PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Mayo, Rudy Gay, Snack Randolph and Iverson???

lilbeastnani
09-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Like, really?? There is only one ball to go around, and each of those guys MUST have the ball in their hands to be effective. None are good passers, so how exactly would Iverson HELP the team? This just goes to show you how much money and putting people in the seats is more important to most NBA GM's than putting together a winner.

http://blog.pennlive.com/lvsports/2007/08/iverson.jpg

noob cake
09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
5 balls, I doubt anyone can beat Memphis. GSW may have a chance.

Al Thornton
09-07-2009, 07:04 PM
I need that ****ing league pass this is gonna be hilarious to watch, plus Mike's gonna be there so I gotta watch him too.

BigTicket
09-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Well on the plus side their new center doesn't need the ball at all, nor can he do anything with it :oldlol:

TMAC-RAPTORS
09-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Don't forget they have these guys to develop :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/ryannguyen/conley.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/ryannguyen/hasheemthabeet.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/ryannguyen/Marc_Gasol.jpg

Memphis :hammerhead:

Knicks101
09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
It's going to be a catastrophe.

lilbeastnani
09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
^^^ LMAO, i'm sure Iverson's arrival will help Conley blossom!

2LeTTeRS
09-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Damn I can't wait to see this team play. I'm going to do everything in my power to watch all 82 of their games. If this signing is true they have catapulted the Bobcats (hometown team) and the Cavs as my favorite team.

lilbeastnani
09-07-2009, 07:23 PM
They might as well call this season for Memphis "YMCA VS." Cuz that's what'll it will be like. Once the basketball gets in any of these players hands, it's only gonna leave when a shot is put up... Either that or they'll try to go out of character and be unselfish, and become overly unselfish not knowing who should take the shot.

Zak
09-07-2009, 07:23 PM
This will be either be the 2nd coming of the knicks, or the rest of league is about to get dominated as the grizzlies win 75 games, and go 16-0 in the playoffs.

lilbeastnani
09-07-2009, 07:25 PM
^^ I'd put money on the former.

GiveItToBurrito
09-07-2009, 07:29 PM
This will be either be the 2nd coming of the knicks, or the rest of league is about to get dominated as the grizzlies win 75 games, and go 16-0 in the playoffs.

Hm, what would it take for the Grizzlies to take Curry off of New York's hands? Because it's starting to look like it could happen.

I can't believe their lineup could have just as easily been this:

Conley
Mayo
Gay
Jordan Hill
Gasol

with maybe someone like Ben Gordon or David Lee added through free agency.

Beebo
09-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Grizzlies will be a great video game team!! I can't wait to use them in NBA 2k10.

White Chocolate
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Watch this team average 120 PPG and give up even more. :oldlol:

IamSofaKing
09-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Can the same be said for the Raptors?

Most of the Grizzlies' starters can play better defense than the Raptors' starters... :mad:

And on the offense are pretty much the same

goldenryan
09-07-2009, 08:09 PM
adding just iverson might of worked but adding z-bo and ai i'm going to say it fails. still it will be an interesting trainwreck to watch:cheers:

MannyO
09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
disaster in the making.

Undisputed
09-07-2009, 10:50 PM
C'mon guys, this is actually a HHHUUUGGGEEE improvement for the Griz. They really can't get much worse than they've been in the past. At least getting Iverson gives them a chance to ignite their fanbase.

NuggetsFan
09-07-2009, 10:53 PM
It's going to fun to watch non the less. Memphis will probably become one those teams I try to watch as much of on LP.

On a side not who does everyone think is going to lead the team in scoring? Mayo\Iverson shall be my guesses.

lilgodfather1
09-07-2009, 11:00 PM
C'mon guys, this is actually a HHHUUUGGGEEE improvement for the Griz. They really can't get much worse than they've been in the past. At least getting Iverson gives them a chance to ignite their fanbase.
It will definately help thier finances imo. AI is still a gold mine at his age because he has many fans and Memphis will have an all star.

OneMoreSucka
09-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Did OP seriously say Iverson can't pass? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

gasolina
09-07-2009, 11:17 PM
This can't be good. I tried using them in 2k10 and it won't work. Whenever I had Iverson on the floor, I basically froze Rudy and OJ on the wings.

If it won't work in 2k then it'll take a miracle for it to work in real life.

kumquat
09-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Grizzlies will be a great video game team!! I can't wait to use them in NBA 2k10.

The pass button is actually disabled when you pick the grizzlies, it turns into a shoot button.

gasolina
09-07-2009, 11:27 PM

I agree. As bad as the fit is, Memphis was much more awful without Iverson. His sheer will to win alone can salvage a lot of the games the grizz lose in the 4th quarter.

ihatetimthomas
09-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Makes no sense to sign AI. They have other guys full of potential whose growth could be slowed with such a big player added. Conley, Gay, and Rose will all be affected by this, mostly Conley. And Conley was finally coming around at the end of the year last season. I mean aren't they on the youth movement? Making your team adjust to AI for a year and readjust without him the next year is going to hurt the growth of the team.

So all I can think is that they simply want to increase ticket sales. Which I can't blame in this economy. Fact remains, they likely are not getting one of the playoff spots. Who knows, maybe they will overachieve. But I doubt it works out on the court. But

batneg12
09-08-2009, 12:40 AM
The pass button is actually disabled when you pick the grizzlies, it turns into a shoot button.

:roll:

TryToBeUnbias
09-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Team Blackhole

Beebo
09-08-2009, 12:58 AM

haha good one. :cheers:

Batman
09-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Somewhere in the world lilojmayo is either jumping for joy or crying like a baby because of iverson you pick. To me they either going to be an absolute force in this league or a 10 win team.

White Chocolate
09-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Somewhere in the world lilojmayo is either jumping for joy or crying like a baby because of iverson you pick. To me they either going to be an absolute force in this league or a 10 win team.

The latter.

chitownsfinest
09-08-2009, 02:16 AM
If the AI and Rip experiment didn't work out how do they expect Mayo (who has a big ego) and AI to co-exist? I also wanted AI to get his career back on track and Charlotte which has the perfect team to surround AI would have been the best place for AI to be AI again while not hurting his team.

BallersTalk
09-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Makes no sense to sign AI. They have other guys full of potential whose growth could be slowed with such a big player added. Conley, Gay, and Rose will all be affected by this, mostly Conley. And Conley was finally coming around at the end of the year last season. I mean aren't they on the youth movement? Making your team adjust to AI for a year and readjust without him the next year is going to hurt the growth of the team.

So all I can think is that they simply want to increase ticket sales. Which I can't blame in this economy. Fact remains, they likely are not getting one of the playoff spots. Who knows, maybe they will overachieve. But I doubt it works out on the court. But
Rose?

lilbeastnani
09-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Did OP seriously say Iverson can't pass? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Iverson can't run a team where he's expected to be a pass first pg, just ask Denver.

kurple
09-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Iverson can't run a team where he's expected to be a pass first pg, just ask Denver.

you do know he's a denver fan?

kurple
09-08-2009, 10:12 AM
I think this might work, just avoid playing AI with z-bo and OJ much. thats not to hard for a good coach.

phoenix18
09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Just trade Randolph and play Thabeet.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-08-2009, 11:47 AM
this team will be a show very fun to watch even if they didn't have mayo.

francesco totti
09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I have high hopes. Next year Memphis will be one year older then last year. This is a plus for them, because most of their players are young and lack experience. Will see better OJ Mayo with more experience next year then last year.
Plus addition of three new players. Thabeet, randolph and AI. :cheers:

xOShakespearexO
09-08-2009, 02:45 PM
I have high hopes. Next year Memphis will be one year older then last year. This is a plus for them, because most of their players are young and lack experience. Will see better OJ Mayo with more experience next year then last year.
Plus addition of three new players. Thabeet, randolph and AI. :cheers:

I never thought i would see the days where fans were actually excited to watch memphis play

lilbeastnani
09-08-2009, 02:58 PM
you do know he's a denver fan?
Then i'm sure he knows exactly what i'm talking about.

markymark
09-08-2009, 04:12 PM
bring on detroit. the answer's dropping 50 on stuckey, book it.

hawkfan
09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Add Stephen Jackson or Corey Maggette to the mix and this team will be a much-watch team for almost every NBA fan.

sergiorodriguez
09-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Can the same be said for the Raptors?

Most of the Grizzlies' starters can play better defense than the Raptors' starters... :mad:

And on the offense are pretty much the same
better defense than raptors and offense pretty much the same ARE YOU KIDDING? GTFO

beasted86
09-08-2009, 04:20 PM
:oldlol: So true.

I think they will be the first team I start franchise mode with aside from the Heat.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-19-2009, 09:34 AM
cant wait until allen iverson shows oj mayo his wisdom at practice.

Toizumi
09-19-2009, 09:42 AM
cant wait until allen iverson shows oj mayo his wisdom at practice.

http://img.youtube.com/vi/eGDBR2L5kzI/0.jpg

"PRACTICE?"

jk. You're right, Mayo should keep his eyes and ears open and learn from one of the best perimeter scorers ever :applause:

turkishinvasion
09-19-2009, 10:08 AM
bring on detroit. the answer's dropping 50 on stuckey, book it.

Allen Iverson has destroyed many players in his life, and stuckey was one of them. AI never passed him the ball, played selfish and thought himself his better then stuckey.

Dont worry, we pistons fans are waiting for this game more then you AI fans.
AI destroyed our team for the next 4 - 5 years. We will never forget him.
Memphis will lose by 20.Because AI is the most arrogant selfish cancerous player

bagelred
09-19-2009, 10:55 AM
That's so O.J.

markymark
09-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Allen Iverson has destroyed many players in his life, and stuckey was one of them. AI never passed him the ball, played selfish and thought himself his better then stuckey.

Dont worry, we pistons fans are waiting for this game more then you AI fans.
AI destroyed our team for the next 4 - 5 years. We will never forget him.
Memphis will lose by 20.Because AI is the most arrogant selfish cancerous player

One, you're saying Stuckey's better than AI. Won't even bother arguing with you on that.

Two, you claim he was "destroyed" by AI. From what I saw last season, AI deferred to him more times than he should have. Besides, your boy was trying to be D-Wade, when everyone knows his ceiling is a poor man's Ben Gordon.

Sorry, but you're out of touch with reality.

jailer
09-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Haha wow look at all the hate for the grizzlies. It looks to me like a bunch of jealousy. People are pissed that the the griz are gonna be starting four all star caliber player. Two vetrans that are looking for a second chance and whom I really believe are gonna turn over a new leaf in order change their stripes.

I want all you haters to post here again when the griz are in the playoffs.

BigSims2108
09-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Haha wow look at all the hate for the grizzlies. It looks to me like a bunch of jealousy. People are pissed that the the griz are gonna be starting four all star caliber player. Two vetrans that are looking for a second chance and whom I really believe are gonna turn over a new leaf in order change their stripes.

I want all you haters to post here again when the griz are in the playoffs.

Well Jailer, I'm with you. It seems obvious to me that all these other people who all of the sudden came to this forum are 100% A.I. fans. Wherever A.I. goes, they go. Hopefully this forum doesn't become like the forum on the Grizzlies website. Someone make a whole new thread every freakin' time they have a thought. :ohwell:

jailer
09-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I just hate the fact that everytime the grizzlies management make a move that seems questionable. Every fan and their grandma have to come to our forum page and talk trash about the grizzlies. It gets old real quick.