PDA

View Full Version : Nba 2k10

Big One
10-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Is this coming out tommorow?

i put it on pre-order liek a month ago at eb games because i want the anniversary edition

NuggetsFan
10-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Can I get some prices for both 2k and Live for 360? And with no bias witch game is going to be better. Always get both cause it's the only reason I have a 360 but witch one should I get first? Always get 2k first because just is usually better and more realistic. But haven't payed attention to Live 10 at all this year.

1987_Lakers
10-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Comes out tomorrow if you live on the west coast.:lol (Oct. 6)

IGN gave it a 8.5 rating (NBA Live 10 got a 8.2)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1031712p1.html
8.5 - Presentation
Whether it's the broadcast-like splash graphics to the smoother menu navigation, 2K10 delivers an enjoyable basketball experience across the entire game.
8.5 - Graphics
Apart from the cloth physics and the strange technical hitches that can plague the on-court play, these are great animations and realistic character models that anchor 2K10.
9.0 - Sound
While the 2K Insider can be annoying, the soundtrack is solid, and the trio of Harlan, Kellogg and Miller, supported by the NBA Today feature makes commentary the most natural yet.
8.5 - Gameplay
Legacy issues, like missed shots and AI issues, hold the gameplay down, but the new playcalling and refined sprint mechanics definitely strengthen on-court play.
9.0 - Lasting Appeal
Tying the ability to bring a created player to an online crew is a great bonus for players trying to get their athletes to the next level. Otherwise, it's the same solid play experience as before.

8.5 - OVERALL
GREAT

1987_Lakers
10-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Can I get some prices for both 2k and Live for 360? And with no bias witch game is going to be better. Always get both cause it's the only reason I have a 360 but witch one should I get first? Always get 2k first because just is usually better and more realistic. But haven't payed attention to Live 10 at all this year.

NBA Live has improved dramatically. NBA live 10 has gotten positive reviews so far, but 2k10 has gotten better reviews, so I would buy 2k10. But next year will be very interesting.

Big One
10-06-2009, 02:29 AM
yea i live on the west coast so its coming out tomorrow morning im extremely excited haha

im a 2k die hard fan and have been playing it since 2k4 lol

my advice to anyone wanting to play a basketball game would be to only play this one

but obviously thee are always those people who will only stick with ea sports:ohwell:

Kebab Stall
10-06-2009, 04:44 AM
Damn thing doesn't come out in the UK until the 9th. I was ready to go out and pick it up soon aswell. F*cking bastards.

lukekarts
10-06-2009, 05:03 AM
Yeah we're always screwed with release dates here, at least this is only 3 days behind.

Still, no draft combine, which is a shame :(

franchise#3
10-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Fu"k I just can't wait for this game :banghead:

mongePR(kb24)
10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
yea i live on the west coast so its coming out tomorrow morning im extremely excited haha

im a 2k die hard fan and have been playing it since 2k4 lol

my advice to anyone wanting to play a basketball game would be to only play this one

but obviously thee are always those people who will only stick with ea sports:ohwell:

did nba 2k4 existed?? i didnt know.

btw. ive been playing since the dreamcast version of 2k. That game was GREAT!

ukballer
10-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Damn thing doesn't come out in the UK until the 9th. I was ready to go out and pick it up soon aswell. F*cking bastards.

Darn tootin'. Oh well, got it on pre-order from Amazon. Should arrive on the 9th, they've been good with pre-orders in the past anyway.

Anyone else getting the PC version? Glad it'll have online capabilities this time unlike the 2K9 version.

All Net
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Anybody got it yet?

Skyscraper
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
im going to wait until the actual NBA season starts before buying it.

This way, the price will go down and I won't be missing any of the real NBA Today stuff they have going on

RoseCity07
10-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Leaving to go get it now. Mall store didn't open until 10.

Big One
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
just picked it up, the anniversary edition is a ****ing massive box lol

Qwyjibo
10-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Is anyone getting for the PC?

I just recently bought a PS3 but the PC version will have online play this year, is $40 cheaper (!!!), and will likely have an active online modding community. I'm really wondering whether I should buy the PC version this year.

RoseCity07
10-06-2009, 02:16 PM
I got it, they have an update already. I wonder what they patched.

Beebo
10-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Is anyone getting for the PC?

I just recently bought a PS3 but the PC version will have online play this year, is $40 cheaper (!!!), and will likely have an active online modding community. I'm really wondering whether I should buy the PC version this year.

Yup, I'm getting it for the PC but I think its coming out on the 12th.

Big Deal
10-06-2009, 02:55 PM
it comes out today all stores??

All Net
10-06-2009, 03:02 PM
it comes out today all stores??

Yes

the 9th for those in europe.

Big Deal
10-06-2009, 03:15 PM
i just saw the preview of the game on youtube so whats so much better bout 2k10 then 2k9? except the graphics maybe... whats so much better in the game play????

ukballer
10-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Yup, I'm getting it for the PC but I think its coming out on the 12th.

I'm sure you guys are getting it as normal with the Xbox and PS3 versions.

I mean if we at the UK are getting them on the 9th, I'm sure you'll have yours before then. :lol

And yes, PC version for me. :rockon:

RoseCity07
10-06-2009, 04:08 PM
So far I noticed some bugs. Players glitching in the post, when the CPU doesn't know whether to initiate post defense or let the guy face up.

Post game is too hard. The 'up and under' instructions don't work. There are no power moves in the post.

They need to fix this game with some patches. The frame rate issues show up a lot in game from 2k view.

Beebo
10-06-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm sure you guys are getting it as normal with the Xbox and PS3 versions.

I mean if we at the UK are getting them on the 9th, I'm sure you'll have yours before then. :lol

And yes, PC version for me. :rockon:

Really?? The 2K site said its gonna be released on the 12th!?

All Net
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Really?? The 2K site said its gonna be released on the 12th!?

It's out now for those in the US...comes out on friday for those who live in the UK.

Big One
10-06-2009, 04:25 PM
im playing right now and i don't know what it is maybe im just not used to it yet but so far i don't like it too much.

2k9 seems better as of right now, but then again i didn't like 2k9 when it came out either guess i just have to get adjusted to the new gameplay

visirale
10-06-2009, 05:55 PM
INB4 Live 10 is the better game

schyza
10-06-2009, 05:59 PM
I just picked up the anniversary edition and have this big a$$ box sitting up in my office at work. I

BallersTalk
10-06-2009, 06:26 PM
2k10 is a huge disappointment. Why is it every year 2k releases an unfinished product? I'm tired of their BS. They promised better brand new servers. Guess what happened on launch day? Servers went down. And when it went back up, it was trash. I'd return it but the only alternative is Live and it's even worse.

RomeoLuvCasanova
10-06-2009, 07:37 PM
I've been playing 2k10 for a few hours and I am not overly impressed...

All Net
10-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Oh dear, quite a few bad reviews in this thread. So it isn't much different to last year then.

magnax1
10-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I thought the demo was a pretty large improvement over the 2k9 game, so I'll probably get it sooner or later.

mhg88
10-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh dear, quite a few bad reviews in this thread. So it isn't much different to last year then.

I tried out both demos and to me, 2k10 seemed the same as 2k9. Live was a lot better than it usually is. I kinda liked the gameplay, so I'm actually thinking about trying it this year. 2k hasn't improved much in the gameplay department over the past few years. They always add a new feature though, like this year's "My Player"

Al Thornton
10-06-2009, 08:56 PM
2k10 is a huge disappointment. Why is it every year 2k releases an unfinished product? I'm tired of their BS. They promised better brand new servers. Guess what happened on launch day? Servers went down. And when it went back up, it was trash. I'd return it but the only alternative is Live and it's even worse.

yeah that's my only problem, but other than that game is awesome :D

magnax1
10-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Does the game have online franchise? Its a pretty big thing to me in a sports game since I got Madden 10. Anybody know?

Big One
10-06-2009, 11:05 PM
after a few more hours of playing against the computer i am startin to like this game.

but the main thing that ****ing pisses me off about this game is there stupid ass servers.

we pay all this money evry year and the mother****ing servers dont even work properly for the first 2 or 3 months:mad:

i only buy this game for online:banghead:

branslowski
10-06-2009, 11:07 PM
after a few more hours of playing against the computer i am startin to like this game.

but the main thing that ****ing pisses me off about this game is there stupid ass servers.

we pay all this money evry year and the mother****ing servers dont even work properly for the first 2 or 3 months:mad:

i only buy this game for online:banghead:

Im actually diggin the "My Player" mode...

NuggetsFan
10-06-2009, 11:10 PM

Me too. I don't know if I just flat out suck or it's actually hard tho. But either way I'm struggling :oldlol:

oballers4life
10-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Me too. I don't know if I just flat out suck or it's actually hard tho. But either way I'm struggling :oldlol:

Me too.

Twiens
10-06-2009, 11:19 PM
****in thing just froze on me :|

Well it didn't actually freeze, but it wouldn't let me pass the ball in so we just took turns getting 5 second violations.....:wtf:

branslowski
10-06-2009, 11:28 PM

Yeah, it was kinda gettin me pissed...I keep gettin bad grades for shooting too much, holding the ball too long and letting my guy score on me...

My guy is 6-4, 190, #23 for the Blazers Summer Circuit...

04mzwach
10-06-2009, 11:30 PM
2k10 is a game that has far better defense than last year. You can't run n gun as much as you could last year. I've only played 10 minutes and I can tell it's harder to make quick passes upcourt. It's similar to the draft combine in a way that you better be careful where you are passing. You can't just hit the button to make a pass without thinking like you could last year.

It's way harder to penetrate than it was last year. You can't pass into the paint jam with 2 defenders around as easy. A lot of missed dunks because of that.

Qwyjibo
10-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Do people setup online leagues for these games? Where you do a fantasy draft and play a shortened season with playoffs and have it all organized and stuff?

B-Low
10-07-2009, 12:28 AM
played 8 games with 3-4 friends today and here's some thoughts:

1. the superstars are a lot more realistic last year. One of my big complaints (and a lot of people from reading/talking to friends) last year was that superstars were almost impossible to guard when you play against other people. Today no single player scored over 40 points on 6 min quarters

2. WAYYYYYY too easy to throw alley-oops. We counted and in 4 games, with defensive pressure turned all the way up, double team on the point guards turned on and halfcourt trap being used as the main defensive play, there were over 40 alley oops completed

3. Fatigue runs down really really quickly. Players will be in for 2 minutes and their energy will be completely depleted

4. Menus are really weird. It's like a 9-block grid and the middle option is return to game, and to get to the other ones you have to hold down the directional buttons/stick towards that option. Not a big deal just weird

Overall though a very fun game. Better than last year by a slight margin IMO. Keep in mind though I just get it to play with other people since almost all my friends that play live in the same apt complex out here, so i can't review the 1-player game modes. I'd say a 8.9/10

NuggetsFan
10-07-2009, 02:20 AM
Played the SL and like 7 D-League games and my guy is still only rated a 45 :oldlol:. Not even starting for the Utah D-League team .. got me as the ****ing 6th man.

TryToBeUnbias
10-07-2009, 02:38 AM
Played the SL and like 7 D-League games and my guy is still only rated a 45 :oldlol:. Not even starting for the Utah D-League team .. got me as the ****ing 6th man.
lol dam my point guard already took fish spot and they ended up trading farmars ass the last game dont no for who yet havent checked and im only a level 60 currently..you can rasie your levels real easy by increasing offensive and defensive awarness(typos? maybe but idgaf)

ukballer
10-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Hoping my copy arrives on Friday. It should be dispatched tomorrow. Judging by the comments in this thread, the 'My Player' aspect seems really good, and that's just one of the things I'm looking forward to as well as online player.

VCdabest
10-07-2009, 12:14 PM

you dont suck...i had the same problem, the trick is to realize that your player starts off with a craptastic rating. So you can't just call for the ball, take crazy shots and do isos all the time, like you'd do with any of your favorite real players.

You literally have to play the game at its bare bones.

tips:

1.Ask for a pass(press the "A" button) only once, if the comp passes, he passes, if not wait for a couple seconds or run around and then ask for a pass in a better postion)

2.Make easy passes, don't throw a pass through a clogeed lane and expect some big oaf to catch the ball, you really have to make the most easy and risk free moves in the game.

i went from getting team-mate ratings of d+ to A+.

hope that helps.

Twiens
10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Set screens like crazy, especially if your a big....easiest way ever to get a high rating.

lbj23clutch
10-07-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure If Im gunna pick it up this year because so far I've heard many people complaining about the game bieng unfinished with alot of framerate issues, lag, glitches, and freezing problems. Any of you guys have these problems too?

beeboywhoo
10-07-2009, 05:05 PM
any ps3 crews out yet? lookin to join

Babalu
10-07-2009, 05:11 PM
please tell me the online is at least better then 2k9. waiting for mine in the mail.

Big One
10-07-2009, 06:17 PM
please tell me the online is at least better then 2k9. waiting for mine in the mail.

much worse...so far

B-Low
10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure If Im gunna pick it up this year because so far I've heard many people complaining about the game bieng unfinished with alot of framerate issues, lag, glitches, and freezing problems. Any of you guys have these problems too?

Yea there are a lot of glitches. One really weird one happened to me and my friend just now. I got the jumpball at the beginning of the game so he shoulda got the ball to start the 2nd and 3rd off. Well after halftime was over the cheerleaders and the mascot wouldn't leave the court and all the players were standing there in their warmups so we called timeout to start it off. They gave ME the ball at halfcourt even tho he shoulda had it, and then as im dribbling up court they turn my players into his, teleport us back to the backcourt, and suddenly the cheerleaders and mascot are back on the court dancing as we're playing the game. Just some weird stuff

visirale
10-07-2009, 08:37 PM
How is the franchise mode of 2k10?

I'll be honest, I'll sacrifice a lot of "realism" for more options in franchise. I love the business side of the game (maybe even more than the game part of the game). I have always liked the franchise part of live, does anyone have experience with both?

MeLO MvP 15
10-07-2009, 08:40 PM
ima PG hus the sixth man for the heat.... at 46... rating doesnt matter too much still averaged 30 + PPG in training camp

branslowski
10-07-2009, 08:44 PM
ima PG hus the sixth man for the heat.... at 46... rating doesnt matter too much still averaged 30 + PPG in training camp

F*ck you....I got sent to the NBDL and is currently playing for the Stampede's...:ohwell:

Big Al All day
10-07-2009, 08:46 PM
I really like this game so far. It seems to be a lot more realistic than last year. The superstars are def not as good as they were last year. I don't like how you can't make the guy back down the defender by pulling left trigger. So far that is the only thing I don't really like. Crazy dunks in traffic have been WAY turned down, the layup animations look awesome (I gave Rose D. Wades packages, they look amazing.) The jump shots look a little weird sometimes, but I think it's cool that you can change the signature leaners.

Al Thornton
10-07-2009, 08:57 PM
How do you get your combine player into my player mode?

Reverend Hoops
10-07-2009, 09:04 PM
How is the franchise mode of 2k10?

I'll be honest, I'll sacrifice a lot of "realism" for more options in franchise. I love the business side of the game (maybe even more than the game part of the game). I have always liked the franchise part of live, does anyone have experience with both?

With the D-League for Association now for for 2K and Restricted FA's I am now sold on 2K for this year. I need a deep franchise as well.

strifed169
10-07-2009, 09:09 PM

dude, who is this chick in ur av?
:rant :rant
beautiful

beeboywhoo
10-07-2009, 09:14 PM
well i dont think 2k servers are completly done yet for ps3.. because it still has connecting problems , but i played 3 pick up games online today..

while the servers were down i just started a my player mode.. only on game 4 of summer.

Babalu
10-07-2009, 10:41 PM
man I cant upload my combine guy because the damn servers are down or whatever.

Al Thornton
10-07-2009, 10:44 PM
man I cant upload my combine guy because the damn servers are down or whatever.

same here, guess I'll have to wait fking 2k doesn't know how to handle their online ish

Glide2keva
10-07-2009, 11:28 PM
While you wait, here's what IGN had to say about 2K10

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1032342p1.html

glidedrxlr22
10-08-2009, 10:48 AM
While you wait, here's what IGN had to say about 2K10

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1032342p1.html

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Highlander---LUltimo-Immortale-Poster-C10047480.jpeg

There can be only one..........glide.

Glide2keva
10-08-2009, 11:59 AM
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Highlander---LUltimo-Immortale-Poster-C10047480.jpeg

There can be only one..........glide.
LOL!

SmackOrH.A.K
10-10-2009, 08:50 PM
i dont get this. on the Draft Combine thing. I finished all 6 practices and drills, what do i do now?

Mordecai11
10-11-2009, 01:30 AM
i dont get this. on the Draft Combine thing. I finished all 6 practices and drills, what do i do now?

upload your player to the servers then go onto nba 2k10 and download him.

bdreason
10-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Game is awesome this year.

Building your player actually takes time and effort.

Gameplay is very well balanced... considering we haven't even made quality custom sliders yet for it (which will make it even better).

Online play I just started today. Played 4 pickup games and they were all awesome. I think all 4 were 3 v 3 (with 2 CPU on each side). Game ran smooth, the other players really played their roles well for the most part... and the games were close and competitive.

GOBB
10-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Everyones sucks on the my player mode. Thats trhe entire idea. How are you gonna breeze thru summer circuit, go to training camp and not only make an NBA roster but play? :oldlol: Unrealistic much? Think about the actual NBA.

UK-NJ
10-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Game is awesome this year.

Building your player actually takes time and effort.

Gameplay is very well balanced... considering we haven't even made quality custom sliders yet for it (which will make it even better).

Online play I just started today. Played 4 pickup games and they were all awesome. I think all 4 were 3 v 3 (with 2 CPU on each side). Game ran smooth, the other players really played their roles well for the most part... and the games were close and competitive.

Agree with that. I had a pretty entertaining game last night as Bulls. The guy using Derrick Rose was utterly terrible, but besides him it went pretty well. Dropped 19 points 13 rebounds 5 assists with Deng. No idea how I managed to get the 13 rebounds. :oldlol:

GOBB
10-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Online pickup games are hit and miss. You get a host with a bad connection and the game doesnt even start. You get a host with a bad connection that lags throughout play. You get a game where the 2k server acts up. You get a game where someone ball hogs. You get a good game that you wish the winner would remain in the lobby so you arent starting over ending up with random players. I know its a pickup game hence the idea but I played 2 games with dudes where everyone knew thier role, passes and even communicated which made it fun.

But I enjoy this mode alot as well. Very fun. But with online ply you will get lame cheesers who cherry pick and throw lobs time and time again since you cant stop it unless you force the player to change how they play. I've yet to start a regular season franchise yet. Do that once rosters are officially finalized by game 1. Enjoying other modes for now.

Anyone check out the my crew thing? Is it like pickup game only you play with your team (friends or whomever you run with)? And the difference if you can pick your players be it NBA player or Created player? Havent tried it.

Maniak
10-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Lol **** it Emsteez, I choked in the end.

Rasho bricked 2 dunks -.-

It was so tight then it slipped off...

SmackOrH.A.K
10-11-2009, 11:43 PM
upload your player to the servers then go onto nba 2k10 and download him.
how do u do this part?

bdreason
10-12-2009, 12:02 AM
how do u do this part?

Go to NBA 2k My Player mode. Select "Continue". Then select "Import Player".

If you loaded your character to the 2k servers correctly you should be able to select your created character, and then it takes you straight to the draft.

GOBB
10-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Played 21 games in the NBDL....still no call up. :rant

Avg 8.2ppg 4.3rpg 2.2apg shooting 54%FG

franchise#3
10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Just started my player mode: 6 games in NBDL, averaging 12ppg, 2rpg and 2apg. BTW the lag on the game isn't that bad, after reading some posts in 2k forums I thought that this game is totally unplayable.

bdreason
10-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Played 21 games in the NBDL....still no call up. :rant

Avg 8.2ppg 4.3rpg 2.2apg shooting 54%FG

I think the My Player is broken. Don't get too connected to your created player until they put out the patch.

For example, I'm still in the NBADL after 10 games as well. Every few games my NBA Insider guy comes and tells me I've been cut by the Warriors (the team I did my training camp with) and that I'll have to join the Energy (the team I'm already playing with). I have a feeling it is bugged and will never call me up to the pros. I'm averaging 18/9 on 55% and A+ teammate rating.

bdreason
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Just started my player mode: 6 games in NBDL, averaging 12ppg, 2rpg and 2apg. BTW the lag on the game isn't that bad, after reading some posts in 2k forums I thought that this game is totally unplayable.

I think people complaining about lag play with the 2K camera view. At least that was the camera angle that lagged last year. I play with a sideline cam myself.

Maniak
10-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Im still in the D League with my guy.

Im starting to get better stuff though in games, so I think I'll get a call up relatively soon.

I kinda quit with online. I seriously cant find a team Im good with. Im only really decent with the Bobcats, Raptors, and Warriors.

When Im not even good with the Suns, something is wrong :ohwell:

TryToBeUnbias
10-12-2009, 02:39 PM
you guys must suck..i originaly made a scoring pg and took D-fish spot off the lakers..then i made a SG and im backing up michael redd on the bucks..havent playeed a single D-league game :confusedshrug:

GOBB
10-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Doubt I suck because the first time i tried My Player i completed the summer circuit and recieved no achievement. I created a 2nd My Player and completed the summer circuit and recieved an achievement. I did nothing different with either player besides change positions (PG and PF). I purposely with my 2nd player tried out for OKC team knowing the big men there should be easy to beat. I outplayed them all even Collison.

I think the My Player is broken. Don't get too connected to your created player until they put out the patch.

For example, I'm still in the NBADL after 10 games as well. Every few games my NBA Insider guy comes and tells me I've been cut by the Warriors (the team I did my training camp with) and that I'll have to join the Energy (the team I'm already playing with). I have a feeling it is bugged and will never call me up to the pros. I'm averaging 18/9 on 55% and A+ teammate rating.

You could be right man. Like I logged onto my save file and I notice -1 for the drills completed option. :wtf: Weird. I've played 24 games so far.

Maniak
10-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah thats bugging me too.

And I want to get out of the D League to get away from my ****ty team and ****ty players and ****ty coach.

Brujesino
10-12-2009, 10:02 PM
after playing 8 games in the d-league i got signed to a 10 day contract by the spurs

i was struggling in the d league to why the hell would i get called up?was avergaing 6ppg 6apg the weird thing is in my first game i played more minutes then tony parker:oldlol:

GOBB
10-12-2009, 10:25 PM
after playing 8 games in the d-league i got signed to a 10 day contract by the spurs

i was struggling in the d league to why the hell would i get called up?was avergaing 6ppg 6apg the weird thing is in my first game i played more minutes then tony parker:oldlol:

:banghead:

I'm jealous. Granted I love the idea of building your bball career from scratch. But I'm getting tired of hearing great game and no call up or anything. It got to the point where the 2k analysis said i gave up too many pts on defense and my man only scored 4 pts all f*cking game! Something gotta be wrong with this game. :oldlol:

And i'm coming off a performance where my performance grade was A+

Sidenote: Can i really complain if I'm coming off the bench? Wonder if maybe i need to win a starters job in the NBDL before wanting a call up. :hammerhead:

GOBB
10-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah thats bugging me too.

And I want to get out of the D League to get away from my ****ty team and ****ty players and ****ty coach.

Sometimes my team guns me out. Pisses me off...then i get a neg rating when i demand for the ball "Bad call for pass". :ohwell:

RapsFan
10-12-2009, 10:30 PM
What positions are you guys playing with? I have played a ton of 2K hoops, but I cannot stick a jumper with my PG (pass first) to save my life. What is the best type of players to be able to put up some numbers? I get big assists, but that's pretty much it.

Nets fan 93
10-13-2009, 10:54 PM
What positions are you guys playing with? I have played a ton of 2K hoops, but I cannot stick a jumper with my PG (pass first) to save my life. What is the best type of players to be able to put up some numbers? I get big assists, but that's pretty much it.
I made mine an all around pg... I averaged 28ppg 6apg in the DC. 42 in a double ot game though...
I got drafted by the spurs and going against Parker isnt easy(training camp.) So far i had a 14 and 11 game, and a 17 and 7 game.

my friend had his player in the D-League and got called up mid season.

Anyways I have noticed major problems with the game so far.
1. Brook lopez airballed a wide open finger roll...as well as other centers
2. The Fatigue is awful.
3. Shooting on HOF difficulty is basically an automatic miss... i'm not used to having to play on allstar but... its the only way jumpshots go in.
4. takes hours to find a ranked match.

Maniak
10-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Im going to get the draft combine thing soon just so I can get into the NBA.

And yes, Im amazingly lame for not having it already.

GOBB
10-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Fatigue is a problem? Or could it be people holding that RT button trying to speed/sprint down the court. I like how you have to be conscience of how you control your player. I dont like the whole run n gun antics of gamers. And by that I dont mean the offense that NBA teams run moreso a person getting the ball with whatever player and trying to beat you in a foot race. Thats not realistic. So to make others stop that? I enjoy how your fatigue has to be monitored closely. Lay off the RT and run normally, some guys are faster than others normally.

Im going to get the draft combine thing soon just so I can get into the NBA.

And yes, Im amazingly lame for not having it already.

Waste of money imo

Qwyjibo
10-14-2009, 12:45 AM
This is a freakin awesome game. Picked it up this weekend for PS3 and could barely get away from it. It'll take some time getting back in the NBA2K flow. I only just got back into the series last year with 2K9 for PC, before that I didn't play since 2K2 for Dreamcast.

Need to find some good sliders for single player though. Anyone using any good ones? So far I've just googled it and found these two from the same forum:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/366609-nba-2k10-superstar-sliders-bizcanos.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/366076-playmakers-2k10-all-star-sliders.html

franchise#3
10-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Is Association mode glitchy? Haven't tried it yet, been playing my player mode.

JerzeyBlaze
10-14-2009, 10:50 AM

Ive asked this in the "My Player" forum, but do you happen to know if you can import/upload/or transfer your created player from "my player" mode into the association mode? Or is it strictly for the My Player mode? I mean the my player mode is fun and all but i like playing association mode where im the GM, can trade players, drafts rookies and try to build a championship team. If I could import my draft combine guy into association mode that would be great...if not then i might just have to create a player with the same moves,etc and just do it that way. I hope if there is a patch that they create a patch so that you can send your guy to the association mode. Cause my draft combine player made it the NBA and is playing for the NETS but its real frustrating with the SIM and not being able to have full control. It seems like the My Player mode is a completely different game then Assosication mode. There has to be a way to integrate the two somehow.

Some issues ive had with 2k other than the above are:
1. Fatigue- players get tired to fast
2. The gameplay seems very slow...definately a little lag in the play in comparison to 2k9

hope the patch fixes these problems as well

Nets fan 93
10-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Waste of money imo
A waste of what, 5$...
It was a good game, I was a rank 47 after the combine before I uploaded my player.

GOBB
10-15-2009, 06:02 PM
A waste of what, 5$...It was a good game, I was a rank 47 after the combine before I uploaded my player.

Thats nice but you can pick a player given the right size that starts off at a 40. And in no time get to 47. Unless you want to gain all the achievements to add onto your gamerscore then pay the $5. But I dont see the point. Be able to change the settings? Pretty sure they will fix that for free. Unless you know they wont. :confusedshrug:

Making it to the NBA? i've yet to hear a guranteed version. My friend is currently abusing the NBDL starting and avg numbers like an All Star does in the NBA. And no call up. I know people with poor ratings than your 47 getting called up. And take me. 33 games in the NBDL before I get called up.

Save the $5 and put it towards GTA4 Ballad of Gay Tony. :rockon:

Not dissing anyone who purchased or it plans too. Just saying I wouldnt.

jaydacris
10-17-2009, 09:36 PM
patch coming out soon.. on tuesday they are revealing what's being fixed
http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240069

GOBB
10-18-2009, 12:50 PM
patch coming out soon.. on tuesday they are revealing what's being fixed
http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240069

Bout time because I've given up with the online modes...team up, my crew, pick up game. I still play Team Up but its a bit lame that you get A teammate ratings and WIN yet nothing is recorded on my end. After game I go to the lobby and see that i'm a C grade? :wtf: And I know I've won atleast 5 ranked matches playing Team Up.

nbastatus
10-18-2009, 01:21 PM
It's so hard to play defense.................

jaydacris
10-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Bout time because I've given up with the online modes...team up, my crew, pick up game. I still play Team Up but its a bit lame that you get A teammate ratings and WIN yet nothing is recorded on my end. After game I go to the lobby and see that i'm a C grade? :wtf: And I know I've won atleast 5 ranked matches playing Team Up.

ya online, offline, and regular gameplay has its fair share of problems/glitches.
kinda good that in todays generation of console gaming, games can be fixed via patches. but also kinda sucks that the game was released not nearly 'polished' enough, although still good.
im confident that in a couple of months with some patching and thoroughly tested sliders that the games enjoyability should increase immensely

Lakers13
10-19-2009, 10:31 AM
So I was invited to Clippers camp, they cut me (LOL), played in the Dleague with the stampede for 8 games, picked up by the Grizz and finished the year with them. Had the option to stay or sign with the Cavs,Spurs, and Blazers. Signed with the Cavs and now 9 games into year 2.

I'm a 6'8 athletic SF at a 61. Playing 5 minute quarters, and a A- average.

Brujesino
10-26-2009, 08:38 PM
damn i cant play any online games

no ranked,team up and even that option in my player mode where you play against other people created players

damn thing is so frustrating

chains5000
10-27-2009, 06:39 AM
Just ordered the game for xbox360.
What are the problems with it? Did the patch solve them?

montaownedu
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't know if i'm missing something... but since i've started playing my player mode, during regular games I can't change my player. I am only allowed to use the point guard which is what my guy is in my player. Is this a glitch, or do I need to change some settings?

KG215
10-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't know if i'm missing something... but since i've started playing my player mode, during regular games I can't change my player. I am only allowed to use the point guard which is what my guy is in my player. Is this a glitch, or do I need to change some settings?

If your player is the PG then nothing is wrong. You're only allowed to control your guy. I'm not out of summer league yet, but it's a lot like Campus Legend on NCAA Football. You control only your guy.

gasolina
10-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Does anyone have good sliders for player vs. computer? HNIC's sliders in Operation Sports work good in player vs player (you have to create an equal "user" slider for it to work) but I really haven't found one which is good for 1 player games.

gasolina
10-27-2009, 05:28 PM

I think its a glitch in the 360. Neve rhappened to me on the PS3. I was over at a friends house and he was in My Player mode and he quit so we could start a regular game. His player was locked in SG at the start of the game.

Just go to contoller options and you should be able to unlock it

zabuza666
10-28-2009, 10:45 PM
2 things I learnt playing this game.

1) These types of games are ****house for computers. Seriously, the creators made hardly any effort to transfer the controls onto a keyboard. I can't do any god damn postmoves.

2) The My Player thing is bugged, I was averaging 10/6/9 on 54% shooting (PG) and I still got cut from the ****ing heat camp. How the hell is that not better then Chris Quinn?

ukballer
10-29-2009, 04:37 AM
2 things I learnt playing this game.

1) These types of games are ****house for computers. Seriously, the creators made hardly any effort to transfer the controls onto a keyboard. I can't do any god damn postmoves.

2) The My Player thing is bugged, I was averaging 10/6/9 on 54% shooting (PG) and I still got cut from the ****ing heat camp. How the hell is that not better then Chris Quinn?

I think the fact they put the controls in for an Xbox controller in the PC manual says everything. I for one, am not going to ship out for an Xbox controller just for 2K10. I have my own gamepad which isn't that good, but it does the job I guess. I can't imagine how hard the game is to play using just the keyboard keys.

zabuza666
10-29-2009, 05:53 AM
I think the fact they put the controls in for an Xbox controller in the PC manual says everything. I for one, am not going to ship out for an Xbox controller just for 2K10. I have my own gamepad which isn't that good, but it does the job I guess. I can't imagine how hard the game is to play using just the keyboard keys.

Put bluntly, I have on post move :P Although I'm playing on create a player, so that could be it. It's not great tbh, but it's still pretty fun. Just makes it that much harder.

KG215
10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm enjoying My Player mode but some things really annoy me.

1. I know my guy sucks and his shot ratings are terrible, but going 3-12 in a game, when all 12 of my shots are from in the lane, makes no sense. 10 out of the 12 were deemed "good shot selction" and the other 2 were not deemed good or bad. I had 5 or 6 wide open layups that my guy just blew. I know I'm supposed to start from the bottom and improve, but if my guy is realistically good enough to at least make a NBA summer team, he should be good enough to make a basic layup that a 4th grader can make 80% of the time.

2. It ticks me off how easy it is for your teammate grade to go down, but how hard it is to get it to increase. I just finished a game where I had 5 straight posessions of either getting an assist or a "good shot selection" and points. Prior to the 5 possessions I was sitting at a B- rating. After the 5 possessions I got it up to a B+ rating. Then, on the next possession my man scores and then on offense I get a "bad position" mark and it goes down to a B. Five good things and only go up 2 levels, and after 2 bad things and I go down 1 level.

Whiteness
10-29-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm enjoying My Player mode but some things really annoy me.

1. I know my guy sucks and his shot ratings are terrible, but going 3-12 in a game, when all 12 of my shots are from in the lane, makes no sense. 10 out of the 12 were deemed "good shot selction" and the other 2 were not deemed good or bad. I had 5 or 6 wide open layups that my guy just blew. I know I'm supposed to start from the bottom and improve, but if my guy is realistically good enough to at least make a NBA summer team, he should be good enough to make a basic layup that a 4th grader can make 80% of the time.

2. It ticks me off how easy it is for your teammate grade to go down, but how hard it is to get it to increase. I just finished a game where I had 5 straight posessions of either getting an assist or a "good shot selection" and points. Prior to the 5 possessions I was sitting at a B- rating. After the 5 possessions I got it up to a B+ rating. Then, on the next possession my man scores and then on offense I get a "bad position" mark and it goes down to a B. Five good things and only go up 2 levels, and after 2 bad things and I go down 1 level.

1. Try changing your shot animations... I had shots and layups that seemed good on the preview but were terrible when put in action.

2. Pass, pass, pass... Defend, Defend, Defend... Stay in good position, set screens, rebound, and go for steals. Unless you start to make 50 percent of your shots, at least, I don't think you should be shooting.

Although, I'm sure you already knew most of this... I hope.

KG215
10-29-2009, 09:04 PM
1. Try changing your shot animations... I had shots and layups that seemed good on the preview but were terrible when put in action.

2. Pass, pass, pass... Defend, Defend, Defend... Stay in good position, set screens, rebound, and go for steals. Unless you start to make 50 percent of your shots, at least, I don't think you should be shooting.

Although, I'm sure you already knew most of this... I hope.

I did, but thanks. :D

I'm a PG for the Cavs and I'm in the 5th summer league game. I got a A+ teammate rating in my last game so I'm starting to figure it out a little bit. I found a cheap way to get your grade up is to double down on the post every time it goes inside and start tapping X. You not only get a "succesful double team" boost but sometimes you can get a steal out of it as well.

It is starting to really piss me off how often I throw the ball to one of my bigs wide open and the ball just bounces off their hands and into the other teams hands or out of bounds. I don't get the negative mark for a turnover but it is taking away at least 3 or 4 assists way from me per game.

Also, I wish you could get a good mark for triggering a fastbreak. I think big men and PG's would benefit from thsi quite a bit. There's several times a game where I get a defensive board, or take the inbounds pass, and push it up the court, make one pass, the wing makes another pass, and we score a quick bucket.

One other thing I really am getting tired of is getting knocked for "allowing your man to score" when it's on a 2 on 0 or 3 on 1 fastbreak that I have no shot of getting back for and stopping.

TryToBeUnbias
10-29-2009, 11:26 PM
My first season with the bucks i put up 12,6,6 62% had a few few games over 20 one game i got 30 something. now im going into my second season i just signed with the Sixers so i can start...my mid rang shot is at 90..3pt rang is 88..99 on ball defense(even tho i think you have to upgrade speed and quickness to become a lock down defender). 73 or 74 overall so far

KG215
10-30-2009, 12:18 AM
I got through the summer league with 3 straight A+ teammate grades to finish it out but still didn't get an invite to Cavs training camp. I wanted to go to a contender where I thought I had a good chance, and I picked the Hawks, completely forgetting they already had Teague backing up Bibby.

Right now I'm in the "Likely to be Cut" position and some dudge named Jon Barnes is on the "Possible Cut" position.

Game 1 for both of us.

Barnes: 11 points, 3 rebounds, 11 assists, 0 turnovers, 36% FG
Me: 16 points, 6 rebounds, 12 assists, 1 turnover, 62% FG

I clearly outplayed him. Hopefully he'll get sent home soon and I can gun for the third PG behind Bibby and Teague.

What happens if I don't make the Hawks roster?

TryToBeUnbias
10-30-2009, 02:14 AM
What happens if I don't make the Hawks roster?

D-League

KG215
10-30-2009, 02:23 AM
D-League

Crap. If I had known that I would have gone to the Celtics training camp. I probably would have had as much of an easy time or trouble surpassing Gabe Pruitt as the third PG. And I'm pretty sure House is listed as a SG on the game.

TryToBeUnbias
10-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Crap. If I had known that I would have gone to the Celtics training camp. I probably would have had as much of an easy time or trouble surpassing Gabe Pruitt as the third PG. And I'm pretty sure House is listed as a SG on the game.
Pruitt is still on the Celtics roster?

KG215
10-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Pruitt is still on the Celtics roster?

Acutally, no he's not. I just remember playing a a summer league game with the Cavs and guarding him. But I went and looked at their roster before starting over and he wasn't there.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I have a few questions. I been reading on the internet that if you are playing the association mode, that controling all 30 teams is the way to go. Anybody actually control all 30 teams? Perhaps you can give me a break down of everything you do. I mean I assume it would be a motherfcker to resign every player on all 30 teams, control all the trades, etc. Like when you control all 30 teams, u usually just mainly control one team as far as when you play a game rite? Like I wanna use the Lakers, but it sounds pretty cool to control all 30 teams. I just want to know how time consuming it is.

Also, Pau Gasol is injured on my team and it won't let me switch him with DJ Mbenga, so Pau can sit out a few games. It keeps saying my team has to have allocated 240 minutes. What the fck does this mean? I keep playing games and I keep getting the same message when I try to switch out Pau and DJ. So than I tried switching out Adam Morrison for DJ and I still get the same message eithen know Adam only has like 3 mins under his belt this season.

I actually quit playing last night because I was getting so frustrated. Usually when I have a problem, I google it and find an answer fairly easily. With NBA2k10, I find it dificult to find an answer using this method. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

NY-Knicks
11-09-2009, 12:33 PM
guys.

I have 2k10 on the 360, just downloaded the patch an hour ago. You should be able to change the minutes in the My Player mode, am I right?
So I changed the minutes on Gameplay, but to no avail. Still see those damn 5 minutes on the scoreboard everytime I start a Summer League game. I tried saving my settings and everything before starting. No results or whatsoever.

Anyone here who can help me? I need the 12 minutes.

bdreason
11-09-2009, 02:53 PM
guys.

I have 2k10 on the 360, just downloaded the patch an hour ago. You should be able to change the minutes in the My Player mode, am I right?
So I changed the minutes on Gameplay, but to no avail. Still see those damn 5 minutes on the scoreboard everytime I start a Summer League game. I tried saving my settings and everything before starting. No results or whatsoever.

Anyone here who can help me? I need the 12 minutes.

I have PS3, and haven't got the patch yet.... but from what I've heard, you change the minutes per game for MyPlayer once you are in MyPlayer mode, under Options > Presentation.

NY-Knicks
11-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I have PS3, and haven't got the patch yet.... but from what I've heard, you change the minutes per game for MyPlayer once you are in MyPlayer mode, under Options > Presentation.

thanks you so much man. You just made my day!
cant rep you for some reason.

Brujesino
11-09-2009, 03:31 PM
thanks you so much man. You just made my day!
cant rep you for some reason.
did it work for you?

cuz i already have my player started and i heard you had to delete it so that you can make it longer qaurters?

NY-Knicks
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I tried it on a used My Player mode I made a couple of hours before. Only did like one drill with the guy. It worked for me. My player was on the Celtics roster tho, so I created a new one :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-09-2009, 11:24 PM
rumor has it that sony rejected the new patch for nba2k10.

Spoken
11-10-2009, 01:22 PM
anyone know if this patch came out on pc yet?

CrimsonSilver
11-11-2009, 02:48 AM
F*ck you....I got sent to the NBDL and is currently playing for the Stampede's...:ohwell:

I would have rather started off at the D league. Not a bad idea instead of going straight up into the NBA. I used the combine and drafted by the Kings. So far i average 18 points and 14 rebounds, got a 62 rating. I have had a 20 rebound game twice now. I cant shoot for my life(no jumper at all), so I just use post moves and play inside. I am a 6'9 Center (Athletic) with 80 in quickness and good rebounding though, pretty easy to rack up 2000 points with a monster game.

D League, I imagine the competition is pretty weak and I could probably beat those scrubs to the basket every time I got the ball. I figured it would be easy to go from low to high rating while playing a whole season in the D League.