PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson says he's retiring

Pages : [1] 2

ShawnieMac06
11-25-2009, 05:36 PM
as per Steven A. Smith, appearing as I speak, on Fox Sports Radio's Chris Myers-Steve Hartman show. Expect an official announcement later today.

Showtime
11-25-2009, 05:37 PM
I guess he wants to keep his PPG stat up.

Rake2204
11-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Well I guess that officially makes me old, as I so clearly recall the moment he stepped into this league as a young high-riser and now he's all aged and whatnot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV6Y0OcMJ7o

ashar008
11-25-2009, 05:44 PM
lets not hate but remember the man that was once called the answer.

http://newzar.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/allen-iverson-tattoos.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhRsmGo4hXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI-AZQcZ0dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJwm6DWVuUA

BlackMamba24
11-25-2009, 05:47 PM
lets not hate but remember the man that was always the canswer.

fixed that for ya

NuggetsFan
11-25-2009, 05:47 PM
lets not hate but remember the man that was once called the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhRsmGo4hXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI-AZQcZ0dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJwm6DWVuUA

:applause: Sad his career had to end this way. I wish he could have taken a lesser role and tried to take one more stab at the playoffs but it was clear he wanted to win on his own terms witch turned out to be a bad choice .

Darkthug
11-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I guess he wants to keep his PPG stat up.

This is the truth. :applause:

Showtime
11-25-2009, 05:52 PM
And the hate continues.. :ohwell:
How is that hate? He cares more about himself than anything else, even his career. He refuses to put the team first, ever. He refuses to accept a lesser role, even when his effectiveness has lessened to merit such a role. He still thinks he's the MVP who can take over every game, and refuses to be treated otherwise. It's not hate: it's reality.

KubiliusF
11-25-2009, 05:55 PM
anybody wanna bet he`ll still go to overseas or play in NBA one more time during the next month ?

OneMoreSucka
11-25-2009, 06:02 PM
He'll sign with Boston in February. Bank on it.

KB2009Champ
11-25-2009, 06:03 PM
he might say that he is retiring but he's not done. he will play in the nba again. book it

elementally morale
11-25-2009, 06:05 PM

That's not a bad idea at all. It could actually help Boston if AI would be kind enough to come off the bench. And I don't even like the guy and never have. But this is a good idea.

hawkfan
11-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Should have retired this summer, since he couldn't handle being a backup.

The Pete Maravich of his era.

beasted86
11-25-2009, 06:07 PM
:applause: Sad his career had to end this way. I wish he could have taken a lesser role and tried to take one more stab at the playoffs but it was clear he wanted to win on his own terms witch turned out to be a bad choice .
It's a bad choice to not go ring chasing?... Now I've heard it all on ISH

If AI truly is retiring instead of going to another garbage team, or a stacked elite team... he gets my respect. He was basically considered a top 5 guard by virtually everyone for his entire career except his rookie season, and his final season (which would be counted as Detroit, not Memphis).

Rafael Delaget
11-25-2009, 06:11 PM

:cheers:

Been saying this for a while now. I don't know why, but I could see him getting along well with KG, Sheed, and the rest.

bdreason
11-25-2009, 06:12 PM
He's already accomplished more than anyone on this board ever will. AI latching onto a contender just to win a ring wouldn't do anything for his legacy... just like it didn't do anything for Gary Payton's legacy.

Props to AI for being one of the most entertaining Basketball players I've ever watched play the game.

Cermet
11-25-2009, 06:14 PM
He was great but in the past years and pasts weeks he has been embarrasing himself so its about time.

Bye bye Iverson/ballhog we wont miss you. Dont worry IVERSON your stats are safe because its all that you care about and cared all your nba career.

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=Rafael Delaget

markymark
11-25-2009, 06:19 PM

Ainge, make it happen PLEASE.

The Legend can't just go out like this...

ProfessorMurder
11-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry Phoenix... You're the biggest AI fan on here. Is your avy all the injuries he's had or something?

Ainge said they'd sign AI if they need him, but don't right now. When they get Baby back, and if the still need a push I wouldn't be surprised if he was signed.

markymark
11-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Sad, sad day for bball if it's true...

hoopaddict08
11-25-2009, 06:27 PM
He will be back. There is no question in my mind about it.

A.M.G.
11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Well, no one seems to want him anymore, so who ****ing cares? Sad end to what was a great career until the last year of utter embarrassment and exposure as a cancer.

Seriously AI, why couldn't you just accept a role as a sixth man on a good team, you selfish little prima donna?

ShawnieMac06
11-25-2009, 06:59 PM
I can't say that I'm surprised that Iverson has finally decided to call it quits. I can't remember seeing such a colossal end to what was one of the greatest careers in NBA history, whether you loved or hated him.

In Smith's conversation on Fox Sports Radio, he did mention that if the right deal comes along, Cleveland might be a possible desination for Iverson.

DLeagueWannabe
11-25-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm f*cking sad man. Like really, one of my favorite players of all time. WOW.

Real Men Wear Green
11-25-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm not going to completely discount the possibility of him becoming a Celtic later on, if he starts feeling that his career is incomplete without a Championship and he just burns to play, etc., because Ainge has admitted that the Cs have considered him. However, he has shown that his most overwhelmingly powerful desire in the NBA is to be a starter, more so than money or winning (he could have probably got the whole MLE to a be a Contender's Sixth Man). Right now, for him to sign here, he'd have to accept backing up Rondo and Ray Allen, to players he probably thinks he's better than (and may be right in that assumption). I do not feel at all sure that he would remain calm and be the "good soldoer" even if he signed knowing that ahead of time, as he is one of those guys that just can't help themselves when it comes to things like wanting the ball, pt, etc. I would sign a guy like that in a heartbeat while he's at his peak, because he's everything he thinks he is, but when the athleticism declines without the ego shrinking accordingly, it's a problem. And Iverson isn't good enough to carry a great team anymore. He needs to start accepting a role and fitting in. He's never done that before. If the Cs do sign him in the future I'll probably feel the same way about him that I do about Sheed: He has some positives, but there are also negatives, and I just don't know whether or not the balance is worth it. In the end, I predict he won't be coming here, because the guard rotation and chemistry are good. Iverson, without a major personality adjustment, could screw that up.

Real Men Wear Green
11-25-2009, 07:14 PM
I can't say that I'm surprised that Iverson has finally decided to call it quits. I can't remember seeing such a colossal end to what was one of the greatest careers in NBA history, whether you loved or hated him.IMO, MJ's Washington debacle was worse. He probably lit a cigar and smiled when he learned that Pollin died.

In Smith's conversation on Fox Sports Radio, he did mention that if the right deal comes along, Cleveland might be a possible desination for Iverson.
I could definitely see AI taking Delonte West's place, if West can't come back.

Knicks101
11-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Short basketball fans everywhere are grieving.

MeLO MvP 15
11-25-2009, 07:26 PM
i think its way to soon
link : http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Allen-Iverson-retires;_ylt=AlwUtGfrE1UuNl86DlkBVsY5nYcB?urn=nba, 204978

what a shame...
btw if its a repost, sorry didnt c another thread about it...

ZeN
11-25-2009, 07:28 PM
you missed the other thread, the topic is being strongly discussed.

Its a sticky at the top of the page:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154643

Mateo
11-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Good riddance. Allen Iverson is the poster boy for one of the worst eras in basketball history. He is the poster boy for:

A) Athletes who put put themselves above the team.
B) Athletes who only concentrate on scoring and areas that bring personal adulation.
C) Athletes who value personal adulation above winning.
D) Athletes who surround themselves with yes-men and never improve during their career.

There was a whole era of similar players, guys who came into the league with much hype and never lived up to the expectations because, well, they didn't want to. In their eyes they were already legends. AI is the poster boy for that type of player, that lost era of basketball.

My only regret is that this ended in retirement and not blackball. I wanted him to try and come back, but be rejected by every team.

MeLO MvP 15
^^ thanks, i wondered why i could find the thread, but it was stickied.. mods u cud delete this...

wang4three
Part of my childhood died today.

bagelred
11-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Who is this "Allen Iverson" they speak of. Not familiar with that name. Oh well......:confusedshrug:

ShawnieMac06
11-25-2009, 07:35 PM
IMO, MJ's Washington debacle was worse. He probably lit a cigar and smiled when he learned that Pollin died.

Yeah, you're right...especially the way it happened. I'm sure that ol' Michael didn't shed tears yesterday.

MeLO MvP 15
11-25-2009, 07:37 PM
i feel weird as hell now... :/, damn way too soon AI.... plz come back half way through the season... i know u still got the skillz... go to boston or denver at around february plz i just want to c u play again!!!

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 07:44 PM
i think its way to soon
link : http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Allen-Iverson-retires;_ylt=AlwUtGfrE1UuNl86DlkBVsY5nYcB?urn=nba, 204978

what a shame...
btw if its a repost, sorry didnt c another thread about it...
That is the most f*cking back handed article I have ever seen.

ZeN
11-25-2009, 07:46 PM
That is the most f*cking back handed article I have ever seen.

I agree man.. no respect.

1~Gibson~1
11-25-2009, 07:52 PM
i didnt read the article but by retiring i now see how selfish he really is. all he had to do was be a 6th man and he couldnt even do that :violin:

Kobe Jnr
11-25-2009, 07:59 PM
man in 07-08 season he was averaging 26 pts 7 assists and 2 steals... 2 years later he is retiring... future hall of famer :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rafael Delaget
11-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Good riddance. Allen Iverson is the poster boy for one of the worst eras in basketball history. He is the poster boy for:

A) Athletes who put put themselves above the team.
B) Athletes who only concentrate on scoring and areas that bring personal adulation.
C) Athletes who value personal adulation above winning.
D) Athletes who surround themselves with yes-men and never improve during their career.

There was a whole era of similar players, guys who came into the league with much hype and never lived up to the expectations because, well, they didn't want to. In their eyes they were already legends. AI is the poster boy for that type of player, that lost era of basketball.

My only regret is that this ended in retirement and not blackball. I wanted him to try and come back, but be rejected by every team.

Are you Tyronn Lue?

Mateo
11-25-2009, 08:01 PM
That article is spot on. I challenge anyone to point out an untruth. He's absolutely correct when he said that Iverson flatlined in his early 20s. Name me one skill that Iverson picked up after his first 3 years in the league. One.

Mateo
11-25-2009, 08:02 PM
You are the definition of pathetic.

Name me one skill that Iverson picked up after his first 3 years in the league. Name me one.

K-Mart
He will be back.

sipitri
[QUOTE=Rafael Delaget

D-Rose
11-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Man this hurts and I was never even the biggest AI fan....slowly as my childhood stars retire (Shaq, Duncan, KG, McGrady, Carter, Nash, Dirk, Kobe, etc) it's going to hurt...

farewell AI :cry:

Yung D-Will
11-25-2009, 08:03 PM
An all time great who didn't deserve all the hate he received in the final years of his career there will never be a player of A.I's height to be of the skill level he achieved.

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 08:04 PM
That article is spot on. I challenge anyone to point out an untruth. He's absolutely correct when he said that Iverson flatlined in his early 20s. Name me one skill that Iverson picked up after his first 3 years in the league. One.
For real, you dont have anything better to do?

Now that might seem like I dont have a real rebuttal, but I am just puzzled. Why would you just come into a retirement thread and start being negative. Saying good riddance and stuff like that. Iverson had an impact on basketball that everyone other than Jordan/Magic/Bird/Yao could only dream of.

Mr_Basketball#1
11-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I love Iverson but he's a quitter. Yes, we all know he can still get 20 a game yet he feels the need to prove it to us. All he had to was agree to come off the bench. Look at guys like Jason Terry, Ginobli and Brad Miller and how they are making great contributions to their teams. I hate he had to end his career this way. It's really a shame.

Abd El-Krim
11-25-2009, 08:05 PM

Isn't that what happened?

Apples
11-25-2009, 08:07 PM
A sad day indeed.

Knicks101
11-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Why do people act like it's in bad taste to insult somebody when he retires?

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Why do people act like it's in bad taste to insult somebody when he retires?
Insult is one thing. Constantly chirpin is another. Did you read that article? I have never..... ever.... seen another article with so much contempt and disgust on Yahoo sports.

So this is how it ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
It started with a bang. The brawl in Virginia. The breathless reports of this two-star athlete dominating the football fields and basketball courts in high school. This amazing scoring guard that nobody — not even John Thompson — could slow down.
A first overall selection. First "point guard" taken that high since Magic Johnson. Shortest taken first overall since John Lucas(notes). Quickest, ever. Ever, ever.
Pissed off Jordan. Crossed over Jordan. Took over for Jordan as the league's most popular player, when the NBA was in its darkest era since the drug daze of the late 1970s. Won the MVP. Took home-court advantage from a swaggering, dominant Lakers team in the 2001 Finals. Made it, nearly, to the top. On his terms.
And, because things stayed on Allen Iverson's(notes) terms, it all fell apart from there.
Marc Spears just confirmed the news that Allen Iverson is set to retire. This follows an ignominious attempt at shopping himself on the open free-agent market, with the season having already started. That followed an ignominious three-game turn with the Memphis Grizzlies, which followed an ignominious season with the Detroit Pistons, which followed a ... you see where I'm going here.
Every step of the way, Iverson stayed true to himself. And, in a game and a culture that had grown up around him, that steadfast refusal to do anything but stay true to himself resulted in this early, unnecessary retirement.
It's what made him what he was, you know. It's what made him the MVP in 2001, even if he wasn't anywhere near the best player in basketball that season. It's what brought his 76ers to the Finals in 2001, even though they were the class of the watered-down East and several other Western teams were superior. It's what won him the All-Star Game MVP in 2001, even though Dikembe Mutombo(notes) and Stephon Marbury(notes) likely had more to do with the East winning that game than Iverson.
It was that personality that won him those awards, that personality that inspired Larry Brown to build a team around a shoot-first 5-foot-11 guard, and that personality that made him so, so popular. He should have been popular. The man had the heart of a giant.
And in the end, it did him in. Iverson never adapted. His game never grew, it hardly changed, and everybody knew. He could still get his — A.I. was still averaging over 26 points and seven assists for the Nuggets two seasons ago — but at what cost?
He needed the ball, quite a bit, to get those numbers. It took others out of their games. He *****ed and moaned every time he was asked to leave the game, even though he averaged over 41 minutes per game in his career. He never tried to help, he never tried to lead, he never tried to learn.
He stayed true to who he was. It's what got him a nice house, huge contracts, out of poverty, into working at the game he loved. Good for him. But at some point, you have to stop working at things as if you're a week removed from the breadline.
I can't possibly criticize that line of thinking, because I'll never (hopefully) know the pressure of that situation, least of all knowing it as a child. But others in this league have come from poverty. Others have been betrayed by people in positions of authority as children or teenagers. Others have had it rough. They stayed strong, made it out, and most of them adapted to a change in context.
A.I. never adapted. And while "me against the world" is admirable when it truly is you against the world, at some point you have to realize that you have four other guys with you, on your side, against the world. And they're not interested in fighting your fight. They're interested in winning the game.
And that hurts. Iverson accomplished quite a bit, but I'll never shake the feeling that so much was left unaccomplished. That he could have learned so much and contributed so much to this game had he not decided to essentially flatline in his early 20s.
I take no great pleasure in pointing this out, but the man quit on the 76ers (who traded him a few weeks later), his presence stifled the Nuggets, he quit on the Pistons, he quit on the Grizzlies (complaining about playing time after sitting out of practice for weeks and playing one whole game), and he just quit on this league. Way too early. With so much left to do.
And all I feel is sad. Not because I'm not used to the idea of the NBA without Allen Iverson — I haven't really enjoyed watching him play for most of his career, every sweet crossover came packaged with five ill-conceived jumpers — but because the man who got so much out of all that talent also got so little. And every half-empty assumption we made about him ended up coming true. Yes, you made it to the top while standing 5-11 and with critics at every turn, but so what? That was 1996. What comes next?
For Allen Iverson, nothing came next. Just huge strides toward irrelevance and, frankly, embarrassment.
It might not be over. For all we know, this could just be a temporary hissy fit, pitched to the point of filing retirement papers just because no team with a starting gig wants to know. He could be back next season. He could be back in February. We don't know.
What we do know is that this is a shame. For a man with his talent, his vision, his will, and his heart; to go out like this? To never, really, "get it?" It's a shame.
And, saddest of all, it's typical A.I.

purple32gold
11-25-2009, 08:11 PM
i didnt read the article but by retiring i now see how selfish he really is. all he had to do was be a 6th man and he couldnt even do that :violin:
retirement=selfishness? when has that ever been brought up i thought everyone wanted him to retire before he tarnished his image anymore. magic was selflish cause he left for personal reasons? larry bird was selfish cause he could barely run without his back killing him. i think some people really need to take a second to think about what they would do in allen's position. one of the greatest players ever from georgetown to now, im not surprised that he doesn't want to come off the bench. calling it quits and enjoying life for the first time in 15 years is not selfish...it's a personal decision that all players must make at some point.

SoCalMike
11-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Good choice for him to retire... I think he finally realized that he ego does not match his ability to play as a star starter any longer and that he would not be a starter on any contending NBA team... too bad he cannot have a bit of humility to come off the bench and be a role player for a team to try and earn a ring with a team.

Speaks volumes....

:pimp:

BallersTalk
11-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Knicks really screwed up by not signing him. How the hell would he hinder the young guys' development any more than the great blackhole Al Harrington? I mean Iverson's definitely a cancer. But he would've been fun to watch in D'Antoni's system. Bad decision by the FO. The risk was so small compared to the potential benefits. I think LOSING is hurting our young guys' development right now. They've been thrust into a situation where they just aren't ready. We don't have one player worthy of being a 3rd option on a playoff team. And that's being generous.

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Knicks really screwed up by not signing him. How the hell would he hinder the young guys' development any more than the great blackhole Al Harrington? I mean Iverson's definitely a cancer. But he would've been fun to watch in D'Antoni's system. Bad decision by the FO. The risk was so small compared to the potential benefits. I think LOSING is hurting our young guys' development right now. They've been thrust into a situation where they just aren't ready. We don't have one player worthy of being a 3rd option on a playoff team. And that's being generous.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Mateo
11-25-2009, 08:13 PM
For real, you dont have anything better to do?

Now that might seem like I dont have a real rebuttal, but I am just puzzled. Why would you just come into a retirement thread and start being negative. Saying good riddance and stuff like that. Iverson had an impact on basketball that everyone other than Jordan/Magic/Bird/Yao could only dream of.

Why are you defending a horrible teammate? He quit on his last two teams. Quit on them. That's not just a slap in the face to the teams, it's a slap in the face to his teammates.

Have you ever worked with someone who flat-out refused to help in any way, and would only do what is most narrowly in his/her job description? Because I have.

halffttime
11-25-2009, 08:15 PM
i don't understand the hate for iverson. dude's one of the most skilled basketball player to ever step on the court. he's that guy you watched on playground and hoped one day you'd grow up to be as good as him.. the fact he hasn't won a ring in his career don't mean jack sh!t. dude's a former mvp, how many 6 footers can you say that about? you can't deny his love and passion for the game. except for mj, i've never seen anyone come into every single game with intsensity. even in the few games he played as a grizzly, he came with intensity. the same people hating on him are the same people who used to wear his jersey to school years ago.

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Why are you defending a horrible teammate? He quit on his last two teams. Quit on them. That's not just a slap in the face to the teams, it's a slap in the face to his teammates.

Have you ever worked with someone who flat-out refused to help in any way, and would only do what is most narrowly in his/her job description? Because I have.
:oldlol: I am not going to name the long illustrious list of players who have Quit on their teams. Its too hard. He messed up. I dont see how two years unravels everything else he has done. You dont see me hanging Kobe's trade demands and that suspect game 7 against the Suns over his head. You dont see countless articles and posters slamming him for that? I think ISH is just a little immature. If you are a basketball fan, you appreciated Iverson. There is no way one could discredit how much he has done for the game. He left his mark.

catzhernandez
11-25-2009, 08:18 PM
i don't understand the hate for iverson. dude's one of the most skilled basketball player to ever step on the court. he's that guy you watched on playground and hoped one day you'd grow up to be as good as him.. the fact he hasn't won a ring in his career don't mean jack sh!t. dude's a former mvp, how many 6 footers can you say that about? you can't deny his love and passion for the game. except for mj, i've never seen anyone come into every single game with intsensity. even in the few games he played as a grizzly, he came with intensity. the same people hating on him are the same people who used to wear his jersey to school years ago.
I dont get it either...

Mateo
11-25-2009, 08:19 PM
i don't understand the hate for iverson. dude's one of the most skilled basketball player to ever step on the court.

Really? Name me 3 skills Iverson possesses. I'm timing you. Go.

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-25-2009, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=Rafael Delaget

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 08:22 PM
How does someone at six feet tall make the NBA without possessing three skills?
STFU.

Clifton
His best years were late-20s early-30s-ish when everyone was expecting him to be right about to decline. I think Sixers fans will tell you his best years were the year or two before he was traded to Denver. At that point in his career he was getting more assists and fewer turnovers and had seemed to mature mentally. People at that time were like, dang, will he ever decline?

in 2000 he was just faster than everyone else, had a better crossover than everyone else, and wanted to score/win more than anyone else. Around age 30 he started to get a real instinct for all-around play.

If you recall, early in his career he wasn't much of a PG at all. The year he made the Finals he didn't even play the point. But later in his career he was looking like one of the best passers, one of the best drive-and-dishers in basketball.

NBA4EVER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyb00ft7ZQE

Mateo
11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
:oldlol: I am not going to name the long illustrious list of players who have Quit on their teams. Its too hard. He messed up. I dont see how two years unravels everything else he has done. You dont see me hanging Kobe's trade demands and that suspect game 7 against the Suns over his head. You dont see countless articles and posters slamming him for that? I think ISH is just a little immature. If you are a basketball fan, you appreciated Iverson. There is no way one could discredit how much he has done for the game. He left his mark.

Kobe rectified himself. Iverson just let his selfishness and stubbornness turn him into the ultimate quitter.

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Kobe rectified himself. Iverson just let his selfishness and stubbornness turn him into the ultimate quitter.
:oldlol: I am done. Calling AI the ultimate quitter.:roll: :roll: If he was that, he would have quit a long time ago buddy.

Mateo
11-25-2009, 08:30 PM
His best years were late-20s early-30s-ish when everyone was expecting him to be right about to decline. I think Sixers fans will tell you his best years were the year or two before he was traded to Denver. At that point in his career he was getting more assists and fewer turnovers and had seemed to mature mentally. People at that time were like, dang, will he ever decline?

in 2000 he was just faster than everyone else, had a better crossover than everyone else, and wanted to score/win more than anyone else. Around age 30 he started to get a real instinct for all-around play.

If you recall, early in his career he wasn't much of a PG at all. The year he made the Finals he didn't even play the point. But later in his career he was looking like one of the best passers, one of the best drive-and-dishers in basketball.

Passing more often != passing better. Assists up, turnovers up. Net outcome is nil.

Sanity
11-25-2009, 08:32 PM
NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
NBA Rookie of the Year (1997)

catzhernandez
11-25-2009, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Sanity]NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)

NBA4EVER
11-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Not bad at all.

sad to see him not get a ring

D-Rose
11-25-2009, 08:35 PM
mateo, suck on dis

http://my.nba.com/cms/55351/iversons_top_10_philly_moments

Locked_Up_Tonight
11-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Showtime, we disagree on the Mavs and Dirk and go back and forth, but I am in total agreement with you on this one.

It's sad that Iverson cares more about himself than he does about the team.

markymark
11-25-2009, 08:40 PM

GTFO of this thread.

Create an Yi Jianlian vs Scalabrine or something.

Just don't post here anymore.

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 08:44 PM
I love Iverson but he's a quitter. Yes, we all know he can still get 20 a game yet he feels the need to prove it to us. All he had to was agree to come off the bench. Look at guys like Jason Terry, Ginobli and Brad Miller and how they are making great contributions to their teams. I hate he had to end his career this way. It's really a shame.

Now hold up. I kind of agree, but see it from his point of view.

He has just put up so great numbers in Denver, won 50 games before losing to eventual champions in the first round.

Was anyone saying that he had to be a sixth man then? No.

Three games in, he gets traded to Detroit. Amid team chemistry issues like these: Lying coaches, shuffling lineups, etc, he has his worst year in his career.

Now everyone is saying that he is washed up, and that he cannot start and should be a sixth man. Why? I still dont know why. Honestly, why? People say that he cannot carry a team anymore. WTF? There is obviously something in between coming off the bench and carrying a team. The media dragged his name through the mud, with most saying that he simply doesnt have it anymore. After ONE bad year with a team going nowhere regardless.

At this point, Iverson was being called"selfish" and "stubborn" even though he has been quite the opposite. Selfish people dont let rookies practically live at his house. (Kyle Korver) Selfish people DO NOT sacrifice their BODY for the team. The passion and intensity he displayed did not convey selfishness to me.

Oh, I know he isnt perfect. I completely understand that.

Has he made some bad decisions? Yes.

Should he have complained after the first game he played in Memphis? No.
(Sidenote: If you look at my game thread, I was b*tching too. Conley put on the absolute worst performance I have ever seen with my two eyes. It was very suspect that Iverson did not play more minutes even though he was showing no signs of discomfort and played better D and offense than his counterpart.)

Should he be hated this way? Hell no. Instead of people embracing him and appreciating him, they rather hate. Why? I have no clue. I mean if there was ever one NBA superstar I could honestly imitate, it would be him. He's around my height and weight, and he used his speed to humiliate opponents night in and out.

Now we have a retirement thread, and instead of people realizing what they are going to be missing, they rather repeat the same old.

Keep it up.
You won.

tedloc
11-25-2009, 08:49 PM
AI hater are worse than Kobe lovers

i know it, seriously.

AI was the man. thanks for all the years, they were great to watch.

ProfessorMurder
11-25-2009, 08:49 PM
^^^ Phoenix: The most I've ever seen you write. :applause:

NuggetsFan
11-25-2009, 08:51 PM
It's a bad choice to not go ring chasing?... Now I've heard it all on ISH

If AI truly is retiring instead of going to another garbage team, or a stacked elite team... he gets my respect. He was basically considered a top 5 guard by virtually everyone for his entire career except his rookie season, and his final season (which would be counted as Detroit, not Memphis).

Are you kidding me? Where did I say that? I simply said It's sad to see him not take a lesser role. Wasn't talking about ring chasing but the guy wanted to be a top option and that wasn't going to happen :confusedshrug:

I'm a huge Iverson fan and I respect him wanting to win on his own terms but It's sad to watch as a fan. I didn't want him to jump to Boston\Lakers but atleast take a role somewhere.

ppierce34
11-25-2009, 08:52 PM
A few years ago when Iverson said he'd never be a ring chaser and would rather retire than play sparingly off the bench just to get a title, everyone praised him for it. Now he gets bashed for it. He'd rather play than sit on the bench for half the game, it's his perogative. He hasn't handled situations well lately, but I'm not gonna bash him for his decision.

That said, I think someone is gonna get an injury or there will be another reason and there will be someone calling before the season is out.

NuggetsFan
11-25-2009, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Sanity]NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)

Mateo
11-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Since Iverson defenders have failed to list 3 skills that he possesses I'll ask another, more interesting question.

Name me a team, in any sport, that has ever won a championship while being centered around an inefficient player. Go.

NuggetsFan
11-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Since Iverson defenders have failed to list 3 skills that he possesses I'll ask another, more interesting question.

Do you actually think anybody in the NBA doesn't have atleast 3 skills? .. and your acting like an MVP\All Star player doesn't have 3 skills? Your clearly an idiot.

D-Rose
11-25-2009, 09:02 PM

Name me a team, in any sport, that has ever won a championship while being centered around an inefficient player. Go.
By inefficient I belive you mean offensively, so Bill Russell and his 44% FG% (as a Center) and 11 rings say HI!

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 09:06 PM

:oldlol: I will give you three skills and some more.:D

Skills:
1.Floor Vision
2.Passing
3.Ball-handling

What is wrong with you:
1. Idiot
2. Inefficient with time.
3. Lame
4. Cannot formulate a rebuttal that is worth responding too.*
5. Not Creative
6. Not many options in life*
7. Cancer*
8. Attention Whore
9. Redundant

4*-Seriously, who logs into ISH just to post BS? Wouldnt it be better to just do something else? I dont understand the thought process. Your posts are the equivalent to watching p0rn and not jacking off.

6*-See 4.

7*-Everytime I quote you, I just feel unhealthy. You ruin team chemistry.

Mateo
11-25-2009, 09:07 PM
By inefficient I belive you mean offensively, so Bill Russell and his 44% FG% (as a Center) and 11 rings say HI!

No.. I mean inefficient. Russell's ts% was 47% which is bad in today's game but basically average in his era.

Besides, Russell was not the centerpiece of the Celtics offense. He was the centerpiece of their defense. And he was not an inefficient defense player but any account I've read.

PistonsFan#21
11-25-2009, 09:10 PM

Whats your point? How many rings did Iverson get with his FG%?

phoenix18
11-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Whats your point? How many rings did Iverson get with his FG%?
How many rings did Mr.11 get without at bench full of HOF's?

Yes, my hand just said hi to your face.

InfiniteBaskets
In a way, it's very sad to see Iverson retire because he could've done so much more at this point in his career. He will go down in the hall of fame but from my perspective he does not get my full respect because he'd rather not play the game of basketball at the highest level than play on a team as a role player.

I'm not sure you can make the case that you truly love basketball if you're going to retire rather than taking a seat on the bench. Guys like Shane Battier, who'll do whatever it takes to win, I can respect a guy like that. A guy like Mutombo, who was willing to do whatever it took to keep playing in the league, no less donating a good chunk of whatever he made to charity, I can respect.

When someone retires because he doesn't want to take a back seat in a team's offense? It's sad to see him go out that way because he's got so much more talent that he's not using.

I respect all of his accomplishments and acknowledge his greatness in the game of basketball, but I can't say I'm pleased to see Iverson make this decision. Hopefully in the future he can come back and change his ways but I really don't see it happening.

L.Kizzle
Look what yall ****ers did.

jaydacris
11-25-2009, 09:22 PM
philly will have a nice retirement ceremony for him

BALLin01
11-25-2009, 09:32 PM
F*ck man! my favorite player of all time! I've stuck with him forever... He will still be my favortie baller of all time tho... Hopefully he can come back later in the year but right now, i feel like crying right now:cry:

Mateo
11-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, at least he did win a gold.... err bronze medal.

PistonsFan#21
11-25-2009, 09:39 PM
How many rings did Mr.11 get without at bench full of HOF's?

Yes, my hand just said hi to your face.

That was exactly my point...its 2 different players, playing 2 different positions, with 2 totally different view of the game (stats vs team play) and in 2 different contexts...how did you guys end up comparing Bill Russel to Iverson is beyond me.

BALLin01
11-25-2009, 09:45 PM

Will you please SHUT THE F*CK UP?! I'm tired of this Iverson hating and the day he retires you continue you're unwanted hatred.

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Allen-Iverson---00-01-ASG-MVP---Photofile-Photograph-C10097792.jpeg

http://reclinergm.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/iverson.jpg

Suck on this SH!T B!TCH!

AMISTILLILL
11-25-2009, 09:47 PM
I give him until spring of 2011 until he's back. Why else do you think he's saying stuff like "I've still got a lot left in the tank and can compete at a high level"?

ArizaAttack24
11-25-2009, 09:52 PM
He'll be back....Whether it's next season or later this season, He'll be back without question.

bay2theAlady
11-25-2009, 09:55 PM
He'll probably sign with a championship contender come the deadline. I'm sure he'll change his mind about coming off the bench if he thinks he can get a ring...

Mateo
11-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Will you please SHUT THE F*CK UP?! I'm tired of this Iverson hating and the day he retires you continue you're unwanted hatred.

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Allen-Iverson---00-01-ASG-MVP---Photofile-Photograph-C10097792.jpeg

Suck on this SH!T B!TCH!

1a) Individual award.
1b) Individual gloating.

Summarizes Iverson's career quite well.

Roundball_Rock
11-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Say it ain't so, AI! :cry: Phoenix and other AI fans do you think this is for real or will he be back? I hope a team picks him up after the ASG.

305Baller
11-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Im shocked. I hope he comes back after a year off.

oh the horror
11-25-2009, 10:01 PM
So do we negate everything Iverson has done, because they were individual awards? You can admit it, or live in denial, but AI DID lead a team to the NBA finals.

Some players NEVER EVEN GET TO THE FINALS. AI LEAD his team. Deny that sh*t all you want, but AI was the most important player on that team.

He won an MVP, and various other awards. If we're NOW going to DENY those awards mean something in this league, then we should now deny that they mean anything to any other players who have come and gone, and have won those various awards.

Get off your damn high horses. Do ANY of you even realize how HARD it is to win ANY awards in the NBA?

BALLin01
11-25-2009, 10:04 PM
1a) Individual award.
1b) Individual gloating.

Summarizes Iverson's career quite well.

1a) Individual Trolling
1b) Individual Hating

Summarizes your time on ISH.

Knicks101
11-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Now everyone is saying that he is washed up, and that he cannot start and should be a sixth man. Why? I still dont know why. Honestly, why? People say that he cannot carry a team anymore. WTF? There is obviously something in between coming off the bench and carrying a team. The media dragged his name through the mud, with most saying that he simply doesnt have it anymore. After ONE bad year with a team going nowhere regardless.

You know why he should come off the bench? Because the team that is paying him asked him to. That's it.

oh the horror
11-25-2009, 10:12 PM
You know why he should come off the bench? Because the team that is paying him asked him to. That's it.

Yeah, I agree with this alone.

He was asked to do a job, in which he felt he was too big for. And I dont agree with the way AI handled these situations.

LA_Showtime
11-25-2009, 10:15 PM
it's very hard to defend iverson. he was a scapegoat in detroit, regardless of what people say, that team was going to implode. as for the memphis situation, well, you really can't defend his actions. i would like to see him go out on a better note, but unless a championship caliber team suffers multiple backcourt injuries i don't think he'll have a chance to play again. sad, but like i said earlier, partly his fault.

kumquat
11-25-2009, 10:21 PM
The final and greatest insult reflecting on Iverson's worth isn't that the bad teams don't want him for his fanboy revenue. The good teams wouldn't touch him with a bar of soap, because of his worth as a player and person.

The real Allen Iverson has been portrayed nicely over the past two years. It's not about basketball, it's about getting your own and feeding your ego.

iggy>
11-25-2009, 10:38 PM
sad to see, 34 years old and he still hasnt grown up

gpfanz
11-25-2009, 10:40 PM
as per Steven A. Smith, appearing as I speak, on Fox Sports Radio's Chris Myers-Steve Hartman show. Expect an official announcement later today.

edit:Now some kind of source. (http://www.sbnation.com/2009/11/25/1174189/allen-iverson-will-retire)

He proved me right by sticking to his ME MYSELF AND I mindset :banana:

BallersTalk
11-25-2009, 10:41 PM
BUT, on the plus side. His all-star spot will finally go to someone that actually deserves it.

Fatal9
11-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Too early imo. Could have easily killed a couple more franchises.

ihatetimthomas
11-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Sad day in sports if he never returns. While I havnt always been a fan of his game, I still have a great deal of respect for his accomplishments over his career. Its really a sad way to go, but he did this to himself. He didn't need to end like this. In all honesty, he choose the way he was going to end his career. At some point in your career, you likely will face the reality that you are not the player you once were. AI never realized this. Credit him for believing in himself, but there is a sense of perception and a sense of reality he must figure out.

But lets not make this a AI bashing thread, I really am not trying to do that. He has accomplished a lot in his career and really got the most out of his size, ability and skill. One of the most potent scorers ever and it was really a marvel to have watched him in his prime. Its really a shame bc he will likely be remembered for how he ended his career rather than what he accomplished. He is not one of the best little man scorers of all time, he is simply one of best scorers of all time. Lighting quick first step and crossover. I don't think there was a guard who wasn't crossed by AI who played significant ball.

DKLaker
11-25-2009, 10:48 PM

That says it all!!!!

He should go talk to Spreewell.

BallersTalk
11-25-2009, 10:50 PM
It's funny how this idiot worships the ground Kobe walks on, but hates on Iverson when they've both been very similar players their whole careers except Kobe got Phil, Shaq, and Gasol/Odom/Bynum/Artest where AI got Eric Snow, Aaron Mckie, and an old Mutombo.

Detroit
11-25-2009, 10:51 PM
edited....

endorphins
11-25-2009, 11:14 PM

shooting stealing and running (from police) ooooohhhhhh SERVED!

NuggetsFan
11-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Tho I wish he would have took a lesser role does nobody else here respect the fact that he's only willing to win on his own terms? It may not be that smart but says something about him. He clearly doesn't want to win being a bench player and I can respect that.

White Chocolate
11-26-2009, 12:10 AM
The last season and a half, AI singlehandedly ruined his legacy. If he just came off the damn bench and helped a team with instant offense, he would still have a great legacy. Don't know if a team like Boston or San Antonio will want him in February, but the fact that they weren't looking for him over the summer speaks volumes. Any respect I had for AI is gone. Tremendous indivdual talent, amazing heart, but HUGE ego and not an ounce of humility in him.

NuggetsFan
11-26-2009, 12:12 AM
The last season and a half, AI singlehandedly ruined his legacy. If he just came off the damn bench and helped a team with instant offense, he would still have a great legacy. Don't know if a team like Boston or San Antonio will want him in February, but the fact that they weren't looking for him over the summer speaks volumes. Any respect I had for AI is gone. Tremendous indivdual talent, amazing heart, but HUGE ego and not an ounce of humility in him.

I wouldn't go that far .. he's deff hurt his legacy but he's still going to be a 1st ballot HOF'er and still remembered as one of the best scorers\players of all time.

Roundball_Rock
11-26-2009, 12:18 AM
AI=top 25 all-time. I hope he comes back...

White Chocolate
11-26-2009, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't go that far .. he's deff hurt his legacy but he's still going to be a 1st ballot HOF'er and still remembered as one of the best scorers\players of all time.

No one is taking away his playing ability. He probably will get in on the first ballot, but I guarantee you he's lost at least a few votes.

nbastatus
11-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Damn, he should've joined with the Boston or something. Sucks to see a great player retired.

Samurai Swoosh
11-26-2009, 12:22 AM
An era that saw the likes of players such as

Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Chauncey Billups
Steve Nash
Ray Allen
Rasheed Wallace

All losers, heh?

crossover03
11-26-2009, 12:30 AM
So, AI retires because he can't get a starting spot on any of the 30 teams in the NBA. What does that tell you? He either isn't good enough to start, or his contributions ( 3 games this season:22.3 min per game, 0.577 FG%, 12.3ppg 3.7 assists) don't help the team win. If that's the case, why would he still play?

Imagine Kobe Bryant at 34 not able to hold a starting spot. Can't compare Kobe to AI? Okay. How about Steve Nash. Not Steve Nash? Okay. How about Rafer Alston (rockets). Not Rafer Alston. Okay. How about Jason Williams (magic). Not Jason Williams?

It's really sad how AI's career in the NBA has ended. If he can still play at the highest level, he should go overseas. AI is no longer appealing to basketball fans in the States, but internationally, he could re-brand his game.

Jasper
11-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Stein's take :
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=iverson-091125

I believe Marc S. feels as much as I do that AI could fit quite nicely in a reserve roll such as the Glove did and help propel teams like the Spurs, Celtics, Cav's, Orlando & Lakers to valuable minutes and collect the ring that is so important to a legacy.

But you know what : IMO if Allen wants to go out this way , by saying he will only start , then GOOD FOR HIM.

The dude played 13 years in the NBA and we all know about the awards.

What I will always remember is the gritty play - like a blue collar worker working his butt off.
(I still believe their are 6 teams easily - that will look to possibly add him in Feburary , and as I stated before he was locked into the Grizzly's , he should bide his time , and make his services available in Feb. )

Until official retirement papers are sent to the NBA, he isn't retired.

I think we've had enough harsh words and comments about Iverson , and I think we would all be happy to talk about the active players or players coming back from injuries , like CP3 , Redd , Big Al , Love to name a few guys ..

mbell75
11-26-2009, 12:48 AM
That's not a bad idea at all. It could actually help Boston if AI would be kind enough to come off the bench. And I don't even like the guy and never have. But this is a good idea.

No, its a terrible idea. Only ones who would think that would work are the blind Boston homers who thought signing Marburry was a great move :roll:

MMM
11-26-2009, 01:16 AM
No, its a terrible idea. Only ones who would think that would work are the blind Boston homers who thought signing Marburry was a great move :roll:

I think most of the Celtics fans were saying it is a low risk high reward type deal. Seeing as if Marbury made any trouble they could easily get rid of him the same thing would be true with AI.

Abraham Lincoln
11-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Undoubtedly one of the top players in the history of our game. Will dearly be missed.

"Jesus"
11-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Damn, he should've joined with the Boston or something. Sucks to see a great player retired.

And to retire like this too. :ohwell:

nbastatus
11-26-2009, 02:04 AM
And to retire like this too. :ohwell:
Yep. He will always be remembered, at least to some..

#1SportsFan86
11-26-2009, 02:10 AM
There's no way Iverson is gonna go out like this....Iverson is gonna be on a team looking to make a run towards the playoffs.

DCL
11-26-2009, 02:11 AM
probably the greatest 6ft or under basketball player ever. he owned a lot of trees.

w00terz
11-26-2009, 02:24 AM
AI doesn't deserve all the hate. I feel this is not the last of AI, he's just too good right now to retire. He is still a Top 10 SG in the league and he doesn't deserve the kind of treatment he has been getting. Hopefully he reconsiders and we see him win a ring proper with the Celtics this year.

kaiteng
11-26-2009, 02:33 AM
The only thing I don't like about this is that the news first came out of SAS' mouth. Other than that, until he officially retires, I still love to see him, for the first time in his career, throw his ego away and at least join a contending team. Ending his career like this will ruin his legacy forever.......

crounsa810
11-26-2009, 02:57 AM
Sad that he's going out this way.....

But what can you do. If he's not willing to not put himself and his stats first, its really hard to have pity for him..

oh the horror
11-26-2009, 03:16 AM
Sad that he's going out this way.....

But what can you do. If he's not willing to not put himself and his stats first, its really hard to have pity for him..

Im sorry but its laughable that anyone would think AI is about the stats.

He may act like an ass, and may be a hard person to deal with. But I've never sat there and believed he was about his stats. Thats simply nonsense created by media and random other delusional people.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-26-2009, 03:24 AM
one of the best little guards to ever play. shame my knicks didnt sign him.

Lakas Fan Yo
11-26-2009, 03:32 AM
He's already accomplished more than anyone on this board ever will. AI latching onto a contender just to win a ring wouldn't do anything for his legacy... just like it didn't do anything for Gary Payton's legacy.

Props to AI for being one of the most entertaining Basketball players I've ever watched play the game.

GTFO

liljohnnywall
11-26-2009, 03:54 AM
AI legacy to me:

Redefined the Crossover Dribble
A low percentage high volume chucker.
Brought the hood into the NBA.
Somewhat overrated.
Not a winner.
Game 1 of the 2001 Finals.

Huey Freeman
11-26-2009, 03:56 AM
AI legacy to me:

Redefined the Crossover Dribble
A low percentage high volume chucker.
Brought the hood into the NBA.
Somewhat overrated.
Not a winner.
Game 1 of the 2001 Finals.
You forgot this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmS8ZQIhTA

I'll always love Iverson's game. :rockon:

Abraham Lincoln
11-26-2009, 04:00 AM
Reported.

imsmart21
11-26-2009, 04:27 AM
The retirement of Iverson rids the NBA of another ball-hogging guard who didn't possess the true ability to make those around him better, which is why no team he ever played for ever did anything meaningful (outside of the 2001 Finals with Philly), and also why he can't find a home in the NBA now. No one needs an aging 6-foot guard with a poor attitude. Hopefully this is showing the end of the selfish Jordan wanna-be guards who chuck up a million shots a year and gives the kids who watch this NBA some better players to model their games off of.

imsmart21
11-26-2009, 04:29 AM
I also forgot, he doesn't need to practice, which should add to his legacy of greatness haha...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

ukballer
11-26-2009, 04:53 AM
He needs John Thompson to come and slap him upside his head and knock some sense and reality into him.

I don't think it's his time to go yet, but he needs to understand and embrace a reduced role.

I want to remember him for everything he brought to the game, but I can't help but think of the goings on from Detroit onwards in his career, and it's sad.

High Roller
11-26-2009, 04:56 AM
The retirement of Iverson rids the NBA of another ball-hogging guard who didn't possess the true ability to make those around him better, which is why no team he ever played for ever did anything meaningful (outside of the 2001 Finals with Philly), and also why he can't find a home in the NBA now. No one needs an aging 6-foot guard with a poor attitude. Hopefully this is showing the end of the selfish Jordan wanna-be guards who chuck up a million shots a year and gives the kids who watch this NBA some better players to model their games off of.

Have you even read this thread, seen his career accomplishments? Alot of Hall of Famer's didn't win it all. Obviously the guy has attitude problems, he's proud and won't accept a bench role, but it still doesn't stop him from being one of the all-time greats. Jesus, the Iverson haters are worse than the Kobe homers here...

zabuza666
11-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Now hold up. I kind of agree, but see it from his point of view.

He has just put up so great numbers in Denver, won 50 games before losing to eventual champions in the first round.

Was anyone saying that he had to be a sixth man then? No.

Three games in, he gets traded to Detroit. Amid team chemistry issues like these: Lying coaches, shuffling lineups, etc, he has his worst year in his career.

At this point, Iverson was being called"selfish" and "stubborn" even though he has been quite the opposite. Selfish people dont let rookies practically live at his house. (Kyle Korver) Selfish people DO NOT sacrifice their BODY for the team. The passion and intensity he displayed did not convey selfishness to me.

Oh, I know he isnt perfect. I completely understand that.

Has he made some bad decisions? Yes.

Should he have complained after the first game he played in Memphis? No.
(Sidenote: If you look at my game thread, I was b*tching too. Conley put on the absolute worst performance I have ever seen with my two eyes. It was very suspect that Iverson did not play more minutes even though he was showing no signs of discomfort and played better D and offense than his counterpart.)

Should he be hated this way? Hell no. Instead of people embracing him and appreciating him, they rather hate. Why? I have no clue. I mean if there was ever one NBA superstar I could honestly imitate, it would be him. He's around my height and weight, and he used his speed to humiliate opponents night in and out.

Now we have a retirement thread, and instead of people realizing what they are going to be missing, they rather repeat the same old.

Keep it up.
You won.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

If I could rep you I would :applause:

lukekarts
11-26-2009, 05:39 AM
I get what that article is trying to say.

Iverson was talented, but never had the mentality to take that talent to the level other winning guards, e.g. Kobe & Wade, have got. Which is a shame.

As great as he was, I can't help but feel he underachieved in his career, he should've won a ring, he could've won a ring, if he didn't take the burden of trying to win every game on his own.

godofgods
11-26-2009, 07:38 AM
What a shame. He can still contribute in this league.

It's interesting to compare his career with Kobe. Both are the top ballhogs and chuckers in NBA history but since one of them play for the commish's favorite franchise (Lakers) and the other refuse to compromise his hood ideals, one got (a bunch of undeserved) rings, the other doesn't.

bluechox
11-26-2009, 09:58 AM
he will be back around next year once he goes broke

markymark
11-26-2009, 10:20 AM

We don't need your classic words of wisdom, thank you.

MannyO
11-26-2009, 11:40 AM
he was one of the best. If not for him you want have guys like brandon jennings who look up to him. AI did a lot of good things for the NBA and brought excitement to it. Will miss this guy.

francesco totti
11-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I started watching the game because of him, its depressing to see him go like this. He had one bad season in detroit, and suddenly 29 other teams and everybody thinks he is done?

He also gets my respect in the fact he wants to earn things, rather then go and sit on the bench of some elite team and get a BS title.

mhg88
11-26-2009, 01:34 PM
I started watching the game because of him, its depressing to see him go like this. He had one bad season in detroit, and suddenly 29 other teams and everybody thinks he is done?

He also gets my respect in the fact he wants to earn things, rather then go and sit on the bench of some elite team and get a BS title.

No, plenty of teams probably think he would make a good bench player. It's just nobody thinks he's worth it as a starter anymore. Most teams have some younger players to develop and an old AI isn't going to make them any better. It's AI's own fault that he's done. I don't see why anyone would feel bad for him.

vert48
11-26-2009, 01:50 PM
"I always thought that when I left the game, it would be because I couldn't help my team the way that I was accustomed to," it read. "However, that is not the case."So, what AI is saying is that as long as the coach will let him dominate the ball and disrespect his teammates, then he is OK.

His approach is to give him the ball, and get out of his way on offense, and then rest up for the next offensive possession. At what point does he figure out that maybe he was the problem, and not the answer?

Has he EVER done what was best for the team if it did not involve him handling the ball and taking the shot?

The moniker "Me, Myself and Iverson" is as fitting as any athlete has ever had. His infamous rant about practice is by far the most telling press conference I have ever seen an athlete give. My guess is that he still does not see anything wrong with that.

When he came into the league, there were a lot of very selfish players, and the league was full of rim hanging, ball grabbing, showboating idiots. AI fit in great with that group, and while he was an amazing talent, he has to be the most selfish player of his generation. I will miss watching great teams with great players beat whatever team he would be playing for.

MannyO
11-26-2009, 01:50 PM
The knicks are pretty dumb for not picking him up. Why not have him start and help your team's offense while attract fan until the 2010 Free agency when you get Lebron. If AI played alongside LBJ in NY it will be a packd house everygame. I also think they will win more with AI.

anthonyRandolph
11-26-2009, 03:46 PM
http://phtbasketball.com/2009/11/allen-iverson-will-not-retire/

Breaking News: ESPN 980, in Washington, D.C. & talk show host John Thompson has confirmed that Allen Iverson will not be retiring from the NBA

D-Rose
11-26-2009, 03:51 PM
:ohwell:

visirale
11-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Iverson will become the Brett Favre of basketball!

ashar008
11-26-2009, 03:53 PM

except favre has rings...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-26-2009, 03:53 PM

except People want Favre on there team...while nobody wants Iverson...because of his PATHETIC attitude...

Rafael Delaget
11-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Well this is an interesting turn of events...

bigkingsfan
11-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Except Favre wear Wranglers.

BALLin01
11-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Lou Williams just got injured. Time for AI back to Philly?

mlh1981
11-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I think people are ultimately remembered for what they accomplish during their peak years. This stuff at the end of his career won't be remembered nearly as much as what he did in the early part of this decade. He had his flaws and his areas of weakness, but he gave 100 percent everytime he stepped on the court, which isn't something you can take for granted when it comes to highly paid professional athletes that oftentimes lose their drive/motivation.

BALLin01
11-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Except Favre wear Wranglers.

Lol. Iverson in Wranglers

D-Rose
11-26-2009, 03:58 PM
:bowdown:

ihatetimthomas
11-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Iverson is too good to play for a contender off the bench. Iverson is too good to come off the bench for a crap team. Iverson is too good for the NBA so he decides to retire. Iverson is too good for retirement so he decides to not retire. So what Iverson too good for next?

spursdynasty420
11-26-2009, 04:01 PM
except People want Favre on there team...while nobody wants Iverson...because of his PATHETIC attitude...

you need to get a life. god damn kobe nut huggers are so spoiled.

hawkfan
11-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't know if he has filed his official papers, but if not and he changes his mind, and realizes that he should be a reserve, he'd be perfect for the Hawks.

AI, Bibby, JJ, JC would give the Hawks 4 guys who could potentially get 20 points any given night.

Meticode
11-26-2009, 04:03 PM

Kobe nut hugger or not, doesn't mean what he says is any less true.

KAJ=GOAT
11-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Iverson is too good to play for a contender off the bench. Iverson is too good to come off the bench for a crap team. Iverson is too good for the NBA so he decides to retire. Iverson is too good for retirement so he decides to not retire. So what Iverson too good for next?

Brains.

Abraham Lincoln
11-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Good, all shall hope this ends him up in a champagne filled locker room this June.

ihatetimthomas
11-26-2009, 04:11 PM

What does him being a Kobe fan have to do with anything? Can't think of another way to insult him? What he said really has truth in it, AI has had a terrible approach to the game this year

sipitri
11-26-2009, 04:21 PM
I was thinking the same.. Oh please make it happen

BALLin01
11-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I was thinking the same.. Oh please make it happen

I want him to end his career a 76er. Weird the day AI retires the STARTING PG on the 76ERS gets injured.

crossover03
11-26-2009, 04:28 PM
No, plenty of teams probably think he would make a good bench player. It's just nobody thinks he's worth it as a starter anymore. Most teams have some younger players to develop and an old AI isn't going to make them any better. It's AI's own fault that he's done. I don't see why anyone would feel bad for him.

Does Rafer Alston or Jason Williams make younger players significantly better than Allen Iverson?

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-26-2009, 04:31 PM
I want him to end his career a 76er. Weird the day AI retires the STARTING PG on the 76ERS gets injured.

yeah it only makes sense at this point. i am a sixers/lakers fan so i'll take him on either team. if he goes to the sixers, im def buying tickets for his re-debut, will be a fcking awsome night. and lou williams is as much of a pg as ai :ohwell:

darius15
11-26-2009, 05:13 PM
This sucks. One of my favourite players ever getting disrespected like this.

It's amazing to see the amount of hate this retirement thread generated.

Hammertime
11-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Does Rafer Alston or Jason Williams make younger players significantly better than Allen Iverson?

Yes. A million times yes. Neither of them have caused any media circus so far.

kraze94
11-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Why won't the Nets try to get AI? They need every bit of help they can get.

East River Livn'
11-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Retired in disgrace. Who else saw this coming a mile away? :ohwell:

What a prima donna, selfish, lazy loser....

Noob Saibot
11-26-2009, 06:12 PM
he can be a star again by playing in Europe or China. just a thought i would have if im Iverson, if I can't play as a starter in America, i'll be a starter in a worser league.

AI left the game too soon. shame.

Cermet
11-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Iverson just keep putting s-hit on his shoulders. Way to make a fool out of yourself IVerson. You go!.

A.M.G.
11-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Allen Iverson, If You Can Hear Me, Accept A 6th Man Role!!! Ffs Man, Check Your Ego And Face Reality!!!!!!

White Chocolate
11-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Allen Iverson, If You Can Hear Me, Accept A 6th Man Role!!! Ffs Man, Check Your Ego And Face Reality!!!!!!

That will never happen. That's why teams like Boston, Cleveland, and San Antonio want nothing to do with him. That's the only way he's winning a ring.

boozehound
11-26-2009, 06:27 PM
retiring "officially" doesnt make any sense unless you need that pension to kick in sooner (hopefully he doesnt). He may get a sweet KVH deal downthe road

A.M.G.
11-26-2009, 06:28 PM
THIS JUST IN, Allen Iverson un-retiring! In a public statement, Iverson stated "Yeah, that whole retiring thing was a giant cry for attention. Did you seriously think I was hanging it up at 34? If there isn't a team that will start me and let me handle the ball all the time, I'll make my own NBA team, and I'll call it The Allen Iverson AllenIversons, and I'll play all five positions, and coach, and manage, and own, and scout (that'll be easy, I'll just scout myself!), and we'll for sure win a championship because I'm the best scorer in the league. And lastly, ME ME ME!!! DID YOU NOTICE I FAKE-RETIRED EVERYBODY?!? WELL, DID YOU????" What a chump, I've officially lost all respect for AI.

JayGuevara
11-26-2009, 06:29 PM
That will never happen. That's why teams like Boston, Cleveland, and San Antonio want nothing to do with him. That's the only way he's winning a ring.

Ainge said the Celtics had ongoing discussions about signing him. Sounds like a lil more than nothing to do with him? :confusedshrug:

White Chocolate
11-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Ainge said the Celtics had ongoing discussions about signing him. Sounds like a lil more than nothing to do with him? :confusedshrug:

If they wanted him that bad, they would have signed him before Memphis did. :confusedshrug:

Noob Saibot
11-26-2009, 06:44 PM
hell naw he ain't retiring. He should play in china.

NuggetsFan
11-26-2009, 06:46 PM
THIS JUST IN, Allen Iverson un-retiring! In a public statement, Iverson stated "Yeah, that whole retiring thing was a giant cry for attention. Did you seriously think I was hanging it up at 34? If there isn't a team that will start me and let me handle the ball all the time, I'll make my own NBA team, and I'll call it The Allen Iverson AllenIversons, and I'll play all five positions, and coach, and manage, and own, and scout (that'll be easy, I'll just scout myself!), and we'll for sure win a championship because I'm the best scorer in the league. And lastly, ME ME ME!!! DID YOU NOTICE I FAKE-RETIRED EVERYBODY?!? WELL, DID YOU????" What a chump, I've officially lost all respect for AI.

Was this suppose to be funny? :oldlol: such disrespect for one of the best to ever touch the hardwood. Ever think he just wants to win on his own terms rather than somebody else's? so he's not chasing for a ring and playing 15 minutes on the bench(I'd rather see him do that) but he wants to start and impact the wins :confusedshrug:

darius15
11-26-2009, 07:01 PM
The retirement thread has a lot of AI haters, as you can all see. Here's a thread to remember what was a great career.

Haters, please stay out, go high five each other in someone else's thread please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79WSHpMU894

goldenryan
11-26-2009, 07:03 PM
http://lovedelicgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/tumbleweed.jpg

White Chocolate
11-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Allen Iverson in his prime was one of the best individual talents we have ever seen. Consistently putting up 30 a night and an MVP.

HylianNightmare
11-26-2009, 07:08 PM
F**k you Otis smith we couldve used him

HylianNightmare
11-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Goat

sipitri
11-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Long time ago a friend of mine for joke gave me a poster of a guy called Allen Iverson, I Barely knew what the NBA was.. (In Italy it isn't really famous)
Since that day I loved AI and now he's prematurely retiring..
Sad days for me :cry:

HylianNightmare
11-26-2009, 07:15 PM
If there is a god please let this happen

MeLO MvP 15
11-26-2009, 07:17 PM
lets get AI to sign with either the 76ers, celtics, NY, or miami...

CavsLebronMo
11-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Canswer.

oh the horror
11-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Canswer.

Stop acting like a 12 year old, and grow some integrity bro. You know, that thing your father was supposed to teach you?

oh the horror
11-26-2009, 07:33 PM
http://alltalksports.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/iverson.jpg

oh the horror
11-26-2009, 07:36 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/images/07/23/allen-iverson_fn.jpg

BALLin01
11-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Allen Iverson is my favorite player of all-time and that will never change. I'm a loyal AI fan and it hurts to see his image crushed by the media. I know he has something left in the tank but I'm not sure if we'll see it because haters and the media crushed his image. Most people now won't remember him because of this past year and a half. Over the off season you could definitely see he still has a love for the game. C'mon, the man was excited to play for Memphis! Anyways, Iverson changed the game, he brought a hip-hop element to the NBA. I hope new NBA fans will see his accomplishments and what happened before Detroit and Memphis because he was a truly amazing player.
When I was young I made AI my hero. I watched as many Sixer games as I could, he fascinated me in many ways. I got into the game of basketball because of AI. Every time I watch the NBA it will be different knowing AI isn't on a team. Yeah, AI has his flaws, but who doesn't. If his team was winning I doubt he would be b*tching. Of course he handled his Grizzlies and Detroit situations not the way he was supposed to but a man who was known as "the man" for years to being a backup for a mediocre team is definitely a tough thing to go through.
AI is will go down as one the greatest men to ever touch a basketball. He made the most of his skills, from being accused of a brawl in Virginia, to his practice speech, to his Detroit and Memphis days, to his image being dead because of haters and the media...I will still respect AI for what he did with Philadelphia. He single-handedly messed up the Lakers perfect playoff run, he led them through tough seasons but never gave up, he sacrificed his body and played through injuries, played with a fire and intensity you don't get from your average NBA player. I will always remember this man as "The Answer." Thank you Allen Iverson.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/54/107763319_dbbb27519c.jpg

http://img2.allposters.com/images/PHOTOFILE/AACG022.jpg

G-train
11-26-2009, 07:41 PM
F**k you Otis smith we couldve used him

I'm pretty sure the Magic don't need him. They have a great, balanced team.

MJ(Mean John)
11-26-2009, 07:43 PM

yea bro. I

GreatGreg
11-26-2009, 08:03 PM
I think A.I should now pursue a career in rap, no?

Hawksauce
11-26-2009, 08:33 PM
http://bazanye.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/nba_g_jordan_iverson_580.jpg

kumquat
11-26-2009, 08:37 PM
I think A.I should now pursue a career in rap, no?

Just as long as nobody else can touch the mic in the studio

hotsizzle
11-26-2009, 08:55 PM
I disliked Iverson in the past and thought he was overrated but...this guy is too good to come off the bench right now. Lot of aging superstars who are even older than him are never even considered for a bench role. He has been catching some very undeserved hate last couple of years.

Mateo
11-26-2009, 09:00 PM
I disliked Iverson in the past and thought he was overrated but...this guy is too good to come off the bench right now. Lot of aging superstars who are even older than him are never even considered for a bench role. He has been catching some very undeserved hate last couple of
years.

I think the whole "starter vs. 6th man" thing is being misunderstood here. I don't think teams are saying that he has to be a 6th man. I think it's more about "The Iverson way" being taken off the table. The Iverson way is Allen starting and being a focal point (if not the focal point) in the offense. The Iverson way is Iverson playing the number of minutes he wants, when he wants. The Iverson way is Allen getting what he wants, every time he wants it.

That's what teams are now rejecting. A inefficient player with a bad attitude is no longer something teams are in the market for. 6 years ago, sure. Today, not so much. I have a hard time seeing Iverson being effective as a starter just because I don't think he knows how to play off the ball. I don't think he could come in as a two guard and make cuts towards the basket. I don't think he could prevent himself from playing ISO when he gets a touch... he's just not a team player and never has been, and teams don't want those types of players when they see all of the superstars around the league who are team players.

BigSmooth4
11-26-2009, 09:03 PM
good thread.

El Seano
11-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Everybody badmouthing Iverson in this thread needs to kill themselves right now so the world's average IQ can ****ing skyrocket overnight.

phoenix18
11-26-2009, 09:18 PM
As heard on TNT, AI is not going anywhere. Apparently, ESPN has retracted their story and the whole thing is not true.

Also, AI's college coach, John Thompson wants to meet him face to face to discuss his future.

Killuminati90
11-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah at first it sounded strange to me so I didnt give much confidence to the news, I doubt that AI wants to retire now that he is searching like a hunt dog for another opportunity.

Rafael Delaget
11-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Sickest crossover of AI's career.

Sanity
11-26-2009, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=Rafael Delaget

nev3rh00d
11-26-2009, 09:35 PM
he might say that he is retiring but he's not done. he will play in the nba again. book it

THIS!

usama123
11-26-2009, 09:35 PM
http://bazanye.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/nba_g_jordan_iverson_580.jpg

like many captions said to this pic,
AI was not afraid to go up against the best :bowdown:

AI you will be missed and i just HOPE you are back

brownheatley
11-26-2009, 10:49 PM
He took the sixers on a dream journey against two Lakers stars, and made them look dumb. He was the Question and then became the Answer. *** them haters beacause the guy was real when he played, and spoke from the heart. A guy that would talk about his mom and bring his kids on the stage.
The player with no rings, and alot of players want to wear the number 3. He wore the sleeve and fo sho everyone started to wear it. Never have I seen a player make Jordan look slow and old like he did in his rookie year on one dam play. I was even mad when he did that to MJ. Never have I seen a player
clown so many with a crossover, and make them fall flat. Antonio Daniels? Remember that? It was like he was in the NBA Street video game. I never seen him bragg and get in players face when he did a tip jam over them or crossed them over. A rookie who scored like 40 points like 5 straight games and was the number one pick at 6'1. Man like come on there is never gonna be another Iverson. He took Tim Hardaways crossover and put style and grace in it even tho Timmy had a fast crosover as well. The guy had fallouts, on the court and off but the media always talk about the bad. **** the media too. They never talked about the time when Iverson when he seen accident on the road and turned around to help the person. Any other big player would have kept going except the real ol gees. If he plays again kewl if not kewl I payed my respects. Peace

sirkeelma
11-26-2009, 10:53 PM
My bro loves AI. He has tons of NBA cards including his rookies cards.

Jasper
11-26-2009, 11:28 PM
where's the retracted article or announcment ?? (proof)

help us out here ...http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154742

need to check page two ...

on radio Coach T. say's no.

artificial
11-26-2009, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=Rafael Delaget

iamgine
11-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Just wondering, hypothetically if he decide to retire from the NBA and finish his college education, is he eligible to play in the NCAA?

hassano
11-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Everybody badmouthing Iverson in this thread needs to kill themselves right now so the world's average IQ can ****ing skyrocket overnight.

This

Quizno
11-27-2009, 12:06 AM
just saw on the bottom of ESPN2: "Charlotte Bobcats coach Larry Brown will attempt to convince Allen Iverson not to retire" or something very similar to that.

come to charlotte, AI!

Hawksauce
11-27-2009, 12:11 AM

This post just won it all.

phoenix18
11-27-2009, 12:13 AM
just saw on the bottom of ESPN2: "Charlotte Bobcats coach Larry Brown will attempt to convince Allen Iverson not to retire" or something very similar to that.

come to charlotte, AI!

He has been talking about AI a lot recently.

I am trying to find this Philadelphia article I read where Brown was talking about Iverson.

EDIT: Here you go. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20091119_Sixers_Notes___Larry_Brown__Iverson_still _has__a_lot_to_offer_.html

Fatal9
11-27-2009, 12:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79WSHpMU894
Never seen one game, in which a player chucked for most of it (note the steals, Sixers won because of their defense and limiting Kobe), be used to save the legacy of a player like that one.

Iverson's chucking in the series:
18/41
10/29
12/30
12/30
14/32

StroShow4
11-27-2009, 12:27 AM
:oldlol: @ the thread title.

phoenix18
11-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Never seen one game, in which a player chucked for most of it (note the steals, Sixers won because of their defense and limiting Kobe), be used to save the legacy of a player like that one.

18/41
10/29
12/30
12/30
14/32

You feel special now?:sleeping

oh the horror
11-27-2009, 12:38 AM
One thing a thread like this does, is weed out specific people that just enjoy being negative, JUST for the sheer sake of being a loser, and flat out negative.

Thread says APPRECIATION fellas...if you cant find it in you, then perhaps you can try out another thread.

PistonsFan#21
11-27-2009, 12:39 AM

18/41
10/29
12/30
12/30
14/32

For once i agree with you. Give Vujacic this amount of shots and he will produce similar results

phoenix18
11-27-2009, 12:40 AM
One thing a thread like this does, is weed out specific people that just enjoy being negative, JUST for the sheer sake of being a loser, and flat out negative.

Thread says APPRECIATION fellas...if you cant find it in you, then perhaps you can try out another thread.

Pretty much. Fatal thinks he's cool.

ShaqAttack3234
11-27-2009, 01:32 AM
He has been talking about AI a lot recently.

I am trying to find this Philadelphia article I read where Brown was talking about Iverson.

EDIT: Here you go. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20091119_Sixers_Notes___Larry_Brown__Iverson_still _has__a_lot_to_offer_.html

AI to Charlotte, get it done. :cheers: I said all along that'd be a perfect fit.

wang4three
11-27-2009, 02:06 AM
Just wondering, hypothetically if he decide to retire from the NBA and finish his college education, is he eligible to play in the NCAA?
no.

JayGuevara
11-27-2009, 02:15 AM

18/41
10/29
12/30
12/30
14/32

Appreciation is even written in capitals and you ****ing nerds still can't figure it out?

It's like someone asking for a moment of silence, and you start shouting at the top of your lungs. At some point, you're just being a dick, you're no longer simply stating your opinion. And who really wants to be a giant bag of douche? It's not a good life pathway.

ArizaAttack24
11-27-2009, 02:19 AM
One thing I truly respected and honored about Allen Iverson was the fact that....He was original and wanted to be original. He didn't want to be the Next Michael Jordan like all the premier wing players today want to be. Allen Iverson wanted to be Allen Iverson and build his own legacy. He deserves true respect for that, he came up with his own moves and changed the entire game of basketball. I was never a fan of his style of play, but I was always a fan of how hard he played every night.

Hammertime
11-27-2009, 02:39 AM
I love the people who get mad about "haters" posting in this thread, yet they post in Iverson hate threads. Why would you ruin things for us?

BALLin01
11-27-2009, 03:08 AM
I love the people who get mad about "haters" posting in this thread, yet they post in Iverson hate threads. Why would you ruin things for us?

Why would you hate on one of the greatest basketball players ever? Hate is just uncalled for. People hate AI, Kobe, MJ, Bird etc. its really pointless, it doesn't do anyone any good, just bad, so haters GTFO out here with your pointless hate and let us AI fans celebrate about AI. Why do you think it says APPRECIATION on it?

Hammertime
11-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Why would you hate on one of the greatest basketball players ever? Hate is just uncalled for. People hate AI, Kobe, MJ, Bird etc. its really pointless, it doesn't do anyone any good, just bad, so haters GTFO out here with your pointless hate and let us AI fans celebrate about AI. Why do you think it says APPRECIATION on it?

Like I said, why do you mofos come into threads dissing Iverson in order to defend him? We had a very nice anti-Iverson thread going and it was even stickied until you nut-huggers ruined it.

Manute for Ever!
11-27-2009, 05:04 AM

18/41
10/29
12/30
12/30
14/32

Wrong thread, dip****. Log back in as Roundball Rock and try again.

Real Men Wear Green
11-27-2009, 05:51 AM
LB is slowly becoming Iverson's Michael Lohan.

francesco totti
11-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Like I said, why do you mofos come into threads dissing Iverson in order to defend him? We had a very nice anti-Iverson thread going and it was even stickied until you nut-huggers ruined it.

I dont have problems with haters. Players like kobe, AI get the hate because they are great players.
If a player is not great or bad, people would just ignore him.

IF AI recieves this much hate, it means one thing. He is one of the top players in the history of the game.

raptorfan_dr07
11-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Never seen one game, in which a player chucked for most of it be used to save the legacy of a player like that one.

18/41
10/29
12/30
12/30
14/32

I have:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeXZY4eVLlo

You want a playoff series as well? Here you are:
http://www.nba.com/finals2004/
These numbers look familiar to you?
10-27
14-27
4-13
8-25
7-21

GTFO with the negative BS, I can do the exact same crap for your hero like I just did above. This thread was progressing just fine until this idiot decided to stop in. I guess it's ok for me to hijack your stupid threads like "Kobe sick shots from last night" and rag on Kobe and tear him down just like you are doing to AI when people are trying to appreciate him. You truly are a sad and pathetic individual that seems to enjoy and feed off of negativity. I shudder to imagine what your life must be like. :rolleyes:

Batman
11-27-2009, 08:31 AM
AI will join the Lakers.

Doranku
11-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Allen Iverson is, and always will be, a basketball legend. 48/6/5/5 in the Finals on the road. :bowdown:

Really hope he doesn't retire and finds a team. Dude is still lightning quick with the ability to light it up anytime. Be a shame if he ends up retiring this early.

mrhoopfan
11-27-2009, 10:48 AM
The Bulls!!! Salmons off as the 6th man. 3 guard rotation of Rose, Iverson and Hinrich. Hinrich and Rose can both guard opposing shooting guards. And yes Iverson should START on this team

phoenix18
11-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Parade of NO's.

BigTicket
11-27-2009, 10:52 AM
If he'd fit anywhere its in Charlotte, they need the scoring, and they already have the size and defense to make up for his shortcomings.