PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad = Best show ALIVE

rknine15
02-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Just finished watching this. It is the best show ALIVE. Better than:

Prison Break, Oz, Wire, 24, Lost, Harper's Island, True Blood, etc(all very good shows)

YOU GOTTA TAKE THIS SHOW IN, IT'S CRAZY GOOD!!!!!!! EVERYONE MUST WATCH THIS SHOW!

http://www.icis.com/blogs/icis-chemicals-confidential/breaking-bad.jpg

Synopsis:

Walter White, a chemistry teacher with a pregnant wife, Skyler, and a son with cerebral palsy, is diagnosed with stage-three terminal lung cancer. Determined to develop a sufficient inheritance for his family before his death, Walter enters the drug trade using his chemistry knowledge to cook remarkably potent methamphetamine (crystal meth) with Jesse Pinkman, a former student.

1987_Lakers
02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Season 2 was awesome. Hopefully season 3 will deliver.

Abd El-Krim
02-15-2010, 06:40 PM
It's not the best show ever, but it's very good.

AtomSmasher
02-15-2010, 06:40 PM
what network does this run on?

rknine15
02-15-2010, 06:41 PM
AMC

I watched it on MV though.

pete's montreux
02-15-2010, 06:42 PM

:oldlol:

pete's montreux
02-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Now downloading seasons 1+2 in 720p.

AtomSmasher
02-15-2010, 06:47 PM
:oldlol:
:D

rknine15
02-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Now downloading seasons 1+2 in 720p.
You WILL LOVE IT AND THANK ME!:rockon:

andgar923
02-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Its very good, one of my top 4 shows but its not better than Lost.

I think its better in some aspects, such as the overall acting but not better as a whole.

thekavorka
02-15-2010, 09:17 PM
it's way better than Lost (and i love Lost).

Breaking Bad is so ****ing good. but come on man. we all know nothing tops The Wire.

rknine15
02-16-2010, 07:26 PM

I think its better in some aspects, such as the overall acting but not better as a whole.
The acting is just ****ing awesome.

Jesse, Walter :bowdown: :bowdown: .

BankShot
06-28-2011, 12:35 AM
I just started watching it tonight.... about halfway through the pilot.

I knew the basic premise of the show, and the amazing accolades it has recieved.... and was still blown away by the opening sequence.

I haven't been this excited about a new show since I started Lost a couple years back.

BankShot
06-28-2011, 12:35 AM
Please.... no spoilers!!!!

pete's montreux
06-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Please.... no spoilers!!!!

bump this thread when you're done with season one

brwnman
06-28-2011, 12:37 AM
not a huge fan. I thought it got better, but too slow for my taste...

BankShot
06-28-2011, 12:38 AM
bump this thread when you're done with season one

Deal.... I've only downloaded the first episode, but I plan on getting the rest of the first season in 720p over night, and then proceeding to go on a Breaking Bad Binge over the next couple of evenings.

Like I said... I haven't been this excited for a TV program since Lost. :hammertime:

pete's montreux
06-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Deal.... I've only downloaded the first episode, but I plan on getting the rest of the first season in 720p over night, and then proceeding to go on a Breaking Bad Binge over the next couple of evenings.

Like I said... I haven't been this excited for a TV program since Lost. :hammertime:

It's really great if you stick through the first season. That's why I want you to bump this thread, I want to get your reaction on something.

andgar923
06-28-2011, 12:48 AM

It only gets better.

Saintsfan1992
06-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Game of Thrones :confusedshrug:

BankShot
06-28-2011, 01:04 AM

I haven't seen it, but to annoint a show that hasn't even finished its first season as "The Best Show Alive" is premature to say the least :rolleyes:

BankShot
06-28-2011, 01:15 AM
I haven't seen it, but to annoint a show that hasn't even finished its first season as "The Best Show Alive" is premature to say the least :rolleyes:

Partial nevermind.... I guess the first season has finished.

Somebody give me a 2-4 sentence argument that not only includes a basic premise, but also rationale as to why I should invest my small amount of allotted TV time that is already in tight competition with other programs.

Ok, go.

IGOTGAME
06-28-2011, 01:17 AM

Luther or Dexter?

BankShot
06-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Luther or Dexter?

Dexter is f*cking awesome.

That is another show that I've recently started (and worked through very quickly) that I was truly excited about after the pilot/first couple episodes.

InspiredLebowski
06-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Love all the non-network shows mentioned here, even if Dexter's fallen off the rails a bit, but seriously fellas, get on the Deadwood train. Damn crime it wasn't cost effective for HBO. Boardwalk Empire's outstanding but not as good as Deadwood (obviously IMO) and probably even more expensive.

July 17th's the new season of Breaking Bad premiere.

alenleomessi
06-28-2011, 04:38 AM

+1

Blackisbig
06-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Meh, didn't like it. But then again, I hated The Wire as well.

Lakerlove420
06-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Breaking Bad was soo good.
Just watched it like 3 weeks ago. 3 seasons..
in my top 3 all time favorite shows. (for now..

brwnman
06-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Dexter is the sh!t...

BankShot
06-28-2011, 09:04 PM
It's really great if you stick through the first season. That's why I want you to bump this thread, I want to get your reaction on something.

I didn't realize the first season was so short... so I was able to finish it in a night-and-a-half (albeit with very little sleep)

Absolutely love the show.... and can definitely see why Cranston has won so many awards with his performance.

So whats the question there pete??

pete's montreux
06-28-2011, 09:06 PM
What did you think of ep 9 compared to the finale? I thought the climax of ep 9 would've been a MUCH more powerful end to the first season compared to the anti-climatic end of ep 10. It really irks me to this day.

Spoilers: that scene where he watches the girl choke to death was so powerful, i really think that would've been better had it been the climax for the entire season rather than ep 9

BankShot
06-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Honestly, I think you're a bit confused, and maybe are combining shows here.

First off, Breaking Bad Season 1 only had seven episodes.... and none of them ended in the way you said in your white spoiler.

Second, the end of episode 6 (the second to last episode in season one) had (Spoiler) Hank walking away from Tuco's headquarters, after blowing the place up with fulminated mercury and reaching an agreement based on quality product and respect... which would have been a solid way to end the first season, but if you ask me it would have been too tidy and feel-good. (Spoiler) For a story based around the chaos involved with the drug world, Hank walking away with money, security, and safety, would have been too easy.

The end of the seventh, and final, episode of Season One had (Spoiler) Hank and Jesse standing in the junkyard after Tuco mercilessly beats his own man for simply speaking out of line, and realizing that there's going to be more to this life than simply making a shit-ton of money This ending, to me, was not only more powerful, but more indicative of the moral struggle Hank has with the drug world, and also representative of how clueless they were about dealing with ruthless hard-ass criminals. .

Either way, great show. :rockon:

BankShot
06-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Bumping it for Pete.

Now i definitely know you have your seasons confused (i'm into Season 2 now.... I can't stop, I'm seriously addicted). Anyways it really is too bad because it has seriously spoiled the (Spoiler) relationship between Jane and Jesse... and how it apparently ends

I'm not mad.... just disappointed. :facepalm

pete's montreux
06-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Unfortunately, yes, I completely confused the seasons. I'm usually extremely careful when it comes to spoilers and I apologize profusely. I meant to reply yesterday but I forgot.

BankShot
06-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately, yes, I completely confused the seasons. I'm usually extremely careful when it comes to spoilers and I apologize profusely. I meant to reply yesterday but I forgot.

Its all good. In the end its good to know that (Spoiler).... that chick Jane isn't a lasting character on the show... the last the Dynamic Duo needs is some clingy junkie whore along for the ride

pete's montreux
06-29-2011, 11:55 PM
I actually think Krysten Ritter is a talented actress when she takes serious roles. She was very good on Showtimes "Gravity" which only lasted one season. She's got a seriously nice ass.

Bosnian Sajo
06-30-2011, 04:24 AM
Just finished episode 2...the ONLY thing I would of done that this guy did, is smoke some of the kids weed he had lying on the table :oldlol:

Although very entertaining indeed, im really liking the show alot. I felt real bad when it showed he has lung cancer, thats real tough :/

Lakerlove420
06-30-2011, 09:58 AM
I actually think Krysten Ritter is a talented actress when she takes serious roles. She was very good on Showtimes "Gravity" which only lasted one season. She's got a seriously nice ass.

http://img.listal.com/image/584368/600full-krysten-ritter.jpg

pretty skinny.. not much ass. .
but there is definitely something about her..
I'll give you that

IlliniFan
07-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Recently watched all 3 seasons of this. I'm hooked. And the list of tv shows continues to grow..

pete's montreux
07-10-2011, 04:35 PM
http://img.listal.com/image/584368/600full-krysten-ritter.jpg

pretty skinny.. not much ass. .
but there is definitely something about her..
I'll give you that

You should watch her on a show called "Gravity", It's cancelled now but she was scantily clad in several scenes and her ass was pretty nice.

RoseCity07
07-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Dude, this show is awesome. I just started watching last weak from the pilot episode. AMC is playing 3 at a time, from 11 pm to 2 am.

Great show. I haven't had a show since Nip/Tuck and The Shield went off the air. This is my show now.:cheers:

Bless Mathews
07-11-2011, 02:54 AM
Peep the avatar b..itches..

one week till season 4

season 3 is going to be tough to top!!!!!

andgar923
07-11-2011, 02:55 AM
You should watch her on a show called "Gravity", It's cancelled now but she was scantily clad in several scenes and her ass was pretty nice.

Nvd....

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/krysten_ritter/krysten_ritter_gravity_s01e01_J2DGiXW.sized.jpg

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/krysten_ritter/krysten_ritter_gravity_s01e09_As9hXME.sized.jpg

Bless Mathews
07-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Shards
Chode

SayTownRy
07-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Peep the avatar b..itches..

:pimp:

niko
07-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Dude, this show is awesome. I just started watching last weak from the pilot episode. AMC is playing 3 at a time, from 11 pm to 2 am.

Great show. I haven't had a show since Nip/Tuck and The Shield went off the air. This is my show now.:cheers:
Don't watch the commercials for Season 4. They basically give you every spoiler from season 1 to 3.

pete's montreux
07-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Nvd....

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/krysten_ritter/krysten_ritter_gravity_s01e01_J2DGiXW.sized.jpg

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/krysten_ritter/krysten_ritter_gravity_s01e09_As9hXME.sized.jpg

mmm delicious

pete's montreux
07-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Reviews for the 4th season are pouring in, critics are saying It's the greatest American drama ever.

Bless Mathews
07-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Reviews for the 4th season are pouring in, critics are saying It's the greatest American drama ever.

agreed

im finna get me a fat satchel of some shards and put in work then watch season 4 premier

andgar923
07-14-2011, 02:10 AM
I really hope it turns out as good as the early reviews claim.

I got tons of heat when I stated a while back, that it was better than The Sopranos.

True... The Sopranos was groundbreaking and this show wouldn't be alive without it. And YES it was well written, acted and directed, but the shit was a snore fest compared to Breaking Bad. This show packs everything that made The Sopranos great, but delivers it in a more exciting/fast paced package.

1987_Lakers
07-14-2011, 03:50 AM
OMFG I can't wait till Season 4. Just 3 more days.

If this season is a masterpiece which many think it is I will rank it behind "The Wire" as the greatest show ever.

The Sopranos started to decline after season 2, Breaking Bad gets better and better every season, very rare for a TV show.

alenleomessi
07-14-2011, 05:06 AM
i have 3 and a half days to rewatch the first 3 seasons
GO!!! :rockon:

Bless Mathews
07-14-2011, 05:15 AM
i have 3 and a half days to rewatch the first 3 seasons
GO!!! :rockon:

lol

just smoke a fat ass shard

Lakerlove420
07-14-2011, 10:06 AM
I really hope it turns out as good as the early reviews claim.

I got tons of heat when I stated a while back, that it was better than The Sopranos.

True... The Sopranos was groundbreaking and this show wouldn't be alive without it. And YES it was well written, acted and directed, but the shit was a snore fest compared to Breaking Bad. This show packs everything that made The Sopranos great, but delivers it in a more exciting/fast paced package.

what do you mean Breaking Bad wouldn't be alive without Sopranos?:confusedshrug:

What does the one have to do with the other?

what do you mean Breaking Bad has everything that made Sopranos great? :confusedshrug:

Like what? What exactly did both shows have that's the same?
same directors or writers :confusedshrug:

or are you just saying in general they were both hit shows?
both having a strong lead character and great surrounding cast members?

By the way.. I'm not giving you crap right now . .
just wondering how you see it.

I watched both series this year (2011) all episodes and seasons.
And yes they are both pretty much at the top of my list.
And that is what they have in common. They were both GREAT.
But what are you saying?

andgar923
07-14-2011, 12:03 PM
what do you mean Breaking Bad wouldn't be alive without Sopranos?:confusedshrug:

What does the one have to do with the other?

what do you mean Breaking Bad has everything that made Sopranos great? :confusedshrug:

Like what? What exactly did both shows have that's the same?
same directors or writers :confusedshrug:

or are you just saying in general they were both hit shows?
both having a strong lead character and great surrounding cast members?

By the way.. I'm not giving you crap right now . .
just wondering how you see it.

I watched both series this year (2011) all episodes and seasons.
And yes they are both pretty much at the top of my list.
And that is what they have in common. They were both GREAT.
But what are you saying?

The Sopranos introduced a new way of storytelling for tv. It focused on themes and characters that had yet to be explored on tv. And of course these are crime, corruption, and a deep deep exploration into their psyche. No other show before had delved as deeply into a character's life as Sopranos. Specially that of a criminal and their family life.

After the Sopranos, there was an influx of shows that tried to copy it in one way or another, of course, most of them failed. But the door was opened regardless, and we all became a more sophisticated audience because of it. It became the new standard of what great writing, acting, and directing should be. And that is why without the Sopranos, this show doesn't exist.

Criminal elements aside, Sopranos' influence was in its storytelling. Focusing on nuance and details at its own pace. Letting the viewer really think and let things sink in, it was like watching a novel and not a tv show (or film).

Both shows share a deep character analysis, in a non-romantic role. Breaking Bad doesn't romanticize shit. It straight up shows you every character both the good and the bad, in all their flaws. All told with great directing, writing, acting, and breakdown of a criminal's life.

ZeN
07-14-2011, 12:08 PM
cant freakin' wait for sunday..!!..

Lakerlove420
07-14-2011, 12:10 PM
The Sopranos introduced a new way of storytelling for tv. It focused on themes and characters that had yet to be explored on tv. And of course these are crime, corruption, and a deep deep exploration into their psyche. No other show before had delved as deeply into a character's life as Sopranos. Specially that of a criminal and their family life.

After the Sopranos, there was an influx of shows that tried to copy it in one way or another, of course, most of them failed. But the door was opened regardless, and we all became a more sophisticated audience because of it. It became the new standard of what great writing, acting, and directing should be. And that is why without the Sopranos, this show doesn't exist.

Criminal elements aside, Sopranos' influence was in its storytelling. Focusing on nuance and details at its own pace. Letting the viewer really think and let things sink in, it was like watching a novel and not a tv show (or film).

Both shows share a deep character analysis, in a non-romantic role. Breaking Bad doesn't romanticize shit. It straight up shows you every character both the good and the bad, in all their flaws. All told with great directing, writing, acting, and breakdown of a criminal's life.

great explanation. I agree.
I don't really have much to add. good post.

We all can't wait for Sunday!

bluechox2
07-14-2011, 12:17 PM
great show, ive been waiting for this for a whole year
finaly its here

NastaMaverick
07-17-2011, 02:20 AM
bump.

:D:D:D:D

catch24
07-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Will be watching tomorrow... :cheers:

andgar923
07-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Can't wait!!!

Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, hell... even True Blood is turning out better than last season (which aint hard to do).

I haven't been this excited since the new Gossip Girl season last year!!!

Saintsfan1992
07-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Greats how jus finished season 3.

one of the best shows on TV.

Not better than Game of thrones. :pimp:

InspiredLebowski
07-17-2011, 02:52 AM
Greats how jus finished season 3.

one of the best shows on TV.

Not better than Game of thrones. :pimp:I'm not going to say put GoT on AMC because it'd clearly never get off the ground, but put BB on HBO and watch what happens. A show about a cancer riddled every man turning to the drug trade to provide, set in current times, on HBO?! Jesus Christ. Much as I adore HBO's programming I feel like they're very much missing a "common appeal" type show. Not that BB's exactly that, but you get what I mean. What was their last show (that didn't just suck) since Sopranos to take place in modern day? No TrueBlood doesn't count, I mean legit dramas, TB's camp as camp gets.

ZeN
07-17-2011, 11:09 AM
tonight is the night.. gonna be epic..

Unstoppabull
07-31-2011, 08:18 PM
What is breaking bad about?

ZeN
11-20-2011, 11:36 PM
What is breaking bad about?
your a sick son of a b*tch

pauk
11-21-2011, 12:07 AM
dling now season 1-2-3-4 :pimp:

Myth
11-21-2011, 04:19 AM
I started watching BB about a month ago and it is my favorite non-comedy of all time. I have about 4 more episodes of season 4, and then I have to wait 10 months for new ones :cry:

About 6 months ago I thought Lost was the greatest non-comedy show ever. Now, Lost can't hold a candle to Breaking Bad.

niko
11-21-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm not going to say put GoT on AMC because it'd clearly never get off the ground, but put BB on HBO and watch what happens. A show about a cancer riddled every man turning to the drug trade to provide, set in current times, on HBO?! Jesus Christ. Much as I adore HBO's programming I feel like they're very much missing a "common appeal" type show. Not that BB's exactly that, but you get what I mean. What was their last show (that didn't just suck) since Sopranos to take place in modern day? No TrueBlood doesn't count, I mean legit dramas, TB's camp as camp gets.
Treme but that show is boring as shit.

chips93
11-21-2011, 12:15 PM
im about 4 episodes into the first season. looks pretty good, not as amazing as some poeple say, but still very good.

Go Getter
11-21-2011, 12:37 PM
im about 4 episodes into the first season. looks pretty good, not as amazing as some poeple say, but still very good.
Just wait.

andgar923
11-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Just wait.

haha... I kept telling my co-worker to watch it and she kept putting it off. She recently hurt her ankle so she began to watch BB, 4 shows in she was like "Its okay." Two days later I get an email saying how she and her husband are hooked on it and how its the greatest thing ever.

She was almost done with the 2nd season.... I simply told her... 'wait'.

Godzuki
11-21-2011, 04:11 PM

yea i felt the same way. i kept waiting for them to get their shit together and start running a meth lab making money but it just kept being everything but that happeniing....it got to the point i was getting mad at their stupidity. maybe it does that later on but i was expecting a lot different than what i saw after the first handful of episodes :confusedshrug:

Myth
11-21-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm even surprised that people are saying it takes 4 episodes or so for them to start getting into it. I was hooked from the first episode, heck, the opening sequence.

Godzuki
11-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm even surprised that people are saying it takes 4 episodes or so for them to start getting into it. I was hooked from the first episode, heck, the opening sequence.

for me it went a lot of places i wasn't expecting and a lot of it sort of just showing him miserable, failing at everything and abused by people, then hooking up with that screw up sort of compounded my frustration with him getting anywhere. but i went into it thinking it was about him cookiing/selling meth...similar to Weeds. it was almost a surreal downer show in the episodes i saw but like i said it was only the first handful~

JohnnySic
11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
I haven't seen season 4 yet (waiting on the dvd) but things got really wacky in season 3...

pauk
11-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Just finished season 1 and am in middle of season 2...........

and............

i...

agree...........

BEST SHOW TODAY!!

RoseCity07
11-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Just ordered season 1,2, and 3 on blu-ray off Amazon. You're going to love season 4.

Myth
11-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Just finished season 4 the other day. HOLY.... F*CKING.... SHIT!

Eat Like A Bosh
11-30-2011, 01:07 AM
Absolutely love this show, I can say, I'm a BB addict at this point.

enayes
05-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Just watched all 4 seasons in less than 2 weeks. I had been meaning to watch this series awhile ago but never got around to it. All in all probably my second favorite show behind Dexter.

Favorite parts:

When Walt and Jesse are trapped in the trailer at the scrapyard with Hank trying to get in, awesome scene.

When Walt goes back to pollos hermanos and is convinced that Gus is the man he was supposed to meet, I love Gus's demeanor and how cautious he is.

Season 3 finale when Walt calls Jesse and tells him he has a 20 minute window to get to Gail and kill him to save himself and Walt.

Myth
05-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Anybody else see that Gustavo was on Community today?

ImmortalNemesis
05-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Just finished season 3. :cheers:

chazzy
05-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Can't wait for the last season. The way this show builds tension is incredible

Eat Like A Bosh
05-18-2012, 01:15 PM
It's seems like forever since I last watched BB lol. I don't think I've watched any in 2012 at all. Hurry up Season 5! When does it premiere?

RoseCity07
05-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't like how they broke it up into to 8 episode parts for season 5.

neilio23
05-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Anybody else see that Gustavo was on Community today?

Ya, I saw that. He had all the awesome weapons haha!

rknine15
07-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Game of Thrones ain't got nothing on Breaking Bad

:cheers:

rknine15
08-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Yup still the best!!!!

RoseCity07
08-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Wow...saw the ending.:applause:

Have to see the first 20 minutes though.

Bless Mathews
08-11-2013, 10:21 PM
All around. Yes. Best show ever.

Acting. Story. Others close. Filming sets it over. As best.

rknine15
09-29-2013, 10:48 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :cry: