PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Cousins: 2010 #1 Draft Pick

PleezeBelieve
12-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Is this a case where PB has to be PB again? Basically a genius of his time?

Honestly you all really, really have to start thinking for yourselves.

DeMarcus Cousins: 15.2 ppg 9.0 rpg 1.8 bpg

Yea I know, solid but not spectacular, right? Just another freshman adjusting to college ball...yea I got you.

But he's doing all this in:

18.7 minutes a night

Read that again...less than 19 minutes nightly.

Conversely, Wall is putting up 17/4/7 in 33 mpg.

Now there are some issues with Cousins getting into foul trouble but Wall has turnover problems. Basically nothing out the realm of the ordinary for highly touted freshmen carrying a high profile college program on their backs.

Now when you consider Cousins is sharing frontcourt time with junior, Patrick Patterson, you can not turn a blind eye to this production just cause John Wall has more hype behind him.

Basically this thread is an opprotunity for you to use your own brain. I was just talking to wang in another thread and he honestly said he wasn't sure if Cousins was a lottery pick at the moment.

:roll:

I know, I shouldn't laugh. But its just so damn funny how people will hop on bandwagons just cause ESPN is telling them to. Cousins certainly is a lottery pick. In fact he's #1 draft pick type talent.

The Big Skinny
12-30-2009, 05:05 PM
In comes PB haters...

Another year in school would help his game...

I think John Wall is the consensus #1 overall pick

PleezeBelieve
12-30-2009, 05:10 PM
In comes PB haters...

Another year in school would help his game...

I think John Wall is the consensus #1 overall pick
John Wall is not the consensus #1 pick. I know this, not because ESPN is telling me, but by watching the two play.

How novel!!!!

JayGuevara
12-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I think he'll be a lottery pick, but are you saying he's likely to be drafted over Favors and Wall?

I think most of what I've heard/seen even has Patterson going before him. But that could very well change, and also Cousins has does have the size advantage. And we all know about scouts/GM's and their raging hard-on for size and potential. :confusedshrug:

But I know you need your daily dose of attention PB, so I'm not gonna deprive you of that, but you're really saying Cousins > Wall and Favors and whoever that Lithuania (I think?) PF is that I keep hearin people **** themselves over?

D-Rose
12-30-2009, 05:13 PM
I think he'll be a lottery pick, but are you saying he's likely to be drafted over Favors and Wall?

I think most of what I've heard/seen even has Patterson going before him. But that could very well change, and also Cousins has does have the size advantage. And we all know about scouts/GM's and their raging hard-on for size and potential. :confusedshrug:

But I know you need your daily dose of attention PB, so I'm not gonna deprive you of that, but you're really saying Cousins > Wall and Favors and whoever that Lithuania (I think?) PF is that I keep hearin people **** themselves over?
Donatas Motiejunas

MeLO MvP 15
12-30-2009, 05:19 PM
i just checked draft express and they predict him to go 28th.... but from watching his high lights, he looks similar to al horford, so he will probably go around 10/12 cuz of teams needing centers.... looks like a good fit for OKC or Toronto

Kebab Stall
12-30-2009, 05:19 PM
The 2010 draft is going to be very fun to see it unfold. There are a bunch of players that could potentially go number 1. Guys like Wall, Montyjewnus (or whatever the hell his name is), Monroe, Favors, Cousins, Warren, Patterson, Turner, Aldrich could all go within the top 5 of the draft. It's about time we got a nice, deep draft like this.

JayGuevara
12-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Donatas Motiejunas

Yeah him. I've never seen him play, but from everything I've heard he's top 5.

In my personal opinion, Wall should be the consensus number 1, but with a lot of the lottery teams already having very good PG prospects locked up, depending on who gets that number 1 pick, Favors could go first. Though I assume most teams will still go with Wall and make trades or figure it out later.

That's my philosophy from years of Live/2k, draft the best player possible and figure the rest out later. :oldlol:

PleezeBelieve
12-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Nothing you've heard has Patterson over Cousins. Nothing.

As far as Favors goes, he's the one that needs one or two more years of college ball. Cousins' game is NBA ready. There are questions about his drive to be the best he can be, but that will he determined later in the year during the tourney.

The Big Skinny
12-30-2009, 05:27 PM
John Wall is not the consensus #1 pick. I know this, not because ESPN is telling me, but by watching the two play.

How novel!!!!

congrats on watching the two play.

What John Wall possesses is something that many players don't have. A combination of quickness, the ability to finish and the killer instinct. He is similar to Derrick Rose, but has a much better jumper and a 3 point shot.

skilled big men in the lottery are not hard to come by. point guards are..

PleezeBelieve
12-30-2009, 05:28 PM
i just checked draft express and they predict him to go 28th.... but from watching his high lights, he looks similar to al horford, so he will probably go around 10/12 cuz of teams needing centers.... looks like a good fit for OKC or Toronto
I dont give a f*ck what draft site you been to. If you seriously think this guy will go outside the top-10, you're smoking crack. :roll:

He's arguably the most talented player on the team.

And :roll: :roll: :roll: @ thinking Favors will go #1.

KG5MVP
12-30-2009, 05:29 PM

What John Wall possesses is something that many players don't have. A combination of quickness, the ability to finish and the killer instinct. He is similar to Derrick Rose, but has a much better jumper and a 3 point shot.

i think u got it opposite, there were so much good PG drafts in the last few years, but NO good bigman

The Big Skinny
12-30-2009, 05:32 PM
I dont give a f*ck what draft site you been to. If you seriously think this guy will go outside the top-10, you're smoking crack. :roll:

No way Favors goes #1. I haven't seen much of him, but from what I've seen he is by no means worth a #1 overall pick.

in other news,

is it just me or is Greg Monroe slipping.

any thoughts?

HylianNightmare
12-30-2009, 05:33 PM
After john wall

PleezeBelieve
12-30-2009, 05:41 PM

Much better 3p stroke?

Dude has shot 30 three pointers in 14 games so far. That's pathetic. He's uit 14 of them but that's not a point of strength for him.

The Big Skinny
12-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Much better 3p stroke?

Dude has 30 three pointers in 14 games so far. That's pathetic. He's uit 14 of them but that's not a point of strength for him.

ehh...his shot at this stage is much better then rose's was his freshman year.

I feel his biggest flaw is his wiry frame. is it the Kentucky Wildcats tight jerseys or is he really just that d*mn skinny?

PleezeBelieve
12-30-2009, 05:44 PM
No way Favors goes #1. I haven't seen much of him, but from what I've seen he is by no means worth a #1 overall pick.

in other news,

any thoughts?
He should have came out this year. He's bored in the Princeton offense.

Top 7 pick next year.

Maniak
12-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Phoenix welcomes you with open arms.

statman32
12-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Are we gonna draft him in the 2nd round or something?

Kebab Stall
12-30-2009, 06:04 PM

in other news,

any thoughts?
He's slipping because he's not getting the hype of someone like Wall, despite being one of the best big men in the country and possibly the most skilled big man in the country. He's not flashy, but he get's the job done. Georgetown's big slip last season also didn't help him either. He's really got to carry G'town far this year in order to rocket up the draft boards.

There's no doubt in my mind that he is a top 5 talent in this very deep class and does have potential to go top 3, but then again, we all know that hype and athleticism is far more valued than anything else.

I like to think of him as a very poor man's Tim Duncan. No flash, little to no athleticism, but he gets the job done and he wins. If he doesn't go within the top 10, I would be extremely surprised. Which ever team manages to pick him up is going to be picking up a very nice treat.

Grinder
12-30-2009, 06:07 PM
I've been very high on Cousins for a long time and have no idea why he's projected outside the lottery. When he's focused and playing well, he's the best big man in college basketball.

His problem is that he gets unraveled easily and is like the NCAA version of Sheed. He's also not that athletic and could bulk up a little bit. He's got huge potential for sure.

There's absolutely no way Monroe goes number 1 and top 5 is probably a stretch at this point.

PleezeBelieve
12-30-2009, 06:07 PM
He's slipping because he's not getting the hype of someone like Wall, despite being one of the best big men in the country and possibly the most skilled big man in the country. He's not flashy, but he get's the job done. Georgetown's big slip last season also didn't help him either. He's really got to carry G'town far this year in order to rocket up the draft boards.

There's no doubt in my mind that he is a top 5 talent in this very deep class and does have potential to go top 3, but then again, we all know that hype and athleticism is far more valued than anything else.

I like to think of him as a very poor man's Tim Duncan. No flash, little to no athleticism, but he gets the job done and he wins. If he doesn't go within the top 10, I would be extremely surprised. Which ever team manages to pick him up is going to be picking up a very nice treat.
Wouldn't he make perfect sense for Utah using the Knicks pick?

UConnCeltics
12-30-2009, 06:18 PM
PB, you have no clue what you are talking about. First of all, you probably just heard this on ESPN. Second, he gets these numbers playing cupcakes. Kentucky has only played 2 teams that have NBA talent, North Carolina and UConn. In those games he is a 7/7 player. If you want to pop a boner over his play against absolute scrub teams, go ahead.

wang4three
12-30-2009, 06:19 PM
He hasn't even been the best big man on his team.

PleezeBelieve
12-30-2009, 06:25 PM
He hasn't even been the best big man on his team.
Okay, see you in June.

lukekarts
12-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Who has the ability to ban PB from this board? His topics are worthless and all his replies are trolling.

MeLO MvP 15
12-30-2009, 07:09 PM

im ****ing saying that i think he is going at 28, but im just saying what so called "experts" predict... if he was the most talented, he'd get a lot more minutes, that means the coach obviously sees something he does not like... i stick by my point this guy will go anywhere from the mid lottery (7 or 8 pick) to the the early 20s

rknine15
12-30-2009, 07:36 PM
This is a joke, right?

If you watched yesterdays game you would've saw Wall break the UK record for ast in a game- 16. How many of them were lobs to Cousins??? AT LEAST 4.

Dont get it twisted Cousins is a good player however he will not be the number 1 pick. Please slap your self if you think so.

bdreason
12-30-2009, 08:10 PM
I can tell you've never even watched Cousins play. He is still a very raw player, that is going to takes years at the NBA level to develop.

Thunderstruck
12-30-2009, 08:15 PM

Yes, and then we will take that pick from you. Thanks :lol

GOBB
12-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Okay, see you in June.

And then this thread will be bumped, posters will laugh. And you'll deflect the attention of you lookin like an ass to "See how many replies/views? I'm a star. Move over Hannah Montana.

All someone has to do is bump your past threads on college talent. And notice you fail more than win.

PleezeBelieve
01-02-2010, 07:00 PM
And then this thread will be bumped, posters will laugh. And you'll deflect the attention of you lookin like an ass to "See how many replies/views? I'm a star. Move over Hannah Montana.

All someone has to do is bump your past threads on college talent. And notice you fail more than win.
So how you going to deflect off Cousins 18/18 game today?

Here, let me pull one of your egotistical moves:

"Oh, Cousins' stats don't matter cause his name isnt John Wall, right?"

Did I do that correctly?

rknine15
01-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Cousins should've been tossed for that cheap shot at the start of the game.

He played well but he's still no #1 pick. His ceiling is very low. Way to slow, plays below the rim, he can't shoot. He is strong and has long arms but overall he's got a low ceiling.

bdreason
01-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Did I do that correctly?

Did you watch the game?

Cousins had a couple decent post moves... but most of his buckets were spoon fed. Also, Louisville couldn't hit anything in this game, and defensive rebounds were a plenty.

Cousins is still a raw player... much less refined than Wall. Cousins also has a bad temper, and seems to lose focus easily. He should have been ejected from the game today for throwing a cheap elbow on the ground; only one of many temper tantrums he threw during the game.

Cousins is definately an NBA talent, but he's also a project. Nobody who watches Kentucky play this year (scouts) would draft Cousins over Wall.

PleezeBelieve
01-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Cousins should've been tossed for that cheap shot at the start of the game.

He played well but he's still no #1 pick. His ceiling is very low. Way to slow, plays below the rim, he can't shoot. He is strong and has long arms but overall he's got a low ceiling.
Lol @ this post. You must have been thrown off by Wall's 'electric' 17/1/4. :rolleyes:

A Roc 23
01-02-2010, 07:15 PM
He reminds me of Brendan Haywood.

He's good, but he fouls too much and plays below the rim. You want your NBA center to either have good post moves or play above the rim.

Every time I watch Cousins he gets blocked 2-3 times a game. His post moves are super slow.

Oh and he looks tired after the first 5 minutes of play, which cause him to commit really stupid fouls.

PleezeBelieve
01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Did you watch the game?

Cousins had a couple decent post moves... but most of his buckets were spoon fed. Also, Louisville couldn't hit anything in this game, and defensive rebounds were a plenty.

Cousins is still a raw player... much less refined than Wall. Cousins also has a bad temper, and seems to lose focus easily. He should have been ejected from the game today for throwing a cheap elbow on the ground; only one of many temper tantrums he threw during the game.

Cousins is definately an NBA talent, but he's also a project. Nobody who watches Kentucky play this year (scouts) would draft Cousins over Wall.
Right. Stats only matter when Wall puts them up.

rknine15
01-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Lol @ this post. You must have been thrown off by Wall's 'electric' 17/1/4. :rolleyes:
:wtf: what kind of response is this???? LOL @ your opinion.

IcanzIIravor
01-02-2010, 07:35 PM

Did I do that correctly?

I think one should look at consistency. Is he a great talent? Sure, but does he consistently bring it every game? If you have watched any of there games at all or followed their play you'd know the answer to that. That team is not undefeated right now without Wall leading the way.

GOBB
01-02-2010, 08:17 PM
He has 18pts but if you looked how he got those 18? It was ugly and wouldnt fly in the NBA. He beasted today, let me make that clear. But how he beasted I dont see where I would take him #1 overall. I'd take Greg Monroe over him. Heck one more he just cleared the defender out ala Shaq where he extended his elbows and turned clearing space to put up a bucket.

OneMoreSucka
01-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Wall

nestea()
01-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I really think Cousins should stay in school for another year. He can develop more offensive skills. Patrick Patterson and John Wall are going to leave for the NBA anyway so I could see him getting way more minutes. He could get monster numbers next year and then solidify his position as the clear number one pick in the 2011 NBA Draft.

Nanners
01-02-2010, 09:34 PM
gotta love this trolls argument: "tonight i watched a college basketball game, and cousins had better stats than wall and therefore will be the #1 pick in the NBA draft!!!!!!!!!!"
:oldlol:

Dasher
01-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Cousins does not have a low ceiling. He will more than likely not go #1. The question with Cousins has never been his ability. I agree with PB that he is the most talented player on that team. The reason he dropped from being the consensus #1 high school prospect, a position he held for 2 years and a big chunk of last year was because of his attitude, and the irregular behavior of his handlers. His fiery personality and John Calipari pulling in the reigns on him has limited his opportunities to flash his skills. The kid has wing handles, a nice post game, and shooting stroke. Draft sites who have him and Monroe in the late teens and 20s are really making themselves look more idiotic than usual.

Favors has largely been unimpressive this year. Gani Lawal is older than him, but the gulf in skill between Gani and Derrick is vast.

Greg Monroe is not unathletic. His lateral movement is great, and he has a nice 1st step.

Did someone really say that PGs are more rare and valuable than skilled bigs?

PleezeBelieve
02-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Bump

dr8ked
02-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Demarcus cousins is Raw. The thing i like about him is he rebounds hard, on Offense and defense, someone just mentioned that he gets 20 pts but they are dirty :wtf: .. Thats because he rebounds hard on the Offenseive glass. Any lose ball thats within his reach, he tries hard to get it. Patterson is a poor mans version of Glen robinson, he dissapears in some games, like the 1 game they lost to south Carolina. Cousins is consistent, especially on the Boards, you can count on him crashing it hard. His attitude is what many are pointing out as a problem, but to me, i think it;s the Passion for the Game that makes it look like he has an attitude. Derrick Favors is good and athletic, but he's what, 6,8 ? with no jump shot ??? can we say Carlos boozer without a jump shot?? I like his athleticism, he's wing span would problably make up for his height, but he's still need a Jump shot. :confusedshrug:

CLTHornets4eva
02-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I think he could go as high as 2 but no way he's ahead of Wall.

PleezeBelieve
02-06-2010, 06:52 PM
I think he could go as high as 2 but no way he's ahead of Wall.
Why not? He consistently looks better than him.

And :roll: :oldlol: :roll: @ the thread being one-starred.

Me > You

O.J A 6'4Mamba
02-06-2010, 07:00 PM
PB has a point.todays game

Cousins: 19 points 10 boards
Wall: 6 points 4 rebs 3 assists

CLTHornets4eva
02-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Why not? He consistently looks better than him.

And :roll: :oldlol: :roll: @ the thread being one-starred.

Me > You

Pluuuuuuuuuuuuueese Wall is dirty, he could start right now on 20 teams. You can't say that about Cousins. Cousins is a much more raw player and this was Wall's worst game of the season. He is the leader of that team hand he is a future star. I think he will be better coming out of college than Rose.

HylianNightmare
02-06-2010, 07:30 PM
He looked damn fine today

Papaya Petee
02-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Unfortunatly, PB might be correct. DeMarcus has been flat out nasty. IMO he's a better player then Wall. Plus hes a big guy, while Wall is a point guard, so it all depends on who lands the #1 pick.

SEEBASS1234
02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
http://healium.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

haha it will most likely be john wall. wall is a very talented player and he already has a huge fan base ($$$)

GOBB
02-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Unfortunatly, PB might be correct. DeMarcus has been flat out nasty. IMO he's a better player then Wall. Plus hes a big guy, while Wall is a point guard, so it all depends on who lands the #1 pick.

Right about what? And when did Cousins establish himself as the best big in this draft? Can i read those articles you are reading? I like Greg Monroe over John Wall, dont mean Monroe is going #1 in the damn draft.

dough
03-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Who here still believes Cousins should go #1?

Kellogs4toniee
03-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Cousin's is still pretty raw.

There's just too many bigs that have been drafted in that past that take too many years in the NBA before they start developing into a quality center.

I think if he stays in school for another year without players like Bledsoe and Wall, he will have more opportunities to polish his skillset. With the talent he's shown his Freshman year, I don't see him not going number one if he did stay another year.

In this years draft though, there has just been to much hype and positive-talk about Wall. I really don't see any of the lottery teams passing on him if they had the number one pick. Even if they didn't need a point guard, they could hold him for a slightly lower pick + future draft rights or other players.

Kiddlovesnets
03-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Well its not even certain that he'd quit college at this point...

2LeTTeRS
03-29-2010, 04:01 PM

Is this true? With his size and how much Cousins was producing even in the earlier part of the year, I can't believe that Draft Express had Cousins going 28th on Dec 30th.

lilgodfather1
03-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Is this true? With his size and how much Cousins was producing even in the earlier part of the year, I can't believe that Draft Express had Cousins going 28th on Dec 30th.
That would be sick if true. That means that it could possibly leave the door open for Cleveland tosnatch him if they buy a pick.

Jailblazers7
03-29-2010, 04:17 PM
There is no chance he is still there at 28. I would be surprised to see him fall out of the top 10.

PleezeBelieve
03-29-2010, 04:18 PM
What big isn't raw his freshman year in basketball. Look at his stats. Dude had an all-time great season for freshman bigs, particularly when you loom at his ppm averages.

Look, the guy is special. Has special talent that cannot be taught. His motor. His size. His skill on the boards. Had solid passing ability.

There are questions tho. Can he maintain his weight? Will he control his temper if he's a success at the next level? How coachable is he?

All those points are legitimate, but man, how do you pass on that type of talent? He's a 25/15/4/3 60% big man if he maximizes his potential.

PleezeBelieve
03-29-2010, 04:20 PM
:oldlol: @ people entertaining the notion this guy won't be a surefire top-3 pick.

Jailblazers7
03-29-2010, 04:21 PM
What big isn't raw his freshman year in basketball. Look at his stats. Dude had an all-time great season for freshman bigs, particularly when you loom at his ppm averages.

Look, the guy is special. Has special talent that cannot be taught. His motor. His size. His skill on the boards. Had solid passing ability.

There are questions tho. Can he maintain his weight? Will he control his temper if he's a success at the next level? How coachable is he?

All those points are legitimate, but man, how do you pass on that type of talent? He's a 25/15/4/3 60% big man if he maximizes his potential.

That's a big if.

lilgodfather1
03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Every single mockdraft I have looked at including DraftExpress has him in the top 5 and 3 had him in the top 3 (I looked at 4).

Jailblazers7
03-29-2010, 04:23 PM
:oldlol: @ people entertaining the notion this guy won't be a surefire top-3 pick.

He could easily be out of the top 3. Wall, Monroe, Turner, Favors, etc. This is a really deep class and he is not a surefire top 3 pick.

PleezeBelieve
03-29-2010, 04:28 PM
He could easily be out of the top 3. Wall, Monroe, Turner, Favors, etc. This is a really deep class and he is not a surefire top 3 pick.
I'm telling you Cousins has #1 pick talent and you're talking about Favors and Monroe?

Get real.

Sometimes I swear, you guys overdose on being simple-minded. Watch the f*cking game for yourself and stop waiting for someone on ESPN to tell you what the truth is. And if you have problems doing any of this, just listen to me. I'm the better alternative anyway.

dough
03-29-2010, 04:34 PM
25/15/4/3 60%

Pb can you show me a list of players who did that the last fifty years?

PleezeBelieve
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
25/15/4/3 60%

Pb can you show me a list of players who did that the last fifty years?
This guy has the girth/size/wingspan/mobility combination like very few have seen before. Dude is monster. He's easily a better prospect than a 19-year old Dwight Howard.

dough
03-29-2010, 04:46 PM
This guy has the girth/size/wingspan/mobility combination like very few have seen before. Dude is monster. He's easily a better prospect than a 19-year old Dwight Howard.
Can you show me a list?

UConnCeltics
03-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Cousins is the best player in the draft. Would love to see him on the Nets with Brook Lopez.

dagreatesteva25
03-29-2010, 04:53 PM

2LeTTeRS
03-29-2010, 04:53 PM
There is no chance he is still there at 28. I would be surprised to see him fall out of the top 10.

Of course he's not still there, just wanted somebody to confirm if he was actually ranked that low earlier in the year before before his stock started to rise.

fubu05
03-29-2010, 05:00 PM

Yea I know, solid but not spectacular, right? Just another freshman adjusting to college ball...yea I got you.

18.7 minutes a night

Now there are some issues with Cousins getting into foul trouble but Wall has turnover problems. Basically nothing out the realm of the ordinary for highly touted freshmen carrying a high profile college program on their backs.

Now when you consider Cousins is sharing frontcourt time with junior, Patrick Patterson, you can not turn a blind eye to this production just cause John Wall has more hype behind him.

Basically this thread is an opprotunity for you to use your own brain. I was just talking to wang in another thread and he honestly said he wasn't sure if Cousins was a lottery pick at the moment.

I know, I shouldn't laugh. But its just so damn funny how people will hop on bandwagons just cause ESPN is telling them to. Cousins certainly is a lottery pick. In fact he's #1 draft pick type talent.

Yes Cousins is amazing. His upside is incredible once you get past his attitude. And all those will come with time, but #1? I don't know. This could possibly be one of the best drafts, when you think about who's in it.

Cousins
Wall
Evan Turner
Wesley Johnson
Xavier Henry
Derrick Favors
Jarvis Varnado
Donatas Motiejunas

I think we all hear about Cousins/Favors/Motiejunas at the PF/C position, but come on, what about Varnado? He's a guy that really doesn't get as much hype as he deserves. Sure he needs to pack on some pounds, get bigger, but the guy has a 7'4 WINGSPAN :eek: :bowdown: He also just turned 22, so it's not like he's super old or something. I know he lacks the NBA body, but come on, if Bosh can put on 20 pounds of muscle, I'm sure anyone will be able to. His offensive game is still raw, but the defensive specialist that this dude is, too good to pass up. I mean essentially you have NJ with the possible #1 pick and #31 pick. They could possibly get Wall and Varnado. Varnado along with Lopez, my god, watch out.

lilgodfather1
03-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Can you show me a list?
For one game? LOL

noob cake
03-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Cousins is a physical beast; he looks so much bigger than he is, much like Dwight. Might have low IQ and be a headcase. Teams beware.

I'll take Monroe and Favors over him.

Jailblazers7
03-29-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm telling you Cousins has #1 pick talent and you're talking about Favors and Monroe?

Get real.

Sometimes I swear, you guys overdose on being simple-minded. Watch the f*cking game for yourself and stop waiting for someone on ESPN to tell you what the truth is. And if you have problems doing any of this, just listen to me. I'm the better alternative anyway.

:oldlol:

So now I don't watch the games and blindly follow espn? Nice to know.

Favors wasn't impressive to start the year but he finished very strong. He is versatile and long and def has top 3 pick talent.

Same with Monroe. Do you watch his games at all? You cite passing as one of cousins strengths and then tell me he isn't the same level of talent.

Heed your own advice and try turning the TV on.

GOBB
03-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Right now I'd say Cousins has an Eddy Curry game. And if he stayed another year he'd challenge for the #1 pick. Not a lock, some intriguing prospects that could challenge for that #1 slot depending how they do in college. That kid going to Baylor is one. Perry Jones.

I dont know, really no way to check. One thing about draftexpress.com thier mocks change according to how a player is performing and/or has improved during the course of a season. Greg Monroe in a mock draft on thier site was early 20's. Now he is top 10. Wesley Johnson at the start of the season was rated high on thier site going 2 or 3. Now hes down at 8. There are alot of factors/reasons behind why they rate prospects. They do have articles/writeups about him that they update. So a person can read up on him as an HS all american, what he did at camps vs other prospects all the way into the season.

bdreason
03-29-2010, 05:09 PM
There is no way this guy goes #1. Probably the most immature top 10 pick in recent memory.

bdreason
03-29-2010, 05:12 PM
He's a 25/15/4/3 60% big man if he maximizes his potential.

You're smokin crack.

boozehound
03-29-2010, 05:17 PM
I would want my team to take wall first, cousins second if they had the chance.

brandonislegend
03-29-2010, 05:18 PM
He is so immature I watched a lot of kentucky games, everytime he got in foul trouble and the coaches tried to talk to him he acted like a big cry baby and basically told them to **** off.

dagreatesteva25
03-29-2010, 05:19 PM
He's a 25/15/4/3 60% big man if he maximizes his potential.

you do realize that no big man in recent history including Shaq, Duncan, and KG have put up those numbers. if Cousins gets those numbers he'll be top 3 all-time

TheGreatDeraj
03-29-2010, 05:26 PM
inb4 New Jersey or another team selects Cousins instead of Wall because they don't need a pg and PB trolls for a 15 page thread

2LeTTeRS
03-29-2010, 05:26 PM
There is no way this guy goes #1. Probably the most immature top 10 pick in recent memory.

I keep hearing this, but still haven't heard much explanation as to what he's actually done to warrant this reputation.

fubu05
03-29-2010, 05:29 PM
I keep hearing this, but still haven't heard much explanation as to what he's actually done to warrant this reputation.

Why he is immature? Lol guess you haven't watched any Kentucky games.

GOBB
03-29-2010, 05:36 PM

He does exactly what Rasheed Wallace does whenever he feels a foul isnt called or is called on him. He constantly pouts, moans and has been seen not only doing it on the bench but arguing back to coaches. His whole demeanor and attitude isnt positive. This has happened all season and reading articles is noticable at camps he attended. So its not a one incident thing, its a pattern of repeated behavior where its noticable. He's been lucky he hasnt been t'd up alot of thrown out of games the way he responds/reacts to certain situations.

2LeTTeRS
03-29-2010, 05:41 PM

Being honest I don't follow the college game too much, I've only seen like 4-5 games of theirs.

Andrei89
03-29-2010, 05:54 PM

Have you seen the game against West Virginia? Cousins were acting like a brat. Screaming and doing the angry kids jump when he didn't get the call.

+ Airballing layups. This guy will be a bust in the NBA

GOBB
03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Have you seen the game against West Virginia? Cousins were acting like a brat. Screaming and doing the angry kids jump when he didn't get the call.

:rolleyes:

2LeTTeRS
03-29-2010, 06:15 PM

I guess I watch so much NBA ball that I'm used to seeing players do that. Still doesn't seem like a reason to not draft a guy.

wang4three
03-29-2010, 06:19 PM
While I do not think he'll be a bust, Cousins definitely has attitude issues.

Andrei89
03-29-2010, 06:24 PM
I guess I watch so much NBA ball that I'm used to seeing players do that. Still doesn't seem like a reason to not draft a guy.

Ofc he can be drafted. i just don't expect him to perform at the expectation of people.

I see him as Michael Beasley with bigger attitude trouble. Look at Beasley how sometimes he is not able to perform cuz he is mad at the refs.

We tend to forget one big atribute at the NBA is being able to stay calm at referee calls. Not let it get inside your head.

TheTruth11
03-29-2010, 07:02 PM
I take Evan Turner #1. The guy will stuff a stat sheet and is a rare blend of height and playmaking.

I worry that Wall will be a bust. He is thin for the NBA game and not as explosive as he is hyped up to be. He has problems in the half court, is not a good shooter and is not a particularly good finisher.

The other big question with Wall is this: His body is thin for the NBA game. He will need to add weight and muscle. Point guards who drive the lane take a serious pounding in the NBA. Thus this question: how does his body respond to the added weight?? Does he loose whatever speed advantage he might have possessed in the college game by putting on weight and muscle??

There are a lot of questions with Wall.

Cousins is solid. He floor is high..... and his ceiling is even higher. There is less chance of a bust (imo) with Cousins.

But overall, I take Turner.

GOBB
03-29-2010, 07:40 PM
How is Evan Turner not a good shooter? Guy has one of the best midrange games in college basketball. He lacks range and its a ? mark at the NBA level can he hit the 3? Can he be a good 3pt shooter? But inside the arc the dude can shoot. Maybe i'm thinking of another Evan Turner. It could be me who is wrong.

kurple
03-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Not into college, but I really don't get all the Wall hype by looking at stats.

GOBB
03-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Not into college, but I really don't get all the Wall hype by looking at stats.

Most pts for a freshman in Kentucky history
Most assists for a freshman in Kentucky history (also most in school history for a single season)
2nd most steals for a freshman in Kentucky history
Most free throws made for a freshman in Kentucky history

16.6ppg 4.3rpg 6.5apg 1.8spg

Look what Jason Kidd, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose did as PGs in college. Or you didnt get the hype with them either by lookin at stats? :confusedshrug:

Wait you're not into college. Nevermind.

PleezeBelieve
03-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Unless you're Magic Johnson, PG's shouldn't go #1...period.

And this is especially the case with the talent in this draft.

kurple
03-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Paul was drafted #4. I see him as good as Rose, but nothing more

PleezeBelieve
03-29-2010, 08:32 PM
What's up with the Wall hype???

Dude can't shoot.

Won't be an elite point guard because of this, particularly if he goes to a young team.

And if he tries to swing over to a hybrid SG... :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

That's all I got to say to that...lol

VeeCee15
03-29-2010, 08:33 PM
John Wall is not as explosive as Derick Rose...not really close.

Rose also has much more hops.

GOBB
03-29-2010, 08:39 PM

Paul was hyped up as the most talented PG since Jason Kidd. But you dont follow college so its a moot point. Jason Kidd went 2nd overall in case you forgot. Not sure we are discussing draft positions moreso hype. Rose also had more hype than Wall.

ChuckOakley
03-29-2010, 08:40 PM
If Nets get #3, I'd rather they take Favors.

Favors looks like he would be a better fit next to Lopez, and while the Nets should be taking the BPA, Cousins conditioning and attitude turn me off. One "insider" even went as far as to say Cousins takes some "serious meds".

Favors seems to be much more athletic, more of a PF, a high character guy and raw enough to have loads of potential, yet good enough to play right away.

I would not be disappointed with Cousins as we need a back-up C and I'm sure he and Brook could co-exist to a certain extent, but my NJ draft board still goes
1a. Wall
1b. Turner
3. Favors
4. Cousins

GOBB
03-29-2010, 08:41 PM
What's up with the Wall hype???

Dude can't shoot.

Won't be an elite point guard because of this, particularly if he goes to a young team.

And if he tries to swing over to a hybrid SG... :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

That's all I got to say to that...lol

Derrick Rose wasnt considered a shooter either. And well as of today he balls hard. Maybe I need to bump Rose threads when he was in college to see what PleezeBelieve said about him. Think i'll use the search function here.

GOBB
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
If Nets get #3, I'd rather they take Favors.

Favors looks like he would be a better fit next to Lopez, and while the Nets should be taking the BPA, Cousins conditioning and attitude turn me off. One "insider" even went as far as to say Cousins takes some "serious meds".

Favors seems to be much more athletic, more of a PF, a high character guy and raw enough to have loads of potential, yet good enough to play right away.

I would not be disappointed with Cousins as we need a back-up C and I'm sure he and Brook could co-exist to a certain extent, but my NJ draft board still goes
1a. Wall
1b. Turner
3. Favors
4. Cousins

No Greg Monroe? :no:

Rekindled
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
naw man. the nets will probably take montiejunas if they dont get wall. their new owners love da euros.

ChuckOakley
03-29-2010, 08:44 PM
No Greg Monroe? :no:
No.
NJ needs toughness and rebounding next to Lopez.
Besides Monroe's passing would be lost in NJ as there is no one worth passing to.

ChuckOakley
03-29-2010, 08:47 PM
naw man. the nets will probably take montiejunas if they dont get wall. their new owners love da euros.
Nope.. he's smart enough to know there are no managers in Russia qualified to run the Nets (as he said), so I'm sure he must realize there are no international players in this draft worthy of a top 4 pick.
Plus he wants to win, not be a joke like the Nets are now with the Yi experiment failing miserably.

RoTM
03-29-2010, 08:47 PM
I take Evan Turner #1. The guy will stuff a stat sheet and is a rare blend of height and playmaking.

I worry that Wall will be a bust. He is thin for the NBA game and not as explosive as he is hyped up to be. He has problems in the half court, is not a good shooter and is not a particularly good finisher.

The other big question with Wall is this: His body is thin for the NBA game. He will need to add weight and muscle. Point guards who drive the lane take a serious pounding in the NBA. Thus this question: how does his body respond to the added weight?? Does he loose whatever speed advantage he might have possessed in the college game by putting on weight and muscle??

There are a lot of questions with Wall.

Cousins is solid. He floor is high..... and his ceiling is even higher. There is less chance of a bust (imo) with Cousins.

But overall, I take Turner.

Rondo and Monta Ellis aren't having problems with their size.

GOBB
03-29-2010, 08:50 PM
I see people are already jumping off the OJ bandwagon.

You talk about fickle. :oldlol:

Durant puts up all-time numbers for a freshman and 80% of this board hailed him as an future NBA Great. Now OJ is playing within the system and you got dudes saying he's 'overrated'.

Funny.

Again, this is why I'm me, and you're you. I do my homework. I see inside the numbers. I evaluate talent with the keennest of eye. Obviously you people do none of this. You see a few games here and there and want to make extreme decisions based on irrelevant statistical boxscores.

Believe this, is anyone from this draft can be great, it will be OJ Mayo. I'm not saying he will be great, but his ceiling blows the rest of these cats out the water. He just big/strong/quick/explosive/composed enough to do anything he wants on the court. He doesn't need a position cause he is the position. If he's at point, he has to much strenght and size. Try to defend him at the SG position, and he'll use his quickness and in between game to eat you up. Plus he's a quality passer at whatever position he plays.

You dudes are too funny. Learn to make your own decisions and guage talent with your own eyes. If you thought Durant would a great in the NBA, then should really be saying the same Mayo, not because of a few freshman college games, but because HIS INDIVIDUAL SKILLSET TRANSLATES AT THE PRO BETTER.

As a pro Mayo > Durant.

Easy call here. Talk to me when you see the same.

:roll: PB at it again.

Easy call eh?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
03-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Rondo and Monta Ellis aren't having problems with their size.

I think John Wall has really long arms it makes him appear weak and skinny, but he weighs 195 lbs ( according to the roster) and is 6'4. Derrick Rose was 6'3 and 195lbs coming out of Memphis to put that in prospective. Also anytime they do a close up of wall he is pretty ripped

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Hartford+v+Kentucky+oUT5HMBid4Sl.jpg

Andrei89
03-29-2010, 09:10 PM

What's with you and all these idiotic statements.

Cp3 is obvioulsy the better point guard right now.

And cp3> billups

you heard it from me yes.

RoTM
03-29-2010, 09:20 PM
If I were an NBA GM I really wouldn't be sweating about ending up with any of Turner, Wall, Favors, or Cousins. Really thats four positions that have elite players available this year. The only thing that worries me even a little with Cousins is if he can learn to be an elite defender. Turner's the most NBA ready but hes a pretty finished product.

GOBB
03-29-2010, 09:33 PM
No.
NJ needs toughness and rebounding next to Lopez.
Besides Monroe's passing would be lost in NJ as there is no one worth passing to.

He'd be perfect next to Brook and NJ would have something to pass to if they spent all that cap space. $26mil of it. :oldlol:

RaceBannana
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Actually, i like cousins.... if he stays in shape and focused, he should be a big deal, but thats a big if because he has that Eddy Curry aura over him....

dough
03-31-2010, 09:13 AM
Did PB really state Mayo would be better than Durant? Whats with the hate for Kobe, Durant and Wade? Hm.....

BigTicket
03-31-2010, 09:21 AM
Anyone else think that Cousins will be Andray Blatche 2.0 ?

ZenMaster
03-31-2010, 10:29 AM

No he's a much better rebounder.

wang4three
03-31-2010, 11:34 AM

Blatche can shoot a jumper and is a 75% FT shooter. Meanwhile, Cousins plays exclusively int he post and shoots 60% from the line. So no, I don't think he'll be like Andray Blatche.

Cousins reminds me of Al Jefferson or early Zach Randolph before he really developed that mid-range game.

GOBB
03-31-2010, 01:40 PM

The two are nothing alike.

LA_Showtime
03-31-2010, 01:41 PM

They're both extremely talented and immature.

BigTicket
03-31-2010, 01:45 PM

They play the same position, they have similar body builds, they are both very immature etc.

GOBB
03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
They play the same position, they have similar body builds, they are both very immature etc.

Ok so yeah Demarcus Cousins NBA Comparison = Andray Blatche.

Thanks for clearing that up. :cheers:

Younggrease
03-31-2010, 01:54 PM

they dont play the same position, and they dont have similar body builds or physical talents...im just confused

PleezeBelieve
07-13-2010, 10:34 PM

18.7 minutes a night

I applaud myself. :applause:

Grinder
07-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I applaud myself. :applause:

LMAO. Pretty much everyone with a clue knew that Cousins had the talent and production of a number one pick. You jumped on the bandwagon a little late. :oldlol:

PleezeBelieve
07-13-2010, 10:41 PM
LMAO. Pretty much everyone with a clue knew that Cousins had the talent and production of a number one pick. You jumped on the bandwagon a little late. :oldlol:
Read the thread. I'm in a league of my own. Got sit down somewhere.

Papaya Petee
07-13-2010, 11:11 PM

I predict DeMarcus to be the 5th best center in the NBA his rookie year, so yeah you're not alone.

Grinder
07-13-2010, 11:17 PM

Yeah, a league for mentally handicapped bandwagon jumpers.

Run along skippy, you ain't got shit.:oldlol:

PleezeBelieve
07-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Date of Thread: December 30, 2009

Welcome to the bandwagon, f*ckas. Acknowledge my GREATNESS.

Go Getter
07-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Meh, you did okay.

Would give props but you already straining your arm patting yourself on the back.

PleezeBelieve
01-06-2012, 02:41 AM

18.7 minutes a night

This post was made two years ago. I'm so ahead of my time. :applause:

cuad
01-06-2012, 02:45 AM
iAplauso para PB!

alenleomessi
01-06-2012, 07:31 AM
whats the catch?

he sucks