PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Pushups?

MannyO
10-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Can someone tell me what basketball pushups do to help you in basketball. Im asking this because after I do them I just feel good when playing and my handles are on point.

v-unit
10-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Can someone tell me what basketball pushups do to help you in basketball. Im asking this because after I do them I just feel good when playing and my handles are on point.

wtf is a basketball pushup. u mean like instead of having your hands on the ground their on the basketball?

either way if its an arm workout you feel nicer and more on point because your muscles are warmed up and compared to your other muscles they are more ready. thats why there are things called warmups

JEFFERSON MONEY
10-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Okay?...? I don't understand what the f*ck you're saying but I'll try to help anywayz.

Doing push-ups with your finger spread out are excellent for grip strength, getting used to spreading your fingers for maximum dribble control, and eventually gripping the damn thing and throwin it down.

Explosive clap pushups are nice to help you snap your chest passes.

Pushups with closer hands (diamond) enhance your triceps which will provide you more range on your J?

shlver
10-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Basketball pushups? Like this?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3BaJMgGKAmE/Rw5aD6UzAjI/AAAAAAAABxo/hW7etOH8iwA/s320/scals+basketball+pushups.jpg
It helps work your stabilizer muscles. That's about it.

Lancerballer21
10-03-2009, 11:58 PM
I think it also helps you with your grip so that the ball doesn't get stripped away as easily

DarkSephiroth
10-04-2009, 02:17 AM
Plyo-Pushups are the best, because they initiate explosiveness. Basically, push yourself up explosively off the ground, and try to fly as high as you can from the vertical push, maybe throwing your arms up above your head if possible. If you do these enough, your arms will be in good basketball shape. That's part of what we did in Strength & Conditioning in college.

Underballer
03-12-2010, 03:18 AM
anymore?

Swaggin916
03-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Okay?...? I don't understand what the f*ck you're saying but I'll try to help anywayz.

Doing push-ups with your finger spread out are excellent for grip strength, getting used to spreading your fingers for maximum dribble control, and eventually gripping the damn thing and throwin it down.

Explosive clap pushups are nice to help you snap your chest passes.

Pushups with closer hands (diamond) enhance your triceps which will provide you more range on your J?

Chest passes have much more to do with your tricep and shoulder strength because you arms closer to your body... and even still it's almost just a natural thing to be able to fling it cus Kevin Love was a flabby mofo but look what he could do.

I would also think Plyo pushups would be the best workout to increase velocity on chest passes because both are explosive movements.