PDA

View Full Version : Which NBA player you feel you could beat 1v1?

PistonsFan#21
11-05-2009, 12:20 PM
I feel like i could beat those:Quinn from Miami Heat, Earl Boykins and Tyronn Lue. Maybe even more if i was a bit taller. Who you got?

Knicks101
11-05-2009, 12:22 PM
None of them, that's why they're in the NBA and I'm not.

Johnni Gade
11-05-2009, 12:22 PM
If I too was taller, faster, stronger and better I could beat Jordan.

MK2V1GP
11-05-2009, 12:29 PM
You couldn't beat anyone in the NBA. Even the WORST player in the NBA is better than 90 percent of people who aren't in the NBA. That's why theyre in the NBA, even if they're the worst player, they'd still beat you and me.

rfm767
11-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Absolutely no one. It's the main reason why i watch NBA games from outside the court and have my ISH account. :lol

HylianNightmare
11-05-2009, 12:30 PM
if i made myself in live 10 and maxed out my stats

but yeah the worst guy in the nba is still light years away from my skill level

rfm767
11-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Wait a second. Maybe i could beat Shaq from the free throw line, just maybe. :rolleyes:

BankShot
11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
I feel like i could beat those:Quinn from Miami Heat, Earl Boykins and Tyronn Lue. Maybe even more if i was a bit taller. Who you got?

Yeah right like you could beat Earl Boykins :rolleyes:

Even though he's 5'5'' and like 140 lbs, he's faster, quicker, more athletic, and stronger than you (he can bench 315 lbs) Combine this with the fact that his basketball skills are in a different league than you (he was 2nd in D-1 with 26.8 ppg, and hold the career assist record at E. Michigan) means that he would CLEAN THE FLOOR with you. :no:

There's myriad reasons why they're in the NBA and you aren't: athleticism, talent, skills, and drive.

exaqtion
11-05-2009, 12:34 PM

I agree with what Andy Bernard said.

HylianNightmare
11-05-2009, 12:35 PM
...actually i hope rocketgreatneess comes in here cause i could ball up yao in his shooting chair

MK2V1GP
11-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Maybe the ONLY thing you could beat ANYONE in the NBA in, is a free throw shooting contest with a player like Ben Wallace or Shaq, but even then, you'd have to be really good at FTs.

But if you're talking about an actual game, like one on one, you'd get smoked by anyone.

BankShot
11-05-2009, 12:41 PM
You couldn't beat anyone in the NBA. Even the WORST player in the NBA is better than 90 percent of people who aren't in the NBA. That's why theyre in the NBA, even if they're the worst player, they'd still beat you and me.

Actually its far, far, far less than that.

30 teams x 15 max on the roster = 450 NBA players at any given time (for argument sake I'll ignore the international NBA players)

According to the 2002 Sporting Goods Manufacturers Report on sports participation, 40 million americans play basketball (in some capacity), meaning that 0.001125% (thats one-thousandth of one percent) of American basketball players are in the NBA.

The OP thinks he's possibly better than any one of the best 0.001125% of basketball players?? F*ck no. :no:

Fallguy20
11-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Maybe Shawn Bradley... but I would have to have a teriffic shooting day from the outside and hope that he bricks about 50% of his dunks.

mamba24
11-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I can dominate shaq from the FT line...they didnt call me reggie miller in high school for no reason...

saying that yea i could beat shaq at the FT line

GudmH
11-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Muggsy Bogues.

:confusedshrug:

exaqtion
11-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I can dominate shaq from the FT line...they didnt call me reggie miller in high school for no reason...

saying that yea i could beat shaq at the FT line

Lol this is a 1vs1 game, not a Free-Throw Shootout event. and shaq went 7 for 10 last game, ugh oh :)

PistonsFan#21
11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
So you guys think that all the NBA players are better than any non-NBA players? You don't think there is guys in the streets that could be better than some scrubby NBA players but didnt had the chance to get scouted because they didnt go to college, university or even highschool? Its true that NBA players have some of the best talent but not all of them are at the top of the basketball world

BankShot
11-05-2009, 01:00 PM
So you guys think that all the NBA players are better than any non-NBA players? You don't think there is guys in the streets that could be better than some scrubby NBA players but didnt had the chance to get scouted because they didnt go to college, university or even highschool? Its true that NBA players have some of the best talent but not all of them are at the top of the basketball world

If they're so talented, why aren't they trying out for lesser professional teams, or the D-League??

If they've got the talent to play professionally for the NBA then they'd be able to play in the aforementioned leagues, and eventually be seen by someone that matters.

Going to college or highschool has nothing to do with it.

HylianNightmare
11-05-2009, 01:00 PM
:roll: i did get to play nick calathas 1 on 1 back in high school once i think the final score was 3 to 15, and i was on that day

PistonsFan#21
11-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I would smoke Muggsy Bogues too...Take him in the post and back him down all the way to 11 points. Now if i was 6'5" or taller i would smoke some guys like Sasha Vujacic, Dan Dickau, etc.

BankShot
11-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I would smoke Muggsy Bogues too...Take him in the post and back him down all the way to 11 points. Now if i was 6'5" or taller i would smoke some guys like Sasha Vujacic, Dan Dickau, etc.

Yeah right. Muggsy Bogues has more athleticism and strength in his right leg than you do in your entire body.

Just because he's short doesn't mean he's not tough, strong, talented, or athletic. I sure as s*it don't think you could average 15 pts, 9.5 assists, 4 boards, and 4 assists at Wake Forest. Mugsy did.

PistonsFan#21
11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
If they're so talented, why aren't they trying out for lesser professional teams, or the D-League??

If they've got the talent to play professionally for the NBA then they'd be able to play in the aforementioned leagues, and eventually be seen by someone that matters.

Going to college or highschool has nothing to do with it.

Dude there is plenty of talented players on the streets that just dont have the chance to join professional teams. Do you think that Sasha Vujacic or Quinn is better than any non-NBA player just because they made it to the NBA?

plowking
11-05-2009, 01:04 PM

Muggsy Bogues? GTFO.

Have you seen the dudes calfs. You wouldn't be able to back down sh!t in the post.

LOL, if you were 6'5 or taller you'd be Vujacic. He'd knock 3's on you all day until you cried.

plowking
11-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Dude there is plenty of talented players on the streets that just dont have the chance to join professional teams. Do you think that Sasha Vujacic or Quinn is better than any non-NBA player just because they made it to the NBA?

They are better than 99.9% of non NBA players.

BankShot
11-05-2009, 01:07 PM

If they're so talented, why don't they have the chance to TRY OUT for B- and C-level professional teams??

There's the ABA, CBA, Premier, NABL, IBEL, NPBL, NBDL... to name a few.

Knicks101
11-05-2009, 01:08 PM

You're exaggerating a little bit, but it's definitely over 95%.

PistonsFan#21
11-05-2009, 01:10 PM

Im sure that if you check in european or south american leagues you could find players better than them. 99.9%? Come on now. You cant be serious.

BankShot

Not an exaggeration at all. Like i said earlier, there are 40-million basketball players in the US. Even 0.01% of that is 4,000 basketball players. You're saying there are more than 4,000 players better than THE WORST NBA player?

plowking
excluding other pro leagues.

ZeN
Sun Yue.. I think I could run circles around that foo...

PistonsFan#21
11-05-2009, 01:11 PM
If they're so talented, why don't they have the chance to TRY OUT for B- and C-level professional teams??

Could someone living in a ghetto just simply go there and say they want to try out for one of those teams?

BankShot
11-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Sun Yue.. I think I could run circles around that foo...

This is getting ridiculous. Why would a BUSINESS pay an employee $736,420 over the course of a year, when supposedly some joe smo off the street could easily best him?

Dresta
11-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Yao, i'd just jump on his feet.

BankShot
11-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Could someone living in a ghetto just simply go there and say they want to try out for one of those teams?

You don't think these teams have annual tryouts?? If someone is supposedly better at basketball than an NBA player, wouldn't they amaze the management of a two-bit C-league professional team at a tryout??

plowking
11-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Lebron James and Kobe Bryant.

Beebo
11-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Yao, i'd just jump on his feet.

lol theres no way a regular guy could beat yao in a 1v1. He would just post you up all day...can't stop that.

Knicks101
11-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Not an exaggeration at all. Like i said earlier, there are 40-million basketball players in the US. Even 0.01% of that is 4,000 basketball players. You're saying there are more than 4,000 players better than THE WORST NBA player?

Would you agree that there are 4000 guys with talent equal to that of the worst NBA player.

Can we decide who the worst player in the league is? It would make this easier.

Huey Freeman
:roll: i did get to play nick calathas 1 on 1 back in high school once i think the final score was 3 to 15, and i was on that day
What high school did you play for?

BankShot
lol theres no way a regular guy could beat yao in a 1v1. He would just post you up all day...can't stop that.

He wouldn't even have to post up all the way. He's big, strong, and tall enough where he would just dribble towards the basket while shielding the ball, and either dunk or lay it in. No f*cking contest.

phoenix18
11-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I hit a couple of shots over BJ Mullens if that counts for anything. He's in the NBA.

mamba24
11-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Lol this is a 1vs1 game, not a Free-Throw Shootout event. and shaq went 7 for 10 last game, ugh oh :)

i would sink 10/10 no doubts in my mind about that.

BankShot
11-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Would you agree that there are 4000 guys with equal talent of the worst NBA player?

Can we decide who the worst player in the league is? It would make this easier.

With the exception of NBA players in the league purely because of size, no I don't think that there are 4,000 basketball players nationwide that are more talented than the worst skill player in the NBA.

People knock Chris Quinn, but he was a 3-year starter, and 2-year captain at a major D-1 basketball program. As a senior he led the team in scoring (17.7 ppg), assists (6.4 apg) and was tied for first in steals (1.55 spg), while shooting 42 percent from three-point range.

No one on this board could do that against Big-East competition.

phoenix18
11-05-2009, 01:22 PM
With the exception of NBA players in the league purely because of size, no I don't think that there are 4,000 basketball players nationwide that are more talented than the worst skill player in the NBA.

People knock Chris Quinn, but he was a 3-year starter, and 2-year captain at a major D-1 basketball program. As a senior he led the team in scoring (17.7 ppg), assists (6.4 apg) and was tied for first in steals (1.55 spg), while shooting 42 percent from three-point range.

I have to disagree, there are people who are really talented who did not make it because of outside issues. There are people who were/are really great but did not make it.

BankShot
11-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I have to disagree, there are people who are really talented who did not make it because of outside issues. There are people who were/are really great but did not make it.

My response to that would be that one of the talents/skills (along with strength, hand-eye coordination, quickness, athleticism) in becoming an NBA player is having drive and desire.

phoenix18
11-05-2009, 01:28 PM
My response to that would be that one of the talents/skills (along with strength, hand-eye coordination, quickness, athleticism) in becoming an NBA player is having drive and desire.
Allen Iverson had all that and almost did not make it.

Knicks101
11-05-2009, 01:29 PM

Chris Quinn just gets picked on because he's short, white and looks like he sucks.

If you're making exceptions then yes 99.9% is probably true. With no exceptions it's less.

How many guys on the league have no drive though? There are plenty of them.

BankShot
11-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Allen Iverson had all that and almost did not make it.

How did Iverson "almost not make it"???

He went to a big-time D-1 basketball program, and was the #1 pick in the NBA draft. If he didn't play college hoops, he had plenty of scholarship opportunities to play college football.

Knicks101
11-05-2009, 01:39 PM

He went to a big-time D-1 basketball program, and was the #1 pick in the NBA draft. If he didn't play college hoops, he had plenty of scholarship opportunities to play college football.

Phoenix just wanted to bring his messiah up.

tedloc
11-05-2009, 01:42 PM
i think i could beat bill russel

-guy has a cane right?

boozehound
11-05-2009, 01:46 PM
not surprised to see such a dumb thread get so many posts (and Im helping). Uh, hello. Unless you were/are/will be recruited for div I bball, you have no business thinking you could take any nba player. not quinn, not magloire, not eric snow, not anyone.

BankShot
11-05-2009, 01:49 PM
not surprised to see such a dumb thread get so many posts (and Im helping). Uh, hello. Unless you were/are/will be recruited for div I bball, you have no business thinking you could take any nba player. not quinn, not magloire, not eric snow, not anyone.

End Thread.

Rob123
11-05-2009, 01:49 PM

HOLY **** BRO, stop your pity party.

Guys dont just have the time to go and try out for those teams, you ever hear of taking care of a family? Or are you 12? Guys gotta work, at some point your dreams are left behind.

I never played basketball in highschool or college, I did however play D1 lacrosse, I'm no professional in any sport now, but I know for a fact that there are nba players I would smoke, I keep myself in great shape, keep my skills sharp, and I was blessed with ungodly speed.

Just because you sit on your ass and dont do anything doesnt mean it's the same for everyone else. Ron Artest said the best baller he's ever seen was a playground baller he played with back in the day that never went to the nba.

Nba players are great athletes, but a lot of them are just as much a result of circumstance as they are skill.

There's got to be more guys like me out there who are gifted athletically but never exposed to the sport, or pursued different dreams. Come on man give me a break.

BankShot
11-05-2009, 01:50 PM

Guys dont just have the time to go and try out for those teams, you ever hear of taking care of a family? Or are you 12? Guys gotta work, at some point your dreams are left behind.

They don't have time for a one or two-day tryout, yet they have the time to keep themselves in not only in elite physical condition, but also play basketball every single day for long enough to be able to compete with NBA players?

Are you 12?

iamgine
11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I can't beat any of em.

However, someone who is 6'5 or more with decent handle, strength and shot surely have a good shot against some of the old, short, pass first scrub like Chucky Atkins.

boozehound
11-05-2009, 01:51 PM

I never played basketball in highschool or college, I did however play D1 lacrosse, I'm no professional in any sport now, but I know for a fact that there are nba players I would smoke, I keep myself in great shape, keep my skills sharp, and I was blessed with ungodly speed.

Just because you sit on your ass and dont do anything doesnt mean it's the same for everyone else. Ron Artest said the best baller he's ever seen was a playground baller he played with back in the day that never went to the nba.

Nba players are great athletes, but a lot of them are just as much a result of circumstance as they are skill.

There's got to be more guys like me out there who are gifted athletically but never exposed to the sport, or pursued different dreams. Come on man give me a break.
yes, cause he was stabbed to death with a table leg.

you are an idiot if you think that you could take any active nba player 1on1 based on you being in shape, fast and a college lacrosse player.

icemanfan
11-05-2009, 01:54 PM
The dead ones and a few of the elderly retired ones as far as active players........ya right. Barkley once said that people have no idea what it takes to be an NBA player. He said the very best guy on you college team might be good enough to warm the bench or play on a practice squad somewhere. These guys may look like you could take them on TV but in person they would flat out kick your butt.

Knicks101
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM

You're delusional. :oldlol:

Rob123
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
yes, cause he was stabbed to death with a table leg.

you are an idiot if you think that you could take any active nba player 1on1 based on you being in shape, fast and a college lacrosse player.

HAHAHAHA you're right. You win, end of argument.

I wish I knew everything like you did, I can tell just by reading your posts that you cant beat anyone either. That's you in your avatar right?

****, some of you guys need to grow up. Just because you cant, doesnt mean someone else cant either. There's 6 billion people on the planet, open your mind.

Rob123
11-05-2009, 02:01 PM
You're delusional. :oldlol:

wow another amazing psychic. Where do you guys learn everything from?

I guess this white kid that beat devin harris 1 on 1 should have taken your guys advice and stayed home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw

Rob123
11-05-2009, 02:04 PM
They don't have time for a one or two-day tryout, yet they have the time to keep themselves in not only in elite physical condition, but also play basketball every single day for long enough to be able to compete with NBA players?

Are you 12?

Why do I even bother arguing with you guys.

Whats' your background? What elite level sport did you play?

Oh that's right, just some kid behind his computer.

In the lacrosse world I know for a fact there were players more deserving of my roster spot on a div 1 school.

Did they get it? No. Why? Because they didnt have the exposure I did. Doesnt mean they werent every bit as talented if not more so than myself.

You guys are delusional, get outside, sniff some fresh air. Start working out.

BankShot
11-05-2009, 02:05 PM

I guess this white kid that beat devin harris 1 on 1 should have taken your guys advice and stayed home.

Was Devin Harris playing 100%??

If this "white kid", as you feel the need to include, is such a quality player, why isn't he playing professionally somewhere??

Knicks101
11-05-2009, 02:06 PM

Are you that guy? If not, I don't get your point. They played two baskets and Harris clearly wasn't trying.

In the lacrosse world I know for a fact there were players more deserving of my roster spot on a div 1 school.

Did they get it? No. Why? Because they didnt have the exposure I did. Doesnt mean they werent every bit as talented if not more so than myself.

Yeah, we're kids behind our computers. And what are you? An NBA level basketball player sitting behind his computer? At least we have the balls to admit that we can't beat an NBA player.

elinss86
11-05-2009, 02:07 PM

exactly...there's a reason even the biggest scrub in nba is 1 of 420 ish players in the world to be playing in the nba. they are the best of the best. the biggest scrub would pretty much destroy anyone here without breaking a sweat

gotbacon23
11-05-2009, 02:08 PM
i think can beat len bias, reggie lewis, drazen petrovic, wilt chamberlain, eddie griffin, bobby phills, and malik sealey. in their current state only, of course.

Guy10
11-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I would say there's someone out there who plays street ball who could beat Brian Scalabrine. How he makes 3 million dollars I don't know.

Rob123
11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Man I'm done. I feel sorry for you guys.

You're limiting yourselves. I'm not even mad at you when I argue with you.

Everyones capable of great things, we just weren't exposed to the same circumstances.

You're always going to have some debbie downer comeback for everything. Continue living your lives that way, and have balls to admit you cant beat anyone as you say.

I'll keep having fun with my life, and confidence in my abilities.

We're on a message board. What's to say someone on this board doesnt run a 4.2 40, and have a 42 in vertical? Oh right because they'd already be professional. The world doesnt work that way, you'll figure it out one day. You'll meet so many people that had the talent but had to give up on their dreams.

Knicks101
11-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Found a video of Rob123 playing ball. Changed my mind, he's nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lEf0UD_5zw

Everyones capable of great things, we just weren't exposed to the same circumstances.

You're always going to have some debbie downer comeback for everything. Continue living your lives that way, and have balls to admit you cant beat anyone as you say.

We're on a message board. What's to say someone on this board doesnt run a 4.2 40, and have a 42 in vertical? Oh right because they'd already be professional. The world doesnt work that way, you'll figure it out one day. You'll meet so many people that had the talent but had to give up on their dreams.

So why aren't you playing in the NBA exactly?

HylianNightmare
11-05-2009, 02:14 PM
What high school did you play for?
lake howell and i was friends with him and joey, and chandler

BankShot
11-05-2009, 02:14 PM

I'm totally mistaken. He could absolutely play pro ball... and quite frankly could probably be a starter on a championship-caliber team. :roll:

boozehound
11-05-2009, 02:17 PM

great, so you are fast and can jump high. so what? Im not doubting there are basketball players in the world who arent in the nba who could beat a good number of nba bench players, but simply being a former college athlete (in another, much less competitive sport) whos in great shape doesnt mean you could.

HylianNightmare
11-05-2009, 02:19 PM
and i don't know how many of you have actually tried out for teams but i'v been to combines for the Premier basketball league and the ABA, that **** is no joke lots of the guys going to these have devoted themselves to basketball and are all extremmly dedicated to making basketball their future

Rob123
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM

So why aren't you playing in the NBA exactly?

My Fiance and I had a beautiful baby boy, I dont regret it one bit. But the need to put food on the table outweighs the need to pursue my dreams. I wish I had the time to go back to college, and continue training and competing, like hopefully you guys do.

If you dont believe in yourself you'll never get anywhere. I know for a fact I can beat NBA players you guys can say all you want on a basketball message board that's fine. Doesnt affect me one bit.

Just hope you dont wake up one day and go damn, I could've done that.

Rob123
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
great, so you are fast and can jump high. so what? Im not doubting there are basketball players in the world who arent in the nba who could beat a good number of nba bench players, but simply being a former college athlete (in another, much less competitive sport) whos in great shape doesnt mean you could.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA much less competitive sport? wow... just wow

Have you ever watched lacrosse? Fastest growing sport in the country and only 88 DIV 1 schools, getting a golden ticket to one is as hard as getting into the NBA. There's what, 300+ div 1 basketball schools out there?

"Jesus"
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM

Do you still believe in the tooth fairy?

Timmy D for MVP
11-05-2009, 02:28 PM
I have actually played against an NBA player prior to his going off to college and saw him play people as good as I am now. And yeah even at that time it wasn't even a contest.

They're in the NBA for a reason.

boozehound
11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA much less competitive sport? wow... just wow

Have you ever watched lacrosse? Fastest growing sport in the country and only 88 DIV 1 schools, getting a golden ticket to one is as hard as getting into the NBA. There's what, 300+ div 1 basketball schools out there?
yes, I am more than familiar with lacrosse. So, there are 88 teams as opposed to 300? So, we'll say 4 to 1. Yet how many kids play youth or HS basketball? How many play lacrosse. Sorry to break it to you, but a much bigger % of HS lacrosse players get scholarships than HS bball players. So, yes, it is less competitive.

wow, didnt even see the part where you say that getting a lacrosse scholarship is more difficult than getting into the nba. You are obviously full of delusional grandeur. so, the 60 draft spots in the nba every year are easier to secure than the 88x? scholarships every year? Really? Really? Think about what you said for a second.

and, lame using a child as an excuse for why you didnt follow your dreams. Lots of CF players have kids.

justin43
11-05-2009, 02:35 PM
None of them. They are professional basketball players while the rest of the world are just amateurs compared to them.

dwight12
11-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Earl Boykins for sure. I got over a foot on him. :rockon:

KG215
11-05-2009, 02:37 PM

Dude, I'm not saying you aren't a great athlete, but you can't be serious?!?! You're a great athlete, in great shape, and have ungodly speed...SO WHAT!! How does ANY of that translate onto the basketball court?

In my opinion, basketball is the toughest sport to be good at. Dribbling a basketball, shooting off the dribble, and all the other things that go into being able to score the ball, or even simply penetrate a defense and make a pass, etc. invlove quite a bit of hand-eye coordination.

I've seen All-State football players (in high school) that were D1 recruits, who were in great shape, strong, and very fast, try to dribble and shoot a basketball and they looked like a 4th grader picking up a basketball for the first time. Every shot the took would slam hard into the backboard and ricochet right back at them, and dribbling the ball without losing control took almost all of their concentration. They were much more athletic than me, but because I was an All-State basketball player, dedicated every bit of my time in high school to basketball, I never had any trouble beating these guysin a game of basketball.

Being an elite athlete in one sport does not mean you would be able to beat an NBA player in a game of 1 on 1.

bd#1pguard
11-05-2009, 02:48 PM
My Fiance and I had a beautiful baby boy, I dont regret it one bit. But the need to put food on the table outweighs the need to pursue my dreams. I wish I had the time to go back to college, and continue training and competing, like hopefully you guys do.

If you dont believe in yourself you'll never get anywhere. I know for a fact I can beat NBA players you guys can say all you want on a basketball message board that's fine. Doesnt affect me one bit.

Just hope you dont wake up one day and go damn, I could've done that.

Man I completely agree with you

Most of us r going to live regular lives...I'm a senior in business school and the chances of me being a ceo or top of the line executive. But that is exactly what I'm shooting for and why the **** not

I play basketball all the time I'm 6 4 and in good shape I actually have beaten an nba player a world champion and the most overrated point guard in the league

Yes urs truly rajon rondo

I stress that it was not 1on1 it was a 5 on 5 game in gym class at eastern high school in louisville ky a couple of months before he transferred to oak hill

Rondo was garbage at ehs he couldn't shoot or pass...he just dribbled drove and could dunk the restcame much later on

Btw rondo is a ****ing prick who turns little kids (my nephew) who is 8 for an autograph at a semi pro football game

BankShot
11-05-2009, 02:49 PM

You're over 6'5"??? He'd still wipe the floor with you.

spursdynasty420
11-05-2009, 03:15 PM

Most of us r going to live regular lives...I'm a senior in business school and the chances of me being a ceo or top of the line executive. But that is exactly what I'm shooting for and why the **** not

I play basketball all the time I'm 6 4 and in good shape I actually have beaten an nba player a world champion and the most overrated point guard in the league

I stress that it was not 1on1 it was a 5 on 5 game in gym class at eastern high school in louisville ky a couple of months before he transferred to oak hill

Rondo was garbage at ehs he couldn't shoot or pass...he just dribbled drove and could dunk the restcame much later on

Btw rondo is a ****ing prick who turns little kids (my nephew) who is 8 for an autograph at a semi pro football game

you didnt need to tell us rondo is a prick thug. we already knew that

33teeth
11-05-2009, 03:16 PM

Dude. Just maybe your opinion of your athletic prowess is a little out of touch. I mean... you know... cause the best athletes all go out for lacrosse! LOL. That's like... a club sport, right?

What's next: "I rock at ultimate frisbee, I could take LeBron at 1 on 1!"

boozehound
11-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Dude. Just maybe your opinion of your athletic prowess is a little out of touch. I mean... you know... cause the best athletes all go out for lacrosse! LOL. That's like... a club sport, right?

What's next: "I rock at ultimate frisbee, I could take LeBron at 1 on 1!"
it may be club at your school, but its a div I sport as well.

qrich
11-05-2009, 03:24 PM
I'd beat DeAndre Jordan in a three point shooting contest, but thats basically it.

33teeth
11-05-2009, 03:46 PM
it may be club at your school, but its a div I sport as well.

So is fencing. :confusedshrug:

B-Low
11-05-2009, 04:09 PM

So do 99% of the players in the NBA but he still managed to score on the consistently enough. But hey im sure you're a better enough defender than the tall NBA players to be able to beat Earl 1-on-1 :oldlol:

Liike people have said even the WORST NBA players are still leaps and bounds better than any above average regular american player. I'll never forget the footage of Brevin Knight going up to Rucker Park and absolutely schooling all those high flying, 6'6 players. People gotta remember at one point or another EVERY nba player was the absolute best at their school, or even in their region. You gotta be to get scouts to notice you. If no scouts have noticed you, then no, you can't beat them.

allball
11-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Shane Battier. he can't dribble.

bagelred
11-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Unless you were a legitimate Divison I College Basketball player, then the question is ridiculous. And even if you were, the worst NBA player would still make you look silly. You forget how good those guys are.

Think about how good you have be just to get drafted into the NBA.....

bdreason
11-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Nobody on this forum could beat ANY NBA player 1 v 1, ever.

I don't care how good you THINK you are.

arkain
11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
The ones on the injured list...Maybe.

chazzy
11-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Shane Battier. he can't dribble.

You wouldn't score a single basket :oldlol:

boozehound
11-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Nobody on this forum could beat ANY NBA player 1 v 1, ever.

I don't care how good you THINK you are.
what about the nba players who post here?

ZOMG
11-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Gotta love how this thread comes up again and again. :oldlol:

The thing is - people see what someone like Vujacic does in the NBA and immediately decide that his game would be more or less the "same" in a 5 on 5 game at the Y and that they could possibly beat him. I mean, he's just a sissy, right?

No. Vujacic plays that role in the NBA because it's his job in the League. For anyone on this board, he'd be too big, too strong, too quick and likely wouldn't miss a shot. And he would drive on your ass and dunk on you even though you never see him do it in NBA games.

Vujacic has been playing professional basketball since he was 16 years old. Think about that for a second. What were you doing when you were 16?

chocolatethunder
11-05-2009, 06:38 PM
This post qualifies you for idiot of the year.

KubiliusF
11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
If anybody mentions someone they could beat currently in NBA , thats epic fail. how come you dont earn money playing ball then?

torontofan
11-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I could beat anyone 1v1 in a buffet

Dresta
11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
But he'd probs break down after a few minutes.

Dresta
11-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I could beat anyone 1v1 in a buffetShaq says otherwise.

Foster5k
11-05-2009, 07:17 PM
If you could beat anyone, in the NBA, then you would be in the NBA. Try and make an NBA team and see what happens. :lol

Hell, the bench players back-ups would smoke you easy.

HorryIsMyMVP
11-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I think I'd be even money against Allen Iverson. I'd just sag way back.

TheBigAristotle1
11-05-2009, 07:28 PM

Div 1 Lacrosse is completely different then NBA basketball. Teams put a huge amount of effort into scouting players. If you played highschool ball and were a starter you got scouted by a college. When Pat Reilly became coach of the Heat back in 2006, the scouting report for a single team was bigger then a phone book. Pro-basketball is a big time professional sport, Div1 lacrosse has how many fans? Exactly.

Yes there are talented players who fall through the cracks, but everyone who is currently on an NBA team is a great player. I play basketball at a gym with guys who played D2 and D3 ball, and a few guys who were good enough to play D1. Even the scrubbiest NBA player would destroy these guys, myself included. Aaron Gray could literally come to my gym and his team would be garunteed to win every single game as long as his teammates passed him the ball.

Michael Sweetney, who is probably sitting on his ass eating a deep dish pizza and watching TV would destroy everyone at the rec center.

How do I know this?

Because I've not only played basketball but followed the careers of guys from highschool, college, and into the NBA. If you saw Travis Diener in college you would think this guy could hold his own against anyone. He was absolutely unstoppable, 3's, 2's, drives, layups, etc. He is 1/100th as effective in the NBA.

Basically it works like this:

You have 3 types of players:

1. Players who are physical freaks of nature and even in the NBA these guys are faster, stronger, and more athletic then everyone else. Kevin Garnett, Lebron James, Amare Stoudamire, Monta Ellis are examples of guys who have superior physical gifts. These guys can come in and kick ass right away. Because they don't have to adjust their game that much. Lebron can dunk on 7 footers almost as easily as he can 6'3" highschool kids.

2. Players who are great athletes.......in a league of great athletes. Most NBA players, and most STARS fit into this category. They have to adjust the way they play and learn the game because of the size, strength and athleticism of NBA players. The classic example is Ben Gordon, it took him a few months to adjust to the NBA game.

3. Players who are "average" athletes...Steve Nash is probably more athletic then everyone on this forum. But because he doesn't appear to be particularly fast or strong in a league of great athletes people classify him as an average athlete. Players who are significantly below average in terms of athletic ability (compared to the typical NBA player) might need a few years before they become productive.

Even if you were as skilled as someone like Chris Quinn was in college, you don't have the experience of playing basketball at an NBA level and practicing against the best players in the world. Chris Quinn the NBA player would dominate Chris Quinn the NCAA player. Even if you were as good as NCAA Chris Quinn (which you're not), NBA Chris Quinn has 3 years of playing against the best players in the world, and the best training money can buy.

Bottomline: If you played a serious game of 1 on 1 up to 21......You would be humiliated.....Imagine being a chick and having your grandma find out you did gangbang porn, and you have an incling about 1/1000000000 of the humiliation you would experience.

RoseCity07
11-05-2009, 07:29 PM
If anybody mentions someone they could beat currently in NBA , thats epic fail. how come you dont earn money playing ball then?

Funny thing, last night I had an hour to kill after laying the first coat of wax on a floor. The warehouse I was in had a hoop and a ball. I got paid for a couple hours while shooting around.

phoenix18
11-05-2009, 07:33 PM

Ahh, you are wrong. He went to prison and was exonerated. Then he went to college. See? If he was not exonerated, he would have been a guy who could have been in the NBA.

J-Futuristic
11-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Yo I think I could steal a victory off Zaza Pachulia in a 1 on 1 match.

Dresta
11-05-2009, 07:39 PM

1. Players who are physical freaks of nature and even in the NBA these guys are faster, stronger, and more athletic then everyone else. Kevin Garnett, Lebron James, Amare Stoudamire, Monta Ellis are examples of guys who have superior physical gifts. These guys can come in and kick ass right away. Because they don't have to adjust their game that much. Lebron can dunk on 7 footers almost as easily as he can 6'3" highschool kids.

2. Players who are great athletes.......in a league of great athletes. Most NBA players, and most STARS fit into this category. They have to adjust the way they play and learn the game because of the size, strength and athleticism of NBA players. The classic example is Ben Gordon, it took him a few months to adjust to the NBA game.

3. Players who are "average" athletes...Steve Nash is probably more athletic then everyone on this forum. But because he doesn't appear to be particularly fast or strong in a league of great athletes people classify him as an average athlete. Players who are significantly below average in terms of athletic ability (compared to the typical NBA player) might need a few years before they become productive.

Even if you were as skilled as someone like Chris Quinn was in college, you don't have the experience of playing basketball at an NBA level and practicing against the best players in the world. Chris Quinn the NBA player would dominate Chris Quinn the NCAA player. Even if you were as good as NCAA Chris Quinn (which you're not), NBA Chris Quinn has 3 years of playing against the best players in the world, and the best training money can buy.

Bottomline: If you played a serious game of 1 on 1 up to 21......You would be humiliated.....Imagine being a chick and having your grandma find out you did gangbang porn, and you have an incling about 1/1000000000 of the humiliation you would experience.
Monta wasn't a great athlete at all coming into the league, he developed into one once he got there.

And Chris Quinn had a 35" vert, that's crazy athletic in everyday terms.

phoenix18
11-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Monta wasn't a great athlete at all coming into the league, he developed into one once he got there.

Where did his speed come from?

TheBigAristotle1
11-05-2009, 07:45 PM

So what if Rondo was a scrub when he was 15?

Seriously.

Players improve, Rondo improved. It doesn't matter that Rondo was a scrub at 15, after 10+ years of the best coaching and training in the world he turned into a world class player. Doesn't matter how he got there, all that matters is that he would crush you.

Big#50
11-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Sasha.

TheBigAristotle1
11-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Monta Ellis was hung over during his combine test (that is why he scored so low). What's more he was only 18 and hadn't peaked as an athlete yet. For an 18 year old basketball player he was crazy athletic (just maybe not compared to guys in their 20's).

Yes Chris Quinn has more then enough athletic ability and skill, yet he's a marginal player. That just proves how hard it is to make it in the NBA.

gpfanz
11-05-2009, 07:53 PM
when r u joining d Nba?

nbastatus
11-05-2009, 08:51 PM
None, and I don't think I ever will.

hoopaddict08
11-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Eddy Curry

Aussie Outcast
11-05-2009, 09:09 PM
I've played against both Patrick Mills and Nathan Jawai in a competitive basketball game.

Game against Jawai was 3 years ago. He put up around 30/20 and had like 3 blocks in just over 25 mins. Granted our bigs were fairly bad at the time but he still physically dominated us.

Played against Mills about 3 or maybe 4 years ago now? That is possibly the most humiliating experience of my basketball career. I was told to guard him (didnt really know who he was at this point) and thought ok. At the end of game he had 47 points and I had been crossed, shook, faced up and any thing else you can think of multiple times.

Im no slouch when it comes to ball (been in various development squads for our national league) but theres a reason why these guys are in the NBA and were not. They're that damn good.

Foster5k
11-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Face it, most of these guys can't even beat WNBA players. :lol

Maga_1
11-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I was crossed and the other bad things by Ricky Rubio in a Spain vs Portugal under 16 game so i think i can't beat anyone.

But the Gary Payton's brother had played here in Portugal and i beat him in 1on1..

JG000
11-05-2009, 10:13 PM
DeShawn Stevenson

(kididng of course, but he really does suck)

I could beat Shaq in a 3-point contest though, I thnk

bd#1pguard
11-05-2009, 10:33 PM
So what if Rondo was a scrub when he was 15?

Seriously.

Players improve, Rondo improved. It doesn't matter that Rondo was a scrub at 15, after 10+ years of the best coaching and training in the world he turned into a world class player. Doesn't matter how he got there, all that matters is that he would crush you.

dude, relax, I know that! If your reading comprehension was up to par you would realize I just shared an experience a few yrs ago, I DID NOT say that i could beat him, hell no I couldnt

chazzy
11-05-2009, 10:42 PM
I got burned by Jrue Holiday in HS and gave him a hard foul to prevent the layup :oldlol:

PistonsFan#21
11-05-2009, 10:50 PM
LMAO at some of you guys! Just because i said i feel like i could beat them 1v1 doesnt mean i think i can make the NBA. The NBA is a 5v5 game after all...There is rarely any 1v1 situations setup for you unless you are a superstar or a good starter in the league. There is other aspects like Bball IQ, moving without the ball, passing, etc. You dont get drafted in NBA simply because you have good handles and can play 1v1.

SO yeah it isnt too far fetched to say some of them could be beaten 1v1, especially if you have height advantage

MMKM
11-06-2009, 12:23 AM
I could beat Blake Griffin right now. No, probably not actually. :oldlol:

Junny
11-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Div 1 Lacrosse is completely different then NBA basketball. Teams put a huge amount of effort into scouting players. If you played highschool ball and were a starter you got scouted by a college. When Pat Reilly became coach of the Heat back in 2006, the scouting report for a single team was bigger then a phone book. Pro-basketball is a big time professional sport, Div1 lacrosse has how many fans? Exactly.

Yes there are talented players who fall through the cracks, but everyone who is currently on an NBA team is a great player. I play basketball at a gym with guys who played D2 and D3 ball, and a few guys who were good enough to play D1. Even the scrubbiest NBA player would destroy these guys, myself included. Aaron Gray could literally come to my gym and his team would be garunteed to win every single game as long as his teammates passed him the ball.

Michael Sweetney, who is probably sitting on his ass eating a deep dish pizza and watching TV would destroy everyone at the rec center.

How do I know this?

Because I've not only played basketball but followed the careers of guys from highschool, college, and into the NBA. If you saw Travis Diener in college you would think this guy could hold his own against anyone. He was absolutely unstoppable, 3's, 2's, drives, layups, etc. He is 1/100th as effective in the NBA.

I would very much rather just lose the game of 1-on-1 against an NBA player, but hey, maybe that's just me.

As for the topic of the thread, I could beat any NBA player right now if he is injured. And not just injured, but Shaun-Livingstone-injured. I'd school that bytch easy. :pimp:

Baby_D
11-06-2009, 01:10 AM
I am 22 and in pretty good shape, I bet i could give Jerry West a serious run for his money when he gets a few years older.

allball
11-06-2009, 01:12 AM
You wouldn't score a single basket :oldlol:

neither would he unless he shoots all threes.

and don't tell me no one on here could beat Jason Collins. all NBA players are not unbeatable. some are in the league because of their size. there are players who are not in the league that can beat some NBA players.

phoenix18
11-06-2009, 01:14 AM
You know what? I am not going to sit here and kiss up to these guys. Bankshot, I dont really care what the percentages are, I would play an NBA player straight up. Lebron, who ever. I do not care. I would lose, but I sure as hell would feel as if I had a chance. You have to believe. I do. So, my answer is every single one that has ever put on jersey. In their prime. I'll also talk trash. Bird cant handle my mouth, he'll cr-cr-crack under the pressure.

KG215
11-06-2009, 01:25 AM

and don't tell me no one on here could beat Jason Collins. all NBA players are not unbeatable. some are in the league because of their size. there are players who are not in the league that can beat some NBA players.

Unless you're at least 6'8" yourself and pretty athletic, then no, you couldn't even beat the 7 footers who are in the league "only because of their size." The latter isn't all true anyway. My dad coached a 7'1" guy in high school who got zero offers from colleges because the guy could barely walk and talk at the same time.

Even guys like Jason Collins are quicker and more athletic than you think, and would use their superior size and strength to drive by you, and dunk it.

As for the OP, Pistons#21 or w/e, I don't care if you have a 1 foot size advantage over an NBA player, he's still going to be much stronger and much more athletic than you, and be able to make up for his lack of size with those attributes. I'm 6'5" and had a buddy who played on a small D1 school here, and would go play pickup with them a couple of nights a week in the offseason. I usually had a guy guarding me that was 6-8 inches shorter (usually the same guy) and I couldn't post him up at will and score because he was stronger than me and 100x more athletic. It also didn't help that I'm a SG and my low post skills are below average, but still. And that's just a low level D1 backup guard. The backup, undersized, PG's and SG's in the NBA are much better than that.

rfm767
11-06-2009, 01:44 AM
I could beat any1 on the NBA 1v1. It would only take a wide wallet to buy them into losing.

LutherHeadJob
11-06-2009, 01:48 AM
I can beat Yao at soccer.

Edit And cycling and high jump lol, **** cant do anything else

maybe gymnastics? yep beat yao in gymnastics

Hammertime
11-06-2009, 02:13 AM
Remember Fred Jones? Played for the Pacers, Clippers, Knicks...maybe other teams. I was at University of Oregon roughly at the same time he was. I went to a frat party once and he was in attendance as well. At some point, and he had a few drinks by now, he decided to play a quick game against three guys. 3-on-1, that is. Now, we're talking a guy who was a 41% shooter in the NBA. Turns out, when not being guarded by best players in the world, he shoots about 80%. And he wasn't even trying. He was taking jumpers(oh, and his vert was about twice that of the guys he was playing, and they weren't slouches either) and they couldn't come close to properly contesting his shot. He didn't even bother taking it to the hole, which would've probably looked like 10-pin bowling. Oh, and on D, he just stood 4-5 feet in front of the basket, and just let the guys come at him. Yeah, they hit a couple of shots, but mostly, they just shat themselves and shot airballs as soon as he stepped towards them.

It was hilarious, but also very telling. Top-level athletes are so much faster than you and me, can jump so much higher, move so much quicker, that it's not even close.

KG215
11-06-2009, 02:45 AM
You know those ridiculous half-court shots Dwight Howard and Lebron make in pre-game? A lot more skill go into those than people realize.

allball
11-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Unless you're at least 6'8" yourself and pretty athletic, then no, you couldn't even beat the 7 footers who are in the league "only because of their size." The latter isn't all true anyway. My dad coached a 7'1" guy in high school who got zero offers from colleges because the guy could barely walk and talk at the same time.

Even guys like Jason Collins are quicker and more athletic than you think, and would use their superior size and strength to drive by you, and dunk it.

As for the OP, Pistons#21 or w/e, I don't care if you have a 1 foot size advantage over an NBA player, he's still going to be much stronger and much more athletic than you, and be able to make up for his lack of size with those attributes. I'm 6'5" and had a buddy who played on a small D1 school here, and would go play pickup with them a couple of nights a week in the offseason. I usually had a guy guarding me that was 6-8 inches shorter (usually the same guy) and I couldn't post him up at will and score because he was stronger than me and 100x more athletic. It also didn't help that I'm a SG and my low post skills are below average, but still. And that's just a low level D1 backup guard. The backup, undersized, PG's and SG's in the NBA are much better than that.

Yo Captain in my younger days the best player I played against was Vernon Maxwell. of course I couldn't beat him but I got his respect.

anyway in the same gym you had guys like Cadillac Anderson who used to get his azz tore up by athletic, skilled non-NBA guys and I didn't say I could beat Collins but I said I'm sure there are non-NBA players on this board who probably could. not all of the best and most talented players make it to the NBA.

No way a Greg Kite, Jason Collins or Tree Rollins would have ever seen the L without his height.

phxsuns4life
11-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Nobody..... All players are in the NBA against very difficult odds meanwhile I play ball here in London and I'm content with playing at uni and pick-up games. There's a big difference between me and the worst NBA player.

Not to say I wouldn't go 1 on 1 with any NBA player, it would still be a blast....

gpfanz
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes if I faked the hell out of Kobe and drained 11 consecutive shots. I win :cheers:

Kobe commits suicide

mamba24
11-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Yes if I faked the hell out of Kobe and drained 11 consecutive shots. I win :cheers:

Kobe commits suicide

yup not a thread without the mention of this name...:roll: :roll: :roll:

gpfanz
11-06-2009, 11:29 AM
yup not a thread without the mention of this name...:roll: :roll: :roll:

Jealous to find another Kobe fan??? :confusedshrug:

e's Nikees
11-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow look at some of you fools thinking that there aren't people out there better than the WORST player in the NBA.

Chris Pual said it himself that there were players a lot better than him, but Chris had the grades to make it and avoided drugs and gangs.

There is a guy out there right now who's about 6'7'' and working at the cash register of a Stop and Shop who is a border line hell of a player who didn't make it.

His name's Will btw.

PistonsFan#21
11-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Wow look at some of you fools thinking that there aren't people out there better than the WORST player in the NBA.

Chris Pual said it himself that there were players a lot better than him, but Chris had the grades to make it and avoided drugs and gangs.

There is a guy out there right now who's about 6'7'' and working at the cash register of a Stop and Shop who is a border line hell of a player who didn't make it.

His name's Will btw.

Thats exactly my point...people act as if every basketball player in the world got scouted and they picked the 400 best among all of them. Thats not how it works. ANd why do some of you guys think NBA players are all stronger and more athletic than a guy not in the NBA? Shaun Livingston couldnt bench press 185lbs when he made it to the league, same for some other guys. I kow for a fact that im stronger than a player like Iverson or some other skinny small point guards. The average vertical leap of an NBA player is also less than 30 inches when im at 36 inches myself

BankShot
11-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Thats exactly my point...people act as if every basketball player in the world got scouted and they picked the 400 best among all of them. Thats not how it works. ANd why do some of you guys think NBA players are all stronger and more athletic than a guy not in the NBA? Shaun Livingston couldnt bench press 185lbs when he made it to the league, same for some other guys. I kow for a fact that im stronger than a player like Iverson or some other skinny small point guards. The average vertical leap of an NBA player is also less than 30 inches when im at 36 inches myself

Well then you should try out for the NBA, seeing as how bench-pressing and vertical leap are the major requirements to be a professional basketball player :rolleyes:

So where did you play D-1 college ball??

BankShot
11-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Remember Fred Jones? Played for the Pacers, Clippers, Knicks...maybe other teams. I was at University of Oregon roughly at the same time he was. I went to a frat party once and he was in attendance as well. At some point, and he had a few drinks by now, he decided to play a quick game against three guys. 3-on-1, that is. Now, we're talking a guy who was a 41% shooter in the NBA. Turns out, when not being guarded by best players in the world, he shoots about 80%. And he wasn't even trying. He was taking jumpers(oh, and his vert was about twice that of the guys he was playing, and they weren't slouches either) and they couldn't come close to properly contesting his shot. He didn't even bother taking it to the hole, which would've probably looked like 10-pin bowling. Oh, and on D, he just stood 4-5 feet in front of the basket, and just let the guys come at him. Yeah, they hit a couple of shots, but mostly, they just shat themselves and shot airballs as soon as he stepped towards them.

It was hilarious, but also very telling. Top-level athletes are so much faster than you and me, can jump so much higher, move so much quicker, that it's not even close.

Thats a sweet story... I'm also a U of O alum :cheers:

sergiorodriguez
11-06-2009, 03:28 PM
doesn't matter if you have no skill or BBall IQ, or explosiveness.

Guys like Gerald Green with ton of skill, a great jump shot and elite athleticism dont make it in this league. You think you could?:roll:

I am %100 guaranteed a guy like Dan Dickau would just stroke jumpers in your face all day long. Tyrone Lue would drive past you every single time. Even a bench scrub like Mark Madsen would just back you down all day easily and score easy layups from 2 feet away.

No matter who in the NBA you went up against, you would get destroyed. A bench scrub like Sergio Rodriguez for example, 3rd string PG on the worst team in the league, the Kings, has handles like Skip to my lou, he would put the ball between your legs, cross you up 5 times ever possession and drive by for a layup.

You would get schooled by anyone and everyone you went up against, even a washed up old man like Bruce Bowen has a much better jumper than you and would probably shut you down.

sergiorodriguez
11-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Mugsy would steal it from you all day long if you tried to back him down. He is lightning quick, you have to be if you want to succeed in the NBA and be as short as he is.

Also Sasha Vujacic and Dan Dickau probably have more athleticism and quickness than you do. They are slow compared to NBA guys, the elite 0.0001% in the country, but compared to normal guys like you they are real quick.

The Machine Vujacic would just stroke jumpers in your face easy, he could probably take you to the whole easily every time. If Machine can drive past guys like Pietrus and Corey Brewer-he has before, top level athletes and good NBA defenders, you really think you can stop him? You are a straight clown if you believe that man:lol

Flashbeanie
11-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Anyone think they can beat Bob Cousy at his age now? How about Jeff Hornacek or Steve Kerr at their ages now?

BankShot
11-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Its funny how people assume that if players (Mugsy Bogues, Earl Boykins) are much shorter, that they have to be weaker, or less talented.

If anything, guys that small have to be stronger and quicker then their peers to make up for the obvious difference in size.

sergiorodriguez
11-06-2009, 03:41 PM

so you are some preppy lacrosse dork convinced you could beat some NBA players? Which in particular?:roll:

sergiorodriguez
11-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Anyone think they can beat Bob Cousy at his age now? How about Jeff Hornacek or Steve Kerr at their ages now?
No way Kerr and Hornacek didnt lose their jumper, the absolute best athlete on these boards might have a slight chance, but Hornacek and Kerr are among the best shooters in NBA history. They would shoot jumpers over everyone all day long, and then you start guarding too close to stop the jumpshot and they just drive past you easy.

Hammertime
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Thats a sweet story... I'm also a U of O alum :cheers:

Respect. :)

I'm class of '03.

:cheers:

AND1CROSSED
11-07-2009, 03:32 PM

Congraturations! you just smoked your first weed!:pimp:

Vancouver-Grizz
11-07-2009, 03:37 PM
probably Shaq or Big Baby....But that is only because I am banking I can out run them.....LoL

Vancouver-Grizz
11-07-2009, 03:39 PM
but i gotta admit...I remembered when I play Greg Anthony 1 on 1 about 8 years ago and I couldn't even drive past the guy without him either stripping or stealing the ball outta my hand. Its quite depressing actually as I was a decent high school b-ball player back in the day. I think he beat me 10 zip in less then 3 mins.

HiphopRelated
11-07-2009, 03:40 PM
don't list any guards or wings

maybe a stiff you might have a chance to get around.

CakeorDeath
11-07-2009, 07:29 PM
No way Kerr and Hornacek didnt lose their jumper, the absolute best athlete on these boards might have a slight chance, but Hornacek and Kerr are among the best shooters in NBA history. They would shoot jumpers over everyone all day long, and then you start guarding too close to stop the jumpshot and they just drive past you easy.

Hornacek is now a part-time shooting coach for the Jazz. On occassion, he will join the Jazz broadcast crew to help cover games as an analyst. One night, some of the other TV guys were giving Jeff a little bit of crap about his age and Jeff, being the good sport he is, just laughed it off. One guy, though, seemed intent on really riffing him, so he mentioned how he would take Jeff 1 on 1 because Hornacek basically has no knee cartilage anymore and he wouldn't be able to move. Hornacek (who is a super nice guy), suddenly glared daggers at the guy and simply said "I can still shoot." Everybody instantly shut up and they moved on to another topic.

elinss86
11-07-2009, 07:37 PM

jason collins was pretty unstoppable in college lol. and while your thought taht non nba players might be able to. the question was if anyone on the boards can, and that answer is a 100% no, no matter how many delusional posters think they can

CakeorDeath
11-07-2009, 07:45 PM
I don't have much to say with respect to this topic; I really enjoy playing basketball but I wouldn't say I am very good at it. However, I will say this:

I went to a Div I school. While there, I used to play basketball 4 nights a week at the sports complex on campus. Occassionally, some of the guys from the basketball team would come to play. Mostly, they were there just to get a good run in and would only really try when they were playing against each other.

These guys had no shot at the NBA. Never entered the draft, most didn't even go overseas. I have no idea what most of them are doing now but none of them even sniffed the NBA.

There were people there that wanted to test themselves against those guys; not play-for-fun scrubs like me, but real gym rats who played for several hours every day, played in very competitive local leagues, etc. Not slouches by any stretch of the imagination.

Routinely, they would get their a$$es handed to them by the college team guys, who were clearly not even close to trying. Probably playing at about 25% effort. Routinely launching shots from 10 feet behind the arc, only dribbling with their weak hands, giving free, unguarded shots to the other side, etc.

To see college guys who had no shot at the NBA always beat the living hell out of really good local gym/playground ballers whenever they were challenged without even trying put things in real perspective for me.

I don't know anything about any of you personally, I just know what I saw. And you have to be a lot better than the best regular at the local YMCA or playground to compete with anyone who plays basketball for a living.

Solid Snake
12-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Tmac.

ihatetimthomas
12-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Rodney Rogers

IBrickShots
12-29-2009, 01:18 AM
I can beat Kevin Garnett..

If i took my daily steroids, bash his bad knee, and bring a megaphone! So when he taunts me about my play I could scream in his face louder then he can yell ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! Also increase my self esteem before the game so i won't cry when he mocks me.

phoenix18
12-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Didnt Devin Harris get embarrassed one on one?

hawksdogsbraves
12-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Andrew Bynum.

KG215
12-29-2009, 02:41 AM
I was an All-State player in high school on a state championship team. I was the 3rd best player on the team. I wasn't anything real special (6'5", could shoot, handle the ball, semi-athletic) but the best player on that team ended up going to a JUCO near our hometown. First off, this wasn't any ordinary JUCO team that year. They were essentially a mid-major D1 team playing in the JUCO ranks. The kid from my high school team (who also happened to be my best friend) was their 6th man (JUCO team) that year as a freshman, but he had opportunities to play at actual D1 schools right out of high school, but went to this school because of a girl. (I know that's a dumb reason but that's beside the point.) Me and him guarded each other a lot in pick-up games in high school (our 2nd best player was a 6'7" post man) Mine friend was a 6'4" combo guard who could shoot the lights out, throw it down off a routine drive to the hoop, and guard 4 positions in high school. I was having a good game in practice (with him guarding me) if I didn't let him score more than 10-12 points (quick 15-20 minute games usually) and was able to score 8-12 points myself.

Like I said, he went to a JUCO that would win the national championship and he was the 6-8th best player on the team. They had 9 guys on that team that would either go on to play at a D1 school or get offers from multiple D1 schools. Three of the players went to a BCS school, the rest had offers from either low-level BCS schools or pretty good mid-majors. This team had one player though, who was very, very, VERY good. In fact he was tabbed the #1 JUCO player in the nation that year in the preseason and held on to that title in the postseason player rankings.

I attended the same school (not for basketball) and had the fortune of playing pick-up with this team on more than a few occassions. The player I mentioned in the previous paragraph (in a gym full of D1 caliber basketball players and athletes) was clearly the best player in the gym when he decided it was time to get competitive and take over. It was only pick-up games, so he didn't do this every time, but when he did only a few things came to mind - and I've played against a lot of very talented players in my lifetime via AAU and high school ball -

1. He's the best player I personally have ever had the pleasure of playing against or with.

2. I think he might have a real shot at playing in the NBA.

The guy was/is just a ridiculous basketball player. He's a 6'6" shooting guard. An absolute freak of nature athlete. I saw him pull off VC circa 2000 dunk contest type of dunks. Granted they were in an empty gym with 15 guys standing around watching, but still. He had a solid mid-range game, a streaky shooter from deep, but could get hot and hit 3 or 4 long balls in a game, and had an extremely quick first step. He was good enough that he was able to seriously consider going pro from this JUCO instead of to the numerous D1 schools he had offers from. He passed that up and stayed in-state to go to the hometown D1 school an hour north of this JUCO. He had two very good years at this school: All-Conference, won the NCAA Slam Dunk contest, dropped 31 points in an 8/9 1st round matchup in the NCAA tourney, outshining a current Clippers star 2 guard.

I painted that lengthy and wordy picture to say this; I've played against and watched a lot of players in my life that I thought were good enough to crack the NBA one day. None of them (in my opinion) were better than this guy. He is now essentially the 8th or 9th man on a 15-17 EC team. Was a second round draft pick of the Chicago Bulls last year, traded to the Denver Nuggets where he averaged 4.6 MPG in the 12 games he got into when he wasn't either in the NBDL or riding pine as the 12th man. He's a very good player. Someone who made me feel like I was playing at a pee-wee level the few times I was guarding or being guarded by when we played pick-up games together. And like I said, I wasn't anything that special but wasn't a pushover either. My friend I played high school ball with, that I felt was much better than myself, and played with this particular player said that he was several notches above him as a player. I'd be very impressed if anyone on here could even score three or four points on him in a 1v1 game to 11.

I'm not going to "name drop" because he's not a household name but if you can't figure out who he is, it shouldn't be too hard...especially for Raptors fans.

phoenix18
12-29-2009, 02:46 AM
Weems.

JayGuevara
12-29-2009, 02:49 AM
I could beat Nate Robinson as long as Mike D'Antoni is coaching him for this game of 1 on 1. :cheers:

KG215
12-29-2009, 02:49 AM
Weems.
That didn't take long.

hawksdogsbraves
12-29-2009, 02:50 AM
Sonny Weems? That's pretty cool. He is the kind of player though, (6'6, very athletic) that would eat you alive in one on one, so of course no one on this site could beat him.

StroShow4
I'm not going to "name drop" because he's not a household name but if you can't figure out who he is, it shouldn't be too hard...especially for Raptors fans.

<---------------See the avy. :pimp:

StroShow4
Rodney Rogers

That's cold man. :oldlol:

HylianNightmare
12-29-2009, 02:53 AM
Really no one, and no I've on here could either or they are a pro

KG215
12-29-2009, 02:54 AM
<---------------See the avy. :pimp:

KG215
12-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Sonny Weems? That's pretty cool. He is the kind of player though, (6'6, very athletic) that would eat you alive in one on one, so of course no one on this site could beat him.

Yeah, my story and point would have came across much better last year when he was spending most of his time as the Nuggets 12th man or playing in the NBDL. This year, he's actually getting some run and not playing too bad. And like you said, he's a 6'6" athletic freak, but still not good enough (yet) to be more than the 8th or 9th man on a middle of the pack Eastern Conference team.

Unfortunately I don't get to see many Raptors games but it's still really cool seeing on TV from time to time...in the NBA! :rockon: I know it's not like knowing Lebron James or Kobe Bryant...but still.

StroShow4
12-29-2009, 03:00 AM

That was a really cool story, BTW. It must be cool to be able to say you played HS basketball with an NBA player.

Also, I'm not sure if you've been watching, but Weems has been playing pretty well for the Raptors lately.

hayden695
12-29-2009, 03:08 AM
First of all, sick avy stro and Weems is becoming a favourite of mine.

IDK if I could beat any players 1 on 1. It would have to be a poor mans andre miller, someone shorter than me who wouldn't just shoot over me all night.

KG215
12-29-2009, 03:10 AM
That was a really cool story, BTW. It must be cool to be able to say you played HS basketball with an NBA player.

Also, I'm not sure if you've been watching, but Weems has been playing pretty well for the Raptors lately.

Not high school ball. The best player from our state championship team in high school played college ball with Weems for a year. I just played a lot of pick-up with them, usually 3 or 4 nights a week in the offseason, maybe once a week during the season, and hungout with him a lot outside of basketball, i.e. watched the Super Bowl that year with him and 10-15 other people, several nights where I was hanging out at my friends apartment and Weems would come over and watch a college hoops game with the two of us, ate lunch with him quite a bit, among other things. He wasn't like a best friend (he was BMOC at a college, albeit a JUCO, so he had a lot of "friends") but for that one year we were pretty good friends.

And yeah, I just looked up his numbers and saw that he's actually getting some PT with the Raptors and not doing too bad with the minutes he's getting.

StroShow4
12-29-2009, 03:13 AM
Not high school ball. The best player from our state championship team in high school played college ball with Weems for a year. I just played a lot of pick-up with them, usually 3 or 4 nights a week in the offseason, maybe once a week during the season, and hungout with him a lot outside of basketball, i.e. watched the Super Bowl that year with him and 10-15 other people, several nights where I was hanging out at my friends apartment and Weems would come over and watch a college hoops game with the two of us and other things. He wasn't like a best friend (he was BMOC at a college, albeit a JUCO) but for that one year we were pretty good friends.

And yeah, I just looked up his numbers and saw that he's actually getting some PT with the Raptors and not doing too bad with the minutes he's getting.

My bad, I misread your story, I thought you were on his team. Still it's very cool that you knew an NBA player and played ball with/against him. That's not something most people can claim.

Thugnificent
12-29-2009, 03:15 AM

:applause:

OG LeeTSkeeT
12-29-2009, 03:24 AM
but when you guys talk about free throws it has to be in game situations where it counts with all the pressure and the fans. but what about wnba players?:confusedshrug:

HylianNightmare
12-29-2009, 03:25 AM
http://www.accessathletes.com/members/userPhotos/10000517.jpg\

This mans name is Majic Dorsey, he currently plays the backup point for the Dleague team from Reno, the Bighorns.

I've had the chance to play ball with him as he is a local legend of you will, and honestly not one person here stands a chance, he can dribble shoot defend he does it all and much better than anyone in the central florida area that plays him at the spots around here.

This man has won major awards in the WBA and the mexican basketball league, and he is a backup point guard in the nba D league.

He is averaging about 3 points a game this year and just this past summer was hooping up everyone down here.

Allot of people don't seem to get that these guys are pro's they have dedicated thier lives to basketball. but if some of you guys really think you'd have a shot please go for it and continue to try hopefully we'll see you on tv someday.

But at the end of the day Pro ball players, not even just nba, pro ball players will beat 99.9% of thier competition whether some guy on insidehoops believes that or not

StroShow4
12-29-2009, 03:28 AM
^I remember seeing him play in the AND1 mixtape tour. He was sick.

HylianNightmare
12-29-2009, 03:46 AM
^I remember seeing him play in the AND1 mixtape tour. He was sick.
Yeah man everytime I play with him I'm picking his brain trying to learn some of his moves

Sonics4Life
12-29-2009, 03:52 AM
Jerome James.

Splitz77
12-29-2009, 03:55 AM
Uhmmm. Kobe:confusedshrug:

haha.

monkeypox
12-29-2009, 03:59 AM
Wil chamberlain... but only if his coffin is laid sideways.

LT Ice Cream
12-29-2009, 05:14 AM
When I first read this thread, I thought it was the stupidest question ever. BUT it is a valid question the more you think about it. ONE ON ONE is a totally different game from team basketball. There are plenty of players in the NBA who are there because of their team game, but it doesn't mean they can play one on one. There's plenty of good streetballers out there who can take NBA players one on one, but that doesn't count for anything if you're trying to make it in the NBA. Just watch that video of that British guy beating Devin Harris . . . legit one on one? Yes. But does that make him eligible for NBA? Hell no.

Junny
12-29-2009, 06:03 AM
Now I'm wondering.... If such a thing ever happens. Say I'm playing a game of 1-on-1 against Yao, Shaq, or Ben Wallace. Surely they'll beat me by posting up, or maybe shooting over me. Yes, they're NBA players, but surely, surely, I won't get beat because Ben Wallace could cross me out and break my ankles.... Or can they? :confusedshrug:

markymark
12-29-2009, 06:07 AM

Why don't you try out for the NBA then? :roll:

markymark
12-29-2009, 06:08 AM
When I first read this thread, I thought it was the stupidest question ever. BUT it is a valid question the more you think about it. ONE ON ONE is a totally different game from team basketball. There are plenty of players in the NBA who are there because of their team game, but it doesn't mean they can play one on one. There's plenty of good streetballers out there who can take NBA players one on one, but that doesn't count for anything if you're trying to make it in the NBA. Just watch that video of that British guy beating Devin Harris . . . legit one on one? Yes. But does that make him eligible for NBA? Hell no.

Devin Harris probably put in 5% of his normal effort.

Close this stupid thread please.

Toizumi
12-29-2009, 06:16 AM
None.

KG215
12-29-2009, 06:18 AM

I know Ben Wallace doesn't have a nasty crossover by NBA standards, but I'm willing to bet his ball handling skills are much better than we are lead to believe. I don't think some of us (and I'm call you out LT Ice Cream) realize just how skilled even the "worst" players in the NBA are. I'm sure Ben Wallace has a crossover or hesitation move equal or superior to that of even the best players we've played pick-up, intramurals, rec league, etc. with and/or against.

You know how they show Lebron or Dwight Howard during pregame, sometimes, making some crazy shot from half court. Well, there's a lot more skill involved in that than we all think, and a lot less luck involved. Even in a 1v1 situation against some 6'10"+ PF/C that we think has no ball handling or shooting abilities would beat us easily. They may be bad ball handlers and shooters by NBA standards, but by "local YMCA" standards they are much better than most that aren't in the NBA.

Now, as for past NBA players...I bet I could hang with some of the old timers that are still alive that played in the 50's and 60's. Just as long as it's a guard whose quickness, shooting ability, and ball handling ability has greatly diminished due to them being 75+ years old. :D

LebrickJames84'
12-29-2009, 07:46 AM
great thread fun fun read. The fact is in one on one it is total different. We have to look at this like it is a life and death to 10 1s and 2s. loser out so it is fair. This is a basketball forum, so alot of guys here have played ball at a somewhat competitive level at some point in their life. I wouldn't doubt that a pretty good guy is or was in HS that will somewhat really tall like 6-7+ could take down a pg under 6 ft. by backing them down if strong enough the entire game. wouldn't doubt it at all.

AtomSmasher
12-29-2009, 07:54 AM
bro i agree with your entire post but eric snow was a very good basketball player even by nba standards. that guy was pound for pound the strongest basketball player i've ever seen. that guy was really good. would be a nightmare trying to play him one on one (i know a guy that did actually).

VeeCee15
12-29-2009, 08:23 AM
"Even the WORST player in the NBA is better than 90 percent of people who aren't in the NBA"

More like 99.9%.

Actually.

xtn5021
12-29-2009, 08:52 AM
I could probably take on Kobe.

Andrei89
12-29-2009, 08:56 AM

Right you could beat them?

Did you even get selected for your High School Team? Did you get a scholarship to college ball? Are you playing the D-League?

You writing on some forums you can beat Boykins makes me wanna scream.

Basketbolero
12-29-2009, 09:38 AM
lol at some people in this thread. The only way one of us could beat any NBA player it would be if the first to score won and we started with the ball. Even the worst one on one player would kill any of us just by playing hard defense and being physical.

Muggsy Bogues, Earl Boykins? c'mon, get a clue, they are/were great 1-on-1 players, being used to score over the bigger guys, they would literally run circles around you.

triangleoffense
12-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Unless you play in euroleague, for an international team or have played D1 collegiate ball there's no way you could beat any of those players.

Wait no, even if you played in euroleague, for a national team or D1 ball there's still no way you could beat those players. How many players out of those 3 leagues do you think want to play in the NBA, now how many of them get the opportunity?

teeny bopper thread

Figlo
12-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Eddy Curry. Just give him a burger after he checks me the ball.

Buying 11 burgers is worth beating an NBA player in an 1 on 1.

triangleoffense
12-29-2009, 09:59 AM
streetballers could maybe beat some in a streetball halfcourt style game.

Junny
12-29-2009, 11:20 AM
I know Ben Wallace doesn't have a nasty crossover by NBA standards, but I'm willing to bet his ball handling skills are much better than we are lead to believe. I don't think some of us (and I'm call you out LT Ice Cream) realize just how skilled even the "worst" players in the NBA are. I'm sure Ben Wallace has a crossover or hesitation move equal or superior to that of even the best players we've played pick-up, intramurals, rec league, etc. with and/or against.

You know how they show Lebron or Dwight Howard during pregame, sometimes, making some crazy shot from half court. Well, there's a lot more skill involved in that than we all think, and a lot less luck involved. Even in a 1v1 situation against some 6'10"+ PF/C that we think has no ball handling or shooting abilities would beat us easily. They may be bad ball handlers and shooters by NBA standards, but by "local YMCA" standards they are much better than most that aren't in the NBA.

Now, as for past NBA players...I bet I could hang with some of the old timers that are still alive that played in the 50's and 60's. Just as long as it's a guard whose quickness, shooting ability, and ball handling ability has greatly diminished due to them being 75+ years old. :D

Damn man, I don't think I could take it if Ben Wallace or Yao broke my ankles. :lol

tmac2k8
12-29-2009, 11:35 AM
I actually have played an NBA player 1 on 1 and beat them, I'm living proof that it can be done. In 2008, Carl landry of the Houston rockets played me one on one and I beat him. We only played a half of basketball but I was up about 35 - 18, something to that effect, he had to go sign autographs afterwards so we couldn't finish our game. I also rejected him a few times and nailed some threes right in his face.

Did I mention we were playing NBA 2k8? Yeah he kinda sucks at that game, he totally would kick my ass in real basketball though.

artex
12-29-2009, 11:36 AM
RONDO, id just make him shoot jump shots

Maga_1
12-29-2009, 12:53 PM
RONDO, id just make him shoot jump shots

He can make them right know

Rake2204
12-29-2009, 12:57 PM
I actually have played an NBA player 1 on 1 and beat them, I'm living proof that it can be done. In 2008, Carl landry of the Houston rockets played me one on one and I beat him. We only played a half of basketball but I was up about 35 - 18, something to that effect, he had to go sign autographs afterwards so we couldn't finish our game. I also rejected him a few times and nailed some threes right in his face.

Did I mention we were playing NBA 2k8? Yeah he kinda sucks at that game, he totally would kick my ass in real basketball though.
And here I was wondering why you guys were playing a game of one-on-one to 35.

PistonsFan#21
12-29-2009, 01:50 PM
LMAO at the posts some of you guys made. According to you all NBA players are crazy skilled in 1v1 and they all can shoot lights out. If Ben Wallace shoots 43%FT in NBA he wont suddenly turn into a scoring machine in a pickup game.

Not all players in NBA are selected for their 1v1 skills. Alot of them are drafted because of their defense, their passing, their team play, their height, their athletic ability, etc. It is not impossible to find a guy that sucks at 1v1 just because he is a NBA player

1~Gibson~1
12-29-2009, 01:51 PM
None.

indiefan23
12-29-2009, 03:32 PM

No, there are street ball players who could conceivably beat an NBA player, but I just do not think you are one of them. You'd back down Mugsy Bogues? How are you going to get to the hoop cuz if you put it on the floor he's going to strip you at least once. If he gets the ball, you lose. If you don't start with the ball, you lose. I'd love to see how you make out vs a dude three times as fast as you. Not to mention, his 41" vertical would block your ass.

You might score a point or two cuz he'd know all he needs is to get it once and it's all over.

RajonKGcelts
12-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Sasha V

indiefan23
12-29-2009, 03:49 PM
LMAO athttp://www.insidehoops.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3813958 the posts some of you guys made. According to you all NBA players are crazy skilled in 1v1 and they all can shoot lights out. If Ben Wallace shoots 43%FT in NBA he wont suddenly turn into a scoring machine in a pickup game.

Not all players in NBA are selected for their 1v1 skills. Alot of them are drafted because of their defense, their passing, their team play, their height, their athletic ability, etc. It is not impossible to find a guy that sucks at 1v1 just because he is a NBA player

Heh, Ben Wallace shoots vs the very best competition in the world in every NBA game. I'd feel fully confident that if we went to a gym Wallace can swish a 3 in your eye. The man plays basketball every day of his life from his childhood to his 30's and you think he's never taken the time to practice shooting. ;0

Ike Digou had a PER of 30 in college and a TS% of 66. He can hardly get minutes in the NBA. Yet you're going to smoke a player who's way, way faster then any player you've ever faced in your whole life. ;0

SRZ66
12-29-2009, 03:53 PM
street ball hacks who dont know how to play team ball / defense without fouling u mean? oh but they have a good and 1 crossover, they must be able to play in the nba

hotsizzle
12-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Sasha and I'm not kidding. Actually he might be too tall for me. Chris Quinn maybe. Only thing standing in my way from beating some of these guys is size..(I'm 5'11")

Penny37
12-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Nope. Still a stupid question.
Name some who are only there because of one fact of their game?
Then go look up their stats in College and High School.

If it looks like they are only good at one facet of the game it's because that's what they focused on once they came into the L. Guaranteed that guys like Ben Wallace wasn't just rebounding in College.

And also, correct me if I'm wrong but that British guy only scored a couple baskets on Harris and crossed him up maybe once, right?

I would stake my life on Harris in a one on one.

asu77golf
12-29-2009, 04:04 PM
None of you can beat anybody that has played in the NBA for the last 40 years. Let it go, you're not good enough.

Me on the other hand, I just beat Kobe and Melo 2v1. They didn't have a chance. They were all like "dude, come play for my team" and I was like "nah man, I like being an environmental consultant" and they was like "but you can have millions of dollars" and I was all like "I don't want your money, this game is too easy for me" and I flipped the ball backwards over my head from the 3-line and swished it.

asu77golf
12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Sasha and I'm not kidding. Actually he might be too tall for me. Chris Quinn maybe. Only thing standing in my way from beating some of these guys is size..(I'm 5'11")

where'd you play your college ball?

indiefan23
12-29-2009, 04:08 PM
street ball hacks who dont know how to play team ball / defense without fouling u mean? oh but they have a good and 1 crossover, they must be able to play in the nba

Ya know, I think Hot Sauce could prolly win vs some NBA guy. His handle is sick and he's quick enough. But it's could win. Most NBA dudes would kill him cuz he would never be able to stop them defensively. When you play real players, serious ones who 'train' instead of 'play', those dudes don't miss. They shoot jumpers like lay ups and that's just the crappy Canadian college players I played with. Even backing down people way smaller then me, sometimes I miss, and sometimes I get stripped. If the guy is NBA fast I really just can't see anyone who's not on that my career is hoop level coming close at all.

Dresta
12-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Nope. Still a stupid question.
Name some who are only there because of one fact of their game?
Then go look up their stats in College and High School.

If it looks like they are only good at one facet of the game it's because that's what they focused on once they came into the L. Guaranteed that guys like Ben Wallace wasn't just rebounding in College.

And also, correct me if I'm wrong but that British guy only scored a couple baskets on Harris and crossed him up maybe once, right?

I would stake my life on Harris in a one on one.Well that British guy was an ex-pro who had to stop playing because of an injury. Not exactly your average joe.

PistonsFan#21
12-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Heh, Ben Wallace shoots vs the very best competition in the world in every NBA game. I'd feel fully confident that if we went to a gym Wallace can swish a 3 in your eye. The man plays basketball every day of his life from his childhood to his 30's and you think he's never taken the time to practice shooting. ;0

Ike Digou had a PER of 30 in college and a TS% of 66. He can hardly get minutes in the NBA. Yet you're going to smoke a player who's way, way faster then any player you've ever faced in your whole life. ;0

Are you serious? So you are telling me that Ben Wallace who actually shoots about 43%FT for his career and airballed the most free throws in NBA history would suddenly start making 3s with people in his face? Whats next? Let me guess. Shaq can actually make half court shots on a consistent base in pick up games? Those guys did practice shooting but just didnt got good at it. He will never take a 3pt in a game so they dont practice it that much

Rekindled
12-30-2009, 02:14 AM
i could beat shaq, if i get ball first, i have a good chance of making 12 straight midrange shots

Anton Chigurh
12-30-2009, 02:18 AM
I could maybe beat derek fisher. i just have to outscore him cause i know his defense will allow it.

iggy>
12-30-2009, 02:27 AM
u couldnt even beat don nelson one on one

Swaggin916
12-30-2009, 02:32 AM
I think I could beat the little guys like Nate and Barrea... I am only 5'11 so it' snot like I am some giant lol... but I have a good post game and I think I can post them.

I really think I could beat quite a few... wins would just come few and far between lol.

Penny37
12-30-2009, 03:04 AM
I think I could beat the little guys like Nate and Barrea... I am only 5'11 so it' snot like I am some giant lol... but I have a good post game and I think I can post them.

I really think I could beat quite a few... wins would just come few and far between lol.
Lmao

Samurai Swoosh
12-30-2009, 03:06 AM
Ya know, I think Hot Sauce could prolly win vs some NBA guy.
:roll:

brantonli
12-30-2009, 03:07 AM

Nate is one of the stronger players in the league (according to his size). Do you really think you'll be able to back them down just because you're taller? It's like saying Garnett can easily back down Chuck Hayes because Hayes is smaller.

macpierce
12-30-2009, 03:33 AM
id like to see you back down earl boykins lol, dude benches like over 300

Big#50
12-30-2009, 03:57 AM
None.

Agent_Zero
12-30-2009, 03:59 AM
i got smush

oh wait

Swaggin916
12-30-2009, 04:19 AM
Nate is one of the stronger players in the league (according to his size). Do you really think you'll be able to back them down just because you're taller? It's like saying Garnett can easily back down Chuck Hayes because Hayes is smaller.

Um no... I weigh 195 and can back people down who outweigh me and he doesn't. If he wants to put all his weight into me then I will just shoot over him. His athleticism won't account for much down in the post also.

id like to see you back down earl boykins lol, dude benches like over 300

I bench over 300 pounds... but bench is completely useless down in the post. It's all about leg/core strength and getting the other person off balance. Earl weighs like 165 anyway... He would not be hard to back down lol... and like I said if he wants to get into a leverage battle I will just shoot over him. I know when people aren't able to challenge shots and I take advantage of that. You ever see Scola in the post? Dude is a master of Leverage. He jumps like an inch off the ground when he puts it up cus he knows guys can't challenge the shot... and if people want to do the traditional forearm in the back they are going to get backed down plain and simple.

I am not saying I am some great player... but in a game of one on one there are certain guys who are beatable.

Underballer
12-30-2009, 04:23 AM
Rodney Rogers

Penny37
12-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Um no... I weigh 195 and can back people down who outweigh me and he doesn't. If he wants to put all his weight into me then I will just shoot over him. His athleticism won't account for much down in the post also.

I bench over 300 pounds... but bench is completely useless down in the post. It's all about leg/core strength and getting the other person off balance. Earl weighs like 165 anyway... He would not be hard to back down lol... and like I said if he wants to get into a leverage battle I will just shoot over him. I know when people aren't able to challenge shots and I take advantage of that. You ever see Scola in the post? Dude is a master of Leverage. He jumps like an inch off the ground when he puts it up cus he knows guys can't challenge the shot... and if people want to do the traditional forearm in the back they are going to get backed down plain and simple.

I am not saying I am some great player... but in a game of one on one there are certain guys who are beatable.

Wow. Your ignorance amazes me.
You're 5'11, right? So I take it you didn't play any college ball, let alone anything pro.

And you think you beat guys like Nate and Earl? Pleasee guy..
They've been getting posted up their whole lives. You think they can't handle some chump like you who talks smack on internet boards?

If it were that easy to back them down and score you'd be in the NBA because I don't see guys like Billups posting them up with that ease. If it were easy to post them up they wouldn't be in the NBA, period.

PistonsFan#21
12-07-2013, 03:08 AM
bump

kkb_12
12-07-2013, 04:12 AM
I do not think that I could win against any NBA player ( or coach ), but there are some players that simply do not know how to win without help from at least two other superstars :)

PickernRoller
12-07-2013, 04:18 AM
Lebron.

I don't have to guard him, just dare him shoot a jumper and watch him shit his pants.

I'll make it fair, 1 on 2. Me vs. Lebron and Ray Allen, just so he has a chance.

shallehalle
12-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Lebron.

I don't have to guard him, just dare him shoot a jumper and watch him shit his pants.

I'll make it fair, 1 on 2. Me vs. Lebron and Ray Allen, just so he has a chance.
if there was a shot clock you couldn't beat lebron and ray allen card boards

davehos
12-07-2013, 05:41 AM
If I weren't such a fat ass ...

If I didn't smoke so much crack ...

If I didn't spend too much time on the internet NBA forums ...

Yeah. I'm going to go with 0. I could beat none of them.

dr.hee
12-07-2013, 05:43 AM

:roll: