PDA

View Full Version : The time is now to trade Kobe...

PleezeBelieve
11-02-2006, 06:14 AM
I mean, reality should be smacking Laker Fan all upside their heads after the way they've played the last two days. No matter if you're the biggest Kobe supporter or not, you have to admit he's not at his best when he's forced to intergrate within a team-oriented motion offense. Plus Lamar needs the ball just as much as Kobe does to be fully effective. And with the rapid development of Bynum, this team could be set for years to come.

Listen Laker Fan, the signs are right there in front of you the past two games, but only if you want to see them. I would trade Kobe now before the entire chemistry is poisoned by Kobe's mamba aura. And I'm being straight up. Don't wait till two or three years from now to do this. The time is now, Laker Fan. Have some balls, and just do it.

Aussie Dunker
11-02-2006, 06:22 AM
haha,

who should the lakers go for if they trade kobe?

(will neva happen)

Xplicit
11-02-2006, 06:23 AM
Plus Lamar needs the ball just as much as Kobe does to be fully effective.

Dead on. Lamar never got the touches he needed last season, yet he was always the scapegoat whenever the Lakers lost :rolleyes:

While in no way am I saying the Lakers are better without Kobe, because that's f'n stupid... I do think the players on that team play more naturally without Kobe. By naturally, I mean they play their game the way they want to play it. When Kobe's on the floor, oftentimes it's "Give Kobe the ball and get out of his way". His teammates are relegated to nothing more than jumpshooters, standing around waiting to see what Kobe does. Lamar is a waste in that role.

With that being said, there's still no way in hell Mitch Kupchak is trading Kobe

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 06:24 AM
This team has grown together as a unit with kobe. Ask Turiaf who right after the Golden State called Kobe and told him "I told you, I told you, thanks for the advice"...Ask Odom who Kobe whispered in his ear yesterday and then you saw him step out there and lead the Lakers back. What you're saying is rediculous and only comes from your hatred to Kobe and your buttlove for Lebron.

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 06:27 AM
Dead on. Lamar never got the touches he needed last season, yet he was always the scapegoat whenever the Lakers lost :rolleyes:

While in no way am I saying the Lakers are better without Kobe, because that's f'n stupid... I do think the players on that team do play more naturally without Kobe. By naturally, I mean they play their game the way they want to play it. When Kobe's on the floor, oftentimes it's "Give Kobe the ball and get out of his way". His teammates are relegated to nothing more than jumpshooters, standing around waiting to see what Kobe does. Lamar is a waste in that role.

With that being said, there's still no way in hell Mitch Kupchak is trading Kobe

Yes, the players did stand around and watch Kobe and they admitted to that being their fault. They were in a new system and were young and inexperinced. Once they started picking it up (post ASB), Kobe trusted them more and Lakers were playing amazing. Got to the playoffs, made some noise, but you could see the improvment in all of them. Now add an offseason with better chemistry and see where they're at. You know, its really funny. I've been preaching about how much Lakers are gonna be better this yr and people have been laughin and saying "who have they added"..."only person they have is Kobe"...now its the other way around eh?

PsychoWorm
11-02-2006, 06:28 AM
Kobe has a no-trade clause i believe.

indy
11-02-2006, 06:41 AM
I like kobe but he sounds so fake.
In his website he refers to his teammates little brothers :roll:
sorry but that is not his style. You can't gain respect and love by trying to sound different person than who you really are.
[I]Personal : Father Joe

KingLeBronJames
11-02-2006, 06:46 AM
I mean, reality should be smacking Laker Fan all upside their heads after the way they've played the last two days. No matter if you're the biggest Kobe supporter or not, you have to admit he's not at his best when he's forced to intergrate within a team-oriented motion offense. Plus Lamar needs the ball just as much as Kobe does to be fully effective. And with the rapid development of Bynum, this team could be set for years to come.

Listen Laker Fan, the signs are right there in front of you the past two games, but only if you want to see them. I would trade Kobe now before the entire chemistry is poisoned by Kobe's mamba aura. And I'm being straight up. Don't wait till two or three years from now to do this. The time is now, Laker Fan. Have some balls, and just do it.
:stupid:

PleezeBelieve
11-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Yes, the players did stand around and watch Kobe and they admitted to that being their fault. They were in a new system and were young and inexperinced. Once they started picking it up (post ASB), Kobe trusted them more and Lakers were playing amazing. Got to the playoffs, made some noise, but you could see the improvment in all of them. Now add an offseason with better chemistry and see where they're at. You know, its really funny. I've been preaching about how much Lakers are gonna be better this yr and people have been laughin and saying "who have they added"..."only person they have is Kobe"...now its the other way around eh?
But when they were eliminated in the playoffs, wasn't it his teammates that took a large chunk of the responsibilty for not supporting Kobe? I don't know what you were watching, but that's what I saw.

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 06:53 AM
But when they were eliminated in the playoffs, wasn't it his teammates that took a large chunk of the responsibilty for not supporting Kobe? I don't know what you were watching, but that's what I saw.

wait what? in the playoffs, they took the suns to 7 games with kobe playing GREAT team ball. they choked the series away as a team and kobe should take most of the blame since he is the leader of that team

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 06:58 AM
you guys portray kobe as being a bad guy too much. dude is constantly telling odom that they need him and he needs to lead and be agressive, he is constantly helping his teamates and explaining things and pumping them up. he already has high hopes with this group stating that he thinks they can win a championship with this team.

get off him for once. either lakers are too horrible to make the playoffs because all they got is kobe OR kobe is holding them back??? plz, this is getting rediculous, its like theres no winning when you're a laker fan...

BA BARACUS
11-02-2006, 06:58 AM
:roll: Lets not get carried away here. Sure the Lakers are 2-0, averaging 112 ppg( as they should, The Warriors and Suns are the worst defensive teams in the NBA) and with the whole team ballin, but were gonna need Kobe when we have to play the top tier team of the likes of San Antonio, Dallas and etc. Kobe has a no trade clause, so he's not going anywhere.

BA BARACUS
11-02-2006, 07:12 AM
you have to admit he's not at his best when he's forced to intergrate within a team-oriented motion offense

:rolleyes: Umm, what the hell you think he was doing last year in the playoffs vs the suns? Or when the lakers were winning 3 titles? People think Kobe shoots 30 times a game cause he wants to?

He does/did last year cause he had to, otherwise we wouldn't of won most of our games. People act like Kobe doesn't know how to play with another superstar or sumthin, he played and defferred to Shaq for 8 ****in years.

This year were much deeper and talented than the year before. Kobe will tone down his shooting if Lamar and the team keeps playing like they are, watch.

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 07:14 AM
This team exists not just in your imagination but in reality - sort of. This team is the 2005-06 Los Angeles Lakers, sans Kobe Bryant. Through Friday, this Web site's database indicated that, without Bryant in the game, the Lakers were scoring at a rate of just 90.2 points per 100 possessions while surrendering just 95.7 points per 100 possessions. No full NBA team is scoring less than 100 points per 100 possessions; the only team with a Defensive Rating below 100 is San Antonio (99.6).

You might think this is a common effect for a team with its superstar off the floor, but the Bryant-less Lakers take this to an extreme. Bryant's presence has been worth 22.0 points per 100 possessions to the Lakers offense this season, far and away the biggest difference made on offense by any NBA player:

Players Tm Diff
---------------------
Bryant LAL +22.0
Wade MIA +17.0
Szczerbiak MIN +15.0
Howard ORL +14.9
Nowitzki DAL +14.9

http://www.82games.com/pelton13.htm

take that and shove it up your ass

Dont kid yourself. THe Lakers have gotten better, as predicted, and they did it together as a unit with Kobe...and throught the first two games, you could see it, as a Laker fan, I hope this continues the whole season with Kobe meshing in smoothly.

PleezeBelieve
11-02-2006, 07:21 AM
:rolleyes: Umm, what the hell you think he was doing last year in the playoffs vs the suns? Or when the lakers were winning 3 titles? People think Kobe shoots 30 times a game cause he wants to?

He does/did last year cause he had to, otherwise we wouldn't of won most of our games. People act like Kobe doesn't know how to play with another superstar or sumthin, he played and defferred to Shaq for 8 ****in years.

This year were much deeper and talented than the year before. Kobe will tone down his shooting if Lamar and the team keeps playing like they are, watch.
Wasn't Lamar on the team last year? If Kobe didn't feel the need to defer to him on HIS way to averaging 35 points on 44 percent shooting, then why would he do it this season?

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Wasn't Lamar on the team last year? If Kobe didn't feel the need to defer to him on HIS way to averaging 35 points on 44 percent shooting, then why would he do it this season?

read my other posts. Lamar was not always like this. This has been something Lamar always lacked...fire and passion. At the start of last season, Lamar even admitted on how he sometimes forgets and likes to see kobe go one-on-one..PJax would tell Lamar to be more aggressive..Kobe would tell Lamar to do the same thing. It wasnt till the team grew together at the end of the season, the guys picked up the triangle and the team had one of the best post ASB records that yr. Everything was meshing, offense was fluid, players were having fun...they took that and almost shocked the suns..and now an offseason later, they picked up where they left off and have been more that a pleasant for us Laker fans. That was our main conern, if the players will pick it up fast and Lamar will play like he said he would (as one of the best in the game)...we await kobe now and we'll go from there. still a long season

hawkfan
11-02-2006, 09:59 AM

Well said.

It's time to move Kobe and get the best offer that is available.

Also, the Lakers would benefit from taking back an expirer, so that next summer the Lakers have cap space.

TheBynumProject
11-02-2006, 10:18 AM
This thread is so stupid. The end.

TheBynumProject
11-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Also, the Lakers would benefit from taking back an expirer, so that next summer the Lakers have cap space

Why the H&LL would the Lakers rather have cap space than Kobe? Teams lust after cap space so they can USE it to bring in a player like Kobe, and they already have him. Hawkfan is the worst poster on ISH.

Kujo
11-02-2006, 10:23 AM
I saw this type of reaction coming. Lakers are 2, and 0. "The Lakers are better without Kobe". Relax folks. It's two games. As much as I dislike Kobe, I can't say the Lakers are better without him. The Lakers will never trade Kobe.

xxxSuperStar
11-02-2006, 10:51 AM
When Kobe comes back, they better win that very first game or ISH may explode.

And to stay on topic, trading Kobe is stupid. Are they going to get anything better? of course not.

Will this team be able to continue to play like this without Kobe? No. They have played two very soft defensive teams so far, and have some more cupcakes ahead.

Rasheed1
11-02-2006, 11:36 AM
I hate kobe as much as the next guy, but to talk about trading him after two games is dumb....

The team looks fluid without kobe, and Im sure there will be a transitional period of kobe integrating himself in with what the team has been doing when he gets back from his injury....

But kobe is the team's best player and the hope for the lakers would be to get the team to play this well with kobe on the floor...I think it will take time, but talk of trading your best player after a measly 2 games is overreacting big-time

GOBB
11-02-2006, 11:45 AM

This post is absolutely retarded. 2gms and you trade Kobe. Can we go around the league and trade others as well based on your silly logic?

Miami needs to trade Shaq. :applause:

:rollingeyes:

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2006, 11:56 AM
I'd trade Shaq if I was offered a guy like Dwight Howard. Not that I agree with the OP, but Shaq is on the decline, and isn't a dominant player anymore. It might not be a bad idea to deal him if you're offered a good young prospect.

GOBB
11-02-2006, 12:05 PM
I'd trade Shaq if I was offered a guy like Dwight Howard. Not that I agree with the OP, but Shaq is on the decline, and isn't a dominant player anymore. It might not be a bad idea to deal him if you're offered a good young prospect.

Yeah but no team (i'd like to give the gm's the benefit of the doubt here) is stupid to do that deal for Dwight.

Would you trade Shaq for Samuel Dalembert tho? He falls under the good young prospect category no?

konex
11-02-2006, 12:06 PM
You're crazy. They finally have some depth and now you wanna trade their best player? If you watched last night's game, you'd see the offense really bogged down when GS zoned it up and doubled Lamar.

That's where Kobe comes in. Right now they are lacking legit mid-range threats and have just been winning by bullying smaller teams inside. You can't do that every night and LO will start seeing doubles till Kobe comes back..

r32soul
11-02-2006, 12:09 PM
kobe is always in lose-lose situation with some of the fans out there... if he tries to play team ball and not shoot the ball, he is called a tanker.. if he tries to will his way to win the game, he is called selfish.. if he doesn't play, and lakers wins couple of games, people wants kobe traded.. if he does play, and laker loses couple of games, people will think kobe is holding the team back, holding lamar back...

fact is.. odom is playing like he did during the playoffs last year which is being aggressive.. everybody knew odom ALWAYS had the talent to be a great player.. but he never puts it together for a whole season.. why do you think he has never been an all-star? why hasn't he ever made to an all-nba team? it's not because kobe is holding him back.. kobe can jack up as many shots as he wants too.. but lamar has always been too passive, sometimes his head is not in the game UNTIL last year's playoff series, and it has continued this year..

as for kobe being traded, that's just ridiculous.. if Cavs team win 2 in a row w/o Lebron, are you going to ask the Cavs to trade Lebron?

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah but no team (i'd like to give the gm's the benefit of the doubt here) is stupid to do that deal for Dwight.

Would you trade Shaq for Samuel Dalembert tho? He falls under the good young prospect category no?
Dalembert's 25. You can only carry the "potential" tag for so long, most players at his age have shown what they're going to be. He's an ok player but I'd take Shaq's last one or two seasons of impact over his whole remaining career. I'd trade Shaq for Bogut though.

crisoner
11-02-2006, 12:15 PM
This post is absolutely retarded. 2gms and you trade Kobe. Can we go around the league and trade others as well based on your silly logic?

Miami needs to trade Shaq. :applause:

:rollingeyes:

Rack this man!

Lo1a
11-02-2006, 12:56 PM
kobe is always in lose-lose situation with some of the fans out there... if he tries to play team ball and not shoot the ball, he is called a tanker.. if he tries to will his way to win the game, he is called selfish.. if he doesn't play, and lakers wins couple of games, people wants kobe traded.. if he does play, and laker loses couple of games, people will think kobe is holding the team back, holding lamar back...

fact is.. odom is playing like he did during the playoffs last year which is being aggressive.. everybody knew odom ALWAYS had the talent to be a great player.. but he never puts it together for a whole season.. why do you think he has never been an all-star? why hasn't he ever made to an all-nba team? it's not because kobe is holding him back.. kobe can jack up as many shots as he wants too.. but lamar has always been too passive, sometimes his head is not in the game UNTIL last year's playoff series, and it has continued this year..

as for kobe being traded, that's just ridiculous.. if Cavs team win 2 in a row w/o Lebron, are you going to ask the Cavs to trade Lebron?

Let the church say... Amen.

Younggrease
11-02-2006, 01:00 PM
the lakers have played 2 teams that are really small and dont play defense. IM proud of them but lets not go too far.

lakers-city
11-02-2006, 01:01 PM
the suns are a top 3 team in the west, i dont care about their lack of defense or size, im still proud of what the kobe-less lakers have done so far :applause:

NBAEMoreira022
11-02-2006, 01:13 PM
you can't get an equal player in a trade for Kobe . . can you?:confusedshrug:

ManUtd
11-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Umm thank you but we're keeping Kobe.

ALBballer
11-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Umm thank you but we're keeping Kobe.

Hypothetically

Kobe
Filler

for

Rashard Lewis
Ray Allan
Earl Watson

I know salaries don't match, but I don't think it's that bad of a deal, on papar that is.

MaxFly
11-02-2006, 01:40 PM
you can't get an equal player in a trade for Kobe . . can you?:confusedshrug:

Bryant and Maurice Evans for Kevin Garnett.

r32soul
11-02-2006, 01:41 PM
good thing is hypothetically..

because the trade doesn't make sense for sonics as well as for the lakers.. and lakers will have to throw in radman or kwame.. because allen and lewis are close to max player....and watson is 5+ million player too..

kobe is much better than allen.. and rashard is going to play the same position as odom, cook, radman.. which means, either odom will become a passive player again or rashard will never be able to play to his potential..

and watson? hmm.. better defensive player than smush for sure, but watson or farmer? i take farmer because farmer can develop into a really good offensive player, and his defensive ain't that bad either..

Hypothetically

Kobe
Filler

for

Rashard Lewis
Ray Allan
Earl Watson

I know salaries don't match, but I don't think it's that bad of a deal, on papar that is.

crisoner
11-02-2006, 02:15 PM

H...e...double hockey sticks NO!!!!

crisoner
11-02-2006, 02:15 PM

H...e...double hockey sticks NO!!!!

picc84
11-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Why does everyone think he cant play within them? Did the entire last part of the season not exist? The double teams he drew were a big part of why they won 3 games vs. Suns.

crisoner
11-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Why does everyone think he cant play within them? Did the entire last part of the season not exist? The double teams he drew were a big part of why they won 3 games vs. Suns.

Like a wiseman posted earlier Kobe is in a lose lose situation.

He takes shots the burn him for ball hogging

He dosen't then they said he tanks

I think sitting out is only helping Kobe and his teammates to belive in themselves and each other. This is a young team on the rise and they are proving that with each passing game. I EXPECT big things from them this year. I just hope they keep improving on defense and the bench keeps producing like they have. Put that together with Lamar stepping up and Kobe fitting in well with everything that is going on...sprinkle a little bit of good luck and helath...and the Lakers will go far. Nuff said....GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!

Banks91
11-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Like a wiseman posted earlier Kobe is in a lose lose situation.

He takes shots the burn him for ball hogging

He dosen't then they said he tanks

I think sitting out is only helping Kobe and his teammates to belive in themselves and each other. This is a young team on the rise and they are proving that with each passing game. I EXPECT big things from them this year. I just hope they keep improving on defense and the bench keeps producing like they have. Put that together with Lamar stepping up and Kobe fitting in well with everything that is going on...sprinkle a little bit of good luck and helath...and the Lakers will go far. Nuff said....GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!

i hear that argument all the time from you guys, even though you guys know damn well what people mean.

When people say shouldn't shoot so much, they mean scale back a little not suddenly take like only 10 shots to prove something. Why continue to pretend that ya'll are confused about this?

hawkfan
11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Why the H&LL would the Lakers rather have cap space than Kobe? Teams lust after cap space so they can USE it to bring in a player like Kobe, and they already have him. Hawkfan is the worst poster on ISH.

You do realize that half of the Kobe posts are from people just trying to get under your skin?

Of course, the Lakers aren't going to trade Kobe.

But if he has another quit game like he did in the playoffs last year, well then things might change.

And even you are smart enough to realize that.

PleezeBelieve
11-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Aight, a couple points after reviewing the thread...

..I would like to say I'm disappointed in the knee-jerk reaction that 80% of the posters I'm are giving, but I'm not. Honestly, I wouldn't expect most of you to agree with what I'm saying, but it still doesn't mean what I'm saying is incorrect.

While most of you stated the tired and perdictable "you won't get equal trade value" and "Kobe's in a lose/lose situation" excuses that prevent all average GM's from being great GM's. That's not the point of the trade anyways.

Listen folks, this trade is not being done because the Laker's would be an immediate better team w/o Kobe, but for the integral and important development of their young players. If anything, the fact I'm saying trading Kobe is not a slight against him or his talents, but more of an admission that the Laker's young players have been very impressive. I mean, I think Laker Fan doesn't even realize the complete team they have, or potentially have, with this core group. And, IMO, having Kobe on this team, particually at him being 28, doesn't mesh with this young group. Instead Laker Fan seems blinded by the glitz of scoring records and slick mamba commercials.

But regardless, I implore you Laker Fan to just take a step back and give serious thought and consideration to my recommendation. Either you put pressure on management to get this trade done or you'll only have yourselves to blame as you watch a good young talented core gradually move on and make significant impact on other teams.

..btw, GOBB is still an idiot.

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 03:41 PM

..I would like to say I'm disappointed in the knee-jerk reaction that 80% of the posters I'm are giving, but I'm not. Honestly, I wouldn't expect most of you to agree with what I'm saying, but it still doesn't mean what I'm saying is incorrect.

While most of you stated the tired and perdictable "you won't get equal trade value" and "Kobe's in a lose/lose situation" excuses that prevent all average GM's from being great GM's. That's not the point of the trade anyways.

Listen folks, this trade is not being done because the Laker's would be an immediate better team w/o Kobe, but for the integral and important development of their young players. If anything, the fact I'm saying trading Kobe is not a slight against him or his talents, but more of an admission that the Laker's young players have been very impressive. I mean, I think Laker Fan doesn't even realize the complete team they have, or potentially have, with this core group. And, IMO, having Kobe on this team, particually at him being 28, doesn't mesh with this young group. Instead Laker Fan seems blinded by the glitz of scoring records and slick mamba commercials.

But regardless, I implore you Laker Fan to just take a step back and give serious thought and consideration to my recommendation. Either you put pressure on management to get this trade done or you'll only have yourselves to blame as you watch a good young talented core gradually move on and make significant impact on other teams.

think again, we know alot more about basketball than a lebron ******ger. haha, we as laker fans dont know what have on our hands??? wow. just shut up already

saKf
11-02-2006, 03:43 PM

Perhaps reality ought to smack YOU in the head and remind you that you've only played two games and have little to no idea as to how an entire season would pan out in Bryant's absence.

Sneakerpro
11-02-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't think even Kobe will try to mess up what the Lakers have going on right now.

Rasheed1
11-02-2006, 03:47 PM
yeah in this rare instance I have to agree with laker fans....

you dont trade kobe because the other players have shown they can play some ball and win some games... you work on incorporating kobe into that mix....

Now I will be honest and say I believe it will be a roller coaster ride of ups and downs trying to find a balance between kobe shooting too much and and kobe shooting too little..

but if kobe really tries to be a facilitator he'll realize that he can get his shots whenever he feels like it and he'll work on getting his teammates going before he starts shooting... it will just take time to mesh

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Rambis speaking of Kobe and Lamar

"Kobe encouraged him as much as anybody last year to be aggressive," Rambis said. "So we're just going to hope that's going to continue."

Link of the quote (Bottom of the page): http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/abox/article_1342258.php

Kobe is a really bad guy huh:rolleyes:

shadow
11-02-2006, 03:55 PM

Wait, you keep saying trade Kobe but for whom?
Looking at this young core, all I see is solid role players with one all-star caliber guy in Lamar. You

Younggrease
11-02-2006, 03:56 PM
yeah in this rare instance I have to agree with laker fans....

you dont trade kobe because the other players have shown they can play some ball and win some games... you work on incorporating kobe into that mix....

Now I will be honest and say I believe it will be a roller coaster ride of ups and downs trying to find a balance between kobe shooting too much and and kobe shooting too little..

but if kobe really tries to be a facilitator he'll realize that he can get his shots whenever he feels like it and he'll work on getting his teammates going before he starts shooting... it will just take time to mesh

the next level for Kobe is knowing he can score anytime he wants on anybody he wants, so he should concentrate on giving the other players more touches. He just needs to pick his spots, I wish Kobe would only take 20-22 good shots a game and just worry about making every1 better and play like a true team.
The Lamar can get 16 -18 shots a game and than they would be a true tandem and threat in the playoffs

crisoner
11-02-2006, 03:56 PM
i hear that argument all the time from you guys, even though you guys know damn well what people mean.

When people say shouldn't shoot so much, they mean scale back a little not suddenly take like only 10 shots to prove something. Why continue to pretend that ya'll are confused about this?

....confused?

Simple...Kobe shoots 81 points against the Raptors = he is a ball hog.
Thats all I heard from the "NAY" sayers. When the facts where the Lakers where down BEFORE Kobe took over the game. And the rest of the Lakers at the time were not shooting well. But lets over look that and call Kobe a ball hog because we hate him.

Another simple fact...during last years playoffs vs. the Suns the Lakers had a gameplan involving team basketball. The offense didn't call up Kobe shooting too much etc. and the Lakers took the Suns to the limit. And now the "nay" sayers say he tanked it because he didn't shoot? WTF? :wtf:

What so confusing when you look at those two different situations right there? Give me a break.

Kobe goes right..he should of went left.
Kobe goes up....he should of went down.
Kobe wears a black suite...he should of wore white.
Kobe drink Coke...should of been sipping on Pepsi.

The FACT is now the Lakers right now are looking like they are playing great TEAM basketball. The younger players are playing better and have more confedence in thier games then ever. They win two without Kobe and somebody is calling for a trade???? Thats what this whole thread is about from the start. Hence stop the madness! People keep putting dude in a lose lose situation need to shut the f*ck up.

nashforprez
11-02-2006, 03:57 PM
if this guy can beat kobe than i dont know...http://mambavsmongoose.com/homework.php?footage

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 04:00 PM
....confused?

Thats all I heard from the "NAY" sayers. When the facts where the Lakers where down BEFORE Kobe took over the game. And the rest of the Lakers at the time were not shooting well. But lets over look that and call Kobe a ball hog because we hate him.

Another simple fact...during last years playoffs vs. the Suns the Lakers had a gameplan involving team basketball. The offense didn't call up Kobe shooting too much etc. and the Lakers took the Suns to the limit. And now the "nay" sayers say he tanked it because he didn't shoot? WTF? :wtf:

What so confusing when you look at those two different situations right there? Give me a break.

The FACT is now the Lakers right now are looking like they are playing great TEAM basketball. The younger players are playing better and have more confedence in thier games then ever. They win two without Kobe and somebody is calling for a trade???? Thats what this whole thread is about from the start. Hence stop the madness! People keep putting dude in a lose lose situation need to shut the f*ck up.

The thing is they grew and became better with Kobe, he was a mentor and leader for them. Players like Bynum and Kwame started taking by his example and joining him in workouts. He has told Lamar over and over to be his co-leader and be aggressive. The whole team grew as a unit with him...just because he wasnt playing and the Lakers are playing exteremly well means that Kobe was screwing them??? give me a break.

heavensdevil
11-02-2006, 04:03 PM
yo pleezebeleeve, I challenge u to a freestyle battle, make a next thread.

Lo1a
11-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I see everybody here has memory problems. Kobe has been in this position before. Anybody remember in 2001 at the end of the season KB missed about 9 or 10 games with injury and the team went on an incredible run. All the analysts were debating how KB coming back would affect the team. Would he disrupt the chemistry and start jacking up shots? What happened? Kobe came back, blended his game seamlessly with the rest of the team, he was the facillitator, the initiator of the offense and the Lakers went on to not only win the title but do it in such a dominant fashion that it hasn't been seen since.

Come on now. Who needs to win more than Kobe Bryant? Why would he want to mess up a good thing? He'll continue playing the way he played in the playoffs at the end of last season, its a no-brainer. He sees what these guys can do. He knows he has way more help offensively than he had last season and the pressure to score will be off of him. It makes his game easier.

Trading Kobe is just crazy talk.

kentatm
11-02-2006, 04:15 PM
you want to trade Kobe?

sure

you can have Jerry Stackhouse, Austin Croshere and Devin Harris

for

Kobe and Smush

with Stack and AC coming off the books the Lakers can then sign Vince Carter next offseason.

PleezeBelieve
11-02-2006, 04:38 PM
yo pleezebeleeve, I challenge u to a freestyle battle, make a next thread.
What your old user?

Regardless of who you are...since I'm the champ, put something up and I'll takeover from there.

Banks91
11-02-2006, 04:45 PM
....confused?

i'm not gonna get into it with you, cuz no matter what i say i'm gonna come out looking like a kobe hater, cuz i don't believe you're sh*t.

81 point game, no ballhogging hating should've came from that, and if there was, that's a legit hater situation.

but what you said about Suns series, wtf? Kobe played that series perfect, and people all agree about that. Just that he went out very soft, in the end of the game, should've done more. And you've taken that and turned into
oh he played a team game and people are hating him for it?

JalenRawley
11-02-2006, 05:05 PM

It's funny how people can look at the same situation in a multitude of ways.

On one hand, yes you can see this as a prime time to move Kobe and get some pretty nice pieces to add to the team the way it

Cool
11-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Kobe is the best in the game now. And Jerry buss the owner just said the other day him and Kobes relationship is the best than it has ever been and he wanst Kobe to retire a LAKER. So stop right here the speculation and the guessing Kobe is staying and he aint going no where.

Roll
11-02-2006, 05:22 PM
if kobe shares the ball more the lakers will be a very good team. that's all i wanna say.

PleezeBelieve
11-02-2006, 06:41 PM
if kobe shares the ball more the lakers will be a very good team. that's all i wanna say.
I thought it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Kobe won't be able to adapt his game ENOUGH to appease his quest for scoring titles while allowing the young players enough shots and experience to FULLY come into their own.

I mean, who's still delusional enough to believe Kobe is the type of player to mold younger players into proven winners? Is that point not as obvious to you people as it is to me?

eliteballer
11-02-2006, 06:45 PM
What a surprise, this thread coming from the biggest Bron groupie on the boards:rolleyes:

TEXAS BATMAN
11-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I don't get it. In Orlando, Tracy McGrady is a shooting monster, they never make it past the first round, choke a series lead, and his stature suffers none the worst for it. Oh he didn't have any help...Too much money invested in Grant Hill...He had to do it on his own. In Philly, Iverson heaves at will, because for one, the team's built around him, 2, they need his scoring.

Kobe does the exact same thing and is in the exact same predicament and you "fans" of the game try and tear him apart. Give it a rest. He's coming back to a better nucleus, improved team chemistry, and emerging role players. The Lakers WILL make some noise this year. And #8 will lead the charge.

-BACK LIKE COOKED CRACK-

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 07:45 PM
I don't get it. In Orlando, Tracy McGrady is a shooting monster, they never make it past the first round, choke a series lead, and his stature suffers none the worst for it. Oh he didn't have any help...Too much money invested in Grant Hill...He had to do it on his own. In Philly, Iverson heaves at will, because for one, the team's built around him, 2, they need his scoring.

Kobe does the exact same thing and is in the exact same predicament and you "fans" of the game try and tear him apart. Give it a rest. He's coming back to a better nucleus, improved team chemistry, and emerging role players. The Lakers WILL make some noise this year. And #8 will lead the charge.

-BACK LIKE COOKED CRACK-

how dare you..its #24

picc84
11-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Funny thing is, with all this ridiculous media buzz about the lakers playing better without kobe, and how much he will disrupt their rhythm when he comes back, even if he didnt know it was the best thing to do, he'd probably take it on himself to prove them wrong and play exactly the opposite of what they think he will. People act as if Kobe doesn't WANT help.

Another aspect of this is that if the rest of the team is playing like they hav been, Kobe will not have to do so much on O, and will have more energy to expend on defense, and on guarding the other teams best perimeter player. No more conserving energy, it'll be bruce-bowen-hands-everywhere-mode Kobe all the time.

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Funny thing is, with all this ridiculous media buzz about the lakers playing better without kobe, and how much he will disrupt their rhythm when he comes back, even if he didnt know it was the best thing to do, he'd probably take it on himself to prove them wrong and play exactly the opposite of what they think he will.

Another aspect of this is that if the rest of the team is playing like they hav been, Kobe will not have to do so much on O, and will have more energy to expend on defense, and on guarding the other teams best perimeter player. No more conserving energy, it'll be bruce-bowen-hands-everywhere-mode Kobe all the time.

that and that he got that surgery done. He was limited in motion with the scar tissue in his knee and PJax over the offseason told him he wanted him to play D better.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-02-2006, 08:52 PM
With Kobe they have a shot at the Finals, even if it's just a small shot. Without Kobe, does anybody really believe this team could get into the Play-offs?

Se
11-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Let's say Kobe did ant a trade, here's one that may make sense:

Bulls trade:
Ben Gordon
Andres Nocioni (expirer)
Chris Duhon
PJ Brown (expirer)

Lakers trade:
Kobe Bryant
Sasha Vujacic

This gives the Lakers a decent team, poised to make a huge trade.

PJ Brown, Nocioni, Mihm, McKie and Shammond Williams could bring in a maxed out contract.

And still have this lineup to play with:
CT: Andrew Bynum
PF: Kwame Brown/ Ronny Turiaf
SF: Lamar Odom
SG: Ben Gordon/ Maurice Evans
PG: Chris Duhon

Bulls look like real winners though with:
CT: Ben Wallace
PF: Tyrus Thomas
SF: Luol Deng
SG: Kobe Bryant
PG: Kirk Hinrich

On 2nd thought, that's too good for the Bulls. Too hard to trade Kobe, unless it's superstar for superstar

hotsizzle
11-02-2006, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=Se

Se
11-02-2006, 09:06 PM
That trade would set the bulls up for a 3peat at the least. No team can beat them. NO TEAM!!!

They basically trade their worst defender (Gordon) for an All Defensive 1st team player, and get their go to guy. Unfair trade, I'm sorry for posting it LOL.

On second thought, Hinrich needs to go to the Lakers in any Kobe to the Bulls scenario

craigthomasb
11-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Bulls trade:
Ben Gordon
Andres Nocioni (expirer)
Chris Duhon
PJ Brown (expirer)

Lakers trade:
Kobe Bryant
Sasha Vujacic

NO WAY IN HELL LAKERS DO THAT

INDI
11-02-2006, 09:20 PM
the problem with the lakers was never kobe, it was the laker players watching kobe instead of running the tri that was the problem, the solution is simple. Kobe didnt pass because his team was simply not running the tri, leaving kobe in iso's everytime the ball swung his way, this is what makes opposing defenses look so good against the lakers because when the offense is stagnant they get to conserve energy and come up with good strategies to stop kobe.

Now imagine the lakers when kobe has the ball and everyone else is still running the tri to perfection, it gives kobe many options with cutters, it confuses the defense on when and who to double, and it makes kobe even more dangerous. To be honest I think that with the way the team is playing, kobe can hover around 20-22 shots a game and still get 33pt a game, the reason for his low percentages is because the lakers make it easy for the defense to come up with schemes to slow him down, but if there moving cutting and everyone attacking he can pick his spots and shots and attack too quick for the defense to double, ultimately getting him better shooting percentages.

Se
11-02-2006, 09:25 PM
NO WAY IN HELL LAKERS DO THAT

That is pretty crap considering they got: Odom, Grant and Butler for Shaq. :rollingeyes:

Xplicit
11-02-2006, 09:46 PM
What a surprise, this thread coming from the biggest Bron groupie on the boards:rolleyes:

Of all people, YOU need to shut the fawk up. Every thread that directs hate toward Lebron, Wade, TMac, basically any SG that is top-tier, is created by you. Damn hypocrite.

AKA AAP
11-02-2006, 10:00 PM
That Adidas commercial is absoultely great, "you're a fool to believe it's about me...it takes five"...I laugh at Kobe groupies every time I see this commercial because they can't understand this. They can't understand that basketball games are won by playing team basketball, not by having some cancer dismantling agenda filled anti-clutch player play his style. But then again, the Kobe groupies ARE the fools.

MK2V1GP
11-02-2006, 11:36 PM
kobe for kg:roll:

Kobe24
11-02-2006, 11:48 PM
That Adidas commercial is absoultely great, "you're a fool to believe it's about me...it takes five"...I laugh at Kobe groupies every time I see this commercial because they can't understand this. They can't understand that basketball games are won by playing team basketball, not by having some cancer dismantling agenda filled anti-clutch player play his style. But then again, the Kobe groupies ARE the fools.

Considering you are the biggest Groupie on the board then I hope you realized that you called yourself a fool.:hammerhead:

Horde of Temujin
11-03-2006, 02:46 AM
The reason the lakers are playing better than last year is because they have a full year under the Zen master and know the system better, and when kobe gets back theyll be that much better.
This year Kobe gets mvp Kobe-27-30 ppg, 8-9 assists pg

Younggrease
11-03-2006, 03:03 AM
The reason the lakers are playing better than last year is because they have a full year under the Zen master and know the system better, and when kobe gets back theyll be that much better.
This year Kobe gets mvp Kobe-27-30 ppg, 8-9 assists pg
Kobe cant win MVP anymore no matter what he does based on the Nash formula. Since they went 2-0 without him there is no way he even gets serious consideration

The Mamba
11-03-2006, 03:18 AM
This thread creator is a genius. He should be a GM.

final.wrath
11-03-2006, 04:15 AM
when's the next lakers game? kobe should be playing right?

LakersDynasty
11-03-2006, 04:17 AM
Friday against Seattle (today basically). Kobe is day to day, it's still unclear if he will play, he should be back on Sunday though.

PleezeBelieve
11-03-2006, 05:02 AM
Friday against Seattle (today basically). Kobe is day to day, it's still unclear if he will play, he should be back on Sunday though.
That's probably a bad match-up for Kobe's first game. Seattle has always been a nightmare for the Laker's to handle due to their long range shooters and fluid motion offense.

I don't know...I mean, how long do you Laker fans give Kobe to adequately reacclimate himself back into the line-up? Does three or four games sound correct? I don't know, it should be interesteing.

IMO, look for Kobe to play the facilitator role as he knows the team has played well and doesn't want to look like the renegade gun that some think he is. In the first four games, I look for them to go 2-2...which will be just good enough for the majority of Laker fans to forget that they'd be better without Kobe (long-term) than with him.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out. I think I'll try to keep this thread alive long enough to see if either I or my detractors was proven correct or not.

Kobe24
11-03-2006, 05:07 AM
at your own risk

LakersDynasty
11-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Lewis always torches us with perimeter shots, we don't match up very well against the Sonics, but I can't see us losing both games against them, with or without Kobe.

As for Kobe adjusting himself back in the line-up, if he can continue where he left off from the PHX series, we'll be in good shape, but that's easier said than done. I'm sure he'll have his head in the game, but he won't be physically in shape for another 2-3 weeks.

jmill
06-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Bump.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2932/kobe24.jpg

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-14-2009, 11:58 PM

:roll:

rs98762001
06-15-2009, 12:00 AM
I miss allaroundplaya. That guy was even stupider than Pleeze Believe.

elementally morale
06-15-2009, 12:46 AM
I miss allaroundplaya. That guy was even stupider than Pleeze Believe.

Justin never gets old.

crisoner
06-15-2009, 12:49 AM
Justin never gets old.

AnYBoDy ThAt TypE Like ThIs hAs ThE MiND Of a 12 YeAr oLd

KobeRules24
06-15-2009, 01:10 AM

PleezeDie

Mrofir
06-15-2009, 01:37 AM
They should have done it. Idiots.

jmill
06-15-2009, 01:39 AM
They should have done it. Idiots.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2425/kobefinals1.jpg

Laker4Lyfe
06-15-2009, 02:14 AM

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dqlq8k.jpg

MaxFly
06-15-2009, 05:02 AM

Lol, good call.

Yung D-Will
06-15-2009, 06:26 AM

While in no way am I saying the Lakers are better without Kobe, because that's f'n stupid... I do think the players on that team play more naturally without Kobe. By naturally, I mean they play their game the way they want to play it. When Kobe's on the floor, oftentimes it's "Give Kobe the ball and get out of his way". His teammates are relegated to nothing more than jumpshooters, standing around waiting to see what Kobe does. Lamar is a waste in that role.

Same thing with Lebron, When you have great players on a team you can fall into a mode where u just sit and watch.

But trading Kobe would be the dumbest trade in Nba history

indiefan23
06-15-2009, 06:49 AM

Trading Kobe now makes the most sense. They could get rid of his contract for 2010 and seriously set themselves up for another decade. They will 'never' be able to sell higher then after a championship. I'm a little surprised more stars don't get traded like this. The one postitive about the Shaq trade: they traded age for youth.

I love how athletes state they can play another x years at an elite level. They've never in their lives been old and slower so how can they possibly know it? And how can they possibly determine how fast they'll age? Kobe is not going to last another 6 years at an elite level. Its just BS his agent told him to say so he'll get another fat contract before his knee blowsout

hotsizzle
06-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Trading Kobe now makes the most sense. They could get rid of his contract for 2010 and seriously set themselves up for another decade. They will 'never' be able to sell higher then after a championship. I'm a little surprised more stars don't get traded like this. The one postitive about the Shaq trade: they traded age for youth.

I love how athletes state they can play another x years at an elite level. They've never in their lives been old and slower so how can they possibly know it? And how can they possibly determine how fast they'll age? Kobe is not going to last another 6 years at an elite level. Its just BS his agent told him to say so he'll get another fat contract before his knee blowsout

:oldlol:

imlmf
06-15-2009, 07:22 AM
hahaha

i feel bad for your daughter, there's no way she has a iq higher than 50 with a dad like you

this thread is so blatantly bitter

niko
06-15-2009, 09:19 AM
It's funny a Lebron fan would make a TRADE KOBE thread when TRADE LEBRON might make so much more sense this year. :hammerhead:

ukballer
06-15-2009, 09:27 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dqlq8k.jpg

:roll:

Perfect response to that trash.

23ajay
06-15-2009, 09:33 AM
there is no reason why lakers should trade kobe

seanlakers
06-15-2009, 09:37 AM

Kobe has a no-trade clause.

MaxFly
06-15-2009, 09:51 AM

Wow...

poido123
06-15-2009, 09:56 AM
The first question i ask is why would you trade a player away who just won you a championship for christs sake? If anything, now that Kobe has that taste again for a championship, he will be even more hungrier to chase more, that's the way he is...Can someone end this thread? I dislike Kobe as a person, but I would never stand for disrespectful threads like these, if I saw one of these on Jordan I would lash out in a big way...

hoopaddict08
06-15-2009, 10:52 AM
The first question i ask is why would you trade a player away who just won you a championship for christs sake? If anything, now that Kobe has that taste again for a championship, he will be even more hungrier to chase more, that's the way he is...Can someone end this thread? I dislike Kobe as a person, but I would never stand for disrespectful threads like these, if I saw one of these on Jordan I would lash out in a big way...

this thread was made back in 2006

Disaprine
06-15-2009, 12:37 PM
don't any of you know is rude to make fun of the mentally challenged.

magicmanfan
06-15-2009, 12:47 PM

Have to disagree with everything here!!!

andredagiant
06-15-2009, 04:39 PM
:lol I guess it's not a bad idea, but Kobe IS the Lakers, I hate him, but any NBA fan will admit without him the Lakers have no identity...they kinda depend on him......but yeah, they should trade Kobe for someone like Lebron