PDA

View Full Version : Possible trades

tsforthrees
12-15-2009, 07:22 PM
when kenyon went down it was painfully obvious we need another big man. the only players we could really trade are Renaldo Balkman, Malik Allen's expiring contract, or Joey Graham as of today I think. The big men that are probably available and would come at a small price (like the three players I listed) are:

PF Joe Smith
C Aaron Gray
PF Solomon Jones
C Francisco Elson
C Ryan Hollins (if we threw in a pick)
PF Jason Smith
PF/C Fabricio Oberto

None of these players are really doing much for their current teams. I would probably prefer Oberto (experience on a contender and can shoot a little bit) or Hollins (would definitely need to throw in a pick though because Minnesota probably views him as good depth for the future)

Thoughts? Scenarios?

Pokerface
12-15-2009, 09:48 PM
I believe that B. Haywood from the Wizards would be a good addition for the Nuggets. They could trade Balkman and Graham or Balkman and Allen for him if the Wizards were interested.

Another possibility is to trade Balkman, or Allen and Graham to the Warriors for A. Randolph. There are rumors out that Randolph is on the Block. They could also trade a part of one of their TPE for Randolph.

Third option would be to bring up C. Simmons or Anthony Tolliver from the Idaho Stampede in the Devlopmental League. They both seem to be good rebounders and dependable scorers.

el gringos
12-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Balkman, allen, and graham have no trade value- nobody gives the nugs a player we want for 1 or all of these guys

Those trade exemptions on the other hand could have a lot of value- but the team is too cheap to take advantage of them- if ownership really was willing to pay for a contender it could be done, but it seems like its min wage players to surround the core for as long as we can see

Only since carmelos arrival have the nugs badly needed a 4/5 player who can stretch the floor w shooting and give carmelo space to keep him as an inside/out player- also need size defensivly-

So 7 footers who can shoot? There aren't many- didn't try for rasheed, couldn't get okur or prob even brad miller- I'd love if the team could add a piece long term like bargnani (who is way too valuble to get in a trade), spencer hawes, yi, or even jason smith would all be hard to get

Jason smith might be the only possible pickup due to being less valuble than the rest

Nugs have to get something out of kmarts contract before

paguy1955
12-17-2009, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=el gringos]Balkman, allen, and graham have no trade value- nobody gives the nugs a player we want for 1 or all of these guys

Those trade exemptions on the other hand could have a lot of value- but the team is too cheap to take advantage of them- if ownership really was willing to pay for a contender it could be done, but it seems like its min wage players to surround the core for as long as we can see

Only since carmelos arrival have the nugs badly needed a 4/5 player who can stretch the floor w shooting and give carmelo space to keep him as an inside/out player- also need size defensivly-

So 7 footers who can shoot? There aren't many- didn't try for rasheed, couldn't get okur or prob even brad miller- I'd love if the team could add a piece long term like bargnani (who is way too valuble to get in a trade), spencer hawes, yi, or even jason smith would all be hard to get

Jason smith might be the only possible pickup due to being less valuble than the rest

KRAYZIE
12-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Trust me, if the Nuggets sign Hollins, fights will break out between him and kmart on a regular basis. Whether it's at practice, during games, or team dinners, the two of 'em will be going at it nonstop.:oldlol:

tsforthrees
12-24-2009, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=el gringos]Balkman, allen, and graham have no trade value- nobody gives the nugs a player we want for 1 or all of these guys

tsforthrees
12-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Trust me, if the Nuggets sign Hollins, fights will break out between him and kmart on a regular basis. Whether it's at practice, during games, or team dinners, the two of 'em will be going at it nonstop.:oldlol:

well even nene fought with kenyon for a while. i think hollins would just be lucky to have a significant role on a championship contender.

if the wizards keep tanking i bet they'd want to unload haywood, and if that's the case he'd be my number one target if i was warkentien.

el gringos
12-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Why haywood- besides size and helping defensivly against 7 ftrs he doesn't fit what is needed- he clogs the lane up the same way kmart and bird do- and he doesn't run or move real well either- do you think of him as the 4th big or do you think of him at or above kmart or bird?

I liked your post from before, but I still just think we have the exact wrong type players alongside the top 4- the others need to complement the top 4's games (esp carmelo and nene)- too many rotation players on the nugs are not good enough scorers or shooters to keep defenses honest- this 1 on 2,3, or 4 is just too much-

So how can you trade the te's then- yi + dooling for te + 2 1sts wouldn't work?

el gringos
12-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Kmart for boris diaw + diop?

Gives size w diop, who could atleast compete w the mbenga's of the world and foul bynum/gasol + diaw be a huge upgrade offensively and help carmelo and nene so much that the downgrade defensively would be worth it

MJ(Mean John)
12-29-2009, 01:56 PM
So you guys need another big.

who is

[ ] 7 feet
[ ] plays defense
[ ] rebounds
[ ] blocks shots
[ ] can hit the open jumpshot
[ ] is a vet ?

(CHECK LIST)
RIGHT?

lets see..

[x] 7 feet
[x] plays defense
[x] rebounds
[x] blocks shots
[x] can hit the open jumpshot
[x] is a vet ?

Who meets these? Well,

Marcus Camby.lol

and guess what? he knows the system...

kurple
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Camby didn't play defense.

He was horrible on offense, skill vise and shot selection..

I would take Bird over him 17 days a week

MJ(Mean John)
12-31-2009, 12:51 AM

The man won the defensive player of the year???

if he didnt play defense, then that means the whole league doesnt play defense?

Kobe8
12-31-2009, 01:50 PM
So you guys need another big.

who is

[ ] 7 feet
[ ] plays defense
[ ] rebounds
[ ] blocks shots
[ ] can hit the open jumpshot
[ ] is a vet ?

(CHECK LIST)
RIGHT?

lets see..

[x] 7 feet
[x] plays defense
[x] rebounds
[x] blocks shots
[x] can hit the open jumpshot
[x] is a vet ?

Who meets these? Well,

Marcus Camby.lol

and guess what? he knows the system...

Actually he's not 7'0 last time i checked he stands 6'10 or 6'11 , did he grow? lolll

NuggetsFan
01-04-2010, 10:05 PM

I wouldn't go that far. He played very good weak side\help defense. He was extremely overrated tho. He blocked some shots and rebounded the **** out of the ball and he grabbed an award because of it.

I'd really like Hawes but I seriously doubt we have anything to pry him away. Jason Smith has impressed me a few times when I've seen him. Be a big with some size that can grab some boards and shoot the 3 in limited minutes off the bench and seems like he'd be a realistic option as well.

el gringos
01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't go that far. He played very good weak side\help defense. He was extremely overrated tho. He blocked some shots and rebounded the **** out of the ball and he grabbed an award because of it.

I'd really like Hawes but I seriously doubt we have anything to pry him away. Jason Smith has impressed me a few times when I've seen him. Be a big with some size that can grab some boards and shoot the 3 in limited minutes off the bench and seems like he'd be a realistic option as well.

exactly- hawes prob is un gettable, maybe smith could be gotten- its size and outside shooting that would benifit carmelo, but also help out nene, kmart, or birdman depending on who he's on the floor w

What would a realistic way to get smith be- 2 1sts too many for nugs? 1 1st not enough for philly? If willing to take on th contract would te + 1 1st work for smith if nugs took a contract like kapono on?

kurple
01-07-2010, 03:35 AM
two 1sts for Jason Smith is WAAY to much... I'd give maybe two 2nd round picks

el gringos
01-07-2010, 11:41 AM
two 1sts for Jason Smith is WAAY to much... I'd give maybe two 2nd round picks

I agree that 2 1sts is too much- 2 2nds or 1 1st would be a great deal for nugs- would they take that though? Prob not

The future does not look good for 7 footers coming into the nba, it will be hard to get bigger in the draft anyway + the last colorado guy the nugs brought is working out all right

As unlikely as a big trade is it seems more likely that it would need to be a multi team trade to get value out of the te's and any pick/s

Remember it cost a 1st for petro, wouldn't smith cost more- mostly just saying even as a good fit a trade seems unlikely

Nugs should sign lester hudson with both pg's banged up

InspiredLebowski
01-12-2010, 04:27 AM
At all realistic?

IND
IN: Z + cash (bought out, back to Cavs in 30 days)
Renaldo Balkman (bought out, who cares)
Ty Lawson

CLE
Troy Murphy
Malik Allen

DEN
Jeff Foster
Cleveland 2010 1st rounder

el gringos
01-12-2010, 04:20 PM
At all realistic?

IND
IN: Z + cash (bought out, back to Cavs in 30 days)
Renaldo Balkman (bought out, who cares)
Ty Lawson

CLE
Troy Murphy
Malik Allen

DEN
Jeff Foster
Cleveland 2010 1st rounder

No- lawsons value is high right now- way higher than a cleveland 1st- even w turning balkman and allen into foster its still not close imo

el gringos
01-13-2010, 05:04 PM
So at least a couple article talk about as we all expected that lawsons value is high and maybe the key to making any trade- and as most of you all expected it sounds the front office is unwilling to deal lawson

I think you trade him for a lottery pick or as the piece to get a bigger deal done to move kmart, but otherwise he can't be traded or it opens up the big hole that we had before at pg

kurple
01-14-2010, 08:17 AM
I don't understand why you want to move KMart. He's a bit overplayed, but he's playing like an 10+mill player this season IMO..

At least wait one season and trade him as an 17mill expiring...

And Lawson is as close to untouchable as possible

el gringos
01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
I don't understand why you want to move KMart. He's a bit overplayed, but he's playing like an 10+mill player this season IMO..

At least wait one season and trade him as an 17mill expiring...

And Lawson is as close to untouchable as possible

I just don't think lawson should be untouchable- why? To me players that are untouchable are players who you couldn't get eqaul or better value for- imo you could get twice lawsons value in a trade possibly- could you get 2 superstars for carmelo, no- could you get a consistent star for jr, no- could you get a better big for nene, no

You have to understand that both ability and opportunity are important in these guys chances of success at the nba level- I'm a believer that there were thousands of guys that would have looked great stepping into a battle w ac- lawson is playing well and is effective at what he does, but he isn't a guy I'd want as a starter ever and if another team thinks of him as a starter I think he has to be atleast considered for a trade

I love kmarts game- but he isn't worth a 1/4th of the cap- and that's if he's healthy- with the organizations unwillingness to have a bigger payroll it makes him a luxery that a cheap team can't afford- I'm all about the trade him when he's an expirer, but even more important imo is trade him while he's healthy- you shouldn't gamble if your broke

To me untouchable is carmelo, nene, billups, and I don't think anyone gives up the value jr can have for this franchise going forward

el gringos
01-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Lawson and a 2nd for randy foye?

Geandily
01-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Lawson must not be traded, we have no depth at PG.

K-Mart is the soul of our defense, he cannot be traded.

Nene cannot be traded, we don't have enough depth at center.

I haven't watched the Nuggets enough this season to know exactly what we need but I do know that we can't lose either of those three guys.

paguy1955
01-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Lawson must not be traded, we have no depth at PG.

K-Mart is the soul of our defense, he cannot be traded.

Nene cannot be traded, we don't have enough depth at center.

I haven't watched the Nuggets enough this season to know exactly what we need but I do know that we can't lose either of those three guys.

Very true ... For any trade gonna have to give up something. And whatever we give up will end up doing more harm than good!:rant

ljsbb27
01-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Would you guys take John Salmons and Aaron Gray for JR Smith?

And/Or Tyrus Thomas if we could find a 3rd team to be a part of the deal to make the numbers work...

jello212
01-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Lawson and a 2nd for randy foye?

You want to trade Lawson AND a 2nd round pick for Foye? You do realize that Lawson's a better shooter, passer, and a better rebounder despite being 5" shorter?

el gringos
01-26-2010, 03:13 AM
You want to trade Lawson AND a 2nd round pick for Foye? You do realize that Lawson's a better shooter, passer, and a better rebounder despite being 5" shorter?

You forgot to talk about one of the nuggets main weaknesses- defending gaurds- foye is chauncey billups jr and is just the perfect example of why lawson has to be considered tradeable- what if you could turn lawson into a randy foye type talent? Not only is foye a better player than lawson but he's a better fit- karl will play ac in the playoffs because he will want a defensive gaurd- that would be a great trade for the nugs- look at these kids here, lawsons value is high- and I bet they still don't notice that the other teams want lawson and kmart shooting

Jr for haywood or salmons type talent trades are very retarted-

KRAYZIE
01-26-2010, 03:17 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2v9on87.jpg
:D*dreams*

Just my 2 cents...still doesn't solve our issues upfront though. With JR struggling and Balkman never getting the chance to play, the only bad thing from that trade is Afflalo most likely seeing a reduction in mpg.

el gringos
01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
The #1 target for the nugs should be spencer hawes- 7 ft, young, and a great 3 point shooter- a perfect compliment to carmelo and nene

Just too bad nugs have little or nothing to trade- is it true that only a 2012 1st could used? The big te expired (they lied too us saying it wasn't just a financial move)

No way kings would take the s hunter te and a 1st + 2nds?

I'd much rather see picks traded for players that can help instead of just to save money- remember nugs paid a 1st to get rid of hunter, a 1st for petro, and 3 1sts for kmart- we have carmelo and nene through 2012 so that pick should be traded now along with whatever it takes for hawes- hawes and foye are the 2 perfect nugs

JerzeyBlaze
01-29-2010, 11:09 AM
i dont understand why u guys are talking trades when you have one of the best teams in the league right now...

InspiredLebowski
02-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Jeff Foster to the Nuggs is probably dead. One doctor's recommended back surgery, he's flying to LA to get a second opinion. Either way, he's probably not getting back on the floor this season, if ever.

MeLO MvP 15
02-13-2010, 12:53 PM
maybe tyrus thomas?? i would love, but other teams have more to offer.

also i dont think the camby rumors are true at all

el gringos
02-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Just a question- when thinking of a trade do you think of just players people on ish think are being traded or do you ever think of players who would fit in well w the nugs?

Seems like most here think the team needs another pf size big w no shooting ability- guys that would worsen the floor spacing problems even more- nugs don't need more guys the other team wants to shoot- its got to be shooters or guys bigger than nene to help out the post D

kurple
02-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Just a question- when thinking of a trade do you think of just players people on ish think are being traded or do you ever think of players who would fit in well w the nugs?

Seems like most here think the team needs another pf size big w no shooting ability- guys that would worsen the floor spacing problems even more- nugs don't need more guys the other team wants to shoot- its got to be shooters or guys bigger than nene to help out the post D

We have enough shooters, we need someone with size who can rebound and play hard..

Go away.

BirdNasty
02-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Is Denver ever going to make a trade???

MeloMike
02-16-2010, 01:33 PM
We have enough shooters, we need someone with size who can rebound and play hard..
Go away.

+1

kurple
02-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Is Denver ever going to make a trade???

You know they are trying hard, but we don't really have any assets to trade.. Unless you trade key players and risk messing up the chemistry etc

BirdNasty
02-17-2010, 06:48 PM
You know they are trying hard, but we don't really have any assets to trade.. Unless you trade key players and risk messing up the chemistry etc
Thats true, I was just hoping that they would go after a big. Staudemeir would have been sick for us I think. But what do I know

BirdNasty
02-17-2010, 06:49 PM

I am also a Norwegian Nuggets fan bud

SprtsTmeMachine
06-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Found this website that discusses some off-season possibilities for the Nugs

http://themid-rangepull-up.blogspot.com/2010/05/denver-nuggets-off-season-shake-up.html

Lebron23
06-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Nuggets needs to acquire Emeka Okafor from the New Orleans Hornets.

el gringos
06-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Kmart for Beidrins + radmonovic

kurple
06-23-2010, 01:37 PM
JR -4- Biedrins
Move KMart to the bench
Miller -4- MLE

MeLO MvP 15
06-23-2010, 05:45 PM
JR -4- Biedrins
Move KMart to the bench
Miller -4- MLE
It would have to be JR, Balkman for Biedrins... it's risky... personally I'd only do this if Kenyon promise that he won't complain about a bench role and Miller shows some interest to come here...
Also GSW would have to draft Monroe or Cousins... or else they have no center...

Actually, now that I think about it... I wouldn't want Biedrins if we're giving up JR for him b/c i dont want to pay Biedrins 9 million a year to play like 20 mpg... seriously the team constructed right now would be better off getting a big in free agency or the draft... b/c unless we're trading either KMart or Nene, there won't be enough minutes to go around....

NuggetsFan
06-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Possible to jack the Warriors pick? I'm not sure what I'd want to give up for it. Would be awesome to somehow get it tho. Would be able to grab Monroe\Cousins and have a big for the future.

el gringos
06-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Possible to jack the Warriors pick? I'm not sure what I'd want to give up for it. Would be awesome to somehow get it tho. Would be able to grab Monroe\Cousins and have a big for the future.
Can't see that happening- we'd be lucky if gs would just give beidrins + radmonovic for kmart- if nugs could/were asking for more added it would be great if a couple picks could get randolph who they are down on added- just no way that they'd add a pick like that to get kmart

KRAYZIE
06-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Do we really want Biedrins paired up with Nene? The guy is Nene's near identical, except he rebounds a little bit more and blocks a couple more. Both very unselfish guys who shoot very high percentages from the field. Both however, not known for their defense. Sure it makes us bigger up front, but the two are so damn alike that teams are going to figure out how to play them right away. Can you imagine guys just hacking away at Beidrins in crucial game times knowing that the guy can't make a free throw to save his own life?

You also gotta deal with the fact that he's been hurt for a while now, how do we know this is going to be the same guy from 2 years ago? There's just too many too many risks and even though I'd love to get rid of KMarts gargantuan contract for a big, I don't think it would be wise to go for someone like Biedrins when we already have Nene.

Also, VRad is crap. Horrible shooter and currently injured. What's he done recently for one to say, "oh man this guy is pretty good?" At best, he's an okay backup, but not for 7 mil, even if it's expiring. Sorry Rad.

MeLO MvP 15
06-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Do we really want Biedrins paired up with Nene? The guy is Nene's near identical, except he rebounds a little bit more and blocks a couple more. Both very unselfish guys who shoot very high percentages from the field. Both however, not known for their defense. Sure it makes us bigger up front, but the two are so damn alike that teams are going to figure out how to play them right away. Can you imagine guys just hacking away at Beidrins in crucial game times knowing that the guy can't make a free throw to save his own life?

You also gotta deal with the fact that he's been hurt for a while now, how do we know this is going to be the same guy from 2 years ago? There's just too many too many risks and even though I'd love to get rid of KMarts gargantuan contract for a big, I don't think it would be wise to go for someone like Biedrins when we already have Nene.

Also, VRad is crap. Horrible shooter and currently injured. What's he done recently for one to say, "oh man this guy is pretty good?" At best, he's an okay backup, but not for 7 mil, even if it's expiring. Sorry Rad.

Do you know anything about Biedrins... now I'm not saying he's a great center, but you pretty much described the opposite of him... he's actually a great fit next to Nene IMO... Biedrins is a defensive rebounding center with no offensive skills... he shoots a high percentage b/c he only shoots lay ups and put packs... so he actually is a good fit next to Nene... is he the best player we could get for KMart? no... but he's better than having KMart b/c at this point KMart might not even be healthy for training camp

KRAYZIE
06-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Do you know anything about Biedrins... now I'm not saying he's a great center, but you pretty much described the opposite of him... he's actually a great fit next to Nene IMO... Biedrins is a defensive rebounding center with no offensive skills... he shoots a high percentage b/c he only shoots lay ups and put packs... so he actually is a good fit next to Nene... is he the best player we could get for KMart? no... but he's better than having KMart b/c at this point KMart might not even be healthy for training camp
So you're telling me that the two are shockingly similar, except the guy can rebound a little more and therefore make a good fit?:oldlol:

As for your point about KMart being injured, how is Biedrins any less injury prone than KMart at this point? The guy played how many games last season? And what's he doing right now? Oh the same thing Kenyon is doing, recouping from a serious injury.