PDA

View Full Version : Nate Robinson wants to be a Celtic..

TruthKGRay3412
12-21-2009, 11:33 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2RTL1smXKAQ/Sy-DgTLNmYI/AAAAAAAAA8k/FK_3lhMfOds/s640/krypto-nate-dunk-over-superman-dwight-howard.jpg
via espn.com
http://www.celticslife.com/2009/12/nate-robinson-wants-to-be-celtic.html

Robinson does want out, and a source close to the Robinson camp tells ESPN.com there's one place the former slam-dunk champion would truly like to land if a trade can be worked out: Boston.

Robinson also is what's known as a base-year compensation player, a designation given to any player whose salary rises more than 20 percent from the previous season (Robinson went from making $2.02 million to $4 million). If the Knicks found a trade for Robinson that was to his liking, they could only take back a player making $2.02 million or less -- and Walsh has been adamant that he will not take on any contracts that eat up the cap space he has squirreled away for next summer. (Note: A trade of Robinson to Boston for J.R. Giddens and Bill Walker would work under salary cap rules, but would add nearly $2 million to the Knicks' 2010-11 payroll. A Robinson-Marquis Daniels swap -- with all deals possibly brokered through a third team -- would make more sense for New York payroll-wise, but it is questionable whether that would interest the Celtics -- even with Daniels sidelined until the All-Star break by thumb surgery.)

JR Giddens + Bill Walker for Kryptonate..make it happen Ainge..he could be a nice bench player for us.

konex
12-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Lakers need to try to get this guy somehow. We need someone off the bench who can create their own offense. I would hate to trade Farmar or Shannon though...

niko
12-21-2009, 11:40 AM
No. Why do the Knicks do a trade that doesn't benefit us at all because someone is a malcontent? Take back Jefferies, and get Nate. Or send us a pick and get Nate. (As well as not adding salary.) He doesn't listen to coach, gets benched, so he deserves a trade to a contender?

Teams do not owe players playing time. They owe them a resonable chance to compete for playing time, and they gave Nate that, and he responded by doing the same stupid **** he always does, and got benched. If they were losing i'd understand but they are winning without him in the rotation.

TMT
12-21-2009, 11:41 AM
You want another Eddie House?

JohnnySic
12-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm still hoping for a defensive wing (Shane Battier!) in exchange for the trade chips (Scal expirer, Tony Allen expirer, Giddens filler).

I wouldn't mind getting Robisnson but not really sure what his role would be...

Knicks101
12-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Take Jeffries and you can have him free of charge.

Poodle
12-21-2009, 12:05 PM
No. Why do the Knicks do a trade that doesn't benefit us at all because someone is a malcontent? Take back Jefferies, and get Nate. Or send us a pick and get Nate. (As well as not adding salary.) He doesn't listen to coach, gets benched, so he deserves a trade to a contender?

Teams do not owe players playing time. They owe them a resonable chance to compete for playing time, and they gave Nate that, and he responded by doing the same stupid **** he always does, and got benched. If they were losing i'd understand but they are winning without him in the rotation.

why would most teams give up any assets for a player that will be a unrestricted FA at the end of the season? unless its Boston, Lakers, or another contender theres no sense of urgency whatsoever to get Nate.

Nate is being dumb though. He wouldn't get much run in Boston even if it gives him a good chance at a ring. Following in Marbury's footsteps isn't a good idea either especially since Marbury was on the decline and Nate hasn't even come into his own yet. Nate needs to shut the hell up if he wants his situation to improve otherwise he's going to stay on the bench with the Knicks or get his wish and regret it sitting the pine in Boston. Nates a dumbass but i still love LiL HIM! His agent needs to take control and tell Nate to stfu and put him in a position where he'll get shots and playing time. He can worry about rings when he reaches Marbury's/Cassells age and decline.

whats laughable to me is half the Knick fans here pretend like nobody wants Nate4 and yet when trade discussions come up they get all pissy about letting him go for peanuts. So which is it? haha i didn't even know he got 6th man of the year votes last year. I hope Nate walks for nothing. Most Knick fans here don't deserve compensation for a player they pretend isn't worth anythinhg.

Nate needs to push for the Bulls, Heat, maybe even Grizzlies or Sacramento type teams.

GreatHILL
12-21-2009, 12:23 PM
nate is garbage

Bigsmoke
12-21-2009, 12:37 PM
The Celtics does not need him.

rfm767
12-21-2009, 12:43 PM
who cares about the celtics?

drinkingforfun
12-21-2009, 12:48 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2RTL1smXKAQ/Sy-DgTLNmYI/AAAAAAAAA8k/FK_3lhMfOds/s640/krypto-nate-dunk-over-superman-dwight-howard.jpg
via espn.com
http://www.celticslife.com/2009/12/nate-robinson-wants-to-be-celtic.html

JR Giddens + Bill Walker for Kryptonate..make it happen Ainge..he could be a nice bench player for us.

This guy is ridiculous...hey trade me to a contender so I can come back and stick it to you.

Poodle
12-21-2009, 12:51 PM
he should go to the Magic to be united with Dwight. I didn't even think of that and Dwight could probably help push for it considering his clout and they won't likely have to give up much. They could also use some depth at the guard positions.

lukekarts
12-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Who doesn't want to play for the Celtics?!

On a more serious note, how about to Orlando for Adonal Foyle? Nate can team up with Dwight for more highlight reel dunks :rockon:

lukekarts
12-21-2009, 12:54 PM
he should go to the Magic to be united with Dwight. I didn't even think of that and Dwight could probably help push for it considering his clout and they won't likely have to give up much. They could also use some depth at the guard positions.

Great minds think alike :cheers:

Poodle
12-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Great minds think alike :cheers:

hehe i have to give credit to truthkgray i wouldn't have thought of that until i saw his pics :cheers:

Dwight even talked about Nate in some quote i read and how much teams could use him.

ProfessorMurder
12-21-2009, 01:00 PM
If they can figure out how to use him, I won't mind... But I doubt it happens.

Lyoto15
12-21-2009, 01:38 PM

My thoughts exactly !

crisoner
12-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Lakers need to try to get this guy somehow. We need someone off the bench who can create their own offense. I would hate to trade Farmar or Shannon though...

No we don't need him.

niko
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM
why would most teams give up any assets for a player that will be a unrestricted FA at the end of the season? unless its Boston, Lakers, or another contender theres no sense of urgency whatsoever to get Nate.

Nate is being dumb though. He wouldn't get much run in Boston even if it gives him a good chance at a ring. Following in Marbury's footsteps isn't a good idea either especially since Marbury was on the decline and Nate hasn't even come into his own yet. Nate needs to shut the hell up if he wants his situation to improve otherwise he's going to stay on the bench with the Knicks or get his wish and regret it sitting the pine in Boston. Nates a dumbass but i still love LiL HIM! His agent needs to take control and tell Nate to stfu and put him in a position where he'll get shots and playing time. He can worry about rings when he reaches Marbury's/Cassells age and decline.

whats laughable to me is half the Knick fans here pretend like nobody wants Nate4 and yet when trade discussions come up they get all pissy about letting him go for peanuts. So which is it? haha i didn't even know he got 6th man of the year votes last year. I hope Nate walks for nothing. Most Knick fans here don't deserve compensation for a player they pretend isn't worth anythinhg.

Nate needs to push for the Bulls, Heat, maybe even Grizzlies or Sacramento type teams.

The Knicks can only look at this through their perspective. The Knicks have no need to trade an asset unless it betters their position. Trading Nate for a different expirere who also cannot contribute makes no sense. Do we "owe" Nate? Is he disrupting the team? (NO) Do we need to help the Celtics somehow?

I know you have a bug up your ass about the Knicks but it still makes no sense to them to trade Nate unless it benefits them somehow.

crisoner
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM

Oh let me see....

LeBron
Kobe
Dwight
Wade
Artest
Gasol
Lamar
Roy
Ariza
Melo
Smith
etc.

BUCK FOSTON!!!!!!!

bagelred
12-21-2009, 01:43 PM
The Knicks can only look at this through their perspective. The Knicks have no need to trade an asset unless it betters their position. Trading Nate for a different expirere who also cannot contribute makes no sense. Do we "owe" Nate? Is he disrupting the team? (NO) Do we need to help the Celtics somehow?

I know you have a bug up your ass about the Knicks but it still makes no sense to them to trade Nate unless it benefits them somehow.

Why would the Knicks trade Nate for nothing? If Hughes, Douglas, or Duhon goes down, they are going to need Nate.

Is that all it takes now? A guy is unhappy for a week and a half, and a team is forced to trade him?

Trust me, Knicks can't trade him anyway. Nate's BYC amount will make it almost impossible, unless its in a bigger deal involving JJ or EC.

MaxFly
12-21-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm still hoping for a defensive wing (Shane Battier!) in exchange for the trade chips (Scal expirer, Tony Allen expirer, Giddens filler).

I wouldn't mind getting Robisnson but not really sure what his role would be...

Exactly... I don't think we necessarily need him... We're not going to cut back Rondo's minutes for Nate and we'd be too undersized in the backcourt if we were to play them together for stretches. Sorry Nate... You should try either Houston or Orlando.

Lyoto15
12-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Oh let me see....

LeBron
Kobe
Dwight
Wade
Artest
Gasol
Lamar
Roy
Ariza
Melo
Smith
etc.

BUCK FOSTON!!!!!!!

That those guys have something against boston, sure...But why would a scrub like Nate not want to be in Boston.

Im pretty sure all the "bench" players on nba teams, and even most of the starters would love to be a celtic or a laker.. Heck, they are championship teams.

I want to be on one of those teams too, Just not going to happen mister robinson.

crisoner
12-21-2009, 02:16 PM
That those guys have something against boston, sure...But why would a scrub like Nate not want to be in Boston.

Im pretty sure all the "bench" players on nba teams, and even most of the starters would love to be a celtic or a laker.. Heck, they are championship teams.

I want to be on one of those teams too, Just not going to happen mister robinson.

True...the Lakers and Celts are a scrubs wet dream.

crisoner
12-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Exactly... I don't think we necessarily need him... We're not going to cut back Rondo's minutes for Nate and we'd be too undersized in the backcourt if we were to play them together for stretches. Sorry Nate... You should try either Houston or Orlando.

Agreed Boston has no need for Nate with Rondo there.

But Shane to the Celtics??? Just why would the Rockets do that?
Celtics don't have Laker Gasol jack moves GTFOH. lol

bagelred
12-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Here's the explanation as to why it will be so tough to trade Nate Robinson. Well done by the New York Times:

[QUOTE]The other roadblock is Base Year Compensation, or BYC. It

Poodle
12-21-2009, 02:35 PM

yeah but you guys want value for him before the end of the season, right? i mean you get nothing at all for Nate if you let him walk at the end.

From what it sounds like its difficult to trade Nate based on that BYC. Walsh seems sympathetic to this being Nates contract year where he needs to play, and given that D Antoni won't play him and seems almost to challenge and mock anyone who asks him, i don't see this thing fixing itself where Nate stays. I think the ONLY reason Nate wants to stay is because of his relationship with a lot of the fans that go to their games that love and chant his name but he needs to accept the coach isn't going to ever give him what he wants and he needs to get out of Dodge. Its why its dumb for him to go to the Celtics since he'll be in the same position riding the pine.

Its retarded for any young player who still needs to establish themselves to go to a stacked team and its laughable how agents allow their players to make those idiot mistakes constantly. Like i said players winding down their careers and have already made their miilliions like Marbury/Cassell makes sense to get a last shot at a ring but the last thing any player who hasn't and has a lot to prove should be doing is going to the Celtics where they won't get any run, and very limited touches. Its just so retarded how everyone pretends its alwasy in everyones best interest to go to a contender :rolleyes:

JohnnySic
12-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Agreed Boston has no need for Nate with Rondo there.

But Shane to the Celtics??? Just why would the Rockets do that?
Celtics don't have Laker Gasol jack moves GTFOH. lol
Haha just me being hopeful; Shane Battier would be the perfect "final piece" in exchange for the salary expirer dumps. But its doesn't necessarily have to be him, just someone of that type.

dbugz
12-21-2009, 03:14 PM
No, Thanks.

-Danny A.

RaininThrees
12-21-2009, 03:16 PM
And I want to be a millionaire.

triangleoffense
12-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Haha just me being hopeful; Shane Battier would be the perfect "final piece" in exchange for the salary expirer dumps. But its doesn't necessarily have to be him, just someone of that type.

Don't you think you guys have enough good/great perimeter defends in TA, Daniels, Pierce and Allen? Sure Battier might give Pierce/Allen a little bit of a break but with all the new pieces in there how would you fit in his minutes? I wouldn't be surprised at the Knicks giving away Robinson to the Celtics again just like they gave Starbury away last year(waivers).

IInvented
12-21-2009, 03:17 PM
who cares about the celtics?
why you wet?

JohnnySic
12-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Don't you think you guys have enough good/great perimeter defends in TA, Daniels, Pierce and Allen?
The thing is, none of these guys is truly an elite defender; TAllen may be the best aside perhaps from Pierce (and TAllen would be the one to go as an expirer). The Celtics have difficulty guarding teams that are strong on the perimiter like the Hawks and Magic, teams with tall wing scorers; that's their most glaring weakness. Battier would help alleviate that, and also guard LeBron, and Kobe if/when it came to that.

Why would the Rockets consider it? $6 million in expiring contracts. Lets be realistic, the Rockets are not legit contenders. Might as well clear salary in anticipation of the geratest free agent class of all time, and take a stab...

TAllen/Scalabrine/Giddens for Battier. I hope Danny is listening....

Finger Roll
12-21-2009, 03:32 PM
no idea why the celts would do this...

they already have good bench scorers and don't need the distraction

RoTM
12-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Knicks know they actually need somebody on their roster next year besides whoever they are hoarding cap for. They can say they don't want to take back salary but I bet they would take a pg prospect on rookie salary that fits in nates byc or as part of a larger deal to move someone they don't intend to resign.

dbugz
12-21-2009, 03:33 PM
The thing is, none of these guys is truly an elite defender; TAllen may be the best aside perhaps from Pierce (and TAllen would be the one to go as an expirer). The Celtics have difficulty guarding teams that are strong on the perimiter like the Hawks and Magic, teams with tall wing scorers; that's their most glaring weakness. Battier would help alleviate that, and also guard LeBron, and Kobe if/when it came to that.

Very True.

We badly need a legit lockdown defender who have a decent outside shooting ala James Posey. Daniels is good but I can't see him guarding the likes of Bryant and LeBron comes playoffs.

triangleoffense
12-21-2009, 03:51 PM

Why would the Rockets consider it? $6 million in expiring contracts. Lets be realistic, the Rockets are not legit contenders. Might as well clear salary in anticipation of the geratest free agent class of all time, and take a stab...

TAllen/Scalabrine/Giddens for Battier. I hope Danny is listening....

Yea, but who is Boston's backup PG? I was just saying Boston is pretty full in the SG/SF position with Pierce, TA, ray ray and Daniels. I would say Boston's strength is their ability to throw multiple defenders at teams. It was one defender who held bryant in check it was every SF on their team. It's not like Posey is a lockdown defender, he was just their best defender at the time. Boston would close with the best defensive lineup in the league in Posey, Allen, Pierce, Garnett and Perkins. There was no someone was going to take it in the paint through that. Without a deep bench that wouldn't be possible, especially considering how many minutes the big three have put up. I say with a good backup PG, Rondo/backup would expose any PG matchup in the league. Especially out of Atlanta/Cleveland/Orlando/LA

bdreason
12-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Half the league wants to be a Celtic. :oldlol:

dbugz
12-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Yea, but who is Boston's backup PG?

House and even Daniels & Ray can play the 1. I don't think there's any problem on our PG position. Defense on 2 & 3 is what I'm worried about.

bagelred
12-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Of course, it makes absolutely no sense for Nate to be a Celtic because he wouldn't even play, would he?

My guess is still Nate remains a Knicks for rest of season. I think Coach D will eventually start getting him minutes again, even as stubborn as MDA is.

kNIOKAS
12-21-2009, 04:58 PM
i hope celtics would not accept robinson to the team

Real Men Wear Green
12-21-2009, 05:10 PM
So long as the Cs have House it'd be pointless. A deal would only make sense if the Knicks were just giving him away. And not for Bill Walker either, he still may have a future role on the team.

B-Diddy=2Easy
12-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Don't you think you guys have enough good/great perimeter defends in TA, Daniels, Pierce and Allen? Sure Battier might give Pierce/Allen a little bit of a break but with all the new pieces in there how would you fit in his minutes? I wouldn't be surprised at the Knicks giving away Robinson to the Celtics again just like they gave Starbury away last year(waivers).

Wait, wait, wait, wait.... did this guy just call Ray Allen a good/ great perimeter defender?

Bigsmoke
12-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Half the league wants to be a Celtic. :oldlol:

BINGO

NBA4EVER
12-21-2009, 06:50 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2649/4204000833_d610188d85_o.jpg

thejusman1
12-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Free Nate Robinson!!!

OneMoreSucka
12-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Ray Allen for Nate, make it happen Walsh.

Poodle
12-21-2009, 10:03 PM
http://www.orbitseeker.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/_42585231_robinson416.jpg

Nate winning the dunk contest!

Poodle
12-21-2009, 10:06 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cko37vffM9qs/220x.jpg

Nate schooling Lee on where he wants him to be, like a true floor general!

Poodle
12-21-2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/knicks/feed_061221_nate.jpg

Nate helping the homeless!

Poodle
12-21-2009, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXvXwtvDuA4&feature=player_embedded

Nate is 5'9 and almost as tall as Letterman!

Knicks101
12-21-2009, 10:15 PM
We get it, you want his weiner in your ass.

Poodle
12-21-2009, 10:18 PM
http://media.scout.com/media/image/31/316014.jpg

Nate, multi sport athlete!

Poodle
12-21-2009, 10:20 PM
http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/snooki.gif

Knicks101 getting knocked out!

pete's montreux
12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Absolutely not. I wouldn't take Nate for free.

elementally morale
12-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Me too, where do I sign?

elementally morale
12-21-2009, 10:27 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cko37vffM9qs/220x.jpg

Nate schooling Lee on where he wants him to be, like a true floor general!
:roll: