PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age: Origins

RapsFan
10-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Anybody getting this game? Heard much about it?

Qwyjibo
10-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Gonna download the PC version. It looks great and Bioware rarely fails.

RapsFan
10-29-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't follow what company's make which games etc, I guess I should but glad to hear it's a good one. I am a big RPG fan and I am thinking about getting this for the 360.

Kungfro
10-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't follow what company's make which games etc, I guess I should but glad to hear it's a good one. I am a big RPG fan and I am thinking about getting this for the 360.

I'll remember the good ones, and Bioware is definitely that. They made Baldur's Gate, KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect, to name a few.

Canadian company too.

Al Thornton
10-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Gonna download the PC version. It looks great and Bioware rarely fails.

this probably, gonna support bioware by buying Mass Effect 2

Al Thornton
11-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Downloaded it and installed it a little while ago, anyone who's played it what's your opinion? I'm about to start.

Also the original Mass Effect is only $10 on steam right now. Buy it now if you haven't played it.

LJJ
11-07-2009, 11:10 AM
I really like it.

It's so overly mature. Obviously it's also meant as a caricature, but it's also just a breath of fresh air because of it. You have to love how bloody this game is. And you are going to have to make some real difficult game-altering choices on a consistent basis. A huge improvement over for instance KOTOR (The combat is a lot like KOTOR), where the choice given was basically to be more holy than the pope or to be a tyrant.

It's not perfect though. It looks dated. Not that it bothers me, the game is quite pretty in some ways, but it's certainly no Crysis. The "dungeon" areas also last a bit long for my tastes, and the story can be a bit plotholey and illogical.

Overall though, I really like it.

Qwyjibo
11-07-2009, 01:03 PM
this probably, gonna support bioware by buying Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect surprised me so much by how great it was. I mean the gameplay itself was nothing to write home about but the more I got into the story and characters, I couldn't get away from it. I figured it would be good but when it comes to Bioware games, my expectations are always high and Mass Effect exceeded them.

RapsFan
11-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I bought it for the 360 and I am very impressed so far. Still getting used to some of the menu options (tactics etc). Do you guys switch between your party members a lot or do you just play as the character you created. I am not far into the game yet.

Al Thornton
11-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Wow, I've only played a few hours but the game is incredible. It plays like KOTOR set in a lord of the rings type world. Also read that the game is 65-70 hours. That's some good ish.

dukecitydave
11-12-2009, 05:38 PM
I really need to get this game! BioWare is probably my favorite development company. KOTOR, Jade Empire and Mass Effect are among my top ten games of all time.

DirtBag
11-13-2009, 01:08 AM
I got it for PS3, love it. Really good game so far. I thought I'd like it but I like it way more than I thought.

ShannonElements
11-14-2009, 12:14 PM
I bought it for the 360 and I am very impressed so far. Still getting used to some of the menu options (tactics etc). Do you guys switch between your party members a lot or do you just play as the character you created. I am not far into the game yet.

Well, according to the IGN review the PC version is a bit more tactical, whereas the console version is a tad more dumbed down. In the PC version, you aren't going to make it out of many battles by sitting back and just watching what unfolds, rather, you're going to want to micromanage your party.

This is good and bad, in my opinion, and constantly pausing the game to issue various orders takes away from the cinematic feel of the battles.

Anyway, I have it for PC and I love it so far. Like someone else said, it's a lot like KOTOR in the LoTR universe, except so much more in depth at times that it's almost daunting. This game has sunk its hooks in me like no other in quite some time.

jaydacris
11-27-2009, 03:25 AM
im liking it so far
i never got into the star wars ones, but i did get into mass effect
and this ones sweet too

cant wait for mass effect 2

RapsFan
11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
I am getting much better at this game and am loving it. I totally didn't have a proper party set up. Now I have my tank, mage and a couple of warriors. I have figured out the tactics also.

Qwyjibo
11-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Me likey very much too.

It's nothing revolutionary in terms of gameplay or presentation but it's just so polished and does well what it set out to do. There is tons of stuff to do as well.

Best RPG I've played since The Witcher.

browntown
11-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm thinking of getting it over AC2 and NHL10, Should I buy Dragon age first or choose any of the other two? So my thesis is which of these three games should I buy first?

ShannonElements
11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Well, they're all very different games.

clipse026
11-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Also just picked this one up today for PS3. Very good so far. Still learning the controls and the menus. Only thing I don't like so far is how ridiculously bloody you are after every fight :roll: . Did the 1st dungeon part and I came out completely soaked in blood like I was slaughtering people left and right!

RapsFan
11-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Also just picked this one up today for PS3. Very good so far. Still learning the controls and the menus. Only thing I don't like so far is how ridiculously bloody you are after every fight :roll: . Did the 1st dungeon part and I came out completely soaked in blood like I was slaughtering people left and right!

If you are human and have your dog in the party, talk to him and he will clean you off! :oldlol:

Kungfro
11-30-2009, 06:12 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/wvpwya.jpg

ShannonElements
11-30-2009, 07:05 PM
**** you, I'm not done with the game yet. What a dick move.

DeuceWallaces
11-30-2009, 07:33 PM
What a ****ing ******! What type of ********* does that.

Anyway, I'm about 30 hours through the PC version as a Blood Mage. It's ****ing awesome.

ShannonElements
11-30-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm 90 hours in. Still got a ways to go, too. Was looking forward to how it was all going to play out, not so much now thanks to Mr. d0uchebag.

Pro-tip: Use the tab key(I have it mapped to a mouse button) to highlight everything that you can interact with. No telling how much stuff I missed early in the game because I didn't know about this.

DeuceWallaces
11-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Do you run into another healer? I disposed of the first one and don't have any healing spells in my party. I've just been blowing everyone to smithereens with the +20% Fire Damage Gloves and the fireball spell.

ShannonElements
11-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Well, you can make Morrigan into a healer, and you get Wynne when you do the Circle of Magi quest.

DeuceWallaces
11-30-2009, 08:19 PM
That's what I was asking. Wynn didn't make it :oldlol: . I knew I should have redone that conversation with the entrapped templar before I went in the harrowing and cleared that boss. Maybe I'll give Morrigan some healing. Right now she's all crowd control and AoE electricity/cold.

Kungfro
11-30-2009, 08:24 PM
**** you, I'm not done with the game yet. What a dick move.

It's just a joke about how Morrigan disapproves everything. Doesn't spoil anything in the game, don't worry.

ShannonElements
11-30-2009, 08:31 PM
It's just a joke about how Morrigan disapproves everything. Doesn't spoil anything in the game, don't worry.

Well, it says "in the end" and has the broken heart symbol...when I get to the end of the game, and it turns out that Morrigan turns on me, I'm coming up there and we're gonna have some words.

DeuceWallaces
11-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Isn't that how KOTOR2 ends? The old lady turns on you? Speaking of which, Dragon Age is getting me super hype for The Old Republic.

ShannonElements
11-30-2009, 08:34 PM
That's what I was asking. Wynn didn't make it :oldlol: . I knew I should have redone that conversation with the entrapped templar before I went in the harrowing and cleared that boss. Maybe I'll give Morrigan some healing. Right now she's all crowd control and AoE electricity/cold.

Yeah, well, what can you do? Just make different save files so that you can go back if you want, but the decisions you make are part of the draw of these types of games. I missed out on the blood mage specialization because I killed those ****ers you get it from.:oldlol: Next time, next time.

ShannonElements
11-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Isn't that how KOTOR2 ends? The old lady turns on you? Speaking of which, Dragon Age is getting me super hype for The Old Republic.

***SPOILER WARNING***

Yeah, it turns out that she had been a Sith Lord the whole time she was with you.

DeuceWallaces
11-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah, well, what can you do? Just make different save files so that you can go back if you want, but the decisions you make are part of the draw of these types of games. I missed out on the blood mage specialization because I killed those ****ers you get it from.:oldlol: Next time, next time.

There's a book in the Mage tower you can learn it from. Although I did it via the Desire demon in the fade so I'm not sure how it works. Check and see if you have it on you. I think it initiates a quest or something. Once you do it on one character it will be available from the start in a new one.

ShannonElements
11-30-2009, 08:45 PM
It's too late me for now, all my characters already have two specializations. And I killed that possessed kid, so I missed that opportunity as well.

DeuceWallaces
11-30-2009, 08:48 PM
You can read the book, and open it up so that it can be used as soon as you hit level 7 if you create a new alt.

Al Thornton
11-30-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm 90 hours in. Still got a ways to go, too. Was looking forward to how it was all going to play out, not so much now thanks to Mr. d0uchebag.

Gotdamn, I'm less than 10 hours in, sh*ts gonna take forever.

ShannonElements
12-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Gotdamn, I'm less than 10 hours in, sh*ts gonna take forever.

:oldlol: Well, to be fair, I'm very thorough.

DeuceWallaces
12-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah, it shouldn't take 90 hours. I think I'm about halfway through at 25-35 hours.

ShannonElements
12-01-2009, 12:27 AM
I've also done the downloadable quests, which adds to my play time.

ShannonElements
12-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Yeah, it shouldn't take 90 hours. I think I'm about halfway through at 25-35 hours.

I think most people tend to finish in <60 hours. But I've seen people on Gamefaqs claim well over 100 hours. I always listen to all new dialog, and finish every quest available to me, no matter how insignificant. I probably could have shaved a few hours off by knowing you can hit tab and highlight everything interactable, or not going back to camp any time I found a new rune, superior to what I had equipped, etc.

Anyway, I love games like this. It's always kinda bittersweet when they end.

RapsFan
12-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I think most people tend to finish in <60 hours. But I've seen people on Gamefaqs claim well over 100 hours. I always listen to all new dialog, and finish every quest available to me, no matter how insignificant. I probably could have shaved a few hours off by knowing you can hit tab and highlight everything interactable, or not going back to camp any time I found a new rune, superior to what I had equipped, etc.

Anyway, I love games like this. It's always kinda bittersweet when they end.

Seems like the kind of game you can play multiple times with different characters. You could be a bad ass or a hero etc.

Next time I think I might be a Rogue/Bard if possible and have unlocking ability. I miss a ton of chests because I can't open them and Lilian is too weak to have in my part.

ShannonElements
12-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Then you're doing something wrong. Put her points into cunning and give her the master lockpicking(I can't remember what it's called exactly) ability. She's a mainstay in my party and can open everything that can possibly be opened.

But if you're saying Leliana is too weak physically(I honestly can't tell), set her as an archer and keep her "ranged" via the combat tactics menu. Set other characters to attack anyone attacking her, or have your mage(s) cast a protective spell over her, put points into her constitution, etc.

DeuceWallaces
12-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Is the loot in the locked chests any better than the unlocked?

ShannonElements
12-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Usually, but sometimes it's disappointing.

DeuceWallaces
12-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Maybe I'll train up that elf rogue assassin and get him into picking. I had him in my party earlier but we were getting beasted.

ShannonElements
12-01-2009, 07:40 PM
I don't even put that guy in my party, he makes too many passes at me.:oldlol:

RapsFan
12-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Then you're doing something wrong. Put her points into cunning and give her the master lockpicking(I can't remember what it's called exactly) ability. She's a mainstay in my party and can open everything that can possibly be opened.

But if you're saying Leliana is too weak physically(I honestly can't tell), set her as an archer and keep her "ranged" via the combat tactics menu. Set other characters to attack anyone attacking her, or have your mage(s) cast a protective spell over her, put points into her constitution, etc.

Yeah I meant too weak physically.

My main character is a human warrior, I have Allister as my tank, and I also have Sten as a warrior to deal damage. Morrigan is crowd control mage, healing, damage etc. Who would you sub out for a rogue? I just felt I wouldn't do enough damage if I removed Sten for example.

ShannonElements
12-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I would sub out either Alistair or Sten, you really don't need 3 warriors.

DeuceWallaces
12-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't even put that guy in my party, he makes too many passes at me.:oldlol:

He is really effeminate. And he couldn't stay alive for the life of him. I'm not down with rogues; I've never played one in any game.

dukecitydave
12-02-2009, 07:26 AM
I finally got this game a few days ago. I'm really digging it. I'm playing a elf rouge. Its a little more your typical hack and slash then I would like but still a great game. Love the different personalities of your companions and how they clash and bicker with one another. Right now I'm stuck in the fade at the mages tower and have been for the better part of the day. Its really starting to annoy me.

DeuceWallaces
12-02-2009, 12:03 PM
It was a pain going through the fade portion of the tower quest, but once you get all 4 forms it's pretty fun.

glidedrxlr22
12-02-2009, 12:05 PM
This is not the typical game I

RapsFan
12-02-2009, 12:33 PM
I just picked up Wynne and she is a beast. For some reason I didn't do the Mage portion first, I went to Redcliffe and into the forest to hook up with the Elves.

DeuceWallaces
12-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, she is awesome. I wish I would have kept her.

glidedrxlr22
12-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Can some of you Dragon Agers educate us on what some of the dlc is? Extra quests?

ShannonElements
12-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah, 2 extra quests, one of which you get a new party member:
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/dragon-age-origins-shale-character-artwork.jpg

You also get new armor, accessories, weapons, etc. You get a chest which you can store gear in, access to a couple new merchants, and the ability to make a badass sword called the Starfang.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/ShadowSelenium/Capture-28.png

RapsFan
12-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah, 2 extra quests, one of which you get a new party member:

I received a code to unlock the new party member (Stone Prisoner) when I bought the game....but I haven't come across him yet. Do you know where he is? He looks insane. Do I need the other Dlc to get him?

ShannonElements
12-02-2009, 08:32 PM
When you do the Stone Prisoner quest she's right in the middle of town, can't miss her.

RapsFan
12-02-2009, 08:34 PM
When you do the Stone Prisoner quest she's right in the middle of town, can't miss her.

But where is that quest? Do I just have to come across it?

ShannonElements
12-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Just go to it on your map.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/thumb/f/f5/Sulchmap.jpg/800px-Sulchmap.jpg

RapsFan
12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Ahhhhh :oldlol: I was wondering why it was glowing yellow on my map.

ShannonElements
12-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah, that's usually a pretty good indication of somewhere you should go.:D

DeuceWallaces
12-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Beat it today. What a great game. I will say once I got all 4 arcane warrior and blood mage talents the challenge level plummeted.

Al Thornton
12-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Beat it today.

:wtf:

ha that's cool, are you going to replay, or do you feel done with it?

ShannonElements
12-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Beat it today. What a great game. I will say once I got all 4 arcane warrior and blood mage talents the challenge level plummeted.

AW is said to be pretty overpowered. I won't get the chance to try it out until my next playthrough.

DeuceWallaces
12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
As soon as I got the 3rd and 4th AW talents I could one hit kill any non elite mob and they couldn't do anymore than 1 damage to me. Meanwhile I could still blast 15 guys at once with the AOE blood mage attack and AoE Fire/Death Cloud. It was not challenging in the least.

Think I'll go through again with a rogue. Missed a lot with all my blood thirsty killing and stealing.

ShannonElements
12-22-2009, 07:29 AM
On my second playthrough now. This time I'm a lot more knowledgeable so will hopefully make less mistakes. Playing it on 'hard' this time. Managed to take out the High Dragon after quite a few tries, so I could get the dragonbone plate armor. I wish Arcane Warriors could access SOME warrior talents...

gasolina
12-23-2009, 05:28 PM
To those who have finished / gone far in the game. Do you maintain a solid 4 player party or do you interchange througout the game?

My character is a basic shiled and sword warrior and I plan to make him a Champion for the buffs. I usually go with Alistair, Morrigan and Leilana.

What's annoying is that myself and Alistair are carbon copies of each other. Sometimes I like to swap out Alistair with Sten so I get more punch but I usually end up dying.

ShannonElements
12-23-2009, 07:12 PM
I tend not to use Sten because he only has 1 specialization. I don't know why.

I use the same party as you. Shale makes for a better tank than Alistair(though I've read Alistair becomes better at higher levels), but it seems like such a waste to have the Starfang just sitting in my inventory.

On my first playthrough I experimented a lot with party members, not so much this time.

RapsFan
12-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I have tried to swap guys out, but find myself always going back to myself (human warrior) with double weapon skills for damage, Allistar as my tank, Morrigan and Wynne.

Sten would have been a decent tank option, but he is best obviously with a two handed weapon and therefore not a shield.

I find Leiliana dies too easily for me....even when she is ranged. I find myslef personally controlling my main character or Morrigan during battles.

Retarded question....but what is a 'buff'?

ShannonElements
12-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Anything that buffs you up. Like Wynne's heroic offense spell, or a nature salve which makes you take less nature damage.

If Leliana's dying too easily try setting tactics for your mages to heal her when she gets to <50% health, or have her use a health poultice. It drives me nuts not being able to unlock things I come across, so I don't go anywhere without her. You can also set your tank to use "taunt" when she's being attacked, or set someone to attack whoever's attacking her.

RapsFan
12-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Anything that buffs you up. Like Wynne's heroic offense spell, or a nature salve which makes you take less nature damage.

If Leliana's dying too easily try setting tactics for your mages to heal her when she gets to <50% health, or have her use a health poultice. It drives me nuts not being able to unlock things I come across, so I don't go anywhere without her. You can also set your tank to use "taunt" when she's being attacked, or set someone to attack whoever's attacking her.

I am all over most of that stuff. I have Wynne healing people, each character using health poultice, Allistar using taunt/threaten etc. I just find I can't afford to not having Morrigan or Wynne healing or dealing damage. But it does suck to have left behind so many chests.

On my next play through I am going to be a rouge which will solve that problem.

However, I feel that my personal character is best suited to be a tank because he has the best strength and therefore can wear the best armour. Maybe I should take over tanking and sub out Allistar.

DeuceWallaces
12-24-2009, 02:54 AM
I felt the same way, but when I went through it again as a rogue I never wanna spend the point on lock picking.

gasolina
12-24-2009, 03:19 AM
, Morrigan and Wynne.
How do you keep yourself from getting friendly fire? I remember when I just got cone of frost, and I put cold buffs on Morrigan. Next battle my character, Alistair, and 1 enemy got frozen. I usually direct them to unload on clusters of enemies but even that sometimes doesn't work.

I find Leiliana dies too easily for me....even when she is ranged. I find myslef personally controlling my main character or Morrigan during battles.
She's actually pretty ok, on my party it's Morrigan who always dies. Try and set up your character to attack enemies who are attacking Leilana.

RapsFan
12-24-2009, 10:57 PM
How do you keep yourself from getting friendly fire? I remember when I just got cone of frost, and I put cold buffs on Morrigan. Next battle my character, Alistair, and 1 enemy got frozen. I usually direct them to unload on clusters of enemies but even that sometimes doesn't work.

She's actually pretty ok, on my party it's Morrigan who always dies. Try and set up your character to attack enemies who are attacking Leilana.

I usually find myself controlling Morrigan so I can aim the cone spells where I want them. I don't think I have her using them on her tactics so she isn't freezing my part members by accident.

I just don't know who I'd sub out for Leilana....:confusedshrug:

ShannonElements
12-25-2009, 03:11 AM
I felt the same way, but when I went through it again as a rogue I never wanna spend the point on lock picking.

I kinda feel that way too now that I'm on my second playthrough, but you get accustomed to the higher spec stuff. Even if you don't want to use it, you can sell it, which is essentially like finding money in every chest. I just opened a chest in Orzammar that had 3 gold pieces and a master hale rune, not too shabby. Was not quest-related either, just a random chest.

ShannonElements
12-25-2009, 03:16 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend using any AoE spells via tactics. What I do, when some enemies run at me, I tell my party to hold position, then have Morrigan move forward a little and use cone of cold. Then tell my party they can move freely.

Qwyjibo
12-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Loved the game, one of my favourites of this year.

The last sequences in Denerim as well as the ending itself all felt rewarding as they touched upon so many of the things you did along the way. I really like that.

That's one thing that pissed me off about Fallout 3. I did so many of the side-quests and yet at the end, the only things that are referenced are the decisions you made relating to the main story quest. It made feel like everything else went to waste.

biisak
12-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Finished it today, took about 40 hours. Good, not great. Especially compared to a lot of other Bioware-games. Wouldn

RapsFan
12-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Loved the game. The graphics not being incredible didn't take away from the experience for me at all.

Lots of potential for more story......but I would think it would be in the form of a Dragon Age 2? I can keep playing the game, but the events aren't in chronological order now...so would that means all DLC would be like that?

ShannonElements
12-30-2009, 12:06 AM
DLC is irrelevant, I did them all before even starting the main quest. Well, once I was able to get to the party camp site, that is. Makes the game easy at the beginning though, due to the things you get, like the Starfang.

The game has generally gotten way easier for me now that I'm an Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage. Oh, three ogres? Force Field on one, Crushing Prison on another, Blood Wound on all of them. Attack. When the other one has come out of Force Field, freeze it.

Edit - Return to Ostagar DLC comes out on the 5th.

RapsFan
12-30-2009, 09:21 AM
I am talking about future DLC/plot ideas.....perhaps something about Morrigan etc.

malaki1972
12-30-2009, 11:36 AM
I thought about buying it, but decided to save my money right now.

It looks awesome though, so might be a spring buy. Or maybe summer if it does not come down in price before spring.

RapsFan
12-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Stupid question. I am not an online gamer and as a result, haven't purchased or downloaded additional content for games.

Can DLC extend a story line? Like in Dragon Age, could a DLC come out that actually extends beyond the end of the game....or do they save all of that for a sequel? Is DLC just more side missions that don't happen in chronological order. I sort of asked this before.

Undisputed
12-30-2009, 07:26 PM
I thought about buying it, but decided to save my money right now.

It looks awesome though, so might be a spring buy. Or maybe summer if it does not come down in price before spring.

I'm waiting for a price drop on this game also. It looks amazing, I'm just not willing to pay $59.99 for it, mainly because I won't play it as much as some other games that I own.

gasolina
12-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Stupid question. I am not an online gamer and as a result, haven't purchased or downloaded additional content for games.

Can DLC extend a story line? Like in Dragon Age, could a DLC come out that actually extends beyond the end of the game....or do they save all of that for a sequel? Is DLC just more side missions that don't happen in chronological order. I sort of asked this before.

I downloaded the Shale thing and it's actually a side mission which nets you a new companion. I heard that the Grey Warden DLC is actually pretty good.

That said, its all side missions.

RapsFan
01-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Looks like my questions have been answered.

Bioware is putting out a full blown expansion on March 16th....not a small DLC. It will continue storyline from the first disc.....more characters, higher levels etc. $40 though!

I think some DLC comes out today too.

ShannonElements
03-31-2010, 06:03 AM
Anyone playing Awakening? I'm liking it so far.

Bosnian Sajo
04-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Al Thorton/Qwyjibo/anyone

Where did you guys download this from? Can I get a link?

RapsFan
04-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Anyone playing Awakening? I'm liking it so far.

Not yet but soon. Did you just play Awakening on it's own, carry over your Origins story, start origins again and play right through Awakening?

Bosnian Sajo
04-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Another question: Is it better PC or XBox?

And someone please give me a link, I cannot find one to save my life.

Basketman
04-02-2010, 12:41 AM

It is better on the PC. There are a lot of extra features that are not included in the condensed console version.

wRedJ10
04-04-2010, 09:43 PM

to steal it?
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2098598/6201776/

to buy it?

http://www.steampowered.com/

ShannonElements
04-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Not yet but soon. Did you just play Awakening on it's own, carry over your Origins story, start origins again and play right through Awakening?

I imported my character from Origins. My Origins character was an AW/BM, and Awakening allows you to select another specialization on top of those and I took Battle Mage. I am essentially a God walking around. It's almost laughable.

bdreason
04-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Just picked this up (finally). I wanted to play it for awhile, but I was considering buying it on PC instead of PS3. However, I was in Gamestop today and just said fukc it and bought the PS3 version.

Anyway, gonna start playing it tonight, can't wait.

RapsFan
04-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Just picked this up (finally). I wanted to play it for awhile, but I was considering buying it on PC instead of PS3. However, I was in Gamestop today and just said fukc it and bought the PS3 version.

Anyway, gonna start playing it tonight, can't wait.

You won't be sorry. Once I finish Final Fantasy I think I will play this again with the new expansion added on.

RapsFan
07-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Bump an old thread.

Anyone playing this right now? After I finished Red Dead I thought I would do a second play through and then follow it through to Awakenings.

glidedrxlr22
07-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Dragon Age 2 was announceced a couple of weeks ago with a possible February 2011 release.

clipse026
07-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Yep it looks real good too. They are adding voice acting for your character just like in Mass Effect. Apparently all the things you did in Origins are taking place as you play the 2nd one.

gasolina
07-22-2010, 05:46 PM
It's on my next to play list now. I might go ahead with another Warrior sword shield tank. I don't think you get a "tank" companion this time around.

bdreason
07-22-2010, 05:51 PM
This game was a huge disappointment to me. After the all the hype from other people, I honestly couldn't stand this game. I don't know how you guys can play a game like this on PS3. This type of game must be played on PC. The control system on PS3 is terrible... I felt like I was playing with one arm tied behind my back.

And way too much dialogue.

clipse026
07-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Too much dialogue? :lol It's an RPG. You must have missed every other game Bioware made? KOTOR had plenty of dialogue, same with Mass Effect.

RapsFan
07-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I am loving my 2nd play through. I have all the DLC added this time whereas I didn't before.

Pretty funny, but my first time I had no clue about the Arcane Warrior and Blood Mage stuff. This time I am a mage/Arcane Warrior. I am a beast.

gasolina
07-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey Rapzfan, what do you suggest is my builds for Anders and Vellana for Awakening? Kinda sucks that Anders starts with Spirit Healer and Vellanna starts with Keeper. It would be awesome if one of them could be a Spirit Healer/Blood Mage and the other one be a Battlemage/Arcane Warrior.

I guess I could build Vellana to be BM/AW....

Also, would you suggest just sticking to 2 specializations and not 3? And use the skill points or more valuable spells?

Qwyjibo
07-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Any fan of Dragon Age: Origins should play The Witcher (if you haven't already). I loved Dragon Age but probably enjoyed the Witcher a tiny bit more. Both have sequels schedule to come out in 2011 as well.

clipse026
07-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Any fan of Dragon Age: Origins should play The Witcher (if you haven't already). I loved Dragon Age but probably enjoyed the Witcher a tiny bit more. Both have sequels schedule to come out in 2011 as well.

It's PC only though right? I don't have a real computer so that's not an option :(

RapsFan
07-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Hey Rapzfan, what do you suggest is my builds for Anders and Vellana for Awakening? Kinda sucks that Anders starts with Spirit Healer and Vellanna starts with Keeper. It would be awesome if one of them could be a Spirit Healer/Blood Mage and the other one be a Battlemage/Arcane Warrior.

I guess I could build Vellana to be BM/AW....

Also, would you suggest just sticking to 2 specializations and not 3? And use the skill points or more valuable spells?

I actually haven't played Awakening yet. I played Dragon Age when it first came out, then just reecently loaded up on all the DLC for a 2nd play through as a mage.

The AW/BM is basically unstoppable. I still keep Allistar as a tank/warrior for damage and melee, and I have Wynne and Lelianna basically to open chests. I am shocked I am not using Morrigan, but I will be soon.

I will probably just pick two specializations and load up. Unless it's something cool/fun. I find barely using my 2nd specializations. Without playing Awakenings, I think you have the right idea. As long as you have one AW and a BM, both mages, you'll probably beast.

Legend of Josh
07-27-2010, 09:13 AM
I picked up this game about a week or so ago. I'm about 3-4 hours into it... holding off my opinion until more time has passed.