PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio officially traded to Barcelona. May come to Wolves in 2011-12

Jonelo
08-25-2009, 11:32 PM
http://www.lavanguardia.es/deportes/noticias/20090826/53772474560/acuerdo-entre-barsa-y-penya-para-el-traspaso-de-ricky-rubio-barsa-joventut-joan-laporta-florentino-p.html

The digital version of the "La Vanguardia" , maybe the most prestigious newspaper of Barcelona , asserts that is closed the deal between FC Barcelona and DKV Joventud, the agreement will be official in few hours. Something more than 3.5 million of buyout. The contract might be to 5 years, with a cheap buyout since the third year - 700.000 euros ?

Lebron23
08-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Ok

Are you from Spain?

How can I watch the Euroleague Online?

Jonelo
08-25-2009, 11:52 PM
You have something like the "League Pass" of the NBA in the Euroleague . Still can not purchase the pass of the Euroleague.

http://euroleague.infrontams.tv/#

http://www.euroleague.net/

I think ESPN has also broadcasting some time Euroleague matches, but I'm not sure.

The other option is to seek illegal links, but quality is usually not good.

Unfortunately, the Euroleague are not many games, the national leagues are still a drag to play a Euroleague with many games between teams of high level

Lebron23
08-25-2009, 11:54 PM
You have something like the "League Pass" of the NBA in the Euroleague . Still can not purchase the pass of the Euroleague.

http://euroleague.infrontams.tv/#

http://www.euroleague.net/

I think ESPN has also broadcasting some time Euroleague matches, but I'm not sure.

The other option is to seek illegal links, but quality is usually not good.

Unfortunately, the Euroleague are not many games, the national leagues are still a drag to play a Euroleague with many games between teams of high level

Thanks

Repped

Huey Freeman
08-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks

Repped
NBA TV shows games as well.

Reverend Hoops
08-26-2009, 09:27 AM
http://www.marca.com/2009/08/26/baloncesto/acb/1251278631.html

Ricky Rubio, the 5th pick of the Minnesota Timberwolves in this year's draft, has agreed to terms on a contract with Regal Barcelona.

The Spanish team will pay a buyout of 3.7 million Euros, approximately $5.3 million, to Rubio's previous team, Joventut.

Rubio will sign a six-year agreement that contains an affordable buyout in 2011.

bagelred
08-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Sooooooooooo........this means he's not coming to NBA for at least 2 years? :confusedshrug:

ProfessorMurder
08-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Sooooooooooo........this means he's not coming to NBA for at least 2 years? :confusedshrug:

Sooooooooo... This means the T'Wolves are just as retarded as they've ever been.

twolvesfan
08-26-2009, 09:37 AM
this sucks. wait a minute, the source is marca. although im 99% this time it is actually real marca is notoriously unreliable, id wait until a more reputable source comes out. see you in 2010 ricky

bagelred
08-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Sooooooooo... This means the T'Wolves are just as retarded as they've ever been.

Maybe not. Maybe it's a good thing.

Rubio gets more seasoned in professional league for another two years, takes his lumps and when he's even better, he'll come over to TWolves. Minny will still have him on his 4 year rookie scale.

Let's face it, Minny doesn't care if they win or lose now. They probably WANT to lose more to get some higher draft picks, although they'll never admit that publicly. Why else would they trade a decent player in Richardson for a stiff like Blount?

This will be a good thing for Minny, just need patience.

Or just trade him to NYK? :lol We'll take him.

godofgods
08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Damn, that's too bad. He could've instantly turned the Wolves into contender.

twolvesfan
08-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Maybe not. Maybe it's a good thing.

Rubio gets more seasoned in professional league for another two years, takes his lumps and when he's even better, he'll come over to TWolves. Minny will still have him on his 4 year rookie scale.

Let's face it, Minny doesn't care if they win or lose now. They probably WANT to lose more to get some higher draft picks, although they'll never admit that publicly. Why else would they trade a decent player in Richardson for a stiff like Blount?

This will be a good thing for Minny, just need patience.

Or just trade him to NYK? :lol We'll take him.
+1 well said. only thing i disagree with is you calling Qrich a decent player:oldlol: . anyway Kahn has said in the past that he hopes to have this roster set by the start of the season after this one

bagelred
08-26-2009, 09:59 AM
+1 well said. only thing i disagree with is you calling Qrich a decent player:oldlol: . anyway Kahn has said in the past that he hopes to have this roster set by the start of the season after this one

Haha....well Q isn't THAT bad, and he's much better than Blount. And Q seemed like a player TWolves could use, so you could see they have no care in the world about winning. Just saving bucks for now and being as bad as possible.

Teams draft players and wait for them. It happens alot. Celtics waited for Bird for a year. Spurs waited for Robinson to finish Navy stint. But we live in such a NOW culture, everyone thinks Kahn is a fool. Kahn is very smart and his patience will pay off......

Jonelo
08-26-2009, 10:05 AM
this sucks. wait a minute, the source is marca. although im 99% this time it is actually real marca is notoriously unreliable, id wait until a more reputable source comes out. see you in 2010 ricky

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144767

Lakas Fan Yo
08-26-2009, 10:17 AM
It was announced on ERT World. It's official according to them. He will make $2.8 million per season on a 6 year contract. Buyouts after the 2nd and 3rd years are possible. The 2nd year buyout would be much bigger than the 3rd year buyout.

Rubio in other words will officially play with Barca for the next 2-3 seasons.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-26-2009, 10:19 AM

According to ERT World Barca is already scheduling the press conference for the next week.

Interminator
08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
It was announced on ERT World. It's official according to them. He will make $2.8 million per season on a 6 year contract. Buyouts after the 2nd and 3rd years are possible. The 2nd year buyout would be much bigger than the 3rd year buyout.

Rubio in other words will officially play with Barca for the next 2-3 seasons.
Seriously this really makes me angry, Why declare for the NBA Draft in the first place if you're not planning to come over for 2-3 years?

The T'Wolves ****ed up big time, his value will not increase overseas because he will still have to adapt to the NBA system. That is why NBA teams want Euros young at 18 or 19 in order to develop them in the NBA system early on. He'll basically be Jose Calderon when he comes over to the NBA at 22, with experience overseas but not experienced in the NBA game and will have to pick it up quicker.

So Minnesota basically will only have Rubio if Jonny Flynn is a complete Draft Bust, and Minnesota will trade Rubio if Jonny Flynn is successful. A boneheaded move only considered to be smart by twolvesfan.

DuMa
08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
you were never welcome here ricky

Interminator
08-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Haha....well Q isn't THAT bad, and he's much better than Blount. And Q seemed like a player TWolves could use, so you could see they have no care in the world about winning. Just saving bucks for now and being as bad as possible.

Teams draft players and wait for them. It happens alot. Celtics waited for Bird for a year. Spurs waited for Robinson to finish Navy stint. But we live in such a NOW culture, everyone thinks Kahn is a fool. Kahn is very smart and his patience will pay off......
His patience will pay off if Flynn fails. The problem is he drafted duplicate positions back to back, he wont have both when the time comes. Instead of Hitting a Home Run by drafting 2 players who will contribute together, he did a Sacrifice fly to have 1 of them advance while the other is out.

bagelred
08-26-2009, 10:42 AM
So Minnesota basically will only have Rubio if Jonny Flynn is a complete Draft Bust, and Minnesota will trade Rubio if Jonny Flynn is successful. A boneheaded move only considered to be smart by twolvesfan.

You just don't understand. It's Ricky Rubio!!!! GM's love him!!!!! He's white, he passes, he makes his teammates better. Morey, Pritchard, Thorn, and Kahn are all having a circle jerk thinking about Rubio.

Even if Rubio never plays a game in the U.S., drafting Rubio is totally worth it. Kahn is the envy of all the smart GM's.

PleezeBelieve
08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
You talk abut much to do about nothing. What a puss this guy is.

Lame.

Interminator
08-26-2009, 10:58 AM
You just don't understand. It's Ricky Rubio!!!! GM's love him!!!!! He's white, he passes, he makes his teammates better. Morey, Pritchard, Thorn, and Kahn are all having a circle jerk thinking about Rubio.

Even if Rubio never plays a game in the U.S., drafting Rubio is totally worth it. Kahn is the envy of all the smart GM's.

Rubio is like male jailbait. Everybody wants a piece of him until he gets older and then well.... hes just not what he used to be.

kshutts1
08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Seriously this really makes me angry, Why declare for the NBA Draft in the first place if you're not planning to come over for 2-3 years?

The T'Wolves ****ed up big time, his value will not increase overseas because he will still have to adapt to the NBA system. That is why NBA teams want Euros young at 18 or 19 in order to develop them in the NBA system early on. He'll basically be Jose Calderon when he comes over to the NBA at 22, with experience overseas but not experienced in the NBA game and will have to pick it up quicker.

Let's assume that Rubio will only improve while playing overseas for the next year or two.

That puts Kahn in an enviable position... if Flynn does NOT pan out, then we can logically assume that he wouldn't have panned out even if Rubio had come over this season. Therefore Flynn being a bust is independent of Ricky.

However, if Flynn DOES pan out (which is debatably dependent upon Ricky playing or not playing here -- more chances for Flynn, etc) then Kahn has Flynn, a good player, and another guy that every GM STILL covets (again, assuming Ricky doesn't get hurt or suddenly turn into a terrible Euro player). Now, he can trade NBA-good Flynn for another solid player to play alongside Rubio, or he can trade the rights to Ricky for a good player to play alongside Flynn... How is that not a good situation?

MannyO
08-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Kahn is an idiot. I know for sure Flynn is not gonna be a bust. He loves the game too much and he is not in it for the money. He works hard and he competes. Hes better than Rubio.

BigTicket
08-26-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm really not seeing how this is a disaster for the Wolves. So they have to wait two years, so what ? Rubio will still only be 20, and he'll be more polished by then, but will still only get payed a rookie contract. It's not like the Wolves are going anywhere the next two years and need help right now.

Sure it could end up being the case that he doesn't live up to the hype, but even then I don't see how he won't be at least a decent backup PG, and there will be plenty of teams who would like one of those for a rookie salary, even if the Wolves find themselves not needing it.

At the end of the day the Wolves had the 5th pick in a weak draft, and they went for potential, not exactly a new idea.

Interminator
08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Let's assume that Rubio will only improve while playing overseas for the next year or two.
Rubio can improve overseas but he still has to translate it to the NBA, some of the most skilled European players were not able to translate their game effectively in the NBA. Rubio being 18 would give him time to develop his game early, he would be given a longer tolerance for mistakes because of his youth. However at 22 or 23, that leash will be much shorter espescially considering he was the #5 Pick.

That puts Kahn in an enviable position... if Flynn does NOT pan out, then we can logically assume that he wouldn't have panned out even if Rubio had come over this season. Therefore Flynn being a bust is independent of Ricky.
OK, but still Kahn will have made a bad pick there.

However, if Flynn DOES pan out (which is debatably dependent upon Ricky playing or not playing here -- more chances for Flynn, etc) then Kahn has Flynn, a good player, and another guy that every GM STILL covets (again, assuming Ricky doesn't get hurt or suddenly turn into a terrible Euro player). Now, he can trade NBA-good Flynn for another solid player to play alongside Rubio, or he can trade the rights to Ricky for a good player to play alongside Flynn... How is that not a good situation?
Rubio's value will not be any higher than it is right now, and no smart GM will move a good player to acquire an unproven PG like Rubio. When GM's trade a good player, its for a draft pick to select a specific player or its to dump salary.

Why should a GM trade a player like Kevin Martin to Minnesota to acquire Rubio who will still have to adjust to the American game when he arrives.

If Flynn turns out to be a good player, what smart GM would trade away their already proven PG to give an opportunity to an unproven PG they drafted years ago? That would make no sense, and set Minnesota back espescially if Flynn is a key component of their offense and would only be 23.

Interminator
08-26-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm really not seeing how this is a disaster for the Wolves. So they have to wait two years, so what ? Rubio will still only be 20, and he'll be more polished by then, but will still only get payed a rookie contract. It's not like the Wolves are going anywhere the next two years and need help right now.
Rubio will be 21 if not older, because he will still have to buy himself out of the contract to come to the NBA. Hell theres a chance he may not come over until the end of the 6 year contract.

Sure it could end up being the case that he doesn't live up to the hype, but even then I don't see how he won't be at least a decent backup PG, and there will be plenty of teams who would like one of those for a rookie salary, even if the Wolves find themselves not needing it.
If Rubio, the #5 Pick in the 2009 NBA Draft ends up becoming a NBA back-up. Without question he will be ranked among the Biggest Draft Busts of All-Time, and I personally would rank him up there as well. When you come with such hype as he has for the last several years, the lowest tolerable output in your NBA career would be as an average starting PG with flashy passes like Jason Williams.

At the end of the day the Wolves had the 5th pick in a weak draft, and they went for potential, not exactly a new idea.
But they went for potential with both of their Lottery Picks at the same position, if it was such a weak Draft they could've traded down and filled their needs at PG, SG, and SF in June.

They could've went
Teague-#18
Williams-#6
Clark-#5

Reaches, but it fills a need and gives you a chance to evaluate their potential on the team and whether or not to upgrade next June at one of those positions.

MannyO
08-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Isn't overseas a slower style of play than the NBA so idk how much he is going to improve.

BigTicket
08-26-2009, 11:35 AM
If Rubio, the #5 Pick in the 2009 NBA Draft ends up becoming a NBA back-up. Without question he will be ranked among the Biggest Draft Busts of All-Time, and I personally would rank him up there as well. When you come with such hype as he has for the last several years, the lowest tolerable output in your NBA career would be as an average starting PG with flashy passes like Jason Williams.

You need to go back and have a look at the draft history. Every draft has a couple of top 10 picks that end up leaving the league after just a few years, and many more who end up as bench players. For a #5 pick in a weak draft to do so is nothing at all unusual, never mind a top draft bust of all time.

Interminator
08-26-2009, 11:44 AM
You need to go back and have a look at the draft history. Every draft has a couple of top 10 picks that end up leaving the league after just a few years, and many more who end up as bench players. For a #5 pick in a weak draft to do so is nothing at all unusual, never mind a top draft bust of all time.
You're already considering this Draft to be Weak before the season has even started, Rubio's fate due to his Draft positioning wont be determined until maybe 5-10 years down the line.

The fact that he will constantly be compared with Flynn's career, who was selected by Minnesota with the following pick will also be apart of his legacy.

kshutts1
08-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Rubio can improve overseas but he still has to translate it to the NBA, some of the most skilled European players were not able to translate their game effectively in the NBA. Rubio being 18 would give him time to develop his game early, he would be given a longer tolerance for mistakes because of his youth. However at 22 or 23, that leash will be much shorter espescially considering he was the #5 Pick.

OK, but still Kahn will have made a bad pick there.

Rubio's value will not be any higher than it is right now, and no smart GM will move a good player to acquire an unproven PG like Rubio. When GM's trade a good player, its for a draft pick to select a specific player or its to dump salary.

Why should a GM trade a player like Kevin Martin to Minnesota to acquire Rubio who will still have to adjust to the American game when he arrives.

If Flynn turns out to be a good player, what smart GM would trade away their already proven PG to give an opportunity to an unproven PG they drafted years ago? That would make no sense, and set Minnesota back espescially if Flynn is a key component of their offense and would only be 23.
I think there are about 7 smart GMs in the league... so odds are that someone will bite.

We all remember trading a perennial 20/10 guy (Brand) for a HS kid, right? And Gasol for chump change? And the Lakers trading a proven C for a HS kid named Kobe, etc, etc..

The league is full of idiots, unfortunately, and while it's not the best strategy, I think Kahn may have been relying on some idiot to clean up the possible mess this whole time. I mean... he drafted Plan A and Plan B, yet probably already had Plan C (Rubio not coming over) planned and thought out...

I only give the guy the benefit of the doubt because it's what I would have done. A good example (on a much lesser scale) is I just traded for Westbrook in my fantasy football league. We start two RBs and three WRs.. I gave up my 2nd WR for Westbrook, who will be my THIRD RB (I'm stacked there). I'm banking on someone biting on Westbrook for a WR better than Colston (who I gave up to get him).

Kahn could very well be doing that.

BigTicket
08-26-2009, 11:56 AM
You're already considering this Draft to be Weak before the season has even started, Rubio's fate due to his Draft positioning wont be determined until maybe 5-10 years down the line.

In that case maybe you should wait 5-10 years before saying the Wolves completely ****ed up ? Or at least 3 years until we see if Rubio comes over when he can, and how he does.

I mean honestly, if you were him would you pay over $6 million of your own money to leave your home behind and go play in Minnesota ? I sure as hell wouldn't. People are hating on him for no good reason.

sergiorodriguez
08-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Rubio is so overrated and not that good. You guys will all be so disappointed when he comes over here. Just so y'alls know, he isn't even better than Jose Calderon.

BigTicket
08-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Why are people comparing Rubio to Calderon as if that's a bad thing ? Calderon is an excellent PG in the NBA.

chains5000
08-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Why are people comparing Rubio to Calderon as if that's a bad thing ? Calderon is an excellent PG in the NBA.
Just ignore him, he even claims Sergio Rodriguez's a better player too.:rolleyes:

Sicknote
08-26-2009, 01:27 PM
YahooSportsNBA: There is no deal done with Regal Barcelona for Ricky Rubio, a source with dorect knowledge tells Y! Sports

And yes, Yahoo Sports spelled direct wrong.

twolvesfan
08-26-2009, 01:28 PM
And yes, Yahoo Sports spelled direct wrong.
oh boy another false alarm:hammerhead:

Lakas Fan Yo
08-26-2009, 08:01 PM
At the end of the Spain - Israel game they said that it is official. Joventut accepted the buyout and his rights have been given to Barcelona.

bagelred
08-26-2009, 08:03 PM
At the end of the Spain - Israel game they said that it is official. Joventut accepted the buyout and his rights have been given to Barcelona.

And then a soccer fight broke out.

Jeffrey_Teague
08-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Is this one actually forshure forshure or what

Lakas Fan Yo
08-26-2009, 08:46 PM

At the end of the Israel and Spain game they interviewed Rubio.

It was in Spanish but in English it is something like:

Reporter: "So you will be playing with FC Barcelona next year?"

Rubio: "I don't anything as my advisers have not told me anything yet."

Reporter: "Well we have just gotten word and it is a completed deal. Joventut has accepted the buyout offer and you will play in Barcelona."

So it would seem pretty much done.

twolvesfan
08-26-2009, 11:11 PM
id wait until penya or barcelona actually have something to say about this. so far every source that is actually involved with rubio and his buy out deny anything has happened

twolvesfan
08-29-2009, 09:32 PM
:oldlol: now the favor is back in Minnesota's ball court.

http://dunkingwithwolves.com/2009/08/29/rubio-update-829/\

[quote]Here is what was

BrilliantLegacy
08-29-2009, 10:48 PM
:lol :lol

twolvesfan
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
more positive rumors

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elmundodeportivo.es%2Fgen%2F200 90830%2F53775138024%2Fnoticia%2Fricky-esta-todo-abierto.html&sl=es&tl=en&history_state0=
[quote]DKV-Timberwolves game
Spanish promoters, however, have begun to turn that is friendly and date: 10 October 2010. Inicialmente se quer

Jonelo
08-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Well , now seems that is true . And seems that Ricky go to Barcelona ..perphas :oldlol:

http://ronsu.wordpress.com/2009/08/31/resolucio-avui/

[QUOTE]The "culebron" elongated so that it is difficult to know when to end. The resolution, however, could be a matter of hours, who knows if minutes ? . The Bar

DuMa
08-31-2009, 03:21 PM
why are we still talking about this guy again? hes overrated and doesnt want to play in the NBA apparently. so forget this guy.

04mzwach
08-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Well , now seems that is true . And seems that Ricky go to Barcelona ..perphas :oldlol:

http://ronsu.wordpress.com/2009/08/31/resolucio-avui/

But the last information is from the radio Cadena SER . The DKV Joventud accept the offer of Minnesota, and the final decision is for Ricky . The offer of Minnesota is a mllon less than the offer of FC Barcelona
If he takes the deal with Minnesota it will make his future in the NBA a lot brighter. It all depends whether he has the balls to put his game to the test. If he thinks he can play, then he will choose the NBA because he'll make tons in the future if he shows promise.

dbugz
08-31-2009, 04:05 PM
why are we still talking about this guy again? hes overrated and doesnt want to play in the NBA apparently. so forget this guy.

+1 so much hype with this kid. enough is enough. NBA don't need a primadonna.

Luigi
08-31-2009, 04:23 PM
He's smart to avoid the big league. He wouldn't live up to expectations.

Internationally, he can be the rockstar he wants to.
He learned from Vassilis Spanoulis.

kshutts1
08-31-2009, 04:50 PM
+1 so much hype with this kid. enough is enough. NBA don't need a pre-Madonna.
primadonna :hammerhead:

Chuck Thou NBA
08-31-2009, 04:58 PM

Uhhh no. You got it all wrong. *Does the Mutumbo finger sh*t he does*
Ricky Rubio wants to play in the NBA, but he's having problems negotiating his Euroleague contract. He wants to play for the NBA, it's been his life long dream. Maybe the media hyped him up a little bit too much but he is pretty good. He makes his teammates better, he's a pesky defender, very creative passes and ballhandling. Sometimes he will showboat and that might make opponents hate him, but he's pretty good. He's like Rajon Rondo but not as good as a defender.

Bodin
08-31-2009, 05:02 PM

I agree. Forget him and maybe when he becomes a man should he consider playing in the NBA.

Bodin
08-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Uhhh no. You got it all wrong. *Does the Mutumbo finger sh*t he does*
Ricky Rubio wants to play in the NBA, but he's having problems negotiating his Euroleague contract. He wants to play for the NBA, it's been his life long dream. Maybe the media hyped him up a little bit too much but he is pretty good. He makes his teammates better, he's a pesky defender, very creative passes and ballhandling. Sometimes he will showboat and that might make opponents hate him, but he's pretty good. He's like Rajon Rondo but not as good as a defender.

He's pretty good... in international (euro style) basketball. That's it.

And I am pretty sure you just dissed Rondo.

twolvesfan
08-31-2009, 05:26 PM
i thought we already learned to ignore pretty much everything regarding rubio until DKV officially announces something?

dbugz
08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
primadonna :hammerhead:

LOL fixed! Damn I really need some sleep :oldlol:

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2009, 05:51 PM

Because unlike you some people know the NBA does not = "the world of basketball"

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2009, 05:52 PM
He's smart to avoid the big league. He wouldn't live up to expectations.

Internationally, he can be the rockstar he wants to.
He learned from Vassilis Spanoulis.

That's funny because Spanoulis is by far the most hated player in Europe. He's like Kobe in Europe he has so many haters.

SCY
08-31-2009, 05:56 PM
The NBA needs to step in here, maybe make it so you have to be bought out to join the draft, or at least to be taken in the 1st round? Because this sh.t is lame.

DuMa
08-31-2009, 05:57 PM
Because unlike you some people know the NBA does not = "the world of basketball"
the forum is meant for NBA discussion. i do realize there are some teams outside the NBA that could probably beat a few of the sh!t teams in the NBA.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2009, 06:08 PM
the forum is meant for NBA discussion. i do realize there are some teams outside the NBA that could probably beat a few of the sh!t teams in the NBA.

Rubio is an NBA draft pick. So you have no point with that post.

DuMa
08-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Rubio is an NBA draft pick. So you have no point with that post.

i dont really care. Rubio is overrated and i for one will be glad when i dont have to hear his name around NBA circles anymore.

SCdac
08-31-2009, 06:36 PM
I won't say he's overrated, underrated, or anything really, but I would like to see him play in the league he signed up for last April, sometime soon. Even if he's a bench player at first, I just want to see him tough it out in the league like any other young rookie. I'm all for a diverse, multi-cultural, group of players in the NBA. The Spurs held the rights to Luis Scola for like 5 years, and it eventually wore on both parties to point where SA traded him for merely roster flexibility. It's a different situation, surely, but man it's sort of a big tease to draft a highly regarded overseas player and not see him touch an NBA floor for YEARS.

twolvesfan
08-31-2009, 07:48 PM
will play for FC barcelona :cry: :cry:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4435861

Ricky Rubio won't be coming to the NBA until 2011 at the earliest, sources told ESPN.com Monday.

Rubio and the Minnesota Timberwolves were informed late Monday night in Spain that Rubio's former club, DKV Joventut, had agreed to trade his rights to FC Barcelona.

Rubio
Rubio will be able to get out of his Barcelona contract in the summer of 2011, when the fifth pick of last June's draft will be free to join Minnesota.

IInvented
08-31-2009, 07:55 PM
ISH doesn't give a **** about that shit

Knicks101
08-31-2009, 07:57 PM
:roll:

KeylessEntry
08-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Damnit. I really wanted to see this kid in the NBA this season.

qrich
08-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Ricky Davis and a 2nd for Rubio's rights. DEAL?!?!

goldenryan
08-31-2009, 08:02 PM
FC going to make some mad $$$ signing this kid, he's going to put butts in the seats.

miller-time
08-31-2009, 08:13 PM
i wonder if i he is in 2k10 or live?

Knicks101
08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
i wonder if i he is in 2k10 or live?

Not anymore

lolwut
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
nice draft pick

SCdac
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
So what, if Flynn turns out to be a real gamer, is the #5 pick Rubio just trade bait?... As much as Kahn has postured and said he doesn't mind this, I don't really see Rubio playing for the TWolves down the road. I could be wrong, of course, but one or two more lottery-bound seasons and who knows what direction that franchise takes.

Batman
08-31-2009, 08:36 PM
nice draft pick

What a waste of a draft pick. You trading away a servicable Randy Foye for nothing. Not to mention you could have picked Brandon Jennings or Stephen Curr.y It is the Twolves management so it is expected.

bagelred
08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm sure this makes Al Jefferson happy. Good to know they won't be wasting his prime or anything.....:rolleyes:

Jared Jeffries for Ricky Rubio....I think that's fair. :lol

But to be honest, Kahn doesn't care. He knows he always has a valuable trade chip in Rubio's rights, especially to New York or L.A.......In the meantime, TWolves will simply suck and get more high draft picks....e.g. Oklahoma Thunder.

iTwistAnkles
08-31-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm sure this makes Al Jefferson happy. Good to know they won't be wasting his prime or anything.....:rolleyes:

Jared Jeffries for Ricky Rubio....I think that's fair. :lol

But to be honest, Kahn doesn't care. He knows he always has a valuable trade chip in Rubio's rights, especially to New York or L.A.......In the meantime, TWolves will simply suck and get more high draft picks....e.g. Oklahoma Thunder.

IMO, waste of a draft pick, you could have drafted evans, derozan or hill to play along side a great player in johnny flynn.
Instead you drafted a punk who dosen't show up to your press confrence. :banghead:

bagelred
08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
IMO, waste of a draft pick, you could have drafted evans, derozan or hill to play along side a great player in johnny flynn.
Instead you drafted a punk who dosen't show up to your press confrence. :banghead:

He's got a commodity in the bank. He doesn't care about winning now. It's actually better to lose big for a few more years, get some prime picks and then when they are stacked, Rubio will come over older and more experienced, and still on a rookie scale contract.

PaperClip
08-31-2009, 09:20 PM
He's got a commodity in the bank. He doesn't care about winning now. It's actually better to lose big for a few more years, get some prime picks and then when they are stacked, Rubio will come over older and more experienced, and still on a rookie scale contract.

Wolves need to keep losing big until 2012. :banana:

Shepseskaf
08-31-2009, 09:22 PM
This makes Kahn look like a straight-up fool who just got played. All of those trips he made over to Spain to kiss Rubio's @ss....

I'm beginning to doubt if Rubio will ever play in the league. If he (and his mommie and daddie) are smart, he'll stay over in Europe, make major jack and let his legend grow among the idiots who think he's the second coming of Magic, Stockton and Pistol Pete all rolled into one.

I, for one, would love to see him play here... and get exposed on a nightly basis.

SCdac
08-31-2009, 09:42 PM

Haha if I'm a TWolves fan, I'm pissed. I mean a team that once had Garnett... then gave away Foye, Mike Miller... and traded a chance at OJ Mayo... just to tank every season??? Don't get me wrong, every team has a down-year, but that's just poor management. They've got a commodity that can't even play in the NBA till 2011-2012. Just think if his value drops for whatever reason, how it could turn for the worse. Yeah, he's 19, what are the chances of that happening, but it's possible. Kahn could flip Rubio for something worth it, but until then it's a fumbled pick IMO... The thing about Oklahoma is they're actually filling their future starting lineup with young talent (Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Green, B.J. Mullens), not trying to capitalize on rookie pointguards (Rubio, Flynn, Lawson).

delmar
08-31-2009, 09:49 PM
nice draft pick
:roll: :applause: :bowdown:

bagelred
08-31-2009, 10:28 PM
It must make David Stern happy that an exciting young player gets turned away by the NBA because of the drafting rules.

04mzwach
08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Curry would of been good...hm...I hope something works out in 2 years. At least we can pocket the cash. Screw it. Those $5 seats are hard to sell, guys.

bagelred
08-31-2009, 10:46 PM
It's funny how things work out. If Kahn DOES NOT take Rubio in the draft, I wonder if Knicks end up with him? Would GSW have taken Rubio? They probably would have.....

adiedanny
08-31-2009, 11:08 PM
They better be lower than the tenth pick until 2011 or else the pick belongs to The Clippers. It is unprotected after 2011.

twolvesfan
08-31-2009, 11:11 PM
They better be lower than the tenth pick until 2011 or else the pick belongs to The Clippers. It is unprotected after 2011.
dont remind me:( thanks McHale:mad:

JustinJDW
08-31-2009, 11:12 PM
I, for one, would love to see him play here... and get exposed on a nightly basis.Co-Signed. :applause:

noob cake
09-01-2009, 12:17 AM
1) Stern losing Money
2) Glen Taylor losing money
3) Min keeps on sucking (trading away proven starters for potential talent and "not gonna play anytime soon" talent.

Kahn sucks. I am not even a Wolves fan and I can say it with confidence.

frmsea2okc
09-01-2009, 01:33 AM

they couldnt have gotten evans cause he went #4 but they could have had
flynn, derozan, brewer, love, big al
or
traded rubio to ny or maybe tried to get harden in a trade. trading for the 6th pick then getting absolutely nothing for it is such a WASTE. everybody on ish is right, the wolves have no idea what they are doing. :banghead:

Meticode
09-01-2009, 01:35 AM
will play for FC barcelona :cry: :cry:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4435861

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2008/02/05/spike-topper.jpg

Lebron23
09-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Jonny Flynn is going to be a great PG in the NBA, and he's only 20 yrs.old.

branslowski
09-01-2009, 01:40 AM
May next decade...:cheers:

chains5000
09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
DKV Joventut has just confirmed the deal, claiming a trade to Minnesota was agreed but turned down by Rubio.

Didn't expect this, there's no excuses now.

Link from DKV's site (http://www.penya.com/noticia.php?id=10867&lang=es) (In Spanish)

Statement from Timberwolves confirming this: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4740

Huey Freeman
09-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Source?

chains5000
09-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Source?
Read it in Spanish press, I'll post an English source as soon as I find one.

gpfanz
09-01-2009, 11:31 AM
DKV Joventut has just confirmed the deal, claiming a trade to Minnesota was was agreed but turned down by Rubio.

Disappointed

DKLaker
09-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Haha, Dude KNOWS he would get OWNED in the NBA playing against the best players in the world....his little 160 pound punk ass is running home to Mama like a little "Biyatch"!!!!!!!! See ya loser!!!!!

DuMa
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Haha, Dude KNOWS he would get OWNED in the NBA playing against the best players in the world....his little 160 pound punk ass is running home to Mama like a little "Biyatch"!!!!!!!! See ya loser!!!!!

werd

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
It's on ESPN's (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4437300) front page. "Rubio backs out of trade"

Nice draft pick. Value just crashed because every other GM knows he doesn't wanna play there.

:applause:

Shepseskaf
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
DKV Joventut has just confirmed the deal, claiming a trade to Minnesota was agreed but turned down by Rubio.

Link from DKV's site (http://www.penya.com/noticia.php?id=10867&lang=es) (In Spanish)
Here's the statement in English:
[QUOTE]COMMUNICATION FROM THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE CLUB JOVENTUT BADALONA

This is the communication made by the Board in connection with Ricky Rubio.

With the signature of the professional employment agreement, of 5 years duration period, with the player Ricky Rubio, it was clearly showed the willingness of both parties to fulfill the contract in all its terms.

Last April, in a conference press summoned unilaterally by the player, he expressed his decision to terminate the contract to go to the NBA at the end of the season 2008-2009 and, consequently, to enforce the buy-out clause in the agreement.

The position of the Club has been always the same: to keep the player according to what it was set forth in the contract and, in any case, to postpone as much as possible his departure.

In spite of this, at the initiative of the player, conversations were held to formalize what it is foreseen in the agreement if Ricky Rubio wishes to leave Joventut to go to the NBA.

DKV Joventut, being respectful with the player

SpanishACB
09-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Ricky's statement:

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/ricky_rubio_statement_2009_09_01.html

"The reason leading me to take this next step is to have a period of preparation to better take the challenge of the NBA in better conditions as a player. The Minnesota Timberwolves continue to be my first option and I wish to play with them in the near future."

People need to stop the free bashing, specially when they're basing themselves on nothing other than smoke

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Ricky's statement:

People need to stop the free bashing, specially when they're basing themselves on nothing other than smoke
he's lying you moron. If he got drafted by the Lakers or Knicks he would be playing preseason right now.

SpanishACB
09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
he's lying you moron. If he got drafted by the Lakers or Knicks he would be playing preseason right now.

Oh, hey there Ricky, didn't know you posted here.

niko
09-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Here's the statement in English:

Link (http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/dkv_joventut_statement_on_rick_2009_09_01.html)
Ok, so let's hear from the Rubio apologists on this one. The deal was worked out and Rubio punked out.

He is never going to play in the league. I guess his handlers figured out that he was going to be getting his @ss handed to him every night, and took the safe route out.

OR he just didn't feel like playing for free for the Twolves.

BigTicket
09-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I've been on Rubio's side until now, but not liking this at all. If he didnt want to play in the NBA yet he shouldnt have entered the draft.

I still look forward to seeing him play if he ever comes over, but it just became a lot less likely, and the Wolves just lost a lot of value.

i seen hippos
09-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Will never know what it feels like to be so enthralled with the actions and decisions of professional athletes. Some of you jack of to this **** practically.

I mean even if his decision effects your favorite team...do you really have nothing else going for you in life to give that much of a **** about him?

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Oh, hey there Ricky, didn't know you posted here.
everyone who follows basketball knows 100% if Ricky got drafted to a major market team or a competitor like the Spurs, he would be here. He doesn't want to go play on the most obscure and second worse franchise in the league, only infront of the Clippers.

To those overhyping Rubio just know this-he is not even better than Sergio Rodriguez. He is worse at shooting, creating his own shott, handles, passing, court vision and is much quicker. Ricky however is a great defender and pretty big for a PG, but other than D and size Sergio has him beat at everything. And Sergio Rodriguez hasn't exactly lit the league on fire now has he.

Jonelo
09-01-2009, 01:58 PM

This communique of DKV is pathetic . Is a excuse to dirty the name of Ricky , cloaking the "bad " negociation of the trade and to justify the trade with FC Barcelona by more money . All money - except 350.000 € and two games in Europe - of the offer of Minnesota was part of the future salary of Ricky and some publicitary contracts of Ricky, very bad option for Ricky

DeuceWallaces
Ha, says the guy with the SergioRodriguez screen name.

beasted86
Rubio is a b!tch. He's not going to be worth all this hype.

If he does come to the NBA he's going to be another Darko Milicic who claims NBA isn't team ball or the coach isn't using him properly, and makes up other excuses for why he sucks so badly.

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
This is Sergio's highlight reel when he played in Europe FROM JUST 1 GAME vs Russia! Ricky Rubio's whole career he can't put together a highlight reel like Sergio did every game he played!

Ricky can't do any of the things Sergio does in Europe, and doesn't dominate the games like Sergio did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qKGWhHADlE&feature=related

before you post uneducated nonsense watch the clip

the only thing Ricky is better at then Sergio is defense and having size. Sorry to burst your guys bubbles who are all hyping Rubio up to become a superstar. Sergio is not a good shooter at all but is 3 times the shooter as Ricky, and GASP can actually hit freethrows at above 50%

gotbacon23
09-01-2009, 02:13 PM

he was hand-tied with the nba 500k rule. it doesn't matter what nba team it would be- he would essentially be playing for a huge discount in the nba for the length of his rookie deal. not counting endorsement deals, had he come to the nba, his cash inflows would have been:

2009-10- $3.3 million
2010-11- $3.5 million
2011-12- $3.8 million
2012-13- $4.8 million (assuming team options are picked up)

assuming minnesota paid $500k off of the $8.1 million buyout, and the remaining $7.61 million was paid off by rubio evenly over 4 years, his outflows would have been $1.9 million a year, making his net earnings before taxes to be

2009-10- $1.4 million
2010-11- $1.6 million
2011-12- $1.9 million
2012-13- $2.9 million
which if you consider he could earn 5% on that money, the present value would be (for simplicity purposes) about $6.9 million of 2009 dollars.

i'm not sure what his contract terms are in spain, but lets just say he gets paid $500k in the next two seasons, and the espn article says "After the 2010-11 season, Rubio will be able to leave for the NBA without having to pay a financial penalty." in which case his earnings would be (assuming the start of his rookie contract just gets pushed back so he would earn in 2011-12 the same that he would have earned in 2009-2010 had he come right away)

2009-10- $0.5 million
2010-11- $0.5 million
2011-12- $3.3 million
2012-13- $3.8 million
with no cash out flow for a buy out, that is $7.1 million; we know that $7.1 million > $6.9 million but not by much, plus he would be out of his rookie deal sooner if he left now, but that's with my assumption that he will only get paid half a million dollars each of the next two seasons.

so yeah, maybe the financial impact of leaving now versus leaving in 2 years with no buy out is smaller than i initially thought it would be unless his salary for FC Barcelona is in excess of a million dollars a season. but still, he was in a financial bind because of that huge buyout amount.

chains5000
09-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I've been on Rubio's side until now, but not liking this at all. If he didnt want to play in the NBA yet he shouldnt have entered the draft.

I still look forward to seeing him play if he ever comes over, but it just became a lot less likely, and the Wolves just lost a lot of value.
Same here.
I think he'll join the Wolves (if they still want him) in two years.

chains5000
09-01-2009, 02:28 PM
He made that account after making some Sergio Rodriguez > Rubio threads. What can you expect from a retard like Bruinlove?

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 02:32 PM
He made that account after making some Sergio Rodriguez > Rubio threads. What can you expect from a retard like Bruinlove?
you are a failure. I only made this account cuz I wanted to make an account with the name of my favorite player, it would be lilsergiorodriguez but that doesnt fit

chains5000
09-01-2009, 02:33 PM
you are a failure. I only made this account cuz I wanted to make an account with the name of my favorite player, it would be lilsergiorodriguez but that doesnt fit
Wasn't your favourite player lilmarcgasol?
As I said, a complete retard.

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Wasn't your favourite player lilmarcgasol?
As I said, a complete retard.
no that was my screen name. MG33 was never my favorite players but one of my favorite centers.

You are a clown.

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
This is Sergio's highlight reel when he played in Europe FROM JUST 1 GAME vs Russia! Ricky Rubio's whole career he can't put together a highlight reel like Sergio did every game he played!

Ricky can't do any of the things Sergio does in Europe, and doesn't dominate the games like Sergio did.

the only thing Ricky is better at then Sergio is defense and having size. Sorry to burst your guys bubbles who are all hyping Rubio up to become a superstar. Sergio is not a good shooter at all but is 3 times the shooter as Ricky, and GASP can actually hit freethrows at above 50%

Your obviously biased so your post has little value.

dyna
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
What happens with Spain players?
They dont like the States??

Frank Vazquez
Juan Carlos Navarro
Ricky Rubio
:wtf:

chains5000
09-01-2009, 03:16 PM
What happens with Spain players?
They dont like the States??

Frank Vazquez
Juan Carlos Navarro
Ricky Rubio
:wtf:
Vazquez is an idiot who was ordered to stay in Spain by his girlfriend.
You can't really blame Navarro, he's a huge star in his team and makes much more there.
As for Ricky... he's a bitch (now he'll destroy my team when they play each other).

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Your obviously biased so your post has little value.
watch. the. clip. The truth is in the video. Which I didn't make, and it's not CGI, it's just sergio balling in ways Rubio never could and never will.

chains5000
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
One youtube clip >>>>> watching games.

No wonder you don't know shit about soccer.

G.O.A.T
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
As long as everyone who is so smart apologizes first when he gets to the NBA and second when he becomes an all-star.

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
watch. the. clip. The truth is in the video. Which I didn't make, and it's not CGI, it's just sergio balling in ways Rubio never could and never will.

Highlight videos serve no part in discussing a players effectiveness. Further proof that your post has no value.

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Highlight videos serve no part in discussing a players effectiveness. Further proof that your post has no value.
it is just FROM 1 GAME. what im saying is in one European game Sergio created a better highlight reel then Ricky Rubio has his whole entire career. One game. One game. Watch the clip you ignorant fool. You don't know jack shit about Ricky Rubio

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 03:30 PM
One youtube clip >>>>> watching games.

No wonder you don't know shit about soccer.
You are FAIL. I cant post the entire games I have downloaded and if I did know how I know no one would watch them anyways YOU ****ING SPECIAL ED RETARD. Youtube clips are meant to inform the masses.

chains5000
09-01-2009, 03:30 PM
it is just FROM 1 GAME. what im saying is in one European game Sergio created a better highlight reel then Ricky Rubio has his whole entire career. One game. One game. Watch the clip you ignorant fool. You don't know jack shit about Ricky Rubio
Neither do you:confusedshrug:

Hey, let's make a clip of Tony Delk's 51 point game, that'll prove he's the GOAT.:rolleyes:

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2009, 03:33 PM

Anyone can do anything for one game. You keep weakening your point as you try to defend it. I find it comical. Your posts have even less value than before. If you can even imagine such a thing.

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Neither do you:confusedshrug:

Hey, let's make a clip of Tony Delk's 51 point game, that'll prove he's the GOAT.:rolleyes:
I know THAT RICKY RUBIO IS NOT BETTER THAN SERGIO RODRIGUEZ AT ANYTHING besides being bigger and defense. What advantages do you think Ricky has on Sergio? Grab your popcorn guys, this will be hilarious...

Shepseskaf
09-01-2009, 03:41 PM
As long as everyone who is so smart apologizes first when he gets to the NBA and second when he becomes an all-star.
I can't believe the hype for this punk. All-star?!? Umm... no. If he ever gets enough courage to come over, he'll be a marginal starter, if anything.

Think JJ Reddick with more passing ability and much, much poorer shooting skills.

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Anyone can do anything for one game. You keep weakening your point as you try to defend it. I find it comical. Your posts have even less value than before. If you can even imagine such a thing.
wrong. Players cannot just execute skills in one game magically, and then all of a sudden not have those skills ever again. That is not how the world works. You are delusional.

chains5000
09-01-2009, 03:42 PM
I know THAT RICKY RUBIO IS NOT BETTER THAN SERGIO RODRIGUEZ AT ANYTHING besides being bigger and defense. What advantages do you think Ricky has on Sergio? Grab your popcorn guys, this will be hilarious...
HE knows.
/thread

Silverbullit
09-01-2009, 03:45 PM
To much hype for a #5 draft pick.

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
HE knows.
/thread
exactly. You are punking out because you can't truthfully compare the two players-BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE TWO PLAYERS BESIDES STATS YOU READ ONLINE.

One more chance for yourself to not look like a bitch. What advantages does Ricky have over Sergio? WhaT can Ricky do better than Sergio?

I told you guys to get popcorn last time, I told you it would be hilarious. Well grab some more...

chains5000
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
There's no point in arguing with you.
ANYBODY who's watched both players play knows who the better one is.

On topic, Ricky's just said "going to Minnesota was too risky".:wtf:

G.O.A.T
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I can't believe the hype for this punk. All-star?!? Umm... no. If he ever gets enough courage to come over, he'll be a marginal starter, if anything.

Think JJ Reddick with more passing ability and much, much poorer shooting skills.

At most you've seen him play what 2 games? Other then that youtube videos and a few ESPN highlights. Meanwhile in the opinions of people who have watched him played hundreds of games of basketball and talked to coaches and opponents think he is one of the best point guard prospects for his age the last 30 years. Chris Paul said he was the best defender he's ever faced. But you know more then all of them...?

Now despite what you're probably thinking as you read this, I don't claim to "know" Rubio will be an all-star, I just don't claim to know otherwise either.

You compared him to Reddick which makes no sense, they play a different position, have a different role and have taken totally different roads as basketball players. All they have in common is the color of their skin and their last initial. Also you called him a punk which makes no sense at all. What does the hype other create about him have to do at all with his character.

Have an opinion fine, say you don't believe he's as good as the experts and scouts think, say you think Minnesota was foolish to draft him without knowing if he'd sign or even want to play for them. All of that's legit. But your post is just stupid and reflects poorly on you. Also you have much more poorer grammar then Rubio I bet.

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
wrong. Players cannot just execute skills in one game magically, and then all of a sudden not have those skills ever again. That is not how the world works. You are delusional.

Someone already mentioned Tony Delk. I'm sure there are countless other examples. This is how the world works. Your bias and general "dipshittyness" is crippling.

chains5000
09-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Someone already mentioned Tony Delk. I'm sure there are countless other examples. This is how the world works. Your bias and general "dipshittyness" is crippling.
Now he'll send you a private message explaining how fake your posts are.:cry:

Younggrease
09-01-2009, 04:10 PM

I find that comparison racist...there are 100s of other players in the league and you choose JJ why?because he is white? that is really the only similarity

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 04:10 PM
You are a retard. Delk scoring hustle points is different from Sergio hitting no look through the legs passes and running the fast break to perfection time after time after time after time all game long. And when you watch other Euro games sergio's been in (I have 25 on my computer right now idiot) you will see this game isn't a fluke.

You don't just all of a sudden gain an amazing handle and court vision for one game and then it disappears for your whole career. That is not how basketball works, you'd know this if you ever actually played the game.. Do they ever let you play it at the special ed school you obviously go to?

G.O.A.T
09-01-2009, 04:11 PM
I find that comparison racist...there are 100s of other players in the league and you choose JJ why?because he is white? that is really the only similarity

It's not racist, it's ignorant.

chains5000
09-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Best defender EVER. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Y7WtlRjVM)

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Now he'll send you a private message explaining how fake your posts are.:cry:
Why can't you compare the two players and rationally explain what Rubio can do better than Sergio?

Because you can't. Please prove me wrong. I want to be proven wrong. Go on sir, drop some knowledge

chains5000
09-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Why can't you compare the two players and rationally explain what Rubio can do better than Sergio?

Because you can't. Please prove me wrong. I want to be proven wrong. Go on sir, drop some knowledge
:rolleyes:
Keep on watching youtube clips

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 04:18 PM
:rolleyes:
Keep on watching youtube clips
You are only continuing to prove me right. You don't watch ACB league. You don't watch FIBA tournaments. You just read stats and scout reports online. You have no idea how these two players compare to eachother. None at all.

chains5000
09-01-2009, 04:22 PM
You are only continuing to prove me right. You don't watch ACB league. You don't watch FIBA tournaments. You just read stats and scout reports online. You have no idea how these two players compare to eachother. None at all.
If you had watched them play, you'd know the only thing Sergio's got on Ricky is shooting, so why bother?

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 04:25 PM
If you had watched them play, you'd know the only thing Sergio's got on Ricky is shooting, so why bother?
who do you pretend that you watch ACB league and FIBA?

Sergio has the best handles of any spanish player today. Their passing is equal with Sergio having the slight edge.

All Ricky has on Sergio is defense and size. Nothing else.

You don't watch ACB league. You don't watch Eurobasket. Stop pretending.

twolvesfan
09-01-2009, 04:25 PM
chains just ignore him, he is never going to stop:ohwell:

bdreason
09-01-2009, 04:27 PM

Rubio and JJ Redick aren't anything alike on the court. In fact, they are practically complete opposites. :confusedshrug:

I think it's a fine choice for Rubio to stay in Europe a couple years. I wouldn't PAY money to play for the T-Wolves either.

chains5000
09-01-2009, 04:28 PM
who do you pretend that you watch ACB league and FIBA?

Sergio has the best handles of any spanish player today. Their passing is equal with Sergio having the slight edge.

All Ricky has on Sergio is defense and size. Nothing else.

You don't watch ACB league. You don't watch Eurobasket. Stop pretending.
Want me to post a pic of this season's every home game of Bizkaia Bilbao Basket?
You know, an ACB team.

liljohnnywall
09-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Best 18 year old player in the World
John Wall> Ricky Rubio

bdreason
Sergio was a really good Euro player... his talent just hasn't translated well to the NBA. I hate to agree with sergiorodrigues... but Rubio could have similar difficulties coming into the NBA.

I do think Rubio is a slightly better player, just based on the few games I've seen. Rubio seems to have a much better IQ and feel for the game overall.

DeuceWallaces
You are a retard. Delk scoring hustle points is different from Sergio hitting no look through the legs passes and running the fast break to perfection time after time after time after time all game long. And when you watch other Euro games sergio's been in (I have 25 on my computer right now idiot) you will see this game isn't a fluke.

You don't just all of a sudden gain an amazing handle and court vision for one game and then it disappears for your whole career. That is not how basketball works, you'd know this if you ever actually played the game.. Do they ever let you play it at the special ed school you obviously go to?

Skill level of team mates and opponents can alter perceptions of someone's skill level and "court vision." Clearly you've fallen into this trap and lack the mental fortitude to see beyond it or your apparent biases.

I'd also suggest you work on your insults. They are worn out and not well thought out.

InspiredLebowski
09-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Someone show me some proof going to NY or California would result in more endorsements during the years he'd be paying off the buyout. His biggest endorsers, in my opinion, would be in Spain and the rest of Europe, something he can get playing for any NBA team. The same $500k is paid from every NBA team towards his buyout. I really don't see any other way of interpreting than him not wanting to play for Minnesota.

DKLaker
09-01-2009, 04:50 PM

No thanks, he's not even as good as Sasha Vujacic :roll:

twolvesfan
09-01-2009, 05:01 PM
everybody here needs to take the to to read this entire article
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-44-2/Ricky-Rubio-in-Barcelona--the-Timberwolves-in-the-Cold.html

enjoy

Jonelo
09-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Sergio you are yourself , Sergio Rodrigez , or you are the only friend /fan of Sergio in the world ?

Calm yourself , I'll put some links from Justin to see the medal that his teammates are going to win, the best Spanish players. Maybe they can send you a copy of the medal in tin .

http://www.as.com/baloncesto/articulo/ricky-rubio-joventut-deberia-estar/dasbal/20090901dasdasbal_11/Tes

About the offer of Minnesota

[QUOTE]Mi opci

Dr. Hoopenstein
09-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Khan doesn't know what he's doing as the GM in Minnesota- point blank.

He could have ver easily drafted DeRozan or Curry to run w/ Flynn in Minny's backcourt while developing a young squad around Flynn, (DD/Curry), Jefferson & Love in the now as who knows what the future holds Rubio may never come over to the NBA. Khan should do the best job that he can in order to trade his rights ASAP to save some face in my mind.

Btw- no wonder he didn't hire a coach b4 the draft took place, a coach(Rambis) most likely would have balked at taking 2 pg's back 2 back in the upper half of the Draft Lottery- especially Rubio given his contract particulars, as coaches need to win now not later in order to hold onto their jobs while a GM may have a little more leeway than said coach in relation to job security.

Jonelo
09-01-2009, 05:39 PM
everybody here needs to take the to to read this entire article
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-44-2/Ricky-Rubio-in-Barcelona--the-Timberwolves-in-the-Cold.html

enjoy

The Promises of a Young Man
You see those numbers up there? The amount he'd make in the NBA is much more than the buyout Barcelona will pay Joventut. I would need an army of international tax lawyers to confirm this (is his Spanish buyout an untaxed business expense that counts against his U.S. income?), but presumably, we can conclude that even after taxes Rubio would have had income playing in the NBA, even before endorsement income was considered.

Which means he lied to us when he said, in no uncertain terms, that he would play in the NBA for free if his buyout was too much

Humm ..
$3.27 million salary in 09-10, $3.51 million in 10-11

Gross Salary - 40/45% federal taxes - escrow 10% - 4% commission of Fegan = - 55 %

Is 2,2 million euros . You need 1.5 million more , 2.1 million dolars

OneMoreSucka
09-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Rubio will always be an overseas player.

Dr Giggles
09-01-2009, 06:25 PM

You fail to mention that the clip you posted is from a Junior level game were the best player he faced was Korolev who was a colossal bust for the Clippers, Rubio was also raping the competition at the Junior level when he was actually younger than the rest of the players he faced.

I'm from the same island as Sergio, i've seen him play countless times, nobody on this site want's him to succeed more than I do, but he is NOT better than Ricky. They have basically the same strenghts, but Rubio is the better defender and any advantage Sergio has in shooting is not really significant because he isn't a good shooter himself.

Rubio might still be a bust, as I said he, is quite similar to Sergio in some aspects and he seems to be a bit of a primadonna, but I think he did the right thing by staying in Spain for a couple of seasons and improve his game, I think leaving too early is the mistake that Sergio made.

I haven't posted in two years, but you're just too dumb to keep quiet, thanks, you motivated me to break my silence. :cheers:

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Skill level of team mates and opponents can alter perceptions of someone's skill level and "court vision." Clearly you've fallen into this trap and lack the mental fortitude to see beyond it or your apparent biases.

I'd also suggest you work on your insults. They are worn out and not well thought out.
Rubio is playing in Spain and for the national team. Sergio played in Spain and on the national team. Sergio dominated europe more than Ricky ever has. Clearly you are a moron.

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Your whole argument is based on one youtube video. Do you realize everyone in this thread is making fun of you because you're an idiot?

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Your whole argument is based on one youtube video. Do you realize everyone in this thread is making fun of you because you're an idiot?
wrong failure. My argument is based off the 26 full games i have on my computer, and the live games i've watched sergio over the past 5 years on satelite.

I just posted the youtube clip for the common idiot like you to see how an NBA scrub like Sergio dominated in Europe, while Ricky is not close to that dominant in Europe.

FireMcFailPlease
09-01-2009, 06:51 PM
yea this sucks. wish hed be here. kahn said they had an agreement set in place saturday night but he backed out of it yesterday.

whatever. wolves arent winning anything anytime soon. nice to have the asset in our back pocket

bagelred
09-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Let's remember in two years, Rubio is only going to be 20 years old. Many guys enter the league at 21 or 22, so is he really losing alot. Why can't TWolves be patient? They will suck either way. In 2 years, they'll have a few more top draft picks, Rubio will be older and more NBA ready, and then they'll still have Ricky for at least 4 years....what's the hurry?

NOW, that being said, do you think Kahn would do a SnT David Lee and future #1 for Rubio's rights? I doubt it, but if I'm Walsh, I make that offer.....Rubio would definitely jump ship to New York in two years.....Minnesota? Who knows......

twolvesfan
09-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Let's remember in two years, Rubio is only going to be 20 years old. Many guys enter the league at 21 or 22, so is he really losing alot. Why can't TWolves be patient? They will suck either way. In 2 years, they'll have a few more top draft picks, Rubio will be older and more NBA ready, and then they'll still have Ricky for at least 4 years....what's the hurry?

NOW, that being said, do you think Kahn would do a SnT David Lee and future #1 for Rubio's rights? I doubt it, but if I'm Walsh, I make that offer.....Rubio would definitely jump ship to New York in two years.....Minnesota? Who knows......
at least some people get it.:cheers:

AI3Anthony
09-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Why did he even enter the draft if he was just gonna be a huge B**** about it and stay in Europe? :wtf: I am sick of hearing about all these europeans with so much "potential" but when they get drafted by a small market they stay in europe or b**** until they get a trade. half of them aren't even good and dont deserve the right to talk trade.

Dirk, you will be the only european player i ever truly respect. :cheers:

InspiredLebowski
09-01-2009, 08:30 PM
this definitely needed a new thread

twolvesfan
09-01-2009, 08:41 PM
http://facepalmbook.org/facepalm.jpg

Bano114
09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Theres been reports all night and today that the Knicks are making one last push to get Ricky Rubio. The main deal going around is....

Timberwolves Receive
David Lee
Nate Robinson
1rst round draft pick

Knicks Receive
Ricky Rubio
Other players to fill up the cap space such as Brian Cardinal.

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/wolves/2009/08/31/rubio-trade-with-knicks-in-the-works/
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/New-York-Knicks-still-after-Rubio-?urn=nba,186476

I think this would be stupid for the Knicks and im a Knick fan that wants Rubio.

Thats way to much for this unproven guy.

Im shocked T-Wolves fans are mad about this. Were giving you everything weve got pretty much for a drama queen who is again unproven and doesnt want to play for you guys.

Rekindled
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
why do minnesota take on lee for 10 m a year when they already have their 2 best players at that position

OneMoreSucka
09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I'd do it.

Bano114
09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
1. Knicks arent going to sign lee to a 10m$ contract and trade him. It will be way cheeper.

2. Speculation says Lee would be moved to get more pieces.

Bodhi
09-01-2009, 09:45 PM
It still doesn't solve the issue of Rubio not having enough money for the buyout. The Knicks have a limit on how much they can pay like everyone else.

Bano114
09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
It still doesn't solve the issue of Rubio not having enough money for the buyout. The Knicks have a limit on how much they can pay like everyone else.

Yes but New York has a wayyy bigger market. His buy out could be worked out easily with endorsments from Nike and Gillete, instead of with snow blower machine companies.

InspiredLebowski
09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Just what Minnesota needs, another PF.

gotbacon23
09-01-2009, 09:49 PM
link?

Bano114
09-01-2009, 09:52 PM
posted links on first post

twolvesfan
09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
not going to happen

All Net
09-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Thats obvious complete rubbish

Lee,Nate and a pick for an unproven kid? unlikely

twolvesfan
09-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Thats obvious complete rubbish

Lee,Nate and a pick for an unproven kid? unlikely
and it would be a pick in 2 years :oldlol:

Bano114
09-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Dont be to sure. This is the same team who traded 2 first round picks for Eddy Curry. Including this years...when this year we look like were going 0-82.

bagelred
09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
I would absolutely do Lee, Robinson and a future #1 for Rubio.

Robinson is gone next year anyway, either way. David Lee is great, but he's going to be too expensive to keep if they have Curry and Jeffries still on board. And a future #1 won't be nearly as high as #5 if they get Lebron.

Rubio is the real deal. Knicks would easily wait the 2 years and he's sure to join NYK in 2011. Then Knicks will have their franchise PG for the next 15 years.

I'd do it.

beasted86
09-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Just what Minnesota needs, another PF.
Jefferson is their C, Lee or Love will play starting PF, then one of the two will backup both positions.

Nothing wrong with having 3 talented PF/Cs

icemanfan
09-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Ricky's statement:

He's a punk pure and simple.

NoGunzJustSkillz
09-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes but New York has a wayyy bigger market. His buy out could be worked out easily with endorsments from Nike and Gillete, instead of with snow blower machine companies.

lmfao..that was fcking great!

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2009, 11:33 PM
wrong failure. My argument is based off the 26 full games i have on my computer, and the live games i've watched sergio over the past 5 years on satelite.

I just posted the youtube clip for the common idiot like you to see how an NBA scrub like Sergio dominated in Europe, while Ricky is not close to that dominant in Europe.

All your posts were based on the clip. All you wanted everyone to do was watch the clip. You said look what he can do in ONE game. Over and over.

Now you've changed your story?

sergiorodriguez
09-01-2009, 11:52 PM
All your posts were based on the clip. All you wanted everyone to do was watch the clip. You said look what he can do in ONE game. Over and over.

Now you've changed your story?
i never changed my story sir. Would you rather though that I upload 26 torrents, tell you to download and watch 40 minute games or would you rather me go to youtube and look up a simple 5 minute clip?

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

twolvesfan
09-02-2009, 12:15 AM
i never changed my story sir. Would you rather though that I upload 26 torrents, tell you to download and watch 40 minute games or would you rather me go to youtube and look up a simple 5 minute clip?

the more proof you show the more people would believe you, it is a simple concept:lol

chains5000
09-02-2009, 02:26 AM

A BULLSesque response.

You should post some clips of Sergio dominating at kindergarten to show how "dominant" he was in Europe.

Lakas Fan Yo
09-02-2009, 05:44 AM

Unreal that you did not even grasp that this clip you posted is from a JUNIOR YOUTH GAME. Good lord :roll:

Lakas Fan Yo
09-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Sergio was a really good Euro player... his talent just hasn't translated well to the NBA. I hate to agree with sergiorodrigues... but Rubio could have similar difficulties coming into the NBA.

I do think Rubio is a slightly better player, just based on the few games I've seen. Rubio seems to have a much better IQ and feel for the game overall.

Since when was Sergio Rodriguez ever a really good Euroleague player?

Lakas Fan Yo
09-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Rubio is playing in Spain and for the national team. Sergio played in Spain and on the national team. Sergio dominated europe more than Ricky ever has. Clearly you are a moron.

You have got to be joking. Sergio "dominated Europe" :lol :oldlol: :roll:

Lakas Fan Yo
09-02-2009, 05:51 AM

What in the world is this nonsense you are making up? "Sergio dominated in Europe"? Are you serious? This is absolutely laughable to say the least.

Sergio Rodriguez 6 points and 3 assists per game in the Euroleague

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=CVM&seasoncode=E2004

Wow that is some serious "domination" of the Euroleague by Sergio there................:oldlol:

chains5000
09-02-2009, 05:53 AM
You have got to be joking. Sergio "dominated Europe" :lol :oldlol: :roll:
He's got 26 full games on his computer.
HE KNOWS.

Lebron23
09-02-2009, 06:19 AM
He's got 26 full games on his computer.
HE KNOWS.

Does Rubio have a Hot sister?

DeuceWallaces
09-02-2009, 08:34 AM

I'd rather you not make your whole case based on one video and argue it to the death like a complete ****ing tool, but I can not change the past.

So now you say that the only reason you did that was because you didn't want us to have to download 26 games that you uploaded? So no point on this forum can be made without video proof?