PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping on the Spurs.............Again

phoenix18
09-22-2009, 02:50 AM
While everyone is slurping the Lakers and discussing Artest's arrival, I see the return of a dominating and dark foe. Yes, the spurs are back. This team is deep. Look at their roster.

DeJuan Blair
Matt Bonner
Tim Duncan
Michael Finley
Manu Ginobili
Malik Hairston
Marcus Haislip
George Hill
Richard Jefferson
Ian Mahinmi
Roger Mason
Antonio McDyess
Tony Parker
Theo Ratliff
Marcus Williams

That is a deep team right there. And they have some rookies that should make an impact immediately.What do you guys think?

BankShot
09-22-2009, 02:52 AM
As a fellow Oregon alum, I'd love to see Hairston fill in for what the aging Finley used to do.

Darkthug
09-22-2009, 02:55 AM
2nd round at best.

phoenix18
09-22-2009, 02:55 AM
As a fellow Oregon alum, I'd love to see Hairston fill in for what the aging Finley used to do.
The thing is, they are just so deep that they can give their bread and butter some more breathers. Which for SA means not playing a game. Hairston will be interesting as well as Mcclinton(if they sign him).

YAWN
09-22-2009, 02:57 AM
everyone is saying they're the 2nd best team in the west...how is that sleeping on them? :confusedshrug:

Big#50
09-22-2009, 03:03 AM
everyone is saying they're the 2nd best team in the west...how is that sleeping on them? :confusedshrug:
If they don't win it this season they never will.

Tha Catalyst
09-22-2009, 03:33 AM
I feel its quite the opposite. Until the current spurs prove they are a better team than the lakers, nuggets, magic, celtics and maybe even cavs, then people should continue to sleep on them for a good reason. Not saying they are not capable of doing big things though.

hawkfan
09-22-2009, 03:51 AM
While everyone is slurping the Lakers and discussing Artest's arrival, I see the return of a dominating and dark foe. Yes, the spurs are back. This team is deep. Look at their roster.

DeJuan Blair
Matt Bonner
Tim Duncan
Michael Finley
Manu Ginobili
Malik Hairston
Marcus Haislip
George Hill
Richard Jefferson
Ian Mahinmi
Roger Mason
Antonio McDyess
Tony Parker
Theo Ratliff
Marcus Williams

That is a deep team right there. And they have some rookies that should make an impact immediately.What do you guys think?

I'm not.

I pick the Spurs over the Hawks in the Finals (we need another big).

I forgot about Ratliff. He'll be useful in the playoffs.

Rigodal
09-22-2009, 10:10 AM
And they add Keith Bogans

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nba

AJ2k8
09-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Well, last year everyone said Boston were the team to beat because they were reigning champs, same goes this year Lakers are the team to beat and as far as the western conference goes I'm pretty sure most agree Spurs are the best chance of beating them.:cheers:

dr8ked
09-22-2009, 10:23 AM
if manu comes back healthy it will be a very interesting season.

niko
09-22-2009, 10:34 AM

DeJuan Blair
Matt Bonner
Tim Duncan
Michael Finley
Manu Ginobili
Malik Hairston
Marcus Haislip
George Hill
Richard Jefferson
Ian Mahinmi
Roger Mason
Antonio McDyess
Tony Parker
Theo Ratliff
Marcus Williams

I think it's a team that if everyone is healthy, is still a level below the Lakers because their bigs are either Duncan (fantastic), young and unproven, or 100 years old. and that IF everyone is healthy is such a big IF none of us want to get happy about the lakers losing because its all going to go up in a puff of smoke the first time manu or tim twists their ankle.

so if the playoffs start and they are healthy, sign me up for the non-doubters list. as of now, i think its sketchy.

All Net
09-22-2009, 10:38 AM

This

Se
09-22-2009, 10:43 AM
This

Not you, too.

Kebab Stall
09-22-2009, 11:07 AM
I'll probably end up watching more Spurs games this year than Memphis games. SA have got a bunch of awesome players and 2 of my absolute favourite players to watch in Tim Duncan and Dejuan Blair. IF they everyone can stay healthy (that's a pretty big IF) then they are the 2nd best in the West and the only team with a reasonable shot at beating the Lakers.

DuMa
09-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Half of those players are unproven and only 1-2 players will step up, be a part of pop's tight rotation and become a stud for the Spurs this year. they will need their unproven bigs to step up. Blair, Mahimi will need to be a key factor to help the aging bigs in Duncan, Dice and Ratliff

a lot of IFs for the spurs. But they can probably do it. the year they get slept on is the year they usually surprise everyone.

Hawker
09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
An exact thread was made yesterday...nobody's sleeping on them.

Knoe Itawl
09-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Spurs have the tools to get it done and a history of excellence over the past decade. In my opinion, health is the only thing that stands in their way. As far as bigs are concerned, Pau is great and Bynum has shown flashes but it's not like LA has prime Shaq and Hakeem in their lineup or something. Spurs can counter them with effective defensive strategies.

A healthy Spurs team is right up there with LA.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
09-22-2009, 11:53 AM
How is it sleeping when people are predicting them to play the Lakers in the WCF? I honestly don't think they'll make it to the WCF. I would prefer Nuggets or maybe even the Hornets but everyone knows they are going to be legit.

DKLaker
09-22-2009, 12:03 PM
As I said before last season.....that championship boat has sailed away, never to return..Spurs are good.....Lakers are GREAT!!!

I can easily see Denver, Portland, Dallas knocking off the Spurs too.

praneel
09-22-2009, 12:36 PM
I dont think anyone is sleeping on SA, but they themselves admit they are not a "sexy" team. No one wants to talk about them, not because they are not contenders, but because they are boring, no offense.

I think the best pickup of the entire off season was McDyess, dude average a sliver under 10 and 10 last year, and he always is in great shape come January. He gives them what they have been lacking since D. Rob, a big who can play next to Duncan, he is tough, can post up and has a deadly 15-18 foot jumper. RJ gives them an athletic wing, and they never had that before, and should get them some easy buckets on the break. I still think they should have kept either Bowen or Udoka, but the FO had proved they know what they are doing.

Blair was the steal of the draft, I like G. Hill, although the spurs are kinda bashing him because he hasnt been able to run the team like they would like him to.

They have a great mix of young talent and grizzled vets, which they never really had since duncan was a pup.

THis is the first time they have been in the luxury tax, so they are anteing up my friend, i believe they will battle for best record in the league this year, and I am a Lakers fan, so it hurts to say that.

niko
04-03-2012, 10:45 AM
:sleeping me sleeping on spurs...

RaininTwos
04-03-2012, 10:56 AM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/aznpaolo234/opmisc.gif

Bigsmoke
04-03-2012, 11:01 AM
of course.

I always fall asleep watching them play.

vegasbigshots
04-03-2012, 11:04 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LA_Showtime
04-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Last year I called them pretenders and what do you know, they got beat by Memphis. They have an outside shot at getting to the Finals this year, but that would only happen if LA implodes and OKC's inexperience works against them. Otherwise expect a first or second round exit.

TMT
04-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Why you bumping threads from '09? :confusedshrug:

Flagrant 2
04-03-2012, 12:52 PM
of course.

I always fall asleep watching them play.
:applause: Well played.

Alamo
04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
The Spurs are always slept on.

Why do you keep bumping old threads about the Spurs?

Go Getter
04-03-2012, 01:08 PM
People need to stop saying this tired stuff about the Spurs man this isn't 2000 we all know how formidable Pop, Duncan, Parker, and Manu are.

DKLaker
04-03-2012, 01:25 PM
This is your brain :banana:

This is your brain on Spurs :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

Don't do Spurs :oldlol:

SCdac
04-03-2012, 01:33 PM
OMGGG somebody made a thread supporting the Spurs. that's basically sacrilegious on ISH :rolleyes: ... why are the Spurs even in the league anymore?

Alamo
04-03-2012, 01:35 PM
This thread is from 2009.

pegasus
04-03-2012, 01:35 PM

Aren't you the OP? Is this your coming out party?:roll:

Whoah10115
04-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Why you bumping threads from '09? :confusedshrug:

I thought this was a new thread and was wondering how there could be so many of these everyday...but, in fairness to Spurs Nation, that's obviously not what it was.

GINOBILIIIIIIII

Tlova
04-03-2012, 01:37 PM

DeJuan Blair
Matt Bonner
Tim Duncan
Michael Finley
Manu Ginobili
Malik Hairston
Marcus Haislip
George Hill
Richard Jefferson
Ian Mahinmi
Roger Mason
Antonio McDyess
Tony Parker
Theo Ratliff
Marcus Williams

Hasn't been to the finals in 5 years or the WCF in 4 years:confusedshrug:

winwin
04-03-2012, 02:38 PM
OP aka powerglove aka RaininTwos is a Heat fan now :oldlol:

what a tool

RaininTwos
04-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Aren't you the OP? Is this your coming out party?:roll:
I like to poke fun for lols.

OP aka powerglove aka RaininTwos is a Heat fan now :oldlol:

what a tool
At least I am useful.

Don't know how im a heat fan tho.

linZoMourning
04-03-2012, 03:23 PM
This thread is from 2009.

you know the spurs are doin somethin right when a bunch of kids are bumpin old threads :roll: :roll: :roll:

Demitri98
04-17-2014, 03:44 PM
If they don't win it this season they never will.
:lol :lol :lol

RagaZ
05-23-2014, 03:05 PM
:lol :lol :lol
That's why it's amazing that they keep coming back and are contending year after year.

Incredible achievement.

Just2McFly
06-16-2014, 04:17 PM
n*ggas need to stop bumping my threads

robert_shaww
06-16-2014, 06:36 PM
:bowdown: