PDA

View Full Version : Warriors trade Stephen Jackson to Bobcats!

Lyoto15
11-16-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5034

Charlotte Bobcats General Manager Rod Higgins announced today that the team has acquired guards Stephen Jackson and Acie Law from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for guard Raja Bell and forward Vladimir Radmanovic.

“We are excited to add a player of Stephen’s caliber to our franchise,” Higgins said. “He is coming off arguably the best season of his career and we believe he will help our team on both ends of the floor with his scoring and defensive abilities. He also brings experience going deep into the playoffs, including winning an NBA Championship with San Antonio. In addition, Acie Law is a talented, young player who provides us with added depth at point guard.”

MMKM
11-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Wow. For Raja Bell and Radmanovic.

The Warriors are doomed to suck forever.

BTW Radmanovic much keep a suitcase in his locker that guy gets around.

guy
11-16-2009, 12:01 PM
What the hell? I thought the whole reason they didn't take AI was cause of money due to them wanting to sell the team, but now they take Jackson's huge contract? What's Jordan thinking?

chains5000
11-16-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.rc-hr.com/esp/Portals/20/breaking-news.gif

Does this mean Nelson won't get fired?

BRabbiT
11-16-2009, 12:02 PM
good trade for the bobcats

HylianNightmare
11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I pray to god this is true:bowdown:

BFRESH44
11-16-2009, 12:04 PM
FAIL by the Cavs

Kobe Jnr
11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
didn't Jackson wanna get traded to a contender?

noob cake
11-16-2009, 12:07 PM
It must be painful for Nellie to give up his favorite SF in Acie Law.

Huey Freeman
11-16-2009, 12:08 PM
You can't always get what you want? :confusedshrug:

icemanfan
11-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow. For Raja Bell and Radmanovic.

The Warriors are doomed to suck forever.

BTW Radmanovic much keep a suitcase in his locker that guy gets around.
when does Bell and Radmanovic contracts expire?

Huey Freeman
11-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Raja Bell is an expirer, Radmanovic expires in 2 seasons (including this one).

Lyoto15
11-16-2009, 12:10 PM

Bell 1 year 5 mill
Radmanovic 2 years 6 mill

catzhernandez
11-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Wow for the Bobcats... Nice deal, total steal.

Anyways... Nellie should really like VladRad... Big who can shoot. Should fit in nicely. I expect career numbers.

El Kabong
11-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Great trade for the Bobcats if Jackson shows up in the right frame
of mind. I thought he had said he didn't want to go to Charlotte and would cause trouble if he was sent there?

Lyoto15
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Great trade for the Bobcats if Jackson shows up in the right frame
of mind. I thought he had said he didn't want to go to Charlotte and would cause trouble if he was sent there?

LoL.

Havent heard that before, If thats true, MJ :applause:

Im just glad he left golden state, and really hope those young guys start playing like crazy.. Im hoping for more minutes for Randolph ! !

All Net
11-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Phew

Sjax not getting traded to a contender.

KeylessEntry
11-16-2009, 12:21 PM
If this is true, I like it. Jackson wont be very happy, but who cares about Jackson.

Lyoto15
11-16-2009, 12:22 PM
If this is true, I like it. Jackson wont be very happy, but who cares about Jackson.
:oldlol: :applause:

markymark
11-16-2009, 12:25 PM
All the more AI should go to the Cats. He'd make a really nasty tandem with Cap Jack.

Any chances of this happening?

Knicks101
11-16-2009, 12:28 PM
:oldlol: Jackson got owned.

El Kabong
11-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Ok, Ric Bucher just said Jackson is OK with the trade. Guess he really wanted out of GS.

goldenryan
11-16-2009, 12:30 PM
this trade make the bobcats playoff contenders?

pg- Augustin
sg-Jackson
sf-Wallace
pf-Diaw
c-Chadler

bench
Felton,henderson, mohammed, diop, law
still don't think they're as good as heat, pistons, raptors.

oh the horror
11-16-2009, 12:32 PM
those this trade make the bobcats playoff contenders?

pg- Augustin
sg-Jackson
sf-Wallace
pf-Diaw
c-Chadler

bench
still don't think they're as good as heat, pistons, raptors.

Its really not a bad team when you think about it.

dallaslonghorn
11-16-2009, 12:35 PM
those this trade make the bobcats playoff contenders?

pg- Augustin
sg-Jackson
sf-Wallace
pf-Diaw
c-Chadler

bench
still don't think there as good as heat, pistons, raptors.

At the very least, this puts them with the group of teams fighting for the 8th spot. The Bobcats needed another shot creator, and now they have two guys on the perimeter who can get 15-20 pts a game. They will still need either Augustin or Felton to step up at point and run this team, since there still is no true #1 option. And with the way they play defense, this might be enough to put them ahead of the 76ers and Pistons.

Seems like a one step forward, two step back trade to me. Even if the Bobcats make the playoffs, they are nowhere near the elite teams. Now they have a veteran team with a lot of money going forward, and most likely (given MJ's draft record) won't be getting any more difference makers in the draft.

DuMa
11-16-2009, 12:38 PM
so this means AI to the bobcats is officially dead?

Lyin
11-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Does that make Raja a starter or is Curry gonna be playing ahead of him?

goldenryan
11-16-2009, 12:41 PM
a rookie and a guy who play defense. a rock and a hard place for nelson. :D

Lyoto15
11-16-2009, 12:42 PM

Well he shouldnt take curry's place.
Monta and curry should just keep playing as the starting guards, but you never know with nellie.

visirale
11-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Danny Ferry strikes again!

... oh wait...

phoenix18
11-16-2009, 12:45 PM
All the more AI should go to the Cats. He'd make a really nasty tandem with Cap Jack.

Any chances of this happening?

I think they might trade Law for AI. Or they might just keep him, IDK.:confusedshrug:

HylianNightmare
11-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Law for AI, and their my new favorite team

2LeTTeRS
11-16-2009, 12:51 PM
I like this deal, and for every body saying we should get Iverson we now have 3 guys who handle the ball well enough that we don't need him. I liked Raja for this team, but I love Jax.

Lets just hope he doesn't mind coming to Charlotte.

ChiCity
11-16-2009, 12:52 PM
confirmed on the bobcats websitehttp://www.nba.com/bobcats/release_warriors_trade_091116.htmll

:oldlol:

ronnymac
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Felton
Jackson
Wallace
Diaw
Chandler

Thats a very versatile lineup. everyone of those guys except tyson and felton can play a varity of different positions and do it well.

HylianNightmare
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
There is no way he. Can join them by tonights game right?

2LeTTeRS
11-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Felton
Jackson
Wallace
Diaw
Chandler

Thats a very versatile lineup. everyone of those guys except tyson and felton can play a varity of different positions and do it well.

:lol

I guess you haven't been too impressed with our attempts to convert Felton to a 2guard?

browntown
11-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Do you guys think he'll have the same production as J- Rich had with the Bobcats?

ronnymac
11-16-2009, 01:01 PM

I guess you haven't been too impressed with our attempts to convert Felton to a 2guard?
Why though?. he clearly is more of a 1 then 2. infact if anything agustine is more of a 2 then him.

ronnymac
11-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Do you guys think he'll have the same production as J- Rich had with the Bobcats?
Jackson is a more of a do it all player then jrich. not saying he's a triple double player,but compared to richardson, he has a better allround game. but richardson is a better athlete and scorer.

plowking
11-16-2009, 01:05 PM
a rookie and a guy who play defense. a rock and a hard place for nelson. :D

Haha, this cracked me up.

icemanfan
11-16-2009, 01:08 PM
isn't Brown still coach of this team? How the hell is a selfish crybaby like jackson going to work with Larry Brown? I can just hear it now...."not a game, not a game, we're talking about practice".

phoenix18
11-16-2009, 01:09 PM
isn't Brown still coach of this team? How the hell is a selfish crybaby like jackson going to work with Larry Brown? I can just here it now...."not a game, not a game, we're talking about practice".
hear. Hear it now. Anyways, Larry Brown is one of the best basketball coaches you have ever seen. He can handle it.

franchise#3
11-16-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm happy for the Bobcats, Jackson should be a scorer for them that they needed.

icemanfan
11-16-2009, 01:12 PM
hear. Hear it now. Anyways, Larry Brown is one of the best basketball coaches you have ever seen. He can handle it.
fixed

Dasher
11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
The Bobcats are really a team in search of a superstar. When you look at their roster after the addition of SJax, you see a team that is only missing a straw to stir their drink.

phoenix18
11-16-2009, 01:17 PM
fixed
What did you fix?

icemanfan
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
What did you fix?
here to hear.......like u said

bagelred
11-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was supposed to be Bell and Mohammed to NYK for Curry. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

STOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant

phoenix18
11-16-2009, 01:21 PM
here to hear.......like u said
Oh, I thought you fixed something in my post. Sorry. I am not trying to be the grammar police, but I have been messing up so much in my essays so I thought that I could reinforce good habits while writing anything else.

bagelred
11-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Great trade by GSW to not take back long term contracts and get semi-productive players.

However, just what GSW needs....more guards and forwards.....:hammerhead:

Dasher
11-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Be patient bagelred. That Curry contract becomes more and more valuable by the day. After you get LeBron, you may be able to use it to get someone like Michael Redd to be LeBron's sidekick.

rufuspaul
11-16-2009, 01:29 PM
If Larry could handle AI he'll have no problem with SJax. I'm ecstatic. Any offensive shot in the arm I'll take right now. And of course LB and MJ are not through. Definitely another big trade will come down before the deadline.

Tonights game in Orlando is gonna be hard to watch. Do we start Flip at the 2?

ukballer
11-16-2009, 01:31 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm signed up to email updates for the Bobcats and literally jumped out my seat when the email just came through now with the trade headline!

Really looking forward to seeing how this one works out!

Welcome to Charlotte Cap'n Jack! :cheers:

icemanfan
11-16-2009, 01:32 PM
I get the feeling that this is step one in GS plans. I believe another trade is coming right behind this one.

icemanfan
11-16-2009, 01:34 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm signed up to email updates for the Bobcats and literally jumped out my seat when the email just came through now with the trade headline!

Really looking forward to seeing how this one works out!

Welcome to Charlotte Cap'n Jack! :cheers:
Cap'n Jack Nutjob! I am ready for the epic fight between Brown and Jackson. Should be well worth the price of admission.

oh the horror
11-16-2009, 01:36 PM
I get the feeling that this is step one in GS plans. I believe another trade is coming right behind this one.

I believe so as well.

BallPhunk
11-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Like a few things about this:

Don Nelson will eventually look even worse than he already does for breaking up an exciting team over the past few years.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/1220/nba_a_nelson1_sw_576.jpg

When Cleveland is getting beat in the playoffs, everyone is choking but LeBron, and the entire state of Ohio remembers they could have had another scorer...

management can say, "yeah, but we would have lost Big Z!"
http://www.nike.com/nikebasketball/us/en_US/images/family/nba/players/profile/zydrunas_ilgauskas.jpg

(then ISH will get to fight about the real value of a big guy that plays small ball)

HylianNightmare
11-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was supposed to be Bell and Mohammed to NYK for Curry. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

STOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant
hold your horses, curry slimmed down, let him play a few games get his trade value up a bit and then deal him

hawksdogsbraves
11-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Does everyone in here really think that this was a good trade for the Bobcats? It definitely makes them better, but realistically they are still clearly a lottery team only now they will win more games and get (another) ****ty pick in the low teens.

The trade also takes away all of the cap flexibility that Charlotte had been accumulating (especially evident in the Okefor for Chandler trade) for 2011 and possibly 2012. Now the Bobcats will not have enough money to get any sort legit free agent after next year like they were in position to do before the trade.

This is all without mentioning that S Jax is probably not happy to be on the Bobcats now, who are far from the contender that he was looking to join, and the Bobcat's offense is the slowest in the league, a far cry from the Warrior's fast break that Jackson thrived in last year. His stats will drop and I wouldn't be surprised if he threw a fit at some point and caused some trouble.

So, basically this trade locks the Bobcats into lottery mediocrity without sinking far enough to get a stud in the early lottery, takes away all of their cap flexibility, and gives them a shaky 2nd option who is probably really mad at where he is right now.

icemanfan
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Does everyone in here really think that this was a good trade for the Bobcats? It definitely makes them better, but realistically they are still clearly a lottery team only now they will win more games and get (another) ****ty pick in the low teens.

The trade also takes away all of the cap flexibility that Charlotte had been accumulating (especially evident in the Okefor for Chandler trade) for 2011 and possibly 2012. Now the Bobcats will not have enough money to get any sort legit free agent after next year like they were in position to do before the trade.

This is all without mentioning that S Jax is probably not happy to be on the Bobcats now, who are far from the contender that he was looking to join, and the Bobcat's offense is the slowest in the league, a far cry from the Warrior's fast break that Jackson thrived in last year. His stats will drop and I wouldn't be surprised if he threw a fit at some point and caused some trouble.

So, basically this trade locks the Bobcats into lottery mediocrity without sinking far enough to get a stud in the early lottery, takes away all of their cap flexibility, and gives them a shaky 2nd option who is probably really mad at where he is right now.
that kind of logical and intelligent post will get you banned on ISH. Don't you know your suppose to just type in some sort of troll crud and move on............:lol
you have pointed out most of the flaws in this for the Bobcats. I do not know what S.Jax's extntion is going to cost them but I know its three more years past this season and that is going to be ugly.

Dasher
11-16-2009, 02:03 PM
^8-9 million for a quality starter is a good deal by NBA standards.

obonpaxis
11-16-2009, 02:05 PM
So the Cats got AC Law too?

Now we have three point guards who'd rather be shooting.

hawksdogsbraves
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
I just feel like the Bobcats really need to have a terrible season so they can go down in the lottery and come up with some actual talent. They keep making trades and fighting all the way through the season to win 30 games and keep themselves stuck in the mud. A 17 win season may not be fun, but getting John Wall or Derrick Favors would do wonders for a team that I can see getting stuck with a Cole Aldrich at pick 13.

Brujesino
11-16-2009, 02:12 PM
So the Cats got AC Law too?

Now we have three point guards who'd rather be shooting.
acie is a past first pg

Rafael Delaget
11-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Felton and Jackson...is that the chuckingest backcourt in the NBA?

CLTHornets4eva
11-16-2009, 02:13 PM
So does anyone else believe that Charlotte acquired Law to move? I think Memphis for AI would be awesome if it were realistic; But AI and Captain Jax on the same team would be some locker room.

Talent wise its a steal, but a 37 YEAR old Jackson is not what I would like in 3 years. Bell is at risk of another injury but is expiring. Vlad is total trash at 6per but he only has 1 more season after this. We lose flexibility, however we might not have been able to keep Larry if we started rebuilding today.

I don't know if I like it personally. Jackson seems to be a better 3, not two so I need to see him at the two before I can really decide one way or another.

Rafael Delaget
11-16-2009, 02:16 PM
If the Bobcats are willing to take on Jackson's contract, why the hell did they dump Okafor for Chandler?

flipogb
11-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Vlad will have a 20 pt game, maybe even 30, I say within 2 or 3 weeks. he gonna chuck 3s and will make them , then hel have a 5 pt game after it

Poodle
11-16-2009, 02:22 PM
SJ's shot selection should fit right in with Felton, probably the 2 worst in the league. Larry Brown wanted more scoring, i'm just not sure he and the rest of the league knows the cons they are getting with SJ along with that.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-16-2009, 02:22 PM
has jackson made any comments concerning the trade yet? i can't imagine him very happy about this...

Brujesino
11-16-2009, 02:31 PM
good trade for the warriors

gives a a expirer in bell who will fit nicely and will get playing time with Buike possibly out of for the year

Vlad can be used as a PF which i guess will give us a slight size upgrade

overall good trade for everyone

HylianNightmare
11-16-2009, 02:46 PM
So does anyone else believe that Charlotte acquired Law to move? I think Memphis for AI would be awesome if it were realistic; But AI and Captain Jax on the same team would be some locker room.

Talent wise its a steal, but a 37 YEAR old Jackson is not what I would like in 3 years. Bell is at risk of another injury but is expiring. Vlad is total trash at 6per but he only has 1 more season after this. We lose flexibility, however we might not have been able to keep Larry if we started rebuilding today.

I don't know if I like it personally. Jackson seems to be a better 3, not two so I need to see him at the two before I can really decide one way or another.

jackson is 31 btw

CLTHornets4eva
11-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Vlad is a total dump of a contract. Cannot even play backup 4. No rebounding while playing the floor, not a lick of defense, can't drive to the basket, only a wide open shooter. I am happy as a cats fan to dump him. That is the thing I like the most about the trade from our perspective.

@RAFAEL... Okafor was dumped because he's not worth 12 mil a year for 5 more years. Jackson is a better player with a similar contract for a 2 year shorter deal. This is a bad comparison BECAUSE removing an overpaid 4 playing 5 for a serviceable 5 in Chandler for a 2 year deal was a good longterm trade for a slight short term sacrifice. This trade is a long term sacrifice for a short term benefit. I hope that if the Bobcats are sagging in January we can move Jackson to a championship caliber team without acquiring a salary dump. That would in essence just been a deal to remove Vlad for whatever we would receive.

@HYLIAN your right sorry I thought he was 33 but, if he were 34 instead of 37 would you still want him?

browntown
11-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Bell is going to go back to the Suns.

Kujo
11-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Good trade for the Bobcats. They have a legit scorer/go to guy now.

crisoner
11-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Good trade for GS IMO.

Bobcats are taking in a HUGE salary.

CLTHornets4eva
11-16-2009, 02:57 PM
According to ESPN -via his manager- Jackson is "delighted" about the trade and is a big fan of the Bobcats' president, Michael Jordan.

bagelred
11-16-2009, 03:09 PM

So you like the trade or you don't?

RAIN MAKER
11-16-2009, 03:10 PM
i think Wacko Jacko has become a little bit overrated playing for the Warriors. Him playing for Larry Brown sort of reminds me of Baron playing for Mike Dunleavy. And we know that hasn't worked out so well.

I don't think this is going to end well.

bagelred
11-16-2009, 03:15 PM
The Bobcats sure know how to build an organization.

They've locked up Stephen Jackson and DeSaganaganagana Diop until 2013. :applause:

Jackson in 2013 "Why don't you score already DeSagana!!!! I'll bust you inside your head."

Diop in 2013 "I'm big."

Brown in 2013 "You guys aren't playing the right way....."

Jackson "STFU, old man!!! How old are you, 80?"

Diop "I'm big."

Brown "Right way....."

hawksdogsbraves
11-16-2009, 03:21 PM
So you like the trade or you don't?

Don't like it, I don't think this is the way you build a successful franchise in the Association.

bagelred
11-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Don't like it, I don't think this is the way you build a successful franchise in the Association.

I know. I was being sarcastic.

hawksdogsbraves
11-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I know. I was being sarcastic.

Oh my bad. I mean its not the worst trade ever for the Bobcats and it will help them win games this year, but it hurts them in the long run and that is all that the Bobcats should be focused on right now.

RomeoLuvCasanova
11-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Clearly the problem with the Warriors is Don Nelson. Jackson, Randolph and Ellis have already had public problems with him this season less than a month in.

ukballer
11-16-2009, 03:31 PM
To Hawks/Warriors fans: I'd like to know a bit more about Acie Law, as I've really not seen much of him since coming into the league. What sort of player is he? Can he contribute if given the minutes? Could he be good enough to take a starting spot or a backup spot which could potentially open up another trade opportunity for us? (Considering Felton simply may not want to hang around after this season).

Hopper15
11-16-2009, 03:32 PM
This is going to backfire on the Bobcats. Jackson the last 3 years is used to taking any shot he wanted under Nellie.

Watch how Jack reacts when Larry Brown calls him out on his chucking.

Hopper15
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Plus Jack has another 3 years 28 mil left from his extension. Good luck with that contract.

Brujesino
11-16-2009, 03:38 PM
To Hawks/Warriors fans: I'd like to know a bit more about Acie Law, as I've really not seen much of him since coming into the league. What sort of player is he? Can he contribute if given the minutes? Could he be good enough to take a starting spot or a backup spot which could potentially open up another trade opportunity for us? (Considering Felton simply may not want to hang around after this season).

i know a little abo acie

hes a pass first pg and hes a solid defender

nellie had him at pf and twice during wolves warriors game some 7 footer tried to post up acie and could push him back so acie is strong as hell

iam thinking hawk fans would know more about him since hes played very few games for the warriors

Kiddlovesnets
11-16-2009, 03:45 PM
The Warriors are officially done.

rufuspaul
11-16-2009, 03:50 PM
This is going to backfire on the Bobcats. Jackson the last 3 years is used to taking any shot he wanted under Nellie.

Watch how Jack reacts when Larry Brown calls him out on his chucking.

It doesn't seem to have had any affect on Felton this season. At this point LB just wants points.

Mr_Basketball#1
11-16-2009, 03:54 PM
They should look to trade Felton before the trade deadline as well. I don't think he'll resign with the Bobcats because they are not willing to offer him the money he's looking for so they may as well get something for him and with the Law pick up they would have a solid backup to Augustin.

Augustin
Jackson
Wallace
Diaw
Chandler

They now have their go to scorer in the starting lineup and their scorer off the bench with Flip Murray. All they need now is for Tyson Chandler to get his act together and Jackson is a willing passer so hopefully he can help get Chandler the looks he needs.

KB2009Champ
11-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Ok, Ric Bucher just said Jackson is OK with the trade. Guess he really wanted out of GS.

Come on do you really think he's ok with it? What else is he going to say? He's going to a new situation were Jordan is the GM. He cant say s*it if he doesn't want Charlotte fans to boo him on his first game.

Hopper15
11-16-2009, 04:02 PM
The Warriors are officially done.

Funny coming from a fan of an 0-10 team right now.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM

this kid is steady taking L's.

Kiddlovesnets
11-16-2009, 04:11 PM

lol so what? The Hawks were 13-69 in 2005 and now they are #1 in power ranking. Heat was 15-67 and they had almost a perfect start in this season.

Brujesino
11-16-2009, 04:18 PM
lol so what? The Hawks were 13-69 in 2005 and now they are #1 in power ranking. Heat was 15-67 and they had almost a perfect start in this season.
so why the hell would you say the warriors are officially done?:hammerhead:

flipogb
11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
lol so what? The Hawks were 13-69 in 2005 and now they are #1 in power ranking. Heat was 15-67 and they had almost a perfect start in this season.so what you are saying is you should probably excuse yourself from ISH for 2 yrs then come back when your team is decent, or if you sign Lebron then comeback next season

Kiddlovesnets
11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
so what you are saying is you should probably excuse yourself from ISH for 2 yrs then come back when your team is decent, or if you sign Lebron then comeback next season

I am really impressed by those stupid posters with poor comprehension skills now...

UD
11-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I am really impressed by those stupid posters with poor comprehension skills now...

Actually no, you are the one with poor comprehension skills. Your argument to defend the Nets works just as well with the Warriors as it does with the Nets.

Huey Freeman
11-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't be talking shit about other people's teams IF my own team was 0-10.

bagelred
11-16-2009, 05:10 PM
They should look to trade Felton before the trade deadline as well. I don't think he'll resign with the Bobcats because they are not willing to offer him the money he's looking for so they may as well get something for him....

Yes of course. Felton!!!

Felton and Mohammed for Curry...there it is....

Whew......all is right with the world again.....think happy thoughts....la la la la la....

RAIN MAKER
11-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Yes of course. Felton!!!

Felton and Mohammed for Curry...there it is....

Whew......all is right with the world again.....think happy thoughts....la la la la la....

why do you always try to be funny? every one of your "jokes" is painfully awkward and lame.

you're really a dork. why don't you go away.

ihatetimthomas
11-16-2009, 05:14 PM
I actually think the Warriors got a decent deal on this. They got a tough nosed defender who is a team player. They also got a player who should fit well into Nellies game style. And they save a lot of money. Bell expires this year and Vlad the next. Solid deal for them.

I would have preferred to save the expiring contracts if I were the Bobcats. Is Jax really the answer for this team? Of course scoring will improve, but I think holding onto him for the next 4 years is going to get tiresome. I would understand this deal if it makes them a playoff team, but I don't see it yet. Got question marks at the point for the future (Is Felton staying, going?) and no legitimate big men. I like Augustine last year though.

But at some point, the Cats had to try to improve on their scoring woes. Hopefully it works out for them

kraze94
11-16-2009, 05:18 PM
I see no future for Bell in Nelly's system. I wouldnt be surpirsed if he gets waived.

Grey Dawn
11-16-2009, 05:20 PM
A hahaha, Jackson gets his contender wish now...:no:

chazzy
Apparently Cleveland offered Z, Delonte, and a sign and trade with Wally, but wanted GS to buyout Z.. so GS said no.

Luigi
Bad for Charlotte.

After getting out from under Okafor, Stephen Jackson is their new limiting factor.

Age 31 $7,650,000
Age 32 $8,450,000
Age 33 $9,260,000
Age 34 $10,060,000

The guy has already shown he has no focus or maturity. I see a hard four more years for the Bobcats.

twolvesfan
11-16-2009, 05:32 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :rockon: Now maybe charlotte will win just enough games to get the 13th pick in the draft....which will come to us!:rockon:

Grey Dawn
11-16-2009, 05:34 PM
After reading further, why the hell would GState have traded him for Wally friekin Szerbiak and Delonte West? Getting Raja Bell is way better than either of those two.

kNIOKAS
11-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Apparently Cleveland offered Z, Delonte, and a sign and trade with Wally, but wanted GS to buyout Z.. so GS said no.
nooo, delonte said "i aint flyin nowhere", and the deal froze.

bagelred
11-16-2009, 05:37 PM

Isn't that agreement to buyout Z illegal? How can they talk about that openly?

Brujesino
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
I see no future for Bell in Nelly's system. I wouldnt be surpirsed if he gets waived.

with no jackson and no buike(injury)

bell will get playing time

1~Gibson~1
11-16-2009, 05:56 PM
on to the next guy for cleveland i guess................:ohwell:

i wouldnt mind:

Kevin Martin - even though i doubt he'll get traded to CLE because it looks like they're building the team around him

Mike Miller

or Michael Redd - even though it didnt work out in MIL, CLE could give it a try :confusedshrug:

bagelred
11-16-2009, 06:09 PM
on to the next guy for cleveland i guess................:ohwell:

i wouldnt mind:

Kevin Martin - even though i doubt he'll get traded to CLE because it looks like they're building the team around him

Mike Miller

or Michael Redd - even though it didnt work out in MIL, CLE could give it a try :confusedshrug:

Why not Biz Z for Eddy Curry?

Cavs get a young big man to try to keep Lebron.
Knicks give away a young big man to try get Lebron.

I say that's a win, win......:hammerhead:

JohnnyBravo5
11-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Yet another team will try to get Acie Law to live to potential.

G-train
11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Terrible trade for the Bobcats. Too much salary for too little 'real' production. S-Jax is a good role player, who somehow came to believe he was a star player. So he makes about 20 stupid decisions a game, as he has the ball too much for a role player.
Sure he might average 20/5/5 but he would be more valuable if he averaged 10/5/5 sitting in the corner on offence.

GOBB
11-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Agreed with ihatetimthomas and G-Train. Bad move on Charlottes end. I like it more for GSW. I seriously just dont like Stephon Jackson game and he appears to play like he is better than he is...if that makes sense. I dont know whats going on down there in Charlotte.

D-Rose
11-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Maybe Jax can be an actual leader for once...ehh

Anyway I thought an Okafor and Jackson swap would have made sense for both teams since NO wanted to get rid of Okafor...

RAIN MAKER
11-16-2009, 08:20 PM

you failed to be funny, again.

takeittothehoop
11-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Magic commentators were talking about it..they said he doesn't want to be in Charlotte so Cleveland is obviously still a possibillity.

ihatetimthomas
11-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Agreed with ihatetimthomas and G-Train. Bad move on Charlottes end. I like it more for GSW. I seriously just dont like Stephon Jackson game and he appears to play like he is better than he is...if that makes sense. I dont know whats going on down there in Charlotte.

Yea, he seems to have pretty solid stats, but I think they have been inflated based on the teams he has been on. He takes a lot of ill advised shots and loves the long ball. Overall, he is a solid scorer and handle the rock. But it just doesn't make much sense for the Cats. What are they trying to do? All they are doing is staying at a mediocre level and now they have a contract that likely wont be moved for at least a few years. The shorter deals they had with Bell and Vlad give them more flexibility. I never understand the teams who are rebuilding yet try to stay competitive. Go one way full force, don't stay in the middle

1~Gibson~1
11-16-2009, 09:04 PM
S-Jax has been in GS 3 out of the last 4 years. I wonder if he remember how to run a play besides the P&R :lol .

bagelred
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
you failed to be funny, again.

Dude, what's your deal. You don't like it, put me on ignore. Don't be a douche.

1~Gibson~1
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM

because Biz Z is probably "busy" :lol

Big Z for Eddy Curry sounds nice though :confusedshrug:

bagelred
11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
because Biz Z is probably "busy" :lol

Didn't get the Big Z joke, but I'm sure it was funny.....:confusedshrug:

Wait....you WANT Eddy Curry......you feeling ok?

White Chocolate
11-17-2009, 12:25 AM

He wanted Cleveland, Boston, or any of the 3 Texas teams.

Rafael Delaget
11-17-2009, 12:26 AM
I think this quote from a Warriors forum pretty much sums things up:

So this is what it feels like to beat cancer.

InspiredLebowski
11-17-2009, 05:27 AM
Short term (meaning the rest of the season, maybe even less) I can dig it for Charlotte. Long term, not so much. Good move for GS, weren't gonna get anything of value, a serviceable (well, to anyone but Nellie) 2 and a filler both with short term deals is solid.

mamba24
11-17-2009, 05:34 AM
After all thats going on in GS...i have a feeling nellie is the west coast isiah thomas...

S-jax will help the bobcats content for THE PLAYOFFS

lol GS is really screwed up

phxsuns4life
11-17-2009, 06:26 AM
This is good for both teams, Raja Bell is good for the Nellie system, Vlad just jacks up threes like a motherf**** at the 4 spot. Nellie's gonna play him at 5 for sure lol. Bobcats get S-Jax and Acie Law, they got a very good deal here, better off than GS.

Does this open up the gates for AI to try and revive his ailing career here? Its a fair question. Felton/Law are there at 1, AI can step in and take minutes at the 2 or is his time up? It'd be a shame to see him go.

The thing is here, what I want to know is if Anthony Randolph gets more minutes. The dude can ball.

AJ2k8
11-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Magic commentators were talking about it..they said he doesn't want to be in Charlotte so Cleveland is obviously still a possibillity.

I read on nba.com a statement from S-Jax Agent that he was happy to be dealt to the Bobcats because of his respect for Larry Brown and that he's loving the fact that MJ wants him to play for em...

Maybe on face value, but take a look at their contracts:hammerhead:

NotYetGreat
11-17-2009, 07:16 AM
PG position seems damn crowded in Charlotte and the guard situation in GS doesn't seem to get better in here.

El Kabong
11-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Was anyone going to sign with the Bobcats come FA time anyway? They'd have probably ended up overpaying for some scrubber, so you might as well make this move now and hope it gets you into the 7-8th spot.

dr. bob's bunch
11-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Was anyone going to sign with the Bobcats come FA time anyway? They'd have probably ended up overpaying for some scrubber, so you might as well make this move now and hope it gets you into the 7-8th spot.

THIS!

1~Gibson~1
11-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Didn't get the Big Z joke, but I'm sure it was funny.....:confusedshrug:

Wait....you WANT Eddy Curry......you feeling ok?
your typo was "Biz Z" which sounded like the word "busy".......it was kinda lame anyway :lol

jk about Curry. Good luck getting rid of him though.

dallaslonghorn
11-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Don't know if anyone else saw Hollinger's (insider) article on ESPN. Apparently the Warriors could have traded him to the Cavs for instant cap relief (Szczerbiak and West) but instead chose the Bobcats, even though Radman's contract is longer.

So basically they took a worse deal just to mess with Jackson :roll:

1~Gibson~1
11-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Don't know if anyone else saw Hollinger's (insider) article on ESPN. Apparently the Warriors could have traded him to the Cavs for instant cap relief (Szczerbiak and West) but instead chose the Bobcats, even though Radman's contract is longer.

So basically they took a worse deal just to mess with Jackson :roll:
the Warriors wanted a big for S-Jax and Z was involved but we wanted GS to buy him out so he can return to Cleveland.

Obviously they didnt want to do that so they took Rad-Man and they're satisfied with it.

CLTHornets4eva
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM

My NBA broadband wasn't working so I listened to the Magic broadcasters. They may be the worst commentators in professional sports. Worse than the Raiders football crew. Their comments don't hold any water.

chazzy
11-17-2009, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE]With Stephen Jackson traded, Monta Ellis thinks he is the only player left on the Warriors that plays defense.

CLTHornets4eva
11-17-2009, 03:51 PM
:oldlol: How does he not know about Raja's reputation as a good defender?

Raja left his defense in those playoffs vs. LA. He doesn't know about his reputation because he shouldn't have one anymore. :roll:

He's getting too slow to play good D.

Brujesino
11-17-2009, 04:09 PM
My NBA broadband wasn't working so I listened to the Magic broadcasters. They may be the worst commentators in professional sports. Worse than the Raiders football crew. Their comments don't hold any water.

:no:

greg papa and tom flores are great

Rafael Delaget
11-17-2009, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=Monta Ellis]I don

Quizno
11-17-2009, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=Rafael Delaget

CLTHornets4eva
11-17-2009, 09:45 PM
seriously, what a complete joke. raja's a proven elite perimeter defender and a solid shooter with a ton of basketball IQ. monta's good, but honestly, who does he think he is?

WAS a proven elite defender. Now only average. Sure Raja has basketball IQ, but of any team to use an intelligent vet, the Warriors would squander his experience. His expiring contract is his most valuable asset.

And the Raiders crew is so old they can't see all the way to the field.

Rocker09
11-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Damn....what the hell were the warriors thinking...Very lopsided trade....Jackson > bell and radmanovic...

bagelred
11-18-2009, 10:50 AM
your typo was "Biz Z" which sounded like the word "busy".......it was kinda lame anyway :lol

jk about Curry. Good luck getting rid of him though.

Ohhhhhhhhhh.....:lol , my bad

Big Z is getting Biz-Z. :banana:

CLTHornets4eva
11-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Damn....what the hell were the warriors thinking...Very lopsided trade....Jackson > bell and radmanovic...

Now its just Jackson + Law> Vladi Radmanovic

now that Bell has opted for wrist surgery.

Huey Freeman
11-18-2009, 01:29 PM
You've probably never listened to the Sacramento Kings commentators then.