PDA

View Full Version : Community

Whiteness
01-30-2010, 03:29 AM
Is anyone else currently obsessed with this show? I find the writing flawless. It's taken over the Office for me in terms of my favorites. That show has just gotten to be depressing. As for Community, I've observed the humor around here and I feel like a lot of you guys would enjoy this show.

http://www.hulu.com/community?c=Comedy

embersyc
01-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Community is the first sitcom I have liked since Seinfeld went away. A+

Great show.

hihellohi765
01-30-2010, 01:14 PM
The few episodes I have seen, I have enjoyed.

bagelred
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
It's a great show. The writing is superb and they did an excellent job creating and casting the likable characters.

But like the Office and 30 Rock, it's too smart for Joe American. That's why it doesn't get Top 20 ratings. Americans like "middle of the road", boringly mainstream shows like "Two and a Half Men". Mildly funny, but safe and unchallenging and "simple".

But good call on Community. Great show. :cheers:

sergiorodriguez
01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Community is hilarious, I really hope it doesn't get canceled!

"But I thought you had a Bachelors degree from Columbia!"
"Now I have to get one from America":roll:

Also the episode where the main guy does the project with Chevy Chase and they make the stupid epic 20 minute play when all they had to do was a short conversation in Spanish:roll: I need to watch more of this show

Shadynasty's
10-20-2012, 01:03 AM
Damn you, NBC... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LV7M_WeGX8)

Jakeh008
10-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Damn you, NBC... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LV7M_WeGX8)

l3.@.$.+.@.R.cl.$!!!

Patrick Chewing
10-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Community is the first sitcom I have liked since Seinfeld went away. A+

Great show.

Based on this, I will have to give it a try. I've been stuck in Seinfeld mode for 14 years.

miller-time
10-20-2012, 03:16 AM
But like the Office and 30 Rock, it's too smart for Joe American. That's why it doesn't get Top 20 ratings. Americans like "middle of the road", boringly mainstream shows like "Two and a Half Men". Mildly funny, but safe and unchallenging and "simple".

also arrested development. the writing on that show was absolutely perfect. they even have jokes that subtly span across episodes and even seasons.

daballa13
10-20-2012, 03:53 AM
This show is the definition of pathetic. The writing is terrible and the acting is disgusting, Donald Glover is probably the worst actor I've ever seen.

InspiredLebowski
10-20-2012, 03:54 AM
also arrested development. the writing on that show was absolutely perfect. they even have jokes that subtly span across episodes and even seasons.Arrested Development just never should've been on Fox. It's a show that uses "high brow" humor that's just far, far too subtle for broadcast network audiences. FX, Comedy Central, something like that. Hell, HBO's done great shit with half hour comedies in the past, time to have one again. They gave that Australian guy that plays 75% of the parts multiple chances, don't see why they don't give broadcast network rejects a chance.

miller-time
10-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Arrested Development just never should've been on Fox. It's a show that uses "high brow" humor that's just far, far too subtle for broadcast network audiences. FX, Comedy Central, something like that. Hell, HBO's done great shit with half hour comedies in the past, time to have one again. They gave that Australian guy that plays 75% of the parts multiple chances, don't see why they don't give broadcast network rejects a chance.

what guy are you talking about?

InspiredLebowski
10-20-2012, 04:26 AM
what guy are you talking about?Chris Lilley

bagelred
10-20-2012, 04:53 AM
This show is the definition of pathetic. The writing is terrible and the acting is disgusting, Donald Glover is probably the worst actor I've ever seen.

:wtf: NSIS:coleman:

Spue
10-20-2012, 12:26 PM
It is my favorite show on t.v.

embersyc
10-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Based on this, I will have to give it a try. I've been stuck in Seinfeld mode for 14 years.

Ironically I haven't really watched Community since the end of the first season. I kind of lost track of it.

Guess I should get caught up myself.

Myth
10-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Ironically I haven't really watched Community since the end of the first season. I kind of lost track of it.

Guess I should get caught up myself.

Season 2 is the best.

daballa13
10-20-2012, 08:39 PM
I only watched the first season and the main reason was Annie's boobs. Oh Lord. :bowdown: :bowdown:

HardwoodLegend
10-23-2012, 06:34 PM
I hadn't watched it in a while, but I just checked out the "Pillows and Blankets" episode I had saved for ages. It's a testament to the show's great writing that they can take such a silly concept and make it as watchable as they do.

:lol @ Jeff Winger asking Keith David the narrator "Hey, weren't you on The Cape?" at the end

"*pause* ... No."

DuMa
10-03-2013, 10:08 PM
I've heard rumblings about this show for a couple years but I never like to watch too much tv because fear of addiction. But this show is amazing. Its got its lows like many other great shows in history but the highs are so incredibly funny, witty and so insightful.

I dont like to brag about a show too much to friends and people because I think people should find shows on their own and develop their own appreciation without needing hype or commercials.

After watching all 4 seasons, I read a lot of varying opinions of the show online throughout many different reviews and forums. It seems to have a great cult following which i think will be appreciated a lot better over time because i think a majority of the episodes have so much rewatchability depth.

thumbs up to Community and Comedy Central for picking it up for syndication (and hopefully for future new seasons)

DirkNowitzki41
10-03-2013, 10:46 PM
I loved the first 3 seasons, they were hilarious. But could never get into season 4 for some reason...

britta is fineeeee though. :rockon:

no pun intended
10-03-2013, 10:59 PM
#SixSeasonsAndAMovie

no pun intended
10-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Oh and season 5 is going to be the best. Because fvcking Mike's in it.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/20/jonathan-banks-breaking-bad-community/

JimmyMcAdocious
10-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Love it. It has been recently syndicated and they are showing reruns on like 3 different channels. I forgot how good the first two seasons are.

bagelred
10-03-2013, 11:16 PM
#coolcoolcool #poppop #sixseasonsandamovie #troyandabedinthemorning #anniesboobs #eviltroyandevilabed

Best sitcom in a long time. It's incredible it's reached 5 seasons...every year it seems like it's about to get canceled and they always save it.

I'm pretty sure finally this will be it's last season. :(

The Dean might be one of the funniest sitcom characters of all time....

I wonder if they are going to replace Chevy Chase in the study group with someone new.....

no pun intended
10-03-2013, 11:21 PM
#coolcoolcool #poppop #sixseasonsandamovie #troyandabedinthemorning #anniesboobs #eviltroyandevilabed

Best sitcom in a long time. It's incredible it's reached 5 seasons...every year it seems like it's about to get canceled and they always save it.

I wonder if they are going to replace Chevy Chase in the study group with someone new.....
I have a feeling Ben Chang will replace him.

Go Getter
10-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Troy and Abed in the moooooooooooorning!

DuMa
10-04-2013, 12:00 AM
the Dean was great at first but hes getting old and repetitive. Its becoming so predictable he starts interrupting the study group to set up plot for the rest of the episode.

Leonard needs more lines. Hes hilarious. a little more racism and he could be a poor man's Pierce.

TheReal Kendall
10-04-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm gonna check this out

B-Easy8
10-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Not since the OC have I witnessed a show go from elite to un-watchable garbage over a few seasons.

imdaman99
10-04-2013, 02:48 AM

thats what i thought when they put OMAR LITTLE in last season... but he had such a small and unimportant role :(

Myth
10-04-2013, 03:54 AM

Awesome news, but it will probably be the worst since Donald Glover is leaving.

no pun intended
10-04-2013, 03:56 AM
thats what i thought when they put OMAR LITTLE in last season... but he had such a small and unimportant role :(
Well, he's booked for 11 episodes. While Omar had 3. So let's hope for good things to come.

treadster
10-04-2013, 03:59 AM
Awesome news, but it will probably be the worst since Donald Glover is leaving.
Dammit, Community will not be the same without the combination of Troy and Abed.

bagelred
10-04-2013, 08:58 AM
I had no clue Glover was leaving. That is a HUGE loss for the show. Now I'm more convinced than ever this will be the last season. Oh well....

Just Abed in the MOOOORNing.........

Myth
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
I had no clue Glover was leaving. That is a HUGE loss for the show. Now I'm more convinced than ever this will be the last season. Oh well....

Abed and Mike Erhmantraut in the MOOOORNing.

Andrew Wiggins
10-04-2013, 03:16 PM

ah this explains a lot about your shitty sense of humor

dr.hee
10-04-2013, 03:23 PM

Will be better than S4 even without Glover I think. Hopefully they go all out with crazy stuff like they did in season 3, which is my personal goat comedy season. Don't think Harmon will care about ratings and network execs if it's the last season anyway, so they might do whatever they want to.

DuMa
10-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Will be better than S4 even without Glover I think. Hopefully they go all out with crazy stuff like they did in season 3, which is my personal goat comedy season. Don't think Harmon will care about ratings and network execs if it's the last season anyway, so they might do whatever they want to.

Troy will be missed and yes i agree with Harmon back with final cut, the show can return to its first 3 seasons form. It will require a lot of creativity and balls which i think the show has great reputation of being already. I'm also prepared for it to suck and crash and burn like the last 'season' of Scrubs. Either way, I've become a fan for life.

If it does return to form, i think S6 is possible and who knows, maybe Pierce and Troy can come back. and finish the original intention of 6 season and a movie.

Pop POP!

bagelred
10-04-2013, 06:19 PM

S4 was pretty bad. They really drove Inspector Spacetime into the ground. Milking a joke too too much......

Have a feeling Harmon is gonna let it all hang out S5. I'm sure he knows chance of a S6 is remote anyway....but Glover, IMO, is the star of the show...consistently funniest character so that's gonna be tough to replace.

no pun intended
12-11-2013, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNQh0SXadSc

It's back bitches.

Leonard giving us the insiders.

Myth
12-11-2013, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNQh0SXadSc

It's back bitches.

Leonard giving us the insiders.

Wow, that doesn't even look like the same show. This scares me.

niko
12-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Wow, that doesn't even look like the same show. This scares me.
It's a trailer for a show Abed is making within the show.

Myth
12-12-2013, 04:00 AM
It's a trailer for a show Abed is making within the show.

I was hoping it was something like that. I'm assuming he actually becomes a teacher though.

niko
12-12-2013, 04:36 PM
I was hoping it was something like that. I'm assuming he actually becomes a teacher though.
Yes. There is another trailer out for the season premiere, done like a LOTR trailer.

no pun intended
01-03-2014, 01:06 AM
i think its safe to say community is back

JimmyMcAdocious
01-03-2014, 01:07 AM
That good? Have the shit dvred while I wait for this Bama-OU game to end.

Myth
01-03-2014, 02:06 AM
Dan Harmon's wit definitely shown through tonight. My favorite part was Donald Glover's meta-reference to Scrubs.

mrRager
01-03-2014, 04:27 AM
its back already? forgot to dvr it :(

Myth
01-03-2014, 05:32 AM
its back already? forgot to dvr it :(

Check out Hulu, they probably have them.

dr.hee
01-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Dan Harmon's wit definitely shown through tonight. My favorite part was Donald Glover's meta-reference to Scrubs.

The second episode was amazing. One of the best ever imo. Didn't care that much for the first one, but it was needed to set up the season. And Jonathan Banks is such a great actor.