PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 annoyingly overhyped young players

Mr. Obvious
08-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Potential for young players can only go so far before they are overrated...

1. Andrew Bynum - Whether it's someone pointing out his Hakeem-like footwork , Ewing-like mid-range jumper, or Mutombo-esque defensive potential :bowdown: ... I'm really getting sick of it either way. This guy has done NOTHING in the NBA. Even if he somehow lasts a full season and stays healthy, his ceiling is Kendrick Perkins. Naming him a top 5-10 Center means nothing when mediocre bigs like Kaman & Camby are top 10.

2. Eric Gordon - This is really getting annoying how homers are starting to talk. I used to underrate him myself coming out of college, but now these Clipper trolls are making me start to dislike the hype. Like seriously, there are Clipper fans who think both him & Griffin are going to average 20PPG next season, this crap is getting out of hand. He's a good shooter, but he's undersized & he needs the ball to be effective. IMHO, his ceiling is a more consistent Ben Gordon.

3. Wilson Chandler - C'Mon, you Knick homers were upset Walsh was considering trading him for the 5th pick? Are you serious?? A guy who put up 14/5 on 33 Minutes (:eek:) as a second year player in one of the fastest paced offenses in the NBA.... You actually think he's more valuable than a 5th pick (who would have been Rubio or Curry)?... GTFOH. At best he's a role player... that's his ceiling "role player", I won't even bother comparing his potential to any current player, because the truth is I don't even know if he could currently start on most teams in the NBA.

Post your own.

LAClipsFan33
08-03-2009, 08:14 PM
1. Andrew Bynum (Maybe the most overhyped in the league)

2. Kevin Durant (Come on guys...he's never going to be as good a Lebron)

3. Ricky Rubio (Wouldn't even make All conference in American college basketball)

ProfessorMurder
08-03-2009, 08:18 PM

3. Ricky Rubio (Wouldn't even make All conference in American college basketball)

Big difference between Durant and the other two... Durant is good and has put up great numbers, the others haven't.

DC Zephyrs
08-03-2009, 08:19 PM
1. Bynum
2. Bynum
3. Bynum

crisoner
08-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Dude Durant is a damn good player already I don't think he gets the hype he should straight up.

And for all yall hating on Bynum all the kid has to do is block shots, put backs, and rebound in career right now for him to rack up rings. He does have massive potential you would be a fool to think otherwise.

LA_Showtime
We had a similar thread last year, and Bynum proved the hype was warranted when he was healthy.

Durant isn't overrated. He's going into his 3rd season and he's already a 25 ppg scorer.

unknown101

I agree with 1 and 3, but Durant? He is going to be great and only reason the Lebron thing came up was because some reporter had nothing to right about so he said Durant > Lebron, but besides that reporter, no1 else thinks that unless they are just trolling.

I would take your list but switch Durant with Anthony Randolph... They say he is a superstar who isn't getting playing time just cause a summer league performance.

dr8ked
08-03-2009, 08:21 PM

Blasphemy. :violin:

PaperClip
08-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Mayo
Westbrook
Chandler

And Gordon got 16 points last year on only 11 FGA. It's not impossible that he'd get more points this year with Z-Bo gone.

HighFlyer23
08-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Bynum (more overrated than any other athlete in sports)
OJ Mayo (just another chucker)
Oden

Brujesino
08-03-2009, 08:23 PM
1.Stephen Curry-it pains me to say it since iam a warriors fan but goddamn the love affair with this guy is insane his first summer league game they said he looke like a pro dude had a horrible shooting percentage

2.Blake Griffin-dont see this guy living up to the hype some people talk about

3.Greg Oden his hype was annoying

Brujesino
08-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I would take your list but switch Durant with Anthony Randolph... They say he is a superstar who isn't getting playing time just cause a summer league performance.

hes not a superstar........yet:D

dr8ked
08-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Ricky Rubio - Self Explanatory

Curry - He's a Chucker, i don't get the Hype about him.

Rekindled
08-03-2009, 08:25 PM

:no:

Mr. Obvious
08-03-2009, 08:28 PM
We had a similar thread last year, and Bynum proved the hype was warranted when he was healthy.

And who exactly agreed with that?

There always seems to be some excuse with Bynum... fact is... the longest healthy stretches we've seen is the beginning of the '08 season, and the beginning of the '09 season. And his stats/impact were VERY mediocre.

Nobody wants to hear about your magnified stats over a 10 game period, or you to pin point the specific matchups you feel are most important while discarding the rest... while extrapolating nonsense stats to fit your agenda.

Fact is, even when he's healthy he's WAY too inconsistent. You MUST include his complete body of work whil healthy. That's why one game he'll have 20/10, and the next game 5/3 and foul out. At the end of the day his best averages while healthy were 13/10/2 & 14/8/2. Period.

qrich
08-03-2009, 08:32 PM
1] Andrew Bynum
2] Danilo Gallinari
3] Andrea Bargnani

2. Eric Gordon - This is really getting annoying how homers are starting to talk. I used to underrate him myself coming out of college, but now these Clipper trolls are making me start to dislike the hype. Like seriously, there are Clipper fans who think both him & Griffin are going to average 20PPG next season, this crap is getting out of hand. He's a good shooter, but he's undersized & he needs the ball to be effective. IMHO, his ceiling is a more consistent Ben Gordon.

I haven't seen one person say Griffin & Gordon will drop 20 a night, but to say it isn't possible for Gordon to average 20 is :wtf: . Last year, he didn't get calls while driving due to being a rookie, that should change this up coming season and averaged 18.4 points as a starter (46.3% FG, 39.0% 3PT, on 13.1 shots a game and 5 free throw attempts). I see him, during his prime years, averaging 20-25 a night, might not next year, but to say its crazy that he can't do it is still :wtf:.

CantStop
08-03-2009, 08:32 PM
When you say Bynum's ceiling is Kendrick Perkins, you're a blantant hater. So basically, Bynum won't improve. Damn, he's the only dude that can hit his ceiling at 21.

Dude puts up 42/15 one game, has a span of 4 games of 24/14 and 2 blocks against good teams and his ceiling is Perkins. Nevermind the fact Perkins has never touched those numbers. F*cking disgrace.

* Slaps the silly out of this kid*

Godfather
08-03-2009, 08:33 PM
1. Ricky Rubio

2. OJ Mayo

3. Derrick Rose

edit: Bynum isn't better than Perkins. Perkins is an elite defender...something Bynum is not.

jdem
08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
LeBron James. He's 24 but he's still been in the league going on 7 years, and has accomplished nothing deserving of the hype he gets. He's only been out of the second round twice and hasn't won a single finals game. He clearly isn't a winner, so why does he receive so much acclaim?

Rameek
08-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Oden Bynum JR Smith (If his brain could catch up to his talent he would be really good)

Mr_Basketball#1
08-03-2009, 08:38 PM
When you say Bynum's ceiling is Kendrick Perkins, you're a blantant hater. So basically, Bynum won't improve. Damn, he's the only dude that can hit his ceiling at 21.

Dude puts up 42/15 one game, has a span of 4 games of 24/14 and 2 blocks against good teams and his ceiling is Perkins. Nevermind the fact Perkins has never touched those numbers. F*cking disgrace.

* Slaps the silly out of this kid*
Yeah but what did he do in the playoffs? Kid has to stay healthy.

CantStop
08-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah but what did he do in the playoffs? Kid has to stay healthy.

Bynum wasn't anywhere near healthy in the playoffs. It was obvious. Couldn't jump as high, reaction was slow... only reason he came back was because he felt he let the team down last finals and didn't want to hear the " Lakers would have won with Bynum..."

LA_Showtime
08-03-2009, 08:43 PM
And who exactly agreed with that?

There always seems to be some excuse with Bynum... fact is... the longest healthy stretches we've seen is the beginning of the '08 season, and the beginning of the '09 season. And his stats/impact were VERY mediocre.

Nobody wants to hear about your magnified stats over a 10 game period, or you to pin point the specific matchups you feel are most important while discarding the rest... while extrapolating nonsense stats to fit your agenda.

Fact is, even when he's healthy he's WAY too inconsistent. You MUST include his complete body of work whil healthy. That's why one game he'll have 20/10, and the next game 5/3 and foul out. At the end of the day his best averages while healthy were 13/10/2 & 14/8/2. Period.

Even if Bynum doesn't become an all-star player 13/10/2 and 14/8/2 aren't numbers to laugh at. Seriously, not a lot of centers in today's game can average that for a season. Take into consideration that Bynum has to share the floor with Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Fisher, Artest, etc and 14/8 is looking pretty good.

Papaya Petee
08-03-2009, 08:44 PM
LeBron James. He's 24 but he's still been in the league going on 7 years, and has accomplished nothing deserving of the hype he gets. He's only been out of the second round twice and hasn't won a single finals game. He clearly isn't a winner, so why does he receive so much acclaim?

You can't be serious, I am a Lebron hater but I disagree with everything you just said. He is tied for the best NBA player with Wade, and is only 24. If you honestly thought that the Cavs were going to defeat the Spurs with the team they had, youre out of your mind. Also, last years ECF are not Lebrons fault. The guy put up something like 38,8,8 on 50%, how in the world can you blame him for that?

Sure hes overhyped, but not much, the guy is a straight up beast.

Mr. Obvious
08-03-2009, 08:47 PM
1] Andrew Bynum
2] Danilo Gallinari
3] Andrea Bargnani

I haven't seen one person say Griffin & Gordon will drop 20 a night, but to say it isn't possible for Gordon to average 20 is :wtf: . Last year, he didn't get calls while driving due to being a rookie, that should change this up coming season and averaged 18.4 points as a starter (46.3% FG, 39.0% 3PT, on 13.1 shots a game and 5 free throw attempts). I see him, during his prime years, averaging 20-25 a night, might not next year, but to say its crazy that he can't do it is still :wtf:.

Damn... I should have used Bargnani as an honorable mention, good pick.

He averaged 18PPG, but you have to consider for about 18 games straight the Clips had Gordon/Collins/Thornton/Skinner/Jordan as their starting lineup, and had Randolph, Davis & Kaman (which was supposed to be their top 3 scorers) injured for multiple games.

What chances does he get to play with as offensively deficient a lineup again?

I do think he can average 20PPG a season eventually... but some homer/trolls namely Al Thornton thinks Eric Gordon will be an all-star next year, and average over 20PPG as soon as next season :banghead:

DuMa
08-03-2009, 08:50 PM
bynum
rubio
oden

rosonviyavong
08-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Andrew Bynum is ****

clayton
08-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Rubio without any contest.

Mr. Obvious
Even if Bynum doesn't become an all-star player 13/10/2 and 14/8/2 aren't numbers to laugh at. Seriously, not a lot of centers in today's game can average that for a season. Take into consideration that Bynum has to share the floor with Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Fisher, Artest, etc and 14/8 is looking pretty good.
Considering he averaged 13/10 & 14/8 as the 3rd option in the starting lineup, it's not very impressive at all. Guys like Bogut & Okafor did very similar while being the 3rd option on their teams... difference is they aren't nearly as hyped.

And 14/8/2 is no more impressive than Perkins averaging 8/8/2 as the 5th option behind 3 future hall of famers, and a future allstar PG in Rondo.

LAClipsFan33
Dude puts up 42/15 one game

Against a rookie Center that he let score for 11/12 from the field and Brian Skinner of all people. How is that guy even in the league still ?

LAClipsFan33
08-03-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm not saying Durant isn't good, but when I see posts like "Could Durant be the GOAT one day" I'm like WTF

CantStop
08-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Considering he averaged 13/10 & 14/8 as the 3rd option in the starting lineup, it's not very impressive at all. Guys like Bogut & Okafor did very similar while being the 3rd option on their teams... difference is they aren't nearly as hyped.

And 14/8/2 is no more impressive than Perkins averaging 8/8/2 as the 5th option behind 3 future hall of famers, and a future allstar PG in Rondo.

Wow. WORST LOGIC EVER. Okafor is better than Bynum because he put up the same numbers as 2nd option as Bynum did as 3rd option?!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

LA_Showtime
08-03-2009, 09:00 PM

Yup, and you're not biased at all.:oldlol:

I really don't care what the haters think anymore. Bynum was coming into his own before the injury and a lot of the haters were beginning to admit the kid has mad potential.

Papaya Petee
08-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Wow. WORST LOGIC EVER. Okafor is better than Bynum because he put up the same numbers as 2nd option as Bynum did as 3rd option?!

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

But Bynum plays with the GOAT Kobe Bryant, wouldn't Kobe be the one that made Bynum who he is because Kobe is so amazingly good?

Mr. Obvious
08-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Okafor is better than Bynum because he put up the same numbers as 2nd option as Bynum did as 3rd option?!

:rolleyes:
First off... I never said Okafor was better than Bynum. I'm pointing out Bynum is NO better than Okafor

Second, Okafor is not the 2nd option on the Bobcats. I don't know where you get that from. Most of his points come from cleanup around the basket or the occasional isolation when starters are on the bench. Larry Brown didn't like him a whole lot and didn't run alot through him. Felton, J-Rich (pre-trade), Diaw (post-trade), and Wallace ALWAYS had more shot attempts than Okafor.

CantStop
08-03-2009, 09:04 PM
But Bynum plays with the GOAT Kobe Bryant, wouldn't Kobe be the one that made Bynum who he is because Kobe is so amazingly good?

Bynum plays with the best offensive player in the league. That's why his numbers are lower than it could be. MORON.

Papaya Petee
08-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Bynum plays with the best offensive player in the league. That's why his numbers are lower than it could be. MORON.
Pau Gasol is the best offensive player in the league now?

Because I don't see how Kobes 26 ppg on 45%FG make him a better offensive player a 30 PPG 50% Wade or a 28 PPG 50% Lebron

DuMa
08-03-2009, 09:08 PM

laker fan excuse #345

CantStop
08-03-2009, 09:10 PM
laker fan excuse #345

Excuse? It's called logic. When you play with the best, your stats go lower but you win rings. Fact.

Papaya Petee
08-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Excuse? It's called logic. When you play with the best, your stats go lower but you win rings. Fact.

Answer me....

artificial
08-03-2009, 09:12 PM
1. Bynum (this thread has turned into a good example)

2. Rubio (I'm a fan of his, but I agree: he is yet to play in the NBA)

3. OJ Mayo (he is good, but most of his fans are REALLY annoying)

CantStop
08-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Answer me....

I won't answer non sense. Any one with half a brain knows Kobe is the best offensive player in the league. Only player in the league that can say, I'm going for 60 and actually do it. % don't mean anything. What's Lebron's career high? If it ain't 60, Lebron lost. Lebron even admitted saying he watches Laker games to mimmick Kobe's footwork. Kobe's jump shot > Lebron's.

LA_Showtime
08-03-2009, 09:15 PM

How is this thread a good example? Telling people that Bynum has potential to be an all-star is overrating him? Really? :oldlol:

Papaya Petee
08-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I won't answer non sense. Any one with half a brain knows Kobe is the best offensive player in the league. Only player in the league that can say, I'm going for 60 and actually do it. % don't mean anything. What's Lebron's career high? If it ain't 60, Lebron lost. Lebron even admitted saying he watches Laker games to mimmick Kobe's footwork. Kobe's jump shot > Lebron's.

What does that have to do with anything?

Wade and Lebron manage to put up more points in a more efficient rate.

And if the reason Kobe doesn't put up higher numbers on a higher FG% is because he has good teammates, then how come he never shot higher then 47% in his career?

Prove to me why 26 ppg on 45% makes him a better offensive player then Wade for example that scores 30 ppg on 50%, when you do Ill admit youre right.

Bcogswell
08-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Rubio (He doesnt even look that good playing in Europe, let alone when he hits the NBA in like what 4 years?)

beasted86
08-03-2009, 09:19 PM
I won't answer non sense. Any one with half a brain knows Kobe is the best offensive player in the league. Only player in the league that can say, I'm going for 60 and actually do it. % don't mean anything. What's Lebron's career high? If it ain't 60, Lebron lost.

Wow... what a lame excuse. Kobe has a better career high in points... so that automatically means Kobe > LeBron. You're really stupid. Going by that logic, Jamaal Crawford > Kevin Durant since Crawford scored 52. :oldlol:

I don't mind if someone thinks Kobe>LeBron... but that reason was completely lame

CantStop

And if the reason Kobe doesn't put up higher numbers on a higher FG% is because he has good teammates, then how come he never shot higher then 47% in his career?

Prove to me why 26 ppg on 45% makes him a better offensive player then Wade for example that scores 30 ppg on 50%, when you do Ill admit youre right.

Stop using PPG like it means something. Kobe can easily average 35 ppg if he wanted to but he doesn't. Not his fault his team doesn't suck.

LA_Showtime

I think career wise Kobe is the better offensive player but at this point LeBron and Wade are better than him.

Kobe hasn't shot above 47% because he has a questionable shot selection.

Papaya Petee
08-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Stop using PPG like it means something. Kobe can easily average 35 ppg if he wanted to but he doesn't. Not his fault his team doesn't suck.

So can Lebron and Wade if they shoot 45% FG.

And how doesn't PPG mean nothing? PPG and APG show how good of a offensive player you are.....

I think career wise Kobe is the better offensive player but at this point LeBron and Wade are better than him.

Kobe hasn't shot above 47% because he has a questionable shot selection

Career wise I can agree with you, sure Lebron and Wade average a higher career PPG, but Kobe didn't get much playing time in his first 2-3 years.

I also agree with you that Lebron and Wade are better right now.

Also, do you think Kobe could have 50%FG in season even if he didn't take those shots? I think he could but then his PPG would go down as he scores a lot of his points on those crazy shots.

LA_Showtime
08-03-2009, 09:25 PM
So can Lebron and Wade if they shoot 45% FG.

And how doesn't PPG mean nothing? PPG and APG show how good of a offensive player you are.....

Career wise I can agree with you, sure Lebron and Wade average a higher career PPG, but Kobe didn't get much playing time in his first 2-3 years.

I also agree with you that Lebron and Wade are better right now.

Also, do you think Kobe could have 50%FG in season even if he didn't take those shots? I think he could but then his PPG would go down as he scores a lot of his points on those crazy shots.

Kobe still takes questionable shots, but he was a lot worse during in his younger days. I think he could've shot 50% during his prime athletic years had he not taken boneheaded shots because he could get higher percentage shots near the rim.

iDunk
08-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Wilson Chandler next Richard Jefferson.

Mr. Obvious
08-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Wilson Chandler next Richard Jefferson.
:rolleyes:
Jefferson as a second year player had more points, more rebounds, and a better FG% in a slower paced offense.... and played on a team that went to the Finals.

Chandler had the definition of "empty stats".

OneMoreSucka
08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Glad to see CantStop still getting owned when I'm not here :oldlol:

lilgodfather1
08-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Bynum just because he is a Laker he gets treated like he is Shaq or something.

Durant ummm did this kid seriously get compared to LeBron? Like did that writer seriously say what he said?

Griffen now that he is a Clipper he is going to amount to nothing.

JustinJDW
08-04-2009, 12:44 AM
1. Ricky Rubio
- God, I can't wait when he gets into the NBA, whenver that may be, because when he does he is going to get raped. It's going to be a huge reality check for Rubio.

2. Andrew Bynum
- The guy only averaged like 6 points and 4 rebounds in the Playoffs and he still gets hyped up.

3. O.J Mayo?
- I don't know, I just put him on here because everyone else is calling him overrated. I have barely watched him play at all.

magnax1
08-04-2009, 12:48 AM
As of now
1-Bynum (There is no end to over rating laker players)
2-Bynum (He deserves two spots)
3-Lebron (everytime I here someone say he'll end up better than Jordan or as good as jordan or plays like jordan I just want to murder them)

Hammertime
08-04-2009, 12:53 AM
I get the feeling we'll still be hearing about Bynum's potential when he's 27.

The reality is that the kid is going to be 22 when the season starts. When people say he's got "massive" potential, there's expectations. When there's comparisons with Hall-of-Famers, there's expectations. When people casually talk about how he's got the potential to be the best center in the league and rival Howard, there's expectations.

Grabbing rebounds, blocking shots, and playing D once in a while is what Camby does. Great centers did much, much more than that. If you're going to compare Bynum to Hakeem, Dwight, or even someone like Brad Daugherty, he's gotta do more. He's gotta score more, for one. He's gotta be able to take over games, not just influence them. I could go own, but all this stuff's been beaten to death. I'll just point out again that he's going to be 22 going into this season, and I'll list the numbers some other centers of the past put up at 22. The format is PTS/REBS/ASTS/BLKS

Kareem: 28/14/4/NA
Hakeem: 21/12/1/3
Ewing: 20/9/2/2
Duncan: 22/12/3/3
Daugherty: 19/8/4/1
Shaq: 29/11/3/3
Dwight: 21/14/1/2
Alonzo: 21/11/1/3
Moses Malone: 19/15/1/1

Is anyone honestly going to argue that based on what he's shown so far, Bynum is going to enter this company?

justin43
08-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Before all Bynum haters list his playoffs stats, be sure to put an asterisk by them since Bynum was injured.:banghead:

He seems overhyped just because he never gets the chance to stay for a whole season. It seems unfair to put him in this list. Andrew has potenial that just hasn't came up yet due to his own teammates taking out his knees.:banghead:

CantStop
08-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Is anyone honestly going to argue that based on what he's shown so far, Bynum is going to enter this company?

Now name me one person in the thread that did.

LAClipsFan33
08-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Before all Bynum haters list his playoffs stats, be sure to put an asterisk by them since Bynum was injured.:banghead:

He seems overhyped just because he never gets the chance to stay for a whole season. It seems unfair to put him in this list. Andrew has potenial that just hasn't came up yet due to his own teammates taking out his knees.:banghead:

He hasn't been healthy since he was like 15. Being hurt is just him

JustinJDW
08-04-2009, 01:00 AM
If Oden and Bynum switched positions, then Oden would still get all the hype, because he would be a Laker.

Edit: My bad, I mean Oden.

unknown101
08-04-2009, 01:03 AM
If ODEN and Bynum switched positions, then ODEN would still get all the hype, because he would be a Laker.

Fixed

I assumed you meant Oden since Odom IS a laker.

D-Rose
08-04-2009, 01:06 AM
If Odom and Bynum switched positions, then Odom would still get all the hype, because he would be a Laker.
http://spotlightauthentics.com/Lamar-odom-jersey-white-bk.jpg

CantStop
08-04-2009, 01:09 AM
If Odom and Bynum switched positions, then Odom would still get all the hype, because he would be a Laker.

No because Oden sucks.

Butters
08-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Bynum
Bynum
Bynum

Myth
08-04-2009, 01:14 AM
No because Oden sucks.

Bynum wasn't anywhere near healthy in the playoffs. It was obvious. Couldn't jump as high, reaction was slow... only reason he came back was because he felt he let the team down last finals and didn't want to hear the " Lakers would have won with Bynum..."

Funny that you notice how Bynum's injury slows him down and makes him unable to jump as high, yet you don't notice how Oden was slowed down and unable to jump as high due to recovering from surgery.

CantStop
08-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Funny that you notice how Bynum's injury slows him down and makes him unable to jump as high, yet you don't notice how Oden was slowed down and unable to jump as high due to recovering from surgery.

Well, Bynum showed he could ball at a high level. Consistent 20 point games before the injury. It's hard to judge a sh!tty player before his injury to a sh!tty player after his injury.

magnax1
08-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Ssssshhhhh, dont tell the laker fans. They might go on a rampage.

Hammertime
08-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Now name me one person in the thread that did.

Ok.

He does have massive potential you would be a fool to think otherwise.

I don't know what massive potential means to you, but to mean it means HOF level. Derrick Rose has a lot of potential, and so does Eric Gordon and all kinds of other players you could mention. I would reserve the word "massive" for the likes of LeBron James.

CantStop
08-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Ok.

I don't know what massive potential means to you, but to mean it means HOF level. Derrick Rose has a lot of potential, and so does Eric Gordon and all kinds of other players you could mention. I would reserve the word "massive" for the likes of LeBron James.

That's a case of reading what you want to read. Like I said you're putting words into people's mouth. :oldlol:

beasted86
08-04-2009, 01:42 AM
That's a case of reading what you want to read. Like I said you're putting words into people's mouth. :oldlol:
If I cared enough I would go find the Odom thread from last week where Laker fans said something along the lines of 'Bynum has potential to put up 20/10 for the next 10 seasons'

I LOL'ed at that statement. Maybe if the 20/10 meant sitting out 20 games due to injury and getting 10 DNP-CDs... sure he could average 20/10

Hammertime
08-04-2009, 01:44 AM

Ok, fine. We seem to agree that Bynum's ceiling isn't Kendrick Perkins and we agree that it's not Hakeem Olajuwon or even Brad Daugherty. So what is it then? Something in between? Kevin Duckworth? Vlade Divac?

CantStop
08-04-2009, 01:44 AM
If I cared enough I would go find the Odom thread from last week where Laker fans said something along the lines of 'Bynum has potential to put up 20/10 for the next 10 season'

I said that and it could be a hyperbole but stats have shown that when given touches and consistent mins, he is a 20/10 with an extra two blocks. I doubt he could because of all the talent on his squad. That's why it's bittersweet that Odom re-signed because Bynum would have gotten a lot more mins of Odom went to MIA.

No_Look604
08-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Lebron
Lebron
Lebron

CantStop
08-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Ok, fine. We seem to agree that Bynum's ceiling isn't Kendrick Perkins and we agree that it's not Hakeem Olajuwon or even Brad Daugherty. So what is it then? Something in between? Kevin Duckworth? Vlade Divac?

His ceiling is def higher than Vlade. To be honest, I really don't know. I can see him putting up 20/10 for a few seasons. People don't really understand how young he is. He could still be in college. Give him time. He's working with the best. He's 21, not 28. People act like the potential status is expired.

LAClipsFan33
08-04-2009, 01:51 AM

I will go on record and say Bynum will never be better than Kevin Duckworth was. Book it !

beasted86
08-04-2009, 01:53 AM
His ceiling is def higher than Vlade. To be honest, I really don't know. I can see him putting up 20/10 for a few seasons. People don't really understand how young he is. He could still be in college. Give him time. He's working with the best. He's 21, not 28. People act like the potential status is expired.

Yeah... but he also has potential to be an injury bust... 1 more critical knee injury and his career is DONE.

As much as you Laker trolls/homers talk about his imaginary footwork & jumper... his game is based on his strength and mobility (basically athleticism), so one more knee injury and flush those "20/10 for a few seasons" dreams down the toilet.

LAClipsFan33
08-04-2009, 01:58 AM
imaginary footwork

Yes...multiple pivot switches and shuffle steps. Sh*ts disgusting...he's one player who makes the officiating of today's game hard to stomach. You can't just let the guy switch pivots 3 times then dunk. That's not basketball...

D-Rose
08-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah... but he also has potential to be an injury bust... 1 more critical knee injury and his career is DONE.

As much as you Laker trolls/homers talk about his imaginary footwork & jumper... his game is based on his strength and mobility (basically athleticism), so one more knee injury and flush those "20/10 for a few seasons" dreams down the toilet.
He has better footwork and jumpers than Dwight Howard aka best Center in the game..

Obviously the most important thing is health, nobody can get anywhere without it.

If it doesn't work out, we'll get some other superstar after Kobe retires, it's the freakin Lakers!

ThePointGuard11
08-04-2009, 02:10 AM
1. Andrew Bynum
2. Rodney Stuckey
3. Monta Ellis

Stuckey shows flashes of being good, but trading him for Chauncey Billups :banghead:

Hammertime
08-04-2009, 02:15 AM

I think you don't understand how few centers have put up 20/10 for a few seasons. In the past 25 years, only 10 centers have averaged 20/10 for more than one season. I did not look this up before posting my list of centers above, and it's scary that I listed 8 out of 10. Ralph Sampson and David Robinson are the ones missing, and I didn't list them because they were older than 22 when they entered the league. Oh, and there's also Jeff Ruland, the only guy who averaged 20/10 in a single season in the past 25 years but couldn't do it again.

This is the point. On one hand, you say you don't expect Bynum to be the next Robinson, Olajuwon, Daugherty, Ewing, or Mourning. On the other hand, you casually say you can see him putting up 20/10 for a few seasons. No one else but the players I've listed has done that. For Bynum to do it, he'd have to be at that level.

InspiredLebowski
08-04-2009, 02:16 AM
bunch of stuff

Hammertime, what happened to heretik32? He was a good poster. Utah has like 183 people, go down the street and tell him to come back.

barbaroi
08-04-2009, 03:03 AM
I'm not going to read and refute all the nonsense concerning Bynum that's been posted earlier in the thread because its late and I want to sleep; I'm just going to post some facts:

Age 20, his season starts off slow as he isn't consistently starting. By the 15th game into the season he starts picking up steam. Game 20, he breaks out. For the next 15 games, he averages 18ppg/12rpg/2.5 blk on 65% shooting as a 3rd option (remember he's 20). Then a guy slams into his knee, and he goes down with an injury; he doesn't return until the following season.

Age 21, his season starts off slow as he just came off an injury and didn't have the full summer to work himself into shape. He gets discouraged that he isn't getting more playing time and his play only gets worse (he's a young guy mentally, very young). January rolls around, and it seems he is once more turning the corner. For the next 10 games he rips off 22ppg/10rpg/2.5 blk on well over 60% shooting as the third option on the team - including a game of 42/15/3/71% (which by the way is the youngest 40+/15+ game of any center besides Shaq). He then goes down in injury again, as - once more - a guy slams into his knee.

Now you can say if you want that these are only short stretches of brilliance surrounded by mediocrity, but you would be wrong. If he had started off the year playing well then dwindled into nothing before his re-injury I might agree with you. However, as it is, he rounded into shape (following an injury this is natural) before bursting onto the scene, only to be unfortunately injured once more. He hasn't ever had the chance to show whether those stretches would continue, or if he would revert. If you want to prematurely label him as an overhyped player be my guest. But I would be careful if I were you: a young center who has only had the chance of playing 85 games over the last 2 seasons is no player to count out - particularly if that center has been on the verge of elite level play before both injuries.

It seems to me that most of the people who hate on Bynum do it hopefully, as if by spewing trash about him they can make what they say true; the fact remains that if (or as I believe, when) Bynum produces at a high level when he has a chance to play the full year, the lakers will be near unbeatable. So, continue to hope if you will that Bynum is a bust. When he proves you wrong don't be too surprised, or too bitter. I warned you.

Mr. Obvious
08-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Age 20, his season starts off slow as he isn't consistently starting. By the 15th game into the season he starts picking up steam. Game 20, he breaks out. For the next 15 games, he averages 18ppg/12rpg/2.5 blk on 65% shooting as a 3rd option (remember he's 20). Then a guy slams into his knee, and he goes down with an injury; he doesn't return until the following season.

:oldlol: @ this troll on an agenda pinpointing 10-15 games as a sample for what a player can do "consistently".

Because that's all that matters is consistency out of players that are so-called "good". He might have "AVERAGED" 18 points for the next set of games... but when you look closer, you'd notice he scored 18 points or over exactly 5 times in that span... while also scoring only 12 points or under 6 times in that same stretch in '08.

And the fact is all of '09 he was starting FULL TIME, getting consistent minutes, and ripped off some 18 point plus games early in the season... so don't use the excuse he was still trying to find his bearings.

Truth is he's NEVER been consistent. Whether you look at 08 or 09, your going to find games where he's going for 6 points, 8 points, etc..

I can use the same 15 game statistic to turn Bargnani into a 21/7 player or Durant into a 30/6/4 player... but the fact is they haven't done it consistently. A players scoring "average" is supposed to do exactly what it means, average the entirety of their work to show what they did over the season.

If Bynum played injured at all over the course of the '08 season or '09, you'd have grounds to talk.... but he didn't. So his "average"... rightly includes his 42/15/2 games as well as his 4/6/0 games.

barbaroi
08-04-2009, 03:38 AM
:oldlol: @ this troll on an agenda pinpointing 10-15 games as a sample for what a player can do "consistently".
What don't you get about the fact that I'm not pulling RANDOM stretches out of his career. I'm pulling the stretches DIRECTLY before each injury. The difference is that Bargnani wasn't injured right after he started a great 10-15 game stretch. Which is to say, that neither you nor I have any idea how Bynum would have continued to perform had he not been injured. So to say that he can't perform that way consistently is a logical fallacy. You cannot claim that, because you simply don't have the data to show that after he began such a stretch he returned to normalcy. He was injured at the exact time he hit his stride - twice.

LA_Showtime
08-04-2009, 03:44 AM

Because that's all that matters is consistency out of players that are so-called "good". He might have "AVERAGED" 18 points for the next set of games... but when you look closer, you'd notice he scored 18 points or over exactly 5 times in that span... while also scoring only 12 points or under 6 times in that same stretch in '08.

And the fact is all of '09 he was starting FULL TIME, getting consistent minutes, and ripped off some 18 point plus games early in the season... so don't use the excuse he was still trying to find his bearings.

Truth is he's NEVER been consistent. Whether you look at 08 or 09, your going to find games where he's going for 6 points, 8 points, etc..

I can use the same 15 game statistic to turn Bargnani into a 21/7 player or Durant into a 30/6/4 player... but the fact is they haven't done it consistently. A players scoring "average" is supposed to do exactly what it means, average the entirety of their work to show what they did over the season.

If Bynum played injured at all over the course of the '08 season or '09, you'd have grounds to talk.... but he didn't. So his "average"... rightly includes his 42/15/2 games as well as his 4/6/0 games.

Stop hiding behind your garbage gimmick account.

Look, everyone has different opinions on Bynum, but a lot of people who were doubting his ability before last season changed their stance after his game picked up in January. We (Laker fans) don't expect you guys to like him. He's a freaking Laker, and some of you so called basketball fans would rather sleep with your family members than admit Kobe Bryant is a top 10-20 player.

ThePointGuard11
08-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Stop hiding behind your garbage gimmick account.

Look, everyone has different opinions on Bynum, but a lot of people who were doubting his ability before last season changed their stance after his game picked up in January. We (Laker fans) don't expect you guys to like him. He's a freaking Laker, and some of you so called basketball fans would rather sleep with your family members than admit Kobe Bryant is a top 10-20 player.

He was invisible in the finals, given he was hurt, but still....it just seems like the hype is unwarranted, he has proven little to nothing. He's young, I'll give you that, but Elden Campbell looked good when he was young, I would say his career was pretty sub-par. To assume this guy could average 20 and 10 is a stretch. Kobe is top 20 no doubt, but I think IF he's top 10 he's towards the bottom.

Mr. Obvious
08-04-2009, 03:52 AM
What don't you get about the fact that I'm not pulling RANDOM stretches out of his career. I'm pulling the stretches DIRECTLY before each injury. The difference is that Bargnani wasn't injured right after he started a great 10-15 game stretch. Which is to say, that neither you nor I have any idea how Bynum would have continued to perform had he not been injured. So to say that he can't perform that way consistently is a logical fallacy. You cannot claim that, because you simply don't have the data to show that after he began such a stretch he returned to normalcy. He was injured at the exact time he hit his stride - twice.
Your logic is ass backwards because the same could be said about Bynum continuing with the same "Stride" as you like to call it.

Bynum hasn't played consistently... period... So using his history I MUST assume he would have tailored off.

Also, as I already explained to you, I don't think there was any "stride". Because I can use the same "10 game" sample you used to point out Bynum's games from November 18th to December 5th where he averaged 16 PPG but quickly tailored off below that afterwards.

Just as easily as you call it "hitting his stride", anyone else can call it "a hot streak of overachieving".

LA_Showtime
08-04-2009, 03:54 AM
He was invisible in the finals, given he was hurt, but still....it just seems like the hype is unwarranted, he has proven little to nothing. He's young, I'll give you that, but Elden Campbell looked good when he was young, I would say his career was pretty sub-par. To assume this guy could average 20 and 10 is a stretch. Kobe is top 20 no doubt, but I think IF he's top 10 he's towards the bottom.

It's not like people think Bynum's going to be the next Shaquille O'Neal. I think Bynum has the potential to be a very good player, and apparently that means I'm overrating him.

Before last season people said Bynum's stretch of games was a fluke. Bynum proved them wrong by having a MONSTER January before getting injured again.

Sorry, but half of the people saying that Bynum will be no good are trolls. They care more about other teams/players failures than they do about their own teams success.

I want players to reach their potential, because it makes the NBA more fun to watch. Anyone who says otherwise needs to check why they're watching the NBA in the first place.

Da Ballahollic
08-04-2009, 03:55 AM
1. Andrew Bynum
2. Rodney Stuckey
3. Monta Ellis

Stuckey shows flashes of being good, but trading him for Chauncey Billups :banghead:
Really? What dont you like about Monta?

D-Rose
08-04-2009, 03:55 AM
It's not a stretch considering he's his team's 3rd option on the low block, has better rebounders in Gasol and Odom next to him and he STILL got 14/8...

Mr. Obvious
08-04-2009, 04:01 AM
It's not like people think Bynum's going to be the next Shaquille O'Neal. I think Bynum has the potential to be a very good player, and apparently that means I'm overrating him.

Before last season people said Bynum's stretch of games was a fluke. Bynum proved them wrong by having a MONSTER January before getting injured again.

Sorry, but half of the people saying that Bynum will be no good are trolls. They care more about other teams/players failures than they do about their own teams success.

I want players to reach their potential, because it makes the NBA more fun to watch. Anyone who says otherwise needs to check why they're watching the NBA in the first place.

:roll: ... wrong, wrong wrong... the only problem I have is that ALL laker fans are on an agenda. Your agenda is to prove to everyone Bynum is something he's not. You don't want to include the entirety of his work and only want to use games that fit your agenda.

This "MONSTER" January your talking about if you REALLY want to talk about it, he averaged exactly 17.3 PPG, 7.8 REB, 1.9 BLK.... which is really nothing special. It's basically 3 more points than his season average.

So not only do you guys want to use specific games to fit your agenda... you're not even willing to include his complete stats for the month of January... you only want to use specific games. So tell me who's the real troll on an agenda ?:confusedshrug:

ThePointGuard11
08-04-2009, 04:02 AM

I don't see him being very good, that's the difference. In a league where centers are absent, sure he can be somewhat of a standout at the position, but I just don't think he'll ever be any better than say John Salley, he'll play a role, but that's about it. Nothing about his game screams "star" I think his high school coach was right, he's like Brendan Haywood a starter in the NBA who will put up mediocre numbers. He has a nice jumper and he makes his free throws, but to me his head just isn't in the game, maybe as he gets older that will change. Oh can we really "assess" his future based on one month in an 82 game season?

ThePointGuard11
08-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Really? What dont you like about Monta?

Realistically I think he's playing the wrong position, he has talent, but he's not a point guard, and his jump shot is SUPER shaky.

Mr. Obvious
08-04-2009, 04:04 AM
It's not a stretch considering he's his team's 3rd option on the low block, has better rebounders in Gasol and Odom next to him and he STILL got 14/8...

No, no, no... another person on an agenda.

Bynum is not the 3rd scoring option "on the low block"... he's the 3rd option on the whole team itself. He has the 3rd highest FGA on the team despite not even finishing games.

LA_Showtime
08-04-2009, 04:07 AM
:roll: ... wrong, wrong wrong... the only problem I have is that ALL laker fans are on an agenda. Your agenda is to prove to everyone Bynum is something he's not. You don't want to include the entirety of his work and only want to use games that fit your agenda.

This "MONSTER" January your talking about if you REALLY want to talk about it, he averaged exactly 17.3 PPG, 7.8 REB, 1.9 BLK.... which is really nothing special. It's basically 3 more points than his season average.

So not only do you guys want to use specific games to fit your agenda... you're not even willing to include his complete stats for the month of January... you only want to use specific games. So tell me who's the real troll on an agenda ?:confusedshrug:

I said Bynum has the potential to be very good, and I hear BS saying that's overrating him. If you don't see/admit that he has potential, then you aren't a basketball fan, period.

Anyways, there's really no point arguing with you. You're just another idiot hiding behind a gimmick account.

D-Rose
08-04-2009, 04:09 AM
No, no, no... another person on an agenda.

Bynum is not the 3rd scoring option "on the low block"... he's the 3rd option on the whole team itself. He has the 3rd highest FGA on the team despite not even finishing games.
Odom takes over in critical moments like the 4th quarter....

If Phil had to choose options to take a game winning basket, Odom would come before Bynum...

Even if you think he's 3rd best, he still gets 8 boards despite being the 3rd best rebounder on the tesm.

14 PPG as the 3rd on a high % is decent too.

BEDSTUY 718
08-04-2009, 04:11 AM
why the hate on Wilson chandler, what have he done wrong to deserve hate????????????????????????????????????????

Brujesino
08-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Realistically I think he's playing the wrong position, he has talent, but he's not a point guard, and his jump shot is SUPER shaky.

his jumpshot or his 3pt shot

cuz his mid range game his great

Mr. Obvious
08-04-2009, 04:12 AM
I said Bynum has the potential to be very good, and I hear BS saying that's overrating him. If you don't see/admit that he has potential, then you aren't a basketball fan, period.

Anyways, there's really no point arguing with you. You're just another idiot hiding behind a gimmick account.
The fact is I think Bynum is a solid center... but he's really no better than Perkins, Okafor or Kaman (during his '08 stretch).

He's really just a legit, solid defensive center, who can find his baskets and be a productive piece on a championship contender... but fan's are constantly overhyping his footwork, jumper, and defense and putting him in top 3-5 on center lists, etc...

Fact is alot more people would respect his game if you Laker fans would stop hyping him. That's the whole point in me putting him #1 on my list.

loot
08-04-2009, 04:12 AM
but now these Clipper trolls are making me start to dislike the hype. Like seriously, there are Clipper fans who think both him & Griffin are going to average 20PPG next season, this crap is getting out of hand

Can you come up with quotes from all these Clippers trolls? I don't think I've seen a Clipper troll on ish in .... well....never.

Quotes please?

LA_Showtime
08-04-2009, 04:14 AM
The fact is I think Bynum is a solid center... but he's really no better than Perkins, Okafor or Kaman (during his '08 stretch).

He's really just a legit, solid defensive center, who can find his baskets and be a productive piece on a championship contender... but fan's are constantly overhyping his footwork, jumper, and defense and putting him in top 3-5 on center lists, etc...

Fact is alot more people would respect his game if you Laker fans would stop hyping him. That's the whole point in me putting him #1 on my list.

Alright, that's cool.

So, what's your other screen name?:oldlol:

Agent_Zero
08-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Bynum is miles and miles ahead of any other player that is overhyped in this league.

loot
08-04-2009, 04:15 AM
Bynum is miles and miles ahead of any other player that is overhyped in this league.
Lebron?

Mr. Obvious
08-04-2009, 04:16 AM
Odom takes over in critical moments like the 4th quarter....

If Phil had to choose options to take a game winning basket, Odom would come before Bynum...

Even if you think he's 3rd best, he still gets 8 boards despite being the 3rd best rebounder on the tesm.

14 PPG as the 3rd on a high % is decent too.

Yeah, but take a look at this: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/cha/stats?year=season_2008&sort=28

Okafor has 5 guys taking more shots than him per game, averages less FGA than Bynum, and averages basically identical numbers... but so happened to be playing for a losing team last season.

But if you ask the average laker fan Bynum is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Okafor, "and it's not even close". That's why he's plain overhyped... the #1 overhyped player on this board.

Force
08-04-2009, 04:29 AM
[QUOTE=

2. Eric Gordon - IMHO, his ceiling is a more consistent Ben Gordon.

Considering what kind of a force Ben Gordon is, I would say that a more consistent version of Ben Gordon should be worthy of some hype. Eric Gordon will have multiple 50 point games in his career. I didn't think he was going to do well coming into the league, but he's been excellent and nobody is really giving him that much hype. Compare Griffin's hype with his and tell me again that Eric is overhyped. people don't even know who he is still

loot
08-04-2009, 04:35 AM
Anybody comapring Eric Gordon to Ben Gordon is just doing so because of their names. Their games are totally different. Eric Gordon is much stronger, goes to the hoop way more, isn't as clutch but eclipses him on D.

Da Ballahollic
08-04-2009, 04:45 AM
His 3 point shoot is a little shaky but its been improving every year..espicaly last year in the games that he did play..and his mid range game and ability to get to the rack is excellent.

And yea you're right..he's not a point..more of a two guard..but give him time to learn the position. Last season was his 1st year playing it.

mamba24
08-04-2009, 04:46 AM
Lol whats with the bynum hate...so now the hate is speading to other players outside of kobe....hmmm...

I think for a center in this PG era, he is as good as they come.

He may not be as good as Dwight or Yao...but he is top 5

He can hang in there with the perkins, chandlers, okafor, odens, brook lopez, eddy currys...

he wont be an all star...he could possibly have one or two callings...but i dont think hes over hyped if you look at the list outside of dwight and yao.

As for Kevin Durant, I think he can be a great player...He's got the intangibles Lebron Doesn't

Also this is not a slight but with the Lebron averaging the minutes and playtime load 82 games after 82 games, id be surprised if he can go another 5-6 years at this pace.

He is at his best now...and i dont see him getting any better....hes a power player and thats how hes gonna play...but only time will tell.

YAWN
08-04-2009, 04:51 AM
:oldlol:

love the hate that bynum is getting solely because he is a laker. his "ceiling is kendrick perkins" :roll: :roll:

keep proving your ignorance kids

VanillaThunder
08-04-2009, 09:17 AM
1) Andrew Bynum
2) Rodney Stuckey
3) JJ Reddick

ok 3 was a joke but the other 2 Im sick of hearing about.

lilgodfather1
08-04-2009, 10:58 AM
As for Kevin Durant, I think he can be a great player...He's got the intangibles Lebron Doesn't

Kevin Durant can do one thing better than LeBron and that is shoot. He's not a better scorer, he's not a winner, terrible passer and rebounder in comparison, LeBron is more athletic, stronger, bigger, faster, smarter, and can see the court like few others. Sure Durant can shoot better, but that is the only thing that Durant can ever hope to do better than LeBron. LeBron is in a different atmosphere than KD can ever hope of being in.

boozehound
08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Against a rookie Center that he let score for 11/12 from the field and Brian Skinner of all people. How is that guy even in the league still ?
rookie 2nd rounder 19 yr old. Look bynum is a decent to good big. But, as pointed out, his averages when healthy arent out of line with what people like okafor and other young bigs have put up in their first couple of seasons.

If he wasnt on the lakers, the hype would be half of what it is.

boozehound
08-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Lol whats with the bynum hate...so now the hate is speading to other players outside of kobe....hmmm...

He can hang in there with the perkins, chandlers, okafor, odens, brook lopez, eddy currys...

he wont be an all star...he could possibly have one or two callings...but i dont think hes over hyped if you look at the list outside of dwight and yao.

Also this is not a slight but with the Lebron averaging the minutes and playtime load 82 games after 82 games, id be surprised if he can go another 5-6 years at this pace.

He is at his best now...and i dont see him getting any better....hes a power player and thats how hes gonna play...but only time will tell.
its not hate, its a realistic reaction to the ridiculous overhyping that he receives by virtue of playing with kobe (who is one of the focal points of vocal yet ignorant fans). Hes a good solid young big. Nothing more, nothing less. sure, he had a great 4 game stretch (two? of which were against a terrible 3rd string front line). But he also let deandre jordan go off for 92%. with 12 boards and 4 blocks.

so again, the "hate" you fanboys love to point out is really just the opinion of non-biased nba fans.

No one says he sucks (well maybe a couple do). But, as the OP pointed out, the comparisons to all time greats (or even that he is significantly better than other young bigs like Okafor or even biedrins) are completely unwarranted.

hawksdogsbraves
08-04-2009, 11:33 PM

what makes you think that Lebron won't get any better? He has made significant strides in all of his weaker areas every year (last season he improved his FT%, 3p%, and defense significantly)

Its tough for Laker fans to come to grips with the fact that Lebron is already much better than prime Kobe ever was, and he is still only 23 :rolleyes:

My overhyped player list:

1) Dwight Howard-- Some people might scoff at this, but he really is the worst superstar I have ever seen. Poor post game, not clutch, not much of a leader. I mean, if you watch a early 2000's Laker game and watch Shaq, you see a center that is on a whole other level than Dwight is, and maybe ever will be

2) Jason Kidd-- He simply isn't good anymore for anything but leadership

3) Bynum-- No one actually thinks he is anything above average but Laker homers, but they manage to pump him up to overrated levels

Batman
08-05-2009, 12:42 AM

We are talking to you lilojmayo, OJMamba, Maniak, Interminator, OJMayodaFutre,J$, the list is a mile long on this sight. Mayo is so unaccomplished. The sad part is in the near future when Mayo starts accomplishing something i will go on a limb saying his fans will be worst than Kobe's Fans and that is sad, because it can't get much worse than a Kobe Fan.

Batman
08-05-2009, 12:44 AM
So Far the Consenus is

1. Andrew Bynum

2. Ricky Rubio
3. O.J. Mayo
4. LeBron James

xOShakespearexO
08-05-2009, 12:50 AM
1. Andrew Bynum
2. Ricky Rubio
3. Derrick Rose
4. OJ Mayo
5. Eric Gordon.

ChrisKreager
08-05-2009, 02:21 AM

1. Andrew Bynum - Whether it's someone pointing out his Hakeem-like footwork , Ewing-like mid-range jumper, or Mutombo-esque defensive potential :bowdown: ... I'm really getting sick of it either way. This guy has done NOTHING in the NBA. Even if he somehow lasts a full season and stays healthy, his ceiling is Kendrick Perkins. Naming him a top 5-10 Center means nothing when mediocre bigs like Kaman & Camby are top 10.

3. Wilson Chandler - C'Mon, you Knick homers were upset Walsh was considering trading him for the 5th pick? Are you serious?? A guy who put up 14/5 on 33 Minutes (:eek:) as a second year player in one of the fastest paced offenses in the NBA.... You actually think he's more valuable than a 5th pick (who would have been Rubio or Curry)?... GTFOH. At best he's a role player... that's his ceiling "role player", I won't even bother comparing his potential to any current player, because the truth is I don't even know if he could currently start on most teams in the NBA.

Post your own.

I will defend Bynum.

Unlike other big men, at least he has actually made solid contributions on his team. Oh, and he has a ring.

However, I agree with you on the other two.

RoseCity07
08-05-2009, 02:29 AM
Kevin Durant can do one thing better than LeBron and that is shoot. He's not a better scorer, he's not a winner, terrible passer and rebounder in comparison, LeBron is more athletic, stronger, bigger, faster, smarter, and can see the court like few others. Sure Durant can shoot better, but that is the only thing that Durant can ever hope to do better than LeBron. LeBron is in a different atmosphere than KD can ever hope of being in.

I agree but there is no doubt Durant will be at or above the level of Prime Dirk or Prime TMac.

JD_TO
08-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Tyrus Thomas
Anthony Randolph

kumquat
08-05-2009, 06:51 AM
I'll go 1 player

1 - Kevin Durant - How can this chump win less that 25 games and be proclaimed as the next big things. Durant is going to be a career loser.

LebrickJames84'
08-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Derrick Rose- This guy is averaged 16 6 4 and people talk about him like he is putting up chris paul/Deron Williams numbers 20 points+ and 10 assists+ on a daily basis. If he is an all star this year it shows how weak the PG position in the east truely is.

Andrew Bynum- This guy can't even stay healthy and was a non factor for the most off the playoffs.

Kevin Durant- What the hell has this kid done but score he has had 2 seasons out of 2 where his team won less than 25 games.

Dwight Howard- This guy chokes when the game matters, and when teams start playing defense on him he can't even dunk the ball.

terp954
08-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Anyone saying Durant is over hyped needs to never talk about basketball again.

over hyped
Bynum
Oden

1~Gibson~1
08-05-2009, 12:25 PM
I'll go 1 player

1 - Kevin Durant - How can this chump win less that 25 games and be proclaimed as the next big things. Durant is going to be a career loser.
HE didnt win 25 games, the Thunder did.

MrUnstopable
08-05-2009, 12:27 PM
HE didnt win 25 games, the Thunder did.

wow for once we agree :cheers:

kumquat
08-05-2009, 05:09 PM
wow for once we agree :cheers:

That's the leader of the team. Give any half star the keys to car and they get 25wins.

CantStop
08-05-2009, 05:15 PM
That's the leader of the team. Give any half star the keys to car and they get 25wins.

Typical cumquat hating on Durant because he's an Oden fan. :oldlol:

HOLLYWOOD
08-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Probably Greg Oden for me. People called him the next Shaq after doing well against much weaker NCAA players, with a stacked team.

barbaroi
11-13-2009, 03:00 AM
Bumpity bump bump.

Expect more to come I've got about 10 of these bookmarked for when Bynum beasts this year :cheers: .

Brujesino
11-13-2009, 03:01 AM
rob kurz

phoenix18
11-13-2009, 03:01 AM
:roll: @ the bump because he had a good game against the suns.

dont bump these so early. Wait.

barbaroi
11-13-2009, 03:08 AM

Not just against the suns - every game he's played this year has been good. Hasn't had a bad one yet including preseason.

Roundball_Rock
11-13-2009, 03:08 AM

Someone should save this thread for the spring. :oldlol:

every game he's played this year has been good. Hasn't had a bad one yet including preseason.

He has played 5 games. He looks improved, but we said that at this time in 2007 and last year too..

barbaroi
11-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Someone should save this thread for the spring. :oldlol:

He has played 5 games. He looks improved, but we said that at this time in 2007 and last year too..
He's played 6 games actually. And don't worry I have plenty of threads just like this for later in the season when he continues his beastage.

Lyin
11-13-2009, 03:15 AM
Haters are mad. Bynum averaging something like 22/12. Beasting

ashar008
11-13-2009, 03:19 AM
lmao bynum is not overhyped. he is actually producing results.

barbaroi
11-13-2009, 03:21 AM
lmao bynum is not overhyped. he is actually producing results.
Hence the bumpage.

icemanfan
11-13-2009, 06:42 AM
Haters are mad. Bynum averaging something like 22/12. Beasting
when other team's fans post their #1 guys numbers we get seven pages of hate from Laker fans saying its early in the year and their ***** hurts ect.ect. When Laker fans do it for one of their own then they are beasting. Do you guys even take the time to think before typing **** or does **** just free flow from your minds all of the time.

shawbryant
11-13-2009, 07:01 AM
Anyone else here remember Oden?

icemanfan
11-13-2009, 07:21 AM
not me , who does he play for?

Kiddlovesnets
11-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Eric Gordon is averaging 19ppg now, so it is not too far away from 20ppg margin...

chains5000
11-13-2009, 07:28 AM
It's Odin, not Oden:no:

icemanfan
11-13-2009, 07:43 AM
It's Odin, not Oden:no:
I prefer his son Thor.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/Thor-272.jpg/250px-Thor-272.jpg

chains5000
11-13-2009, 07:48 AM
I prefer his son Thor.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/Thor-272.jpg/250px-Thor-272.jpg
The Day The Thunder Failed???
It says it all.
Odin > Thor

InspiredLebowski
11-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Scans thread for my own posts....

Told you Eric Gordon was going to be a nice player!

Spoken
11-13-2009, 10:23 AM
How is Bynum overhyped? Maybe just on this forum. I don't see any sports writer proclaiming him the next great center like Dwight.

allball
11-13-2009, 10:47 AM
if overhyping annoys you, you might want to do some self examination. I've been watching the game almost 35 years and hype has never "annoyed" me.

LA_Showtime
11-13-2009, 10:59 AM
these threads are always amusing. you can tell who has an agenda who and does not.

sorry, but a lot of these guys deserve the hype, and if the hype really bugs you that much, then don't read the damn newspaper. get over it.

icemanfan
11-13-2009, 12:47 PM
these threads are always amusing. you can tell who has an agenda who and does not.

sorry, but a lot of these guys deserve the hype, and if the hype really bugs you that much, then don't read the damn newspaper. get over it.
I am sure we are talking about overhyping here on ISH. Glad you feel that way though I would expect you to post the same thing in the Manu Ginobili thread since you have no agenda as a Laker fan and just want people to stop being offended by overhyping. I look foreword to reading your post there, will check often.

blazerjimmy
11-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Number one on this list has got to be Greg Oden - I'm still hoping that he'll become a solid contributor for the Blazers (and I think he is on his way to doing so), but all the hype that was thrown his way leading up to the draft was ridiculous - the expectations that were placed on him were equally ridiculous.

Similarily, coming out of college, Adam Morrison was the victim of much hype - the whole "Draft the Stache" commercials lasted about all of three weeks.

I'll stick with those two as being over-hyped - I don't agree with throwing Rodney Stucky in this category at all.

blazerjimmy
11-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Dang - completely forgot about Mike Conley Jr.......I actually proposed some trade ideas so we could land him AND Oden....glad I don't run my Blazers!!!

lazerface
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Bumpity bump bump.

Expect more to come I've got about 10 of these bookmarked for when Bynum beasts this year :cheers: .

:oldlol: get a f*ckin life.

ELaw31
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
1. Bynum- when Pau comes back, he's gonna go back to sucking. Better yet, when a legit center pays D on him, he'll be shut down.

2. Oden- He still looks lost on the court. He might be the dumbest player in the NBA, next to Marbury. Wait Marbury's not in the league anymore....

3. Beasley- Starting for the Heat, still afraid of contact apparently, unless DWade lights a fire under his ass.

JD_TO
11-13-2009, 02:09 PM
1. Anthony Randolph- I keep hearing potential potential potential but thats all.

2.Mike Colony Jr.- How much more time do you need to start producing.

3.Danillo Gallinari-

PaperClip
11-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Eric Gordon is averaging 19ppg now, so it is not too far away from 20ppg margin...

:cheers:

ELaw31
11-13-2009, 02:32 PM
1. Anthony Randolph- I keep hearing potential potential potential but thats all.

2.Mike Colony Jr.- How much more time do you need to start producing.

3.Danillo Gallinari-

Conley Jr.

but otherwise :cheers:

'Toine=MVP
11-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I am amazed that so many people agree that Bynum is way over-hyped, but I think some of the comments are a little crazy. He is good. He is better than good role player centers. He just isn't a lot better than good role player centers.

It seems like most people (on ISH at least) think this guy is something special right now. I don't think teams with decent defensive big men are concerned about Bynum at all. I guess if a team is really undersized and has terrible post defenders, Bynum becomes a concern for sure, but all the good teams this year have someone capable of playing Bynum straight up without any fancy game-planning.

He is arguably a top 5 center, only because most of the offensive big men in the game are playing PF, so if you can score in the post at all, you are vaulted pretty high up the list. The difference between the 5th best center and the 15th best center isn't very big though.

phxsuns4life
11-13-2009, 03:04 PM
:oldlol: get a f*ckin life.

^^I love this guy... Replied so perfectly in 4 words.

1. Bynum
2. Rubio
3. BJ Mullens

barbaroi
11-13-2009, 04:12 PM
I wonder what not being overhyped looks like? Bynum is putting up 21/11/2 and you still have the audacity to call him overhyped. Hahaha I guess he has to put up 30/15 or 40/20 before people will admit that they were wrong.

'Toine=MVP
11-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I wonder what not being overhyped looks like? Bynum is putting up 21/11/2 and you still have the audacity to call him overhyped. Hahaha I guess he has to put up 30/15 or 40/20 before people will admit that they were wrong.

no. he is putting up very nice offensive numbers. the overhyping comes in when people say he is a special player or that he is a lot better than good defensive/weak offensive role player centers.

WuTangWizard
11-13-2009, 04:39 PM
no. he is putting up very nice offensive numbers. the overhyping comes in when people say he is a special player or that he is a lot better than good defensive/weak offensive role player centers.
He is.... :hammerhead:

you ignorant f-uck

Lyin
11-13-2009, 04:39 PM

Bynum is a special player. How many C's are traditional C's in the league and can put up big numbers? Not a lot. You're in every thread hating on Bynum and even going as far as saying he's LA's 5th best player. :oldlol:

'Toine=MVP
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
i shouldn't bother. you guys love bynum. that's fine. most people do not think he is an amazing player. deal with it. i said he is likely a top 5 center, but the difference between the 5th (or whatever bynum is) and 15th best center isn't that big.

glidedrxlr22
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Dude Durant is a damn good player already I don't think he gets the hype he should straight up.

And for all yall hating on Bynum all the kid has to do is block shots, put backs, and rebound in career right now for him to rack up rings. He does have massive potential you would be a fool to think otherwise.

He is talented, but vastly overrated by the Laker fans. He's got a quickly developing offensive game. On the other hand, the things I bolded above are the things Phil wants him to do for the team to be successful. He adamantly does these...he prefers to score. Let's give him a full season of 70+ games and Gasol in the lineup to take up some of his shots.

flintstone
11-13-2009, 04:49 PM
I thought Bynum was overhyped...and he was (because he had not really done enough to earn the credit).

But now.......He looks like he's going to be "very" good, very soon (I'm impressed with the young fellow)

50inchvertical
11-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Ricky Rubio

/thread

Brujesino
11-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Ricky Rubio

/thread
his hype is pretty much dead

LA_Showtime
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I am sure we are talking about overhyping here on ISH. Glad you feel that way though I would expect you to post the same thing in the Manu Ginobili thread since you have no agenda as a Laker fan and just want people to stop being offended by overhyping. I look foreword to reading your post there, will check often.

i have no idea what thread you are talking about. so look forward to reading nothing.

Knicks101
11-13-2009, 06:47 PM
No mention of Brandon Jennings yet?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-04-2010, 07:11 AM
We are talking to you lilojmayo, OJMamba, Maniak, Interminator, OJMayodaFutre,J$, the list is a mile long on this sight. Mayo is so unaccomplished. The sad part is in the near future when Mayo starts accomplishing something i will go on a limb saying his fans will be worst than Kobe's Fans and that is sad, because it can't get much worse than a Kobe Fan.

get my name out your Mouf.

1. Ricky Rubio
2. John Wall
3. Kevin Durant ( i saw westy making the plays in the la series)

O.J A 6'4Mamba
05-04-2010, 07:13 AM
1. Ricky Rubio

2. OJ Mayo

3. Derrick Rose

edit: Bynum isn't better than Perkins. Perkins is an elite defender...something Bynum is not.

:lol

Knicks101
05-04-2010, 07:18 AM
No mention of Brandon Jennings yet?

The day before he dropped 55. :oldlol:

I still stand by this though.

InspiredLebowski
05-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Sure don't miss CantStop

BlackWhiteGreen
05-04-2010, 08:04 AM
get my name out your Mouf.

1. Ricky Rubio
2. John Wall
3. Kevin Durant ( i saw westy making the plays in the la series)

Yep, cos he was guraded by DFish not elite defender Artest. If this was 08/09 LAL vs 09/10 OKC then it would have been a much, MUCH closer series.

joshwake
05-04-2010, 11:18 AM
1. Bynum
2. Bynum
3. Bynum
This. Laker fans have been all over his nuts since about 3 years ago now, acting like he would be an all-star in all the years to come. he has been ok since. Still laker fans wont admit they are/were wrong.

allball
05-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Ricky Rubio - Self Explanatory

Curry - He's a Chucker, i don't get the Hype about him.

a chucker? he shot .465 from the field and .437 from 3 PT range attempting 380. .885 from the line. he is a GREAT shooter and very good passer.

Isiah's first season he shot .427 from the field taking only 59 3 pointers.
Stockton - .471 with 11 3 pointers attempted
Deron - .421
K. Johnson .461 with 24 3s
Payton . 451
Paul .430

did u watch him play at all this year?

jlawdrummer
05-04-2010, 11:35 AM
a chucker? he shot .465 from the field and .437 from 3 PT range attempting 380. .885 from the line. he is a GREAT shooter and very good passer.

Isiah's first season he shot .427 from the field taking only 59 3 pointers.
Stockton - .471 with 11 3 pointers attempted
Deron - .421
K. Johnson .461 with 24 3s
Payton . 451
Paul .430

did u watch him play at all this year?

I agree he was wrong, but did you check the date of the post? He probably had not seen much of curry, no.

TROLL_HUNTER
05-04-2010, 12:35 PM
wow...entering this thread is entering idiotland or Hateland. however you call it.

first of all, lets DEFINE overhype and go case by case.

Bynum?? hes a good player, NOT THE NEXT SHAQ, as many wackos claim so Bynum is good and only can be considered overrated if people compare him to shaq or whoever other great all-time center.

Durant?? you gotta be kidding me right? hes top 15 in the league so pls explain to me how the hell hes overrated

Rubio???? HAHAHAHAHAH i can see hate at its best over here. im 100% sure that all the ones that voted him in have not even watched him play let alone knowing his accomplishments. i guess those are the same idiots that claim that Jennings and JW are the next 2 great PG...and Rubio is MILLION MILES ahead of these 2. I mean, no room for comparison. But you blind people will find out in 1 or 2 years at most so in the meantime, keep hating

Id only make a case of OJ Mayo, as hes sometimes compared to Kobe, which at this stage of his career sounds a bit like blasphemy but who knows about the future...

beasted86
05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Bynum is still overrated.

Laker trolls are still trying to compare him to Dwight Howard.

Go Getter
05-04-2010, 01:46 PM
1. Ricky Rubio
2. Greg Oden
3. OJ Mayo

TROLL_HUNTER
05-04-2010, 01:46 PM

well, thats not overrate but stupidity. 2 different things

spoonhoops
05-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Most of the overhyped players tend to be in big markets where fans always expect their guy is to be the next big star. ie, Bynum, Chandler, Farmer back in the day.

ZenMaster
05-04-2010, 01:50 PM

Why would you even care what trolls think?

beasted86
05-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Why would you even care what trolls think?
I don't... there are just so many it's hard to avoid reading their opinions.

ShaqAttack3234
05-04-2010, 02:02 PM
1.JJ Hickson- some people think he'll be a 20/10 guy. :oldlol:

2.Blake Griffin- All athleticism, not much skill, yet he may be injury prone. Not much of a shooter, doesn't have much of a post game and he's only 6'8.5" so he's not exactly big for a power forward. He shot just 59% on his free throws both seasons in college and he averaged 3.3 turnovers per game in 33 mpg in his sophomore season of college. The 0.8 and 1.2 bpg in his Freshman and Sophomore seasons respectively were hardly impressive. He shot just 64% from the line and averaged only 0.7 bpg in the preseason games he played.

3.Stephon Curry- Despite putting up inferior numbers to Tyreke Evans on an equally bad team, many were declaring him the rookie of the year and I've heard quite a few people call him the next Steve Nash. He's done nothing to warrant that kind of hype, particularly since putting up numbers on Golden State doesn't prove much.

Allstar24
05-04-2010, 02:07 PM
This "Bynum is overrated" crap is really old. Nobody even considers him to be the third/fourth best player on the Lakers and I haven't seen any sane person comparing him to Howard this year. If you want to hate just for the sake of hating, go ahead but don't act like fans are overrating Bynum because they're not anymore.

OmniStrife
05-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Mayo and Beasly...

thejumpa
05-04-2010, 02:12 PM
This "Bynum is overrated" crap is really old. Nobody even considers him to be the third/fourth best player on the Lakers and I haven't seen any sane person comparing him to Howard this year. If you want to hate just for the sake of hating, go ahead but don't act like fans are overrating Bynum because they're not anymore.

Yeah...this year they aren't because there is nothing to overrate. For the last 2-3 years, people were saying he had so much potential and could be the best C in the league. All the while, I said he was injury prone and would never go above 15/10 on the Lakers. Interesting enough, I was correct and now people want to downplay how bad he was overrated.

I just find this funny. I think the guy is good but you can't deny the fact that people were hyping this kid up to be something really really good.

Jakeh008
05-04-2010, 02:19 PM
James
D-Rose
Brooks

Allstar24
05-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah...this year they aren't because there is nothing to overrate. For the last 2-3 years, people were saying he had so much potential and could be the best C in the league. All the while, I said he was injury prone and would never go above 15/10 on the Lakers. Interesting enough, I was correct and now people want to downplay how bad he was overrated.

I just find this funny. I think the guy is good but you can't deny the fact that people were hyping this kid up to be something really really good.
It's a little too early to call him injury prone but the point is, what's the big deal about people saying he has the potential to be the best center in the league? As far as we know, they could still turn out to be right. Bynum is only 22 years old. In the weeks prior to getting injured in 08 and 09, Bynum was playing superb basketball. Nobody said he was the best center in the league, just that he could be one someday because you can't deny his size and talent. How is that overrating him?

TROLL_HUNTER
05-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I think it would be really interesting to call this thread overhated players rather than overhyped. I see the names of some players who ARE NOT hyped at all (i will not bother to give names, sorry) and if they are ever mentioned whatsoever is for being slaughtered by their official haters who bring up their hate whenever they can.

the twisted agenda of trolls in here is as follows:

" I love a player. the way to make my fav player look better is to trash those ones who could shadow him, no matter they are hyped or not"

example: Kobe - Lebron - MJ stands. its just funny to see how behind the hate to Kobe or Lebron there is a Lebron or Kobe fanboy too. theres lot of it in this thread.

Therefore, for making this a bit more legit, i would recommend you to say WHY the player in question is overhyped. and BY WHOM.
For instance, regarding Bynum: hes a good player and a better prospect. no overhyping in that. However, saying that he will certainly be the next Shaq is hysterical. its a very simple reasoning. posters who dont state any reasons are just trolls with a hate agenda

phoenix18
05-04-2010, 02:32 PM

kurple
05-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Jennings

Also Wall so far.. But he might prove me wrong and be the player everyone expects

King Kong
05-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Jennings

Also Wall so far.. But he might prove me wrong and be the player everyone expects

I don't think any young guy is annoyingly overhyped, some my just be excessively overhyped like John Wall. You don't really hear anyone say something crazy like he is a for sure top 5 player of all time in the making or the second coming of Magic or something.

Wall
Rubio
i could insert about 7 different guys here at the 3rd spot

thejumpa
05-04-2010, 02:53 PM
It's a little too early to call him injury prone but the point is, what's the big deal about people saying he has the potential to be the best center in the league? As far as we know, they could still turn out to be right. Bynum is only 22 years old. In the weeks prior to getting injured in 08 and 09, Bynum was playing superb basketball. Nobody said he was the best center in the league, just that he could be one someday because you can't deny his size and talent. How is that overrating him?

There was discussion not too long ago about him quickly becoming a top 2 center and becoming better than Dwight....all because of his size and the fact that Kareem was teaching him moves. In 08/09, cats WERE saying he was better than Dwight. It may have been a small percentage, but that's where you get the overrating from. People see 25/12 and get mad excited.

I definitely don't think it's early to tell if he's injury prone or not. He is. At some point, he is going to have to have surgery on that knee. Now, it may not be the biggest problem for him now, but it has to continue to raise eyebrows. We all know how big these guys are and how one minor injury can affect their career. He is fortunate to have age on his side though. At this point, he can either go the Oden route or Amar'e route.

gxL
05-04-2010, 03:42 PM
LOL i remember there was a thread last year would laker fans want to trade bynum for dwight howard, all lakerfans said HELL NO!

SEEBASS1234
05-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Insert almost every European player here _________

King Kong
05-04-2010, 06:42 PM
LOL i remember there was a thread last year would laker fans want to trade bynum for dwight howard, all lakerfans said HELL NO!
funny

pahisc
05-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Rose is number one on these forums at least. People say that O.J 6'4 Mamba is bad...I'd say the D-Rose a 6'3 GOAT in disguise are worse.

TROLL_HUNTER
05-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Insert almost every European player here _________

thanks for volunteering for The Most Stupid Troll Award

any other candidates?

SEEBASS1234
05-05-2010, 08:59 AM
thanks for volunteering for The Most Stupid Troll Award

any other candidates?

thanks for volunteering for The Most Stupid Gimmick Award

next time you comment you might want to contribute to the thread

EDIT: did i mention that you brick open layups

the_chosen_1
05-05-2010, 09:09 AM

Post your own.

And what would be wrong with a more consistent Gordon? I am not a Clipper fan but if watch this guy play it is possible for him to average 18-20 a game.