PDA

View Full Version : PS3 vs. 360 debate. Which to get?

beasted86
08-26-2009, 08:16 PM
I've never understood this or asked anyone about it. :confusedshrug:

I mean, I know you can find a debate in anything... Pepsi vs. Coke, McDonalds vs. Burger King, etc... etc...

But most major titles come out for both systems.... I've owned both systems and enjoy both in their own ways. What is the big deal about it?

Kungfro
08-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Most people can only afford one system, so they'll back it up to justify their purchase.

beasted86
08-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Who really plays video games enough to need more than 1 system anyway?

I think I play 5 hours of game time per week. Maybe 2 hours 1 day, 3 hours some other day.

As I said I've owned both and understand the differences. 360 is more of a gamers system. PS3 is a better value, and more of an entertainment system. I sold my 360 for a PS3 because I knew I would never buy Halo, Gears or any of that other kiddie sci-fi exclusive stuff cause I'm simply not into that genre, and that happens to make up the majority of exclusive games.... so no need to continue paying $60 a year. But say by some mishap my PS3 is completely trashed or stolen and I only have enough to afford an Xbox 360, I'd have no problem going back.

I don't know why some people need to throw dirt on the other system, when half of them never even owned both of them. They are just going off hearsay and speculation.

ShannonElements
08-26-2009, 11:46 PM
You consider Gears of War "kiddie"? In that case games like Mario Kart must be down right infantile.

beasted86
08-27-2009, 12:28 AM
You consider Gears of War "kiddie"? In that case games like Mario Kart must be down right infantile.
Maybe kiddie was the wrong word... but it's just sci-fi games in general seem like they are made for teens and overgrown nerds. Don't mean to offend anyone, just speaking my mind.

bdreason
08-27-2009, 02:08 AM
I'm a Playstation fanboy.

Undisputed
08-27-2009, 03:36 AM
Maybe kiddie was the wrong word... but it's just sci-fi games in general seem like they are made for teens and overgrown nerds. Don't mean to offend anyone, just speaking my mind.

Generalize much? If you like to do that, there's also the generalization that video games in general are for teens and overgrown nerds, so it's not good to go there when talking games.

I prefer X-Box. The controller is better(for my hands at least), I like the games better, and I couldn't care less for Blu-Ray and other features the PS3 has to offer. X-Box Live is only 50 a year, that's about 4 dollars month, so paying that for a better service doesn't bother me. I have had experience with the Playstation 3, it's just not for me.

I liked PS2 over the original X-Box. I actually planned on getting a PS3 when I heard about the two systems back when they were released. After I actually experienced both, I changed my mind. I'm no X-Box fanboy, I just liked the 360 better.

bdreason
08-27-2009, 03:44 AM
I actually planned on getting a PS3 when I heard about the two systems back when they were released. After I actually experienced both, I changed my mind.

You mean after you actually experienced the 600$ pricetag on the PS3? Be honest.

AJ2k8
08-27-2009, 04:13 AM
You mean after you actually experienced the 600$ pricetag on the PS3? Be honest.
Why jump to conclusions? He probably just tried both out through friends etc.:confusedshrug:

Undisputed
08-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Price had nothing to do with it. Completely honest. By time I actually went shopping for a console, the 360 and PS3 had just been out about a year and a half.

supersmashbros
08-27-2009, 09:56 AM

I mean, I know you can find a debate in anything... Pepsi vs. Coke, McDonalds vs. Burger King, etc... etc...

But most major titles come out for both systems.... I've owned both systems and enjoy both in their own ways. What is the big deal about it?
It's mainly because the third console in the industry (the Wii) isn't at their caliber. btw, I own a Wii and I am saying this. The Wii isn't inferior to the two, but it has isn't niche. 360 and PS3 are both more appealing towards the hardcore and gaming aficiando markets with their superior hardware. Wii is more Disney-like (the annoying Family Friendly approach Nintendo has been approaching since the GC). Keep in mind the stupid ESRB (gaming censorship) was first published by Nintendo for monitoring the 'inapproriate' content in games.

beasted86
08-27-2009, 10:19 AM
X-Box Live is only 50 a year, that's about 4 dollars month, so paying that for a better service doesn't bother me. I have had experience with the Playstation 3, it's just not for me.

What better service? That ability to report people... only for Xbox to do nothing about it?

Xbox doesn't really have dedicated servers (atleast on the games I liked playing)... so you're basically comparing one P2P network to another P2P network... so all that's left is to speculate that Xbox 360 owners generally pay for better internet services which is way false.

bdreason
08-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Why jump to conclusions? He probably just tried both out through friends etc.:confusedshrug:

Just a guess. The PS2 dominated XBox... and most people that I know wanted a PS3 badly when they came out. Then they saw the 600$ pricetag and limited availability and decided to get a 300$ XBox360 instead.

At this point, I don't think most people would pick a XBox Elite system over a PS3 Slim (with 120G HD, BluRay player, and free online).

Maybe I'm wrong. My brother and best friend both own XBox's and all they do is talk shyt on it all the time (and they've both had to send it back multiple times). Both are buying a PS3 Slim now.

Sonic R
08-27-2009, 03:18 PM
People like to "debate" (more like flame) the other side because they feel the one they have is better.

Both consoles have their pros and cons and neither are perfect or with out flaws.

I have every one of them (Video games is my hobby) and I favor the Xbox for these reasons:

sixerfan82
08-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Who really plays video games enough to need more than 1 system anyway?

Developers.

And..

Most people can only afford one system, so they'll back it up to justify their purchase.

no conscience
08-28-2009, 12:25 AM
I would say that ps3 fanboys are worse in general. It's like some are bitter for buying it with the huge price tag and then seeing 360 having a similar games library.

sixerfan82
08-28-2009, 01:21 AM
I would say that ps3 fanboys are worse in general. It's like some are bitter for buying it with the huge price tag and then seeing 360 having a similar games library.

See, that's the thing, the library is similar, and both consoles have exclusives. That's why you buy systems for the games you want to play, not because "My friends have xbox/ps3"

beasted86
08-28-2009, 01:51 AM
I have to disagree with you there.

It's annoying how some people come up with this unsubstantiated "Xbox servers are better" garbage.... and how some of them truly thought HD DVDs were better than Blu-rays (like literally they would try and debate the technology was equal/better :oldlol:)... and how they'd seriously sit down and argue that somehow a 60 GB Xbox 360 at $299, + $25 charge & play, +$199 HD DVD player + $50/year XBL was a better value than a $499 PS3.... all while somehow claiming Xbox's lasted longer & PS3s were the ones breaking more frequently :banghead:

Being that I owned both systems at different times, it's funny to listen to "homers" from either side justify BS reasons why one is better than the other. :lol

Undisputed
08-28-2009, 02:35 AM
I have to disagree with you there.

It's annoying how some people come up with this unsubstantiated "Xbox servers are better" garbage.... and how some of them truly thought HD DVDs were better than Blu-rays (like literally they would try and debate the technology was equal/better :oldlol:)... and how they'd seriously sit down and argue that somehow a 60 GB Xbox 360 at $299, + $25 charge & play, +$199 HD DVD player + $50/year XBL was a better value than a $499 PS3.... all while somehow claiming Xbox's lasted longer & PS3s were the ones breaking more frequently :banghead:

Being that I owned both systems at different times, it's funny to listen to "homers" from either side justify BS reasons why one is better than the other. :lol

I don't think X-Box gamers are as ignorant as you think. I personally don't care about HD stuff because I don't even own a high def TV. I'm using the white, red, and yellow cords still. Each system is 'expensive' and it all comes down to preference. When people pick X-Box, they pick the system that has the games that they want to play and a larger community that most of their friends probably have. The communication features are not for everyone, but it is a definite perk for those who are into that sort of thing. X-Box smashed PS3 when it comes to exclusives just as bad as Playstation puts the X-Box hardware to shame.

X-Box live isn't a bad fee. They are constantly innovating the service. You make 50 dollars seem like it's a huge sum of cash for a years subscription. $50 is nothing if you work. Hell, I spend that and probably more in a day whenever I take my girlfriend out to dinner or go to the bar. It's well worth it. A larger amount of people prefer XBox games and online service regardless of having to pay a fee whenever they want to play online, you may call them whatever and generalize, it just comes down to what you like

If you like Playstation, cool. X-Box, cool. You get your money's worth both ways if it's what you want.

kentatm
08-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Wii is more Disney-like (the annoying Family Friendly approach Nintendo has been approaching since the GC).

Sorry but this is simply not true. Nintendo has always had a family oriented approach and has not Disney-fied their games at all. Mario is still Mario, Zelda is still Zelda and Metroid is still Metroid. They are no different than before. They have not changed. You have. Its fine. But its just not true to say they have changed their style. The Gamecube era was also the first time Nintendo ever published M rated games so I don't how you could say they shifted to a Disney like mode. Hell, the first thing they made bank on in the US? Playing cards with Disney characters on them :oldlol:

Keep in mind the stupid ESRB (gaming censorship) was first published by Nintendo for monitoring the 'inapproriate' content in games.

Nope. The first rating system was created by Sega. The ESRB was created b/c Congress mandated that the VG industry self regulate or else they would get involved. Nintendo would simply self censor games coming out on their systems so as to not deal with the potential backlash.

beasted86
08-28-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't think X-Box gamers are as ignorant as you think. I personally don't care about HD stuff because I don't even own a high def TV. I'm using the white, red, and yellow cords still. Each system is 'expensive' and it all comes down to preference. When people pick X-Box, they pick the system that has the games that they want to play and a larger community that most of their friends probably have. The communication features are not for everyone, but it is a definite perk for those who are into that sort of thing. X-Box smashed PS3 when it comes to exclusives just as bad as Playstation puts the X-Box hardware to shame.

X-Box live isn't a bad fee. They are constantly innovating the service. You make 50 dollars seem like it's a huge sum of cash for a years subscription. $50 is nothing if you work. Hell, I spend that and probably more in a day whenever I take my girlfriend out to dinner or go to the bar. It's well worth it. A larger amount of people prefer XBox games and online service regardless of having to pay a fee whenever they want to play online, you may call them whatever and generalize, it just comes down to what you like

If you like Playstation, cool. X-Box, cool. You get your money's worth both ways if it's what you want.
I really haven't missed anything with the 360 over the PS3. The communication features weren't meaningful (to me). And they've made a complete 180 degree change in the past 2 years in the PSN network features & system software.

And yes, it's a bad fee. I experienced the same (and sometimes worse) lag on the 360 peer 2 peer networks than I do on PS3 peer 2 peer networks. It's litterally the same exact service. Why pay for nothing extra? A little preferential treatment where they release patches a week early isn't worth 4-5 dollars per month

As I said, I see benefits in both. Since I'm not a hardcore gamer who plays everyday or has friends who play everyday, I thought the PS3 benefits & games, were a perfect fit for me. Back when I had multiple friends who owned the 360 the same time as me, we'd never really play or communicate on there... so it really had no added benefit in my case.

Pain of Thought
08-28-2009, 03:00 PM

You're not exactly correct in saying most big titles come out for both platforms. In fact, it's quite apparent Microsoft has a tight grip on software agreements, and even some titles that eventually come out for both mediums, the 360 version comes out way in advance.

You take away Microsoft's 3RR issue, and 360 is your winner hands down by a landslide.

Metal Queer and God of War isn't exactly enough to say PS3 > 360. The Lackluster library combined with piss poor online capabilities (while free, is garbage) makes the PS3 the inferior console. The wildcard in all this is going to be the up-and-coming price drop, and PS3 having the Blu Ray.

beasted86
08-28-2009, 03:46 PM
You're not exactly correct in saying most big titles come out for both platforms. In fact, it's quite apparent Microsoft has a tight grip on software agreements, and even some titles that eventually come out for both mediums, the 360 version comes out way in advance.

You take away Microsoft's 3RR issue, and 360 is your winner hands down by a landslide.

Metal Queer and God of War isn't exactly enough to say PS3 > 360. The Lackluster library combined with piss poor online capabilities (while free, is garbage) makes the PS3 the inferior console. The wildcard in all this is going to be the up-and-coming price drop, and PS3 having the Blu Ray.
You are the exact type of "system fanboy" this topic was made for.

Call of Duty is the third best selling franchise on both systems. All well selling major sports titles (Madden, Live, 2K, Fight Night, UFC), are made for both. Other platinum selling games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Rainbow Six Vegas, GRAW, Grand Theft Auto, Saint's Row, BioShock, F.E.A.R., etc... etc... are all made for both systems. What are you talking about?

Then even when you compare exclusive titles, while Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fable and Forza make up games in the top 15 selling lists on 360..... Socom, Killzone, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, and Gran Turismo are also top 15 selling titles on PS3. So it's not like either are making exclusives that sell poorly on their respective systems.

I never made this topic to say PS3 > 360. I made this topic to say at best PS3 or 360 are equal, and I don't understand why people constantly feel the need to bash on one system or the other.

beasted86
08-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Generalize much? If you like to do that, there's also the generalization that video games in general are for teens and overgrown nerds, so it's not good to go there when talking games.

I mean, the majority of those sci-fi shooters, and games in general have a Teen rating.

Maybe I'm off base, but I'd guess that a more mature audience buy the mature rated games, and more simulation/realistic games rather than Sci-fi. I could more than likely see older people (25+) liking simulation type games like Fight Night & Madden all the same, or if they are into shooters Call of Duty or Graw... rather than more of the scifi genre.

Pain of Thought
08-28-2009, 04:06 PM
You are the exact type of "system fanboy" this topic was made for.

Call of Duty is the third best selling franchise on both systems. All well selling major sports titles (Madden, Live, 2K, Fight Night, UFC), are made for both. Other platinum selling games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Rainbow Six Vegas, GRAW, Grand Theft Auto, Saint's Row, BioShock, F.E.A.R., etc... etc... are all made for both systems. What are you talking about?

Then even when you compare exclusive titles, while Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fable and Forza make up games in the top 15 selling lists on 360..... Socom, Killzone, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, and Gran Turismo are also top 15 selling titles on PS3. So it's not like either are making exclusives that sell poorly on their respective systems.

I never made this topic to say PS3 > 360. I made this topic to say at best PS3 or 360 are equal, and I don't understand why people constantly feel the need to bash on one system or the other.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/metallicblue.gif

I'm not a "fanboy" ... I'm simply pointing out the differences between the two systems.

It's beyond obvious when it comes to first party titles, 360 is champ. No debate there. Anyone in the gaming industry will tell you this. Also, just as I noted, some of the biggest "multi-titles" hit the 360 well before they come to PS3 (ie Oblivion and Bioshock).

Why do these simple facts tick you off? It seems you get quite offended debating this stuff. There's very good reason why people could and even should debate both systems. They offer different products for a broad audience of gamers.

Take the online worlds for example, PSN is free, but garbage, again anyone in the industry will tell you this. XBL is not free, but well worth the coin you pay for it if you actually use your 360 daily/weekly.

Why should people debate sports? Why should people debate politics? Why should people debate anything? Stop acting like you know everything about the gaming industry and your opinion is gold. Wake up dude, it's not. Reading your posts just make me SMH. We like to debate things here, what's the BFD? Get out of here. You suck.

beasted86
08-28-2009, 04:14 PM

I'm not a "fanboy" ... I'm simply pointing out the differences between the two systems.

It's beyond obvious when it comes to first party titles, 360 is champ. No debate there. Anyone in the gaming industry will tell you this. Also, just as I noted, some of the biggest "multi-titles" hit the 360 well before they come to PS3 (ie Oblivion and Bioshock).

Why do these simple facts tick you off? It seems you get quite offended debating this stuff. There's very good reason why people could and even should debate both systems. They offer different products for a broad audience of gamers.

Take the online worlds for example, PSN is free, but garbage, again anyone in the industry will tell you this. XBL is not free, but well worth the coin you pay for it if you actually use your 360 daily/weekly.

Why should people debate sports? Why should people debate politics? Why should people debate anything? Stop acting like you know everything about the gaming industry and your opinion is gold. Wake up dude, it's not. Reading your posts just make me SMH. We like to debate things here, what's the BFD? Get out of here. You suck.

What exactly is "garbage" about the PSN? Have you even owned a Playstation 3? Really sounds like an uninformed fanboy who gets his information from other fanboys. Are you bitter you spent money on a useless obsolete HD-DVD drive? Are you trying to justify your money spent on XBL? Does Microsoft send you a check in the mail to go around bashing the PS3 needlessly? Are you a loser/nerd and this is your only form of social interaction? Did you actually go all the way to another website to find a custom smiley? Do those weak insults make you feel empowered?

I've owned both, and I can tell you, the only difference between the two is the ability to chat with a person while playing a game, and ability to "complain" to these unseen or heard of "Xbox live moderators" who never do anything anyway. Everything else: adding friends, sending messages, and actual peer 2 peer networks are all the same. I've actually owned games for both systems and played both online on their respective networks (F.E.A.R. 1 and Rainbow Six Vegas 1), and the gameplay is exactly the same. No more lag, ability to find open games, etc.. on either system. It's an exact duplicate.

I honestly could care less which system anyone prefers, all I do is laugh at the reasoning behind this 'undying fanboy support'.

Pain of Thought
08-31-2009, 01:33 PM
What exactly is "garbage" about the PSN? Have you even owned a Playstation 3? Really sounds like an uninformed fanboy who gets his information from other fanboys. Are you bitter you spent money on a useless obsolete HD-DVD drive? Are you trying to justify your money spent on XBL? Does Microsoft send you a check in the mail to go around bashing the PS3 needlessly? Are you a loser/nerd and this is your only form of social interaction? Did you actually go all the way to another website to find a custom smiley? Do those weak insults make you feel empowered?

I've owned both, and I can tell you, the only difference between the two is the ability to chat with a person while playing a game, and ability to "complain" to these unseen or heard of "Xbox live moderators" who never do anything anyway. Everything else: adding friends, sending messages, and actual peer 2 peer networks are all the same. I've actually owned games for both systems and played both online on their respective networks (F.E.A.R. 1 and Rainbow Six Vegas 1), and the gameplay is exactly the same. No more lag, ability to find open games, etc.. on either system. It's an exact duplicate.

I honestly could care less which system anyone prefers, all I do is laugh at the reasoning behind this 'undying fanboy support'.

I try to keep telling you, I'm not a *fanboy* - I owned the original XBOX, thought it was garbage. I've always been a Nintendo fan... thought the GameCube was the best platform of the last gaming generation (and I owned all three). I've owned the 360 since 2005. Never bought a garbage HD-DVD drive. I buy a gaming console for gaming, not something I feed DVDs into.

I do not own a PS3, but I will be getting one with the price-drop. I'm sure I'll enjoy my PS3, but based off the games that are out now, and in the future the 360 will be champ. Stop getting so pissed off. You suck. You fail, sir.

Why are you even trying to debate the whole Playstation Network VS XBL. You know damn well XBL is light years ahead of the garbage Gaystation Network. Read up on any credible unbiased gaming source and they will tell you the same. XBL totally destories PSN. Sony better get it together before the next gaming generation with it's online capabilities and funcationalities or they're toast.

If Sony offered a better product in terms of exclusive titles and offered a superior online world, I'd gladly say PS3 > 360. That's not the case. Just STFU already. You get on my nerves. You're a bastard in my humble opinion. You like to put mustard on your shoes. Hell, I'll get a bottle of A1 sauce, hit *OPEN* on your precious PS3 BluRay drive and pour the sauce all up in that bit*h. Don't think I wont either.

:no:

phoenix18
08-31-2009, 01:46 PM
I will speak on behalf of the people who have neither.:oldlol: The 360 is superior when it comes to gaming which is all I ever want to do with a console. For the people who want to watch movies and surf the internet, thats cool get the PS3. If you want the best online experience take the 360. Hands down.

bdreason
08-31-2009, 02:08 PM
A lot of people base their opinions on the PS3 network on old knowledge.

The PS Network has improved drastically over the past year.

While I agree XBox has always had the superior online service... I have no problem playing any of my games online with PS3 today (something I couldn't say a year ago).

Personally, I'll ride or die with Playstation for the next 5-6 years (the expected life span of this current generation of systems).

Thorpesaurous
08-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Personally, I'm a playstation guy. But the exclusive contract XBox has with Netflix I think is an undersold topic.

Basically, for a fifty dollar XBox live fee, and the I think 8 bucks a month fee for Netflix, which I think is cheaper if you buy by the year, you get this giant DVD collection on demand sitting on some server out there that you can access whenever you want. Even without ever intending to buy a game, you could justify owning an XBox just for that if you rent movies at all.

kentatm
08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
I try to keep telling you, I'm not a *fanboy* - I owned the original XBOX, thought it was garbage. I've always been a Nintendo fan... thought the GameCube was the best platform of the last gaming generation (and I owned all three). I've owned the 360 since 2005. Never bought a garbage HD-DVD drive. I buy a gaming console for gaming, not something I feed DVDs into.

I do not own a PS3, but I will be getting one with the price-drop. I'm sure I'll enjoy my PS3, but based off the games that are out now, and in the future the 360 will be champ. Stop getting so pissed off. You suck. You fail, sir.

Why are you even trying to debate the whole Playstation Network VS XBL. You know damn well XBL is light years ahead of the garbage Gaystation Network. Read up on any credible unbiased gaming source and they will tell you the same. XBL totally destories PSN. Sony better get it together before the next gaming generation with it's online capabilities and funcationalities or they're toast.

If Sony offered a better product in terms of exclusive titles and offered a superior online world, I'd gladly say PS3 > 360. That's not the case. Just STFU already. You get on my nerves. You're a bastard in my humble opinion. You like to put mustard on your shoes. Hell, I'll get a bottle of A1 sauce, hit *OPEN* on your precious PS3 BluRay drive and pour the sauce all up in that bit*h. Don't think I wont either.

how in the world can you say you are not being a fanboy and then turn around and call it the "Gaystation Network" in the same post?

You didn't even answer his question about what is so bad about the PSN. You just attacked him with a BS b/c I say so argument.

Pain of Thought
08-31-2009, 05:23 PM
how in the world can you say you are not being a fanboy and then turn around and call it the "Gaystation Network" in the same post?

You didn't even answer his question about what is so bad about the PSN. You just attacked him with a BS b/c I say so argument.

:oldlol: @ you guys.

I've read numerous sources countless times over and over again about the epic fail that is PSN. I have friends who have a PS3, and when I'm chillin' at they crib I'm playing some Madden or something online there... it's doo-doo. The "Home" feature is doo-doo. It's all doo-doo. I think you took offense in my "gay"station comment. Didn't mean to ruffle your flamboyant feathers.

Undisputed
08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Personally, I'm a playstation guy. But the exclusive contract XBox has with Netflix I think is an undersold topic.

Basically, for a fifty dollar XBox live fee, and the I think 8 bucks a month fee for Netflix, which I think is cheaper if you buy by the year, you get this giant DVD collection on demand sitting on some server out there that you can access whenever you want. Even without ever intending to buy a game, you could justify owning an XBox just for that if you rent movies at all.

The Netflix feature is a huge plus. I'm going to get a membership soon. Beats the hell out of renting movies from the stores and the online marketplace.

Thorpesaurous
08-31-2009, 09:41 PM
The Netflix feature is a huge plus. I'm going to get a membership soon. Beats the hell out of renting movies from the stores and the online marketplace.

I just got to see it in action this past weekend. My cousin has all three systems, in spite of not even being a huge game guy. He plays, but probably no more than four games or so a year.

Like I said, I'm a playstation guy. I haven't had any issue with the exclusive titles. I list Uncharted on the very shortlist for favorite games on the current gen, so if I didn't have that, I'dve been a little disappointed. I'm not a big Halo fan, Gears I've played and liked, but it doesn't bother me that I've never had it. The only game I would have really liked I couldn't get was Left 4 Dead, and honestly, I don't really play online anyway, so I'm not sure how much value it even has.

I only recently got online with my PS, and I've been pretty happy. I'm not really doing a ton of playing, but from I've seen, it seems a little more responsive to play on than what I've seen of XBox, but either way, it's not really my thing.

I just recently changed my cable service to ATnT, and part of my package is on demand for all the channells I pay for. So I get a huge movie selection from HBO, Showtime, etc. It's really a nice feature. So when I was at my cousins house and he was showing me how his Netflix works now, I was floored by it. He says it's still developing. As recently as two weeks ago he had access to movies only on his pick list, but the longer it goes on, the more he's getting access too, to the point now where it seems like he has access to most of their library from the past couple years, and a lot big movies from prior to that. It's an immense library to have such quick access too, and if the movies are available in HD format, it sort of negates the value of the blu-ray.
I know the Netflix deal is exclusive to XBox, but I'm surprised Sony hasn't developed a knockoff yet. A contract with a dieing franchise, like Blockbuster that has been killed by Netflix, all they'd have to do is start loading movies onto massive servers, and have people pay for the service through PSN. They're already paying rental rights for the movies anyway. They're already renting movies through PSN as it is, it's just that it's 6 bucks a pop or whatever. A monthly or yearly fee that gave me access to the whole library would be really appealing to me, if whoever is running those rentals is out there listening.
Maybe it's coming.

Pharcyde
08-31-2009, 10:51 PM
What better service? That ability to report people... only for Xbox to do nothing about it?

Probably because they know 90% of the kids report because you call them a ****** or kill them.
If kids report you enough for the same thing, you get suspended. It's not going to be a one and done thing, because it would get abused.

Also, kind of funny how you made this thread asking why there's debates.... then as soon as someone says anything about their preference of xbox over PS3 you jump argue with them..

CasterL
09-07-2009, 01:10 PM
prefer ps3 personally, my 360 broke and i lost the warranty like a retard.

the only exclusives i actually want to play that 360 has are the gta ******, never been a massive fan of halo.

360 has a better online service but ps3 have improved drasticaly, the difference in quality is not as bad as 360 fanboys would make out.

the main drawing point of the 360 for me is that becasue of its better online service the more dedicated and better gamers play 360. i used to play online pretty seriously on ps2 and made a fair few e buddies in the process. the majority of them are gaming on 360 now after the distaterous letdown that was socom confrontation.

ps3 is a much better piece of technology in almost every aspect. the exclusive titles imo favour ps3 although may will disagree. ps3 started off slow but they have got their **** together now

GOBB
09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
360 is just a better system for online gaming. ps3 cant compete in that regard. Its the big reason why most people have one or the arguments get heated. Forget what 1 machine can do the other cant. You enjoy playing video games and if you can do so vs other people on a daily basis? Then chances are you're a 360 fan. I didnt get my 360 because of that moreso GTA4. But after a year and 1/2 of gaming on 360? Thats pretty evident.

Probably because they know 90% of the kids report because you call them a ****** or kill them.
If kids report you enough for the same thing, you get suspended. It's not going to be a one and done thing, because it would get abused.

Also, kind of funny how you made this thread asking why there's debates.... then as soon as someone says anything about their preference of xbox over PS3 you jump argue with them..

People definately abuse the file complaint feature.

KeylessEntry
09-08-2009, 06:27 PM

Great unbiased opinion you have there POT. "I am not a fanboy, but my system is awesome and yours sucks period."

beasted86
09-09-2009, 12:07 AM

You do realize Netflix from your home PC/Mac is also $8 a month, right?

beasted86
09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
:oldlol: @ you guys.
:oldlol: @ this clown. He thinks I take it personally or care whether HE likes the Playstation or not.

I honestly don't care whether you like it or not. I was just trying to get some well put together opinions in this thread, something you can't seem to do.

Reason I started this topic in the first place was to hear why people like you in general attack either system whether it be 360 or PS3, and turn a general topic about something completely irrelevant about either system into a debate why one is better than the other. Then when I ask a simple question of what exactly you personally dislike about the PSN, you can't tell me, because you've never owned or played on a PS3 on a regular basis or compared the same titles on both systems. Instead since you couldn't think of anything else you went on attack mode and started fussing, crying, and name calling like a little kid who just got his ball kicked over the fence by the big kids at the park :oldlol:. It's not my fault your not old enough to form opinions and thoughts like us grown ups, so you seek out magazines & websites to feed you your opinion like another clone.

beasted86
09-09-2009, 12:30 AM

Suspended just to come back a week later on the same account doing the same hacks/glitches. Anyway...

On to the last point, of course I'm going to question unusual opinions. If I made a topic about why people are constantly comparing Kobe vs. LeBron then someone comes in and say LeBron is a better 3PT shooter, of course I'm going to question it. Also by debating, I didn't necessarily mean comparing pros & cons of each system... I meant mainly attacking the other system, or turning a topic about something completely different into a debate why one system is better. For ex:

OP: Great, the new Gran Turismo 5 is coming out next week! Is anyone else getting it?
Reply: Finally? after 5 yrs? Forza 2 came out 2 yrs ago, and Forza 3 is coming out soon too... that's why the Xbox is so much better.

:wtf:

KeylessEntry
09-09-2009, 01:03 AM
I wish gran turismo 5 would come out some day....

Thorpesaurous
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
You do realize Netflix from your home PC/Mac is also $8 a month, right?

I thought Netflix was streaming exclusively to the XBox Live.

Since PSN has a browser, you're saying I can just go to the Netflix sight, and stream straight from there onto my tv?

That makes a lot of sense.

intrinsic
09-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Since PSN has a browser, you're saying I can just go to the Netflix sight, and stream straight from there onto my tv?

I'm fairly certain that's incorrect. The ps3 isn't licensed to use software that the pc and 360(ms) use for streaming. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_DRM

Sony isn't going to destroy their current model of the PSN store with netflix compatibility. If this were to happen, the psn would no longer be a free service.

beasted86
09-09-2009, 03:34 PM

I don't know if it's compatible... but you can definitely stream from your PC to your TV if you have the right video card w/outputs.

intrinsic
09-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't know if it's compatible... but you can definitely stream from your PC to your TV if you have the right video card w/outputs.

and a few posts ago...

@ this clown. He thinks I take it personally or care whether HE likes the Playstation or not.

I honestly don't care whether you like it or not. I was just trying to get some well put together opinions in this thread, something you can't seem to do.

Reason I started this topic in the first place was to hear why people like you in general attack either system whether it be 360 or PS3, and turn a general topic about something completely irrelevant about either system into a debate why one is better than the other.

You rip on Pain of Thought, but you're clearly redirecting Thorpe to the ps3 with this irrelevant argument. If you bothered to read into his post further than "Netflix...", it would be apparent why the feature looked appealing to him. Same principle as the bundled blu-ray player in the ps3.

Guess what? I can stream blu ray content from my pc too. Blu-ray drives for the pc are cheaper than the ps3! See how I diminished the ps3 with the functionality of a pc? Clever, right?

Pharcyde
09-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Suspended just to come back a week later on the same account doing the same hacks/glitches. Anyway...

Again, it gets abused. Kids will continually file a complaint just because they don't like you. If it's a huge problem for you that kids use glitches, which the majority don't (We're not talking 60/40, more like 98/2) then go complain on an e-mail to xbox.

Thorpesaurous
09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm fairly certain that's incorrect. The ps3 isn't licensed to use software that the pc and 360(ms) use for streaming. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_DRM

Sony isn't going to destroy their current model of the PSN store with netflix compatibility. If this were to happen, the psn would no longer be a free service.

You can partition the PS hardrive and install another OS. I'm guessing Windows isn't compatible, but you can probably install something that would get you basic webbrowsing, then maybe you could stream straight from the sight.

I really though the Netflix deal was 360 exclusive. But it seems like it would be hard to work around since PS does have internet access. Maybe that's why it hasn't been advertised as hard as I thought it would've been.

I'm confused. I'll have to look into it some.

intrinsic
09-09-2009, 10:39 PM
http://www.themediamall.com/playon

That should be what you're looking for, i think.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/03/playon-media-server-is-out-of-beta-14-days-to-decide-if-netflix/

beasted86
09-09-2009, 11:16 PM
and a few posts ago...

You rip on Pain of Thought, but you're clearly redirecting Thorpe to the ps3 with this irrelevant argument. If you bothered to read into his post further than "Netflix...", it would be apparent why the feature looked appealing to him. Same principle as the bundled blu-ray player in the ps3.

Guess what? I can stream blu ray content from my pc too. Blu-ray drives for the pc are cheaper than the ps3! See how I diminished the ps3 with the functionality of a pc? Clever, right?
Exactly... standalone $99 blu-ray + Xbox $199 package = $299 PS3
I have no problem admitting this. Both systems have their selling points that can be offsetted somehow.

I guess until I own both again people wont realize I'm completely unbiased against either of the two. I really have no problem with people who choose a PS3 over a 360 or 360 over a PS3... what I do find funny though is people who already have one system who constantly go out of their way to attack the other system... and mainly out of that select group, really find especially interesting the ones who attack the system without ever having owned one or played consistently on the other system.

Most of the time when people let their bias affect their decision to choose one system over the other, they come out with comments like 'the servers are crappy on the ... in comparison' or 'the graphics are better' or '... system doesn't break as often', etc... mostly uninformed opinions. Really both systems have their advantages and selling points, and you're biased if you can't see that.

Pain of Thought
09-10-2009, 11:13 AM
I'll be getting the PS3 here very soon (was awaiting the price-drop). I know it's pros and cons, again I have friends who own a PS3 and only a PS3, and they come to my crib to chill and play some 360 from time to time... everyone is in unison that Xbox-Live is light years ahead of the yes Gaystation Network. I've seen the PSN live, used it live, and spent at least a good 12+ hours navigating it, playing live games on it, web browsing it, etc. It's garbage compared to XBL. That's not fanboy talk, that's real talk.

If there was no such things as an Xbox or XBL, and just say Nintendo and Sony in the game, sure the PSN would be cool, if that's the only real option you have. Unfortunately, Microsoft is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of online playability and capability. So yes, I'm going to call it like I see it. XBL > PSN even considering the PSN is free. There's a reason why the PSN is free. I'll just leave it at that.

I'm not a fanboy. Like I said again, of the three console platforms last generation, the XBox was my least favorite.

I've pointed out numerous points as to why the 360 > PS3. Much of this could be considered my own opinion... but surely it's quite evident the exclusive games on 360 > PS3. Surely it's quite evident XBL > PSN. These are the two biggest selling points of the respective systems... which is why 360 > PS3 in terms of market share. The numbers don't lie.

I'll be getting a PS3 for the Blu-Ray player and some exclusive titles. Nothing more, nothing less. Any game with online capability I will be getting the 360 version for obvious reasons.

LOL @ the whole fanboy perspective.

The OP is the one who should be considered the fanboy, not me. Ironic, no?

intrinsic
09-10-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL @ the whole fanboy perspective.

The OP is the one who should be considered the fanboy, not me. Ironic, no?

I like you as a poster and generally agree with your gaming pov. With that said, your posts in this thread have been slanted towards the 360. Does that make you a fanboy? Not really (well maybe a little). Using terminology like "gaystation" doesn't help your case though:oldlol:

intrinsic
09-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Exactly... standalone $99 blu-ray + Xbox $199 package = $299 PS3
I have no problem admitting this. Both systems have their selling points that can be offsetted somehow.

I guess until I own both again people wont realize I'm completely unbiased against either of the two. I really have no problem with people who choose a PS3 over a 360 or 360 over a PS3... what I do find funny though is people who already have one system who constantly go out of their way to attack the other system... and mainly out of that select group, really find especially interesting the ones who attack the system without ever having owned one or played consistently on the other system.

Most of the time when people let their bias affect their decision to choose one system over the other, they come out with comments like 'the servers are crappy on the ... in comparison' or 'the graphics are better' or '... system doesn't break as often', etc... mostly uninformed opinions. Really both systems have their advantages and selling points, and you're biased if you can't see that.
I wouldn't say you're completely unbiased, but your intentions are good. After reading through the thread, I don't think there's any question which console you favor. You know something? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that aside from the unnecessary personal attack on scifi gamers. (stick to criticism of the games, not the ppl who play them)

You haven't deliberately trashed one system to make a point about the other, and that's what this thread was about -- i think.

Pain of Thought
09-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I like you as a poster and generally agree with your gaming pov. With that said, your posts in this thread have been slanted towards the 360. Does that make you a fanboy? Not really (well maybe a little). Using terminology like "gaystation" doesn't help your case though:oldlol:

This is true... perhaps my Gaystation (to be fair, I only referring to the PSN) claim could be a red flag for homerism, but honestly speaking I have used both systems extensively enough to draw logical conclusions of the victor.

The one true wild-card in all this is the failure rate of the 360. That alone is almost enough to make you jump ship.

I have nothing against the PS3 personally, I just know the 360 experience > PS3. This is of course my opinion... but also take note I've been presenting facts that are practically indisputable (such as which online network is more superior, exclusive titles, etc).

LJJ
09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Beasted first posting he is unbiased, but then going on a triple post rampage as soon as the PS3 gets dogged was a fun read.

Dude is like a window pretending to be a brick wall.

phoenix18
09-10-2009, 02:11 PM
:roll: I am still waiting for Gran Turismo mobile. I have been waiting since 2005.

baller42590
09-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I gotta go with 360 all the way!!!!!! but i wa a huge PS2 nerd! i neer wanted to get rid of it but it was worth it for the 360!

beasted86
09-10-2009, 06:07 PM
This is true... perhaps my Gaystation (to be fair, I only referring to the PSN) claim could be a red flag for homerism, but honestly speaking I have used both systems extensively enough to draw logical conclusions of the victor.

The one true wild-card in all this is the failure rate of the 360. That alone is almost enough to make you jump ship.

I have nothing against the PS3 personally, I just know the 360 experience > PS3. This is of course my opinion... but also take note I've been presenting facts that are practically indisputable (such as which online network is more superior, exclusive titles, etc).
So my final question to you would be what online titles have you played on both systems... and of those games what made the same title better on the 360?

If you've played games online on both systems (for example: COD4, or Madden, etc) play out all the pros for the XBL experience which makes it better. Individual games.

Undisputed
09-10-2009, 06:15 PM
This is way off topic, but do any PS3 users here play(or have played) Grand Theft Auto 4 online? I'm curious if it has Free Mode on it. My nephew loves playing the GTA IV free mode on my 360 online and he just got a PS3. I was wondering if the PS3 version also has Free Mode, because if it doesn't, I'll just get him a different game for his birthday.

beasted86
09-10-2009, 06:46 PM
This is way off topic, but do any PS3 users here play(or have played) Grand Theft Auto 4 online? I'm curious if it has Free Mode on it. My nephew loves playing the GTA IV free mode on my 360 online and he just got a PS3. I was wondering if the PS3 version also has Free Mode, because if it doesn't, I'll just get him a different game for his birthday.
What is free mode?

I only played the online version of GTA4 a couple times (maybe 2-3), but I think they have co-op mode, deathmatch, capture the flag (chains?), etc.. I don't know what else because it's hazy... I traded that game in about 2 weeks after I beat the single player mode wiht no intention of getting into the online modes.

Undisputed
09-10-2009, 07:10 PM
What is free mode?

I only played the online version of GTA4 a couple times (maybe 2-3), but I think they have co-op mode, deathmatch, capture the flag (chains?), etc.. I don't know what else because it's hazy... I traded that game in about 2 weeks after I beat the single player mode wiht no intention of getting into the online modes.

Free Mode is an online mode for GTA4 that makes the whole Liberty City your playground with up to 16 players online.

beasted86
09-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Free Mode is an online mode for GTA4 that makes the whole Liberty City your playground with up to 16 players online.
Well yes, it has online 16 player modes.

wagexslave
01-01-2010, 09:47 PM
PS3 has the best exclusive games, 100% free PSN, better hardware, better operating system, and RELIABLE HARDWARE(something Microsoft knows nothing about, since over 1/3rd of Xbox 360's randomly die for no reason).

List of notable 360 exclusives, past and future(notice the "variety"... yeah):

Halo 3
Halo ODST
Halo Reach
Halo Wars
Gears Of War 2
Forza 2
Forza 3
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Fable 2
Fable 3
Alan Wake
Banjo And Kazooie: Nuts And Bolts
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes Of Liberty City
Kameo

List of PS3 notable PS3 exclusives, past and future:

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Resistance
Resistance 2
Ratchet And Clank: Tools Of Destruction
Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Demon's Souls
inFamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
The Last Guardian
Heavy Rain
Valkirya Chronicles
God Of War 3
Yakuza 3
Gran Turismo 5
Agent
MAG
Warhawk
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Mod Nation Racers
MLB:O9
Final Fantasy Versus 13
Heavenly Sword
Twisted Metal PS3

The 360 just has a whole bunch of Halo sequels and a few other good games, but not much coming out for the future. Also note how the 360 doesn't have any games that will go down in history as greatness.

The PS3 on the other hand has one two of the best games of all time, according to game reviewers(Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4), and a game that revolutionized creativity on consoles(LittleBigPlanet). And let's note that the PS3 is just getting started. A lot of those games on the PS3 list aren't even out yet, so it still has a lot of the juice in the tank while the 360 is running on empty with only a few exclusives coming out at all in the future.

So yeah, the PS3 wins. Sorry 360 people, but you might want to buy a PS3 if you want to expirence the best gaming has to offer these days.

Undisputed
01-01-2010, 09:54 PM
So yeah, the PS3 wins. Sorry 360 people, but you might want to buy a PS3 if you want to expirence the best gaming has to offer these days.
No thanks. I'm perfectly content with my X-Box 360 and I am getting the best gaming that's offered these days. The PS3 controller sucks and their exclusives are nothing special to me, except Uncharted 2 because that's a great game. I'll happily pay for my X-Box Live account. Fifty dollars a year for X-Box Live is well worth it and not expensive at all. If $50 seems like a whole lot of money to you, get a job.

Have fun with your PS3.

Anton Chigurh
01-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't get whats the point with xbox vs. ps3 debate. you aren't going to change any faboys minds. and even if you do its not like micorsoft or sony is giving you commission :lol

Anton Chigurh
01-06-2010, 07:51 PM
PS3 has the best exclusive games, 100% free PSN, better hardware, better operating system, and RELIABLE HARDWARE(something Microsoft knows nothing about, since over 1/3rd of Xbox 360's randomly die for no reason).

Halo 3
Halo ODST
Halo Reach
Halo Wars
Gears Of War 2
Forza 2
Forza 3
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Fable 2
Fable 3
Alan Wake
Kameo

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Resistance
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Demon's Souls
inFamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
The Last Guardian
Heavy Rain
Valkirya Chronicles
God Of War 3
Yakuza 3
Gran Turismo 5
Agent
MAG
Warhawk
Mod Nation Racers
Final Fantasy Versus 13
Heavenly Sword
Twisted Metal PS3

The 360 just has a whole bunch of Halo sequels and a few other good games, but not much coming out for the future. Also note how the 360 doesn't have any games that will go down in history as greatness.

The PS3 on the other hand has one two of the best games of all time, according to game reviewers(Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4), and a game that revolutionized creativity on consoles(LittleBigPlanet). And let's note that the PS3 is just getting started. A lot of those games on the PS3 list aren't even out yet, so it still has a lot of the juice in the tank while the 360 is running on empty with only a few exclusives coming out at all in the future.

im not a sony or xbox fanboy or anything but most of those ps3 titles you posted dont have longevity. yea you can play em for a couple of weeks and beat the game but then what? xbox greatest strength is its online. thats why for cross system online games like mw 2 for example the real competition and online gaming is on xbox. the ps3 is nice to have for single player i guess and to make your living room look nice.

Clocian-IGN
01-06-2010, 08:26 PM
PS3 has easily beaten the 360 since 08 and it looks like it's going to stay that way with titles like:

God of War 3
Final Fantasy Versus
Final Fantasy XIV
Heavy Rain
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo 5
MAG
etc

The only 360 exclusives I care about are all the RPGs, no variety.

Some AAA PS3 exlusive titles since 08

Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2
Infamous
Uncharted 2
Valkyrie Chronicles

I only play online with 1-2 games so the fact that PS3 online is free is nice. Bluray is a plus too. You can browse the internet and is a media poowerhouse.

Real talk, the ony reason I bought the 360 was for the rpgs.

glidedrxlr22
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
im not a sony or xbox fanboy or anything but most of those ps3 titles you posted dont have longevity. yea you can play em for a couple of weeks and beat the game but then what? xbox greatest strength is its online. thats why for cross system online games like mw 2 for example the real competition and online gaming is on xbox. the ps3 is nice to have for single player i guess and to make your living room look nice.

:applause: I agree with this and I own a ps3. I only got the ps3 for exlusives like Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Demon

Sonic R
01-07-2010, 01:32 PM
why 360 >>> PS3

http://japan.gamespot.com/story_media/20369388/2b001.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Mushihime-sama_Futari.jpg

http://www.shopncsx.com/images/products/detail/death_smiles_x360_regular.jpg

http://www.akibatoday.com/cms/archives/news/2009/07/02/photo/2008/090702_01.jpg

http://image4.play-asia.com/640/95/pa.164641.1.jpg

Anton Chigurh
01-07-2010, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=glidedrxlr22]:applause: I agree with this and I own a ps3. I only got the ps3 for exlusives like Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Demon

intrinsic
01-07-2010, 02:14 PM

This sounds awfully familiar... Oh that's right, these arguments were made in support of the original xbox vs ps2. Funny how that works

Halo 3
Halo ODST
Halo Reach
Halo Wars
Gears Of War 2
Forza 2
Forza 3
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Fable 2
Fable 3
Alan Wake
Kameo

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Resistance
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Demon's Souls
inFamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
The Last Guardian
Heavy Rain
Valkirya Chronicles
God Of War 3
Yakuza 3
Gran Turismo 5
Agent
MAG
Warhawk
Mod Nation Racers
Final Fantasy Versus 13
Heavenly Sword
Twisted Metal PS3

Hi, we are Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead. You may have missed the 2 threads dedicated to these titles on the front page of this forum.

Bold: It's a well known fact game reviews are bought. Both good games, but saying for certain they are two of the best games of all time is a matter of opinion.

I like the part about the ps3 just getting started though. How long have you been waiting on GT5?

The best advice is what SonicR has repeated in these threads. Whatever system your friends use is the one you're going to enjoy the most. Single player offline content is dying on the console.

Al Thornton
01-08-2010, 12:14 AM
:oldlol: just read this whole thread, the idiotic statements from LoJ are hilarious.

"360 has better first party games"

:roll: how can you even argue this? the strength in the xbox is the 3rd party support, and online multiplayer

lazerface
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM

Halo 3
Halo ODST
Halo Reach
Halo Wars
Gears Of War 2
Forza 2
Forza 3
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Fable 2
Fable 3
Alan Wake
Kameo

uhhhhh, i think you forgot a few:

dead rising
gears of war
shadow complex
mass effect
mass effect 2
lost odyssey
blue dragon
left 4 dead
left 4 dead 2

talk about a blatant fanboy....

Nanners
01-11-2010, 04:26 PM
the whole "exclusive titles" argument is a wash. both consoles have plenty of great exclusives and if you are saying that one set is better than the other you are basically just a fanboy.

Insomniax
01-12-2010, 01:36 PM

Al Thornton
01-12-2010, 07:37 PM

dead rising
gears of war
mass effect
mass effect 2
lost odyssey
left 4 dead
left 4 dead 2

these don't count due to the fact they are also on the pc

Sonic R
01-13-2010, 11:05 AM

Lost Odyssey is on pc?

Undisputed
01-14-2010, 12:14 AM

But not Playstation 3. Of course they count.

Kumo
01-14-2010, 12:21 AM
I've had a 360, and I got a PS3 for Christmas...

I like the PS3 soo much better. My xbox broke, which was really frustrating, but it's not what makes the PS3 better for me. The PS3 just seems like a more grown-up system. The start menu looks so much cleaner and classy, plus free wireless online play. The only thing that sucks, is that I still have to buy a mic, also I don't get a few cool games.

Al Thornton
01-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Lost Odyssey is on pc?

pretty sure

But not Playstation 3. Of course they count.

if you're talking strictly exclusives you can't call them that, but I see what you're saying as far as a debate between the two

bdreason
01-14-2010, 01:11 AM
PS3 plays more media formats than XBox 360. I use my PS3 as a media player (connected to 1TB HD), and it plays pretty much every movie I download. On the other hand, many of the same movies don't work on my brothers XBox 360. I think the main problem is the XBox won't support anything over 720p, and doesn't support 5.1 AAC surround sound either.

Clocian-IGN
01-18-2010, 02:22 AM

dead rising
gears of war
shadow complex
mass effect
mass effect 2
lost odyssey
blue dragon
left 4 dead
left 4 dead 2

funny thing is that most of both lists are weak except mass effect and lost odyssey. the rest are just casual multiplayer shooters

brownheatley
01-24-2010, 01:45 PM

You a fuccccin hypocrit dont attack the guy like that! You fucccin FANBOY. Gaystation? You sound gay. Im for one with XBOX ELITE. GO FUCCCC A GOAT! HO

LJJ
01-24-2010, 02:07 PM
funny thing is that most of both lists are weak except mass effect and lost odyssey. the rest are just casual multiplayer shooters

Very funny, since according to Gamerankings Gears of War is rated higher than (took the PS3 exclusives list):

Uncharted
Resistance
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Demon's Souls
inFamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
The Last Guardian
Heavy Rain
Valkirya Chronicles
God Of War 3
Yakuza 3
Gran Turismo 5
Agent
MAG
Warhawk
Mod Nation Racers
Final Fantasy Versus 13
Heavenly Sword
Twisted Metal PS3

So I guess those titles must be pretty damn ****?

gyu
02-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Very funny, since according to Gamerankings Gears of War is rated higher than (took the PS3 exclusives list):

Uncharted
Resistance
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Demon's Souls
inFamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
The Last Guardian
Heavy Rain
Valkirya Chronicles
God Of War 3
Yakuza 3
Gran Turismo 5
Agent
MAG
Warhawk
Mod Nation Racers
Final Fantasy Versus 13
Heavenly Sword
Twisted Metal PS3

So I guess those titles must be pretty damn ****?
What rankings are these rankings based off of? I know for a fact that God of War 3, Final Fantasy Versus, and Gran Turismo 5 are not even out yet.

LbloodOjunkieG
02-07-2010, 02:11 PM
What rankings are these rankings based off of? I know for a fact that God of War 3, Final Fantasy Versus, and Gran Turismo 5 are not even out yet.

Neither is Twisted Metal. Whatever that guy posted has no credibility, as it lists games that aren't even out. Even if they were out, people who rank games are just ordinary people who just happen to rank games. Hell, you and I could start a website and start ranking games. It's all opinion.

Nanners
02-07-2010, 02:13 PM

Neither is Twisted Metal. Whatever that guy posted has no credibility, as it lists games that aren't even out. Even if they were out, people who rank games are just ordinary people who just happen to rank games. Hell, you and I could start a website and start ranking games. It's all opinion.

thats just a list of notable ps3 exclusives that he posted, not a "ranking"

LbloodOjunkieG
02-07-2010, 02:16 PM
thats just a list of notable ps3 exclusives that he posted, not a "ranking"

What do you mean it's not a ranking? He said Gears of War is rated higher than these games, and goes on to list a bunch of games that Gears is supposedly better than, including ones that aren't even out yet. Am I missing something here?

LbloodOjunkieG
02-07-2010, 02:55 PM
As for the thread title, "Which to get?", it really depends on what you want. As far as which system has better games, that is truly all opinion. There is no right or wrong answer. I personally feel the PS3 has much better games, such as the God of War series, Killzone 2, the Resistance series, the Uncharted series, Demon's Souls, littleBIGplanet, etc. As for the 360, I'm not very interested in it's games. I've played Halo, didn't like it. Same with Left 4 Dead. Haven't played Gears, but it doesn't interest me all that much. One game I am interested in is Mass Effect 2. I hope one day that series makes it's way on the PS3.

If you are talking about the systems capabilities, hands down the PS3 wins. You can't play standard file types on the 360, such as mpeg-4, while the PS3 can. You also cannot plug in your external hard drive and copy files from the external to the 360, which I can do very easily with the PS3. PS3 also has Blu-Ray, which is nice. What can the 360 do that the PS3 can't? Serious question, as I really don't know. I couldn't find anything.

I've owned a 360 for a very short period of time, but sold it because I didn't like many of it's games and everything it could do, my PS3 could do and then some. Also, I seriously don't understand what is better about the 360 online. I've played Modern Warfare 2 online with both systems, and they ran identical.

My conclusion is this. If you are just using the console for gaming, take a look at each systems exclusives, see which ones you would enjoy more. I would also take into consideration online gaming. If you want to play games with your friends, and all your friends have 360s, maybe you should go that route. If you would like to use your console for more than just gaming, say you have an external drive that you use a lot or have HD movies on, have various file types that the 360 cannot play, want a Blu-Ray player, I would go with the PS3. PS3 really is a media power house, you can do anything with it. So far, the only file types the PS3 wouldn't read for me are .flv and .mkv, while the 360 can't even read mpeg-4 which is used very often.

I'm ready for any bashing to come my way.

LJJ
02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
As clearly stated in the post, I just took the original "PS3 exclusives" list posted in this thread.

That dude called GoW mediocre, but it's rated higher than all but two (or so) PS3 exclusives. I didn't bother taking out the non-released, but take out GT5 and God of War 3 and my argument still stands.

LbloodOjunkieG
02-07-2010, 04:02 PM
As clearly stated in the post, I just took the original "PS3 exclusives" list posted in this thread.

That dude called GoW mediocre, but it's rated higher than all but two (or so) PS3 exclusives. I didn't bother taking out the non-released, but take out GT5 and God of War 3 and my argument still stands.

My bad, I didn't read the entire thread. But who's to say what's good, what's not, what's better than what, etc.? It's all opinion. Some of these video game review websites don't know what they're talking about.

arkain
02-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't know why people have such a huge debate over these consoles. Its the games that matter. Just look at the exclusives and see which one you'll play. Everything else is pretty much a wash.

I bought a PS3 cause I love MGS4 to death, and I love GT5. LBP is so overrated, I didn't like it, but I guess it was something different. Uncharted was a surprise, that series is amazing, and Heavy Rain demo looks good, so I might get that.

On the 360 side, I never had an xbox so I didnt play Halo and all that, but I really really want to play Mass Effect. I think thats the best game for the xbox, at least for my tastes.

Again, just see what exclusives u like. For me I preferred ps3 exclusives over the 360s. Wish I could play Mass Effect though.

kobesabi
02-19-2010, 11:15 PM
It looks like Netflix also work on PS3 now

Netflix

In October 2009 following the expiration of an exclusivity deal with Microsoft, Netflix and Sony Computer Entertainment announced that the service would also be available on the PlayStation 3 from November 2009. The set-up will be similar to that on the Xbox 360, allowing Netflix subscribers to stream movies and TV shows from their Instant Queue to watch on the console. Unlike on the Xbox 360, the Netflix application will be available on a Blu-ray disc initially (available for free to subscribers) and will have to be used every time to instantly view, but a downloadable application will be made available in 2010.[19] Netflix is not yet available in Canada.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network

I think I'll get PS3. I like the linux and Netflix capability on it. I wonder if it will also work with 1st or 2nd generation of PS3?

BALLin01
02-19-2010, 11:59 PM
I bought a 360 and love it. I'm not down with all this internet stuff on the PS3, I have a laptop so why do I need internet on my gaming system? Also with the blu-ray I'm not a huge movie watcher so there's not point for me to use that either. I bought an 360 to play games and not for the extra things because its all useless to me. With the online you are playing for quality, the online is simply perfect and I have rarely lagged out of games.

crisoner
02-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Once you can buy PS2 games on PSN if that ever happens it will be PS3 FTW!!!

crisoner
02-20-2010, 09:45 AM
I've had a 360, and I got a PS3 for Christmas...

I like the PS3 soo much better. My xbox broke, which was really frustrating, but it's not what makes the PS3 better for me. The PS3 just seems like a more grown-up system. The start menu looks so much cleaner and classy, plus free wireless online play. The only thing that sucks, is that I still have to buy a mic, also I don't get a few cool games.

That's what pissed me off about the 360...the fail rate!!!!!
Got the the rings of death...so did my brother...so did my friend etc. etc. etc.

Microsoft sucks ... they had what a 60% plus fail rate with the 360? Are you kidding me?

kobesabi
02-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Got the the rings of death...so did my brother...so did my friend etc. etc. etc.

Microsoft sucks ... they had what a 60% plus fail rate with the 360? Are you kidding me?
It needs Windows Update BSOD? j/k

What's ring of death? RoD attack?

kentatm
02-22-2010, 01:11 AM

I dont know a single person who has owned a 360 that hasn't had their system fail at least once. I mean, I know they exist, but to know over 15 people who have all had the thing die? Thats just awful.

I know one poor guy that has gone through 4 of them.

Really, thats the main thing that stopped me from getting one. The extra cost for online and a non gimped system were a factor too.

The only thing that ever held me back on the PS3 was price. I was going to save or one as soon as they dropped it but I got lucky and my parents gave me one this last Christmas.

Really the only thing that is on 360 that I truly want is Left 4 Dead.

omazing_baller
02-22-2010, 04:25 PM
I have gone through 2 XBOX 360's that got the Red Rings for no reason. THe system never dropped, never overheated and never sat on the floor.

PS3 also has free online play and allows you to get free demos so that too is a winner.

:banana:

Undisputed
02-22-2010, 04:47 PM
I have gone through 2 XBOX 360's that got the Red Rings for no reason. THe system never dropped, never overheated and never sat on the floor.

PS3 also has free online play and allows you to get free demos so that too is a winner.

:banana:

I've gone through 3 X-Box's(all repaired for free) and I'm still with it.

glidedrxlr22
02-25-2010, 06:14 PM
My friend recently tried this fix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffZ562I9cIM&feature=related

...and it worked. It's a 3 part video. I have to give him props for trying it.

Flippa
03-21-2010, 01:16 AM

We will continue dreaming.

Thus said, Forza 3 was a pleasant surprise. Loved that game

Jailblazers7
03-29-2010, 02:58 PM
My dad wants a blu-ray player so I'm just trying to get him to buy a ps3. Then ill have both and it won't matter which ones better.

crisoner
04-08-2010, 07:29 PM
So after 4 years my PS3 gave out on me.
Could not play disc games and DVD's anymore...got it fixed and works fine now.

But that was 4 years plus and the first gen of the PS3 consoles.
Sony makes the better hardware straight up.

TROLL_HUNTER
04-15-2010, 01:12 PM
both consoles are equally great but the exclusive games of PS3 are millions miles ahead of XBOX. I mean, guys, seriously

God of war... no more comments needed;

METAL GEAR 4. I mean, whoever has not played this game doesnt know what hes missing. nobody who play videogames should miss this game

and how about UNCHARTED?? both 1 and 2 are truly pieces of art.

Little Big Planet is nothing short of phenomenal either

and for those who shout Halo ... i will reply a better word...RESISTANCE

the Resistance franchise is much better than Halo , in my opinion. In all possible aspects and it will keep going better and better by the time and new games to the franchise. Therefore, its clearly a wash

maldyas
04-28-2010, 09:11 AM
After getting the red ring of death on my 360, I'd have to say I prefer my Ps3. The whole machine feel quality, it supports bluray, and multiplaying is free.

lolSmileyFace
04-28-2010, 12:01 PM
wow, this is still relevent lol; ps3 ftw

Kobe Jnr
04-28-2010, 02:40 PM
I do plan to get a ps3 in the near future..

Xsatyr
04-28-2010, 03:48 PM
My ps3 hardly gets any use, 360 ftw. It comes down to preference though, everyone has their own opinions. Also regarding fanboys, ps3 fans are the worse. I guess with sony losing so much market share and being in last place drives them crazy.

PSN- Xsatyr XBL- Extremesatyr86

Xsatyr
04-28-2010, 03:51 PM
It looks like Netflix also work on PS3 now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network

I think I'll get PS3. I like the linux and Netflix capability on it. I wonder if it will also work with 1st or 2nd generation of PS3?
Linux was removed.

MAC system
05-05-2010, 04:46 AM
and for those who shout Halo ... i will reply a better word...RESISTANCE

the Resistance franchise is much better than Halo

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

jbot
05-16-2010, 09:29 PM
My ps3 hardly gets any use, 360 ftw. It comes down to preference though, everyone has their own opinions. Also regarding fanboys, ps3 fans are the worse. I guess with sony losing so much market share and being in last place drives them crazy.

i like my ps3 better but it's because i have had 2 360s die on me b4 i got it. the 360 seems to have a tad more better games but my ps3 has yet to die. <knock on wood>

FatCurry
05-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I like the PS3 Better the only qualm I have is I much prefer the Xbox controller its all I have ever been used to

Raj Da Dodge
06-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Bout to get a 360!!! If everything works out w/the parents I'm bout to get one! Can't wait! Really excited! Decided like a week ago when I was playing my ps2 lol I was like man this mug's boring now, u can't play with anyone and shit...u know what, I'm bout to be a year now at Target lemme just buy a 360! So yea, hopefully gonna get one later this week!!!

Raj Da Dodge
06-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Aite I'm thinkin bout changing my mind and gettin a PS3 now...after a lil research I think ps3 is the best for me.

Brujesino
06-02-2010, 01:48 AM
Aite I'm thinkin bout changing my mind and gettin a PS3 now...after a lil research I think ps3 is the best for me.
what made you change your mind?

Raj Da Dodge
06-02-2010, 02:56 AM
what made you change your mind?
cuz 1 I don't wanna pay $50/month, 2 it has sooo many features, 3 I'm used to playstation rather than XBOX, and I know the 360 graphics are much better but for me they're good. and i know alot more people play the 360 but its not like i'm gonna play EVERYONE at every game, cuz I'm mostly gonna be playin 2k10/11 and onwards. And play RDR sometiems and COD sometimes. Also, the 360 dies alot, PS3 dont die. And also the price is the same, so for me the PS3 is good.

Brujesino
06-02-2010, 10:12 PM
cuz 1 I don't wanna pay $50/month, 2 it has sooo many features, 3 I'm used to playstation rather than XBOX, and I know the 360 graphics are much better but for me they're good. and i know alot more people play the 360 but its not like i'm gonna play EVERYONE at every game, cuz I'm mostly gonna be playin 2k10/11 and onwards. And play RDR sometiems and COD sometimes. Also, the 360 dies alot, PS3 dont die. And also the price is the same, so for me the PS3 is good.

just so you know its 50 bucks a year not a month.If you want you can pay 7.99 a month,20.00 for 3 months then it goes to 50 for year other then that good luck with your ps3

Raj Da Dodge
06-03-2010, 01:14 AM
just so you know its 50 bucks a year not a month.If you want you can pay 7.99 a month,20.00 for 3 months then it goes to 50 for year other then that good luck with your ps3
UGHHHHHHH I KEEP SAYIN PER MONTH! TO EVERYONE! I MEAN YEAR WHEN I SAY MONTH LOL....

Swaggin916
06-03-2010, 01:24 AM
it's 4 bucks a month bro...

but yea I'm like you screw the payment over 5 or 6 years that's like you bought a brand new system. No thanks.

I just play games when I use the systems and I like Playstation simply because of the controller. The only reason i switched to Xbox initially was because that was the system the Madden Challenge was on (and I [played that game religiously). Now the game has gone to the shitter and I don't play it. PS has Final Fantasy too... which is one of the only games I play... so yea PS for me.

Story Up
06-20-2010, 01:50 AM

No I'll tell you what drives me crazy (I have both PS3 and 360); three of my xbox 360's died three times within nine months, I bought my PS3 2 years ago and it hasn't given me problems ONCE. Plus it has a blu ray player for the movies; a lot of my friends always tell me they'll give me their Xbox 360 elite plus 10 or so games for my PS3, I keep telling them no.

My wife has a 360 for herself, she uses it and it hasn't broke yet (thank god), but still PS3 is so much more reliable, more features and I like the games for it more.

360 games are so ****ing overrated.

CLIFFORD
06-26-2010, 04:16 AM
For me, ps3 is so much better than xbox 360. And I really love the games of Ps3.

KeylessEntry
06-26-2010, 05:01 AM
I just switched from ps3 to 360. In the end I actually prefer the exclusives on ps3, but all my friends play 360 and live is better than psnetwork. bottom line was the friends though.

Raj Da Dodge
06-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Thinkin bout changing my mind again...this time back to a 360 lol. After I saw and heard about the new 360, I'm thinking I should get that instead of PS3. Cuz I realized EVERYONE (not really everyone but A LOT of people) plays 360, all my friends play it, online play is much better, game play is better, no more red rings I hear, and all my friends play it, so I'm thinkin of switching back. Only reason I was leanin towards ps3 was cuz i dont wanna pay $50/year but as Brujesino said I can pay 7.99/month and I think thats better for me cuz i'm not gonna be playin during school. I'm only gonna play during july, some of august, then wont play till november/december. So that was a case, then also blu ray was a case, then the red ring, but as i hear they wont be happenin anymore cuz of the new 360. So basically 3 reasons i was leaning on ps3 but 2 are solved now, and I dont wanna get something where only 1 thing is fun (blu ray). I can always buy a blu ray player. So yea, leaning towards 360 again...hopefully nothing changes my mind again.

Xander X
07-05-2010, 03:46 PM
ps3 and xbox 360 are awesome but for me is hard to pick but my friend said xbox 360 are better than ps3

CLIFFORD
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM
PS3 and xbox 360 are both awesome. By the way, I have all the NCAA Football 11 (http://www.gamerosters.com) games for PS2 but I never played any on PS3. If you have played NCAA Football 11 on your consoles, what do you think? Does it compare to playing older versions on the PS2 or is it completely different?

TROLL_HUNTER
08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
As i have said before, though both systems are equal in terms of power and quality, the exclusiveness of the PS games makes it far superior. Only by mentioning GOD OF WAR would embarrass any owner of Xbox who would not be able to own a PS3 , too.

from the back of my head:

God of War series

Resistance series

Uncharted series (oh , my freaking god)

METAL GEAR 4 (MY MOST FREAKING GOD)

Heavy Rain

Little Big Planet

These games on their own make buying a PS3 worth it
I am sure im forgetting a few right now but my point is clear...

SinJackal
08-28-2010, 12:17 AM
The way I work it, is I get one, whichever has the most games I seem to want, and get the other once a next gen console comes out and the system + all the games that came out for it cost less than 1/3rd what they did when they were released.

I bought my original XBox after the fact, along with the not even 1 dozen games worth buying for it. . .and saved myself over 500 dollars.

I went with ps3 this time, because I'm not a huge fan of shooters. . .which is the main product for XBox360. Shooters all kinda blend together for me, and seem like the exact same game. I prefer combining my types of games rather than keep paying $60 bucks for a game that lasts 8-10 hours that was similar to the last 5 games I bought that only lasted 8-10 hours that also cost $60.

PowerGlove
08-28-2010, 12:25 AM
I will speak on behalf of the people who have neither.:oldlol: The 360 is superior when it comes to gaming which is all I ever want to do with a console. For the people who want to watch movies and surf the internet, thats cool get the PS3. If you want the best online experience take the 360. Hands down.

:oldlol:

I just got a PS3.

With Gran Turismo 5/Socom 4 and Twisted Metal around the corner, I couldn't resist. I'm just not interest in what the 360 had to offer. I agree with SinJackal that the PS3's library is more varied as in there are big games that everyone plays in each spectrum.

Plus the fact that I'm smart enough not to buy an unreliable piece of shit product.

Brujesino
09-18-2010, 02:50 PM
http://chzbobshouseofvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/a9fd6fa2-a5a0-4e84-a718-c30bb975e721.jpg

E_Stamkos
09-23-2010, 05:13 AM
http://chzbobshouseofvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/a9fd6fa2-a5a0-4e84-a718-c30bb975e721.jpg

hahahaha Thats pretty good

And im gunna have to agree. You really cant fail with either or but PS would be my choice if it came down to it

Ghettobird
10-02-2010, 10:11 PM
only had a ps3 for the longest time and i finally got a 360

evilmonkey
10-05-2010, 08:49 AM
If money is not a problem, then throw both away and get a high end PC....
Nothing can compare to the umlimited constantly updated technology & graphics of PC gaming.... there is also a much better/larger community.

Afterall, consoles are basically portable PCs... and their games are created by a PC..... except consoles are limited and uncustomizible, you cant like bump in a new graphic card and a new processor to get even better graphics and keep up with technology.

The only thing i like consoles (PS3 only actually) for is GRAN TURISMO, thats something unique which doesnt come to anything else but PS3..........

With a PC you can play any Console games anyways with the use of various Emulators... even old Amiga, Commodore, Nes-8 bit, Sega games.

Point Blank
10-05-2010, 10:33 PM
360's new fall update makes XBL lightyears ahead of PSN.

Maniak
10-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Things I have against my ps3

-no chat where i can use my mic when im playing different games than my friends like xbox has and no text chat isnt even close to good enough. sony is really gay how they still havent properly implemented this.

-the XMB is somewhat cluttered

-when my friends play world at war, it just says Call of Duty: World at War. On xbox, it shows what map/mode they're playing on or zombies, whatever. Ps3 only does this with some games and it doesnt work too well. Im being picky with this but its nicer to know what my friend is doing rather than it just saying the game.

Otherwise I prefer ps3.

KareemCambell
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
360 all day

Draz
10-19-2010, 12:54 AM
360 all day

same. 360 has better online. ps3 for offline gamers.

ScreaM.
11-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Get whatever your mates have.

BullsAj
11-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Get whatever your mates have.
I agree with this and PS3 internet connection is free to play with other users which is great.

AirTupac
11-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Just bought a PS3 and i'm loving it! Just buy a system and play on :cheers:

ErhnamDjinn
12-17-2010, 05:17 PM
The major reason I bought a PS3 was a couple of yrs ago during the PS2 and Xbox era I had both systems, when the next gen systems rolled out Microsoft left the Xbox high and dry, no support no games nada, PS2 continued with the games. I would hate for that to happen again. Plus as some people noted I enjoy the free play over paid play. Plus I like the layout of the PS since its basically been the same since the PS1

Kombo
12-17-2010, 08:26 PM
I just had my second 360 red ring on me.

Sad day, the worst part is each unit probably had <80 hours on them though each was over 2 years old. I should just go back to PC gaming.

GOBB
12-17-2010, 08:33 PM
I agree with this and PS3 internet connection is free to play with other users which is great.

Only xbox live sh!ts all over psn.

Maniak
12-18-2010, 01:44 PM
There shouldn't be a 10 page debate.

Just buy what your friends have, and be done with it. If you don't have any friends, then just get whatever one has games you like more. If you are more casual and dont play online as often, chances are you want a ps3. If you love online play and assuming your system has more exclusives over the past years, then chances are you want a 360.

John Stockton
12-18-2010, 01:47 PM
There shouldn't be a 10 page debate.

Just buy what your friends have, and be done with it. If you don't have any friends, then just get whatever one has games you like more. If you are more casual and dont play online as often, chances are you want a ps3. If you love online play and assuming your system has more exclusives over the past years, then chances are you want a 360.

Best post in the thread

crisscross98
12-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Well, 360 has a 10x better online community that's a fact no one can contest.
Honestly, I like the Xbox 360 better. Althought i have never had a PS3 in my life I have played it and don't mind it. I was raised when my older brother got the original black xbox 360 for christmas. I played ALOT so I was a 360 fanboy from the start..

Sonic R
12-28-2010, 08:42 PM
I've probably said it on page 2 of this thread, and many others are echoing it now, but yeah, get what your mates are playing on

Nova6
01-01-2011, 06:50 PM
ps3

gtfomyface
01-04-2011, 03:49 AM
Whatever the majority of your friends play on.

Kobe 8 B
01-04-2011, 04:12 AM
Here are the exclusives for the 360 first for the year.

Gears of War 3, Forza 4, Codename: Kingdoms, XCOM, Codename D, Rise of Nightmares, Spelunky, Star Wars Kinect, Project Draco.

Then PS3 Exclusives. Resistance 3, inFamous 2, Littlebigplanet 2, Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, Motorstorm: Apocalypse, SOCOM: Special Forces, DC Universe Online, Final Fantasy XIV, Twisted Metal.

PS3 has a blu-ray player so if you wanted to get a blu-ray player you may wanna get the PS3, get a video game system and a blu-ray player both together.

360's online service is fantastic, I can't speak for PS3's but I've had them since day one and online has been great. I know Sony is considering doing the same kind of online option as MS having the certain online packages, like Gold, Silver etc.

There's probably some other exclusives that I forgot. I'm sure Halo is a MS exclusive for the year and I'm positive MLB The Show is a PS3 exclusive which is one of the top sports games.

crisoner
01-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Sony PS3 is the better hardware but Xbox has more titles.

But since I like Quality over Quantity to say I am going with the PS3.

Give me the Blu Ray and titles like Resistance 3, God Of War, and Lil Big Planet 2 looks crazy.

I do love Halo thought...but PS3 when all is said and done.

Kobe 8 B
01-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Sony PS3 is the better hardware but Xbox has more titles.

But since I like Quality over Quantity to say I am going with the PS3.

Give me the Blu Ray and titles like Resistance 3, God Of War, and Lil Big Planet 2 looks crazy.

I do love Halo thought...but PS3 when all is said and done.

Holy shit if it isn't crisoner. I remember you back on the very old days of ISH.

RapsFan
02-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Always played 360. I have the 360 Pro, which has a 60GB harddrive.

I want to swap it though for a PS3 so I can play some of the the PS3 games like Uncharted. My question is, I have a guy who will trade him his 60 GB PS3...he called it the 'oldest' model. Says its in mint condition. I will do an expection etc, but my question to those who are more up to speed....am I missing anything with the 'oldest' PS3 model?

I have a bunch of games and a blu ray player I can sell as he said he doesn't have any games to swap, so I don't have to give him any. I also have a wireless adapter to sell for the 360.

So, is this a good trade?

Maniak
02-02-2011, 01:20 AM
Older models are horribly prone to overheating and one of them if you play Gran Turismo 5 on it, it will get the yellow light almost instantly

PHX_Phan
02-02-2011, 05:23 AM
PS3. I prefer the exclusives (Resistance series, GT5, LittleBigPlanet) Free online and Blu-Ray.

xoarob
02-03-2011, 07:02 AM
If you have money, it

crisoner
02-19-2011, 04:17 AM
Holy shit if it isn't crisoner. I remember you back on the very old days of ISH.

LOL yup been here for a minute. Who did you use to post as?

Sonic R
02-20-2011, 02:43 PM

I want to swap it though for a PS3 so I can play some of the the PS3 games like Uncharted. My question is, I have a guy who will trade him his 60 GB PS3...he called it the 'oldest' model. Says its in mint condition. I will do an expection etc, but my question to those who are more up to speed....am I missing anything with the 'oldest' PS3 model?

I have a bunch of games and a blu ray player I can sell as he said he doesn't have any games to swap, so I don't have to give him any. I also have a wireless adapter to sell for the 360.

So, is this a good trade?

whoa… Late to reply

anyway - you aren't missing anything with a launch model 60GB PS3 - actually, you are getting more than the current models - 4 USB ports, card slots, AND - the biggest thing of all that keeps these consoles in demand, FULL backwards compatibility… you can play ALL your PS1 AND PS2 games on it. I've had mine since day one and have had zero problems with it. AND I've been playing the snot out of GT5…

Also, If you wanted, you could sell it for as much as a brand new slim model.

another note - you are not restricted to the 60GB HDD - the HDD is easily swappable to a larger one (from a laptop) of your choosing. You could put a 320 GB HDD in there if you desire.

Scholar
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM
PS3's online play is free. I hate the XBox's lack of free online play.

Draz
03-05-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm about to purchase a PS3 but I'm afraid another ones going to come out sometime soon like the Slim, I'm thinking about getting the Killzone 3 package with it for 299. I have a XBOX360 slim & COD is ****ing boring as hell, I hit 15th prestige & there isn't shit to do.

Sonic R
03-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm about to purchase a PS3 but I'm afraid another ones going to come out sometime soon like the Slim, I'm thinking about getting the Killzone 3 package with it for 299. I have a XBOX360 slim & COD is ****ing boring as hell, I hit 15th prestige & there isn't shit to do.

I wouldn't really worry about another one coming out

BuGzBuNNy
03-22-2011, 01:00 PM
From my experience..Graphics wise, 360 is better on games that come out for both systems..PS3 exclusive titles have better graphics than 360 exclusive titles.

I'm getting ready to sell my 360 and get yet another PS3..this will be my third one. I'm getting another PS3 for Socom 4 coming out in April, that and most of my friends are on PS3.

Bandito
03-22-2011, 02:05 PM

So, is this a good trade?With that version you can play ps2 titles because it is backwards compatible and doesn't use that lame emulator the new one uses.

miniharrison37
04-25-2011, 12:44 AM
ps3

KeylessEntry
05-06-2011, 12:43 PM
I wont be buying any more sony products for a long time after this whole hacker mess.

PowerGlove
05-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I wont be buying any more sony products for a long time after this whole hacker mess.
+1.

bdreason
05-06-2011, 02:36 PM

Microsoft had a similar incident with their 360 in 2008 which shut down their servers for two weeks. So I guess you can no longer buy Microsoft products either. The list of the electronics you can buy is dwindling. :oldlol:

KeylessEntry
05-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Microsoft had a similar incident with their 360 in 2008 which shut down their servers for two weeks. So I guess you can no longer buy Microsoft products either. The list of the electronics you can buy is dwindling. :oldlol:

you are referring to the whole microsoft points fiasco and how the servers went down for two weeks in 2008? Yeah that was a totally similar incident considering that microsoft didnt let any hackers get away with credit card numbers, and they did not repeated lie about how bad their breach was (like sony has).

Virtually every online service has downtime, that is unavoidable. Not every online service lets your CC get stolen and then lies to you about it.

PowerGlove
05-06-2011, 03:51 PM
The PSN blog said they would be back online this week.....when the F8ck is this week.

I mean they posted the shit on monday and now it's friday. All I want to do is murk some cats on Black Ops.

bdreason
05-06-2011, 05:03 PM
you are referring to the whole microsoft points fiasco and how the servers went down for two weeks in 2008? Yeah that was a totally similar incident considering that microsoft didnt let any hackers get away with credit card numbers, and they did not repeated lie about how bad their breach was (like sony has).

Virtually every online service has downtime, that is unavoidable. Not every online service lets your CC get stolen and then lies to you about it.

Or maybe they did have access to your info, and Microsoft just lied to you about it.

And how has Sony lied about anything? They've been completely transparent from the start, and are even offering every customer free credit protection service for a year.

And nobody knows what info the hackers took, if any. All Sony knows is that they had access to the info. I find it more likely that the hackers just wanted to fukc with Sony and force them to bring down their servers by compromising their security. If a hacker is looking to make money off of stealing CC numbers, there are many more subtle ways to go about it. Drawing the attention of the world, including the FBI and CIA isn't a great way to steal and sell CC info.

KeylessEntry
05-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Or maybe they did have access to your info, and Microsoft just lied to you about it.

And how has Sony lied about anything? They've been completely transparent from the start, and are even offering every customer free credit protection service for a year.

And nobody knows what info the hackers took, if any. All Sony knows is that they had access to the info. I find it more likely that the hackers just wanted to fukc with Sony and force them to bring down their servers by compromising their security. If a hacker is looking to make money off of stealing CC numbers, there are many more subtle ways to go about it. Drawing the attention of the world, including the FBI and CIA isn't a great way to steal and sell CC info.

If you think Sony has been completely transparent from the start you are a hopeless fanboy. They were waffling back and forth for a week saying "maybe" personal info had been compromised and "maybe" it hadnt... are you kidding me? How does it take one of the biggest tech companies in the world an entire week to figure out how badly they were breached? Either they were stalling (lying), or they are just completely inept.

The only reason they are offering a year of credit protection is the massive shit storm that they started when they said they were only going to give away 1 month of free PSN+. Besides, offering a year of credit protection is standard procedure for a company that has CC info leaked, so I guess you can say good job Sony for doing what virtually every other company would do in their shoes...

I agree entirely that this whole situation has nothing to do with stealing CC numbers, but rather with bringing sony to its knees. Regardless, personal information including CC numbers was potentially stolen, and it could potentially be floating around the internet and it could potentially end up in the wrong hands. Additionally, if you read about how incredibly easy it was for these hackers to get in to Sony's servers, it is blatantly obvious that Sony did not give two shits about protecting their customers info.

http://consumerist.com/2011/05/security-expert-sony-knew-its-software-was-obsolete-months-before-psn-breach.html

Brujesino
05-09-2011, 08:46 PM
The PSN blog said they would be back online this week.....when the F8ck is this week.

I mean they posted the shit on monday and now it's friday. All I want to do is murk some cats on Black Ops.
When they said this week they meant to say another 3 weeks
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/4983018/PlayStation-Network-not-back-till-May-31

DirtySanchez
05-16-2011, 04:51 PM
PSN back up!!!

ErhnamDjinn
05-16-2011, 05:12 PM
I was able to update to the new firmware but after the update still no PSN network

ChandlerParsons
06-13-2011, 10:56 AM
o.o
nobody has been on this thread in a long time..
but lol PS3 is better IMO. Better games, better controller. Not better online, but basically the only thing XBL has on PSN is Party Chat and ESPN. So .. free online play...

But I have every single console so I'm alright :banana:

Draz
06-22-2011, 12:02 AM
o.o
but lol PS3 is better IMO. Better games, better controller. Not better online, but basically the only thing XBL has on PSN is Party Chat and ESPN. So .. free online play...

What games are better? Only game that's good that I would like is KZ3 & it's a pray & spray FPS game. The controls on it is also sloppy and sluggish I've heard. The PS3 controller weighs 2 ounces, feels fake, cheap, and most of all, the analogs are symmetrical. From playing 360 to PS3, the controller feels stupid. 360's controller is more comfortable, it weighs more of course, but it's a true gaming controller. XBL has security, some games gives players exclusive rights as in Black Ops one month release before on map packs BEFORE PS3 users. Party chat? Party chat is the biggest implement on an online gaming console.

First of all. Online is about communicating. The biggest issue about PS3 is communicating. You can use a blue tooth as a headset? How cheap is that really, lol. I mean, hey it's a cool feature. But really now. Party chat can possibly be brought into PS3, but if you look at it, XBL can always improve their online ways as well.

Hardware (PS3) > Hardware (XBOX)

XBOX will learn off of PS3's Blu Ray player as a BETA. I'm sure something is in store for the future, it's Microsoft, really.

Gaming Console (XBOX) > PS3

I didn't buy a freaking XBOX to watch DVDS, I purchased for GAMING, online, and all of its features brought to me as an ADDED PLUS.

Which gamer purchases a console because of it's ability to play HD movies over the other? Really? If that's the case BLu Ray players should start playing XBOX & OR PS3 discs and they'll make a huge profit :oldlol:.

Truth is, XBOX wins this generation of GAMING. PS3, is more of a household addition, nothing more. I want to watch a HD movie, I have a Blu Ray player. I want to play multiplayer, I'll simply hop on XBOX. Graphics are identical. Games made for PS3 are most likely in 1080p resolution, which are PS3 exclusives. It should be. I'm not bashing the PS3, simply doing what most people do and have here, debating.

PS3 is a good console, shit I might want it in the future but I wouldn't recommend. I've played it and it's definitely not superior of the XBOX. :facepalm

ErhnamDjinn
06-22-2011, 02:52 AM
What games are better? Only game that's good that I would like is KZ3 & it's a pray & spray FPS game.
well it really depends on what you enjoy playing, for example Uncharted 2 and soon 3 are PS3 dependent as is infamous and Gran Turismo. I think Xbox is better for shooters and thats it, its controller for me is clunky and big especially on most non-shooter games and fighting games. I had a PS2 and Xbox before and hardly played the xbox except for exclusives like Halo and Fable and when the next gen arrived I hated that Microsoft totally abandoned the system no new games nada, were as Sony continued games I think until about 2-3 yrs ago. This was the major reason plus the free online why I bought a PS3 a couple of months ago. Im also already accustomed to the controller due to being a PS user since the PS1. Overall I guess it really depends on what system you enjoy, but hell no will I pay almost $70 for 1yr XBL same with 1 yr of PSN plus

PowerGlove
06-22-2011, 02:13 PM
What games are better? Only game that's good that I would like is KZ3 & it's a pray & spray FPS game. The controls on it is also sloppy and sluggish I've heard. The PS3 controller weighs 2 ounces, feels fake, cheap, and most of all, the analogs are symmetrical. From playing 360 to PS3, the controller feels stupid. 360's controller is more comfortable, it weighs more of course, but it's a true gaming controller. XBL has security, some games gives players exclusive rights as in Black Ops one month release before on map packs BEFORE PS3 users. Party chat? Party chat is the biggest implement on an online gaming console.

First of all. Online is about communicating. The biggest issue about PS3 is communicating. You can use a blue tooth as a headset? How cheap is that really, lol. I mean, hey it's a cool feature. But really now. Party chat can possibly be brought into PS3, but if you look at it, XBL can always improve their online ways as well.

XBOX will learn off of PS3's Blu Ray player as a BETA. I'm sure something is in store for the future, it's Microsoft, really.

I didn't buy a freaking XBOX to watch DVDS, I purchased for GAMING, online, and all of its features brought to me as an ADDED PLUS.

Which gamer purchases a console because of it's ability to play HD movies over the other? Really? If that's the case BLu Ray players should start playing XBOX & OR PS3 discs and they'll make a huge profit :oldlol:.

Truth is, XBOX wins this generation of GAMING. PS3, is more of a household addition, nothing more. I want to watch a HD movie, I have a Blu Ray player. I want to play multiplayer, I'll simply hop on XBOX. Graphics are identical. Games made for PS3 are most likely in 1080p resolution, which are PS3 exclusives. It should be. I'm not bashing the PS3, simply doing what most people do and have here, debating.

PS3 is a good console, shit I might want it in the future but I wouldn't recommend. I've played it and it's definitely not superior of the XBOX. :facepalm

Dude dont be ignorant. Blu ray is a huge advantage. Huge storage space and superior video and audio quality. Xbox is about to be in third place for this generation, how did they win?

ChandlerParsons
06-22-2011, 05:46 PM

Really, which games are better?
This year, the PS3 Library blows the hell outta the 360 library. The exclusives the 360 have this year are Gears 3, Forza 4 and anything else you wanna tell me. Kinect games? Then they have Multiplats.
Then it is the PS3, with Uncharted 3, KZ3, Resistance 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Infamous 2, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD, Motorstorm Apocalypse, MLB 2011 The Show, Socom 4, Twisted Metal, Yakuza 4.... PLUS multiplats.

With the added feature of a Blu-Ray Player. The online for PS3 is basically XBL without the party system and cross-game chat. I don't pay 60$ a year for that, or whatever it costs.

And you say controls blah blah blah are sloppy I've heard.. So you have never played ? Blu Ray is just an added feature to all the awesome games on the PS3. I still have an Xbox 360 though. :banana:

/rant

Draz
06-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Really, which games are better?
This year, the PS3 Library blows the hell outta the 360 library. The exclusives the 360 have this year are Gears 3, Forza 4 and anything else you wanna tell me. Kinect games? Then they have Multiplats.
Then it is the PS3, with Uncharted 3, KZ3, Resistance 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Infamous 2, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD, Motorstorm Apocalypse, MLB 2011 The Show, Socom 4, Twisted Metal, Yakuza 4.... PLUS multiplats.

With the added feature of a Blu-Ray Player. The online for PS3 is basically XBL without the party system and cross-game chat. I don't pay 60$ a year for that, or whatever it costs.

And you say controls blah blah blah are sloppy I've heard.. So you have never played ? Blu Ray is just an added feature to all the awesome games on the PS3. I still have an Xbox 360 though. :banana:

/rant

Your right. I'm pretty disappointed with this years XBOX library as well. However, MW3 is the most anticipated game along with BF3 their multiplatforms, let's see the sales.

$LakerGold
07-06-2011, 09:48 PM
time to take this off the stickies?

Eat Like A Bosh
07-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Gaming wise, 360.

Nevaeh
07-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Gaming wise, 360.

I have to agree. The 360 just "feels" like a gaming system for gamers. Hard to put into words, but everything feels smoother and to the point on the 360 (better controller doesn't hurt either). Not knocking the PS3 (may take the plunge when it's $150.00 or so), but for my tastes, the 360 gets the job done.

tpols
08-16-2011, 02:57 PM
360 all day.. Gears and Halo are amazing. Plus, Xbox's online community and setup blows the PS3's out of the water.. it's worth the 5 bucks a month. I dont know if it's just me but online multiplayer, whether it's head to head, team shit, or co-op is just way better than offline play.

Kungfro
08-16-2011, 03:03 PM
360 all day.. Gears and Halo are amazing. Plus, Xbox's online community and setup blows the PS3's out of the water.. it's worth the 5 bucks a month. I dont know if it's just me but online multiplayer, whether it's head to head, team shit, or co-op is just way better than offline play.

Funny you bump this thread now, sony just had a press conference where they announced a $50 price drop.

http://www.1up.com/news/playstation-3-price-dropped-249

edit: guess you can't really "bump" a sticky.

PowerGlove
08-16-2011, 03:13 PM
i like head to head offline better. like 2k or madden h2h offline is way more fun.

tpols
08-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Funny you bump this thread now, sony just had a press conference where they announced a $50 price drop.

http://www.1up.com/news/playstation-3-price-dropped-249

edit: guess you can't really "bump" a sticky.
What do PS3's cost now? 250 then? Not worth the extra 50 bucks to me still.. I've had my xbox for 4 years and I still haven't used up the 20gigs of memory. Plus I usually download movies off the net if I want to watch one.. I never buy DVDs or blu rays so all of those features are a waste for me. I just like to play games and especially play online.

tpols
08-16-2011, 03:16 PM
i like head to head offline better. like 2k or madden h2h offline is way more fun.
Yea its always more fun playing with your friends.. but I also like playing for my online ranking and seeing how high/good I can get.

PowerGlove
08-16-2011, 03:18 PM
What do PS3's cost now? 250 then? Not worth the extra 50 bucks to me still.. I've had my xbox for 4 years and I still haven't used up the 20gigs of memory. Plus I usually download movies off the net if I want to watch one.. I never buy DVDs or blu rays so all of those features are a waste for me. I just like to play games and especially play online.
Either option is good, I went from 360 to PS3 but both systems have their advantages.

D12"Magic"
08-16-2011, 04:12 PM
250? Thats Great, hopefully they dont announce new consoles.

Maniak
08-16-2011, 04:59 PM
I own both. I'll put my opinion here.

Aside from the fact that I always preach "Just get whatever you like and/or whatever your friends have," I kinda felt like making this post.

The PS3 is my system. I've been using that controller since I started gaming(more or less) so I'm a champ on the PS3. Competition wise, its not all that different. I've played call of duty on the ps3 and the 360, I've played ps3 exclusives and 360 exclusives, its up to you.

-I prefer mw2 on the ps3. On the 360 the community is way worse. Sure its a lot of noobtubing and trickshotting all across the board, but the 360 is worse in my eyes.

-The xbox mic that comes with it and the bluetooth you can buy for the ps3 both suck, and thats pretty much all that people use. Its extremely annoying and I just mute lobbies by default. Even if you get a top of the line headset both consoles have done nothing to improve their sound quality. I hope that the xbox integrates skype into their party chats. That'd be amazing.

-Halo reach is alright, but armor lock is gay. Its a game that is only enjoyable with friends. Is it a dealbreaker of what console to get? Hell to the no.

-Gran Turismo 5 is awesome. Is it a dealbreaker? Not really.

-Uncharted? Socom? I hate third person.

-Kinect or Move? Both stupid ideas. Kinect is kinda fun :lol Haven't played move at all. I don't know anyone that actually has move, come to think of it.

-There is no game on either console that is a dealbreaker. It still always comes down to personal preference.

Whats my personal preference? PC. Far superior.

Between 360 and ps3? Ps3. But thats only because I've been playing it for ages.

If I could use my ps3 controller on my 360 with no delay or any issues, I'd play the 360. But I can't. So now, my 360 will probably just collect dust until some exclusive comes out or something like that.

bluechox2
08-26-2011, 10:15 PM
i ahve both and i didnt even buy em, and so far i like the ps3 more

Smoke117
09-01-2011, 09:24 PM
I've had two 360's and now I have a PS3. I have to say I'm much more partial to 360. I think 360 has the best controller in gaming right now (I've never liked the main analog being at the bottom on playstation controllers) and xbox live is much better then psn. I'll probably get a gears of war 3 360 bundle in the near future.

TROLL_HUNTER
09-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Gaming wise, 360.

you gotta be joking, right?

ONLY the god of war series and the uncharted series alone are worth the buy of any videogame system. I will throw in a few more:

Metal Gear 4
Little Big Planet
Heavy Rain
Resistance series (in a lower tier than the former but still)

and the list goes on, really...
the exclusive games of PS3 makes it a no-brainer. you can discuss about technical issues all you want but games wise the question is not even debatable no matter how much you like Halo or Gears of War. the game library of PS3 only keeps growing and outdoing XBOX's in quite an outrageous fashion

talkingconch
09-19-2011, 06:49 PM
games still continue to come out which have the 360 as their primary console

i don't like it, i bought a 360 after buying a ps3 months earlier

still have both consoles but i gotta say i buy any multi plat game for my 360

if u dont care about a port on your ps3 then you shouldnt have to worry

ps3 does have a better value, you get bluray and free online (although the 360 has some perks which justifies their $50/year)

whichever you prefer works, ps3's got some nice exclusives, then again so does the 360

talkingconch
09-19-2011, 06:50 PM
o.o

bold is false, Better games can be argued (I enjoy Uncharted 2, havent had a chance to play other exclusives on the ps3) but who cares just buy what you feel like

Xsatyr
12-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Linux was removed.

I got neg repped for that? I did not know repping was still around...

Draz
01-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Looking back at some of my posts, I was pretty ignorant and arrogant to be honest. Acted like a huge XBOX fan boy. I'm looking into a PS3 soon, just because of the exclusives. Exclusives play a huge role in console wars, been thinking about KZ3 and Uncharted shit now the Blu Ray and free online. Especially since I'm in college, don't have time to play my XBOX and paying for it to. I noticed multiplatform games won't be as good on the PS3 and more likely to be ported over from the XBOX to the PS3, that's understandable, but what's been the deciding factor is in the exclusives and XBOX has been shit for that. GOW3 was amazing in terms of graphics, the Multiplayer sucked. Halo, not a fan of it.

I'm here playing Multiplatform games on an XBOX, might as well convert to a PS3 and play games built for the system. The controller is holding me back, I can't seem to adjust to the PS3 controller because I started this gaming gen with the XBOX and preferred it, even though I spent my childhood years on the PS1, I hopefully can adjust to it.

Failure rate, my first XBOX Slim Model started fhuking my discs up, I treated t hat XBOX and all my materials like GOLD. It still broke, luckily I had a warranty. PS3 has a thinner failure rate, which is ALSO a determining factor for gaming. All of this shit right here is what's pushing people from XBOX like myself into PS3.

rhythmic
01-14-2012, 05:44 PM
I have had both consoles for years now; I may touch the Xbox five times in a year. Besides the controller, there really is nothing Xbox does better then the PS3, for me.

I feel like the exclusives for the PS3 are more in-line with my preferences as well; I have never enjoyed Halo or Gear of War series. I do like the new black Xbox that I purchased though; it's very quiet and I like the sensors on it. Real smooth. I also never really play online (besides Uncharted) so that is probably the main reason I always turn my PS3 on.

Draz
01-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I believe the exclusives for PS3 somewhat fits me more then the XBOX. Gears of War 3 was great in terms of visuals, nothing more. Third person changed for me a bit when playing it considering I'm more FPS. Halo is shit, I'm saying this as an XBOX fan and I never liked it, game made me want to throw up. Matter of fact, I played more Multiplatform games on the XBOX then exclusives.

It's because Multiplatform games are coded better for XBOX due to it's GPU and coming a year before the PS3, devs seem to just be lazy when porting over multiplatform games onto the PS3 and it shows, is it a game changing thing where you may have to put your money on one console then the other? Maybe for some. What caught my eye the most was Killzone 3 and FPS shooters for the PS3. Not necessarily the TPS but Uncharted is definitely up there on why.

pauk
01-16-2012, 10:10 PM
none... get a gaming PC :pimp:

NuggetsFan
01-16-2012, 11:06 PM
I have both now. I prefer the PS3. I don't notice a whole not gaming wise, the free online play is a plus for somebody like me who will go a month without going online. It's always there, don't need to pay. I use my systems for streaming movies\TV from the PC and PS3 is better for that IMO. Blu Ray built in is awesome.

Not a huge difference just the streaming, free online play, blue ray wins me over. I've been an XBOX guy too.