PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy Season 8 Episode 1: Road to the Multiverse

Yung D-Will
09-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Ahsan Haque of IGN gave the episode 9.6/10 saying that "With plenty of memorable lines, some truly stunning animation (even a great live action sequence with Stewie and Brian as a real baby and dog), and a relentless non-stop barrage of witty jokes, "Road to the Multiverse" not only manages to stand up to every other great "Road to…" episode, but is right up there with the best of the early episodes we've seen on the series. This episode absolutely sets the bar extremely high for the coming season."

http://i38.tinypic.com/16o4r6.jpg

I loved this episode and thought it was an amazing relief from season 7. Seems to have gotten a great reception what did you guys think about it?

Lots of memorable scenes is this episode.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/98264/family-guy-road-to-the-multiverse

Here's the link

ZeN
09-28-2009, 01:46 PM
I was viewing it merely because my wife had it on.. and felt very surprise that it was as funny and refined as some of the better family guy episodes.

BankShot
09-28-2009, 01:46 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/16o4r6.jpg

I loved this episode and thought it was an amazing relief from season 7. Seems to have gotten a great reception what did you guys think about it?

Lots of memorable scenes is this episode.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/68574/family-guy-420

Here's the link

That link is to the wrong Hulu.com Family Guy episode

Yung D-Will
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM
That link is to the wrong Hulu.com Family Guy episode

Nice Pick up
http://www.hulu.com/watch/98264/family-guy-road-to-the-multiverse

BlazersDozen
09-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Best parts were when they became Disney characters and the low blow at Robot Chicken.

Yung D-Will
09-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Best parts were when they became Disney characters and the low blow at Robot Chicken.

Lol The Disney one was animated to perfection the song and everything. They must have put so much time into that scene

Lol the Robot Chicken Diss was funny as hell

And lol I couldn't understand the political cartoon anyone can explain it to me?

BankShot
09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Just watched it for the first time on Hulu, and I must say it is a definite step up from the last season. I hope they continue to make quality episodes like this.

Yung D-Will
09-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Just watched it for the first time on Hulu, and I must say it is a definite step up from the last season. I hope they continue to make quality episodes like this.

Great way to kick of a season especially after the last one was a big disappointment

Yung D-Will
09-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Watch people watch lolz

v-unit
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
I was hooked once they mentioned parallel universes, we're studying that now in Astronomy and I'm really interested in that topic. Combine that with Family Guy? How can you lose.

Last time I saw a new Family Guy episode before last nights was probably months ago at the endings of the last season. This was really good, lots of lol moments.

Yung D-Will
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I was hooked once they mentioned parallel universes, we're studying that now in Astronomy and I'm really interested in that topic. Combine that with Family Guy? How can you lose.

Last time I saw a new Family Guy episode before last nights was probably months ago at the endings of the last season. This was really good, lots of lol moments.

Did you understand the political cartoon lol cause I feel like I should know this for some reason

v-unit
09-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Did you understand the political cartoon lol cause I feel like I should know this for some reason

No I didn't understand it but I bet its hilarious. There were two right? I lol'd when Stewie was acting like it was terrible and Brian is laughing his ass off at that with Stewie saying "Don't act like you understand it".

I tried picturing it but I failed, couldn't focus.

oh the horror
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
This episode knocked it out of the ballpark. I mean I loved it, and would dare to say that it was one of the better episodes in a very long time.

rezznor
09-28-2009, 04:29 PM
stewie to brian "i hope the next universe we go to is all koreans" :oldlol:

Yung D-Will
09-28-2009, 04:32 PM
stewie to brian "i hope the next universe we go to is all koreans" :oldlol:

I definitely get a kick out of that one

v-unit
09-28-2009, 04:34 PM
LOL I just remembered when they switched to the universe where dogs ruled people. Stewie says "go on Brian...pick my poop up" and the cops made him do it against his will.

It was just as funny as when they enter the house and the Griffin family turned into dogs and Brian turned into a human. No matter where they go, he is always the submissive :roll: His face was priceless

Yung D-Will
09-28-2009, 04:35 PM
LOL I just remembered when they switched to the universe where dogs ruled people. Stewie says "go on Brian...pick my poop up" and the cops made him do it against his will.

It was just as funny as when they enter the house and the Griffin family turned into dogs and Brian turned into a human. No matter where they go, he is always the submissive :roll: His face was priceless

Lmao funny shi lol

I swear I'ma figure out the political cartoon

Showtime
09-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Check out the 90's show "sliders".

oh the horror
09-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Well the humor to the part where they had them in a political cartoon universe is that generally NO ONE ever really understands the political cartoon humor....which is why Stewie was talking sh*t to Brian to begin with.

Yung D-Will
09-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Well the humor to the part where they had them in a political cartoon universe is that generally NO ONE ever really understands the political cartoon humor....which is why Stewie was talking sh*t to Brian to begin with.

http://i36.tinypic.com/8x4uw0.jpg
Lol the second part was

AN Overweight Cat with dollar signs for eyes and a hat that says social security pouring a bucket that saids alternative minum tax over a sad statue of liberty holding a democracy umbrella.

Lol someone figure these political things out =D

sergiorodriguez
09-28-2009, 05:01 PM
yeh my friend always does that, laugh at wierd political humor, and when I say I don't get it he goes "What really, you don't get that? Man it's so funny" and then I ask him to explain and he just bulllshits an answer that makes no sense, or keeps saying "man that is so funny I can't believe you don't get that" and also that thing in the beginning where Brian was repeating the last two words of everything stewie said to make it seem like he knew what stewie is talking about, my same buddy does that same thing!:lol

Yung D-Will
09-28-2009, 05:23 PM
I Figured it out the social security is killing democrecy

iamgine
09-29-2009, 05:25 AM
I was waiting for South Park universe but it never came...did they do that on purpose?

Mamba
09-29-2009, 07:14 AM
best episode in a long time especially after season 7 fkd up with the episodes where it was split into 3 different stories.

JtotheIzzo
09-29-2009, 10:08 AM
re: the political satire:

McCain/Feingold were the two senators who chaired a
campaign reform bill which passed in 2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipartisan_Campaign_Reform_Act

I am guessing it was very good for liberals as it has always been
seen as a liberal pursuit. hence the serving on a platter.

It did however start private groups doing ads, like moveon.org and
swiftboat veterans for truth etc...

it also started the tag line of "I'm blablablah and I approve this message."

Yung D-Will
09-29-2009, 12:34 PM
best episode in a long time especially after season 7 fkd up with the episodes where it was split into 3 different stories.

Exactly.

If they keep up this tier family guy ratings will massivly increase

triangleoffense
09-29-2009, 03:39 PM
I was viewing it merely because my wife had it on.. and felt very surprise that it was as funny and refined as some of the better family guy episodes.

you have a wife? get the **** out.

nbastatus
09-29-2009, 03:48 PM
That was a really good episode.

Yung D-Will
09-29-2009, 04:13 PM
That was a really good episode.

Ha Ha great episode