PDA

View Full Version : World men's 100m final

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Anybody tuned in?

My boy sees a world record. It's about to go down in seconds....

HighFlyer23
08-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Bolt is about to do it again

WhiteMosɘs
08-16-2009, 03:41 PM
link?

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 03:42 PM
link?
NBC
Now now now!

HighFlyer23
08-16-2009, 03:42 PM
NBC channel 10

i seen hippos
08-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Gay just embarassed Bolt.

HighFlyer23
08-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Gay just embarassed Bolt.

9.58 son new world record

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 03:46 PM
World record!!!!!

9.58, holy sheittt

Kebab Stall
That was f*cking insane.

Below .6, how the f*ck does this guy do it?

WhiteMosɘs
Internet link!!!!???

EDIT: FU CK FU CK FU CK FU CK FU CK

qrich
08-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Just amazing. :eek:

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 03:49 PM
My guy called it! (See OP). He says he was feelin it for about a month. He trains sprinter for university.

Crazy!

CasterL
08-16-2009, 03:49 PM
what did bolt run

qrich
08-16-2009, 03:50 PM
what did bolt run

Gay ran a 9.71 I think.

bisk
Are you blind...:rolleyes:

i seen hippos
Gay ran the third fastest time ever and got raped still. lol

lefthook00
08-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Daaaaaammmnnnn homie.

You can't f*ck with Bolt after like 40 yards, he is like 4 inches taller than everyone else and 2/3 of his body is his legs, he just gazelles it to the finish line.

DaHeezy
what did bolt run

You're not serious, are you?

pete's montreux
He actually ran to the last inch for once, and destroys his own record. Imagine if he had been running all out in previous races.

WhiteMosɘs
08-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Goddam, there better be a youtube video really soon.

Fallguy20
08-16-2009, 03:54 PM
wow... just wow

lefthook00
08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
He ran all the way through but it STILL didn't look like he was running his hardest.

CasterL
You're not serious, are you?

thought it was gay that ran 9.5 by what people were saying.

Miller Time
unbelievable.... :applause:

HighFlyer23
08-16-2009, 03:58 PM
He ran all the way through but it STILL didn't look like he was running his hardest.

I know ... atleast his shoe laces were tied this time :lol

Kebab Stall
08-16-2009, 03:58 PM
My guy called it! (See OP). He says he was feelin it for about a month. He trains sprinter for university.

Crazy!
Not hard to call. If you watched the heats, you would have sensed that Bolt was planning something big.

It's a shame that Chambers fell so far down. He looked good in previous heats and he's over come a lot just to get back in to sprinting, to reach the finals for him was huge. Too bad he couldn't repeat what he done 10 years ago.

Gotta feel for Gay aswell. The guy works so hard and puts so much effort in and he will never be able to beat Bolt. He just ran a personal best, a new American record, .71 and he wasn't even in the race, no one was. Bolt is just too good.

It's not as if he took .01 or .02 off of the record, he took .11 off the record, that's damn impressive.

It was a fantastic race all together (best I've ever seen, by f*cking miles), I mean, there's guys there who ran 10 seconds flat, and didn't even finish in the top 5.

Kebab Stall
08-16-2009, 04:01 PM
He actually ran to the last inch for once, and destroys his own record. Imagine if he had been running all out in previous races.
Even compared to his 200m race last year in Beijing, he wasn't running flat out in this race. In that 200m he wanted the record and he was way a head of everyone and still leaned forward at the finish.

If he ran flat out in the 100m, he could get down to .50 possibly even lower.

pete's montreux
08-16-2009, 04:04 PM
It's kind of cruel if you think about it. He's the fastest man ever, and he knows it. He's playing with the competition. Seems like he has a plan to break the world record every chance he gets. He's slowly solidifying his legend.

It's also smart. He's keeping his name in the media.

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 04:07 PM
It's kind of cruel if you think about it. He's the fastest man ever, and he knows it. He's playing with the competition. Seems like he has a plan to break the world record every chance he gets. He's slowly solidifying his legend.

It's also smart. He's keeping his name in the media.

He's not solidifying it, he IS legend. These accomplishments are so dominating, the only athlete to compare is Tiger, and I would say Bolt has way more command over his competition.

quasimoto
08-16-2009, 04:10 PM
It's a shame that Chambers fell so far down. He looked good in previous heats and he's over come a lot just to get back in to sprinting, to reach the finals for him was huge. Too bad he couldn't repeat what he done 10 years ago.

It's kinda irritating to see that he's basically still running as fast as before his suspension..

WhiteMosɘs
08-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Post a video link if you see it pleeeaaaasssseee!

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Post a video link if you see it pleeeaaaasssseee!

Do you not own a TV? it's everywhere right now.

FG20
08-16-2009, 04:13 PM
It's kinda irritating to see that he's basically still running as fast as before his suspension..
:wtf:

WhiteMosɘs
08-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Do you not own a TV? it's everywhere right now.

:oldlol: I have 2 channels right now.

Kebab Stall
08-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Not really, considering he is 31. I may be mistaken here, but he was most likely the oldest guy on the track at 31 years old and he still ran 10 seconds flat.

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 04:19 PM
BTW, this is one year to the date Bolt won the Oly's.

GOBB
08-16-2009, 04:22 PM
I wasnt shocked/surprised by this. Just like his next feat i wont be. Pull an Ocho and just change your first name to Insane.

LuppersGB
08-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Its a good half hour after the event and I still feel speachless. I was thinking he'd run 9.65 tops (over here on british BBC michael johnson was like - there aint no way he's beating his rcord). Me and my sis were sat there just stunned when the time flashed up.
Then my mum ruined it by asking "who's usain bolt?" retard.

i seen hippos
08-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the rep, but calling me a pretentious prick for saying Gay got raped is a little whimpy.

HighFlyer23
08-16-2009, 04:30 PM
He's not solidifying it, he IS legend. These accomplishments are so dominating, the only athlete to compare is Tiger, and I would say Bolt has way more command over his competition.

:roll:

sunsfan1357
08-16-2009, 04:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmKd2wpOILQ

You're welcome.

GOBB
08-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Its a good half hour after the event and I still feel speachless. I was thinking he'd run 9.65 tops (over here on british BBC michael johnson was like - there aint no way he's beating his rcord). Me and my sis were sat there just stunned when the time flashed up.

Your mom is not a retard for not knowing who Bolt is. Bolt has yet to establish himself in such a way.

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 04:35 PM
:roll:

Please name another athlete who has control over his field?

WhiteMosɘs
08-16-2009, 04:36 PM

You're welcome.

Thanks man!

Your mom is not a retard for not knowing who Bolt is. Bolt has yet to establish himself in such a way.

Please be sarcastic.

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 04:36 PM

You're welcome.

I wonder why this wasn't locked by youtube but Oly footage wasn't pulled immediately. Anyways, great find.

sunsfan1357
08-16-2009, 04:37 PM

He's definitely getting there though. Charismatic guy, even beat out Phelps for Male Athlete of the Year and made appearances on late night talk shows, ESPN, etc. Apparently he loves to dance, maybe Dancing with the Stars is in his future. I guess that'll be when he gets the mom demographic.

GOBB
08-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Tiger is going for his 15th major. 3 away from Jack. Really no athlete is on Tiger's level today. But that isnt a diss to Bolt.

Please be sarcastic.

Hardly sarcastic kid.

enayes
08-16-2009, 04:39 PM
here's a clear link, not sure if it was posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9usvTxYPc3I

HighFlyer23
08-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Tiger is going for his 15th major. 3 away from Jack. Really no athlete is on Tiger's level today. But that isnt a diss to Bolt.

so you're saying being the best golfer > fastest man in history?

:lol

Bolt > Phelps > everybody esle

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Please be sarcastic.

Well it's not like Bolt is a big advertising icon, so this statement is not far from the truth. Bolt is not heavy in the mainstream media as apparent to the fact even on here there was not hype machine behind this event. My mom doesn't know bolt, but she knows other mainstream athletes though a different media channels.

Kebab Stall
08-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Did you see Johnson's response? When they had the camera in the booth? Jackson and Denise Lewis were shouting and cheering Bolt on and Johnson just couldn't believe it. Dude looked absolutely awe struck.

DaHeezy
08-16-2009, 04:41 PM
so you're saying being the best golfer > fastest man in history?

:lol

Bolt > Phelps > everybody esle

Read my post again dimwit. I clearly said Bolt has way more command over his field and that Tiger came close.

bdreason
08-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Watching that guy run is unreal.

HighFlyer23
08-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Read my post again dimwit. I clearly said Bolt has way more command over his field and that Tiger came close.

I wasn't quoting you

GOBB
08-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm a kid and when i saw the Mighty Ducks movie i begged my mom for ice skates and a stick. Now I dont even use them. :lol

Ok.

sunsfan1357
08-16-2009, 04:44 PM

:oldlol: @ the camera men having to sprint to keep up with his jog. I probably would too.

phoenix18
08-16-2009, 04:46 PM
My grandma was talking about Bolt yesterday. She told me that everyone was getting ready to watch it in Jamaica. I didnt see it. 9.58! Bolt is a cartoon.

WhiteMosɘs
08-16-2009, 04:47 PM

Hardly sarcastic kid.

Hhhhmmm. Winning the title "Fastest Man Alive" title at any Olympics, let alone the BEIJING OLYMPICS which were absolutely huge, typically gets noticed. And in the fashion he did? His win was all over the papers/news/internets. He. Got. Noticed.

Sorry fella, but your mom may be slightly retarded.

WhiteMosɘs
08-16-2009, 04:51 PM

Another good link. :applause:

EDIT: Tyson is f ucking pissed.

GOBB
08-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Hhhhmmm. Winning the title "Fastest Man Alive" title at any Olympics, let alone the BEIJING OLYMPICS which were absolutely huge, typically gets noticed. And in the fashion he did? His win was all over the papers/news/internets. He. Got. Noticed.

Sorry fella, but your mom may be slightly retarded.

Right because moms across the globe sit in front of the tube to watch the fastest man on Earth? You do realize the reason certain athletes are known either in thier country or across the globe is MARKETING right? Thats why athletes sign endorsement deals dipshyt. For anyone to act like ones mom is a retard or slightly a retard because a JAMAICAN runner set a world record? Then you my friend are the actual retard. I guess because it says "world record" and world is the key word in your small mind? She should known?

The day Bolt starts getting advertised and marketed to every demographic is when your mom SHOULD know who he is. Until then? The casual sports fan should have an idea. What next? His mom is a retard for not knowing who Fedor is? Because she should know who is considered the baddest mofo on the planet right? Well? USE your brain and you'll look LESS of an idiot kid.

GOBB
08-16-2009, 04:56 PM
I hope and pray Bolt isnt cheating and nothing comes out down the road. Last month I believe 5 Jamaicans got busted for roids. Not saying he is. Dude is clean to me and doing it legit. But in todays sports everyone seems to look for an "edge". Just hope he isnt.

run&gun
08-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Yup.

craigthomasb
08-16-2009, 04:57 PM
that was one of his best races but i still think he can go quicker again, he still looked to be easing off over the last 10-15 meters, he will break the world record again

vapid
08-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Bolt is probably not even on the top 15 most famous athletes list atm.

supersmashbros
08-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Bolt is about to do it again
Will it forever be a black dominated event? I think so. Black ppl are just so much better than everyone else at anaerobic events like sprinting. However, I also doubt there will ever be a black Michael Phelps because the physic that gives them the edge in running and jumping is a problematic in swimming.

WhiteMosɘs
08-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Right because moms across the globe sit in front of the tube to watch the fastest man on Earth? You do realize the reason certain athletes are known either in thier country or across the globe is MARKETING right? Thats why athletes sign endorsement deals dipshyt. For anyone to act like ones mom is a retard or slightly a retard because a JAMAICAN runner set a world record? Then you my friend are the actual retard. I guess because it says "world record" and world is the key word in your small mind? She should known?

The day Bolt starts getting advertised and marketed to every demographic is when your mom SHOULD know who he is. Until then? The casual sports fan should have an idea. What next? His mom is a retard for not knowing who Fedor is? Because she should know who is considered the baddest mofo on the planet right? Well? USE your brain and you'll look LESS of an idiot kid.

I understand endorsements, so shut your mouth....but think about it...It's. The. F ucking. Olympics. People watch the Olympics. People talk about the Olympics. People read about the Olympics (women are still allowed to read the paper, right?). The Olympics are everywhere. I wasn't talking about "world record" old fu ckface (hey, I can call you names based on age too!). He won in an exciting fashion, he won gold (which is a big deal and gets a little more recognition than say...last) and he won at the Olympics. Understood?

sunsfan1357
08-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I understand endorsements, so shut your mouth....but think about it...It's. The. F ucking. Olympics. People watch the Olympics. People talk about the Olympics. People read about the Olympics (women are still allowed to read the paper, right?). The Olympics are everywhere. I wasn't talking about "world record" old fu ckface (hey, I can call you names based on age too!). He won in an exciting fashion, he won gold (which is a big deal and gets a little more recognition than say...last) and he won at the Olympics. Understood?

In Bolt's case I think people know of him, but not his name or face.

WhiteMosɘs
08-16-2009, 05:04 PM
In Bolt's case I think people know of him, but not his name or face.

The argument started with you right? :oldlol: No disrespect to your mom. But if she knew of him, as a lot of people do, then she wouldn't have asked who Usain Bolt is.

supersmashbros
He's the fastest man on earth and most ppl in Canada and States heard of him. It's not like he's a hermit in the middle of Siberia. He's a very well known, and possibly rich man.

Kebab Stall
I hope and pray Bolt isnt cheating and nothing comes out down the road. Last month I believe 5 Jamaicans got busted for roids. Not saying he is. Dude is clean to me and doing it legit. But in todays sports everyone seems to look for an "edge". Just hope he isnt.
Are you sure it was roids? I thought it was just a low level substance and that they got as much as a slap on the wrist, but then again, I wasn't too interested, as long as Powell and Bolt weren't involved, then I'm not too bothered.

Also, anyone else notice how much more relaxed Powell has been? Last year at the olympics he was incredibly tense and shown almost no signs of enjoyment. This year though, he's been joking around and looking very calm.

sunsfan1357
08-16-2009, 05:05 PM
The argument started with you right? :oldlol: No disrespect to your mom. But if she knew of him, as a lot of people do, then she wouldn't have asked who Usain Bolt is.

No it didn't start with me. And I was speaking in general terms not this particular case.

Rameek
08-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I can appreciate how fast this man is and him domming the 100 being the worlds fastest man is lovely... I just dont see him as dominating as what Tiger has/is doing... On my best day outdoor track wind aided I clocked 10.59 so believe me I know what it means to run a 9.58

If he was a multiple event guy in my mind I can see it... Not saying I am right or wrong but TIGER is GOLF..... When I think of dominant I can say without hesitation Carl Lewis was Dominant...

supersmashbros
08-16-2009, 05:14 PM
I can appreciate how fast this man is and him domming the 100 being the worlds fastest man is lovely... I just dont see him as dominating as what Tiger has/is doing... On my best day outdoor track wind aided I clocked 10.59 so believe me I know what it means to run a 9.58

If he was a multiple event guy in my mind I can see it... Not saying I am right or wrong but TIGER is GOLF..... When I think of dominant I can say without hesitation Carl Lewis was Dominant...
Didn't Tiger play basketball before he came into golf?

FG20
08-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Will it forever be a black dominated event? I think so. Black ppl are just so much better than everyone else at anaerobic events like sprinting. However, I also doubt there will ever be a black Michael Phelps because the physic that gives them the edge in running and jumping is a problematic in swimming.

how the hell did you get off ignore?

edit: oh... wait... dur on my part

supersmashbros
08-16-2009, 05:17 PM
how the hell did you get off ignore?

edit: oh... wait... dur on my part
I don't understand what you are saying?

WhiteMosɘs
08-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I don't understand what you are saying?

You're ignored. That's what he's saying.

Kebab Stall
08-16-2009, 05:27 PM

But Bolt is a multiple event guy. He currently holds world record times in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m. There's always been talks of him doing the 400m, but whether he actually does get around to doing that is another thing.

As far as sprinting goes, all Bolt can do now is just keep shaving his times down, because there's no one to rival him. The 400m is a speed endurance event and is not just sprinting, making it a different animal from the standard 100m and 200m.

Brunch@Five
08-16-2009, 05:27 PM
This was impressive

dwight20-20
08-16-2009, 06:01 PM
If Bolt does the 400 i'll be excited.

miller-time
08-16-2009, 06:13 PM
just amazing.

Big#50
08-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Every sprinter is on roids. So, it isn't chaating. The biggest roidhead in the 80's was Carl Lewis. Yet, Johnson was the one who was crucified. If BOLT was American he would be viewed as a GOD.

hateraid
08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Now Tyson Gay is saying he went into this event with a pulled groin. I'm sorry but that's a typical act from American athletes to have a back-up excuse.
Hey Tyson, you wouldn't have won anyways. 9 point faulkin 58.

sunsfan1357
08-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Now Tyson Gay is saying he went into this event with a pulled groin. I'm sorry but that's a typical act from American athletes to have a back-up excuse.

He was coming off of an injury, skipped a warm up meet to rest up for it and said it felt a little sore after one of the preliminary heats. It's not to say it affected the race though because he obvsiouly would've lost anyway.

phoenix18
08-16-2009, 07:44 PM
:roll: I know right? If Bolt said he had a pulled groin, I would accept that as an excuse because he is the best. But Tyson, that was weak. You couldnt beat Bolt if he ran with a parachute.

miller-time
08-16-2009, 07:51 PM

as long as he beats 9.58 at some point in his career i will believe him.

brantonli
08-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Wow, I remember seeing an article that tried to predict how fast Bolt would've gone if he went full out in the Olympics, and it predicted just under 9.60s !

thejumpa
08-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Bolt is breaking records and winning everything too fast to be considered on the same level as Woods. Seriously, after you go 9.58 in the 100m, what more can you do? Let's just say he does 9.4 some day....which is possible (I'm thinking 9.46-9.50ish), what more can you do? A human being can only get so fast. It's not like we are going to see any 9.3's or anything.

The same goes for every other record. At some point, it has to level out and he won't keep breaking records. By the time he is 25, there won't be anything left to do...

Makes me want to run the 100 though.....Bolt is ****ing quick

Reef
08-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Bolt is breaking records and winning everything too fast to be considered on the same level as Woods. Seriously, after you go 9.58 in the 100m, what more can you do? Let's just say he does 9.4 some day....which is possible (I'm thinking 9.46-9.50ish), what more can you do? A human being can only get so fast. It's not like we are going to see any 9.3's or anything.

The same goes for every other record. At some point, it has to level out and he won't keep breaking records. By the time he is 25, there won't be anything left to do...

Makes me want to run the 100 though.....Bolt is ****ing quick

Well there's still the 200. He can work on lowering his record in that. There's also talk that he will start competing in the 400. That's another record that nobody's coming close to beating since Johnson ran it.

thejumpa
08-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Well there's still the 200. He can work on lowering his record in that. There's also talk that he will start competing in the 400. That's another record that nobody's coming close to beating since Johnson ran it.

True....but listen to what you just said. He needs to work on lowering his record. When it get's a point when you dominate so much and physically shouldn't be (unless he's doing it dirty), then you know you are something special. If he lowers the 200 and breaks the 400....then what's next to do? he will be 25 with every record lol...and most likely have done it with room to spare.

sunsfan1357
08-16-2009, 09:27 PM
True....but listen to what you just said. He needs to work on lowering his record. When it get's a point when you dominate so much and physically shouldn't be (unless he's doing it dirty), then you know you are something special. If he lowers the 200 and breaks the 400....then what's next to do? he will be 25 with every record lol...and most likely have done it with room to spare.

It's not like he's just going to stop running when that happens. There's still the Olympics and World Championships. If he keeps racking up medals the way he is, dominating the way he is, then his status among athletes will only go up. Even Phelps is still swimming after setting so many records and winning 8 Golds.

thejumpa
08-16-2009, 09:39 PM
It's not like he's just going to stop running when that happens. There's still the Olympics and World Championships. If he keeps racking up medals the way he is, dominating the way he is, then his status among athletes will only go up. Even Phelps is still swimming after setting so many records and winning 8 Golds.

True...

If all goes well and he isn't doing anything stupid, he's gonna go down as the best (and fastest) to ever do it. He is young, fast, and dominates anything he enters. Another thing people have forgot to mention about him is that he has been freakishly fast since he was 11-12 years old. He was breaking records back then.

For now, Bolt is that *****. period.

WhiteMosɘs
08-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Yes, but Tiger Woods has almost 12 years of golf history behind him to cement his fame, 12 years to establish himself and get his face and name in all the media. Bolt, I grant you, he became famous alright, but as famous as Woods? I highly doubt it.

My argument had nothing to do with Tiger Woods. I wasn't involved in that argument. Maybe read the whole thread next time.

Erudus
08-17-2009, 02:40 AM
:roll: :roll: reading some of the stuff gobb says makes me laugh at loud

he is surprised someone doesntk now who usain bolt is ? easily if someone doesnt watch the olympics last year then his name isnt all over like some other famous athletes

sorry not everyone is like u gobb a 30 year old guy who sits at home spends his life on a computer and playing video games:roll: virgin loser

Take Your Lumps
08-17-2009, 02:52 AM

If Bolt ran like his life depended on it...I wouldn't bet against him honestly.

Butters
08-17-2009, 02:59 AM
He can run really fast.sweetness.

So footballs starting soon...woo hoo.

Kebab Stall
08-17-2009, 04:18 AM
Tyson was saying this all along. You could see something was bothering him in his start, in every heat. In the first couple of races he was getting piss poor starts. In the semi's he got a pathetic start and lost about 2 metres on Powell and still managed to win the race. He didn't have that explosion coming out of the blocks, he was easing into it more, rather than exploding out.

What astounds me, is that Gay still ran faster than any american ever at .71 and was still nowhere to be seen in the race. Bolt just destroyed everyone.

Brunch@Five
08-17-2009, 04:23 AM
Gay just ran the 3rd fastest 100m ever. He deserves to get props for this. Bolt is just better.

Kebab Stall
08-17-2009, 04:40 AM
Gay just ran the 3rd fastest 100m ever. He deserves to get props for this. Bolt is just better.
He is the fastest american, atleast he can say that.

Take Your Lumps
08-17-2009, 04:42 AM
In HD w/ plenty of slo-mo replays
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR81cx87_ko&hd=1

thejumpa
08-17-2009, 04:46 AM
Yeah...gotta give Gay credit. He really did have a groin injury and you could tell. Still, he ran a 9.71 which is extremely ****ing fast..just not fast enough. Bolt was just faster......than everybody.

Bolt is a beast...simple and plain. I'm willing to bet he breaks his own record and then breaks the 400. Straight Tiger Woods domination.....

brantonli
08-17-2009, 04:55 AM
My argument had nothing to do with Tiger Woods. I wasn't involved in that argument. Maybe read the whole thread next time.

Lol I did, I must've messed up and confused some posts for others. My mistake.

DCL
08-17-2009, 07:43 AM
this is just f--king insane. you don't smash the 100m world record by that much of a wide ass gap time difference. historically, it's only gone down .01 or .02 each time. if it's 0.03, it's ridiculous.

but he's lowering them by monster leaps. and this isn't swimming like there's some brand new torpedo suit every year or whatever. shoe technology has not changed. dude is just a friggin mutant. 9.58 :bowdown:

he's so awesome i can't believe he's not on some serious doping sh!t.

Knuck the Ficks
08-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Via Wikipedia, this puts the change in perspective:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/World_record_progression_100m_men.png/400px-World_record_progression_100m_men.png

Look at the distance between the last two points compared to the rest of the records on the plot. Wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_100_metres_world_record_progression

DCL
08-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Via Wikipedia, this puts the change in perspective:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/World_record_progression_100m_men.png/400px-World_record_progression_100m_men.png

Look at the distance between the last two points compared to the rest of the records on the plot. Wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_100_metres_world_record_progression

exactly, man. just beyond friggin ridiculous?!?! it's like everyone is learning how to fly airplanes, and this guy is already on a spaceship.

between 1970-2000, the times went down relatively slow. they were somewhat reasonable. most probably even thought our max speed had peaked as humans. then this jamaican dude came along and shattered all common sense in track and field sprints.

plowking
08-17-2009, 08:14 AM
I just read a dated article saying 9.6 is the human limit... So much for that. Now they are predicting 9.44 to be the ultimate record of human capacity.

Kebab Stall
08-17-2009, 08:25 AM
I just read a dated article saying 9.6 is the human limit... So much for that. Now they are predicting 9.44 to be the ultimate record of human capacity.
I wonder what they'll say when Bolt finds a way to break that aswell.

DCL
08-17-2009, 08:43 AM
well, the dude's technique fell off near the end. he looked like he was coasting. coasting to a frigging 9-five something?!? i don't think he's done yet.

but seriously, we live in an era where taking enhancement substances are so normal and common. i'm not hating or anything, and it's supposed to be an exciting thing, but he's just so friggin off the charts literally you just have to wonder if he has access to some super insane sh!t that cannot be detected yet.

plowking
08-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Well his diet is supposedly built mainly off chicken nuggets. So that must be the secret.

I honestly hope someone runs under 9 seconds in my lifetime. I don't care if it's with performance enhancing drugs or not, I just want to see someone move that quick.

BTW, imagine if Bolt learned how to dribble a basketball. Imagine him in the open court, and even with a defender on him, you'd know he'd back himself with his first step.

DCL
08-17-2009, 09:00 AM
i think he'd travel every time because his feet would be faster than a dribble. :oldlol:

Pharcyde
08-17-2009, 09:07 AM

You do realize that he did right?

liljohnnywall
08-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I thought the human limit was 9.6 and there was no way you could go under mathematically and applying the laws of modern day physics. These damn scientist are all crooks

supersmashbros
08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
I thought the human limit was 9.6 and there was no way you could go under mathematically and applying the laws of modern day physics. These damn scientist are all crooks
So I am guessing we are approaching that limit.

Kebab Stall
08-17-2009, 11:06 AM
So I am guessing we are approaching that limit.
Well, considering Bolt ran .58, I think that limit has been passed.

liljohnnywall
08-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Well, considering Bolt ran .58, I think that limit has been passed.
the best part is he was coasting again. What did he run the olympics. I think bolt can ran even faster than that if he was on the biggest stage in the world the olympics with all the adrenaline running and stuff. He would also have to go all out like he did in the 200m

Kebab Stall
08-17-2009, 11:28 AM
the best part is he was coasting again. What did he run the olympics. I think bolt can ran even faster than that if he was on the biggest stage in the world the olympics with all the adrenaline running and stuff. He would also have to go all out like he did in the 200m
He ran .69 in the Olympics and just ran a .58, so he's shaved .11 off of his time and he was coasting a bit again, but nowhere near what he was doing in the Olympics. If he ran like he did in the 200m at the Olmypics, he would definitly get his time down much further. Possibly even going below .5, which is just insane.

hateraid
08-17-2009, 11:35 AM
You do realize that he did right?

Well if you're injured, pull out. 9.71 suggest he was fully recovered. Again, excuses.

Vragrant
08-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Well if you're injured, pull out. 9.71 suggest he was fully recovered. Again, excuses.

Agree, he runs the fastest American time ever (and one of the fastest 100m ever), and claims hes injured. He was fine, even if it was a factor it wasnt bothering him THAT much.

LuppersGB
08-17-2009, 11:43 AM
WOW calling my mum a retard set a right old argument off lol. that was truely astounding. anyhoo, in many ways i am equally astounded that gay ran 9.71 i thought only bolt had that kind of speed

Kebab Stall
08-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Gay would have never pulled out of that race. There was no way, after what happened last year in the Olympics, that he was not going to compete.

Kebab Stall
08-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Just heard on BBC, that Gay might pull out of the 200m due to the groin problem. Dwain Chambers is also pulling out of the 200m due to calf strain - that's a shame, because I really wanted to watch him.

mbell75
08-17-2009, 01:57 PM
wonder what kind of performance enhancing drugs this guy is on. If you think thats natural ability, you are retarded.

Maniak
08-17-2009, 02:01 PM
wonder what kind of performance enhancing drugs this guy is on. If you think thats natural ability, you are retarded.
Its sad that these days everyone points to drugs if there is a good athlete, and doesnt even give them actually being naturally gifted a second thought.

Damn those Laker fans

lefthook00
08-17-2009, 02:07 PM
well, the dude's technique fell off near the end. he looked like he was coasting. coasting to a frigging 9-five something?!? i don't think he's done yet.

but seriously, we live in an era where taking enhancement substances are so normal and common. i'm not hating or anything, and it's supposed to be an exciting thing, but he's just so friggin off the charts literally you just have to wonder if he has access to some super insane sh!t that cannot be detected yet.

After about 70 meters you are going full speed and you can pretty much coast to the end without losing speed. Meaning, you still have to run hard but just enough to maintain your speed. Thats what they say anyways.

Reef
08-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Women's 100m final starting in a few mins

http://www.atdhe.net/8006/watch-iaaf-world-championships-in-athletics-

Maniak
08-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Wow, that girl has braces.

Speaking of which, I hate watching porn when the girl has braces on, I feel like an instant pedo.

Maniak
08-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Damn, Jamaica beasted.

DCL
08-17-2009, 03:46 PM
After about 70 meters you are going full speed and you can pretty much coast to the end without losing speed. Meaning, you still have to run hard but just enough to maintain your speed. Thats what they say anyways.

he did lose speed at the end though. they actually did a computer breakdown analysis of how fast he was going at each point, and his last 20m were a bit slower. he wasn't pumping his cylinders as much towards the end. it's not like a car where the wheels carry the momentum. in a foot race, you need to keep on pumping and hitting it with power. but once you relax a little bit, the velocity immediately slows down. he wasn't at full speed at the end at all. the computers show it, and even the naked eye should be able to notice it since he was so freaking fast at midpoint and 3/4 point.

Reef
08-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Men's 200 heats start tomorrow. Quarter-finals are at 12:55pm ET. Can't wait to see Gay and Bolt again.

Kebab Stall
08-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Men's 200 heats start tomorrow. Quarter-finals are at 12:55pm ET. Can't wait to see Gay and Bolt again.
Gay might not be competing in the 200m due to his groin injury.

Reef
08-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Gay might not be competing in the 200m due to his groin injury.

Seriously? Damn...I don't know if Bolt will get another record then without anyone pushing him.:rant

Kebab Stall
08-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Seriously? Damn...I don't know if Bolt will get another record then without anyone pushing him.:rant
It's not definite yet and I haven't heard any developments, but there were comments being thrown around earlier today. Maybe because they are no developments, he is competing, but I don't know.

Also, Bolt doesn't care about competition. He just runs for himself. There's no one that can seriously push him. Gay's the closest and even when he's at his best, he cannot beat Bolt.

mbell75
08-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Its sad that these days everyone points to drugs if there is a good athlete, and doesnt even give them actually being naturally gifted a second thought.

Damn those Laker fans

You think athletes in pro sports have all the sudden just become better in the last few decades by magic? :oldlol: If anything, they are more flawed than athletes in previous eras because of the quality of food these days, the air is much more polluted as well as the water.

There is not alot of skill to lining up and running. Its not like baseball where you can improve your hand/eye coordination or improve your shot in basketball. You are either fast and can run or you are not. This guy is actually getting faster in a very short amount of time and if you dont think its with the aid of performance enhancing drugs, you are an idiot.

WhiteMosɘs
08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Please post internet links tomorrow for the races, if you find any.

supersmashbros
08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Btw, when was the last time a non-black person set the 100 meter record?

Maniak
08-17-2009, 04:55 PM
mbell, are you serious when you say there is no skill to lining up and running?

Is that a joke?

You can become more fast and atheltic and push yourself to being better. It has nothing to do with it being in your genes, although that sometimes can slightly help.

Then again, what would a 400 pound monstrosity of a Laker fan know about athleticism, aside from the in/out procedure of ****ing your Kobe doll.

mbell75
08-17-2009, 05:10 PM

Is that a joke?

You can become more fast and atheltic and push yourself to being better. It has nothing to do with it being in your genes, although that sometimes can slightly help.

Then again, what would a 400 pound monstrosity of a Laker fan know about athleticism, aside from the in/out procedure of ****ing your Kobe doll.

You mad your Suns suck and taking it out on Laker fans? :roll:

Maniak
08-17-2009, 05:14 PM
You mad your Suns suck and taking it out on Laker fans? :roll:
You mad you have nowhere to run to but making a Suns joke?

Let me jot you down as the 751497505157185th person in the world to make a joke like that, congratulations, Mr. Original.

This is the OTC lounge, son. Meaning NBA jokes are pretty out of place. Kinda like you in a mens bathroom.

supersmashbros
08-17-2009, 05:16 PM

Is that a joke?

There can be skill involved in pretty much every thing.

mbell75
08-17-2009, 05:32 PM
You mad you have nowhere to run to but making a Suns joke?

Let me jot you down as the 751497505157185th person in the world to make a joke like that, congratulations, Mr. Original.

This is the OTC lounge, son. Meaning NBA jokes are pretty out of place. Kinda like you in a mens bathroom.

You are the one who brought up the Lakers and Kobe you fuc**ing idiot.

supersmashbros
08-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Will there ever be a 7 foot something black man to break the 100 meter record?

mbell75
08-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Will there ever be a 7 foot something black man to break the 100 meter record?

Sure. Give him the right performance enhancing drugs and watch him go! If we were talking milliseconds off a time, thats one thing. To go from 9.69 to 9.58 in less than a year? Thats a full second difference and I am sorry, thats not humanly possible unless you are juicing.

Why would anyone think its a shock anyways? Marion Jones, the supposed fastest woman in the world just got busted for performance enhancers not long ago. You think the fastest man isnt on them either? Pretty stupid.

Reef
08-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Sure. Give him the right performance enhancing drugs and watch him go! If we were talking milliseconds off a time, thats one thing. To go from 9.69 to 9.58 in less than a year? Thats a full second difference and I am sorry, thats not humanly possible unless you are juicing.

Why would anyone think its a shock anyways? Marion Jones, the supposed fastest woman in the world just got busted for performance enhancers not long ago. You think the fastest man isnt on them either? Pretty stupid.

Come on, Bolt was breaking records as a teenager. He was running sub 20 second 200 when he was 16!! He's just a freak. He started racing in the 100 less than 2 years ago, so obviously he`s going to improve very quickly.

plowking
08-17-2009, 06:59 PM
You think athletes in pro sports have all the sudden just become better in the last few decades by magic? :oldlol: If anything, they are more flawed than athletes in previous eras because of the quality of food these days, the air is much more polluted as well as the water.

There is not alot of skill to lining up and running. Its not like baseball where you can improve your hand/eye coordination or improve your shot in basketball. You are either fast and can run or you are not. This guy is actually getting faster in a very short amount of time and if you dont think its with the aid of performance enhancing drugs, you are an idiot.

Yet the human life expectancy keeps on increasing...

plowking
08-17-2009, 07:01 PM

So you're saying, if you're the best at something, you're on performance enhancing drugs no matter what...

Nice one... :rolleyes:

Reef
08-17-2009, 07:04 PM

A full second = 0.11 seconds:oldlol:

And you do realize he shut it down with at least 10 meters to go when he hit 9.69 right. He would've got a similar time to 9.58 if he ran hard the whole race so he didn't really get 0.11 seconds faster.:hammerhead:

mbell75
08-17-2009, 07:05 PM
So you're saying, if you're the best at something, you're on performance enhancing drugs no matter what...

Nice one... :rolleyes:

Nope. I am saying in a sport where ALOT of the participants are juicing, are you really expecting the best of the bunch to be clean? Who here thought Marion Jones was on performance enhances? Probably no one, but she was and I will bet you my nuts this guy is too. Are you that much of a track and field fanboy? :lol

plowking
08-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah that's the one...

The guy is 22 years old, and a ridiculous 6'5. I'd say he's the tallest sprinter ever to compete. He just seems to be like the Lebron James of track and field. Someone who at his size, you don't expect to have all the skills, then it becomes clear that maybe this is the perfect size for those skills to come together.
I mean, his long strides are what give him his ridiculous advantage, and its never really been seen in the sport.

Reef
08-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah that's the one...

The guy is 22 years old, and a ridiculous 6'5. I'd say he's the tallest sprinter ever to compete. He just seems to be like the Lebron James of track and field. Someone who at his size, you don't expect to have all the skills, then it becomes clear that maybe this is the perfect size for those skills to come together.
I mean, his long strides are what give him his ridiculous advantage, and its never really been seen in the sport.

Not only does he have a huge stride, but if you watch his races in super slow motion, you can see he still has the same foot speed as the smaller guys. The only one has faster foot speed is Tyson Gay.

HighFlyer23
08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah that's the one...

His acceleration is incredible as well ...

thejumpa
08-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Nope. I am saying in a sport where ALOT of the participants are juicing, are you really expecting the best of the bunch to be clean? Who here thought Marion Jones was on performance enhances? Probably no one, but she was and I will bet you my nuts this guy is too. Are you that much of a track and field fanboy? :lol

Man....you have a point but don't sit here and act like you KNOW Bolt is on PED's. It's like those people who knew all along that MJ was going to die within 3 months and he just happened to die 3 months later. It's obvious you think anybody who puts up stupid fast times or does anything crazy is on steroids...

Could he be on PED's? sure.....anyone could. Up until now, he has passed every drug test and has been dominating and getting faster and faster since he was 12. There is such thing as good genetics ya know...

Until he tests positive....he will be the 22 year who is about to break the 400m record and then proceed to break his own records. 6'5 195....extremely lean and extremely fast.

hateraid
08-18-2009, 12:01 AM
WOW calling my mum a retard set a right old argument off lol. that was truely astounding. anyhoo, in many ways i am equally astounded that gay ran 9.71 i thought only bolt had that kind of speed

I actually was talking about it at work today and the two girls who worked with me never heard of the guy. These are legitemate sports fans too.

supersmashbros
08-18-2009, 12:07 AM

I know. Better much every athlete in that event or similar events is on steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. The thing is as long as you aren't caught you can't be proven guilty. Just be careful and your get away with it!

Kebab Stall
08-18-2009, 04:06 AM
I guarantee you, Bolt will break this again. I could see him running a 9.5 and not be surprised.

If you watch the replays, he still kind of let up the last step or two when he looked back. If he didn't look back and know he would win, and went 100%, he'd shave off even more time.

The guy's a monster.
The guys's acceleration is insane and unlike others, he can keep accelerating for much longer than other sprinters. If you watch the race, he didn't slow down, he just stopped accelerating, he didn't lose any speed. If he ran like he did in last year's Olympic 200m final where he was still gaining speed even at the end of the race, then he could put up the most ridiculous 100m we may ever see.

Come to think of it, it's challenge to think of superlatives for this guy, because the ones we already have, just aren't good enough.

LJJ
08-18-2009, 04:20 AM
It seems like all I'm hearing is: "He slowed down at the end", "He will easily beat this record".

He just ran 9:58!!!!!

plowking
08-18-2009, 04:28 AM
It seems like all I'm hearing is: "He slowed down at the end", "He will easily beat this record".

He just ran 9:58!!!!!

He could have run 4.72 if he just sprinted at the end.

Kebab Stall
08-18-2009, 04:32 AM
Did anyone just see Bolt run the 200m? It's only heats at the moment though.

He jogged, literally, we all say he looks like he's jogging in his races, but he seriously just f*cking waltzed round the track and got 20.7.

He did look a bit tired though, didn't look too fresh.

plowking
08-18-2009, 04:57 AM
Did anyone just see Bolt run the 200m? It's only heats at the moment though.

He jogged, literally, we all say he looks like he's jogging in his races, but he seriously just f*cking waltzed round the track and got 20.7.

He did look a bit tired though, didn't look too fresh.

Is he running the 400 as well?

I looked at his PB for the 400 and its in the 45's. I'd say Johnson's record is safe in this circumstance.

Kebab Stall
08-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Is he running the 400 as well?

I looked at his PB for the 400 and its in the 45's. I'd say Johnson's record is safe in this circumstance.
Not this year. He might do in a couple of years. The 400m is speed endurance and is a completely different animal to the 100m which is just pure sprinting. Once he's had enough of the 100m, he might move on to the 400m.

Quata
08-18-2009, 05:57 AM
mbell you are retarded, human genetics are continuing to evolve and become stronger/faster/taller, like every generation on average is getting a few cms taller or some ****, its the same with athletics, genetics continue to improve so people will continue to run faster.

Brunch@Five
08-18-2009, 06:24 AM
that guy who said there is no skill involved in sprinting, or track/field in general is obviously an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
You can always improve your technique.

And some guys are simply "mutants", incredible physical specimen. I don't see anyone running around accusing LeBron James of PEDs, and he's just as much a monster as Usain Bolt.

Butters
08-18-2009, 07:19 AM
mbell you are retarded, human genetics are continuing to evolve and become stronger/faster/taller, like every generation on average is getting a few cms taller or some ****, its the same with athletics, genetics continue to improve so people will continue to run faster.

There is going to be a cap sooner or later.A time set that nobody will be able to be beat,only tied.

Brunch@Five
08-18-2009, 07:47 AM
There is going to be a cap sooner or later.A time set that nobody will be able to be beat,only tied.

That would mean that a perfect human being, or at least the perfect sprinter would exist. There is always room for improvement. You can always have one muscle more, have an even better start.

Showtime
08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
I just watched the women's final, and gottam what a lineup of asses. I don't get how some guys aren't into black women...

Reef
08-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Women's 100m Hurdles Heats starting at 12:10pm EST.
Men's 200m Quarterfinals starting at 12:55pm EST
Women's 400m Final starting at 1:35pm EST.

http://www.atdhe.net/8518/watch-iaaf-world-championships-in-athletics

Gay's not running in the 200. :mad:

Reef
08-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Found a better link:

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-iaaf-world-championships.html

100m hurdles starting now.

Reef
08-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Quarterfinals for 200 starting soon.

Kebab Stall
08-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Bolt just pretty much walked around the track again.

Also, on a unrelated note, Philips Idowu just had a monsterous jump in the triple jump and is now leading by 20cm in the final.

WhiteMosɘs
08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Bolt just pretty much walked around the track again.

Also, on a unrelated note, Philips Idowu just had a monsterous jump in the triple jump and is now leading by 20cm in the final.

200s already happened?

Kebab Stall
08-18-2009, 02:56 PM
200s already happened?
1st round was this morning, 2nd was done this afternoon and the semis and finals will be on Thursday, I believe.

Also, update on Idowu - he won the triple jump. Which is great news for him and Great Britain. After his silver medal in Beijing, he needed to get gold here and I'm glad he did.

Edit: The semis for the 200m will be tomorrow and the finals will be on Thursday.

WhiteMosɘs
08-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Damn Kenya is good at long runs. This might be a dumb question but do they have the most elite training set up for it because they kill in all those big marathons and these races, or is it just their genes, they're predisposed to running long ass distances?

picc84
08-18-2009, 03:10 PM
In 100 years they'll be calling Bolt slow.

rezznor
08-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Damn Kenya is good at long runs. This might be a dumb question but do they have the most elite training set up for it because they kill in all those big marathons and these races, or is it just their genes, they're predisposed to running long ass distances?
Kenya is very high above sea level and that helps with their training tremendously.

phoenix18
08-18-2009, 03:56 PM
In 100 years they'll be calling Bolt slow.
There is a limit to human performance.

picc84
08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Thats what they said all those years ago when it was theorized no one would ever break 9.60 in the 100. And now look at us.

I just hope I get to look down from heaven one day to witness this.

http://marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/3/31/QuicksilverApoc442.jpg/440px-QuicksilverApoc442.jpg

Reef
08-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Men's 400m Semis at 12:15pm EST
Women's 100m Hurdles Semis at 12:45pm EST
Men's 200m Semis at 1:25pm EST
Women's 200m Opening Heats at 1:45pm EST
Men's 1500m Final at 2:25pm EST
Women's 100m Hurdles Final at 3:15pm EST

http://www.atdhe.net/8518/watch-iaaf-world-championships-in-athletics

Brunch@Five
08-19-2009, 11:46 AM
After rewatching the women's 400m: Sanya Richards >> Serena Williams

Reef
08-19-2009, 11:57 AM
After rewatching the women's 400m: Sanya Richards >> Serena Williams

Agreed. Sanya could get it.

Reef
08-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Another link, in case of problems:

http://www.atdhe.net/7577/watch-iaaf-world-championships-in-athletics

Reef
08-19-2009, 01:20 PM
200m semis (BOLT!!!) starting in 5mins!

Reef
08-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Wow! Bolt shuts it down with 100 to go and runs 20.08!!!

Kebab Stall
08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Not to mention that he's fatigued and has said numerous times that he is tired all the time.

I doubt we see him break the record again. He knows he's going to win and there's no one who can even remotely challenge him. I recon he will run 19.5-19.7ish in the final.

Reef
08-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Not to mention that he's fatigued and has said numerous times that he is tired all the time.

I doubt we see him break the record again. He knows he's going to win and there's no one who can even remotely challenge him. I recon he will run 19.5-19.7ish in the final.

Ya I see him running 19.5, MAYBE 19.4.

HighFlyer23
08-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Ya I see him running 19.5, MAYBE 19.4.

Depends on his mood really :lol

If he feels like breaking it, he will

Reef
08-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Men's 110M Hurdles Semis at 12:15pm EST
Women's 200M Semis at 1:50pm EST
Men's 200M Final at 2:35pm EST
Men's 110M Hurdles Final at 2:55pm EST

http://www.atdhe.net/8452/watch-iaaf-world-championships-in-athletics-

and1
08-20-2009, 01:20 PM
i think he is doped

phoenix18
08-20-2009, 01:24 PM
i think he is doped
I dont think so. Dude is just fast as hell. You could say the same thing about Lebron too.

Reef
08-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Is Bolt running today? I'll tune in if he is.

Yup. 2:35pm EST.

Reef
08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
5 mins to BOLT!!!

phoenix18
08-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Will he touch 19.00? He can.......
Who wants to bet? Its time son. HAHA

Reef
08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Who wants to bet? Its time son. HAHA

No way he'll get sub 19. I'll use any avatar you want for a month if he does.

phoenix18
08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Silly David, thinking he can win.

sunsfan1357
08-20-2009, 02:37 PM
19.2!

quasimoto
DAMN :oldlol:

phoenix18
19.20 How did you guys beat me to it?

picc84
19:19

Reef
08-20-2009, 02:38 PM
19.20!!!!!!!!!! Holy Shiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IlliniFan
19.19 actually

Kebab Stall
Another world record. Insane.

I didn't think he'd do it AND he slowed down AND he's tired after running so many races in such a short time.

19.19 - ridiculous!

HighFlyer23
19.19 fools

Reef
Crushed the old record by .11 again!!!

picc84
08-20-2009, 02:39 PM
haha check the swag. I love how cocky this dude is. :oldlol:

phoenix18
I am really interested to see what I can run in the 100 and 200 meters. Just for curiosity

sunsfan1357
19.19 fools

Eh clock said 19.20 when he finished, 19.19 was displayed as the official time later.

Kebab Stall
08-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Crushed the old record by .11 again!!!
Most guys would be lucky to chipping away just .01 seconds off of world record times, but Bolt is taking a sledge hammer to these times and just destroying them.

sunsfan1357
08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
I thought the false start would slow everyone up by making them a tad slower off the blocks but man Bolt just dominated from beginning to end.

Kebab Stall
08-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I thought the false start would slow everyone up by making them a tad slower off the blocks but man Bolt just dominated from beginning to end.
Bolt was the one who actually tried to jump the gun aswell. Although lane 2 was officially said to have done the false start. But Bolt blatantly was trying to jump it aswell.

HighFlyer23
08-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Most guys would be lucky to chipping away just .01 seconds off of world record times, but Bolt is taking a sledge hammer to these times and just destroying them.

yeah ... its getting stupid how much better this guy is than anyone else :lol

phoenix18
08-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Bolt was the one who actually tried to jump the gun aswell. Although lane 2 was officially said to have done the false start. But Bolt blatantly was trying to jump it aswell.
I think I could beat him in a race. I couldnt help myself. Sorry

phoenix18
08-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah, probably with a baseball bat :oldlol:
I never said a foot race. HAHA.

Reef
08-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Can't wait to see him start running the 400. I read he ran a 45 second 400 on a grass track!

picc84
08-20-2009, 02:48 PM

Thats b/c he's a lot faster than what likes to put on. He wants to destroy the record every time he races. The next time he does this it will be like 19.10 or something. He's still holding back.

HighFlyer23
08-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Can't wait to see him start running the 400. I read he ran a 45 second 400 on a grass track!

calm down :lol

HighFlyer23
08-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Thats b/c he's a lot faster than what likes to put on. He wants to destroy the record every time he races. The next time he does this it will be like 19.10 or something. He's still holding back.

Agree ... he did try this time but wasn't huffing and puffing like the other runners ...

Kebab Stall
08-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I don't know if anyone seen Bolt run the 150m in Manchester a couple of months ago, but he done a flying 100m of about 8.7 seconds. Not only that, but the track was absolutely soaked.

Kebab Stall
08-20-2009, 02:55 PM
I know. I've never seen him run flat out in 100m and I think it will be some time before we do see him do that.

In that 200m he just ran though, he was clearly fatigued. He just had an interview with the BBC track side team and he was saying how it was such a poor race for him, because he was so tired and that he was losing form - which is true. His shoulders were rocking back and forth he had to really dig down and you could see the effort on his face. Imagine if he had been completely fresh for that race. He could probably get down to 19 seconds or so.

Kebab Stall
08-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah I saw that!

I can't believe he just smashed this again! When is he running the 400?

On a side note he's probably my favorite athlete right now... So impressive and cocky, I love it.
Nothing definitive has come out about him running the 400m yet, but I'm sure he'll be doing to soon.

I doubt he'll be running the 100m, 200m and 400m at one major event thought. Maybe once he gets bored of the 100m he'll move to the 400m.

Kebab Stall
08-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh okay. The way people were talking I was thinking he might be doing it at this event.

I'm pretty sure he'll do it at some point though. I mean, why not? If I was him I'd race in anything I could smash a record in.
He didn't enter the heats for this year and the final is tomorrow.

There's no way he enters for all three events at one major event (Olympics or World Championships), because it would be far too much. You have to go through 3 rounds before you get to the final. That would be 12 races in total for Bolt. That is far too much, especially over the course of only 1-2 weeks.

Reef
08-20-2009, 03:24 PM
He didn't enter the heats for this year and the final is tomorrow.

There's no way he enters for all three events at one major event (Olympics or World Championships), because it would be far too much. You have to go through 3 rounds before you get to the final. That would be 12 races in total for Bolt. That is far too much, especially over the course of only 1-2 weeks.

Ya he's not doing it right now, but he said he wants to start competing in it in 2010.

Reef
08-20-2009, 03:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjHQZ2VNUyw

quasimoto
08-20-2009, 03:33 PM
You can't tell for sure if he would be as effective on the 400m. One of the big reasons he is so quick is because he extremely explosive for someone his size. He takes as many steps as his opponents even though his legs are a lot longer. (He does 2.2m per step I believe) That advantage is less important if the distance isl arger.

HighFlyer23
08-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I hope he eventually does run in the 400m ... just to see the damage he can do .. and this is the first time I've seen a white guy in a sprint :lol

steeph28
08-20-2009, 10:45 PM
You can't tell for sure if he would be as effective on the 400m. One of the big reasons he is so quick is because he extremely explosive for someone his size. He takes as many steps as his opponents even though his legs are a lot longer. (He does 2.2m per step I believe) That advantage is less important if the distance isl arger.

While endurance does play a major role in the long sprints, the mere fact that he has run 19.19 for the 200 shows his potential to obliterate (yes break 43) the 400m WR. It's really up to him whether he has the dedication training-wise to move up. I certainly believe that his large stride would be just as much of a factor in a 400--he is still sprinting.

Reef
08-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Men's High Jump Final 1:15pm EST
Men's 4x100m Heats 1:30pm EST
Women's 1500m Semis 2pm EST
Men's 800m Semis 2:30pm EST
Women's 200m Final 3pm EST
Men's 400m Final 3:20pm EST

http://www.atdhe.net/7577/watch-iaaf-world-championships-in-athletics

supersmashbros
08-21-2009, 12:37 PM
That's because on a longer race he wouldn't have the gas to last so long, so ppl with smaller strides but more endurance will eventually catch up and may even pass him.

Reef
08-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Relays just started.

Kebab Stall
08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
It's a shame that Bolt isn't taking part in the relays, but GB qualified, so I'm happy.

Reef
08-21-2009, 02:32 PM
It's a shame that Bolt isn't taking part in the relays, but GB qualified, so I'm happy.

He's not taking part in the opening heats only I think.

Kebab Stall
08-21-2009, 02:34 PM
He's not taking part in the opening heats only I think.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that. I heard the announcers say that he wasn't competing, but they said nothing about whether it would just be this particular heat or the entire event. But, since it's his birthday, I guess it'd be just this heat.

sunsfan1357
08-22-2009, 02:55 PM
I was kinda pissed that I missed the 400m final between Merritt and Wariner. Seems like Merritt has Wariner's number now, though Wariner did say he wasn't in race shape as his training was hindered by an injury.

And yes Jamaica in 4 X 100 via domination.

Kebab Stall
08-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Whoo! Team GB got a bronze in the relay, yeah!

Jamaica were also impressive, too bad they didn't get the WR. Bolt could have gotten yet another, 3 golds and 3 world records.