10-21-2009, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iwHEedMhzo

Out of Bird's playbook. TOO good :bowdown:

Take Your Lumps
10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Gotta admit that was gangster.

oh the horror
10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Damn, that video quality was clear as hell for it being on youtube.

phoenix18
10-21-2009, 01:30 PM
A damn thread for a set shot? You cannot be serious. :violin: Close this bish.

Its not that hard to do that bro.

Abraham Lincoln
10-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Out of Bird's playbook.
No.

ShaqAttack3234
10-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Damn, he has just about everything in his arsenal. I remember him shooting a mini sky hook at the all-star game one year when he was younger. He must be just about impossible to beat in horse.

HylianNightmare
10-21-2009, 01:40 PM
damn all youtube vids need to be that clear, and that was a dick move by kobe at least jump so your defender thinks your trying

ukplayer4
10-21-2009, 01:45 PM
just like everything else in his game- he stole it from mj.

Fatal9
10-21-2009, 01:47 PM
That's a foot away from being a three pointer too.

No.
Yes. He made tons of them throughout his career. I've seen him make at least two threes on set shots too. Magic made them in his later years too actually.

Gotta imagine Payton, Dumars, DJ would be eating those all series :oldlol:. Kobe rarely gets defended by shorter players...it's suicide. Only those with height and length can do a good job on him (Prince, Posey etc).

White Mamba
10-21-2009, 01:52 PM
:roll: :roll: LMAO on the lakers bench after the shot

Abraham Lincoln
10-21-2009, 01:56 PM
That's a foot away from being a three pointer too.

Yes. He made tons of them throughout his career. I've seen him make at least two threes on set shots too. Magic made them in his later years too actually.

Earvin is a good call, however the distinct shooting form of Larry indeed gave him an advantage on his jumpshot, t'was not often a need for him to fade backwards. In the words of the wise man Tom Heinsohn, Larry was the "master of the half-inch."

fox5092
10-21-2009, 02:06 PM
loooolll...i was actually laughing out loud while watching the game. im a huge kobe fan but that was a d**k move lol. so arrogant but damn hes good at it

Rekindled
10-21-2009, 02:13 PM
he stole it from larry bird. larry bird use to just tell the opponent that he will do that and shoot it in their face.

SourGrapes
10-21-2009, 02:16 PM
A damn thread for a set shot? You cannot be serious. :violin: Close this bish.

Its not that hard to do that bro.

other people are enjoying the topic. next time don't click on the thread. you've been called out for this before

if only kobe put that much arch on all his shots

"Jesus"
10-21-2009, 02:36 PM
:roll: :roll: LMAO on the lakers bench after the shot

Yeah :lol Reminded me of the Griffin poster.

iamgine
10-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Isn't that a travel violation?

Maga_1
10-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Isn't that a travel violation?

I don't think so, but if it is .. let it be!
The referees don't see anything.

ImmortalD24
10-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Isn't that a travel violation? Uh.. :roll:

ashar008
10-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Now thats straight up thug.

KenneBell
10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
:oldlol:

Sometimes you wonder if Kobe ever thinks there's shot he can't make.

ShaqAttack3234
10-21-2009, 03:22 PM

Sometimes you wonder if Kobe ever thinks there's shot he can't make.

Why would he considering I've seen him take and make fadeaway3's, I believe left-handed from the corner in either the 4th quarter or OT. I'm thinking of that 65 point game vs Portland in particular. If you can make those in that situation then you can pretty much make anything.

OldSchoolBBall
10-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Why is there a thread for this again? It's really not that hard to do, and Bird, Jordan etc. used to do it quite frequently.

KenneBell
10-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Why is there a thread for this again? It's really not that hard to do, and Bird, Jordan etc. used to do it quite frequently.
First because it was funny. Two because you rarely ever see anyone do it anymore. And three, Bird and Jordan aren't on the court anymore.

Twiens
10-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Kobe's such a diick :oldlol:

Fatal9
10-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Not that I doubt Jordan made them (I can't recall any) but can I see video of him making a set mid-range shot, preferably one that's a 20 footer like this one.

Lyin
10-21-2009, 03:51 PM

Coming from the guy who posts Jordan vids almost a decade and more after his retirement in Chicago. Shut the f*ck up. :oldlol:

I forgot, you're JordanLover on Youtube and JordanForever23 on RealGM. Nothing valid comes when you type.

gyu
10-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Maybe I haven't played or watched basketball enough to understand what's so special about this shot, could somebody please explain? Will rep :pimp:

Lyin
10-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Maybe I haven't played or watched basketball enough to understand what's so special about this shot, could somebody please explain? Will rep :pimp:

If you don't know how difficult that shot is, it's not worth explaining why it's special. Get off your fat azz and attempt to do that in a game.

just_laugh
10-21-2009, 03:58 PM

It's not any special shot at all. It was just funny shot as you were watching the game. The highlight doesn't do justice.

DuMa
10-21-2009, 03:59 PM
talk to me when he can make that shot like Bird did in a MEANINGFUL game. not an exhibition.

Lyin
10-21-2009, 04:03 PM
talk to me when he can make that shot like Bird did in a MEANINGFUL game. not an exhibition.

You are stupid as hell. It's expected from a Rockets fan though so you're pardoned.

Kobe throws it off the backboard to himself in the playoffs in traffic + crunch time but yet couldn't hit a shot he can do routinely.

Kobe haters will hate for everything he does. They gon be mad as hell Oct 27th when Black Mamba gets his 4th ring this decade.

More than the Rockets franchise overall. Embarassing. :roll:

kurple
10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Kobe throws it off the backboard to himself in the playoffs in traffic + crunch time

Great team-mate

elementally morale
10-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Kobe throws it off the backboard to himself in the playoffs in traffic + crunch time

Was that a rebound or an assist, too?

DonDadda59
10-21-2009, 04:09 PM
This is what the NBA forum has come to? A 3-page thread about a fu*king set shot in an exhibition game?

And speaking of Bird, imagine the havoc he would wreak with constant shots like that against defenders who can do nothing but wave at him :roll:

Lyin
10-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Was that a rebound or an assist, too?

It was a rebound. Counts as a missed shot when you throw it off the backboard. My favorite one was the one he did in Utah. Down 8 I believe and he does that in the playoffs. He was incredible that game. Last year vs Houston and Yao was nice too. Should have been AND-1.

OneMoreSucka
10-21-2009, 04:25 PM
It was a rebound. Counts as a missed shot when you throw it off the backboard. My favorite one was the one he did in Utah. Down 8 I believe and he does that in the playoffs. He was incredible that game. Last year vs Houston and Yao was nice too. Should have been AND-1.
No it wasn't/doesn't :oldlol:

If you could purposely throw the ball off the backboard to get your own rebound, we'd have dudes getting 30+ rebound games just for the **** of it.

Lyin
10-21-2009, 04:30 PM
No it wasn't/doesn't :oldlol:

If you could purposely throw the ball off the backboard to get your own rebound, we'd have dudes getting 30+ rebound games just for the **** of it.

Wow @ this dumb@ss. It was counted on the official nba box score as a missed shot. Anyone with half a brain knows this. CLEARLY SameOlSucka doesn't know basketball. I couldn't find the play by play since it was last season but take a look at the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YXbwxLkJbQ

Even two people in the comment page say it's a rebound

Do you watch basketball?

If it doesn't count as a rebound(:oldlol:) then what is it counted as? An assist to yourself? Stop watching AND1 kid.

OldSchoolBBall
10-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Not that I doubt Jordan made them (I can't recall any) but can I see video of him making a set mid-range shot, preferably one that's a 20 footer like this one.

I'm not going to look through hundreds of game videos and then (assuming it's on DVD and not VHS) upload it to youtube. If I had to estimate, he did it a few times every season or so, during the second three-peat in particular; usually from the mid-post or FT line area or just beyond it after turning and facing.

I'll see if I can find one in games that are already on YT. There's no question he's taken and made them, though. I remember because I always thought it was funny that he'd even take them, since you don't have your legs under you and are shooting basically from above your head high up.

elementally morale
10-21-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm not going to look through hundreds of game videos and then (assuming it's on DVD and not VHS) upload it to youtube.

If you have to look through 100s of videos, it means Jordan himself didn't do this shot all that often, did he?

OneMoreSucka
10-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow @ this dumb@ss. It was counted on the official nba box score as a missed shot. Anyone with half a brain knows this. CLEARLY SameOlSucka doesn't know basketball. I couldn't find the play by play since it was last season but take a look at the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YXbwxLkJbQ

Even two people in the comment page say it's a rebound

Do you watch basketball?

If it doesn't count as a rebound(:oldlol:) then what is it counted as? An assist to yourself? Stop watching AND1 kid.
Oh wow, comments on a youtube video, an undeniably reliable source! They're just stans like you, obviously they're going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

You cannot throw the board off the backboard and get a rebound for it when it's intentional. Holy shit, I thought you knew basketball....

Lyin
10-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Oh wow, comments on a youtube video, an undeniably reliable source! They're just stans like you, obviously they're going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

You cannot throw the board off the backboard and get a rebound for it when it's intentional. Holy shit, I thought you knew basketball....

I'll make a thread and prove your stupid azz wrong.

OneMoreSucka
10-21-2009, 04:51 PM
I'll make a thread and prove your stupid azz wrong.
By all means. And please include all the great opinions of idiot youtube users.

OldSchoolBBall
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
If you have to look through 100s of videos, it means Jordan himself didn't do this shot all that often, did he?

I just said he did it a few (maybe a couple) of times each season during the second three peat in particular. Saying hundreds was hyperbole on my part, but due to simple probability, I might have to look at anywhere from 30-90 games to find one such instance. And you're talking about actually watching each offensive possession of those games looking for a specific kind of shot, which takes a ton of time.

goldgrill4me
10-21-2009, 04:55 PM

either way pippen used to shoot set shot threes all the time. its not that impressive.

Lyin
10-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Ha! I was right.

Quote:
04:16 Bryant Layup Shot: Missed
04:14 Bryant Rebound (Off:2 Def:4)
04:14
[LAL 104-90] Bryant Putback Layup Shot: Made (40 PTS)

http://www.nba.com/games/20090506/HO...laybyplay.html

Look at the time of the video and the time on the play by play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3f6b3tVchY

OneMoreSucka takes an L. HARD

Haha

elementally morale
10-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I just said he did it a few (maybe a couple) of times each season during the second three peat in particular. Saying hundreds was hyperbole on my part, but due to simple probability, I might have to look at anywhere from 30-90 games to find one such instance. And you're talking about actually watching each offensive possession of those games looking for a specific kind of shot, which takes a ton of time.

Com' on. :oldlol:

I know you watch those games pretty often, and I'm sure you'd remember if MJ did it in many big games. I'm old enough to remember he did it every once in a while, but it was rare. Bird on the other hand made this shot on the regular. (And hit it, too.)

Lyin
10-21-2009, 04:57 PM
How does it feel to be proven an idiot again SameOlSucka? Let me guess, the official NBA play by play doesn't count either?

goldgrill4me
10-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Ha! I was right.

Quote:
04:16 Bryant Layup Shot: Missed
04:14 Bryant Rebound (Off:2 Def:4)
04:14
[LAL 104-90] Bryant Putback Layup Shot: Made (40 PTS)

http://www.nba.com/games/20090506/HO...laybyplay.html

Look at the time of the video and the time on the play by play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3f6b3tVchY

OneMoreSucka takes an L. HARD
Haha

either way its supposed to be counted only as a shot. only an attempted shot is supposed to be credited with a rebound or assist.

Lyin
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
either way its supposed to be counted only as a shot. only an attempted shot is supposed to be credited with a rebound or assist.

You're wrong. NBA.COM>you.

lmao @ this fool thinking he's smarter than a scorekeeper. ISH mentality at it's finest. LMAO @ you thinking you can't miss a shot and get a rebound.

elementally morale
10-21-2009, 05:02 PM
either way pippen used to shoot set shot threes all the time. its not that impressive.

I think it is impressive. Not the set shot itself, but someone making it in a game, especially this shot not being his trademark. It's just as impressive as if I saw Chris Paul dunk the ball in trafic or Steve Nash dunking it at all. Not that I haven't seen it coming from others, but it's just nice to see Paul/Nash doing it.

Kobe's arsenal taken into account, such a shot is impressive. Not the best shot in the world, but impressive. And it was quite funny as well. Absolutely thread-worthy.

There are tons of bad threads, but this isn't one of them.

On a sidenote, I can't understand why fans of a retired, great player have to talk about him all the time. This thread wasn't even a comparison. I'm sick and tired of reading about what a great player MJ was.

Thanks, we happen to know that.

10-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Haha this Lyin guy is annoying, but...

Owned hard :applause:

momo
10-21-2009, 05:06 PM

Yea. Because MJ invented the set shot. :hammerhead:

Big Al All day
10-21-2009, 05:20 PM
yeah your right, nobody should ever try to play like the best player to play the game. It should be illegal as a matter of fact.

EMERE
10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Damn all those nugget fans, they should just leave, lyin embarrased you guys:roll: :roll: :roll: About sometime somebody put those Nugget fans in their place, they talk **** like if they've won rings.

OneMoreSucka
10-21-2009, 05:35 PM
How does it feel to be proven an idiot again SameOlSucka? Let me guess, the official NBA play by play doesn't count either?
Idiot, the official nba play by play is entirely based off the scorekeeper at the game.

Doranku
10-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Idiot, the official nba play by play is entirely based off the scorekeeper at the game.

Are you honestly still trying to argue your point? He was credited with a missed shot and a rebound. You're wrong. Get over it.

OneMoreSucka
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Are you honestly still trying to argue your point? He was credited with a missed shot and a rebound. You're wrong. Get over it.
Just because the scorekeeper saw it that way, doesn't make it a set rule. None of you kobe homers seem to understand this :oldlol:

goldgrill4me
10-21-2009, 05:48 PM

technically its not supposed to be counted as a rebound. just bc a scorekeeper saw it as a missed shot then rebound and made shot doesnt make it right. they see things at game speed, we see it on replay. therefore it might not as been as obvious to the scorekeeper that he purposely threw it off the glass.

OldSchoolBBall
10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Com' on. :oldlol:

I know you watch those games pretty often, and I'm sure you'd remember if MJ did it in many big games. I'm old enough to remember he did it every once in a while, but it was rare. Bird on the other hand made this shot on the regular. (And hit it, too.)

I never said he did it in big games (he might have, but I don't recall). I do know he did it, though. And yes, it was rare - 2-3 times per season, if that. I said that.

elementally morale
10-21-2009, 05:51 PM
technically its not supposed to be counted as a rebound. just bc a scorekeeper saw it as a missed shot then rebound and made shot doesnt make it right. they see things at game speed, we see it on replay. therefore it might not as been as obvious to the scorekeeper that he purposely threw it off the glass.

I'm a Laker fan and I agree with this. It was on purpose, didn't hit the rim and was not a shot attempt. Shouldn't have been counted as a rebound. Sh!t happens, I guess.

goldgrill4me
10-21-2009, 05:55 PM
I never said he did it in big games (he might have, but I don't recall). I do know he did it, though. And yes, it was rare - 2-3 times per season, if that. I said that.

he does it on the wizards more often. peep some of them if u want to find one that bad. also if u don't come with one that looks exactly like the one kobe did fatal will say its not a set shot.

goldgrill4me
10-21-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm a Laker fan and I agree with this. It was on purpose, didn't hit the rim and was not a shot attempt. Shouldn't have been counted as a rebound. Sh!t happens, I guess.

ya it was a great move. i only commented on it bc of how much of a dick the other guy was being about it. scorekeepers make mistakes often. a lot of times they are later corrected by the nba.

soadrules
10-21-2009, 06:20 PM
How can people seriously be complaining that it's a 'dick' move? He scored a basket. That's the point of basketball. It doesn't matter how you score the damn 2 points, 2 points is 2 points. Are you going to complain if you dunk it rather than lay it in? No.

fox5092
10-21-2009, 06:24 PM
How can people seriously be complaining that it's a 'dick' move? He scored a basket. That's the point of basketball. It doesn't matter how you score the damn 2 points, 2 points is 2 points. Are you going to complain if you dunk it rather than lay it in? No.

because it was done in an arrogant way. kobe couldve taken a normal shot and made it too, but the point is that he wanted to make his defender look bad...like "look, im so much better than u that i dont even have to move to score so stop trying to guard me so close cuz u will inevitably fail". so ya it was a dickmove.

phoenix18
10-21-2009, 06:40 PM
:applause: Great thread.

Next time can we make a layup thread? Pleeeezzeee?

SourGrapes
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
:applause: Great thread.

Next time can we make a layup thread? Pleeeezzeee?

and yet you've posted in it more than once. great strategy.

next time make friends by going outside

phoenix18
10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
and yet you've posted in it more than once. great strategy.

next time make friends by going outside
:roll: Where do you think I have been? Stupid. I CLEARLY just logged back in. So stupid. Click my username and see for yourself. Sourgrapes, more like raisins to me.:oldlol:

goldgrill4me
10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
because it was done in an arrogant way. kobe couldve taken a normal shot and made it too, but the point is that he wanted to make his defender look bad...like "look, im so much better than u that i dont even have to move to score so stop trying to guard me so close cuz u will inevitably fail". so ya it was a dickmove.

wasn't a dick move. he had the shot open and chose to shoot a set shot. big deal.

fox5092
10-21-2009, 07:09 PM
wasn't a dick move. he had the shot open and chose to shoot a set shot. big deal.

but did u watch the game?. cuz his defender was very close to him and most player would try and create some space b4 shooting. kobe didint even bring the ball down. anyways, i think the ppl who watched the game understand. and yes yes i know its been done b4, its just that u dont see it very often

Younggrease
10-21-2009, 07:36 PM

I have seen Kobe do this in playoff games...he did it against Kenyon Martin the year before last after the game where Kenyon thought he shut Kobe down...

Lakeshow23
10-21-2009, 07:56 PM
This is the dumbest **** ever. You can say that about 90% of the dunks done in the NBA. And unnecessary crossover moves. But we don't belittle players for doing these things do we? No, because we know it's part of the show.

Yet somehow Kobe get's singled out because of a fancy shot instead of a fancy dunk or crossover move. Simply incredible.

Connoisseur
10-21-2009, 08:02 PM

Damn, I didn't think anyone can be this stupid.

Lyin
10-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Back to the other point, SameOlSucka got embarassed. Like I said, I didn't need to show the play by play to confirm it. It should be universally known that in the professional level(NBA), if you throw it off the backboard to yourself it counts as a missed shot and rebound. Many times announcers have explained it, Doug Collins and Kevin Harlan recently last playoffs. I'm not surprised morons like SameOlSucka don't know that because he's a box score watcher for fantasy basketball purposes.

Knoe Itawl
10-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Everyone knows how I feel about Kobe, but there's nothing wrong with shooting a shot any way you can get it through the hoop.

This thread is unecessary though. But I look at who started it and it makes sense.

goldgrill4me
10-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Back to the other point, SameOlSucka got embarassed. Like I said, I didn't need to show the play by play to confirm it. It should be universally known that in the professional level(NBA), if you throw it off the backboard to yourself it counts as a missed shot and rebound. Many times announcers have explained it, Doug Collins and Kevin Harlan recently last playoffs. I'm not surprised morons like SameOlSucka don't know that because he's a box score watcher for fantasy basketball purposes.

Section XI-Field Goal Attempt
A field goal attempt is a player's attempt to shoot the ball into his basket for a field goal. The act of shooting starts when, in the official's judgment, the player has started his shooting motion and continues until the shooting motion ceases and he returns to a normal floor position. It is not essential that the ball leave the shooter's hand. His arm(s) might be held so that he cannot actually make an attempt. The term is also used to include the flight of the ball until it becomes dead or is touched by a player. A tap during a jump ball or rebound is not considered a field goal attempt. However, anytime a live ball is in flight from the playing court, the goal, if made, shall count, even if time expires or the official's whistle sounds. The field goal will not be scored if time on the game clock expires before the ball leaves the player's hand.

straight out of the nba rulebook. what kobe did was not a field goal attempt. therefore there can't be a rebound. whether or not a stat keeper made a mistake on that game is irrelevant. understood?

Lyin
10-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Section XI-Field Goal Attempt
A field goal attempt is a player's attempt to shoot the ball into his basket for a field goal. The act of shooting starts when, in the official's judgment, the player has started his shooting motion and continues until the shooting motion ceases and he returns to a normal floor position. It is not essential that the ball leave the shooter's hand. His arm(s) might be held so that he cannot actually make an attempt. The term is also used to include the flight of the ball until it becomes dead or is touched by a player. A tap during a jump ball or rebound is not considered a field goal attempt. However, anytime a live ball is in flight from the playing court, the goal, if made, shall count, even if time expires or the official's whistle sounds. The field goal will not be scored if time on the game clock expires before the ball leaves the player's hand.

straight out of the nba rulebook. what kobe did was not a field goal attempt. therefore there can't be a rebound. whether or not a stat keeper made a mistake on that game is irrelevant. understood?

The act of shooting starts when, in the official's judgment, the player has started his shooting motion and continues until the shooting motion ceases and he returns to a normal floor position.

I guess someone can't read the rules. What Kobe did is counted as a shot per the rule books even if there was no intent to score, it's called outsmarting the system. Let me ask you this, if Kobe made that shot by accident, it wouldn't have counted as a FG? Listen, you're not an NBA scorekeeper or announcer. You're just a poster on a forum that thinks they're bright DESPITE being shown proof that it's a FGA. Just give up. You're not winning this battle. Take the L and walk it out.

Fatal9
10-21-2009, 10:08 PM
I like how some random pre-season dunks deserve multiple threads and something as rare and cool as a set shot from 20 feet out doesn't. :oldlol: at people who think Kobe is a prick for doing this.

Also find it amusing that a guy who can recall the most random Jordan plays out of thin air, and has probably seen every youtube video of him is having a tough time producing a video of him "frequently" doing this.

Lyin
10-21-2009, 10:10 PM
I like how some random pre-season dunks deserve multiple threads and something as rare and cool as a set shot from 20 feet out doesn't. :oldlol: at people who think Kobe is a prick for doing this.

Haters will hate for everything he does. Lol @ being a prick because he put the ball in the basket and taking advantage of the height difference. :oldlol:

fox5092
10-21-2009, 10:22 PM
This is the dumbest **** ever. You can say that about 90% of the dunks done in the NBA. And unnecessary crossover moves. But we don't belittle players for doing these things do we? No, because we know it's part of the show.

Yet somehow Kobe get's singled out because of a fancy shot instead of a fancy dunk or crossover move. Simply incredible.

dude chill out...im a kobe fan...but as a kobe fan. see...this is what i hate about being called a kobe fan cuz ppl like you who get offended when u think ur fav player is being attacked. ive followed and loved kobes game since he entered the league but im allowed to poke some fun...gimme a break. now i remember y i dont come on this site often

fox5092
10-21-2009, 10:24 PM

Damn, I didn't think anyone can be this stupid.

lol wow

for the record i watched the game and i was loving the shot for the exact reasons i posted
some ppl just take things too seriously

BallersTalk
10-21-2009, 10:45 PM

Also find it amusing that a guy who can recall the most random Jordan plays out of thin air, and has probably seen every youtube video of him is having a tough time producing a video of him "frequently" doing this.
I like how you posed for months as a "non-Kobe fan" while indirectly propping up Kobe and now you're going all out and just directly propping him up. What happened?

goldgrill4me
10-21-2009, 10:53 PM
I guess someone can't read the rules. What Kobe did is counted as a shot per the rule books even if there was no intent to score, it's called outsmarting the system. Let me ask you this, if Kobe made that shot by accident, it wouldn't have counted as a FG? Listen, you're not an NBA scorekeeper or announcer. You're just a poster on a forum that thinks they're bright DESPITE being shown proof that it's a FGA. Just give up. You're not winning this battle. Take the L and walk it out.

your an idiot it obviously wasn't a field goal attempt. no one agrees with you. ban yourself again. if u pass the ball and it hits someone in the head and goes in its a field goal too. so ****ing what? if it doesnt go in, its not a field goal attempt.

gyu
10-21-2009, 10:58 PM
If you don't know how difficult that shot is, it's not worth explaining why it's special. Get off your fat azz and attempt to do that in a game.
I would if I knew which part of the shot was special, is it because the ball was behind his head and he shot it? I'm not trying to hate on Kobe he is actually my favourite player, but I just don't see it.

shlver
10-21-2009, 11:09 PM
your an idiot it obviously wasn't a field goal attempt. no one agrees with you. ban yourself again. if u pass the ball and it hits someone in the head and goes in its a field goal too. so ****ing what? if it doesnt go in, its not a field goal attempt.
You just invalidated your argument...:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Rocker09
10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
such a complete player...amazing....:oldlol:

Lyin
10-21-2009, 11:31 PM
You just invalidated your argument...:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

:roll:

I don't even have to debunk what he said. He totally just killed the argument by himself. Damn son.

OldSchoolBBall
10-21-2009, 11:40 PM

I explained what I meant by frequently (2-3 times per season). lol @ you if you think that Jordan's never taken/made one of these shots. :oldlol: I recall amazing plays from memory because they stick with me, yeah. This sort of shot is nothing special, though, so all I remember is that he's done it, not what game it's from.

nbastatus
10-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Wow, sick stuff.

juju151111
10-21-2009, 11:43 PM
I like how you posed for months as a "non-Kobe fan" while indirectly propping up Kobe and now you're going all out and just directly propping him up. What happened?
He has been exposed so many times last year and early this year. He can't deny being a kobe nutgagger. Do u want me to go bump all his threads??? He got exposed and destroyed?? Should i bump?

SourGrapes
10-21-2009, 11:44 PM
:roll: Where do you think I have been? Stupid. I CLEARLY just logged back in. So stupid. Click my username and see for yourself. Sourgrapes, more like raisins to me.:oldlol:

i don't think you're logged on all the time. i just think you're a loser-troll who posts in threads he doesn't want to see (really dumb)

Lyin
10-21-2009, 11:46 PM
I explained what I meant by frequently (2-3 times per season). lol @ you if you think that Jordan's never taken/made one of these shots. :oldlol: I recall amazing plays from memory because they stick with me, yeah. This sort of shot is nothing special, though, so all I remember is that he's done it, not what game it's from.

Video link or shut up. Like Fatal said, you have every Jordan video and game on your computer therefore upload it.

Dave3
10-21-2009, 11:47 PM
He has been exposed so many times last year and early this year. He can't deny being a kobe nutgagger. Do u want me to go bump all his threads??? He got exposed and destroyed?? Should i bump?
A list would be more illustrative lol:D

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-22-2009, 01:05 AM
whenever anything is super crystal clear like this it should get posted.

CB4GOATPF
10-22-2009, 01:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iwHEedMhzo

Out of Bird's playbook. TOO good :bowdown:

Except Bird was being guarded by 7`1 ft CF Brad Sellers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RVMJSCTj5Y#movie_player

2:21 to 2:29

:pimp: :rockon: :roll: :cheers:

AznBBoyX
10-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Jordan also did it in his commercial. The you reach I teach part. Thought this is an interesting bit to add.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpfzaqIuR34

L.A. Jazz
10-22-2009, 02:12 AM
Why do people always come up with "Kobe stole this from..."?
He never claimed that he invented these shots. Thats evolution! Learn from the Greatest. i would love if i could copy even one of MJ's moves. And we would love to see more bigmen with moves of The Dream or McHale.

inclinerator
10-22-2009, 03:19 AM
i recall lebron did this too against will bynum in the pistons last year dont remember the game tho

Doranku
10-22-2009, 04:01 AM

So what is it considered when an intended alley-oop pass goes in? It obviously wasn't a field goal attempt, so how are points assessed? Does he just gain points magically, without a change in his FGM/FGA numbers?

AJ2k8
10-22-2009, 04:13 AM
So what is it considered when an intended alley-oop pass goes in? It obviously wasn't a field goal attempt, so how are points assessed? Does he just gain points magically, without a change in his FGM/FGA numbers?
Of course, you weren't actually under any other impression were you:confusedshrug: :D

CB4GOATPF
10-22-2009, 04:44 AM
He never claimed that he invented these shots. Thats evolution! Learn from the Greatest. i would love if i could copy even one of MJ's moves. And we would love to see more bigmen with moves of The Dream or McHale.

McHale....and Dream...

Dizzle-2k7
10-22-2009, 05:38 AM
:pimp:

Havent seen that since the 80s.. Yea Jordan did it very very very rarely.. but made it POP tho... he did it all the time. ..

So Kobe learns from the absolute greats.. Dream, Duncan, Jordan, Bird?... :bowdown:

Lakeshow23
10-22-2009, 05:47 AM
dude chill out...im a kobe fan...but as a kobe fan. see...this is what i hate about being called a kobe fan cuz ppl like you who get offended when u think ur fav player is being attacked. ive followed and loved kobes game since he entered the league but im allowed to poke some fun...gimme a break. now i remember y i dont come on this site often
Well try and poke fun some other way. Poking fun by calling a player arrogant and a dick because he made a legitimate basketball move is as dumb as it get's.

As. Dumb. As. It. Get's.

mamba24
10-22-2009, 05:57 AM
sorry he owned you....major

Quata
10-22-2009, 06:04 AM
a little off the debating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOIV3Y1MJaQ

Watch it!

fox5092
10-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Well try and poke fun some other way. Poking fun by calling a player arrogant and a dick because he made a legitimate basketball move is as dumb as it get's.

As. Dumb. As. It. Get's.

loll...i never called him a dick... i said it was a dick move. and ya he is arrogant, if ur too blind to see it than ur just retarted

Spoken
10-22-2009, 09:49 AM
good skilled shot...

KAJ=GOAT
10-22-2009, 10:34 AM

Why?

Because it burns their souls that hes the best player of his generation.

"no explanation needed":hammertime:

dawsey6
10-22-2009, 11:11 AM
So many good topics fall out of the 1st page after about 20 replies for a thread about a video of one set shot by Kobe Bryant to go 100+.

Lyin
10-22-2009, 11:12 AM
So many good topics fall out of the 1st page after about 20 replies for a thread about a video of one set shot by Kobe Bryant to go 100+.

Look at this idiot bumping the thread. You just did what you said is stupid. IRONY. :roll:

TheGreatDeraj
10-22-2009, 11:30 AM
a little off the debating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOIV3Y1MJaQ

Watch it!

Looks like he is continuing to improve, I'd prefer him over Farmar as the backup PG.

I love when Kobe gets a smaller defender on him, something very nice normally follows.

elementally morale
10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
if ur too blind to see it than ur just retarted

Way to go on all fronts. :applause:

LA.MJ&KB#1
10-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Kobe is having fun Great Shot...:applause:

dawsey6
10-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Look at this idiot bumping the thread. You just did what you said is stupid. IRONY. :roll:

OH MY GOOOODNEEEESS, SOOO STUUUPIIID!!!!1!! get over yourself fool, it's a throwaway comment.

raptorfan_dr07
10-22-2009, 05:41 PM
[COLOR="Indigo"]
hes the best player of his generation.

No he isn't. :rolleyes:

kshutts1
10-22-2009, 06:14 PM
I've done a set shot multiple times in-game (not NBA, of course, but still in a competitive game), so I know it's not hard at all to do... but it is a jerk move. I know that I feel so much better than the defender when I do it....

U got Served
10-22-2009, 06:58 PM
8 pages on a "kobe set shot" thread huh?
ISH at its best. :applause:

monkeypox
10-22-2009, 07:21 PM
8 pages on a "kobe set shot" thread huh?
ISH at its best. :applause:

You guys do realize that it's people like you that made it go this far? If not it would have been about two pages of people going "ha ha ha, funny" or "nice shot" then it would have fallen out of the first page. But no we have to have like 10 of the anti-laker justice brigade posters trip over each other trying to see who can act like they care the least about it and complain about why it's even here. That's of course right after they posted in a different thread about some camp fodder getting cut or some draft prospect on a different team without noticing the hypocrisy.

purple8gold
10-22-2009, 11:12 PM

I happen to agree with Lyin, you're an idiot. Just my honest opinion, no need to retaliate but you may if it makes you feel better. :D

justin43
10-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Anti-Lakers, I hope you realise that the more you post, the more Laker fans will respond to you. In turn, this will lead to this thread being bumped each and every time.

As for the shot itself, it was a nice skilled shot over a smaller defender.

Lebron23
10-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Nice shot.

nosurrender
10-22-2009, 11:43 PM
ish is f'in hilarious

godofgods
10-22-2009, 11:56 PM
LOL, what luck.

Fatal9
10-23-2009, 05:14 AM
Apparently something that wasn't even thread worthy has 120+ replies and is approaching 5000 views :confusedshrug:

Tonight's game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CADY0xeGS8o :eek:

Dizzle-2k7
10-23-2009, 05:27 AM
That pivot spin.. Kobe invented that. Never seen it before him.. never.

:bowdown:

Killer_Instinct
10-23-2009, 07:52 AM
The man's a basketball genius.