PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant 81 point game

The Logo
08-31-2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTx7xyAMZuU

Witness his greatness. Discuss his greatness. That's all.

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 04:02 PM
2006 called, they want your thread back.

Bigsmoke
08-31-2009, 04:03 PM
O YEA! Another Kobe thread! :banana:

:rolleyes:

dbugz
08-31-2009, 04:07 PM
A ball hog Kobe against the Toronto softies = 81 points

DuMa
08-31-2009, 04:09 PM
my grandmother could score 80 points if she tried hard enough against that piss poor toronto defense

CantStop
08-31-2009, 04:11 PM
my grandmother could score 80 points if she tried hard enough against that piss poor toronto defense

No she couldn't you dumb f*ck. Only 2 players have scored 81+. One wasn't even televised so imo that didn't exist.

Kobe's 81 > all.

Fact

Not to mention he didn't face white boys that are 6'2 and considered centers.

T-Low
08-31-2009, 04:12 PM
I am a Toronto fan and I can say that this team was nothing special. They had nothing at this time. Injuries and Jalen Rose was guarding Kobe. Give me a break. Btw, how many 81 point threads can there be?

Bigsmoke
08-31-2009, 04:13 PM
I am a Toronto fan and I can say that this team was nothing special. They had nothing at this time. Injuries and Jalen Rose was guarding Kobe. Give me a break. Btw, how many 81 point threads can there be?

over 81 of them for sure

gotbacon23
08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
One wasn't even televised so imo that didn't exist.

so the world began in 1928 when TV was invented? nothing existed before then?

that's some of the dumbest s*** i've ever read.

CantStop
08-31-2009, 04:15 PM
so the world began in 1928 when TV was invented? nothing existed before then?

that's some of the dumbest s*** i've ever read.

Video proof of Wilt scoring 100?

gotbacon23
08-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Video proof of Wilt scoringj 100?

video proof of george washington existing?
video proof of dinosaurs?
video proof of julius ceasar?
video proof of your birth?
video proof of your mom injecting a needle in her arm when she was pregnant with you?

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 04:19 PM
No she couldn't you dumb f*ck. Only 2 players have scored 81+. One wasn't even televised so imo that didn't exist.

Kobe's 81 > all.

Fact

Did you actually take that grandmother remark seriously? :oldlol:

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 04:20 PM
video proof of your mom injecting a needle in her arm when she was pregnant with you?
And that covers this particular owning :roll:

CantStop
http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/e/e6/Kobe-Bryant-81-Points.jpg

Story Up

Then why didn't other professional basketball players even come close to that mark during the 2006 season against those same Toronto Raptors?

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Then why didn't other professional basketball players even come close to that mark during the 2006 season against those same Toronto Raptors?
Because no one in their right mind has the audacity to take 46 shots in a single game.

CantStop
08-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Because no one in their right mind has the audacity to take 46 shots in a single game.

Stupid answer by a stupid poster.

"Yes, it was (more impressive than Chamberlain's 100 points), that's because of the wide variety of shots that he used, driving, pulling up, behind the three-point line, it was an incredible feat of versatility."

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (NBA All-time top scorer)

KAJ speaking the truth.

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Excellent rebuttal. I completely see where your argument starts and ends.

BallersTalk
08-31-2009, 04:25 PM
And 20+ FTs to go along with it. That's another 10 shot attempts

CantStop
08-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Excellent rebuttal. I completely see where your argument starts and ends.

So if anyone shoots 63 times, they can get 100 points? I'm gonna tell DJ Mbenga to get on that.

F*cking moron.

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 04:27 PM
So if anyone shoots 63 times, they can get 100 points? I'm gonna tell DJ Mbenga to get on that.

F*cking moron.
Anyone who is capable of scoring in bunches or going on a hot streak. Yes, absolutely, 100%.

Story Up
08-31-2009, 04:33 PM

The entire basketball world was in awe over Kobe's performance that night, then we have people like you who can't stomach to give Kobe his dues.

You're exactly what's wrong with basketball, not Kobe taking 46 shots when his team was down by over 20 points. The guy by HIMSELF brought that weak ass team back into the game and sealed the deal.

But what do you know about that? You're a hater, I can see right through you.

CantStop
08-31-2009, 04:36 PM
The entire basketball world was in awe over Kobe's performance that night, then we have people like you who can't stomach to give Kobe his dues.

You're exactly what's wrong with basketball, not Kobe taking 46 shots when his team was down by over 20 points. The guy by HIMSELF brought that weak ass team back into the game and sealed the deal.

No dude, Lakers were up by 30 since the opening min of the game according to the haters. Kobe single handedly won that game for that sh!tty ball club. Haters hating....

According to SameOlSucka, shooting over 15 times is not necessary.

The Logo
08-31-2009, 04:38 PM
I know the Raptors were nothing special. I also know I never saw anyone else score 81 points and win the game for their team single-handedly. Especially when his team was down by like 20 points in the 3rd quarter and ended up winning the game by 20 points. If its so damn easy to score 81 points, why is Kobe the first to do it since Wilt? Why didn't every great player score 81 points on the Raptors? Stop hating.

And you're asking me how many 81 point threads can there be? I don't know...how many "Replace Kobe with Player X" threads can there be? Go preach in those topics. GTFO of this one.

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 04:43 PM

See right through me? This is a ****ing message board where people hide behind avatars and lust for professional athletes. You can't see through **** :oldlol:

Maniak
08-31-2009, 04:44 PM

Kobe's 81 > all.

Fact

The PF/C's for the Knicks team were these height:

6'6(SF/PF/C mix)
6'5(SF/PF/C mix)
6'10
6'9
6'6(SF/PF Mix)

I dont see and 6'2 players.

Maniak
08-31-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh, and might I remind you what happened to Kobe that year when it matters, in the playoffs?

Well, heres a hint...
http://www.all-nba-all-basketball.com/images/RAJA_BELL_BEST_DEFENDERS_1.jpg

T-Low
08-31-2009, 04:49 PM
I know the Raptors were nothing special. I also know I never saw anyone else score 81 points and win the game for their team single-handedly. Especially when his team was down by like 20 points in the 3rd quarter and ended up winning the game by 20 points. If its so damn easy to score 81 points, why is Kobe the first to do it since Wilt? Why didn't every great player score 81 points on the Raptors? Stop hating.

And you're asking me how many 81 point threads can there be? I don't know...how many "Replace Kobe with Player X" threads can there be? Go preach in those topics. GTFO of this one.

You are just a troll. You just proved you have nothing good to post so how about you, GTFO....

Story Up
08-31-2009, 04:49 PM
See right through me? This is a ****ing message board where people hide behind avatars and lust for professional athletes. You can't see through **** :oldlol:

It's a figure of speech, you're catching on now?
Love how you completely ignored everything I said regarding why Kobe took so many shots.

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 04:50 PM
It's a figure of speech, you're catching on now?
You take the internet a lot more seriously than I do. It's as simple as that and nothing more need be said.

Story Up
08-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh, and might I remind you what happened to Kobe that year when it matters, in the playoffs?

Well, heres a hint...

He has a ring on his finger, you want me to name some legends who never won a title as the leader?

Story Up
08-31-2009, 04:53 PM
You take the internet a lot more seriously than I do. It's as simple as that and nothing more need be said.

I called you out and you've completely ignored everything I've said, or refused to rebuttal my points probably because you have nothing substantial to say.

Kobe took a lot of shots that night but he also led his team to victory from a very large deficit, there is nothing you can say about Kobe's performance that night; that will diminish his accomplishment.

Maniak
08-31-2009, 04:53 PM
He has a ring on his finger, you want me to name some legends who never won a title as the leader?
So? Im not discussing any other year.

Im discussing the year Kobe choked in the playoffs, when it mattered, instead of torching teams with little to no defense.

Jeffrey_Teague
08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
I still remember it like it was yesterday ..after the first half when I saw Kobes frustration heading too the locker room I had a weird feeling something was gonna go down. I went out for awhile came back home and my buddie msged and says KOBE SCORED 81 points!!

Story Up
08-31-2009, 04:58 PM
So? Im not discussing any other year.

Im discussing the year Kobe choked in the playoffs, when it mattered, instead of torching teams with little to no defense.

His teammates didn't choke though?
When Kobe dropped 50 points in game 6 at Staples, anyone else have a good day? Those guys couldn't even defend the three point line when they were up by 3, giving Tim Thomas a wide open look.

Kobe came out hot in game 7, at the half his team was down double digits again, why? Because just like in game 6, Kobe's teammates are the ones that choked not Kobe. People like you just love to place the blame on Kobe, you're the same dude that probably grins everytime Kobe fails at something.

Maniak
08-31-2009, 05:01 PM
His teammates didn't choke though?
When Kobe dropped 50 points in game 6 at Staples, anyone else have a good day? Those guys couldn't even defend the three point line when they were up by 3, giving Tim Thomas a wide open look.

Kobe came out hot in game 7, at the half his team was down double digits again, why? Because just like in game 6, Kobe's teammates are the ones that choked not Kobe. People like you just love to place the blame on Kobe, you're the same dude that probably grins everytime Kobe fails at something.
Well if you win 3 straight games, isnt it kinda sad you cant win 1 out of 4?

Kobe should have tried scoring 81 on the Suns instead of the Raptors.

Story Up
08-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Well if you win 3 straight games, isnt it kinda sad you cant win 1 out of 4?

Kobe should have tried scoring 81 on the Suns instead of the Raptors.

Kobe played exceptionally well, his teammates didn't.
What part of that don't you understand?

At the end of the day his teammates did not step up under pressure, he did. Unfortunately at the end of the day it's "Kobe's fault", even though he played incredible basketball in game 6 of that series and started off well in game 7. NO ONE outside of Kobe stepped up, so how exactly did HE loss three straight?

BallersTalk
08-31-2009, 05:07 PM

At the end of the day his teammates did not step up under pressure, he did. Unfortunately at the end of the day it's "Kobe's fault", even though he played incredible basketball in game 6 of that series and started off well in game 7. NO ONE outside of Kobe stepped up, so how exactly did HE loss three straight?
His teammates were the reason they even won 3 games. Odom and Kwame beasted the Suns' small frontline.

Maniak
08-31-2009, 05:11 PM

I never said he lost 3 straight.

This is pointless..

catzhernandez
08-31-2009, 05:14 PM
God, Kobe nutlovers are ****ing weird.

Maniak
08-31-2009, 05:15 PM
I know.

I guess they are just jealous of my high post count and lots of rep.

You and me Catz, you and me are legend status on this forum. I love these shiny green bars. And all these posts make me love myself.

catzhernandez
08-31-2009, 05:16 PM
I know.

I guess they are just jealous of my high post count and lots of rep.

You and me Catz, you and me are legend status on this forum. I love these shiny green bars. And all these posts make me love myself.
We are godly.

Maniak
08-31-2009, 05:17 PM
We are godly.
We are.

I mean, I cant believe someone with a measly single bar of rep and 110 posts even DARES post near me :oldlol:

We should have statues because of our high rep and post count.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Seriously it's a great accomplishment and all, but gets posted way to much.

CantStop
08-31-2009, 05:19 PM
The PF/C's for the Knicks team were these height:

6'6(SF/PF/C mix)
6'5(SF/PF/C mix)
6'10
6'9
6'6(SF/PF Mix)

I dont see and 6'2 players.

ROFL @ 6'6 PFs.

Wilt played against white boys in 1962.

catzhernandez
08-31-2009, 05:19 PM
We are.

I mean, I cant believe someone with a measly single bar of rep and 110 posts even DARES post near me :oldlol:

We should have statues because of our high rep and post count.
And we should each have prostitutes with over a thousand ******s!

Oh yes.

Maniak
08-31-2009, 05:20 PM
ROFL @ 6'6 PFs.

You act like there are no white people in the NBA today :oldlol:

catzhernandez
08-31-2009, 05:21 PM
You act like there are no white people in the NBA today :oldlol:
OTC. Now.

And bring a spoon.

CantStop
08-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Lol @ Maniak( nice spelling *********) still being bitter over the fact that Kobe has more rings than the Suns franchise. Hell, even Mbenga does. Only highlight of the franchise and for him is when Raja sucker clotheslined Kobe because he was getting all upset over Kobe sh!tting on him. Too bad the Suns are back into mediocrity while L.A is set to battle for rings in the next 5-7 years.

Maniak
08-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Dont you know? In Canada, we spell Maniak with a K.

Wow, you are culture blind.

catzhernandez
08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Lol @ Maniak( nice spelling *********) still being bitter over the fact that Kobe has more rings than the Suns franchise. Hell, even Mbenga does. Only highlight of the franchise and for him is when Raja sucker clotheslined Kobe because he was getting all upset over Kobe sh!tting on him. Too bad the Suns are back into mediocrity while L.A is set to battle for rings in the next 5-7 years.
High five!

http://www.hotcupofrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/newsfromdomo.jpg

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 05:25 PM
5-7 years :oldlol:

1-2 tops, buddy.

justin43
08-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Good accomplishment, but this is like the third time I seen a thread on the same topic since I registered at Insidehoops.:banghead: It gets kind of old.:ohwell:

@ Above
3-4 years

CantStop
08-31-2009, 05:28 PM
5-7 years :oldlol:

1-2 tops, buddy.

It's the f*cking Lakers you moron.

We aren't some one hit wonder. You wouldn't know about championship potential you stupid Nuggets fan.

Lakers will be contenders for 5-7 or more when they get another superstar. LA will always find a superstar. See Shaq, see Kobe.. it's all a matter of who's next. Nuggets will be our whipping tool for more years to come like the past two.

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 05:34 PM
What happened in 05?

KAJ=GOAT
08-31-2009, 05:34 PM
High five!

http://www.hotcupofrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/newsfromdomo.jpg

Actually, you care, or to be more precise, you do give a ****or else you would have seen the thread title and just ignored it.

But as always, an incredible peformance always commands attention.

"yea, hey hey hey hey"
:hammertime:

Maniak
08-31-2009, 05:35 PM
What happened in 05?
Hate to fuel the fire for CantStop, but thats when the Nuggets lost in the first round to the Clippers.

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Hate to fuel the fire for CantStop, but thats when the Nuggets lost in the first round to the Clippers.
He has no fire to begin with. Nuggets lost to the Clippers in 06, they lost to the eventual champion Spurs in 05, and that has nothing to do with the Lakers downfall.

CantStop
08-31-2009, 05:46 PM
He has no fire to begin with. Nuggets lost to the Clippers in 06, they lost to the eventual champion Spurs in 05, and that has nothing to do with the Lakers downfall.

Wow, sad that you can only name 1-2 off years for L.A. If I wanted to list every terrible Nuggets seasons, ISH would deny my post saying too many characters.

Like I said, LA will be contenders for the next 5-7 years. They've been contenders the past two and their best player is only 31.

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Jordan > Kobe

/thread

CantStop
08-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Jordan > Kobe

/thread

Damn, you lost so bad you had to change the subject.

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Thought so.

KAJ=GOAT
08-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Damn, you lost so bad you had to change the subject.

Pretty much.

lol at bringing up a guy who couldn't even make his high school squad and comparing him to one who was drafted right out of high school.

"don't walk away boy"

OneMoreSucka
08-31-2009, 05:57 PM
..?

Bodhi
08-31-2009, 05:57 PM
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen an accomplishment as impressive as 81 points being completely so disrespected.

People post videos of worse games all the time and no one ever brings up how that star did in the playoffs that year.

CantStop
08-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen an accomplishment as impressive as 81 points being completely so disrespected.

People post videos of worse games all the time and no one ever brings up how that star did in the playoffs that year.

Co-sign. It's disgusting.

Agreed at KAJ = GOAT. I always miss that ether.

NuggetsFan
08-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Great game :confusedshrug:

Story Up
08-31-2009, 07:10 PM

Really? From the time I joined this board the haters don't seem to be much brighter. Maybe you should backtrack a little and understand why that comment was made.

Maniak is no better then those posters who worship Kobe on this forum, IMO.

crisoner
08-31-2009, 07:14 PM
2006 called, they want your thread back.

LOL

Good one

DukeDelonte13
08-31-2009, 07:17 PM
the offseason threads just get worse and worse....

branslowski
08-31-2009, 07:22 PM
The B!tch hating level of these posters on this board is rather disgusting and really makes no sense and isn't a good look. I mean, If you don't want to come in and relive one of the Greatest Scoring games ever, and your tired of it being bought up, don't f*cking enter the gotdamn thread.

But it's ashaming that guy's come in here and is searching and reaching in everyway posible to diminish this rare feat..."Oh he took 40+ shots, oh he shot alot of ft's, oh the, the, team's defense sucks, oh, ho, what happened in the playoffs that year?"....STFU.

Also, the funny thing is that you have some LeBron fans in here talking sh!t about choking and not coming thru in a playoff series....GTFO.

I understand that Cantstop is in this thread aswell, and the site of him gets your ***** pumped up ready to explode in e-jokes...But guy's were coming in here diminishing the Bryant game b4 Cantstop even started talking sh!t...

This board is pathetic...Even through all of this, I still don't have it in me to go on a player hater agenda....Still much respect to King James the soon to be GOAT...Not so much to his Powder Boys...F*cking idiots....:oldlol: @ But hurt Nuggets fans too....

branslowski
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM

******* with an Agenda.

God Shamgod
08-31-2009, 07:25 PM
The B!tch hating level of these posters on this board is rather disgusting and really makes no sense and isn't a good look. I mean, If you don't want to come in and relive one of the Greatest Scoring games ever, and your tired of it being bought up, don't f*cking enter the gotdamn thread.

But it's ashaming that guy's come in here and is searching and reaching in everyway posible to diminish this rare feat..."Oh he took 40+ shots, oh he shot alot of ft's, oh the, the, team's defense sucks, oh, ho, what happened in the playoffs that year?"....STFU.

Also, the funny thing is that you have some LeBron fans in here talking sh!t about choking and not coming thru in a playoff series....GTFO.

I understand that Cantstop is in this thread aswell, and the site of him gets your ***** pumped up ready to explode in e-jokes...But guy's were coming in here diminishing the Bryant game b4 Cantstop even started talking sh!t...

This board is pathetic...Even through all of this, I still don't have it in me to go on a player hater agenda....Still much respect to King James the soon to be GOAT...Not so much to his Powder Boys...F*cking idiots....:oldlol: @ But hurt Nuggets fans too....
totally agree

Wolf Man
08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
ROFL @ 6'6 PFs.

:oldlol:

this is what most teams looked like when Wilt was playing

http://jproc.ca/rrp/albro_lake_basketball_team_b.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0529/espndb_1950nbachamp_576.jpgBA

http://www.departments.dsu.edu/dsuarchives/images/Sports/Mens%20Basketball%201917%20cropped%20small.jpg

Wolf Man
08-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Jordan > Kobe

/thread

'Kobe>Jordan' - Phil Jackson

BrilliantLegacy
08-31-2009, 07:45 PM
"You're a dumbass" - Phil Jackson
Would you believe that too?

DECK
08-31-2009, 07:52 PM

Kobe's 81 > all.

Fact

ANOTHER PERSON WHO RIDES KOBES DICK, 81 PTS AND 2 ASSISTS CALLED BEING A BALL HOG. THE ASSISTS HE GOT WERE PROBABLY JUST AIRBALLS :lol

Abraham Lincoln
08-31-2009, 07:53 PM
ROFL @ 6'6 PFs.

Another foolish racist comment? No word of Russell? Or perhaps Wayne Embry, who would be the 2nd strongest player in the modern NBA after O'Neal.

Mikaiel
08-31-2009, 07:55 PM
It was a great game but it shouldn't be considered one of the greatest game ever.

Reason : It was a regular season game ...

And it's not like it was the best regular season game ever.

Hakeem against the Warriors in 1990 : 29 points, 13-25 FGs, 18 rebounds, 10 assists, 11 blocks, 5 steals, 0 TOs in 40 minutes. (:bowdown:)

Karl Malone against the Bucks in 1990 : 61 points, 21-26 FGs, 18 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 TOs in 33 minutes.

Shaq against the Clippers in 2000 : 61 points, 24-35 FGs, 23 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 TOs in 45 minutes.

Story Up
08-31-2009, 08:02 PM
It was a great game but it shouldn't be considered one of the greatest game ever.

Reason : It was a regular season game ...

And it's not like it was the best regular season game ever.

Hakeem against the Warriors in 1990 : 29 points, 13-25 FGs, 18 rebounds, 10 assists, 11 blocks, 5 steals, 0 TOs in 40 minutes. (:bowdown:)

Karl Malone against the Bucks in 1990 : 61 points, 21-26 FGs, 18 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 TOs in 33 minutes.

Shaq against the Clippers in 2000 : 61 points, 24-35 FGs, 23 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 TOs in 45 minutes.

Unbelievable hatred.
Kobe had 81 points and 2 assists, if people actually watched the game instead of looking at the box scores they'd know he was far from a ball hog.

He took his team on his shoulders when they were getting hammered on their own home floor and carried them to a win. Who cares how many assists he had, honestly? The ultimate goal is to win the game, and Kobe did that single handedly.

For some one to say it wasn't one of the greatest games by an individual player is beyond comprehensible. I've never felt more excited about a performance in my life, yet somehow it wasn't one of the greatest performances of all-time?

Whatever hater. You go look up more box scores...because I'm positive:

A) You can't stand Kobe
B) You haven't see the game on TV/Live

Mikaiel
08-31-2009, 08:07 PM
He took his team on his shoulders when they were getting hammered on their own home floor and carried them to a win.

So ? Kobe isn't the only one in NBA history to carry his team to a win ...

For some one to say it wasn't one of the greatest games by an individual player is beyond comprehensible.

It wasn't even Kobe's best game IMO. Anything that happens in the regular season is pretty much irrelevant. It's not like it was a must-win game ... Win or lose, well it wouldn't have made much of a difference. So who cares ?

Raider007
08-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Had Lebrick James scored 81 points he would have been hailed as the second coming of christ.

If Keven Garnett scored 81, there would be threads he is the G O A T

Kobe Scores 81 and people say "raptors were soft" hes a ball hog" selfish".

And then, you always have some idiot throw Jordan in the mix for no apparent reason.

Laughable,, seriously! Kobe will be in the HOF if he quit today, Enjoy watching great players like this while you have the chance.

gxL
08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
then their mentality is weak if they really wanna lose that bad.

Bodhi
08-31-2009, 08:18 PM
So ? Kobe isn't the only one in NBA history to carry his team to a win ...

It wasn't even Kobe's best game IMO. Anything that happens in the regular season is pretty much irrelevant. It's not like it was a must-win game ... Win or lose, well it wouldn't have made much of a difference. So who cares ?

What game do you think was his best then?

Abraham Lincoln
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Had Lebrick James scored 81 points he would have been hailed as the second coming of christ.

If Keven Garnett scored 81, there would be threads he is the G O A T

Yes because people don't say this about Bryant? Most of his fans today are likely fans due to that sole game.

Abraham Lincoln
08-31-2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb5eifJpD-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpArN4LbTI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpWAyV-S7P0

Fatal9
08-31-2009, 08:24 PM
The greatest scoring accomplishment in history. 81 points in this league? With this few possessions? And then you look at the way he brought his team back from a game they had no business winning? Just gotta shake your head.

Abraham Lincoln
08-31-2009, 08:27 PM
The greatest scoring accomplishment in history. 81 points in this league? With this few possessions? And then you look at the way he brought his team back from a game they had no business winning? Just gotta shake your head.
Please. :roll:

The Knicks in 1962 went out of their way to try & prevent Chamberlain from reaching 100.

All Net
08-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Was an amazing performance, more so when you consider the Raptors were head by 14 at one stage.

Story Up
08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Please. :roll:

The Knicks in 1962 went out of their way to try & prevent Chamberlain from reaching 100.

Is it really a laughing matter? Players who played this game have said the exact same thing; that Kobe's scoring outburst was the most impressive scoring performance in league history. (Including Wilt's, mostly because of his versatility)

How do you know the Knicks went out of their way? That game wasn't even televised, oh I get it, you're just quoting articles. :rolleyes:

Mikaiel
08-31-2009, 08:31 PM

I don't know, but he had a lot of better games than this one.

Some of his playoff games during the 3-peat. Against the Spurs and the Kings.

Game 1 against Orlando last year.

Some of his games against Denver last year.

When he carried the Lakers when Shaq fouled out against Indiana.

I'd also say his streak of 4 games with 50+ points (including 2 60 point games) was more impressive.

Story Up
08-31-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't know, but he had a lot of better games than this one.

Some of his playoff games during the 3-peat. Against the Spurs and the Kings.

Game 1 against Orlando last year.

Some of his games against Denver last year.

When he carried the Lakers when Shaq fouled out against Indiana.

I'd also say his streak of 4 games with 50+ points (including 2 60 point games) was more impressive.

Dude are you an act? Are you currently in a mental institution?
I'm not even kidding, what are you even talking about.

Outside of the 62 point game, I don't think Kobe has had a game that is on the same tier as his 81 point performance.

Abraham Lincoln
08-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Is it really a laughing matter when players who played this game have said the exact same thing; that Kobe's scoring outburst was the most impressive in league history.

How do you know the Knicks went out of their way? That game wasn't even televised, oh I get it, you're just quoting articles. :rolleyes:

The testimony of players and coaches from the game, as well as the 4th quarter radio call.

This be despite that Chamberlain always played on cruise control for his career, performing in other aspects of the game far exceeding Bryant or any modern player's possible contributions.

Wilt's Chamberlain's 8 quadruple-double-double's:

41 points, 40 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on November 4, 1959.

44 points, 42 rebounds vs. Boston Celtics on January 15, 1960.

58 points, 42 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on January 25, 1960 (at Bethlehem, PA; 58 points are the most ever scored by a rookie).

44 points, 45 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on February 6, 1960 (45 rebounds is the NBA single game rookie record).

56 points, 45 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on January 21, 1961.

78 points, 43 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on December 8, 1961 (3OT; 78 points was an NBA record at the time).

50 points, 41 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on October 26, 1962 (OT).

50 points, 40 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on November 22, 1964.

And his 1968 double-triple-double:

In a February 2, 1968 game, Chamberlain's statistics were 22 points, 25 rebounds, and 21 assists.

Mikaiel
08-31-2009, 08:37 PM

And his own team did the exact same thing ...

Dude are you an act? Are you currently in a mental institution?
I'm not even kidding, what are you even talking about.

I don't care about the regular season. Playoffs > Regular season.

A 40 point game in the playoffs >>> An 80 point game in the regular season.

One makes history. The other one is important and actually helps your team.

Story Up
08-31-2009, 08:37 PM
The testimony of players and coaches from the game, as well as the 4th quarter radio call.

This be despite that Chamberlain always played on cruise control for his career, performing in other aspects of the game far exceeding Bryant or any modern player's possible contributions.

Wilt's Chamberlain's 8 quadruple-double-double's:

41 points, 40 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on November 4, 1959.

44 points, 42 rebounds vs. Boston Celtics on January 15, 1960.

58 points, 42 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on January 25, 1960 (at Bethlehem, PA; 58 points are the most ever scored by a rookie).

44 points, 45 rebounds vs. Syracuse Nationals on February 6, 1960 (45 rebounds is the NBA single game rookie record).

56 points, 45 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on January 21, 1961.

78 points, 43 rebounds vs. Los Angeles Lakers on December 8, 1961 (3OT; 78 points was an NBA record at the time).

50 points, 41 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on October 26, 1962 (OT).

50 points, 40 rebounds vs. Detroit Pistons on November 22, 1964.

And his 1968 double-triple-double:

In a February 2, 1968 game, Chamberlain's statistics were 22 points, 25 rebounds, and 21 assists.

He played against much inferior competition your little numbers game isn't going to work here.

branslowski
08-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Is it really a laughing matter? Players who played this game have said the exact same thing; that Kobe's scoring outburst was the most impressive scoring performance in league history. (Including Wilt's, mostly because of his versatility)

Hummm...:rolleyes:

Also, Kobe with fewer possesions, not being able to stand in the paint all night..(Not being able to offensive goaltend, but i'll leave this alone)

Also, Kobe scored 40pts alone on Jumpers..The stamina to do this f*cking amazing, while bringing his team back from down by nearly 20...Amazing.

But, this game was also bad....Because this led to amillion idiotic Bandwagon Kobe groupies jumping aboard...Lakers fans had to move over and let these f*cks join...Then they try to push this "Kobe is GOAT nonsense"...Which got the homo Jordan Nut huggers in a roid rage, which led to these guy's going out of their way to try and diminish everything Bryant has done.

If we could only go back to the 00'-03' Kobe season's, where he was just being enjoyed as a very good player trying to climb the list of the greats, and where he was hated on by way fewer ppl....If only we can go back in time..:ohwell:

Story Up
08-31-2009, 08:41 PM
The only thing that sucked about this game is the fact I didn't get to see it happen live. I was studying for an exam, I turn on the TV to see the final score and I see everyone on their feet applauding. Then when they showed Kobe's stat line my jaw dropped.

Abraham Lincoln
08-31-2009, 08:43 PM
(Not being able to offensive goaltend, but i'll leave this alone)
Yes because you know it isn't true. Completely irrelevant.

Abraham Lincoln
08-31-2009, 08:45 PM
He played against much inferior competition your little numbers game isn't going to work here.
The 1960's was superior to the 2000's. Less teams, more intense regular season games, particularly between Russell & Chamberlain, & no asterisk level rule changes promoting to a certain audience. Let's see how great the modern players would be without any trainers, guaranteed contracts, or personal jets & hotels. Nevermind whilst possibly working an offseason job & playing in lowtop Converse shoes. Nearly every single rule passed since the 1960's has been to help the offensive player.

Story Up
08-31-2009, 08:47 PM
The 1960's was superior to the 2000's. Less teams, more intense regular season games, particularly between Russell & Chamberlain. Let's see how great the modern players would be without any trainers, guaranteed contracts, or personal jets & hotels. Nevermind whilst possibly working an offseason job & playing in lowtop Converse shoes. Nearly every single rule passed since the 1960's has been to help the offensive player.

Do you actually believe your propaganda?
Wilt was playing against minimal competition, the entire talent poll was pretty much wearing a Boston Celtics jersey. His greatest competition was a 6'9 center by the name of Bill Russell, outside of that he played against centers who are shorter then half of the SF's in today's league.

branslowski
08-31-2009, 08:47 PM
The 1960's was superior to the 2000's. .

:wtf: Are you f*cking serious?...

Write what you want after this...Im not even gonna get into an argument over this nonsense...

WOW...:oldlol:

phoenix18
08-31-2009, 09:17 PM
That just wasnt their night. They fell asleep and Kobe got hot. You guys keep slurping him like he really deserved ALL OF THOSE FREE THROWS! But when wade goes to the line in the finals you knock him for it.:rolleyes:

Story Up
08-31-2009, 09:22 PM
That just wasnt their night. They fell asleep and Kobe got hot. You guys keep slurping him like he really deserved ALL OF THOSE FREE THROWS! But when wade goes to the line in the finals you knock him for it.:rolleyes:

Why do you guys always change the subject or make excuses?
So what; Wade, LeBron, Maggette, Granger any top scorer in this league goes to the line a lot. Some nights they go to the line as much as 20 times, get over it. Kobe still shot over 50% for the night, carried his team back from a large deficit and dropped over 80 points. In today's modern era, that mark alone is incredible.

It wasn't "their" night? I would believe that if Kobe wasn't known as arguably the most prolific perimeter scorer of all-time. Same player that outscored a very talented team by himself through three quarters, didn't even play the 4th because he helped his team built a gigantic lead.

What does Wade have to do with this discussion?

phoenix18
08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Why do you guys always change the subject or make excuses?
So what; Wade, LeBron, Maggette, Granger any top scorer in this league goes to the line a lot. Some nights they go to the line as much as 20 times, get over it. Kobe still shot over 50% for the night, carried his team back from a large deficit and dropped over 80 points. In today's modern era, that mark alone is incredible.

It wasn't "their" night? I would believe that if Kobe wasn't known as arguably the most prolific perimeter scorer of all-time. Same player that outscored a very talented team by himself through three quarters, didn't even play the 4th because he helped his team built a gigantic lead.

What does Wade have to do with this discussion?
I just threw wade in there for no reason. When did Maggette become a top scorer? Anyways, I will let that slide. I said that Kobe got hot isnt that what happened? I also said that the raptors fell asleep, did that not happen either? It just wasnt their night. They tried everything defensively but were overmatched to begin with. When the F*ck did Kobe become the most prolific perimeter scorer of all time? Sheesh. SMH.

Dacos
08-31-2009, 09:36 PM
Someone actually thinks Kobe has had a lot better games than his 81? Jesus christ..

Story Up
08-31-2009, 09:37 PM
I just threw wade in there for no reason. When did Maggette become a top scorer? Anyways, I will let that slide. I said that Kobe got hot isnt that what happened? I also said that the raptors fell asleep, did that not happen either? It just wasnt their night. They tried everything defensively but were overmatched to begin with. When the F*ck did Kobe become the most prolific perimeter scorer of all time? Sheesh. SMH.

Maggette might not be one of the better scorers but he consistently gets to the line. Couldn't we say the same thing about any historic performance? Oh it just wasn't their night, Player A just got really hot and the other team got flustered. It's a total cop out.

Are you actually saying Kobe is not at the very least one of the greatest perimeter scorers of all-time? He's at the very least in my top three. I'm torn between him, Jordan and the Iceman.

phoenix18
08-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Maggette might not be one of the better scorers but he consistently gets to the line. Couldn't we say the same thing about any historic performance? Oh it just wasn't their night, Player A just got really hot and the other team got flustered. It's a total cop out.

Are you actually saying Kobe is not at the very least one of the greatest perimeter scorers of all-time? He's at the very least in my top three. I'm torn between him, Jordan and the Iceman.
:roll: Okay, what ever you say. Kobe did get hot and the raptors couldnt handle him, where you see a copout, I dont know. But saying that he is the greatest perimeter scorer of all time and now including him in a group with MJ,Iceman and leaving out Iverson is just unforgivable. :oldlol:

Story Up
08-31-2009, 09:47 PM
:roll: Okay, what ever you say. Kobe did get hot and the raptors couldnt handle him, where you see a copout, I dont know. But saying that he is the greatest perimeter scorer of all time and now including him in a group with MJ,Iceman and leaving out Iverson is just unforgivable. :oldlol:

Serious question, how old are you?

phoenix18
08-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Serious question, how old are you?
18. Now after seeing my age, you are going to say that explains it. Predictable.

DKLaker
08-31-2009, 09:53 PM

:cheers: ^^^^^^

I was at the 81 point game....Free VIP tickets...Lucky as hell!!!!!

If Kobe was really a ballhog he would've scored over 100 that night considering he only had 25 at the half.

The Lakers would've gotten blown out if Kobe didn't go crazy that night.

It's not like he was standing around hitting open shots, he was just hot from all over the court......leave it to the hater morons to criticize him for bringing his team back to win a game and breaking records........what, some of yall are mad because Jordan never did it.....lol :D

Just sit back and enjoy the greatness of Kobe Bean Bryant!!!!!!

plat1numX
08-31-2009, 09:58 PM
i watched the game live, and ill always remember me chillin in bed around 12 am watching kobe get closer and closer to 81...def the best performance i have ever seen

Jacks3
08-31-2009, 10:30 PM
The greatest scoring exhibition in NBA history. 55 points in the 2nd half alone. ****ing ridiculous. What's more, his team was down 20 at one point in that game and he single-highhandedly brought them back. What's crazy is that he could have easily had another 80+ game just a month earlier. Remember the 62 pts in 3 quarters? He most definitely could have scored 18+ pts in the 4th Q of that game. Think about that for a sec. We could have been talking about two 80+ point games within a month of each other by the same player. :eek:

postmupndunkit
08-31-2009, 10:36 PM
B.S.

Dude scored that many off the "touch" aka "breath" fouls. You breathe on Kobe and he goes to the line to shoot 2.

branslowski
08-31-2009, 10:38 PM
B.S.

Dude scored that many off the "touch" aka "breath" fouls. You breathe on Kobe and he goes to the line to shoot 2.

:oldlol: I love the exaggeration of these haters...Anyone who watched Jordan, or Wade in 06, or LeBron last year and enjoyed those guy's, really needs to STFU about foul calls...

Edit:...You think that was the most FT's shot in a Game All-Time by a 2 Guard?....Do you think no one else has ever took over 46shots?...Humm.

Abraham Lincoln
08-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Do you actually believe your propaganda?
Tis the truth.

Wilt was playing against minimal competition, the entire talent poll was pretty much wearing a Boston Celtics jersey. His greatest competition was a 6'9 center by the name of Bill Russell, outside of that he played against centers who are shorter then half of the SF's in today's league.
Russell was 6'11 by modern measurement standards, & the centers were not midgets at the time. Unlike then our top center today is a 6'9 power forward with horrific body balance.

Walter Dukes (7'0", 220 lbs.)
Swede Halbrook (7'3, 235 lbs.)
Tom Boerwinkle (7'0", 265 lbs.)
Bob Lanier (6'11", 265 lbs.)
Darrall Imhoff (6'10", 220 lbs.)
Otto Moore (6'11", 210 lbs.)
Sam Lacey (6'10", 235 lbs.)
George Johnson (6'11", 245 lbs.)
Paul Ruffner (6'10", 230 lbs.)
Dick Cunningham (6'10", 245 lbs.)
Walt Bellamy (6'11", 225 lbs.)
Leroy Ellis (6'10", 210 lbs.)
Nate Thurmond (6'11", 235 lbs.)
Mel Counts (7'0", 235 lbs.)
Nate Bowman (6'10", 230 lbs.)
Clyde Lee (6'10", 210 lbs.)
Walt Wesley (6'11", 230 lbs.)
Henry Akin (6'10", 225 lbs.)
Hank Finkel (7'0", 240 lbs.)
Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (7'2", 225 lbs.)
Neal Walk (6'10", 220 lbs.)
Elmore Smith (7'0", 250 lbs.)
Jim McDaniels (6'11", 230 lbs.)
LaRue Martin (6'11", 215 lbs.)
Tom Riker (6'10", 225 lbs.)
Conrad Dierking (6'9", 225 lbs.)
Johnny “Red” Kerr (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Bob Pettit (6'9", 220 lbs.)
Spencer Haywood (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Rick Roberson (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Luke Jackson (6'9", 240 lbs.)
Duke Hogue (6'9," 240 lbs.)
Zelmo Beaty (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Len Chappell (6'9", 240 lbs.)
Elvin Hayes (6'9", 235 lbs.)
Hub Reed (6'9", 220 lbs.)

LongLived#24
08-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Wilt's opponent in the 100 pt game:
http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/778/778316s9zptl3ect.jpg

Kobe's opponents in his era:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2210/1708353058_4765e9a8d5.jpg

Enough Said.

branslowski
08-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Wilt's opponent in the 100 pt game:
http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/778/778316s9zptl3ect.jpg

Kobe's opponents in his era:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2210/1708353058_4765e9a8d5.jpg

Enough Said.

This is another Jordan Fan posing as a Kobe nut hugger...Bookit.

godofgods
08-31-2009, 10:46 PM
Nobody played any defense and anybody who hogs the ball enough can do it.

I am correct and anybody who disagrees is wrong and can **** off.

JustinJDW
08-31-2009, 10:48 PM
2006 called, they want your thread back.Co-Signed.

revan
08-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Nobody played any defense and anybody who hogs the ball enough can do it.

I am correct and anybody who disagrees is wrong and can **** off.

Ah, the poor baby still mad?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1Zu62Vm2CBw/SjcgB1SHTFI/AAAAAAAAACk/s91JtkDiIiw/s400/3629067266_1b83cd05fa_o.jpg

BrilliantLegacy
08-31-2009, 10:51 PM
This thread should be in the Lakers Forum, posting on the Nba forum will just cause more drama.

lbj23clutch
08-31-2009, 10:54 PM

Also, the funny thing is that you have some LeBron fans in here talking sh!t about choking and not coming thru in a playoff series....GTFO.I understand that Cantstop is in this thread aswell, and the site of him gets your ***** pumped up ready to explode in e-jokes...But guy's were coming in here diminishing the Bryant game b4 Cantstop even started talking sh!t...

I didn't see any LeBron fans talking sh*t here.... I guess everytime someone doesn't suck up to Kobe's nuts you gotta blame them Lebron fans LMAO. I didn't see any Lebron fans here saying sh*t.

Anyways people downplaying Kobe's 81 pt performance need to STFU. This was a one for the books and people need to give credit where credit is due...

All Net
08-31-2009, 10:54 PM
This thread should be in the Lakers Forum, posting on the Nba forum will just cause more drama.

Thats all part of the fun.

Mikaiel
08-31-2009, 10:56 PM
anybody who hogs the ball enough can do it.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

lbj23clutch
08-31-2009, 10:56 PM
This is just another typical Kobe Nut Hugger.
Fixed.

Story Up
08-31-2009, 11:04 PM
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

How come Iverson never came close to 81? Possibly the biggest ball hog this league has ever seen.

branslowski
08-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Fixed.

Before you can jump on my dick, you need to sign your groupie contract that allows you to lick it...Then use your Visa Card.

Ballerstalk= LeBron dicksucker....Kobe hater...

Mikel (although good guy) A Fan of LeBron (but not nut hugger like you), was also in here knocking the performance.

Also, you quote my post with such anger, yet you agree with the main point I was making?...:wtf:

LeBron Powder Boy for ya....

:oldlol: @ Me being a Kobe nut hugger or Stan...I bet it's my ability to own Pah on his own page after he say's the dumbest sh!t, or my ability to praise LeBron and call him the Future GOAT? Or My abiliaty to recongnize MJ as the Clear GOAT?....Or is it the ability I have to defend my Fav player from idiotic haters?...Which was the point of my Post really...But you see "LeBron Powder Boys" And get offended...hummm...

:oldlol: Please don't stop by for another ass kicking kid...

lbj23clutch
08-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Before you can jump on my dick, you need to sign your groupie contract that allows you to lick it...Then use your Visa Card.

Ballerstalk= LeBron dicksucker....Kobe hater...

Mikel (although good guy) A Fan of LeBron (but not nut hugger like you), was also in here knocking the performance.

Also, you quote my post with such anger, yet you agree with the main point I was making?...:wtf:

LeBron Powder Boy for ya....

:oldlol: @ Me being a Kobe nut hugger or Stan...I bet it's my ability to own Pah on his own page after he say's the dumbest sh!t, or my ability to praise LeBron and call him the Future GOAT? Or My abiliaty to recongnize MJ as the Clear GOAT?....Or is it the ability I have to defend my Fav player from idiotic haters?...Which was the point of my Post really...But you see "LeBron Powder Boys" And get offended...hummm...

:oldlol: Please don't stop by for another ass kicking kid...
LMAO @ calling me a 'Lebron powder boy' I've rarely defended Lebron in this forum, and I don't even think he's the best in the game right now, I still think Kobe takes that title. And stop acting like your some real Kobe fan, I've exposed your phony a** plenty of times as bieng a Kobe Nutt Hugger.

Mikaiel
08-31-2009, 11:22 PM

???

I never said it wasn't a great game. Obviously it was. I never said it wasn't impressive because the Raptors sucked or because he hogged the ball. It was the greatest scoring display in NBA history, and nobody else could have done it. Maybe MJ but that's just fiction, we'll never know. But we do know that AI, LeBron, Wade, T-Mac, all those guys, no one even came close to 81 points. But Kobe did it, and he might have done it twice if the Mavs had been more competitive in his 62 point game. And all those guys have/had the ball in their hands as much as Kobe did that night, so that's irrelevant. And they also didn't come close when they played against the exact same Toronto team Kobe destroyed.

I just said it wasn't one of the best game ever because it happened in the regular season. That has nothing to do with the perfomance. I just can't rank a game that high, no matter how brilliant it was, if it happened during the regular season. It's not like there was a ton of pressure on the Lakers to win that game. It was just a regular game. They had 81 more of them that year. A loss wouldn't have been devastating. And the fact they got the W didn't really matter that much. But in the playoffs, pretty much every game is a must-win. And those games are the ones that really matter.

And I also said Hakeem's quadruple double was more impressive. Maybe you think I'm hating when I say that, but Kobe only dominated on one end of the floor that night. Sure we've never seen someone dominate that much for an entire game, but Hakeem pretty much dominated every single aspect of the game. Same thing with a 60/20 game ...

Story Up
08-31-2009, 11:24 PM
People are complaining about Kobe taking 46 shots to score 81 points, lets do some research shall we:

Robinson scored 71 points while taking 41 shots (63%)
Jordan scored 69 points while taking 37 shots (62%)
Jordan scored 64 points while taking 49 shots (55%)
McGrady scored 62 points while taking 37 shots (54%)

These besides Kobe, are the four highest scoring games since 1986 I believe.

Now against Toronto Kobe scored 81 points on 46 shots; so Kobe scored 17 more points then Michael while taking 3 less shots; damn any "ball hog" can achieve what Kobe has if you take enough shots right guys?

Kobe also shoos 61% from the field to score those 81 points, almost identical FG% to Jordan's greatest scoring game of his career. Kobe scored 1.76 points per shot attempt.

Robinson was scoring on a 1.73 points per shot attempt, Jordan when he scored 69 points was on pace for 1.86 points per shot attempt and ONLY 1.31 points per shot attempt when he scored 64 points. McGrady's highest scoring game of his career was at a pace of 1.67 points per shot attempt.

If you guys want to know who had the most productive scoring game of ALL-TIME out of people who scored over 60 points, it was Kobe Bryant. He scored 62 points in three quarters while taking only 31 shots, that's an incredible 2 points per shot attempt.

Jordan scored over 60 points 4 times in his career; in those games he took 49, 39, 38 and 37 shots respectively since 1986.

Kobe achieved that mark 5 times in his career; in those games he took 46, 39, 31, 31, and 37 shots respectively.

Jordan on average attempted 40.75 shots to Kobe's 36.8 shots.
Oh one more thing, Kobe on average SCORED more while taking less shots.

In those games where each of them had over 60 points: Jordan averaged 63.75 PPG to Kobe's 65.8 PPG.

Who is the ball hog??

branslowski
08-31-2009, 11:25 PM
LMAO @ calling me a 'Lebron powder boy' I've rarely defended Lebron in this forum, and I don't even think he's the best in the game right now, I still think Kobe takes that title. And stop acting like your some real Kobe fan, I've exposed your phony a** plenty of times as bieng a Kobe Nutt Hugger.

:oldlol: ...So I just proved you were dead wrong to come out of nowhere and attack me (while agreeing with the point I was making)...Because there were LeBron fans talking sh!t....So you hurry to get away from that without saying..."OK, my fault"...Cool, anotherone in the check book.

"Stop acting lke your some real Kobe fan"....

Im a action figure Kobe fan?...:oldlol:

Oh I get it, you want me to be like AlphaWolf and call Kobe the GOAT, call Jordan garbage, call LeBron garbage, and say Kobe is the GOAT at everything, so your calling me a Kobe nut hugger can actually hold water....

:oldlol: This sh!t is light work...

branslowski
08-31-2009, 11:27 PM
People are complaining about Kobe taking 46 shots to score 81 points, lets do some research shall we:

Now against Toronto Kobe scored 81 points on 46 shots; so Kobe 17 more points then Michael while taking 3 less shots; damn any "ball hog" can achieve what Kobe has if you take enough shots right guys?

Kobe also shots 61% from the field to score those 81 points almost identical FG% to Jordan's greatest scoring game of his career. Kobe scored 1.76 points per shot attempt.

Robinson was scoring on a 1.73 points per shot attempt, Jordan when he scored 69 points was on pace for 1.86 points per shot attempt and ONLY 1.31 points per shot attempt when he scored 64 points. McGrady's highest scoring game of his career was at a pace of 1.67 points per shot attempt.

If you guys want to know who was the most productive scoring game of ALL-TIME out of people who scored over 60 points, it was Kobe Bryant. He scored 62 points in three quarters while taking only 31 shots, that's an incredible 2 points per shot attempt.

Jordan scored over 60 points 4 times in his career; in those games he took 49, 39, 38 and 37 shots respectively since 1986.

Kobe achieved that mark 5 times in his career; in those games he took 46, 39, 31, 31, and 37 shots respectively.

In those games where each of them had over 60 points: Jordan averaged 63.75 PPG to Kobe's 65.8 PPG.

Who is the ball hog??

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

REPPED.

(Are you new here? Or are you someones alter account?)

Bodhi
08-31-2009, 11:30 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

REPPED.

(Are you new here? Or are you someones alter account?)

What he said.

Mikaiel
08-31-2009, 11:31 PM
If you guys want to know who had the most productive scoring game of ALL-TIME out of people who scored over 60 points, it was Kobe Bryant. He scored 62 points in three quarters while taking only 31 shots, that's an incredible 2 points per shot attempt.

Karl Malone against the Bucks in 1990 : 61 points, 26 shots (2.35 points per shot attempt). In 33 minutes, same as Kobe.

Story Up
08-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Karl Malone against the Bucks in 1990 : 61 points, 26 shots (2.35 points per shot attempt). In 33 minutes, same as Kobe.

Yes that is correct I think Tom Chambers is in that mix too. Kobe, Chambers and Malone had the most productive scoring games since 1986 I believe. (Arenas as well scored 60 points while taking just 32 shots; I believe Iverson is the only player since 1986 to score 60 points while shooting less then 50%)

Anyways, this is all irrelevant I just wanted to pin point how many shots were taken by players who had similar scoring games.

KAJ=GOAT
08-31-2009, 11:35 PM

Now against Toronto Kobe scored 81 points on 46 shots; so Kobe scored 17 more points then Michael while taking 3 less shots; damn any "ball hog" can achieve what Kobe has if you take enough shots right guys?

Kobe also shoos 61% from the field to score those 81 points, almost identical FG% to Jordan's greatest scoring game of his career. Kobe scored 1.76 points per shot attempt.

Who is the ball hog??

Wasn't one of Jordans 60 pointers in a triple overtime?

"you know you done ****ed up right?"

branslowski
08-31-2009, 11:37 PM
???

I never said it wasn't a great game. Obviously it was. I never said it wasn't impressive because the Raptors sucked or because he hogged the ball. It was the greatest scoring display in NBA history, and nobody else could have done it. Maybe MJ but that's just fiction, we'll never know. But we do know that AI, LeBron, Wade, T-Mac, all those guys, no one even came close to 81 points. But Kobe did it, and he might have done it twice if the Mavs had been more competitive in his 62 point game. And all those guys have/had the ball in their hands as much as Kobe did that night, so that's irrelevant. And they also didn't come close when they played against the exact same Toronto team Kobe destroyed.

I just said it wasn't one of the best game ever because it happened in the regular season. That has nothing to do with the perfomance. I just can't rank a game that high, no matter how brilliant it was, if it happened during the regular season. It's not like there was a ton of pressure on the Lakers to win that game. It was just a regular game. They had 81 more of them that year. A loss wouldn't have been devastating. And the fact they got the W didn't really matter that much. But in the playoffs, pretty much every game is a must-win. And those games are the ones that really matter.

And I also said Hakeem's quadruple double was more impressive. Maybe you think I'm hating when I say that, but Kobe only dominated on one end of the floor that night. Sure we've never seen someone dominate that much for an entire game, but Hakeem pretty much dominated every single aspect of the game. Same thing with a 60/20 game ...

I feel you on that....But then you went on to stray away from the point at hand (the actuall game) and started talking about.."Well what did he do in the playoffs that year"....This might not seem like hating to you, but this is only because you arent a Bryant fan...

Imagine you just workd on a LeBron reg season mixed...And it's great, and you post it just for those who want to see it, meaning those who CLICK the thread...Then some Kobe fan comes in and say's something like....."Yeah, but he still F*cking lost in the playoffs, 3-1, ha, ha,"....You would say, yeah thats true, but what the F*ck does it have to do with just appreciating the sh!t im showing?

Maybe you don't get this....Again, I know your not a hater, but some of the comments were meaningless....No beef.

Mikaiel
08-31-2009, 11:41 PM
I feel you on that....But then you went on to stray away from the point at hand (the actuall game) and started talking about.."Well what did he do in the playoffs that year"....

That wasn't me. That was Maniak ...

branslowski
08-31-2009, 11:43 PM
That wasn't me. That was Maniak ...

Oh sh!t...I Deeply Apologize....Thats who I ment to say...

:D My Bad.

imdaman99
08-31-2009, 11:45 PM

Well, heres a hint...
wonderful. you support thuggery. i guess i see your true colors now :lol

Story Up
08-31-2009, 11:51 PM
wonderful. you support thuggery. i guess i see your true colors now :lol

I don't understand why basketball fans can't appreciate Kobe as a player. Some of you take his talent for granted.

Even if I wasn't a Laker fan, I'd still appreciate Kobe for what he brings to the game which is excitement, competitiveness and memories.

Anyways I'm done with this thread.

Maniak
08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
I love how much Im getting pointlessly bashed by pointless posters in this thread for 1 picture and a few anti-Kobe comments.

imdaman99
08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't understand why basketball fans can't appreciate Kobe as a player. Some of you take his talent for granted.

Even if I wasn't a Laker fan, I'd still appreciate Kobe for what he brings to the game which is excitement, competitiveness and memories.

Anyways I'm done with this thread.
Same. I'm actually not a Laker fan. I just like Kobe and his greatness.

I like players that will stick daggers and go for the kill. Plus he is clutch, I've always admired that about him.

bleedinpurpleTwo
08-31-2009, 11:57 PM
I love how much Im getting pointlessly bashed by pointless posters in this thread for 1 picture and a few anti-Kobe comments.

your avatar is fcuking annoying.

Maniak
08-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Good.

imdaman99
09-01-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm pretty sure he likes the attention. I love how he pretends as if he isn't enjoying someone actually quoting him :oldlol:

Hey buddy, how are the Suns doing nowadays? Oh did Kobe not score 81 this year? Oh yeah he did win a ring though. Heh

Maniak
09-01-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm pretty sure he likes the attention. I love how he pretends as if he isn't enjoying someone actually quoting him :oldlol:

Hey buddy, how are the Suns doing nowadays? Oh did Kobe not score 81 this year? Oh yeah he did win a ring though. Heh
I take the attention as long as you dish it, brah.

The Suns are doing better than your Knicks.

imdaman99
09-01-2009, 12:06 AM
I take the attention as long as you dish it, brah.

The Suns are doing better than your Knicks.
Oh are they? Oh yeah they did win 1 more playoff game than the Knicks did last year. You got me man.

Raider007
09-01-2009, 12:08 AM

Who is the ball hog??
I love it when someone spends the time to research the facts. Good or Bad, facts are the final word. Repped +1

Maniak
09-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Oh are they? Oh yeah they did win 1 more playoff game than the Knicks did last year. You got me man.
Lets see, the Knicks are just praying they can unload Jeffries and then land 2 superstars, basing their entire future on crossed fingers.

The Suns are mediocre 8th seed team right now who arent relying on luck in 2010.

branslowski
09-01-2009, 12:11 AM

Your actually not getting pointlessly bashed...Actually, no one really bashed you, just pointed out your hater comments....No big deal.

It was rather entertaining...

imdaman99
09-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Lets see, the Knicks are just praying they can unload Jeffries and then land 2 superstars, basing their entire future on crossed fingers.

The Suns are mediocre 8th seed team right now who arent relying on luck in 2010.
Dude, honestly I hate the situation the Knicks are in right now. But I think I'd much rather have the chance at Lebron or Wade and Bosh, than a no-win situation first round exit as the 8th seed as a best case scenario. Nash is getting up there, you counting on Amare to stick around? And than what do we have left? You don't even have Raja Bell anymore to maybe do a body slam next time Kobe drives to the basket.

Maniak
09-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Dude, honestly I hate the situation the Knicks are in right now. But I think I'd much rather have the chance at Lebron or Wade and Bosh, than a no-win situation first round exit as the 8th seed as a best case scenario. Nash is getting up there, you counting on Amare to stick around? And than what do we have left? You don't even have Raja Bell anymore to maybe do a body slam next time Kobe drives to the basket.
Suns have a chance at FAs, dont forget how cheap Sarver is, meaning we will be having big $$ quite soon...

But I REALLLYYYY dont feel like talking about the future of the Suns and taking over a thread about it.

Then again, this thread is already destined to e-hell.

Quizno
09-01-2009, 12:40 AM
damn, it's really hard to believe people in this thread are literally trying to play off Kobe's accomplishment like it's no big deal lol. it's okay if you dislike him as a player or even a person, but it's silly when you act like 81 points is an unremarkable feat.

Micku
09-01-2009, 01:50 AM
It was pretty historic when it comes to the NBA history. Pretty good accomplishment right there. I do like to watch it every now and then. I missed out on the game, wished I would've watched it when it first played live.

DKLaker
09-01-2009, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=Abraham Lincoln]Tis the truth.

Russell was 6'11 by modern measurement standards, & the centers were not midgets at the time. Unlike then our top center today is a 6'9 power forward with horrific body balance.

Walter Dukes (7'0", 220 lbs.)
Swede Halbrook (7'3, 235 lbs.)
Tom Boerwinkle (7'0", 265 lbs.)
Bob Lanier (6'11", 265 lbs.)
Darrall Imhoff (6'10", 220 lbs.)
Otto Moore (6'11", 210 lbs.)
Sam Lacey (6'10", 235 lbs.)
George Johnson (6'11", 245 lbs.)
Paul Ruffner (6'10", 230 lbs.)
Dick Cunningham (6'10", 245 lbs.)
Walt Bellamy (6'11", 225 lbs.)
Leroy Ellis (6'10", 210 lbs.)
Nate Thurmond (6'11", 235 lbs.)
Mel Counts (7'0", 235 lbs.)
Nate Bowman (6'10", 230 lbs.)
Clyde Lee (6'10", 210 lbs.)
Walt Wesley (6'11", 230 lbs.)
Henry Akin (6'10", 225 lbs.)
Hank Finkel (7'0", 240 lbs.)
Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (7'2", 225 lbs.)
Neal Walk (6'10", 220 lbs.)
Elmore Smith (7'0", 250 lbs.)
Jim McDaniels (6'11", 230 lbs.)
LaRue Martin (6'11", 215 lbs.)
Tom Riker (6'10", 225 lbs.)
Conrad Dierking (6'9", 225 lbs.)
Johnny

phoenix18
09-01-2009, 01:14 PM
This. Laker fans are attention whores. They like to have the SAME THREAD in two different forums just to get attention. Look at me!! I am a laker fan!!!

YAWN
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
This. Laker fans are attention whores. They like to have the SAME THREAD in two different forums just to get attention. Look at me!! I am a laker fan!!!

interesting way to interpret the thread.. I thought the point of the thread was to revisit this accomplishment and discuss.

But what do i know, its not like thats what he fukcing said..

DKLaker
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM

You win the award for the weakest Hater protest of All-Time!!!!!!
Is that the best you got????.......Really?????
:cry: :cry: :cry: Waaa waaaa waaaa The Lakers Fans are posting in two places.....really????
I think everything posted on the main board has also been posted on a team page....so WTF......wow!!!!
I'm sorry that the Lakers winning the Championship has made your life so miserable....deal with it.....MAN UP!!!! :roll:

phoenix18
09-01-2009, 01:31 PM
You win the award for the weakest Hater protest of All-Time!!!!!!
Is that the best you got????.......Really?????
:cry: :cry: :cry: Waaa waaaa waaaa The Lakers Fans are posting in two places.....really????
I think everything posted on the main board has also been posted on a team page....so WTF......wow!!!!
I'm sorry that the Lakers winning the Championship has made your life so miserable....deal with it.....MAN UP!!!! :roll:
What does this have to do with winning a championship. I love it how you guys view THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP as a personal accomplishment. Are you going to put it on your resume? Seriously, their no need for all of these Laker only topics you put in the NBA forum. Fans of other teams rarely do it.

phoenix18
09-01-2009, 01:36 PM
interesting way to interpret the thread.. I thought the point of the thread was to revisit this accomplishment and discuss.

But what do i know, its not like thats what he fukcing said..
Revisit? It was just three and a half years ago! You make it seem like it happened 10 years ago or something.

Doranku
09-01-2009, 01:42 PM
lol @ people saying anyone could get 81 against the Raptors with 46 shots. There's only a handful of players in the league who could get off 46 shots in a game, never mind them making 28 of them.

phoenix18
09-01-2009, 01:43 PM
lol @ people saying anyone could get 81 against the Raptors with 46 shots. There's only a handful of players in the league who could get off 46 shots in a game, never mind them making 28 of them.
Who said that?

Doranku
09-01-2009, 01:48 PM

Anyone who is capable of scoring in bunches or going on a hot streak. Yes, absolutely, 100%.

Slight exaggeration on my part, either way though.. to imply that anyone who can go on 'hot streaks' could score 81 points in a game is ridiculous.

DKLaker
09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
What does this have to do with winning a championship. I love it how you guys view THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP as a personal accomplishment. Are you going to put it on your resume? Seriously, their no need for all of these Laker only topics you put in the NBA forum. Fans of other teams rarely do it.

Take off those Hater colored glasses of yours.......have you looked at all the ridiculous threads on the main page???? I wish more of the threads were actually about something rather than sheer stupid posts and hater comments.
This was beyond a doubt, if not the greatest performance in NBA history, then in the top 5.....period!!!!!!!! I think that is certainly worth talking about.....and it's not going away!!!!!
Don't cry man....I know you wish the Suns hadn't imploded by trading Marion for Shaq and had actually won a championship....EVER.....then you would know what it feels like......then maybe you could release all that hate:roll:

LA_Showtime
09-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I would like to personally thank the posters who wasted their time arguing over the internet for the first 5-6 pages. You made my day more entertaining... I would rather read this garbage than study.

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 02:22 PM
The GOAT scoring performance of the modern era what more can be said, the fact that Kobe did it mostly with jumpshots compared to Wilt shooting over 6'7" white guys makes Kobe's performance more impressive imo. People trash this because Kobe took so many shots.

But why doesn't Wilt get trashed for his 100 point game? First off the Knicks starting center Phil Jordan was sidelined, Wilt was guarded by backups all game long.

Nextly he took 63 shots.

Kobe only took 46 shots.

Wilt shot 17 more times than Kobe but only got 19 more points. And that was Wilt all of 7'0" vs backup 6'6" guys.

When you look at the facts Kobe's game is more impressive in every aspect

Leviathon1121
09-01-2009, 05:44 PM
So I am curious, the main jist of this thread is that Bryant's 81 point game is more impressive then Wilt's 100 point game because of the level of competition.

Ok, now I know we have all seen Bryant's 81 compared to Jordan's 63, really the only thing Bryant fans say to that is 81>63 followed by 100 rolling smiley faces.

But what if we put the logic of 81>100 because of competition towards Jordans 63? You have Jordan, against what is considered one of the greatest teams of all time, in the Boston Garden, where they went 40-2 I believe, and in the playoffs against Bryant scoring 81, against the Raptors, in the regular season, in LA...I don't know Bryant fans, based on your own logic you argue with, Jordan's 63 looks like it wipes the floor with Bryant's 81

So which is it guys, is 100>81 or is 63>81, based on the logic you guys argue with you have to choose one.

T-Low
09-01-2009, 05:44 PM
This thread is still going?

OneMoreSucka
09-01-2009, 05:46 PM
So I am curious, the main jist of this thread is that Bryant's 81 point game is more impressive then Wilt's 100 point game because of the level of competition.

Ok, now I know we have all seen Bryant's 81 compared to Jordan's 63, really the only thing Bryant fans say to that is 81>63 followed by 100 rolling smiley faces.

But what if we put the logic of 81>100 because of competition towards Jordans 63? You have Jordan, against what is considered one of the greatest teams of all time, in the Boston Garden, where they went 40-2 I believe, and in the playoffs against Bryant scoring 81, against the Raptors, in the regular season, in LA...I don't know Bryant fans, based on your own logic you argue with, Jordan's 63 looks like it wipes the floor with Bryant's 81

So which is it guys, is 100>81 or is 63>81, based on the logic you guys argue with you have to choose one.
Holy **** you really overuse commas.

phoenix18
09-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Take off those Hater colored glasses of yours.......have you looked at all the ridiculous threads on the main page???? I wish more of the threads were actually about something rather than sheer stupid posts and hater comments.
This was beyond a doubt, if not the greatest performance in NBA history, then in the top 5.....period!!!!!!!! I think that is certainly worth talking about.....and it's not going away!!!!!
Don't cry man....I know you wish the Suns hadn't imploded by trading Marion for Shaq and had actually won a championship....EVER.....then you would know what it feels like......then maybe you could release all that hate:roll:
I am not a suns fan. Go be stupid somewhere else. Sorry, you lose.

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM

Kobe went against a starter, Wilt went against backups. Wilt shot 17 more shots than Kobe and only got 19 more points. What is hard for you to understand?

And 63 is not >81 moron.

Leviathon1121
09-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Kobe went against a starter, Wilt went against backups. Wilt shot 17 more shots than Kobe and only got 19 more points. What is hard for you to understand?

And 63 is not >81 moron.

And here we have both arguments at the same time. 81 > 100 because of the competition, yet 81 > 63 despite the 63 coming against far far far better competition. Stop calling people morons and pick an argument.

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 08:59 PM
And here we have both arguments at the same time. 81 > 100 because of the competition, yet 81 > 63 despite the 63 coming against far far far better competition. Stop calling people morons and pick an argument.
wrong again. Kobe made most of his points on jumpers from the perimeter. Wilt just shot hook shots and dunks all day over players he had a foot advantage over.

Jordan got 63 driving to the hole mostly.

How is 63 from layups over 81 from jumpshots from you? You make no sense

Raider007
09-01-2009, 09:01 PM

Bryant`s 81 is more impressive than Jordan`s 63 because...

Bryant played 42 minutes to score 81, where Jordan played 50 to score 63 (2OT)

Bryant scored 81 and won that game
Jordan scored 63 and lost that game

nuff said :cheers:

sirkeelma
09-01-2009, 09:12 PM
If you replace him with Dora The Explorer, she could score 90+ points

Raider007
09-01-2009, 09:16 PM
If you replace him with Dora The Explorer, she could score 90+ points

brilliant:rolleyes:

Fatal9
09-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Bryant`s 81 is more impressive than Jordan`s 63 because...

Bryant played 42 minutes to score 81, where Jordan played 50 to score 63 (2OT)

Bryant scored 81 and won that game
Jordan scored 63 and lost that game

nuff said :cheers:
It's one of the least impressive 60 point games I've ever seen. Just took an outrageous amount of chemistry killing shots. Seriously, who takes 40+ shots in a playoff game? I think Iverson is the only other player to take that many in a playoff game in the last 25-30 years. I haven't seen the game in a while but I was just in awe at how shameless that performance was.

gxL
09-01-2009, 09:24 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/elaing.zhang/RuLn0bNvLpI/AAAAAAAAC48/oNfn3EB6aKU/s800/5059745_m_5059747_874.jpg

Raider007
09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/elaing.zhang/RuLn0bNvLpI/AAAAAAAAC48/oNfn3EB6aKU/s800/5059745_m_5059747_874.jpg

Rather have an american beach babe :rockon:

http://www.surfersvillage.com/gal/pictures/640_beauties34-Dugan-1_1.jpg

OldSchoolBBall
09-01-2009, 09:49 PM
It's one of the least impressive 60 point games I've ever seen. Just took an outrageous amount of chemistry killing shots. Seriously, who takes 40+ shots in a playoff game? I think Iverson is the only other player to take that many in a playoff game in the last 25-30 years. I haven't seen the game in a while but I was just in awe at how shameless that performance was.

:oldlol:

Agenda overload. :oldlol:

Abraham Lincoln
09-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Abe, Thou dost tell a lie......well at least exaggerate greatly. :D

I'm an old guy, I actually met most of these players during their playing career and watched them all play.
It was 1962 when Wilt scored 100 points.....unfortunately I wasn't there.
Why do you list players who werent playing in 1962? Most....almost all you list came in after.....or way after 1962.
In 1962 the NBA only had 9 teams!!!
Shaq would've been ruled illegal back then....or the would've instituted a weight rule to try to make him somewhat guardable....after he went off for multiple 100+ point games.
Sorry but the athletes of 1961-1962 were COMPLETELY inferior to athletes of today. You wouldn't even see a SF who could block Wilt's shots then, today you may see the smallest PG Nate Robinson block Yao Ming, overall the sizes, strength and leaping ability of "Help Defenders" is something Wilt never had to deal with in his career. Unlike some of the kids on here I do say that Wilt in todays game would still be a very solid All-Star player......I don't hold the weak competition against him, but I realize that there is no way in hell that he would EVER score more than 60 points (Benefit of the doubt) against these NBA players....no way at all!!!!!

Very solid ALL Star? :eek: Perceived ppg shan't be the mere proper method of rank now. For Wilt Chamberlain in his own words could have scored 100 a number of other times. But there be no reason to believe that he would not be the top player in the modern association.

Perhaps he may not get over 60 today, due to the possible Hack-a-Wilt & the setup of the modern rules being such a hinderance to bigs. Under equal rules for guards/bigs (1947-2001), he could score 60, 70, or even 80+, depending on the variance of minutes played & shot attempts. His probable averages today be similar to 30 points, 20 rebounds 7 assists, 6 blocks, 68% FG

DKLaker
09-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Very solid ALL Star? :eek: Perceived ppg shan't be the mere proper method of rank now. For Wilt Chamberlain in his own words could have scored 100 a number of other times. But there be no reason to believe that he would not be the top player in the modern association.

Perhaps he may not get over 60 today, due to the possible Hack-a-Wilt & the setup of the modern rules being such a hinderance to bigs. Under equal rules for guards/bigs (1947-2001), he could score 60, 70, or even 80+, depending on the variance of minutes played & shot attempts. His probable averages today be similar to 30 points, 20 rebounds 7 assists, 6 blocks, 68% FG

YOU are delirious!!!! Reality= 25 points, 14 boards, 5 assists and 2.5 blocks....along with a whole lot of foul trouble.

Wilt's bragging about potential 100 point games was just Wilt being Wilt.
Wilt in his Prime would NEVER score more than 60 against the worst team today...and as for FG% 55 MAX!!!!! There is no way in hell he would be better than prime Shaq!!!!

DKLaker
09-02-2009, 12:19 AM
wrong again. Kobe made most of his points on jumpers from the perimeter. Wilt just shot hook shots and dunks all day over players he had a foot advantage over.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Abraham Lincoln
09-02-2009, 01:18 AM
YOU are delirious!!!! Reality= 25 points, 14 boards, 5 assists and 2.5 blocks....along with a whole lot of foul trouble.

Wilt's bragging about potential 100 point games was just Wilt being Wilt.
Wilt in his Prime would NEVER score more than 60 against the worst team today...and as for FG% 55 MAX!!!!! There is no way in hell he would be better than prime Shaq!!!!
Yes he was a superior rebounder & defender to O'Neal. But that would be very close. Again, a peaked O'Neal is not in the NBA anymore, but if he was he would also be the top player in basketball.
Chamberlain's FG% would be at least 60%, & and 15+ rebounds, granted if this be the 1967 Chamberlain, and he would be the one causing foul trouble for the opponents. If the 6'9 Dwight Howard, who has virtually no advantages over Chamberlain besides his foul shooting & dance moves, can average 14 rebounds, then Chamberlain should be able to as well. On the 2006 Suns he could be a 20/25/4/8/70% FG player. All of this applies for a peak O'Neal as well.

amfirst
09-02-2009, 02:02 AM

Because no one else can score 81 points and win. :pimp:

1987_Lakers
09-02-2009, 02:07 AM

1987_Lakers
09-02-2009, 02:08 AM

OMFG:roll:

sergiorodriguez
09-02-2009, 03:36 AM
WIlt took 63 shots in a game why doesn't he ever get flack for that.

Mikaiel
09-02-2009, 03:41 AM

1. It was a playoff game.

2. It was against what's arguably the greatest team of all-time.

Lebron23
09-02-2009, 03:57 AM
Kobe "Scoring Machine" Bryant.

How many FGA did he average in the 2006-2007 NBA Season?

Allstar24
09-02-2009, 04:02 AM
1. It was a playoff game.

2. It was against what's arguably the greatest team of all-time.
1. They lost the game.

2. He played 11 more minutes, had 41 shot attempts and still fell short of Kobe's record by 18 points.

What else?

Mikaiel
09-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Kobe "Scoring Machine" Bryant.

How many FGA did he average in the 2006-2007 NBA Season?

purple32gold
09-02-2009, 04:05 AM
lol at people really reachin deep to try to disprove that game/the season.