PDA

View Full Version : Michael Beasley's ceiling: Carmelo Anthony? (Or even slightly better)?

jrong
09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
I was thinking about it today for some reason, and it occured to me that Beasley has a lot of Melo-like qualities. Both of them have exceptional pure scoring abilities, are good rebounders,... and really don't do much else. I'd actually argue that Beasley as a rookie was a little bit ahead of where Melo was in terms of being able to put the ball in the basket (keep in mind, he only averaged 25 mins. per game last year). And he's probably a better rebounder than Melo too.

Now, Anthony at this point is better in the post and he may be a little bit superior of a long-range shooter. But, really the only main thing Carmelo has on Michael even now is polish and experience. Beasley is still extremely raw. Beasley is obviously not a good defender or passer. But, then again, neither is Melo.

Now what does all this mean to the Heat? In '08 when there was so much hype about the first two picks, I advocated that Miami try to trade their pick for Melo or Dirk (in a package if necessary). Imagining one of those two running alongside a do-everything-player like Wade was an awesome thought.

But, what if by 2010, Beasley is well on his way to Melo-territory AND the Heat can sign Chris Bosh? Any GM in the league would cream themselves to be able have Wade/ Melo/ Bosh as three of their five starters, but what if Miami already has a Melo, only one who is five years younger?

If Super Mario can develop into a Derek Fisher-type, which is what many project him to be, and the Heat can find a defensive-minded center who can score from within five feet when Wade or Chalmers dish them the ball inside, Miami could have a lineup that could stand in with anyone in the league. Add some more quality bench guys, and Kobe and LeBron may not be hogging all the titles between themselves between 2010-2015....

RedZiggyZag
09-22-2009, 07:56 PM
He'll never be Carmelo Anthony or close to Carmelo Anthony, when both career's are done with. Honestly, tell me what Beasley is useful for outside of scoring? Because I can't think of anything. This guy is a nutcase, as you constantly hear him going into rehab. You can give me all the stats, Per game, Per 48 minute, crap you want but there is nothing you can do to convince me that Beasley will ever be the player Carmelo Anthony was today. Sure he could be as good as Rookie Carmelo Anthony, he'll never be in the level Anthony currently is in.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of Beasley, but until Beasley can prove to me what he can do out there and help Dwyane Wade and the Heat win games especially the playoffs, instead of looking at his extended stats, then I don't think he'll ever be to the caliber Carmelo Anthony is today.

HiphopRelated
09-22-2009, 08:05 PM
lol @ nutcase

because the league sent him to rehab for weed?

And what exactly is Melo known for beyond scoring?

Bigsmoke
09-22-2009, 08:05 PM
zach randolph at best

Al Thornton
09-22-2009, 08:06 PM
zach randolph at best

:lol what i was about to say, this is definitely not bad though

plowking
09-22-2009, 08:06 PM
He'll never be Carmelo Anthony or close to Carmelo Anthony, when both career's are done with. Honestly, tell me what Beasley is useful for outside of scoring? Because I can't think of anything. This guy is a nutcase, as you constantly hear him going into rehab. You can give me all the stats, Per game, Per 48 minute, crap you want but there is nothing you can do to convince me that Beasley will ever be the player Carmelo Anthony was today. Sure he could be as good as Rookie Carmelo Anthony, he'll never be in the level Anthony currently is in.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of Beasley, but until Beasley can prove to me what he can do out there and help Dwyane Wade and the Heat win games especially the playoffs, instead of looking at his extended stats, then I don't think he'll ever be to the caliber Carmelo Anthony is today.

He's a nutcase, mad I tell ya!

He smoked a bit of weed and went to rehab due to the NBA making him from last season. At least he stuck to it.

He can score and rebound. His outside game is one of the most polished we've seen from a rookie in a long time. What more do you want? Find me another rookie that scored as quickly and efficiently as Beasley did in his rookie season.

plowking
09-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Melo is a nutcase. DUI and fighting. Terrible, just terrible...

Furthermore, outside of this season, what was Melo known for beside his scoring?

HiphopRelated
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
lol @ Zach Randolph

wake me up when Beasley has any problems with the law.

Boozer/Jamison hybrid is his prime imo

~24/10 with average-solid d(showed very good improvement from start to end of season)

jrong
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM

But, what is Melo? Tell me I'm wrong in my assessment of Melo's game: Outstanding scorer, good rebounder, and...?

And now Beasley: very good scorer, with the potential to be incredible and already a better rebounder than Melo. Now of course, this comparison hinges on whether MB can make the transition to being SF. But, even from the PF spot, he can still many of the same things a wing can offensively.

As far as the intangibles, Beasley is a knucklehead with off-court issues. Sound familiar?

Melo is probably a top fifteen player. I don't see any reason Beasley can't be eventually.

RedZiggyZag
09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
lol @ nutcase

because the league sent him to rehab for weed?

And what exactly is Melo known for beyond scoring?
You must have completely missed last season of the NBA. Because Melo has improved vastly as a defender. See the 2009 NBA Playoffs for more example. He wanted the assignment to guard Kobe and for the most part, he did a hell of a job. He's not going to stop him, but he did a hell of a job pressuring him and forcing him into tough shots. Melo has always been a good rebounder too, had 7.4 RPG in 08. He's also a pretty decent passer, not to the level guys like Wade, Kobe or LeBron are in, but he's pretty good at passing out of the double team, not a bad playmaker either.

Plus, Beasley played off the bench for the most part last season, so those stats can be incredibly misleading, let's see how the dude plays against the Real men of the NBA instead of the backups.

beasted86
09-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Different playing styles. Carmelo is a wing slasher, Beasley is a combo forward who can shoot from the perimeter. He's not as athletic but can shoot better.

I see more Antwan Jamison in Beasley than any other player. People think that's a downgrade because Jamison never led a team anywhere as the #1 option, but we don't need him to. We have Wade to do that, plus hopefully another max free agent in 2010.

If Beasley is giving us a consistant 18 PPG - 22 PPG, and a solid 8 REB - 10 REB, on good percentages... and most importantly can be consistant and reliable in the clutch and in the playoffs while giving solid effort defensively, I'm okay with that.

If he becomes a go to scorer the caliber of Anthony, I'm obviously okay with that also. :lol

HiphopRelated
09-22-2009, 08:14 PM
You must have completely missed last season of the NBA. Because Melo has improved vastly as a defender.

so after 6 years in Melo finally made a jump as a defender, but after his rookie season Beasley is written off...gotcha

beasted86
09-22-2009, 08:16 PM
so after 6 years in Melo finally made a jump as a defender, but after his rookie season Beasley is written off...gotcha
:hammerhead:

plowking
09-22-2009, 08:18 PM
You must have completely missed last season of the NBA. Because Melo has improved vastly as a defender. See the 2009 NBA Playoffs for more example. He wanted the assignment to guard Kobe and for the most part, he did a hell of a job. He's not going to stop him, but he did a hell of a job pressuring him and forcing him into tough shots. Melo has always been a good rebounder too, had 7.4 RPG in 08. He's also a pretty decent passer, not to the level guys like Wade, Kobe or LeBron are in, but he's pretty good at passing out of the double team, not a bad playmaker either.

Plus, Beasley played off the bench for the most part last season, so those stats can be incredibly misleading, let's see how the dude plays against the Real men of the NBA instead of the backups.

LOL that line is soo played out. Same thing was said about Ginobli, then Parker went down at one point, and the guy played even better as the guard in the starting line up.

RedZiggyZag
09-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Nice job reading the rest of the post. :rolleyes: But just to add more of my point, Melo was already a pretty good rebounder when he 1st came into the league. 6 RPG as a Rookie, pretty impressive for a Rookie Forward. Always averaged around 3 assists per game since being in the NBA. Most importantly, Melo has always started into this league and has always led his team to the playoffs and win ball games. I don't see Beasley doing that, as a matter of fact right now I don't even see Beasley starting for the Heat. So right now, he's just playing with a bunch of backups in the NBA. Which reminds me of Jose Calderon a couple of years ago when he was the backup of TJ Ford and they all thought he was better than Ford.

plowking
09-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Different playing styles. Carmelo is a wing slasher, Beasley is a combo forward who can shoot from the perimeter. He's not as athletic but can shoot better.

I see more Antwan Jamison in Beasley than any other player. People think that's a downgrade because Jamison never led a team anywhere as the #1 option, but we don't need him to. We have Wade to do that, plus hopefully another max free agent in 2010.

If Beasley is giving us a consistant 18 PPG - 22 PPG, and a solid 8 REB - 10 REB, on good percentages... and most importantly can be consistant and reliable in the clutch and in the playoffs while giving solid effort defensively, I'm okay with that.

If he becomes a go to scorer the caliber of Anthony, I'm obviously okay with that also. :lol

Beasley's not as athletic as Carmelo? He had better agility test times than Rose and was pulling out between the legs dunks at training sessions for those who said he wasn't athletic.

jrong
09-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Nice job reading the rest of the post. :rolleyes: But just to add more of my point, Melo was already a pretty good rebounder when he 1st came into the league. 6 RPG as a Rookie, pretty impressive for a Rookie Forward. Always averaged around 3 assists per game since being in the NBA. Most importantly, Melo has always started into this league and has always led his team to the playoffs and win ball games. I don't see Beasley doing that, as a matter of fact right now I don't even see Beasley starting for the Heat. So right now, he's just playing with a bunch of backups in the NBA. Which reminds me of Jose Calderon a couple of years ago when he was the backup of TJ Ford and they all thought he was better than Ford.

The lesson here is that you overrate Carmelo. Melo's rep still lives off of his hyped-up rookie year rivalry with LeBron, but the reality is that he's at best the DISTANT third-best player in his draft class, and he may even be fourth best.

Melo can fairly be called a top 10 - 20 player in the NBA. That doesn't seem unattainable for a 20 year old with the prodigious talents of Beasley.

HiphopRelated
09-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I read it, it just really wasn't relevant pass that statement

1. Beasley is a solid rebounder and his play in general got a boost post asb

15/6 in 30 games 25 mpg

Miami's rotation was anything but set, so saying he played against backups isn't correct even if he started a game on the bench.

2. Melo's playmaking has never been a strength because he turns it over just as much as he gets an assist. Denver isn't relying on Melo to make plays. He's mainly just a scorer..now with some improved d that we have to see if it will carry on to this season

HiphopRelated
09-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Beasley's not as athletic as Carmelo? He had better agility test times than Rose and was pulling out between the legs dunks at training sessions for those who said he wasn't athletic.
Melo is better and faster with the ball in his hands than Beasley. I did like what I saw on Heat.com earlier this Summer with Beasley in practice. We'll see this year

MeLO MvP 15
09-22-2009, 08:46 PM
No beasley is gna be a better version of antwan jamison..... but no where near as good as melo ..... melo is a top 5 player beasly will prob make some all star teams and mayb one or two all nba 3rd team but that about it which is still a good overall career

and btw i know i am huge melo fan but i also rly like beasley its just i dnt c much for him

MeLO MvP 15
09-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Also Melo is a much much much better leader than Beasly im not just talking bout this year but his entire career from syracuse to nba to olympics

he always led his team to the playoffs
Won the national champ in syracuse
and was a captain on the USA redeem team

plowking
09-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Since when is Melo a top 5 player?

He ain't better than Dirk, Wade, Howard, Lebron or Kobe.

OneMoreSucka
09-22-2009, 08:51 PM
We have yet to even see Melo's ceiling so I don't know how this thread was thought of in the first place.

jrong
09-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Since when is Melo a top 5 player?

He ain't better than Dirk, Wade, Howard, Lebron or Kobe.

Or Paul. Or Duncan. Or Roy. Or Garnett.

Bryant
James
Wade
Paul
Howard
Duncan
Roy
Nowitzki
Garnett

That's nine. MAYBE (a VERY BIG maybe) Melo gets the nod at the ten spot, but he's still got to contend with the likes of Paul Pierce, Deron Williams, and a few others for that slot.

G-train
09-22-2009, 09:17 PM
There were a few games last season where Beasley looked completely unguardable, in a Bernard King kind of way.
So his ceiling is very high, it will depend on his work ethic and mental focus.

Jasper
09-22-2009, 09:19 PM
hate to use the word ' up side' , but the fact is Beasley has a very good athletic build that will suit him well in the NBA.
He is green as grass and only a young guy at what 20 :confusedshrug:

Give him a couple years.

As I said when he was drafted , he will have a long career and probably be a 20/10 guy.
Next couple years will be key to his development as well as off the court maturity.

Jasper
09-22-2009, 09:23 PM
There were a few games last season where Beasley looked completely unguardable, in a Bernard King kind of way.
I see we were typing the same time - same thoughts (ditto)

Bigsmoke
09-22-2009, 09:26 PM
i'm just gonna wait to see how good Beasley will be. just by his defense makes me not want to think the he's gonna have any legendary battles against Blake Griffin in the future.

jrong
09-22-2009, 09:26 PM

Remember Adrian Dantley?

HiphopRelated
09-22-2009, 09:52 PM
i'm just gonna wait to see how good Beasley will be. just by his defense makes me not want to think the he's gonna have any legendary battles against Blake Griffin in the future.
Let Griffin play a game 1st

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-22-2009, 10:01 PM
We have yet to even see Melo's ceiling so I don't know how this thread was thought of in the first place.

this. Beasley could be good but he will never be OJ Mayo.

Lebron23
09-22-2009, 10:05 PM
He's going to have better numbers than OJ Mayo next season because OJ is now playing on a stacked team.

I can see him average 24 ppg, and 10 rpg in his best statistical season.

Beasley is only turning 21 yrs.old in January, there's plenty of room for improvement.

beasted86
09-22-2009, 10:05 PM
this. Beasley could be good but he will never be OJ Mayo.
who is OJ Mayo? his name is OJ Mamba :bowdown:

DKLaker
09-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Beasley will = BUST........I said that even before he was drafted and i'm sticking to it!!!!!!

Melo has seriously elevated his game to top 10 (or better) status.

O.J Mayo is Mamba II

Lebron23
09-22-2009, 10:36 PM
I F*cking hate the Miami Heat fanboys, but I think Beasley would be a future NBA All Star in the Eastern Conference.

Coach Erik Spoelstra said that he's going to give more playing time to Michael Beasley in his sophomore season.

I expect him to average 19 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.2 bpg in 34 mpg.

Locked_Up_Tonight
09-22-2009, 10:40 PM
I didn't necessarily see a lot fro Beasley last year. But then again going by Dirk's rookie year, I didn't think he'd be a HOF and one of the best players in the league.

Too early to tell what Beasley will be in the long run, but I envision a Derrick Coleman type player.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-22-2009, 10:58 PM
People forget that Carmelo Anthony when it is all said and done may go down as 3rd Best SF to ever play in the NBA behind LeBron and Larry Bird. Carmelo is on pace to average #2 most points ever in the NBA behind LeBron James. He is so disrespected. He is the hardest person to guard when motivated besides LeBron James, that was evident in last years playoffs

Locked_Up_Tonight
09-22-2009, 11:04 PM
People forget that Carmelo Anthony when it is all said and done may go down as 3rd Best SF to ever play in the NBA behind LeBron and Larry Bird. Carmelo is on pace to average #2 most points ever in the NBA behind LeBron James. He is so disrespected. He is the hardest person to guard when motivated besides LeBron James, that was evident in last years playoffs.

Not exactly. Carmelo has averaged 1800 points a season so far in his career. At his age, he would have to play 16 more seasons to reach Kareem's point total. That would put him 41-42 years old. I seriously doubt that will happen.

And Carmelo will not be ahead of guys like Rick Barry, Pippen, etc... unless Carmelo starts getting named to first team all-nba......

beasted86
09-23-2009, 12:58 AM
People forget that Carmelo Anthony when it is all said and done may go down as 3rd Best SF to ever play in the NBA behind LeBron and Larry Bird. Carmelo is on pace to average #2 most points ever in the NBA behind LeBron James. He is so disrespected. He is the hardest person to guard when motivated besides LeBron James, that was evident in last years playoffs
At first I thought this was just a gimmick account, but now I'm starting to think you ACTUALLY BELIEVE the garbage you post.

3rd best SF? Do you really believe that?

Forget about overall player quality (which all the guys I'm about to mention are better players anyway), but just on scoring alone he's not even on pace.

Rick Barry, Elgin Baylor, George Gervin, Adrian Dantley, Dominique, there are tons of SFs who are better scorers & players than Carmelo over the course of their career. Do some research. Being born in the mid to late 90s is no longer an excuse when you start throwing around phrases like "all time" or "ever play".

kurple
09-23-2009, 01:54 AM
Melo >> B-Easy when both are done playing ball.

RaininTwos
09-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Man, Melo is under f*cking rated on ISH when you have him being compared to a second year player who just got out of rehab. This is just absurd. Melo is an elite player and one the best scorers in the league who can compete with ANYONE.

Lebron23
09-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Melo >> B-Easy when both are done playing ball.

He's one of the most underrated players on ISH. I love to see the Nuggets advance in the NBA Finals next year.

Cavaliers vs. Nuggets = Continuation of the LeBron and Melo Rivalry.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-23-2009, 03:22 AM
Not exactly. Carmelo has averaged 1800 points a season so far in his career. At his age, he would have to play 16 more seasons to reach Kareem's point total. That would put him 41-42 years old. I seriously doubt that will happen.

And Carmelo will not be ahead of guys like Rick Barry, Pippen, etc... unless Carmelo starts getting named to first team all-nba......

Yeah but Melo has only played 76 games or more twice in his career. He has had 2 seasons where he has played 65 and 66 games one where he was suspended for 15 games because of the sucker punch.

Melo will probably start average 75 games again thoroughout his career. Keep in mine he is only 8 months older than LeBron James. Melo when motivated like Wade was last year could average 27 ppg or more.

LeBron James currently has 12,993 points Carmelo has 10,768 points I am not a gambler, but If I did gamble my money would be them going #1 and #2 on the all time points list.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-23-2009, 03:23 AM
He's one of the most underrated players on ISH. I love to see the Nuggets advance in the NBA Finals next year.

Cavaliers vs. Nuggets = Continuation of the LeBron and Melo Rivalry.

This. If Grizzlies don't make it to the finals this is the matchup i would want to see even more than LA vs Cavs

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-23-2009, 03:25 AM
At first I thought this was just a gimmick account, but now I'm starting to think you ACTUALLY BELIEVE the garbage you post.

3rd best SF? Do you really believe that?

Forget about overall player quality (which all the guys I'm about to mention are better players anyway), but just on scoring alone he's not even on pace.

Rick Barry, Elgin Baylor, George Gervin, Adrian Dantley, Dominique, there are tons of SFs who are better scorers & players than Carmelo over the course of their career. Do some research. Being born in the mid to late 90s is no longer an excuse when you start throwing around phrases like "all time" or "ever play".

http://www.everyjoe.com/nbaobsessed/carmelo-anthony-33-points-in-one-quarter/

How many of them have scored 33 points in a quarter. When Melo wins his ring then you guys will still hate on him.

plowking
09-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Or Paul. Or Duncan. Or Roy. Or Garnett.

Bryant
James
Wade
Paul
Howard
Duncan
Roy
Nowitzki
Garnett

That's nine. MAYBE (a VERY BIG maybe) Melo gets the nod at the ten spot, but he's still got to contend with the likes of Paul Pierce, Deron Williams, and a few others for that slot.

He's better than the last three. I'm sick of Garnett and Duncan being rated so highly due to rep. Duncan isn't anywhere near as good as defensively as he used to be. People just mention his names in the elite defenders list due to rep. He's an average defender at his position now. Furthermore, Roy is not the player Melo is.

plowking
09-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Beasley will = BUST........I said that even before he was drafted and i'm sticking to it!!!!!!

Melo has seriously elevated his game to top 10 (or better) status.

O.J Mayo is Mamba II

14 and 5 in 25 mins is a bust?

Find me another rookie that scored as much as he did and did it as efficiently? List me all the names, and you'll see what type of company he's in.

plowking
09-23-2009, 03:32 AM
I F*cking hate the Miami Heat fanboys, but I think Beasley would be a future NBA All Star in the Eastern Conference.

Coach Erik Spoelstra said that he's going to give more playing time to Michael Beasley in his sophomore season.

At least we support a team...

beasted86
09-23-2009, 08:34 AM
http://www.everyjoe.com/nbaobsessed/carmelo-anthony-33-points-in-one-quarter/

How many of them have scored 33 points in a quarter. When Melo wins his ring then you guys will still hate on him.
Gervin did.

Oh, wow... because Carmelo was able to tie (not even beat) that 1 individual record... he is now the third best SF to ever play :bowdown: /sarcasm

kurple
09-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Gervin did.

Oh, wow... because Carmelo was able to tie (not even beat) that 1 individual record... he is now the third best SF to ever play :bowdown: /sarcasm

His not the third best SF ever, but don't try to say thats not impressive! It's a sign of him being one of the best natural scorers to play the game.

beasted86
09-23-2009, 10:29 AM
His not the third best SF ever, but don't try to say thats not impressive! It's a sign of him being one of the best natural scorers to play the game.
Sorry, I just found that as one of the dumbest rebutals ever, but yes it's impressive. But I wouldn't even consider him a top 10 natural scorer of just the SF position all time (yet).

pmj
09-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I didn't read the whole thread but... I'm a heat fan, and Beasley imo is nothing like Melo. Beasley can nail open jumpers all day long, but he has basically zero ability to take people off the dribble and shoot jumpers. How many times last year did you see him do a fadeaway? Or even a crossover stop and pop jumper? Remember when he tried to do a fadeaway in the playoffs and airballed? His ball handling is atrocious compared to Melo, could u see him running the open floor like Melo does?

That's not his game. His game is nailing open jumpers, which he won't be able to do if they move him to a 3, and driving to the lane and scoring with either hand, which he won't be able to do as well against 3s instead of 4s. Honestly the Heat coaches or Beasley or whoever, needs to stop thinking he's Melo and get his ass in the weightroom and teach him some post moves, with him being ambidextrous and having a nice touch around the basket, he could have a sick post game even though he's a little small.

NugzFan
09-23-2009, 12:12 PM
ugh...no offense but beasley hasnt earned being in the same sentence as melo. what a horrible comparison.

oh the horror
09-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Why is every OTHER rookie these days already considered a bust?

Beasly did fairly okay for his rookie season, yet once again, people are already dropping the bust verdict?

It seems like EVERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY player that doesnt come out averaging insane numbers, is immediately labeled a bust, and frankly, the lack of vision, and overall stupidity of the average basketball fan these days, is annoying.

Vancouver-Grizz
09-23-2009, 03:37 PM
he reminds me of a solid Rodney Rodger

CanYouDigIt
08-06-2013, 03:08 PM

:lol :lol :lol :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause: :applause:

KyrieTheFuture
08-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Lebron23 getting exposed for the 19th time

imdaman99
08-06-2013, 03:21 PM
:lol plowking defending Beasley in here. But to be fair he was a heat fan pre-decision :cheers: I have been defending melo often since he got to NY and even bargnani even though I know he's sucked :oldlol:

Shade8780
08-06-2013, 03:27 PM
The funny thing is even when Beasley was coming into the league Melo was a bad comparison.

plowking
08-06-2013, 09:01 PM
:lol plowking defending Beasley in here. But to be fair he was a heat fan pre-decision :cheers: I have been defending melo often since he got to NY and even bargnani even though I know he's sucked :oldlol:

I laughed at a lot of shit I said in here, and then I saw Lebron23's post. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

NewYorkNoPicks
08-06-2013, 09:28 PM
I was thinking about it today for some reason, and it occured to me that Beasley has a lot of Melo-like qualities. Both of them have exceptional pure scoring abilities, are good rebounders,... and really don't do much else. I'd actually argue that Beasley as a rookie was a little bit ahead of where Melo was in terms of being able to put the ball in the basket (keep in mind, he only averaged 25 mins. per game last year). And he's probably a better rebounder than Melo too.

Now, Anthony at this point is better in the post and he may be a little bit superior of a long-range shooter. But, really the only main thing Carmelo has on Michael even now is polish and experience. Beasley is still extremely raw. Beasley is obviously not a good defender or passer. But, then again, neither is Melo.

Now what does all this mean to the Heat? In '08 when there was so much hype about the first two picks, I advocated that Miami try to trade their pick for Melo or Dirk (in a package if necessary). Imagining one of those two running alongside a do-everything-player like Wade was an awesome thought.

But, what if by 2010, Beasley is well on his way to Melo-territory AND the Heat can sign Chris Bosh? Any GM in the league would cream themselves to be able have Wade/ Melo/ Bosh as three of their five starters, but what if Miami already has a Melo, only one who is five years younger?

If Super Mario can develop into a Derek Fisher-type, which is what many project him to be, and the Heat can find a defensive-minded center who can score from within five feet when Wade or Chalmers dish them the ball inside, Miami could have a lineup that could stand in with anyone in the league. Add some more quality bench guys, and Kobe and LeBron may not be hogging all the titles between themselves between 2010-2015....

Kill yourself OP.. Your brain is not worth any further functioning

SamuraiSWISH
08-06-2013, 09:30 PM
jWRONG

Legends66NBA7
08-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Man, Beasley fell off HARD.

Dude probably shouldn't even be in the league anymore because he can't get his shit together.

Doranku
08-06-2013, 10:00 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: WOW @ LeBron23.

TOLATE
08-06-2013, 10:15 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: