PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Lewis tests positive for steroid, to miss first 10 games

Copperhead
08-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Orlando Magic All-Star Rashard Lewis will be suspended for the first 10 games of next season because he has tested positive for a testosterone-producing steroid, the Orlando Sentinel has learned.

According to league sources, Lewis was taking nutritional supplements at the end of last season that unknowing to him contained a substance commonly known as DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) -- a chemical compound made naturally in the body but also found in numerous over-the-counter supplements at nutritional stores. The substance is banned by most sports leagues, including the NBA.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-rashard-lewis-tests-positive-steroids,0,1959796.story

Homerism
08-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow.

I can't remember the last time a high profile NBA player got a ban for steroids.

phoenix18
08-06-2009, 03:38 PM
That sucks. When I saw the thread title, I was thinking to myself, how come the steroids arent working?

KenneBell
08-06-2009, 03:39 PM
It's always the ones you never suspect. :oldlol:

B-Low
08-06-2009, 03:40 PM
That sucks. When I saw the thread title, I was thinking to myself, how come the steroids arent working?

:oldlol:

Of all people Rashard never woulda popped into my head as someone on any kind of steroids. I woulda suspected a high jumper, fast runner, or at least a strong/muscular player lol

boozehound
08-06-2009, 03:41 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-rashard-lewis-tests-positive-steroids,0,1959796.story
bulking up to bang with the big boys huh shard?

Why do these numbnuts take random supplements without first getting the explicit approval of a dr. familiar with the banned substance list for the league? or the league itself? It wouldnt be that hard to make sure.

ClutchCity95
08-06-2009, 03:41 PM
:oldlol:

Of all people Rashard never woulda popped into my head as someone on any kind of steroids:roll: Same here bro. He's so lanky and skinny, How the hell is he on steroids? Does he have a counter in his body or something? :oldlol:

Oh well, more chance for me to laugh at Magic fans. Rashard is a good player and he's one of my favorite players on the Magic, but this is kind of funny and DEFINITELY surprising.

unknown101
08-06-2009, 03:42 PM
They gotta redo the Finals now Cavs vs. Lakers

The Joker
08-06-2009, 03:42 PM
WOW 10 games that's huge it will cost the Magic a lot possibly the first seed.

Homerism
08-06-2009, 03:43 PM
:roll: Same here bro. He's so lanky and skinny, How the hell is he on steroids? Does he have a counter in his body or something? :oldlol:

Oh well, more chance for me to laugh at Magic fans. Rashard is a good player and he's one of my favorite players on the Magic, but this is kind of funny and DEFINITELY surprising.

For all we know this could be a good thing for the Magic.

Gives Bass some quality minutes to improve.

Its not like their best player is out for the season cause his p*ssy broke.

ashar008
08-06-2009, 03:43 PM
They gotta redo the Finals now Cavs vs. Lakers

:roll:

juju151111
08-06-2009, 03:45 PM
He thought it was a nutrition bill, but it cantain a substance the league has on its ban list.

imdaman99
if rashards on something i wonder how many needles stick out lebrons ass on a daily basis lol

B-Low
at least in baseball roids will make you one of the best in the league. Rashard takes them and all he gets is like 6 minutes in the All-star game :oldlol:

Dude needs to sue whoever sold him those

embersyc
08-06-2009, 03:46 PM
DHEA is a banned substance? I'm suprised more dudes don't get busted for this, its in a LOT of GNC products.

The Joker
08-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Quite surprised. I wonder how often they test. Lebron has to be on something.

----------------------------
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2695/sigsmu.jpg
Lebron's chalk is actually cocaine

ClutchCity95
08-06-2009, 03:47 PM
For all we know this could be a good thing for the Magic.

Gives Bass some quality minutes to improve.

Its not like their best player is out for the season cause his p*ssy broke.
:oldlol: Keep talking Godfather, you don't want to be banned again do you?

Anyways, Dwight Howard is going to be terrible at the start of the season..Just watch. People don't realize the presence Rashard brings to the team. He influences the same way Raja Bell did in Phoenix.

0-10 start for the Orlando Magic. :lol

west
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM

Anyways,

Dwight Howard is going to be terrible at the start of the season..Just watch. People don't realize the presence Rashard brings to the team.

I'm pretty sure they will still start off better than the Rockets.:oldlol:

BankShot
08-06-2009, 03:49 PM
And so it begins.

Exactly what I was thinking

DuMa
08-06-2009, 03:50 PM
this whole steroids stuff is getting kinda fishy.

oh the horror
08-06-2009, 03:52 PM
If its in most over the counter products at GNC, is it a steroid in the traditional stereotypical sense that most people are thinking? What exactly is this sh*t anyway?

Pharcyde
08-06-2009, 03:54 PM
DHEA is a banned substance? I'm suprised more dudes don't get busted for this, its in a LOT of GNC products.
^This. You guys saying hes lanky relaize it doesnt make you huge right?

JordanL
08-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Wow.

I can't remember the last time a high profile NBA player got a ban for steroids.

Darius Miles. Almost one year ago exactly.

unknown101
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Quite surprised. I wonder how often they test. Lebron has to be on something.

----------------------------
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2695/sigsmu.jpg

They dont test Lebron and if they do, they wont tell what happened cause he is Lebron.

unknown101
08-06-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty sure they will still start off better than the Rockets.:oldlol:

We will see, has nothing to do with this thread anyways.

The Joker
08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
They dont test Lebron and if they do, they wont tell what happened cause he is Lebron.
That's why Stern came up with that pre-game routine for LeBron. (I'm telling you it's coke)

mateo31
08-06-2009, 04:00 PM
This is breaking news man. It is not even on Yahoo! Sports or anywhere else on the internet besides the Orlando Sentinel (posted at 3:32 PM EDT). :eek: :eek: :eek: 3 eeks!

Homerism
08-06-2009, 04:01 PM

Anyways, Dwight Howard is going to be terrible at the start of the season..Just watch. People don't realize the presence Rashard brings to the team. He influences the same way Raja Bell did in Phoenix.

Reported.

Such stupidity and obvious insecurity shouldn't be fostered on this board.

JellyBean
08-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Whoa!! Are you for real? I thought roids was supposed to make you big and stuff. Run faster and jumper over tall buildings and what not. Knock out tanks with your fists. Stop trains with your teeth. What happened with Lewis?

boozehound
08-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Reported.

Such stupidity and obvious insecurity shouldn't be fostered on this board.
it doesnt matter. Its rockets greatness. He has about 10 accounts and he is constantly getting banned from one or the other of them. You cant even ignore him, cause he gets banned faster than you can type his new name into the ignore list.

kentatm
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
clearly many of you in here dont understand anything about steroids.

"ZOMG! RawLew??!!??!! Dude is a stick! He cant be on roids!"

steroids in sports like basketball (and baseball) are more often used for injury recovery over getting huge.

boozehound
Whoa!! Are you for real? I thought roids was supposed to make you big and stuff. Run faster and jumper over tall buildings and what not. Knock out tanks with your fists. Stop trains with your teeth. What happened with Lewis?
do any of you actually read the OP? its not an anabolic steroid, its a freaking over the counter testosterone enhancer (that he should have verified wasnt in a supplement before he took it).

kwajo
Damn, if anyone on the Magic was doing steroids I would have guessed Gortat (I saw Schindler's List, Polish guys are never that big, they're always so skinny that they look malnourished and starving. So he's obviously doing something unusual.)

Da Ballahollic
He'll miss the 1st match up with the Cavs..

AirJordan23
Go figure Rashard was found with Steroids, that whole team is probably juiced. This pretty much proves that Dwight Howard has been juicing ever since joining the NBA. We all know there is no natural way for someone to get shoulders that big, and now his skinny team mate Rashard is going down for steroids?
You make it way too obvious.

Qwyjibo
Cool. Too bad it was only 10 games and not more.

At least he misses one game vs the Raptors. Always nice to have any advantage you can get.

beasly15
08-06-2009, 04:07 PM
this is why they call us the dirty south.:cheers:

edit: elsik boy..

Silverbullit
08-06-2009, 04:08 PM
This is breaking news man. It is not even on Yahoo! Sports or anywhere else on the internet besides the Orlando Sentinel (posted at 3:32 PM EDT). :eek: :eek: :eek: 3 eeks!

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/Lewis_Suspended-321190-2348.html

wang4three
08-06-2009, 04:12 PM
This is probably a blessing in disguse. It allows Carter to establish a better relationship with Dwight on the floor and as their main wing scorer...allowing Rashard to come in and just play off Carter instead of starting the season with the two of them trying to figure out whose is the primary wing guy is.

ClutchCity95
08-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Rashard creates mismatches. This team will struggle in the 1st 10 games. Hedo is gone for good, Rashard will be out for 10 games. Let's see how the Magic fare without two of their biggest mismatch players. I think/hope they will do terrible.

ppierce34
08-06-2009, 04:13 PM
DHEA is not what you guys are acting like it is. It's not an anabolic steroid.

Pharcyde
08-06-2009, 04:16 PM
do any of you actually read the OP? its not an anabolic steroid, its a freaking over the counter testosterone enhancer (that he should have verified wasnt in a supplement before he took it).
None of them read it

bagelred
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM
It's a misprint.

Turns out his CONTRACT is on steroids.

KAJ=GOAT
08-06-2009, 04:20 PM
:roll: Same here bro. He's so lanky and skinny, How the hell is he on steroids? Does he have a counter in his body or something? :oldlol:

James Toney was busted for steriods and hes fat and lumpy.

Body type is never an indication of what one is doing.

"Standing on the top, standing on the top, getting down"

:hammertime:

ShaqAttack3234
08-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Rashard creates mismatches. This team will struggle in the 1st 10 games. Hedo is gone for good, Rashard will be out for 10 games. Let's see how the Magic fare without two of their biggest mismatch players. I think/hope they will do terrible.

No need for Orlando to worry. They always have this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71yVR0PyctM

ProfessorMurder
08-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Orlando is not in any trouble for the first ten games.

Dwight
VC
Jameer
Pietrus
Barnes
Bass
Gortat

They will be fine.

D-Rose
08-06-2009, 04:24 PM
This isn't that bad, Vince will get to assert himself with the team and Shard will be fresher with more than 1/10 of the season shaved off his legs.

You were sooo hoping it was Dwight I bet haha.

NuggetsFan
08-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Sucks for Orlando. Out of everyone in the NBA wouldn't have expected Rashard to be the one using steroids.

ShaqAttack3234
Orlando is not in any trouble for the first ten games.

Dwight
VC
Jameer
Pietrus
Barnes
Bass
Gortat

They will be fine.

And these are the teams they'll face.

Philadelphia, New Jersey(twice), Toronto, Detroit(twice), Phoenix, Oklahoma City, Charlotte, Cleveland

Huey Freeman
Orlando is going to seriously struggle for the first 10 games of the season. This is a pure Fact. After the first 10 games, they will probably struggle another 20-25 games due to chemistry problems. After the all-star break they might get it together and maybe they will make the playoffs, but I seriously doubt it.
Reported.

Da Ballahollic
08-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Orlando is going to seriously struggle for the first 10 games of the season. This is a pure Fact. After the first 10 games, they will probably struggle another 20-25 games due to chemistry problems. After the all-star break they might get it together and maybe they will make the playoffs, but I seriously doubt it.
:banghead:

Idiot..

ShaqAttack3234
08-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I'd be shocked if Orlando started the season any worse than 7-3.

Huey Freeman
08-06-2009, 04:28 PM
For what? Sharing my opinion on a basketball forum?
For a fake account.

ProfessorMurder
08-06-2009, 04:31 PM
And these are the teams they'll face.

Philadelphia, New Jersey(twice), Toronto, Detroit(twice), Phoenix, Oklahoma City, Charlotte, Cleveland

Yeah, I think they could still get 6 or 7 wins (and I'm be generous to the other teams). The Magic could easily win 8+ and I wouldn't be terribly surprised. They still have 3 all stars.

ShaqAttack3234
08-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I think they could still get 6 or 7 wins (and I'm be generous to the other teams). The Magic could easily win 8+ and I wouldn't be terribly surprised. They still have 3 all stars.

On paper they should beat every team except Cleveland even without Rashard.

Captain Kirk
08-06-2009, 04:36 PM
He's like the thinnest guy in the league, what's he doing on roids o.O

Huey Freeman
08-06-2009, 04:37 PM
He's like the thinnest guy in the league, what's he doing on roids o.O
RTA.

twolvesfan
08-06-2009, 04:37 PM
/yawn, lol. i love this as EVERYONE on this board attributes steroids = getting huge. people also love to claim that anyone who looks muscular is on steroids.

ihatetimthomas
08-06-2009, 04:39 PM
/yawn, lol. i love this as EVERYONE on this board attributes steroids = getting huge. people also love to claim that anyone who looks muscular is on steroids.

I was thinking the same thing. You guys think Tayshaun Prince would get huge if he roided up? If you are big already and you roid, then you get huge. If you are thin, you just get a bit bigger

twolvesfan
08-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing. You guys think Tayshaun Prince would get huge if he roided up? If you are big already and you roid, then you get huge. If you are thin, you just get a bit bigger

steroids also arent just for getting bigger, they help you heal faster to.

visirale
08-06-2009, 04:44 PM

feel free to rep if you agree
Please go back to high school, for the sake of basketball.

And since you're so big on > < ****,

Not having Rashard for 10 games <<<<<< Not having Yao for a season

Enjoy the lottery!

adamcz
08-06-2009, 04:44 PM
clearly many of you in here dont understand anything about steroids.

"ZOMG! RawLew??!!??!! Dude is a stick! He cant be on roids!"

steroids in sports like basketball (and baseball) are more often used for injury recovery over getting huge.
But it also isn't super surprising when you have a guy with a slender frame who is a natural SF being asked to defend PFs in the NBA.

unknown101
08-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Wow looking at the teams they face, I dont think they're in trouble at all.

Just be glad it wasn't Dwight.

Showtime
08-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Where is that moron who said you have to look like a body builder if you use steroids?

Yung D-Will
08-06-2009, 04:52 PM
He'll get past it cause lets be honest who the F is Rashard Lewis

But if it was Kobe, Lebron or Wade I fear what these forums would be like

Kebab Stall
08-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Damn, if anyone on the Magic was doing steroids I would have guessed Gortat (I saw Schindler's List, Polish guys are never that big, they're always so skinny that they look malnourished and starving. So he's obviously doing something unusual.)
Your Newfiness becomes more obvious with every post you make. When you're carrying a team as much as Gortat carried that piss poor Orlando team, you gotta be big, you gotta be huge, you gotta be able to tear down office buildings and you gotta be big enough to be able to take craps that are so big, that they can wipe Newfoundland off the map.

1~Gibson~1
08-06-2009, 04:55 PM
dangit Shard. Now you guys will have an excuse once we beat you on 11/11 :rant

CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!

Spec5ial5k5
08-06-2009, 04:59 PM
dont wana say i told u so but...I TOLD U SO. I made a thread a couple weeks ago about dwight howard possibly takin steroids and no one believed me that there are probally nba players who take steroids

gyu
08-06-2009, 05:01 PM
I think he is really ignorant to it, when you think steroids you think illegal and wouldn't expect it to be in stores.

Showtime
08-06-2009, 05:02 PM
dont wana say i told u so but...I TOLD U SO. I made a thread a couple weeks ago about dwight howard possibly takin steroids and no one believed me that there are probally nba players who take steroids
There was a guy who said that if players took roids, they would look like a body builder, so nobody takes roids. LMAO that guy is a moron.

oh the horror
08-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Again, i think some of you need to read the differences in certain steroids out there.

goldenryan
08-06-2009, 05:04 PM

feel free to rep if you agree
you're pretending to be rg, and if not "the clutch kid" isn't trying hard enough to hide the fact that he has multiple accounts:oldlol:

Kobe Jnr
08-06-2009, 05:05 PM
whats the punishment if u get caught twice or three times?

LA_Showtime
08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
This seems like a Rashard Lewis is stupid for not researching what's going into his body instead of Rashard Lewis wants to be bigger, stronger, faster.

loot
08-06-2009, 05:09 PM
wait till they check kobe, wade, nelson, dwight and especially lebron.

sbw19
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
This seems like a Rashard Lewis is stupid for not researching what's going into his body instead of Rashard Lewis wants to be bigger, stronger, faster.
Yup. FYI

Muscle strength: Many study results in this area conflict but overall the current available evidence in this area is negative. Further research is needed before firm conclusions can be drawn. D

*Key to grades
A: Strong scientific evidence for this use;
B: Good scientific evidence for this use;
C: Unclear scientific evidence for this use;
D: Fair scientific evidence against this use;
F: Strong scientific evidence against this use.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patient-dhea.html

visirale
08-06-2009, 05:37 PM
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133486

I'm going to go get me some! If it's good enough for Rashard it's good enough for me!

Haha, now he will be called Roidshard Lewis everywhere he plays now. Oh well, he'll sit out 10 games, the Magic will do fine, and Rashard will come back playing like he's trying to prove he's worth his max contract.

snipes12
08-06-2009, 05:40 PM
his such an atention whore

Kujo
08-06-2009, 05:43 PM
This does appear to be a honest mistake by Lewis.

That being said, it's mind-boggling how he could just start popping a supplement, and not checking to find out it had any banned substances in it. :hammerhead:

Batman
08-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Wow if he is taken it them surely others are also.

HeyIt'sMe
08-06-2009, 05:46 PM

Howard hasn't tested positive for steroids, so calm down, skippy. They also test for steroids at the Olympics, so if anyone like Lebron or Howard was on them, there is a good percent chance they would have been caught by now.

lolwut
08-06-2009, 05:49 PM
it's only a matter of time before some even bigger names get popped in the NFL and NBA.

ConanRulesNBC
08-06-2009, 05:51 PM
How do steroids really affect the way an NBA player plays the game? I don't get it...

MrUnstopable
08-06-2009, 05:51 PM

Of course it is... his game relies 0% on any advantage steroids can give...

MrUnstopable
08-06-2009, 05:52 PM
How do steroids really affect the way an NBA player plays the game? I don't get it...

Big guys maybe.. Perimeter players who never tried to gain weight/strength their entire careers nothing at all...

kobesabi
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Steroid for what use? He's scrawny still.

Kingsfans818
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
lol @ people assuming steroids

the guy probably took a legal supplement that contained some substance banned by the NBA.

visirale
08-06-2009, 06:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-dhealegal051409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

It's ironic that the steroid-obsessed MLB still allows DHEA while all the other major leagues ban it.

oballers4life
08-06-2009, 06:24 PM
is this the next chris anderson????? before u know it he will be out of the league for 2 years and come back as a role player and have a mohawk!!!!!!

jk.......but he is gonna appeal it and i would do the same thing

drewdizzle
08-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Is that a serious question? :roll:

dyna
08-06-2009, 07:03 PM
It's a misprint.

Turns out his CONTRACT is on steroids.

oballers4life
08-06-2009, 07:04 PM
lol at bagelred

RoseCity07
08-06-2009, 07:25 PM
You can tell by his steroid zits he has on his face. I wonder if Boozer is juicing too.

CantStop
08-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Imagine the outrage if it was Kobe... they would strip his Finals MVP and championship faster than he could read the news.

Clifton
08-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Imagine the outrage if it was Kobe... they would strip his Finals MVP and championship faster than he could read the news.
gooooood pooooost...... :rolleyes:

CantStop
08-06-2009, 07:35 PM
gooooood pooooost...... :rolleyes:

You don't think it's true? The championship would have an *, it would be on CNN, MTV and he would be looked as a loser. It's Rashard Lewis so no one gives a f*ck. Love how the media works.

HighFlyer23
08-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Tayshaun, Durant and Vujacic better clean up there acts cuz they're next :lol

HOLLYWOOD
08-06-2009, 07:37 PM
You don't think it's true? The championship would have an *, it would be on CNN, MTV and he would be looked as a loser. It's Rashard Lewis so no one gives a f*ck. Love how the media works.

I don't think so. The reason Rashard isn't receiving as much press is because he isn't a big name player and is believed to have used the drug after the season was over. If the Magic has won the championship and Rashard was believed to have used the drug during the playoff run then the media would be more inclined to follow this story.

HighFlyer23
08-06-2009, 07:39 PM

Go away.

Clifton
08-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't think so. The reason Rashard isn't receiving as much press is because he isn't a big name player and is believed to have used the drug after the season was over. If the Magic has won the championship and Rashard was believed to have used the drug during the playoff run then the media would be more inclined to follow this story.
exactly

What this has to do with Kobe Bryant I don't understand.

Would people care more if Kobe were busted instead of Rashard? Yes, they would, in direct proportion to how much people care about anything else having to do with Kobe Bryant vs. having to do with Rashard. Rashard Lewis doesn't matter. Third best player on a contender who stands 22 feet away from the basket and throws up threes... Kobe Bryant is a guy who many think is the greatest player to play since Jordan.

It's the same reason the Microwave's last minute jumper to win the Finals that one year is virtually ignored today while MJ's shot to beat Cleveland in the first round will never be forgotten. Kobe matters, Rashard doesn't. Jordan matters, the Microwave doesn't.

HighFlyer23
08-06-2009, 07:46 PM
exactly

What this has to do with Kobe Bryant I don't understand.

Would people care more if Kobe were busted instead of Rashard? Yes, they would, in direct proportion to how much people care about anything else having to do with Kobe Bryant vs. having to do with Rashard. Rashard Lewis doesn't matter. Third best player on a contender who stands 22 feet away from the basket and throws up threes... Kobe Bryant is a guy who many think is the greatest player to play since Jordan.

It's the same reason the Microwave's last minute jumper to win the Finals that one year is virtually ignored today while MJ's shot to beat Cleveland in the first round will never be forgotten. Kobe matters, Rashard doesn't. Jordan matters, the Microwave doesn't.

He must mention Kobe in every single one of his posts ... its like a religious law for him :confusedshrug:

monkeypox
08-06-2009, 07:47 PM
The fact that he got busted like this probably indicates that he's not a user. An actual steroid abuser can cycle to not get caught, or like Manny Ramirez, get busted for maintenance or masking compounds.

Also, like others have said, you can't guss a steroid abuser by looking at the body.

ppierce34
08-06-2009, 08:09 PM
How many more pages before people realize it's not steroids?

thejumpa
08-06-2009, 08:42 PM

Hahah I was just thinking this.....dude took some sort of supplement that had a banned substance in it. Doesn't mean it's a steroids. At first glance, I thought they were talking about weed...because you know the guy smokes. You think he would be out 10 games if it were a steroid?

twolvesfan
08-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Hahah I was just thinking this.....dude took some sort of supplement that had a banned substance in it. Doesn't mean it's a steroids. At first glance, I thought they were talking about weed...because you know the guy smokes. You think he would be out 10 games if it were a steroid?
yes.

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles/article-XXXIII.php

(c) Penalties.
Any player who (i) tests positive for a SPED pursuant to Section 5 (Reasonable Cause Testing), Section 6 (Random Testing), or Section 14 (Additional Bases for Testing), or (ii) is adjudged by the Grievance Arbitrator pursuant to Section 5(e) above to have used or possessed a SPED, shall suffer the following penalties:
(A) For the first such violation, the player shall be suspended for ten (10) games and required to enter the SPED Program;

(B) For the second such violation, the player shall be suspended for twenty-five (25) games and, if the player is not then subject to in-patient or aftercare treatment in the SPED Program, be required to enter the SPED Program;

(C) for the third such violation, the player shall be suspended for one (1) year from the date of such violation and, if the player is not then subject to in-patient or aftercare treatment in the SPED Program, be required to enter the SPED Program; and

(D) for the fourth such violation, the player shall be immediately dismissed and disqualified from any association with the NBA or any of its Teams in accordance with the provisions of Section 11(a) below.

pmj
08-06-2009, 08:48 PM

Yeah it's legal stuff...so I don't think people should be so harsh on him.

He's obviously retarded though, you get paid millions of dollars, you should know the rules.

twolvesfan
08-06-2009, 08:50 PM
didnt he get busted for taking DHEA? DHEA is a steroid...

pmj
08-06-2009, 08:54 PM

While I think it's a wash because he obviously bought it over the counter, and we can't get too mad at him for being stupid, a lot of the "prohormones" and such like DHEA, Andro, etc have the same or worse side effects than steroids. Actually the side effects are more common because people think the stuff is safe b/c they bought it at a store, and don't have preventative and maintenance meds like people that regiment steroids in body building, MMA, baseball, football...plus oral medications are inherently worse on your liver than injectables.

Just throwing that out there for people that think about taking some of that stuff.

thejumpa
08-06-2009, 08:55 PM
yes.

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles/article-XXXIII.php

Good looking info....I had no idea it was 10 games. I figured on your first offense it would be something like 20 games...

thejumpa
08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
While I think it's a wash because he obviously bought it over the counter, and we can't get too mad at him for being stupid, a lot of the "prohormones" and such like DHEA, Andro, etc have the same or worse side effects than steroids. Actually the side effects are more common because people think the stuff is safe b/c they bought it at a store, and don't have preventative and maintenance meds like people that regiment steroids in body building, MMA, baseball, football...plus oral medications are inherently worse on your liver than injectables.

Just throwing that out there for people that think about taking some of that stuff.

Oh most definitely....like he said, if he were to do his research, he wouldn't have made the mistake he did.

monkeypox
08-06-2009, 09:28 PM
the whole steroid thing is so muddy. It's like a constant cat an mouse between the abusers and the testing agencies, only the people that are testing are really only half interested in catching the abusers because really better performing atheletes are better for revenue. They have to ban all kinds of stuff just on the chance that it can be abused. It doesn't help that supplement companies constantly spike their products with stuff they shouldn't just to get a competitive edge.

In the end it hardly matters because really good steroid abusers are good at not getting caught.

kurple
08-06-2009, 09:33 PM
So is 10 games after a first offense, or second?

justin43
08-06-2009, 09:34 PM
This is a sad day for the game of basketball.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Seriously, it seems more like Rashard Lewis got careless and didn't look at the info on the supplement he took than him trying to get bigger. If he did took it to get bigger, :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

twolvesfan
08-06-2009, 09:39 PM
So is 10 games after a first offense, or second?
first offense is 10 games

branslowski
08-06-2009, 09:41 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/30nk96p.jpg

:rolleyes:

thejumpa
08-06-2009, 09:42 PM
LOL^^^^^ good one

justin43
08-06-2009, 09:49 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/30nk96p.jpg

:rolleyes:

:roll: :roll: :roll: That is so wrong.:roll: :roll: :roll:

ppierce34
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
didnt he get busted for taking DHEA? DHEA is a steroid...

No, DHEA is not an anabolic steroid, it's androgen. Is it called a steroid? sure but it's not what people think when they hear steroids. It raises your testosterone and a lot of the buzz say you can have "steroid like" gains, but that's bs. If you want steroid like gains, take anabolic steroids. There's a difference between DHEA and Winstrol or Deca. Problem is the media just blankets pretty much everything minus creatine and protein powder under steroids so people get the impression when they read this article that Rashard was pumping in a needle in his ass with the same type of stuff that Bonds, Sosa, etc were.

sbw19
08-06-2009, 10:17 PM
No, DHEA is not an anabolic steroid, it's androgen. Is it called a steroid? sure but it's not what people think when they hear steroids. It raises your testosterone and a lot of the buzz say you can have "steroid like" gains, but that's bs. If you want steroid like gains, take anabolic steroids. There's a difference between DHEA and Winstrol or Deca. Problem is the media just blankets pretty much everything minus creatine and protein powder under steroids so people get the impression when they read this article that Rashard was pumping in a needle in his ass with the same type of stuff that Bonds, Sosa, etc were.
True. DHEA will NOT make you bigger or increase muscle mass. It is however classified as one of the anabolic steroids because it is a precursor for the anabolic hormone testosterone. The reason it doesn't increase muscle mass is the human body regulates its effects through a feedback mechanism, which means unless you have a condition that causes unnaturally low testosterone levels such as adrenal insufficiency you wouldn't see any significant increases in testosterone like with banned anabolic steroids.

http://www.crnusa.org/CRN_DHEA.html

iTwistAnkles
08-06-2009, 10:30 PM
a sign that the game of basketball will turn into the game of baseball....

:violin:

ppierce34
08-06-2009, 10:31 PM
True. DHEA will NOT make you bigger or increase muscle mass. It is however classified as one of the anabolic steroids because it is a precursor for the anabolic hormone testosterone. The reason it doesn't increase muscle mass is the human body regulates its effects through a feedback mechanism, which means unless you have a condition that causes unnaturally low testosterone levels such as adrenal insufficiency you wouldn't see any significant increases in testosterone like with banned anabolic steroids.

http://www.crnusa.org/CRN_DHEA.html

You're right it is listed as an anabolic steroid, didn't think it would be. Goes with my point that anything remotely related to steroids or testosterone production is put under the same cloud as anabolic steroids.

unknown101
08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
a sign that the game of basketball will turn into the game of baseball....

:violin:

I doubt that, steroids is a huge problem in baseball and A-Rod and Ortiz got caught and didn't get in trouble for it, while it isn't a huge thing in basketball and a 1st time offense with it got a 10 game suspension. At least basketball punishes them, I think of the players caught this year only Manny got suspended.

twolvesfan
08-06-2009, 10:38 PM
I doubt that, steroids is a huge problem in baseball and A-Rod and Ortiz got caught and didn't get in trouble for it, while it isn't a huge thing in basketball and a 1st time offense with it got a 10 game suspension. At least basketball punishes them, I think of the players caught this year only Manny got suspended.
thats because manny got caught doing it this year. Ortiz and A-ROD werent punished because it was from 2003. i have no idea how that makes sense but that is the case:oldlol:

bluechox
08-06-2009, 10:54 PM
dwight gave him some of his stash...

ShaqAttack3234
08-06-2009, 10:56 PM
thats because manny got caught doing it this year. Ortiz and A-ROD werent punished because it was from 2003. i have no idea how that makes sense but that is the case:oldlol:

You can't punish players for failing a test that was supposed to be anonymous and have no consequences.

iTwistAnkles
08-06-2009, 10:57 PM
steroids piss me off, i beleive that baseball should have a banishment rule against steroids, huh mr Ortiz? :pimp:

same should be for all sports. Steroids = Cheating.
The fact that Lewis said he had no idea the substance was on the list is not an excuse, i think that players who are going to use a supplement, should report it to the league.

ronnymac
08-07-2009, 12:03 AM
This unstable fool clutchcity95 aka, rocketsgreatnss, itruwarrior, rocks fo sho, dremshake, ilovenba, zaaahh, tmacyaokobe, clutchyaodream, duncanmvp21 is a very insecure fool. so much so that the admin here labled him a " loser and idiot". on he's ilovenba account he has destination BOSTON on he's other account he has destination houston. even he is caughtup in his blatant lies:roll:

Luigi
08-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Looks like Bass will get the start for 10 games.

josh99
08-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Looks like Bass will get the start for 10 games.
Not necassarily. Could be Anderson.

dwightderon
08-07-2009, 02:01 AM
Even better for dwight howard, now he wont have the chucker rashard lewis for the beginnign of season, so he can start the season reminding everyone how he is the best center in the league.

honestly i can predict stats of 30 points, 19 rebounds per game for dwight howard next season.

ronnymac
08-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Even better for dwight howard, now he wont have the chucker rashard lewis for the beginnign of season, so he can start the season reminding everyone how he is the best center in the league.

honestly i can predict stats of 30 points, 19 rebounds per game for dwight howard next season.
Nicetry rocketsgreatness. opening another gimmick account this timeas a dwight fan to try to portray them as blind homers.

dwightderon
08-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Nicetry rocketsgreatness. opening another gimmick account this timeas a dwight fan to try to portray them as blind homers.
i'm not rockets greatness....

josh99
08-07-2009, 02:16 AM
Lol, good call.

chains5000
08-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Lewis should thank God his sport is basketball and not cycling.
It's a joke.

chains5000
08-07-2009, 03:01 AM
i'm not rockets greatness....
You're simply a retard then?

RoseCity07
08-07-2009, 03:52 AM

They'd discredit the people that gave them to him and he'd go free. An out of court settlement would keep the people form talking. He'd buy his wife a new ring.

mamba24
08-07-2009, 04:22 AM
GTFOH....stern needs to get wacked....i am seriously gonna hunt his a$$ and whoop it...it was a mistake...why is everyone blowing this out of proportion...hes a great dude...this is gettin way outta hand...its not cocaine dumba$$ stern

chains5000
08-07-2009, 05:22 AM
GTFOH....stern needs to get wacked....i am seriously gonna hunt his a$$ and whoop it...it was a mistake...why is everyone blowing this out of proportion...hes a great dude...this is gettin way outta hand...its not cocaine dumba$$ stern
A mistake?:roll: