PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan on Kevin Durant "He's the best Ive ever seen"

Dizzle-2k7
01-12-2010, 08:30 PM
In the latest edition of Sports Illustrated.

:eek:

Glide2keva
01-12-2010, 08:33 PM
link

HylianNightmare
01-12-2010, 08:33 PM
oh no wade has some competition for represnting jordan brand he better stepup

lilgodfather1
01-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Do you at the very least have a link? because if not then you can't say such a stupid thing.

Lebron23
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
oh no wade has some competition for represnting jordan brand he better stepup

Durant is playing better than Wade this season.

Alhazred
01-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Sauce Plz

GOBB
01-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Michael Jordan evaluating talent again? Scary.

G-train
01-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Durant could be the best ever - size, skill, athleticism and a hard worker.
Still a big call, if he even made it.

NuggetsFan
01-12-2010, 09:17 PM

:oldlol:

But seriously Durant is getting overrated. He's playing great but he's not even the best player in the league :confusedshrug:

cotdt
01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
He means the "best young talent" that he's ever seen. It's another slight against Lebron. MJ dislikes Lebron for whatever reason.

DukeDelonte13
01-12-2010, 09:21 PM
He means the "best young talent" that he's ever seen. It's another slight against Lebron. MJ dislikes Lebron for whatever reason.

I don't think Jordan dislikes Lebron personally, I just think he doesn't like Lebron stealing any of his thunder. In a season or two if durant progresses and there is talk of Durant being the next GOAT or close to MJ in stats or whatever, I can see Jordan seeing the next "best young talent he has ever seen"

GOBB
01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Is it a slight against Lebron or is he doin what ISH posters here are doin? Just saying.

DuMa
01-12-2010, 09:36 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/11/09/morning.tip.lebron/1108lebron2450.jpg

Andrei89
01-12-2010, 09:39 PM
No link = troll post

juju151111
01-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't think Jordan dislikes Lebron personally, I just think he doesn't like Lebron stealing any of his thunder. In a season or two if durant progresses and there is talk of Durant being the next GOAT or close to MJ in stats or whatever, I can see Jordan seeing the next "best young talent he has ever seen"
Mj said LJ will pass him if he keeps up like this. He doesn't seem to hate him then?

CJ Mustard
01-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Jordan drafted Kwame Brown

/thread

YAWN
01-12-2010, 10:07 PM
if durant was in NY or chicago he would be getting love from the media as a top 3 player and a legit mvp candidate. unfortunately for him he doesnt and dumb ass people don't even consider him top 10

Heilige
01-12-2010, 10:27 PM

MJ said once he felt LeBron has the potential to be the GOAT. I don't think he dislikes him.

PistolPete
01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Durant can realistically win the MVP this year should the Thunder keep winning

Bigsmoke
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Kevin Durant is arguably the best 21 year old ever.

Bigsmoke
01-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Jordan drafted Kwame Brown

/thread

Jordan drafted Adam Morrison :oldlol:

/thread

Lebron23
01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Kevin Durant is arguably the best 21 year old ever.

Check LeBron's stats in the 2005-06 NBA Season.

Bigsmoke
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Check LeBron's stats in the 2005-06 NBA Season.

arguably

i wasnt saying he is but its understandable for anybody to think that.

Jasper
01-12-2010, 11:19 PM
I think the Bob's are going to make the playoff's ..... Larry is running the team.
If they swing a Feb trade and pick up a PG with some vet experience , I'd say they will be fun to watch.

Looking at those stands tonight for the Bob's home game , I have to wonder if anyone in Char-ville likes bball :confusedshrug:

Didn't this happen to the Hornets :mad:

sergiorodriguez
01-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Jordan dislikes Lebron because Jordan doesnt like how the NBA are changing league wide rules to more appropriately suit Lebron's game, ie changing the travel rule to make the crab dribble legal.

Also Jordan is the man who drafted Adam Morrison #3. He sucks at judging talent.

It was awesome when MJ gave Gerald Wallace tips on how to shut down Lebron and take it to the hole vs Lebron's weak man D.

Disaprine
01-12-2010, 11:57 PM
http://atthebox.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/kwame-brown.jpg

Connoisseur
01-12-2010, 11:58 PM
This is the same person who drafted Kwame Brown.

NBASTATMAN
01-13-2010, 12:22 AM

Never seen Mj say anything bad about Kobe... He don't like Lebron.... Durant is playing out of his mind right now... Most efficient scorer since MJ..........The kid is a beast.. If he wanted to score more he easily could...

AirJordan&Magic
01-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Jordan dislikes Lebron because Jordan doesnt like how the NBA are changing league wide rules to more appropriately suit Lebron's game, ie changing the travel rule to make the crab dribble legal.

Also Jordan is the man who drafted Adam Morrison #3. He sucks at judging talent.

It was awesome when MJ gave Gerald Wallace tips on how to shut down Lebron and take it to the hole vs Lebron's weak man D.

Kobe and LeBron are equally amazing but overhyped players. Not overrated, but overhyped. But if anyone cannot understand the bolded, they are naive.

As for Michael Jordan's comments, I need a link.

asu77golf
01-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Probably because Lebron is ****ing annoying as hell. Great player obviously, his personality just rubs me the wrong way.

Of course if I knew him personally I'd probably change my mind, TV can be extremely misleading.

But regardless, Lebron is ****ing annoying.

G-train
01-13-2010, 01:34 AM
This is the same person who drafted Kwame Brown.

Yet he is the same person who is the greatest player ever. So his opinion does hold some weight.

Also Kwame was pick 1-5 on every teams draft board in '01. Who else could he have drafted? Tyson Chandler/Eddy Curry/Kwame Brown was the debate. He fails regardless. Then a skinny spaniard.
In '06 Adam Morrison was a top 10 pick in everyones eyes. Don't forget that '06 was probably the weakest draft ever, only Roy/Gay were Jordan's other options. Gay was raw. The first 13 picks of that draft were horrendous in terms of overall talent.
Jordan may have made some other questionable choices, but those 2 I don't criticise him too much for. Hindsight is wonderful.

asu77golf
01-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Yet he is the same person who is the greatest player ever. So his opinion does hold some weight.

Also Kwame was pick 1-5 on every teams draft board in '01. Who else could he have drafted? Tyson Chandler/Eddy Curry/Kwame Brown was the debate. He fails regardless. Then a skinny spaniard.
In '06 Adam Morrison was a top 10 pick in everyones eyes. Don't forget that '06 was probably the weakest draft ever, only Roy/Gay were Jordan's other options. Gay was raw. The first 13 picks of that draft were horrendous in terms of overall talent.
Jordan may have made some other questionable choices, but those 2 I don't criticise him too much for. Hindsight is wonderful.

Good post :pimp:

wang4three
01-13-2010, 01:48 AM
Looking at those stands tonight for the Bob's home game , I have to wonder if anyone in Char-ville likes bball :confusedshrug:

Hard to think that a state that houses UNC, Duke, and Wake Forrest can have little basketball fans. Must be something about the NBA then.

indiefan23
01-13-2010, 02:28 AM

Gobb, you moron. Michael Jordan did NOT want to draft Kwame Brown. He was forced to by 'team management' AKA Abe Pollin, the owner, who thought drafting the first HS #1 player would be great for marketing. Jordan wanted to deal the pick for Elton Brand right before Brand was about to peak in LA as one of the best forwards in the league.

I know you know this because I've told you before. How's picking Steve Blake 38'th, or even Juan Dixon in the 30's bad talent evaluation?

Timmy D for MVP
01-13-2010, 02:54 AM
I've said this a million times on here: I really think Durant has the potential to be in the top tier players of all time like Lebron does. And if his young team around him at some point becomes a legit threat he'll be up there.

If he hits the weights and really grows into his body..... dayum!

Brandon Roy
01-13-2010, 03:02 AM
I've said this a million times on here: I really think Durant has the potential to be in the top tier players of all time like Lebron does. And if his young team around him at some point becomes a legit threat he'll be up there.

If he hits the weights and really grows into his body..... dayum!
Word. He doesn't even have to get "big" or "buff", just normal, like how Kobe did. If that happens, he just may become a great.

Samurai Swoosh
01-13-2010, 03:13 AM
If he hits the weights
Why?

It's basketball ... not football, hockey, weight lifting, pro wrestling, etc

He's averaging 30 ppg as he is right now.

StusOneGoodEye
01-13-2010, 03:13 AM
MJ should take over Simon's spot on American Idol

Timmy D for MVP
01-13-2010, 03:34 AM
Why?

It's basketball ... not football, hockey, weight lifting, pro wrestling, etc

He's averaging 30 ppg as he is right now.

I assume you play basketball correct? And if you do you know that the big guy is tough to defend. Why is that? Because he commands the action with his strength. Why do you think Lebron is so effective? Shaq?

So he can increase that number greatly if he dictates, with his strength, the action. He has great body control already so if he adds the strength it would be like Bron.

It's foolish not to think hitting the weights wouldn't improve any athlete unless they do it too much.

Timmy D for MVP
01-13-2010, 03:35 AM
MJ should take over Simon's spot on American Idol

If he's a stingy as he was during that dunk contest he'd fit in just fine.

Maga_1
01-13-2010, 03:46 AM
Everyone here that he's not saying that KD could be one of the best players ever are LeBron fans, that's the true ..
And they're making excuses using the Jordan's draft picks, that he had nothing to with that

Knoe Itawl
01-13-2010, 03:56 AM
Gobb, you moron. Michael Jordan did NOT want to draft Kwame Brown. He was forced to by 'team management' AKA Abe Pollin, the owner, who thought drafting the first HS #1 player would be great for marketing. Jordan wanted to deal the pick for Elton Brand right before Brand was about to peak in LA as one of the best forwards in the league.

I know you know this because I've told you before. How's picking Steve Blake 38'th, or even Juan Dixon in the 30's bad talent evaluation?

It's much easier (and lazier) to go with the conventional story that everyone's heard rather than looking deeper. The Jordan drafting Kwame story has always been overblown.

nbastatus
01-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Well, he is lying to you.