PDA

View Full Version : *stands on soapbox and clears throat* Michael Jordan does not need you.

Kblaze8855
08-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Hes a 10 time scoring champ, 6 time MVP, 6 time champ, DPOY, ROY, all star, and very arguably the best player who ever played.

And everybody...everywhere...knows it.

The people who hate him the most think hes top 6-8 all time. Oh my god what an insult. I mean...someone thinks that a guy with 6 titles, 6 MVPs, 38 thousand points, and a career that damn near went from Bill Russell to Shaq deserves the #1 spot. How dare they...

We are talking about the most well covered man in all of american sports. And you have people who still feel it needed...to come and tell everyone he was great.

We all know he got to the basket like nothing was in his way. We know he was clutch. We know he played defense. We hear it was underrated and the overlooked bit of his game every 3 days....despite the fact that his defense is probably talked about more than any other retired players entire game. **** most of us can remember the cheesy song that played in the background of Come Fly with me and His Airness when his defense was discussed and he was blocking Ewing in slow motion.

So some kid somewhere thinks Kobe or Lebron are better So...****ing...what? If you really remember that time you know as well as I do that a few people thought others were the best even then. Not many. But not many think Kobe is better either. I heard Barkley called the best in the NBA in the early 90s. Same for Hakeem and Drob. I heard Bird called the best in seasons that people use to support Jordan being the GOAT. I very very clearly remember Hakeem still being called the best in the world in 96. If people didnt even agree then why should we expect current fans not to rep their players a bit? Must it be unanimous? Nothing in sports is unanimous in the eyes of sports fans.

In 2000 shaq put up 30/14 led the league in blocks and shot 58% on a 67 win team. And he wasnt the unanimous MVP.

In 1967 wilt put up 24/24, led the NBA in assists, shot 68% from the field won a then record 68 games and the title....and 25 people didnt vote him the MVP.

Babe Ruth wasnt even a unanimous selection to the hall of fame.

Babe ****ing Ruth. He wasnt even top 10 in highest percentages on the voting.

But everyone on earth must agree that Jordan is better than "****" and is better by such a margin it is laughable to discuss it? It has to be unanimous?

And most who may kinda try to bring him down dont even think anyone now is as good as Jordan. Just that its a joke how Jordan fans hate on modern swingmen.

And in a way it is. Because when you really think about it? The people always propping Jordan up? Who are they talking to? Who are you trying to convince?

Either you are talking to people like you who remember him...know how good he was...built that opinion over years and isnt changing it because of you...or youre talking to kids/young adults who dont remember prime Jordan and trying to get them to change their opinions based on the very things people like us often look down on kids for forming opinions on. Reputation, highlights, and stats.

And the bad thing is...when it comes to reputation, highlights, and stats....nobody in basketball history is as known as Jordan. All we do is present new highlights....the same numbers...and...expect it to what? What is it supposed to do other than be "neat"?

Really trying to teach the youth? Get their eyes to open to an era they missed?

Talk about Rolando Blackman. Flex that mighty intellect and flawless recollection of the 80s and tell some people about the Greyhound. Or Jeff Malone. You know who Jordan defended in the second quarter of game 3 of the 1992 ECF. Fine. What about Ken Norman? Terry Cummings? Mark Price and Brad Daugherty pick and roll?

If the object is to educate and give people a better insight into a time they didnt get to see....why cover the most well known American athlete of all time? A man who has literally thousands of obsessed fans stuffing every tiny facet of his game down the throats of anyone willing to listen? What do you teach by covering ground thousands of others are busy covering night and day?

Dont get me wrong. I love a good "jordan destroys the Pacers" clip from 1987 too. But with all that was basketball in that time...why must he get all the love and attention? Sure its exciting to see MJ jump over Tree rollins. Wasnt it also great to see Doc Rivers on the break? Gerald Wilkins with a smooth spin and finish? Do I really expect people to throw the same attention on minor stars as Jordan? No. But if the idea is this amazing bygone era and the fact that its greatness means Jordan was great...why only show the other players getting slaughtered by him?

If the point is "80s basketball was strong" as it often is in a way to support Jordans greatness...why reduce the era to people looking shocked and appalled as Jordan rests his nuts on their eyebrow?

Michael Jordan has been discussed so much people who never even saw him in his prime can recite his stats and awards better than their own social security numbers.

What does anyone get out of making the case for Jordan?

The only people who dont think hes the GOAt think hes one of them.

Is Jordan...this man most of us never met...so important that people are going to keep arguing points that were already old 10 years ago forever? I wont be suprised if in 2044 people areo n ISH posting "But Jordan is a 10 time all D player! ____ only made 2" as if the person they are saying it to didnt know that already.

As I type and as you read(though I suppose you arent reading it as I type it....) there is someone somewhere scanning hours of footage from 1989 with a little notepad file open making notes on what to get at which exact second. Probably building a "Jordan....post defense" video for youtube so other Jordan fanatics can later point to it as a "So there!".

Yes...I...a person who has made over 200 videos am complaining about someone putting too much effort into the same thing. Key difference being...ive done hundreds on hundreds of players. Make me better? Course not. But im choosing to use it as a shield for my own lameness.

I also say it to help make my final point.

Maybe if some of you others with endless footage and real first hand knowledge of the 80s anxd 90s focused on the other players a bit...you wouldnt need to make a 70 minute long Jordan video to convince some kid how good Jordan would be today.

If that kid could see Mark Eaton putting in work hed never say Jordan didnt face great defenders. If he knew what Sidney Moncrief could do we wouldnt hear talk of zones that would shut Jordan down.

If you insist on loving Jordan then for the love of god(...Jordan) can we do it by giving credit and attention to someone other than him, Larry Bird, Barkley, Hakeem, and Magic?

I watched every game the man played in till 1992 and at least 50 games a year from then on. I had the posters, the games(I can still do the 360 and lean in dunk on Bird vs Jordan), I saw space jam, and when he returned on the wizards and went off in the 3rd vs the Nets in preseason....I rewinded the part where he made a jumper and fell into the bench so many times the tape is near unwatchable now. I get what it is to love Michael Jordan. I loved him before you did unless you were a north carolina fan.

But gotdamn people. Do we really need to be doing lines of ground up Air Jordan 5s off of our framed Come Fly with Me promotional posters?

Jordan being the GOAT does not have to be unanimous evein if its true. You know what has to be unanimous? Chipotle burritos are godly. NBA 2k is better than Live. Season 4 of the wire is the best season of any show ever...that wasnt the Simpsons in its prime. Hidden Valley ranch is the one true ranch.

Michael Jordan being better than everyone else is not something that has to be unanimous. And if it is? Any reason used to support it has already been discussed for the last 10 years.

Go make a topic on Dale Ellis and stop stomping on that dead horse.

And yes im aware of the hypocrisy of making a longass post full of redundancies while pleading with people to be fresh and stop repeating themselves. So no need to point that out.

IInvented
08-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Dumb garbage removed

Showtime
08-05-2009, 05:39 AM
"But gotdamn people. Do we really need to be doing lines of ground up Air Jordan 5s off of our framed Come Fly with Me promotional posters?" - classic

DoGGa
08-05-2009, 05:39 AM
Hes a 10 time scoring champ, 6 time MVP, 6 time champ, DPOY, ROY, all star, and very arguably the best player who ever played.

Stopped reading here.

Kblaze8855
08-05-2009, 05:40 AM
As I understand it he did it in something of a steriod rage. Terrible business that...

The Messenger
08-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Dope, well said. :applause:

When this era is finished, I sure as hell won't just be talking about Kobe, Shaq and Duncan....

Ray Allen, KG, Dirk, T-Mac, Arenas, Billups, Iverson, Peirce, Gasol etc are all more then worth talking about, not to mention all the random role players, crazy energy guys etc...

Madsen, Turiaf, Fisher, Battier, Posey, Marbury, AK-47, Marion, Moochie Norris, Boykins, Birdman etc etc

Lets hope these guys careers continues to get remembered, even if only occasionally...

TryToBeUnbias
08-05-2009, 07:02 AM
:applause: ashamed that this will fall on deaf ears...

Fatal9
08-05-2009, 08:00 AM
One of the most needed (and best) posts ever on ISH.

And most who may kinda try to bring him down dont even think anyone now is as good as Jordan. Just that its a joke how Jordan fans hate on modern swingmen.
Yup...

If you insist on loving Jordan then for the love of god(...Jordan) can we do it by giving credit and attention to someone other than him, Larry Bird, Barkley, Hakeem, and Magic?

Yup....

These people with all this excessive love for Jordan who rarely give any other player any attention (Pip, Bird,Hakeem, Kareem etc) are so predictable and boring. Call someone like Kareem a candidate for GOAT and they go nuts. Upload a video of Bird torching Jordan, something which otherwise would never make youtube, they start complaining even though they have a video of Jordan torching every perimeter player in the book. Don't think Jordan was hands down the best perimeter defender (who didn't deserve DPOY)? Then you don't know sh*t :confusedshrug:. Think Kobe was more than half the player Jordan was? Then you must be one of those people who think Kobe is better...

Never seen fans of any other player that are this obsessed with their favorite players legacy...it's sad and annoying (especially since half these people try to pretend they are Bulls fans).

As I type and as you read(though I suppose you arent reading it as I type it....) there is someone somewhere scanning hours of footage from 1989 with a little notepad file open making notes on what to get at which exact second. Probably building a "Jordan....post defense" video for youtube so other Jordan fanatics can later point to it as a "So there!".
:oldlol:

Jacks3
08-05-2009, 08:19 AM

Very, very true.:oldlol:

KenneBell
08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
A breath of fresh air. :applause:

Glide2keva
08-05-2009, 09:36 AM
*crickets*

So, in other words, you're saying Jordan fans cannot have their own opinion and that we should just succumb to the endless BS Kobe = GOAT threads?

LMMFBAO @ that ****.

As long as Kobe nut-huggers can come on here and spew nonsense, us Jordan fans will be here to own them every time.

KoolKat
08-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Good points kblaze, I agree with your post :cheers:

plowking
08-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Michael Jordan is a god damn saint! A saint I tell ya!

nek1477
08-05-2009, 09:59 AM

The people who hate him the most think hes top 6-8 all time. Oh my god what an insult. I mean...someone thinks that a guy with 6 titles, 6 MVPs, 38 thousand points, and a career that damn near went from Bill Russell to Shaq deserves the #1 spot. How dare they...

We are talking about the most well covered man in all of american sports. And you have people who still feel it needed...to come and tell everyone he was great.

We all know he got to the basket like nothing was in his way. We know he was clutch. We know he played defense. We hear it was underrated and the overlooked bit of his game every 3 days....despite the fact that his defense is probably talked about more than any other retired players entire game. **** most of us can remember the cheesy song that played in the background of Come Fly with me and His Airness when his defense was discussed and he was blocking Ewing in slow motion.

So some kid somewhere thinks Kobe or Lebron are better So...****ing...what? If you really remember that time you know as well as I do that a few people thought others were the best even then. Not many. But not many think Kobe is better either. I heard Barkley called the best in the NBA in the early 90s. Same for Hakeem and Drob. I heard Bird called the best in seasons that people use to support Jordan being the GOAT. I very very clearly remember Hakeem still being called the best in the world in 96. If people didnt even agree then why should we expect current fans not to rep their players a bit? Must it be unanimous? Nothing in sports is unanimous in the eyes of sports fans.

In 2000 shaq put up 30/14 led the league in blocks and shot 58% on a 67 win team. And he wasnt the unanimous MVP.

In 1967 wilt put up 24/24, led the NBA in assists, shot 68% from the field won a then record 68 games and the title....and 25 people didnt vote him the MVP.

But everyone on earth must agree that Jordan is better than "****" and is better by such a margin it is laughable to discuss it? It has to be unanimous?

And in a way it is. Because when you really think about it? The people always propping Jordan up? Who are they talking to? Who are you trying to convince?

Either you are talking to people like you who remember him...know how good he was...built that opinion over years and isnt changing it because of you...or youre talking to kids/young adults who dont remember prime Jordan and trying to get them to change their opinions based on the very things people like us often look down on kids for forming opinions on. Reputation, highlights, and stats.

And the bad thing is...when it comes to reputation, highlights, and stats....nobody in basketball history is as known as Jordan. All we do is present new highlights....the same numbers...and...expect it to what? What is it supposed to do other than be "neat"?

Talk about Rolando Blackman. Flex that mighty intellect and flawless recollection of the 80s and tell some people about the Greyhound. Or Jeff Malone. You know who Jordan defended in the second quarter of game 3 of the 1992 ECF. Fine. What about Ken Norman? Terry Cummings? Mark Price and Brad Daugherty pick and roll?

If the object is to educate and give people a better insight into a time they didnt get to see....why cover the most well known American athlete of all time? A man who has literally thousands of obsessed fans stuffing every tiny facet of his game down the throats of anyone willing to listen? What do you teach by covering ground thousands of others are busy covering night and day?

Dont get me wrong. I love a good "jordan destroys the Pacers" clip from 1987 too. But with all that was basketball in that time...why must he get all the love and attention? Sure its exciting to see MJ jump over Tree rollins. Wasnt it also great to see Doc Rivers on the break? Gerald Wilkins with a smooth spin and finish? Do I really expect people to throw the same attention on minor stars as Jordan? No. But if the idea is this amazing bygone era and the fact that its greatness means Jordan was great...why only show the other players getting slaughtered by him?

If the point is "80s basketball was strong" as it often is in a way to support Jordans greatness...why reduce the era to people looking shocked and appalled as Jordan rests his nuts on their eyebrow?

Michael Jordan has been discussed so much people who never even saw him in his prime can recite his stats and awards better than their own social security numbers.

Is Jordan...this man most of us never met...so important that people are going to keep arguing points that were already old 10 years ago forever? I wont be suprised if in 2044 people areo n ISH posting "But Jordan is a 10 time all D player! ____ only made 2" as if the person they are saying it to didnt know that already.

Yes...I...a person who has made over 200 videos am complaining about someone putting too much effort into the same thing. Key difference being...ive done hundreds on hundreds of players. Make me better? Course not. But im choosing to use it as a shield for my own lameness.

Maybe if some of you others with endless footage and real first hand knowledge of the 80s anxd 90s focused on the other players a bit...you wouldnt need to make a 70 minute long Jordan video to convince some kid how good Jordan would be today.

If that kid could see Mark Eaton putting in work hed never say Jordan didnt face great defenders. If he knew what Sidney Moncrief could do we wouldnt hear talk of zones that would shut Jordan down.

I watched every game the man played in till 1992 and at least 50 games a year from then on. I had the posters, the games(I can still do the 360 and lean in dunk on Bird vs Jordan), I saw space jam, and when he returned on the wizards and went off in the 3rd vs the Nets in preseason....I rewinded the part where he made a jumper and fell into the bench so many times the tape is near unwatchable now. I get what it is to love Michael Jordan. I loved him before you did unless you were a north carolina fan.

But gotdamn people. Do we really need to be doing lines of ground up Air Jordan 5s off of our framed Come Fly with Me promotional posters?

Jordan being the GOAT does not have to be unanimous evein if its true. You know what has to be unanimous? Chipotle burritos are godly. NBA 2k is better than Live. Season 4 of the wire is the best season of any show ever...that wasnt the Simpsons in its prime. Hidden Valley ranch is the one true ranch.

Michael Jordan being better than everyone else is not something that has to be unanimous. And if it is? Any reason used to support it has already been discussed for the last 10 years.

And yes im aware of the hypocrisy of making a longass post full of redundancies while pleading with people to be fresh and stop repeating themselves. So no need to point that out.
bruce blitz part deux

LJJ
08-05-2009, 10:02 AM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7979/633553695829349661mad.jpg

Juges8932
08-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Good post, well said, and I actually read the whole thing.

plowking
08-05-2009, 10:13 AM
bruce blitz part deux

It's obvious you didn't read a single word of the post. Hell I'd be surprised if you read even half the title...

AJ2k8
08-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Nice post K-Blaze...One question though, why didn't you post this in your thread? or why not make a new thread for every big post you make?:applause:

EMERE
08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I just don't understand how this MJ stans say that Jordan is the undisputed goat and when and when you disagree with them they ***** and write 100 essays:roll: thats the most funny part of MJ stans. He was the most marketable but Wilt, Kareem, Magic and Bill Russel have the case to be consider the goat's too.
:rockon: :pimp: :cheers: :banana:

craiye
08-05-2009, 10:40 AM
bruce blitz part deux
Did you read more than say...the thread title? I'm thinking no.

Next time, read just a tiny bit of the thread before making an idiotic post. That way, you save yourself from coming off like a total dip****.

craiye
08-05-2009, 10:43 AM
*crickets*

So, in other words, you're saying Jordan fans cannot have their own opinion and that we should just succumb to the endless BS Kobe = GOAT threads?

LMMFBAO @ that ****.

As long as Kobe nut-huggers can come on here and spew nonsense, us Jordan fans will be here to own them every time.

Reading comprehension has really, really gone down the toilet. He's trying to say that those few Kobe fanatics who actually think Kobe > Jordan aren't really going to listen to anything you're saying anyways, so don't waste your time. Nothing is unanimous.

lilgodfather1
08-05-2009, 11:15 AM
KBlaze you had best repent. Normally for this type of offense the punishment is ten hail MJs, but since your post is longer than a normal one, you had best do 15 hail MJs.

LebrickJames84'
08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Mj= Goat

KenneBell
08-05-2009, 11:19 AM
KBlaze you had best repent. Normally for this type of offense the punishment is ten hail MJs, but since your post is longer than a normal one, you had best do 15 hail MJs.
Hail MJ, full of GOAT
The Lord is thee
Blessed art thou among basketball players
And blessed are the shoes that you wear

Holy MJ, Father of Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Vince, and Harold
Pray for us dissenters
Now and on ISH
Amen.

:roll:

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-05-2009, 11:35 AM
As I understand it he did it in something of a steriod rage. Terrible business that...

what? i wonder if mj ever took steroids.

KoolKat
08-05-2009, 11:39 AM

Lord Kobe > MJ.

Kblaze8855
08-05-2009, 01:15 PM

Show me one.

Fatal9
08-05-2009, 01:18 PM
The "Kobe = GOAT" type of threads are almost exclusively made by 1-2 posters. Usually they are gimmicks who are trying to draw a reaction. The fact that people write pages and pages responding to them shows how serious these Jordan fans are :oldlol:

CantStop
08-05-2009, 01:20 PM
5 star thread. Wow

Brilliant. I'm dead serious too.

Killer_Instinct
08-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Right now, an irate Jordan fan is typing 25 paragraphs to counter this.

InspiredLebowski
08-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Wait, there're people who put Jordan below top 5 all time?

wang4three
08-05-2009, 01:33 PM
You know what has to be unanimous? Chipotle burritos are godly.

I agree with this the most.

Knoe Itawl
08-05-2009, 01:36 PM
The "Kobe = GOAT" type of threads are almost exclusively made by 1-2 posters. Usually they are gimmicks who are trying to draw a reaction. The fact that people write pages and pages responding to them shows how serious these Jordan fans are :oldlol:

Oh the irony.

At any rate, I understand what you're saying Blaze. But as someone who professes to love MJ since NC, ignorant Kobe Fanatics just have to annoy you. I can't see how it's possible for them not to, being that you know Jordan's career as well as you do and you KNOW the fallacy of any argument claiming he's Jordan's equal or better. I'm not even talking about the obvious troll accounts. I'm talking about ones who actually try to argue him being better by using specious reasoning, inane theories and outright mistruths.

Further, they are by faaaaaaaaaaar the most annoying, hated and reviled group on basketball message boards, not those who tout Jordan's legacy. Why no mention of that.....like EVER?

Kblaze8855
08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Quick question, who's the best center in the league when healthy, Yao or Dwight and I am talking about currently when healthy that is, if you are willing to play that game.

I really dont like to but I will anyway.

Dwight would be my pick because of two reasons. Defense and the desire to be dominant. If Yao wanted to be better than Dwight he would be. But its not in him to be selfish enough to really take over on a regular basis. A healthy Yao with a desire to prove himself would be better than Dwight. But he isnt healthy and he doesnt have that in him.

Wait, there're people who put Jordan below top 5 all time?

Some do what Bill russell did last time I saw him asked. List 6 people(He did not include himself) and say you cant do much to seperate them because all of them had careers that were as good as anyones could be and just have to be respected for dominating their time.

InspiredLebowski
08-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Some do what Bill russell did last time I saw him asked. List 6 people(He did not include himself) and say you cant do much to seperate them because all of them had careers that were as good as anyones could be and just have to be respected for dominating their time.

OK, I can get that, tiering guys. That probably is the best way to "rank" guys. I thought you were talking about random rankings of players with Jordan outside the top 5. I agree with your premise that MJ doesn't have to be the de facto #1 (even if I'd put him there), but putting him below 5 is nutty.

ClutchCity95
08-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I really dont like to but I will anyway.

Dwight would be my pick because of two reasons. Defense and the desire to be dominant. If Yao wanted to be better than Dwight he would be. But its not in him to be selfish enough to really take over on a regular basis. A healthy Yao with a desire to prove himself would be better than Dwight. But he isnt healthy and he doesnt have that in him.

Fair enough, It's kind of like comparing Duncan to Shaq to be honest with you. One of them is a passive player willing to make their teammates better, the other is just on full force everytime and wants the ball everytime. So it's just another if, to include Yao being superior. :pimp:

That is true.....Too bad nobody on this forum takes him seriously for some reason. People always act like he's some type of glorified role player lucky to be on the Celtics when that is just a myth. Especially when Russell dominated in College and in the Olympics.

To be honest with you, I have seen a good share of people argue that Russell is the greatest to ever play and Jordan at #2 and quite Frankly I think I could even make that argument. I just feel Jordan being the GOAT is because he won championships, games and got the stats, so really when I think of Jordan. I think of him as Bill Russell with stats. I don't know too much about Russell's offensive game but he was the greatest winner in the 50s/60s and you can't translate the 90s to the 50s/60s due to the technology.

Kblaze8855
08-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh the irony.

At any rate, I understand what you're saying Blaze. But as someone who professes to love MJ since NC, ignorant Kobe Fanatics just have to annoy you. I can't see how it's possible for them not to, being that you know Jordan's career as well as you do and you KNOW the fallacy of any argument claiming he's Jordan's equal or better. I'm not even talking about the obvious troll accounts. I'm talking about ones who actually try to argue him being better by using specious reasoning, inane theories and outright mistruths.

I find it foolish but im not gonna go on a crusade over it. Ive heard that Isiah, Barkley, Hakeem, Bird, Magic, David Robinson, Shaqa, Penny, and Grant Hill were better than Jordan while he was at or near the top of his game. I laughed it off then and do the same now. Besides...I just dont think enough people think Kobe is better to justify so much arguing against it. 99% of the people ive seen suggest it seemed to be kidding or saying it just for a reaction.

Further, they are by faaaaaaaaaaar the most annoying, hated and reviled group on basketball message boards, not those who tout Jordan's legacy. Why no mention of that.....like EVER?

I dont think I hate or revile any group unless there is a "So what he had sex with middle schooler? Hes the GOAT!" Karl Malone segment im missing. Why should I care if someone else cant handle that fans exist and are unreasonable by nature?

BlackMamba24
08-05-2009, 01:56 PM
as a savage bryant fellator, i agree with everything you said

Vragrant
08-05-2009, 02:08 PM
A good post by KBlaze, but the fact remains that Jordan is arguably the most influential athlete in modern American sports. He is widely known as the GOAT (top 3 at worst), and is arguably the most entertaining player to watch in NBA history.

Of course there are going to be a million threads on him. He's only 11 years removed from his retirement with the Bulls, and only 6 years removed from his retirement with the Wizards. Thats not very long time at all, miniscule actually. Ask this question in 2050 and its most likely different.

Also, you add that to the fact we are in a golden era of swingmen (Kobe/Lebron/Wade (who is more of a PG/SG hybrid)). Jordan's retirement is not very far removed from the prime of these guys. There are going to inevitably be comparisons/discussions, and Jordan, the paragon of swingmen, is going to be right in the middle of it.

The plethora of youtube video postings is inevitable because lets face it, not everybody has seen a prime Jordan and there is sort of a demand for it.

Disaprine
08-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Hail MJ, full of GOAT
The Lord is thee

Pray for us dissenters
Now and on ISH
Amen.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause:

KenneBell
08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Show me one.
He can't. If he did, there's a 99% chance it's a troll.

snipes12
08-05-2009, 02:51 PM
mj and kobe is overated in ish

EMERE
08-05-2009, 05:03 PM
A good post by KBlaze, but the fact remains that Jordan is arguably the most influential athlete in modern American sports. He is widely known as the GOAT (top 3 at worst), and is arguably the most entertaining player to watch in NBA history.

Of course there are going to be a million threads on him. He's only 11 years removed from his retirement with the Bulls, and only 6 years removed from his retirement with the Wizards. Thats not very long time at all, miniscule actually. Ask this question in 2050 and its most likely different.

Also, you add that to the fact we are in a golden era of swingmen (Kobe/Lebron/Wade (who is more of a PG/SG hybrid)). Jordan's retirement is not very far removed from the prime of these guys. There are going to inevitably be comparisons/discussions, and Jordan, the paragon of swingmen, is going to be right in the middle of it.

The plethora of youtube video postings is inevitable because lets face it, not everybody has seen a prime Jordan and there is sort of a demand for it.Look whos on your avatar :no:

momo
08-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Well said.

The thing that cracks me up is when posters say something like this;
"People forget, MJ_________" ...People do not forget JACK nowadays. Every second he played is documented in triplicate online.

It is one thing to be writing an OP ED piece about MJ's GOATness in 92, telling people to appreciate him while we have him. Pre DVD, pre U tube, pre ISH.

But at this point, we KNOW!

triangleoffense
08-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Fellow jordan fans. I assure you. You typing 25 paragraphs a minute about how awesome jordan was will not change anybody not aboard the michael train's mind.

nek1477
08-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Did you read more than say...the thread title? I'm thinking no.

Next time, read just a tiny bit of the thread before making an idiotic post. That way, you save yourself from coming off like a total dip****.
i read the post, the post reminded me of bruce blitz, since its a well written, educated post, where bruce blitz post garbage?:confusedshrug:

juju151111
08-05-2009, 08:41 PM
One of the most needed (and best) posts ever on ISH.

Yup...

Yup....

These people with all this excessive love for Jordan who rarely give any other player any attention (Pip, Bird,Hakeem, Kareem etc) are so predictable and boring. Call someone like Kareem a candidate for GOAT and they go nuts. Upload a video of Bird torching Jordan, something which otherwise would never make youtube, they start complaining even though they have a video of Jordan torching every perimeter player in the book. Don't think Jordan was hands down the best perimeter defender (who didn't deserve DPOY)? Then you don't know sh*t :confusedshrug:. Think Kobe was more than half the player Jordan was? Then you must be one of those people who think Kobe is better...

Never seen fans of any other player that are this obsessed with their favorite players legacy...it's sad and annoying (especially since half these people try to pretend they are Bulls fans).

:oldlol:
Kblaze i don't see how we can't argue wuth people like Fatal. This guy still thinks Pippen guarded magic in 1991. He thinks Zone stop Mj, but in reality teams rarly ever play Zone.

gpfanz
08-05-2009, 08:48 PM

He needs us to contribute to his endorsements :rockon:

Fatal9
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Bump.

Roundball_Rock
11-22-2009, 05:10 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

dnyk1337
11-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Hmmm.... Can't believed I missed this post. Great points Kblaze. This is why most posters can't compete with you when it comes to the game from the 80s-90s specifically. You actually watched the games and you're not a fanboy that gets blinded.

momo
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
The thing people forget is....

Wait. Nevermind.

1987_Lakers
09-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Hail MJ, full of GOAT
The Lord is thee

Pray for us dissenters
Now and on ISH
Amen.

lol

rmt
09-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Michael Jordan = GOAT basketball player

(and I'm not a fan of his)

magnax1
09-26-2010, 01:12 AM
I find it pretty funny that so many Jordan haters came into this thread to agree with KBlaze.

Solid Snake
09-26-2010, 02:34 AM

Didn't read.

Kblaze8855
09-26-2010, 02:52 AM
Good to know. And to know that you wanted me and others to know....also good. Great even.

Where did the little upset purple emoticon come from in the title of your post? caught my eye on the way by...

ImmortalD24
09-26-2010, 03:02 AM
Jordan's game did the talking. Everyone acknowledges that Jordan is at least one of the goats, even the staunchest anti-Jordan fan wouldn't say Jordan isn't top 5 of all-time. Users like bruce blitz and his following could disappear from the face of the earth and Jordan would still be highly regarded by 99.9% of sports fans.

This, along with many kblaze threads, should be stickied. Excellent read! :rockon:

Batz
09-26-2010, 03:05 AM
People actually bother reading this stuff...?

Samurai Swoosh
09-26-2010, 03:09 AM
This, along with many kblaze threads, should be stickied. :rockon:
:facepalm

N0Skillz
09-26-2010, 03:26 AM
I don't know what you are on but if your saying MJ is the best basketball to play the game ever unanimously with no discussion I seriously believe you legally can not drive on the road right now.

dyna
09-26-2010, 03:31 AM
:applause:

d.bball.guy
09-26-2010, 03:34 AM
Stopped reading here.
So do I...@ the same word.

Jacks3
09-26-2010, 05:41 AM
Didn't read.
lol

madmax
09-26-2010, 05:51 AM
I don't know what you are on but if your saying MJ is the best basketball to play the game ever unanimously with no discussion I seriously believe you legally can not drive on the road right now.
:applause: Some of these Jordan stans are trully one of a kind...:oldlol: They act like a guy was some kind of messiah to basketball and no one else deserves to be mentioned with him. They always find excuses for all of his shortcomings and always overemphasize all of his wins - only Kobe homers can challenge them in the level of tardness.

Harison
09-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Quality and fun post, Kblaze. Its rare in these forums (or any forums, for that matter), so hats off and drinks on me :cheers: (non-alcoholic :oldlol:)

Soundwave
09-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Jordan's game doesn't need anyone because the majority of the general public feels Jordan was the best anyway.

See: the ESPN poll thread where people are complaining that the general public is voting the Bulls as the greatest franchise of all time over the Lakers. Now I don't even agree with that ... but it shows how the actual majority of people view things.

This alternate reality that people try to spin on Inside Hoops message board is actually the delusion.

And this thread just adds to it. 12 years after they retire, no one will give a sh-t about Kobe or LeBron or Dwight or Melo etc. etc. etc. except a few old timers. But Jordan is still a constant discussion in just about any basketball conversation from the message boards like this to even casual conversation I hear with casual basketball fans.

momo
09-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Strange thread bump but in this case I am with it. Great OP.

ZeN
04-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Hail MJ, full of GOAT
The Lord is thee

Pray for us dissenters
Now and on ISH
Amen.

:bowdown:

branslowski
10-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Bumped. Why?

1. Solid thread post, It's better than most the threads on front page.
2. Samari swish swoosh needs to read again.
3. Bunch of the same MJ insecure threads posted on front page.

4. I enjoyed the read.

Legends66NBA7
10-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Bumped. Why?

1. Solid thread post, It's better than most the threads on front page.
2. Samari swish swoosh needs to read again.
3. Bunch of the same MJ insecure threads posted on front page.

4. I enjoyed the read.

Might want to check the first post on this thread for #2.

CavaliersFTW
10-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Wilt bashers, Jordan loons, Kobetards, Lebron stans. Insidehoops is a melting pot of happiness and tolerance :lol

branslowski
10-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Wilt bashers, Jordan loons, Kobetards, Lebron stans. Insidehoops is a melting pot of happiness and tolerance :lol

I like how you put Wilt bashers instead of "crazed Wilt myth pushers". Well played sir. I see you.

ripthekik
10-02-2013, 01:37 PM
you guys actually enjoy reading his old man rumblings? I couldn't make it through 1 paragraph.

sportjames23
10-02-2013, 02:08 PM
*crickets*

LMMFBAO @ that ****.

This right here, now to include Lebron stans (I see this is an old thread).

As long as new jacks put out garbage about players they've never seen play or caught at the tail end of their careers, us older guys will be around to put them little bitches in check.

**** this noise, Blaze. You should be droppin' knowledge on these young cats instead of giving in.

Legends66NBA7
10-02-2013, 02:24 PM

As long as new jacks put out garbage about players they've never seen play or caught at the tail end of their careers, us older guys will be around to put them little bitches in check.

**** this noise, Blaze. You should be droppin' knowledge on these young cats instead of giving in.

Kblaze, along with a select few posters I've seen here, drop a lot of knowledge about the old eras, teams that played in them, and the players they missed. I could link the threads here if you want.

In this thread he has a point, but there's also point about speaking about ignorance. I've already had this conversation with you and other Jordan fans, so I'm not going to restate everything again.

Anyways, nobody says Kobe is going to be the GOAT anymore. Or at least, the ones that do are really young or trolling... either way, if your going to put them "in check", go ahead. It's a wasted effort.

Rose'sACL
10-02-2013, 02:50 PM

i am asking you again. why are you on an nba forum? Even if you loved it some time back, you clearly don't love the game anymore if you ever loved it at all. You stopped loving it as soon as Jordan retired so i have no idea what you are doing here. it seems like you are a kid given the way you post(so many insults) so it just might be true that you are from Chicago and hate that you don't have anything to brag about like kobe/lebron fans do even if they are wrong but at least those players are still playing.

Jordan is the best of all time in my opinion but guys like you continuously overrate him. Be happy that at at least 7 out of 10 NBA fans have him as GOAT.

Fans of Kareem, Bill Russell, bird and wilt should be the only people as angry as you because those players don't get the recognition they deserve.

sportjames23
10-02-2013, 03:02 PM
i am asking you again. why are you on an nba forum? Even if you loved it some time back, you clearly don't love the game anymore if you ever loved it at all. You stopped loving it as soon as Jordan retired so i have no idea what you are doing here. it seems like you are a kid given the way you post(so many insults) so it just might be true that you are from Chicago and hate that you don't have anything to brag about like kobe/lebron fans do even if they are wrong but at least those players are still playing.

Jordan is the best of all time in my opinion but guys like you continuously overrate him. Be happy that at at least 7 out of 10 NBA fans have him as GOAT.

Fans of Kareem, Bill Russell, bird and wilt should be the only people as angry as you because those players don't get the recognition they deserve.

I love basketball, dude. THAT'S why I still watch it. Hell, I even watch Euroleague when I get the chance.

Just because I don't slob all over the players today like you kids do doesn't mean I don't like watching basketball. I just don't enjoy the product as much as I used to. But where else am I gonna get my basketball fix?

And as far as overrating MJ--only a moron who never watched in his prime would be spouting bullshit like that. Like I've said elsewhere, I'm gonna check anyone who posts nonsense about that era, whether you like it or not.

And I'm not from Chicago. I've only been there twice, years ago. I am from Miami, matter of fact. Born there, but raised elsewhere being a military brat and all. But I've been a Bulls fan before the Heat even existed.

sportjames23
10-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Kblaze, along with a select few posters I've seen here, drop a lot of knowledge about the old eras, teams that played in them, and the players they missed. I could link the threads here if you want.

In this thread he has a point, but there's also point about speaking about ignorance. I've already had this conversation with you and other Jordan fans, so I'm not going to restate everything again.

Anyways, nobody says Kobe is going to be the GOAT anymore. Or at least, the ones that do are really young or trolling... either way, if your going to put them "in check", go ahead. It's a wasted effort.

Ah, so give in to the cretins is your answer, just like Blaze?

pauk
10-02-2013, 05:19 PM
http://i2.wp.com/memecollection.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slow-clap-gif3.gif

Legends66NBA7
10-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Ah, so give in to the cretins is your answer, just like Blaze?

Give in to what, exactly ? Nonsense ? Been there, done that. What else should I say regarding somebody spouting ignorance on the subject at hand ?

I was speaking to Neveah not too long ago about someone questioning if I have it out for people defending Jordan too much, when infact I've defended Jordan quiet a bit on here myself. The only retired players I defend more are guys like Wilt and Russell or any other 60's and 70's player that continues to get disrespected because of when they played, outside of Kareem and Dr.J.

Even Bird and Magic get disrespected, but to a lesser degree. My thing is... there are fans I've seen, most saying they are Jordan fans, do the exact same thing to the past eras and tear down any other player that a seeming threat to Jordan. And these are 30-40 year old's saying Wilt didn't face enough competition and Russell only would have 2-3 Finals MVP's due to his ppg in the Finals. And off course you have kids who read Jordan stats and spew it all day and they never even seen Jordan play in context.

So you have 2 sides to everything. The fact I don't have to state it over and over again because it's already been written. Anybody who doesn't have an agenda and can go through a player's career in context can see a guy like Jordan was great. That Wilt was great, that Duncan was great, that Kobe was great, that LeBron is great and will be forever be in the talk for the greatest players ever.

And by saying so, I'll judge the future of the sport and it's players on how they perform and not some young kid hyping his era and or downing another one. Besides, that's the thing I find most interesting about the future, what more great players can we witness ? What more great teams will come about ? Doesn't make me think any less of the past. Their not just not in the current state of affairs, but the fact that they get brought up and compared to already speaks volumes about them.