PDA

View Full Version : Beasley admitted into rehab

Copperhead
08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-beasleyheat082409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

DuMa
08-24-2009, 12:27 PM
life is not cool for supercoolbeas right now.

Interminator
08-24-2009, 12:30 PM
:roll:

BigTicket
08-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Wow, not looking good.

He's still young and obviously talented, but substance abuse problems this early ?

Chicago has to be feeling pretty ****ing good about going with Rose right about now.

Rekindled
08-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow, not looking good.

He's still young and obviously talented, but substance abuse problems this early ?

Chicago has to be feeling pretty ****ing good about going with Rose right about now.

you mean the guy that cheated to get into college?

Foster5k
08-24-2009, 12:52 PM
I think he'll bounce back. He needs some good leadership, in his life, before he ends up dead or in jail. I wish the best, for him, and I hope this rehab will help him re-evaluate his life and the people he associate with, etc.

OneMoreSucka
08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
I hope to god this isn't rehab for weed. What a joke.

hawkfan
08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Hopefully he gets his problems resolved. Better to go to rehab early in his career versus going when he is dead broke and old.

Foster5k
08-24-2009, 12:57 PM

The joke is that you think smoking weed is legal. Also, Beasley was posting some suspicious comments, on his blog, about he's tired of life and he's done, with life, etc. This is not just for an illegal substance, but he needs some psychological help.

angelv05
08-24-2009, 12:57 PM

Agree. Rehab really isn't necessary. :oldlol:

-M-I
08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
The joke is that you think smoking weed is legal. Also, Beasley was posting some suspicious comments, on his blog, about he's tired of life and he's done, with life, etc. This is not just for an illegal substance, but he needs some psychological help.

Exactly, a lot of people are gonna come in here and make fun. But at least he's doing something about it.

beasted86
08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

This just came out of nowhere. The Heat just threw whatever trade stock Beasley had out the window.

The guy can flat out play... and hasn't had any disputes with teammates or coaches, but I guess we're getting an insight on these "character issues" that followed him into the draft.

Interminator
08-24-2009, 01:00 PM
You do realize people can become addicted to weed right?

Kids these days.:oldlol:

mongePR(kb24)
08-24-2009, 01:01 PM

yea, the rookie of the year.

KB2009Champ
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
I think its great that the Heat are making him do this now.

If he doesn't get it after this he might not ever get it.

I really just dont get how dumb some of these players are though.

You are freakin rich and you get to play a game for your job.

Get it together!!!

Both he and Rose make that draft class look talented but shady.

phoenix18
08-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Wade should bounce like a spalding after this year.

Interminator
08-24-2009, 01:03 PM
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

This just came out of nowhere. The Heat just threw whatever trade stock Beasley had out the window.

The guy can flat out play... and hasn't had any disputes with teammates or coaches, but I guess we're getting an insight on these "character issues" that followed him into the draft.
Yup.

NuggetsFan
08-24-2009, 01:06 PM

Kids these days.:oldlol:

:roll: :roll: Are you serious? rehab for weed??:ohwell:

JayGuevara
08-24-2009, 01:06 PM
I just keep thinking of Half Baked when Dave Chappelle is in rehab for weed and Bob Saget berates him and talks about suckin dick for blow. :oldlol:

And if Beasley can't win for losin, I don't even wanna know what my life is considered. They say money doesn't buy happiness, but poverty can't buy a got damn thing, let alone happiness. :oldlol:

Foster5k
08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
:roll: :roll: Are you serious? rehab for weed??:ohwell:

Since when was smoking weed legal? I guess it's not so funny once you're charged with possession and serving jail time huh?

Mikaiel
08-24-2009, 01:11 PM

No you can't.

phoenix18
08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I just keep thinking of Half Baked when Dave Chappelle is in rehab for weed and Bob Saget berates him and talks about suckin dick for blow. :oldlol:

And if Beasley can't win for losin, I don't even wanna know what my life is considered. They say money doesn't buy happiness, but poverty can't buy a got damn thing, let alone happiness. :oldlol:
Jay, you need to get out of the D. I see the desperation in your posts. Tough times. Can you believe that 5 years ago the Pistons were parading though the streets? Seems like a decade.

Copperhead
08-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Stop saying going to rehab for weed is a joke. Apparently he has issues (maybe even issues outside of weed) if he's talking about how life is not worth living. It's good that he's going in to seek help for whatever his problems are.

andgar923
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Oh no..... not supercool :(

gasolina
08-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Does the NBA have anything against illegal substances? I don't know for sure, but considering how image-conscious the league has become, there might be something.

If player X admits to rehab, clearly he's using illegal substances. His team should suspend him if not the league for doing so.

Crazy that's its teams, not the league who suspends players from getting jail time.

G.O.A.T
08-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Super Crazy Beas?

JayGuevara
08-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Does the NBA have anything against illegal substances? I don't know for sure, but considering how image-conscious the league has become, there might be something.

If player X admits to rehab, clearly he's using illegal substances. His team should suspend him if not the league for doing so.

Crazy that's its teams, not the league who suspends players from getting jail time.

Not necessarily. What if Player X has an injury or disorder or something, where a doctor prescribes him a legal substance? Say Beasley suffers from anixety/depression, and is taking xanax or some ****. And becomes dependent on them. Is that necessarily a confession of using illegal substances? Or taking a fully legal substance that is known to be addictive?

Or painkillers, as I would assume those are pretty prevalent in the NBA/all sports. :confusedshrug:

It's not like he's out buyin heroin if he's given the drugs by the doctor and just misuses them.

Interminator
08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
No you can't.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Whatever, you can become addicted to anything if you use it enough. Thats pretty simple, maybe you'll learn that in 10th grade kid.

CavsLebronMo
08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Anybody who goes to rehab for weed is a bum. Or an idiot.

CavsLebronMo
08-24-2009, 01:26 PM

Whatever, you can become addicted to anything if you use it enough. Thats pretty simple, maybe you'll learn that in 10th grade kid.
It can be habit forming but it has no addicting abilities. It's been proven and said over a million times.

quasimoto
08-24-2009, 01:27 PM
No you can't.
Of course you can.

Mikaiel
08-24-2009, 01:29 PM

The only addictive thing with weed is the tobacco you mix it with.

And I know what I'm talking about. I used to smoke every single day for several months, and it was really easy to quit ...

phoenix18
08-24-2009, 01:31 PM

And I know what I'm talking about. I used to smoke every single day for several months, and it was really easy to quit ...
Stop arguing with him. Please.

Foster5k
08-24-2009, 01:37 PM

:oldlol:

I hope you're not serious?

Of course, a person can become addicted to Marijuana(weed). I guess all those thousands of people entering rehab, for their compulsive need(addiction), to use Marijuana, are there just for fun. Maybe you can go preach your ideas, to those rehabilitation workers, who see countless people, who are addicted, to Marijuana, on a daily basis.

Mikaiel
08-24-2009, 01:42 PM

Of course, a person can become addicted to Marijuana(weed). I guess all those thousands of people entering rehab, for their compulsive need(addiction), to use Marijuana, are there just for fun. Maybe you can go preach your ideas, to those rehabilitation workers, who see countless people, who are addicted, to Marijuana, on a daily basis.

If you're addicted to weed, then there's something wrong with you. You should go to a mental hospital or something, not rehab.

Copperhead
08-24-2009, 01:46 PM
I personally know someone who seem to can't stop smoking weed. It's an addiction. Call it what you want but it's an addiction. If someone is saying one can't become addicted to marijuana, then they're simply in denial.

bdreason
08-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Technically, you can't be physically addicted to marijuana.

However, you can be mentally addicted to anything (including marijuana).

I question the mental strength of anyone who can't kick a marijuana addiction though.

I bet this "rehab" is just a punishment by the Heat for Beasley bringing drama on the team with his twitter BS.

Myth
08-24-2009, 01:51 PM
I think you guys are arguing due to different definitions of addiction. (1) Some view addictions as something that simply becomes hard for somebody to quit (aka habit forming). (2) Some view addictive substances as those that have gross physiological effects on the body where functioning becomes severely more difficult when said addicted person is going through withdrawal.

Mikaiel is obviously coming from perspective 2 while some of you other guys are coming from perspective 1. Neither are necessarily wrong.

Copperhead
08-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Where's the picture? I just saw someone on another site say it looks like there was another baggie with something else in it to the left of the 7-up bottle.

In any event, if he needs help for his issues, whatever they are, hopefully he's going to the right place.

boozehound
08-24-2009, 01:53 PM

you should bother to do some basic research into how the medical community defines and uses the word addictive. You sound like a person who took the DARE propaganda to heart.

The science shows that weed, while it can be habituating, is not an addictive substance (due primarily to the low dosage needed for effect and the lack of gross physiological change associated with dependence). In order for a substance to be considered addictive, it needs to change the body's physiology. Weed does not meet that criteria and is a habituating substance.

Foster5k
08-24-2009, 02:02 PM
you should bother to do some basic research into how the medical community defines and uses the word addictive. You sound like a person who took the DARE propaganda to heart.

The science shows that weed, while it can be habituating, is not an addictive substance (due primarily to the low dosage needed for effect and the lack of gross physiological change associated with dependence). In order for a substance to be considered addictive, it needs to change the body's physiology. Weed does not meet that criteria and is a habituating substance.

Sounds like you need to understand that just because some research has been done, doesn't mean it's end all be all. There have been countless cases, in the past, where scientific research has been proved wrong, by future research. So, you can't sit here and say 100% fact that a person cannot become addicted, to Marijuana.

Forgetting all that. Like you said it can cause a serious habit, to form, which would require some type of rehabilitation or super strong will power, which a lot of people lack. While some people can kick habits, by themselves, other people need help.

barbaroi
08-24-2009, 02:06 PM

Who gives a flying **** what you want to call it. Addictive or Habit-forming, whatever. The point is if he's having trouble kicking the "habit" as you want to call it, then he should get help, and you losers of the world who glorify marijuana as your means of finding excitement in the day shouldn't bag on Beasley because he's seen the error of his way.

boozehound
08-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Sounds like you need to understand that just because some research has been done, doesn't mean it's end all be all. There have been countless cases, in the past, where scientific research has been proved wrong, by future research. So, you can't sit here and say 100% fact that a person cannot become addicted, to Marijuana.

Forgetting all that. Like you said it can cause a serious habit, to form, which would require some type of rehabilitation or super strong will power, which a lot of people lack. While some people can kick habits, by themselves, other people need help.
what a weak argument that shows very little understanding of the scientific method. 100%, huh.

Look, I never said rehab for weed is ridiculous, just that you are getting your panties in a bunch over something you dont have a basic understanding of. Weed is not addictive. Unless it causes gross physiological changes and impairs the normal functioning of the body, it CANNOT BE. This has been shown time and time again in medical studies.

Great, beas is being forced into a rehab program that he will resent and learn nothing from.

boozehound
08-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Who gives a flying **** what you want to call it. Addictive or Habit-forming, whatever. The point is if he's having trouble kicking the "habit" as you want to call it, then he should get help, and you losers of the world who glorify marijuana as your means of finding excitement in the day shouldn't bag on Beasley because he's seen the error of his way.
if you really think he is entering rehab because he sees his error and wants help you are fooling yourself. Its a PR move and probably top-downed by the heat or the league.

If you are going to adamantly defend a point of view (like foster5k did), at least use the correct terminology. Sure, rehab can help people overcome strongly habitualized behaviors as well as genuinely addictive ones.

quasimoto
08-24-2009, 02:12 PM
If you're addicted to weed, then there's something wrong with you.
Duh. :oldlol:

You underestimate the mental effects using weed can have. FYI: there are people who need to go to rehab because they're addicted to gaming, their Blackberry or even sex. Being addicted doesn't always equal shivering and sweating.

niko
08-24-2009, 02:13 PM
An athlete who cheated on his grades vs. a guy with pschological problems and substance abuse problems. You find these two things equate?

GabeIsGone
08-24-2009, 02:13 PM

Ugh oh i think i might have an addiction to soda, think i might check myself into rehab.

JayGuevara
08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Technically, you can't be physically addicted to marijuana.

However, you can be mentally addicted to anything (including marijuana).

This. You can be mentally "addicted" to anything, whether it's fast food, sex, drugs, alcohol, ISH, etc.

Complete and utter dependency and physical addiction is much different.

It's not necessarily anything that can be "bad" for you, it's the excess. Excessive amounts of damn near anything can be disastrous. From water to solitude to gambling to heroin. Ya dig?

Mikaiel
08-24-2009, 02:20 PM
The point is if he's having trouble kicking the "habit" as you want to call it, then he should get help

Yeah maybe, but it's ridiculous. You don't have any side effects when you quit. It's not like when you quit smoking tobacco for example. Your body just doesn't care if you don't give it weed anymore. It does not care. You won't ever say "Damn I really need to smoke some weed right now". You won't be shaking all day, you won't have any trouble sleeping, etc ...

And your life is not in danger like when you quit alcohol for example.

If you can't quit, then you're really weak and I don't think you'll find the answers you're looking for in rehab.

Foster5k
08-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Ugh oh i think i might have an addiction to soda, think i might check myself into rehab.

Nice try, but soda, unlike marijuana, isn't illegal. To all the people saying, he shouldn't be in rehab, for weed, don't seem to get the fact that it's illegal. We're not talking about soda, food, etc; we're talking about marijuna, which is an illegal substance. If a person has a habit/addiction, to an illegal substance, and they cannot stop on their own power, common sense tells that person, to go get some help, which is was Beasley is doing.

kentatm
08-24-2009, 02:22 PM

if you look at the picture in question, behind teh bottle of soda is something white that looks a bit like crack rocks or coke.

boozehound
08-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Nice try, but soda, unlike marijuana, isn't illegal.
legality has nothing to do with whether a substance is addictive. You are conflating two very different issues.

Caffeine is one of the more addictive substances outthere.

Foster5k
08-24-2009, 02:28 PM
legality has nothing to do with whether a substance is addictive. You are conflating two very different issues.

Caffeine is one of the more addictive substances outthere.

I didn't say legality had anything to do with how addictive or non addictive a substance is or isn't. I was stating that soda, unlike marijuana, is legal. If you're addicted to soda, who cares. However, if you're addicted or have a habit, to using marijuana, the police care, and they can take you to jail and fine you, etc. That's the point I was trying to make. Obviously, you lost track somewhere. I hope this gets you back on track.

kentatm
08-24-2009, 02:37 PM
http://images.sportsbybrooks.com/a/f/afb268bd0018d4947693ef265420e12c_supercoolbeas.jpg

look behind the soda.

link (http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/nice-tattoos-michael-beasley-but-is-that-weed-25719)

08-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Nice try, but soda, unlike marijuana, isn't illegal. To all the people saying, he shouldn't be in rehab, for weed, don't seem to get the fact that it's illegal. We're not talking about soda, food, etc; we're talking about marijuna, which is an illegal substance. If a person has a habit/addiction, to an illegal substance, and they cannot stop on their own power, common sense tells that person, to go get some help, which is was Beasley is doing.

Nobody gives a **** about people who are smoking weed, he's probably getting help more for his psychological issues than for marijuana.

The "illegal" drug you talk about saves lives everyday, it probably has a broader spectrum of medical uses than anything else we've found on the planet. That's not to mention all the uses hemp has, from BIO DIESEL to CLOTHING to SOAP to FOOD.

Your ignorance level is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

Dumbass.

JayGuevara
08-24-2009, 02:43 PM
if you look at the picture in question, behind teh bottle of soda is something white that looks a bit like crack rocks or coke.

Aside from the terrible tattoos, the only definitive objects in the picture are a bottle of 7Up and a remote control. It's damn near impossible tell the contents of the bag. And whatever is behind the bottle is nowhere near clear enough to tell what it is.

While the one bag more than likely contains reefer, there's no way to tell. And I highly doubt that picture would hold up in court for a possession charge. And alst I checked, you were still supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

Now, checking into rehab doesn't help your case if you're gonna go the deny everything route, but that's irrelevant. Even if there was irrefutable evidence and charges filed, they'd probably all be dropped if he completes the outpatient program or whatever. The only thing people are going on is speculation and the news that he's in rehab. That doesn't mean he's smokin rocks, that doesn't mean he's railin lines every day, it doesn't mean anything except the kid might have made some bad decisions and is trying to deal with them with immense public scrutiny.

Just think if any of us were celebrities. The media and you folks would have a ****ing field day discussing all my past/present/and future indiscretions and problems and issues and etc etc. We all got problems, but we're not all under a spotlight and magnifying glass. Stop condemning the kid, he's 20 years old, aka younger than a lot of us, aka not even old enough to drink legally yet. If there was a record for most of our **** ups during our teenage/early 20's years, I know mine would be as thick as the dictionary. Luckily, nobody is waiting to throw dirt on my name and condemn my existence when I **** up.

Judge not, lest thee be judged.

goldenryan
08-24-2009, 02:43 PM
do you still think the heat have a better chance to make the playoffs than the bulls and sixers now?

Foster5k
08-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Nobody gives a **** about people who are smoking weed, he's probably getting help more for his psychological issues than for marijuana.

The "illegal" drug you talk about saves lives everyday, it probably has a broader spectrum of medical uses than anything else we've found on the planet. That's not to mention all the uses hemp has, from BIO DIESEL to CLOTHING to SOAP to FOOD.

Your ignorance level is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

Dumbass.

If you think nobody gives a sh!t about people, who smoke weed, try smoking some weed, in front of a police officer. You're calling me a dumbass, yet you seem to think nobody, meaning not even cops, cares if you smoke weed or not. I think you need to look in the mirror, when you're calling someone a dumbass.

08-24-2009, 02:48 PM
If you think nobody gives a sh!t about people, who smoke weed, try smoking some weed, in front of a police officer. You're calling me a dumbass, yet you seem to think nobody, meaning not even cops, cares if you smoke weed or not. I think you need to look in the mirror, when you're calling someone a dumbass.

I have this great thing called a medical card that allows me to pretty much smoke wherever I want, and no, the cops here *gasp* don't give a ****. It's pretty similar plenty of areas of the country.

But I'm guessing you live in a conservative area and are a nice big right wing nut job. You don't know **** about Cannabis, so stop trying.

beasted86
08-24-2009, 02:53 PM
An athlete who cheated on his grades vs. a guy with pschological problems and substance abuse problems. You find these two things equate?
Everyone suffers from depression at some point or another, and weed is illegal to use, but is not considered a hardcore substance, or something that can become physically addictive causing withdrawal symptoms...

But someone who cheats all through high school, possibly got someone else to take his SATs, likely paid off teachers with future incentives, etc... is hardly on a higher moral ground than the previous situation. Sorry. Also, for all we know Rose smokes weed too, maybe he just hasn't got caught yet. You can't sound stupider than Beasley in interviews, and not be on some drugs.

AmoebaD
08-24-2009, 02:55 PM
as mentioned earlier, the bigger issue is any psychological problems beasley may have. remember when delonte west was getting treatment for an alleged mood disorder? this may be along the same lines.

let him get whatever treatment he needs and i think it would be nice for delonte to visit him. they come from around the same area and beasley could benefit from interacting with someone like delonte who seems to be handling the league just fine nowadays.

weed, pills, whatever.. if he has some type of mental issues this is the right place for him to go. assuming he does have some sort of problem, he needs to put that weed down. people shouldn't be bashing him for goin to rehab especially since we do not know his whole story and what may be going on in his head.

Knicks101
08-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Well he was obviously on something when he got that tattoo.

John Smith
08-24-2009, 03:04 PM
On RealGM someone blew up the picture of the plastic baggie, that appeared on Beasley's twitter account, and it showed to be white rocks in the bag. So it is either crack or meth that Beasley is smoking. Crack makes sense. You don't see too many naggers on the ice.

Pharcyde
08-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Everyone suffers from depression at some point or another

Not to the point where they check into rehab, seek to get help and cry that their lives suck and needs to be ended on twitter.

But someone who cheats all through high school, possibly got someone else to take his SATs, likely paid off teachers with future incentives, etc... is hardly on a higher moral ground than the previous situation. Sorry. Also, for all we know Rose smokes weed too, maybe he just hasn't got caught yet. You can't sound stupider than Beasley in interviews, and not be on some drugs.

Did he cheat all through high school? You don't know that.
Do you know he paid teachers off, or are you just spouting off more bull ****?

Thom.Yorke
08-24-2009, 03:17 PM
I think he got caught so to get no penalty or a minor one he left to rehab. sounds like he has mental issues as well. I hope he gets better..

you can get addicted to anything food, shopping, liquor, it doesn't always have to be drugs.

kentatm
08-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Aside from the terrible tattoos, the only definitive objects in the picture are a bottle of 7Up and a remote control. It's damn near impossible tell the contents of the bag. And whatever is behind the bottle is nowhere near clear enough to tell what it is.

While the one bag more than likely contains reefer, there's no way to tell. And I highly doubt that picture would hold up in court for a possession charge. And alst I checked, you were still supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

Now, checking into rehab doesn't help your case if you're gonna go the deny everything route, but that's irrelevant. Even if there was irrefutable evidence and charges filed, they'd probably all be dropped if he completes the outpatient program or whatever. The only thing people are going on is speculation and the news that he's in rehab. That doesn't mean he's smokin rocks, that doesn't mean he's railin lines every day, it doesn't mean anything except the kid might have made some bad decisions and is trying to deal with them with immense public scrutiny.

Just think if any of us were celebrities. The media and you folks would have a ****ing field day discussing all my past/present/and future indiscretions and problems and issues and etc etc. We all got problems, but we're not all under a spotlight and magnifying glass. Stop condemning the kid, he's 20 years old, aka younger than a lot of us, aka not even old enough to drink legally yet. If there was a record for most of our **** ups during our teenage/early 20's years, I know mine would be as thick as the dictionary. Luckily, nobody is waiting to throw dirt on my name and condemn my existence when I **** up.

Judge not, lest thee be judged.

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying it looks like what could be. I had enough friends in college that were stupid enough to take pictures with drugs in the background that I can give a good guess. No it wouldn't hold up in court. You are correct. I am not concerned with court issues or legality.

What I am saying is it is HIGHLY unlikely he would get sent to rehab for pot. It is far more likely it is for a substance of a much harder variety.

I never condemned him BTW. Dunno if that part was aimed at me or others in this thread. I was merely stating I think there is little chance he is in rehab for pot. Just not gonna happen these days. If it did, Josh Howard and Micheal Phelps would have taken a trip too.

OneMoreSucka
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
On RealGM someone blew up the picture of the plastic baggie, that appeared on Beasley's twitter account, and it showed to be white rocks in the bag. So it is either crack or meth that Beasley is smoking. Crack makes sense. You don't see too many naggers on the ice.
Please. Blowing up the picture just distorts it more. You can't see **** and you can't definitively call it crack. Jesus Christ.

Pat Reilly
08-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Not to the point where they check into rehab, seek to get help and cry that their lives suck and needs to be ended on twitter.

Until you get paid in six figures to play basketball you will never truly experience that level of depression.

KingJay718
08-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Not surprised. Hopefully he can get his **** together.

xcesswee
08-24-2009, 03:41 PM
LoL.. I'm sure beasley is either checking in for one of two things:

1. He got into some trouble and the Heat are making him check into rehab to save his image and the organization's image.

2. He really does have depression and psychological issues and really does need help.

I really doubt he's going in for marijuana. The moment he comes out of rehab I'm sure he will smoke some bud. I have never heard of anyone going into rehab because they're addicted to marijuana. Most who go into rehab because of marijuana is because they got in trouble with the law and they have two choices:

1. Go to jail for possession.
2. Go to rehab or some substance abuse program...

Such a hard decision...

USAF_AMMO
08-24-2009, 03:47 PM

Replace the "i" with an "a" and it is okay..... Say that to the black kids in your grammer school and see where that gets you.

Pat Reilly
08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
LoL.. I'm sure beasley is either checking in for one of two things:

1. He got into some trouble and the Heat are making him check into rehab to save his image and the organization's image.

2. He really does have depression and psychological issues and really does need help.

I really doubt he's going in for marijuana. The moment he comes out of rehab I'm sure he will smoke some bud. I have never heard of anyone going into rehab because they're addicted to marijuana. Most who go into rehab because of marijuana is because they got in trouble with the law and they have two choices:

1. Go to jail for possession.
2. Go to rehab or some substance abuse program...

Such a hard decision...

I very much doubt Miami cares what Michael Beasley does in his personal life so long as it does not hurt his basketball skills. If he can not keep it private and it reflects badly on the team however...

SCdac
08-24-2009, 03:53 PM
I think somebody with such a high profile, and with such a recent ordeal with weed at the rookie orientation, could definitely be sent to rehab for just weed, as weird as that would be. It'd be as much a PR move than anything. Any player that gets caught with THC in their system is automatically put in a drug counseling program, so this wouldn't be far off. Guys like Josh Howard only admitted to smoking it, never any real evidence other than that. A #2 pick and franchise player like Beasley, I think they're going to try and revamp his image if anything.

kentatm
08-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I think somebody with such a high profile, and with such a recent ordeal with weed at the rookie orientation, could definitely be sent to rehab for just weed, as weird as that would be. It'd be as much a PR move than anything. Any player that gets caught with THC in their system is automatically put in a drug counseling program, so this wouldn't be far off. Guys like Josh Howard only admitted to smoking it, never any real evidence other than that. A #2 pick and franchise player like Beasley, I think they're going to try and revamp his image if anything.

Yes but just how many people these days (that follow the NBA especially) actually think rehab is needed for pot?

I think you would turn more people off with a phony PR move than you would save.

DuMa
08-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Yes but just how many people these days (that follow the NBA especially) actually think rehab is needed for pot?

I think you would turn more people off with a phony PR move than you would save.
the first thing you need to do is stop assuming its pot or any other drugs.

SCdac
08-24-2009, 04:06 PM

conservative "good ole boy" owners and investors maybe. sponsors and endorsments. etc. people who just want to see "change" or "results" regardless of the means, or regardless of if he actually has a serious problem or not.

Undisputed
08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Crazy that the top 3 picks in the 2008 NBA draft have all been involved in scandal.

I don't give a shit about NBA players personal lives, but hopefully Beasley get's whatever it is he needs to get sorted out in this rehab stint. He'll be a really good player in the league for the foreseeable future, and this changes nothing.

Darius
08-24-2009, 04:17 PM
*looks around thread for all the Heat fans that are always on Beasley's jock*

*shakes head*

*leaves*

zabuza666
08-24-2009, 04:20 PM
No you can't.

Funnily enough I have to agree with Inter on this one *shudder*. You can infact become addicted to weed.

Undisputed
08-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Everyone suffers from depression at some point or another, and weed is illegal to use, but is not considered a hardcore substance, or something that can become physically addictive causing withdrawal symptoms...

Nice. So if you can assume Rose paid off teachers, does drugs also, and whatever "etc" suggests, why not speculate that Beasley isn't on crack/meth/etc(?) too while you're at it. :rolleyes:

All the Beasley fans who argued to the death about his character issues are looking a little funny right now. At least no one argued Rose was book smart.

niko
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
The speculation in this thread ranges from bizarre to asinine. I don't think this is a terrible young man but some of you want to speculate that he is basically smoking weed once in a blue moon and the Heat wanted him to go away just to get some good publicity. That's a huge stretch.

srekaL
08-24-2009, 04:45 PM
The point is you'd think that someone like Michael Beasley who made it into the NBA with hard work could quit something as easy as marijuana. Since it's not physically addicting and all you need is a little will power. He's bad PR and the Heat probably wanted him to go to rehab for it to appease the people that are "Anti-Marijuana".

srekaL
08-24-2009, 04:48 PM
BTW if smoking weed becomes a habit then its the same as kicking any other habit. Think about biting your nails. Is that addicting?

boozehound
08-24-2009, 05:08 PM
BTW if smoking weed becomes a habit then its the same as kicking any other habit. Think about biting your nails. Is that addicting?
the point is that addiction is a physiological phenomena. just because a bunch of mentally weak d-bags cant stop gambling, shoe sex, etc., doesnt make it a medical addiction.

beasted86
08-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Nice. So if you can assume Rose paid off teachers, does drugs also, and whatever "etc" suggests, why not speculate that Beasley isn't on crack/meth/etc(?) too while you're at it. :rolleyes:

All the Beasley fans who argued to the death about his character issues are looking a little funny right now. At least no one argued Rose was book smart.

I honestly don't know what the issues are with either Rose or Beasley, but I know their teams & publicists, etc... have done alot to cover up both of their pasts... so we have room to speculate almost anything we want.

But as I said in my first post in this topic, this came out of nowhere. Throughout the season, the coaches praised his work ethic in the gym, and willingness to take the criticism & deal with the scrutiny he's recieved for the first time as a basketball player. Other than the issue at the rookie camp, no other character issues or problems were spoken about to the media.

I also maintain that Rose is no better than Beasley. Both of them are highly flawed individuals who need to mature, and work on their character. I assume if this deception surrounding Rose's high school & college were made light of before the draft he would have carried the same stigma, and possibly even worse... but they weren't. But the fact is both of them can flat out play. I hope these issues are behind them both.

JayGuevara
08-24-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm not saying it is. I'm saying it looks like what could be. I had enough friends in college that were stupid enough to take pictures with drugs in the background that I can give a good guess. No it wouldn't hold up in court. You are correct. I am not concerned with court issues or legality.

What I am saying is it is HIGHLY unlikely he would get sent to rehab for pot. It is far more likely it is for a substance of a much harder variety.

I never condemned him BTW. Dunno if that part was aimed at me or others in this thread. I was merely stating I think there is little chance he is in rehab for pot. Just not gonna happen these days. If it did, Josh Howard and Micheal Phelps would have taken a trip too.

I was just pretty much speaking in broad generalities. It's one of my issues with our society, that you can be drowning, and the seeming majority of people will take that time to berate you for getting yourself into that situation and what you should have done to avoid it, (generally without having much knowledge on the subject either), or they'll just ignore it and turn a blind eye, or whatever, instead of extending a helping hand.

Maybe I'm just an idealist that lives in a fantasy land, or some kinda hippie liberal (word to starface), but I don't see many selfless acts these days, I see a lot more self-absorbed condescending people. :confusedshrug:

Shepseskaf
08-24-2009, 06:19 PM
I assume if this deception surrounding Rose's high school & college were made light of before the draft he would have carried the same stigma, and possibly even worse... but they weren't.
I assume you're not familiar with the institutionalized system of cheating among elite, rich kids to get into Ivy league schools... the ones that have status, but aren't considered "legacies", like Bush.

Compared to what goes on at the highest levels of academia, what Rose did is light indeed. Not that I'm excusing it, I'm just sayin'......

I thought that Paxson was nuts for picking Rose at the #1 spot. Riley also made some very curious statements about Beasely, which indicated he was reluctant to use the #2 pick on him. I guess now we know why.

beasted86
08-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I assume you're not familiar with the institutionalized system of cheating among elite, rich kids to get into Ivy league schools... the ones that have status, but aren't considered "legacies", like Bush.

Compared to what goes on at the highest levels of academia, what Rose did is light indeed. Not that I'm excusing it, I'm just sayin'......

I thought that Paxson was nuts for picking Rose at the #1 spot. Riley also made some very curious statements about Beasely, which indicated he was reluctant to use the #2 pick on him. I guess now we know why.
Yeah, but as you should know about sociological standards... rich white people aren't made out as villains. It's okay to buy your way out of trouble... not to cheat your way out of trouble.

It's just kind of funny all 3 lottery picks have their standing background issues:

Rose - Cheated grades/tests & history wiped out of books
Beasley - Caught for drug abuse twice, sent to rehab
Mayo - Accepted outside money & perks as a college player

Hopefully this isn't a prefix to the future NBA players. :(

ROCSteady
08-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Totally agree w/ Jay. I def have a prob with ppl that speak before they listen type mentality. Seems to be the general normality in this country (which I love BTW) to sit around and make assumptions on people that they only hear a microfraction of what is really involved.

"What's he *****ing for?? He's a millionaire who plays a GAME as a JOB!!"

I mean that mentality seems to more or less reflect the average, everyday worker's bitterness that these dudes lead these easy, fluff lives. Sure they are blessed to ball everyday for stacks. However, we have no idea what type of pressure is being applied everyday. Their craft, while not particularly crucial to society is still all they have in their eyes.

If Beasley is seriously afflicted with a psychologial condition like manic (bi-polar) or major depression, this lifestyle can most certainly be recipe for disastor. People who suffer from depression do not think or behave rationally. Even people who have little to lose, life seems pointless and hopeless and everything is neglected from their everyday walk. Imagine a guy like Beasley who has LOTS to lose feeling this way about his existence. There are numerous people invested in his well-being on the court buzzing in his ear about getting better but, do they really care about his peace of mind and well being within himself?? Even 'unintelligent' people can sense when people are not genuine in their care for them.

Shepseskaf
08-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Yeah, but as you should know about sociological standards... rich white people aren't made out as villains. It's okay to buy your way out of trouble... not to cheat your way out of trouble.

They cheat too.. make no mistake.

It's just kind of funny all 3 lottery picks have their standing background issues:

Rose - Cheated grades/tests & history wiped out of books
Beasley - Caught for drug abuse twice, sent to rehab
Mayo - Accepted outside money & perks as a college player
Rose and Mayo's problems are directly the result of a seriously flawed system that requires kids who are ready for the league to go to a place where they don't want to be, and don't belong -- college.

Eliminate the stupid "one and done" rule and 18 year olds who are ready to be drafted after high school can be do so, and all of the idiotic mess involved in taking payoffs and tainted tests would be eradicated.

niko
08-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Why is Rose getting crap in this thread? It appears Beasley has some pychological issues (depression, etc.) as well as some sort of subtance abuse problem (which you have all assumed to be marijuana for some reason only you are aware of - is he incapable of doing a harder drug? is marijuana addition something also which if it is that, is ok? If he cannot control it ot the point it is being a detriment to his career?)

the whole point of this thread seems to be marginalizing whatever happened to Beasley (you don't know jack **** yet you all have basically forgotten about the suicidal type messages and assumed he is a casual marijuana usage) and blamed everyone else for everything (everyone cheats! everyone smokes dope!)

i've never understood the mind of the NBA fan who wants to make sure people who get paid millions of dollars to play basketball are excused for every mistake they make -god forbid they are criticized.

He ****ed up. He needs help. And, best of all - he's getting it.

beasted86
08-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Why is Rose getting crap in this thread? It appears Beasley has some pychological issues (depression, etc.) as well as some sort of subtance abuse problem (which you have all assumed to be marijuana for some reason only you are aware of - is he incapable of doing a harder drug? is marijuana addition something also which if it is that, is ok? If he cannot control it ot the point it is being a detriment to his career?)

the whole point of this thread seems to be marginalizing whatever happened to Beasley (you don't know jack **** yet you all have basically forgotten about the suicidal type messages and assumed he is a casual marijuana usage) and blamed everyone else for everything (everyone cheats! everyone smokes dope!)

i've never understood the mind of the NBA fan who wants to make sure people who get paid millions of dollars to play basketball are excused for every mistake they make -god forbid they are criticized.

He ****ed up. He needs help. And, best of all - he's getting it.

We are marginalizing it because it's not a big deal. Usually if someone gets help for their problems BEFORE they get out of hand, that's supposed to be a good thing. Whether it was because of the marijuana, depression, or something else, as long as he's taking care of it properly in a healthy manner, and caught it before it got out of hand, it's fine in my book.

And FYI, as far as these "suicidal type messages" that you're saying he was hospitalized for.... he was actually visiting the center BEFORE the whole twitter incident (Link (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-michael-beasley-heat-s082409,0,6924024.story)), so the two are unrelated. Don't spin the situation as if he became so unstable after this incident & due to his twitter comments he was forced to go... :no: . Also Delonte West visited a mental health hospital last offseason, yet nobody seemed to throw speculation on what for... but now all of a sudden because it involves Beasley it's okay to speculate it's because of "doing a harder drug". :confusedshrug:

Like you said, we don't know anything about the full situation, but as long as he's getting help, and caught it before getting out of hand and hurt someone else or the team, I'm okay with whatever it is.

Rob123
08-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Since when was smoking weed legal? I guess it's not so funny once you're charged with possession and serving jail time huh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What planet do you spend most your time on?

Marijuana's is reprimanded with a slap on the wrist.

You really believe Cops spend their time busting Marijuana users? They have way more important things to do. Not to mention wayyy too many people use to effectively be able to crack down on.

niko
08-24-2009, 07:41 PM
We are marginalizing it because it's not a big deal. Usually if someone gets help for their problems BEFORE they get out of hand, that's supposed to be a good thing. Whether it was because of the marijuana, depression, or something else, as long as he's taking care of it properly in a healthy manner, and caught it before it got out of hand, it's fine in my book.

And FYI, as far as these "suicidal type messages" that you're saying he was hospitalized for.... he was actually visiting the center BEFORE the whole twitter incident (Link (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-michael-beasley-heat-s082409,0,6924024.story)), so the two are unrelated. Don't spin the situation as if he became so unstable after this incident & due to his twitter comments he was forced to go... :no: . Also Delonte West visited a mental health hospital last offseason, yet nobody seemed to throw speculation on what for... but now all of a sudden because it involves Beasley it's okay to speculate it's because of "doing a harder drug". :confusedshrug:

Like you said, we don't know anything about the full situation, but as long as he's getting help, and caught it before getting out of hand and hurt someone else or the team, I'm okay with whatever it is.

i'm not saying it's not ok. People have problems. It's good. I'm saying people are assuming it's as benign a thing as possible. It's very possible he is addicted to something heaver. Marijuana addiction to the point it affects your career is also no joke. People lose everything.

There is this assumption that this is no big deal. It may not be, and regardless of whatever it is, it probably turns out ok. But lesser things have spiraled and ruined careers. It's not "nothing". it's not a speeding ticket. its rehab.

i dont think my comment was aimed at you, more at the people who are saying things like "hes ok and "the man" is making him go to rehab to look good." its such an asinine premise, he was tweeting about ending it all. maybe he was joking but thats not a good thing to say for attention.

beasted86
08-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Well players are drug tested randomly 4 times a season. I don't see how an addict gets by that system if doing a much harder drug than Marijuana which stays in your system longer. Just on a comical note... I don't even see how Beasley maintains an afro if using heavy drugs as that would be the easiest source of detection. :lol There is the possibility of abusing a prescribed drug, but again, I don't think whatever problems Beasley has have gotten out of control (yet).

He hasn't been suspended, because the CBA only mandates these tests Oct. 1 - Jun. 30th... and both during the rookie symposium & during this offseason those tests don't apply. So there is a much stronger chance this was a casual use problem, or just an offseason useage problem similar to Josh Howard. If I had to guess, I'd say it was the team that recommended he nip this problem before it gets out of hand, and get treatment for his depression.

I really don't think this is a big deal. Beasley has spoken about wanting to make changes for the better since he's had his first kid a month or two ago, adn the Heat is making the right steps to develop him carefully, with both on the court and off court issues.

SCdac
08-24-2009, 08:29 PM
i'm not saying it's not ok. People have problems. It's good. I'm saying people are assuming it's as benign a thing as possible. It's very possible he is addicted to something heaver. Marijuana addiction to the point it affects your career is also no joke. People lose everything.

There is this assumption that this is no big deal. It may not be, and regardless of whatever it is, it probably turns out ok. But lesser things have spiraled and ruined careers. It's not "nothing". it's not a speeding ticket. its rehab.

i dont think my comment was aimed at you, more at the people who are saying things like "hes ok and "the man" is making him go to rehab to look good." its such an asinine premise, he was tweeting about ending it all. maybe he was joking but thats not a good thing to say for attention.

Eh, I was merely saying that Beasely going to rehab is win-win for everybody. If I'm paying him millions, I'm happy he's submitted himself into rehab, regardless of what he's truly on or going through. There's different aspects to every story, and surely something like this will help his image (as a young kid trying to get better), which in turn affirms faith and trust from his employer. It's like when somebody says "its rehab, or jail", or, "its rehab, or you're contracts being voided".... I'm NOT saying that happened, but of course it's good to see the player or person choose the right path if it ever did happen. Nobody, for various reasons, wants to see him spiral out of control.

But to say some speculation is better than others, its kind of pointless imo because its all just speculation at this point. Who really knows the severity of all this? Do you? I certainly don't. I will admit that I haven't read his twitter posts concerning suicide, and this could very well be more serious than I think. But no one really knows. It could be Beasely smartening up and realizing a move like this helps him in the long run BOTH mentally and financially, who knows.

RoseCity07
08-24-2009, 08:58 PM
I knew this guy had mental issues. Dude just seemed like a something was off about him.

Meticode
08-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Even then they still have to feel good about it compared to Beasley. I don't know the specifics, but how exactly will it effect Rose's NBA career now knowing he cheated it get into college? Will be suspended games or what?

With Beasley it's a much more serious/lingering problem to me that could have reprecussions later if not handled correctly.

G-train
08-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Its pretty whacko that this became a "who has worse problems Beasley vs Rose" discussion.

As a heat fan I have been looking forward to watching B-Easy this season. But more importantly he is person who is obviously having a struggle at the moment, and has the resources and support to go into a facility to get professionally healed.

As to why posters want to mock him for getting help with his condition, you probably need to have a good hard look at yourselves.
Serious.

boozehound
08-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Even then they still have to feel good about it compared to Beasley. I don't know the specifics, but how exactly will it effect Rose's NBA career now knowing he cheated it get into college? Will be suspended games or what?

With Beasley it's a much more serious/lingering problem to me that could have reprecussions later if not handled correctly.
beasley has possible issues with depression (lots of people do) and may have used/abused substances to deal with it. Rose is an unethical slimeball.

boozehound
08-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Well players are drug tested randomly 4 times a season. I don't see how an addict gets by that system if doing a much harder drug than Marijuana which stays in your system longer.
Not sure what you are saying here. Weed stays in your system much longer than pretty much any other drug due to the solubility of THC in fat. So, someone who casually/recreationally used speed/e/coke/smack could get away with it easier if tipped to the test date (i.e. you could lay off it for a couple of days to a week and appear clean, whereas weed takes about 30 days). Is this what you were saying?

Hotwater10
08-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Yall say, He is fine. And that he should not have been suiscidel over that. HE HAS ****ING WEED! And then he prolly came on a forum like this one and read all the crap about him.

maxwellcu
08-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Being not intelligent enough to get into the University of Memphis as a superstar athlete and having your brother take the SATs is a far bigger character flaw than smoking marijuana.

I don't personally smoke weed, and this isn't really the topic of the thread, but if you think that

A) smoking marijuana

is worse than

B) being stupid enough to do what Rose did and cause enormous embarrassment for the university you "attended",

then you have a different outlook on life than I do.

Look at it this way. Which would have extremely severe consequences for a normal, non-high-profile person, and which would be shrugged off and thought very little of? I'll give you a hint: it isn't the activity that many, many million Americans of all ages partake in on a regular basis.

Lebron23
08-24-2009, 11:05 PM
This is not even a Derrick Rose Discussion Thread. Leave the guy alone.

I am glad that Beasley went into rehab. He's a very talented young player.

Beasley has the potential to average over 22 ppg, but he really needs to get his act together.

JayGuevara
08-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Not sure what you are saying here. Weed stays in your system much longer than pretty much any other drug due to the solubility of THC in fat. So, someone who casually/recreationally used speed/e/coke/smack could get away with it easier if tipped to the test date (i.e. you could lay off it for a couple of days to a week and appear clean, whereas weed takes about 30 days). Is this what you were saying?

I was just bout to say the same thing. I think damn near every other readily abused drug is outta your system before the reefer. :confusedshrug:

NuggetsFan
08-24-2009, 11:18 PM
So does anyone know yet if there's been any other drugs confirmed? That one picture looks pretty iffy to me:oldlol:

beasted86
08-24-2009, 11:21 PM
I was talking about hard use of drugs in general, or drugs that last longer than weed.

And btw, no weed doesn't stay in your system longer. THC once metabolized into your system still only lasts about a week, even in urine tests, the most accurate of them.... so long as you're not a heavy frequent user. Coke/crack is about the same. Lesser drugs like meth are the ones your thinking about that last less than weed (1-2 days or even covered by the "masking" drink).

Any heavy habitual user of any of those drugs will still need atleast a week to flush their system, so they'd have to be tipped off a long time before hand.

Hammertime
08-24-2009, 11:50 PM
So, are we to expect a typical celebrity rehab experience here? The kind where he checks himself out in two weeks, having not only conquered his addictions, but also cured himself of whatever mental issues he's been having? All this despite the fact that it takes a regular person years to beat alcoholism, let alone anything harder?

rosonviyavong
08-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Ive heard depression has apart to do with it wahts that about?

beasted86
08-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Ive heard depression has apart to do with it wahts that about?

According to ESPN, the "psychological" part of it has been played up too highly, it's more about the marijuana use.

Just watch the video on the main ESPN article: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4419615&categoryid=2459788

JayGuevara
08-25-2009, 12:24 AM
I was talking about hard use of drugs in general, or drugs that last longer than weed.

And btw, no weed doesn't stay in your system longer. THC once metabolized into your system still only lasts about a week, even in urine tests, the most accurate of them.... so long as you're not a heavy frequent user. Coke/crack is about the same. Lesser drugs like meth are the ones your thinking about that last less than weed (1-2 days or even covered by the "masking" drink).

Any heavy habitual user of any of those drugs will still need atleast a week to flush their system, so they'd have to be tipped off a long time before hand.

Amphetamines
Biphetamine, Dexedrine; Black Beauties, Crosses, Hearts

Attention deficit
Hyperactivity
disorder (ADHD),
obesity, narcolepsy
Injected, oral, smoked, sniffed
Up to 5 days

Cocaine
Coke, Crack, Flake, Rocks Snow
Local Anesthetic, vasoconstrictor
Injected, smoked, sniffed
Up to 7 days

Methamphetamines
Desoxyn; Crank, Crystal, Class, Ice, Speed
ADHD, obesity, narcolepsy
Injected, oral, smoked, sniffed
Up to 5 days

Methylphenidate
Ritalin
ADHD, narcolepsy
Injected, oral
Up to 5 days

Nicotine
Habitrol patch, Nicorette gum, Nicotrol spray, Prostep patch; Cigars, Cigarettes, Smokeless tobacco, Snuff, Spit tobacco
Treatment for nicotine dependence
Smoked, sniffed, oral, transdermal
Up to 5 days

Hallucinogens and Other Compounds

LSD
Acid, Microdot
None
Oral
Up to 8 hours

Mescaline
Buttons, Cactus, Mesc, Peyote
None
Oral
Up to 5 days

Phencyclidine & Analogs
PCP; Angel Dust, Boat, Hog, Love Boat
Anesthetic (veterinary)
Injected, oral, smoked
Up to 8 days

Psilocybin
Magic Mushroom, Purple Passion, Shrooms
None
Oral
Up to 8 hours

Amphetamine variants
DOB, DOM, MDA, MDMA; Adam, Ecstasy, STP, XTC
None
Oral
Up to 5 days

Marijuana
Blunt, Grass, Herb, Pot, Reefer, Sinsemilla, Smoke, Weed
None
Oral
Very Casual

Up to 5 days

Several Times a Week to Habitual

Up to 12 weeks

Hashish
Hash
None
Oral, smoked
Up to 5 weeks

Opioids and Morphine Derivatives

Codeine
Tylenol w/codeine, Robitussin A-C, Empirin w/codeine, Florinal w/codeine
Analgesic, antitussive
Injected, oral
Up to 5days

Heroin
Diacetylmorphine; Horse, Smack
None
Injected, smoked, sniffed
Up to 5 days

Methadone
Amidone, Dolophine, Methadose
Analgesic, treatment for opiate dependence
Injected, oral
Up to 1 week

Morphine
Roxanol, Duramorph
Analgesic
Injected, oral, smoked
Up to 4 days

Opium
Laudanum, Paregoric; Dover's Powder
Analgesic, antidiarrheal
Oral, smoked
Up to 5 days

Depressants

Alcohol
Beer, Wine, Liquor
Antidote for Methanol poisoning
Oral
Up to 24 hours

Barbiturates
Amytal, Nembutal, Seconal, Phenobarbital; Barbs
Anesthetic, anticonvulsant, hypnotic, sedative
Injected, oral
Up to 21 days

Benzodiazepines
Activan, Halcion, Librium, Rohypnol, Valium; Roofies, Tranks, Xanax
Antianxiety, Anticonvulsant, hypnotic, sedative
Injected, oral
Up to 6 weeks

Methaqualone
Quaalude, Ludes
None
Oral
Up to 2 weeks

Oh is that so? :oldlol:

beasted86
08-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Oh is that so? :oldlol:
:wtf:

How much have you had of that list today?

Didn't I say about a week... so long as your not a heavy frequent user?

THC once metabolized into your system still only lasts about a week, even in urine tests, the most accurate of them.... so long as you're not a heavy frequent user

Give yourself a round of applause for posting a page long message to prove me right :applause:

JayGuevara
08-25-2009, 12:42 AM
:wtf:

How much have you had of that list today?

Didn't I say about a week... so long as your not a heavy frequent user?

Give yourself a round of applause for posting a page long message to prove me right :applause:

Considering the fact that this has been an "issue" twice in the past year, it's probably not exactly the most casual once in a blue moon reefer smokin.

And it still doesn't change the fact that you said, "I was talking about hard use of drugs in general, or drugs that last longer than weed.

And btw, no weed doesn't stay in your system longer. THC once metabolized into your system still only lasts about a week, even in urine tests,"

And "Any heavy habitual user of any of those drugs will still need atleast a week to flush their system, so they'd have to be tipped off a long time before hand."

Now, what does it mean when you say "drugs that last longer than weed", when marijuana stays in your system for pretty much the longest amount of time outta the regularly abused drugs out there. Heavy users of any other drug will still test clean before weedheads. As will light users of most other drugs. Therefore, you're still wrong. :confusedshrug:

rosonviyavong
08-25-2009, 12:44 AM
According to ESPN, the "psychological" part of it has been played up too highly, it's more about the marijuana use.

Just watch the video on the main ESPN article: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4419615&categoryid=2459788
Oh so wait what if none of us saw that picture of him and marijuana? Do you think hed still be going too rehad? Cause seems weird to me after all the laughter about that pic happened all of a sudden he goes rehab ..

beasted86
08-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Considering the fact that this has been an "issue" twice in the past year, it's probably not exactly the most casual once in a blue moon reefer smokin.

And it still doesn't change the fact that you said, "I was talking about hard use of drugs in general, or drugs that last longer than weed.

And btw, no weed doesn't stay in your system longer. THC once metabolized into your system still only lasts about a week, even in urine tests,"

And "Any heavy habitual user of any of those drugs will still need atleast a week to flush their system, so they'd have to be tipped off a long time before hand."

Now, what does it mean when you say "drugs that last longer than weed", when marijuana stays in your system for pretty much the longest amount of time outta the regularly abused drugs out there. Heavy users of any other drug will still test clean before weedheads. As will light users of most other drugs. Therefore, you're still wrong. :confusedshrug:

Well I'm not a drug expert, so I assumed there were harder drugs that lasted longer... but I did already know coke/crack, and weed were both about a week's long detection period.

And I don't see how I'm wrong since according to you, weed "has been an 'issue' twice in the past year" and .... "it's probably not exactly the most casual once in a blue moon reefer smokin.".... yet you go on to say weed last the longest... yet Beasley hasn't tested positive by the NBA, hasn't been suspended, etc..

So it just supports my original point, that got responded to about random drug tests 4 times a year, and it being a difficult system to fool every time. :confusedshrug:

Ever take the possibility he's like Josh Howard who admitted to smoking in the offseason, but not during the season? :confusedshrug:

beasted86
08-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Oh so wait what if none of us saw that picture of him and marijuana? Do you think hed still be going too rehad? Cause seems weird to me after all the laughter about that pic happened all of a sudden he goes rehab ..

I really don't know. They said he went to the center since last week, but the don't say when. They don't give a timeline of when the picture was taken, and when he checked in there.

rosonviyavong
08-25-2009, 01:06 AM
I really don't know. They said he went to the center since last week, but the don't say when. They don't give a timeline of when the picture was taken, and when he checked in there.
:confusedshrug:

NuggetsFan
08-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Well I'm not a drug expert, so I assumed there were harder drugs that lasted longer... but I did already know coke/crack, and weed were both about a week's long detection period.

And I don't see how I'm wrong since according to you, weed "has been an 'issue' twice in the past year" and .... "it's probably not exactly the most casual once in a blue moon reefer smokin.".... yet you go on to say weed last the longest... yet Beasley hasn't tested positive by the NBA, hasn't been suspended, etc..

So it just supports my original point, that got responded to about random drug tests 4 times a year, and it being a difficult system to fool every time. :confusedshrug:

Ever take the possibility he's like Josh Howard who admitted to smoking in the offseason, but not during the season? :confusedshrug:

Then why would he have to go to rehab?

beasted86
08-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Then why would he have to go to rehab?

Maybe Riley doesn't even like the occasional offseason :pimp:

JayGuevara
08-25-2009, 01:14 AM
There's ways to beat drug tests. There's not ways to avoid suspicion after Beasley's two "incidents."

NuggetsFan
08-25-2009, 01:41 AM

Maybe Riley doesn't even like the occasional offseason :pimp:

I kinda have a feeling that eventually something else is going to leak out and it's not going to be pot. Maybe I'm way off but I don't see someone like Beasley going to rehab over smoking pot.

beasted86
08-25-2009, 01:43 AM
I kinda have a feeling that eventually something else is going to leak out and it's not going to be pot. Maybe I'm way off but I don't see someone like Beasley going to rehab over smoking pot.
It's possible.... but hopefully wont

NuggetsFan
08-25-2009, 01:57 AM
It's possible.... but hopefully wont

Yeah that'd suck for the Heat and the NBA as a whole ..but still can't believe that he's getting shipped off to rehab for smoking Weed in the offseason when I'm sure there are many players who also are smoking the reefer.

JordanL
08-25-2009, 02:35 AM
No you can't.

Yes you can. It isn't a physical addiction like nicotine, alcohol or heroine, but many people are addicted to weed.

SCdac
08-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Yeah that'd suck for the Heat and the NBA as a whole ..but still can't believe that he's getting shipped off to rehab for smoking Weed in the offseason when I'm sure there are many players who also are smoking the reefer.

It's only an issue when people like you and me are discussing it on public message boards. The youtube era we're in is not kind to slip ups like this twitter thing, or something like Bale ranting on a movie set. It's the most hypocritical bull****, because most of these suits and ties in the league have probably smoked weed before too, but no team wants to be perceived as tolerant toward illegal drug use (whatever it is), especially from their marquee players. The Mavs never asked Josh Howard to go to rehab (as far as I know) but Cuban did say he would "handle it internally" and not necessarily just let it go. Can't blame the Heat for being more proactive than that though... At the same it doesn't seem like Beasely being "shipped off" to jusy any rehabilitation center, apparently John Lucas former NBA player and coach who has helped "troubled players" will be spending time with him, that's pretty problem-specific I'd say. Certainly the Heat staff nudged this whole thing along, and why not, it's in everybody's interest at this point.

hawkfan
08-25-2009, 03:26 AM
It's kind of shocking to see how people in this thread are almost gleeful at Beasley's psychological problems.

Guy has trouble - he needs help.

Hope he gets it and hope he gets better.

hayden695
08-25-2009, 03:42 AM
It's kind of shocking to see how people in this thread are almost gleeful at Beasley's psychological problems.

Guy has trouble - he needs help.

Hope he gets it and hope he gets better.
Same could be said for you judging by some of those threads you've made.

rosonviyavong
08-25-2009, 03:45 AM
Why would he have to go to rehab for just smoking pot? Its not an addictive drug or anything like that ..

brooks_thompson
08-25-2009, 01:24 PM
it's more of a psychological thing, and probably mostly a precaution, based on his last two twitter messages.

god you guys are dumb. nobody needs to rehab for weed

DKLaker
08-25-2009, 01:29 PM
I think he'll bounce back. He needs some good leadership, in his life, before he ends up dead or in jail. I wish the best, for him, and I hope this rehab will help him re-evaluate his life and the people he associate with, etc.

My feeling with him is that he'll end up being another Roy Tarpley.......look him up kids.....lol.
Eventually this guy will get to spend lots of time playing ball in Europe.
Can you say "BUST".

Vince Young......yeah....another one.

Hey, Maybe that's why the Heat wanted Lamar Odom so bad, either to rehab him or give him a babysitter/smoking buddy.....lol.

beasted86
08-25-2009, 01:31 PM
it's more of a psychological thing, and probably mostly a precaution, based on his last two twitter messages.

god you guys are dumb. nobody needs to rehab for weed

:confusedshrug: what the reasoning is.

Weed is addictive... or if your one who wants to be critically technical "it can lead to a recurring compulsion".

It may not be a physically addicting drug, but you can have a mental addiction... just like gambling, porn, computers, etc...

04mzwach
08-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Psychological dependency is part of addiction. I looked it up and I know that weed can lead to depression, etc, etc. There is something called "work addiction," so I'm pretty sure it's possible to get addicted to just about anything. So STFU :cheers:

srekaL
08-25-2009, 02:40 PM
It doesn't matter how non-addicting weed is because its still perceived as addicting and a harmful drug by a majority of people. Albeit those people are wrong but Beasley and the Heat needed to do something to appease the soccer moms and right wing nut jobs. Now this is all on the premise that he just was smoking Marijuana, which looks very unlikely. If Beasley was having depression problems and was talking about killing himself, which he checked into rehab for, then that should lead us to believe that he has a much bigger drug problem.

Ussually people smoke weed to forget about their bigger problems. The Odd thing is one of the Medical uses of Marijuana is to treat depression.

srekaL
08-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Psychological dependency is part of addiction. I looked it up and I know that weed can lead to depression, etc, etc. There is something called "work addiction," so I'm pretty sure it's possible to get addicted to just about anything. So STFU :cheers:

You're wrong, Marijuana doesn't lead to depression. So if he has a bunch of life problems and he smokes Marijuana to forget about them. You say that is what causes his depression?

04mzwach
08-25-2009, 02:55 PM
You're wrong, Marijuana doesn't lead to depression. So if he has a bunch of life problems and he smokes Marijuana to forget about them. You say that is what causes his depression?
I'm not wrong. I wasn't basing it off Beasley. Once you replace the good feeling you once had that you aren't recieving with marijuana, then it becomes a problem. You are psychologically dependent. It doesn't matter whether person A or B got addicted. It's about any person, anytime and anywhere.

OneMoreSucka
08-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Ridiculous. Drugs affect every person differently, who the hell are you to say he smokes to forget about his life problems?

niko
08-25-2009, 03:06 PM
People can get addicted to weed. That chick who was on the Cosby show did porn to pay for her weed addiction. If you are letting strangers **** you to buy drugs, chances are you are addicted pretty badly.

srekaL
08-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Ridiculous. Drugs affect every person differently, who the hell are you to say he smokes to forget about his life problems?

What i was implying is the notion that weed leads directly to depression is false.

On the outside looking in you can easily blame all of this on Marijuana, but we all know that this problem is much deeper than that.

EDIT: Again, this is coming from the premise that he just didn't get sent to rehab to keep good face and solely because of a PR decision.

bdreason
08-25-2009, 03:10 PM
NBA drug tests aren't random.

They give you a date ahead of time when you will be tested.

BFRESH44
08-25-2009, 03:14 PM
It's these very threads where ignorance is displayed at an all-time high. :oldlol:

SCdac
08-25-2009, 03:19 PM
I tend to think some of this can be attributed to the max exposure he got so fast and an ensuing breakdown, not solely drug use (but again it's all speculation). It's got to be tough being a public sports figure, at 20 years old, and still want to have a relatively normal life ala smoking weed, posting on websites, being young, etc. when he says something like "everybody is out to get me!!!", to me that reads like "everybody from all angles won't shut the f up about that damn twitter pic it's literally driving me insane".

Kjeldar
08-25-2009, 04:35 PM

Are you serious? What world do you live in?

Alegedly.

Anyways, what do you prefer?

twolvesfan
08-25-2009, 07:46 PM
What i was implying is the notion that weed leads directly to depression is false.

On the outside looking in you can easily blame all of this on Marijuana, but we all know that this problem is much deeper than that.

EDIT: Again, this is coming from the premise that he just didn't get sent to rehab to keep good face and solely because of a PR decision.
:rolleyes: nothing leads directly to depression

visirale
08-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Lots of ignorance in this thread. You most definitely can be addicted to weed. I've had friends drop out of college because of it. It's not a chemical addiction, but an addiction none-the-less. When you start preferring smoking it to doing your normal everyday activities (school, work, maintaining social relationships) it is an addiction.

305Baller
08-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Weed is psychologically addictive and can be destructive if abused.

Don't get it twisted.

:hammertime:

highwhey
08-25-2009, 09:29 PM
viagra>>>ISH

beasted86
08-25-2009, 09:39 PM
I've read that Beasley was in this same center with John Lucas last season after the whole rookie symposium ordeal.

I wonder why they didn't make a big deal of it them.

MrEncinas
08-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Thought this was interesting.
Michael Beasley's attendance at a Houston-area rehabilitation center had been scheduled for weeks and is connected to a violation the Miami Heat forward committed during last summer's NBA rookie transition program.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketball/story/1202354.html

beasted86
08-26-2009, 01:45 AM
Thought this was interesting.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketball/story/1202354.html
Wow, that clears up alot of uneccesary speculation in this thread. That might warrant it's own topic.

beau_boy04
08-26-2009, 02:18 AM
can you imagine if the Bulls had drafted him over Derrick Rose? :lol the Bulls would've been in such a terrible shape :bowdown:

ihatetimthomas
08-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Weed has nothing that can make you physically addicted to it. But you can become mentally addicted. Smoking weed is really just too easy. Stoners get into routines of smoking and it can become a multiple daily thing. I know people in college who would run their days based on when they were getting high. You can get addicted to anything if you are mentally week. Beasley probably already had some underlying depression of some sort and people like that are always more susceptible to addiction.

ElysiumMagic
08-26-2009, 08:40 AM
I hope he can get this behind him and get his head sorted. He's a really talented player and one that will be hopefully in the league for many years to come.

D-Rose
08-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Let's hope he's alright once he's out of there. Good luck buddy.

LebrickJames84'
08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
What a shady draft class. I thought they could do down as one of the best, which they could, but they have to be up there in the biggest thug draft of all time.

Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, now Michael Beasley all have shady backgrounds