PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 favorite basketball quotes of all time?

Yung D-Will
10-09-2009, 11:33 PM
"The time when there is no one to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
-Tim Duncan

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
-Michael Jordan

" Basketball isn't just played with X's and O's it's player with Trust and Confidence."
-Isiah Thomas

"Pressure can burst a pipe or pressure can make a diamond".
-Robert Horry[QUOTE]

simcjt
10-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Ron Artest
-Anything he says or Don't you know I'm Ron Artest

1987_Lakers
10-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Everybody pulls for David, nobody roots for Goliath. - Wilt Chamberlain

snipes12
10-09-2009, 11:40 PM
"im better than Mike"-kobe

Rekindled
10-09-2009, 11:43 PM
both teams played hard - sheed

Yung D-Will
10-09-2009, 11:47 PM

PistonsFan#21
10-09-2009, 11:53 PM
"I've got 11 rings B#tches!" - Bill Russel

Myth
10-09-2009, 11:56 PM
"Somebody's got to be me. Might as well be me." -Charles Barkley

HylianNightmare
10-10-2009, 12:08 AM
practice- allen iverson

InspiredLebowski
10-10-2009, 12:13 AM
"I ain't gettin on no time machine!" - ABAer Marvin Barnes when told his flight would leave at 8:30 and arrive at 8:00 (time zones).

west
10-10-2009, 12:28 AM
both teams played hard - sheed
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

magnax1
10-10-2009, 12:30 AM
"theres no AI in Practice!"-Iverson
"Thats just turrable!"-Barkley

nbastatus
10-10-2009, 12:40 AM

Connoisseur
10-10-2009, 12:43 AM
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess." - Kobe

lpublic_enemyl
10-10-2009, 01:34 AM
"the ball don't lie"- sheed

Manute for Ever!
10-10-2009, 02:53 AM
"We've turned this team around 360 degrees"
-Jason Kidd

"An open letter to Wilt Chump-erlain: You'll always be remembered as a whining cry-baby and a quitter."
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in his autobiography, "Kareem"

kshutts1
10-10-2009, 06:34 AM
It seems like only half of these are direct quotes... in the OP, is the MJ one even a quote? or is it just a saying on a poster? Doesn't sound like him.. sounds too... deep, I guess.

Anyway, my favorite is "Cuz there ain't no fours" -- 'Toine.

There are tons of good ones, though.. but that's probably the one.

Shepseskaf
10-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Well, we make a lot of money, but we spend a lot too. - Patrick Ewing

Samurai Swoosh
10-10-2009, 12:32 PM
"Its not the skill of the man, its the will of the man."

- Jake Shuttlesworth (He Got Game)

Rekindled
10-10-2009, 12:36 PM
how the hell do I make my teammates better by practicing -AI

ZaaaaaH
10-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Niqqa I got game - Melo

The_Yearning
10-10-2009, 06:09 PM
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess." - Kobe

when he said that.

"Jesus"
10-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Because there are no 4's - ANTOINE WALKER

andgar923
10-10-2009, 06:42 PM
It seems like only half of these are direct quotes... in the OP, is the MJ one even a quote? or is it just a saying on a poster? Doesn't sound like him.. sounds too... deep, I guess.

Anyway, my favorite is "Cuz there ain't no fours" -- 'Toine.

There are tons of good ones, though.. but that's probably the one.

You must've missed his HOF introduction closing line:

"Limits like fear are often an illusion" or whatever he said.

Fatal9
10-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I didn't know quotes Nike cooked up for a commercial could be attributed to the player. Basically the case for 95% of MJ's "insipiring" quotes (lol at anyone who gets inspired by them btw).

andgar923
10-10-2009, 06:55 PM
I didn't know quotes Nike cooked up for a commercial could be attributed to the player. Basically the case for 95% of MJ's "insipiring" quotes (lol at anyone who gets inspired by them btw).

You never disappoint :applause:

And.....

Where's your proof that Nike makes up quotes for MJ? and how do you know its not the other way around?

elementally morale
10-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I tell kids to pursue their basketball dreams, but I tell them to not let that be their only dream.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

elementally morale
10-10-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Shaquille O'Neal

:oldlol:

snipes12
10-10-2009, 07:15 PM
i want to be like mike - kobe

Big#50
10-10-2009, 09:27 PM
You never disappoint :applause:

And.....

Where's your proof that Nike makes up quotes for MJ? and how do you know its not the other way around?
Really?

JG000
10-10-2009, 09:31 PM
"It would have been nice if I could stay home in New York. But I'm going to make the best of my situation. I'm looking forward to it."

- Chris Mullin, Draft Day 1985

ZaaaaaH
10-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Yes Carmen tasted like strawberry with whip cream.

- Dennis Rodman

phoenix18
10-10-2009, 09:54 PM

NY Comeback
10-10-2009, 10:20 PM
"David Stern wonders why the League is losing money, that's why. People pay good money to come watch these athletes play and they try to take over the ****ing game" - Shaq

Reporter: Shaq, we're on live...

"I don't give a shit."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol:

Abraham Lincoln
10-10-2009, 11:06 PM
"An open letter to Wilt Chump-erlain: You'll always be remembered as a whining cry-baby and a quitter."

-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in his autobiography, "Kareem"

:violin:

Wilt simply was a more dominant player. He could pour on the offense to higher degrees than Kareem. Wilt is the greatest rebounder in history, and Kareem was a weak rebounder for his size. Wilt was a better passer, and I believe, a better defender. When Wilt was in his final 2 years, which corresponded with Kareem's 3rd and 4th year, Wilt was still making the first team all-defense over Kareem. None of this is a bag on Kareem, because I do believe Kareem is one of the 3 greatest centers in history, but he simply was no Wilt.

Some will try to bring up rings. This is a silly argument, since rings are a team achievement, but still, consider that during Kareem's first 10 years, he won 1 ring, and made the finals 3 times. When Wilt did this, fools call it "choking", but Kareem "didn't have the teammates." Frankly, if Kareem didn't have one of the 2 greatest point guards in history (Oscar Robertson or Magic Johnson), then his teams did extremely poorly. In 1975 and 1976, Kareem led them to losing records. In 1977, they were higher-seeded and got swept by Bill Walton's Traiblazers. In 1978, they were finished 4th place in the 5 team Pacific Division. In 1979, they finished 3rd in the 6th team Pacific Division. Did he have teammates? Well, in 1979, he had Norm Nixon, Adrian Dantley, and Jamaal Wilkes. Is that talent? So in the 5 seasons without Magic and Oscar, they won only 1 division title, and never won a game past the conference semi-finals. In 1980, Magic Johnson joined the Lakers, and they started winning titles. When Kareem retired in 1989, the Lakers replaced him with Vlade Divac and won 6 MORE games. Food for thought.

So did Kareem win titles? No. The Lakers (and Bucks) won titles. One man teams do not win titles.

Kareem did play longer, but does this make Robert Parish better than Kareem? No. Also, Kareem played less minutes than Wilt. Who couldn't play more games when they are pacing themselves? Kareem played 20 seasons to Wilt's 14. However, if you take Wilt's min/game and turn them into the number of games Kareem played, Wilt played the equivalent of 18 seasons! And consider, in Wilt's final season, he set a record for field goal percentage (72.7%), led the league in rebounds, and was first team all-defense (over Kareem). Wilt retired while he was still a star in the league. When Kareem retired, he wasn't even beating out backup Mychal Thompson in minutes. Kareem was a starter by title-only. He also hacked off Lakers' GM Jerry West by coming to work out of shape, and giving what was considered a half-hearted effort. You can read about this in Kareem's book Kareem. You can also read Kareem try to justify his poor work habit.

So once you slice through the superficial rhetoric, it comes down to who was the most dominant player and the answer was Wilt. He could fill any role on a team. Kareem could not. If you needed someone to focus on defense and clean the glass, Kareem couldn't do it.

Killbot
10-10-2009, 11:35 PM
"Stuff like that happens on teams all the time (verbal argument between Allen and Garnett). Different personalities. But Ray's to blame. He's crazy. One night he gets on the plane and says, 'Paul, you're in the wrong seat.' I told him, 'Man, there's a hundred seats open. Leave me alone.' " - Paul Pierce

"I walk in and say, 'Why are you parking in my spot? He (Antonio Daniels) is acting like he doesn't know what I am talking about."
"We are playing the Knicks that night. I think I had about 40 points, but I'm still mad. I'm at the free throw line and Daniels comes up to me and says, 'You need me to take that spot more often.' I hit the free throw, then turn to him and shout, 'You stay out of my spot!' " - Ray Allen

These crack me up.:oldlol:

kingchessking
10-11-2009, 03:57 AM
"I

sbw19
10-11-2009, 04:44 AM
"Who wants to sex Mutombo?"

Yung D-Will
10-11-2009, 05:38 AM
[QUOTE=kingchessking]"I

JG000
10-11-2009, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE=phoenix18]

snipes12
10-11-2009, 08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHuYek-firs&feature=related

"Fck u" - kg

Manute for Ever!
10-11-2009, 08:49 AM
:violin:

Wilt simply was a more dominant player. He could pour on the offense to higher degrees than Kareem. Wilt is the greatest rebounder in history, and Kareem was a weak rebounder for his size. Wilt was a better passer, and I believe, a better defender. When Wilt was in his final 2 years, which corresponded with Kareem's 3rd and 4th year, Wilt was still making the first team all-defense over Kareem. None of this is a bag on Kareem, because I do believe Kareem is one of the 3 greatest centers in history, but he simply was no Wilt.

Some will try to bring up rings. This is a silly argument, since rings are a team achievement, but still, consider that during Kareem's first 10 years, he won 1 ring, and made the finals 3 times. When Wilt did this, fools call it "choking", but Kareem "didn't have the teammates." Frankly, if Kareem didn't have one of the 2 greatest point guards in history (Oscar Robertson or Magic Johnson), then his teams did extremely poorly. In 1975 and 1976, Kareem led them to losing records. In 1977, they were higher-seeded and got swept by Bill Walton's Traiblazers. In 1978, they were finished 4th place in the 5 team Pacific Division. In 1979, they finished 3rd in the 6th team Pacific Division. Did he have teammates? Well, in 1979, he had Norm Nixon, Adrian Dantley, and Jamaal Wilkes. Is that talent? So in the 5 seasons without Magic and Oscar, they won only 1 division title, and never won a game past the conference semi-finals. In 1980, Magic Johnson joined the Lakers, and they started winning titles. When Kareem retired in 1989, the Lakers replaced him with Vlade Divac and won 6 MORE games. Food for thought.

So did Kareem win titles? No. The Lakers (and Bucks) won titles. One man teams do not win titles.

Kareem did play longer, but does this make Robert Parish better than Kareem? No. Also, Kareem played less minutes than Wilt. Who couldn't play more games when they are pacing themselves? Kareem played 20 seasons to Wilt's 14. However, if you take Wilt's min/game and turn them into the number of games Kareem played, Wilt played the equivalent of 18 seasons! And consider, in Wilt's final season, he set a record for field goal percentage (72.7%), led the league in rebounds, and was first team all-defense (over Kareem). Wilt retired while he was still a star in the league. When Kareem retired, he wasn't even beating out backup Mychal Thompson in minutes. Kareem was a starter by title-only. He also hacked off Lakers' GM Jerry West by coming to work out of shape, and giving what was considered a half-hearted effort. You can read about this in Kareem's book Kareem. You can also read Kareem try to justify his poor work habit.

So once you slice through the superficial rhetoric, it comes down to who was the most dominant player and the answer was Wilt. He could fill any role on a team. Kareem could not. If you needed someone to focus on defense and clean the glass, Kareem couldn't do it.

I don't have a beef with Wilt, Kareem does.

Micku
10-11-2009, 09:18 AM
"When you think of MJ, what is the first thing that come to your mind? Me. I know."~Steve Nash

"I'm just like you, only ten times better."~Steve Nash

Not a direct quote: "I hate when they talk to you in halftime or after the game. You are all sweaty and sound like an idiot. "~ Kobe Bryant

FlipBaller31
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
"How the hell can I make my teammates better by practice?" - The Answer

phoenix18
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
terrible quote, and it barely makes sense.

instead of addressing what's really sending a bad message to kids (the athlete's behavior), iverson dances around it and blames stern for enforcing a dress code.

pathetic.
It clearly makes sense. He is saying no matter how you dress, you cant change a person. Which is true. How that flew over your head? I dont know.

brooks_thompson
05-13-2010, 05:49 PM
if you're not going to compete, then i'll dominate you.

-michael jordan

Yung D-Will
05-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Second place just means you're the first loser
-Kobe Bryant

PowerGlove
05-13-2010, 05:56 PM
-Kobe Bryant
Pretty sure he stole that from Dale Earnhardt.

VishaltotheG
05-13-2010, 05:56 PM
"I just...um...didn't want to lose the game" -Derrick Rose, on tying Kareem Abdul Jabbar's 36 point rookie playoff debut

Yung D-Will
05-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Well yea except it's just stated differently

Second place is just the first place loser.
Dale Earnhardt

alwaysunny
05-13-2010, 06:02 PM
"Ball."

- Michael Jordan of Turkey

DirkNowitzki41
05-13-2010, 06:04 PM
"Ball."

- Michael Jordan of Turkey

lmao :lol

Yung D-Will
05-13-2010, 06:08 PM
They say Hard work beats talent,but talent doesn't work hard
-Kevin Durant

Harison
05-13-2010, 06:12 PM
"David Stern wonders why the League is losing money, that's why. People pay good money to come watch these athletes play and they try to take over the ****ing game" - Shaq

"I don't give a shit."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol:
Its not even full quote:

"I don't give a shit."

Reporter: I know!

:lol :roll:

Yung D-Will
05-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote:
........................"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

Quote:
"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

Quote:
"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

Quote:
"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

Quote:
"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

Quote:
"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

Quote:
"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

Quote:
I'll let them stand up and take responsibility for themselves."

Quote:
"We have to do some things. We need to make some changes."

Quote:
"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

Quote:
"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

Quote:
"I know I can recognize what to do, but I'm not sure they can."

Quote:
"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

Quote:
"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

Quote:
"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

Quote:
"Give me the fu*king ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

Quote:
"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

Quote:
"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

Quote:
"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

Quote:
"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

Quote:
"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

Quote:
"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

Quote:
"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

Quote:
"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

Quote:
"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

Quote:
"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue - AWESOME!

Quote:
"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"..........

Quote:
"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

Quote:
"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

Quote:
"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

Quote:
"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

Quote:
"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

Quote:
"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

All Jordan quotes

PowerGlove
05-13-2010, 06:17 PM
All Jordan quotes
:roll: :roll: :roll:

"they wont need to ticket to see you on the bench"

and

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there"

Pure lollage.

Yung D-Will
05-13-2010, 06:32 PM
"When I was young, I never wanted to leave the court until I got things exactly correct. My dream was to become a pro."

-Larry Bird

dajadeed
05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
"Better learn not to talk to me," Bryant said of Smith's jabbering. "You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out."

:applause:

crisoner
05-13-2010, 06:50 PM

Naw it's from this guy.

http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Ricky_Bobby_closeup.jpg

crisoner
05-13-2010, 06:55 PM
The real story is that I had unprotected sex. That's that. That's easy.

Magic Johnson

thejumpa
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Those Jordan quotes are priceless.....that's why he's the GOAT.

"That mother****er can't guard me"-KG almost every game when he scores on someone with his patent shoulder shake fadeaway

The Magic Man
05-13-2010, 07:21 PM
“Sam is an idiot. I-D-O-U-T. Idiot.” — Shaquille O’Neal, responding to Chicago Tribune columnist Sam Smith’s suggestion that the Miami Heat should trade the big man.

“I’ve had to overcome a lot of diversity.” — Drew Gooden, on the ups and downs of his NBA career.

“I don’t want to shoot my mouth in my foot, but those are games we can win.” –Sherman Douglas.

“It’s almost like we have ESPN.” — Magic Johnson, on his relationship with James Worthy.

“He’s one of the best power forwards of all-time. I take my hands off to him.” –- Scottie Pippen, on Tim Duncan.

“Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points, they almost always win.” — Doug Collins.

“Not really. I’m not a fan of Chinese food” — Bobby Simmons, on whether he’s looking forward to playing in Japan.

“Play some Picasso.” — Chris Morris, to a piano player while trying to impress a date.

“I can’t really remember the names of the clubs that we went to.” — Shaquille O’Neal, again, on whether he visited the Parthenon during his visit to Greece.

“I enjoyed the Luge.” — Michael Jordan, on his visit to some Paris Museum…unless, the Luge is a secret underground casino. Hmm, maybe this makes sense after all.

“I don’t see it happening unless every NBA player is given a stipend to buy clothes.” -Marcus Camby, on the NBA implementing a dress code.

“These people haven’t seen the last of my face. If I go down, I’m going down standing up.” — Chuck Person.

“Left hand, right hand, it doesn’t matter. I’m amphibious.” — Charles Shackleford.

“I don’t have the first clue who he is talking about, because all I worry about is Jerome.” - Jerome James, on Coach Nate McMillan’s comments about players on Seattle being selfish.

“We’re going to be in bed with each other. It’s like a marriage.” - Stephon Marbury, on his relationship with Jamal Crawford.

“I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score.” — Ricky Davis.

“Everything is magnetized by 10.” — Al Harrington, on handling the playoff pressure.

rfm767
05-13-2010, 07:23 PM
"Bang!, bang!, bang!!"

- Gilbert Arenas -

Yung D-Will
05-13-2010, 07:33 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/se6f6o.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/5w9npd.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/356dg.jpg

Quotes from the Top 9 players of all time

NY-Knicks
05-13-2010, 08:06 PM
They say Hard work beats talent,but talent doesn't work hard
-Kevin Durant

thats not his. :confusedshrug:

Yung D-Will
05-13-2010, 08:18 PM
thats not his. :confusedshrug:
I think it was this

"Working Hard beats great talent, when great talent fails to work hard"

NY-Knicks
05-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I think it was this

"Working Hard beats great talent, when great talent fails to work hard"

nah, he did say that quote but it is quite often used.

Yung D-Will
05-13-2010, 08:28 PM
nah, he did say that quote but it is quite often used.

O I guess lol.

Maize'N'Blue
05-13-2010, 09:01 PM
I got hops baby, I got hops!

-random player in He Got Game in the park

sannguyen19
05-13-2010, 09:07 PM
That shit aint mine....- Dirk Nowitzki

t-rex
05-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Nobody ever roots for Goliath."-Wilt Chamberlain

Batz
05-13-2010, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE]

Yung D-Will
05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/se6f6o.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/juacu0.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/356dg.jpg

Quotes from the Top 9 players of all time
bumpppppp

Jr Llaban
05-14-2010, 04:02 PM
bumpppppp
Other than the picture of quotes you posted, your post be on that 2k10 my player steez.

Michael Jordan quotes made my day, and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrOH-KHxXg0

"Bouff teams played hard, my man"

JMT
05-14-2010, 04:05 PM
"See? That's what happens when you've got slow foot quickness".

Hubie Brown referring to Bryant "Big Country" Reeves on a tv telecast

I heard it live and wrote it down. Still have it on a scrap of paper somewhere.

InspiredLebowski
05-14-2010, 04:07 PM
"When I was young, I never wanted to leave the court until I got things exactly correct. My dream was to become a pro."

-Larry Bird
I call bullshit. I've never heard Bird use the word "correct." It doesn't fit his southern Indiana vernacular. And I really don't think Bird ever gave a shit about being a pro.

Anyway: John Wall upon entering a party - "Who wants to suck my dick?" Allegedly.

Jr Llaban
05-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I call bullshit. I've never heard Bird use the word "correct." It doesn't fit his southern Indiana vernacular. And I really don't think Bird ever gave a shit about being a pro.

Anyway: John Wall upon entering a party - "Who wants to suck my dick?" Allegedly.
:roll:

Not true tho... :confusedshrug:

InspiredLebowski
05-14-2010, 04:10 PM
:roll:

Not true tho... :confusedshrug:
Have no idea if it is. A fellow poster said he heard it from one of his students he teaches at UK.

Yung D-Will
05-14-2010, 09:07 PM
I hustle because true passion is earned one practice at a time,I respect those who say without disipline there is no glory,I push to be at the top of my class not just at the top of my game, I play to make the last pass not just the final shot, I challenge those who say its about me and not about we, I win when we all do

-IHoops

Thats actually a great quote