and then not resigned

mrhoopfan
07-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Mystery to me as well. somehow either rubio or flynn is going to be playing the 2 (when both on on the floor...). idk what is going on we shall see

Similar to when the Cavs had both Kevin Johnson and mark Price. They chose to keep price who was very solid; however KJ had the better career....The wolves will trade one of the two pgs.Hopefully they make the right choice

IamSofaKing
07-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Why is Q.Rich worth that much? Telfair is even better than him...

FireMcFailPlease
07-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Why is Q.Rich worth that much? Telfair is even better than him...
telfairs a back up pg.

on the wolves hes a back up back up pg.

obviously this is a sign that kahns negotians with dvk juventud are going swell, so playing flynn and rubio is a good chance.

wolves save money for next years FA class.

we added a sg(only sg on the team was wayne ellington and tweener corey brewer).

Hawker
07-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Clippers are waiting until September to make the trade with Dallas.

Buckner (expirer) plus bullshit for Kaman

G-train
07-20-2009, 10:03 PM
the issue I have with this trade is part of the issue I had with the Clipps last season.. there is going to be zero chemistry as they chop and change too much, and they end up with a weird group of players being coached by a moron, so they end up self destructing and missing the playoffs.

twolvesfan
07-20-2009, 10:15 PM
the issue I have with this trade is part of the issue I had with the Clipps last season.. there is going to be zero chemistry as they chop and change too much, and they end up with a weird group of players being coached by a moron, so they end up self destructing and missing the playoffs.
not like the clips will make the pay offs anyway

Al Thornton
07-20-2009, 10:25 PM
not like the clips will make the pay offs anyway

nope but hopefully they'll make the playoffs

qrich
07-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Clippers are waiting until September to make the trade with Dallas.

Buckner (expirer) plus bullshit for Kaman

Link or you just think this will happen?

So far, all we've done, is get rid of one starter from last season (Randolph, who everyone says is bad for chemistry) and have just upgraded our bench and got the first overall pick, yet, no chemistry? :hammerhead:

oh the horror
07-20-2009, 10:38 PM
The problem isnt the talent. The Clippers are LOADED with talent. The problem is that coach. Dunleavy is HORRIBLE. The man has coached what? What winning season out of how many? And that wasnt even because of his coaching, but more so because of the players he happened to have on the team that year. When does this man step down, and they bring in a real coach?

Hawker
07-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Link or you just think this will happen?

So far, all we've done, is get rid of one starter from last season (Randolph, who everyone says is bad for chemistry) and have just upgraded our bench and got the first overall pick, yet, no chemistry? :hammerhead:

Just saying it's a possibility.

G-train
07-20-2009, 10:50 PM

You might want to check how much your team has changed over the last 15 months. http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/transactions.html
Its just a mish mash. No team can develop and win with that much instability under poor leadership.

qrich
07-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Just saying it's a possibility.

Oh ok.

So is Dirk for Ricky Davis and Marcus Camby ;).

You might want to check how much your team has changed over the last 15 months. http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/transactions.html
Its just a mish mash. No team can develop and win with that much instability.

I get what you mean, but last summer, we changed all but 4 players when the season started (Kaman, Thornton, Mobley & Thomas), and Mobley/Thomas eventually were dealt. Paul Davis had a short return stint as well.

So far, this summer, all we've done is get rid of Randolph (who is labeled a headcase) and just increased depth. Don't think chemistry will be as big an issue.

miller-time
07-21-2009, 12:07 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11132007/photos/marbury.jpg

no sympathy?

Big Al All day
07-21-2009, 12:15 AM
I don't really understand the point of this trade, I mean it's an alright trade, but wasn't very necessary. Sure we get a back up sg, but why wouldn't we just resign Carney, who imo is much better than Q Rich. Hell the only player that we got rid of that ISNT better than Q is the mad dog.

Oh well, not a huge Telfair fan, but Smith was always a great role player.

ronnymac
07-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Craig smith is a baller

twolvesfan
07-21-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't really understand the point of this trade, I mean it's an alright trade, but wasn't very necessary. Sure we get a back up sg, but why wouldn't we just resign Carney, who imo is much better than Q Rich. Hell the only player that we got rid of that ISNT better than Q is the mad dog.

Oh well, not a huge Telfair fan, but Smith was always a great role player.
im not sure about the contracts of the people gave up but Qrich is an expirer. also it is not like this trade made us any worse (ill miss you C. Smith:cry: )

edit: just found this

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/51245992.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUqPk4DyCc75DiUiD3aPc: _Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Kahn called the 6-6 Richardson's acquisition "less an acquisition at this point than an ability to create [roster] flexibility" and make additional trades, perhaps to target expensive Phoenix shooting guard Jason Richardson or disgruntled Portland shooting guard Rudy Fernandez, Rubio's former teammate with the DKV Joventut team from which Rubio is seeking his release.

looks like i was wrong and qrich may be traded again...

KOBE24isdabest
07-21-2009, 10:53 AM
lol @ qrich getting traded three times in one summer!

twolvesfan
07-21-2009, 10:58 AM
lol @ qrich getting traded three times in one summer!
i wouldnt stop at 3.:oldlol:

twolvesfan
07-22-2009, 10:02 AM
another bump to this thread. Looks like quentin is likely to be traded again

http://www.twincities.com/dailydose/ci_12887022?nclick_check=1

Look for the Timberwolves to end up trading new guard-forward Quentin Richardson to clear even more salary cap space. Richardson, who played for the New York Knicks in 72 games last season, shot only 36.5 percent from three-point range and just 39.3 percent overall. The Wolves' three-point team average was 35.3 percent last season.

to be fair and objective though, charlie walters is not the most reliable journalist...