PDA

View Full Version : ManiaKs Thread About the NBA....and more

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Seeing as guys like Stro, KO, and Kblaze seem to do threads like this, I thought I'd make a thread like this.

I think I made one awhile ago, and it failed, but Im gonna be using this all season.

Im going to post my thoughts on either a random topic related to NBA, a game I watched, or sometimes something to do with wrestling.

Oh, and if you have any questions directed towards me, feel free to ask away.

This is the thread for me where I can use my brain instead of just adding random 1 liners.

Im going to try and watch every Suns game this season, and some from the Grizz, Warriors, Raps, and maybe a few other teams, and I'll take notes during it and post a bunch of stuff on the game.

So yeah, I hope this thread goes well and everyone can enjoy it. Please no flaming or trolling in here, I'd really like it if it was kept a nice thread to talk hoops

Brujesino
10-03-2009, 11:08 PM
who would you build warriors around

andres biedrins and anthony randolph

or

stephen curry and monta ellis

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Oh, and just to add.

I dont know everything about everything, but I try.

I will probably make bigger posts for the Suns, Raptors, and Grizzlies, but that doesnt mean I will just disregard anything about any other team :oldlol:

Al Thornton
10-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Who would you take in a draft, Derrick Rose or Blake Griffin?

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:12 PM

or

Well, If I actually had to build around them, I'd go with Curry and Ellis.

Biedrins and Randolph are guys who are better suited as being more along the line of roleplayers, and while Curry and Ellis defiantly arent Lebron-esque in this category, they are still a better choice.

Please note that I wouldnt start Curry, he'd be sixth man.....If I was a coach, I'd probably die with such a small backcourt......

Ellis is better to be a leader than A Ray or Andray Baydray(yes, 2 amazingly retarded nicknames I came up with in 5 seconds)...

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Who would you take in a draft, Derrick Rose or Blake Griffin?

This probably would vary who was on my team, but I'll go.

The nice things about getting a guy like Blake would be obviously a big man is nicer than a guard, as a good one is harder to find, especially in this era. Plus, he has just sick potential.

Same can be said for Rose in the potential category.

If Griffin pans out, his prime will be similar to Duncans. But hes no Duncan. Hes probably going to start around 15/8 to start off(hypothetically), then slowly climb. I doubt he will win ROY, but thats another story. And if you are wondering, I have no solid pick for ROY. You're gonna need to give me a few weeks of NBA before I can have a better picture.

Rose started out with 16/6...

So those are about even stats, but then lets value this in...

Rose is a far better leader from what Ive seen from both of them(and that aint much), and thats what it comes down to.

I'd be satisfied with either...

But what it comes down to is Blake aint no Duncan, hes gonna start(like I said) with 15/8, and climb. He will have a nice peak, but then he goes back down. I think his real peak will be 3-5 years, while Derrick Rose is gonna be good longer, and have a longer prime.

Starting 16/6 is very nice from a PG, and he will only improve, and Im pretty damn positives he will have a longer prime and just a better one.

BALLin01
10-03-2009, 11:26 PM
What do you expect from the Grizzlies this season?

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:30 PM
What do you expect from the Grizzlies this season?
Well, I can sum this up pretty easy...

-Lottery
-ZBo will try to fit in for abit, but then he snaps. I really dont see him being a solid contributor and not being a total statpadder.
-AI will do pretty nice.
-Gay will really break out, hopefully he doesnt get held back at all
-Mayo will have an awesome season. Like Gay, hopefully he isnt held back.
-Gasol will struggle alot.
-Conley will also struggle and be held back

Thats my main points and they are pretty self explanatory, but if you wanna know my opinion on one of the things I said MORE, ask away.

BALLin01
10-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Well, I can sum this up pretty easy...

-Lottery
-ZBo will try to fit in for abit, but then he snaps. I really dont see him being a solid contributor and not being a total statpadder.
-AI will do pretty nice.
-Gay will really break out, hopefully he doesnt get held back at all
-Mayo will have an awesome season. Like Gay, hopefully he isnt held back.
-Gasol will struggle alot.
-Conley will also struggle and be held back

Thats my main points and they are pretty self explanatory, but if you wanna know my opinion on one of the things I said MORE, ask away.

Do you think they can at least battle for that 8th seed?

nbastatus
10-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Tell me something about Barbosa.:lol

Posterize246
10-03-2009, 11:33 PM
I hear Marreese Speights will pass Tim Duncan and Karl Malone on the all-time greatest power forwards list. Any truth to this?

RaininTwos
10-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Which team has the best fans?

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Do you think they can at least battle for that 8th seed?
Im sure they will try, but agreeing with that Yao homer for once, the ball movement will have serious problems, and thats what will hold them back.

I dont expect them to be in the bottom of the conference, but they will NOT be a 9th seed. I see them between 11 and 13

BALLin01
10-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Im sure they will try, but agreeing with that Yao homer for once, the ball movement will have serious problems, and thats what will hold them back.

I dont expect them to be in the bottom of the conference, but they will NOT be a 9th seed. I see them between 11 and 13

Who do you think will finish ahead of them in 9th and 10th seed?

HighFlyer23
10-03-2009, 11:37 PM
will the 6ers make ti to the second round of the playoffs?

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Tell me something about Barbosa.:lol

Well, Barbosa is a speedy guard. He is a score first guard. He is actually pretty underrated, and he plays the 1 or the 2. He has been a great 6th man for the Suns for quite a few years now, and he fits in perfectly. His game suits the Run N Gun system A L O T.

Yeah, he brings alot of excitement to the team. Hes a great shooter and of course being speedy, can get to the rim.

He struggled alot last year due to personal issues, but I think he has a very large chance of doing really well this year.

I hear Marreese Speights will pass Tim Duncan and Karl Malone on the all-time greatest power forwards list. Any truth to this?

Im going to try to watch some 76ers games this season. I like the potential some of the guys have, and would like to know more about Speights, Young, and Williams' games....

As for the passing thing, slow down there :lol

Which team has the best fans?

Well, it isnt the Cavs or Lakers. :roll:

I'd say Suns, but our fanbase is too small and I know of some pretty terrible fans. Obviously no fanbase has totally perfect fans that are awesome...

Its the Raptors. If you pay a visit to their forum every once in awhile, they have quite a few guys who ONLY post there and are great posters. Probably the second biggest fanbase on ISH behind the Lakers, and unlike the Lakers, its not full of a bunch of idiots, only a few....:hammerhead:

FinalCountdown
10-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Why do you seek for attention so badly?

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Who do you think will finish ahead of them in 9th and 10th seed

Teams who will finish ahead of them, no order:

Utah
Denver
Dallas
Golden State
LA Lakers
New Orleans
Phoenix
Portland
San Antonio

This leaves:

Houston
LA Clippers
Minnesota
OKC
Sacramento

Ehh, out of those pieces of crap teams...

OKC will do better...

And so will Minny...

And probably Houston, but thats a gamble.

I think the Clippers and Kings still need some time and work....

Then again, its the NBA, I might be totally wrong, and Im REALLY bad with stat predictions, predicting games, and standings...

I try to avoid these types of things.

And HighFlyer, it depends who they face. Right now I give them a 60% chance.

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:45 PM

No Trolling Or Flaming.

Question Ignored.

FinalCountdown
10-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Typical b!tch move, Should have expected it.

Big Deal
10-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Typical b!tch move, Should have expected it.
Hello there, Im just passing through.

I think Maniak is making this thread because unlike you, he isnt a total dumbass, and actually contributes to the board

He actually has a brain for basketball, where as you, you are just a ****ing retard(no offense).

I like what he is doing, this thread is good for answering peoples questions and showing insight. Its a good idea.

Obviously seeing as Da KO King and Kblaze arent on that much, and Maniak is a very active ISH poster, this thread will probably be quite large, and I think people will leave the thread very satisfied.

Maniak, you get a rep for this fine thread, and Im sorry for being like that idiot FinalCountdown and pulling the thread off topic.

Have a nice day! Now excuse me as I go back to lurking these fine forums.

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:53 PM

I think Maniak is making this thread because unlike you, he isnt a total dumbass, and actually contributes to the board

He actually has a brain for basketball, where as you, you are just a ****ing retard(no offense).

I like what he is doing, this thread is good for answering peoples questions and showing insight. Its a good idea.

Obviously seeing as Da KO King and Kblaze arent on that much, and Maniak is a very active ISH poster, this thread will probably be quite large, and I think people will leave the thread very satisfied.

Maniak, you get a rep for this fine thread, and Im sorry for being like that idiot FinalCountdown and pulling the thread off topic.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Obviously, I dont want to drag my thread off the topic, but you made some nice points.

Thanks for appreciating the fact I bring quality to the board :)

You get a rep too. I wish I could see you post more here, you are very smart and bring lots to the board, even with just 478 post. You are probably my favorite poster here!

FinalCountdown
10-03-2009, 11:54 PM

Sad, Maniak has to defend himself with his gimmick account.

Maniak
10-03-2009, 11:57 PM
You are ruining my thread with your absurd claims.

If you do not want to contribute quality, then please leave and go post somewhere else.

Al Thornton

if this is true, i've lost some respect maniak

EDIT: I think this guy is a complete joke, but big deal does seem like it could be your gimmick

phoenix18
:roll: You cant even prove that. Anyways, you got roasted over an open flame and you know it. Whoever wrote that made a complete mockery of you and you can only say one sentence? Weak. BTW, isnt this like your 8th or 9th account? You are not slick at all RG.

FinalCountdown
10-03-2009, 11:58 PM
if this is true, i've lost some respect maniak
It is I remember seeing his avatar with OJ Mayo and saying ManiaK in the user title. I didn't mind Maniak when I really first came into this site, but he's becoming such an attention seeker it's not even funny. I'm out bro, have fun.

ihatetimthomas
10-04-2009, 12:04 AM
lol if its his gimmick account

Maniak
10-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I just made a thread in the OTC about the RG ****.

So please stop drawing away from the point of this thread....

ihatetimthomas
10-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I just made a thread in the OTC about the RG ****.

So please stop drawing away from the point of this thread....

so wait, you did actually just praise yourself on your gimmick account? LOL

Thats pathetic

Seriously, you have been following me around and bugging me for such a long time on ISH.

Honestly, I roasted you on my Big Deal account(I used that as a joke) and Im sick of you.

HighFlyer23
10-04-2009, 12:13 AM
yo maniak you ******

will the 6ers make ti to the second round of the playoffs?

??

qrich
10-04-2009, 12:15 AM

Sure looks like you are the one seeking attention in this thread, not Maniak.

Maniak
10-04-2009, 12:20 AM
yo maniak you ******

??
Check page 2, I replied.

Maniak
10-04-2009, 12:21 AM

Thats pathetic
Its called a joke, brah.

Brujesino
10-04-2009, 12:22 AM
What do you think of Brandon Jennings?

whats his ceiling?

who does he remind you of?

nbastatus
10-04-2009, 12:27 AM

Repped.

Maniak
10-04-2009, 12:29 AM

whats his ceiling?

Dont know much about him, but from what I gathered, I think he might start abit slow, but will have a decent prime.

I dont think he will really be a bust, but I dont expect alot from them.

Like I said, dont know much about him.

rosonviyavong
10-04-2009, 12:31 AM
In your honest opinion is Derozan gonna be the next Gerald Green bust player or Kobe filled potential type of player

D-Rose
10-04-2009, 12:32 AM

whats his ceiling?

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Sports/images-2/stephon-marbury.jpg

hayden695
10-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Who will become better player, Jared Bayless or Stephen Curry. Seeing as they are both small scorers and have a lot of players around them that can take their spots at any moment I thought it may be a good comparison. I know Jared didn't have a great rookie season but I got a feeling if given more minutes he will produce.

Oh and how do you see Derozan panning out for the Raps?

Maniak
10-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Curry.

Gonna be a great scorer off the bench, I dont see him as a starter, tho.

Derozan will probably take abit, but he will be our second Vince Carter.

Except he will stay forever and help us win a title.

hayden695
10-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Curry.

Gonna be a great scorer off the bench, I dont see him as a starter, tho.

Derozan will probably take abit, but he will be our second Vince Carter.

Except he will stay forever and help us win a title.
I was watching a mix of Derozans today and IMO he will be really, really good. Glad BC didn't pull some dumbass shyt on draft day.

HighFlyer23
10-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Check page 2, I replied.

oh my bad :hammerhead:

Maniak
10-04-2009, 12:44 AM
I was watching a mix of Derozans today and IMO he will be really, really good. Glad BC didn't pull some dumbass shyt on draft day.
Yeah, hes got alot of potential, I really like his game.

Brujesino
10-04-2009, 12:46 AM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Sports/images-2/stephon-marbury.jpg
damn:(

D-Rose
10-04-2009, 12:48 AM
damn:(
Not entirely a bad thing, Starbury was really talented. Jennings got to have a postive attitude that's all, he's quite talented.

Maniak
10-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah, Jennings has the look like hes gonna be some crazyass dude in the offseason and/or when he retires.

nbastatus
10-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Hey Maniak,
Predict Anthony Randolph's stats for next season. I think he is being overrated by some, even on fantasy.

Maniak
10-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Hey Maniak,
Predict Anthony Randolph's stats for next season. I think he is being overrated by some, even on fantasy.
I really dont predict stats, but lemme tell you what.

He wont get anywhere near 20/10.

Alright folks, thanks for the great questions, Im almost about to hit the bed, I'll be on abit this morning to answer whatever I missed, then probably I'll go and play some Call of Duty, but I'll see how things go.

nbastatus
10-04-2009, 12:54 AM
I really dont predict stats, but lemme tell you what.

He wont get anywhere near 20/10.

Alright folks, thanks for the great questions, Im almost about to hit the bed, I'll be on abit this morning to answer whatever I missed, then probably I'll go and play some Call of Duty, but I'll see how things go.
Goodnight bro.

rosonviyavong
10-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Yeah man especially his jumper looked alot smoother in highschool compared to his shot during his USC days

nbastatus
10-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Yeah man especially his jumper looked alot smoother in highschool compared to his shot during his USC days
I really like his shooting form.

Brujesino
10-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Not entirely a bad thing, Starbury was really talented. Jennings got to have a postive attitude that's all, he's quite talented.

i dont think he will be as good a scorer as marbury

for one jennings could barely shoot but i think he will be a better passer

and also marbury has a way biiger body then jennings and could defend better

anyways just hope jennings has a great career my fav out of the 09 draft class

nbastatus
10-04-2009, 12:59 AM
i dont think he will be as good a scorer as marbury

for one jennings could barely shoot but i think he will be a better passer

and also marbury has a way biiger body then jennings and could defend better

anyways just hope jennings has a great career my fav out of the 09 draft class
Do you like Curry also? Curry is my favorite guy in the 09 draft. :lol
It's nice to see him playing for GSW.

Brujesino
10-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Do you like Curry also? Curry is my favorite guy in the 09 draft. :lol
It's nice to see him playing for GSW.
as a warriors fan....i hate him:oldlol:

i mean i would like him if he came off the bench but we are gonna start him with ellis then this is gonna be a long season

i dont expect much out of curry but iam hopeing he proves me wrong

hayden695
10-04-2009, 01:17 AM
I didn't see a lot of him at USC but from what I've seen and heard his shot has good form, but he just needs to practice it and it will be good in a bit.

Hopefully he doesn't just work on his shooting and become like Moon where he falls in love with his J.

EricGordon23
10-04-2009, 01:58 AM
How do you think Gilbert Arenas and the Wiz team will do?
How do you think Eric Gordon will do?

IlliniFan
10-04-2009, 02:11 AM
1. If they stay healthy, they are top 5 in the east right now. They have a lot of talent on that roster.

2. I don't know who that is.

EricGordon23
10-04-2009, 02:16 AM
1. If they stay healthy, they are top 5 in the east right now. They have a lot of talent on that roster.

2. I don't know who that is.

Hahaha nice one acting like you don't know Eric Gordon.

On the Wizards comment who are the 4 ahead besides Celtics, Orlando and Cleveland?

IlliniFan
10-04-2009, 02:18 AM
I wasn't necessarily putting them 5th, but I just left room there for a surprise team to emerge. Could be the sixers, could be the bulls.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
10-04-2009, 03:17 AM
Are you going to tell me how my a$$ taste when OJ Mayo averages 25 ppg and leads memphis to a 50+ win season.:confusedshrug:

checkman
10-04-2009, 03:33 AM
how will the raptors do this season

Maniak
10-04-2009, 11:25 AM

Gilbo and the Wizards will return to the playoffs and be eliminated in the first round. I think they will have a 5 or 6 seed.

Eric Gordon will do decently. I hate him as an OJ Mayo fan, but he does have skill. He should get 19+ ppg this season. Hes a great piece for the Clippers.

Are you going to tell me how my a$$ taste when OJ Mayo averages 25 ppg and leads memphis to a 50+ win season.

Good luck with that

how will the raptors do this season

Just like the Wizards, they will return to the playoffs.

I dont see them really making it past the 1st round, as nice as that would be. Although they have a good chance with a guy like Turkeyglue.

I like their group of guys they have right now, they should be a good team to watch. Hopefully they all mesh and do a helluva lot better than last year.

Good morning all!

FinalCountdown
10-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey, when are you going to use Big Deal again? After that pathetic b!tch move of defending yourself using that name? Are you going to say it's a joke? :roll:

FinalCountdown
10-04-2009, 11:28 AM

Thats pathetic
It was a joke, even though it took him like 30 minutes to reply :lol

kurple
10-04-2009, 11:40 AM
What do you think of the Artest - Ariza swap? Does it make Lakers a much better team, if better at all?

Maniak
10-04-2009, 11:55 AM
What do you think of the Artest - Ariza swap? Does it make Lakers a much better team, if better at all?

Very nice question.

I have been having mixed reactions. Now it seems like this will have Artest starting, and Odom off the bench, which is great depth.

I question the chemistry and ball movement the most...

The same as the Grizzlies(lol, Lakers fans might kill me for this comparison), they have alot of great players, but the question lies in can the ball be moved around properly, and can everyone get the touches they need.

If the coach was anyone but Phil Jackson and I was a Laker fan, I'd be scared for my team.

They are in great hands with the Zen Master at the helm.

I dont think there is really an improvement or a decrease in ability.

Ron Artest should bring better defense to the Lakers, which makes them all the more intimidating as a team.

Maniak
10-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Check out these Ray Allen kicks.

http://twitpic.com/k9b1l

EricGordon23
10-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Check out these Ray Allen kicks.

http://twitpic.com/k9b1l

Those are some sick shoe's!

How do you think J.Crawford will do on Atlanta?

If you had to get rid of a big man on the clippers which one would you trade away?

Maniak
10-04-2009, 02:21 PM
How do you think J.Crawford will do on Atlanta?

Pretty good. He will be a valuable bench asset for them. He will be their Leandro Barbosa....in a sense. I think he will fit right in.

If you had to get rid of a big man on the clippers which one would you trade away?

Well pretty much its between Kaman and Camby. Camby doesnt have much left in the tank, and Kaman hasnt shown much. I would rather get rid of Camby. He is older, while Kaman has more youth....

Maniak
10-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Didnt see the game..

Seems like CDR had a nice game, Im hoping he has a breakout year.

Lopez did nice, but needed work on rbs cat.

So yeah...I could kinda comment on and on, but nothing really worth saying, its all in the boxscore....

http://www.nba.com/games/20091004/NJNNYK/boxscore.html in case you need it :oldlol:

Maniak
10-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I'd just like to point out some stuff from the GSW/LAC game that I missed

-DeAndre had a beasty statline

-Azibuike did too

-Randolph didnt

Giaodollo
03-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.
!
Apparently you could:oldlol:

Graviton
03-25-2015, 07:00 PM
Are you going to tell me how my a$$ taste when OJ Mayo averages 25 ppg and leads memphis to a 50+ win season.:confusedshrug:
I remember this guy, he went ghost after OJ Mayo turned out to be poor man's JR Smith. :lol

Brujesino
03-25-2015, 07:17 PM

or

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: