PDA

View Full Version : Cavs sign Leon Powe

insidehoops
08-11-2009, 01:16 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4690

On Wednesday the signing became official. Cleveland Cavaliers add former Celtics power forward Leon Powe

magnax1
08-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Nice pickup. He was really nice in the 08 playoffs. If he plays similar to before the injury, he could be a nice bench player. I really like the moves the Cavs have made.

NY Comeback
08-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Huge steal, if he comes back healthy next season. Just has a knack for getting boards around the basket.

ProfessorMurder
08-11-2009, 01:24 AM
GOD DAMNIT! This really pisses me off!

I really don't want Powe to leave, especially to another contender. I knew it'd happen, but I don't want it to. Powe is an awesome guy, and could be really good if he avoids more injuries.

He was insane when KG first went down this spring. Also, he was the C's priority to bring back before he went down and Baby came through in the playoffs.

cavsfanatic
08-11-2009, 01:25 AM
They say he gone be ready by the allstar break. Our team is stacked if he healthy

Kingwillball
08-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Good pickup by Cavs if he can come back and be close to the player he was for the second half of the season and especially the postseason. If he is the Powe of old might just give the Cavs enough to win it all. Shaq,AV,Z and Powe as the main Bigs along with the occasionaly LBJ to let Moon or Parker get more minutes gives the Cavs a deep and diversified lineup. So the Cavs added Shaq,Parker,Moon,Powe and lost Pavs and Big Ben and probably Wally and Smith who barely played in Orlando Series anyway. From where I stand a 66 win team looks even better and deeper. They add 4 players assuming Powe comes back this year that are all better players to the 4 rotation players lost.

DonDadda59
08-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Great pickup for the Cavs IF a) this unconfirmed report is true b) Powe comes back in optimal playing condition around winter time, ready for a playoff push.

Mikaiel
08-11-2009, 01:30 AM
A 2-year deal ? Team option for the 2nd year ? Minimum salary ? How the hell did Ferry do that ? :bowdown:

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Great Acquisition by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Agent_Zero
08-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Steal of a pickup for the Cavs. Powe's a great player.

This past offseason, they got Parker, Moon, Shaq and now Powe...pretty solid.

Mikaiel
08-11-2009, 01:40 AM
you know what they say, right?

"if something seems too good to be true..."

--2 week avvy bet says it doesnt happen--

Brian Windhorst is a reliable source ...

But first, the Cavs doctors will have to check out Powe's knee. If they see nothing wrong with it, he's a Cav.

qrich
08-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Isn't Powe a RFA?

Mikaiel
08-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Isn't Powe a RFA?

The Celtics declined to make him a qualifying offer because of his knee.

cavsfanatic
08-11-2009, 01:49 AM
A 2-year deal ? Team option for the 2nd year ? Minimum salary ? How the hell did Ferry do that ? :bowdown:
Yup ferry a god. I think powe got upset at big baby signing and said get ferry on the phone and get my ticket to cleveland

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Leon Powe will likely play more than 24 minutes per game if he's healthy.

Love to see Powe destroy the "Matador Defender" Rashoids Lewis.

Da Ballahollic
08-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Great pick up..

:rockon:

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 02:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWy1gcJ9d_0

:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

Da Ballahollic
08-11-2009, 02:16 AM
When healthy..

Mo/Boobie (Mo will actually be running the 2nd unit)
West/Parker
Lebron/Moon/Green
AV/Powe/JJ/Jackson
Shaq/Z

Deep..

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 04:14 AM
Danny Ferry is doing his homework. I expect him to sign an Offensive Assistant Coach that will replace John Kuester.

http://www.nba.com/media/cavaliers/danny_ferry_225.gif

"It's Winning time"

RedBlackAttack
08-11-2009, 04:18 AM
Fantastic news and, if he comes back to be even close to the player he was before the injury, this is an absolutely giant steal for the Cavs. It also addresses the only thin spot on the roster.

So... Without losing a single starter or major contributor, Ferry has added Shaq, Parker, Moon, and Powe... Does this make the Cavs the biggest winner of the offseason? Obviously, the Lakers getting Artest for the MLE and re-signing Odom was huge, but they also lost a major contributor and starter. The Spurs made some excellent moves, too.

But, the Powe signing puts the Cavs in that discussion.

This team is going to be incredibly deep and incredibly versatile. You won't see the matchup problems and depth problems that doomed them against the Magic last year.

You also won't see the Lakers dominating them purely with their length and rebounding prowess.

Ferry deserves a medal for the things he has done the past two years. If he can re-sign LeBron, he will officially become a god in Cleveland... Something that I could have never imagined after we traded a prime Ron Harper for his sorry @ss.

D-Rose
08-11-2009, 04:24 AM
Fantastic news and, if he comes back to be even close to the player he was before the injury, this is an absolutely giant steal for the Cavs. It also addresses the only thin spot on the roster.

So... Without losing a single starter or major contributor, Ferry has added Shaq, Parker, Moon, and Powe... Does this make the Cavs the biggest winner of the offseason? Obviously, the Lakers getting Artest for the MLE and re-signing Odom was huge, but they also lost a major contributor and starter. The Spurs made some excellent moves, too.

But, the Powe signing puts the Cavs in that discussion.

This team is going to be incredibly deep and incredibly versatile. You won't see the matchup problems and depth problems that doomed them against the Magic last year.

You also won't see the Lakers dominating them purely with their length and rebounding prowess.

Ferry deserves a medal for the things he has done the past two years. If he can re-sign LeBron, he will officially become a god in Cleveland... Something that I could have never imagined after we traded a prime Ron Harper for his sorry @ss.
A bench player that averages 8/5 is an "absolutely giant steal"?

Losing a 'major' contributor but replacing him with an even better one doesn't involve any "buts". Kinda like, "Oh look booho we lost Nene but hey we just signed Dwight Howard!!!"

Mikaiel
08-11-2009, 04:30 AM

If the reports are true, he'll sign a 2-year deal, at the minimum salary. If he can get back to the player he was before the injury, it'll be a huge steal.

And even if he can't do that, the 2nd year of his contract is a team-option. I don't know how Ferry did it, he's a genius. I thought Powe would have demanded a player option, just in case he can't come back. But if he does, we'll have a solid bench player for basically nothing.

And a healthy Powe would be a great fit with the Cavs. He's really good at taking the charge, so you know Mike Brown will love him.

How is that not a steal ?

RedBlackAttack
08-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Yep... When you consider what the Cavs had left under the cap to offer and the fact that the 4 was the only position that lacked depth... Also, when you consider that the reports are that the second year is a team option.

Yep... It is a steal, if the parameters that I mentioned are reached by Leon.

I'm not going to cause you grief by re-addressing the Lakers' replacement of Ariza for Artest, because it seems that I caused quite a stir by insinuating that it may not have been the right thing to do.

But, that wasn't the point of my mentioning the Lakers in my post. I mentioned them as having -- possibly -- the best offseason in the entire L. It was a compliment more than anything. Why are you so defensive about everything?

Fact: The Cavs have added four possible important pieces without losing a single major contributor from last season.

Fact: The Lakers added a very talented player, but also lost a major contributor (a starter, in fact).

You don't see the difference? Shaq is a major upgrade over Z, but we didn't even lose Z. He is now the backup center.

D-Rose
08-11-2009, 04:34 AM
If the reports are true, he'll sign a 2-year deal, at the minimum salary. If he can get back to the player he was before the injury, it'll be a huge steal.

And even if he can't do that, the 2nd year of his contract is a team-option. I don't know how Ferry did it, he's a genius. I thought Powe would have demanded a player option, just in case he can't come back. But if he does, we'll have a solid bench player for basically nothing.

And a healthy Powe would be a great fit with the Cavs. He's really good at taking the charge, so you know Mike Brown will love him.

How is that not a steal ?

LOL and people say Lakers fans exagerrate Bynum's po.

Listen kid, Powe is a fine young player but he's clearly nothing special and calling him a "steal" especially when he just blew out his knee (again right?) is just showing you don't know what you're saying.

Gasol to LA - steal
Pippen to Bulls - steal
Mo Williams to Cavs - steal
Dirk to Mavs - steal
Roy and Aldridge to Portland - steal

Powe to Cleveland - :oldlol:

Mikaiel
08-11-2009, 04:36 AM

Listen kid, Powe is a fine young player but he's clearly nothing special and calling him a "steal" especially when he just blew out his knee (again right?) is just showing you don't know what you're saying.

Gasol to LA - steal
Pippen to Bulls - steal
Dirk to Mavs - steal

1. Don't call me kid.

2. You gotta be an All-Star to qualify as a steal ? Since when ? We're not saying it's the steal of the century ...

3. How am I exagerrating his potential ? He's a solid bench player, nothing more.

RedBlackAttack
08-11-2009, 04:37 AM

Gasol to LA - steal
Pippen to Bulls - steal
Dirk to Mavs - steal

So... You don't take contracts into account when evaluating what is a steal and what isn't? I wasn't necessarily even referring to Powe's potential as a player as being a steal. It is about what he can potentially offer the team for what he signed for and how the Cavs decide how long his contract lasts.

D-Rose
08-11-2009, 04:42 AM
Yep... When you consider what the Cavs had left under the cap to offer and the fact that the 4 was the only position that lacked depth... Also, when you consider that the reports are that the second year is a team option.

Yep... It is a steal, if the parameters that I mentioned are reached by Leon.

I'm not going to cause you grief by re-addressing the Lakers' replacement of Ariza for Artest, because it seems that I caused quite a stir by insinuating that it may not have been the right thing to do.

But, that wasn't the point of my mentioning the Lakers in my post. I mentioned them as having -- possibly -- the best offseason in the entire L. It was a compliment more than anything. Why are you so defensive about everything?

Fact: The Cavs have added four possible important pieces without losing a single major contributor from last season.

Fact: The Lakers added a very talented player, but also lost a major contributor (a starter, in fact).

You don't see the difference? Shaq is a major upgrade over Z, but we didn't even lose Z. He is now the backup center.
Anthony Parker is just a good shooter, he's the defintion of average. Moon is a good dunker, sucks on defense.

Shaq is 38, no PHX medical staff either, you're getting late Miami Shaq.

Powe won't even be ready for half the season and then the other half he'll have to get his rhythm back and get into shape. Won't be much of anything in playoffs. Following year no one knows if your lover boy is coming back either.

Pavlovic/Wallace combined = Ariza last season.

P+W: 8 PPG 7 RPG
Ariza: 9 PPG 4 RPG

Oh and before you bring up that Ariza's defense was this and that, Artest is a much better overall defender, yes even now kid.

Lakers best 5: Kobe, Pau, Ron, Odom, Bynum

Cavs best 5: LBJ, Shaq, Mo, West, Z

Garbage city did all that and LA is still better on paper and still more versatile and talented and battle tested. :oldlol:

Oh and we don't have to go through Boston or Orlando (more stacked than Cleveland)

YAWN
08-11-2009, 04:47 AM

i wouldn't say they lost a major contributor... they replaced the major contributor (ariza) with a superior player (artest).

RedBlackAttack
08-11-2009, 04:47 AM
Anthony Parker is just a good shooter, he's the defintion of average. Moon is a good dunker, sucks on defense.

Powe won't even be ready for half the season and then the other half he'll have to get his rhythm back and get into shape. Won't be much of anything in playoffs. Following year no one knows if your lover boy is coming back either.

Oh and before you bring up that Ariza's defense was this and that, Artest is a much better overall defender, yes even now kid.

Garbage city did all that and LA is still better on paper and still more versatile and talented and battle tested. :oldlol:

Oh and we don't have to go through Boston or Orlando (more stacked than Cleveland)
Wow... I guess winning a title has made you a giant d0uche of a fan. You are really calling me 'kid'? My 'lover boy'?

I'm not sure what your problem is or why you feel the need to denigrate me or the Cavs' moves this offseason (clearly an upgraded team), but I will now cease responding to you and/or discussing basketball with you.

Have fun cheering on the Lakers this year. They are -- without a doubt -- the favorite to win another title and defend their championship. Good luck with that.

See ya.

RedBlackAttack
08-11-2009, 04:48 AM
i wouldn't say they lost a major contributor... they replaced the major contributor (ariza) with a superior player (artest).
Got it... Which is why I mentioned them along with the Spurs as having the best offseason in the league. :hammerhead:

D-Rose
08-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Wow... I guess winning a title has made you a giant d0uche of a fan. You are really calling me 'kid'? My 'lover boy'?

I'm not sure what your problem is or why you feel the need to denigrate me or the Cavs moves this offseason (clearly an upgraded team), but I will now cease responding to you and/or discussing basketball with you.

Have fun cheering on the Lakers this year. They are -- without a doubt -- the favorite to win another title and defend their championship. Good luck with that.

See ya.
Lol I love Cleveland fans, my friend is one too, all you gotta do is take a jab at their city a bit and they can't say **** back cause they never won jack **** :oldlol:

It's all gd tho, im juss fckin with ya

YAWN
08-11-2009, 04:50 AM
Got it... Which is why I mentioned them along with the Spurs as having the best offseason in the league. :hammerhead:

you mentioned it as if to say they got worse.. the whole way you used the "fact" thing insinuated that. whether or not it was done purposely, i dont know. but it was a very misleading statement.

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 04:52 AM

What are you talking about?

Shaq has his own medical trainer.

At the age of 37-38 yrs.old the Diesel is still an elite Center in the NBA.

Anthony Parker averaged 11 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 3.4 apg in the 2008-09 NBA Season.

Leon Powe is only 25 yrs.old. I think he can recover from his Injury.

Jamario Moon is a solid role player, and a very good Free Throw Shooter.

Love to see LeBron throw some crazy Alley Oop pass to Super Jamario.

Danny Green won an NCAA Championship with the North Carolina Tarheels, and he's also a very good 3 points shooter, decent defender.

Green >>>> Pavlovic.

RedBlackAttack
08-11-2009, 04:56 AM
you mentioned it as if to say they got worse.. the whole way you used the "fact" thing insinuated that. whether or not it was done purposely, i dont know. but it was a very misleading statement.
I said that the Cavs were in the conversation as having the best offseason because of acquisitions that were made to clearly improve the roster without losing anyone significant.

I mentioned the Spurs and Lakers, because I think those are the other teams that have had an excellent offseason. I contrasted the Cavs' offseason with those two by saying that, even though we didn't get the big names that the Lakers or Spurs have, the FO was able to make significant improvements to the roster without losing anyone of any major importance.

It was not a shot at the Lakers' moves or what they have done this offseason. I simply used them as an example of another team that has had an excellent offseason and noted the differences between the teams' respective moves.

The Lakers are the undeniable favorites to win the title. I'm not sure why their fans are being so touchy.

YAWN
08-11-2009, 04:57 AM
The Lakers are the undeniable favorites to win the title. I'm not sure why their fans are being so touchy.

i didnt see any lakers fans in this thread being touchy? :confusedshrug:

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 04:58 AM
Acquiring Shaquille O'Neal is already a Steal for the Cavaliers. And his contract also expires next year.

Current Shaq (18 ppg on 60 FG%, 8 rpg)>>>>>> Past his Prime Ben Wallace

Shaq, Parker, Powe, Green and Moon are already an upgrade to the Cavaliers Roster last year.

RedBlackAttack
08-11-2009, 05:01 AM
i didnt see any lakers fans in this thread being touchy? :confusedshrug:
Being called a 'kid' and being mocked for liking this move simply because I casually brought up the Lakers in the conversation (in a positive light, no less) is what I would consider 'touchy.'

I wasn't necessarily talking about you, in particular, although I do think you read too much into my post than what was intended.

Mikaiel
08-11-2009, 05:03 AM
the FO was able to make significant improvements to the roster without losing anyone of any major importance.

Well, John Kuester is in Detroit now. That was out of our control but we did lose him and it will hurt us.

RedBlackAttack
08-11-2009, 05:05 AM
Well, John Kuester is in Detroit now. That was out of our control but we did lose him and it will hurt us.
True. I was talking strictly about player personnel, though.

Kuester will be difficult to replace... No doubt.

PleezeBelieve
08-11-2009, 05:49 AM
Cavs > Lakers

Period.

:cry: all you want but Cleeveland still had a better record than them last year without all these moves. Expect the same to happen this year. In the playoffs it will be tough, but I'm willing to put my bank on them coming out the East.

And oh yeah, :oldlol: @ Laker Fan in this thread.

sixer6ad
08-11-2009, 06:18 AM

Losing a 'major' contributor but replacing him with an even better one doesn't involve any "buts". Kinda like, "Oh look booho we lost Nene but hey we just signed Dwight Howard!!!"

Not looking at the stats but looking at getting this player at this point is a steal.
Getting Leon Powe as your 4th solid acquisition in the summer is a steal.
Getting Leon Powe to fill really your only need on the team for the league minimum is a steal.
Adding Leon Powe to this roster is a steal.

Sounds like a steal. Welcome to Cleveland, Leon.

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 06:26 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/delonte_powe_sis300400.jpg

oh the horror
08-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Not looking at the stats but looking at getting this player at this point is a steal.
Getting Leon Powe as your 4th solid acquisition in the summer is a steal.
Getting Leon Powe to fill really your only need on the team for the league minimum is a steal.
Adding Leon Powe to this roster is a steal.

If he comes back playing the way he was before? Absolutely. Dude adds toughness and even more depth to that roster. Cleveland is going to be a fun team to watch as well....You almost hate them for how much success that they're going to have.

TruthKGRay3412
08-11-2009, 06:44 AM
There is a reason the Celtics didn't make him a qualifying offer and just let him go..he has serious reoccurring knee problems since his Cal days.He also fell outta Doc's rotation when healthy during a stretch of the season because he was late on defensive rotations and looked lost at times..great rebounder for his size and can finish when fouled very nicely around the rim,but the Cavs fans will come to know sooner or later that he is a awesome person off the court..one of the nicest people to come through the Celtics locker room in years if healthy I like him as a bench player especially at the vets minimum.

Mikaiel
08-11-2009, 06:48 AM
He also fell outta Doc's rotation when healthy during a stretch of the season because he was late on defensive rotations

You sure about that ? Every time I watched him he was always drawing charges like it was nothing :confusedshrug:

TruthKGRay3412
08-11-2009, 06:52 AM
You sure about that ? Every time I watched him he was always drawing charges like it was nothing :confusedshrug:

He great at drawing charges when he isn't late on his defensive rotations.If he stays consistent on the defensive end,he is an ever better pick up.

1~Gibson~1
08-11-2009, 06:53 AM
A 2-year deal ? Team option for the 2nd year ? Minimum salary ? How the hell did Ferry do that ? :bowdown:that's what im saying. Leon Powe + league minimum + team option on 2nd year = steal :applause: Good job Ferry

Love to see Powe destroy the "Matador Defender" Rashoids Lewis.:lol

Losing a 'major' contributor but replacing him with an even better one doesn't involve any "buts". Kinda like, "Oh look booho we lost Nene but hey we just signed Dwight Howard!!!"you must've not seen him in the NBA Finals vs. the Lakers a couple of years back :ohwell: He clearly showed us that he can step up when the bright lights are on. Now, i realize that he has a bad knee, and he'll be out until Jan-Feb, but to get a guy like that for the league minimum, that's clearly a steal.

and FYI you dont have to be a star in order to be a steal.

Cavs > Lakers

Period.

:cry: all you want but Cleeveland still had a better record than them last year without all these moves. Expect the same to happen this year. In the playoffs it will be tough, but I'm willing to put my bank on them coming out the East.

And oh yeah, :oldlol: @ Laker Fan in this thread.:lol

Leon Powe steps up :rockon: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWy1gcJ9d_0)

oh the horror
08-11-2009, 07:02 AM

Thank god you arent a gambler...you'd be broke, homeless, and eating garbage out of a trash can by now dude. Stop "banking" on things.

Pharcyde
08-11-2009, 07:54 AM
D-rose never fails to come in a thread and try and downgrade other teams/players.

pete's montreux
08-11-2009, 08:02 AM
I love all the Laker fans scared sh*tless coming in this thread trying to downplay this signing.

Powe, when given starter minutes has always been an incredible contributor. He's the proto-typical garbage guy. Give him 20 minutes, he'll score/rebound accordingly, give him 40 minutes, he'll do the same.

Powe is averaging [ppg/rpg] in 36 minutes the past three seasons:

06-07: 13.2/10.7
07-08: 19.7/10.1
08-09: 15.8/10.1

Leon Powe is plenty capable of averaging 20/10. Laker fans obviously forgot how bad he f*cked you in the a*s in the Finals. What makes him any different now?*

*= granted he comes back 100%

I'm actually scared now. Powe is capable of coming back to Boston and sh*tting on us.

Meticode
08-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Laker fans obviously forgot how bad he f*cked you in the a*s in the Finals.

:roll: That gave me a chuckle.

JohnnySic
08-11-2009, 09:01 AM
It sucks that the Celtics couldn't keep this guy, but that was the circumstance.

Leon Powe is very talented; a bit more tha just a garbage man. With starter's minutes he could approach 20/10.

The Joker
08-11-2009, 09:06 AM
If he can come back healthy that's a HUGE ace for the Cavs :applause:

niko
08-11-2009, 09:16 AM
It sucks that the Celtics couldn't keep this guy, but that was the circumstance.

Leon Powe is very talented; a bit more tha just a garbage man. With starter's minutes he could approach 20/10.

:no: Um, no. And everyone knows he is still a long way from coming back, right?

All Net
08-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I do like this signing for the Cavs. Powe is a good bench player and if healthly can produce good things. Big If though.

Grinder
08-11-2009, 11:01 AM

Love to see Powe destroy the "Matador Defender" Rashoids Lewis.

Rasholds Lewis :roll:

The Cavs still have no one to guard Shard unless they put Lebron on him.

beasted86
08-11-2009, 11:17 AM
3 major surgeries on the same left knee within the span of 3 yrs including microfracture :confusedshrug:

if he's healthy he'll do good, if not... you'll see the reason why other teams passed

crisoner
08-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Good sign by the Cavs pending Powe is healthy.

But here we go again with PB now saying that the Cavs are better then the Lakers? LOL WTF?

You guys still have LeBron...and that's about it. Good luck getting out of the East is all I have to say.

Clifton
08-11-2009, 11:48 AM
I guess this means Lebron is a 3 for life. I really think the Cavs are better off with him at the 4.

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-11-2009, 12:15 PM
:banghead::banghead: :banghead:

AK 3K
08-11-2009, 12:27 PM
He can do the same stuff as Varejao basically.

pete's montreux
08-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Andy could never average 20/10. Powe has an incredible post game, and can anchor an offense.

beasted86
08-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Andy could never average 20/10. Powe has an incredible post game, and can anchor an offense.
:rolleyes: Sometimes when I read posts I wonder if people say comments like this in jest or just for a reaction... because I can't seriously believe a fan can think Powe could average 20/10 for an entire season.

I don't think people realize how few players can actually do this consistently over an entire season or even get near thos stats.

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 01:31 PM

Powe is a better offensive player than Anderson Varejao. He's the type of player that the Cavs needs in the playoffs.

He's the "Softie Busters".

Clifton
08-11-2009, 01:38 PM
In other news, good luck not fouling out against the Cavs. Between Lebron, Shaq and now Powe starting frontcourt players' minutes are going to see a sharp drop.

Kingwillball
08-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Anyone saying Cavs are not a BETTER team than last year is dilusional. Stealing Powe at this point is a shrewd move by Ferry. That is of course if he can come back and contribute.He helps there weakest position and would fill out the rotation for the Playoffs.

pete's montreux
08-11-2009, 01:45 PM
:rolleyes: Sometimes when I read posts I wonder if people say comments like this in jest or just for a reaction... because I can't seriously believe a fan can think Powe could average 20/10 for an entire season.

I don't think people realize how few players can actually do this consistently over an entire season or even get near thos stats.
I agree with what you said, 20/10 is more rounded off. He could average 20/10, but most likely 18/9, or 17/9.

cavsfanatic
08-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Lakers fans don't know him leon powe...they know him as leon pow after he destroyed them in the finals that's what phil called him ha ha.

Oh yea boston wanted to sign him back but they wanted to wait till he was healthy so the cavs swooped in. Powe's 1st choice was the cavs then the magic and lakers. I gurantee if la signed him lakers fans would be estatic.

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Leon "The Punisher" Powe.

http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af89/kobeowen128/powecavs-1.jpg

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Lakers fans don't know him leon powe...they know him as leon pow after he destroyed them in the finals that's what phil called him ha ha.

Oh yea boston wanted to sign him back but they wanted to wait till he was healthy so the cavs swooped in. Powe's 1st choice was the cavs then the magic and lakers. I gurantee if la signed him lakers fans would be estatic.

Last year every Lakers fans hated Ron Artest in the playoffs. After Artest signed a contract with the Los Angeles Lakers they are saying that Ron is going to win his 2nd NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award.

Even though Powe was one of the Celtics players that killed the Cavs in the 2008 NBA playoffs.

I still respect his game because Powe is a great role player for his team.

He has a good attitude, and he's going to bring some toughness to the Cavaliers Frontcourt.

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-11-2009, 02:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVqNLwfDtfE

Fallguy20
08-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Good pickup.

Even if he doesnt come back healthy its not like all hopes rest on him since the Cavs snagged him for peanuts... hes just another solid addition that may or may not work out but just happens to be what they need.

...which is basically the same thing every non-laker fan in this thread has said so far.

:ohwell:

Lebron23
08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVqNLwfDtfE

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

cavsfanatic
08-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Last year every Lakers fans hated Ron Artest in the playoffs. After Artest signed a contract with the Los Angeles Lakers they are saying that Ron is going to win his 2nd NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award.

Even though Powe was one of the Celtics players that killed the Cavs in the 2008 NBA playoffs.

I still respect his game because Powe is a great role player for his team.

He has a good attitude, and he's going to bring some toughness to the Cavaliers Frontcourt.
Yup I remember. He couldn't make a shot vs the lakers and they were saying how trash he was and he sucked.

I remember when powe dunked on delonte 1st game of last season I was like man we need somebody like that. He's gonna make bout 895k and that's not a steal if he healthy? Hell even if he not healthy we paid lorenzen wright to sit on the bench and never play....

I can't wait till the season start. I heard if he does sign he won't play till feb and cavs don't even care. We jus want him ready for playoffs. I love ferry

niko
08-11-2009, 02:52 PM
He's hurt. What everyone is missing (besides some of you who are calling him this 20/10 starter caliber player for some reason that i can't fathom) is the IF he comes back healthy. It's a great gamble, but the way some of you talk, it's not a gamble at all, it's as if it's a sure thing he'll contribute. It's a great gamble, if he's healthy he's a great addition TO THE BENCH, if not, it's nothing money wise and they aren't counting on him. Great signing, but some of you need a serious reality check.

beasted86
08-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I agree with what you said, 20/10 is more rounded off. He could average 20/10, but most likely 18/9, or 17/9.
No... I don't think you get what I was saying.

I don't even think he can come close to averaging close to 20. Not even 17. Powe is really limited offensively. Yes, he's better than Varejao... but not a whole lot better.

@ best: 15/10.

And that's assuming he hasn't lost a step athletically & can still explode to the basket.

Da Ballahollic
08-11-2009, 03:27 PM

LeBron or Moon..

pete's montreux
08-11-2009, 03:39 PM
No... I don't think you get what I was saying.

I don't even think he can come close to averaging close to 20. Not even 17. Powe is really limited offensively. Yes, he's better than Varejao... but not a whole lot better.

@ best: 15/10.

And that's assuming he hasn't lost a step athletically & can still explode to the basket.

Limited offensively? Uh, ok? :rolleyes: And you're basing this off what, the handful of Boston games you've seen?

His per 36 stats:

He played two games of 40+ minutes back to back last season, got 23/13 and 30/11.

Why do you make baseless opinions? Anyone who watches him knows that his strongest attribute is his post game.

Limited offensively. :roll:

beasted86
08-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Limited offensively? Uh, ok? :rolleyes: And you're basing this off what, the handful of Boston games you've seen?

His per 36 stats:

He played two games of 40+ minutes back to back last season, got 23/13 and 30/11.

Why do you make baseless opinions? Anyone who watches him knows that his strongest attribute is his post game.

Limited offensively. :roll:

:rolleyes: Yes.... limited offensively. He basically has one go-to move.... face up, and attack the basket off the dribble. He drives right around bigger, slower PFs... but has no jumper & doesn't have a strong back to the basket post up, no hook, no fadaway, no step back, etc... just face up & attack, & cleanup points. Also ever take into consideration he's doing that against bench players, and has allstars/borderline allstars all around him to take tons of pressure off? Also... I'm betting 100% chance you didn't bother to glance at his personal fouls per 36 minutes :rolleyes:

Really funny how a guy looks like he's coming to the Cavs, and fans suddenly call him this slept on borderline allstar. Suddenly Moon because this athletic slashing defensive lockdown guy, and Leon Powe can average 20/10 :banghead:.

pete's montreux
08-11-2009, 04:20 PM
:rolleyes: Yes.... limited offensively. He basically has one go-to move.... face up, and attack the basket off the dribble. He drives right around bigger, slower PFs... but has no jumper & doesn't have a strong back to the basket post up, no hook, no fadaway, no step back, etc... just face up & attack, & cleanup points. Also ever take into consideration he's doing that against bench players, and has allstars/borderline allstars all around him to take tons of pressure off? Also... I'm betting 100% chance you didn't bother to glance at his personal fouls per 36 minutes :rolleyes:

Really funny how a guy looks like he's coming to the Cavs, and fans suddenly call him this slept on borderline allstar. Suddenly Moon because this athletic slashing defensive lockdown guy, and Leon Powe can average 20/10 :banghead:.
Like I said, you're basing it off a handful of games, while some of us have real opinions because we've watched him play since he was drafted, as crazy as that sounds.

I thought he was scoring against bench players, so how did he score 30 and 23 against starters respectively? He's surrounded by all-stars/borderline all stars, so that must mean he's never scored a single basket without them there, next to his widdle side! :rolleyes: He's completely incapable of scoring in the NBA without being surrounded by All-stars. . . ok, gotcha! So how did he average 20/10 in college after suffering a major knee injury? I'll give you one guess. . . his post game.

Numbers don't lie, but I guess we'll never know, right? And who's opinion is everyone gonna believe, yours [who probably watched Powe play less than five times in his life] or the guy who's watched every game of his career?

beasted86
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Like I said, you're basing it off a handful of games, while some of us have real opinions because we've watched him play since he was drafted, as crazy as that sounds.

I thought he was scoring against bench players, so how did he score 30 and 23 against starters respectively? He's surrounded by all-stars/borderline all stars, so that must mean he's never scored a single basket without them there, next to his widdle side! :rolleyes: He's completely incapable of scoring in the NBA without being surrounded by All-stars. . . ok, gotcha! So how did he average 20/10 in college after suffering a major knee injury? I'll give you one guess. . . his post game.

Numbers don't lie, but I guess we'll never know, right? And who's opinion is everyone gonna believe, yours [who probably watched Powe play less than five times in his life] or the guy who's watched every game of his career?

Show me one play... from one youtube highlight that disputes how I said he gets his scoring, and I'll believe you... just 1... I don't even need more than that. You keep talking about these "post moves"... when I keep saying he only has basically one post move... face up & attack, and he's not exactly astounding at doing so either.

This is probably as close as it gets to describing a Leon Powe "post move": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9wWAkVOTi8

And I have a hard time believing he'll do that to any starters consistently not named Al Harrington.

The majority of his points come off cleanup, running the floor, teammates feeding him the ball within a few feet of that basket, and.... the 1 isolation post move he does have where he attacks the basket off the dribble which is predicated on being defended by a slower PF or a plain bad defender, because any smart defender should ultimately give him that 15+ footer all day. By "post moves" it sounds like your insinuating he has some vast array of footwork or shot selection which would allow him to consistently averaged near 20 PPG as a starter on various different types of defenders... which he plain doesn't & is nowhere close to. And are you seriously going to use him scoring 20/10 in college, and 2 regular season starts as an example of what he can do consistently in the NBA? C'mon even you should know better than that.

cavsfanatic
08-11-2009, 05:36 PM
He's hurt. What everyone is missing (besides some of you who are calling him this 20/10 starter caliber player for some reason that i can't fathom) is the IF he comes back healthy. It's a great gamble, but the way some of you talk, it's not a gamble at all, it's as if it's a sure thing he'll contribute. It's a great gamble, if he's healthy he's a great addition TO THE BENCH, if not, it's nothing money wise and they aren't counting on him. Great signing, but some of you need a serious reality check.
to us its not a huge gamble considering he'd be makin 895k and the team holding the option to the 2nd year. if he doesnt play at all it's not worse than sasha 4.5 mil,wally 13 mil and lorenzen wright 1.5 mil all sitting there....yea wally played some but it was a ton of games he didnt play at all...sasha didnt play that much at all and lorenzen played in like 5 games???? so having powe jus sit there making 895k not big to cavs fans...

oh yea i dont think he can average 20-10 completely healthy idk where that comes from but i see him being a solid player for us....he killed us and the lakers and thats no easy task

1~Gibson~1
08-11-2009, 05:40 PM

and that's exactly what we're going to do. we didnt just sign Moon to play garbage minutes behind LeBron :hammerhead:

1~Gibson~1
08-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Its funny because certain fans of other teams become delusional when they see the Cavs obviously getting better.

- We still have the BAE
- We got a guy that destroyed our biggest competition a few years back
- We only got him for the MINIMUM
- If he doesnt turn out how we want it to, we'll just decline his 2nd year :confusedshrug:

The only bad is that we dont know how good his knee is gonna be, but that doesnt mean that Cleveland has taken a huge mistake like most of certain fans of rival teams are saying :no:

Powe for the minimum is a great addition + we have a team option on the 2nd year. That's all i got to say about that though, and even though they'll see it and they know it, the trolls will just deny the truth :ohwell:

LA_Showtime
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Its funny because certain fans of other teams become delusional when they see the Cavs obviously getting better.

- We still have the BAE
- If he doesnt turn out how we want it to, we'll just decline his 2nd year :confusedshrug:

The only bad is that we dont know how good his knee is gonna be, but that doesnt mean that Cleveland has taken a huge mistake like most of certain fans of rival teams are saying :no:

Powe for the minimum is a great addition + we have a team option on the 2nd year. That's all i got to say about that though, and even though they'll see it and they know it, the trolls will just deny the truth :ohwell:

I hate Leon Powe. I still have memories of Powe morphing into a combination of Karl Malone and Tim Duncan in the Finals... Bahhhhh

beasted86
08-11-2009, 05:47 PM

- We still have the BAE

Yea, it's a smart gamble... just like when the Heat signed Shaun Livingston to that non-guaranteed 1yr deal last season. Low risk, high reward.

But at the same time, plenty of people become delusional about a player's upside.

Melissa
08-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Didn't he have ACL surgery and microfracture? Even so, the minimum is a pretty damn good deal even if he misses the whole year and the Cavs are looking at the 2010-11 season.

1~Gibson~1
08-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Yea, it's a smart gamble... just like when the Heat signed Shaun Livingston to that non-guaranteed 1yr deal last season. Low risk, high reward.

But at the same time, plenty of people become delusional about a player's upside.
yea i agree. i dont think he'll be how Lebron23/PB expects him to be but i think he'll be a solid bench player and contribute well if he fully recovers, or at 85% at least. And no matter how you look at it he's definitely an upgrade over JJ and Darnell :ohwell:

pete's montreux
08-11-2009, 06:00 PM
jump hook (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2FO9c5U5F4)
... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE1_IhZ9r0)
.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzaANipsrSo)

hook and a fadeaway jumper in this one too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrYuj3vDBD4)

But I'm sure you'll still find something to say.

Meticode
08-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I hate Leon Powe. I still have memories of Powe morphing into a combination of Karl Malone and Tim Duncan in the Finals... Bahhhhh

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/powerrangers/images/thumb/5/56/Mighty_Morphin_Logo.png/200px-Mighty_Morphin_Logo.png

beasted86
08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
jump hook (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2FO9c5U5F4)
... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE1_IhZ9r0)
.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzaANipsrSo)

hook and a fadeaway jumper in this one too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrYuj3vDBD4)

But I'm sure you'll still find something to say.

Seriously... no, really... seriously...

Vid 1: :confusedshrug:
Vid 2: same recipe I said above (run floor + cleanup + catch & score)
Vid 3: not working
Vid 4: Okay, since I said to find one video clip, I guess I'll have to agree with you. Congratulations, you win... you found 1 play. But seriously, how often can he create that fadeway jumper & hit it consistently? As for the rest of the plays in the video, ALL other plays follow the recipe.

I still think he's limited offensively. I really don't see him averaging over 15ppg as a starter when healthy on any teams unless he's the #2 option.

LA_Showtime
08-11-2009, 06:41 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/powerrangers/images/thumb/5/56/Mighty_Morphin_Logo.png/200px-Mighty_Morphin_Logo.png

:oldlol: :oldlol: I Knew I shouldn't have said morphing.

Undisputed
08-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Picking up Powe will be another nice move by the Cavs. He's not going to put up anything special as far as numbers go, but he's not a player that shows his true worth in numbers. This season is going to be epic. So many teams have gotten better.

D-Rose
08-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Pete Montreaux, Per 36 min stats don't mean ANYTHING

Vujacic in 07-08 had per 36 of 17.8 PPG.

That system implies that if you take more shots your FG% stays the same, which in reality is incorrect because as you shoot more, you tend to miss more.

lilgodfather1
08-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I just love this acquisition. My goodness our rotation is severely revamped from last season. ?Just comparing depth charts is crazy from last year to this year.

Last year (based on role not on scoring)
1 - Bron
2 - Mo
3 - Z
4 - West
5 - AV
6 - Ben
7 - Wally
8 - Boobie

This year
1 - Bron
2 - Shaq/Mo
3 - Mo/Shaq
4 - West
5 - Z
6 - AV
7 - Parker
8 - Moon
9 - Powe
10 - Boobie

We could literally limit our players to less than 36 minutes per game including Bron.

Mo(30)/West(12)/Boobie(6)
West(18)/Parker(18)/Boobie(12)
LeBron(28)/Moon(14)/Parker(5)
AV(26)/Powe(12)/LBJ(8)/Moon(2)
Shaq(26)/Z(20)/AV(2)

That is an exceptional rotation. Deepest in the league IMO. One note, JJ would take Powes minutes in the start of the season, either that or Bron/Moon. Our depth at every position IMO can't be matched. Honestly without an injury to Bron any other starter can go down and we don't lose any significant amount of talent. For example if mo gets injured Delonte just shifts to the 1 and Parker starts with Moon playing more minutes. This roster has the ability to push the tempo as well as slow it down and play turtle ball with its combination of athletecism and defensive prowess.

People say Shaq just makes our team worse defensively, but I don't see that. We already had a slow C that couldn't defend laterally, but he also couldn't man up physical C's. And our d was still the best in the league. But now we gained a C that can't defend laterally but he ccan man up physical Cs like Howard one vs. 1. So IMO our D got better. Then you have the fact that our second unit is good enough to be a playoff team with Bron instead of Boobie at PG. Just crazy.

When people talk about offseason improvements they don't take into consideration age. To me their is two things.

Age, talent,

Age the Cavs got Parker who is older, Shaq who is old, but we got Powe (hopefully) and Moon who are much younger than the two players they replaced. Even Parker is comparable to Wally in age (I beleive they're the same), and Shaq is like 3 or 4 years older than Wallace, but is still a mucch more effective player. Joe Smith is like 10 years older than Powe, and Moon is older than Pavs, but is a much better player.

Talent this one is simple, we got Shaq who is a top 5 C, we got Moon who is one of the most underrated in the league, we got Parker who is one of the best shooters in the league, and is a very good role player, plus we got Powe who is very good at what he does (tough, rebound, post up).

What we lost though is nothing of importance really. We lost Wally who is easily replaced by what moon does, except Moon actually plays D. We lost pavs who is very easily replaced by what Parker does, but Parker will actually play. Then we lost Ben who is just a defensive presence that was on his last leg and played no offense whatso ever. IMO Ben should be replaced by LeBrons improved abilities. But we got Shaq to replace that what Ben did any ways, except Shaq can score and is a better FT shooter. Powe replaces Joe and plays better D.

One last point about age is that we got younger overall then last year, but we also got older. What I mean by that is replacing wally with Moon (34 with 29) and Joe (34 with 25) but our roster also got a year older as in our core guys. LeBrons improvement in itself with our roster last year possibly puts us ahead of the Magic last season. Mo, Boobie (hard to be worse), AV, LBJ, Delonte all improving will vastly improve us without the personel changes.

I'm excited to see what happens next season, a 66 win team just adressed its major weaknesses and the rest of the league should be scared.

cavsfanatic
08-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Ha ha @ the celtics tryin to sign powe after they heard the cavs were trying to get him. Power picked cavs over lakers,magic,mavs and heat. Ha ha he's the only smart one

branslowski
08-11-2009, 11:04 PM
I really hope the Cavs get to the Finals....Seriously...Because if they don't make it...Leon Powe, Shaq, Mo, West, Moon....Will be getting killed by the Powder Boys aka LeBron apologist...:ohwell:

Da Ballahollic
08-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Ha ha @ the celtics tryin to sign powe after they heard the cavs were trying to get him. Power picked cavs over lakers,magic,mavs and heat. Ha ha he's the only smart one
Where you hear that at..link

beasted86
08-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Made up in his head.

Celtics could have tendered him the same 800k deal, and he would have been a restricted free agent. The 800k didn't even have to be full guaranteed in the qualifying offer. They simply chose not to. They didn't want to make any commitment until he was healthy.

They even signed Shelden Williams to prove they were no longer interested in Powe.

Lebron23
08-12-2009, 02:10 AM
I just love this acquisition. My goodness our rotation is severely revamped from last season. ?Just comparing depth charts is crazy from last year to this year.

Last year (based on role not on scoring)
1 - Bron
2 - Mo
3 - Z
4 - West
5 - AV
6 - Ben
7 - Wally
8 - Boobie

This year
1 - Bron
2 - Shaq/Mo
3 - Mo/Shaq
4 - West
5 - Z
6 - AV
7 - Parker
8 - Moon
9 - Powe
10 - Boobie

We could literally limit our players to less than 36 minutes per game including Bron.

Mo(30)/West(12)/Boobie(6)
West(18)/Parker(18)/Boobie(12)
LeBron(28)/Moon(14)/Parker(5)
AV(26)/Powe(12)/LBJ(8)/Moon(2)
Shaq(26)/Z(20)/AV(2)

That is an exceptional rotation. Deepest in the league IMO. One note, JJ would take Powes minutes in the start of the season, either that or Bron/Moon. Our depth at every position IMO can't be matched. Honestly without an injury to Bron any other starter can go down and we don't lose any significant amount of talent. For example if mo gets injured Delonte just shifts to the 1 and Parker starts with Moon playing more minutes. This roster has the ability to push the tempo as well as slow it down and play turtle ball with its combination of athletecism and defensive prowess.

People say Shaq just makes our team worse defensively, but I don't see that. We already had a slow C that couldn't defend laterally, but he also couldn't man up physical C's. And our d was still the best in the league. But now we gained a C that can't defend laterally but he ccan man up physical Cs like Howard one vs. 1. So IMO our D got better. Then you have the fact that our second unit is good enough to be a playoff team with Bron instead of Boobie at PG. Just crazy.

When people talk about offseason improvements they don't take into consideration age. To me their is two things.

Age, talent,

Age the Cavs got Parker who is older, Shaq who is old, but we got Powe (hopefully) and Moon who are much younger than the two players they replaced. Even Parker is comparable to Wally in age (I beleive they're the same), and Shaq is like 3 or 4 years older than Wallace, but is still a mucch more effective player. Joe Smith is like 10 years older than Powe, and Moon is older than Pavs, but is a much better player.

Talent this one is simple, we got Shaq who is a top 5 C, we got Moon who is one of the most underrated in the league, we got Parker who is one of the best shooters in the league, and is a very good role player, plus we got Powe who is very good at what he does (tough, rebound, post up).

What we lost though is nothing of importance really. We lost Wally who is easily replaced by what moon does, except Moon actually plays D. We lost pavs who is very easily replaced by what Parker does, but Parker will actually play. Then we lost Ben who is just a defensive presence that was on his last leg and played no offense whatso ever. IMO Ben should be replaced by LeBrons improved abilities. But we got Shaq to replace that what Ben did any ways, except Shaq can score and is a better FT shooter. Powe replaces Joe and plays better D.

One last point about age is that we got younger overall then last year, but we also got older. What I mean by that is replacing wally with Moon (34 with 29) and Joe (34 with 25) but our roster also got a year older as in our core guys. LeBrons improvement in itself with our roster last year possibly puts us ahead of the Magic last season. Mo, Boobie (hard to be worse), AV, LBJ, Delonte all improving will vastly improve us without the personel changes.

I'm excited to see what happens next season, a 66 win team just adressed its major weaknesses and the rest of the league should be scared.

The Cavaliers now have one of the deepest team in the NBA. I'd take this current team over the Cavs team that won 66 games last year.

stephanieg
08-12-2009, 02:13 AM
That's awful. Cavs just got a really good role player. :ohwell: Maybe he'll have that lingering injury though.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
08-12-2009, 02:21 AM

Cavs fans are trying to be like LA fans, Overrate anyone that joins the team :oldlol:

cavsfanatic
08-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Made up in his head.

Celtics could have tendered him the same 800k deal, and he would have been a restricted free agent. The 800k didn't even have to be full guaranteed in the qualifying offer. They simply chose not to. They didn't want to make any commitment until he was healthy.

They even signed Shelden Williams to prove they were no longer interested in Powe.
RT @PDcavsinsider: Leon Powe signing should be official in morning. 2 years, $1.77 mil. Sources say Celtics tried to re-sign him after word got out about Cavs.

Idiot lol don't test me I ain't a fool running round here making stuff up

Lebron23
08-12-2009, 02:23 AM
That's awful. Cavs just got a really good role player. :ohwell: Maybe he'll have that lingering injury though.

The Cavaliers Main Goal next season is to win their first NBA title.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/46/2008_NBA_Playoffs_Symposium_in_Taiwan_the_Champion _Trophy.jpg/450px-2008_NBA_Playoffs_Symposium_in_Taiwan_the_Champion _Trophy.jpg

Shaq, Powe, Parker, Moon, and Green are the missing pieces.

Da Ballahollic
08-12-2009, 02:33 AM
RT @PDcavsinsider: Leon Powe signing should be official in morning. 2 years, $1.77 mil. Sources say Celtics tried to re-sign him after word got out about Cavs.

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

Yea I see it now..Windy is a legit source. lol if thats true.

Windy also said..

Cavs are not done, they still may sign another big man w/ Powe & JJ Hickson not 100%. Joe Smith and Rob Kurz still on list.
JJ's back still not 100% healthy..:rant

Bringing back Joe would be nice..If we get Kruz he would become something like Matt Bonner.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
08-12-2009, 02:34 AM
The Cavaliers Main Goal next season is to win their first NBA title.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/46/2008_NBA_Playoffs_Symposium_in_Taiwan_the_Champion _Trophy.jpg/450px-2008_NBA_Playoffs_Symposium_in_Taiwan_the_Champion _Trophy.jpg

Shaq, Powe, Parker, Moon, and Green are the missing pieces.

I'm telling you, don't get your hopes to high or you'll be in PB and BBlitz world when LA won. All these new players you guarantee will work out and be a 65+ winning team?

Lebron23
08-12-2009, 02:43 AM
I'm telling you, don't get your hopes to high or you'll be in PB and BBlitz world when LA won. All these new players you guarantee will work out and be a 65+ winning team?

I am going to be more happy if the Cavaliers beat the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

LeBron beating the Powerhouse Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals is a historical feat.

Agent_Zero
08-12-2009, 02:46 AM
sorry Lebron23 that's not going to happen...Lebron will not win his title in Cleveland.

cavsfanatic
08-12-2009, 02:49 AM

Yea I see it now..Windy is a legit source. lol if thats true.

Windy also said..

JJ's back still not 100% healthy..:rant

Bringing back Joe would be nice..If we get Kruz he would become something like Matt Bonner.
I follow this celtics blog on twitter and he retweets stuff and a lot of it was celts fans saying don't let him go to cle lol....too late biotches he's ours now.

Jj is disappointing. He didn't even play that much last year and he not 100%. Joe smitch wants 3 yrs ha ha so id take kurz for one year over smith for 3

Da Ballahollic
08-12-2009, 02:59 AM
I follow this celtics blog on twitter and he retweets stuff and a lot of it was celts fans saying don't let him go to cle lol....too late biotches he's ours now.

Jj is disappointing. He didn't even play that much last year and he not 100%. Joe smitch wants 3 yrs ha ha so id take kurz for one year over smith for 3
Agreed..

Da Ballahollic
08-12-2009, 03:26 AM
Another thing..

I like this pick up but if we are willing to take a risk on Powe why in the hell couldnt we take a risk on Blair..:mad: ..his knee's cant be worse then Powe's can they..

NotYetGreat
08-12-2009, 03:37 AM
Damn! Cavs have been REALLY active this offseason. Great pick up in Powe. I agree with Ballaholic, though. If they were willing to sign Powe, why not test DeJuan Blair?

Lebron23
08-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Damn! Cavs have been REALLY active this offseason. Great pick up in Powe. I agree with Ballaholic, though. If they were willing to sign Powe, why not test DeJuan Blair?

I think the reason that Danny Ferry failed to draft Blair is because JJ Hickson is still recovering from his back injury.

Danny Green was a great pick in the 2nd Round, and He's like an upgraded version of Sasha Pavlovic.

DDensity
08-12-2009, 04:43 AM
Holy crap! Panic time!

The Lakers better counter this move quick! Any other players coming off a torn ACL and microfracture surgery, who are unlikely to play until at least 2/3rds into the season we can sign?

The real reason the Celtics didn't re-sign Powe was that KG was threatened by his awesomness.

vocalpoint7
08-12-2009, 04:56 AM

Gasol to LA - steal
Pippen to Bulls - steal
Dirk to Mavs - steal

:oldlol: Well said good man.

1~Gibson~1
08-12-2009, 07:24 AM
:oldlol:

Made up in his head.

They even signed Shelden Williams to prove they were no longer interested in Powe.BW is legit

Another thing..

I like this pick up but if we are willing to take a risk on Powe why in the hell couldnt we take a risk on Blair..:mad: ..his knee's cant be worse then Powe's can they..Good question :ohwell:

Lebron23
08-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Cavs are not done, they still may sign another big man w/ Powe & JJ Hickson not 100%. Joe Smith and Rob Kurz still on list.

Leon Powe signing should be official in morning. 2 years, $1.77 mil. Sources say Celtics tried to re-sign him after word got out about Cavs.

Cavaliers should sign Rob Kurz. He's probably the next Matt Bonner.

And Welcome to Cleveland Mr. Powe.

Jeff, It's time to sticky this thread.

Kingwillball
08-12-2009, 11:10 AM
sorry Lebron23 that's not going to happen...Lebron will not win his title in Cleveland.

HIS Title, makes it sound like it is a one time deal. Lebron should get at least a Few.

Lebron23
08-12-2009, 11:34 AM
At Least Bizzaro (Howard) is not going to have some easy dunks in the playoffs now that the Cavs acquire Shaquille O'Neal (Real Superman) and Leon Powe (The Punisher).

lilgodfather1
08-12-2009, 12:38 PM
:oldlol: Well said good man.
Powe is actually a bigger steal if he comes back healthy. No he is not the player that those guys are, but those teams traded for those players, where as all we did was sign him. So we pay 800K for Powe where as LA for example gave up Gasol, Kwame, picks, etc for Gasol plus they have to pay for him. So in reality the Cavs did get a steal.

beasted86
08-12-2009, 12:52 PM

Yeah... it's so legit BW didn't make a blog about it on the Cavs Beat... didn't mention it in any articles whatsoever about Powe signing... didn't even hint about it in an ASK Brian question... but instead tweeted about it.

It's much more believable when it comes in the form of a tweet. :hammerhead:

cavsfanatic
08-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah... it's so legit BW didn't make a blog about it on the Cavs Beat... didn't mention it in any articles whatsoever about Powe signing... didn't even hint about it in an ASK Brian question... but instead tweeted about it.

It's much more believable when it comes in the form of a tweet. :hammerhead:
Cuz its not a big deal... its nothin to blog bout. Its understandable you don't want a former player to go to your rival right?

Portland,la,orlando,mia,dallas all showed interest but powe wanted to stick it to the celtics
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?w=18nmy&storyId=4392457&i=TOP&topslot=1

insidehoops
08-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Signing just became official today

Da Ballahollic
08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I think the reason that Danny Ferry failed to draft Blair is because JJ Hickson is still recovering from his back injury.

Danny Green was a great pick in the 2nd Round, and He's like an upgraded version of Sasha Pavlovic.

That would only make me wanna draft Blair even more (if I were Ferry) seeing that JJ has chronic back issues..

1~Gibson~1
08-12-2009, 07:37 PM

It's much more believable when it comes in the form of a tweet. :hammerhead:you're right. Windhorst is lying :rolleyes:

abuC
08-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Another thing..

I like this pick up but if we are willing to take a risk on Powe why in the hell couldnt we take a risk on Blair..:mad: ..his knee's cant be worse then Powe's can they..

Because as a first round pick Blair would have been guaranteed two years under contract.

Eyenga might be able to turn into a player, his athleticism is off the charts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6_TTlNaTc&feature=related

Da Ballahollic
08-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Because as a first round pick Blair would have been guaranteed two years under contract.

Eyenga might be able to turn into a player, his athleticism is off the charts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6_TTlNaTc&feature=related

Which is only one year longer then what Powe got..not that big of a risk.

Yea down the road he could be good but we are trying to win now and Blair could have helped us now..

JustinJDW
08-12-2009, 10:51 PM
I am very surprised the Celtics didn't keep him. I guess they chose Henderson over Powe. Bad choice is my opinion.

Da Ballahollic
08-12-2009, 10:56 PM
I am very surprised the Celtics didn't keep him. I guess they chose Henderson over Powe. Bad choice is my opinion.
Who?

You mean Shelden Williams..

Lebron23
08-13-2009, 05:13 AM
Powe's Agent said that his recovery is ahead of schedule. I think Powe will be back after the NBA All Star Game.

The Cavs needs a 100% Leon Powe in the 2010 NBA playoffs.

1~Gibson~1
08-13-2009, 07:32 AM
I just want him to come back around playoff time, get a couple of regular season games under his belt to see if he's healthy enough to play, then get ready for him to beast in the post-season :banana:

Lebron23
02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
http://media.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/photo/leon-powe-cavaliers-insiderjpg-3e123e2e274345cd.jpg

Powe passes tests:

Leon Powe cleared several important hurdles this week in his return from left knee surgery, passing strenuous running and stress tests. The Cavs have not determined a specific return date for Powe, who has been out all season recovering from anterior cruciate ligament replacement and microfracture surgery. Powe is hoping to be cleared by doctors next week.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/02/shaq_vs_to_return_for_second_s.html

Welcome Back Mr. Leon Powe. Leon will probably play 8-10 minutes per game in the regular season, but I expect Coach Brown to give him more playing time in the playoffs.

1~Gibson~1
02-12-2010, 06:42 PM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

triangleoffense
02-12-2010, 06:53 PM
when the cavs pick up Powe it's a steal

when the lakers "pick up" Gasol it's a bank robbery

not to mention signing Artest for the mid-level

anyways it's an ok pickup for the cavs. I mean we're not even talking about big baby or haslem or someone who is likea 10/6 type of guy. This is a 3rd string reserve at best that's been plagued by injuries. I don't see how everyone is saying this is a huge steal by the cavs. The celtics obviously knew something was wrong with him before waiving him. I trust the front office of a 18 time world champ way more than the front office of the quintessential cursed sports city.

It's just like when they pickedup Joe Smith last year... big ****ing whoop.

AMISTILLILL
02-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Congrats to Powe for winning two rings in three years.

Wordup
02-12-2010, 07:57 PM
when the cavs pick up Powe it's a steal

when the lakers "pick up" Gasol it's a bank robbery

not to mention signing Artest for the mid-level

anyways it's an ok pickup for the cavs. I mean we're not even talking about big baby or haslem or someone who is likea 10/6 type of guy. This is a 3rd string reserve at best that's been plagued by injuries. I don't see how everyone is saying this is a huge steal by the cavs. The celtics obviously knew something was wrong with him before waiving him. I trust the front office of a 18 time world champ way more than the front office of the quintessential cursed sports city.

It's just like when they pickedup Joe Smith last year... big ****ing whoop.

ARTEST WAS ON MID-LEVEL!!!! :wtf:

MK2V1GP
02-12-2010, 09:48 PM
One of the saddest days of my life was when Cleveland signed him. I'm still POd at Danny for choosing Davis over Powe, and no, I don't care if he was injured.

Powe>>>>>(infinity) Davis