PDA

View Full Version : Rockets and Tracy McGrady agree to try to part ways (Dec 28)

Raj Da Dodge
12-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Tracy McGrady’s tenure with the Rockets, which began with predictions of multiple championships and "great things happening in the city of Houston," is likely over.

The Rockets and McGrady came to a "mutual agreement" Monday to seek to trade McGrady , a person with the Rockets with knowledge of talks between McGrady’s representatives and general manager Daryl Morey said.

With Rockets coach Rick Adelman still unable to predict when McGrady will get significant playing time, McGrady’s representatives asked that the Rockets trade McGrady.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6789894.html

OMG I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK RIGHT NOW!!!...My heart is pounding right now...and i'm mindless...wow...umm i don't know what to say! Just reporting the news btw! So what'd yall say???

Abraham Lincoln
12-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Rocket Greatness just orgasmed.

Raj Da Dodge
12-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Rocket Greatness just orgasmed.
I'm not him just to let u know...I been here forever and this has only been my only account...

ZeN
Didnt we already know this?

1~Gibson~1
he should go to Phoenix. they do a good job of keeping Nash and Hill alive and they did a good job of keeping Shaq alive too.

Abraham Lincoln
12-28-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not him just to let u know...I been here forever and this has only been my only account...
Of course not. His sn are all very easily distinguishable. :cheers:

bomber
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6789894.html

OMG I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK RIGHT NOW!!!...My heart is pounding right now...and i'm mindless...wow...umm i don't know what to say! Just reporting the news btw! So what'd yall say???

I think this has more to do with the surprising start they have and Tracy's history of losing than his current knee issue. I think that they feel Yao's presence and the newly emerged young core, plus some cap breathing room or the return they get for T-Mac puts them in better position than catering to a perennial loser.

ZeN

Yeeeeah.. but thats what all his other accounts say.. :oldlol:

just kidding

John Smith
he should go to Chicago...Perfect Match.

AKADS
12-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Cleveland better try to get him.

Him as a 3 with LeBron at 4 in a running lineup. Common Ferry

1~Gibson~1
12-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Cleveland better try to get him.

Him as a 3 with LeBron at 4 in a running lineup. Common Ferry
thing is, we'll have to either give up Shaq or too much

lilojmayo
12-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Nuggets

pete's montreux
12-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Boston.

Just kidding.

John Smith
12-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Nuggets

liloj who?

He's a nobody.

Kevin Love is better.

Knicks101
12-28-2009, 09:20 PM
He'll be a Knick in no time.

1~Gibson~1
12-28-2009, 09:21 PM
http://www.rc-hr.com/esp/Portals/20/breaking-news.gif

sorry bagel. had to do it :D

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2009, 09:22 PM
If the Rockets felt like Shaq was a mistake it'd be a good move. probably not ready to give up on him like that though. Miami should consider going for him to get some more cap space. As an added bonus, he might even be a short-term improvement.

pete's montreux
I'm gonna venture to say Miami will make a run for him.

pete's montreux
If the Rockets felt like Shaq was a mistake it'd be a good move. probably not ready to give up on him like that though. Miami should consider going for him to get some more cap space. As an added bonus, he might even be a short-term improvement.

WTF Get outta my head.

cotdt
Where will he go?

AKADS
12-28-2009, 09:24 PM
I hadn't read the atricle thought they just bought him out. Since most poster already new he had left the team and asked for a trade.

It he gets bought out or if we could trade Big Z, Boobie and Pick or 3 Million Cash and have The ROckets buy out Big Z. could save Houston a lot of money between Salarie, Luxury Tax and the Cash.

Wont happen but would be nice

bdreason
12-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Trading T-Mac is easier said than done.

The other team is going to have to give up good talent, or draft picks.

Diesel J
12-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Please T-Mac, stay away from the celtics, Lakers, orlando and Denver:rant

YAWN
12-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Please T-Mac, stay away from the celtics, Lakers, orlando and Denver:rant
i don't think any of those teams have the assets to match the 22 million dollar salary without messing up what they have already.

lilojmayo
12-28-2009, 09:29 PM
i don't think any of those teams have the assets to match the 22 million dollar salary without messing up what they have already.

Nuggets Kenyon has a big contract. They can start Mcgrady at 2 guard. Bring JR off the bench of explosive scoring even run Mcgrady at some 1.

1~Gibson~1
12-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I hadn't read the atricle thought they just bought him out. Since most poster already new he had left the team and asked for a trade.

It he gets bought out or if we could trade Big Z, Boobie and Pick or 3 Million Cash and have The ROckets buy out Big Z. could save Houston a lot of money between Salarie, Luxury Tax and the Cash.

Wont happen but would be nice
i dont think you could trade money in place of a player either

you have to trade contract for contract

BFRESH44
12-28-2009, 09:32 PM
A trade is not going to work, he has a massive cap number. And add on to the fact that no one is going to give up anything of significant value for a broken McGrady..This will end with a buy-out.

Raj Da Dodge
12-28-2009, 09:33 PM
ok what does buy out mean?? what does it mean when a team buys out a player?

tontoz
12-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Tmac left Orlando in 2004 to be on a contender and play with a dominant big man. :lol

YAWN
12-28-2009, 09:37 PM
ok what does buy out mean?? what does it mean when a team buys out a player?
you pay him money and release him. he then goes off and signs with another team. see stephon marbury last year

Knicks101
12-28-2009, 09:38 PM
76ers
Bulls
Heat
Knicks
Nets
Timberwolves

These are the only teams that could trade for T-Mac in my opinion. Not from a need standpoint, just based on their contracts.

Raj Da Dodge
12-28-2009, 09:38 PM
you pay him money and release him. he then goes off and signs with another team. see stephon marbury last year
so do we stop paying him when his contract is over this summer?

AKADS
12-28-2009, 09:40 PM
i dont think you could trade money in place of a player either

you have to trade contract for contract

I am pretty sure you can trade up to 3 Million dollars in a trade to make it work under the cap I'll look it up.

After looking it up Cash can be used in a trade up to 3 Million but it is not used to match the salaries but the Cavs still have Wally who they could S+T and still trade that 3 million to allow the Rockets to buy him out with.

BALLin01
12-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Kapono + Dalembert for T-Mac

AznTacoLover
12-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Huh... Oh snap, I don't think a trade would work.. his contract is alittle too big

Maniak
12-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Im interested to see where he will go.

BALLin01
12-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Worked on the ESPN trade machine. Get it done Ed!

rezznor
12-28-2009, 09:52 PM
The Houston Rockets have granted Tracy McGrady an indefinite leave from the team and will work with his representatives to find a new home for the seven-time All-Star via trade, according to sources close to the process.
McGrady
McGrady

Sources told ESPN.com on Monday that phone discussions between Rockets general manager Daryl Morey, coach Rick Adelman and one of McGrady's agents, Arn Tellem, led to an agreement that both sides would work together in pursuit of a palatable trade before the league's annual trading deadline on Feb. 18.

The Rockets, sources said, are adamant about not buying out the remainder of McGrady's $23 million expiring contract and enabling him to become a free agent during the season. Yet, they also remain unprepared to promise the extended minutes McGrady has been seeking.

Sources said the sides agreed Monday that the best compromise is letting McGrady leave the team to work out on his own in hopes that a deal can be struck and so his teammates and coaches will be spared from the distraction of daily questions about McGrady's status.

espn

D-Rose
12-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Finally...I'm still hoping he gets released and signs with the Lakers :lol

Pimpdaddy311991
12-28-2009, 09:53 PM
bull spittt they better not trade him for some ****ty guys i'll kill my self

Lakers13
12-28-2009, 10:08 PM
This is going to end in a buy out.

bagelred
12-28-2009, 10:11 PM

Yeah, baby!!!! Force that trade....haha

IMO, the Knicks have 2nd best chance of landing TMac via trade. As I said in previous thread, I thought there were only 6 realistic trade scenarios out there and out of those 6, only 3 had a decent chance of happening.

I still believe Bulls have best chance with a Brad Miller/Jerome James/filler combo, but Knicks are clearly 2nd best and in the drivers seat, since Knicks can offer many different Chinese menu combinations of players (as long as HOU takes Curry or Jeffries).

C'mon 11.....rolling dice.......

I firmly believe if Bulls fall through, we will see a, Jared Jeffries + expiring talent Houston wants, for TMac.

AKADS
12-28-2009, 10:13 PM
If they want to save money

Big Z (then buy him out)
Wally S+T 6.5Million (buy out)
3 Million.

If they can't get a deal this would save them
4 Million Salary
4 Million Luxury tax
3 Million in Cash
2 or 3 Million they save on buy out.

If it comes down to money Cavs could make a great deal.

bagelred
12-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Bulls
Heat
Knicks
Nets
Wizards
Cavs

Adjusted slightly. The trade, IMO, can only happen with 6 teams above. And you can probably throw Cavs out, because it would have to be for Shaq.

Raj Da Dodge
12-28-2009, 10:18 PM
As long as we get a player(s) whose contract expires after this year I'm happy...cuz to me it really doesn't matter who we get cuz we don't need T-Mac anyway...I mean it would help if we got a good player but I don't want a player who's contract is like 2 to 3 years...

AKADS
12-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Adjusted slightly. The trade, IMO, can only happen with 6 teams above. And you can probably throw Cavs out, because it would have to be for Shaq.
We can do it without Shaq read my previous post.

noob cake
12-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I have feeling that Morey is gonna send TMac + Battier to a contender, ie Cleveland, for expiring contract + talent/picks.

This allows Houston to sign a max 2010 FA.

Raj Da Dodge
12-28-2009, 10:27 PM
I have feeling that Morey is gonna send TMac + Battier to a contender, ie Cleveland, for expiring contract + talent/picks.

yea but Shane isn't a FA this summer...

Raj Da Dodge
12-28-2009, 10:28 PM
The only unrestricted FAs we have are Chuckwagon and Brian Cook

noob cake
12-28-2009, 10:38 PM
yea but Shane isn't a FA this summer...

The point is that we "dump" Shane's non-expiring contract so that we create more cap this summer. A contender can offer us some talent/pick for Shane. TMac expiring for expiring expiring.

TMac and Battier are two nice pieces for a contender.

AKADS
12-28-2009, 10:42 PM

The Rockets would have to decline all team options and not resign Scola there for giving up his Bird right to sign a Max. Even in they trade Battier.

Raj Da Dodge
12-28-2009, 10:44 PM
The point is that we "dump" Shane's non-expiring contract so that we create more cap this summer. A contender can offer us some talent/pick for Shane. TMac expiring for expiring expiring.

TMac and Battier are two nice pieces for a contender.
ok so if we trade away a non expiring contract we don't have to pay him anymore?

bagelred
12-28-2009, 10:54 PM

This is easy to say but for who? Come up with a realistic scenario. I don't think there is one....That's like $30 million in contracts to match.

NastaMaverick
12-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Heres my attempt haha
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

bagelred
12-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Heres my attempt haha
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

It's blank. Just tell us.

noob cake
12-28-2009, 11:03 PM
This is easy to say but for who? Come up with a realistic scenario. I don't think there is one....That's like $30 million in contracts to match.

I'm a genius;

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3241/38570102.jpg

Cavs load up completely for the championship; NYK and HOU plays in 2010 lotto.

AKADS
12-28-2009, 11:07 PM
The Cavs laugh at that. Shaq is not goin anywhere. We want him come playoff time

noob cake
12-28-2009, 11:09 PM
The Cavs laugh at that. Shaq is not goin anywhere. We want him come playoff time

You need to win a ship to keep Bron Bron. Battier will help you do that.

bagelred
12-28-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm a genius;

I've got to say, that is a very impressive trade.

As a Knicks fan, I'd hate to lose Wilson, and maybe we could avoid it, if HOU just accepts Shaq. I don't see why HOU ends up with Shaq and Wilson in the deal. That would be amazing for them.

But that's actually a really good trade all around. I'm impressed.

But let's remember....Cavs and Knicks are not doing any business together. I bet Ferry and Walsh haven't talked in at least 18 months.

AKADS
12-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Then make it Big Z if u buy him out and either Wally S+T ala Keith Van Horn or Bobbie

Knicks101
12-28-2009, 11:19 PM
But let's remember....Cavs and Knicks are not doing any business together. I bet Ferry and Walsh haven't talked in at least 18 months.

I just got a vision of Walsh telling Ferry to shut the **** up when he was proposing a trade idea. :lol

bagelred
12-28-2009, 11:29 PM
I just got a vision of Walsh telling Ferry to shut the **** up when he was proposing a trade idea. :lol

My vision is Ferry proposing a trade, and Walsh casually blowing smoke from his cigarette right in Ferry's face....with a sly grin on his face. :pimp:

big baller
12-28-2009, 11:31 PM
I have been saying it for a while now, Miami will end up with Mac (hopefully) :D

Raj Da Dodge
12-28-2009, 11:59 PM
I have been saying it for a while now, Miami will end up with Mac (hopefully) :D
for who though...???

ElPigto
12-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Sad that things had to end this way. Goodbye T-mac, I'll never forget all the good times you brought to Houston.

Raj Da Dodge
12-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Sad that things had to end this way. Goodbye T-mac, I'll never forget all the good times you brought to Houston.
damn man don't start the emotional byes and memories :cry: Cuz everytime I watch his orlando highlights and stuff I always feel like crying...:(

ElPigto
12-29-2009, 12:25 AM
damn man don't start the emotional byes and memories :cry: Cuz everytime I watch his orlando highlights and stuff I always feel like crying...:(

It's just the way things work sometimes.

Regardless of still being a 2nd round virgin, he still brought a lot of good playoff moments and regular season memories to this organization and forever I will be grateful. It's sad that it didn't work out and that both Yao and Mac were always injured at the most inopportune times, but sh!t happens.

Players will come and go, but I will always root for the Rockets.

L.Kizzle
12-29-2009, 12:48 AM
This sucks, but I knew it was coming. Tracy McGrady is my favorite player and I'll always be a fan. But Houston, TX mothatuckas is where I stay.

Raj Da Dodge
12-29-2009, 12:50 AM
This sucks, but I knew it was coming. Tracy McGrady is my favorite player and I'll always be a fan. But Houston, TX mothatuckas is where I stay.
really? do I know u? :lol Where u live in Houston?

*EDIT- not trying to sound weird btw...j/w...

Raj Da Dodge
12-29-2009, 12:53 AM
It's just the way things work sometimes.

Regardless of still being a 2nd round virgin, he still brought a lot of good playoff moments and regular season memories to this organization and forever I will be grateful. It's sad that it didn't work out and that both Yao and Mac were always injured at the most inopportune times, but sh!t happens.

Players will come and go, but I will always root for the Rockets.
yea...i know bro...

L.Kizzle
12-29-2009, 12:53 AM
really? do I know u? :lol Where u live in Houston?
Of course U know me, I'm L.Kizzle and T-Mac 4 life. SWAT.

Raj Da Dodge
12-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Of course U know me, I'm L.Kizzle and T-Mac 4 life. SWAT.
do I :lol ??? Never heard of u...

Styles p
12-29-2009, 01:17 AM
dalembert for t-mac get it done stefanski

wally_world
12-29-2009, 01:23 AM
agree to part ways meaning he's waived? or they are officially trading him?

Darius
12-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Baron for T-Mac.

rezznor
12-29-2009, 01:53 AM
Baron for T-Mac.
hell no

lilojmayo
12-29-2009, 02:03 AM
I really hope McGrady goes to the Nuggets. him Melo Billiups Nene and JR if he shows up will take the Lakers to 7 and then it is all about who makes plays at the end will decide who wins.

mattevans11
12-29-2009, 02:29 AM
There is so much wrong with thsi whole thread i want to reach through my computer and strangle so many of you, especially Raj.

1. TMAC is not some throw-away, us rocket fans need to appreciate what he has done for the organization (i know there have been a couple of people saying this but just not enough)

2. Why would the rockets trade for big Z then buy him out? if we are lucky enough to land a decent center such as big Z then the rockets should keep him as a one year replacement for yao..... what does houston get out of that deal besides the 3 million to help with the buyouts.... that cavs fan poster is stupid as all hell.

3. rockets must get young talent or a usuable expirer for the year or someone that fits the longterm plans of the franchise in order to trade him.......

many teams will be calling for his services. the rockets will not have to settle for the knicks BS trade proposal.

Bano114
12-29-2009, 02:31 AM
Ive been saying Harriongton chandler and Curry or Jefferies for T-MAc the entier time.

Raj Da Dodge
12-29-2009, 03:34 AM
There is so much wrong with thsi whole thread i want to reach through my computer and strangle so many of you, especially Raj.

1. TMAC is not some throw-away, us rocket fans need to appreciate what he has done for the organization (i know there have been a couple of people saying this but just not enough)

2. Why would the rockets trade for big Z then buy him out? if we are lucky enough to land a decent center such as big Z then the rockets should keep him as a one year replacement for yao..... what does houston get out of that deal besides the 3 million to help with the buyouts.... that cavs fan poster is stupid as all hell.

3. rockets must get young talent or a usuable expirer for the year or someone that fits the longterm plans of the franchise in order to trade him.......

many teams will be calling for his services. the rockets will not have to settle for the knicks BS trade proposal.
why would u wanna strangle me??? I'm just reporting the news..I didn't say anything against him...:confusedshrug:

mattevans11
12-29-2009, 03:42 AM
why would u wanna strangle me??? I'm just reporting the news..I didn't say anything against him...:confusedshrug:

not your original post...... but your responses in the rest........ you are a midless rocket fan...

brantonli
12-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Alright, so now the Rockets have:

1. Declined a trade with Wizards, Arenas for Mac.
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=4777423&top

ESPN.com reported Saturday that the Washington Wizards had reached out to the Rockets in an exploratory manner about a possible Gilbert Arenas-for-McGrady swap, but Houston has no interest in such a deal. Arenas ranks as one of the league's most difficult players to move with four seasons left after this one on a mammoth $111 million contract and a history of knee problems to rival McGrady's.

Also:

One source said that the Rockets' anti-buyout stance is so deeply rooted that they plan to keep him on the payroll even if a deal can't be struck before the trading deadline.

So it looks like:

2. A buyout is very, very unlikely.

3. According to a poster on the Clutch BBS, McGrady has been traded for Richardson and Tucker, although salaries don't match and he has yet to have a credible source apart from 'AZ radio', so it could well be simple BS.

ronnymac
12-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Good riddence. i just hope we get something worthwhile out of this.

wally_world
12-29-2009, 08:45 AM

Also:

So it looks like:

3. According to a poster on the Clutch BBS, McGrady has been traded for Richardson and Tucker, although salaries don't match and he has yet to have a credible source apart from 'AZ radio', so it could well be simple BS.

LOL, washington tried to just dump Gilbo like that... maybe if they can throw in Butler in the deal, Rockets might do it...

and idk why the Suns would do that deal (if it's true)... sure we might be able to revive T-Mac, but he wont be anymore of an impact player than JRich at this point of time... i understand TMac's expiring and we can be players in the 2010 FA market, but we're having a good season, we should try to get better and make a push to go deep into the playoffs... if we do, i like our chances better to land a big FA, at least we've proven we can win games...

ronnymac
12-29-2009, 08:46 AM

Also:

So it looks like:

The Suns rummors are nonsense. a one legged McGrady is still better then richardson plus tmac's contract is worth is more then Richardson

ronnymac
12-29-2009, 08:49 AM
There is only 3 seriouse teams in this sweepstakes. Knicks, Heat(O'neal) and Cavs(Big Z and fillers).

brantonli
12-29-2009, 09:13 AM
The Suns rummors are nonsense. a one legged McGrady is still better then richardson plus tmac's contract is worth is more then Richardson

A one legged, motivated T-Mac is 'better', but a T-mac who only plays 7 minutes a game and doesn't really want to be there? I'd definitely take Richardson. To be honest, I'd rather let McGrady expire, because I really want the Rockets to develop the young talent they have (looking especially at Budinger and Landry), and trading for a star just takes shots away from them.

Pimpdaddy311991
12-29-2009, 09:21 AM
wft is the difference if u trade him for some else and play them rather than just letting him play???

I love how the 76ers can just grab A.I. and throw him in there rotation the wizards throw jamison and gilbert into theres , aldeman screwed him how can he not help u who cares if he take minutes and shot away from other people HES STILL BETTER THAN THOSE PEOPLE!

kNIOKAS
12-29-2009, 09:23 AM
just think of how much of a ball stopper tmac would be with only one leg. a disaster!

ronnymac
12-29-2009, 09:54 AM
A one legged, motivated T-Mac is 'better', but a T-mac who only plays 7 minutes a game and doesn't really want to be there? I'd definitely take Richardson. To be honest, I'd rather let McGrady expire, because I really want the Rockets to develop the young talent they have (looking especially at Budinger and Landry), and trading for a star just takes shots away from them.
I rather look at the Heats Rummored offer of O'neal for McGrady. there both gonna come off the books at the years end, plus O'neal gives us a Solid inside Prescence and Size. Something we currently lack.

bagelred
12-29-2009, 10:07 AM

No source and the salaries don't match, so why even spreading the rumor? :confusedshrug: Seems only way Heat get TMac is for O'Neal, OR Richardson/Haslem combo. I'm doubting either one happens, even though Riley wants TMac.

bagelred
12-29-2009, 10:32 AM
OK, this is a trade that works for everyone:

http://i47.tinypic.com/20jliz9.png

Rockets save $4 million in luxury tax money plus prorated portion of $4million in salaries rest of year. So that's probably over $6 million total savings. Get two very useful players with size for rest of year and for playoffs. Only Jeffries has salary past 2010.

Bulls lose Miller, but get two impact scorers that they desperately need without taking on any 2010 salary. Bulls are known to really covet Harrington. Getting two scorers without giving up any core pieces is a big win.

Knicks open cap space for 2010 with this move and at same time get a "franchise player" the rest of the season. Probably hurts Knicks win total this season, but dumping Jeffries very worth it.

C'mon now....this is a good trade. :rockon:

Knicks101
12-29-2009, 10:38 AM

Rockets save $4 million in luxury tax money plus prorated portion of $4million in salaries rest of year. So that's probably over $6 million total savings. Get two very useful players with size for rest of year and for playoffs. Only Jeffries has salary past 2010.

Bulls lose Miller, but get two impact scorers that they desperately need without taking on any 2010 salary. Bulls are known to really covet Harrington. Getting two scorers without giving up any core pieces is a big win.

Knicks open cap space for 2010 with this move and at same time get a "franchise player" the rest of the season. Probably hurts Knicks win total this season, but dumping Jeffries very worth it.

I can't find anything wrong with this. Great trade for all teams involved. Well done.

Actually, we kind of get screwed by the Bulls in this. How about we get James Johnson from them as well?

bagelred
12-29-2009, 10:44 AM
I can't find anything wrong with this. Great trade for all teams involved. Well done.

Actually, we kind of get screwed by the Bulls in this. How about we get James Johnson from them as well?

Bulls do make out the best, but Knicks would be so happy to get rid of JJ, Walsh wouldn't even care.

Rockets are still the ones who hesitate because of JJ. Why they don't want him is beyond me, because JJ seems like a perfect Rocket player...tough defense, willing passer, good size, versatile....I don't get why Morey is so down on him........

Knicks101
12-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Bulls do make out the best, but Knicks would be so happy to get rid of JJ, Walsh wouldn't even care.

Rockets are still the ones who hesitate because of JJ. Why they don't want him is beyond me, because JJ seems like a perfect Rocket player...tough defense, willing passer, good size, versatile....I don't get why Morey is so down on him........

I know that this trade is fine, but I feel like we could get more than that. We don't really get anything of value other than Cap Space and give up two players that are worth something. As a last minute trade, it's fine but I feel like we could do better if we're giving up Harrington and Nate.

bagelred
12-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I know that this trade is fine, but I feel like we could get more than that. We don't really get anything of value other than Cap Space and give up two players that are worth something. As a last minute trade, it's fine but I feel like we could do better if we're giving up Harrington and Nate.

Although you are right in that the Knicks give up most and get least...however, Knicks are also the most desperate to make the trade. It's getting late in the game now, and Walsh has got to get rid of JJ or Curry soon.

If Rockets or Bulls throw Knicks an extra decent expiring player for rest of year, even better......

ElPigto
12-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Bagelred, that was one of the best trades you have ever suggested.

Rockets

-Save Money
-Get one expiring contract
-Get Jeffries whose one year deal after this year would be of great value
-Get a 7'0 with passing skills

I like it, I really like it. Good job Bagel you finally got it right.

1~Gibson~1
12-29-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm a genius;

we were "loaded" last year but we had no one to guard Dwight.....that's why we're keeping Shaq.

soadrules
12-29-2009, 11:13 AM
That actually might be one of the best trade suggestions on ISH so far. Good work, Bagel!

Bano114
12-29-2009, 12:29 PM

Soad rules...The only thing I have to say to you is...Soad does rule.

Bagel. This is a very good trade but there is one BIG question in that whole trade. Does Nate Robinson use his no trade clause or not? Does he want to play in Chicago?

Gundress
12-29-2009, 12:33 PM
22 million is a lot. He's going to have hard time to get a trade and Rockets won't buy him out.

Knicks101
12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Soad rules...The only thing I have to say to you is...Soad does rule.

Bagel. This is a very good trade but there is one BIG question in that whole trade. Does Nate Robinson use his no trade clause or not? Does he want to play in Chicago?

He's not getting any playtime here, so he might as well. It's not like we're sending him to Milwaukee or something. No offense Milwaukeeans.

Maniak
12-29-2009, 01:19 PM
That trade is amazing Bagelred. Better than most of the trade scenarios you've made or jokes you've cracked.

ronnymac
12-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Lets See,

PG Brooks/Lowry
SG Ariza/Budinger

Where will Nate play?

ElPigto
12-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Lets See,

PG Brooks/Lowry
SG Ariza/Budinger

Where will Nate play?

What trade scenario has Nate coming to the Rockets?

:confusedshrug:

bagelred
12-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Lets See,

PG Brooks/Lowry
SG Ariza/Budinger

Where will Nate play?

On the Bulls, Sherlock......

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-29-2009, 01:49 PM
If Donnie's smart, he'll be on the ball with this one.

Bano114
12-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Donnie has been looking for a T-Mac trade since this summer. I hope he was what it takes to get it done.

Whats the whole time table on this? According to them a trade isnt imminent but you guys think it could go down today?

The GM
12-29-2009, 02:33 PM
The Rockets want All-Star young or current talent in return for T-Mac and they sure as hell ain't getting that so I guess he's done for the year.

WeaponX2024
12-29-2009, 02:39 PM
On the Bulls, Sherlock......
If I were Morey, I'd take the deal If Harrington went to Houston and Jefferies went to Chicago.

Raj Da Dodge
12-29-2009, 02:54 PM
not your original post...... but your responses in the rest........ you are a midless rocket fan...
are u talking about the questions I put?... like the trade questions and all that?

WeaponX2024
12-29-2009, 02:54 PM
how bout this bagel?

http://i49.tinypic.com/15oh207.jpg

Raj Da Dodge
12-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Can somebody gimmi the source where you found the Arenas story...cuz I can't find it anywhere...I looked on espn.com, realgm, chron.com, yahoo, everywhere...I can't find it for some reason. :confusedshrug:

D-Rose
12-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Can somebody gimmi the source where you found the Arenas story...cuz I can't find it anywhere...I looked on espn.com, realgm, chron.com, yahoo, everywhere...I can't find it for some reason. :confusedshrug:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4777423

Raj Da Dodge
12-29-2009, 03:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4777423
aite thanks! :cheers:

bagelred
12-29-2009, 03:20 PM
If I were Morey, I'd take the deal If Harrington went to Houston and Jefferies went to Chicago.

Well, clearly the Bulls are not taking Jeffries because they also want 2010 cap space.

Morey would be a fool not to take Miller and $6 million cash savings for TMac. Despite his stubbornness over Jeffries.

SCY
12-29-2009, 03:34 PM
LOL @ the Rockets taking 2010 salaries for the services of Brad Miller. WTF would be the point? They should have just played the man, they have incredibly weak wing play.

bagelred
12-29-2009, 04:00 PM
LOL @ the Rockets taking 2010 salaries for the services of Brad Miller. WTF would be the point? They should have just played the man, they have incredibly weak wing play.

Why shouldn't they? Rockets don't have 2010 space anyway. The money Rockets save will practically pay for JJ's salary next year.....

SCY
12-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Why shouldn't they? Rockets don't have 2010 space anyway. The money Rockets save will practically pay for JJ's salary next year.....

Where are you getting this idea the Rockets won't have space? Even if it's only 4-5 mil, we can sign someone 1,000,000^1,000,000 more worthwhile than Jeffries with that. If the Rockets can dump Battier for an expirer, they will be in good shape to sign a good player. Keep in mind they don't need to re-sign the 30 year old Scola with the emergence of Carl Landry.

Of course that's a lot of ifs, but there is simply no reason to take on Jeffries unless we are getting a significant player also (read not Brad Miller). Jeffries is trash, and Miller isn't much better.

bagelred
12-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Where are you getting this idea the Rockets won't have space? Even if it's only 4-5 mil......

You'll already HAVE 4-5 million. It's called the MLE. When you are over the cap, you get that. Not when you are under.

You honestly believe Rockets aren't resigning Scola? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

2011 is the date Rockets should target. Yao, Battier, Landry, and JEFFRIES would be all off the books and Rockets could be TRUE free agent players. Not next year......

Also, the Rockets have a chance to WIN, RIGHT NOW!!!! Don't you want to win? Rockets need size in Miller and Jared. Miller helps Rockets tremendously for playoffs. Don't you even want to TRY to win???? Amazing......

Here its explained in NBA Salary Cap rules. This is why Rockets can and SHOULD take on Jeffries.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q20

If a team is below the cap, then their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or Traded Player exceptions are added to their team salary, and the league treats the team as though they are over the cap. This is to prevent a loophole, in a manner similar to free agent amounts (see question numbers 29, 30, 31, 32). A team can't act like they're under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or Traded Player exceptions. Consequently, the exceptions are added to their team salary (putting the team over the cap) if the team is under the cap and adding the exceptions puts them over the cap. If a team is already over the cap, then the exceptions are not added to their team salary. There would be no point in doing so, since there is no cap room for signing free agents.

So being under the cap does not necessarily mean a team has room to sign free agents. For example, assume the cap is $49.5 million, and a team has $43 million committed to salaries. They also have a Mid-Level exception for $5 million and a Traded Player exception for $5.5 million. Even though their salaries put them $6.5 million under the cap, their exceptions are added to their salaries, putting them at $53.5 million, or $4 million over the cap. So they actually have no cap room to sign free agents, and instead must use their exceptions.

SCY
12-29-2009, 04:41 PM
You'll already HAVE 4-5 million. It's called the MLE. When you are over the cap, you get that. Not when you are under.

I suppose, but if the intent it is to get over the cap, adding Jeffries salary might not do it.

You honestly believe Rockets aren't resigning Scola? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

It does seem impossible, but it is the right thing to do. I love the guy, but he's getting old, and Landry is outperforming him.

2011 is the date Rockets should target. Yao, Battier, Landry, and JEFFRIES would be all off the books and Rockets could be TRUE free agent players. Not next year......

The cap will most likely drop again, there are not as many players available, Landry and Lowry will both need new deals, so that isn't a particular ideal situation either.

Also, the Rockets have a chance to WIN, RIGHT NOW!!!! Don't you want to win? Rockets need size in Miller and Jared. Miller helps Rockets tremendously for playoffs. Don't you even want to TRY to win???? Amazing......

We already have Miller, his name is David Andersen. Jared is a pile of dog sh.t and wouldn't get any minutes.

SCY
12-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Hmm, I didn't know all that about the cap, thanks. Still, it's a terrible trade simply from a BASKETBALL standpoint.

Raj Da Dodge
12-29-2009, 04:53 PM
ok how are we gonna be over if we get rid of 24 million dollars???

insidehoops
12-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Dec 29 update: the Rockets officially confirmed today that T-Mac will be inactive while they seek to trade him: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5202

ElPigto
12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Hmm, I didn't know all that about the cap, thanks. Still, it's a terrible trade simply from a BASKETBALL standpoint.

From a financial standpoint it isn't. The Rockets are over the luxury tax as of now and I'm sure we want to get under it. This deal, although not the greatest, accomplishes two things with the players we get.

First of all, Brad Miller is nice insurance to have for the remainder of the season. He is a great passer, a good shooter and a decent rebounder. He also brings veteran savvy and also gives us a good option just in case one of our other big men get injured. His salary comes off the books this summer and we don't have to worry about him after this season.

Jeffries, although not a great player, will also give us length and more depth. Even if we don't play him, his contract is valuable for next season since it is small. Usually with bigger contracts, it is a lot tougher to find buyers, but with a contract such as Jeffries it is a nice sized contract that we can dump on some team next season that might be looking for financial relief.

We aren't going to be signing any key free agents this season unless we have good pieces for a sign and trade. Jeffries provides such an option for a sign and trade since his contract is relatively small and expiring. Attached that with other young pieces in this team and you might have a better chance at grabbing an all star talent.

Ace
12-29-2009, 06:11 PM
It does seem impossible, but it is the right thing to do. I love the guy, but he's getting old, and Landry is outperforming him.

Yeah I know the guy is 29 going on 40.
And man, when he loses all that athletic ability and isn't outjumping everyone for rebounds or leaving defenders in the dust with his lightning speed anymore it's gonna be ugly.

More seriously Scola is a stud and resigning him is mandatory.

bagelred
12-29-2009, 06:43 PM
"Well, the reviews are in and people can't stop talking about Bagelred's surprise hit....THREE WAY TRADE: The Tracy McGrady story!!!"

Great trade for all teams involved. Well done. Knicks101

Bagelred, that was one of the best trades you have ever suggested.

I like it, I really like it. Good job Bagel.....ElPigto

That actually might be one of the best trade suggestions on ISH so far. Good work, Bagel! soadrules

Bagel. This is a very good trade...... Bano114

That trade is amazing Bagelred. Maniak

I loved it!!! 4 stars!!!! Bagelred is a visionary in hypothetical trade scenarios that will set the standard for years to come. Roger Ebert

That was my idea!!! You stole it!!!! Hawkfan

This trade sucks. Nate Robinson is awesome. I hate you Bagelred. I'm licking my balls. Poodle

So find out what eeeeeeeeeeeveryone's talking about this winter.

THREE WAY TRADE: The Tracy McGrady story!!! Read it!!! Today!!!!

"I LIKE TO EAT: The Eddy Curry Story", sold separately.

Knicks101
12-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Well, if Knicks101 said it, it must be true! Get it done guys!

L.Kizzle
12-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Dec 29 update: the Rockets officially confirmed today that T-Mac will be inactive while they seek to trade him: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5202
Rockets are stupid, this is not the way at trading a player.

mattevans11
12-29-2009, 10:09 PM

couldnt have said it better myself... glad not all rocket fans have lost it.

WeaponX2024
12-29-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't think anybody has worse ears than McGrady. Sorry Rocket fans, but this guy just does not know how to listen, I really think it's best for both sides to be done with one another.

soadrules
12-29-2009, 11:49 PM

I know, it makes our side look bad. I really think both sides have handled themselves wrong, but I really feel the Rockets organization should have been cordial about the whole thing. I have a feel Rick Adelman let his feelings get in his way way too much. Of course, T-Mac is to blame as well. Especially after last year.

brantonli
12-29-2009, 11:49 PM
A pretty darn good analysis on whether McGrady will be traded or not.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/316048-kleemans-jump-hook-sorting-out-the-tracy-mcgrady-situation

I seriously recommend anybody who's making trade proposals for T-mac (ahem bagelred) to read this article.

bagelred
12-29-2009, 11:53 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/316048-kleemans-jump-hook-sorting-out-the-tracy-mcgrady-situation

I seriously recommend anybody who's making trade proposals for T-mac (ahem bagelred) to read this article.

Morey also adamantly said he will not buyout McGrady. Let's see him disgrace TMac, their beloved franchise player, by not playing him AND not trading him. You think that's gonna happen?

It's either a buyout, which Morey just said won't happen, or a trade, which Morey said he'll try to do. Which is more likely?

brantonli
12-30-2009, 12:01 AM
They did that to McGrady for the past 2 months, and just sent him home for 2 games. There's no reason why Morey must make a trade, if what he gets in return is garbage. Why should there only be 2 options, a buyout or trade? He could easily just sit on McGrady's contract and just let it expire. Hell, in the article, it made the point that the Jazz tried to trade Boozer as much as possible, but guess what, he's still with them.

bagelred
12-30-2009, 12:37 AM
They did that to McGrady for the past 2 months, and just sent him home for 2 games. There's no reason why Morey must make a trade, if what he gets in return is garbage. Why should there only be 2 options, a buyout or trade? He could easily just sit on McGrady's contract and just let it expire. Hell, in the article, it made the point that the Jazz tried to trade Boozer as much as possible, but guess what, he's still with them.

Your right. They can. And keep not playing TMac, who the fans love, who the rest of the NBA respects, and keep him held hostage for the rest of the year. You can do that.

Doesn't help you win games this year. Doesn't help your PR. Doesn't help the team with the constant distraction. Doesn't help you save money. And for all TMac has done for Houston, just not the right thing to do.....

Everyone's watching.....including all your potential 2010 free agent signees.

brantonli
12-30-2009, 12:46 AM
McGrady sitting at home, or Mcgrady sitting on the sidelines won't make a slight bit of difference to how well or badly the Rockets are going to do record-wise. I never thought for an instant that the Rockets handled McGrady the 'right' way, indeed I was hoping that they could do something similar to what Raja Bell and the Suns did, keep everything quiet, don't make a big public fuss, and just get the trade done.

Also, the Rockets have never had a glowing record with farewells with ageing superstars. Olajuwon and Pippen anybody? I'm not saying that's what they did 'morally' is the right thing for the Rockets to do, but as of now, pragmatically, with the options that are left to the organisations, sitting on McGrady's contract is the sensible thing to do (unless a good trade actually does come up).

And in fact keeping McGrady does save Alexander money, it saves him 80% of each game McGrady plays (insurance).

bagelred
12-30-2009, 12:57 AM
And in fact keeping McGrady does save Alexander money, it saves him 80% of each game McGrady plays (insurance).

Wrong. How can insurance pick up the tab for a player ready to play?

Raj Da Dodge
12-30-2009, 03:07 AM
Man this is sooo gay...I'm really pissed off at Rick now...like this is the first mistake he's made since being here, I just wish he'd given him a chance...like he rededicated himself and worked hard this offseason and was ready to play and was back to normal and then the coaches don't want him to play? I mean come on..at least give him a chance...it was a stupid mistake by just not letting him play, I really wish they woulda let him play more, cuz now if he goes to another team, he's gonna avg. like 20 a game and make rick look stupid. I mean when we wanted him to play he was hurt, and now he's healthy we don't want him to play. Soo gay...

rezznor
12-30-2009, 03:24 AM

great article thanks

bagelred
12-30-2009, 03:34 AM
I guarantee you TMac will not be held hostage for much longer. No chance. It can't happen. Not of someone of TMac's calibur especially.

Now, whether its a buyout or a trade, I'm not sure. But Morey said SPECIFICALLY he is not buying TMac out. That only leaves a trade.

I believe he will be traded within the next 3 weeks but time will tell.

Pimpdaddy311991
12-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Phuck D!ck Adelmen hes a loser , heres an idea just let tmac play and let him expire duhhhhhh screw chemistry

brantonli
12-30-2009, 09:49 AM
^^ Whoa, what kind of post is that? Is that e-drunkness?

sunway2008
12-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Good luck! T-mac!Prove yourself!

ronnymac
12-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Apprantly the bulls are offering a packiage of Miller, Jerome James and either Tyrus thomas or Salmon. i Would'nt mind this trade according to clutchcity BBS.

Brooks
Ariza
Battier
Scola
Thomas

Lowry
Budinger
Landry
Hayes
Miller

Miller is a protype motion offense player. Grate passer, good off the ball mover and sold shooter. Tyrus Thomas just gives more rebounding and shot blocking. Jerome James is a expiere along with miller.

ortonsaw
12-30-2009, 12:58 PM
what y'all think about this trade? :D
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/gilbertsaw/jj.jpg?t=1262192238

Knicks101
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
what y'all think about this trade? :D
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/gilbertsaw/jj.jpg?t=1262192238

Replace Tyrus Thomas with James Johnson and I love it.

D-Rose
12-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Read a rumor that the Bulls are "open to acquiring" McGrady. They could just swap expirers or if the Rockets think Salmons is a good fit beyond 2010 for a year, Bulls wouldn't mind including him to get cap space. Salmons would instantly be better than Ariza/Battier for scoring purposes...Rockets still have many contracts coming off in 2011...hmmm

Raj Da Dodge
12-30-2009, 02:32 PM
See this is what I been telling people...I don't like Salmons for some reason...I mean he might be better offensively than Ariza but we need Ariza and Shane for defensive purposes. I know that Salmons can't play as good D as Ariza and Shane can. So if it was Tyrus+Miller I wouldn't mind.

bagelred
12-30-2009, 07:09 PM

Why hasn't this happened yet? WELL!!!!!!!!

brantonli
12-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Initially, I quite liked the trade you proposed bagelred, but I haven't got the faintest idea how good Jefferies is, and even though Brad Miller is a good passing center, he doesn't seem to fit into this mould that the Rockets are trying to make this year, i.e. pushing the ball (although I seriously won't mind SOMEBODY taking shots away from Ariza).

Lord Landry
12-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Keep in mind guys, only teams that want to be apart of the 2010 sweepstakes would want Tmac. Nobody wants Tmac the player, but Tmac the contract.

D-Rose
12-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Keep in mind guys, only teams that want to be apart of the 2010 sweepstakes would want Tmac. Nobody wants Tmac the player, but Tmac the contract.
Rocketgreatness gimmick account, way too easy :oldlol:

Lord Landry
12-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Rocketgreatness gimmick account, way too easy :oldlol:
Derrick Rose, Even easier.

Maniak
12-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Derrick Rose, Even easier.
Yes, D-Rose is an abbreviation of the name "Derrick Rose"

Whats your point?

ronnymac
12-30-2009, 09:41 PM
This clown has no self respect.

JayJay23
12-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Make this trade now...McGrady the player will do good this year, but the contract is worth more

Nets fan 93
12-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Hughes Darko + ?

GOBB
12-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Brand/Dalembert for Tmac and filler. I wont hold my breath. I dont think no team wants Sammy. Cant blame em.

bagelred
12-31-2009, 12:10 AM
Brand/Dalembert for Tmac and filler. I wont hold my breath. I dont think no team wants Sammy. Cant blame em.

Forget Dalembert. You think Houston wants Brands megacontract?

GOBB
12-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Forget Dalembert. You think Houston wants Brands megacontract?

Honestly dont know...he'd compliment Yao and if Houston were to use the cash on someone in 2010, who would it be? :confusedshrug:

Skywalker
12-31-2009, 12:15 AM
Carl Landry is better value then Elton Brand no need for EB

bagelred
12-31-2009, 12:18 AM
Honestly dont know...he'd compliment Yao and if Houston were to use the cash on someone in 2010, who would it be? :confusedshrug:

It was a rhetorical question. The answer is no.

bagelred
12-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Initially, I quite liked the trade you proposed bagelred, but I haven't got the faintest idea how good Jefferies is,

Jared Jeffries is Shane Battier with much worse PR. On ISH, everyone loves Shane. Everyone hates Jared. I don't get it either......Their numbers and their games are strangely similar. Go figure.....

D'Antoni loves JJ. He plays JJ over Curry, Hill, and Darko. Knicks defense falls apart when he's on the bench.

GOBB
12-31-2009, 12:30 AM
lol JJ = Shane Battier, sounds like you again trying to sell off Jeffries. You must work with the Knicks mgmt in some form or another.

bagelred
12-31-2009, 12:32 AM
lol JJ = Shane Battier, sounds like you again trying to sell off Jeffries. You must work with the Knicks mgmt in some form or another.

Explain to me why Battier is leagues better than JJ.

brantonli
12-31-2009, 12:36 AM
Actually bagelred, can you give people a rundown of Jared Jefferies? I haven't got the foggiest what kind of player he is apart from the fact he was lamented as a horrible contract a few years ago.

And if he's just another Battier, why would the Rockets want him? It would just clog up minutes at the SF ;)

GOBB
12-31-2009, 12:54 AM
Explain to me why Battier is leagues better than JJ.

Offensively, there isnt much to compare. Shane has range, something Jared Jeffries lacks. He can hit the shot from downtown, something Jared cant. Shane has the ability to put the ball in the basket (better ball handler), something Jared gets lucky doin. All Jared is? Solid defender who focuses mainly on that because of his shortcomings. And Shane is a better all around defender than Jared Jeffries. Really not hard to explain. Perhaps you watch both more and stop trying to sell off Knick players onto other teams because of this "dream" you envision next season. :confusedshrug:

GOBB
12-31-2009, 12:56 AM
Actually bagelred, can you give people a rundown of Jared Jefferies? I haven't got the foggiest what kind of player he is apart from the fact he was lamented as a horrible contract a few years ago.

And if he's just another Battier, why would the Rockets want him? It would just clog up minutes at the SF ;)

He would do just that...clog up the position. Heck dude cant even do something as simple as hit Fts. He's missed some key/big ones as a Wizard in the playoffs. He's the type you foul at games end, Shane? Not so much. And of course someone can say come on what are we talkin about FTs? FTs? Well we cant talk about anything offensively when it comes to this guy.

Canadiandude13
12-31-2009, 05:43 AM
Retire

he will just do the same thing he did in Houston to any other team he is at

bagelred
12-31-2009, 05:52 AM
OK, here's some numbers comparisons this season between Jeffries and Battier, with Jared's adjusted to equal Battier's minutes. Do they look that different? Battier has more points, Jeffries more rebounds....but very similar right?

http://i50.tinypic.com/34i3cc8.png

Battier is clearly a better shooter, fine.
Jeffries gets more rebounds.
Battier is a better free throw shooter.
Jeffries is the league leader in charges taken.

Jeffries is taller and can also defend more positions on the court.

Here's their efficiency ratings. Is Battier much better?

http://i47.tinypic.com/binrlt.png

Not saying JJ is better, just saying how one guy is beloved, other guy is considered a scrub, yet they are similar type players.

brantonli
12-31-2009, 06:15 AM
Perhaps there's a reason why Battier plays 32 minutes and Jefferies plays 24 minutes. Also, numbers are never, never good indicators of players like Battier and Jefferies. Plus I like seeing Battier's credential as College Player of the Year, on the shortlist for the Olympic team, and All-Defensive 2nd team.

bagelred
12-31-2009, 06:22 AM
Perhaps there's a reason why Battier plays 32 minutes and Jefferies plays 24 minutes.

Yeah, it's because MDA didn't play JJ beginning of year much. JJ's minutes are up last 12 games. Perhaps that's the reason Knicks are winning. Perhaps.

Also, numbers are never, never good indicators of players like Battier and Jefferies.

:lol Of course not. Classic.

It's just based on Battier's perception of being much better, which clearly he's not.

When JJ leaves the floor, Knicks defense gets MUCH MUCH worse. So maybe JJ's value is higher than Battier's.

Ace
12-31-2009, 06:56 AM
I just don't see NY as a good trading partner for the Rockets.
JJ may help the knicks defense but we have ariza and battier, we don't need him.
I think if there's a trade it will be with Chicago.

GOBB
12-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Perhaps there's a reason why Battier plays 32 minutes and Jefferies plays 24 minutes. Also, numbers are never, never good indicators of players like Battier and Jefferies. Plus I like seeing Battier's credential as College Player of the Year, on the shortlist for the Olympic team, and All-Defensive 2nd team.

You like someone who accomplishes things in his career. Makes the most out of his career. Is a good player. Thats Shane Battier, not Jared Jeffries. So the Jeffries supporters can play with stats, they can become parrots and say "defense suffers when he leaves the game" all they want. At the end of the day they are trying to sell you a used car. And as a car salesmen they gotta bullshyt you. You're being bullshytted. So you can buy what he is selling or not. Or you can come across the street and get a good deal on a reliable car.

If both were the onyl free agents on the market and teams were asked who would they sign? Battier would win that poll easily. But then the teams who voted for Battier just didnt check out the stat chart given to see they are basically 1 and the same. :ohwell:

bagelred
12-31-2009, 03:06 PM
You like someone who accomplishes things in his career. Makes the most out of his career. Is a good player. Thats Shane Battier, not Jared Jeffries. So the Jeffries supporters can play with stats, they can become parrots and say "defense suffers when he leaves the game" all they want. :

Gobb, be honest. How many Knicks games have you seen this year? Be honest. So actually, how do you know ANYTHING about Jeffries. Seems to me YOU are just looking at the stats.

I never said JJ was better than Battier, just that they are similar players. And at this point, the way JJ is playing, I don't believe JJ is much worse at all.

Just like Zach Randolph and Elton Brand. Last year or two, everyone HATED Zach. Thought he was an overpaid bum. Brand could do no wrong. I didn't understand it either. I thought they were similar. Similar numbers. Similar type of talents. Both never really made the playoffs. Except one was the "good guy" and one was the "bad guy".

Look at Zach and Elton now. Which one would you rather have?

I see a similar parallel in Shane and JJ. One is an amazing role player, one is a scrub, right? Really? I don't think so.....

GOBB
12-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Gobb, be honest. How many Knicks games have you seen this year? Be honest. So actually, how do you know ANYTHING about Jeffries. Seems to me YOU are just looking at the stats.

I never said JJ was better than Battier, just that they are similar players. And at this point, the way JJ is playing, I don't believe JJ is much worse at all.

Just like Zach Randolph and Elton Brand. Last year or two, everyone HATED Zach. Thought he was an overpaid bum. Brand could do no wrong. I didn't understand it either. I thought they were similar. Similar numbers. Similar type of talents. Both never really made the playoffs. Except one was the "good guy" and one was the "bad guy".

Look at Zach and Elton now. Which one would you rather have?

I see a similar parallel in Shane and JJ. One is an amazing role player, one is a scrub, right? Really? I don't think so.....

And now people hate Elton. Wanna know why? Same reason they hated Zach for the most part. Contract. I dont recall anyone saying Zach was a bum. And I never said nor implied you posted JJ > Battier. All I'm saying is you're reaching trying to prove (and havent really done a good job at it) JJ is as good as Battier. The only difference is people like Shane and dont care much for JJ who is viewed as a scrub.

I've seen Jeffries enough in his career to gauge he didnt improve much this season as a player. Only seen enough Knicks games I can count on 1 hand. Shall I force myself to watch more then scout Jeffries to see if there is any changes, improvements to his game? Just so I can feel how I am feeling now? Satisfied with being right? Ok. Maybe I'll do that for you bud.

NBA has alot of role players. Doesnt mean they are all as good as the other. Maybe your line of thinkin and chances are I could be right on this. Is when someone says Shane is better, your brain reads "Shane >>>>> Jared" and well here we are in this thread. :confusedshrug:

Raj Da Dodge
12-31-2009, 04:37 PM
ok whoever is comparing jeffries to battier is a ****ing retard...are yall fcking serious??? Have yall seen Battier play D??? He is the 2nd best perimeter defender in the league behind artest...he is the only player that gives superstars hard times playing. He studies them like nobody else, and yall say jeffries is the same...yall gotta be joking me...I hope yall watch when lakers play rockets every year cuz if yall don't then yall gotta be blind...Battier is a player every team/coach/gm wants to have on their team, one of the first people that pop up is battier, not ****ing jeffries...I seriously think yall are joking. Don't look at Battier's stats, look at what he does defensively, look at the other stuff he does. oh and yall should read the article about Battier in the NY Times...****ing ridiculous...comparing battier to jeffries...:rolleyes: just wow...kinda shocking coming from NBA fans.

Bano114
12-31-2009, 06:35 PM
ok whoever is comparing jeffries to battier is a ****ing retard...are yall fcking serious??? Have yall seen Battier play D??? He is the 2nd best perimeter defender in the league behind artest...he is the only player that gives superstars hard times playing. He studies them like nobody else, and yall say jeffries is the same...yall gotta be joking me...I hope yall watch when lakers play rockets every year cuz if yall don't then yall gotta be blind...Battier is a player every team/coach/gm wants to have on their team, one of the first people that pop up is battier, not ****ing jeffries...I seriously think yall are joking. Don't look at Battier's stats, look at what he does defensively, look at the other stuff he does. oh and yall should read the article about Battier in the NY Times...****ing ridiculous...comparing battier to jeffries...:rolleyes: just wow...kinda shocking coming from NBA fans.

Yet the Knicks are the #2 team in the league at defending the perimeter, with JJ as our defensive captain...hmmmm....go figure.

1~Gibson~1
12-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Yet the Knicks are the #2 team in the league at defending the perimeter, with JJ as our defensive captain...hmmmm....go figure.
really? wow. i didnt think anyone took D'Antoni serious when he said that they were gonna start playing Defense :lol

WeaponX2024
12-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Damn, I did not know that. Thanks for the info. :cheers:

bagelred
12-31-2009, 08:48 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2q3yh6a.png

Slight adjustment to my previous trade a few pages back.

I was thinking about it. Bulls do seem to be clear winners getting two potent scorers for Miller. And Rockets are going to be leery taking Jeffries salary.

Morey did say he wants young talent back in McGrady trade and here he gets a 2009 first rounder, who doesn't seem to play with Bulls.

As much as you think Bulls wouldn't give him up, think about it. If Bulls are trying to clear up as much 2010 cap space as possible, wouldn't clearing another $1.7 million of Johnson's salary help? Especially if he doesn't play? I think they might just want to do that.

Maybe Knicks compensate Bulls by throwing them a 2nd rounder to make it all happen.

Just fine tuning.........

Bano114
12-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Damn, I did not know that. Thanks for the info. :cheers:

Your welcome. They said that during the Pistons game. The Knicks also held opponents under 100 points for 11 strait games until the Nets game.

ortonsaw
12-31-2009, 11:44 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2q3yh6a.png

Slight adjustment to my previous trade a few pages back.

I was thinking about it. Bulls do seem to be clear winners getting two potent scorers for Miller. And Rockets are going to be leery taking Jeffries salary.

Morey did say he wants young talent back in McGrady trade and here he gets a 2009 first rounder, who doesn't seem to play with Bulls.

As much as you think Bulls wouldn't give him up, think about it. If Bulls are trying to clear up as much 2010 cap space as possible, wouldn't clearing another $1.7 million of Johnson's salary help? Especially if he doesn't play? I think they might just want to do that.

Maybe Knicks compensate Bulls by throwing them a 2nd rounder to make it all happen.

Just fine tuning.........
put aaron gray and darko milicic instead of jeff jefries and james johnson is better because of their expiring contract
also the rockets need center more than pf/sf

bagelred
01-01-2010, 12:20 AM
put aaron gray and darko milicic instead of jeff jefries and james johnson is better because of their expiring contract
also the rockets need center more than pf/sf

The only reason Knicks are making the trade is because of Jared Jeffries.

ortonsaw
01-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Oooo but too bad the rockets won't take him

brantonli
01-01-2010, 03:56 AM

Oh, why? I thought your defense falls apart when he isn't on the floor? Trying to give the Jazz a higher pick, hoping that by trading your 'defensive captain' you would lure James there? (and I accept you didn't use that term, just thought it went along nicely in this post).

brantonli
01-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Wow, Morey is really playing the Sixers tough:

Sixers Notes: Iguodala would be price of obtaining McGrady

By Kate Fagan

Inquirer Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES - If the 76ers want Houston Rockets forward Tracy McGrady and his expiring $23 million contract, it will take a package deal built around Sixers swingman Andre Iguodala.

According to a source close to the situation, the Houston Rockets have said they would only consider shipping McGrady to the Sixers if the Sixers "knocked the Rockets over" with the amount of young talent included in the deal.

The source said that the teams have not spoken in "more than a week," but that a deal involving Iguodala "has a chance."

The Rockets, one of only a handful of NBA teams willing to take on salary, would have to be overwhelmed by the talent included - perhaps power forward Thaddeus Young, point guard Lou Williams, or center Marreese Speights - to take on contracts for McGrady's expiring deal.

The same source said the Rockets were unwilling to trade McGrady for Sixers center Samuel Dalembert and power forward Elton Brand, although the source confirmed that the Sixers have been trying to unload both players.

Iguodala, 25, is averaging 19.0 points, 6.9 rebounds, and 5.7 assists a game. Iguodala signed a six-year, $80 million contract on Aug. 17, 2008.

McGrady, 30, has played only 35 games since the 2007-08 season, having undergone microfracture surgery on his left knee in February 2009. He has not played an NBA game since then.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/80460547.html

There's no way Philly is getting rid of Iguodala, they might as well commit PR suicide.

gyu
01-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Wow, Morey is really playing the Sixers tough:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/80460547.html

There's no way Philly is getting rid of Iguodala, they might as well commit PR suicide.
After reading all the trade proposals by ISH users, getting Iguodala would be a dream come true.

MAKE IT HAPPEN MOREY!!!!!!!!!

ronnymac
01-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Is the GM in philly that retarded?

brantonli
01-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Is the GM in philly that retarded?

I can't believe a deal with Iguodala actually 'has a chance'. I mean, the Sixers will have to practically kill us with heavy, untradeable contracts for the trade to make sense.

Ace
01-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Well Iguodala sure sounds better than Jeffries, Curry, Salmons or whatever :D
And it seems like Morey really wants to get great value in a deal to even consider it (no bad contracts, young assets).

"The Rockets will consider trading Tracy McGrady to the 76ers if they are "knocked over" with the amount of talent in the deal, a source told Philly.com"

"...would be interested in a trade that includes Andre Iguodala and some of Philadelphia's younger talent"

"...any swap involving Iguodala "has a chance." :lol

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Trading_Iguodala_.html

If Morey can pull that off i'll be ecstatic :banana:

El Kabong
01-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Smart move, no need to take someone else's garbage to get rid of McGrady. 76ers would need to be pretty desperate to cut payroll if they get rid of Iggy, Dalambert or Brand would be the first choice, but he's their most easily movable long term contract.

kumquat
01-01-2010, 10:23 AM
that's worse than a hawkfan trade. McGrady for Igoudala. Igoudala is straight up twice the player McGrady is at this point. I could see a Dalembert+fillers for Mcgrady....but Iggy for T-Mac uhhhh hell no. I wouldn't even think about including speights or thad in a deal.

ElPigto
01-01-2010, 10:36 AM
that's worse than a hawkfan trade. McGrady for Igoudala. Igoudala is straight up twice the player McGrady is at this point. I could see a Dalembert+fillers for Mcgrady....but Iggy for T-Mac uhhhh hell no. I wouldn't even think about including speights or thad in a deal.

I wonder how desperate are the Sixers. I don't see why they would do this for McGrady unless they finally gave up on Andre being part of the future of their team.

ronnymac
01-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I can't believe a deal with Iguodala actually 'has a chance'. I mean, the Sixers will have to practically kill us with heavy, untradeable contracts for the trade to make sense.

If there is any shred of truth to this, i would take on Dalemberts contract (12 mill a year for 2 more seasons) for Iggy to be included then Ariza/ Battier can be used as trade bait in some other deal.

Brooks/Lowry
Iggy/Budinger
Battier/Ariza
Scola/Landry
Hayes/Dalembert

Thats not to shabby at all.

ronnymac
01-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I wonder how desperate are the Sixers. I don't see why they would do this for McGrady unless they finally gave up on Andre being part of the future of their team.
They are targetting a big name free agent like Amare or Bosh. they currently are in a big bind with cap space. McGrady can give then that leeway to be a big player. if they keep dalembert and Iggy, they wont be a player.

bagelred
01-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Honestly, who can figure Morey out....Sixers have no expiring contracts, so now he's willing to take on over $18.5 million in extended contracts?

:confusedshrug: So much for wanting cap space.....

Also, even getting TMac's expirer, I don't see Philly creating enough space for a Max contract.

brantonli
01-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Honestly, who can figure Morey out....Sixers have no expiring contracts, so now he's willing to take on over $18.5 million in extended contracts?

Also, even getting TMac's expirer, I don't see Philly creating enough space for a Max contract.

But think about it, if you can get young, promising talent (and I'm talking about waaay more potential than any current Rocket) for a guy whose going to leave by the end of this season, then the bad contracts suddenly don't look so bad.

Wasn't there are thread about the myth of Rockets getting cap space when McGrady expires? I remember reading about it and the poster outlined very, very clearly that unless the Rocs refuse to resign everybody, they won't be able to sign a max free agent, and by then the whole roster will be gutted so nobody would want to sign anyway. Also:

The Rockets, one of only a handful of NBA teams willing to take on salary, would have to be overwhelmed by the talent included - perhaps power forward Thaddeus Young, point guard Lou Williams, or center Marreese Speights - to take on contracts for McGrady's expiring deal.

I honestly didn't even think about it from this angle, but it makes perfect sense, since only a team willing to take on salary will trade one of the league's biggest expiring contracts.

To be honest, I would be perfectly exstatic if Morey nets a player like Young, Speights or Williams, let along Iguodala. The last guy is a pipe dream, but those 3 previous ones, if sixers owner is desperate enough, then.....

ElPigto
01-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Don't be mad that your Knicks have nothing of value to offer. :oldlol:

G-train
01-01-2010, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't take Iggy. I doubt Morey would too - I call BS.

He is an overpaid try hard superstar. A decent wingman, but overpaid.

kumquat
01-01-2010, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't take Iggy. I doubt Morey would too - I call BS.

He is an overpaid try hard superstar. A decent wingman, but overpaid.

Please stop posting.

Lou will is an overrated talent if I were philly, he's the guy i'd use for trade bait.

G-train
01-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Please stop posting.

Lou will is an overrated talent if I were philly, he's the guy i'd use for trade bait.

LOL. I post whatever I like thanks, especially as its fact.

5 years $65m or so for a third option? No thanks.

Get with it.

brantonli
01-01-2010, 12:11 PM
LOL. I post whatever I like thanks, especially as its fact.

5 years $65m or so for a third option? No thanks.

Get with it.

We are talking about getting Iguodala, for a guy who doesn't want to play for the Rockets any more, and even if we let him expire we aren't going to get anything remotely close to that kind of talent level.

And what's wrong with try hard superstars? At least they try hard.

G-train
01-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Rox don't need an Iguadala type, especially at that price. They already have Ariza and Battier at those spots.

The Rockets need another big man, and a shooter.

brantonli
01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I would argue that a star SF is exactly what Ariza and Battier need. They (Especially Ariza) are role players trying to fill too big of a shoe, and somebody needs to shoulder the load apart from Brooks, and Ariza and Battier struggle when they try to fill that role (yes they have their on nights, but also inconsistent nights in between). That's part of the reason why Adelman told Ariza to concentrate on all the other areas of bball, and 'let the scoring come to him'.

G-train
01-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Well thats my point - Iggy isn't a star small forward. He just gets paid like one. Ask a knowledgeable Philly fan.

G-train
01-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't always agree with Simmons but I agree with him on Iggy (exerpt from his latest article).

"As always with the Grizzlies, there's a problem looming: Rudy Gay (playing well) has moved into the deadly Iguodala Zone for nonfranchise players who will get overpaid and, even worse, start believing this makes them franchise players."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/091223&sportCat=nba

GOBB
01-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Dont give up Speights. Tmac cap expirer would clear some payroll. Trade Dalembert who will be an expiring contract at seasons end. More money. We sign Lebron James, draft John Wall and win the european championship.

I do like how the Rockets are putting out there we're not going to give you Tmac's hefty expirer without you giving up some talented players in return. At $23mil? I really cant fault Houston for thinkin that way. Why help another teams financial woes for nothing.

bagelred
01-01-2010, 02:35 PM
This confirms that I was right all along. Houston is not going to have any real cap space no matter what they do and Morey knows it. So he's going to take on contracts for talent and stay over the cap.

However, he's putting himself into another McGrady situation. Iggy is overpaid and a looooooong contract. I know Morey has a hard on for versatile players but really? Plus all the other guys he'll have to take back? I don't know......It takes Iggy 40 minutes to get those 18 points a game.....

Yet he won't take Jeffries one year of contract....please......:rolleyes:

Philly I'm sure doesn't want to give up big time talent, but clearly whatever Philly is doing is not working. "Starting over" and clearing $23 million next year from payroll isn't worst idea.

WeaponX2024
01-01-2010, 02:53 PM
76ers are throwing in big names other than Dalembert now..

According to a source close to the situation, the Houston Rockets have said they would only consider shipping McGrady to the Sixers if the Sixers "knocked the Rockets over" with the amount of young talent included in the deal.

The source said that the teams have not spoken in "more than a week," but that a deal involving Iguodala "has a chance."

The same source said the Rockets were unwilling to trade McGrady for Sixers center Samuel Dalembert and power forward Elton Brand, although the source confirmed that the Sixers have been trying to unload both players.

Raj Da Dodge
01-01-2010, 02:58 PM
If we get Iggy for t-mac, I'm gonna cry and get a heart attack...

Skywalker
01-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I think you'll be alright then....

GOBB
01-01-2010, 04:14 PM
It takes Iggy 40 minutes to get those 18 points a game.....

Iggy does more than score. Its closer to 19-20ppg in 40mins but he does other things as well. He was nor has ever been looked at as a big scoring threat. So why now? It took Pippen the same amount of mins to score 19-21ppg. Yet that was never a big deal. Why? Really not a question that needs to be answered. You know the answer and it applies to Iggy.

iggy>
01-01-2010, 06:27 PM
if the sixers give up thad or speights i will be pissed

D-Rose
01-01-2010, 06:34 PM
The Sixers would just dump Iggy? That's surprising.

Raj Da Dodge
01-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Iggy does more than score. Its closer to 19-20ppg in 40mins but he does other things as well. He was nor has ever been looked at as a big scoring threat. So why now? It took Pippen the same amount of mins to score 19-21ppg. Yet that was never a big deal. Why? Really not a question that needs to be answered. You know the answer and it applies to Iggy.
are u basically saying that Iggy is a young pippen??? Or is like Pippen?

ElPigto
01-01-2010, 07:41 PM
This confirms that I was right all along. Houston is not going to have any real cap space no matter what they do and Morey knows it. So he's going to take on contracts for talent and stay over the cap.

However, he's putting himself into another McGrady situation. Iggy is overpaid and a looooooong contract. I know Morey has a hard on for versatile players but really? Plus all the other guys he'll have to take back? I don't know......It takes Iggy 40 minutes to get those 18 points a game.....

Yet he won't take Jeffries one year of contract....please......:rolleyes:

Philly I'm sure doesn't want to give up big time talent, but clearly whatever Philly is doing is not working. "Starting over" and clearing $23 million next year from payroll isn't worst idea.

See, this is why we pay Morey the big bucks.

I remember how much you pushed Curry for T-mac this summer thinking we were going to suck, but look at the faith Houston put in our players and we have a great team. I think I'll trust Morey, even though I'm not a huge Andre fan.

G-train
01-01-2010, 07:46 PM
are u basically saying that Iggy is a young pippen??? Or is like Pippen?

I believe he is saying that he is a versatile 'pippen like' player, in that he defends well, passes, rebounds, makes good athletic plays, leads the break, finshes the break, etc. So points aren't everything with him.

And I think he would be good in Houston, playing off Ming.

Just not at that price.

Raj Da Dodge
01-01-2010, 07:58 PM
I believe he is saying that he is a versatile 'pippen like' player, in that he defends well, passes, rebounds, makes good athletic plays, leads the break, finshes the break, etc. So points aren't everything with him.

And I think he would be good in Houston, playing off Ming.

Just not at that price.
ohhh yea true true...yea i get what you're saying now...

GOBB
01-01-2010, 08:32 PM
I dont think Iggy's contract is that bad in comparison to others. And at the end of the day? For what you think he is actually worth? He would have never recieved much like any NBA player. Basically Sixers dont pay him what they did, someone else would have. Now that doesnt mean you cant say nor is justification he isnt overpaid to you. But it keeps in perspective NBA contracts in the game right now. Look at Richard Jefferson? Is he overpaid or paid fairly?

Iggy to me is Lebron lite, only he should never be forced to play SG moreso SF. And he would be more valuable as a #2 or #3 player on a team. When I say 33, I'm speaking a trio of players who tend to compliment one another in some way. I mean shyt, Caron Butler, Twan Jamison, Gilbert Arenas. Jason Kidd, Rjeff, Kmart. Something along those lines. Asking him to be your franchise? Asking him to carry your team? Thats not him no matter how he tries to be that kind of player.

He can be what Lamar Odumb has been for teams in his career.

bagelred
01-01-2010, 08:36 PM
See, this is why we pay Morey the big bucks.

I remember how much you pushed Curry for T-mac this summer thinking we were going to suck, but look at the faith Houston put in our players and we have a great team. I think I'll trust Morey, even though I'm not a huge Andre fan.

I know Morey is smart. I just underestimated how desperate some teams are to throw excellent talent his way and also Morey's willingness to take back big time long term contracts. Morey, to me, is a value trader. He wants guys at the right price. That's why going for Iggy is odd for me. Seems unMorey like.

brantonli
01-01-2010, 09:12 PM
From Adrian Wojashdoshdousn's Twitter account:

@WojYahooNBA

As Wiz move to demolish roster, front office is seriously exploring a deal for T-Mac's expiring deal, sources say. Butler likely bait.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Are you serious? 2 teams desperate to make a move. Oh boy, Butler or Iguodala.....why isn't there a salivating icon?

Raj Da Dodge
01-01-2010, 09:13 PM
From Adrian Wojashdoshdousn's Twitter account:

@WojYahooNBA

As Wiz move to demolish roster, front office is seriously exploring a deal for T-Mac's expiring deal, sources say. Butler likely bait.

Are you serious? 2 teams desperate to make a move. Oh boy, Butler or Iguodala.....why isn't there a salivating icon?
I would rather have Iggy than Butler cuz Iggy's younger than Butler.

brantonli
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM
I would rather have Iggy than Butler cuz Iggy's younger than Butler.

I think it's almost a miracle that Morey can pick and choose his trades for a guy like McGrady.

G-train
01-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Here is an interesting trade scenario I created - think about it before rejecting on face value.

Houston receives Amare Stoudemire and Leandro Barbosa
Phoenix receives McGrady, Carl Landry and Chase Budinger

Houston now has a championship contending team, especially when Yao returns.
Phoenix gets heaps of cap flexibility, 2 good players and a good young player - and at least some compensation for Amare.

And yes the salaries work.

Raj Da Dodge
01-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Here is an interesting trade scenario I created - think about it before rejecting on face value.

Phoenix gets heaps of cap flexibility, 2 good players and a good young player - and at least some compensation for Amare.

That almost happened last season bro...during the trade deadline week.

brantonli
01-01-2010, 09:43 PM

Interesting, but Phoenix can't be that ready to blow up their team? I mean, you can't ensure you get a player of equal talent with the cap space McGrady's contract creates, and it basically says farewell to this season.

G-train
01-01-2010, 10:21 PM
That almost happened last season bro...during the trade deadline week.
Cool, I didnt know that - they should do it this year IMO.

Interesting, but Phoenix can't be that ready to blow up their team? I mean, you can't ensure you get a player of equal talent with the cap space McGrady's contract creates, and it basically says farewell to this season.

It appears that they blow up their team, but they don't.

McGrady is 30 years old, and would be in the hands of the Phoenix medical staff. That is the key. He could become a great player for a few more years.
Landry is a great scorer this season, and basically replaces Stoudemire's production. That is hard to believe, but the numbers prove it. He just isnt as flashy.

Nash
T-Mac
Hill
Landry
Frye

J-Rich
Dudley
etc

brantonli
01-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Cool, I didnt know that - they should do it this year IMO.

It appears that they blow up their team, but they don't.

McGrady is 30 years old, and would be in the hands of the Phoenix medical staff. That is the key. He could become a great player for a few more years.
Landry is a great scorer this season, and basically replaces Stoudemire's production. That is hard to believe, but the numbers prove it. He just isnt as flashy.

Nash
T-Mac
Hill
Landry
Frye

J-Rich
Dudley
etc

Oh I know that Landry can score, but despite everything Stoudemire is, ultimately, far more talented than Landry.

Actually, when I reconsider this trade, I would be a bit hesistant at jumping at this trade. My biggest concern is the loss of the hustle from Landry. I can't find the stats now, but the Rockets were 2nd in the league in offensive rebounding (at one point they were first, then Grizzlies overtook them), and in fact, Landry just squeeks past Stoudemire in offensive rebouding (Landry 2.5, Stoudemire, 2.4) and this is with Landry playing 8 less minutes a game.

1~Gibson~1
01-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Cavs Get: Elton Brand

Houston Get: Iggy, Z (Buy-Out), $3 Million

Phili Get: T-Mac, Hickson

:banana:

ok, back to reality

ronnymac
01-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Cavs Get: Elton Brand

Houston Get: Iggy, Z (Buy-Out), $3 Million

Phili Get: T-Mac, Hickson

:banana:

ok, back to reality
Why would the Cavstake on Brands 14 mill this year and 18 mill for the rest of he's duration of contract?

ronnymac
01-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Morey just knows how to get it done in Negotiations. Or a more broad definition, ass raping other GM's in broad day light.

1~Gibson~1
01-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Why would the Cavstake on Brands 14 mill this year and 18 mill for the rest of he's duration of contract?
a stretch 4 to play alongside Shaq and what if LeBron leaves???

then Brand could be our franchise player :confusedshrug:

ronnymac
01-02-2010, 12:41 AM
a stretch 4 to play alongside Shaq and what if LeBron leaves???

then Brand could be our franchise player :confusedshrug:
Brand Franchise player? what? Shaking my head in disbelife.

1~Gibson~1
01-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Brand Franchise player? what? Shaking my head in disbelife.
we'd still probably get a decent 2010 free agent and we'd still have Mo Williams. and Brand is still a 20/10 player (or more like 17/8 now);he just doesnt fit in well with Iggy, Thad, and the 76ers' offense.

of course, we wouldnt be that good, but then again it's a good start.

brantonli
01-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Oh boy, just saw this image in a photoshop McGrady thread on the BBS, made me laugh...

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9216/allstartracymcgradyb.jpg

bagelred
01-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Similar to the Knicks/Bulls/Rockets trade:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zeyqhl.png

Rockets get a great player in Butler. Butler and Jeffries have one more year, but if Rockets take Butler, then they are over the cap anyway.....Both expire 2011. James an expirer.

Wizards get two scorers that are both expirers. They also save $2.1 million in rest of years salary and then $2.1 million in luxury tax money.

Knicks get TMac trial for rest of season and clear out Jeffries contract for next year.

I like Bulls trade better, but this could work.

rezznor
01-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Similar to the Knicks/Bulls/Rockets trade:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zeyqhl.png

Rockets get a great player in Butler. Butler and Jeffries have one more year, but if Rockets take Butler, then they are over the cap anyway.....Both expire 2011. James an expirer.

Wizards get two scorers that are both expirers. They also save $2.1 million in rest of years salary and then $2.1 million in luxury tax money.

Knicks get TMac trial for rest of season and clear out Jeffries contract for next year.

I like Bulls trade better, but this could work.

i like this trade

bagelred
01-02-2010, 01:44 AM
OK, here's a question for the Rockets fans.

An NBA team is allowed to have 15 guys on the roster in total. Obviously, 12 dress for the games and 3 don't, but you can't have more than 15.

When you make a trade, you MUST have open roster spots available for the players coming in. So if McGrady is traded away, for let's say, 3 players, Rockets will need two extra roster spots.

So Rocket fans....what is Houston going to do? Who is going to get cut or moved somehow to open spots?

Comprende?

D-Rose
01-02-2010, 01:48 AM
OK, here's a question for the Rockets fans.

An NBA team is allowed to have 15 guys on the roster in total. Obviously, 12 dress for the games and 3 don't, but you can't have more than 15.

When you make a trade, you MUST have open roster spots available for the players coming in. So if McGrady is traded away, for let's say, 3 players, Rockets will need two extra roster spots.

So Rocket fans....what is Houston going to do? Who is going to get cut or moved somehow to open spots?

Comprende?
Mike Harris I'd imagine.

brantonli
01-02-2010, 01:57 AM
I think it will be very likely McGrady gets moved along with some fillers (in fact, isn't Brian Cook an expirer this season? His contract is, I think, 3 million?).

ronnymac
01-02-2010, 03:22 AM
Butler is more then enough. replace jefferies with a C and we might think about it because were loaded with SG/SF's as it is.

ronnymac
01-02-2010, 03:24 AM
Mike Harris I'd imagine.
Has a non-guranteed contract. he cant be used in a trade. most likely it'll be either Dorsey or Taylor. most likley Dorsey

D-Rose
01-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Has a non-guranteed contract. he cant be used in a trade. most likely it'll be either Dorsey or Taylor. most likley Dorsey
He meant who would you cut to makea roster space..

ronnymac
01-02-2010, 04:12 AM
He meant who would you cut to makea roster space..
Then you're right. harris with he's non-guranteed contract is the obvious choice.

Timmy D for MVP
01-07-2010, 10:41 PM
I just hope that the Rockets try to trade him alone and don't break up this team they have now. I imagine Adelman is smart enough to do that.

EDIT: I mean the team that plays. Any contracts just sitting on the bench like someone mentioned earlier Brian Cook, can be packaged.