PDA

View Full Version : MTO: "Lebron is a jerk"?

Mississippi
07-21-2009, 12:24 PM
MediaTakeOut.com received word from a reader from Mississippi that NBA All Star LeBron James is beginning to smell himself. Here’s what he had to say:
Lebron James was supposed to be a featured guest at his fellow teammate's, Mo Williams’ basketball camp at Jackson State University this past weekend. ebron arrived at the camp 20 minutes prior to it ending and gave a 3 minute speech, shot a couple of free throws, and then he left.

He didn't allow anyone to even take a picture of him, let alone take a picture with him. He didn't sign any autographs, didn't give one kid a hug, and yes you guessed it ... he didn't shake the hands of any of the 300 or more participants (ages 8-up) in the camp.

Mind you, each kid paid $150 to participate in this camp. The kids were so upset, that one kid age 11, was heard saying, "...I'm through repin' Lebron. He's a jerk, and I'm going find me a new player to rep.”
http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/34283-on_blast_children_from_a_basketball_camp_in_missis sippi_wrote_in_to_mediatakeoutcom__claiming_nba_ba ller_lebron_james_was_acting_like_a_jerk_details_i nside.html

I don't know how true this is but my cousin who is a security guard was told not to take any photos of Lebron when he was at the silent auction on Friday. MTO is known for making up stories so I would love to see a copy of the letter.

john_d
07-21-2009, 12:26 PM
sad.... just sad

1~Gibson~1
07-21-2009, 12:27 PM
:oldlol:

complete dumbass

Meticode
07-21-2009, 12:28 PM
That's a funny story. Especially the end with the kid "I'm not going to rep LeBron anymore." :oldlol:

Godfather
So now we have resorted to online tabloids...

Someone take a look at this site's front page.

http://mediatakeout.com/index.html

JellyBean
If this is true, Lebron is only hurting himself; how sad.

Kensta
07-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Probably fake.

SsKSpurs21
07-21-2009, 12:34 PM
iam not defending this actions are anything, but who knows if he had prior arrangements to be somewhere else? maybe something came up or he agreed with mo williams to make a quick cameo?

ive been smudged by athletes before, who are too busy to sign autographs, but these are regular people also. they got things to do.

two people who have never said no are manu ginobili and dirk nowitzki.

Mississippi
07-21-2009, 12:36 PM
iam not defending this actions are anything, but who knows if he had prior arrangements to be somewhere else? maybe something came up or he agreed with mo williams to make a quick cameo?

ive been smudged by athletes before, who are too busy to sign autographs, but these are regular people also. they got things to do.

Lebron was in Mississippi Friday & Saturday for the auction, camp and vip party. There's nothing much to do here so I seriously doubt he had something else to do. Probably went back to the hotel or something.

SsKSpurs21
07-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Lebron was in Mississippi Friday & Saturday for the auction, camp and vip party. There's nothing much to do here so I seriously doubt he had something else to do. Probably went back to the hotel or something.

thats pretty bad then.

i hate when athletes say, "i didnt ask to be a role model". you didnt ask it, but it comes with the territory. if you want be a millionaire athlete you have to accept the responsibilities that come with it. as an athlete you are pretty much subject to the fans because they are paying for everything you have. some might say well sponsors pay part of their salary. true, but if they didnt have a fan base then sponsors would not sign them. pay back the fans lebron.

allball
07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
everybody is trying to start this Lebron is a jerk movement but it's not going to work. try something else.

Did Jordan ever attend a camp? he was a real sweetheart from what I hear.

KenneBell
07-21-2009, 01:21 PM
He's so cocky with it, plus the ice on his wrist is so rocky wit it. He's a jerk, jerk, jerk. :roll:

plat1numX
07-21-2009, 01:25 PM
mediafakeout is full of ****, i thought everyone already knew that

sixer6ad
07-21-2009, 01:28 PM

Hey...here's a really intelligent response: "Probably went back to the hotel." There are a million places or things he could have done, but he went back to the hotel. Here's the truth:

That weekend, he visited UK Basketball and talked to the team, watched them practice, shot some free throws with them, and hung out. After Lexington, he went to Mo Williams camp AND fundraiser in Mississippi to help deal with a local establishment near Williams' house which had been vandalized. Not a bad weekend of sharing your fame...

Instead of going to the hotel, maybe he was coming home to prepare for his Bike-A-Thon in Akron to help raise money for the James Foundation - which helps underprivileged kids.

I doubt if at any of these places he will shake hands or allow video. In fact, he probably will take all of the money himself. Probably will do the same when he goes to Charlotte to bowl in Chris Paul's charity function. Bastard is selfish.

"He who has not sinned cast the first stone". You people are amazing. He has made himself incredibly available in his early years appearing just about everywhere. Maybe he is having a time in his life where he is in and out and doing what he can but not able to meet the needs of all you posters out there. Thank God he does not have to answer to any of you.

Wait...just saw a story where LBJ doesn't buy Girl Scout Cookies...gotta go.

NBASTATMAN
07-21-2009, 01:29 PM
http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/34283-on_blast_children_from_a_basketball_camp_in_missis sippi_wrote_in_to_mediatakeoutcom__claiming_nba_ba ller_lebron_james_was_acting_like_a_jerk_details_i nside.html

I don't know how true this is but my cousin who is a security guard was told not to take any photos of Lebron when he was at the silent auction on Friday. MTO is known for making up stories so I would love to see a copy of the letter.

Maybe he was scared he was going to get dunked on again...:lol

I wouldn't play either.. Just in case.... Don't know how credible this story is but whatever... James has to do some serious ass kissing to his fans.... The guy has not played any situation correctly since he went fishing..

bdreason
07-21-2009, 01:32 PM
LeBron is a good Basketball player.

Outside of that, who cares?

It's funny when you see people act like they know someone by watching or reading mainstream media.

Let me help you out, Television isn't real. Even those shows they call "reality shows", aren't real. As for the internet media... well, any moron can post information in the internet; the spreading of misinformation will be one of the major legacies of the online revolution.

Hopefully that helps.

goldenryan
07-21-2009, 01:35 PM
That's a funny story. Especially the end with the kid "I'm not going to rep LeBron anymore." :oldlol:
one less future "lebron troll" here:roll:

Fatal9
07-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Lebron doesn't shake or hug kids because he's a winner. He's not with that.

Hoopman2612
07-21-2009, 01:43 PM

It's funny when you see people act like they know someone by watching or reading mainstream media.

Let me help you out, Television isn't real. Even those shows they call "reality shows", aren't real. As for the internet media... well, any moron can post information in the internet; the spreading of misinformation will be one of the major legacies of the online revolution.

Hopefully that helps.
This.

/End Thread

People think that just because someone is famous that they have to be everything they expect them to be, I hope LeBron does a "I am not a role model" type Ad to remind the kids of this Generation that its fine to idolize him as a player but that hes a real human being and you dont know him.

kumquat
07-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Mediatakeout is a horrible source

Clifton
07-21-2009, 01:54 PM
People think that just because someone is famous that they have to be everything they expect them to be, I hope LeBron does a "I am not a role model" type Ad to remind the kids of this Generation that its fine to idolize him as a player but that hes a real human being and you dont know him.
He's a public figure. He is being paid amounts of money we can't even fathom to play a game. The reason he gets paid that much is because that many people care that much. As a result, you're essentially getting paid to be a figure. As a result it's not wrong of people to expect you to be like one. And it is wrong of a person to pocket $15 million for playing a child's game and then turn around and say "I don't owe my fans anything." These guys DO deserve their money, but not because of the athletic things they do. It's because of the media that they get it and it's because of the media that they deserve it. We throw such large amounts of money at people for their humanity. You will never again be anonymous... but I'll give you a hundred million dollars. The people need figures to admire, and you fit the bill. Sell me your soul and I'll give you so much money you'll never feel pain again (turns out, though, it doesn't quite work out that way for the recipient of the dough, but it's a myth that won't die). That's how fame works.

Automajic23
07-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Lebron doesn't shake or hug kids because he's a winner. He's not with that.

damn this troll is still here.

oh the horror
07-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Okay, so hes an a.s.shole. Who cares?

gotbacon23
07-21-2009, 01:59 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FJKP4nNYgQ4/RwlAMULqFEI/AAAAAAAAAVo/gvleqeJYEfo/s320/jerk%2Bstore.jpg

kumquat
07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
http://clarionledger.com/article/20090719/SPORTS02/907190346

Why would LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers superstar and 2009 NBA MVP, come to Jackson and not throw down at least one dunk for the estimated 500 people gathered in Jackson State's basketball arena on Saturday afternoon?
Then, suddenly, as if James meant for no one to see, it did happen.
He went from quietly bouncing a basketball near the 3-point line to rushing toward one of the basketball goals inside the Lee E. Williams Assembly Center.
James closed in on the goal, leaping high into the air, his 6-foot-8, 250-pound frame more than 2 feet off the floor and skying toward the rim.
The surprised crowd took in a collective breath. Some were in the arena seats looking down upon the spectacle. Others were courtside with cameras and phones held high, just inches away as James' huge hands met the orange rim and the ball shot through the white net.

King James hung on the rim for a second or two, then he swung off. And like a planned emergency exit, James was gone, whisked away by his 15-member entourage into two black Cadillac Escalades parked just outside the door.
"The King" had left the building.

Wearing a mesh white sleeveless shirt, shorts to match and sunglasses, James exited one of the automobiles, towering over his entourage.
Fleming raced toward James but was pushed back by the posse. No autographs, they told him.

inclinerator
07-21-2009, 02:08 PM
in before 100 pages.

phoenix18
07-21-2009, 02:08 PM
He's a public figure. He is being paid amounts of money we can't even fathom to play a game. The reason he gets paid that much is because that many people care that much. As a result, you're essentially getting paid to be a figure. As a result it's not wrong of people to expect you to be like one. And it is wrong of a person to pocket $15 million for playing a child's game and then turn around and say "I don't owe my fans anything." These guys DO deserve their money, but not because of the athletic things they do. It's because of the media that they get it and it's because of the media that they deserve it. We throw such large amounts of money at people for their humanity. You will never again be anonymous... but I'll give you a hundred million dollars. The people need figures to admire, and you fit the bill. Sell me your soul and I'll give you so much money you'll never feel pain again (turns out, though, it doesn't quite work out that way for the recipient of the dough, but it's a myth that won't die). That's how fame works.
I disagree, Basketball is not a childs game. I dont know where you got that from. Naismith was not a kid when he created this game. Secondly, we are not throwing huge amounts of money at these guys that a freaking double standard just because we all want to be them. Bump that. Think about it, no wants to shake the hands of the CEO of geico, even though he or she probably makes a huge amount of money. I dont see people yelling at Steve Jobs just because he has a lot of money. What entertainers have to go through is not fair. They are held to a standard that no one can meet, which is why they live in secluded, private areas just to get away from the general public. Why? Because, most of society is filled with idiots who follow around these entertainers and cant let them live their own life.

Hoopman2612
07-21-2009, 02:18 PM
I disagree, Basketball is not a childs game. I dont know where you got that from. Naismith was not a kid when he created this game. Secondly, we are not throwing huge amounts of money at these guys that a freaking double standard just because we all want to be them. Bump that. Think about it, no wants to shake the hands of the CEO of geico, even though he or she probably makes a huge amount of money. I dont see people yelling at Steve Jobs just because he has a lot of money. What entertainers have to go through is not fair. They are held to a standard that no one can meet, which is why they live in secluded, private areas just to get away from the general public. Why? Because, most of society is filled with idiots who follow around these entertainers and cant let them live their own life.
This.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/michael-jackson.jpg

Game
07-21-2009, 02:21 PM
lol @ people thinking MTO makes up stories about Lebron. They only make up stories about mega stars like Kobe because everyone cares about him off the court and also made up stories about Vanessa. This story sounds real.

phoenix18
07-21-2009, 02:24 PM
lol @ people thinking MTO makes up stories about Lebron. They only make up stories about mega stars like Kobe because everyone cares about him off the court and also made up stories about Vanessa. This story sounds real.
lol @ Cantstop thinking that everyone doesnt already know his agenda. He only says this stuff because his love for Kobe is the only thing that keeps him from blowing his brains out.

Game
07-21-2009, 02:26 PM
lol @ Cantstop thinking that everyone doesnt already know his agenda. He only says this stuff because his love for Kobe is the only thing that keeps him from blowing his brains out.

Check the archives on MTO. Kobe has 10x the amount of posts than Lebron does. Nobody really cares about Bron's personal life.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-21-2009, 02:26 PM
you know why this DOES NOT ring true:
It's just a bball camp and Lebron is not freakin' EVIL.
I guarantee you that he hugged a kid, gave a high-five or two, etc etc.

It's a freakin' camp...that's what they do.

I can see Lebron turning his nose up at an adult function, but he is not going to be high-and-mighty around a bunch of little kids. Just one look into their cute little faces and Lebron would melt into a gooey fun-loving kid himself.

book it.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-21-2009, 02:27 PM
lebron was prolly a surprise and not apart of the "$135".

Clifton
07-21-2009, 02:42 PM
I disagree, Basketball is not a childs game. I dont know where you got that from. Naismith was not a kid when he created this game.
What's your point? It's a child's game, it's not a child's game. That has nothing to do with whether playing it well merits making an annual salary that can get as high as 500 times what I make in a year with no other responsiblities entailed. My saying it's a child's game is meant to illustrate that he isn't adding anything substantial to the world besides a figure.

Secondly, we are not throwing huge amounts of money at these guys that a freaking double standard just because we all want to be them. Bump that. Think about it, no wants to shake the hands of the CEO of geico, even though he or she probably makes a huge amount of money. I dont see people yelling at Steve Jobs just because he has a lot of money.
I'm saying that he gets large amounts of money because people want to shake his hand, not that people want to shake his hand because he makes a lot of money.

They are held to a standard that no one can meet, which is why they live in secluded, private areas just to get away from the general public. Why? Because, most of society is filled with idiots who follow around these entertainers and cant let them live their own life.
Entertainers and other public figures fulfill a certain function in human society. As far as the public is concerned, they are not like the rest of us. They are in a different class. They're public figures. I'm not saying anything about a standard. All I'm saying is that when these guys blow off their fans, their fans are not debased for feeling cheated.

Lebron James tacitly agreed to be an important factor in the public consciousness. He gets paid so much money that the rest of us can't meaningfully comprehend to be put in a situation that the rest of us can't meaningfully understand.

NBA players don't work any harder or produce any more or add anything more to society than NBDL players, but they get paid like 500 times more because they're public figures. If there wasn't a need, all pro ball, if it existed at all, would pay normal-person wages and the players would be normal people. (And obversely, nobody outside a small specialized pocket of people, would care when you did something great.) But people need people to cheer for and live through. That's a burden Lebron James has assumed. He gets paid a lot of money and gets to live on top of the world and be the best in the world at something. He doesn't have to be grateful. But he's not "right" for being "ungrateful." And people are not "wrong" for being disappointed when he acts ungrateful. If he's going to blow off his fans, he has to live with people not being happy with that. It's an unspoken contract that the American society and the people who matter to American society on a large scale have agreed to.

There will never be a public figure that isn't a "role model" in the sense Barkley meant. The reason these guys are in the position they are is BECAUSE they're "role models."

Mor'Fiyah
07-21-2009, 02:48 PM

Hopefully that helps.

Repped.

Its especially dissappointing to see Kobe/Lakers fans approving stuff like this when we should know better than any about the media kicking stars when they are down or running with the latest trend to sell articles. Remember Kobe is a notorious jerk also according to the media, while MJ is above any and all reproach.

Ocho-Cinco
07-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Im from Mississippi ( a few hours from Jackson) and these actions written in the article on LeBron behavior indeed happen. My parents work at the same company with this guy (call him Chip) who took his son to the basketball camp at Jackson State University. From my understanding, LeBron came towards the end of the camp spoke for a minute or more but didn't take pictures, sign autographs, shake hands, etc with the children attending the camp. It definitely was viewed as a slap in the face to some kids who idolize LeBron they really wanted to interact with the guy but there were some as well that didn't took it to heart.

wang4three
07-21-2009, 02:58 PM
MTO writes what people want to hear. Authenticity is optional.

sixer6ad
07-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Im from Mississippi ( a few hours from Jackson) and these actions written in the article on LeBron behavior indeed happen. My parents work at the same company with this guy (call him Chip) who took his son to the basketball camp at Jackson State University. From my understanding, LeBron came towards the end of the camp spoke for a minute or more but didn't take pictures, sign autographs, shake hands, etc with the children attending the camp. It definitely was viewed as a slap in the face to some kids who idolize LeBron they really wanted to interact with the guy but there were some as well that didn't took it to heart.

He's just downright evil. I say everyone stop enjoying him until his career ends. Who wants to have appreciation for this kind of athlete?

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/lbj_foundation_080207.html

TheSlimViper
07-21-2009, 03:10 PM
http://mediatakeout.com/index.html

Yeah this site certainly looks like a bastion of journalistic integrity.

Anyone else think that OP's quoted article reads like a news story from a SimCity game?

KubiliusF
07-21-2009, 03:13 PM
talking about behaviour is so girly

TheSlimViper
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey...here's a really intelligent response: "Probably went back to the hotel." There are a million places or things he could have done, but he went back to the hotel. Here's the truth:

That weekend, he visited UK Basketball and talked to the team, watched them practice, shot some free throws with them, and hung out. After Lexington, he went to Mo Williams camp AND fundraiser in Mississippi to help deal with a local establishment near Williams' house which had been vandalized. Not a bad weekend of sharing your fame...

Instead of going to the hotel, maybe he was coming home to prepare for his Bike-A-Thon in Akron to help raise money for the James Foundation - which helps underprivileged kids.

I doubt if at any of these places he will shake hands or allow video. In fact, he probably will take all of the money himself. Probably will do the same when he goes to Charlotte to bowl in Chris Paul's charity function. Bastard is selfish.

"He who has not sinned cast the first stone". You people are amazing. He has made himself incredibly available in his early years appearing just about everywhere. Maybe he is having a time in his life where he is in and out and doing what he can but not able to meet the needs of all you posters out there. Thank God he does not have to answer to any of you.

Wait...just saw a story where LBJ doesn't buy Girl Scout Cookies...gotta go.

Based on the two pages following the above post I don't think anyone from here on out who posts in this thread for the next 10 pages will read it, even though its really the only thing anyone has said that matters.

That little imaginary kid may not be repping LeBron anymore, but I'm repping you.

raptorfan_dr07
07-21-2009, 04:25 PM

You're right, it's probably true. Lebron's probably a world class jack@$$, after all, he learns from the best. Those teachings during the Olympics sure are beginning to show. :rockon: :cheers:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/DMKA/kobe-bryant-traded-5-31-07.jpg

Game
07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
You're right, it's probably true. Lebron's probably a world class jack@$$, after all, he learns from the best. Those teachings during the Olympics sure are beginning to show. :rockon: :cheers:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/DMKA/kobe-bryant-traded-5-31-07.jpg

You're right. Kobe showed Lebron how to win a Gold. Only thing Lebron will ever win.

Kappy
07-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Whether it's true or not ..... ???????????? IDK

*BUT*

It wouldn't be no big surprise if it is true ............ Just LeHype showing his arrogance once AGAIN!!! We should all be starting to get used to it by now!

:ohwell:

DuMa
07-21-2009, 04:58 PM
surprise surprise only kobe stans think its true. and most people think its false. truly misguided fans they are.

Kappy
07-21-2009, 05:23 PM
surprise surprise only kobe stans think its true. and most people think its false. truly misguided fans they are.

hahahaha FAIL!! Kobe is not even close to being my favorite player. He's about 4th or 5th down the line. You don't have to be a Kobe stan to think it's true. Everyone knows what kind of arrogant a**hole LeHype can be. We've all come to "witness" his true stripes a few times within the last couple months.

Now, again, is the article true? ... IDK ... BUT, AGAIN, it wouldn't surprise me one iota if it were true!!!

:pimp:

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-21-2009, 06:03 PM

You didn't even read thru the posts, did you?

Killer_Instinct
07-21-2009, 06:05 PM
*Inb4kobe...*

Edit; nvm lmao

Lebron23
07-21-2009, 07:28 PM
mediafakeout is full of ****, i thought everyone already knew that

Because most of the trolls on ISH are dumb muddafackers.

They are going to believe everything that's written on that SOB Website.

Showtime
07-21-2009, 07:31 PM
IMO these kids deserve a taste of reality. These guys aren't idols, and shouldn't be exemplified as people because of what they can do on the court. LMAO at these kids "repping" a player.

Lebron23
07-21-2009, 07:34 PM
TMZ
Mediatakeout.com
Harvey Levin

Are a Bunch of Gays

bomber
07-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Lebron23 "I'm not repping Lebron anymore :("

thatoneblackguy
07-21-2009, 08:13 PM
"He didn't allow anyone to even take a picture of him, let alone take a picture with him. "

:hammerhead:

nbastatus
07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
LeJerk.

Hotlantadude81
07-21-2009, 09:29 PM

Yeah, I'm sure other players are different. NOT

Younggrease
07-21-2009, 10:09 PM
you know why this DOES NOT ring true:
It's just a bball camp and Lebron is not freakin' EVIL.
I guarantee you that he hugged a kid, gave a high-five or two, etc etc.

It's a freakin' camp...that's what they do.

I can see Lebron turning his nose up at an adult function, but he is not going to be high-and-mighty around a bunch of little kids. Just one look into their cute little faces and Lebron would melt into a gooey fun-loving kid himself.

book it.

I went to camp and Vince Carter Came and he did the same exact thing Lebron was accused of....It wasnt some rinky dink camp either there was an NBA player there or and an all-american. All we wanted to see was a couple jumpers or a dunk...he did absolutely nothing except make up stories.

sixer6ad
07-21-2009, 11:06 PM
LeJerk.

I just came down to the computer from my bedroom because of what I just watched on Channel 19 - WOIO - the local fox affiliate in Cleveland. Reporter Chuck Galeti just did about a 2-minute story filmed at Mo Williams' camp. The reason he reported from the camp was because LeBron was there in support of Mo. I have wondered about what I read on here about LeJerk staying for a minute and then leaving, so when I watched the story, I needed to respond. This is what I saw...what I witnessed.

LeBron was wearing his St. V colors - at least his shirt was - and mingling with the kids out on the court. He then did some dunks while they were on the baseline. When he landed, they rushed the court and he was giving them pats and high fives. After that, there was video of LeBron sitting in the locker room signing picture autographs while kids were in line waiting. The kid would be at the table with LeBron while he was signing pictures.

I was so glad to see this because like most sports readers, we have a tendency to believe what we read, and LBJ has been taking some hits. Here he was at Mo's camp...laughing, mingling, shooting, and signing. What a relief! None of you idiot trollers (who are so unhappy with your lives that you must bring down others) will ever influence those of us who enjoy great athletes in their prime, but I was worried about what I read today about LeJerk. How about if all of the intelligent people step up and stop mingling with the nonsense? If we have the ability to talk hoops because we love the game, why don't we keep it about worthwhile topics and include only those intelligent enough to create their own thoughts?

www.channel19.com - maybe the video will be on there tomorrow and then this forum can get blown up. Maybe the guy who wrote that he "left in a minute" and "my cousin was there..." can respond to the video evidence?

Lebron23
07-21-2009, 11:09 PM
I just came down to the computer from my bedroom because of what I just watched on Channel 19 - WOIO - the local fox affiliate in Cleveland. Reporter Chuck Galeti just did about a 2-minute story filmed at Mo Williams' camp. The reason he reported from the camp was because LeBron was there in support of Mo. I have wondered about what I read on here about LeJerk staying for a minute and then leaving, so when I watched the story, I needed to respond. This is what I saw...what I witnessed.

LeBron was wearing his St. V colors - at least his shirt was - and mingling with the kids out on the court. He then did some dunks while they were on the baseline. When he landed, they rushed the court and he was giving them pats and high fives. After that, there was video of LeBron sitting in the locker room signing picture autographs while kids were in line waiting. The kid would be at the table with LeBron while he was signing pictures.

I was so glad to see this because like most sports readers, we have a tendency to believe what we read, and LBJ has been taking some hits. Here he was at Mo's camp...laughing, mingling, shooting, and signing. What a relief! None of you idiot trollers (who are so unhappy with your lives that you must bring down others) will ever influence those of us who enjoy great athletes in their prime, but I was worried about what I read today about LeJerk. How about if all of the intelligent people step up and stop mingling with the nonsense? If we have the ability to talk hoops because we love the game, why don't we keep it about worthwhile topics and include only those intelligent enough to create their own thoughts?

www.channel19.com - maybe the video will be on there tomorrow and then this forum can get blown up. Maybe the guy who wrote that he "left in a minute" and "my cousin was there..." can respond to the video evidence?

:applause: :applause: :applause:

sixer6ad
07-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Whether it's true or not ..... ???????????? IDK

*BUT*

It wouldn't be no big surprise if it is true ............ Just LeHype showing his arrogance once AGAIN!!! We should all be starting to get used to it by now!

:ohwell:

You have no knowledge of his arrogance at all. He plays...he lives...we react. Just because he chooses not to chime in on every attack does not make him arrogant. He could probably explain every detail of his life - because people want it - but he is choosing his moments. He owes nothing to you nor to any of us. He owes his family...his God...his employer - that's it. Now...if you want to talk arrogance, read your posts.

the even bigger black guy
07-21-2009, 11:13 PM

you are the biggest kobe stan on this site

KenneBell
07-21-2009, 11:16 PM
LOL at Sixer6ad being LeBron's PR guy. :roll:

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-21-2009, 11:17 PM
I went to camp and Vince Carter Came and he did the same exact thing Lebron was accused of....It wasnt some rinky dink camp either there was an NBA player there or and an all-american. All we wanted to see was a couple jumpers or a dunk...he did absolutely nothing except make up stories.

really? that blows.

I went to the John Wooden camp in the 70s. It was a week-long camp.
He was there for about half the camp.

sixer6ad
07-21-2009, 11:26 PM
LOL at Sixer6ad being LeBron's PR guy. :roll:

Solid post.

Hey...didn't your mommy tell you to turn off the computer?

KenneBell
07-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey...didn't your mommy tell you to turn off the computer?
Oh wow, a mommy joke. Great.

Did LeBron send you to fight his other faux pas too? You've got him covered on all fronts. I hope you get a raise from the King. Maybe a promotion to court jester. :oldlol:

White Chocolate
07-22-2009, 08:37 PM
LeBron comes off to me as an arrogant jerk anyway. Not saying that is the case, but that's the impression I'm under.

RaininThrees
07-22-2009, 09:29 PM

I think this tells you all you need to know about Lebron, honestly:

http://ratemyfresh.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lebron-wearin-mvp-shirt.jpg

gmoney9
07-24-2009, 12:26 PM
MTO also posted this a while back

http://www.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/12/nudekobe.jpg
:roll:
kills there credibility

kareem
07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
hope it's not true

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2009, 03:17 PM
hope it's not true
Considering that a video has surfaced in recent days showing LeBron interacting with and taking pictures with kids at that camp, I'd say that it has been confirmed to be completely untrue.

The media firestorm around LeBron will continue, though.

kareem
07-24-2009, 03:17 PM
if true
He could have taken 10 minutes and some photos and make those kids day

he needs some advice badly and soon .. does he live with his parents?

LA_Showtime
07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Who cares if LeBron James is a conceited jerk? He was exposed to the media at age 16. He never had a chance.

kumquat
07-30-2010, 07:00 PM
huh

kentatm
07-30-2010, 07:08 PM

I can't believe some people are defending him had it been true.

If kids paid for a basketball camp expecting him to be there, he should have shown up and done more than a BS 3 minute speech.

Some of you need to get your heads out of his ass.

darius15
07-30-2010, 07:30 PM
LOL at Mediatakeout. Horrible site.

KoRn
07-31-2010, 04:32 AM
you are the biggest kobe stan on this site

you're correct. DuMa always talking about kobe.

Bandito
07-31-2010, 04:58 AM
Who cares if LeBron James is a conceited jerk? He was exposed to the media at age 16. He never had a chance.
:lol

lilWesleyJ4
12-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Spot on:cheers:

sh0wtime
12-27-2010, 12:46 AM
You do know Mediatakeout is one bad gossip / fake site right? Its like that Black and White newspaper at the grocery store with UFOs and Bat Boy.

2LeTTeRS
12-27-2010, 02:26 AM

Hopefully that helps.

This is easily the best post in this thread.

I can't believe some people are defending him had it been true.

If kids paid for a basketball camp expecting him to be there, he should have shown up and done more than a BS 3 minute speech.

Some of you need to get your heads out of his ass.

And I can't believe some of you are so quick to criticize a person that a gossip site and "somebody I know whose kid went to the camp" are adequate sources to rip a guy to shreds.

ashbelly
12-27-2010, 02:41 AM
So haters are :mad: lebron is shitting on their hate and rubbing it in their faces :oldlol:

:facepalm @ mediafakeout as a credible source.

JrueHoliday11
12-27-2010, 08:18 AM

complete dumbass
:lol :lol