PDA

View Full Version : *99 Reasons Why I Like O.J. Mayo* ( Countdown To Season Opener)

lilojmayo
08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
75 days until season opener.

Many of you have probably thought in your heads at one point or another why does this lilojmayo character like OJ Mayo so much.
The NBA Schedule come out tomorrow I believe, last year the season started Oct 31 i think. If it starts the same day this year that would be 99 days from now. I just listened to Miley Cryus's "7 Things I Hate About You", then i thought what would be the perfect way to start the 09/10 season with a countdown on the 99 things i like about OJ Mayo. Let's Begin.

Each Day I'll add 1 more reason

Reason 99: Work-A-Holic
Reason 98: O.J. Mayo vs Dominguez ( CA)
Reason 97: He Plays For the Memphis Grizzlies
Reason 96: NBA 2k10/Live 2010 ( PS3/Xbox360)
Reason 95: D-1 Greyhounds
Reason 94: Big Time Tournament
Reason 93: D-1 Greyhounds vs Meanstreet Express ( Derrick Rose and Eric Gordon)
Reason 92: His Name
Reason 91: Only 5 Days
Reason 90: Tracy McGrady Take Over Ability Part 1.
Reason 89: Tracy McGrady Take Over Ability Part 2.
Reason 88: ABCD Camp
Reason 87: OJ Mayo vs Lance Stephenson ( ABCD Camp)
Reason 86: O.J.Mayo vs Dwyane Wade
Reason 85: He likes Allen Iverson
Reason:84 All-Decade Team
Reason:83 His Last Dunk
Reason:82 Never Backs Down
Reason:81 " The Boom"

Ovinton J' Anthony Mayo
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/p5/20080627/20/348993020.jpg

Born: November 5, 1987
High School: North College Hill ( Cincinnati, OH) Huntington ( West Virginia)
College: University of Southern California
Draft: 3rd Pick Overall
Position: PG/SG

lilojmayo
08-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Reason #99: Work-A-Holic

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/photos_large/2008/05/24/mayo.jpg
When it comes to the game of basketball this man is never satisfied. He is always striving to get better. At the tender age of 15 he was at North College Hill's gym with his godfather Dwyane Bairnes, working on his jumper and all assets of his game. One story i read at the age of 14, while Mayo was practicing in a gym. A few janitors walk by and said " You know they say he going to be famous one of these days" and continued on sweeping the floor.

Mayo before his rookie season during the summer. He went to Chicago to workout with Dwayne Wade, and Tim Grover to get ready for his rookie year. After his Rookie Year was done, Mayo kept working. He went right back to USC, and started working with their coaches, concentrating on ball handling and his PG abilities/skills since if you haven't heard Mayo is getting ready to make a transition to become a PG. Then Mayo flew back to Chicago to work with Devin Harris, Gilbert Arenas on PG drills. Also was trying to improve his strength working with Tim Grover again, who was the trainer for Michael Jordan. He is probably in the gym trying to improve, while become stronger he is that hard of a worker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBruH8mfe3M

1~Gibson~1
08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
:roll:

DROSE ROY? :applause:

iDunk
08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
You're weird.

juju151111
08-03-2009, 12:41 PM
LOL Miley cyrus?:lol and do you actually have 99 things?

lilojmayo
08-03-2009, 12:47 PM

DROSE ROY? :applause:

It pains me anytime i see that. Anyway Mayo will have the last laugh when he gets this

http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0615/nba_g_kobets4_576.jpg

lilojmayo
08-03-2009, 12:48 PM
LOL Miley cyrus?:lol and do you actually have 99 things?

Yeah i actually do i have it written down on my word document
lol ik i don't know why i clicked that song on youtube.

1~Gibson~1
08-03-2009, 12:49 PM
It pains me anytime i see that. Anyway Mayo will have the last laugh when he gets this

well why is it your avy?

AznTacoLover
08-03-2009, 12:50 PM
7 things I hate about you :oldlol:

GreatGreg
08-03-2009, 12:51 PM

When is he going to get to the playoffs first?

emsteez forreal
08-03-2009, 12:56 PM
lol.. i predict around 30 he'll run out of stuff..

"#30.. um.. he has nice eyes"

branslowski
08-03-2009, 01:00 PM

Only way OJ gets this...Is if you Photoshop his face in this picture..:oldlol:

OneMoreSucka
08-03-2009, 01:12 PM
This is a really gay thread.

lilojmayo
08-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Reason #98: O.J.Mayo vs Dominguez (CA)

http://insightrecruiting.net/images/Archive/Ojay%20Mayo%20Dunk1.jpg

If there was a game outside all those state championships games he played in. I guarentee the most memoriable he would say was on December 2005. When Mayo's North College Hill HS (OH) traveled all the way to Compton to play Dominguez, with young trio of DeMar Derozan, Brandon Jennings, Jordan Hamilton. All of Compton's cats were talking shyt saying they were going to smash Mayo's North College Hill team, that he was overrated. Even the newspapers had North College Hill as the underdog. Dominguez was the #5 high school in the nation at the time.
Courtside tickets cost 50 dollars, 50 dollars just for a high school game.

Tip off: The game starts a player on Dominguez hits a 3. Then the worst thing happened next, Sophomore Brandon Jennings sticks a 3 pointer in Mayo's eye. Extends the lead to 6-2, then starts talking shyt. That was a bad decision, because it set Mayo off. North College Hill went on a 24-2 run. Dominguez went 8-30 on FG first half. 6 for 17 from the ft line.
It was Mayo's game, he dropped 29 points, but when he scored he made the crowd know he scored. Including dunking on a guy. NCH won 91-57 and he showed LA and the rest of the high school nation who was still the top dog. This game made me respect him so much. He showed fire when fire needed to be shown.

Highlights of that game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAdyefoownk 1:35 wow, i bet that guy had to leave the gym.

snipes12
08-04-2009, 02:11 PM
pls dont jinx mayo , are you happy he didnt win the roy award last year?

lilojmayo
08-04-2009, 02:20 PM
pls dont jinx mayo , are you happy he didnt win the roy award last year?

Your not the first.

The segregation between NBA Forum Posters, and OTC Posters is amazing. It is like two different parts of the message board literally. Only few posters like me go back and forth.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129243

I lost the avy bet, with Bull's Fans. I said Mayo would win ROY, or i would rock an Drose wins ROY avy for the whole offseason.

tmac_no1
08-04-2009, 02:21 PM
LOL if you can name 99 reasons that you like about ANY DUDE heck even a female for that matter your a little obsessive

Snoop_Cat
08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
I lost the avy bet, with Bull's Fans. I said Mayo would win ROY, or i would rock an Drose wins ROY avy for the whole offseason.

I'll give you props for going through with that, at least you're not a b*tch about it like Spudjjay

Interminator
08-04-2009, 02:26 PM

If there was a game outside all those state championships games he played in. I guarentee the most memoriable he would say was on December 2005. When Mayo's North College Hill HS (OH) traveled all the way to Compton to play Dominguez, with young trio of DeMar Derozan, Brandon Jennings, Jordan Hamilton. All of Compton's cats were talking shyt saying they were going to smash Mayo's North College Hill team, that he was overrated. Even the newspapers had North College Hill as the underdog. Dominguez was the #5 high school in the nation at the time.

Tip off: The game starts a player on Dominguez hits a 3. Then the worst thing happened next, Sophomore Brandon Jennings sticks a 3 pointer in Mayo's eye. Extends the lead to 6-2, then starts talking shyt. That was a bad decision, because it set Mayo off. North College Hill went on a 24-2 run. Dominguez went 8-30 on FG first half. 6 for 17 from the ft line.
It was Mayo's game, he dropped 29 points, but when he scored he made the crowd know he scored. Including dunking on a guy. NCH won 91-57 and he showed LA and the rest of the high school nation who was still the top dog. This game made me respect him so much. He showed fire when fire needed to be shown.

Highlights of that game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAdyefoownk 1:35 wow, i bet that guy had to leave the gym.
Demar DeRozan never played at Dominguez.

Brandon Jennings was extremely raw at the time, and Jordan Hamilton was raw aswell.

RajonKGcelts
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Miley?

Know how i know your gay?

Batman
08-04-2009, 02:29 PM

That was a nice dunk. That is the most emotion i have ever seen Mayo with. And why were you listening to Miley Cyrus :roll: :roll:

Yung D-Will
08-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Wow I didn't know it was possible to suck one guy so hard.

But if you can actually have 99 good reasons your Goat

Maniak
08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Lol@Everyone trashing liloj on this. We all have favorite players, and I think this is a fine idea.

Most of your guys usernames have an NBA players name in them or a picture of them in your avatar, isnt that gay because you are stalking them? :oldlol:

Although Im really WTF'd at the Miley Cyrus thing.

Good idea, I'll read all the reasons, Im sure they will get f*cking interesting.

xOShakespearexO
08-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Lol@Everyone trashing liloj on this. We all have favorite players, and I think this is a fine idea.

Most of your guys usernames have an NBA players name in them or a picture of them in your avatar, isnt that gay because you are stalking them? :oldlol:

Good idea, I'll read all the reasons, Im sure they will get f*cking interesting.

Same. Just when i think there is nothing on ISH that will make me say WTF. lilojmayo comes though in the clutch again. This will be a fun read if he does this everyday it is like a little dose of Orange Juice Mayonaise each day.

lilojmayo
08-04-2009, 04:11 PM

let the haters hate. I never been the one to have E-Arguments ( I'm talking to you V-Unit, I seen Hippos, GOBB). I just spread the good word out.

Yeah, the people i am hang out with listens to a lot of music especially Taylor Swift she the most popular by far, not even close, then probably Miley.
and IDK why i was listen to that song, but all i know is gave me the idear for this thread.

Bigsmoke
08-04-2009, 04:30 PM
good luck on that list:rolleyes:

Godfather
08-04-2009, 05:12 PM
This kid is a straight up f@ggot.

Remember when you said if the Lakers didn't finish with a certain record over a period you would leave ISH?

Go back to the OTC and jack off to some J$ racism.

NuggetsFan
08-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I'll be very impressed if you actually think of 99 reasons that are legit.

JG000
08-04-2009, 06:23 PM
subs...

LAClipsFan33
08-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Being a USC Trojan fan I got to see plenty of OJ Mayo in college. The kid is nice when he finds his rhythm. Let him get comfortable when your defending him and it's going to be a LOOONG night for you

Disappointed that I can't watch him now. In L.A. we get 4/82 Memphis games a year

JG000
08-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Being a USC Trojan fan I got to see plenty of OJ Mayo in college. The kid is nice when he finds his rhythm. Let him get comfortable when your defending him and it's going to be a LOOONG night for you

Disappointed that I can't watch him now. In L.A. we get 4/82 Memphis games a year

NBA TV fam... NBA TV...

lilojmayo
08-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Reason 97: He Plays For The Memphis Grizzlies

http://www.pycomall.com/images/P/Memphis-Grizzlies.jpg

Yes, I said it he plays for the Memphis Grizzlies.
History of the Memphis Grizzlies:

This NBA expansion team started off in Vancouver, that's in Canada in the 95/96 season. There were alot of downs that season, but finally when they could do the unthinkable a franchise expansion team knocking off the 72 win team. Yes, Michael Jordan's Chi-Town Bulls. The Grizzlies were up with 6 minutes left in the game, then MJ took over scoring 19 points in the last 6 minutes. I was actually watching this game live on TV when it happened it was simply amazing. MJ Truly is GOAT. I know it is like beating a dead horse, but that's us what Jordan gatekeepers need to do with this "Kobe Bryant/LeBron James Any Era, except the 00s was a weak era movememt" ( Yes, I'm talking to you Mr. Kobe and Bron Stans you know who you are, CantStop, AlphaWolf, Jacks3 etc.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoKuC6zrFVY

Anyway the Grizzlies ended that season with a 15-67 record, and that was pretty much the story for the next 14 years expect for 3 years. Which was the "Pau Gasol Era", they started winning some games, but still could never get out the first round.

They acquired Mayo via Mayo-Love trade at draft night. I was excited, sure you guys are like well lilojmayo, I thought you wanted Mayo to go to a big market, so he can be on national TV. Not really, I just wanted Mayo to go to a bad team, so he can turn their franchise around like a 360 Jason Richardson Slam dunk.

I also wanted Mayo to struggle his first year in the wins department, because i am a firm believer in when you struggle early in your career to get wins that will only make your hungry, and work harder to reach your full potential. Just look at KG as an example. Heck even look at Dwyane Wade, he won the championship way to early in his career, so what happened the next 2 years, he became overweight, injury prone etc etc. Then finally when they started loosing again, he got back in shape and proceeded to average 30 PPG last year.

I can guarentee you for the next 15 years Mayo will be a Grizzly for life. He isn't bailing on us too go to some big market. Just like Michael Jordan's commerical preaches you have to make your own legacy, "Become Legendary". PS we are going to make noise this year ( No, Maniak 35 win season isn't making noise), cause problems for alot of teams this year. Go Grizzlies!

Mississippi
08-05-2009, 12:41 PM
They acquired Mayo via Mayo-Love trade at draft night. I was excited, sure you guys are like well lilojmayo, I thought you wanted Mayo to go to a big market, so he can be on national TV. Not really, I just wanted Mayo to go to a bad team, so he can turn their franchise around like a 360 Jason Richardson Slam dunk.
:oldlol:

cpmayo
08-05-2009, 12:51 PM
nice thread, hope it stays alive all the way to #1

KB2clutch
08-05-2009, 01:02 PM
that high school game was sick especially if the write up was true

LAClipsFan33
08-05-2009, 01:36 PM
NBA TV fam... NBA TV...

Ok...8/82 games

Batman
08-05-2009, 01:40 PM
This kid is a straight up f@ggot.

Remember when you said if the Lakers didn't finish with a certain record over a period you would leave ISH?

Go back to the OTC and jack off to some J$ racism.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Repped since it made me laugh

Batman
08-05-2009, 01:41 PM
that high school game was sick especially if the write up was true

For the most part it was. The only mistake is I don't think Derozan ever palyed for Dominguez correct me if i am wrong.

bdreason
08-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Got 99 problems but.... ummmm... OJ Mayo aint one?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Got 99 problems but.... ummmm... OJ Mayo aint one?

Lil Wayne is a better rappper.

KRAYZIE
08-05-2009, 04:48 PM
OJ Mayo. Pretty unique name, should be one of the reasons.:D

LAClipsFan33
08-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Lil Wayne is a better rappper.

Ridiculous

:confusedshrug:

Basketman
08-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Nice thread. :D

xOShakespearexO
08-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Instead of 99 reasons why you like some other guys dick.

Why not make 99 reasons why you like you, and go out and become something.

Go out and shoot some hoops, like you said... become legendary.

70 post that explains. On the outside it looks like lilojmayo is an overweight kid that just stays at home and wacks off to Mayo. In reality this dude is a ball player. He played some pick up basketball with fellow poster dab0yech0 and he said liloj should be playing college ball at least at the D2 level. He even picked up liloj this fall on his team in the pac rim league. The kid has a 37 inch vertical now. He says this summer he does a basketball workout for 3-5 hours, then lifts for an hour and two a day.

It's all on this thread
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141456

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJIzsReN4_8
he said this was his warm up dunk before his workout, he can probably windmill now.

lilojmayo
08-05-2009, 08:13 PM
70 post that explains. On the outside it looks like lilojmayo is an overweight kid that just stays at home and wacks off to Mayo. In reality this dude is a ball player. He played some pick up basketball with fellow poster dab0yech0 and he said liloj should be playing college ball at least at the D2 level. He even picked up liloj this fall on his team in the pac rim league. The kid has a 37 inch vertical now. He says this summer he does a basketball workout for 3-5 hours, then lifts for an hour and two a day.

It's all on this thread
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141456

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJIzsReN4_8
he said this was his warm up dunk before his workout, he can probably windmill now.

Yeah I have pretty much everyday since LA. If echo thought i was good back then almost 3 months ago, he should see me now that i lift and play hard everyday there just isn't any comparison. But I'm not the one to talk, when i get my hd camera back saturday i'll make a workout with my friend mark and let it speak for its self.

Yeah, we do have a team it has like 5 ISH posters that are going to be on it. It should be fun. And you ppl fail to understand when i make these type of threads it is when i am in summer class, Notice they are all like between 11:00am-3 pm est. While the professor is talking, or it maybe right after class ends. I stay to finish the h/w right then, while surfing the web that's when I type it up, because the only reason i am in there is for college credit that I honestly really don't even need. Right after that i go my HS main basketball gym where my friend Mark is usually already there then we begin our workout, for about 4 hours usually. Then i come home.

I am getting my camera back no later than Saturday, if I can find it earlier i'll make one the next day. My dunk I am working on is the D-Rose double pump the one he did during the all star skills contest. I have been close a few times, but no cigar yet.

Even this highlight video of mark even though it was just this winter is so outdated, because not just me, he is so much better, faster, and is starting to get some baby bounce, he could barely dunk in this highlight film now he can do
D-Rose c0ck back dunk pretty easily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6G_RRGHzfA DRose at 49 seconds his c0ck back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sG1eD_8fcc marks c0ck back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHi70Kk_L0o&feature=channel_page marks highlight video this year.

Plus I hate talking, when we make this highlight video you will see.

Now lets get back to OJ Mayo please.

lilojmayo
08-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Nice thread. :D

Just giving back to the ISH community one reason at a time.

MannyO
08-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Yea I don't see what is so bad about this thread at all. I actually enjoy reading the reasons he is posting because I get a better understanding of O.J Mayo cause I really don't know him. Keep doin ya thing man.

dyna
08-05-2009, 09:48 PM
good luck:rockon:

lilojmayo
08-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Yea I don't see what is so bad about this thread at all. I actually enjoy reading the reasons he is posting because I get a better understanding of O.J Mayo cause I really don't know him. Keep doin ya thing man.

Thanks dude. It really isn't the thread you change the OP's name have the same subject ppl wouldn't say anything. But since it is lilojmayo the haters will come in a herd. What can you do haters will be haters just keep on typing the good fight.

* Changing ISH one OJ Mayo Fan at a time*

Al Thornton
08-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Good idea, creative threads scare people.

unknown101
08-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Thanks dude. It really isn't the thread you change the OP's name have the same subject ppl wouldn't say anything. But since it is lilojmayo the haters will come in a herd. What can you do haters will be haters just keep on typing the good fight.

* Changing ISH one OJ Mayo Fan at a time*

You will probably get a bunch of people to become OJ Mayo fans by the end of this.

I will follow this thread just to see if you really have 99 legitimate reasons.

MannyO
08-06-2009, 12:23 AM
You will probably get a bunch of people to become OJ Mayo fans by the end of this.

I will follow this thread just to see if you really have 99 legitimate reasons.

probably will after reasons 99 and especially 98 made me start thinking about how good he is. The way he played that game was crazy he lit them up when they started trying to get to his head.

nothinbutnet
08-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Definitely a great post. Honestly, you just converted me into a Mayo fan by watching a few of the vids.

Doranku
08-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Yeahh, not really sure why some people are knocking on this thread. Just from his first two reasons I learned a lot I didn't know about Mayo. Great to see he's pushing himself to the limits, and going out there to train with the likes of D-Wade, Harris, etc.

Looking forward to seeing how OJ adapts to the PG role if he does in fact switch from the 2.

lilojmayo
08-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Reason 96: NBA 2k10/Live 2010 (PS3/XBox360)

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1060/ojmayo2xo5.jpg

Honestly now what basketball fan doesn't like one or the other, maybe both, like me. I like to play 2k online, because it is more simulation usually for the better gamers. Then when i am at my friend's house it has to be live all the way with all the crazy dunks. If i had to pick one i'll say 2k since i play online.

What is better than taking you favorite player and dropping 50+ points or a Triple Double on your opponent, that is something i was known for. I have some epic battles at my friends house his favorite players are Derrick Rose/Kobe Bryant/Wade, mine is OJ. So when we played I am always Memphis, he is usually the Bulls. Then anytime he scored with Rose ( since the game developers made Rose practically the best PG in the game with his crazy speed and dunking), he would say " I'm D-Rose", then anytime i scored with OJ which was a lot Mayo probably average 40 points when i was controlling I'd just say "OJ" really fast. Then when he double on OJ, Rudy Gay went to work. I'll be taking over the online world this year. 1 of my friends got on team 2k, so i always have to hear it from him.

This year i am going hard on 2k10 PS3, add me, when it comes out.
Can't forget about Madden 2010 though go pick it up August 14th.

unknown101
08-06-2009, 12:11 PM

Honestly now what basketball fan doesn't like one or the other, maybe both, like me. I like to play 2k online, because it is more simulation usually for the better gamers. Then when i am at my friend's house it has to be live all the way with all the crazy dunks. If i had to pick one i'll say 2k since i play online.

What is better than taking you favorite player and dropping 50+ points or a Triple Double on your opponent, that is something i was known for. I have some epic battles at my friends house his favorite players are Derrick Rose/Kobe Bryant/Wade, mine is OJ. So when we played I am always Memphis, he is usually the Bulls. Then anytime he scored with Rose ( since the game developers made Rose practically the best PG in the game with his crazy speed and dunking), he would say " I'm D-Rose", then anytime i scored with OJ which was a lot Mayo probably average 40 points when i was controlling I'd just say "OJ" really fast. Then when he double on OJ, Rudy Gay went to work. I'll be taking over the online world this year. 1 of my friends got on team 2k, so i always have to hear it from him.

This year i am going hard on 2k10 PS3, add me, when it comes out.
Can't forget about Madden 2010 though go pick it up August 14th.

Nice, you posted your reason and advertised for 2k10 and Madden. You should get paid for it.

Batman
08-06-2009, 12:39 PM
good reason, your slowly turning me into a mayo fan. You know you are going to have to start doubling ortripling up if you want to finish by opening day.

Bigsmoke
08-06-2009, 12:40 PM
that was a stupid reason

plowking
08-06-2009, 12:56 PM
liloj's got "99 reasons but a b!tch, he's got none".

lilojmayo
08-06-2009, 01:48 PM
liloj's got "99 reasons but a b!tch, he's got none".

oh i see we have a rapper/singer here. I'm convinced PlowKing= Singing Sam

that was a stupid reason

It is one of the reasons, but i'll make another one right now it will be a good read.

DieHardBullsFan
08-06-2009, 01:49 PM

He wont get it in Memphis!

lilojmayo
08-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Reason 95: D-1 Greyhounds

http://media.scout.com/media/image/33/335407.jpg

These next three reasons go together. OJ Mayo's AAU team was famously known as the D-1 Greyhounds. On the team including Mayo and his sidekick running mate Billy Walker. I liked this because they were based in Dayton, OH, which is pretty close to where i live so i got to see a few games.

D-1 Greyhounds should go down in AAU history. One of the best AAU teams not all-star assembled. You might be saying what do you mean lilojmayo? I mean it was all local kids they picked up on their team, that where winning all these AAU tournaments. Some AAU teams would stack their teams like

Meanstreet Express: Derrick Rose and Eric Gordon.

The Indy Spiece: Daquean Cook, Greg Oden ( when he was good), Mike Conley Jr.

The PM Ballers: Romeo, Brandon Jennings, Demar Derozan, Renardo Sidney.

The So-Cal All Stars: Kevin Love, Brandon Jennings, Chase Bulindger, Daniel Hackett, Renardo Sidney, Taylor King it was BS they were so stacked they even beat the D-1 Greyhounds that's how stacked that team was.

One of the last tournaments the D-1 Greyhounds won was the King James Shooting Classic, LeBron James was of course watching Mayo. Mayo didn't disappointing him. In the semi-finals Mayo got a chance to go up against Tyreke Evan's Squad. Tyreke gave it his all, but once again Mayo showed why he was the most hyped AAU player in recent memory besides LeBron James himself. Outscoring Evans 33 points to 23 points. Most importantly his team got the win, moved on to the finals and won by 21 points.
Mayo captured MVP honors at the tournament.

lilojmayo
08-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Reason 94: Big Time Tournament

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/33/330429.jpg

This tournament made me like Mayo a lot because it was televised, I was one of the first time I got to see Mayo go up against “Top Ranked Players” instead of him dropping 40 on a local high school team that wasn’t any good at all. It is probably fair to say this is one of, if not the biggest AAU tournament of the year. Mayo left his mark on this tournament forever.

Mayo’s tournament high 43 points

Mayo is #3 leading scoring in most points in this tournament right in front of Carmelo Anthony. Right behind Eric Gordon who has the most points ever.

Mayo is #2 in Most field goals

Mayo is # 35 in highest point average with 27.1 PPG,

Mayo is only one a few players to make First Team All Tournament for 3 years straight 04, 05,06

D-1 Greyhounds Tournament Runner Ups in 05’

With all of this Mayo still had critics, who said really the #1 Player in the Nation Was it Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo, or Derrick Rose. Like I said in reason 95 Eric Gordon and Derrick Rose were on the same AAU Team. That’s right Mayo’s D-1 Greyhounds finally got a chance to matchup with Meanstreet Express at the Big Time. This deserves to be a whole different reason.

To Be Continued….

lilojmayo
08-06-2009, 04:38 PM

http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/oj_mayo_derrick_rose_eric_gordon.jpg

In the summer of OJ’s senior year, which was summer of 06. Two players in his class started making some serious noise in Eric Gordon and Derrick Rose, Especially Derrick Rose. Like always the critics started talking saying this guy Derrick Rose 6’3 190lbs at the time, with a 40 inch vertical. He can get his head at rim. With blazing speed, and he had so much court vision. He does dunks that LeBron James can do, but with more ease at 6’3. He is better the OJ. OJ isn’t “ King Kong” of HS hoops anymore. This guy Derrick Rose is better than OJ Mayo, has more potential, has a higher ceiling. This was the theme of the whole summer. It even got scrubs like Daniel Hackett to start talking shyt, saying quote “ I’m going to the lock down on OJ, I’m going to lock him down” while on the team bus.

See O.J. has never been a guy to talk. He always takes care of business on the court, and let’s the journalist and fans continue to hate. Finally, word on the street was Derrick Rose would takeover consensus wise as # 1 player in the country for the final HS class rankings, dependabling on how badly he outplayed Mayo in their matchup.

In a packed gym on July of 2006 D-1 Greyhounds finally got a chance to play against Meanstreet Express at the Big Time. All eyes were on Derrick Rose and O.J. Mayo. That journalist were happy with what they saw, because it seemed that Mayo just didn’t have the speed to say in front of Rose. Rose was running circles around him. Then Mayo didn’t have the strength to keep Eric Gordon out the lane. Still however Mayo kept holding his own. Derrick Rose showed to be Mr. Versatile out there scoring 21 points, grabbing 14 rebounds, 12 assists.

With 7 seconds left in the game Eric Gordon had a breakaway layup to put his team up 3. It was 82-79. Rose could feel it he was about 5 seconds away from becoming #1 Player in the country, but those 5 seconds were 5 too many for the best player in the country OJ Mayo. Mayo quickly got the ball from dribbled up the court with Rose on his hip, went with the behind the ball pull up 3 pointer, swish in Rose’s eye and the foul. Yes, a Larry Johnson 4 point play. Mayo hit the ft Game Over! D-1 Greyhounds won 83-82. This locked up Mayo’s #1 player in the Nation spot for the Class of 2007. Mayo finished that game with 26 points and went 7/8 from the 3pt line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGEHPynehC0 highlights of the game.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-06-2009, 05:11 PM

He wont get it in Memphis!

Yes he will. Have you seen our team this year?

unbreakable
08-06-2009, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=lilojmayo]

http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/oj_mayo_derrick_rose_eric_gordon.jpg

In the summer of OJ

MannyO
08-06-2009, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=lilojmayo]

In the summer of OJ

nbastatus
08-06-2009, 07:15 PM
reason 92: he is black.

Basketman
08-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Keep it coming, all the reasons so far are legit.

lilojmayo
08-06-2009, 09:35 PM
.... Im lost for words that is some crazy ****. I can't even lie I used to think Drose would destroy O.J but now I have to think twice.

MannyO you'll be surprised Mayo has had a several showdowns with other elite players High School, College, and Pro's that just make you say wow. I will get to all them somewhere in this 99 reasons list.

Myth: Derrick Rose has failed in ever destroying Mayo in anything. Anytime they matchup it is usually a toss up or Mayo gets the upper hand.

In HS Mayo the upper hand obvious in their game. In College Mayo absolutely shut down Rose at Madison Square Garden. USC should have won that game, if only Hackett could have made 1 ft at the end to win by 1 pt, but no he missed and Memphis won in OT. Mayo locked Rose down, but Mayo didn't have his best offense game.

In the Pros the Bulls and Grizz spilt last season 1-1.

yungtyrekeevans
08-06-2009, 09:39 PM
oj better watch out, tyreke is comin! i reckon by the end of the year, tyreke will be considerably better than oj. i mean with tyreke on sactown, we easily jumped memphis for talent. this team is a legit title contender now!

MannyO
08-06-2009, 09:39 PM
MannyO you'll be surprised Mayo has had a several showdowns with other elite players High School, College, and Pro's that just make you say wow. I will get to all them somewhere in this 99 reasons list.

Myth: Derrick Rose has failed in ever destroying Mayo in anything. Anytime they matchup it is usually a toss up or Mayo gets the upper hand.

In HS Mayo the upper hand obvious in their game. In College Mayo absolutely shut down Rose at Madison Square Garden. USC should have won that game, if only Hackett could have made 1 ft at the end to win by 1 pt, but no he missed and Memphis won in OT. Mayo locked Rose down, but Mayo didn't have his best offense game.

In the Pros the Bulls and Grizz spilt last season 1-1.

true I never thought of it like that mainly because I never knew much about Mayo. But yea Mayo has the swag thats untouchable I wonder how he does it. He never lets pressure break him down (even in HS and as a 7th grader) thats the most amazing thing I found out about him. Mental toughness right there.

lilojmayo
08-06-2009, 09:42 PM
true I never thought of it like that mainly because I never knew much about Mayo. But yea Mayo has the swag thats untouchable I wonder how he does it. He never lets pressure break him down (even in HS and as a 7th grader) thats the most amazing thing I found out about him. Mental toughness right there.

That was going to be one of my reasons lol yeah as a 7th grader lead his Rose Hill ( KY) team to the sweet 16 averaging 20 ppg then as a 8th 23 ppg. He transeferred there because in Kentucky you don't have to be in HS to play varsity. And the crazy part was it wasn't like he was a 6'6 dude like LeBron James was around that age. He was only 6'1 7th grader dropping 30+ sometimes against 6'6 Senior guards in HS. Yeah, I have a lot of Mayo info in my head, I have been following his game intensely since his freshman year of HS, so a lot of this information I don't even have to look up.

unknown101
08-06-2009, 09:48 PM

In the summer of OJ’s senior year, which was summer of 06. Two players in his class started making some serious noise in Eric Gordon and Derrick Rose, Especially Derrick Rose. Like always the critics started talking saying this guy Derrick Rose 6’3 190lbs at the time, with a 40 inch vertical. He can get his head at rim. With blazing speed, and he had so much court vision. He does dunks that LeBron James can do, but with more ease at 6’3. He is better the OJ. OJ isn’t “ King Kong” of HS hoops anymore. This guy Derrick Rose is better than OJ Mayo, has more potential, has a higher ceiling. This was the theme of the whole summer. It even got scrubs like Daniel Hackett to start talking shyt, saying quote “ I’m going to the lock down on OJ, I’m going to lock him down” while on the team bus.

See O.J. has never been a guy to talk. He always takes care of business on the court, and let’s the journalist and fans continue to hate. Finally, word on the street was Derrick Rose would takeover consensus wise as # 1 player in the country for the final HS class rankings, dependabling on how badly he outplayed Mayo in their matchup.

In a packed gym on July of 2006 D-1 Greyhounds finally got a chance to play against Meanstreet Express at the Big Time. All eyes were on Derrick Rose and O.J. Mayo. That journalist were happy with what they saw, because it seemed that Mayo just didn’t have the speed to say in front of Rose. Rose was running circles around him. Then Mayo didn’t have the strength to keep Eric Gordon out the lane. Still however Mayo kept holding his own. Derrick Rose showed to be Mr. Versatile out there scoring 21 points, grabbing 14 rebounds, 12 assists.

With 7 seconds left in the game Eric Gordon had a breakaway layup to put his team up 3. It was 82-79. Rose could feel it he was about 5 seconds away from becoming #1 Player in the country, but those 5 seconds were 5 too many for the best player in the country OJ Mayo. Mayo quickly got the ball from dribbled up the court with Rose on his hip, went with the behind the ball pull up 3 pointer, swish in Rose’s eye and the foul. Yes, a Larry Johnson 4 point play. Mayo hit the ft Game Over! D-1 Greyhounds won 83-82. This locked up Mayo’s #1 player in the Nation spot for the Class of 2007. Mayo finished that game with 26 points and went 7/8 from the 3pt line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGEHPynehC0 highlights of the game.

Holy ****, that would be like no.1 for me lol.

I am officially a fan of OJ Mayo (not fav player, but im a fan of him now)

and damn all the squads he was playing were stacked...

Oden and Conley
Derozan and Jennings
Mayo and Gordon

lilojmayo
08-06-2009, 09:49 PM
oj better watch out, tyreke is comin! i reckon by the end of the year, tyreke will be considerably better than oj. i mean with tyreke on sactown, we easily jumped memphis for talent. this team is a legit title contender now!

:rolleyes:

Ok, Evans had a great summer league. Can you wait until he plays an NBA game before we put his in the same sentence as OJ Mayo. what's sac town starting five going to look like this year.

MannyO
08-06-2009, 09:52 PM
That was going to be one of my reasons lol yeah as a 7th grader lead his Rose Hill ( KY) team to the sweet 16 averaging 20 ppg then as a 8th 23 ppg. He transeferred there because in Kentucky you don't have to be in HS to play varsity. And the crazy part was it wasn't like he was a 6'6 dude like LeBron James was around that age. He was only 6'1 7th grader dropping 30+ sometimes against 6'6 Senior guards in HS. Yeah, I have a lot of Mayo info in my head, I have been following his game intensely since his freshman year of HS, so a lot of this information I don't even have to look up.

he even lead his team to a 20-0 season. This guy is something else.Spends countless hours in the gym (thats my dream if only I had an open court), I wonder what workouts he does.

unknown101
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Sucks that Mayo prolly wont improve his stats much this season since hes got Z-Bo :(

yungtyrekeevans
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
:rolleyes:

Ok, Evans had a great summer league. Can you wait until he plays an NBA game before we put his in the same sentence as OJ Mayo. what's sac town starting five going to look like this year.

they gotta trade martin and they should be good. tyreke would avg 20+ for sure, i'd say 25 though. though if he dont get traded.

evans
martin
nocioni
jason thompson
spencer hawes

thats a good team. should make playoffs.

PaperClip
08-06-2009, 09:54 PM
lilojmayo, what's your honest opinion on D-Rose and Eric Gordon? How do they compare to Mayo, in your thoughts?

lilojmayo
08-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Sucks that Mayo prolly wont improve his stats much this season since hes got Z-Bo :(

Mayo could see about 40 minutes a game. Since he is most likely going to be playing quite a bit of point. He stats might actually improve, especially the assists. Since Z-bo can knock down his open jumper, something that killed us last year were players not being able to knock down the open jumper when teams collasped on mayo ( I'm talking to you Mike Conley, Quinton Ross, Darrell Arthur, Marco Jaric).

We ran a very slow paced offense last year with all our young guys we were close to last in scoring. If we can run a fast pace game like Suns of a few years ago, Mayo's numbers will go up even with all these new pieces like Z-bo and thabeet.

MannyO
08-06-2009, 09:57 PM
they gotta trade martin and they should be good. tyreke would avg 20+ for sure, i'd say 25 though. though if he dont get traded.

evans
martin
nocioni
jason thompson
spencer hawes

na I highly doubt that. Watch when he faces O.J, hes gunna destroy him. I don't think Tyreke is ready to make an instant impact like that.

lilojmayo
08-06-2009, 10:00 PM

evans
martin
nocioni
jason thompson
spencer hawes

I think Thompson is going to be an absolute stud. I think your a little weak at the SF spot. Nocioni is more of a 6th man/ Energy player. In the olympics he differed to Ginobili and Scola. Kevin Martin can score on anyone, even LeBron James said it, but really doesn't match of anything else that includes defense.

Again, we have to see how Evans adjusts to the NBA game, before we can tell how good they will be. I see lottery though they need to get stronger in the SF, and C position, but who knows anything is possible.

unknown101
08-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Mayo could see about 40 minutes a game. Since he is most likely going to be playing quite a bit of point. He stats might actually improve, especially the assists. Since Z-bo can knock down his open jumper, something that killed us last year were players not being able to knock down the open jumper when teams collasped on mayo ( I'm talking to you Mike Conley, Quinton Ross, Darrell Arthur, Marco Jaric).

We ran a very slow paced offense last year with all our young guys we were close to last in scoring. If we can run a fast pace game like Suns of a few years ago, Mayo's numbers will go up even with all these new pieces like Z-bo and thabeet.

I thought taking thabeet was not that good, they traded Pau Gasol to get Marc and now they are going to have him as a backup? Plus when they signed Haddadi, they said they think they pretty much got a first round pick for free, and still draft Thabeet. I think they should have traded down and drafted a pg since Conley hasn't been too good so far. Maybe like Curry so they have a very capable shooter who can still distribute the ball.

But then again, you know MUCH more about Memphis than me

unknown101
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM

evans
martin
nocioni
jason thompson
spencer hawes

Jason Thompson is a beast, in his 1st 2 weeks of playing I think he was averaging like 15/10 on 55+% shooting or something crazy like that.

yungtyrekeevans
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
I think Thompson is going to be an absolute stud. I think your a little weak at the SF spot. Nocioni is more of a 6th man/ Energy player. In the olympics he differed to Ginobili and Scola. Kevin Martin can score on anyone, even LeBron James said it, but really doesn't match of anything else that includes defense.

Again, we have to see how Evans adjusts to the NBA game, before we can tell how good they will be. I see lottery though they need to get stronger in the SF, and C position, but who knows anything is possible.

thats why they need to trade martin! while his value is high, trade him for a big man, or a sf.

tyreke can easily carry the scoring, they just need good defense, which tyreke does already.

yungtyrekeevans
08-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Jason Thompson is a beast, in his 1st 2 weeks of playing I think he was averaging like 15/10 on 55+% shooting or something crazy like that.

are you a kings fan unknown?

unknown101
08-06-2009, 10:04 PM
are you a kings fan unknown?

Rockets, I just like Thompson and Evans.

I remember reading Evans diary things in slam magazine. Wasn't he only like 6'4 in his senior year of HS and gained 2 inches in that 1 year of college?

yungtyrekeevans
08-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Rockets, I just like Thompson and Evans.

I remember reading Evans diary things in slam magazine. Wasn't he only like 6'4 in his senior year of HS and gained 2 inches in that 1 year of college?

yep. also hit the gym. hes already stronger than wade, kobe and mayo. hes 225lbs already.

PaperClip
08-06-2009, 10:17 PM
yep. also hit the gym. hes already stronger than wade, kobe and mayo. hes 225lbs already.

Mayo and Evans both did 7 reps in the bench press at the draft combine.

yungtyrekeevans
08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Mayo and Evans both did 7 reps in the bench press at the draft combine.

tyreke has a bigger wingspan, therefore he has to push it further. :rolleyes:

hes stronger than oj.

xOShakespearexO
08-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Evans> Mayo and Rose.

MannyO
08-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Evans> Mayo and Rose.

hell no. Evans is not at their level.

lilojmayo
08-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Reason 92: His Name

http://www.buttermilkpress.com/orange_juice.jpg

Yes we all knew it was coming sooner than later, so let's just get it over with. His name O.J. Mayo very unique name. Not just because it can stand for "Orange Juice Mayonaise", but just the sound of it. Say it to yourself slowly, O.J. Mayo. The O.J. part kind of sounds like squeeze part of the orange. The Mayo just makes it sound smooth at the end, it is a smooth name to say. It might have caught my eye/ears without me even realizing it when i was such a young age. If I heard of a phenom named like Ryan Harris something common, i might have not be so eagered to find out who he was, but his name was O.J. Mayo" The Next One"

MannyO
08-07-2009, 01:06 PM

+

http://www.english-shop.de/images/hellmann_s_light_mayonnaise_600g.jpg

+

http://ihome.ust.hk/~su_ceng/basketball.jpg

=

http://blogs.eveningsun.com/mull/OJ%20Mayo.jpg

Im gonna make that when I get home lol

unknown101
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM

+

+

=

:roll: :roll: I am also a big fan of his name, it's just so amazing.

John Smith
08-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh, this was started by that Punk who never owned up to his bet. LilOJMayo = str8 b1tch

gotbacon23
08-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Oh, this was started by that Punk who never owned up to his bet. LilOJMayo = str8 b1tch

look at his avatar. he went on hiatus for a while but at least he is living up to the bet now. i actually used to not like liloj but i think hes pretty cool now. likes oj a lil too much, but hes alright in my book.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-07-2009, 06:21 PM

this, but OJ Mayo is still a legend.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-07-2009, 06:22 PM

+

+

=

repped

CJ Mustard
08-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Good stuff.

Finger Roll
08-07-2009, 06:43 PM
break out year!

MannyO
08-08-2009, 07:48 PM
w.e happened to this. Reason 91

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-08-2009, 10:56 PM

What gives LILOJMAYO, i signed on ISH for the sole purpose of reading reason 91, and i don't see it.

lilojmayo
08-08-2009, 11:43 PM

sorry weekends are kind of crazy. I'll make a few more reasons tomorrow to make up for today.

Jakeh008
08-09-2009, 04:20 AM
[QUOTE=lilojmayo]

Then anytime he scored with Rose ( since the game developers made Rose practically the best PG in the game with his crazy speed and dunking), he would say " I'm D-Rose"

Westbrook is the best PG in 2K9 IMO.
I had a OJ/Westbrook combo on my association team for a while.
One of my favorite combos I have used

MannyO
08-10-2009, 10:11 AM
dam men you abandoned this thread, it was going good too.

xOShakespearexO
08-10-2009, 10:27 AM
dam men you abandoned this thread, it was going good too.

He probably realized that there was no way on earth he could come up with 99 reasons. liloj is up there in stans, but he is not the worst. The only person that could come up with 99 legit reasons on ISH for their favorite player is CantStop

MannyO
08-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Had a feeling it was going to end but not this early lol.

lilojmayo
08-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Reason 91: "Only 5 Days"

http://www.hoopsworld.com/assets/homepage/3026.jpg

Ok so I am going to switch it up a little bit. So far all my reasons have been about HS. I am obviously going to continue to do that because a lot of people don

lilojmayo
08-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Had a feeling it was going to end but not this early lol.

no i am really doing all 99 reasons i need to start like tripling it up because i want the reasons to match up with the days so it will make the countdown more efficient. It is hard for me on weekends to take the time out of my day and post a reason, because you guys don't realize this, but even though i have all the information in my head, I still need to look it up to make sure it is right. I don't want to be posting false info on here. I am in class rim right now, so this is much more entertaining to me than listening to the teacher talk, class is almost over soon i'll do a several more then head on over to chipotle to get a chicken burrita, then to my HS to start my basketball workout. Then after that i am going to the open gym at this church it will be nice i'll be balling for about 6 or 7 hours today i am going to feel it on my legs tomorrow morning lol.

Maniak
08-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Damn Liloj, its raining here so I doubt I'll even get an hour in today. Bah.

lilojmayo
08-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Damn Liloj, its raining here so I doubt I'll even get an hour in today. Bah.

I hate when it rains, because it kills the mood for doing anything for the day really.

lilojmayo
08-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Reason 90: Tracy McGrady Take Over Ability Pt 1

http://media.commercialappeal.com/mca/content/img/photos/2009/02/04/TNNB201_t335.jpg

“Tracy McGrady Take Over Ability” few people have this trait. It just can’t be taking over a game at the end of games. It is hard to put it into words, but you know when a player has “it”. For the many of us who have forgotten Tracy McGrady in his years with the Magic, especially in the 2002/2003 season was a force offensively that I have never seen before, he was like Kobe x10. He used to literally be able to bring a team that was down by 10 + points in the fourth quarter and carry his team single handly back in the game, and make it look easy.
O.J. Mayo has shown this unique ability and it is scary, in a few games in his rookie year. I think each of them deserves its’ own reason. That’s how much I like this characteristic about Tracy McGrady and now O.J. Mayo.

On November 10, 2008 Grizzlies vs Suns. O.J Mayo had just started putting up numbers, but few in the Suns crowd would realize they were about to realize “ Greatness” a star literally being born in front of their eyes.
Mayo looked up at the clock 11:06 minutes left Memphis down 70-83. Then something inside of him hit him and it unlocked his Tracy McGrady Takeover ability. Literally he did it on his own scoring and passing at will. Memphis ended up taken the lead. You might ask, why lilojmayo haven’t I heard of such a game? It is because at the very end of the game Mayo had a 3pt to win the game, but missed. If he would have made it this game would have gone down as one of the greatest individual performance by a rookie in a regular season game in NBA history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5sRFO18hFY Highlights of this game. I want you to start it at 1:32 marker first. The video will do the rest of the talking for me. play attention to the scoreboard also.

Batman
08-10-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5sRFO18hFY Highlights of this game. I want you to start it at 1:32 marker first. The video will do the rest of the talking for me. play attention to the scoreboard also.

I never thought i would say this but your making me think twice now about who is better Rose or Mayo and i would classify myself as a Rose loyalist.

The Joker
08-10-2009, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=lilojmayo]

http://media.commercialappeal.com/mca/content/img/photos/2009/02/04/TNNB201_t335.jpg

lilojmayo
08-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Reason 89: Tracy McGrady Takeover Ability Part 2.

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/turnersports/6511/77371679.jpg

This was probably my favorite Mayo game of the entire year and I probably watched about 70 games of him this year. Nothing beats the excitement of this game.

December 27,2008 Grizzlies @ Spurs. Mayo would finally get a chance to go up against an old Manu Ginobili, and Bruce Bowen. Both of them had no answer for Mayo, but it wasn’t just that. This game went into double OT. Mayo started getting hot just because of a trick play throwing the ball off Bowen’s back for a slam dunk. During the 4th quarter and ot it seemed that Mayo made every big play for the Grizzlies just to keep them in the game. Like always end of the game in double OT Mayo uses his court vision to try to feed Rudy Gay the rock underneath the basket. Gay wasn’t expect and bobbled the ball. Once again if Mayo would have taken and made the last shot for the game winner it would have gone down as a classic game for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJO0zKr13Kc Highlights of that game start it at the 1:05 marker

Basketman
08-10-2009, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=lilojmayo]
Reason 89: Tracy McGrady Takeover Ability Part 2.

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/turnersports/6511/77371679.jpg

This was probably my favorite Mayo game of the entire year and I probably watched about 70 games of him this year. Nothing beats the excitement of this game.

December 27,2008 Grizzlies @ Spurs. Mayo would finally get a chance to go up against an old Manu Ginobili, and Bruce Bowen. Both of them had no answer for Mayo, but it wasn

lilojmayo
08-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Reason 88: ABCD Camp

http://uschoops.com/abcd/abcd3.jpg

ABCD Camp. This camp is held in the summer in NJ. Here Jay-Z tries to kiss a$$ to the next big talents like LeBron James and OJ Mayo thinking they will sign with his Brooklyn Nets when their contracts expire. Anyway this Camp is very prestigious; it was the camp that turned Tracy McGrady from an unranked senior to the #2 Senior in the nation. Past MVPs include Kobe Bryant, Rarshard Lewis, Stephon Marbury, LeBron James, and ours truly O.J. Mayo. Mayo won this award twice.

Mayo was the only sophomore at the time to be invited to the camp in the summer of 04’. Mayo went from the young guy trying to make a name for himself. LeBron James obviously graduated the year before, and showed why he was the “ Chosen One” in the NBA. Mayo in the summer of 04’ just started playing his some of his best basketball at that time. Rumors had it that Mayo would be ranked the number 1 player regardless of class as a sophomore. Mayo however will always be remembered for his summer of 05 showdown with Lance Stephenson which I will get to in my next reason.

lilojmayo
08-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Reason 87: O.J. Mayo vs Lance Stephenson ( ABCD Camp)

http://uschoops.com/abcd/abcd5.jpg

This battle will be talked upon at ABCD for a very long time. In the summer of 05, OJ Mayo was the consensus top player in the Nation. There was this upcoming freshman with a low mental and basketball IQ who was known as

LebrickJames84'
08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=lilojmayo]
Reason 87: O.J. Mayo vs Lance Stephenson ( ABCD Camp)

http://uschoops.com/abcd/abcd5.jpg

This battle will be talked upon at ABCD for a very long time. In the summer of 05, OJ Mayo was the consensus top player in the Nation. There was this upcoming freshman with a low mental and basketball IQ who was known as

FrenchDude
08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah I knew this episode with Lance Stephenson :oldlol: .
The kid sounded like a retard at the end of the video..

MannyO
08-10-2009, 05:43 PM
oh dam O.J went to work on the suns and spurs if only he could have finished it would hvae been even better

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-11-2009, 09:56 PM
oh dam O.J went to work on the suns and spurs if only he could have finished it would hvae been even better

Mayo just might be the most undderated superstar in the game

OneMoreSucka
08-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Mayo just might be the most undderated superstar in the game
Except for the fact that he's not a superstar, yes.

Agent_Zero
08-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Is this really happening...

The Joker
08-11-2009, 10:04 PM
http://www.onemanfastbreak.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/mayo_kobe.jpg
Poor kid can't keep up with Kobe

branslowski
08-11-2009, 10:11 PM

He had a few play's where he shook Kobe and made a jumper on him...

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-11-2009, 10:26 PM
He had a few play's where he shook Kobe and made a jumper on him...

I'll try to find the clip. One play OJ Mayo toyed with Kobe on the top of the key and knocked down a 3 pointer in Kobe's face.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-11-2009, 10:28 PM

It is pretty obvious that Mayo is destined to take Kobe's Place as the best perimeter guard in the world. Just like Kobe did with Jordan.

This quote is off youtube

I was watching this on league pass, I remember the scenario where Kobe came down and hit the jumper over Mayo and then Mayo backdoors Kobe for the dunk was very reminiscent of Lakers vs Bulls, Jordan hits the J over Kobe, next play Kobe backdoors Jordan for the dunk. Think about it ppl, check it out, very similar plays and scenarios.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJykLRKT6DQ

The Joker
08-11-2009, 10:31 PM
It is pretty obvious that Mayo is destined to take Kobe's Place as the best perimeter guard in the world. Just like Kobe did with Jordan.

This quote is off youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJykLRKT6DQ
I know Mayo is gonna be great but it's fun pissing people off :oldlol:

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-11-2009, 10:34 PM
I'll try to find the clip. One play OJ Mayo toyed with Kobe on the top of the key and knocked down a 3 pointer in Kobe's face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPqLtc87fXk here it is. putting the ball between your legs w/o dribbling, then spotting up for a 3 pointer. That's hard to do, especially with the best perimeter defender in the NBA guarding you.

branslowski
08-11-2009, 10:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUn9UNIJGO4:oldlol:

I just jokin, I really love OJ...

The Joker
08-11-2009, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUn9UNIJGO4:oldlol:

I just jokin, I really love OJ...
Ouch :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :oldlol: :oldlol:

lilojmayo
08-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Reason 86: O.J. Mayo vs Dwyane Wade

http://media.commercialappeal.com/mca/content/img/photos/2008/12/14/zzzzHeat-Grizzlies-Basketba.jpg

Wade was a man on a mission. 2 weeks prior to his matchup against OJ, he was putting up Jordan like numbers. 37 points 13 assists, 41 points 8reb, 43 points 6 assists. Nobody could stop him. On December 14 Wade had no idea at the force he was about to matchup with in OJ Mayo.

See, before this matchup the haters still weren't convinced that Mayo should be mentioned as the Second Coming. They said he wasn't fast enough to keep up with Wade, that he was undesized, he wasn't athletic enough to be "Like Wade".

Mayo once again just kept quiet and let's his game do all the talking. Mayo dominated Wade this game, Mayo made Wade look like the "rookie".

This was the first game where the haters started to admit that Mayo has the potential to be better than Wade. Keep in mind that Mayo is 6 years younger than Wade, these stats should have never happened

Wade's Stats: 17 points 2 Rebs 5 assists 5-16 FG 0-2 3pt 7-8 FT
Mayo's Stats: 28 points 5 rebs 4 assists 8-17 FG 4-4 3pt 8-8 FT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yo-0zTlEk Put it at 1:32 min marker. This is the only shot I want you see, it says Mayo ceiling is higher than yours Wade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaBlnDZaFGg&feature=related oj mayo highlights of the game

unknown101
08-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Reason 86: O.J. Mayo vs Dwyane Wade

http://media.commercialappeal.com/mca/content/img/photos/2008/12/14/zzzzHeat-Grizzlies-Basketba.jpg

Wade was a man on a mission. 2 weeks prior to his matchup against OJ, he was putting up Jordan like numbers. 37 points 13 assists, 41 points 8reb, 43 points 6 assists. Nobody could stop him. On December 14 Wade had no idea at the force he was about to matchup with in OJ Mayo.

See, before this matchup the haters still weren't convinced that Mayo should be mentioned as the Second Coming. They said he wasn't fast enough to keep up with Wade, that he was undesized, he wasn't athletic enough to be "Like Wade".

Mayo once again just keeps quiet and let's his game do all the talking. Mayo dominated Wade this game, Mayo made Wade look like the "rookie".

This was the first game where the haters started to admit that Mayo has the potential to be better than Wade. Keep in mind that Mayo is 6 years younger than Wade, these stats should have never happened

Wade's Stats: 17 points 2 Rebs 5 assists 5-16 FG 0-2 3pt 7-8 FT
Mayo's Stats: 28 points 5 rebs 4 assists 8-17 FG 4-4 3pt 8-8 FT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yo-0zTlEk Put it at 1:32 min marker. This is the only shot I want you see, it says Mayo ceiling is higher than yours Wade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaBlnDZaFGg&feature=related oj mayo highlights of the game

Might want to switch that to 1:34, 1:32 is an open 3-pointer. But the shot at 1:34 was sick. Everyone who posted in this thread should have to rep lilojmayo for pulling this off so far. I alrdy did, you should too!

OneMoreSucka
08-12-2009, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPqLtc87fXk here it is. putting the ball between your legs w/o dribbling, then spotting up for a 3 pointer. That's hard to do, especially with the best perimeter defender in the NBA guarding you.
Kobe gave him that shot....

lilojmayo
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Kobe gave him that shot....

looks like kobe got caught watching

xOShakespearexO
08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
If Mayo outplays Wade this year again i will change my name to D-wade sucks.

Grinder
08-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Ignore the game where Wade had 27/8 and Mayo had 21/2. :lol

Batman
08-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Ignore the game where Wade had 27/8 and Mayo had 21/2. :lol
they play on december 13. Wade might go off for 50 on Mayo, because we all know Wade tweets, so he has probably seen nonsense like this across the internet.

Papaya Petee
08-13-2009, 01:22 PM
LilOjMayo how come you didn't talk about the other game where Wade destroyed Mayo?

Honestly he had one bad game and Mayo had one of the best games of his life and you say that Mayo will be better then Wade.

Mayo will NEVER, be at the level of Wade, NEVER.

lilojmayo
08-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Reason 85: He Likes Allen Iverson

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/SZhao672UcI/AAAAAAAAFTM/UwzSteWzaVA/s400/allen+iverson+cut+his+cornrows.jpg

OJ Mayo is trying to become the vocal leader, not just the best player aka "The Franchise" of the Grizzlies. One of Mayo's first vocal things he said is how he would love to play along side Allen " The Answer" Iverson. Some say the reason he wants to do this is to become the PG, while Iverson goes to the SG spot. His reason however is how AI would make him a better player, and give him many pointers especially during practice.

Q.What would Allen Iverson bring to the team?

Mayo's response
I think he can really help us in many different ways. First of all, I think a lot of people would be interested to come and watch Allen Iverson play here in Memphis and play with us. That would generate a lot of energy with our fans and our community… And then, just learn from him - he’s definitely one of the tougher guys in the league, and playing through the injuries, and playing through whenever things aren’t great… Me and Mike (Conley) are young, physically we’re there but mentally we’re still behind the players like the Kobes, the Brandon Roys, the Chauncey Billups - all the great one and two guards. So, to have a guy like Allen Iverson and going against him every day in practice would definitely make us better and help prepare us

Personally I think we forget how great Allen Iverson was and still is. Yes, he was an inefficient scorer, but can you blame him he is only 5'11 barefoot. He was still the most exciting player to watch growning up. He even caused the NBA to allow the zone defense because nobody could keep AI out the lane. ( Listen to the Jadakiss song if you don't believe me). Not to mention he made carry the ball pretty much legal in every level of basketball from youth,to aau/hs, rec, college, nba whatever. That allowed great ball handlers to do so many more moves to the basket like Jamal Crawford, John Wall etc. I even copped a pair of the A5s. Iverson had to be up their as my favorite players, I would always go out back as a little kid and practice his killer crossover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMbhTj8HcU LOL at can't believe they called carrying in 97' shows how much the game has change because of AI.

lilojmayo
08-13-2009, 03:09 PM
LilOjMayo how come you didn't talk about the other game where Wade destroyed Mayo?

Honestly he had one bad game and Mayo had one of the best games of his life and you say that Mayo will be better then Wade.

Mayo will NEVER, be at the level of Wade, NEVER.

. I've never been one to get into e-arguments over Player X vs Player Y so when are they playing Dec 13? Mayo vs Wade, I'll meet you in the game thread. :cheers:

TheAnchorman
08-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Keep it up, LilOJMayo. I'd like to see your other 84 reasons, I didn't know OJ was amazing in high school. Repped.

Batman
08-13-2009, 03:18 PM
come on liloj why are you trying to give allen iverson credit. He is a CANCER, to every single basktball team he has been on. His no pass, shoot only attitude is the reason he is unemployed now.

LebrickJames84'
08-13-2009, 03:43 PM
my favorite one so far has to be oj vs dominguez that game was crazy.

Da KO King
08-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Nice thread homie

xOShakespearexO
08-13-2009, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=lilojmayo]

BlackMamba24
08-13-2009, 04:22 PM
ima tell you right now..mayo aint gonna be half the player kobe is

Batman
08-13-2009, 07:59 PM
ima tell you right now..mayo aint gonna be half the player kobe is

:applause: :roll:

MannyO
08-13-2009, 08:53 PM
idk bout that reason on AI. I mean AI was GREAT back in his days this dude was crazy he got buckets like nothing. But he doesn't want to practice and he wants to be a starter everytime. I guess you can't blame him for wanting to start but not going to practice won't make you any better.

lilojmayo
08-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Reason 84: All-Decade High School Team

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/oj_mayo-arton22183-240x240.jpg

From the year 2000-2009 we saw an uprise in HS prospect hype. The simply reason is called youtube. Youtube made it so easy to see the latest upcoming stars. Of course It all started with LeBron James from St Vincent/St Marys. Then LeBron even had a challenger that was less than a year older than him in Carmelo Anthony. These two were suppose to be this generation Larry and Magic. It is destined to happen, both of them meeting in the finals. They both got their teams to the conference finals this year.
Then right after Bron, it was Mayo. Check out the All Decade Team.

I thing I like about this list the most is the first 2 teams could easily be our National team in 2012, and win Gold easily. That's how good this decade has been. 10s decade we could be seeing the best basketball in the pro level ever.

First Team All-Decade

C: Greg Oden Lawrence North ( Indiana)
PF:Amare Stoudamire Cypress Creek (Florida)
SF:Carmelo Anthony Oak Hill Academy ( Virginia)
SG:LeBron James St. Vincent-St. Mary (Ohio),
PG: O.J. Mayo North College Hill (Ohio),

Second Team All-Decade
C: Dwight Howard Atlanta Christian ( Georgia)
PF: Kevin Love Lake Oswego (Oregon)
SF: Kevin Durant Montrose Christian ( Maryland)
G: Derrick Rose Simeon (Illinois)
G: Chris Paul West Forsyth ( North Carolina)

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/zB4afXuqEd6OEwAcxJTdpg/lebron,-carmelo,-oj,-head-all-decade-basketball-team.htm

The Joker
08-14-2009, 11:33 AM
^ that's interesting

lilojmayo
08-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Reason 83: His Last Dunk

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper997/stills/8p554q9p.jpg

This dunk has to be one of my favorites dunks done by the OJ Mayo. It isn't the flashy dunk though it is hard to do since he threw it off the backboard from past the NBA 3 point line. It is what he did after the dunk. throwing the ball into the crowd, raising his hand up like mission accomplished. How many players do you know that have dunked and thrown the ball into the crowd. I've even seeing myself every once in awhile try to attempt a dunk like that when i am by myself, then throwing the ball into the bleachers.
What a great way to end such a hyped HS career, not to mention on the sidenote his team won the state championship just a minute later after this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RKoXNToOnk The Last Dunk Classic

lilojmayo
08-14-2009, 11:48 AM
^ that's interesting

IK and all those players are 25 and under. I am so certain this will by far be the best era ( talent wise) of the NBA. and John Wall isn't even in the league yet.

The Joker
08-14-2009, 11:56 AM
IK and all those players are 25 and under. I am so certain this will by far be the best era ( talent wise) of the NBA. and John Wall isn't even in the league yet.
It definitely looks promising and I'm hoping all of them will do great.

The Joker
08-14-2009, 11:58 AM

This dunk has to be one of my favorites dunks done by the OJ Mayo. It isn't the flashy dunk though it is hard to do since he threw it off the backboard from past the NBA 3 point line. It is what he did after the dunk. throwing the ball into the crowd, raising his hand up like mission accomplished. How many players do you know that have dunked and thrown the ball into the crowd. I've even seeing myself every once in awhile try to attempt a dunk like that when i am by myself, then throwing the ball into the bleachers.
What a great way to end such a hyped HS career, not to mention on the sidenote his team won the state championship just a minute later after this.

Did he like get a technical for that or something?

lilojmayo
08-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Reason 82: He Never Backs Down

http://www.hoopsusa.com/images_pub/O.J.%20Mayo%203.jpg

This was the game where OJ Mayo was labeled as a "Thug" until he finished his nba rookie year, and still the haters are calling him a " Thug". I didn't see that, I like what I saw. I saw a player who doesn't back down from anybody. Ok, so I guess OJ Mayo dunked hard off one foot, and held the ball to let the other team know what was up. The ref T'd him up. Then as Mayo walked down court, a player on the other team elbowed Mayo, because he couldn't stand the "a$$ whooping" Mayo was laying down on their team. Then to make it worse he didn't " Man Up" to it when Mayo got in his face, he acted like he did nothing. If you going to be dirty, own up to it and don't act like you didn't do shyt. Then once again we had a " Joey Crawford" like ref who likes to get in on the action. This ref T's up Mayo again which was an ejection. Mayo couldn't believe it walked up to him, then this ref flop on the floor trying to act like Mayo pushed him to the ground. This was a time when Mayo realize he has a lot of haters coming after him and when Mayo was label as a "thug" similar to Carmelo Anthony.

Watch and see for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt4YdLdXjM

Basketman
Why is OJ Mayo over Chris Paul on the first team? Chris Paul is way more proven than OJ at the moment. And Greg Oden over Dwight Howard??? Huh??

lilojmayo
Did he like get a technical for that or something?

yeah he did.

lilojmayo
08-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Why is OJ Mayo over Chris Paul on the first team? Chris Paul is way more proven than OJ at the moment. And Greg Oden over Dwight Howard??? Huh??

That was for High School. It was first and second team all decade. That is just what they did in HS.

The Joker
08-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Reason 82: He Never Backs Down

http://www.hoopsusa.com/images_pub/O.J.%20Mayo%203.jpg

This was the game where OJ Mayo was labeled as a "Thug" until he finished his nba rookie year, and still the haters are calling him a " Thug". I didn't see that, I like what I saw. I saw a player who doesn't back down from anybody. Ok, so I guess OJ Mayo dunked hard off one foot, and held the ball to let the other team know what was up. The ref T'd him up. Then as Mayo walked down court, a player on the other team elbowed Mayo, because he couldn't stand the "a$$ whooping" Mayo was laying down on their team. Then to make it worse he didn't " Man Up" to it when Mayo got in his face, he acted like he did nothing. If you going to be dirty, own up to it and don't like you didn't do shyt. Then once again we had a " Joey Crawford" like ref who likes to get in on the action. This ref T's up Mayo again which was an ejection. Mayo couldn't believe it walked up to him, then this ref flop on the floor trying to act like Mayo pushed him to the ground. This was a time when Mayo realize he has a lot of haters coming after him.

Watch and see for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt4YdLdXjM
Wow that was sad... It's a shame.

lilojmayo
08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Reason 81: " The Boom"

http://www.ojmayonnaise.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/oj-mayo-grizzlies.jpg

This was Mayo's first posterize dunk at the NBA level. It was known across Youtube and the Web as " The Boom." It was summer league play as the Memphis and Mayo got ready for the upcoming season. Hilton Armstrong was the victim. In a fast break he tried to jump with Mayo. Let's roll the tapes shall we. " Welcome to the NBA".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTFgwfAcgS4 < This angle makes it looks sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTs-2raFAFo < different angle.

Batman
08-14-2009, 12:37 PM
OJ was super cocky in HS, what happened I always thought he was the quiet guy. Keep up the reason. Before I thought there was no way you could come up with 99 legit reasons, but I guess your proven me wrong.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
You have almost matched the remaining days to reasons.

I'm too big on ISH.

gotbacon23
08-14-2009, 01:10 PM

that dunk and throwing the ball in the stands screams "i'm an a$$ hole". i don't think he is in general, but that dunk was kind of dickish

The Joker
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
I got a question to lilojmayo... where do you think O.J. Mayo will play in the future?

MannyO
08-14-2009, 01:34 PM
those 3 reasons just shows how confident mayo was. Also a great competitor. Who in HS ever through the ball into the crowd to a fan? I can't think of any but he had the balls to do it.

gotbacon23
08-14-2009, 01:39 PM
those 3 reasons just shows how confident mayo was. Also a great competitor. Who in HS ever through the ball into the crowd to a fan? I can't think of any but he had the gall to do it.

fixed.

Papaya Petee
08-14-2009, 01:42 PM
. I've never been one to get into e-arguments over Player X vs Player Y so when are they playing Dec 13? Mayo vs Wade, I'll meet you in the game thread. :cheers:

Can't wait :cheers:

xOShakespearexO
08-14-2009, 09:54 PM
I got a question to lilojmayo... where do you think O.J. Mayo will play in the future?

http://traveldk.com/dkimages/0-los-angeles_master.jpg

thats what shakespeare thinks

The Joker
08-15-2009, 02:25 AM
http://traveldk.com/dkimages/0-los-angeles_master.jpg

thats what shakespeare thinks
Clippers?

liljohnnywall
08-15-2009, 06:27 PM
one reason should be how wall is better than mayo right now.

xOShakespearexO
08-16-2009, 04:01 AM
best thread of the year

Human Error
08-16-2009, 04:59 AM
1: He buys jewelry and never pays.

sergiorodriguez
08-16-2009, 05:49 AM
good thread, OJ Mayo is the second best soph on his team behind MG33

lilojmayo
08-21-2009, 11:19 AM
I haven't been able to do this in the last couple days ( a week) since I was working on my lastest ( maybe last basketball video) i am finished with it i think i might post it here as my next reason, because w/o Michael Jordan first then OJ Mayo second i doubt, I would be balling hard now because i was really into soccer as a kid more than basketball, but watching MJ do his thing on TV made me like the game. Then when he retired soccer came back to number one until i started watching OJ, then everything else is history.

lilojmayo
08-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Reason 80: He Makes Me Feel Like Balling

http://img2.allposters.com/images/LPIPOD/23597-9.jpg

We have all done it at one point or another with our favorite player. I know when i was a kid growing up I would go outside and try to copy Michael Jordan every move. Sticking out my tongue trying to fadeaway. Spreading my legs wide ( no homo) when i would go for a layup. I don't do this often, but sometimes without even realizing it when I play. I would try to do some crazy off the balance 3 pointer like Mayo, or his signature face up 3 pointer. Sometimes when i dunk i would show poor sportsmanship and hold the ball like Mayo did in his HS days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnYyOchWIu8 video of me hooping

DahLollipop
08-21-2009, 07:09 PM

We have all done it at one point or another with our favorite player. I know when i was a kid growing up I would go outside and try to copy Michael Jordan every move. Sticking out my tongue trying to fadeaway. Spreading my legs wide ( no homo) when i would go for a layup. I don't do this often, but sometimes without even realizing it when I play. I would try to do some crazy off the balance 3 pointer like Mayo, or his signature face up 3 pointer. Sometimes when i dunk i would show poor sportsmanship and hold the ball like Mayo did in his HS days.

Was 0:14-0:17 awkward? Why yes. Yes it was.

unknown101
08-21-2009, 07:20 PM

:cry: :rant

I wish I got an e-shoutout :(

unknown101
08-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Reason 81: " The Boom"

http://www.ojmayonnaise.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/oj-mayo-grizzlies.jpg

This was Mayo's first posterize dunk at the NBA level. It was known across Youtube and the Web as " The Boom." It was summer league play as the Memphis and Mayo got ready for the upcoming season. Hilton Armstrong was the victim. In a fast break he tried to jump with Mayo. Let's roll the tapes shall we. " Welcome to the NBA".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTFgwfAcgS4 < This angle makes it looks sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTs-2raFAFo < different angle.

dunk is sick, but looks like traveling to me :(

LebrickJames84'
08-22-2009, 02:46 AM

The first 5 minutes of his first video that he got bashed on in like January i know this kid had talent in the game of basketball when nobody else saw it. He was just out of shape, and never practiced, but I saw it. I hate to say i told you so.

lilojmayo
08-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Reason 79: "Intelligence"

http://buddhapest.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/albert-einstein-imagination.jpg

Not many NBA players have high IQs/Test Scores/Grades, on the simple fact is they spent all their time balling their whole lives. Some of them can't even score in the bottom 5% range when they take their ACT/SAT ( I'm talking to you Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings). Some like Grant Hill and yes the one and only OJ Mayo excel in those type of test. Mayo scored a 29 i believe which is in the top 5% of the country. Now yes that is sketchy, me being a hardcore Mayo fan even can't deny that. I am pretty sure it was flag by the testing department, so Mayo probably had to take it again and so once again he proved the doubters wrong.

OneMoreSucka
08-24-2009, 11:49 AM
These reasons are such cop outs

lilojmayo
08-24-2009, 12:12 PM
These reasons are such cop outs

lol I want to knock out as many reasons as possible before I start talking about his actual game, how he plays so far i have done 20 and none of them have been about his game.

MannyO
08-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Whenever I think of OJ MAyo I want to go out and make 300 jumpshots(which i end up doing) then I ball against better people and whoop the nicely.

USAF_AMMO
08-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Your love for OJ is insane..... If my son was this obsessed with any man I would think I failed as a father.

rosonviyavong
08-25-2009, 01:04 AM
You gonna run out you shoulda just stuck with 15 or something man you pretty much listed everything I woulda thought of but still some more you can put

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-26-2009, 08:39 PM
keep it going liloj only 78 more to go. You know Kobe was very bright himself he can speak 3 or 4 languages. Then you have dumba*sses like Derrick Rose who can barely read and write at a 5th grade level.

Jeffrey_Teague
08-26-2009, 08:40 PM
keep it going liloj only 78 more to go. You know Kobe was very bright himself he can speak 3 or 4 languages. Then you have dumba*sses like Derrick Rose who can barely read and write at a 5th grade level.
:lol :lol

MannyO
09-02-2009, 11:15 AM
cmon men keep the reasons coming your slackin.

phoenix18
09-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Look at my headline lilojmayo. IN YOUR FACE!!! Miracle Whip for the win b*tch!

lilojmayo
09-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Reason 78: OJ Mayo vs St. Patricks ( First National Televised Game)

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/56/562642.jpg

When i first heard this game was going to be on ESPN, I told all my friends in advisory ( home room). Advisory is sorted by last names somehow 5 of the 12 players on the basketball team last name all started with the same letter give or take 2 letters. So we were a sports advisory lol, anyway none of them had ever seen live action of Mayo.

12 Hours later Mayo is getting ready to go up against " The Future" Corey Fisher and the #1 ranked team. Mayo at this time had gotten completel bored with the high school game. Dominating for 6 years with nothing in return. You know he had the skills to play in the NBA since he was 14 years old. He was that good.

Anyway Mayo put on an absolute show. Scoring from everywhere, past the NBA 3pt line it didn't matter. Sending the game into OT. Shutting the haters up. Mayo did miss the game winner in OT, but put on a brilliant performance. 47 points that game.

The next day everybody in my advisory was a Mayo fan. When we played we started using the phrase " He is trying to be Mayo" for the overachievers.

Enough talk look at the highlights and be wow'd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNAqAOHxvW4 :eek:

lilojmayo
09-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Reason 77: 82 Games

http://photos.cleveland.com/photos/plain-dealer/bcc47151d5835b55187a9143bb3e3713.jpg

When you talk about stamina nobody has shown that more than OJ Mayo. He not only lead all rookies in MPG, but played in every single game of his rookie year. Are we looking at the next Iron Man? We shall wait and see. ( Hopefully I didn't jinx him)

lilojmayo
09-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Reason 76 "West Virginia"

http://www.solarpowerrocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/west-virginia.jpg

OJ is from WV just like Jason Williams, Randy Moss, Chris Wallace and Jerry West!

[i]West Virginia (en-us-West Virginia.ogg /ˌwɛst vərˈdʒɪnjə/ (help

lilojmayo
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Reason 75: "One Freethrow"

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07vE80448B2kN/261x.jpg

It was a dark and gloomy night

TheAnchorman
09-04-2009, 05:55 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lilojmayo again.

Godammit.

liljohnnywall
09-04-2009, 05:57 PM
repped.

"Jesus"
09-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Probably one of the best threads I have seen this year.

Rep.

phoenix18
09-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Look at my headline lilojmayo. IN YOUR FACE!!! Miracle Whip for the win b*tch!
You didnt see this? Come on, I thought I had you. Damn.:oldlol: