PDA

View Full Version : anybody ever see the movie speed with keanu reeves?

Chuck Thou NBA
10-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Hahahaha this has got to be a joke. Its genre is action, crime and thriller.
I rate it, comedy, joke and embarrasin.
Watch it if you can.

BankShot
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Hahahaha this has got to be a joke. Its genre is action, crime and thriller.
I rate it, comedy, joke and embarrasin.
Watch it if you can.

Who over the age of 15 hasn't seen Speed??

Skyscraper
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Sandra Bullock's first big shot at fame.

back then crashing an exploding bus into an airplane leaving the terminal was an acceptable Hollywood stunt

JayGuevara
10-16-2009, 12:39 PM

Demolition Man? It had Stallone and Snipes. And Denis Leary. And Rob Schneider. And Paco from Blood In Blood Out. Jesse Ventura, Goldberg from WCW, and Jack Black also in minor roles.

rufuspaul
10-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Demolition Man? It had Stallone and Snipes. And Denis Leary. And Rob Schneider. And Paco from Blood In Blood Out. Jesse Ventura, Goldberg from WCW, and Jack Black also in minor roles.

Wow. Now I'm gonna have to see that.

Legend of Josh
10-16-2009, 12:41 PM

I liked the mind-sex scene. Oh, and the whole three seashells thing has mind-raped me for a long time now. What's the deal with those, how does that work exactly?

:confusedshrug:

rezznor
10-16-2009, 12:44 PM
i dont remember goldberg or jack black. gonna have to watch it again.

Skyscraper
10-16-2009, 12:45 PM

apparently in their future timeline, Taco Bell won the franchise wars and became the only restaurant on Earth.

OneMoreSucka
10-16-2009, 12:45 PM
That movie is a classic. Particularly when the bus makes the leap over the broken bridge, completely disregarding the laws of physics and gravity.

Meticode
10-16-2009, 12:46 PM
I liked the mind-sex scene. Oh, and the whole three seashells thing has mind-raped me for a long time now. What's the deal with those, how does that work exactly?

About a year ago, PoopReport tackled a question that has vexed moviegoers for years: how does one actually wipe their butt using the three seashells in Sylvester Stallone's Demolition Man?

Here's the background, as reported in PoopReport's Movie Poop-Scene Archive:

Entry #1: Sylvester Stallone plays a cop who is cryogenically frozen for some crime, then thawed out in the future to track down his nemesis, who has escaped. At one point Stallone goes for a crap and finds that they don't use toilet paper in the future. One smart-ass comments, "Maybe we should tell him what the seashells are for."

Entry #2: The previous poster forgot to mention that after the smart-ass's "three seashells" remark, Stallone gets in front of the credit fine machine and starts cussing, producing several fine credits because of violation of the verbal morality act. He uses these pieces of paper to relieve himself of trying to figure out the three seashells.

And here's a screenshot of the apparatus in question:
http://www.poopreport.com/Images/3shells.jpg

Despite the best efforts of the members of this site, we've found no reasonable answer to this question. But in an interview on Ain't It Cool News (question 9), Stallone himself shed some light on the issue:

Q: For the love of all that is good and Holy. How do you use the 3 seashells?!

A: OK, this may be bordering on the grotesque, but the way it was explained to me by the writer is you hold two seashells like chopsticks, pull gently and scrape what's left with the third. You asked for it... Be careful what you ask for, sorry.

There you hav-- hmm. I'm thinking about it. I'm using my imagination. I'm pantomiming it here in my desk chair. No... nope. I still don't get it.

And I'm not alone. Ignoring the bizarre physical contortions this would require, and the pain such scraping would engender, there are these concerns as outlined by an AICN commentator: "Aside from saving paper, what's the futuristic benefit? Who washes the seashells? If you don't get a perfect swipe the first time, what the hell do you do in your stall with feces-covered seashells?"

Indeed. The future is still a mystery. According to IMDB.com, story credit for Demolition Man go to Peter M. Lenkov and Robert Reneau, with Daniel Waters sharing screenplay credit. Some intrepid PoopReporter needs to track one of them down and ask them directly.

Meticode
10-16-2009, 12:47 PM
http://www.i-mockery.com/shorts/three-seashells/i-mockery-three-seashells.gif

JayGuevara
10-16-2009, 12:51 PM

You never saw Demolition Man? Pshhhh. You better get with it or get close to it there broseph.

I always thought it was kinda weird how that movie referenced Arnold being president and 10 years later he became governor. :confusedshrug:

Take Your Lumps
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM

He doesn't know how to use the three seashells!

Chuck Thou NBA
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
That movie is a classic. Particularly when the bus makes the leap over the broken bridge, completely disregarding the laws of physics and gravity.

Lmao! I know!
Keanu Reeves is a terrible actor! And some of the sh*t he says is like wtf?

I just finished seeing the scene when he is kissing Sandra Bullock on the train after it comes to a stop and he says...

"I have to warn you, I heard relationships based on intensity usually never works."

Lmfao!

Then Sandra is like "I guess we have to base it on sex then."

JayGuevara
10-16-2009, 12:55 PM
i dont remember goldberg or jack black. gonna have to watch it again.

Goldberg was member of Simon's goon squad, and Jack Black was one of the underground dwellers.

sixerfan82
10-16-2009, 01:25 PM
hell yea, speed is like all time top 10 action flicks

hopper is a GREAT villain

Styles p
10-16-2009, 01:27 PM
omg dont hit the stroller, its ok it was cans it was cans.

Manute for Ever!
10-16-2009, 02:02 PM
When interviewed, Keanu gave the greatest analogy ever:

The plot is dense... like popcorn

Tarik One
10-16-2009, 02:12 PM

The role was originally written for Halle Berry but she turned it down.

I understand that this is a popcorn flick and we're supposed to suspend belieft, but the bus jump over the gap in the road was very unrealistic.

'You're crazy!! You're f+#%ing crazy!!' and other funny Keaneau lines. lol. I love when he tries so hard to be all deep and dramatic in this pseudo sort of way that only Keanu can

catzhernandez
10-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Who hasn't seen this movie??

Chuck are you like 13?

emsteez forreal
10-16-2009, 02:22 PM
have you ever seen star wars before?! MORE LIKE STAR BORES.

Chuck Thou NBA
10-16-2009, 02:39 PM
The role was originally written for Halle Berry but she turned it down.

I understand that this is a popcorn flick and we're supposed to suspend belieft, but the bus jump over the gap in the road was very unrealistic.

'You're crazy!! You're f+#%ing crazy!!' and other funny Keaneau lines. lol. I love when he tries so hard to be all deep and dramatic in this pseudo sort of way that only Keanu can

Ahahahaha!
I love the way Keanu tries to be hard and angry its just hilarious! Where has he been anyway?
And good thing Halle Berry turned it down.
It was more like a home made movie.

Chuck Thou NBA
10-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Who hasn't seen this movie??

Chuck are you like 13?

I never heard of this movie before today was it this popular?

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Ahahahaha!
I love the way Keanu tries to be hard and angry its just hilarious! Where has he been anyway?
And good thing Halle Berry turned it down.
It was more like a home made movie.

last movie he made was that re-make of the day the earth stood still..and he stared in that movie street kings..alot of people dissed street kings, but i happened to like it.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-16-2009, 02:49 PM
I never heard of this movie before today was it this popular?

isnt there a speed 2?

SayTownRy
10-16-2009, 02:58 PM
this movie won 2 oscars :lol - sound and special effects

and it was a huge movie in its day. this movie was sandra bullock's break out movie. she had just a small/sidekick/supporting role in demolition man.

bdreason
10-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Speed is a classic.

Demolition Man is a dope movie too.

Skyscraper
10-16-2009, 03:02 PM
isnt there a speed 2?

on a cruise ship with a different male lead.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/Speed_two_cruise_control.jpg

It has Wilem Dafoe (Norman Osborn) and Temeura Morrison (Jango Fett)

SayTownRy
10-16-2009, 04:04 PM
on a cruise ship with a different male lead.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/Speed_two_cruise_control.jpg

It has Wilem Dafoe (Norman Osborn) and Temeura Morrison (Jango Fett)

also featured sandra bullock with short bangs. not a good look. :no:

Jackass18
10-16-2009, 05:57 PM
anybody ever see a basketball game with Charles Barkley?

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-16-2009, 05:59 PM
anybody ever see a basketball game with Charles Barkley?

lol i actually met him after a sixers/lakers game. he autographed my lakers hat.

Chuck Thou NBA
10-16-2009, 07:48 PM
This movie did not win 2 oscar! Bs!
I only watched the whole thing for comedy sake.
The hell is it a classic!
Are you kidding me!

Chuck Thou NBA
10-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Lol I seriously need a new screen name!
People think I am obssesed with Charles Barkley!
What am I supposed to be pissed off?

Knuck the Ficks
10-16-2009, 07:57 PM
For what it's meant to be, Speed is excellent. Most action movies are loaded with lame CGI that just don't do it for me anymore. The two leads have good chemistry and the supporting characters are played well by Dennis Hopper and Jeff Daniels.

On the scale of action movies if Die Hard is a 10 then Speed is about 7.5 . Can you name a movie from this genre that was: (a) better than Speed and (b) came out in the last five years?. There can't be too many.

Skyscraper
10-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Lol I seriously need a new screen name!
People think I am obssesed with Charles Barkley!
What am I supposed to be pissed off?

the best names are those that don't have any particular meaning that can be readily associated. Thus it becomes unique to you.

Try not to make it too ordinary

and don't use a player's name or a team name.

catzhernandez
10-16-2009, 08:53 PM
the best names are those that don't have any particular meaning that can be readily associated. Thus it becomes unique to you.

Try not to make it too ordinary

and don't use a player's name or a team name.
Oh, I've got a good one.

How about something about a basketball player... like Vince Carter... Except that is too long... so how about VC?

Hmm... what about I combine that with something? Like what he drives... That would be cool... But I wonder what he drives? He's like super rich, I bet he drives a Bentley.

Oh I got it!!!!

How about VCDrivesABentleyToPickUpHisKidsFromSchool?

Nah, way too long. Plus, he seems more like a Porsche guy...

And thus, VCDrivesAPorscheToWork was born.

Hallelujah!!

Richie2k6
10-16-2009, 08:56 PM
I saw the first, maybe 3/4 of it. Not very good. Totally weird storyline.

Chuck Thou NBA
10-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Oh, I've got a good one.

How about something about a basketball player... like Vince Carter... Except that is too long... so how about VC?

Hmm... what about I combine that with something? Like what he drives... That would be cool... But I wonder what he drives? He's like super rich, I bet he drives a Bentley.

Oh I got it!!!!

How about VCDrivesABentleyToPickUpHisKidsFromSchool?

Nah, way too long. Plus, he seems more like a Porsche guy...

And thus, VCDrivesAPorscheToWork was born.

Hallelujah!!

Catz how do you know that's vc? I don't think it is.

catzhernandez
10-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Catz how do you know that's vc? I don't think it is.
Idk, there was some sort of "proof" back about a year and a half ago, but I forge twhat it is.

I've seen him in his old home - The New Jersey Nets team forum.

Heck, I just popped in there to see what's up and I find this. (http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85904)

Lol, even a fellow Nets fan questions whether it's VC or not.

I even looked at a few threads from both Sky and VC, and they're all pretty similar as far as grammar and the basic manner in which he/they post(s).

Am I looking too far into this? Sure. But cmon VC, come out of hiding. It's all over now.

Anyways, yes, I'm about 95% sure Skyscraper = VCDrives.

Chuck Thou NBA
10-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Maybe it is him. But heck idc.
Im worried about creating a new screen name.

catzhernandez
10-17-2009, 03:36 AM
Maybe it is him. But heck idc.
Im worried about creating a new screen name.
Nah, it's him.

Lebron23
09-08-2014, 11:40 AM
I watched it again last night. It's still a solid movie. It's probably Keannu's best movie.

Dennis Hooper was a great villain. I cannot believe that this movie was made 20 years ago.

Myth
09-08-2014, 11:58 AM

That was the first rated R movie I ever watched. I think it was a good 1st. Has a special spot in my heart.

gts
09-08-2014, 12:23 PM
I watched it again last night. It's still a solid movie. It's probably Keannu's best movie.

Dennis Hooper was a great villain. I cannot believe that this movie was made 20 years ago.

oh boy you're gonna be challenged on that comment

right off the top I liked him in the matrix and pointbreak more than speed...

nathanjizzle
09-08-2014, 12:29 PM
i loveddd this series of movies as a kid, which probably makes it a joke watching it as an adult.