PDA

View Full Version : Did Dwyane Wade even train this offseason?

Poodle Bark
11-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Dude just appears to have repressed this year. Either that or he's not happy with the core around him.

43% from the field

23% 3p%

Seriously?

Dude isnt even a top-5 player year. Hell, Jennings is playing better with comparable talent.

What's going on? Too much partying with his girlfriend, eh?

Papaya Petee
11-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Who knows,
hes not the Wade were all used to seeing.

juju151111
11-21-2009, 12:27 PM
By midseason things will look different. He started off slow last year too.

Poodle Bark
11-21-2009, 12:34 PM
By midseason things will look different. He started off slow last year too.
Not this slow. He's just not the player he's been in the past. Dude's game has changed.

plowking
11-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Someone call me if they find Wade's heart, because he sure hasn't been playing with it this season. It's been extremely frustrating watching as a die hard Heat fan, knowing that if he was up to scratch we could have been in a better position.

Poodle Bark
11-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Someone call me if they find Wade's heart, because he sure hasn't been playing with it this season. It's been extremely frustrating watching as a die hard Heat fan, knowing that if he was up to scratch we could have been in a better position.
I think he's still ticked at Riley. And I dont blame him. The organization will have wasted two years of his prime for cap space in '10.

If the organization doesnt want to get serious to win, why should Wade?

Waking_Life
11-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Wade is conservin' himself so that hes ready to play full on for whatever other team he hookz up with in the summer of 10

plowking
11-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Wade is conservin' himself so that hes ready to play full on for whatever other team he hookz up with in the summer of 10

I honestly don't believe that is to far fetched, because it honestly looks like that on the court; like he doesn't care.
I hope I'm wrong because he is a great player, and just needs to find some form.

Poodle Bark
11-21-2009, 12:55 PM
This. Hence why the dude is jacking four three pointers a game. :eek:

I think Riley overplayed his hand here.

DukeDelonte13
11-21-2009, 01:01 PM
I think he's still ticked at Riley. And I dont blame him. The organization will have wasted two years of his prime for cap space in '10.

If the organization doesnt want to get serious to win, why should Wade?

this is true.

ArizaAttack24
11-21-2009, 01:08 PM
You can only hope so, If you are a Heat fan. Phenomenal NBA Player. You don't want him to take the same path McGrady, Carter and Sheed have taken.

Waking_Life
11-21-2009, 01:10 PM
You can only hope so, If you are a Heat fan. Phenomenal NBA Player. You don't want him to take the same path McGrady, Carter and Sheed have taken.

The question is: Can he realistically find a location with cap space and a better winning position than the Heat? Yo, bout dat.. I aint' so sure.

beasly15
11-21-2009, 01:21 PM
don't kill yourself. wade is badass, just give him some time.

plowking
11-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I mean its not exactly terrible. 7-5 with Wade dropping 28-5-5... Though the thing is, everyone knows he can do better, and that's all we want as Heat fans. And I've been reassured several times that he's a slow starter, so maybe I'm worrying too much, though it didn't appear this way last year is all.

Poodle Bark
11-21-2009, 02:01 PM
I mean its not exactly terrible. 7-5 with Wade dropping 28-5-5... Though the thing is, everyone knows he can do better, and that's all we want as Heat fans. And I've been reassured several times that he's a slow starter, so maybe I'm worrying too much, though it didn't appear this way last year is all.
The way he plays the game has changed. He's far less aggressive. Settles for long jumpers and three pointers.

He's playing more like a prime Vince Carter rather than a prime Wade.

You gotta look at reality. Why should Wade just his ass taking it to the hole 82 games just to get eliminated in the first round due to a lack of manpower? Particularly when you told the front office what you wanted during the summer?

Did you see him after the Hawks series? Dude was gassed. And what did Riley to make the situation better?

Sat on his ass with cap space and trade proposals and did nothing.

Not fair to Wade. If anything, Riley is taking him for granted.

Samurai Swoosh
11-21-2009, 02:03 PM
I mean its not exactly terrible. 7-5 with Wade dropping 28-5-5...

he's a slow starter

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/MitchMatch/hustlin.gif

ProfessorMurder
11-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Poodlebark = PB?

Brunch@Five
11-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Guards/swingman of live off driving to the basket seem to playing below expectations in general it seems. Roy, Wade, Rose, Bron are all not as dominant as last year/was assumed for this year.

plowking
11-21-2009, 02:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/MitchMatch/hustlin.gif

Once again you can look at the stats, though they haven't been impressive performances. This is coming from someone who's watched every game this season.

I even said that in his two 40 point performances, he wasn't that great.

By slow starter, I meant his shooting percentages. He simply hasn't been "Wade efficient", which happens to be one of the most efficient SG's of all time.

Samurai Swoosh
11-21-2009, 02:09 PM
By slow starter, I meant his shooting percentages. He simply hasn't been "Wade efficient", which happens to be one of the most efficient SG's of all time.
Ahhhh ... well give the guy some time to find his jumper. They're not even done with the first quarter of the season yet.

Poodle Bark
11-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Guards/swingman of live off driving to the basket seem to playing below expectations in general it seems. Roy, Wade, Rose, Bron are all not as dominant as last year/was assumed for this year.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

You better check inside LeBron's stats, homeboy.

HylianNightmare
11-21-2009, 02:41 PM
He's still winnng games for them no?

Poodle Bark
11-21-2009, 02:44 PM
He's still winnng games for them no?
They'll be a .500 team by the end of the year.

HylianNightmare
11-21-2009, 02:47 PM
That's about what they were expected to do right?

305Baller
11-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Only difference is Wade is putting up too many 3s. His demeanor is a bit more relaxed, maybe he is trying to pace himself better this year. After the Nets game he seemed happy to be in Miami and called it "his house"

www.blogmiamiheat.com

chazzy
11-21-2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSA_Di2vliU

He's clearly lost a step, look at his WASITLINE, he must have been on a food binge with Derrick Rose this summer. Oh, I also heard he was training with some guy named Tim Grover all summer, he's known to turn athletes into fatties.

:rolleyes: :hammerhead:

Derek Fisher
11-21-2009, 05:15 PM
It just sucks to see Wade and LeBron loving jumpshots this season.

Micku
11-21-2009, 05:21 PM
1. Shots are not going in that normally would.
2. Shot selection isn't all that good.
3. More double teams
4. Bad decisions

Wade is still playing well, but he isn't playing like Wade of previous years. He isn't efficient. I don't know if it'll continue on or not, but if he was more efficient his teams would win more games. We'll see what happens later on in the season. It may be a bad season.

It just sucks to see Wade and LeBron loving jumpshots this season.

Apparently Bron Bron been making his.

Edit:

Wait hold up, who is above Wade in top 5 to people?

And at least his defense isn't down as his O.

chocolatethunder
11-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Dude just appears to have repressed this year.

repress |riˈpres|
verb [ trans. ]
subdue (someone or something) by force : the uprisings were repressed.

Diesel J
11-21-2009, 11:26 PM

Have we been watching the same Bron? Dude has been beasting.

BallersTalk
11-21-2009, 11:32 PM
It's hard to stay focused in south beach. He probably parties every night and spreads his STD 6 times a week (church on Sundays).

twolvesfan
11-21-2009, 11:56 PM
It's hard to stay focused in south beach. He probably parties every night and spreads his STD 6 times a week (church on Sundays).
http://www.page2live.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/wadeandrichard.jpg

i already told everyone about his STD sex parties!!!!!!!!!!!11

plowking
11-22-2009, 12:19 AM
I was a bit worried, though I looked at his production every year throughout the first 10-15 games, and it usually at this point surprisingly, so he should reclaim (if he isn't already) in his top 3 player bracket, while constantly competing for the best player in the league award with Kobe and Bron.

Basketball Dirk
11-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Wade knows the team could use a high draft pick.

That's the Heat for ya.

plowking
11-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Wade knows the team could use a high draft pick.

That's the Heat for ya.

We're 7-5... Playing for picks... yeah...

ronnymac
11-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Why do Player-only-fans feel so insecure that they need to bash anyother player that they think is a rival?. we have a certian yao-only-fan ( itruwarrior, ilovenba, rocketsgreatness, finalcountdown )now back as arizaattack24 bashing dwight or mcgrady for taking yao's glory. now this retarded LBJ only fan is doing the same. fuking kids..

LA_Showtime
11-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Why do Player-only-fans feel so insecure that they need to bash anyother player that they think is a rival?. we have a certian yao-only-fan ( itruwarrior, ilovenba, rocketsgreatness, finalcountdown )now back as arizaattack24 bashing dwight or mcgrady for taking yao's glory. now this retarded LBJ only fan is doing the same. fuking kids..

Based on your post, I shudder to think you are a functioning adult.

ronnymac
11-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Good for you you stupid ****. Probaly another Kobe-only-fan troll....

LA_Showtime
11-22-2009, 01:40 AM
Good for you you stupid ****

I'm not an adult, but you would have trouble passing off as a functioning dog.

ronnymac
11-22-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm not an adult, but you would have trouble passing off as a functioning dog.
I think i hit a Nerve. you're probaly another kobe stan who started watching basketball yesterday but act like a longtime lakers fan.

LA_Showtime
11-22-2009, 01:44 AM
I think i hit a Nerve. you're probaly another kobe stan who started watching basketball yesterday but act like a longtime lakers fan.

You absolutely hit a nerve. This thread obviously concerns Kobe Bryant. :oldlol: Go back to pre-school you prepubescent moron.

plowking
11-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Wade back to 50% percent shooting tonight.

www.blogmiamiheat.com

It's one game, and he's still below how he usually performs.

305Baller
11-23-2009, 01:02 AM
:roll:

Okay buddy.

(Yeah I get it, and it is against a weak Hornets squad, and he missed a crucial 3 late and... yep. I get ya. But Im just reporting the facts and maybe he will get that percentage up, but for the record, he had those percentages tonight and if he strings a few games together he may continue his annual trend.)

www.blogmiamiheat.com

KelticForce1349
11-23-2009, 01:02 AM
The question is: Can he realistically find a location with cap space and a better winning position than the Heat? Yo, bout dat.. I aint' so sure.

Da Bulls.

B-Easy
11-23-2009, 01:09 AM

today he was very explosive, almost had at least 3 monster dunks...he made 2 huge 3s at the end of the 4th to tie it up and take the lead, and throw in 3 blocks. Id say he looked like his usual self today, what are you expecting?

Day La Ghetto
11-23-2009, 01:54 AM
couple guys in here i know are heat fans. you guys just looking at stats or something?? hes played fine. hes had 4 or 5 bad nights , he'll even it out though later. theyre lucky they have 10 wins cause they havent had to tough sched yet. expect another 500 year with the same group..

godofgods
11-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Dude realized he cannot get past Atlanta. Nuff said.

NuggetsFan
11-23-2009, 02:02 AM
He's been pretty good except for some of his shots aren't falling. I think the problem people are noticing is that he hasn't really been included as a top 3 player so far this year and last year he was ranked anywhere from 1-3. We've played like 15% of the season so far I'm sure things will even out.

plowking
11-23-2009, 02:14 AM
:roll:

Okay buddy.

(Yeah I get it, and it is against a weak Hornets squad, and he missed a crucial 3 late and... yep. I get ya. But Im just reporting the facts and maybe he will get that percentage up, but for the record, he had those percentages tonight and if he strings a few games together he may continue his annual trend.)

www.blogmiamiheat.com

No. That's the thing, he's been terrific in the clutch this season, though his performances have been weak, despite the stats. This may have been his first semi decent game all season.

Kiddlovesnets
11-23-2009, 02:15 AM
Well apparently he didnt train, or he should be better than Manu Ginobili now...

plowking
11-23-2009, 02:16 AM
today he was very explosive, almost had at least 3 monster dunks...he made 2 huge 3s at the end of the 4th to tie it up and take the lead, and throw in 3 blocks. Id say he looked like his usual self today, what are you expecting?

This kinda performance, night in, night out.

plowking
11-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Well apparently he didnt train, or he should be better than Manu Ginobili now...

Ginobli isn't playing now. So he's infinity times better than Manu, and arguably the best player in the league. Go suck on a fat pole.

NuggetsFan
11-23-2009, 02:17 AM
No. That's the thing, he's been terrific in the clutch this season, though his performances have been weak, despite the stats. This may have been his first semi decent game all season.

He's not playing that bad IMO. Just not the like the Wade of last year. I can see where your coming from as a Heat fan tho .. if anyone would have said arguably Melo would outplay Wade for the first 12 games this year probably would have got laughed at.

Lebron23
11-23-2009, 02:20 AM

Wade >>>>>>Ginobili.

plowking
11-23-2009, 02:25 AM
He's not playing that bad IMO. Just not the like the Wade of last year. I can see where your coming from as a Heat fan tho .. if anyone would have said arguably Melo would outplay Wade for the first 12 games this year probably would have got laughed at.

Yeah, last years Wade was the most impactful player I've seen since 2006 Kobe and 2000 Shaq. The man did everything. Now it seems as though he is coasting, maybe for a reason unknown, or simply because he's unmotivated for a specific reason. It would just be good to see him driving more and getting more room on his jumper. Tonight he kind of did that, so I'm hoping he can keep it up.

NuggetsFan
11-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Yeah, last years Wade was the most impactful player I've seen since 2006 Kobe and 2000 Shaq. The man did everything. Now it seems as though he is coasting, maybe for a reason unknown, or simply because he's unmotivated for a specific reason. It would just be good to see him driving more and getting more room on his jumper. Tonight he kind of did that, so I'm hoping he can keep it up.

Lots of statistics show he usually starts out slow too. Doubt he's going to regress when he's in his prime tho.

plowking
11-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Hope so, he has another 3 or so years of being that 30/5/5 + guy, so we need to use it, unlike Bron, Bosh and Melo who have that bit extra due to being younger.

bdreason
11-23-2009, 02:45 AM
Wade is fine. Probably trying to pace himself so he has some gas left in the tank for the playoffs. What the Heat really need is Beasley to step up and become a legit #2 option.

The Heat will be in the same place they were last year I think. Sittin in that 4-5 seed and hoping Wade can pull off a miracle to get them past superior teams.

plowking
11-23-2009, 02:53 AM
Wade is fine. Probably trying to pace himself so he has some gas left in the tank for the playoffs. What the Heat really need is Beasley to step up and become a legit #2 option.

The Heat will be in the same place they were last year I think. Sittin in that 4-5 seed and hoping Wade can pull off a miracle to get them past superior teams.

Beasley has been doing that, then getting benched for no reason... Spo is putting in Haslem late instead, which has allowed teams to claw their way back and cause us to have to pull off miracle victories like today.

305Baller
11-23-2009, 03:46 AM
He got scared right off of the HGH.
Everyone was talking about the jawbones and sh!t.

Plus, he's not getting all the same calls he was used to getting on his ascent.

He's still a great player, and will do fine once he cycles back on the HGH slowly and subtly

Are you saying Wade followed the path of Satsui no Hadō?

:banghead:

plowking
11-23-2009, 07:45 AM

He's still a great player, and will do fine once he cycles back on the HGH slowly and subtly

Due to his jawline structure I guess he has been using HGH since his rookie year. :oldlol:

Poodle Bark
11-23-2009, 09:39 AM

I think I may agree with this post...

Dresta
11-23-2009, 09:56 AM
http://pisforprops.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/nba_g_kingjames_576.jpg

^^^ that's hgh in action.

Nash-tastic
11-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Still 2/2 in game winners though

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/StroShow4/nba%20stuff/13094d6e2011a1a79a15283353474eb5-ge.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/StroShow4/nba%20stuff/6893479cbd4a27f1372621fe7a137571-ge.jpg

DECK
11-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Dude just appears to have repressed this year. Either that or he's not happy with the core around him.

43% from the field

23% 3p%

Seriously?

Dude isnt even a top-5 player year. Hell, Jennings is playing better with comparable talent.

What's going on? Too much partying with his girlfriend, eh?

Doesnt matter as long as he keeps doing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uRN7iJ5CqQ

Lord Leoshes
11-23-2009, 06:03 PM
There are too many exaggerated drama queens on the net these days. The guy is playing up to par, just stop b!t<hing & enjoy the show.

KubiliusF
11-23-2009, 06:31 PM
guys have you ever saw a ripped guy with no prominent jaw? Hell try to drop your bodyfat to single digits and you`ll look like you were chewing gum 24/7

Bigsmoke
11-23-2009, 07:24 PM
the season just started

Shawn Marion field goal% came from 42% to 49% in 2 weeks

lbj23clutch
11-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah Bron has definately lost a step, I mean he's only averaging 29+ PPG, 7 RPG, 8.1 APG, while shooting 52% from the field and 37% from 3. :confusedshrug:

Anyway, I think Wade still has the ability to play even better then last season, but his only problem is his mentality. He's taking too many long jumpers and 3's and doesn't seem to put as much effort as he did last year. Who knows maybe it has to do with 2010? Riley has done ****, too support Wade with a solid core too keep Wade happy in Miami.

Micku
11-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Where on earth is Dwyane Wade 08-09 play?

http://memles.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/carmen-copy.jpg

Wait what, D-Wade had like 31 pts, and 3 blocks in over 50% shooting yesterday? Have we found him?

Micku
11-26-2009, 01:29 AM
6-22 today. 27%. Got 24 pts. He didn't show up (on the O) until the late 3rd and 4th.

As I said before, his D is still good. He is blocking, stealing, good man to man, and great on the help.

His O isn't good. What happen to his offensive man?

206kid
11-26-2009, 01:34 AM
SMH..

Ish posters now days. When Wade scorers 50 a game and end up with a losing record people say it doesn't matter because there not winning. Now that there winning but Wade is only scoring 24 or 25 a game now your questioning weather he trained or not in the offseason? LOL.. I mean he still is 4th in the NBA in scoring, and he always starts off the season "slow"...

305Baller
11-26-2009, 01:35 AM
After every game we should log his performance here. Id say tonight he was clutch but he was not up to his usual efficiency. Plus his chucks almost cost the game.

:hammerhead:

PleezeBelieve
11-26-2009, 01:41 AM
SMH..

Ish posters now days. When Wade scorers 50 a game and end up with a losing record people say it doesn't matter because there not winning. Now that there winning but Wade is only scoring 24 or 25 a game now your questioning weather he trained or not in the offseason? LOL.. I mean he still is 4th in the NBA in scoring, and he always starts off the season "slow"...
Dude, its approaching the 20-game mark of the season. Stop acting like a lil b*tch.

Duncan21formvp
11-26-2009, 02:36 AM
He seems off this year.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-26-2009, 02:43 AM
yea he does seem a little off. hes too smart of a scorer to be shooting in the low 40s.

Micku
11-26-2009, 03:39 AM
SMH..

It's a surprise even that they are winning. But they would probably win more or more clearly if Wade would make his shots as he did last year. Right now the Heat team are playing pretty solid. They sometimes play like crap, but they I really like the defense that they bring. O'Neal is surprising me this year with his O game and he is playing pretty decent D too. Beasley is not really shooting the ball well, but he is playing D and hustling for those rebounds.

The team is, surprising, better. Last year it was either Wade playing great or they lose.

Micku
11-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Washington Wizards vs Heat (11-27-09)

Wade: 6-19 31% of shooting. 24-4-6. 4 turnovers. 2 steals, 1 block.

Dissapointing year for the efficient D-Wade.

itsGameTime
11-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Washington Wizards vs Heat (11-27-09)

Wade: 6-19 31% of shooting. 24-4-6. 4 turnovers. 2 steals, 1 block.

Dissapointing year for the efficient D-Wade.

You think Charles Barkley still has Wade in his Fave 5 :confusedshrug:

Micku
11-27-2009, 11:19 PM
You think Charles Barkley still has Wade in his Fave 5 :confusedshrug:

Who are the top 5 players right now? I think Melo got into Barkley's fave 5 :oldlol:

Wade doesn't seem like he lost a step or anything. He just seem off. His shoots are not falling and the dude is taking waaaaaaay too many threes IMO. He had six threes today. One was because he had to get it up on time, so that is a pass. Still, the guy should stick to 2 or 3 (rarely) three point shots a game. Everything about him just seems off. I have a feeling that he may get his rhythm later on, but damn it's a disappointment so far.

With that said, I like Wade's new post up game. It's a good start and he should develop it better. I like it better than LeBron because I don't like the awkwardness that I see with him. It doesn't look smooth, but he is getting better I see!