PDA

View Full Version : Next Great PG???

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Who might that be? Before Nash blew up, the last great PG was probably Zeke in D-Town. Chris Paul wuz da bomb last year, but he didn't look too tight during the World Championships. The kid still needs a jump shot. Jordan Farmar of the Lakers is a big time sleeper type in my opinion. The dude got down during the preseason, has a high bball IQ, and is only 19 or 20. Definately not a knuckleheadache.

Younggrease
10-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Who might that be? Before Nash blew up, the last great PG was probably Zeke in D-Town. Chris Paul wuz da bomb last year, but he didn't look too tight during the World Championships. The kid still needs a jump shot. Jordan Farmar of the Lakers is a big time sleeper type in my opinion. The dude got down during the preseason, has a high bball IQ, and is only 19 or 20. Definately not a knuckleheadache.

there are a bunch of point guards in hs that have potential.

Derrick Rose, and OJ Mayo come to mind.

James_Jones
10-29-2006, 12:36 AM
Before Nash blew up, the last great PG was probably Zeke in D-Town.

no way, there are plenty of good PGs in the 90s, everyone from Jason Kidd to Rod Strickland or Tim Hardaway to Gary Payton

Targus
10-29-2006, 12:37 AM
mike bibby will be the next great pg, he has plenty of years left.

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Obviously these cats have a lot to do before they reach Zeke or Nash status. BTW, I hope OJ signs with USC in a few weeks.

ItsMeDirk
10-29-2006, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=Targus

ItsMeDirk
10-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Obviously these cats have
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Younggrease
10-29-2006, 12:39 AM
if he signs with USC i wont be able to see him play because ESPN doesnt have the rights to those games.

RidonKs
10-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Ahaha. "Waz da bomb" :roll: That's awesome.

Anyways, like the guy above me said, there are a few of them who could turn out to be at least solid, if not future allstars.

Shaun Livingston
Devin Harris
Marcus Williams
Deron Williams
Jarett Jack

I like all of those guys. They just seem like great prospects. Then there are also a few of the guys you mentioned, and some other obvious ones, with Farmar, Paul, and then Felton, Telfair, and Duhon.

Targus
10-29-2006, 12:43 AM
yeah i forgot about deron williams. he will be good.

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 12:43 AM
no way, there are plenty of good PGs in the 90s, everyone from Jason Kidd to Rod Strickland or Tim Hardaway to Gary Payton

Stay of the crack pipe. Rod Strickland was a straight up alkie. BTW, none of those cats ever won any MVP awards. Strick, Hard, and Payton were never close. Strick was the original Starbury= NYC bred PG coach killer with a me-first attitude. GP got wins due to the Rainman. Kidd was tight, but never had a jumper. Those dudes were "good", but none of them were great like Nash who had the winning PG mentality like Zeke and Magic.

RidonKs
10-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Nash's shot > Kidd's shot
Kidd's defense >>>>>> Nash's defense

I take Kidd in his prime over Nash in his prime anyday.

Younggrease
10-29-2006, 12:46 AM
JKidd was a much better pg than Nash... Zeke and MAgic should not be put in the same sentence as NAsh. Thomas was sooo much better than Nash its not even worth getting into specifics.

Winning mentality???JKidd = 2finals appearances

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Yo, RidonK, make sure the Nets have all their computers bolted cuz MWilliams is in town lookin' to sell some computers to homies in South Central.

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Winning mentality???JKidd = 2finals appearances[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with that. JKidd is a true PG in every aspect. 2 bad the brutha couldn't find a jump shot.

Hoonyo
10-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Paul for sure. Livingston too.

RidonKs
10-29-2006, 12:57 AM
Yo, RidonK, make sure the Nets have all their computers bolted cuz MWilliams is in town lookin' to sell some computers to homies in South Central.

:confusedshrug: Not following.

yobore
10-29-2006, 12:59 AM
ANYONE but paul. I dont think anyone in history has goten worse than him after he singlehandedly made the USA the worst basketball team ever. plus i like my team's PG better.

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 01:00 AM
MWilliams was suspended a few games last year for stealing laptops at UConn. Dumbazz was videotaped selling 'em at some pawnshop. Pretty stupid especially since UConn payz playaz.

RidonKs
10-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Haha, never heard of that. What a *****.

yobore
10-29-2006, 01:05 AM
UConn payz playaz.
LOL. I heard that too now let's tell everyone else.

LakersDynasty
10-29-2006, 01:07 AM
Paul, Felton, Farmar.

yobore
10-29-2006, 01:07 AM
Haha, never heard of that. What a *****.
Yup he had to sit for a semester. His back-up PG was expelled I think for being involved.

Maestro33
10-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Kirk Hinrich kids. Kirk Hinrich.

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Yup he had to sit for a semester. His back-up PG was expelled I think for being involved.

Ya gotta luv big time college bball. U throw out the back-up, but keep the starter with NBA potential. Big $$$ is a big reason why high school LA pg Brandon Jennings (#1 PG recruit) is probably gonna sign with UConn next year. He walks around LA with a MWilliams jersey on.

yobore
10-29-2006, 01:12 AM
yup pretty much

wang4three
10-29-2006, 01:13 AM

that's retarded.

DieHardBullsFan
10-29-2006, 01:14 AM
you guy forgot about one:

Jameer Nelson!

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 01:15 AM

KH has mad skillz. Combo of Stockton and Hornacek of Utah. Bad azz white boy. Chicago would be stupid not to lock him up.

jrt1584
10-29-2006, 01:23 AM
Randy Foye... Him and McCants will form one of the better backcourts in the league once James' time is done and Ricky Davis gets traded. And that's hoping that McCants returns to his old self after the surgery. If not, forget everything I just said. If McCants doesnt get back to his normal self, it doesn't matter. Foye is still the next great PG in the league... Nobody better give me crap for this either, i saw chris duhon's name brought up. And Farmar...

Twiens
10-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Before Nash blew up, the last great PG was probably Zeke in D-Town.

Umm....John Stockton.

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 01:42 AM
Umm....John Stockton.

Stockton had Malone. End of story. If Stock lost Mailman like Nash lost Amare, Utah would have been toast. Peace.

kumquat
10-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Jordan Farmar. :roll:You guys are pretty funny. I'll be surprised if he beats Smush out for the starting spot.

jrt1584
10-29-2006, 01:50 AM
Stockton had Malone. End of story. If Stock lost Mailman like Nash lost Amare, Utah would have been toast. Peace.

:no:
Utah never had a 3rd guy like Shawn Marion...

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 01:51 AM
U seen JFarmar ball this preseason? Hes doing damn well. Smush should be sh!ttin in his pants.

NashIzGod
10-29-2006, 01:55 AM
:no:
Utah never had a 3rd guy like Shawn Marion...

Uh....Hornacek was pretty dang good in the 90s. Easily a top 10 or top 5 OG of that decade. My point is that I seriously doubt that Stockton would have led Utah to a top-3 Western position without the Mailman. Nash makes Marion, not the other way around.

Twiens
10-29-2006, 02:49 AM
Nash is great, but Marion was 20-10 before Steve was even there.

Human Error
10-29-2006, 07:57 AM
There're a lot of young point guards with potential in the league.

Kirk Hinrich
Luke Ridnour
Shaun Livingston
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Sebastian Telfair
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton
Marcus Williams
Randy Foye
Travis Diener

And I am shocked that majority of posters here seem to have Jordan Farmar as the next Isiah Thomas already when he isn't the best point guard on the freakin' Lakers yet. Absolutely ridiculous.

kumquat
10-29-2006, 08:12 AM
Well consider bynum is the next shaq, von wafer was the next mitch richmond, Odom is the next pippen.....

Human Error
10-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Well consider bynum is the next shaq, von wafer was the next mitch richmond, Odom is the next pippen.....
So sad but exactly what's happening here right now.

LakerzFan4Life
10-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Jordan Farmar sure has potential.

Real Men Wear Green
10-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Jordan Farmar sure has potential.
Jordan Farmar could be decent. "Great?" Enough already. this topic is about "great" pgs, and we've seen maybe as many as 30 players mentioned. How about we just list the two or three young points that we could see in the ASG in 5 years?

My picks: Kirk Hinrich, Chris Paul, and Marcus Williams. The first two have already shown that they're on the path to greatness, while Williams has excellent offensiv skills as a passer and shooter and gets to learn from Jason Kidd, probably the best pg of the last 10 years.

Skywalker
10-29-2006, 09:15 AM
My picks are Raymond Felton, Chris Paul, and Deron Williams.

RainierBeachPoet
10-29-2006, 09:26 AM

and perhaps the G(PGs)OATs-- john stockton and magic

in the context of this thread, i interpret "great" as HOF material; magic is isiah's comtemporary so he is on this list.l

kidd, payton, stockton will be in the hof without a doubt. these are the best HOF-level pgs since zeke; to argue differently is to show a lack of knowledge of the nba

t hardaway is on the edge; he has a chance of making it;

stickland had a decent career but is no hof-er

RidonKs
10-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Jordan Farmar could be decent. "Great?" Enough already. this topic is about "great" pgs, and we've seen maybe as many as 30 players mentioned. How about we just list the two or three young points that we could see in the ASG in 5 years?

My picks: Kirk Hinrich, Chris Paul, and Marcus Williams. The first two have already shown that they're on the path to greatness, while Williams has excellent offensiv skills as a passer and shooter and gets to learn from Jason Kidd, probably the best pg of the last 10 years.

When did Marcus go in the draft? I think I remember really hoping that he'd fall to the Lakers, and I thought it'd happen because I baguely remember that the teams before the Lakers were already pretty PG heavy. then the Nets took him though. Or am I thinking of someone else.

Real Men Wear Green
10-29-2006, 10:25 AM
He went to the Nets with the 21st pick.

browntown
10-29-2006, 10:30 AM
This list has to have Chris Paul and Kirk Hinrich. Then it's a toss up between three players Jameer Nelson, Reymond Felton and T.J Ford.

Knine
10-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Chris Paul avg 7.8 Ast on a team that didnt have any scorers. That guy just penetrates and dishes to teh open man. He doesnt play like a thug either. Put him on a uptempo Suns team and he could average as much asts as Nash.

Real Men Wear Green
10-29-2006, 11:04 AM
How does a "thug" play?

Knine
10-29-2006, 11:12 AM
That was just a random comment I had cuz I am annoyed by Marbury and his thug language and him losing all the time. Chris Paul is a class act. If you still dont get it just ignore the comment

Real Men Wear Green
10-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Well, I just found the wording strange. And it's also kind of weird how players get labeled sometimes. In this case, "Class Act" Chris Paul has actually punched an opposing player in the genitals (I believe the guy he hit was Julius Hodge, in an NCAA game a few years ago). Meanwhile "thug" Marbury donates millions to the victims of Hurricane Katrina, makes his shoes cheap so that poor parents can more easily afford to get them for their kids, and lots of other charitable acts. "Thug language?" Marbury says some things I find silly at times (like calling himself the best pg in the league while the Knicks are one of the worst teams in the NBA) but I don't see how he's a thug.

Knine
10-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Well Chris Paul doesnt present himself in a way that makes you think he was from the streets. Hes family oriented. There's that whole story about his relationship with his grandfather. People were taunting him about that and they were really getting personal with him so he threw that punch. Marbury is a homie . THere are good homies and bad homies.

Real Men Wear Green
10-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Please prove that Julius Hodge made fun of Chris Paul's dead grandfather. I want to see this. And that "homie" business? What are you talking about?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
10-29-2006, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=Targus

wang4three
10-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Well Chris Paul doesnt present himself in a way that makes you think he was from the streets. Hes family oriented. There's that whole story about his relationship with his grandfather. People were taunting him about that and they were really getting personal with him so he threw that punch. Marbury is a homie . THere are good homies and bad homies.

Marbury is a good person at heart. You really can tell that he is, but you can also tell he's full of himself. I think he tries to make up for his cockiness on the court and interviews by giving a lot back to the community. I mean he really has done a lot of huminatarian things and even his own Starbury line can be characterized as amiable.

Chris Paul, well, I don't want to be a ****, but he has stories that nearly all NBA players have. Half of the stories you see about them on beyond the glory or any ESPN feature are about adversity players had to overcome in the NBA. I mean, and all of them have, which why they're successful in the NBA.

Also, I don't think you can justify that punch. Every player is taunted, and in the NCAA, if you think the taunts for Chris Paul were that bad, just look at the taunts players have for JJ Redick. And JJ only blew his stack once in my recollection. I don't like JJ, but some of the **** he hears, if he was Chris Paul he'd be banned from the league.

TheBynumProject
10-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Jameer Nelson is ten times better than TJ Ford, and as good as Kirk.

Real Men Wear Green
10-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Marbury is a good person at heart. You really can tell that he is, but you can also tell he's full of himself. I think he tries to make up for his cockiness on the court and interviews by giving a lot back to the community. I mean he really has done a lot of huminatarian things and even his own Starbury line can be characterized as amiable.

Chris Paul, well, I don't want to be a ****, but he has stories that nearly all NBA players have. Half of the stories you see about them on beyond the glory or any ESPN feature are about adversity players had to overcome in the NBA. I mean, and all of them have, which why they're successful in the NBA.

Also, I don't think you can justify that punch. Every player is taunted, and in the NCAA, if you think the taunts for Chris Paul were that bad, just look at the taunts players have for JJ Redick. And JJ only blew his stack once in my recollection. I don't like JJ, but some of the **** he hears, if he was Chris Paul he'd be banned from the league.
And I still haven't heard/seen evidence of Hodge making fun of CP's grandfather.

wang4three
10-29-2006, 12:19 PM
And I still haven't heard/seen evidence of Hodge making fun of CP's grandfather.

Well it wasn't Hodge who said it, it was a couple of fans chanting "I killed your grandfather" supposedly. Well, I don't know if Hodge in particular said it, but he could've. However, Hodge did seem like a nice guy in interviews, but you never really know..As far as the chant goes, yeah that's very tasteless and rude..but JJ would hear more than that. I think entire sections would chant "I ****ed your sister" when he played Maryland or find his phone number and call him and leave threatening messages.

Real Men Wear Green
10-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I know about how the ACC fans went after Redick, I'm just wondering about where the idea that chants drove Paul to hit Hodge came from. If Hodge said something like that wouldn't it have been mentioned back when the incident occurred? I've never heard of any reason for why Paul did that.

Da KO King
10-29-2006, 12:31 PM
There is none cause the guy just made it up. He hopped on the "Hate Steph but love Chris" bandwagon and tried to come up with a reason to support it. At least a reason other than the truth, which is that he's sees the media and everyone else on that ride and wants to tag along.

Marbury is the most unfairly judged player in the league. Every thing he says they remove the context and turn it into something else.

yobore
10-29-2006, 12:34 PM
It was a small section of the fans that was chanting "we killed your grandfather," but there were a lot of other things going on. Hodge gave him a ****** twister a little earlier and Paul eventually just went off. Doesn't justify punching someone in the nuts at all though but aside from that incident he seems like a great guy. I'm from his town and everyone I know who knows him likes him a lot.

On a side note this knine guy is an idiot calling Marbury a thug for no reason. Way to make assumptions. I hate how people just turn on players.

yobore
10-29-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm just wondering about where the idea that chants drove Paul to hit Hodge came from.

Because it actually happened? I agree though it doesn't justify it, but one incident doesn't define a person's character. Even PJ Brown and Ray Allen have gotten in fights.

Skywalker
10-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Jameer Nelson is ten times better than TJ Ford, and as good as Kirk.

Please stop. I agree hes slightly better than TJ but he doesnt touch Captain Kirk.

Crazy Style
10-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Kirk Hinrich will lead the Bulls to greatness in the east for the next couple years. Perhaps he will be like the Steve Nash of the east. He is said to become that good really soon.

wang4three
10-29-2006, 12:53 PM
I doubt he gets to the level of Steve Nash. He will be a good starter though with plenty of accolades and achievements.

yobore
10-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Kirk Hinrich will lead the Bulls to greatness in the east for the next couple years. Perhaps he will be like the Steve Nash of the east. He is said to become that good really soon.
He's not a playmaker like Nash or Kidd he's a passer, like Billups.

And he's a much much much better defender than Nash.

WuTangWizard
10-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Gilbert Arenas.

RidonKs
10-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Gilbert Arenas.

Pretty much starting his prime right now. Looking for younger guys.

WuTangWizard
10-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Well he's younger than Hinrich and ALOT younger than Bibby.

Crazy Style
10-29-2006, 01:09 PM
He's not a playmaker like Nash or Kidd he's a passer, like Billups.

And he's a much much much better defender than Nash.

So are you saying that in a good way or bad?

wang4three
10-29-2006, 01:12 PM
As for Knine,

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15509

yobore
10-29-2006, 01:12 PM
So are you saying that in a good way or bad?
In a neutral way. Different teams, different needs.

Crazy Style
10-29-2006, 01:21 PM

Arenas is almost exactly a year younger than Hinrich. Hinrich (1/2/81), Arenas (1/6/82) Arenas has two more years of NBA experience since he game in after his sophmore year, while Hinrich came in after his senior year.

Real Men Wear Green
10-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Arenas probably already qualifies as great. Plus, there's some question as to whether or not he's truly a point guard. He's like AI, Wade, and a few others in that regard.

Real Men Wear Green
10-29-2006, 01:24 PM
As for Knine,

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15509
That's just mean.

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
10-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Get Buckets iz correct.

Guy seems to know an adequate amount of CBB, much like Danny Ainge :applause:

Chris Paul's persona is overrated in the "class" department.

Marbury sells 15$ shoes, donates charity, is highly involved in the Coney Island community.

It's insane how our fellow Celtic Fans (GB and Ced) are the ones actually backing up Marbury sometimes.

Boston fans sticking up for NY!! The mess of the knicks and the blaming on Marb has come to thiss!!!

BTW, AJ Price was suspended from the team for a year, as oppose to Marcus's semester primarily because Price was caught
a) actually handling the computers
b) trying to lie to the police

Marcus confessed on the spot.

I've seen the "keep the star on the team" blame game SOO often and it's not necessarily the case. Ignorance is bliss, ain't it?

But yeah, even I a 15 year Uconn fan have to admit Calhoun is somewhat corrupt. But the punishments handed out were much fairer than most people make it out to be.

totoro
10-29-2006, 02:13 PM
The next great PG will be Derrick Rose. You heard it here first -

http://www.hoopsdojo.com/search.php?search=rose

Real Men Wear Green
10-29-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't stick up for NY. Ever. And I don't particularly like the way Marbury plays point. I just don't think he's a bad person.

hateraid
10-29-2006, 03:04 PM
I still have blind faith in Telfair. I think this kid has the highest ceiling out of any point gaurd. Speed, handles, court vision, he just needs the development. Lot's of people are calling out OJ Mayo, but I don't think he'll develop into a PG in the NBA. He'll be a great player, but not at that position. Some of y'all got to stop belieiving in SLAM and watch this kid play.Saying there's no good point gaurds since Zeke is like saying there was no good comedies since Three's Company. Stockton, Hardaway, Kidd, Payton, Nash. That's greatness.

TheHonestTruth
10-29-2006, 03:06 PM

JOHN STOCKTON.

Younggrease
10-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Get Buckets iz correct.

Guy seems to know an adequate amount of CBB, much like Danny Ainge :applause:

Chris Paul's persona is overrated in the "class" department.

Marbury sells 15$ shoes, donates charity, is highly involved in the Coney Island community.

It's insane how our fellow Celtic Fans (GB and Ced) are the ones actually backing up Marbury sometimes.

Boston fans sticking up for NY!! The mess of the knicks and the blaming on Marb has come to thiss!!!

BTW, AJ Price was suspended from the team for a year, as oppose to Marcus's semester primarily because Price was caught
a) actually handling the computers
b) trying to lie to the police

Marcus confessed on the spot.

I've seen the "keep the star on the team" blame game SOO often and it's not necessarily the case. Ignorance is bliss, ain't it?

But yeah, even I a 15 year Uconn fan have to admit Calhoun is somewhat corrupt. But the punishments handed out were much fairer than most people make it out to be.

Ignorance???? Well many think that AJ Price would have starter whether it be over MArcus Williams or not. SO they were both stars, if that is the term you wanna use. Coach said AJ Price might be the best player on the team.

wang4three
10-29-2006, 03:26 PM
I have no respect for AJ Price. I did when he was overcoming his brain tumor and his fight to get back on the court but then only to find that his brain tumor was just a medical cover for him being ridiculously retarded. He wasn't sick, he's flat out retarded. He doesn't deserve anything, and I have no sympathy for the guy, even if he becomes permanently mentally disabled. My opinion can change if he starts getting his act together and putting things together cause he has so much talent, but I was disgusted after finding out about the scandal.

Marcus Williams, I'm on the reserve about. Unlike other Nets fans, I wanted Lowry (and still do) cause he's a good kid who's willing to play hard. Marcus plays with the chip to prove that he was a lotto pick, but after he proves it, then what? But, unlike AJ, and like WPS said, he did fess up immediately and manned up to his crimes, which deserves some respect. I hope he turns over completely and I don't have to worry about his character, but I'm unsure if that'll ever happen.

wang4three
10-29-2006, 03:28 PM

I think all of us have been notified about Rose for awhile. Atleast Illini fans here have since he was a junior, if not earliar.

whaley82
10-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Marcus plays with the chip to prove that he was a lotto pick, but after he proves it, then what?

I never thought of that, He better not just proove that he should have been a lotto pick and then just start trying as hard. But I can't really seem him doing that especially since he should be happier now that hes on a team with a Greast PG to teach him and help him learn the game such as Jason Kidd.

10hardaway10
10-29-2006, 06:21 PM
there are a bunch of point guards in hs that have potential.

Derrick Rose, and OJ Mayo come to mind.

eddie rios ... remember that name

Freedom Kid7
08-06-2012, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=Targus

OmniStrife
08-07-2012, 12:12 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ocahX7qW1rnruje.jpg

KyrieTheFuture
08-07-2012, 12:20 AM
The answer is Kyrie Irving.

knickballer
08-07-2012, 12:21 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
At some of the discussion in this thread. Even idiots like Euroleague would put them to shame :oldlol: :oldlol:

brandonislegend
08-07-2012, 12:25 AM
john wall

wally_world
08-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Jordan Farmar duh

Patrick Chewing
08-07-2012, 12:42 AM

LOL

Burgz V2
08-07-2012, 01:08 AM

this guy wins.

Burgz V2
08-07-2012, 01:08 AM
LOL

dont be a knuckleheadache :coleman:

SilkkTheShocker
08-07-2012, 01:14 AM
john wall
Irving >>>> wall

TMacMagic
John Wall.

Kyrie needs to watch some tape before I consider him the best new pg.

:kobe:

SourPatchKids
Brandon Knight.

FKAri
08-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Jordan Farmar :oldlol:

How times have changed.

BoutPractice
08-07-2012, 04:06 AM
Kirk did average 16 and 6 on a good team with tough defense for a few years, so it's normal he would've been mentioned at the time, he was no scrub.

TheBigVeto
08-07-2012, 04:41 AM
Rondo, CP3 and Deron are all the current crop of great PGs.
None of them will reach Nash's greatness though.

EDIT: Forgot about Irving, he will be the next one after the abovementioned trio.

Fiasco
08-07-2012, 04:58 AM
ANYONE but paul. I dont think anyone in history has goten worse than him after he singlehandedly made the USA the worst basketball team ever. plus i like my team's PG better.

:roll:

SyRyanYang
08-07-2012, 05:03 AM
this guy wins.
:facepalm How's not winning anything great?

Yung D-Will
08-07-2012, 06:55 AM
A lot of points have the potential, but with injury troubles I wonder if any of them will be able to make it into that Nash/Kidd/Payton level at the end of their career.

dbugz
08-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Mayo, Bibby and Farmar

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dbugz
08-07-2012, 07:07 AM

:roll: :roll:

alenleomessi
08-07-2012, 07:42 AM
damn the PG position is ridiculous now compared to 2006 where rookie CP3 was basically the 2nd best PG after Nash

RoundMoundOfReb
08-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Farmar should go to the Euroleague where he can win 8 straight mvps and championships and have 6-7 statues erected.