PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k10 MY PLAYER MODE

ZaaaaaH
10-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Anyone Playing NBA 2k10 MY Player mode on PS3?

Samurai Swoosh
10-11-2009, 01:44 AM
No, I'm playing the superior NBA game aka NBA Live 2010. With it's more NBA like action, better player models, more accurate fine tuned details, smoother animations, better signature player shots, a sick an actual managable dribble controls, non glitchy animations and presentations, and down right better game from visuals to gameplay.

Don't buy into the hypebeasts. Who spout the same stuff every year. "2k this, 2k that" ...

Yes, there was a time when 2k was by far superior product, but that was when most kids here were looking up to their older siblings and what they liked, now they spit off the same things cause it sounds right or if its down right legit.

It's all the way LIVE for me this year.

And I copped both (kept the 2k10 slip cover though, gotta love having my boy on the cover in eye popping visuals in 3d)

Solid Snake
10-11-2009, 01:49 AM
No, I'm playing the superior NBA game aka NBA Live 2010. With it's more NBA like action, better player models, more accurate fine tuned details, smoother animations, better signature player shots, a sick an actual managable dribble controls, non glitchy animations and presentations, and down right better game from visuals to gameplay.

Don't buy into the hypebeasts. Who spout the same stuff every year. "2k this, 2k that" ...

Yes, there was a time when 2k was by far superior product, but that was when most kids here were looking up to their older siblings and what they liked, now they spit off the same things cause it sounds right or if its down right legit.

And I copped both (kept the 2k10 slip cover though, gotta love having my boy on the cover in eye popping visuals in 3d)

Out of all the positives you just named out of Live (I'm not gonna dispute them), how can you name the graphics as being superior? They look like shiny plastic dolls.

Samurai Swoosh
10-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Out of all the positives you just named out of Live (I'm not gonna dispute them), how can you name the graphics as being superior? They look like shiny plastic dolls.
Really?

Live has always had better graphics. Their players are built proportionately LIKE NBA players. Whodda thunk it?

In 2k for sometime now they've been built like rotund fullbacks in football. It's emberassing.

If you'eve ever been to an NBA game, seen basketball players in person, you'd know they're not built like this ... they are long. Long arms, long legs, skinny legs, etc. In fact when you see alot of them in person you'd think their legs are disgustingly thin, and wonder how they manage jumping so high with seemingly no built calf muscles. Kobe? T-Mac? VC? Jordan? RAIL thin chicken legs. In 2k everyone is built like fullbacks. With kanckles and fat legs, stubby arms ... it's weird looking.

As for the skin and "plasticy" look? Are you serious? Live looks life like ... where as the 2k player models look casper the friendly ghost like in comparison. See through, almost hallow with no sort of precense or weight to them.

dyna
10-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Really?

Live has always had better graphics. Their players are built proportionately LIKE NBA players. Whodda thunk it?

In 2k for sometime now they've been built like rotund fullbacks in football. It's emberassing.

If you'eve ever been to an NBA game, seen basketball players in person, you'd know they're not built like this ... they are long. Long arms, long legs, skinny legs, etc. In fact when you see alot of them in person you'd think their legs are disgustingly thin, and wonder how they manage jumping so high with seemingly no built calf muscles. Kobe? T-Mac? VC? Jordan? RAIL thin chicken legs. In 2k everyone is built like fullbacks. With kanckles and fat legs, stubby arms ... it's weird looki
As for the skin and "plasticy" look? Are you serious? Live looks life like ... where as the 2k player models look casper the friendly ghost like in comparison. See through, almost hallow with no sort of precense or weight to them.
:hammerhead:

visirale
10-11-2009, 02:45 AM
I just played both demos again and Live certainly does have better in game graphics. 2k has FANTASTIC graphics during the closeups and CG shots, but during the actual game, it looks like last-gen graphics. The crowd and arena are also markedly better in live.

I still think passing is a lot better in live. The deeper franchise mode is making me consider 2k though... it's such a hard decision between the two.

New Jazzy Nets
10-11-2009, 05:00 AM
what did live do this year? cliam to fix their ****tyness from years past? added the in season thing on franchise to play games the same day? the same thing that 2k has? Now 2k does have some annoying glitches. But its still the better game. Play what you want, let me know when you drop 5 bucks for the replacement refs DLC.

1987_Lakers
10-11-2009, 05:01 AM
Live is solid this year, but 2k10 is still the better game.

ZaaaaaH
10-11-2009, 05:10 AM
Live is for little kids who does not know anything about basketball. Live is just like showtime but with 5 people and rules.

2k10 is Sick! If you a real baller that plays real ball then you get this.

Now back to my question WHO HAS 2k10 for PS3 and playing My PLAYER MODE?

beeboywhoo
10-11-2009, 05:19 AM
umm anyways back to the thread, i play myplayer mode im stuck 10 games into the dakota wizards d league =\ my average is a A on the team

averagin 14ppg, 1.4 assists, 4 rebounds

and thats with 5 minute quarters

blackification
10-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Man I have a 7-5 300 pound center with rating of 51 and I averaged a team grade of A+ and 23/11 with 80% FG shooting and 100% on free throws and the stupid ass suns cut me from their training camp. Now I am in d-league and I don't even get to start so I can't get the required average rating of an A because I only get like 3 minutes a game.

What's the trick into getting through training camp? I dominated all my opponents on all 6 games and I still got cut is it cause my rating is low or was it just the wrong team to try and get into? They are starting robin lopez so I don't see how bringing me off the bench can be much worse. Cheap ass sarver probably didn't want to offer me a contract.

New Jazzy Nets
10-11-2009, 05:29 AM
ps3 no, however i am playing on 360. I got drafted by the cavs number 30 verall and after having what i thought was a pretty good camp they chose not to keep me. Then i was free to try out for every other team ( which i thought was gay) but anyway i went to training camp with the jazz and my 3rd game i think it was i was on the flash. So i guess i didnt make it through camp without getting cut. anywho after about 8 games i think i got called up to the jazz and just finished the tmobile rookie challenege winning game MVP so im just about at 50 games through the season. averaging 14pts,4reb,4ast,1.5spg,1blk usually as a backup, some games i start. I get the bulk of the minutes at the 3 but get moved around to the 2 and 4. Im a 6'7 SF. Lost most of my games at first but then the computer made a trade that sent millsap to the hornets(martin was dealt earlier in the season for david west) and brought in kevin martin.

MeLO MvP 15
10-11-2009, 09:06 AM
miami heat starting pg here..... at 6"5 after like 10 games they started me, then after 13 they traded chalmers to OKC for a 1st guess they rly like me lol
after about 20 games i just got moved down to the d league.... cuz i had two bad games...
this is rly annoying now i dnt start on the d league.... but get an A+ team mate grade and its rly easy to get skill pts in the d league im getting 1500 SP a game so ima just use this time to make my guy better

visirale
10-11-2009, 11:56 AM
what did live do this year? cliam to fix their ****tyness from years past? added the in season thing on franchise to play games the same day? the same thing that 2k has? Now 2k does have some annoying glitches. But its still the better game. Play what you want, let me know when you drop 5 bucks for the replacement refs DLC.
Haha, 2k stole **** from live, don't act like it didn't. Live 365 was cutting edge last year, of course 2k had to figure out a way to incorporate it.

Skyscraper
10-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Regarding Live:

When you can score nearly 200 points in a 12 minute regulation game... you know something is not right.

anyway, I haven't gotten 2k10 yet, but I plan to soon. I did download the Draft Combine. Same concept as My Player. Just gives a few additional chances to boost the skill points.

Though some people have managed to link their xboxes to their PCs somehow and inputted a cheat code to make their draft combine plays all rated 99.

mhg88
10-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Regarding Live:

When you can score nearly 200 points in a 12 minute regulation game... you know something is not right.

I've done that on 2k...

AI09
10-11-2009, 12:17 PM
my guys rated a 60
starting 2 guard on the jazz
16ppg 6.5 apg 3rpg in 5 minute quarters
Everytime i finish a game now "my agent" says alot of teams are intreasted and i have to chose a team to play for but it never lets me look at my options.

04mzwach
10-11-2009, 12:21 PM
my guys rated a 60
Everytime i finish a game now "my agent" says alot of teams are intreasted and i have to chose a team to play for but it never lets me look at my options.
You have to finish the first 6 games and then you can enter other teams training camps.

04mzwach
10-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Regarding Live:

anyway, I haven't gotten 2k10 yet, but I plan to soon. I did download the Draft Combine. Same concept as My Player. Just gives a few additional chances to boost the skill points.

Though some people have managed to link their xboxes to their PCs somehow and inputted a cheat code to make their draft combine plays all rated 99.
I bet they feel accomplished. I know I would! :banghead:

Skyscraper
10-11-2009, 12:26 PM
I've done that on 2k...

well without changing the sliders and playing on rookie mode.

on Hall of Fame mode, custom sliders adjusted to real NBA standards and a reduced game speed (many game forums debate which is the best. I simply downloaded the one with the highest positive ratings) and a competent player with good defense, who takes good shots and plays "good basketball" (as determined by the Player Grade from the My Player mode) can finish a game in the low 90s.

that's what I call realism. thankfully this new turbo system should make that more possible.

oballers4life
10-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Starting PG for the Tulsa 66er's in the D-League. Averaging 14 ppg, 3 rpg, 5 apg. I'm 6'3".

elinss86
10-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Really?

If you'eve ever been to an NBA game, seen basketball players in person, you'd know they're not built like this ... they are long. Long arms, long legs, skinny legs, etc. In fact when you see alot of them in person you'd think their legs are disgustingly thin, and wonder how they manage jumping so high with seemingly no built calf muscles. Kobe? T-Mac? VC? Jordan? RAIL thin chicken legs. In 2k everyone is built like fullbacks. With kanckles and fat legs, stubby arms ... it's weird looking.

wow...smoking that good stuff huh? none of that cheap stuff for you. wow. who are you trying to convince, everyone else, or yourself?

EricForman
10-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Really?

If you'eve ever been to an NBA game, seen basketball players in person, you'd know they're not built like this ... they are long. Long arms, long legs, skinny legs, etc. In fact when you see alot of them in person you'd think their legs are disgustingly thin, and wonder how they manage jumping so high with seemingly no built calf muscles. Kobe? T-Mac? VC? Jordan? RAIL thin chicken legs.

I thought it was understood or established that huge calves muscles doesn't do jack for hops. it's actually skinny legs with high calf muscle that allows explosiveness. Othewise Arnold in his prime would have a 70 inch vertical.

UK-NJ
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
50 rated PG on the Nets (bad, bad mistake. I cringe whenever they put Alston at SF)

Averaging around 10 points 6 assists 3 rebounds from the bench. Grade A. :pimp:

Skyscraper
10-11-2009, 12:54 PM
17/9/1.5. Rated 45. Undrafted

PF built in Yi Jianlian's spitting image.

Currently undrafted in the draft combine... must get 2k10 soon

plat1numX
10-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Shoot Forward, starting on the Magic in place of lewis because of an injury...AVG 15,4,4... rated 52...the mode is awesome :rockon:

ZaaaaaH
10-11-2009, 03:36 PM
my guys rated a 60

yea my shii t does the same thing. Im on the Wolves I took over Starting line up over Flynn after 9 games :lol . Im rated 49 PG 6'3 Balln them up with 21ppg 5 reb 11 assist and 4 steals with 1.7 TO 53FG%

any of ya know how to change mins for the game ?

plat1numX
10-11-2009, 03:50 PM
yea my shii t does the same thing. Im on the Wolves I took over Starting line up over Flynn after 9 games :lol . Im rated 49 PG 6'3 Balln them up with 21ppg 5 reb 11 assist and 4 steals with 1.7 TO 53FG%

any of ya know how to change mins for the game ?

I heard you can only change it before you start player mode...so its too late for you unless you want to restart...

ZaaaaaH
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
I heard you can only change it before you start player mode...so its too late for you unless you want to restart...

well i made a new one and i did change the mins before i started but still did not work its just stuck on 5 mins.

Also people who got drafted to a team did you get to see the actual draft?

forsome reason my guy just went strait to nba

MeLO MvP 15
10-11-2009, 04:04 PM
^^^^ ya you watch a virtual draft thats the same as the normal draft you just replace one person (whos spot u took, but for sumreason the team gets both players they drafter aka Philly drafted me w their pick i think 17th but still had jrue holiday weird) also all players hu play overseas now (Rubio etc) get replaced

blackification
10-11-2009, 06:01 PM
i keep getting fired and hired by the same team.. average A- after 8 games in D league and i'm still the back up center

ZaaaaaH
10-11-2009, 07:08 PM
^^^^ ya you watch a virtual draft thats the same as the normal draft you just replace one person (whos spot u took, but for sumreason the team gets both players they drafter aka Philly drafted me w their pick i think 17th but still had jrue holiday weird) also all players hu play overseas now (Rubio etc) get replaced

are you playing on ps3 or 360?

MannyO
10-11-2009, 07:14 PM
LIVE AIN'T TOUCHIN 2K10 Maybe next year. They could be built like UFC fighters for all I care (which they aren't) but the gameplay is by far the best. I had live 08 and had to stop buying live since then.

branslowski
10-11-2009, 07:22 PM
U guys must play alot to have 60+ Ratings....Or your that good...

My guy is 6-4, 190 PG...Im struggling like f*ck...I have a 43 overal, and I come off of the bench for the Idaho Stampede...I get bad grades for holding the ball too long, calling for the ball too much, and shooting too much...But my teamates suck super ass...So why give me a bad shot selection grade, if im shootin a pull up wide-open 3?...

Oh and the black guy who talks too much at the bottom of the screen, gets on my f*cking nerves....On Birds d*ck hard.

Rake2204
10-11-2009, 07:34 PM
U guys must play alot to have 60+ Ratings....Or your that good...

My guy is 6-4, 190 PG...Im struggling like f*ck...I have a 43 overal, and I come off of the bench for the Idaho Stampede...I get bad grades for holding the ball too long, calling for the ball too much, and shooting too much...But my teamates suck super ass...So why give me a bad shot selection grade, if im shootin a pull up wide-open 3?...

Yeah I'm kind of in your boat. I'm a 6-4 point guard as well, also rated 43. I just wrapped up the Summer League and I'm listed as likely to be cut as I find myself beneath a slew of Portland Point Guards (Andre still starting). I'm sure I have D-League in my future, but I'm okay with that.

My grades aren't too bad though, sometimes I randomly have a horrible game, allowing my player to score at one point then mindlessly and frantically calling for the inbounds out of frustration (which lowers my grade a couple of levels altogether). I'm slowly learning how to put solid My Player grades together on a consistant basis.

I think you may be able to increase your statistics by playing pick-up games online but I'm not certain on that front. I don't have the ability to get online with XBox on a regular basis so that is out of the picture for me.

ZaaaaaH
10-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah I'm kind of in your boat. I'm a 6-4 point guard as well, also rated 43. I just wrapped up the Summer League and I'm listed as likely to be cut as I find myself beneath a slew of Portland Point Guards (Andre still starting). I'm sure I have D-League in my future, but I'm okay with that.

My grades aren't too bad though, sometimes I randomly have a horrible game, allowing my player to score at one point then mindlessly and frantically calling for the inbounds out of frustration (which lowers my grade a couple of levels altogether). I'm slowly learning how to put solid My Player grades together on a consistant basis.

I think you may be able to increase your statistics by playing pick-up games online but I'm not certain on that front. I don't have the ability to get online with XBox on a regular basis so that is out of the picture for me.

To get better grades you have to take every postion seriously. If you are a PG make sure you dont go crazy and pressing x before inbound pass you lose a lot of points for asking for the ball. If you just go near the teammate they will hand you the ball without you pressing x. As a PG you must create plays and most effective is the pick and roll. The comp has hard time cover pick and roll so abuse that. Rating really does not matter you can have higher rating by puting up dumb stats you dont need and they are cheap. Im only rated 49 but I start for Wovles and avrg 20+ ppg 10 assist and 2 steals. Make sure you upgrade the right stats even if it cost a lot.

FlipBaller31
10-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Live is for little kids who does not know anything about basketball. Live is just like showtime but with 5 people and rules.

2k10 is Sick! If you a real baller that plays real ball then you get this.

Now back to my question WHO HAS 2k10 for PS3 and playing My PLAYER MODE?
I started yesterday. The Nuggets signed me. :rockon:

ZaaaaaH
10-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I started yesterday. The Nuggets signed me. :rockon:

do you have it for ps3? if you do did you get to watch the draft?

blackification
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I have a ps3 when I imported from draft combine I got to watch it but when I created a new character it skipped it and just went to the home screen showing what team's summer league I got invited to

ZaaaaaH
10-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I have a ps3 when I imported from draft combine I got to watch it but when I created a new character it skipped it and just went to the home screen showing what team's summer league I got invited to

How do you import the combine character into 2k10?

blackification
10-11-2009, 10:05 PM
How do you import the combine character into 2k10?
in your draft combine you have to upload ur player to the 2k network and then when you go to 2k10 and select the my player mode and then you go to continue and select import player

OhNoTimNoSho
10-11-2009, 11:04 PM
I just started playing this, this mode is addicting for real, its like RPG basketball.
I made myself in the game:

:PG: 5'8" --- 145

I just got done with the summer circuit where i did ok for grade but dropped like 14 dimes a game and now Im on the sixers trying out for pg in the training camp.
I played one game so far and got A+ but it was really hard. If you guys dont know if you're messing up you could just quit the game you are in at any point and its like it never happened.

BrentISballin
10-11-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm still in training camp with the cavs, but my average is A with 20pts, 11ast, 3 rebounds , 100% FT, 52% FG . 6'0 178 :)

Big_Dogg
10-12-2009, 01:08 AM
I'm a 6ft PG who gets 16pt 8ast and 3rb a game and averaging a B= to an A in the D-League, haven't got an NBA call up yet but trying to creat an offence when your team mates suck is not easy.

Still trying to figure out which is the best view to use as well which doesn't help, can't seem to get a good pick even though I time them well, I always get called for reaching, I just tell myself it's rookie calls.

MeloMike
10-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Wow, my player mode sounds like fun.

Would someone who has tried both games please (briefly even) give me what's good in live compared to whats good in 2k? I don't want to buy the wrong game...

gyu
10-12-2009, 01:23 AM
So is there a purpose in getting the NBA 2K10 Draft Combine if the NBA 2K10 game comes with a my player mode?

Kings_Alex
10-12-2009, 01:24 AM
you gotta increase your off awareness/def awareness to get your ratings higher.

ZaaaaaH
10-12-2009, 02:35 AM
So is there a purpose in getting the NBA 2K10 Draft Combine if the NBA 2K10 game comes with a my player mode?

You dont need draft combine. The Draft combine was like a sample/preview of 2k10

My player mode is more then the Draft combine but My player mode is sick, just like one of the guy said its like RPG of basketball its nasty like that. Of course they could improve on certin things which they are next year but for now if you are a big bball fan or you like basketball but not good at ballin this game is for you.

Once 2k fix their network you can play with youre created player online with other online players. You get to play 5vs5 pick up games with youre player.

dab0yech0
10-12-2009, 12:09 PM

Going through the draft combine increases your ratings dramatically if you play it right

Kblaze8855
10-12-2009, 01:15 PM
If the actual game is like the demo live is just awful. I liked it in about 2004. I liked the somewhat deep post games they had. But generally they are just awful games compared to 2K. I had every live from before they were veen called live.....and I had it on n64 with Walker on the cover. Tht was 99. Once NBA 2k came out it was like id never played a basketbal lgame before. And live has yet to catch up. 04 was closest I think.

Anyway my guy Adrian Peacock is a D league backup point in Austin. I started getting A and A- grades after my 3rd summerleague game. Just gotta hit guys when they call for it, have good post position, or are wide open. Dont call for the ball. Let the other guards handle it a bit if you dont have ap lay to make right away. Feed the post often. My issue is with turnovers and reach in fouls....

EvanAlmighty
10-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Just got my 2k10 and gonna have to finish the rest of the combine games but my dude is an all around 6'7 SF and right now rated a 43 and projected a 2nd round draft pick by the jazz. should move on up to at least 15-18 range 2nd round

EDIT: just got drafted, was projected to go 17th in the 2nd round to the t-wolves i believe, but i was taken 5th that round by the nuggets, gonna be coming off the bench until melo is gone im guessing. or if im traded or something

ZaaaaaH
10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Going through the draft combine increases your ratings dramatically if you play it right

yea, combine is so much easier.

Any of ya try playing pick up game online?

Johnni Gade
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
NBA live all the way

UK-NJ
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
yea, combine is so much easier.

Any of ya try playing pick up game online?

I tried, but I think the servers are ****ed for it. I can play online team up, but not pick up games.

ZaaaaaH
10-12-2009, 06:47 PM
I tried, but I think the servers are ****ed for it. I can play online team up, but not pick up games.

what does the team up do?

UK-NJ
10-12-2009, 07:05 PM
what does the team up do?

Team up is the same principle, but instead of it being your created player, you get randomly assigned someone. Like for example, the game I played randomly selected Bulls-Wizards & I got assigned Luol Deng as my player for the game. Good fun.

Bano114
10-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Does NBA live 10 have a "Superstar mode" Where you do a combine and get drafted by a team and play through your career and stuff? 09 didnt.

Interminator
10-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Does NBA live 10 have a "Superstar mode" Where you do a combine and get drafted by a team and play through your career and stuff? 09 didnt.
No.

The 2k Player Mode is a much better but not as developed version of the NBA series of basketball games by Sony for PS3. Hopefully NBA2K11 will expand more on the My Player mode, because like everyone else said, this is extremely addicting and outdoes all of the other modes in the game including The Association mode.

My only problem with the My Player mode is the fact that you can't simulate games, or sign contracts(havent reached Free Agency yet).

branslowski
10-12-2009, 07:55 PM
UPDATE!!!

My guy just got signed by the Sacremento Kings and is the starting PG.

They placed me over Evans and Udrich...Don't know why, but im lovin it. Our team sucks ass atm...13-19...Playing against Monte Ellis on that game is f*cking hard as f*ck.

Im averaging 13ppg 4reb 7.2ast right now.

Im like Rondo on the court...

TheGreatDeraj
10-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Protip: Pay attention to the position battle under the performance menu during games. Try to get the bar 100% to your side by the time the game ends.

Try to get the bar all the way to your side...don't let the player you're guarding get points, steals, assists, rebounds etc while you are doing these things and your draft position will increase more and it will help you get more playing time. Also, try to crash the glass to get rebounds(especially offensive) and highlight plays such as steal leading to fast break score or an and-1. Make sure most of your shots are "good shots", get an A+ teamate grade and

Me, I'm a 6'3 scoring PG out of Georgia tech. Jared "The machine" Eaton. I'm hoping to get drafted/traded to the Lakers to learn and eventually take over as the starting Pg for Fisher once he retires. Skill point distribution will be mainly defense and 3 point shooting.

Drills: 2 shooting, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 1 challenge shot

Bano114
10-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Whos Franchise mode is better?

2k10 or live 10?

Babalu
10-12-2009, 08:44 PM
My player mode is the greatest ever. ****ing loving it.

I got a 7'1 Althletic Center. Lock down D man. Freakin awesome.

Was projected to get drafted 2nd round 7th pick by the grizzlies, ended up getting picked up 1st round 16th pick by the mavericks.

Still playing summer league games.

PROTIP FOR ANYONE PLAYING MY PLAYER MODE:

THERE IS A BIG GLITCH. After you finish your 6 summer league games, it will say that the team you are playing for right now didn't want you, but a bunch of other teams would like to pick you up for their training camps. DO NOT GO TO ANOTHER TEAM. The team your on really does want you to stay so if you say yes to join another team, you will create a clone of your player so there will be two of you in the league. All your stats will be split between the 2 so you wont be able to get any milestones prob and all your stats will suck. Make sure to restart the game when it asks you if you want to join another team after your summer league. press the xbox button to go back to dashboard.

Had to start over because of this. Read the 2k forums for more info.

ZaaaaaH
10-12-2009, 09:14 PM
UPDATE !!!

6'3 185 LB PG

22ppg 3.1 Reb 7.1 Apg 3.1 spg 2 to 62%FG

13-8 With the T-Wolves and we are 4th

West is pretty hard for pg. I hate when i face Dwill, his def is very solid.

Someone tell me if anything happens during your season. I want to see what playoff and after playoff will be like.

branslowski
10-12-2009, 09:18 PM
UPDATE !!!

6'3 185 LB PG

22ppg 3.1 Reb 7.1 Apg 3.1 spg 2 to 62%FG

13-8 With the T-Wolves and we are 4th

West is pretty hard for pg. I hate when i face Dwill, his def is very solid.

Someone tell me if anything happens during your season. I want to see what playoff and after playoff will be like.

Did you pick "All-Round" player or scoring?...

Dam, I swear, my guy cant shoot for sh!t...Im lucky to avg 13ppg...I dont even get many shots to score 30pts in a game....I think my High is 19 or something..:oldlol:

MeLO MvP 15
10-12-2009, 09:23 PM

Was projected to get drafted 2nd round 7th pick by the grizzlies, ended up getting picked up 1st round 16th pick by the mavericks.

THERE IS A BIG GLITCH. After you finish your 6 summer league games, it will say that the team you are playing for right now didn't want you, but a bunch of other teams would like to pick you up for their training camps. DO NOT GO TO ANOTHER TEAM. The team your on really does want you to stay so if you say yes to join another team, you will create a clone of your player so there will be two of you in the league. All your stats will be split between the 2 so you wont be able to get any milestones prob and all your stats will suck. Make sure to restart the game when it asks you if you want to join another team after your summer league. press the xbox button to go back to dashboard.

i dont think it happens to every1, cuz i have a pg and unless my clone got sent to the d league i have yet to see him and my stats seem fine... but i could c where it could happen cuz its stupid that a teams cuts a mid first round pick who plays nasty like me and you then every other teams wants u:wtf:

ZaaaaaH
10-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Did you pick "All-Round" player or scoring?...

Dam, I swear, my guy cant shoot for sh!t...Im lucky to avg 13ppg...I dont even get many shots to score 30pts in a game....I think my High is 19 or something..:oldlol:

Nah I picked Althetic and that is the best way to go. Speed cost too much points but if you get the alt then you start with 80 speed. My main focus of points i used on is Speed 90 Dunk 80 Layup 85 Steal 87 Vert 95 Ball handle 85 Pass 70. Now I will be working on my midrange soon cause good defender like Dwill gives me hard time driving the ball.

Milesotnes

Single game

30 points completed 33 high
10 assist completed 13 assist

Career

447 Points
149 assist
66 steals in 22 games.

I worked my ass of beating Flynn to starting line up but sometimes he start and that hurts my feelings :cry:

ZaaaaaH
10-12-2009, 09:28 PM

LOL! Im working on 7'5 Althleic Center aswell but he is still in the combine. Im trying to be Sick ass shot blocker.

Maniak
10-12-2009, 09:30 PM
It seems its harder if you dont have the $5 combine game to get into the NBA...

branslowski
10-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Nah I picked Althetic and that is the best way to go. Speed cost too much points but if you get the alt then you start with 80 speed. My main focus of points i used on is Speed 90 Dunk 80 Layup 85 Steal 87 Vert 95 Ball handle 85 Pass 70. Now I will be working on my midrange soon cause good defender like Dwill gives me hard time driving the ball.

Milesotnes

Single game

30 points completed 33 high
10 assist completed 13 assist

Career

447 Points
149 assist
66 steals in 22 games.

I worked my ass of beating Flynn to starting line up but sometimes he start and that hurts my feelings :cry:

Good sh!t bro...So you score off of fastbreaks or screens or something? Because you offence of rating cant be that great.

ZaaaaaH
10-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Good sh!t bro...So you score off of fastbreaks or screens or something? Because you offence of rating cant be that great.

Yea. My game is Pick&Roll with Al and Love only on good teams for the bad teams I just blow by them with my speed or with my killa crossover. Cant wait till I get to 90 in Ball handling so I can get superstar crossovers I can choose from.

My overall rating is only 49

Big_Dogg
10-12-2009, 10:58 PM
My PG just got picked up by the Rockets, amazing how many dimes you can drop when you have wing players like T-Mac, Battier and Ariza, also having brooks in the secondary lineup with him as the SG, he nails 3's, my guy dropped 20 dimes, did the pick a roll and drive and dish with Yao and Scola, those guys around the basket are money.

My guy is averaging 15pts, 4reb 12ast and 3st at 65%FG, and I took Brooks starting spot too, pity the Rockets sucked and had the NBA's worst record when they called me up.

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 01:25 AM
It seems its harder if you dont have the $5 combine game to get into the NBA...

Not really, you just got to make sure you play ur postion right. Key thing to make it to NBA is ur grade not ur stats. Your grade will win you the postion battle which means STOP asking for the ball, space the floor, Rebound, make sure you play good def on YOUR guy instead of playing FS.

Even if you have A+ you still need to keep on getting points or else ur postion battle guage wont move.

*Tip* If you are a PG make sure you upgrade steals and Double team, strip the ball and go for fast break dunk. That gives you a lot of points.

If you guys have questions or Updates let me know because this MPM is SICK!

Cant wait till pick up games work so I can show ya my differnt dunks and crossovers~

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 01:27 AM
My PG just got picked up by the Rockets, amazing how many dimes you can drop when you have wing players like T-Mac, Battier and Ariza, also having brooks in the secondary lineup with him as the SG, he nails 3's, my guy dropped 20 dimes, did the pick a roll and drive and dish with Yao and Scola, those guys around the basket are money.

My guy is averaging 15pts, 4reb 12ast and 3st at 65%FG, and I took Brooks starting spot too, pity the Rockets sucked and had the NBA's worst record when they called me up.

Dam i wish I had Yao as my center. Al and Love sucks at Def. Their help def is one of the worst for big men

Abd El-Krim
10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
I am pretty much addicted to this game mode in 2k10.

Created a 6'7 SF scorer that got thrown in Knicks summer league. Did well enough there to get an invite to training camp from 29 teams. I chose Minnesota because the team sucks and I thought I could beat out Gomes and Brewer. Thought wrong as I got cut on the last day of training camp despite outplaying the ish out of them.

So I ended up in the D-league for about 8 games before getting called up to the Clippers and signed for the rest of the year. Averaging 16.2 ppg on 53% shooting. My player is really starting to take off with his awesome 54 overall. My 3ball is finally serviceable, and I've got my dunk up to 67 from 30 or wherever it started. I hung 43 on the Warriors last night, and just dropped 21 in the rookie/soph game. Hopefully I can make a run at ROY.

lpublic_enemyl
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
hey i was wondering if the glitch happens not matter what cause i was on the raptors but they said they didn't want me so i picked the bulls so how wud i tell if my player got cloned?

beeboywhoo
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
my SG got picked up by the rox...

and we are ****in garbageeeeeeeeeeee lol

i average A's

leading scorer/assist on my team. And my rockets decided to give up tmac for jermaine oneal, ariza aint on the team, we got andre miller (whos AI is freakin garbage he prob gets 1000 back court violations).

another thing.. so what do you do when u get asked to join another team, to avoid the glitch?!

BTW: my character is the cheesiest guy ever lol. i just upgraded shoot inside/ shoot in traffic only

EASIEST WAY TO GET AN A EVERY GAME!!!!
*set screens like crazy
*box out
*Turbo into the lane and shoot (good inside selection + good shot)
plus youll probably pick up an And 1 :)

TryToBeUnbias
10-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Whos shooting form did you guys use? becuase i had a pretty ****ty mid and long range rating but could knock them down at a decent rate with michael redds form since its easy

UK-NJ
10-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Whos shooting form did you guys use? becuase i had a pretty ****ty mid and long range rating but could knock them down at a decent rate with michael redds form since its easy

I picked Anthony Carter's (VC & Pierce use it too, I think)

Contemplating changing to either Jameer Nelson's or Anthony Johnson's as I find when I use the Magic their shots are automatic.

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 05:14 PM
hey i was wondering if the glitch happens not matter what cause i was on the raptors but they said they didn't want me so i picked the bulls so how wud i tell if my player got cloned?

you can just go check other teams stats and see if there is a clone of you.

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 05:15 PM

i average A's

leading scorer/assist on my team. And my rockets decided to give up tmac for jermaine oneal, ariza aint on the team, we got andre miller (whos AI is freakin garbage he prob gets 1000 back court violations).

another thing.. so what do you do when u get asked to join another team, to avoid the glitch?!

BTW: my character is the cheesiest guy ever lol. i just upgraded shoot inside/ shoot in traffic only

*set screens like crazy
*box out

did the trade happen when you were in the team?

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 05:17 PM

I used Springs cause I like to hold the ball in air.

Any of ya got the layup package? Which one are you using?

I got CP3

I try to use Kobes but he never does that spin leaner

Dresta
10-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Too many glitches, so i just stopped playing, gonna wait until they patch it.

Abd El-Krim
10-13-2009, 06:59 PM

i average A's

*set screens like crazy
*box out

I feel you man. Playing for the Clippers is like really playing for the Clippers. Al Thornton used to take 5 retarded shots every game but luckily he got dealt for Julian Wright who just passes. Too bad Baron still does a backcourt violation every game.

That JO - McGrady trade happened in my sim too.

I'm up to 18.1 ppg 62 ov, trying to muscle these slugs into the playoffs.

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 07:27 PM
I feel you man. Playing for the Clippers is like really playing for the Clippers. Al Thornton used to take 5 retarded shots every game but luckily he got dealt for Julian Wright who just passes. Too bad Baron still does a backcourt violation every game.

That JO - McGrady trade happened in my sim too.

I'm up to 18.1 ppg 62 ov, trying to muscle these slugs into the playoffs.

how close are you to playoffs?

Abd El-Krim
10-13-2009, 08:21 PM
how close are you to playoffs?

14 games left. 2.5 games back and there are 6 teams fighting for 7 + 8 so who knows if we'll pull it off.

Twiens
10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Backup C for the Bobcats, got them in 7th place right now averaging 17 and 4 boards off the bench.

blackification
10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Backup C for Bobcats too. Is it possible to change teams by becoming a free agent without tanking? I'm pretty sure my 10 day contract ended a while ago but I just keep getting that message where it says its time to make an important decision but doesn't give me any options. My Bobcats team is 3rd in the east but I don't want to just be a marcin gortat for them when I can go to another team and tear up the league.

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 09:50 PM
14 games left. 2.5 games back and there are 6 teams fighting for 7 + 8 so who knows if we'll pull it off.

Can you update and let us know what happens during and after playoffs

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Backup C for Bobcats too. Is it possible to change teams by becoming a free agent without tanking? I'm pretty sure my 10 day contract ended a while ago but I just keep getting that message where it says its time to make an important decision but doesn't give me any options. My Bobcats team is 3rd in the east but I don't want to just be a marcin gortat for them when I can go to another team and tear up the league.

Yea that glich needs to be fixed. Did you get drafted to the Bobcats?

blackification
10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Yea that glich needs to be fixed. Did you get drafted to the Bobcats?
No I got picked up from d-league.

emsteez forreal
10-13-2009, 10:12 PM

delusional.

MeloMike
10-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Just got it. And no matter what I do, I can't change the quarter length. It's stuck at 5 minutes. Started over, changed it to 10 minutes, saved. Started a new career, and it was STILL at 5 minute quarters! Wtf?

Besides that, I love the mode, but at only 5 minute quarters, it kind of ruins the experience for me having 60-50 games, while the rest of the NBA has 100/110 point games.

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Just got it. And no matter what I do, I can't change the quarter length. It's stuck at 5 minutes. Started over, changed it to 10 minutes, saved. Started a new career, and it was STILL at 5 minute quarters! Wtf?

Besides that, I love the mode, but at only 5 minute quarters, it kind of ruins the experience for me having 60-50 games, while the rest of the NBA has 100/110 point games.

You got PS3 or 360?

MeloMike
10-13-2009, 11:04 PM
You got PS3 or 360?

PS3

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 11:07 PM
PS3

It was like the for me too but once you started ur career you can't change mintues. You have to start a new one if you want more mintues. Make sure you change the setting for the regular game save and then start a New My player mode. 7-8 mins is good

MeloMike
10-13-2009, 11:13 PM
It was like the for me too but once you started ur career you can't change mintues. You have to start a new one if you want more mintues. Make sure you change the setting for the regular game save and then start a New My player mode. 7-8 mins is good

I tried that...changed the settings first, saved them, then started a new one...still no luck...does playing online/offline affect this? Or having Draft Combine? Thanks for the help though man.

crisoner
10-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Im getting my 2K10 tomorrow for my PS3..........

What's everyones usernames? Hit me up on private message.

branslowski
10-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Im getting my 2K10 tomorrow for my PS3..........

What's everyones usernames? Hit me up on private message.

Branslowski20....PS3

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 11:20 PM
I tried that...changed the settings first, saved them, then started a new one...still no luck...does playing online/offline affect this? Or having Draft Combine? Thanks for the help though man.

When you save the settings sometimes it does not save so double check that. If thats does not help sorry bra.

ZaaaaaH
10-13-2009, 11:21 PM
If the 2k Network work anytime soon we should create a crew from here and play other people on pick up games.

branslowski
10-13-2009, 11:24 PM
If the 2k Network work anytime soon we should create a crew from here and play other people on pick up games.

:cheers:

RaininTwos
10-13-2009, 11:25 PM
delusional.
Yeah. Either that or he works for EA on the slide.

Abd El-Krim
10-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Can you update and let us know what happens during and after playoffs

Yeah if I get that far without killing the game. Just put up 42 on 70% shooting and we still lost to the Bucks. I swear the Clippers are programmed to lose. Blew a 2 pt lead with possession and 10 sec left in reg, then a 1 pt lead with possession in OT and 6 secs left. Eric Gordon is retarded.

Avoid the Clippers.

Maniak
10-13-2009, 11:49 PM
ID is Maniakdelmar.

Hit a brutha up

josh99
10-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Pretty sure you have to have the Draft Combine to change the minutes... However if you have the PC version there is another way to do it.

branslowski
10-14-2009, 12:09 AM
ID is Maniakdelmar.

Hit a brutha up

Are you gonna be on tomorrow?...If so, I'll hit you up later in the day.

G-train
10-14-2009, 12:24 AM

there is one called 'quick release' I believe. I have him on my sf 3pt specialist. Its the dell curry wonder shot.. just a flick of the stick and the scores goes click, oh mama.
got a little excited there.

Maniak
10-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Are you gonna be on tomorrow?...If so, I'll hit you up later in the day.
Yeah, I will.

I suck at online, though :oldlol:

Babalu
10-14-2009, 11:29 AM

From what I heard you have to have draft combine to change the minutes of my player mode. Its a glitch and should be fixed in the patch that coming soon.

MeloMike
10-14-2009, 02:02 PM
From what I heard you have to have draft combine to change the minutes of my player mode. Its a glitch and should be fixed in the patch that coming soon.

That's crazy how they messed that up. Thanks for the info man.

MeLO MvP 15
10-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Im really mad right now, i was doing really good for the heat then i had 2 bad games and they move me down to the d league... its been almost 10 games of me averaging like 24 PPG 3 RPG 3APG and 2SPG w an A+ avg. they still havent called me up... they have chris quinn has the starting pg cuz they traded chalmers to OKC for a pick, no other PG on the team (doesnt update the arroyo siging)

but does any1 know if they actually call u up from the dleague cuz i feel like it should happen alrdy.... plz any info would help

S13M
10-14-2009, 02:16 PM
I think I'll wait till the patch comes out and then buy the game.

KelticForce1349
10-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I think I'll wait till the patch comes out and then buy the game.

Does anyone know when the patch is coming?

GOBB
10-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Im really mad right now, i was doing really good for the heat then i had 2 bad games and they move me down to the d league... its been almost 10 games of me averaging like 24 PPG 3 RPG 3APG and 2SPG w an A+ avg. they still havent called me up... they have chris quinn has the starting pg cuz they traded chalmers to OKC for a pick, no other PG on the team (doesnt update the arroyo siging)

but does any1 know if they actually call u up from the dleague cuz i feel like it should happen alrdy.... plz any info would help

Of course they call you up from the DL butthead :oldlol:

When? I couldnt tell you. Some people made training camp instantly. Some went to NBDL not making training camp and got called up after 2-3 games. Guys like me it took 33 games in the NBDL to get called up. Also check to see if the regular season/playoffs are nearing an end if not the NBDL season.

ukballer
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Been trying to change the quarter length in my player mode but it's locked on 5. Been reading around and apparently you can only change it if you had Draft Combine. So basically for all PC gamers it's stuck on 5 mins. Very disappointed with that. Hope it will be sorted in the next patch, IF we get one.

I understand most sales for the game would be going to the consoles, but still...can't help but feel it's a bit of a raw deal.

Abd El-Krim
10-14-2009, 05:39 PM
My Clippers (((vomit))) missed out on the playoffs. After playing the last game, saw regular menu with no way to advance. Chose to play next game, got a bunch of milestone notices. 10,000 pts woot. I made all-rookie first team but lost out on ROY which is bs at 21 pts / 57% shooting. Terrence Williams got it with 11.1 pts / 7.6 rebs. Lebron got MVP, DPOY, and Most Improved. Apparently he's really good.

After showing the awards it showed a playoff tree and simmed the whole thing. After that, it showed "Simming Offseason" for a bit and then showed a screen with 4 teams to chose to sign with. I got Spurs / Magic / 76ers / Clippers. This really sucked because there was no way to tell what transactions had occured so you couldn't check the rosters you were signing up with. Not wanting to take away time from Jefferson, Rashard, or Iggy I elected to stay with the Clippers and hoped that they would make some good moves in the offseason. At that point the schedule went straight to the 1st regular season game of the next season.

I saved a backup before playing my last game of the season so I think I'm going to have to boot that up and redo the offseason, because the Clippers lineup looks like BDiddy Terry Me Griffin Ilgauskas. Even worse D than the first season which I'm not down for at all. Good news is my player finally has a solid rating of 70. Probably done with the mode for a bit until they fix the online stuff.

Interminator
10-14-2009, 08:05 PM
My Clippers (((vomit))) missed out on the playoffs. After playing the last game, saw regular menu with no way to advance. Chose to play next game, got a bunch of milestone notices. 10,000 pts woot. I made all-rookie first team but lost out on ROY which is bs at 21 pts / 57% shooting. Terrence Williams got it with 11.1 pts / 7.6 rebs. Lebron got MVP, DPOY, and Most Improved. Apparently he's really good.

After showing the awards it showed a playoff tree and simmed the whole thing. After that, it showed "Simming Offseason" for a bit and then showed a screen with 4 teams to chose to sign with. I got Spurs / Magic / 76ers / Clippers. This really sucked because there was no way to tell what transactions had occured so you couldn't check the rosters you were signing up with. Not wanting to take away time from Jefferson, Rashard, or Iggy I elected to stay with the Clippers and hoped that they would make some good moves in the offseason. At that point the schedule went straight to the 1st regular season game of the next season.

I saved a backup before playing my last game of the season so I think I'm going to have to boot that up and redo the offseason, because the Clippers lineup looks like BDiddy Terry Me Griffin Ilgauskas. Even worse D than the first season which I'm not down for at all. Good news is my player finally has a solid rating of 70. Probably done with the mode for a bit until they fix the online stuff.

Wow, that sucks.

Im kinda disappointed now.

hassano
10-14-2009, 08:21 PM
k so im the 6th man for the Sioux Falls Skyforce but im rated 65 and i average 23 points 4 assists and 2 rebounds a game and im loving it, almost done the dleague season and probably headed to the nba?
anyways whats really pissing me off is that ive been going off for 30+ point games 6 times in the last week but its not counting it in the milestone thing and its really pissing me offf! help anyone?

Interminator
10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
k so im the 6th man for the Sioux Falls Skyforce but im rated 65 and i average 23 points 4 assists and 2 rebounds a game and im loving it, almost done the dleague season and probably headed to the nba?
anyways whats really pissing me off is that ive been going off for 30+ point games 6 times in the last week but its not counting it in the milestone thing and its really pissing me offf! help anyone?

The milestones only count when you're in the NBA.

Abd El-Krim
10-15-2009, 01:00 AM

I imagine if you're in the D-league you'll end up in the summer league again, since it says the only milestone is to get invited to a training camp.

It's weird that some people get called up quickly and some don't. Also why aren't you starting? You're probably killing the starter's numbers and rated higher as well no?

NBA4EVER
10-17-2009, 06:10 PM
is there anyway to make yourself amazing on there without having to do much work? My Player is 5'9 and im a B+ on average in games. I am on the Austin Toros in the D league and i am trying to start so i can make it to the NBA...but my guy sucks in the games

Skyscraper
10-17-2009, 06:17 PM
is there anyway to make yourself amazing on there without having to do much work? My Player is 5'9 and im a B+ on average in games. I am on the Austin Toros in the D league and i am trying to start so i can make it to the NBA...but my guy sucks in the games

remake your guy and make him taller.

GOBB
10-17-2009, 08:19 PM

You dont need to start to get called up. I played for the Toros as a backup. And I dont know of anyway to make yourself amazing without any work. I do know ways you can make it easier. Choosing a SF/swingman type with the size of an Iguodala is easy. Or a face the basket PF is easy 6'10 215-220.

Instead of a 5'9 PG you could go 6'7 and be Shaun Livingston. Otherwise stick with your guy and grind it out. Thats kinda the point of the road to the NBA. Shouldnt be easy. Its satisfying to me to see me build my player. Not just get a high rated player and/or easy road to the NBA. Rewarding in my book. My dude is a 65 overall rating. I'm happy.

NBA4EVER
10-17-2009, 08:47 PM
You dont need to start to get called up. I played for the Toros as a backup. And I dont know of anyway to make yourself amazing without any work. I do know ways you can make it easier. Choosing a SF/swingman type with the size of an Iguodala is easy. Or a face the basket PF is easy 6'10 215-220.

Instead of a 5'9 PG you could go 6'7 and be Shaun Livingston. Otherwise stick with your guy and grind it out. Thats kinda the point of the road to the NBA. Shouldnt be easy. Its satisfying to me to see me build my player. Not just get a high rated player and/or easy road to the NBA. Rewarding in my book. My dude is a 65 overall rating. I'm happy.

thanks but **** that...i just put myself on the Hawks and made myself all 99

Splitz77
10-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Me. Why?

jchu
10-18-2009, 12:50 AM
man!!!!, i have a 6'5 athletic pg
got drafted by memphis with 1st round 27th pick

summer league averages
20ppg 8rpg 12apg 1.5bpg .8spg 49%fg 90%ft A+, A++++!!!!!!!
rated 49 now :(

wasnt signed to training camp by memphis. WTF!? this is bs

knoxreal
10-18-2009, 10:26 AM
your trash if u gotta go to the d league, u get to play the entire game in training camp u should be droppin 40 each game with ease.

i have two games left in the season and my team is first in the western confernce

pg rating 67
21.2 ppg, 8.4 apg, 4.2 rpg, 1.2 spg

and thats in the nba not the d league. with 5 min quarters

GOBB
10-18-2009, 12:47 PM
your trash if u gotta go to the d league, u get to play the entire game in training camp u should be droppin 40 each game with ease.

i have two games left in the season and my team is first in the western confernce

pg rating 67
21.2 ppg, 8.4 apg, 4.2 rpg, 1.2 spg

and thats in the nba not the d league. with 5 min quarters

No one is trash when there is no exact science with making it to the NBA out of training camp.

RapsFan
10-18-2009, 02:05 PM
^^ Agreed.

I am a 6'10" athletic PF. I tore it up in the summer, got invited to basically every training camp. I tried out for the Thunder. I outplayed my opponent (other PFs) each game by a lot, and I still got sent to the D league. It's pretty random.

mongePR(kb24)
10-18-2009, 02:53 PM
6.9 Scoring SF
55 Rating
Miami Heat

13ppg, 3rpg,3apg on 60% fg

p.s. my guy is 6.9 and cant dunk .

EvanAlmighty
10-18-2009, 02:55 PM
6.9 Scoring SF
55 Rating
Miami Heat

13ppg, 3rpg,3apg on 60% fg

p.s. my guy is 6.9 and cant dunk .
Yeah I had the same thing before, had to remake and change to either All around, athletic, or slashing. I chose all around and I think it's the best

Kebab Stall
10-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Got invited to pretty much every single teams training camp, apart from the team I was on. I heard about the cloning glitch, so I turned my xbox off. When I turned it back on, I was automatically on the Nets training camp roster as a likely cut. It shouldn't be too hard to get up that list though, because the Nets' PF's f*cking suck. Shawn Williams is their starter for f*cks sake and I destroyed him in the first training camp game.

RapsFan
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Got invited to pretty much every single teams training camp, apart from the team I was on. I heard about the cloning glitch, so I turned my xbox off. When I turned it back on, I was automatically on the Nets training camp roster as a likely cut. It shouldn't be too hard to get up that list though, because the Nets' PF's f*cking suck. Shawn Williams is their starter for f*cks sake and I destroyed him in the first training camp game.

I killed Collison, DJ White, Maceo Baston etc on the Thunder and still didn't make the cut. I honestly think it's randomized.

Abd El-Krim
10-18-2009, 08:09 PM
I killed Collison, DJ White, Maceo Baston etc on the Thunder and still didn't make the cut. I honestly think it's randomized.

I think that the cut is rating based by position, so if there are three guys ahead of you you're screwed. 2 you may be able to squeeze in.

Really hope they fix the online version of this soon. I'm 20 games into my second season on the Spurs and we're just murdering people. Guy is like 75 now and scoring at will is not as fun as struggling to man up Caron Butler.

Kebab Stall
10-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Damn. I've played 2 games and killed my oponent both times. I got atleast an A rating for each game, so hopefully I can climb up the ladder a little bit, but I'm currently at the bottom of it with 4 guys above.

Spoken
10-19-2009, 01:56 PM
I think they send you to the D-leagues so you can accumulate more skill points before going to the nba. Do you wanna guard NBA elites with a rated 49 player?

B-Easy8
10-20-2009, 05:27 AM
Its got nothing to do with how many guys are infront of you. I had 3 other PG's infront of me in training camp and none of us got cut. As long as you get an A rating or higher every game you shouldn't get cut.

ukballer
10-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Yes! Finally made it to the NBA! After 13 games in the D-League with the Iowa Energy. Quick surprised with the callup. I was averaging only 9/2/5 in the D-League, but had some A+ games and some A games which obviously was the key. I'm a scoring PG but primarily am played at SG.

Ironically I had my worst game of the season only getting a C grade, but then was suddenly called up by the Hornets! First game against the Warriors, only played a few minutes but doing ok. My guy is only rated 44, but we'll see how I do!

Abd El-Krim
10-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Its got nothing to do with how many guys are infront of you. I had 3 other PG's infront of me in training camp and none of us got cut. As long as you get an A rating or higher every game you shouldn't get cut.

Shouldn't, but it happens.

Spoken
10-20-2009, 12:50 PM

I outplayed all the Pg's on the hawks, got all A+ scores and still got cut. No wonder the hawks can't get over that hump. They don't draft Chris Paul and sign Mike Bibby! :lol

Lebowski
10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Wow My player mode was so addictive... until I figured out that I can NOT change the quarter minutes (I don't have DC).

Oh my god.. to quote the angry video game nerd, WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING !!?? :banghead: How high where they when they decided that, the stupidity amazes me.

Oh well, back to the association

Rake2204
10-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Wow My player mode was so addictive... until I figured out that I can NOT change the quarter minutes (I don't have DC).

Oh my god.. to quote the angry video game nerd, WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING !!?? :banghead: How high where they when they decided that, the stupidity amazes me.

Oh well, back to the association
The patch will allow you to alter quarter length in My Player from 5-12 minutes.

In other news, I made my debut with the Los Angeles Clippers last night. It's pretty cool when, in the midst of the NBDL doldrums, you get the surprise call up.

Spoken
10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
agh! my 6'5 athletic point guard is averaging 29/5/6 11 games into NBDL and still no call up. David Stern man David Stern!

Kebab Stall
10-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Played 8 games in the NBDL, averaged about 9/7 (roughly, might have been a bit higher) and got a call up to the Heat. First game was poor, but since then I have had 4 pretty good games. Averaging around 7/7, I think.

Rated a 62 now. Rebounding being my best attribute, followed closely by low post offense.

gasolina
10-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Props to 2K for giving us this highly addictive, previously untouched genre of sports-rpg.

I did a 6'8 SF

After the preseason games with the pistons with all A ratings, they didn't pick me up. I went to Milwaukee for training camp but got cut after 4 games (I got an A+ in my 4th game lol). Spent maybe 5 games in with the Eerie Bayhawks averaging 14/5/2 when I got the call from the Nets.

1st game was in December, against the Raptors. At the 2 min mark in the 1st I subbed in as PF against Chris Bosh. Had 16 pts 5 rebs on all garbage buckets which got me player of the game.

Next game was against the Lakers and I was a starter. I dropped 14 pts on ron artest before kobe sealed the game. Damn you Kobe!!!!!

Next game against the wolves I was back to the bench :wtf:

Abd El-Krim
10-23-2009, 07:56 PM
The patch will allow you to alter quarter length in My Player from 5-12 minutes.

In other news, I made my debut with the Los Angeles Clippers last night. It's pretty cool when, in the midst of the NBDL doldrums, you get the surprise call up.

Hope you have better luck with the Clippers than I did.

Al Thornton
10-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Hope you have better luck with the Clippers than I did.
:lol I would kill to play for the Clippers, I'm still in summer league but with the ****ing Lakers

Abd El-Krim
10-23-2009, 11:52 PM
:lol I would kill to play for the Clippers, I'm still in summer league but with the ****ing Lakers

Don't ever say that! I was pumped at first because as a SF it seemed like a great supporting cast. I think maybe Dunleavy was the problem. Everybody just seemed really unhappy the whole time, and nobody played D or passed.

ukballer
10-24-2009, 04:25 AM
Is the patch that's being made, I presume for both 360 and PS3 also being released for PC? I've been looking around but not actually been able to find out.

Just getting a bit frustrated with 5 min quarters in what is otherwise an excellent aspect of the game. It makes the stats go all funny, like when I got called up to the Hornets, CP3's averages just dropped like a stone because of the inability to change quarter lengths. It made looking at the stats pointless and made them look stupidly unrealistic. I know it's not the most important part of the game, but CP3 only getting to average 4 assists a game for the month of December simply because of the locked quarter length is pretty retarded, especially when the AI vs AI games are played as if 12 min quarters have occured.

NY-Knicks
10-24-2009, 08:49 AM
I have 2k10 on the 360, but live in Europe. Of course, Draft Combine isn't available over here. So does anyone know how to up my quarter length. I had a pg (6'4 / 195), averaged 4 points, 4 boards and 15 assists in training camp with the Knicks. All my games were against Duhon, and I owned him every single game. Average teammate grade was an A I think. In the final game it was me against Barnes, I totally outplayed him, but I was cut instead of him, wtf. The extra minutes would certainly help.

And what is the best way to get invited to training camps? I want to go to the Sixers, they have a really nice Training Facility. Can only play on that court if you are invited to their training camp.

My first guy got I thought 25 invites, but I chose the Knicks (their facility on 2k10 is f*cking ugly, and I'm a Knicks fan).

Anyone here who can help me?

Abd El-Krim
10-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Is the patch that's being made, I presume for both 360 and PS3 also being released for PC? I've been looking around but not actually been able to find out.

Just getting a bit frustrated with 5 min quarters in what is otherwise an excellent aspect of the game. It makes the stats go all funny, like when I got called up to the Hornets, CP3's averages just dropped like a stone because of the inability to change quarter lengths. It made looking at the stats pointless and made them look stupidly unrealistic. I know it's not the most important part of the game, but CP3 only getting to average 4 assists a game for the month of December simply because of the locked quarter length is pretty retarded, especially when the AI vs AI games are played as if 12 min quarters have occured.

In addition to stats it sucks because minutes played seems to be an important part of the awards. I'm at 36 ppg but only about 18 minutes, and as a result am 4th in all-star votes at my position. Can't seem to lock up a player of the week award even with ridiculous numbers. It renders half those milestones impossible more or less.

EDIT - This changed as the season went on. Became favorite for MVP and MIP, and made all-star team before the game **** itself.

Kebab Stall
10-30-2009, 12:59 PM
What the hell is going on?

I managed to become a starter on the Heat, playing 15 mins a game and I was doing really well. Through the 3 or 4 games that I was a starter, I must have averaged 14/7 with atleast a teammate rating of A- (before that, I was playing about 10-12 mins off the bench and putting up around 9/5). Then, all of a sudden, I get thrown back on the bench and I'm lucky if I play 8 minutes a game. Now, I'm averaging about 6/2 in about 7 mins and getting a teammate rating of about B. An there's no way of doing any better, because it seems as though the negative teammate things are having an even bigger deficit now. I managed to get to a B+ in a game earlier, after 2 mistakes, I was down at a C-, how the f*ck that happened, I don't know, but I just turned the game off and threw my controller at the wall.

I might have to go and start an association, because this has really pissed me off.

Also, which ever f*cking retard thought it would be a good idea to set the quarter to length to 5 mins with no way of changing it, deserves to be f*cking fired.

Another thing, what the hell is up with some of these retarded rebounding animations? I tried to go for a rebound and my guy jumped up and done some sort of stupid f*cking fetal position. Rebounding animations better be sorted out, because they are terrible.

KG215
10-30-2009, 02:51 PM
So is there anyway to change the amount of time at all on 360? Other than waiting on the patch?

Kebab Stall
10-30-2009, 03:17 PM
So is there anyway to change the amount of time at all on 360? Other than waiting on the patch?
No. Unless you got the Draft Combine. Also, since I don't have a live account, I can't get the patch.

F*cking retarded game developers. Seriously, setting the quarter length to 5mins was just flat out dumb.

KG215
10-30-2009, 05:13 PM
No. Unless you got the Draft Combine. Also, since I don't have a live account, I can't get the patch.

F*cking retarded game developers. Seriously, setting the quarter length to 5mins was just flat out dumb.

Agreed. I don't have a Live account either. That's why I decided to be a PG because I don't feel the need to score 25-35 points a game to be satisfied with my production is so few of minutes.

I just finished my second game with the T-Wolves on the summer circuit. I started over because I had been playing as an all-around PG, but after reading through this thread, I decided to try one out as an athletic PG and like it much better. The difference of speed between an athletic and all-around PG is night and day. I like it so much better. It's so much easier to attack the rim and finish. In my last game I had 20/13/5. Through two games I'm now averaging 15.5/9.5/4.5 and an average teammate grade of an A.

bdreason
10-30-2009, 06:21 PM
You guys realize longer games is actually worse for building your player, right?

Abd El-Krim
10-30-2009, 06:43 PM
You guys realize longer games is actually worse for building your player, right?

Assuming you can get enough minutes to meet goals and build you teammate grade it is.

Although not necessarily. If you make a guy who is short for his position he can rack up performance points pretty quickly, more minutes the better.

ukballer
10-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Currently playing My Player mode right now with the Pistons in Summer League. 5'10 PG, 171 pounds.

Was playing extremely well against the Knicks, and had got my grade up up to B+ about halfway through the 2nd quarter already. Then they moved me to ****ing Small Forward and guarding WILSON CHANDLER. Basically, an even smaller version of Rajon Rondo was forced by his coaching staff to guard Wilson Chandler. Needless to say, he posted me up every time down the floor, unable to do anything about it either. Of course, my grade went down to like a C+, and I was only able to get it back to a B by the end of the game, basically killing any chance I had of making it to training camp. **** off 2K Sports with that ****.

KG215
10-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Can someone please explain the clone issue to me on here and a way around it? I've only got 2 summer games left and want to try and avoid it if at all possible.

I know someone said earlier in the thread to restart the game when your team tells you they don't want to invite you to training camp. Does that mean when you restart it you'll get a training camp invite?

MeLO MvP 15
10-30-2009, 07:01 PM
you know what has happended to me like 5 times.... ull be in a game and all of a sudden without touch a button, its says like "bad call for pass" like 10 times in a row, then excessive call for pass... then keeps going till u score or go on defense.... ruined my grade in the last 20 sec of a game... rly annoying

Abd El-Krim
10-30-2009, 07:16 PM
you know what has happended to me like 5 times.... ull be in a game and all of a sudden without touch a button, its says like "bad call for pass" like 10 times in a row, then excessive call for pass... then keeps going till u score or go on defense.... ruined my grade in the last 20 sec of a game... rly annoying

I never saw that.

The bad call for pass stuff is annoying at first. I think it is rating dependent, as you get better you still get bad call/excessive call penalties but it's not as severe of a penalty as early on.

Kebab Stall
10-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Can someone please explain the clone issue to me on here and a way around it? I've only got 2 summer games left and want to try and avoid it if at all possible.

I know someone said earlier in the thread to restart the game when your team tells you they don't want to invite you to training camp. Does that mean when you restart it you'll get a training camp invite?
After summer league, you'll get invites to training camps. Do not select a training camp. I just turned off my xbox and turned it back on, loaded up My Player and I was automatically put on a team's training camp roster. It was the Bulls for me.

I've had no issues with the clone thing.

I've had that a couple of times happen to me. It's really f*cking annoying.

There are so many bugs and glitches, it's beyond ridiculous.

I might give the My Player mode a rest for a bit and give the association mode a go.

KG215
10-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Well I got an invite to the T-Wolves training camp so I won't have to worry about the player clone issue, but I'm 6th in line out of all the PG's in training camp. The starter/backup/bench rotation is Flynn/Sessions/Atkins, then there is one possible cut, and two likely cut, I'm the second likely cut player. Guess I've got a lot of work ahead of me if I don't want to be cut.

Flynn is deemed the starter, and I understand that, but I completely out played him in the summer league.

Abd El-Krim
10-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Well I got an invite to the T-Wolves training camp so I won't have to worry about the player clone issue, but I'm 6th in line out of all the PG's in training camp. The starter/backup/bench rotation is Flynn/Sessions/Atkins, then there is one possible cut, and two likely cut, I'm the second likely cut player. Guess I've got a lot of work ahead of me if I don't want to be cut.

Flynn is deemed the starter, and I understand that, but I completely out played him in the summer league.

It's doable. I just had the exact same situation with my new pg on the Pacers and got on.

KG215
10-30-2009, 09:16 PM
God this game can really tick me off.

I complete all of my objectives, win the game, and still end up with a B+ rating.

My stats from the game: 12/17, 25 pts, 11 ast, 4 rebs, 1 stl, 2 blk
My defensive assignment: 8/18, 16 pts, 1 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 0-4 3PM/3PA

The guy I was guarding got 16 points, 6 of them off a pick and roll that my teammate never defended correctly, and 4 of them off a fastbreak that I had no shot at stopping.

KG215
10-30-2009, 11:01 PM
How does the getting cut thing work in training camp? Do you make it all the way through training camp or can you get cut after the 3rd or 4th game?

I just went for 23/17/7 but my man went for 28/5/8. Fortunately I finished with a A+ rating, because a lot of the shots my man took and made I had a hand in his face, and go ta "good shot defense".

Abd El-Krim
10-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Only been through it twice. The one time I did get cut it was after the 5th training camp game.

KG215
10-31-2009, 12:47 AM
If they don't Jon Barnes (one of the created PG's ahead of me) after this game I'm going before they cut me, I'm going to be ticked.

me: 10/15, 23 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO
Barnes: 5/19, 10 points, 8 assists, 1 rebound, 1 TO

KG215
10-31-2009, 03:35 AM
Well, I finished out training camp and got sent to the Bakersfield Jam in the NBDL. Oh well, hopefully I can work my way up to the NBA pretty quickly.

I don't get it though. I averaged 24.3 pts, 12.4 asts, 4.8 rebs, 1.8 stls, 0.9 blk, 1.3 TO. My teams went 4-1 in training camp, and the only loss was by 2 in OT. I even finished every game with the "position battle" in my favor. I started 2 games against Chucky Atkins (the bench PG in the T-Wolves rotation), two against Sessions (the backup PG), and one against the generic guy. In all 5 I came out with the "position battle" meter in my advantage.

Abd El-Krim
10-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Jon Barnes > you

ukballer
10-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Finally! I made it to training camp for an NBA team! Sort of. Pistons, who I played with at Summer League didn't invite me to their camp, but I have interest from the 29 others teams. :oldlol:

Seeing as I'm a PG, I'm looking at teams that I think I could hopefully get a starting spot with very quickly.

Current teams I'm thinking of going with.

Kings - Ok they got Tyreke Evans, but Beno Udrih and Sergio Rodriguez aren't really going to be too much competition imo anyway.

Lakers - D-Fish is getting on a bit, and I hate Jordan Farmar (don't ask me why, just one of those things you can't always explain). Nothing would give me more pleasure than to outplay him and push him out of the rotation.

Pacers - TJ Ford and Earl Watson would be the main obstacles, but I already outplayed Diener and AJ Price in Summer League and see no reason why I couldn't do it again.

Grizzlies - Not sure on this one. Conley I think I could beat, Marcus Williams should be fine too, but then the slight problem of AI! Probably not this team, but better option than a lot of others.

Cavaliers - Alley-ooping to LeBron all day could be fun, and they are slightly lacking in the PG department with Boobie and Mo. Boobie I think I could beat, but Mo...I think he'll be too much right now. Not forgetting Delonte too.

Any suggestions?

ukballer
10-31-2009, 05:41 PM
Never mind, I went with the Lakers, and Jon Barnes is trying to make the team too here. :oldlol:

intrinsic
10-31-2009, 05:43 PM
^ knicks or warriors maybe?

KG215
10-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Since you didn't get invited to the Pistons training camp you need to watch out for the clone glitch.

And I thought I wouldn't have any problem beating out Ramon Sessions and Chucky Atkins, but despite out playing them in training camp, I still got sent to the NBDL. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

KG215
10-31-2009, 07:09 PM
How long has it taken some of y'all to get called up to the NBA?

I'm the 6th man for the Jam but am putting up better numbers than my counterpart.

my stats through 5: 11.6 MPG, 16.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 6.6 apg, 2.0 spg, 1.4 TOPG, 62.5% FG

starting PG: 17.2 MPG, 7 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.2 spg, 1.2 TOPG, 56.5% FG

KG215
10-31-2009, 09:16 PM
So after my last 3 NBDL games I get a message from my advisor saying, that he's sorry but my NBA team has decided to cut me, but the Jam have decided to offer me a contract, even though I've never been in the NBA and have played 8 games with the Jam now. Is that a bad thing? Has anyone else had this problem? Does that mean I won't ever get called up to the NBA?

franchise#3
10-31-2009, 09:21 PM
76 games into the NBA season with the Blazers, starting PG my averages are: 33.3 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 3.9apg, 1.7spg in 17mpg. Can't wait for the playoffs.

Kebab Stall
11-01-2009, 11:22 AM
So after my last 3 NBDL games I get a message from my advisor saying, that he's sorry but my NBA team has decided to cut me, but the Jam have decided to offer me a contract, even though I've never been in the NBA and have played 8 games with the Jam now. Is that a bad thing? Has anyone else had this problem? Does that mean I won't ever get called up to the NBA?
It's just another bug. It won't do anything.

Maniak
11-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah I was getting that alot.

KG215
11-01-2009, 12:02 PM
It's just another bug. It won't do anything.

It won't do anything as in, I'll eventually get called up to the NBA? Or it won't do anything, as in I won't ever called up.

ukballer
11-01-2009, 03:37 PM
It won't do anything as in, I'll eventually get called up to the NBA? Or it won't do anything, as in I won't ever called up.

It means it won't affect whether you called up or not. It's just a silly bug.

Oh, and I got cut after my 3rd training camp game. Shame really as I thought I was doing ok, but I got sent to the LA D-Fenders, so will just keep working till I get a callup.

KG215
11-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I decided to try one as a 7'5" athletic center and am doing very well three games into training camp: 24 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.3 bpg, 63% FG.

I moved up from likely cut to possible cut after Kwame Brown got cut after the third game. The other generic made up player that moved up to the bench hasn't even played in a training camp game yet, so I'm hoping he plays in one of the final two games, and I completely out perform him, he gets cut, and I make the team as the third center behind Wilcox and Mihm. The thing is I just went head to head with Mihm, and I went for 27/12/5/2, while Mihm went for 2/3/3/1. Not sure why I wouldn't be ahead of Mihm, but oh well. I just want to make the team.

Abd El-Krim
11-01-2009, 09:21 PM
:lol Kwame getting cut. At least the game devs got something right.

I restarted as a 6-3 athletic pg and am cutting it up for the Pacers. All the other pgs are pissed, TJ and Watson got dealt for Tayshaun and Grant Hill. For some reason those guys never play.

Still bent about losing the other file every time my guy bricks a jumper or gets his ankles broken. Definitely keep a backup career file if you invest serious time in the game.

KG215
11-01-2009, 10:13 PM
I went up against the Pistons starting 5 in my final training camp game, except Bruce Bowen replaced Hamilton at SF. I had rip, Bynum, DaJaun Summers, and Ely on my team, and we lost 64-56, because they got ridiculously hot and scored on every possession in the 4th quarter including 3 or 3 threes. Not much we could do since they were hitting some insanely tough shots.

me: 32 pts, 14 reb, 4 ast, 14/21 FG, 4/6 FT
Wilcox: 8 pts, 3 reb, 4-5 FG

I made the team!! I'm Wilcox's backup, despite completely dominating him in the two training camp games we went head-to-head.

Knicks101
11-01-2009, 11:26 PM
This game is way too easy. I'm a 6'6 Athletic PG on the Bulls. We have the best record in the league and I'm made the All Star Game as the 12th man. I'm currently the favorite to win ROY, 6th Man of the Year and I'm neck and neck with Kobe in the MVP race. :lol I'm going to be the MVP and I'm not even starting, I'm such a beast.

Abd El-Krim
11-01-2009, 11:44 PM
This game is way too easy. I'm a 6'6 Athletic PG on the Bulls. We have the best record in the league and I'm made the All Star Game as the 12th man. I'm currently the favorite to win ROY, 6th Man of the Year and I'm neck and neck with Kobe in the MVP race. :lol I'm going to be the MVP and I'm not even starting, I'm such a beast.

What kind of performance point deduction do you get at 6'6 PG for the height? Like if you go Great with 40/5/5 or something? As a 6-7 SF that would get me like 900 in that category but 6-3 PG it's half that.

Knicks101
11-01-2009, 11:52 PM
What kind of performance point deduction do you get at 6'6 PG for the height? Like if you go Great with 40/5/5 or something? As a 6-7 SF that would get me like 900 in that category but 6-3 PG it's half that.

I average 22PPG 8APG 2RPG 2SPG playing 14 Minutes a game. :lol So I get a lot of performance points. Like 1400 I would say on average. When I play a really good game, like when I scored 65, I got 3800 I think. I'm a 78 overall right now.

Abd El-Krim
11-02-2009, 12:06 AM
I average 22PPG 8APG 2RPG 2SPG playing 14 Minutes a game. :lol So I get a lot of performance points. Like 1400 I would say on average. When I play a really good game, like when I scored 65, I got 3800 I think. I'm a 78 overall right now.

Nah I mean just from the category that's at the top that says great or good. If you're only getting 1400 total with those averages, you're probably coughing up 600-800 per game because you're 6-6 as opposed to if you were shorter. Anyway, you still answered the question I guess.

Knicks101
11-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Nah I mean just from the category that's at the top that says great or good. If you're only getting 1400 total with those averages, you're probably coughing up 600-800 per game because you're 6-6 as opposed to if you were shorter. Anyway, you still answered the question I guess.

Oh, I misunderstood the question.

Does anybody else's team make stupid trades constantly? The Bulls traded Joakim Noah for Marquis Daniels(Who gets No Minutes) for some reason and now Tyrus Thomas is playing Center all the time and they put Hinrich at SF and Rose at SG. :hammerhead: We still have the best record in the league so I guess they can't be that bad.

chadsmith5
11-02-2009, 02:21 PM
ive played 21 games for the kings at pg...it keeps telling me after each game that "there are several teams out there that want you, or you can stay with your current team, so what are you going to do?" but i dont know how to look at the teams and make my decision....some help here please?

KG215
11-02-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm having fun and all but I wish I could get more PT. I've played 3 games with the Pistons and am averaging: 4.3 mpg, 8.7 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 72.2% FG, and I have a PER of 49.94, which would lead the league if I had enough minutes to qualify.

GOBB
11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Oh, I misunderstood the question.

Does anybody else's team make stupid trades constantly? The Bulls traded Joakim Noah for Marquis Daniels(Who gets No Minutes) for some reason and now Tyrus Thomas is playing Center all the time and they put Hinrich at SF and Rose at SG. :hammerhead: We still have the best record in the league so I guess they can't be that bad.

Yo when i got called up to the Houston Rockets. Andre Miller was thier starting PG. I'm like :wtf: did I accidently upload a bad roster or something? I checked my rosters and Andre Miller was on the Blazers. So finally i went to the overall NBA league in My Player and saw numerous trades went down. Thats funny how the computers just makes deals.

KG215
11-02-2009, 06:30 PM
ive played 21 games for the kings at pg...it keeps telling me after each game that "there are several teams out there that want you, or you can stay with your current team, so what are you going to do?" but i dont know how to look at the teams and make my decision....some help here please?

Same thing is happening to me. I'm 5 games into the season and my advisor is telling me the same thing and I can't figure out how to look at see which teams are wanting me. I think it's another bug.

Knicks101
11-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Yo when i got called up to the Houston Rockets. Andre Miller was thier starting PG. I'm like :wtf: did I accidently upload a bad roster or something? I checked my rosters and Andre Miller was on the Blazers. So finally i went to the overall NBA league in My Player and saw numerous trades went down. Thats funny how the computers just makes deals.

:lol Did they trade anybody good for Miller? The only trade I was upset about was the Noah trade. He was athletic so I could run the pick and roll with him a lot. The Mavericks are killing it with the trades though. They traded Josh Howard for Kevin Martin, then they traded Jason Terry for Tayshuan Prince. Their lineup looks like this.

Kidd
Martin
Prince
Nowitzki
Dampier

With Marion as the sixth man. :bowdown: :bowdown:

KG215
11-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Does the CPU make a ridiculous percentage of their shots against anyone else? Or is it just me?

I just got done playe 76ers and they shot 100% in the first half: 11/11, 3/3 3P. They went on to shoot 80 something percent for the game. As acenter that makes it very hard for me to get rebounds when there's only 5-7 misses max, when I'm in the game.

I did finally get moved into the starting lineup in game #8 (only because of an injury to Wilcox) and went for 17 and 3 in 12 minutes. I have to go off like gangbusters in the first quarter because once my stamina starts dipping scoring because extremely tough. I have found that if I just go stand near the basket and push the "call for pass" button I can get a lot of easy shots right by the rim, instead of having to rely on a turn-hook shot that is always pretty iffy. In one game I played 3 minutes in the 1st quarter and scored 14 points and finished with 18 for the game, in 7 minutes of action.

ukballer
11-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Does the CPU make a ridiculous percentage of their shots against anyone else? Or is it just me?

Nope you're completely correct. Last night in Summer League against the Warriors, Morrow goes 9/9 from 3 point land in 5 minute quarters. Yeah I know Morrow is a beast, but still...

Just glad it wasn't me guarding him or my grade would have taken a huuuge hit.

Started a new player now, just got a bit bored with my last one as I'd left him at 150lbs (not by choice, just forgot to change it) and he was getting abused. :lol

Kinda want to mould this new guy into a Brandon Jennings type player. 6'1, 170lbs. Summer League with the Raptors is going ok. First game got A-, but the rest of the games have been B+ or B, along with one poor B- game. Still should be enough to get me to training camp with a team. Just 1 more Summer League game left now.

KG215
11-05-2009, 01:30 PM
That's another reason I wanted to start another one as a center. As a PG or SG, every game I would get abused, because my man would hit an obscene amount of threes on me. Even if I was contesting them. That's why I wish we could control the sliders in My Player mode.

In Association mode I have to turn down the CPU's 3 point AI, because if I leave it at 50, they hit at least half of their threes in a game.

ukballer
11-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Just an observation I've made since making this new player. Apart from my first player I made, all the other players I've made have been PG's, and pretty undersized ones at that. This new player is the tallest and heaviest PG that I've made so far, but unlike my other players, I haven't once been moved to SG!

Whereas my 5'8, 150lbs PG was constantly played in SG, and even occasionally at SF.

The reason I believe is because of my player's trait. In the past I've set him as either a 3 point specialist or a scorer, but this time round I made him an all-rounder.

So for anyone who may be getting pissed with their player being forced out of position, especially if your player is a PG, maybe try All-Rounder and see if it makes a difference.

jroc20boys
12-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Anyone Playing NBA 2k10 MY Player mode on PS3?

yeah im playing 2k10 on ps3 i'm 6'7 sg with the nuggets i'm the leading scores can u beleve that melo is second lol were ties for 4th in the west right now in the end of january on my first season they be making sum stupid trades man they traded jr smith for steve blake and he only get like 3 or 5 minutes a game

why

CrimsonSilver
12-28-2009, 02:34 PM
yeah im playing 2k10 on ps3 i'm 6'7 sg with the nuggets i'm the leading scores can u beleve that melo is second lol were ties for 4th in the west right now in the end of january on my first season they be making sum stupid trades man they traded jr smith for steve blake and he only get like 3 or 5 minutes a game

why

This isnt a surprise actually. AI in the game sucks at this point and your teammates do alot of dumb things that are unexplainable. Few players in this game even play like their counterparts. Ray Allen is one of them, he is pretty sick.

So far in my second season, one season with Thunder and one with the Bulls....Derrick Rose just flat out suck in this game, he is fast and has a decent 8 foot jumper, he misses alot of open jumpers and takes unreasonable amount of threes that he shouldnt be taking. He is averaging 14 and 10 asst though. Its so bad, that I got Joakim Noah averaging 16 a game. I play SF, PF and SG. Which is another issue this game needs to be fixed. AI for coaching.

Thank god the second patch is coming out soon. Since it was announced to be submitted to Microsoft and Sony.

ThatwasNASHty13
12-29-2009, 08:49 PM
how long of quarters should i play so every game is close to real life scores?

jroc20boys
01-01-2010, 06:01 PM
This isnt a surprise actually. AI in the game sucks at this point and your teammates do alot of dumb things that are unexplainable. Few players in this game even play like their counterparts. Ray Allen is one of them, he is pretty sick.

So far in my second season, one season with Thunder and one with the Bulls....Derrick Rose just flat out suck in this game, he is fast and has a decent 8 foot jumper, he misses alot of open jumpers and takes unreasonable amount of threes that he shouldnt be taking. He is averaging 14 and 10 asst though. Its so bad, that I got Joakim Noah averaging 16 a game. I play SF, PF and SG. Which is another issue this game needs to be fixed. AI for coaching.

Thank god the second patch is coming out soon. Since it was announced to be submitted to Microsoft and Sony.

i know wat u mean ty lawson does the same thing but check this out im 7th in the league in scoring and were 2nd in the west 37-25 i love this game but at time i can hate it lol after i lost to dallas i dont know wat happend my teammates steped up we won 9 straight with me leading the way now goin for our tenth win we fall short to the pacers lol i know right they traded tj ford for prince and he and granger could not miss i still scored 44 points in the lost but i love this game!