PDA

View Full Version : Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

knickscity
09-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Here you go Franchize, a thread that you requested.

:cheers:

Keep it real and keep it clean....nothing offensive.

I don't think my co-mod will not have any issues with this.

PM me HTR if anything is wrong. You've been at this longer than I have.

Have fun guys!!!!:banana: :cheers: :D

knickscity
09-04-2009, 06:31 PM
I will start.....

What types of TV shows are you guys favorite??? Non-sports of course.

Give me some good mystery and I'm good.

Forensic files, CSI, Law and Order, stuff like that.

Now.... Criss Angel Mind Freak, and 1000 ways to die has been my fascination for a minute as of late.

earlofupstate
09-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Verminators.
Dog the Bounty Hunter.
This Old House.

Bano114
09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Red vs Blue (web series)

Ive been lovin CSI too.

Scrubs was a great show.

franchize
09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
im in the process of gettin a place with my girl.We're havin our 1st kid so I've been catering to her somewhat :ohwell: been watchin alot of Clean House n stuff like that lol.Sad to say it's addictive cuz I'm into fashion and art.I also watch Rob Dyrdek's fantasy factory.Hilarious!!!Sadly,sitcoms arent what they used to be so I really dont watch any show continuously.I watch a little MTV because on of my best friends got a job there.I boycotted BET after the last BET Awards.

Bano114
09-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I watch a lot of ESPN. Fantasy Factory and Nitro Circus are a bad remake of jackass and wildboyz.

I heard Jackass 3 is in the works though. Set to come out 2011.

franchize
09-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Fantasy Factory yes,Nitro Circus...not really.I watch ESPN all day.I'm watchin tennis now on ESPN 2 but Knickscity said non sports.Nitro Circus is funny cuz Dyrdek is hilarious.The characters are hilarious.Plus I used to watch alot of Rob & Big.Like i said b4,sitcoms arent what they used to be so i've developed a weird taste in shows for a str8 24 yr old black guy form Queens. I love Ellen,Clean House and Reba....weird right?

Bano114
09-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Nitro Circus yes,Fantasy Factory...not really.I watch ESPN all day.I'm watchin tennis now on ESPN 2 but Knickscity said non sports.Nitro Circus is funny cuz Dyrdek is hilarious.The characters are hilarious.Plus I used to watch alot of Rob & Big.Like i said b4,sitcoms arent what they used to be so i've developed a weird taste in shows for a str8 24 yr old black guy form Queens. I love Ellen,Clean House and Reba....weird right?

Not really weird, you like what you like. I love watchin Comedy Central Presents too. lots of good comedians on there.

(While were on the topic of television. I will be watching as many Knicks pre season games as I can.) Just a quick sidenote, i know no Knicks stuff :confusedshrug:

knickscity
09-05-2009, 07:59 AM
I have watched Clean House a few times.

I don't know about Ellen though. I had started watching Lifetime because of my wife.

Actually they have some good shows on there, the suspense type ones.

BTW you guys are good on the sports, I really was just gonna keep the Knicks out this one.

This will be the thread where there won't be too much frustration in it since these are topics that we choose.

Hey Franchize, keep taking care of the Mrs.

She will repay the favor. I've been doing it for a minute now.

knickscity
09-05-2009, 12:26 PM
I think this thread could be almost an all-time thread.

I hate to see a decent thread like this has the chance to become, to have thousands of views but a couple hundred posts.

We can rap about ANYTHING that doesn't mention the folks on 33rd and 7th.

And obviously not the offensive.

Lets get it.

I know I should be shamed but has anyone seen The Final Destination yet?

I don't really want what happened in it, but does it have any of the characters of the previous in it.

Bano114
09-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I havent seen it but the other 3 were interesting even though they were repetitive. Ill get around to seeing it in a year or 2.:oldlol:

franchize
09-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Ellen is hilarious.My girl didnt get me to watch her,I actually watch her on my own.I got hooke after watching her standup one night I couldnt get any sleep.It was so funny.She's so sarcastic and witty.

knickscity
09-06-2009, 07:37 AM
I have never watched Ellen, but I might give it a shot.

I know my wife is the reality TV junkie in the house.

I really don't watch them faithfully.

Now when Flavor of Love, and I love NY was on, I never missed an episode.

franchize
09-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Same here...unfortunately,I'm adicted to watchin my race embaras themselves.I frequently watch ghetto cat fights on youtube.Its a bad habit of mine.I think I'll stop once my daughter is born.Dont want her growing up into a hoodrat.

knickscity
09-06-2009, 08:43 PM
You can find some real crazy stuff on You Tube.

I get a kick out of the fights also.

Usually they are the ones you don't expect to see, like deacon's fighting the parishioners.

Bano114
09-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Speaki of youtube fights....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=199Ts4MZEiM

one of the best ever

knickscity
09-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Is anyone watching Bob Barker's The Price is Raw on Monday night Raw???

There was no way Santino could slam Big Show.

franchize
09-08-2009, 10:57 PM
jay z's album was pushed up 2 today.of course i got it and of course it was awesome.even the album art was cool.i got 2 copies.you guys should get it if you like real hip hop.not ringtone rap.BTW if anyone is into sneaker culture and art work check out my myspace page.lemme know what you think.Ne1 anticipating that Mayweather fight like me?I hope he comes back sharp.

www.myspace.com/nextworldmovement

Bano114
09-09-2009, 06:24 PM
jay z's album was pushed up 2 today.of course i got it and of course it was awesome.even the album art was cool.i got 2 copies.you guys should get it if you like real hip hop.not ringtone rap.BTW if anyone is into sneaker culture and art work check out my myspace page.lemme know what you think.Ne1 anticipating that Mayweather fight like me?I hope he comes back sharp.

www.myspace.com/nextworldmovement

Forget the Mayweather fight.

Diego Sanchez vs BJ Penn is going to be a classic. UFC 105 is on the same day as mayweathers fight, im wathcin UFC.

idizzle
09-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Shyne Po could be signing with the Roc after his Oct 6 jail release. Thoughts?

http://www.streethop.com/2009/08/new...to-roc-nation/

knickscity
09-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Shyne Po could be signing with the Roc after his Oct 6 jail release. Thoughts?

http://www.streethop.com/2009/08/new...to-roc-nation/

Maybe. Do you think the first thing he would do is get at Puff when he gets out?

franchize
09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
not if he wants to stay out but i did hear about him signing to the roc.i think its a weird signing.i liked the direction the new Roc Nation is going away from the old Rocafella.J has a more hands on approach in picking his artists.Dont get me wrong.I was a huge Sigel fan and I hope he gets trasnferred over since he's still one of 4 artist on Rocafella still but I thought Dame after a while was signing just anybody especially if you had a name.I like J's signing of J. Cole who seems to put sound lyrics over catch phrases.

knickscity
09-10-2009, 08:23 PM
It does seems like he is putting a better touch on who he lets onto the label.

I know my wife doesn't care for blueprint 3.

I like it but it's not his best work imo.

It's better than 2 but not one, to me.

franchize
09-10-2009, 10:25 PM
same here.better than 2 not as good as one.i love the album though.i love how he pushes the envelope and works with producers,musicians and artist that are so out of the box.and of course his lyrics are second to none.Its a breathe of fresh air after being choked out by corny ringtone rap.I wish he'd do a song with a group like MGMT or something and really screw with ppl's head.Woulda been cool back in the day to hear him collaborate with a group like the GooGoo Dolls.

Rameek
09-11-2009, 05:22 AM
Check out my little bro's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s82CEB-nnBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvq2-HJiAvc

independent artist doing there thing

Granny Danger
09-11-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm in NY from 2 till 9 oct and would like to see a game.
There's a preseason game against the Nets in Albany.
What's the best way to get there or do you guys know about other descent games ?
I'm staying near broadway.
peace.

knickscity
09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
They straight Rameek. They doing their thing.

Are they signed already??? They sound familiar to me.

Rameek
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
They straight Rameek. They doing their thing.

Are they signed already??? They sound familiar to me.
Not yet at least not to a major... They arent my physical brothers but my fam none the less. Phoenix older brother is quite the famous artist but he is doing things on his own. Phoenix does do many shows though... They do get spins by University DJ's

knickscity
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Not yet at least not to a major... They arent my physical brothers but my fam none the less. Phoenix older brother is quite the famous artist but he is doing things on his own. Phoenix does do many shows though... They do get spins by University DJ's

Dig it. They in a game that they need to have some folks around them with a combo of some street sense and a corporate mind.

It's animals out there. Hope they come up big though.

franchize
09-12-2009, 09:53 AM
check out my sneaker customization gallery on www.myspace.com/nextworldmovement

curious to see what you guy think.I'm open to all respectable constructive criticism and if you'd like any artwork done feel free to hit me up.Its not your typical gimmick sneaker customizations.I can do cartoon characters n stuff but I rather do color schemes and unique themes.

knickscity
09-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Franchize you hand painted those???

Now that's some serious talent there.

Who is that holding up the space age joints?? Would that be you????

franchize
09-13-2009, 08:37 AM
yes and yes.all hand painted.free hand...no stencils.

knickscity
09-13-2009, 10:54 PM
That's some tight work.

Hey is anyone watching Breaking Point.

The matches were pretty decent.

All submission, I quit style. Triple H let Shawn Michaels down tho.

And no way CM Punk as I'm typing this is some bull.

Undertaker won, but had to resume because his submission move was banned. Then here goes Punk with his lock move, And for some odd reason the bell rang.

Undertakers hand did go down, but that's not submission by any stretch.

Does anyone else watch wrestling on here??

franchize
09-14-2009, 02:14 AM
I used to love wrestling till it became a huge soap opera.I used to be a big Undertaker and Ultimate Warrior fan.

franchize
09-14-2009, 12:39 PM
anyone see the serena williams match.she was unprofessional but she really deserved to go off.Making a phantom foot fault call like that is worst than calling excessive celebration on a last second touchdown in the superbowl.Its like calling charge on someone if they dunked on someone else on a last second play in game 7 of the finals.It not only was ridiculous to call but it wasn't even a foot fault.Not to mention,this isn't the 1st time she's been cheated in a major.She got cheated vs. Sanchez Martinez,Henin,i believe hingis and now this.Tennis and football are the most racist sports in America.

knickscity
09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Football has always been a racist sport.

Take a black QB.

He is expected to have a running game always.

I can't think of any that don't run.

I don't wanna rant on this but yeah Serena gets the bad end alot.

franchize
09-14-2009, 04:38 PM
classic example is Mike Vick and Carson Palmer.Vick is consider a poor qb by alot of ppl but Palmer is consider by some as being one of the best.Has Palmer ever played a full season?How far has he gone in the playoffs cuz Vick got to the NFC championship game.

thanx for the compliment on the artwork btw

Bano114
09-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Football has always been a racist sport.

Take a black QB.

He is expected to have a running game always.

I can't think of any that don't run.

I don't wanna rant on this but yeah Serena gets the bad end alot.

David Gerrard on the Jaguars.

franchize
09-17-2009, 04:43 PM
in a fanstasy league for the first time.i have rashean mathis.i have the opp to cut him and get nate clements.should i?

franchize
10-08-2009, 10:35 AM
any fellow jets fans here?what you guys think of us gettin braylon.i personally like it despite his drops and off field woes.Bottom line is,Sanchez cannot be fairly evaluated as a rookie with our receiving core the way it was. Guys simply dont get open.With Braylon,you know he's at least going to get open.Im not even concerned as much about him catching the ball.Ppl worry about the drops,and sure its a concern,but the deal is good right away because if he's getting open,whether his hands fail him or not,the defense has to cover him.its not like you can say "well he's gonna drop it so we can leave him open". no1 knows when the drop,if at all,will come.So if he's open the d has to make adjustments which allows Cotchery to shine and our running game to get back on track.Now teams can't put 8 or 9 in the box every damn play.I think what we also should do is give Marvin Harrison some chump change n bring him outta retirement.I think he can still be a valuable 3rd down/possession receiver.

Bano114
10-09-2009, 09:43 PM
any fellow jets fans here?what you guys think of us gettin braylon.i personally like it despite his drops and off field woes.Bottom line is,Sanchez cannot be fairly evaluated as a rookie with our receiving core the way it was. Guys simply dont get open.With Braylon,you know he's at least going to get open.Im not even concerned as much about him catching the ball.Ppl worry about the drops,and sure its a concern,but the deal is good right away because if he's getting open,whether his hands fail him or not,the defense has to cover him.its not like you can say "well he's gonna drop it so we can leave him open". no1 knows when the drop,if at all,will come.So if he's open the d has to make adjustments which allows Cotchery to shine and our running game to get back on track.Now teams can't put 8 or 9 in the box every damn play.I think what we also should do is give Marvin Harrison some chump change n bring him outta retirement.I think he can still be a valuable 3rd down/possession receiver.

THE WORST POSSIBLE MOVE THE JETS CAN MAKE!

He punches LeBrons friend.

LeBron doesnt like him.

Edwards traded from Cleveland to New York

Guess whos not going to want to come to New York next summer?

franchize
10-10-2009, 06:38 PM
lmao that's funny...guess what NY team doesnt play in NY lol.this trade will have no effect on lebron coming here.if anything he'll try to do it to ruin braylons career n steal his shine outta spite lol

franchize
11-18-2009, 09:00 PM
hey i just had a baby girl last week.wondering where i can get some knicks and mets apparel to set the record that she will be a knicks and mets fan from birth.

franchize
11-18-2009, 09:00 PM
hey i just had a baby girl last week.wondering where i can get some knicks and mets apparel to set the record that she will be a knicks and mets fan from birth.

Knicks101
11-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Modell's I suppose.

knickscity
11-18-2009, 10:04 PM

Congrats first and foremost.

How bout you start with this.....

http://shop.fanhouse.com/New-York-Knicks-36x46-Baby-Triple-Woven-Jacquard-Throw-_727200385_PD.html

franchize
11-23-2009, 01:11 AM
yea i wish but i know my girl isnt goin for that.ima stick to clothes.that way i kno they'll b put 2 good use lol

Rameek
12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
I am moving back to BK next week for the time being. No more Knicks games on the computer...

franchize
01-10-2010, 06:50 PM
How's everything going guys?Good I hope.It's been a while but my newborn, new job and now new engagement has monopolized my time.Good to see solid sports talk still goin on here.

P.S. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

earlofupstate
01-19-2010, 08:43 AM
How's everything going guys?Good I hope.It's been a while but my newborn, new job and now new engagement has monopolized my time.Good to see solid sports talk still goin on here.

Congrats on baby girl. I named my 2nd daughter Nicole (But I call her Nik). Didn't get musch sleep with her, found out she was allergic to formula, had to go with soy). You have to prioritize b ball now, (I had to).:D

franchize
01-22-2010, 07:59 PM
thanx...fatherhood is cool.an adjustment...i have like no free time but honestly,i dont miss it as much as one would think.especially becuz i had a girl.never quite got why fathers were so whipped until she was born.its almost impossible not to spoil her.she sleeps well tho.she's a good baby (knock on wood).she sleeps from like 10 till i get up for work @ 8.i been lookin all over for some mets knicks and jets apparel for her.gotta make sure its embedded in her head at an early age like my dad did.

NY-Knicks
02-27-2010, 09:16 PM
kind of Knicks-related:
Buy which Knicks jersey?
Really leaning towards Wilson Chandler since he is my fav player, TMac might only play 30 games here and I am not the biggest fan of Gallo. Any ideas?

I might also buy a NY Giants jersey, which player should I get?

franchize
08-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Any Jets fans in here?

knickscity
08-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm a Jets fan Franchize, no Giants.
Knicks, never Nets.
Yankees, no Mets.
Rangers, no Isles.

NY-Knicks
08-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Not really a baseball fan. Probably the Mets for me but it's not important. I only watch a couple of games a year. No Nets for me, Knicks all day as you guys know.

NY-Knicks
08-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Preseason matchup between the Giants and the Jets this monday at New Meadowlands Stadium (8:00 PM). Should be good. Anyone watched preseason games yet?

NY-Knicks
08-17-2010, 07:33 AM

I'm a Jets fan Franchize, no Giants.

... bragging right bragging rights bragging rights ...

3 TD's for Victor Cruz, he killed you guys all night long.

NY-Knicks
08-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Franchize and Knickscity: As Jets fans do you know the current state of the Darrelle Revis situation? They had one of the best defenses last season and with the return of Kris Jenkins this team could be serious Superbowl contenders (if Revis returns). He is one of the best players in the NFL, can't afford to lose him. How much is he asking for?

Also, how are you feeling about Sanchez? He is still very young and he will be good someday but can he lead this team to a Superbowl win?

franchize
08-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Darrelle is still unsigned.he wants Nnamdi money but he'll settle for less.The jets however do wanna give him anything near that nor do they wanna give him guaranteed money.He may hold out all year cuzza his uncle who did that once in his career.I hope he signs tho cuz he's my favorite player,he's our best player and the Jets are my favorite team.We need him,especially with Calvin Pace breakin his foot.

As for Sanchez,we can win w/ him if we have him play similar to how we did last year.If we try and become a passing team and put it on his shoulders,we are gonna come up short.

knickscity
08-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Good answer Franchize.

NY-Knicks
08-30-2010, 02:54 AM
I like Sanchez, IMO he was one of the better young QB's last season. The addition of Ladainian Tomlinson, even though he is aging and his production is going down, is still good. He can help the Jets out a lot.

It would really suck if Darrelle Revis doesn't play the entire season. The regular season is right around the corner, the Jets front office need to get it together, and fast. He is asking mad money tho. Wasn't he like going for a 10 year deal :oldlol: ?

knickscity
09-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Hey here is some basketball!!!!

Liberty in the conference finals!!!

Go ahead girls. Show the boys how to do it.

There were quite a few of the Knicks at the game too.

I love our announcer........Cappiiiieeeee Poindexter!!!!!!!!!

NY-Knicks
09-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Not really into the WNBA.

Franchize and Knickscity, a question.

Jets record with Darrelle Revis (small chance as of right now) and how deep will they go into the playoffs. Where will their defense rank?
Jets record without Darrelle Revis and how deep will they go into the playoffs. Where will their defense rank.

He's asking 10 years, $160 million. From Hard Knocks.

I think they are serious contenders for the Superbowl with Revis, but I guess we'll see if it is really his talent or the right system that made him so successfull (of course he is one of, if not the best CB in the NFL today) and if they can overcome his absence.

Are there more football fans here, any Giants fans?

NY-Knicks
09-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Darrelle Revis reportedly agreed on a 4-year, $46 million contract with the Jets. That's great news. Revis Island is back.

franchize
09-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the Island of Revis.Many have visited.....NONE have returned!!!

:banana: :applause: :cheers: :pimp:

it's a smiley party and all you guys are invited.

Only thing that sucks is Calvin Pace is out 4-6 weeks which means more of Brian Thomas :facepalm I was hoping he'd be forced to the bench with the addition of Jason Taylor.

Our 1st game is going to be rough.The Ravens just got even better this off season with the addition of TJ

NY-Knicks
09-06-2010, 02:12 PM
The Jets defense has really improved with a healthy Kris Jenkins. I want to see how much Mark Sanchez has worked on his game over the summer, if he can at least be a threat with the passing game it will open up their running abilities (which the Jets will heavily rely on this season). I think they can beat Baltimore but it is a tough season opener.

Bano114
09-06-2010, 02:36 PM
All you Jet fans may hate me for saying this but I think Mark Sanchez is going to have a horrible year this year. He's nothing special...I dont see him having a good year.

Rameek
09-06-2010, 03:00 PM
His position isnt that vital and he should have never been given that kind of money with 3 years left on the deal. The Jets in their cheap ways and false promises caused this. They never take care of their own.

Considering the Jets pass rush is abysmal at best with the front 7 it was absolutely imperative they had Revis on the field.

Welcome to the Island of Revis.Many have visited.....NONE have returned!!!

:banana: :applause: :cheers: :pimp:

it's a smiley party and all you guys are invited.

Only thing that sucks is Calvin Pace is out 4-6 weeks which means more of Brian Thomas :facepalm I was hoping he'd be forced to the bench with the addition of Jason Taylor.

Our 1st game is going to be rough.The Ravens just got even better this off season with the addition of TJ

I can see where you come from honestly it is of major concern to me as well that he has shown no signs of improvement whatsoever. There are no real excuses for him not be successful with the running game and receivers he has.

All you Jet fans may hate me for saying this but I think Mark Sanchez is going to have a horrible year this year. He's nothing special...I dont see him having a good year.

The Jets have a tougher schedule this season. I think all things considered 10 wins would be special and this team isnt what anyone wants to see in the playoffs!

Bano114
09-06-2010, 03:53 PM
I could realisticly see them going 8-8 this year. Im sure they will one or two games they should lose but lose one or 2 games they should win. They have a tough schedeul and I dont see Sanchez working out well this season.

NY-Knicks
09-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah fortunately defense is the focal point of the Jets, not their offense. Lot of running'. That's one position where Giants > Jets, the QB position. Yeah they might not have a spectacular regular season record but will scare a lot of teams in the Playoffs. Guess we'll see on monday.

Rameek
09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah fortunately defense is the focal point of the Jets, not their offense. Lot of running'. That's one position where Giants > Jets, the QB position. Yeah they might not have a spectacular regular season record but will scare a lot of teams in the Playoffs. Guess we'll see on monday.
Comparing Manning to Sanchez isnt really fair now is it.... Besides Eli isnt that special himself. Eli had a career year last year.

franchize
09-06-2010, 10:23 PM
how is our pass rush abyssmal?we dont play conventional D.sure we dont have D-ends who have a ton of sacks but that's not where we send our pressure.We blitz our backs and backers.We put pressure on that ass.Thats y we need a guy like Revis to be able to cover w/o help.As far as Sanchez,it wont matter how much better he got.Itll matter how much we rely on him.I would rather him be the same and we stick to running than him get a lil better and we let become a passing offense like the "other" team in NY did last year.We can afford to have Shonn Greene avg 3 yardsper carry like Brandon Jacobs did last year.Besides,we were in the AFC championship game last year n Sanchez was far from spectacular.As long as LT plays like he played in preseason and Pace comes back sooner rather than later, barring injury,we are going to be a force.For all the Giants fans talking crap,you guys may not even sniff the playoffs.

Bano114
09-07-2010, 12:28 AM
how is our pass rush abyssmal?we dont play conventional D.sure we dont have D-ends who have a ton of sacks but that's not where we send our pressure.We blitz our backs and backers.We put pressure on that ass.Thats y we need a guy like Revis to be able to cover w/o help.As far as Sanchez,it wont matter how much better he got.Itll matter how much we rely on him.I would rather him be the same and we stick to running than him get a lil better and we let become a passing offense like the "other" team in NY did last year.We can afford to have Shonn Greene avg 3 yardsper carry like Brandon Jacobs did last year.Besides,we were in the AFC championship game last year n Sanchez was far from spectacular.As long as LT plays like he played in preseason and Pace comes back sooner rather than later, barring injury,we are going to be a force.For all the Giants fans talking crap,you guys may not even sniff the playoffs.

You can't play it off like Sanchez can have a mediocre year and the Jets still make the super bowl like they claim they will.

If you look at the starting QB's to win a super bowl since 2005 they were all good QB's, most of them elite QB's.

2010: Drew Brees
2009: Ben Roethlesburger
2008: Eli Manning
2007: Peyton Manning
2006: Ben Roethlesburger
2005: Tom Brady

Mark Sanchez can not be mentioned with any of those QB's skill wise. He's done little to improve. Defense helps win championships but with out a legit QB you aren't going to get it done. Look at the Bears in 07. They had no QB but a great D. Now look at the Steelers, great D, legit QB...2 superbowls.

Everyone is sleeping on the Giants this year which is a good thing. They've quietly improved alot this off season. The defense looks alot better, especially with our new 4 man rush and D coordinator. Piere-Paul Umeniora Tuck and Kiwanuka 4 man rush is going to help put our defense back on the map. Our receiving core improved, Eli is coming off a career year with what many called the weakest receiving squad the Giants have had during his time there, and Ahmad Bradshaw won the starting job from Jacobs who will do alot better coming off the bench.

Keep sleepin on the Giants baby.:cheers:

NY-Knicks
09-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Of course the Jets are a better team this season just wanted to point out one of the Giants advantages :oldlol: . I actually like the Jets as well, mainly because of their defense. And they will end up with the better record this season, just hoping the Giants can make it to the postseason. It seems like it's been forever since the Superbowl victory in 2008.

franchize
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Yea Sanchez can't be mentioned in the same breath as any of those guys but our Defense is better than all of those teams defenses...including the Patriots and Giants.PPL mistakingly said that Giants team had a great D.They didnt.They hada great Pass Rush.The Giants secondary has been shaky for years.Its just so damn hard to get the ball off when Tuck,Osi, Strahan, Cofield,Alford, Kiwanuka are breathing down your neck and theyre all fresh because they are stockpiled @ the dline positions.Every year the Giants draft @ least one d-lineman,most of the time high in the draft.The Jets only somewhat of a weakness is their pash rush from the end position...but we run a 3-4 (which I hate btw) and we never only send our linemen.We always are blitzing some1.So I could play D end and it wouldnt matter.Plus,our LBs are agressive and now under Rex Ryan,we gang tackle.Soemthing we never used to do.So what does that mean? Even if somehow you escape the Brick Wall known as Kris Jenkins,now you have a tidal wave of LBs and safeties ready to bust your snotbubble.Oh and btw,dont even think about throwin it Revis' way.Oh and btw you can't exactly pick on the other DBs because one is a former pro-bowler and one is a stud rookie.Oh and btw our Dwight Lowery's biggest strength is playing nickleback.So yea I'm nervous about Sanchez but I wont count us out if he doesnt have good games.He played poorly in alotta games last year and it didnt matter because the D wouldnt allow the opposing team to score.It was like a little kid playing basketball with a Ringer and he gets all the rebounds and keeps letting the scrubby kid shoot until he makes one lmao.

Bano114
09-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Yea Sanchez can't be mentioned in the same breath as any of those guys but our Defense is better than all of those teams defenses...including the Patriots and Giants.PPL mistakingly said that Giants team had a great D.They didnt.They hada great Pass Rush.The Giants secondary has been shaky for years.Its just so damn hard to get the ball off when Tuck,Osi, Strahan, Cofield,Alford, Kiwanuka are breathing down your neck and theyre all fresh because they are stockpiled @ the dline positions.Every year the Giants draft @ least one d-lineman,most of the time high in the draft.The Jets only somewhat of a weakness is their pash rush from the end position...but we run a 3-4 (which I hate btw) and we never only send our linemen.We always are blitzing some1.So I could play D end and it wouldnt matter.Plus,our LBs are agressive and now under Rex Ryan,we gang tackle.Soemthing we never used to do.So what does that mean? Even if somehow you escape the Brick Wall known as Kris Jenkins,now you have a tidal wave of LBs and safeties ready to bust your snotbubble.Oh and btw,dont even think about throwin it Revis' way.Oh and btw you can't exactly pick on the other DBs because one is a former pro-bowler and one is a stud rookie.Oh and btw our Dwight Lowery's biggest strength is playing nickleback.So yea I'm nervous about Sanchez but I wont count us out if he doesnt have good games.He played poorly in alotta games last year and it didnt matter because the D wouldnt allow the opposing team to score.It was like a little kid playing basketball with a Ringer and he gets all the rebounds and keeps letting the scrubby kid shoot until he makes one lmao.

What I just realized is that the Patriots and Jets are opposites but similar at the same time.

The Patriots have a strong offense which has been making headlines for the wrong reasons this off season, due to contracts. They also have a weak defence this year.

The Jets have a strong defense which has also been making headlines for the wrong reasons with the whole Revis situation. Then look at there offense and you see that its average at best.

I'm interested in seeinng the results of the Jets Pats games this season.

That was off topic though. Back to my point. My big problem with Jet fans is alot of them are claiming they are going to the super bowl this year. What makes them better then the Colts? The Colts have one of the stronger defenses in the league and one of the best QB's in the game. The Jets have one of the best defenses in the league but an unproven sophmore QB.

And thats a big jump. You still have to go through the Chargers, which you proved you can do but this is a younger and healthier Charger team. Then even in your own division you have to take on the Dolphins who quietly have a very good squad this year as well. I just hate that Jets fans think theyre going to even sniff a superbowl title with out a legit QB.

I mean look at the Vikings. They were very similar to your team now. Great running game and strong defense...but no QB. They went no where. They get Brett Favre and are a mistake away from the Super Bowl. Theyre still many peoples choice to make it to the super bowl this year.

NY-Knicks
09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Yeah the Giants have a great pass rush. But the return of Kris Jenkins on your defensive line will really help the pass rush. And of course there aren't many teams who can compete with the Jets cornerbacks because of Revis. Put him on the best wide receiver of the opposing team and he will shut him down (say what Ochocinco, 0 receptions and 0 yards?) :oldlol:.

I really hope Osi Umenyiora can get back to his old form (2007) and that Justin Tuck has an incredibly stellar season like in 2008.

Osi
2007: 16 games (16 starts), 40 tackles, 13.0 sacks
2009: 16 games (11 starts), 19 tackles, 7.0 sacks

Tuck
2008: 16 games (16 starts), 52 tackles, 12.0 sacks and 1 interception
2009: 16 games (15 starts), 44 tackles, 6.0 sacks

That is just a dominating combination if they play like their best seasons and I think they can do that. Too bad they cut Jay Alford.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a45639/article/giants-cut-dt-alford-ol-whimper-secondyear-qb-bomar

Rameek
09-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Comparing Mark Sanchez who is going into his 2nd season who had 1 year of college experience and 1 year of NFL experience is just NONSENSE!

The reason the Jets pass rush is abysmal is because they cant get pressure on the QB with the front 7. So they have to send exotic and creative blitzes to get pressure on the QB. Considering Pace is the best only pass rusher is pretty pitiful to me.

I dont see where the Giants improved on defense except adding a Safety and Middle linebacker (who is really a weakside LB.) Bano the Giants have added nothing really, yet they have improved? Ludicrous. Its the same team that folded after starting 5-0 I believe.

I dont think the Giants are bad by no means but honestly I dont see them making much waves this year. 9-7 would be a nice for them. I can see them beating Panthers Home, Tennessee Home, Chicago Home, Detroit Home, @Seattle, Wash Home, Philly Home, Jacksonville Home, Dallas Home.
Show me where the Giants are going to be quality teams on the road?

Bano114
09-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Comparing Mark Sanchez who is going into his 2nd season who had 1 year of college experience and 1 year of NFL experience is just NONSENSE!

So therefore it is nonsense to believe the Jets can win a superbowl this year because they do not have a legit Quarterback. Look at the last 5 years, each super bowl winning team had a legit QB.

Look at the Bears when they vsed the Colts. Great D but no legit QB...they lost. The Jets wont beat the Colts in the play-offs.

I dont see where the Giants improved on defense except adding a Safety and Middle linebacker (who is really a weakside LB.) Bano the Giants have added nothing really, yet they have improved? Ludicrous. Its the same team that folded after starting 5-0 I believe.

Well first and foremost they fired their defensive co-ordinator, who did such a terrible job with the D last year. They brought in Perry Fewell who brought in alot of energy. Then they added Pierre-Paul to the pass rush along with Tuck and Umenyiora who seem to have there problems aside and ready to play.

Show me where the Giants are going to be quality teams on the road?

In the 2007-2008 NFL play-offs.:cheers:

Rameek
09-08-2010, 12:34 PM
So therefore it is nonsense to believe the Jets can win a superbowl this year because they do not have a legit Quarterback. Look at the last 5 years, each super bowl winning team had a legit QB.

Look at the Bears when they vsed the Colts. Great D but no legit QB...they lost. The Jets wont beat the Colts in the play-offs.

Well first and foremost they fired their defensive co-ordinator, who did such a terrible job with the D last year. They brought in Perry Fewell who brought in alot of energy. Then they added Pierre-Paul to the pass rush along with Tuck and Umenyiora who seem to have there problems aside and ready to play.

In the 2007-2008 NFL play-offs.:cheers:
I said the Jets were going to the playoffs... Mark Sanchez has to get better managing the game and making big plays when needed like 1st downs things like that make defenses scared of a big play or two in the passing game....

I am asking you to look at your schedule for the upcoming season and tell me where they can realistically WIN more than 7 games.

You are under the dellusion that a pass rush means W's.... Thats just one phase of the game my man.

franchize
09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
pass rush doesnt mean W's but Defense wins games and we arent all pass rush liek the giants were.N i think we have a shot to win any game we play so I dont even need to look @ our schedule.But for the record.I saw the schedule the day it came out.Our 1st game will probably be our toughest game because I think the Ravens got the best over the offseason.I'm not saying we are a shoe-in for the Superbowl but I do think we have a shot.N i say that because while Sanchez isnt gr8,he isnt a scrub and we got to the AFC championship game last year w/ him and one less superstar wide-receiver.Not to mention Braylon was a newcomer.Really,when you think of it,Sanchez may be our weakest link now.That's not bad.

NY-Knicks
09-08-2010, 01:16 PM
I said the Jets were going to the playoffs... Mark Sanchez has to get better managing the game and making big plays when needed like 1st downs things like that make defenses scared of a big play or two in the passing game....

I am asking you to look at your schedule for the upcoming season and tell me where they can realistically WIN more than 7 games.

You are under the dellusion that a pass rush means W's.... Thats just one phase of the game my man.

haha, using the jets colours :applause: .

NY-Knicks
09-08-2010, 01:19 PM
pass rush doesnt mean W's but Defense wins games and we arent all pass rush liek the giants were.N i think we have a shot to win any game we play so I dont even need to look @ our schedule.But for the record.I saw the schedule the day it came out.Our 1st game will probably be our toughest game because I think the Ravens got the best over the offseason.I'm not saying we are a shoe-in for the Superbowl but I do think we have a shot.N i say that because while Sanchez isnt gr8,he isnt a scrub and we got to the AFC championship game last year w/ him and one less superstar wide-receiver.Not to mention Braylon was a newcomer.Really,when you think of it,Sanchez may be our weakest link now.That's not bad.

Well said. The Jets offense has improved over the summer which should really help. That's why I am really looking forward to kickoff weekend.

franchize
09-08-2010, 01:58 PM
end of the day,im just excited to see the Jets look good.I've been a die-hard fan through countless Mets,Jets and Knicks seasons where we had no shot. The Mets look like crap and will for the forseeable future.The Knicks may never get right because we wanna hold on to certain unproven guys instead of going after superstars *cough cough* lol and the Jets went years with a guy who couldnt throw pass 20 yds (Chad Pennington) so yea,I'm excited about Jet football.Our Defense is great,our running game is good,our receivers are finally good,Rex Ryan is fun to listen to, Fireman Ed is awesome (even though he wasnt the originator of the JETS chant) and we have the best db in the league

o yea p.s. we send exotic blitz packages because that's how Rex Ryan coaches. D-line or no D-line.He did it in B-more too.It's why he's such a genious on the defensive side of the ball.and i think a big part of the reason we didnt get pash rush is because our DT,one of if not the best in the league,was out...i think that MAY have something to do with it.

Bano114
09-08-2010, 05:02 PM
I said the Jets were going to the playoffs...

I know that you said that and I'm not accusing you of being one of those Jet fans who said the Jets winning a super bowl this year is going to happen. I dont think anyone on here is saying that. If you look around though their are wayyyy to many Jets fans claiming superbowl this year just because they made it to the AFC championship last year. Those are the fans I have problems with. Also it annoys me that the organization is doing the same and claiming superbowl. It will most likely make your organization look like a joke at the end of the day because there are alot of teams who can win the superbowl this year....and the Jets are not at the top of the list.

franchize
09-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I think ppl are reading too much into Rex's superbowl statements.Rex is a vulgar,hardnosed,coky guy.His style as a coach is to have his players play the way he coaches...holding their crotch and disrespecting everyone.Before he did anything,Rex gave the team confidence.Him and Bart Scott brought leadership and an identity that we havent had for a while.We are a smashmouth team.For years,I couldnt tell you what we were.So Rex being a jerk,Rex cursing up a storm or Rex making bold predictions is more so a testament to the direction and attitude he's tryna instill in this team than him looking at our roster and saying hmmm we match up well with everyone.But, for the record,we do have a shot to win it and anyone who says we have no shot is clueless.Anytime you have a D like we have,you have a shot.IMO our D is better than the Giants D was the year they won.

NY-Knicks
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I think the fact that Jenkins will be back improves the Jets pass rush a lot. They must have missed the presence of (like you said) one of the best defensive tackles in the NFL.

Bano114
09-08-2010, 07:51 PM
IMO our D is better than the Giants D was the year they won.

I think your D is better too. The difference is we had a legit a QB and you dont.

I think any team with a good Defence can atleast make it to the championships, but only teams with legit Quarterbacks to go with a good defence have the ability to win it all.

Look how good the Bears defence was in the 2006-2007 season when the lost in the superbowl against the Colts. But then a Giants team, which I dont think was as good as that Bears team manages to win a superbowl one year later.

A good QB is 100% needed to win a superbowl.

Im fine with any Jets fan saying they have a shot to make it to the superbowl, but to win is a whole different story. You don't have the QB for it.

Rameek
09-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Bano I do agree to some degree that Most Superbowl teams have good or elite QB's first and foremost even before having a gr8 defense. I do believe they have a chance in the playoffs.

I am still waiting for the explanation of how the Giants are going to make the playoffs though.... They can win 9 games but which road games could they win to put them in position to make a playoff run?

Bano114
09-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Bano I do agree to some degree that Most Superbowl teams have good or elite QB's first and foremost even before having a gr8 defense. I do believe they have a chance in the playoffs.

I am still waiting for the explanation of how the Giants are going to make the playoffs though.... They can win 9 games but which road games could they win to put them in position to make a playoff run?

The Seahawks for sure. We definetly have the ability to beat the Eagles and Redskins at home but I feel like its going to be one or the other. I also believe we could beat the Texans.

franchize
09-09-2010, 11:37 AM
I wish we would cut Joe McKnight and sign Chauncey Washington off the practice squad.Dude runs hard.McKnight is decent on special teams and a bone head on Offense

Bano114
09-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Giants 1-0.:cheers:

That was one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen. It was turn over after turn over. Hakeem Nicks really impressed me with his TD catches but he could've done so much more if he would stop tipping balls up in the air half the time. Eli's first interception was because of a tipped ball. At the end of the day a wins a win. The defense looked pretty good out there to. I really like Terrell Thomas. I expect big things from him this year.

Rameek
09-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Giants 1-0.:cheers:

That was one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen. It was turn over after turn over. Hakeem Nicks really impressed me with his TD catches but he could've done so much more if he would stop tipping balls up in the air half the time. Eli's first interception was because of a tipped ball. At the end of the day a wins a win. The defense looked pretty good out there to. I really like Terrell Thomas. I expect big things from him this year.
You will take the victory but had the Panthers been a competent team the Giants would have lost. Play like that next week and the Colts will blow out the Giants by 28

Bano114
09-12-2010, 10:17 PM
You will take the victory but had the Panthers been a competent team the Giants would have lost. Play like that next week and the Colts will blow out the Giants by 28

You're right. The WR's really need to hang on to the ball and we can't play as sloppy. We need to keep the TO's down alot to stand a chance against them.

franchize
09-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Rameek is dead on.Carolina will undoubtedly be one of the worst teams in the league this year.I never begrudge a win but the Giants will unfortunately see all those picks and think their secondary is good but they really arent.Matt Moore was carving them up for part of the game but he's just such a bone head,he was lobbing the ball in triple coverage in the red zone like it was Chris Paul to Tyson Chandler out there lmao

p.s. pass rush looked gr8 tho.looks back to the giants of old

Bano114
09-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Rameek is dead on.Carolina will undoubtedly be one of the worst teams in the league this year.I never begrudge a win but the Giants will unfortunately see all those picks and think their secondary is good but they really arent.Matt Moore was carving them up for part of the game but he's just such a bone head,he was lobbing the ball in triple coverage in the red zone like it was Chris Paul to Tyson Chandler out there lmao

p.s. pass rush looked gr8 tho.looks back to the giants of old

I think you are really under rating our Secondary. We do have Kenny Phillips and Terrell Thomas out there. Did you see that clutch tackle by Kenny Phillips that prevented Deangelo Williams from a certain 80+ yard touch down run? Darrelle Revis isn't the only legit player playing in the secondary in New York. We've got guys too. Sleep on Terrelle Thomas this year, hes going to have a very good season.

franchize
09-13-2010, 01:41 PM
No but I did see that lucky ass shoe string tackle lmao they were going crazy over.I'm sorry but I'm just not impressed with your secondary.I mean Rolle was a huge upgrade but I've seen guys get toasted year after year.Besides, Matt Moore made yall look good and Steve Smith (my favorite receiver in the league) was absolutely destoying yall.If Matt Moore wasnt such a moron,Smith was literally open almost every play.

NY-Knicks
09-13-2010, 01:45 PM
No but I did see that lucky ass shoe string tackle lmao they were going crazy over.I'm sorry but I'm just not impressed with your secondary.I mean Rolle was a huge upgrade but I've seen guys get toasted year after year.Besides, Matt Moore made yall look good and Steve Smith (my favorite receiver in the league) was absolutely destoying yall.If Matt Moore wasnt such a moron,Smith was literally open almost every play.

Fitz >>>> Steve Smith

Sorry, just had to get it out in the open. :D

I think our secondary is at least decent, not bad at all. Of course the Giants' pass rush is their biggest asset on defense. You can't compare our secondary to the Jets secondary, no comparison there.

We won the game, that's what matters. There were some sloppy plays and I didn't like what I saw sometimes and hopefully they'll play better next week.

Bano114
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Damn the Jets look good so far. Shoulda had a TD instead of a FG though. Sanchez made a bad choice on third down in the red zone...he still has plenty of time to prove me wrong though.

Rameek
09-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Honestly the pass rush is best and only good thing about the D-Fense of the Giants. The secondary isnt that good.

I like the QB and WR tandem of the Giants they are really good. The run game looked terrible early but got going later.

Sanchez needs to convert 3downs!

Bano114
09-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Honestly the pass rush is best and only good thing about the D-Fense of the Giants. The secondary isnt that good.

I like the QB and WR tandem of the Giants they are really good. The run game looked terrible early but got going later.

Sanchez needs to convert 3downs!

:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

I love how your saying how bad our secondary is...hows this Kyle Wilson kid working out for you?

Bano114
09-13-2010, 09:39 PM

Sorry for laughing but your secondary really hurt you this game. Especially with penalties.

Rameek
09-13-2010, 09:56 PM

I love how your saying how bad our secondary is...hows this Kyle Wilson kid working out for you?
Mind you your secondary has benefited from a far superior front 4. Its not like your team played a quality team geez the Panthers have Steve Smith and nothing else....

Kyle Wilson is a rookie I have no problem with him BUT Cromartie has been horrendous.

Bano114
09-13-2010, 10:22 PM
:oldlol: I had too much fun watching this game. I hate to say I told you so but the two worst parts of the Jets game tonight were Sanchez and the Secondary. I never said the secondary would be bad but all I've heard you guys bring up was The Jets and Giants secondary. And I was right about Sanchez....he was the reason they lost. Did he even complete a pass on 3rd down tonight? They only 6 first downs this whole game...fewest in Jets history.

Alright I think I'm getting ahead of my self because its only the first game and the Giants are likely going to lose next week. I expect to hear it from you guys then.:cheers:

franchize
09-13-2010, 10:42 PM
I seriously have grown to hate Giants fans.ur lil penises get hard n start talkin crap after every little win.Kyle Wilson did fine.we gave up 10 points all game.Yall beat the Panthers with a bum QB,no Peppers and terrible play calling.We played a superbowl contender and lost by one point only cuz we have a horrible O coordinator.That was not Sanchez' fault we lost that game. Brian Schottenheimer wont let him play ball.We musta thrown 90 passes to the flats.Bottom line is if your coordinator makes u throw to an elderly FB.He made Sanchez check down before he could even look down field.It wasnt like he was throwin picks and incompletions.We wasnt goin down field.Thats foor coaching and scheming.We'll see how your giants do when yall play a good team.We gave up one TD and it was because they had excellent field position and some of those pass interference calls were ticky tack.BTW last time i checked Eli threw it to the other team yesterday.

Bano114
09-13-2010, 10:51 PM
I seriously have grown to hate Giants fans.ur lil penises get hard n start talkin crap after every little win.Kyle Wilson did fine.we gave up 10 points all game.Yall beat the Panthers with a bum QB,no Peppers and terrible play calling.We played a superbowl contender and lost by one point only cuz we have a horrible O coordinator.That was not Sanchez' fault we lost that game. Brian Schottenheimer wont let him play ball.We musta thrown 90 passes to the flats.Bottom line is if your coordinator makes u throw to an elderly FB.He made Sanchez check down before he could even look down field.It wasnt like he was throwin picks and incompletions.We wasnt goin down field.Thats foor coaching and scheming.We'll see how your giants do when yall play a good team.We gave up one TD and it was because they had excellent field position and some of those pass interference calls were ticky tack.BTW last time i checked Eli threw it to the other team yesterday.

Eli's a bum QB? Sanchez only completed what 7 passes all game? He didnt even have 50 throwing yards. I cant remember a pass he completed on 3rd down, but then again the Jets didnt have many first downs in the first place. Have Sanchez complete 10 passes and break 50 yards and then we can talk about bum QB's.

And there excellent field postion? They had excellent field positon all game because of what...? The Jets secondary. Constant holding and pass interference put the Ravens in good position. Jets fans have been talking up this secondary so much. Look what happened.

And you are wrong to say Eli threw it to the other team yesterday. On every interception he threw it to his recievers hands. On every interception it bounced off the recievers hand and up in to the air for the easy pick. That was not Mannings fault.

As far as I'm concerned I have bragging rights this week.

Edit: I apologize for misreading your post. You meant Moore was a bum QB. My bad.

NY-Knicks
09-14-2010, 02:52 AM
I couldn't catch the game but apparently they played like crap? Did they really burn the secondary that much, including Darrelle?

franchize
09-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Clearly your bragging rights don't extend to your reading capabilities cuz I was obviously calling Matt Moore a bum....not Eli.

And even with the secondary getting penalties,we still locked them down.I still don't get how you are tryna disrespect our defense when we only gave up 10 points.And they got good field position because our Offense couldnt move the ball.Say what you want,yall got a win but your defense is not better than ours.Your secondary isnt as good as ours and I STILL can brag about our D.We created turnovers in like one quarter.We got a sack fumble in the very 1st series.We got a pick.What exactly is your point?If you wanna beat your chest because yall won against the horrific Panthers...gahead.If you wanna laugh at us because we lost against a Superbowl contender by one point...gahead.But get your facts str8.We didnt play poorly on D even with the penalties.We shut the Ravens down when it counted.It was our O that let us down and moreso the coordinator thn Sanchez.

BTW Eli said on ESPN himself that he coulda ot some of those balls further down.Im old school so I say if you touch it you catch it but one of those was his fault.The one to Barden tho was sheer Ramses fault. coulda caught that with one hand and I never played organized football in my life.

knickscity
09-14-2010, 12:37 PM
The defense really didn't give up that touchdown. The bad offense, not advancing the ball up thye field far enough contributed just as much.

I agree the this game was lost due to the offensive coord shackling Sanchez. I don't think he threw the ball down field but once long, and they had an offensive penalty even the,.

Rameek
09-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I couldn't catch the game but apparently they played like crap? Did they really burn the secondary that much, including Darrelle?
Dont listen to Bano he is a Giants homer and his football intelligence seems to be limited to some degree IMHO.

The Jets 2ndary wasnt up to snuff but this was a poorly coached game on both sides of he ball for the Jets as well as stupid aggressive penalties that gave the Ravens too many additional chances. The 2 scoring drives continued because of bad penalties by the Jets.

Kyle Wilson and Cromartie were caught in man coverage a lot that Flacco took advantage of.

Bano114
09-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Dont listen to Bano he is a Giants homer and his football intelligence seems to be limited to some degree IMHO.

The Jets 2ndary wasnt up to snuff but this was a poorly coached game on both sides of he ball for the Jets as well as stupid aggressive penalties that gave the Ravens too many additional chances. The 2 scoring drives continued because of bad penalties by the Jets.

Kyle Wilson and Cromartie were caught in man coverage a lot that Flacco took advantage of.

This is what I said. The only person bad skill wise on the Jets IMO was Kyle Wilson. Your secondary is full of very talented players, but if theyre so good...why give up so many yards on pass interference and defensive holding calls? You cant disagree that the good field position was because of penalites on the Jets secondary.

You guys protect Sanchez way to much. He was a big part of why you lost. You cant avoid this forever.

NY-Knicks
09-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Too bad about Kris Jenkins. Do you guys want a trade for Haynesworth? from nfl.com

Rameek
09-15-2010, 07:39 PM
This is what I said. The only person bad skill wise on the Jets IMO was Kyle Wilson. Your secondary is full of very talented players, but if theyre so good...why give up so many yards on pass interference and defensive holding calls? You cant disagree that the good field position was because of penalites on the Jets secondary.

You guys protect Sanchez way to much. He was a big part of why you lost. You cant avoid this forever.
Well this is obvious but yet you continuously compare him to Eli.... This is going to be his 3rd year starting at QB since HS duh what expectations do you want to set on that Bano? If the Jets were an awful team then I guess it would be different but since they believe they are playoff bound they want him to not lose the game like he did last year.

Haynesworth Contract is an albatross no way the Jets cheap FO will do that deal unless in the CBA that allows Wash to pay half of that contract!

franchize
09-16-2010, 09:49 PM
I am not protecting Sanchez at all.Im not even a Sanchez fan.Im just callin it like I see it.If he was throwin picks all over the place I'd say it was on him but anyone who knows anything about football should be able to tell that was poor coaching.He's (Brian Schottenheimer) been babying Sanchez for 2 yrs.He's like Tom Coughlin in that he's too conservative.You could see him and Sanchez flippin frantically throuh pages n Sanchez lookin frustrated.

n i dont want Haynesworth.Not only is he a head case but he isnt doin a damn thing out here in DC.As for the money,he's cheaper than most ppl think because the redskins paid him so much money in that bonus he got

Rameek
09-18-2010, 10:22 AM
I am not protecting Sanchez at all.Im not even a Sanchez fan.Im just callin it like I see it.If he was throwin picks all over the place I'd say it was on him but anyone who knows anything about football should be able to tell that was poor coaching.He's (Brian Schottenheimer) been babying Sanchez for 2 yrs.He's like Tom Coughlin in that he's too conservative.You could see him and Sanchez flippin frantically throuh pages n Sanchez lookin frustrated.

n i dont want Haynesworth.Not only is he a head case but he isnt doin a damn thing out here in DC.As for the money,he's cheaper than most ppl think because the redskins paid him so much money in that bonus he got
Had Sanchez been a 3 year starter at Ole Miss like Eli then yes he would be handled differently. Sanchez has not been babied but just like most rookie QB's they lock onto 1 receiver and make poor decisions. Last year once the Jets got with in a ear shot of the playoffs they pulled in the reigns. This year after 1 game you can see the reigns are still on. Again you dont watch the Jets enough to say this guy has been babied because you sound foolish. He was allowed to throw last year for the first half of the season and he wasnt effective. Last year he had no check down backs so now he is OD'ing on it.

So yes Eli is better than Sanchez a player going into his 7th year compared to a player going into his 2nd year. Brilliant comparison by you.

Yes Eli is easily a top 10 QB.

NY-Knicks
09-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Sunday Football.

Jets vs. Patriots

The high-powered receiving core of New England faces off against pro-bowl CB Darrelle Revis after a week of trash talking between Randy 'Slouch' Moss and Darrelle. The most important part of this game is who will Revis cover and will Antonio Cromartie and Kyle Wilson be able to contend the 'other' main receiver. On NFL Network they had the discussion that Revis should cover Wes but I seriously believe Darrelle needs to keep Randy Moss on Revis Island for the entire game and the remaining CB's and safety's should try to contain Wes Welker.

On offense the Jets will not be facing a powerfull defense like the one they faced last Sunday vs. the Ravens. The Jets hardly had any first downs and had trouble getting the football upfield which put their defense in a tough position. They did not manage to get a touchdown and I was a bit dissapointed by the play of second year QB Mark Sanchez. You can say it wasn't his fault but there is no denying he played bad in that game. The Jets are hoping to get more from runningbacks Shonn Greene and LaDainian Tomlinson. They only had 6 first downs and converted only once out of 11 tries in third down situations. They ran the ball just 21 times even though Rex keeps saying: "Ground and pound". Shonn Greene getting just 5 tries and going for 18 yards rushing is not grounding and pounding to me. LaDainian Tomlinson did get 62 yards on 11 tries in his Jets debut, so that's not bad at all. Hopefully he'll be able to step his game up against a weaker Patriots defense.

http://media.silive.com/jets/photo/darrelle-revis-jets-carolinajpg-16a0c4702576cb87_large.jpg

NY-Knicks
09-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Sunday Football.

The Manning Bowl

Giants vs. Colts

Eli Manning and the New York Giants go to Indianapolis to face 4 time NFL MVP Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts for the second Manning Bowl. The first time these two played against each other the Colts got away with a victory. Today the Colts play at home after suffering a tough loss to the Texans last week. The Colts have not started a season 0-2 since Manning's rookie season and will do everything they can to prevent it this season. The Giants are coming off a win against the Carolina Panthers in which Hakeem Nicks had 3 receiving touchdowns. The Giants will use the ground game more against the Colts less-than-stellar front 7. Texans runningback Arian Foster used big holes in the Colts defense on his way to 3 touchdowns and over 200 rushing yards. I saw the game and he made it look way too easy, especially in the fourth quarter. Expect the Giants to use Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs for a lot of plays in this game instead of using the passing game to advance the ball. The Colts will likely focus on our rushing game which wil allow Eli to make easier passes and which will hopefully make him throw less interceptions (even though some weren't his fault). His older brother had a very good game against the Texans last week but still couldn't get a W on the road in Houston. He will have more pressure on him with the powerfull Giants pass rush breathing down his neck.

The key for NY here is exploiting the Colts' front 7 and trying to contain Peyton Manning. They will need to step up their game because their play against the Panthers will not give them a win over the team who made it to the Superbowl last year and who have arguably the best quarterback in the game today. The Giants secondary can not allow big plays by Pierre Gar

Rameek
09-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Giants pass rush vs Indy passblocking....

Gotta go with the Giants

Jets offense vs Pats young defense....

Gotta have the Jets win a close one Must win!.

NY-Knicks
09-19-2010, 12:57 PM
The Jets can win the game if Revis can keep Moss on his island and the other part of the secondary can play good defense. Their offense will have an easier night so it's all on the Jets defense to show us if they are as good as advertised.

NY-Knicks
09-19-2010, 04:54 PM
A penalty in this drive which kept the drive alive for NE gave them that touchdown. Lots of short passes, they take advantage of Cromartie a lot.

NY-Knicks
09-19-2010, 05:08 PM
TD Jets

Rameek
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Jets WIN!

NY-Knicks
09-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Yep, great win.

The Jets secondary lead by Antonio Cromartie really stepped up their game once Revis left the game. They did not allow much from Welker or Moss in the second half. Mark Sanchez played great today, most passing yards and most touchdowns of his career. Not to mention the ground game was very good. LT was motivated and showed a lot of emotion, he was very tough. Loved the play where he jumped over everyone for a first down. They needed this one and deserved the win. Hopefully Darrelle will get well soon and Sanchez will keep up this type of play.

knickscity
09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Yep, great win.

The Jets secondary lead by Antonio Cromartie really stepped up their game once Revis left the game. They did not allow much from Welker or Moss in the second half. Mark Sanchez played great today, most passing yards and most touchdowns of his career. Not to mention the ground game was very good. LT was motivated and showed a lot of emotion, he was very tough. Loved the play where he jumped over everyone for a first down. They needed this one and deserved the win. Hopefully Darrelle will get well soon and Sanchez will keep up this type of play.

Cosigned. Sanchez threw the ball. That was the key to the win.

Bano114
09-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Cosigned. Sanchez threw the ball. That was the key to the win.

Yep. Sanchez did a good job this week and got alot more chances to throw so I stand corrected. Lets see if he can keep this level of play up though.

franchize
09-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Didnt get to see the game.Was forced to watch the Foreskins out here in MD.I saw bits and pieces.My my my how a week changes.PPL overreacted in the media especially.We had a terrible game and lost by 1 to a superbowl quality team.I just hope Revis comes back.I kinda knew he'd have hamstring problems eventually.That's what happens when you dont come to training camp.

NY-Knicks
09-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Too bad the Giants didn't win.

Rameek
09-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I guess Bano doesnt have the pulse of the Giants... I really believed that the Giants Dline could have done something.... God they were AWFUL it was pretty embarrasing how ATROCIOUS that Giants team is...

knickscity
09-20-2010, 09:15 PM
The Giants were outclassed, which is inexcusable in any sport.

franchize
09-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Anyone seen Bano? Yooo hoooo Banoooooo lmao.

The Jets lost week 1. The Giants were RAPED week 2. lmao

I h8 to say I told you so but c'mon...I told you guys the Giants secondary was suspect.Now I know anyone's D is gonna look suspect against the Colts passing game but the Giants looked hopeless out there.

Furthermore,whatever you guys are trying with your running game and not playing Jacobs as much and all this new stuff is simply not working.Your offense for years has been too predictable.Run Run and throw 2 Steve Smith on 3rd down.If Jacobs is in I know your running up the gut and if Bradshaw is in I know it's a sweep or pitch.Why nothing off tackle?Why not try some split back packages?Why no counters w/ Bradshaw?Why not fake screen to Jacobs and a quick pop to a TE or a slanting receiver?Most importantly.... WHY NOT PLAY VICTOR CRUZ!!!!!!!??? This dude was MONEY in pre-season. lol He torched my Jets.Granted it was our backups but still.The same catch Randy Moss made he made.

Last but not least...Bano....show your face...you got some splainin 2 do *Ricky Ricardo voice* lmao

NY-Knicks
09-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Braylon Edwards :facepalm

Santonio Holmes is suspended for another two games, no Kris Jenkins and possibly no Revis against Miami this weekend and quite possibly Edwards will be suspended as well.

Jets will be awfully thin at WR.

franchize
09-23-2010, 11:19 AM
This is true....n the Miami-NY games are always tough.I think they should suspend Braylon now if theyre are going to at all that way we can just take our lumps early and get every1 back @ once.As for Kris Jenkins,dude is really talented but even when healthy (which is rare) he can't stay on the field.I woulda traded him.Pouha isnt bad.We definitely gotta go D line this year in the draft tho

NY-Knicks
09-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Giants are getting beat up by Tennessee. :facepalm

Eli threw a left-handed interception near the Titan's endzone early in the game and Bradshaw fumbled at a 2nd and Goal at the Titan's 5 yard line. That killed us.

franchize
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
@ this rate,we're never gonna see Bano lmao

Bano114
09-26-2010, 07:19 PM
@ this rate,we're never gonna see Bano lmao

:cry:

I missed the game today but that score looks embarassing.

knickscity
09-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Very good win for the Jets!!!

So far we have beaten two of our AFC East division rivals with very good defense and great offense.

This will mean something later in the season.

franchize
09-27-2010, 09:36 AM
:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol: :roll: :oldlol: o trustt me....it was.it was every bit as terrible as u can imagine it was and then some lol.I didnt get the game here in Maryland but for some reason they kept showing tons of highlights from that game and let's just say the ELi Manning lefthanded interception sums up everything you'd wanna know about it lmao :roll:

Bano114
09-27-2010, 04:56 PM
:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol: :roll: :oldlol: o trustt me....it was.it was every bit as terrible as u can imagine it was and then some lol.I didnt get the game here in Maryland but for some reason they kept showing tons of highlights from that game and let's just say the ELi Manning lefthanded interception sums up everything you'd wanna know about it lmao :roll:

:facepalm

I had heard the interceptions were off tipped balls again? Maybey at least one of them was?

Rameek
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM

I had heard the interceptions were off tipped balls again? Maybey at least one of them was?
its ok bano its early in the season. although they look terrible.

franchize
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
no no no Bano...this was no "it was the other guy's fault" this time.Did you not see what I said...HE THREW A LEFT-HANDED PASS!!! LMAO Not only that but it was in double coverage in the endzone.

NY-Knicks
10-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Jets face the Buffalo Bills and the Giants face the Chicago Bears. The Jets have the easier matchup here.

What do you guys think of the addition of Trevor Pryce? I think it's much needed since Jenkins isn't on your pass rush. He has the experience with two Superbowl victories and is 4th amongst active players in career sacks. He can still be very effective. Jason Taylor (Linebacker) is first in that category. Two of the top four active leaders in career sacks on one team, that's nice. Darrelle Revis is still out, luckily they are facing the Bills and not one of the top teams.

There is a chance Calvin Pace will be in the lineup as well.
This pass rush is still very talented when healthy. And of course their secondary is amazing.

knickscity
10-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Jets pouring it on.

Amazingly if the Jets didn't have that lapse with 40 sec left to the half, this could be 38-0 right now.

NY-Knicks
10-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Jets get the big W. Ladainian Tomlinson and Mark Sanchez had very good games once again.

3-0 in divisional play for the Jets. They won't face a divisional rival until week 13 against the Patriots. They will be tied with either NE (2-1) or MIA (2-1) after tomorrow's game when these two teams face off.

NY-Knicks
10-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Giants are a different story right now.

They are tied with the Cowboys (1-2) for the third position in the NFC East. Both Philly and the Redskins are 2-2 this season. The Giants are facing off against the undefeated Chicago Bears while the Cowboys have a bye week. They will be meeting the Cowboys on the 25th of October and the 14th of November.

Rameek
10-04-2010, 02:45 AM
Jets seem to just get a little bit better every week. A nice Monday night test now!

The NFC East is up for grabs none of the teams are doing anything. Giants are lucky Vick got hurt and none of the teams are any good to this point.[/B]

NY-Knicks
10-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Giants got the victory and are 2-2 now. That's a tie for first place with Philly and Washington.

franchize
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
That Giants Bears game was horrible.The Bears were way overrated.They started last year the same way if im not mistaken.They were clearly outplayed by the Packers n got lucky via some questionable penalties.I predicted 3 upsets yesterday and was right on all of them.I knew the Deadskins would beat Philly.I knew the Giants would beat the Bears.I knew the Ravens would beat the Steelers.The Giants HAVE to get sacks to win. Period!They have an overrated rushing game.Inconsistent passing game and suspect secondary.However,year in and year out they have the best pass D-line depth in the league.

As for the Jets having the easier game,we have a WAAAAAYYY harder schedule than you Giants fans.We've already played the Ravens,The Pats and The Dolphins.Now we get to play the Vikings.Our only 'easy' game was against a division rival and with division games in the NFL alotta times u can throw out the records.You guys already got to play the Panthers with Matt Moore @ QB,the overrated Bears and the up and down Titans.You guys get to play the Seahawks,Jaguars and Lions not to mention the NFC East is no longer the best division.Not even close.The best team in the division has the worst record.Yall get to play the Eagles n Foreskins twice.Both teams are suspect and the Eagles may be even worst depending on how sever Vick's injury is.

We still have to play the Vikings,Steelers,Pats,Packers,Bengals and Dolphins.

NY-Knicks
10-04-2010, 02:08 PM
That Giants Bears game was horrible.The Bears were way overrated.They started last year the same way if im not mistaken.They were clearly outplayed by the Packers n got lucky via some questionable penalties.I predicted 3 upsets yesterday and was right on all of them.I knew the Deadskins would beat Philly.I knew the Giants would beat the Bears.I knew the Ravens would beat the Steelers.The Giants HAVE to get sacks to win. Period!They have an overrated rushing game.Inconsistent passing game and suspect secondary.However,year in and year out they have the best pass D-line depth in the league.

As for the Jets having the easier game,we have a WAAAAAYYY harder schedule than you Giants fans.We've already played the Ravens,The Pats and The Dolphins.Now we get to play the Vikings.Our only 'easy' game was against a division rival and with division games in the NFL alotta times u can throw out the records.You guys already got to play the Panthers with Matt Moore @ QB,the overrated Bears and the up and down Titans.You guys get to play the Seahawks,Jaguars and Lions not to mention the NFC East is no longer the best division.Not even close.The best team in the division has the worst record.Yall get to play the Eagles n Foreskins twice.Both teams are suspect and the Eagles may be even worst depending on how sever Vick's injury is.

We still have to play the Vikings,Steelers,Pats,Packers,Bengals and Dolphins.

Can't disagree with you there. The Giants have a good chance of getting to the Playoffs if their defense is consistently at the top of the League. Divisional games will be extremely important with these teams staying close as far as records.

I watched a NFL Network Gameday Broadcast today. I believe it was Deion Sanders who said the Jets are the best team in the NFL right now and that Ladainian Tomlinson is the League MVP. Even though the last call can definitely be debated otherwise, it would be amazing to see Ladainian have such a comeback and win a Superbowl this year. SD could suck on that. He has done an incredible job for the Jets this season (did you see that TD run yesterday :bowdown: , vintage LT).

franchize
10-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Yea LT shook dude's draws off n put his face in the stain lol

Anybody know the status of that Randy Moss trade?I would be extra excited in it werent for the fact that we play the Vikings Monday.:facepalm

NY-Knicks
10-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Yea LT shook dude's draws off n put his face in the stain lol

Anybody know the status of that Randy Moss trade?I would be extra excited in it werent for the fact that we play the Vikings Monday.:facepalm

It's official. Randy Moss for a third round pick. It's really good for the Jets, except for their matchup on Monday. Just like you said. It is much better for the Jets position in their division since they are tied with NE.

a) I hope Randy Moss doesn't play Monday.
b) If he does Darrelle better be healthy and up for the challenge. I think he'd like the opportunity of revenge tho.

It's on the NFL.com homepage btw.

franchize
10-07-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't get why everyone thinks Revis needs revenge.It's not like he got embarassed.He got beat on one play and it was mainly cuz he pulled his hamstring.Granted it was an excellent catch but if anything Moss evened the score because Revis shut him down (twice actually) last year.Besides,Moss only had 1 other catch and we won the game this year.

In related news,I think Belichick and staff will finally suffer for being so cocky.They have this "we can win wih Joe from accounting" attitude but that worked when they had a stellar defense.Im not sure you can win with their team now.Im no Moss fan but no 3rd round pick is gonna bring in a Randy Moss type receiver.Besides that,while Tom Brady is a sure HOFer,he's not Peyton Manning.Stats and rings can be deceivin.The Patriot dynasty became so because their D was dominant and their offense was good enough.When they began to lose guys like Seymour,Samules,Vrabel,Bruschi,Harrison...no more rings!!!PPL's love affair with Tom Brady conveniently allows them to forget that.

NY-Knicks
10-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't get why everyone thinks Revis needs revenge.It's not like he got embarassed.He got beat on one play and it was mainly cuz he pulled his hamstring.Granted it was an excellent catch but if anything Moss evened the score because Revis shut him down (twice actually) last year.Besides,Moss only had 1 other catch and we won the game this year.

Revis marked the next game vs. Randy Moss on his calender, the date just came sooner than expected. He told that in a locker room interview this week. I think he doesn't accept the fact that he got beat.

I agree he didn't get embarassed, people say that really easy. Oh, he got off Revis Island. Revis isn't the best cornerback in the League, and so on. He wasn't 100%, we know that but it was a mistake he made early in the play that created the room for Randy. He allowed him to get the inside track and sprint right by him, knowing that Randy Moss easily outruns him when he's not 100%. It was just a spectacular catch but overall Revis has had the upper hand in their matchups. I really hope Revis will completely shut Moss down, hopefully with some Interceptions.

franchize
10-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Agreed.Besides,last time I checked,Moss was not only one of the best in the league but one of the best all time.No shame in getting toasted one time with a bad hammy from a sure HOFer.Revis has great catch-up speed.Much like Deion did,it doesnt matter whether you get a little ahead of him because he has that catch-up speed and excellent timing.What got him beat is that Moss got a little ahead of him and when that catch-up speed and timing would have kicked in for him to break on the ball or @ least deflect it,his hammy gave way.

NY-Knicks
10-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Agreed.Besides,last time I checked,Moss was not only one of the best in the league but one of the best all time.No shame in getting toasted one time with a bad hammy from a sure HOFer.Revis has great catch-up speed.Much like Deion did,it doesnt matter whether you get a little ahead of him because he has that catch-up speed and excellent timing.What got him beat is that Moss got a little ahead of him and when that catch-up speed and timing would have kicked in for him to break on the ball or @ least deflect it,his hammy gave way.

I agree that this wouldn't be a problem against a lot of WR's but Randy's combination of speed, length, hands and experience plus the fact that he was not 100% made this a mistake by Revis. Moss is great in the vertical game and giving him so much space to just sprint down the field is not the ideal way to defend him. I can't wait to see this matchup on monday.

franchize
10-08-2010, 02:46 PM
I hope we punish Brett.I can't stand Favre + this would be a real statement game for us.We'd maintain #1 in the division,prove we werent just a flash in the pan and beat a team that is coming off a bye determined to prove their losses thus far were "nothing to worry about".

Rameek
10-09-2010, 06:51 AM
The Jets are not blitzing like last year so its a bend dont break defense.

Revis needs to STFU get healthy and play football. A motivated Moss along with a Favre can present problems.

NY-Knicks
10-12-2010, 05:08 AM
I missed the friggin game. Jets got the w but I heard it was close at times. Also heard revis wasn't coverin percy harvin well. He got burned for a td, saw that on the highlight reel, you could see he isnt in shape because he is faster than that. Looks like him holding out in training camp is becoming a big mistake.

franchize
10-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Revis is still hurt which is a little scary but it's also proving that Cromartie was huge pickup

HUGE statement win against a good team desperate for a win

NY-Knicks
10-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Revis is still hurt which is a little scary but it's also proving that Cromartie was huge pickup

HUGE statement win against a good team desperate for a win

Hopefully Revis will be at his best next week. And yeah the Cromartie pickup has worked out very well.

NY-Knicks
10-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Next Sunday starting at 1:00 PM:

New York Giants (3-2) vs. Detroit Lions (1-4)
New York Jets (4-1) vs. Denver Broncos (2-3)

Any predictions?

franchize
10-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Both NY teams SHOULD win but the Broncos are the luckiest team in the NFL and the Lions are really talented believe it or not.Plus I think Stafford comes back this week.Theyve drafted REALLY well the last two years.Not even mentioning Stafford,Jahvid Best and Suh are working out pretty darn well

jjswifty
10-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Anybody else have cablevision here? No NLCS last night and no Giants today. :mad:

NY-Knicks
10-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Giants won another game, didn't play really well but got it done. Penalties killed the Lions, especially in the red zone.

As for the Jets: They are playing sloppy and have allowed big plays. They haven't allowed anything from LT and Mark Sanchez has been playing horrible football. He has thrown two interceptions but a couple more could have easily been picked off. A fumble by Santonio Holmes after a great drive killed them in the third quarter. Don't know what to say about Darrelle Revis. He has been burned for a TD and allowed two short catches. He did cover well on those plays, just good execution by Denver. He had one amazing pass deflection, a HUGE hit on Eddie Royal and a fumble recovery.

Down 17-10, come on now Jets.

NY-Knicks
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Jets pull off the win, 24-20. It was close in the end. The holding (facemask) call against Denver did it for the Jets. LT had 2 TD's.

NY-Knicks
10-17-2010, 07:21 PM
New York Jets (5-1)

Week 7 Opponent: - Bye Week

AFC East
1) New York Jets 5-1
2) New England Patriots 4-1
3) Miami Dolphins 3-2
4) Buffalo Bills 0-5

New York Giants

Week 7 Opponent: At Dallas Cowboys (Monday Night Football)

NFC East
1) New York Giants 4-2
2) Philadelphia Eagles 4-2
3) Washington Redskins 3-2
4) Dallas Cowboys 1-4

knickscity
10-17-2010, 07:22 PM
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH WWWWWWEEEEEEEE!!!!!

5-1 baby with a bye!!!!

J-E-T-S!!!!! JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!!!

NY-Knicks
10-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Ahmad Bradshaw is 2nd in rushing yards this season with 582 yards, trailing only Arian Foster of the Houston Texans. Speaking of rushing, Brandon Jacobs is 35th in the NFL with 207 yards and is tied for sixth in rushing TD's with 4 touchdowns. Ahmad Bradshaw is 9th with 3 touchdowns.

Osi Umenyiora is second in sacks with 8.0. Green Bay's Clay Matthews is first in that category with 8.5 sacks. Umenyiora also has 7 forced fumbles, 16 tackles (including 4 assisted tackles) and 1 pass deflection. Justin Tuck and Mathis Kiwanuka are amongst the players tied for 16th in sacks with 4.0

NY-Knicks
10-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Darrelle Revis is now tied for third in fumble recoveries with 2. Amongst the players tied for second in this category are the Giants defensive back Deon Grant and the Jets defensive end Sione Pouha. Tied for first in fumble recoveries with 3 is Justin Tuck.

Other than the two fumble recoveries Revis also has 7 tackles and 3 pass deflections but still hasn't managed to record an interception in 5 games this season.

franchize
10-20-2010, 11:59 AM
he's still hurt.you can tell.that being said,he isnt a Deion Sanders type.Im surprised he got as many picks as he did last year.He's more of a shut you down and give up nothing guy.He doesnt jump routes like Woodson or Samuels.It's like basketball,you have the guys that get alot of steals and they guys who lock you down.I'll take either!!!

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!

We need to come off the bye with a good performance n prove we aren't like the year Brett was here.We need to act like we're supposed to win the games we did and not like we're a team riding on momentum.

NY-Knicks
10-20-2010, 12:15 PM
he's still hurt.you can tell.that being said,he isnt a Deion Sanders type.Im surprised he got as many picks as he did last year.He's more of a shut you down and give up nothing guy.He doesnt jump routes like Woodson or Samuels.It's like basketball,you have the guys that get alot of steals and they guys who lock you down.I'll take either!!!

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!

We need to come off the bye with a good performance n prove we aren't like the year Brett was here.We need to act like we're supposed to win the games we did and not like we're a team riding on momentum.

I'll take the shutdown guy. He won't take as many risks which can lead to big plays while still allowing only a few catches to elite receivers. When he's healthy, at least.

NY-Knicks
10-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I probably can't watch the Giants-Cowboys game and I hate bye weeks. No Giants and Jets this week for me this week :cry: . I will miss the best game. Hopefully Chad Ochocinco can back all that recent talking up and play great on Sunday. I'll watch that game since I expect a big game from him. Only looking forward to the Arizona-Seattle game.

franchize
10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
I get the Deadskins and Ravens games out here.The Redskins game was absolutely awful to watch.It was like they were playin not to win lol

NY-Knicks
10-25-2010, 03:07 AM
DeAngelo Hall had 4 picks :oldlol: . A lot of games were horrible last night. NE won't get away from the Jets record even though they don't have Moss anymore. San Diego did have a great shot at the game in the final minute tho, blew it with a penalty on the game-tying field goal, went backwards and it was so good.

NY-Knicks
10-26-2010, 04:24 AM
GO GIANTS!

Great win on the road. 5-2 now. It's too bad about the 20-0 start and the 3 picks by Eli but we came back and dominated Dallas.

Hakeem Nicks :bowdown:

NY-Knicks
10-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Hakeem Nicks
45 catches - Tied for 2nd in the NFL
525 receiving yards - 7th in the NFL
75.0 receiving yards per game - 12th in the NFL
8 Touchdowns - Tied for 1st in the NFL
:pimp:

NY-Knicks
10-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Jets offense played horrible. GB got 6 points because the Jets offense turned it over and because of an ugly decision by Rex Ryan.

The defense played good but had bad positioning to start with.

Offense couldn't run the ball, 2 interceptions by Sanchez.

NY-Knicks
10-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Week 8, halfway point of the NFL season.

Jets are 5-2 and are in 1st place in the AFC East if New England loses today.
Interesting fact 1: Have only beat two teams who were above .500, these teams were the Patriots and the Dolphins. The Bills, Vikings and Broncos have records lower than .500.
Interesting fact 2: Are 3-0 in divisional games this year, two of those were on the road.
Interesting fact 3: Sanchez didn't throw a pick in the first 5 games of the season but has thrown it away 4 times vs. the Broncos and Packers in the last two games.

Giants are 5-2 and are in 1st place in the NFC East.
Interesting fact 1:
Osi is back people. He is currently 2nd in the NFL in sacks with 8.0 in 7 games.
Interesting fact 2: Eli Manning leads the NFL with 11 interceptions. He has thrown 14 touchdown passes to stay on the positive end of the touchdown to turnover ratio. He is sixth in total passing yards in the NFL.
Interesting fact 3: The former 7th round pick Ahmad Bradshaw is currently 4th in the NFL in rushing and is very close to passing his total of last year. If he can keep this up we will be looking at his very first Pro-Bowl appearance. The same can be said for 2nd year receiver Hakeem Nicks, who is tied for 1st in the NFL in receiving touchdowns.

franchize
10-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Jets have one of the worst O coordinators in football.The games we lost are the games it caught up w/ us.This game was a mirror image to the Baltimore game.Schottenheimer is terrible.No creativity and not prepared.He's all reaction and not proactive enough.No way you come out of the bye with no sense of what to do on O.

franchize
10-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Both of those INTs were BS btw...The receiver had the ball and they stripped it after the fact both times

NY-Knicks
10-31-2010, 06:23 PM
If the season ended today the Jets would very likely get a Wildcard. Patriots are beating the Vikings easily right now.

NY-Knicks
11-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Jets a possible destination for wideout Randy Moss?

When asked about the Santonio's dropped pass in the fourth quarter against Green Bay, Ryan responded by saying: "Can Santonio catch that ball? Absolutely. And if he would have, would he have scored? Probably. He's got great speed but for whatever reason it never happened. We dropped five balls in the 4th quarter alone. You are not gonna win many games that way. And I know we are, you know we have some talented individuals. You know, we really have a talented group of Receivers, Backs that can catch, Tight Ends that can catch. But we never got it done."

It's true, that play could have gone a long way if he made that catch. It's a ball an NFL Wide Receiver should make in his sleep and especially for a talented player like Santonio Holmes. So is adding Randy Moss to their receiving core a possibility for the New York Jets?

Rex Ryan's take on Randy Moss:
Rex, speaking of receivers, would you be in favor of claiming Randy Moss?
"(Smiling) You know, the one thing here, we really can't talk about Randy Moss until he passes the waiver wire. So I'm not gonna touch that one. That's all you get right now, I really can't commend on him." It certainly looked like he is interested in a Pro Bowl wideout.

The Jets could use the presence of Randy Moss, he'd be the most talented target for Mark Sanchez and can open up the running game because he is such a threat down the field. They don't want New England to pick him up, especially right now, when the Patriots are leading the AFC East Division.

Is it worth it? Randy Moss certainly brings a lot of negativity with him, mostly in the locker room. He might not give his all on the field but he is still a Top 10 Wideout in the League, no matter how much he acts like a 'Slouch'. Speaking of Slouch, does the tension between Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis and Moss stop this from ever happening?

What do you guys think about Randy Moss and should the Jets claim him? Either to stop him from going back home or to upgrade the receiving core. This just my own speculation, I think he'll be picked up by a team before the Jets have a chance to grab him. I just don't want to see him catching Touchdowns for a Jets divisional rival.

franchize
11-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Agreed.I don't necessarily want him,I just dont want him torching us.Its how women are with their EXs.They may not want them but they dont wanna see them happy with another woman either

NY-Knicks
11-03-2010, 04:56 PM
He has been claimed by the Titans, no Moss in the AFC East or the NFC East. Good news.

franchize
11-03-2010, 06:47 PM
still thE AFC tho but we dont play them this year so phewwwww

NY-Knicks
11-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Mark Sanchez is incredibly critical of himself. Hopefully he comes back with a good performance against Detroit.

NY-Knicks
11-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Matt Hasselbeck will not be playing against the Giants, backup Charlie Whitehurst will take over. He has never thrown a ball in the NFL.

franchize
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
he got a huge contract tho lol.

I swear the Giants have like the easiest schedule this year.

knickscity
11-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Mark Sanchez is incredibly critical of himself. Hopefully he comes back with a good performance against Detroit.
I like the idea of him getting fined for negative body language.

I applaud him for asking for it.

He is the franchise player and the commander on the field.

he has to be that leader on the field and no matter what goes on, stand up and move forward.

NY-Knicks
11-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Perry Fewell: "I want our guys to have that mentality, there is blood in the water and we are going to be sharks".

The Seahawks gave up 8 sacks last week.

NY-Knicks
11-07-2010, 04:48 PM
ATTENTION: THIS IS A RANT

WHY THE F-CK ARE THE JETS PLAYING SO BADLY?

Lost to Green Bay, now losing to the Lions, badly. They are playing sloppy football, lots of fumbles and costly penalties. This is horrible. I have no words for the performances the Jets are putting up lately.

franchize
11-07-2010, 05:38 PM
:applause:

I literally thought I was gonna have a heartattack.Im pretty sure my neighbors are gonna call the cops because I was yelling so loud when Holmes caught that pass.We're atop the division now cuz the Patriots lost to the Browns!

NY-Knicks
11-07-2010, 05:44 PM

I literally thought I was gonna have a heartattack.Im pretty sure my neighbors are gonna call the cops because I was yelling so loud when Holmes caught that pass.We're atop the division now cuz the Patriots lost to the Browns!

Me too I was going crazy!

Darrelle Revis was amazing. They really turned around their game in the 4th quarter.

NY-Knicks
11-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Giants are murdering Seattle right now.

knickscity
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM

Amen brother.

"We Superbowl bound, 6-2, we're on pace" in my Rex Ryan voice.

J.E.T.S......Jets, Jets, Jets!!!!!

With the avy to match.

franchize
11-07-2010, 09:36 PM
The Giants season reminds me of Duke in the NCAA tournament last year lol Its like it is set up for them to win.Not only do they have a cupcake schedule but they have played multiple teams with their 2nd or 3rd string QBs.

NY-Knicks
11-08-2010, 11:52 AM
The Giants season reminds me of Duke in the NCAA tournament last year lol Its like it is set up for them to win.Not only do they have a cupcake schedule but they have played multiple teams with their 2nd or 3rd string QBs.

The Giants have knocked a lot of QB's out of the game.

earlofupstate
11-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Steve Nash, Alejandra Amarilla Are Getting a Divorce

By Brett Pollakoff (http://www.fanhouse.com/staff/brett-pollakoff/) NBA Writer | Follow on Twitter: @BrettEP (http://twitter.com/#!/BrettEP)

http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2010/11/nash-alejandra-amarilla.jpgSteve Nash (http://www.fanhouse.com/tag/Steve+Nash/) and his wife, Alejandra Amarilla, have announced their intention to dissolve their marriage, according to a report (http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2010/11/steve-nash.html) from Life & Style.

The timing here is fairly surprising, considering that early Friday morning the couple welcomed into the world their third child (and first son), Matteo Joel Nash. Nash and Amarilla had been together for nine years, and were married in 2005.

"I am very thankful and excited that we have a new son, Matteo Nash," Steve said in a statement to Life & Style. "Alejandra and the baby are doing fine. But this is a bittersweet moment for my wife and I; after five years, we are now in the process of dissolving our marriage.

"While we have lived separately for the past several months, we remain firmly committed to raising our children in the most positive, nurturing way possible. I want only good things for Ale going forward; right now, I'm focused on ensuring that our children understand how much they're loved and adored by us as they continue to adjust to these changes. I would ask that their privacy, and ours as a family, be respected as we move forward. This will be my only statement on this."

Despite the personal issue, Nash appeared to be in good spirits on Friday night. He had 28 points, seven rebounds, and 14 assists, while leading the Phoenix Suns (http://nba.fanhouse.com/team/suns) to a 103-89 home victory over the Sacramento Kings (http://nba.fanhouse.com/team/kings).

knickscity
11-14-2010, 10:17 AM
I wonder if this will make him want to bring his talents to NYC.

earlofupstate
11-14-2010, 01:57 PM
I wonder if this will make him want to bring his talents to NYC.

That or his wife is getting the mansion. (In New York).

NY-Knicks
11-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Santonio Holmes is one clutch playmaker.

The Jets haven't played well lately tho. They really need to stop with the penalties and the stupid plays. Nick Folk sucked today.

Sanchez was very impressive.

knickscity
11-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Santonio Holmes is one clutch playmaker.

The Jets haven't played well lately tho. They really need to stop with the penalties and the stupid plays. Nick Folk sucked today.

Sanchez was very impressive.

He was kicking in the wind too.

But yeah, we have been winning lately on heroics, and pure will to not lose.

franchize
11-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Not being able to see the games and searching franticly for updates is gutwrenching.We really have to do something about Schottenheimer tho.He just is too reactive and not proactive.The D is supposed to adjust to what we're doing on O....not the other way around.We can't move the ball until the 4th quarter.He has no creativity in his gameplans.When we do something creative,he never goes back to it.For instance,we dont use Brad Smith nearly enough.I can probably count on one hand how many plays he's had that didnt yield positive yardage.

NY-Knicks
11-14-2010, 07:38 PM
I really don't want to say it but the Giants don't deserve to win tonight, and they won't. They sucked on defense. Not just the secondary, which is horrible but there is no pressure on Kitna at all. Just one sack all game, that's not Giants football. They have allowed huge plays through the air and haven't been able to find the end zone with the exception of one play. They have been horrible. Losing a game to the worst team in the NFL. If the Eagles win tomorrow the Giants will lose their division-leading position in the NFC East.
:rant

NY-Knicks
11-21-2010, 05:42 PM
That was one exciting game. They shouldn't have allowed the Texans to get back into the game tho. I thought this game was done after the 3rd quarter. Bad turnovers and mistakes on defense.

Mark Sanchez, Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes delivered once again in crunchtime tho. This team has pulled off some amazing wins in close games. But we should be able to put teams away earlier.

Andre Johnson was stuck on Revis Island.

knickscity
11-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Andre Johnson was stuck on Revis Island.
Again.

franchize
11-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Revis Island is like Alcatraz lmao

The Jets are gonna give me a heart attack.

NY-Knicks
11-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah I have been way too nervous the last 3 weeks watching the Jets.

NY-Knicks
11-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Got the W's tho.

NY-Knicks
11-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Santonio Holmes isn't on the Pro Bowl Ballot.

That's rediculous.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot?icampaign=PBBallot_HPstrip

Go vote guys. Put the Jets and Giants players in that game.

NY-Knicks
11-26-2010, 04:28 AM
Jets win 26-10 over the Bengals.

Special teams was very good, especially Brad "One Shoe" Smith. The defense was fantastic as well. Both Ochocinco and T.O. were shut down. Did anyone hear T.O.'s trash talk to Revis this week? Revis got Owens just like last year. 8 targets, 3 catches, 17 yards.
Offense wasn't fantastic for Jets standards tho.

knickscity
11-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Jets win 26-10 over the Bengals.

Special teams was very good, especially Brad "One Shoe" Smith. The defense was fantastic as well. Both Ochocinco and T.O. were shut down. Did anyone hear T.O.'s trash talk to Revis this week? Revis got Owens just like last year. 8 targets, 4 catches, 17 yards.
Offense wasn't fantastic for Jets standards tho.
Pretty much the sum of things.

Yeah T.O. calling Revis an "average" corner.

Yeah right, now get your ass back on the island, T.O.

earlofupstate
11-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Watch LeBaby give kiss of death to Spo' last night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYFOxa5ljc8

He did this to Mike Brown also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGpSpXJwlJ0

What a moron he is.

knickscity
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
LeBron is a *****.

His coach ain't the one sucking out there, it's the HEAT.

I'm glad he isn't here, don't want an ego like that.

Damn his talent, he isn't a winner.

franchize
11-29-2010, 02:29 AM
I really hope we punish the patriots.Itll be a real statement game.BTW...we have to have one of if not the toughest schedule in the league this year.

knickscity
11-29-2010, 06:52 AM
I really hope we punish the patriots.Itll be a real statement game.BTW...we have to have one of if not the toughest schedule in the league this year.
We beat one once, we can do it again.

It's amazing how the Jets get no cred tho.

Thursday nights game, I got so sick of hear how the Bengals have such potent offense.

Then why are they 2 and freaking 9?

I almost wanted to slap the commentators through the screen.

Q. Are the Jets superbowl contenders?
A. No, they lucky, they aren't dominating.

Me: We undefeated on the road!! How ****ing more dominating does a team have to be? We beat you in your own house!! No other team can say that.

New England will be a statement game.

Maybe, but we have beat them already, and we are never out of it on the road.

Someone's streak is gonna end, and I say theirs.

NY-Knicks
11-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Knickscity can you get rid of that fool?

Sarcastic
11-30-2010, 12:52 PM
LeBron is a *****.

His coach ain't the one sucking out there, it's the HEAT.

I'm glad he isn't here, don't want an ego like that.

Damn his talent, he isn't a winner.

Yea ok. I don't believe that for one second.

franchize
11-30-2010, 01:59 PM
:oldlol:

I was thinking the same thing.BUT I will say,after seeing LeBron show his true colors,I'd rather Carmelo here over him.Not saying Melo is better but LeBron is so phony to me.Even when he cracks jokes it seems scripted.During times we are losing,I'm sure his personality would annoy the hell out of me.

knickscity
11-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Knickscity can you get rid of that fool?
Who?

knickscity
11-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Yea ok. I don't believe that for one second.

I didn't believe it when I typed it.:D

NY-Knicks
12-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Who?

I don't know who got rid of his posts but it's all good. :applause: spammer.

franchize
12-07-2010, 09:43 AM
My Jets just got raped....no lube :cry:

NY-Knicks
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
That was so bad, I have no words describing what happened.

Oh wait, I do; Tom Brady. That's what happened. And the fact that Rex got outcoached big time by Belichek.

But still, 45-3. :banghead:

The defense was bad too. The secondary did not live up to the challenge. Brady avoided Revis all night long and the safeties and Cromartie got burned every single time. Cromartie had one of his worst games.

THE JETS NEED A PASS RUSHER. Seriously, where the f-ck was the pressure?
The running game got going but it was too late. This offense can't come back from such a deficit.

Jets have faced three good teams this year. Twice New England, Baltimore and Green Bay. They only have one win in those games and sucked in the three remaining games.

In those three games they scored 9, 0 and 3. No Touchdowns. That just says something about this offense against the better teams in the League. They aren't up to the challenge. The defense did well in those games except for tonight. These last 4 games are so important.

franchize
12-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm more concerned about our offense.Brian Schottenheimer HAS TO GO!!! We cannot move the ball.Only time we have any fluidity is at the end of games in two minute drills...Coincidence? NO....it's the one time where Sanchez is playing free and calling plays no huddle.Our offensive gameplanning absolutely stinks.Yea the defense played poorly but with the offense giving the ball to the Pats every time out and the punter shanking kicks,the Pats ALWAYS had good field position.

NY-Knicks
12-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm more concerned about our offense.Brian Schottenheimer HAS TO GO!!! We cannot move the ball.Only time we have any fluidity is at the end of games in two minute drills...Coincidence? NO....it's the one time where Sanchez is playing free and calling plays no huddle.Our offensive gameplanning absolutely stinks.Yea the defense played poorly but with the offense giving the ball to the Pats every time out and the punter shanking kicks,the Pats ALWAYS had good field position.

I agree with you, this offense is pretty bad if you ask me. Even though we have a great running game, one of the best offensive lines and a great receiver core, the QB is still inconsistent as we all know.

franchize
12-08-2010, 03:55 PM
It's easy and convenient to blame Sanchez.Look,I'm not a Mark Sanchez fan, but I know a lil about football.I know that HE isnt the one making the game plan.HE isnt the one throwing to the flat when it's 3rd and long.HE isnt the one not equally distrubuting the carries between the RBs.HE is underutilizing Brad Smith.HE isnt the reason why we threw to our RBs less than 100 times last year.HE isnt the reason why we're so predictable.HE isnt the reason why we have a good receiving core but theyre never open.That's on the O-coordinator.

NY-Knicks
12-08-2010, 05:02 PM
It's easy and convenient to blame Sanchez.Look,I'm not a Mark Sanchez fan, but I know a lil about football.I know that HE isnt the one making the game plan.HE isnt the one throwing to the flat when it's 3rd and long.HE isnt the one not equally distrubuting the carries between the RBs.HE is underutilizing Brad Smith.HE isnt the reason why we threw to our RBs less than 100 times last year.HE isnt the reason why we're so predictable.HE isnt the reason why we have a good receiving core but theyre never open.That's on the O-coordinator.

That's true but not really what I meant. His throwing is still inconsistent, he'll throw perfect passes down the field some games and miss wide open receivers the other. I like Mark, don't get me wrong, I love his play at the end of the game. But his decision making isn't spectacular either, talking about some of his interceptions.

I have gotten so mad at times when they do another dumb play on 3rd and something. And I agree that the runningback distribution hasn't been good and that we haven't used Brad Smith enough (we know how talented this kid is). Just look at the Giants running game, the distribution is very well done. The Jets could learn a lot from them.

NY-Knicks
12-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Jets offense is doing terrible. They have been really bad lately. Down 10-6.

knickscity
12-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Jets offense is doing terrible. They have been really bad lately. Down 10-6.
Yup, stumbling towards the playoffs is not how to march toward the Superbowl.

franchize
12-12-2010, 09:45 PM
The worst offensive coordinator in the league by far!!! Sad that all thats gonna happen is the media is gonna blame Sanchez.If you know anything about football though,you know its about playcalling.You dont run the ball when theres 9 in the box.Cameron Wake is a beast...we all know that.So if a team is getting pressure up the ends,roll the damn pocket.You also dont run 3 yd pass plays when it's 3 and 5+.We also r not telegraph our running game but we telegraph what kind of running play we'll run.If LT is in,you know we're running outside or off tackle.If Shonn Greene is in,you know where running it up the gut.We hadly ever use Brad Smith.We rarely run drag routes.

All we do is run fades and slants to Holmes.Post and streaks to Edwards. Outs and slants to Cotchery.Curls and seam routes to Keller.It took us 3 years to finally throw to the flat.

This dude ran a Screen play out of tight power I set.Who does that?Football 101 is recognizing the defense and counting the numbers.If you have everyone on the line.And they have a bunch of lineman and linebackers in, you dont run or throw a screen pass.The purpose of bringing in lineman and backers is specifically for TE's and RBs.This guy is killing us

NY-Knicks
12-13-2010, 10:12 AM
The playcalling and the execution were terrible. Sanchez was nearly benched. Now, I'm not blaiming this loss on him but he did suck. He threw some horrible passes and when will he learn he needs to protect the ball outside of the pocket? The receivers dropped way too many passes and Santonio was the worst of them all. Even though he made the longest play of the game he dropped the easy TD and ran a horrible fade route which resulted in a pick.

The defense was great, they stopped the run and Henne wasn't able to do anything. Revis and Cromartie did well and the defensive line was able to put pressure on the QB, finally. They really miss Jim Leonhard tho. The only reason the Dolphins had 10 points was the bad play by the offense.

The Jets were outplayed on special teams as well, that Miami punter kicked some bombs down the field. Cromartie did have a nice spin move on a punt return tho.

franchize
12-13-2010, 11:05 AM
That dude had a cannon in his leg.Even when we backed them up intobad field position it didnt matter.Dude avg over 55 yds per punt.Thats CRAZY!!! He had a 69 yd punt and followed it with another booming kick that Cotchery got immediately tackled on.I think it was damn near 70.

I just dont get how Schotty isnt under fire for his horrible playcalling.Its obvious that our D isnt the problem.Other than the NE game, our losses we've only allowed 10,9 and 10 points.A majority of the time it's because we are going three and out and giving up excellent field position due to a mediocre punter.

franchize
12-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Any boxing fans here? Anyone watch the fights over the weekend? Gr8 stuff

Scoooter
12-19-2010, 05:23 PM
****ing Giants make me want to blow my brains out. Someone needs to get fired over this.

franchize
12-19-2010, 06:13 PM
If we had a real offensive coordinator we could be up 2 scores right now.

Rameek
12-19-2010, 06:38 PM
I really dont think the Giants did bad it was the greatness of Vick IMHO. The onside kick though was a killer! For them to lose like that was terrible though.

franchize
12-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Terrible special teams.

Anywho,on to my Jets.Why finally showed some creativity in the playcalling after more of the same BS in the 1st half.I really didnt expect to win that one.I would love for us to pound the Bears next week.It would really make my day.

Rameek
12-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Oh I expected it. We have to win out basically and Pats have to find a way to lose.

The Jets will have a hard time winning on the road in New England or Pittsburgh!

Terrible special teams.

Anywho,on to my Jets.Why finally showed some creativity in the playcalling after more of the same BS in the 1st half.I really didnt expect to win that one.I would love for us to pound the Bears next week.It would really make my day.

franchize
12-19-2010, 09:03 PM
We're not winning the division.I highly doubt that.The Pats play GB without Aaron Rodgers and they end the season with Miami and Buffalo

Scoooter
12-22-2010, 05:06 AM
UCONN girls got to 89 straight wins. :applause:

They could conceivably keep going for a while too. Just obliterate the record.

franchize
12-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Yea well they beat Baylor,who was the only team I saw as a threat and theyve beaten the team with the nation's leading scorer so I see no reason they can't go undefeated thi year too.

NY-Knicks
12-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Franchize, how do you feel about Mark Bumchez now? I'll tell you how I feel, I'm so f-cking mad it's stupid. First of all, before ranting about Sanchez, let's take a look at our 'best defense in the League according to Rex Ryan'. 38 points by the Bears? What the f-ck? Brady could do anything he wanted, Roethlisberger marched down the field, completing every third down possible. Now Jay Cuntler and the Bears score 38 points. Do we even have a pass rush? We are fortunate that we have Revis and Cromartie because those two guys are the only ones who actually play defense. And since Jim Leonhard is gone we've sucked on D. What about LT? He's been a pile of sh-t since the first couple of weeks, he is one of my favorite players ever. So I hate seeing this from him. Now, you can blame Schotty all you want but Mark Sanchez has sucked. He plays well at times but always manages to mess things up when he needs to play well. The second half of the season he has thrown way more picks than TD's, that is unacceptable. One of the most turnover prone QB's in the NFL today.

NY-Knicks
12-26-2010, 06:06 PM
I thought this was going to be a good year for New York football, the Giants might not even make the Playoffs, don't know about the Jets right now. Jets were 9-2 a couple of weeks ago tho, now 10-5. Neither team is playing good football right now.

knickscity
12-26-2010, 07:46 PM
The game I was watching showed us getting killed by Hester.

And the fake punt with the lead was asinine.

Sanchez didn't lose this game, his pass action was great.

No defense should give up 38 points on drives.

NY-Knicks
12-26-2010, 11:04 PM
The game I was watching showed us getting killed by Hester.

And the fake punt with the lead was asinine.

Sanchez didn't lose this game, his pass action was great.

No defense should give up 38 points on drives. We sucked today, 'nuff said.

NY-Knicks
12-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Jets make the Playoffs, I think they will meet the Colts. Giants lose 45-17 and unless they win next week in Washington and Green Bay loses against Chicago they won't even get in.

franchize
12-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Like I said before,I'm not a anchez fan but I dont agree that our offensive woes are his fault like ppl conveniently like attribute them to.Our biggest problem is our offensive coordinator.Brian Schottenheimer's game plans are horrendous.As for the defense,I have no problems with it.We had maybe two game where our D gave up a bunch of points.Other than that,we shut teams down.Two of the touchdowns yesterday came off of our own turnovers leading to great field position.The Bears are overrated but cmon,they are a playoff team in the NFL.You give them the ball on wrong side of the 50 and theyre gonna punch it in.Plus we're playing with Lowery @ safety and we havent had a DT for the 2nd year str8.I hope Kris Jenkins gets replaced cuz he's never healthy.We need a pash rusher.Can't blame Rex for injuries.Look @ our points allowed this year...n that's with an offense who routinely goes 3 and out and is terrible on 3rd down in the red zone.

As for the Bears game,the punter was told to punt away from Hester but the win was carrying the ball from out of bounds.Bottom line is,going forward,if we score we'll win most games.I trust our defense.The majority of the games we lost were because we couldnt get the ball in the endzone. Until yesterday,we were undefeated in game we scored more than 10 points.I dont get why management can't see that the playcalling on offense is a problem from that stat alone.You mean to tell me all I have to do is score 11 points for my offense and my defense will fo the rest? Cmon, any team in the NFL should be able to do that. Especially with the receivers and backs and O line we have.

franchize
12-27-2010, 10:00 PM
how about this weather?I was on my way home and it took me 3 hours to get from the Verrazano to the 8th exit on the Jersey turnpike yesterday.It was bananas.Cars were dropping like flies...getting stuck.I just turned around and headed back to my mom's crib.I was on my way back to Maryland but I had my fiance' and baby girl in the car so I was like F it...I'm not gonna risk it.If you guys don't have to,don't go out.It's not worth it.Be Safe!

NY-Knicks
12-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Like I said before,I'm not a anchez fan but I dont agree that our offensive woes are his fault like ppl conveniently like attribute them to.Our biggest problem is our offensive coordinator.Brian Schottenheimer's game plans are horrendous.As for the defense,I have no problems with it.We had maybe two game where our D gave up a bunch of points.Other than that,we shut teams down.Two of the touchdowns yesterday came off of our own turnovers leading to great field position.The Bears are overrated but cmon,they are a playoff team in the NFL.You give them the ball on wrong side of the 50 and theyre gonna punch it in.Plus we're playing with Lowery @ safety and we havent had a DT for the 2nd year str8.I hope Kris Jenkins gets replaced cuz he's never healthy.We need a pash rusher.Can't blame Rex for injuries.Look @ our points allowed this year...n that's with an offense who routinely goes 3 and out and is terrible on 3rd down in the red zone.

Sure we have a good defense but it has taken a step back lately and it sure isn't the best in the NFL.
And I know Schotty needs to be replaced, but Sanchez is way too turnover prone. This kid can't even hold on to the ball with two hands. That's fundamentals. Whenever he goes out of the pocket I'm just hoping he doesn't turn it over. This team has so much talent, but because of inconsistency they can't get over the hump and be a Super Bowl contender.
WR: Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery.
TE: Dustin Keller
RB: Shonn Greene, LT
And a very solid offensive line, yet they have played in games where they don't even score an offensive TD? It has been a good amount of games too. Both Schottenheimer and the inconsistent play of Sanchez should be blamed for the lack of offensive production. In the beginning of the year Sanchez was tearing it up and the team started off very well.

Let's take a look:
In weeks 1-5 Sanchez had 0 interceptions and fumbled it once (no lost fumbles). He had 8 TD's in that stretch.
From week 6 until now he has 13 picks and 8 fumbles (one lost). He has 9 passing TD's and 3 rushing TD's. That's a huge difference.

An interesting fact:
Sanchez was sacked 7 through week 5 and has been sacked 20 times in weeks 6-16.

franchize
12-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Even when Sanchez' play and confidence was at an all time high,we still had games like our season opener we're we didnt score a TD.Our gameplanning just wont allow it