PDA

View Full Version : 2k10 My Player Mode

schyza
10-08-2009, 07:34 PM
So for those of you who have been lucky enough to catch the 2k servers when they

exaqtion
10-08-2009, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=schyza]So for those of you who have been lucky enough to catch the 2k servers when they

schyza
10-08-2009, 08:55 PM
THE SCHYZA
All-Around PG

bdreason
10-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Oakland Streets #41
6'10" BtB Power Forward
University of California

I got drafted 2nd round, 3rd pick to the Blazers.

After Summer League I got invites from most of the camps... but chose only to try to make the Warriors.

After 5 games in Training Camp I was cut, and sent to play for the Energy in the NBA D-League.

I've been there for 4 games now, coming off the bench. My player is getting pretty good though. I think he's a 60 now... and scores from the post real well (90 shot from post, 85 post moves).

jbot
10-09-2009, 04:15 AM
the My Player mode is jacked up.

the Mentor dude keeps telling me there are other teams wanting to sign me but then nothing happens. no offers from other teams and i get this stupid message after every game i play. also, when i get subbed into a game, i can't even see myself for the 1st few seconds due to the damn message on the screen over the court. i've turned the ball over a couple of times and my opponent has scored on me because of this. then there's the league menu screens. alot of them have missing headings like in the League History part.

they seriously need to fix that stuff not to mention the glitch when u end summer league. u get invited to other camps from every other team but all u do is not choose and turn your system off. when u start the game back up, you'll be on the team that drafted u. did they not test this mode or what???

i have an athletic 2 guard that got drafted 26th in the 1st rd to the Bulls. i survived thru to training camp and i'm averaging about 15ppg in the NBA. i just dropped 26 on the Lakers and got POTG. i haven't started yet but i've been getting alot of minutes and i'm the highest scorer on the team right now, while only being rated at 61. my team is dead last in our divison so far.

JerzeyBlaze
10-09-2009, 09:03 AM
I havent gotten the game yet but i have a question for you guys who have it. Say you get drafted to a team that you absolutely do not want to play for. Can you choose to workout for the teams that you would want to play for? or do you have to play on your drafted team?

jbot
10-09-2009, 02:40 PM
I havent gotten the game yet but i have a question for you guys who have it. Say you get drafted to a team that you absolutely do not want to play for. Can you choose to workout for the teams that you would want to play for? or do you have to play on your drafted team?
so far, i'm stuck w/ my drafted team. the mentor keeps saying that i can switch to these other teams that are wanting me but the game doesn't do anything about it. the whole mode is full of glitches. i read on 2ksports.com forums that they are supposed to release a patch sometime soon.

MeLO MvP 15
10-09-2009, 07:04 PM
my guys a 6"5 PG who got drafted 17th (1st round ) eventho i was project to go in the second round (i had draft combine) some reason i was cut by the sixers then the other 29 teams invited me to camp for me it was b/w nuggz and the heat chose miami for more playing time... after 10 games of average 10 PPG off the bench i start now....

JerzeyBlaze
10-09-2009, 09:41 PM
so far, i'm stuck w/ my drafted team. the mentor keeps saying that i can switch to these other teams that are wanting me but the game doesn't do anything about it. the whole mode is full of glitches. i read on 2ksports.com forums that they are supposed to release a patch sometime soon.

ait cool, hopefully they get that fixed. I just got the game so im a check it out. I know ur rockin wit the pacers! Im a try them or the nets

Al Thornton
10-09-2009, 10:49 PM
6'4 Scoring Shooting Guard

Got drafted by Lakers :roll:, guess I'm gonna take Vugacic's minutes.

jbot
10-09-2009, 11:49 PM
this mode would be so much better if all these bugs were fixed. i've had the 1/2 time menu come up in the middle of the 3rd qtr, dancers on the floor during play, and some huge menu screen stuck for like 20-30 seconds while i turned the ball over because of it. frustrating.

why can't u hear the coaches talking? for that matter, the whole arena noises are screwed up. the crowd chants like they're watching a soccer game over in europe. :rant

Rake2204
10-10-2009, 02:12 AM
I was just drafted by the Blazers in the 2nd round tonight. I'm a 6'4'' shoot-first point guard who boasts a 37% field goal percentage. The good news is that I just learned how to dunk. The bad news is that I'm a 6'4'' shoot-first point guard who boasts a 37% field goal percentage.

Splitz77
10-10-2009, 05:45 AM
In DC I was projected Pick 1 Round 2. I actually went Pick 16 Round 1. I was drafted by the bulls, but after summer circuit, i got dropped (Just like everyone else) and I went to the kings (I wanted to go to a crappy team) I made it past the Training camp, and got invited to stay. After six games i became starter..But i quit playing because of the clone glitch..it ****s up your stats and everything else..so im waiting for the patch to get released so it will fix all the problems with it..

Splitz77
10-10-2009, 05:48 AM
the My Player mode is jacked up.

the Mentor dude keeps telling me there are other teams wanting to sign me but then nothing happens. no offers from other teams and i get this stupid message after every game i play. also, when i get subbed into a game, i can't even see myself for the 1st few seconds due to the damn message on the screen over the court. i've turned the ball over a couple of times and my opponent has scored on me because of this. then there's the league menu screens. alot of them have missing headings like in the League History part.

they seriously need to fix that stuff not to mention the glitch when u end summer league. u get invited to other camps from every other team but all u do is not choose and turn your system off. when u start the game back up, you'll be on the team that drafted u. did they not test this mode or what???

i have an athletic 2 guard that got drafted 26th in the 1st rd to the Bulls. i survived thru to training camp and i'm averaging about 15ppg in the NBA. i just dropped 26 on the Lakers and got POTG. i haven't started yet but i've been getting alot of minutes and i'm the highest scorer on the team right now, while only being rated at 61. my team is dead last in our divison so far.

My Player mode has alot of problems wrong with it. Clone glitch is the worst. Their is two of you. One is on the team that drafted you and the other is on the team you are on now..IT will **** up your stats, and say you've played more games than you have. and If you end up getting like MVP, your clone will actually get it so you wont get the reward for it..yepp..but 2k is working on the patch right now..

T.O.RAPS
10-10-2009, 11:57 AM
is this mode strictly online only?

RapsFan
10-10-2009, 12:06 PM
is this mode strictly online only?

No. I play it offline.

JerzeyBlaze
10-10-2009, 01:37 PM
okay so i got the game last night. I was unable to upload my created player from draft combine. kept saying that 2k sports was unavailable at the time. I got frustrated so i just created a new player and trying to make him better than my combine player. I've noticed in the 2k10 my player mode, there are slightly more features than the draft combine game, for instance, you have the option to make up a nickname, and you get more skill points when you complete the drills. In combine you would get +150 in SP but in the MY PLAYER Mode you would get +400 SP for example.

Im curious however, if the draft combine player has the advantage over creating a player from scratch in my player mode since the combine player is already rated and ranked? Do you guys think i should delete this new guy im creating and just try an upload my combine player? Cause my combine player was really good.

GOBB
10-10-2009, 01:58 PM
My player is a 41, 2pts up from the 39 he was. I created from scratch since i didnt get the nba2k10 combine download. So i tried out for the Milw Bucks...didnt make the team and was sent to the NBDL. Playing with the Bucks? I'm a PG and was guarding guys like CDR from the Nets getting pwned. :oldlol:

I had no clue about the SP pts, combine workout to add pts and stuff. I did drills that were for big men which was a waste. But so far so good. I wonder how long before I get called up? Wonder if i gotta avg alot or something. I'm avg 5pts 5ast per game shooting like Jacque Vaughn and shyt.

bdreason
10-10-2009, 02:09 PM
okay so i got the game last night. I was unable to upload my created player from draft combine. kept saying that 2k sports was unavailable at the time. I got frustrated so i just created a new player and trying to make him better than my combine player. I've noticed in the 2k10 my player mode, there are slightly more features than the draft combine game, for instance, you have the option to make up a nickname, and you get more skill points when you complete the drills. In combine you would get +150 in SP but in the MY PLAYER Mode you would get +400 SP for example.

Im curious however, if the draft combine player has the advantage over creating a player from scratch in my player mode since the combine player is already rated and ranked? Do you guys think i should delete this new guy im creating and just try an upload my combine player? Cause my combine player was really good.

Combine is just a way to get some extra stats. I'm not sure how much it effects you getting drafted. I did perfect (all A+, Golds, and min 1500sp per game) in my combine, then again in summer league, and in training camp... and still got sent to the D-League.

You can update the extra features (like nickname) after you import your Combine player to 2k10.

Honestly, if you're going to have to play for awhile in the D-league anyway(which I think is a good idea)... doing to Combine doesn't do much for you that you can't just do in the D-league or multiple training camps (build more stats).

RapsFan
10-10-2009, 02:35 PM
I created a 6'6" white SG named Dan Majerle :oldlol: I can barely run up and down the court without getting tired. :rockon:

jbot
10-10-2009, 02:53 PM
My Player mode has alot of problems wrong with it. Clone glitch is the worst. Their is two of you. One is on the team that drafted you and the other is on the team you are on now..IT will **** up your stats, and say you've played more games than you have. and If you end up getting like MVP, your clone will actually get it so you wont get the reward for it..yepp..but 2k is working on the patch right now..
i don't have to worry about the clone problem. i restarted the game b4 it had me to choose a different team so i'm actually on the team that drafted me. i knew something was up when i was scoring over 30pts a game in summer league and they got cut.

why is it i can outscore my opponent by 20 pts but as soon as they score, especially when the guy is rated way above me, my performance bar goes down drastically. this is dumb. i could see if the guy was a worse player than me but damn.

also, why don't i get xtra credit for being player of the game? i've been potg for like 5 games and i get nothing. i even beat out superstar players for this too. i'm almost to the point that i'm gonna stop playing this mode all together. there is just way too many problems w/ it to deal with.

JerzeyBlaze
10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Combine is just a way to get some extra stats. I'm not sure how much it effects you getting drafted. I did perfect (all A+, Golds, and min 1500sp per game) in my combine, then again in summer league, and in training camp... and still got sent to the D-League.

You can update the extra features (like nickname) after you import your Combine player to 2k10.

Honestly, if you're going to have to play for awhile in the D-league anyway(which I think is a good idea)... doing to Combine doesn't do much for you that you can't just do in the D-league or multiple training camps (build more stats).

Good info to know. thanks, im just going to gut it out with my new guy in player mode. i like his swagger so im a stuck wit em. Plus i have the sickest sneakers i created with him.

JerzeyBlaze
10-10-2009, 05:16 PM
i'm almost to the point that i'm gonna stop playing this mode all together. there is just way too many problems w/ it to deal with.

so i guess we cant create a player and give him a 99 rating anymore? lol. I dont know man seems like you are having a lot of prolems...i hope i dont run into these prolems. i cant lie tho this mode is mad addicting. i havent even played regular games yet! My girlfriend getting mad that im spending more time with the game then her...i told her "baby ill c u next week...lol

jbot
10-11-2009, 03:27 AM
so i guess we cant create a player and give him a 99 rating anymore? lol. I dont know man seems like you are having a lot of prolems...i hope i dont run into these prolems. i cant lie tho this mode is mad addicting. i havent even played regular games yet! My girlfriend getting mad that im spending more time with the game then her...i told her "baby ill c u next week...lol
it's just frustrating, that's all. i'm getting player of the game like 5 games in a row and u get nothing for it. kinda dumb IMO.

if u think i'm a whiner, head over to 2ksports.com 2k10 forums and read those posts. :eek:

GOBB
10-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Playing 360 dealing with a female is like when i was a kid sneaking to play Nintendo when my mom told me to turn it off/take a break. I find myself making up excuses to cancel or not make plans to get some game time in. :lol

I actually like the My Player mode alot...got thru summer circuit and swore I would make the team avg 8.8ppg 9.3rpg 2.3apg 1stl shooting 50%. Guess not. Perhaps i had to avg more pts or something. I tried out for OKC because I knew there wasnt much competition there. Melvin Ely? Maceo Baston? DJ White? Come on. I'm a face the basket PF. So I gotta do some time in the NBDL. Wonder for how long. If I could dunk it would be a wrap. But I enjoy how you gotta build you guy up. I'm a rated 51 now.

Kebab Stall
10-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Is there a way of playing more than 5min quarters on this mode? There doesn't seem to be an option for it on the menus. The only option is on the main menu of the game, but then when I try and start a new My Player mode with 12min quarters, it just goes back to 5mins again.

Is there a way of increasing it, because playing 5min quarters is boring as hell. I get about 7 mins total playing time.

GOBB
10-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Is there a way of playing more than 5min quarters on this mode? There doesn't seem to be an option for it on the menus. The only option is on the main menu of the game, but then when I try and start a new My Player mode with 12min quarters, it just goes back to 5mins again.

Is there a way of increasing it, because playing 5min quarters is boring as hell. I get about 7 mins total playing time.

Nope, its kinda like ncaa 10 where you do road to dynasty mode. The game setting are automatically set. You cant change it. Its done this way because the game is performanced based so if you put it on 12mins? It would be easy for someone to boost thier ratings by stat padding.

Kebab Stall
10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Nope, its kinda like ncaa 10 where you do road to dynasty mode. The game setting are automatically set. You cant change it. Its done this way because the game is performanced based so if you put it on 12mins? It would be easy for someone to boost thier ratings by stat padding.
Really? That sucks. I must really suck then, because I'm struggling to put up decent stats. Haven't got a team mate rating higher than a B, even if I do everything right.

My player is a 6'9, 220 rebounding PF, but can't grab a f*cking rebound to save his life. I think the highest I got in one game was only 7.

UK-NJ
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Really? That sucks. I must really suck then, because I'm struggling to put up decent stats. Haven't got a team mate rating higher than a B, even if I do everything right.

My player is a 6'9, 220 rebounding PF, but can't grab a f*cking rebound to save his life. I think the highest I got in one game was only 7.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a PG which is infinitely easier than PF in terms of teammate grades, but even then I don't get all that many minutes.

I think I read that people who took their players through the draft combine (which wasn't available in the UK :mad: ) are able to edit their minutes per quarter, and that the next patch will make it possible for people without the combine to do it. I'm not sure if the latter part is just rumour, though.

GOBB
10-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I tried PG and stink i'm much better with a big man myself.

I got a 6'10 220 face the basket PF. I can get rbs easy. The thing is to get a higher game rating? It isnt determined by stats all the time. Good positioning, boxing out your man, double teaming, setting screens by pressing the b. Things of that nature also give you good grades. Just going for rbs, buckets wont do it alone. And rebounding is just timing...gotta time yourself right.

Besides your overall rating is low and you gotta build it up so doing some easy drills even if its shooting will help. Like I do shooting drills because I can get the gold medal status easy which not only gives me SP pts but also helps gives me a boost in ratings like scoring close to the basket. I do this most of my drills and stock up on SP pts then apply it to my players awareness levels. Get that up to 60. Helps with your overall rating.

I also found it easy to rack up assists with my player. Hit guys cutting to the basket. And another thing is i anticipate a steal when someone tries to pass it to the man I'm defending. I've gotten steals where i kicked the ball downcourt and my team scored. Get a good rating by setting and scoring on a fastbreak.

Yo there are alot of small details to do in a game where u dont accumilate stats that help your grade rating. My guys rating was a 39...Today? 52. But I didnt make an NBA roster, was sent to NBDL. I'll start that today. See how long it takes me to make it to the NBA. I gotta upgrade my dunking rating. Its like a 46. But it costs alot of SP pts to raise it. Like 168.

Kebab Stall
10-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I tried PG and stink i'm much better with a big man myself.

I got a 6'10 220 face the basket PF. I can get rbs easy. The thing is to get a higher game rating? It isnt determined by stats all the time. Good positioning, boxing out your man, double teaming, setting screens by pressing the b. Things of that nature also give you good grades. Just going for rbs, buckets wont do it alone. And rebounding is just timing...gotta time yourself right.

Besides your overall rating is low and you gotta build it up so doing some easy drills even if its shooting will help. Like I do shooting drills because I can get the gold medal status easy which not only gives me SP pts but also helps gives me a boost in ratings like scoring close to the basket. I do this most of my drills and stock up on SP pts then apply it to my players awareness levels. Get that up to 60. Helps with your overall rating.

I also found it easy to rack up assists with my player. Hit guys cutting to the basket. And another thing is i anticipate a steal when someone tries to pass it to the man I'm defending. I've gotten steals where i kicked the ball downcourt and my team scored. Get a good rating by setting and scoring on a fastbreak.

Yo there are alot of small details to do in a game where u dont accumilate stats that help your grade rating. My guys rating was a 39...Today? 52. But I didnt make an NBA roster, was sent to NBDL. I'll start that today. See how long it takes me to make it to the NBA. I gotta upgrade my dunking rating. Its like a 46. But it costs alot of SP pts to raise it. Like 168.
The only reason I can get a decent grade is by doing the small things, because I just don't get good stats. I always set on and off ball screens. I always get good positioning and I always look to make the good pass and take the good shots.

I think I averaged 6pts and 5rbs, but still managed to get a teammate rating of B quite often.

I usually do the rebounding drill, because it's so easy and I can always get the gold in it. That boosts my rebounding up.

Timing is a b!tch tho. I have to think more about timing for a rebound in this game, than I do in real life. It's also annoying because if I don't get boxed out, when a shot goes up, then the shot always goes in - it's weird.

GOBB
10-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Ok I see...yeah you need the stats part. 5rbs is weak man. :lol

NastaMaverick
10-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Been playin this a lot lately. Got called up from the D-League by the Nets and now I finally start. AVG about 18 ppg 4 reb and 4 ast.

GOBB
10-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Been playin this a lot lately. Got called up from the D-League by the Nets and now I finally start. AVG about 18 ppg 4 reb and 4 ast.

Whats your players rating? How many NBDL games did you have to go thru before getting called?

UK-NJ
10-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Is the D-League any good? I started off at Thunder, went to Nets summer league & then went straight into the NBA. I'd have preferred to go down the D-League route, as then I'd have probably gotten more minutes & been able to build my stats up quicker.

That said, my guys starting to take shape now. Played 21 games in the NBA now, rated 50 & just dropped 20 points on the Bulls off the bench.

Averages are:

13.6 MPG
11.4 PPG
2.2 RPG
5.5 APG
0.6 SPG
0.6 BPG
1.2 TOPG
63% FG
62% FT

Think I need to invest in some free throw shooting. :oldlol:

Kebab Stall
10-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Ok I see...yeah you need the stats part. 5rbs is weak man. :lol
You're telling me. My guy is suppose to be a 'rebounder'.

NastaMaverick
10-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Whats your players rating? How many NBDL games did you have to go thru before getting called?
I think it was like a 45 when I got called up and I played 10 games

Maniak
10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
I really seem to suck with a PG, I kinda gave up after almost throwing my controller and iced tea across the room...

I just cant get a high rating...I need to figure out how to rebound/set screens/little things and Im going to try a different position, probably SF.

Skyscraper
10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
upgrading offensive or defensive awareness by one point raises your overall rating by one point.

GOBB
10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Do you gotta avg a certain amount of pts, rbs, ast to get called up? I've played 11 games so far and no call up. :oldlol: I dont see how dudes can put up alot of pts unless they gun. I play within the flow of the offense.

upgrading offensive or defensive awareness by one point raises your overall rating by one point.

I doubt that...that was the first area i targetted and when it was low 40's and I raised it? My overall rating was positively affected. However as I sit in the 60's and raising it by a couple pts my overall rating didnt change.

RapsFan
10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Anyone know what the 'on the fly coaching' does? It is supposed to be the directional pad. As far as I can tell, all it does is change the camera angle.

And also what the right bumper does. I hit it and those arrows come up in the upper right corner of the screen.

Brujesino
10-11-2009, 10:24 PM
i did the summer league with the pistons didnt get invited to training camp

i got invited to the suns training camp as a pass first point gaurd

i figured i could beat out dragic and atkins averaged 8ppg 11apg 2spg those numbers were way better then chuky and i still got cut now iam in the D-league only played one game barley got any minutes

if i get called up will it be with the suns or can any other team call me up?

Maniak
10-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Im in the D League with the Vipers.

A 42 SF who is kinda all around, I mostly do rebounds/post scoring/assists...

I really hate how you need to get B- grade scale or whatever, no **** that, I hate the whole grade scale thing, its such a pain in the ass. Its not my fault I play around the perimeter mainly(20 seconds as a PF, woo) and cant get a damn rebound.

How you get skill points is pretty flawed, imo. It needs to be done differently.

ukballer
10-13-2009, 01:02 PM
FINALLY have the game, for PC, and loving it. Might get an Xbox controller to use as I have a really crappy old joypad, and 1 or 2 of the buttons don't work.

I'm a SG, 6'4, and 3 point specialist. Currently in the middle of my 4th summer circuit game, with the Cavaliers team. Averaging around 10/4/2 at the moment, but defensively I'm pretty horrible at the moment. They had me playing SF for a little while, and Luc Mbah A Moute absolutely destroyed me. :oldlol:

Not shooting the ball very well either, but still averaging around a B for teammate grade. Only around 30% on 3's at the moment.

Still learning the in's and out's, but it's a hell of a lot of fun!

ukballer
10-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Sorry to double post, but I didn't make Cavs training camp, surprise surprise. :oldlol:

Went to Sioux Skyforce D-League team, got bored after about 3 games and have now started an Assocation mode. :lol

Will give My Player mode another real go sometime soon though. Maybe as PG. Easier to rack up skill points I can imagine then. Not so easy when you're playing as the off-guard.

Abd El-Krim
10-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Anyone know what the 'on the fly coaching' does? It is supposed to be the directional pad. As far as I can tell, all it does is change the camera angle.

And also what the right bumper does. I hit it and those arrows come up in the upper right corner of the screen.

You can only use the on the fly coaching if you have the ball. It's the same as the standard game, where you can call iso/pick and rolls/etc.

The right bumper lets you pan the view around with the right stick.

GOBB
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Awesome I finally made it to the NBA! I had a huge game performance. Scored 19pts 4rbs 1ast 1blk (2 go ahead bucukets in final minute) and game winning. A+ grade rating. 33 f*cking games in the NBDL and got picked up by Houston hoping to earn a 10 day contract! :applause:

:bowdown:

GOBB
10-13-2009, 07:37 PM
First play (first pts in game) in the NBA? Ally oop dunk. Harlan went NUTS! :rockon:

:banana:

JerzeyBlaze
10-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Question for you guys: OK so my draft combine player made it through the nba nets summer camp and then into the NBA. Is the "My Player" mode completely separate from the Association mode? I mean im in the NBA and playing the Nets season and all, but i really like association mode where you can trade players, cut players, etc, and have full control. Is there a way to transfer your guy from My Player mode into your association? Cause i was going though the game and saw the "create player" mode which 2k always has, but was thinking, why dont i just create a player like i usually do and then send him to my team in association mode? I would really like to send my draft combine guy to association but is this even possible? Or do you have to stick with your guy in the My player mode? It's a little annoying not having full control of your team in the "My player" mode

any ideas here?

GOBB
10-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Question for you guys: OK so my draft combine player made it through the nba nets summer camp and then into the NBA. Is the "My Player" mode completely separate from the Association mode? I mean im in the NBA and playing the Nets season and all, but i really like association mode where you can trade players, cut players, etc, and have full control. Is there a way to transfer your guy from My Player mode into your association? Cause i was going though the game and saw the "create player" mode which 2k always has, but was thinking, why dont i just create a player like i usually do and then send him to my team in association mode? I would really like to send my draft combine guy to association but is this even possible? Or do you have to stick with your guy in the My player mode? It's a little annoying not having full control of your team in the "My player" mode

any ideas here?

Very good question. I wonder if this is one of the FAQ? There is an option in the My Player mode that has FAQ option. I'm gonna go check it out and see if your question is there. I wouldnt mind having my created player in an Association league.

ukballer
10-14-2009, 03:46 AM
Sorry don't wish to deviate from JerzeyBlaze's question but I have one of my own. Bit of a noobish question as well.

I've seen in various My Player videos on youtube, before I got my PC version of the game, of people getting their created players drafted in the NBA Draft. Is this because they have NBA Draft Combine and have transferred their player from that, to their 2K10 game?

Obviously the PC version didn't have Draft Combine unfortunately, and I'm just wondering because when I started the My Player mode, I just went straight to Summer League with the Cavs, no draft or anything. Kinda wanted to see where my guy would go in the draft, but no biggie.

GOBB
10-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Sorry don't wish to deviate from JerzeyBlaze's question but I have one of my own. Bit of a noobish question as well.

I've seen in various My Player videos on youtube, before I got my PC version of the game, of people getting their created players drafted in the NBA Draft. Is this because they have NBA Draft Combine and have transferred their player from that, to their 2K10 game?

Obviously the PC version didn't have Draft Combine unfortunately, and I'm just wondering because when I started the My Player mode, I just went straight to Summer League with the Cavs, no draft or anything. Kinda wanted to see where my guy would go in the draft, but no biggie.

Yup, everyone who was able to download the nba2k10 combine was able to upload thier player and get drafted whereas everyone else had to create and randomly was placed on an NBA team during the summer circuit.

Kebab Stall
10-14-2009, 08:45 AM
I created a new guy, because my previous guy was crap.

My last guy was a rebounder and couldn't do anything else apart from rebound, so I've made my new guy into an 6'9, 225lbs, athletic PF.

When you're a rebounder, both the off. and def. rebounding are rated a 70, when you're an athletic PF, both the off. and def. rebounding are rated a 60. So you can still rebound at a high rate, plus not be a completely useless turd at anything else.

On the Bulls summer league team, which makes for some sweet shoe colour combinations.

I Improved my guy quicker than last time, went through more drills before I even played the first summer league game and my guy was pretty decent. Last time, I was doing....drill, game, drill, game, etc. Now I've switched it to...drill, drill, game, drill, drill, game, etc.

First game was pretty poor though. 4pts and 2rbs, but I got a B- teammate rating and managed to fulfill all 3 of my objectives, getting me plenty of SP to improve my guy.

Second game was huge. 16pts and 10rbs, plus a couple of steals and a couple of assists. I made the basket to tie the game with about 12 seconds left and then went into overtime to get a slight boost in my stats. Finished with a A- (I think) teammate rating and a sh!t load of SP points.

Third game, I started off slow, but I managed to get into it by the 3rd. We went down 8 at one point late in the 3rd and managed to claw it back during the 4th and get the win, another late basket from me. I didn't score much in this game, only 8pts, but I did pull down 12rbs, so that was good.

So far, things are going pretty well. Hopefully things continue to go well.

franchise#3
10-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Made it to the NBA after 20 D-league games :rockon: Averaged 14ppg 3rpg 4apr and 1spg. In the first game got 6 points, 1 rebound and 10 assists.

JerzeyBlaze
10-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Very good question. I wonder if this is one of the FAQ? There is an option in the My Player mode that has FAQ option. I'm gonna go check it out and see if your question is there. I wouldnt mind having my created player in an Association league.

Ok Gobb, let me know what you can find out on this. i will try to find this out as well.

GOBB
10-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Ok Gobb, let me know what you can find out on this. i will try to find this out as well.

Checked out the FAQW option...shyts blank! Nothing is there so i'm a bit lost on why that option even exists. So what I did was start an Association mode as a test to see if there was a way to have my Created Player in the Association league. And I couldnt find anyway to upload him. I went to the load option and that instantly takes you to the My Player mode. There isnt an option where you can upload your actual guy. I checked the NBDL league rosters to make sure maybe he could have been saved on there? Nope. Checked NBA free agents because i figure maybe he was added? Nope.

So far i dont think you can use your created player in the association mode.

JerzeyBlaze
10-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Checked out the FAQW option...shyts blank! Nothing is there so i'm a bit lost on why that option even exists. So what I did was start an Association mode as a test to see if there was a way to have my Created Player in the Association league. And I couldnt find anyway to upload him. I went to the load option and that instantly takes you to the My Player mode. There isnt an option where you can upload your actual guy. I checked the NBDL league rosters to make sure maybe he could have been saved on there? Nope. Checked NBA free agents because i figure maybe he was added? Nope.

So far i dont think you can use your created player in the association mode.

Thanks for looking into this! Man thats crazy...i really wish that option were on there. maybe it will be on the 2k11 or something. So I guess the my player mode is just an alternative mode to develop your player and play him that season with an NBA team and have fun with the development process and the D-League,etc. What im going to do is just create the same exact player that i made in combine, and just use the create a player option...give him a rating like 80-89 or something so i still have to develop the player and just make hima free agent in association mode. Im also going to beef up the draft class and do it that way...i might even add my player to the draft class...

GOBB
10-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for looking into this! Man thats crazy...i really wish that option were on there. maybe it will be on the 2k11 or something. So I guess the my player mode is just an alternative mode to develop your player and play him that season with an NBA team and have fun with the development process and the D-League,etc. What im going to do is just create the same exact player that i made in combine, and just use the create a player option...give him a rating like 80-89 or something so i still have to develop the player and just make hima free agent in association mode. Im also going to beef up the draft class and do it that way...i might even add my player to the draft class...

You should. That would be dope. :rockon:

franchise#3
10-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Played 4 NBA games and my averages are 17.1ppg 0.9rpg 4.9apg 1spg

bdreason
10-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Awesome I finally made it to the NBA! I had a huge game performance. Scored 19pts 4rbs 1ast 1blk (2 go ahead bucukets in final minute) and game winning. A+ grade rating. 33 f*cking games in the NBDL and got picked up by Houston hoping to earn a 10 day contract! :applause:

:bowdown:

Grats, I'm still trying to make it into the league with my first guy. Got about 12 games in the NBDL so far.

I also started a new guy, and I'm doing really awesome with him. Just started my first training camp, and hoping to make an NBA squad this time around without having to go to D-League.

For the people wanting to play with a created character in Association mode... you can do that. Just create a player (not in MyPlayer mode) and draft him... or edit one of your draft picks. You can even build him up each month with training sessions and at the end of each season.

TryToBeUnbias
10-15-2009, 03:17 AM
Why do they even have a "hold your oppenent to 2 points" task? as a shooting guard in the NBA thats dam near impossible..im the 6th man for the bucks and they expect me to just compeltely shut down Manu?? :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

JerzeyBlaze
10-15-2009, 10:56 AM
For the people wanting to play with a created character in Association mode... you can do that. Just create a player (not in MyPlayer mode) and draft him... or edit one of your draft picks. You can even build him up each month with training sessions and at the end of each season.

True yea im actually doing that now. Would you build ur dude with a real low rating and then build him up? like how low tho? 55, 60... i created my dude at like an 87 but not sure if thats a little high. Im trying to be as fair as possible and give him realistic stats, but then again, i want a potential star not a scrub. i dont think i would go lower than 75 tho.

GOBB
10-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I'd probably create my player low. Just because for me I want to go thru the struggle to make a roster, make a team, and make a name for myself. and if I can eventually become a star awesome.

But starting off good isnt a bad idea either. Just for myself I want my journey to be a struggle as if i'm Rudy turned into Tom Brady. :lol

Damn never thought about creating a player. Thanks man.

ukballer
10-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Started a new player, 6'3 scoring PG. Played with the Trailblazers in Summer League, averaged about 10/4/6, not particularly impressive, so now with the Iowa Energy in the D-League. Averaging almost the same stats as I was in Summer League. I'm the first SG off the bench, and rarely play PG which gets a little frustrating, but it is what it is. Even have to play SF sometimes if we got for a 3 guard lineup.

Started getting some A and A+ grade games in now, so player is getting better all the time. Hoping to get into the starting lineup soon. Just will keep at it and improve stats till I hopefully get a callup!

Like GOBB, I kinda take more satisfaction starting from the bottom and working my player up. Course I did try to make training camp with an NBA team, but it's pretty hard with a brand new 40 overall player that's not from the Draft Combine. I think my dude is a 43 now, about 6 games into D-League season.

EDIT: Oh, and anytime you're on the floor with Greg Oden, you can make your player an assist machine! He was completely unstoppable in SL against the scrubs. You just have to throw it towards the key somewhere and he'd catch it and dunk it. Shame I wasn't on the floor with anymore than 3-4 minute stretches.

GOBB
10-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Started a new player, 6'3 scoring PG. Played with the Trailblazers in Summer League, averaged about 10/4/6, not particularly impressive, so now with the Iowa Energy in the D-League. Averaging almost the same stats as I was in Summer League. I'm the first SG off the bench, and rarely play PG which gets a little frustrating, but it is what it is. Even have to play SF sometimes if we got for a 3 guard lineup.

Started getting some A and A+ grade games in now, so player is getting better all the time. Hoping to get into the starting lineup soon. Just will keep at it and improve stats till I hopefully get a callup!

Like GOBB, I kinda take more satisfaction starting from the bottom and working my player up. Course I did try to make training camp with an NBA team, but it's pretty hard with a brand new 40 overall player that's not from the Draft Combine. I think my dude is a 43 now, about 6 games into D-League season.

EDIT: Oh, and anytime you're on the floor with Greg Oden, you can make your player an assist machine! He was completely unstoppable in SL against the scrubs. You just have to throw it towards the key somewhere and he'd catch it and dunk it. Shame I wasn't on the floor with anymore than 3-4 minute stretches.

It feels pretty damn good passing to an actual NBA player eh? I love passing it to Yao Ming on the Rockets.

Abd El-Krim
10-15-2009, 08:49 PM
True yea im actually doing that now. Would you build ur dude with a real low rating and then build him up? like how low tho? 55, 60... i created my dude at like an 87 but not sure if thats a little high. Im trying to be as fair as possible and give him realistic stats, but then again, i want a potential star not a scrub. i dont think i would go lower than 75 tho.

In 2k9 if you created a player and assigned him directly to a team, you were able to modify his ratings in the franchise mode. I did this with a franchise where I created myself as a scrub and manually made myself better each year. Not sure if this works in 2k10 too.

RapsFan
10-15-2009, 09:20 PM
I originally was a pass first PG and it was very hard. I started again with a 6'10" athletic PF and it's a lot more fun. I can actually produce and I got a camp invite to basically every team in the NBA. Currently trying out with the Thunder.

ukballer
10-16-2009, 03:52 AM
It feels pretty damn good passing to an actual NBA player eh? I love passing it to Yao Ming on the Rockets.

Yeah it just made things that much easier. He'd just roll to the basket every time and basically, I only remember him missing once. I think it was a deliberate thing though that you only spend a few minutes on the floor with a player like that at any one time. Understandable really, would be too easy to rack up SP then just dishing to him everytime.

bdreason
10-16-2009, 05:21 AM
Myles Mattos
7'5" BtB Center
California

Well the Kings kept me after training camp and I started backing up Spencer Hawes. I did really good for about 6 games, and then I took over the starting Center spot for the Kings.

I'm averaging about 12/8 with 2 blocks... but I'm getting a lot more PT now so that average should go up. my only game starting I put up 18/13 with 5 blocks. :cheers:

GOBB
10-16-2009, 08:43 AM
I didnt play nba2k9 (two times vs a friend is all). So was the connection problems constant or did 2k eventually fix it? I understand nba2k10 is a new game and all but the connection issue is starting to wear me thin. Me and a couple other dudes tried the My Crew thing...couldnt get a game due to connection. And I like how it says refer to FAQ but you go there and the shyt is blank. :rolleyes:

I just wanna know will this be a long problem or eventually be corrected (for the nba2k9 gamers). :confusedshrug: First experience with a game with bad connection issues. I can let the glitches and game errors to slide but not connecting? Come on.

UK-NJ
10-16-2009, 10:06 AM
They say they know what's causing the issue & it'll be resolved when the patch comes out. That said, I don't think there's an ETA on it. I'd guess it'll come out sometime in the next month, though.

Rekindled
10-17-2009, 02:10 AM
lol i averaged 20 points 12 assist in camp buti got ot dleauge because the last game i had an F even though i scored 30 points and 20 assists in double overtime , eric maynor killed me.

Kebab Stall
10-17-2009, 08:10 AM
I had pretty mediorce stats, about 8/8/1 and I still got an invite to training camp from every team, apart from the Bulls, which was the team I was playing for during the SL.

GOBB
10-17-2009, 10:04 AM
I had pretty mediorce stats, about 8/8/1 and I still got an invite to training camp from every team, apart from the Bulls, which was the team I was playing for during the SL.

Getting an invite is not hard. Making the team out of training camp? Another story. :oldlol:

Skyscraper
10-17-2009, 10:36 AM
does anyone care to think that this mode was designed to get the average non-professional never played organized ball on any level, has a fairly good set shot from the free throw line so he becomes very cocky average Joe Schmo basketball player from the local park

to finally understand what it means to play a structure offense and play hard nosed D?

GOBB
10-17-2009, 11:37 AM
does anyone care to think that this mode was designed to get the average non-professional never played organized ball on any level, has a fairly good set shot from the free throw line so he becomes very cocky average Joe Schmo basketball player from the local park

to finally understand what it means to play a structure offense and play hard nosed D?

:wtf: Reach much? Seems this is designed for gamers to atleast attempt to play the game realistically if anything. All the while not having Lebron, Wade, Kobe holding the turbo button running around lookin for an easy lane to drive and score from.

Skyscraper
10-17-2009, 01:58 PM
:wtf: Reach much? Seems this is designed for gamers to atleast attempt to play the game realistically if anything. All the while not having Lebron, Wade, Kobe holding the turbo button running around lookin for an easy lane to drive and score from.

hmmmm i forgot to quote Rekindled. was not directing this to you. we all know you are a good baller in real life.

Rekindled mentioned he got an F and he got 30 points and 20 assists

assists directly increase your gamerscore... so he cannot have gotten an F unless he was lying or he really has no idea how to play a realistic game of ball besides drawing the defense to his teammate, leaving his man on D, being in bad position, letting his man get offensive boards and put backs, mashing the call for pass button the whole time, etc...

bdreason
10-17-2009, 02:05 PM
lol i averaged 20 points 12 assist in camp buti got ot dleauge because the last game i had an F even though i scored 30 points and 20 assists in double overtime , eric maynor killed me.

Your stat line means nothing. You get skill points and advancements based purely on your team grade and position matchup.

If you're getting 30/20 and an F grade, you're wasting your time.

Also, since it seems people in this thread don't know, there is a major bug in the My Player Mode. After Summer Session, you will get invited to every camp but the team that drafted you. When the screen comes up asking you to pick a team to go to training camp with, you have to quit the game by using the system button (the button in the middle of the controller).

After doing this, the team that drafted you, or you are doing the Summer Session with, will keep you. If you don't do this, the game will create a clone of your player that will screw up your future stats and progression.

jbot
10-17-2009, 05:39 PM
30/20 w/ a grade F? u must be constantly calling for the ball all game long or something.

jroc20boys
12-25-2009, 05:24 PM
i'm a 6'7 sg for the nuggets wrer doing ok could be better stupid mistakes some by me and a lot by the the cpu but i love this mode i the leading scorer on my team scoreing more points even then melo 11 of the last like 15 games i've scored 30+ some games 40-40 points and i still haven't got an all-star invite wat up wit dat also i completed some of the milestones
1000 points
5 triple doubles
player of the week
rookie of the week

another this wtf with the stupid trades

Bano114
12-27-2009, 01:08 AM
I have a question and I'll also post about my guy.

He's an all-around SG. Overall 50.

I was drafted in the 2nd round pick 15 by the timberwolves. My question is that I played through training camp. Made it through all 5 days and after the game I was on the D League team called the Thunderbirds. It didnt tell me if it was because I was cut or If was temporarily being sent down. So does anyone know if I'm still apart of the T'Wolves orginazation or if I was cut?

GOBB
12-27-2009, 01:52 AM

I was drafted in the 2nd round pick 15 by the timberwolves. My question is that I played through training camp. Made it through all 5 days and after the game I was on the D League team called the Thunderbirds. It didnt tell me if it was because I was cut or If was temporarily being sent down. So does anyone know if I'm still apart of the T'Wolves orginazation or if I was cut?

Not sure...i wasnt drafted. I tried out for an NBA team and was sent to the NBDL. I played down there until an NBA team gave me a 10 day contract. It wasnt with the team i tried out for. Your case you could be trying to play so Minny calls you up for a 10 day.

Bano114
12-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Makes sense.

CrimsonSilver
12-28-2009, 02:57 PM

I thought Minnesota was allocated to Iowa Energy, guess not. Probably are affliated with that team.

Surprising that they sent you to the d League even after doing training camp. I have failed only one time not to make it past training camp, thats because I didnt want to play for the Thunder. Ended up playing 6 games in the D league, they called me up after I ended up with a 20 pts-20 reb-20 asst game.

Bano114
12-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Aparently I wasnt apart of the T'Wolves after training camp. I get signed by the cavs to a 10 game contract. In my opinion every time I pass to LeBron I should get a + to team mate grade for good pass. Even if he is covered.

Lancerballer21
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm a 6'7" athletic small forward from Ohio State.

I had draft combine and got drafted 13th in the 2nd round by the heat. Got cut after summer league and went to the wizards. I have played 3 games in training camp and i am averaging 5.3pts, 6.7rebs, 3ast, and .5blks and an A+ rating in all three games. I figured out a good way to get an A+. On defense i always hold the left trigger and i crash the boards everytime a shot goes up. On offense i set on ball screens all the time and don't shoot unless im wide open or in the paint. I also pass the ball to the pg or sg whenever they are open which gets me assists and good passes. Im currently a 50 overall and hoping i can make the team without having to go to D-league but i probably will.

dab0yech0
12-30-2009, 07:59 PM
im a 5 10 PG I got drafted I think 10th in the 2nd round by the Pistons if I remember correctly.

I got all As in the summer circuit and training camp. I made the Pistons team and I am a 58 overall, I am the 3rd string PG and they cut Chucky Atkins and some cpu generated scrub.

jroc20boys
01-01-2010, 06:25 PM
im a 67 sg 3ps with the nuggets i was undrafted because i dont have dc i was on the pistons then i chose dn thats y im a sg to play wit melo jr got traded for steve blake i worked hard and now were 2nd in the west ive made the allstar team im leading all rookies im 7th in scoreing im the leading scorer on my team 2nd in dimes and 3rd in boards we just lost our first game after a 9 game win streak lead by me lol ive been player or the week like 5 times potm 4 times and rotm 1 time were in the begining of march im still in my first season

jroc20boys
01-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Your stat line means nothing. You get skill points and advancements based purely on your team grade and position matchup.

Also, since it seems people in this thread don't know, there is a major bug in the My Player Mode. After Summer Session, you will get invited to every camp but the team that drafted you. When the screen comes up asking you to pick a team to go to training camp with, you have to quit the game by using the system button (the button in the middle of the controller).

After doing this, the team that drafted you, or you are doing the Summer Session with, will keep you. If you don't do this, the game will create a clone of your player that will screw up your future stats and progression. actually i started a new game im a 6'8 sf i was in the bulls sl and after i had to choose a team and the bulls were the first team on the list im in tc right now but ill play it after my nugged win the ship

jaydacris
01-02-2010, 12:14 AM

After doing this, the team that drafted you, or you are doing the Summer Session with, will keep you. If you don't do this, the game will create a clone of your player that will screw up your future stats and progression.

hmm i had this happen to me, my draft combine player (pg) got drafted in the first round by the hawks at #19 (instead of teague)
i didnt like getting drafted by the hawks, so after summer session when i got invited by every other team but them i was kinda happy lol

i picked the lakers cuz i figure ill get a starting spot the quickets.. so will my future stats and progression be messed up?

jroc20boys
01-03-2010, 02:57 AM
in this game its not all about stats but its good to have good stats i get a's everygame i get lots of assits and rebounds i set pics etc and i do a lot or inside scoreing and med range shooting i get triple and double doubles sometimes aswell.

i focused on upgradeing my inside shooting med shooting vertical dunking speed quickness off awearness and deff awearnedd freethrows and u should be good i been saveing my sp so now my dunking is 75 my 3ps is 89 and i use left overe for the lil things of i save them

Lancerballer21
01-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Ok my player is getting killed on alley-oops. the guy on offense just cuts backdoor and jumps and i cant stop him. I have tried hitting Y and X and nothing works. Should increase my guys vertical or is there no way of stopping this.

bdreason
01-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Ok my player is getting killed on alley-oops. the guy on offense just cuts backdoor and jumps and i cant stop him. I have tried hitting Y and X and nothing works. Should increase my guys vertical or is there no way of stopping this.

When the offensive player moves into the painted area, hold the right stick towards him, and it will body him up. When you have him bodied up, he won't be able to cut to the rim for alley-oops.

Qwyjibo
01-09-2010, 12:50 AM
I hate the coaching in this.

I'm a 6'3 all-around PG. New Orleans picked me up from the D-League. Getting good minutes at PG and they play Paul at SG. But then ever so often I get switched to SG and absolutely get massacred covering guys like Wade. And why doesn't he play Peja more?

Byron Scott really needs to be fired in this game too.

El Kabong
01-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Im a 3pt PG, rating of 48 at the moment. Played on the T'Wolves summer league team and then went to training camp with the Celtics and made the squad. I found that it seems to be more on your teammate grade rather then your individual stats. I was only averaging maybe 10pts and 6 assists, but was getting A+ on the teammate grade.

Currently 9-9 on the Celtics. Does anyone else have a problem with your teammates playing really ****ty D? The opposition shoots like 65 fg% while I've got Kevin Garnett jacking up 20 footers most of the game. Plus it always plays me at SG, puts Allen at the 3 and PP at the 4 and KG at C. Or it'll play Wallace at the 5 and we'll have 4-5 guys standing around on the three point line looking to shoot. Frustrating as hell.

Qwyjibo
01-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with your teammates playing really ****ty D?
Yep.

Yao Ming had at least 10 offensive rebounds in both games that he played against me. Good job West and Okafor. Also, somehow Chris Paul gets caught on a post player often, gets backed down easily and dunked on. No help whatsoever from the interior. The perimeter D seems to be fairly reasonable though.

OneMoreSucka
01-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Currently a 63 rated athletic SG with Houston. Got into the playoffs as the 4 seed and upset the 1 seed Lakers in a game 7 blowout :rockon:

Now playing the Spurs in the WCF and getting dominated :(

Brujesino
01-09-2010, 07:10 PM
i deleted my player again because the new patch will come in a week or 2 so it will probably mess up my player mode

MeloMike
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Yep.

Yao Ming had at least 10 offensive rebounds in both games that he played against me. Good job West and Okafor. Also, somehow Chris Paul gets caught on a post player often, gets backed down easily and dunked on. No help whatsoever from the interior. The perimeter D seems to be fairly reasonable though.

Yes, this. Monta Ellis always gets caught on a big guy somehow.

And alley oops away from me. When I play Denver or Oklahoma they get like 10 alley oops a game on my SF.

I also noticed I never got ANY foul calls until I got my rating up to 80, then I suddenly got alot of free throws...

I'm a 6'4 SG on the Warriors, and I average 10 boards a game. That's just not right...every time a teammate shoots, I just sit under the offensive basket and scoop up boards because the man guarding me will do a "double contest" with his teammate and leave me alone underneath. Hope that gets fixed.

Chunk
01-09-2010, 11:27 PM
The coaching in MyPlayer is really annoying. I'm a 6'5 Athletic SG and the Suns are constantly playing me at SF, and even PF a few times. Also, the only thing that really annoys me about the 5 minute quarters, is that it makes certain milestones MUCH harder, and that the rest of the league still plays 12 minute quarters. If I have to play 5 min. then the rest of the league should too.

Not sure why I got lucky or whatever, but I never had to go to D-League or any of that. I went through Training Camp then Preseason and I made the team. Started off with crap minutes (like 5-7) a game. And now I'm up to about 14-16 per game. Averaging 22ppg 3rpg 6.5apg and about 6spg. Shooting 67%, 90% and about 37%.

Takes a long time to get a couple of the attributes up(like 3pt, Dunk, Speed, etc) but there really is a peak where once you hit it, it starts to snowball. I've got about 5 things maxed out, my 3pt and Dunk are at 90 and 82 respectively. And all my defensive attributes are getting up there.

MeloMike
01-09-2010, 11:54 PM
The coaching in MyPlayer is really annoying. I'm a 6'5 Athletic SG and the Suns are constantly playing me at SF, and even PF a few times. Also, the only thing that really annoys me about the 5 minute quarters, is that it makes certain milestones MUCH harder, and that the rest of the league still plays 12 minute quarters. If I have to play 5 min. then the rest of the league should too.
Not sure why I got lucky or whatever, but I never had to go to D-League or any of that. I went through Training Camp then Preseason and I made the team. Started off with crap minutes (like 5-7) a game. And now I'm up to about 14-16 per game. Averaging 22ppg 3rpg 6.5apg and about 6spg. Shooting 67%, 90% and about 37%.

Takes a long time to get a couple of the attributes up(like 3pt, Dunk, Speed, etc) but there really is a peak where once you hit it, it starts to snowball. I've got about 5 things maxed out, my 3pt and Dunk are at 90 and 82 respectively. And all my defensive attributes are getting up there.

If you get Draft Combine, you can change the quarter lengths brah.

Anyone else notice that after the allstar break, the coach brings your minutes WAY down, and then they gradually go up over the next few games.

Chunk
01-10-2010, 01:03 AM
If you get Draft Combine, you can change the quarter lengths brah.

Anyone else notice that after the allstar break, the coach brings your minutes WAY down, and then they gradually go up over the next few games.

How much does that cost? Kind of lame to have to pay....again. Just to get the game to act appropriately.

jaydacris
01-10-2010, 01:06 AM
u dont need draft combine, changing quarter lengths in myplayer mode was fixed with the first patch

as long as u started a myplayer after the patch update, the option to change quarter lengths is in the 'presentation' options

Lancerballer21
01-10-2010, 01:48 AM

First i had the same problem. i was a 6'7" athletic sf and i was playing center against shaq. Needless to say, it sucked. So i started over (i also for some reason didn't get the training camp or play in the nba trophy) and i noticed the minutes changed the second time. I realized that whatever you have the minutes set at when you start the my player is what it will be throughout.

My second time through i got drafted by the same team same pick (heat round 2 pick 13) but i went to the trailblazers after summer league. I averaged 11 points 8 boards and 3 assists in training camp and made the team. Only played one game though and i sucked. Hopefully i can do better.

phoenix18
01-10-2010, 04:29 PM

I'm a six foot athletic SG(Allen Iverson) and I play everything from PG to PF.

Minnesota is f*cking crazy. I get a lot of steals fronting in the post though.

NY-Knicks
01-10-2010, 04:58 PM
I have a 6'4 point guard, rating is 64 I think. I play for the Sixers.
Lead the league in points per game (39 ppg).
Lead the league in assists per game (12 apg).
Also average 11 rebounds, 2 steals and nearly 1 block per game. I am the second best in field goal percentage behind Dalembert (who shoots that high because of me setting him up). :oldlol:

have the best record in the League (just finished ASG). Won ASG MVP and Rookie Sophomore MVP. Am the frontrunner for MVP and ROY.

I just started with a 7'1 center for the Trailblazers. 53 or 54 rating, played just over 10 games this season. I am starting to learn how to play with a big man. Average 15 and 11 with 3 blocks. Am the leader in field goal percentage. I started the season hardly playing, now I play 28 minutes a game (off the bench, thef-ck?) somehow Greg Oden still starts.
I dont get it, average way more points, rebounds, blocks, steals, assists, higher fg%, ft%. And I always get the A+.
Dont remember how long it took for me to start with my PG. I will probably lead the league in everything come playoff time. :D

I do REALLY HATE how my team never passes me the ball when I want to post up a guard or forward.they never give me the ball when i have such good post position. And they never give me the ball during pick & roll situations. I like playing PG more because you control the game (and he is much better).

Qwyjibo
01-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I just got a flashback to the "Quad Seoson" with that above post.

NY-Knicks
01-10-2010, 05:02 PM
I just got a flashback to the "Quad Seoson" with that above post.

Averaged a quad-double for the season?

Qwyjibo
01-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Inside joke I guess. Someone once posted a ridiculous and yet hilarious thread about posting one in the YMCA. The lies and stories that unfolded from the initial post... wow. I'm not sure if it's still lingering anywhere on the internet but if you ever have the luck to find it, it's a good reason. "Quad Seoson", yes, with an "o".

Maniak
01-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah, in a YMCA league.

Dude was a beast.

NY-Knicks
01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
LOL, nawh bro. Just average it on NBA 2k10 :D . was that a random thread on insidehoops? because I believe I have seen that thread.

jaydacris
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
ya the best part was he listed all his fg made/attempts... and total points, and some of them didnt add up correctly
so he was telling everyone that i think dunks were more points or something
it was pretty funny

one of the greatest ish photoshops is of ev08, the nba player profile pic with infinite efficiency, unfortunately i couldnt find it on the interweb

Lakers13
01-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Player rank is 99, staring PF for the Lakers (Pau left for Indiana) and Im like LeBron James, averaging 30,10, and 8:oldlol:

Qwyjibo
01-10-2010, 10:27 PM
I really need New Orleans to trade Paul away for a good shooting SG. Get Kevin Martin + Casspi in here for Chris Paul. I can handle the PG spot.

Or just trade me and stop playing me at SG.

Maniak
01-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Who likes this idea for a My Player mode?

Similar to the sh/tty stuff that used to be put out(there were a few good versions) have it similar to a wrestling game(cept basketball) where you can interact in the locker room, play pickup, stuff like that. Giving yourself more control over a team. This could also stem intoa My GM mode.

If done right this would be the best feature ever. I know the past versions of games have done this, but I think if you made it more interacting it would be better.

ESPN 360 or whatever iut was called on 2k5 was a good little feature.

phoenix18
01-10-2010, 11:56 PM
My team never ever passes me the ball. I mean never ever. I am in the D-league and I average 10 points in 17 minutes. Almost all my points are off of steals and rebounds. My teammates just pass to each other.

Brujesino
01-11-2010, 12:06 AM
My team never ever passes me the ball. I mean never ever. I am in the D-league and I average 10 points in 17 minutes. Almost all my points are off of steals and rebounds. My teammates just pass to each other.

what system did you get it on?

also iam pretty sure you just got it right?dont bother messing with it becuase when the patch comes out in 1-2 weeks your gonna have to delete it and start over

phoenix18
01-11-2010, 01:16 AM
what system did you get it on?

also iam pretty sure you just got it right?dont bother messing with it becuase when the patch comes out in 1-2 weeks your gonna have to delete it and start over

I got one yesterday.

I will take your advice.

Its gonna be a while before I get live though.

NY-Knicks
01-11-2010, 10:57 AM

I got one yesterday.

I will take your advice.

Its gonna be a while before I get live though.

what position do you play?
just set screens for the other guys and roll to the basket. They will almost never pass (c-cksucking motherf-ckers :oldlol: ), more likely just pull up for a jumper. Go to the glass, grab the board, slam it back down. That is my main game with the center. Just grab boards and put it home. Still not in the starting 5 tho. :violin:

jeff111
01-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Sucked at first and got cut by the clippers and played in the D-league lead it in scoring and I'm not coming off the bench for the clippers...should I really be posting this.

jroc20boys
01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
well after a finals lost to philiy i signed with okc our starting line up is

russel westbrock
me
kd
carlos boozer
leon powe

our bench
jeff green
mike conley
andre miller
chris dogulas-roberts
nick collission
kyle weaver
bryon mullins
and grant hill

were 1st in the west at 51-6 with 24 games left
im leading the nba in scoreing 47.6ppg im about to be mvp also im first ballot for most improved player im an 2 time all star looking to win the the ship this time. also were on a 26 game winning streak

im a 67 3pt sg 47.7ppg 6.7rpg 6.7apg1.9bpg1.1spg my overall is 85 my former team the nuggets r 6th in the west with out me lol

Abd El-Krim
01-24-2010, 07:53 PM
well after a finals lost to philiy i signed with okc our starting line up is

russel westbrock
me
kd
carlos boozer
leon powe

our bench
jeff green
mick conley
andre miller
chris dogulas-roberts
nick collission
kyle weaver
bryon mullins

were 1st in the west at 51-6 with 24 games left
im leading the nba in scoreing 47.6ppg first ballot for mvp also im first ballot for most improved player im an 2 time all star looking to win the the ship this time. also were on a 26 game winning streak

im a 67 3pt sg 47.7ppg 6.7rpg 6.7apg1.9bpg1.1spg my overall is 85 my former team the nuggets r 6th in the west with out me lol

damn Westbrock and Mick Conley on the same team, f'n awesome!

jbot
01-24-2010, 08:43 PM
who the hell is Mick Conley?

Abd El-Krim
01-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Not a first ballot mvp, there can be only one.

jroc20boys
01-25-2010, 03:14 AM
who the hell is Mick Conley?
my bad i ment mike conley

ukballer
03-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Of the numerous 2K10 threads I could bump, I chose this one as it seemed the most active.

Just a heads up for any fellow PC 2K10 gamer. The PC patch has FINALLY been released! I haven't actually tried it yet, just about to download it now.

Still a bit confusing as some people can get it, but others still have to wait a couple of days. I believe people who downloaded it straight from Steam without a disc may have to wait a couple more days, but basically check out the 2K sports forum for more information. I bought the game and have the disc, so I presume the patch will work for me? Guess I'll find out soon enough!

KG215
03-22-2010, 02:01 AM
When was the PC game released? They're just now getting the patch out?

ukballer
03-22-2010, 04:14 AM
When was the PC game released? They're just now getting the patch out?

Same time as the console games, maybe just 1 week later, I can't remember. THAT'S how long we've had to wait for the patch.

I understand that most of the sales of the game will come on the console versions, but us PC gamers have been seriously neglected.

Fortunately the patch does fix a heck of a lot of things, so I guess it was worth the wait. Online still doesn't work for me though, but 'apparently' that should be ok in a few days, because people who downloaded the game straight from Steam and don't have the disc have to wait a few more days for Steam to upload the patch.

My player mode is great now though, I'm hooked on it again. :D

FPS problems are virtually gone too, much smoother gameplay.

Button
03-22-2010, 06:04 AM
im really bad at this playing type. i do 5 mins per quarter, and i always get in the d-league, and i suck there aswell.

ukballer
03-22-2010, 07:48 AM
im really bad at this playing type. i do 5 mins per quarter, and i always get in the d-league, and i suck there aswell.

Well running 5 mins per quarter isn't exactly going to help you, so bump up the minutes!

I'm running 12 min quarters, and getting very realistic scores, fair minutes, and fairly realistic stats (averaging 18/3/11 after 4 summer league games). Only once has any of the teams I've played with or against gone over 100 points so far.

Button
03-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Well running 5 mins per quarter isn't exactly going to help you, so bump up the minutes!

I'm running 12 min quarters, and getting very realistic scores, fair minutes, and fairly realistic stats (averaging 18/3/11 after 4 summer league games). Only once has any of the teams I've played with or against gone over 100 points so far.

ok thanks, im playing on the computer so alot of buttons i cant use, i normally play with shooting guard cous i cant rebound good enough with center and forwards, and use post moves, or do alot of stuff in point guard possition.
Or do you have any tips,? how do you play with it.

and ill try the minute thing. btw can i add you no msn for more tips ukballer?

ukballer
03-22-2010, 09:04 AM
ok thanks, im playing on the computer so alot of buttons i cant use, i normally play with shooting guard cous i cant rebound good enough with center and forwards, and use post moves, or do alot of stuff in point guard possition.
Or do you have any tips,? how do you play with it.

and ill try the minute thing. btw can i add you no msn for more tips ukballer?

I can't imagine how hard it is playing with the keyboard if that's what you're using! I have an old gamepad which I use, so I find that pretty easy.

I did play shooting guard for a while before the patch came out, but quite often it kept moving me to different positions, sometimes having to guard guys like Wilson Chandler. So I play as a 6'1, 170 lbs PG (Brandon Jennings type build), and have my player set as an all-rounder. I never get played out of position now.

As for tips? I'm not very good at just knowing what tips to hand out and what you really need to know. :lol

I found that in 5 min quarters, everything was always a rush, to try and reach your objectives. Say I had to shoot 70% at the free throw line for an objective. Knowing I'd only get 10-15 mins to get to the line, often I'd try to take it to the hole, and 70% of the time I'd get called for an offensive foul or have some kind of turnover or bad shot, all because I was worrying about how short the games were.

Playing with 12 min quarters, just means you can be so much more patient, nothing needs to be forced.

I'm crap at giving out advice, so all I'll say is for now, be patient, don't force up difficult shots. If you play within your player's capabilities, you shouldn't have any trouble getting A+, A's, etc. KNOW what your player can do, and don't try taking on a player like Greg Oden in the paint or something! After the patch, I've noticed scoring in the paint is 'slightly' more difficult with a guard than it was before the patch. Big men come over to help more, so just be aware of that too.

Good luck!

Button
03-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I can't imagine how hard it is playing with the keyboard if that's what you're using! I have an old gamepad which I use, so I find that pretty easy.

I did play shooting guard for a while before the patch came out, but quite often it kept moving me to different positions, sometimes having to guard guys like Wilson Chandler. So I play as a 6'1, 170 lbs PG (Brandon Jennings type build), and have my player set as an all-rounder. I never get played out of position now.

As for tips? I'm not very good at just knowing what tips to hand out and what you really need to know. :lol

I found that in 5 min quarters, everything was always a rush, to try and reach your objectives. Say I had to shoot 70% at the free throw line for an objective. Knowing I'd only get 10-15 mins to get to the line, often I'd try to take it to the hole, and 70% of the time I'd get called for an offensive foul or have some kind of turnover or bad shot, all because I was worrying about how short the games were.

Playing with 12 min quarters, just means you can be so much more patient, nothing needs to be forced.

I'm crap at giving out advice, so all I'll say is for now, be patient, don't force up difficult shots. If you play within your player's capabilities, you shouldn't have any trouble getting A+, A's, etc. KNOW what your player can do, and don't try taking on a player like Greg Oden in the paint or something! After the patch, I've noticed scoring in the paint is 'slightly' more difficult with a guard than it was before the patch. Big men come over to help more, so just be aware of that too.

Good luck!

you keep talking about ''the patch'' wich 1 is it, and where can i find it

ukballer
03-22-2010, 09:37 AM
you keep talking about ''the patch'' wich 1 is it, and where can i find it

http://2ksports.com/downloads/new

You're from Europe right? Click the Download button under 'NBA 2K10 PC Patch for Europe'.

Then just run the exe file and it should update your game for you.

Did you buy the game with it as a disc? Or did you download it from Steam?

Button
03-23-2010, 06:01 AM
i downlaoded it, and tried to install, it failed, it tries to find nba in my c: but its in my d:

ukballer
03-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah I had the same problem. I just uninstalled the game re-installed it, and it went to C:Drive. (I moved it to D:Drive before because I needed the space).

So yeah, all you need to do is move it back to C:Drive, or just uninstall if you haven't got any important saves or data already (which you could just back up if you wanted to keep them I suppose).

Button
03-23-2010, 09:57 AM
well weird thing is, the patch looks in my documents map or smth, i dont wanna install thegame there, i can i move it there, install patch andmove it back ?

Button
03-23-2010, 05:40 PM
hmm started a new my player, but i cant change game type? its always 5 mins, how do i change it?

ukballer
03-23-2010, 06:20 PM
hmm started a new my player, but i cant change game type? its always 5 mins, how do i change it?

Go to My Player, Presentation, then the thing to change the quarter length is on there.

Presuming you have the patch working now!

Button
03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Go to My Player, Presentation, then the thing to change the quarter length is on there.

Presuming you have the patch working now!

no its not working yet, the patch shows a c: link that doesnt exist, so im kinda like ok wtf?

ukballer
03-24-2010, 04:54 AM
Yeah I had the same problem. I just uninstalled the game re-installed it, and it went to C: Drive. (I moved it to D: Drive before because I needed the space).

So yeah, all you need to do is move it back to C: Drive, or just uninstall if you haven't got any important saves or data already (which you could just back up if you wanted to keep them I suppose).

Did you try this?

Button
03-24-2010, 05:02 AM
nvm , i just read i have to have the legal version of the game for the patch to work.
I am gonna buy the 2k11 game to play online and stuff when it comes out, sorry for ur trouble ukballer but thnx anyways

1manfastbreak
04-05-2010, 03:24 AM
I'm a 6'5" athletic pg, chose to go to the Heat, and made the squad. started off slow but have really been playing better of late. We're 19-4 right now, 1st in power rankings for the league.

i won the rookie of the month for november and in my last game i had 26 pts, 12 asst, 10 rbs and 7 steals. my 3rd td of the season so far. avging 16
pts, 7 asst and 5 rbs on the season and shooting 70% from the field

its also alot easier to play on a superstars team.

ChiCity
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
6"8 scoring sf
orlando magic
me and pietrus share the starting spot
i was playing the thunder the other day
they had eric maynor at point
westbrook at sg
and robinson at sf
they traded green for robinson :hammerhead:

Lancerballer21
04-06-2010, 06:40 PM
6"8 scoring sf
orlando magic
me and pietrus share the starting spot
i was playing the thunder the other day
they had eric maynor at point
westbrook at sg
and robinson at sf
they traded green for robinson :hammerhead:

a couple of weeks ago i was playing the bucks and apparently they had traded michael redd for shaq???????? WTF there.

Last week i recorded my first triple-double 18, 14, and 10. I was so psyched. Now im averaging like 9 pts, 6 reb, and 3 ast, but they are going up at high rates.

Abd El-Krim
04-06-2010, 07:55 PM
nvm , i just read i have to have the legal version of the game for the patch to work.
I am gonna buy the 2k11 game to play online and stuff when it comes out, sorry for ur trouble ukballer but thnx anyways

:oldlol: yeah I'm sure they'll get online to work next season...

Buy live.

Button
04-07-2010, 04:25 AM
:oldlol: yeah I'm sure they'll get online to work next season...

Buy live.

well im probably getting ps3 this summer, ill get both prob.
i cant play nba very well on pc, 2 many buttons

BIG_MIKE_27
04-07-2010, 07:02 PM
was addicted to my player mode for a good three months or so, now it just annoys the hell outta me i cant even finish a game!

last time i checked i think i was rated around 76!

NY-Knicks
05-01-2010, 09:48 AM
I started to hate playing with my PG on the 76ers so I made another player. Wanted to play in the summer league and training camp, love that part. Remember, I had already played a season with a pg.

Point Guard
Athletic
6'7 / 200
Rating: 43

I played for the Pacers in the Summer League. Went 6-0, nearly all blowouts.
Averaged 45 on nearly 80% from the field, 14, 13, 4 and 1 in the Summer League :lol It was really way too easy. I got invited to all the Training Camps and decided to go to NY. In the first game I scored 60 points, grabbed 15 boards, dished out 18 assists, recorded 6 steals and blocked 5 shots (5x5:D ). Blowout win.
Never got anything less than A+.
If I don't make this team I will be amazed.

Game 2:
Blowout win
48 points, 26 rebounds:lol , 17 assists, 8 steals and 2 blocks.
Shooting over 75% from the field now, not to mention being perfect from the line.

However, I am still on the bench (position outlook). Why?

NY-Knicks
05-01-2010, 05:31 PM
does anyone here still play the My Player Mode?

Game 3:
55 points, 28 rebounds, 21 assists, 11 steals and 1 block. By far the best game I ever played on the My Player Mode.

ukballer
05-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah I still play it. Just started my first game on Xbox version a few days ago.

Currently 4 games into Summer League with the Lakers, with my 6'1, 169 pound PG (white Brandon Jennings :D ), averaging 20 points, 3 rebs, 10 assists, and averaging an A in teammate grade.

NY-Knicks
05-01-2010, 08:26 PM
yeah I really like the mode. Getting 50, 30, 20 and 10 a game never gets old :oldlol: .

ukballer
05-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Damnnnn, just got the "The saved content is damaged or unreadable" message. Apparently would be my own fault by closing the Xbox too early or something, but I never usually do that. Still annoying, was just about to get to Lakers training camp.

Oh well, back to the start! Wonder what team I'll end up on ........... the Rockets. :pimp:

NY-Knicks
05-02-2010, 10:35 AM
aren't Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry on that Summer League roster? Would be pretty hard to get some playing time.

Game 4:
52 points, 22 assists, 16 rebounds, 13 steals and 1 block. Shot 89% from the field.

Completely routed the other team, 168-80.

Second quadruple-double in a row :lol

Game 5:
38 points, 35 assists, 16 rebounds, 4 blocks and 2 steals.
Another blowout win.
Made the team as the backup point guard. Which is kind of weird because I played four of those five games against the starter. I killed that guy. Well, will get to start soon enough.

KG215
05-02-2010, 03:15 PM
What exactly or how exactly are you getting such ridiculous numbers? I don't have my guy maxed out but I've got him up in the 90's in everything and don't even come close to numbers like that. I'll have the ocassional 30/15/15 game but not every time out.

Button
05-03-2010, 04:47 AM
yeah i got a 6'7 sg athletic, did d-league now playing for the utah jazz, i got it on pc (reloaded :( ) and so ican only play 5 min quarters, avaraging, 26.3ppg and 4,2 apg. my rebounding skills, steal blocker skills all are 0 %

shooting 60% from the field 10% from 3 point line and 75% from free throw

getting ps3 this summer will be playing nba 2k11 then ill get real stats

NY-Knicks
05-03-2010, 09:32 AM
What exactly or how exactly are you getting such ridiculous numbers? I don't have my guy maxed out but I've got him up in the 90's in everything and don't even come close to numbers like that. I'll have the ocassional 30/15/15 game but not every time out.

It's really easy, I played nearly a full season with a point guard to know how to score, rebound etc.

First; My guy is 6'7 to grab all those rebounds. I chose athletic because vertical jumping ability is crucial for grabbing rebounds. Remember, I grab 20 boards a game so it works. Just go for every single rebound, especially offensively. If you set an on-ball screen on offense the guy most likely will pull up for a midrange jumper. Roll to the basket, grab the offensive rebound, pump fake once and lay it in.

Steals; This is really easy. When your team has scored they will try to give the ball to the point guard. Stand in the passing lane when he tries to take it out of bounds. He will immediatly pass it to the shooting guard. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH A BALL DOMINATING SG LIKE DWADE OR KOBE. Because once they get the ball they will dribble it up court and set up the offense. If it's some random sg stay in the passing lanes to prevent the shooting guard from passing to your point guard. He will either throw a longbomb pass upcourt once time expires or pass it to your guy. A simple push on the steal button and you've got yourself a steal and 2 points. It's that simple. Do this every time and you can get a lot of steals. I can get 10-15 a game while my steals rating is just 60.

assists; either do an isolation play, get inside and dish it off to a big man. Or play the pick an roll game, really easy to get assists that way.

points; I dont have a midrange jumper, a threepoint shot and my layups are terrible as well. Just a 60 dunk rating. You can occasionally get inside after running a pick and roll, and if you have a midrange jumper just pull up (need to be good off the dribble though). But where I get most of my points is by playing in the post, the fastbreak or isolations. I get lots of points from offensive rebounds (nearly 10 off. per game) and the steals. Posting up is simple since you have a small guy on you. Just back down a couple times, spin to the baseline, pump fake to avoid a stupid shot and lay it in. Easy.
On the fast break or during isolation start sprinting just before the defender closes in on you. He will be too slow to react, avoid the contact and get by him. He is now behind you, THIS IS PERFECT WHEN THEY PLAY FULL COURT DEFENSE and you can sprint up court. Multiple options; get inside and dunk, pass it to the big guy or to a wing for a three. Always get ready for an offensive rebound when you pass.

hopefully that will give you 50, 20, 20 and 10.lol. It takes time to know when to jump or get into the passing lanes. It wont work every time. Its a lot of running so make sure you play smart and have good stamina.

jroc20boys
05-03-2010, 10:39 AM
my 67 sg won mvp roy 6man and championship with the bobcats 2nd season i signed with the bulls were 22-2 or starters r d-rose
c-reed(me)
l-deng
c-boozer
j-noah
bench
s-nash
AI
j-johnson
t-tohmas
t-gibson
k-lowery
t-dogulas

im leading for mvp most improved player d-player and of course another ship i get 40.6ppg 10.4rpg 12.7apg 1.2spg 2.4bpg

NY-Knicks
05-03-2010, 10:54 AM
my 67 sg won mvp roy 6man and championship with the bobcats 2nd season i signed with the bulls were 22-2 or starters r d-rose
c-reed(me)
l-deng
c-boozer
j-noah
bench
s-nash
AI
j-johnson
t-tohmas
t-gibson
k-lowery
t-dogulas

im leading for mvp most improved player d-player and of course another ship i get 40.6ppg 10.4rpg 12.7apg 1.2spg 2.4bpg

I would have won the chip with the 76ers but it was boring after a while so started over. The season is too long :lol .
With that guy I had similar stats to you; 42 points, 11 rebounds, 13 assists, 2 steals and 1 block, shooting 64% from the field. I also had a 67 rating .

For some reason I am way better with the new player, probably the height difference. My pg on the Knicks shoots 75-80% from the field. Guess it's the shot selection.

NY-Knicks
05-03-2010, 10:55 AM
But aren't you getting bored from getting those stats every game and winning every game? I sure did.

SourPatchKids
05-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Right now i have a 64 overall power forward with the Hawks.

jroc20boys
05-03-2010, 02:38 PM
But aren't you getting bored from getting those stats every game and winning every game? I sure did.
this is my 2nd guy my first was a 6'7 sg after i lost 4-2 in the finals i was wit denver i signed with okc won 2 ships then signes with the nest after a 30-0 i made the guy i got now and after another ship im going to start over this time with a 6'9 sf with the hawks

Button
05-06-2010, 06:26 AM
started sucking past 4 games, avaraged like 17 ppg and 5apg, on bad shooting games btw, i got 50 3 points atm, what should i get to hit a open 3 once in a while 60 - 70?

NY-Knicks
05-06-2010, 06:33 AM
started sucking past 4 games, avaraged like 17 ppg and 5apg, on bad shooting games btw, i got 50 3 points atm, what should i get to hit a open 3 once in a while 60 - 70?

why shoot threes? upgrading that attribute is expensive while it is really easy to get open midrange jumpers and lay-ups (which can be upgraded very easily)? Just play the pick and roll game, no need to shoot threes until your player is too good for his opposition.

Button
05-06-2010, 06:42 AM
why shoot threes? upgrading that attribute is expensive while it is really easy to get open midrange jumpers and lay-ups (which can be upgraded very easily)? Just play the pick and roll game, no need to shoot threes until your player is too good for his opposition.

already got mid range 85 and layup 85 and dunk 70, i get open alot, i think it could something extra to my game,
also i play on computer and only use 5 keys space for passing, e for run boost, q for crossover w for shoot and r for spin, so cant use alot of keys, kidna lame

KG215
05-09-2010, 08:14 PM
NY-Knicks, I took a page out of your book. I created a 6'7" athletic PG. Got drafted by the Lakers and made it through training camp. I'm up to 21 mpg, so basically I'm the 7th man. I'm averaging 14/4/3.4. I just had a 24/9/7 game. I'm a 49 overall but am still putting up great numbers in limited minutes.

Button
05-10-2010, 07:36 AM
update: avaraged 22 ppg and 4apg and 1rpg on 50% shooting and 71% from ft got put back to dleague again, now got 10 day contract with jazz again, and my minutes are way low now, still avaraging 15ppg 1rpg 2apg.

51 overal, got midrange to 90

NY-Knicks
05-10-2010, 08:53 AM
NY-Knicks, I took a page out of your book. I created a 6'7" athletic PG. Got drafted by the Lakers and made it through training camp. I'm up to 21 mpg, so basically I'm the 7th man. I'm averaging 14/4/3.4. I just had a 24/9/7 game. I'm a 49 overall but am still putting up great numbers in limited minutes.

You will get a better hold of it once you play it more like this.
Thats still nice numbers in such a short amount of playing time.

NY-Knicks
05-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Have played 10 games with my player in the League now. Starting point guard.

Leads the league in ppg, apg and fg%.
31.9 points, 11.8 assists, 11.2 rebounds, 1.5 steals and 1.2 blocks per game shooting .727 from the field.
Have won all the games by an average margin of 30 points. :roll: Number one offensive team in the L, also lead all the teams in FG%, rebounds, assists, allow the least amount of turnovers and commit the lowest amount of fouls per game. And the Knicks are the third best defensive team. Am not the current Knicks but have traded some players who I want to come here in the summer before I started.

I am already above some of my averages that I got with the other player, who had a rating of 67 (this player now has a rating of 51).

KG215
05-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm 10 games into the regular season with the Lakers. In my first three games I only got a total of 28 minutes of PT, so those games are really bringing down my averages.

Since then, though, I've gone off as my minutes have increased. I got put in the starting lineup for game 8.

Game 4: 18 min, 24 pts, 9 reb, 7 asts, 1 stl, 1 blk
Game 5: 26 min, 41 pts, 5 reb, 7 asts, 2 stl
Game 6: 27 min, 39 pts, 8 reb, 10 asts, 3 stl, 1 blk
Game 7: 32 min, 50 pts, 7 reb, 12 asts, 1 stl, 1 blk
Game 8: 32 min, 65 pts, 11 reb, 10 asts, 5 stl, 2 blk
Game 9: 32 min, 52 pts, 13 reb, 10 asts, 2 blk
Game 10: 29 min, 48 pts, 15 reb, 12 asts, 1 stl, 1 blk
Game 11: 34 min, 40 pts, 9 reb, 12 asts, 2 stl
Game 12: 30 min, 52 pts, 12 reb, 11 asts, 1 stl, 2 blk

So, in those 9 games here are my averages:

28.9 mpg
45.7 ppg
9.9 rpg
10.1 apg
1.8 spg
1.1 bpg
3.5 topg
62.1% FG

Overall in all 12 games:

23.0 mpg
35.2 ppg
7.7 rpg
7.8 apg
1.2 spg
0.8 bpg
2.8 topg
61.1 FG%
76.1 FT%

butt
05-12-2010, 03:22 AM
I'm 10 games into the regular season with the Lakers. In my first three games I only got a total of 28 minutes of PT, so those games are really bringing down my averages.

Since then, though, I've gone off as my minutes have increased. I got put in the starting lineup for game 8.

Game 4: 18 min, 24 pts, 9 reb, 7 asts, 1 stl, 1 blk
Game 5: 26 min, 41 pts, 5 reb, 7 asts, 2 stl
Game 6: 27 min, 39 pts, 8 reb, 10 asts, 3 stl, 1 blk
Game 7: 32 min, 50 pts, 7 reb, 12 asts, 1 stl, 1 blk
Game 8: 32 min, 65 pts, 11 reb, 10 asts, 5 stl, 2 blk
Game 9: 32 min, 52 pts, 13 reb, 10 asts, 2 blk
Game 10: 29 min, 48 pts, 15 reb, 12 asts, 1 stl, 1 blk
Game 11: 34 min, 40 pts, 9 reb, 12 asts, 2 stl
Game 12: 30 min, 52 pts, 12 reb, 11 asts, 1 stl, 2 blk

So, in those 9 games here are my averages:

28.9 mpg
45.7 ppg
9.9 rpg
10.1 apg
1.8 spg
1.1 bpg
3.5 topg
62.1% FG

Overall in all 12 games:

23.0 mpg
35.2 ppg
7.7 rpg
7.8 apg
1.2 spg
0.8 bpg
2.8 topg
61.1 FG%
76.1 FT%

put up ur diff lvl, cous thats kinda bs stats for a low skilled pg

ukballer
05-12-2010, 06:52 AM
put up ur diff lvl, cous thats kinda bs stats for a low skilled pg

Erm, what diff level? As far as I know there isn't one.

butto
05-12-2010, 07:27 AM
ow ok:P. but i would get bored putting up those numbers, i mean if ur rating is like 85 or smth, then getting good numbers, would be more explainable

NY-Knicks
05-12-2010, 09:35 AM
yeah it does get boring. KG215 what is your team record? Thats very nice numbers though, well done.

jasonresno
05-12-2010, 10:27 AM
So I'm having a wierd time playing the game. I don't have XBOX LIVE so I created an all around PG and was put into the summer leagues (no draft combine). I played through 15 or so games and got picked up by the Hawks. However, when I came up (with a 48 rating or something like that) Woodson immediately puts me in the starting rotation and I'm averaging something close to 35 minutes a game (11 minute quarters). Is there any reason I was immediately put into the starting rotation (ahead of Bibby and Teague)? I'm not complaining but I was looking forward to earning the starting spot.

So far in the season:

35 games
24 games started
35 mpg
20 PPG
4 RPG
6.5APG

on 42% shooting. However the Hawks, in game, absolutely suck and we're like 12 games under .500.

KG215
05-12-2010, 02:49 PM
yeah it does get boring. KG215 what is your team record? Thats very nice numbers though, well done.

We're 14-1. Only loss was in the third game when I was got like 11 or 12 minutes of PT.

And it is getting a little boring putting up those numbers. However, I'm bored with almost everything else on 2K. I'm broke, have one other game, can't afford anything else right now, and am going to be gone working most of the summer anyway. So this is just something to pass the time until I leave.

KG215
05-12-2010, 06:59 PM
So I'm having a wierd time playing the game. I don't have XBOX LIVE so I created an all around PG and was put into the summer leagues (no draft combine). I played through 15 or so games and got picked up by the Hawks. However, when I came up (with a 48 rating or something like that) Woodson immediately puts me in the starting rotation and I'm averaging something close to 35 minutes a game (11 minute quarters). Is there any reason I was immediately put into the starting rotation (ahead of Bibby and Teague)? I'm not complaining but I was looking forward to earning the starting spot.

So far in the season:

35 games
24 games started
35 mpg
20 PPG
4 RPG
6.5APG

on 42% shooting. However the Hawks, in game, absolutely suck and we're like 12 games under .500.

I don't know. I know that after 4 or 5 games I was put in the starting lineup, but I haven't been the full time starter. Some games Fisher still starts. Then, out of nowhere, last game Patty Mills started. I wasn't even aware we had picked him up. It didn't make much sense to me since we already had myself, Fisher, and Farmar at PG. I guess one of Fisher or Farmar could have gotten hurt and I just didn't realize it.

KG215
05-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Some things that I find a little head scratching but I'm sure it happens to everyone.

I'm averaging 40.6 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 8.8 apg, 1.6 spg, 1.1 bpg, 63.2% FG on the season. However, when you look at the All-Star votes, I'm not anywhere on the list of PG's who are receiving votes. Which pretty much means that I'm not even considered one of the 10 best PG's in the West on the year.

And despite those numbers I didn't even win Western Conference Rookie or Player of the month for November. I'm pretty sure if someone puts up a 40/8/8 month in real life they would win player of the month. I did win player of the week 2 weeks in a row, though.

jasonresno
05-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Some things that I find a little head scratching but I'm sure it happens to everyone.

I'm averaging 40.6 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 8.8 apg, 1.6 spg, 1.1 bpg, 63.2% FG on the season. However, when you look at the All-Star votes, I'm not anywhere on the list of PG's who are receiving votes. Which pretty much means that I'm not even considered one of the 10 best PG's in the West on the year.

And despite those numbers I didn't even win Western Conference Rookie or Player of the month for November. I'm pretty sure if someone puts up a 40/8/8 month in real life they would win player of the month. I did win player of the week 2 weeks in a row, though.
I'm kinda on the same page here though I wonder if it's relevant to amount of games played? I was looking at the ROTY list and I'm not even on it even though I have OK #s. I was wondering if it was only because I've only played in 36 games and everyone else has played in 60+. I dig it, just some times I spend time scratching my head.

KG215
05-13-2010, 01:21 AM
I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it. I wouldn't think # of games would have anything to do with it. I've played in every game so far.

NY-Knicks
05-13-2010, 07:47 AM

Some things are weird, I know. With my other pg I started to get ASG votes in december and became second. The coaches voted me in as the first pg off the bench. However I got no points for making the All-Star team. Also when all of the sudden someone else starts, stop that particular game and start it again. You should be in the starting lineup. It's hard to win player/rookie of the month, I know. I once had a month where I averaged big time numbers, Javaris f-ckin Crittenton was player of the month and I did not win Rookie of the month.

KG215
05-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, Vladimir Radmonivic just won player of the week. I think he averaged 2.5/3/2 for the week. Made perfect sense.

Lancerballer21
05-13-2010, 08:38 PM
How do u guys average so many points. My guy averages like 10, and he is a 58 ovr athletic sf?

KG215
05-13-2010, 08:53 PM
I've tried being an "athletic" player at other positions and it just doesn't work when it comes to scoring points. The reason it's so easy with the PG is because you have the ball in your hands so often. At any other position you have to hope one of your teammates passes you the ball, and you can get bad marks for "excessive call for ball" if you try calling for the ball.

I'm two weeks into December, now, averaging 43/9/9, and I'm still not receiving All-Star votes.

I've also found out, no matter who the opposing PG is (good or bad 3pt shooter) the only way to make him miss a three is if you contest it. They NEVER miss a wide open three or even a three where I'm standing in front of him but just don't get a hand up.

jasonresno
05-14-2010, 12:23 AM
I've tried being an "athletic" player at other positions and it just doesn't work when it comes to scoring points. The reason it's so easy with the PG is because you have the ball in your hands so often. At any other position you have to hope one of your teammates passes you the ball, and you can get bad marks for "excessive call for ball" if you try calling for the ball.

I'm two weeks into December, now, averaging 43/9/9, and I'm still not receiving All-Star votes.

I've also found out, no matter who the opposing PG is (good or bad 3pt shooter) the only way to make him miss a three is if you contest it. They NEVER miss a wide open three or even a three where I'm standing in front of him but just don't get a hand up.
What sliders are you using? I've got mine tweaked to near perfection. Every game is close (anywhere from 85-110 pts per team) both teams tend to shoot around the mid 40% and for the most part the 3s are kept in check pretty well.

I play PG and I'm always leaving my guy to help defend in the post (Josh Smith gets pushed around in this game) and I'd say probably only 2 or 3 times in 10 will the PG I leave to help defend sink a 3.

1manfastbreak
05-14-2010, 01:39 AM

do you play on like 10 min quarters or something? i avg. 20.5 pts 9 asst and 6 rbs athletic pg my dude has stoooopid bounce lol i play on 5 min quarters tho

KG215
05-14-2010, 02:05 PM
jasonresno, I play on the default sliders. I knew you couldn't change the difficulty level so I assumed you couldn't mess with the sliders in My Player mode.

And I play 9 minute quarters, just like in association mode. That would explain the discrepancy inour numbers. The very first MMy Player I did was before the patch, so I played on 5 minute quarters as well, and the best I could usually do is 30/7/7, and that was on a really good day.

KG215
05-15-2010, 05:19 AM
I just put up an epic 1st quarter. I decided to play a stat stuffing game so I'm on 12 min quarters.

I put up 23 pts, 8 reb, 5 asts, 2 stls, 2 blk in the first quarter against the Bulls.

KG215
05-15-2010, 06:55 AM
I wish I could go back and replay the first 3 or 4 games of the season where I was only getting 7-10 minutes per game.

In 20 games since, though, I'm putting up ridiculous numbers...

30.3 mpg, 55.0 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 10.5 apg, 2.3 spg, 1.7 bpg, 3.5 topg, 66.5 FG%

On the season I'm averaging...
26.7 mpg, 47.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 9.2 apg, 1.9 spg, 1.4 bpg, 3.1 topg, 65.9 FG%

I'm leading the league in scoring by 18.3 ppg, 27th in rebounding, 5th in assists, 14th in assists, and 1st in FG%.

I have a PER of 68.6. Second is LeBron with a 32.4.

I've been spending points on FT quite a bit lately because through the 1st 10 games or so I was only shooting something like 65% from the line on the year. However, I've got my % up to. 76.7% since then.

My best game to date...
36 min, 64 pts, 14 rebounds, 15 assists, 5 steals, 6 blocks, 72.1% FG

NY-Knicks
05-15-2010, 07:30 AM
I use 12 minute quarters but still only average 26/27 minutes a game for the season. Haven't played many games though. The reason I get these minutes is because we always play in blowouts, the game is over at halftime so you get taken out of the game after every call in the second half. That really sucks because I might have a great statistical game in the first half and then I hardly get playing time in the second. Another problem is the stamina, my guy is f-ckin' tired after one quarter which limits my effectiveness because I count a lot of speed and jumping ability.

for the free throws, use the Kobe one (I have the same routine, thats why I chose it, but it is easy as well), my ft rating is 52 and I shoot nearly 78% from the line (not precisely).

I hate it when I leave my guy to help or grab the board and they pass it to him for an open trey. That is the reason the opposing point guard often manages to get 15 points a game on an average day (not often above 35/40% from the field though, so that is pretty good). But because I always contest the shots in the beginning of games they have terrible games, I love that.

I am first getting my defensive and rebound ratings as high as I can because I can score, that is not the problem. I believe my overall rating is 52, rebound is 80 and defense is 66.

KG215
05-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah I'm working on rebounding a little bit as well, too. I'm up to a 62 overall now.

It's so annoying how on every dead ball in the 2nd half they sub you in and out. There's been a few times where I got subbed back into the game during FT's, then after the FT's my opponent would get the ball across half-court and call a timeout, and I was taken out again. Just play me the first 5-8 minutes of the 3rd and 4th quarter and let me sit out the rest. Or let me play 2-4 minutes, take a breather, then play another 2-4. It's one of the most annoying things about My player mode that didn't get fixed with the patch.

I've had some halves where I played (usually on 9 or 10 minute quarters) all but 2 minutes, will have a line like 40/9/8 at halftime, then play aybe 8-10 minutes in the second half. Sometimes I don't mind when games don't turn into blowouts.

KG215
05-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Just played a game where something really weird happened.

I was in the starting lineup but after the 1st dead ball in the 1st quarter I was taken out of the game, and didn't come back in until there was only 5 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. I start back in the second half, play until the first dead ball, get taken out, and never re-enter the game. So frustrating. After it happened the first time, I quite and restarted the game, it happened again, so I quit again. After it happened the 3rd time I forgot about it and went ahead and played it out.

In 12 minute quarters...

11 min, 24 pts, 4 asts, 8 reb, 2 stl, 1 blk, 11/16

Since I've been averaging around 30 mpg for the last 20 games or so, I can't understand why all of a sudden I would only get 1/3 of that in a game.

ETA: That's two games in a row.
12 min, 20 pts, 4 asts, 6 reb, 1 stl, 8/18

We lost that game to the Pistons, and the game before we only won by 5. Yet, the games I get 28+ minutes we win by 25+. Makes perfect sense.

1manfastbreak
05-15-2010, 07:46 PM
kg215 if you stand in front of the pg of the other team when they inbound it you can get a pretty easy shot at a steal every time.

thebirdman
05-15-2010, 09:15 PM
for rebounding i would also recommend upping your vertical, i think vertical actually helps with a lot of things, rebounds, blocks, layups and dunk. i haven't upped my block at all, but i average a block a game as a 6'1" pg.

KG215
05-15-2010, 10:01 PM
kg215 if you stand in front of the pg of the other team when they inbound it you can get a pretty easy shot at a steal every time.

Yeah I don't usually have a problem getting steals. When I was getting my 28-32 mpg I was getting 3-5 steals every game. Sometimes I'd miss when I pressed the steal button and other times after a made shot the computer would automatically send my guy back down the floor, and by the time I could get him back down by the other PG it would be too late. I try and do it after every made basket though.

KG215
05-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Still not getting the minutes I want but I finally got put back in the starting lineup.

Just put up 26 pts, 10 reb, 6 asts, 2 stl, 2 blk in the first quarter.

thebirdman
05-16-2010, 10:41 AM
i cant work out how to hit those numbers, i just cant score that much, are all your points layups? do you take many mid-range jumpers and 3's, do you get to the line a lot?

steals in particular i just cant do, i get 1 a game just slapping it out of the pg's hands or pressuring him down the court and forcing him to fumble, but i can never intercept passes. oh and 26 points in 1 quarter? that's my game high. i average 11 assists, but i have dwight howard. plus VC, jeff green, pietrus and lewis are all good shooters so 11 assists with the magic is probably not special.

this game is seriously inconsistent, though. you put up huge numbers and struggle with minutes and starting games. this is my first 2k game and i'm still pretty terrible at it, with horrible numbers compared to most of you, but i didn't have to go to the d-league. went straight to the magic. took jameer nelson's starting spot after about 6 games and played ~42mins pg since then and they traded nelson to the thunder for jeff green. wild speculation, but could your varying minutes have anything to do with the laker system? seems unlikely, but it's my only guess. or maybe you should try playing worse, works for me.

NY-Knicks
05-16-2010, 11:14 AM
i cant work out how to hit those numbers, i just cant score that much, are all your points layups? do you take many mid-range jumpers and 3's, do you get to the line a lot?

steals in particular i just cant do, i get 1 a game just slapping it out of the pg's hands or pressuring him down the court and forcing him to fumble, but i can never intercept passes. oh and 26 points in 1 quarter? that's my game high. i average 11 assists, but i have dwight howard. plus VC, jeff green, pietrus and lewis are all good shooters so 11 assists with the magic is probably not special.

this game is seriously inconsistent, though. you put up huge numbers and struggle with minutes and starting games. this is my first 2k game and i'm still pretty terrible at it, with horrible numbers compared to most of you, but i didn't have to go to the d-league. went straight to the magic. took jameer nelson's starting spot after about 6 games and played ~42mins pg since then and they traded nelson to the thunder for jeff green. wild speculation, but could your varying minutes have anything to do with the laker system? seems unlikely, but it's my only guess. or maybe you should try playing worse, works for me.

It's really easy, I played nearly a full season with a point guard to know how to score, rebound etc.

First; My guy is 6'7 to grab all those rebounds. I chose athletic because vertical jumping ability is crucial for grabbing rebounds. Remember, I grab 20 boards a game so it works. Just go for every single rebound, especially offensively. If you set an on-ball screen on offense the guy most likely will pull up for a midrange jumper. Roll to the basket, grab the offensive rebound, pump fake once and lay it in.

Steals; This is really easy. When your team has scored they will try to give the ball to the point guard. Stand in the passing lane when he tries to take it out of bounds. He will immediatly pass it to the shooting guard. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH A BALL DOMINATING SG LIKE DWADE OR KOBE. Because once they get the ball they will dribble it up court and set up the offense. If it's some random sg stay in the passing lanes to prevent the shooting guard from passing to your point guard. He will either throw a longbomb pass upcourt once time expires or pass it to your guy. A simple push on the steal button and you've got yourself a steal and 2 points. It's that simple. Do this every time and you can get a lot of steals. I can get 10-15 a game while my steals rating is just 60.

assists; either do an isolation play, get inside and dish it off to a big man. Or play the pick an roll game, really easy to get assists that way.

points; I dont have a midrange jumper, a threepoint shot and my layups are terrible as well. Just a 60 dunk rating. You can occasionally get inside after running a pick and roll, and if you have a midrange jumper just pull up (need to be good off the dribble though). But where I get most of my points is by playing in the post, the fastbreak or isolations. I get lots of points from offensive rebounds (nearly 10 off. per game) and the steals. Posting up is simple since you have a small guy on you. Just back down a couple times, spin to the baseline, pump fake to avoid a stupid shot and lay it in. Easy.
On the fast break or during isolation start sprinting just before the defender closes in on you. He will be too slow to react, avoid the contact and get by him. He is now behind you, THIS IS PERFECT WHEN THEY PLAY FULL COURT DEFENSE and you can sprint up court. Multiple options; get inside and dunk, pass it to the big guy or to a wing for a three. Always get ready for an offensive rebound when you pass.

hopefully that will give you 50, 20, 20 and 10.lol. It takes time to know when to jump or get into the passing lanes. It wont work every time. Its a lot of running so make sure you play smart and have good stamina.

there ya go.

Lancerballer21
05-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Still not getting the minutes I want but I finally got put back in the starting lineup.

Just put up 26 pts, 10 reb, 6 asts, 2 stl, 2 blk in the first quarter.

What difficulty do you play on?

1manfastbreak
05-16-2010, 03:18 PM
What difficulty do you play on?

you cant change the difficulty, only the qtr min

KG215
05-17-2010, 05:19 AM
I'm finally in the All-Star voting (currently 6th in West PG's) and won rookie and player of the month for the month of December.

December numbers...

26.5 mpg, 53.4 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 9.2 apg, 2.4 spg, 1.8 bpg, 2.9 topg, 69.1 FG%

KG215
05-18-2010, 04:43 AM
I've decided being a SG wouldn't be that bad. I'm almost positive I'd lead the league in scoring/assists/rebounds and steal. I could probably average 4 or 5 steals per game. The last thre games I've spent 3-5 minutes at SG (1st time all year) and getting steals is a piece of cake. The PG will bring the ball down, stop at the top of the key, dribble for a few seconds, and eventually try to pass to the SG on the wing. All you have to do is stand between the PG and SG, press square as soon as the PG passes it, and you've got an easy steal AND assist with the outlet pass. First game I got put at SG for a few minutes I had 5 steals that lead to 4 assists in what was probably or 8 possessions at SG. Next game, same thing. Four or five steals leading directly to four or five assists.

Wish they'd play me a little more at PG.

I also finally got something I had been shooting for all season long. A 1st half triple-double. Despite some of those 20/8/6 type 1st quarters, I usually sit out too long in the 2nd quarter to get the 1st half triple double. Last game I had 46/10/10 at halftime, and finished with 75/16/14 after sitting out most of the 4th quarter.

And one last thing...

My last two games:

32 min, 75 pts, 14 reb, 16 assts, 3 stl, 2 blk, 37/46, 80.3 FG%
35 min, 72 pts, 16 reb, 15 assts, 2 stl, 2 blk, 31/43, 72.1 FG%

Lancerballer21
05-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Ok' on sunday i was playong the wizards and i had my best game ever, career high 31 pts, 14 rebs, and 4 assts, and we lost...by 20.

I dont get it its not like im on a bad team, (the Trailblazers) but we seem to be very inconsistant we won @ cavs and lakers and then we lose at home to the timberwolves... i dont get it, ive kinda just given up on the win loss thing, and imma start going just for stats.

KG215
05-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Ok' on sunday i was playong the wizards and i had my best game ever, career high 31 pts, 14 rebs, and 4 assts, and we lost...by 20.

I dont get it its not like im on a bad team, (the Trailblazers) but we seem to be very inconsistant we won @ cavs and lakers and then we lose at home to the timberwolves... i dont get it, ive kinda just given up on the win loss thing, and imma start going just for stats.

I've had that problem with players at a different position. I've figured out, that at PG, you have so much more control over the game. I can score whenever I want, penetrate and dump it off to a big, or kick it out to a shooter, and can control the tempo. At any other position you're at the mercy of your PG, and in some cases, a ball-dominant player ala Kobe, Wade, LeBron. The latter just depends on your team.

KG215
05-19-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm 40 games into the season, so about the halfway point. I'm working my way up the All-Star votes list and am really bringing up my season averages.

40 G, 26.3 mpg, 49.2 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 9.9 apg, 1.8 spg, 1.5 bpg, 2.8 topg, .684 FG%, 78.3 FT%

If you throw out the 1st four games where I barely played then my numbers look even better.

36 GP, 28.4 mpg, 53.4 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 10.7 apg, 2.0 spg, 1.7 bpg, 3.0 topg, 69.9 FG%

I've got a sick 5 game stretch going right now...

32 min, 75 pts, 14 reb, 15 asts, 2 stls, 1 blk, 2 to, 37/45
35 min, 72 pts, 16 reb, 15 asts, 3 stls, 2 blk, 3 to, 31/43
34 min, 76 pts, 18 reb, 12 asts, 2 stls, 2 blk, 2 to, 35/44
36 min, 69 pts, 12 reb, 20 asts, 3 stls, 3 blk, 7 to, 31/43
34 min, 57 pts, 18 reb, 11 asts, 2 stls, 3 blk, 3 to, 27/38

5 GP, 34.2 mpg, 69.8 ppg, 15.6 rpg, 14.6 apg, 2.4 spg, 2.2 bpg, 3.4 topg, 75.6 FG%

I spent forever on that last game trying to get to 10 assists. Guys kept on missing open jumpers or one of my bigs would catch the ball under the basket and kick it back out instead of going up for the shot. I was at 52 points after 3 quarters. Probably could've gone for 65+ but wouldn't have got the triple double.

Button
05-19-2010, 09:05 AM
once ur putting up those numbers, what is there left to do?

KG215
05-19-2010, 03:33 PM
once ur putting up those numbers, what is there left to do?

Nothing except win games. I've got 3 days left until I go out of town for two weeks, though, so I'll have plenty of time to not play and sort of get that itch back.

KG215
05-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I think it's about time to get back to playing something else for awhile. I just put up a near perfect game and can't really get much more out of it.

36 min, 106 pts, 15 rebs, 12 asts, 6 stls, 5 blk, 1 to, 50/58, 86.2 FG%

Lancerballer21
05-19-2010, 08:32 PM
I think it's about time to get back to playing something else for awhile. I just put up a near perfect game and can't really get much more out of it.

36 min, 106 pts, 15 rebs, 12 asts, 6 stls, 5 blk, 1 to, 50/58, 86.2 FG%

Holy sh*t...

KG215
05-20-2010, 01:00 AM
It was against the Cavs too. It worked out in the 4th quarter where I dind't get taken out with the rest of the starters at a dead ball because I got an and one and got to the line. That got me an extra 3-4 minutes in the 4th quarter. Since I usually have a 25+ point lead at halftime the CPU starts running subs in and out every dead ball. It gets very annoying. Sometimes I can go 3-5 minutes of game time between dead balls. Other times there will be 3 or 4 dead balls in 2 minutes, and every time a substitution is made.

I had just boosted my stamina and speed up a little bit from my last two games' worth of SP. So, I didn't get tired-which resulted in me getting slower as the game went on.

Button
05-20-2010, 03:38 AM
how many points you get after 1 game? i usually go from 900 till 1500 only playing 5min quarters

KG215
05-20-2010, 05:51 AM
Most games around 1,700. Some games I'll get in the 1,600's and others I'll get 1,800 plus. I've got my guy up to a 71 overall.

I'm playing 10 minute quarters, though.

Button
05-20-2010, 07:31 AM
i got 51 overall wich i think is pretty weird, got 98 mid range 70 close 70 inside 60 3 points 80 layup 70 dunk 71 speed 70 vertical 70 off dribble 60 in traffic and alot more 70's 60's :S

KG215
05-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Well, as an athletic PG, my speed, vert, and quickness all started out relatively high. The quickes way to up your overall rating is add to your offense and defense awareness ratings. However, those aren't categories that take a noticeable effect on the court. I started off with stamina, speed, an quickness. Then I worked on on ball defense, rebounding, and the ball handling categories.

Button
05-20-2010, 08:43 AM
yeah, im gonna take case of those now aswell, speed quickness vertical, devensive rebounding steal

KG215
05-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Just did something I never thought I would be able to do, and the one thing alluding me all season long. A quadruple-double.

67 pts, 14 reb, 12 asts, 10 stls

jasonresno
05-20-2010, 09:19 PM
To the poster at the top of the page: I get anywhere from 1000-2100 depending on how well I play/milestones/highlites.

Yesterday I was playing and hit a couple milestones (50th game played/1000th career point) as well as posting pretty good #s (21 pts, 5 rebs, 7 assists, 2 steals and good D) and ended up with like 5200 points. It was ridiculous.

I play 11 min Qs

KG215
05-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah I had a game where I hit 3 or 4 milestones, and on top of the 1,700 SP I got from game performance, I had 5,000+ points to spend. It's always nice to have that everyonce in a while.

Button
05-21-2010, 03:59 AM
thats nice!, last week i played such a bad game had score like D-, but i also had like 2 milestones, ended up with +100 points, was kinda lame :P cant wait till 2k11 comes out, ill buy and do 10 min quarters aswell, will be nice,

when its coming out ?

Button
05-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Btw nice on the quadruple dubble, had 1 almost once, with michael jordan association mode, 11 steals, 38 points, 15 rebounds, 9 ass

KG215
05-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks.

I've had a really nice 12 game stretch

35.3 mpg, 75.0 ppg, 13.7 rpg, 14.7 apg, 3.7 spg, 2.3 bpg, 3.3 topg, 73.2 FG%

On the season

27.6 mpg, 53.6 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 10.6 apg, 2.3 spg, 1.7 bpg, 2.9 topg, 69.1 FG%, 80.1 FT%
74.3 PER
63.7 EFF
15.2 PPR
70.7 TS%

I'm 1st in the MVP and ROY race and 3rd in Defensive Player of the Year race.

Lancerballer21
05-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Thanks.

I've had a really nice 12 game stretch

35.3 mpg, 75.0 ppg, 13.7 rpg, 14.7 apg, 3.7 spg, 2.3 bpg, 3.3 topg, 73.2 FG%

On the season

27.6 mpg, 53.6 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 10.6 apg, 2.3 spg, 1.7 bpg, 2.9 topg, 69.1 FG%, 80.1 FT%
74.3 PER
63.7 EFF
15.2 PPR
70.7 TS%

I'm 1st in the MVP and ROY race and 3rd in Defensive Player of the Year race.

Im starting now to get a lot better at defense. Plus whenever im defending an inbound on the side after a timeout, i almost always get a steal and then a breakaway score. All you have to do is spam Y when ur standing in front of the inbounder.

KG215
05-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Im starting now to get a lot better at defense. Plus whenever im defending an inbound on the side after a timeout, i almost always get a steal and then a breakaway score. All you have to do is spam Y when ur standing in front of the inbounder.

How tall are you?

I've actually done that a few times but it doesn't work too well for me if a guy that's 6'9" or taller is taking it out. Even at 6'7" I rarely get a hand on the inbound pass if the inbounder is that tall.

KG215
05-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Nothing like NOT winning player of the month when your team goes 17-0 and you put up these kind of numbers.

33.9 mpg, 71.3 ppg, 13.1 rpg, 14.1 apg, 3.5 spg, 2.3 bpg, 3.1 topg, 73.1 FG%

Lancerballer21
05-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Nothing like NOT winning player of the month when your team goes 17-0 and you put up these kind of numbers.

Haha that sucks.

My guy is 6'7" and it only works like 50% of the time, and i only do it when the man im covering is throwing the inbounds pass, so there isnt much of a size difference.

Im currently 2nd in the ROY race behind Tyreke, and i have been rising since i changed my quarter lengths from 5 to 10, so i think after a few more games ill be first.

Im averaging 11 pts, 7 rebs, and 5 asst shooting 44% (but all those are dramatically increasing since i changed the quarter length.)

Lancerballer21
05-22-2010, 08:09 PM

Haha that sucks.

My guy is 6'7" and it only works like 50% of the time, and i only do it when the man im covering is throwing the inbounds pass, so there isnt much of a size difference.

Im currently 2nd in the ROY race behind Tyreke, and i have been rising since i changed my quarter lengths from 5 to 10, so i think after a few more games ill be first.

Im averaging 11 pts, 7 rebs, and 5 asst shooting 44% (but all those are dramatically increasing since i changed the quarter length.)

DaKingz
05-26-2010, 12:22 AM
just went
2 year, pg, athletic

14 mpg, 30 ppg, 3 rpg, 11 apg, 10 spg, 1 bpg, 1 topg, FG%

Button
05-26-2010, 05:02 AM
best game in a long time, 24 points 8 rebs, 5 ass 2 stls 1 to and like 55+% shooting

on around 15 mins of play

NY-Knicks
05-26-2010, 11:02 AM
19 games into the season my player is named Eastern Conference Player Of The Month and Rookie Of The Month.

42.6 ppg (1st)
13.3 rpg (3rd) 4.7 orpg (1st)
13.9 apg (1st)
3.2 spg (3rd)
2.5 bpg (5th)
31.5 mpg

.727% from the field
.500% from three
.820% from the free throw line

My player is actually in the race to become the starting point guard in the ASG.

Career highs
Assists: 29
Rebounds: 24
Steals: 9
Blocks: 7

Button
05-27-2010, 03:34 AM
yesterday had another dominating game, 24 points, 8 rebs 4 ass 2 blocks 100 % from free throw line, and 50 from field.
made the final layup got fouled on the play, went in +1

won with 2 point diff

8 rebs deosnt seem much but imn sg with low reb skills, avarage like 0.8 rebs this season.

ukballer
06-06-2010, 04:33 AM
Anyone else ever come across ridiculous front office decisions whilst playing My Player Mode?

My 6'1 PG made it to training camp with the Miami Heat, and I made it to the team pretty easily. However, the days when a player would get cut after each training camp match, the player in question would be a half decent role player.

On the training camp roster, there were 5 PGs. Rafer Alston, Mario Chalmers, Carlos Arroyo, Lindsey Hunter (why, I do not know...) and myself.

Common sense would suggest at least one of the PGs would get cut during one of the cuts, preferably two. However, the 4 players who were cut were Yakhouba Diawara (ok maybe understandable), James Jones (shouldn't have been cut), Jamaal Magloire (definitely shouldn't have been cut) and then another big, Maceo Baston. He was an understandable cut, but he was beasting in training camp!!!

So now the final roster trimmed to 15, has 5 PGs. ALL of which are at least on the bench. Joel Anthony and Melvin Ely are on the IR list.

Common sense fail?

KG215
06-07-2010, 02:11 PM
NY-Knicks, I wish my player could have gotten into ASG voting sooner. I ended up making the All-Star team but I only got to play the last 2:30 minutes of the 4th quarter.

We traded Andrew Bynum for Jeff Green (not sure why) and since the trade my minutes have gone down drastically...again. The last 5 games I've logged 13, 14, 18, 17, and 21 minutes respectively. I'm still averaging 58/11/11 on the year but the numbers are still dipping. I'd probably be having a 60/13/13/3/2 season if it wasn't for the 1st four games of the regular season where I was the 12th man, another 4 or 5 game stretch in the middle of the season where I only logged about 17 minutes per, and this current stretch where I'm only getting about 17 minutes per. I wish I could figure out why this happens periodically throughout the season.

KG215
06-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Finally, after a 5 game stretch, I got my usual minutes. I put up arguably my best 1st half of the year as well, which is saying a lot.

48 pts, 14 reb, 12 asts, 3 stls, 2 blk

I take that back. I got the minutes I normally get in the 1st half. I played 21 of a possible 24 minutes. In the second half, though, I only played 7 of a possible 24.

I still finished with good numbers

68 pts, 16 reb, 14 asts, 5 stl, 2 blk

Lancerballer21
06-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Finally, after a 5 game stretch, I got my usual minutes. I put up arguably my best 1st half of the year as well, which is saying a lot.

48 pts, 14 reb, 12 asts, 3 stls, 2 blk

I take that back. I got the minutes I normally get in the 1st half. I played 21 of a possible 24 minutes. In the second half, though, I only played 7 of a possible 24.

I still finished with good numbers

68 pts, 16 reb, 14 asts, 5 stl, 2 blk

The only of the stats i get close to is the rebs and blocks. i occasionaly get close to that in assists but thats it

KG215
06-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I've got my guy up to a 79 overall. My speed rating is at 93, quickness 92, and vertical 99, so grabbing boards and scoring at the rim is very easy.

JaE_BLiZZy
06-07-2010, 10:23 PM
HELP!! My coach doesnt make substitutions at all so we stay in the game with the staring lineup the whole game, not necessarily a bad thing but i want to play with other players on the team. Is this a glitch??

KG215
06-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Jae Bleezy, no idea. I've never had that problem.

How's this for a state line...through three quarters.

100 pts, 16 reb, 12 asts, 5 stl, 1 blk

I "only" finished with 110 pts, 20 reb, 14 asts, 5 stl, 1 blk, but that's because I only played a few minutes in the 4th quarter. We won 185-103.

Button
06-08-2010, 07:36 AM
im getting the feeling, everytime i make an assist or get a rebound, they sub me cous i degrade D.will and C.booz their stats

KG215
06-08-2010, 01:22 PM
20 games left in the regular season. I'm shooting for a 5,000 point season and am just barely off pace for that, but if I keep on putting up 70-100 point games I should do it rather easily.

My numbers

28.5 MPG
60.0 PPG (1st)
10.9 RPG (12th)
10.7 APG (1st)
2.7 SPG (1st)
1.7 BPG (27th)
.715 FG% (1st)
.820 FT% (30th)
84.01 PER (1st)

I could not score another point, grab another rebound, dish out another assist, etc. for the last 20 games and would still have sick numbers...

46.1 PPG
8.4 RPG
8.2 APG
2.1 SPG
1.3 BPG

KG215
06-09-2010, 01:31 AM
I took a two week hiatus thinking it'd make the game exciting again for awhile but it's already back to being non-challenging and mildly boring.

Put up another quadruple-double

105 pts, 12 reb, 12 asts, 12 stl

Also, I got jipped out of another player of the month award. I won player of the week all 4 weeks in February, but Dirk won player of the month. Makes perfect sense.

Button
06-09-2010, 05:18 AM
seriously cant understand how you can put up those stats, you play console or pc ?

Abd El-Krim
06-09-2010, 08:13 AM
I understand how he can, but don't understand why he wants to.

This game mode is way too easy to have any sort of long term appeal.

Button
06-09-2010, 08:16 AM

well i play pc, and use 9 buttons, 4 for each direction, 1 for pass 1 for shoot 1 for turbo 1 for crossover 1 for spin, so cant do alot of shit :(

UK-NJ
06-09-2010, 12:31 PM

This. You have to have self imposed rules to keep it remotely fresh.

KG215
06-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I don' know what kind of self-imposed rules to put on myself. I'm 68 games into the season, and at this point I'm really just playing to finish the season more than anything else. After that it'll be The Show until NCAA Football comes out.

UK-NJ
06-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, it's mainly to do with the upgrading of stats. Like in your rookie season, choose what sort of player you want to be & leave yourself with realistic weaknesses. Otherwise it's way too easy to put certain stats up & win every award in your rookie year. I had a PG save & once you have all the quickness/athleticism/dunk stats at a decent level, you can just sprint past the guy guarding you & go in for a dunk 9/10 seeing as the help D is non existent. Hopefully they'll let you edit the difficulty settings on 2k11!