PDA

View Full Version : George W. Bush has said some stupid shit, but Prince Philip may have him beat.

Manute for Ever!
02-28-2010, 07:21 AM
For those not in the know, Prince Philip is the husband of HRH Queen Elizabeth II, making him the Duke of Edinburgh. He is also a racist and an all-round dumb mother****er who was born on a kitchen table in Greece. Here he is farting at an official Royal engagement (second from left):

http://www.myinterestingfiles.com/images/2008/03/didkingphilipfart.jpg

He is a constant source of embarrassment to the British Royal family, due to him opening his mouth. Some of his pearls of wisdom:

[B]

JtotheIzzo
02-28-2010, 07:48 AM
though some are highly inappropriate, many are quite funny.

seems like he'd be a cool wacky uncle or grandpa...probably bought booze for William and Harry when they were underage.

plowking
02-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Seems like your classic racist, senile old man.

DCL
02-28-2010, 08:56 AM
he seems as mature as a typical ish poster. i can tolerate him and probably even top him on some.

iamgine
02-28-2010, 09:03 AM
This guy can replace Charles Barkley as analyst.

DinoRadja40
02-28-2010, 09:54 AM
I dunno but I like this guy, hopefully at that age I can come up with some witty one liners like that.

DCL
02-28-2010, 10:12 AM
“Do you still throw spears at each other?”
-To an Australian Aborigine during a Royal visit in March, 2002.

if you got offended, you dont have one funny bone in your body.

Take Your Lumps
02-28-2010, 10:18 AM
sounds like a funny mother****er to me

Kobe Jnr
02-28-2010, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=Manute for Ever!]For those not in the know, Prince Philip is the husband of HRH Queen Elizabeth II, making him the Duke of Edinburgh. He is also a racist and an all-round dumb mother****er who was born on a kitchen table in Greece. Here he is farting at an official Royal engagement (second from left):

http://www.myinterestingfiles.com/images/2008/03/didkingphilipfart.jpg

He is a constant source of embarrassment to the British Royal family, due to him opening his mouth. Some of his pearls of wisdom:

[B]

InspiredLebowski
02-28-2010, 10:22 AM
While obviously not fitting public statements from royalty, dude seems funny as shit. Guy's got the best of both worlds, not only is he a prince so you can't say shit to him, but he's old as dirt so he's got that excuse.

Manute for Ever!
02-28-2010, 10:26 AM
if you got offended, you dont have one funny bone in your body.

I never said he wasn't funny :cheers:

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Seems like your classic racist, senile old man.
Basically. Didn't find him too funny myself.

iamgine
02-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Here's one to Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXKMIDbUbQ8

BRabbiT
02-28-2010, 11:28 AM
yeah, he does seem racist & just dumb, overall.

some of his quotes are funny...

[QUOTE=Manute for Ever!]
[B]

jbot
02-28-2010, 03:17 PM
eh, they're all inbreds. look at prince charles. u can't tell me that guys parents aren't siblings.

some of that stuff he said is downright funny. i can't take people serious who still call themselves princes, princesses, queens, etc. that shit is so ancient and dumb.

craigthomasb
02-28-2010, 03:41 PM
lol, he does come out with some real pearls of wisdom, he truly is an embaressment

hes like berlesconi (the italian PM) but with out the charm to pull it off

for example some one asked him if he had ever slept a prostitute...and his reply was "im no angel" and the italians loved it!

ps, watch this, its from a show called mock the week and basically a comedy panel show that slates the news, politics and the royal family, here they do some impersonations of the prince phillip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o60W286cm-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMIs7L5SxfQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7PDyEDFUmE

the 1st one is just classic

boozehound
02-28-2010, 03:45 PM
the major difference is that he has no real authority and is basically a trophy husband for ceremonial purposes. Those are some pretty stupid statements (made over decades of public exposure), but at least he can use grammar properly (more or less).

rezznor
02-28-2010, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE]

shadow
02-28-2010, 04:02 PM
the series of pics posted is priceless.:lol

Hawker
02-28-2010, 04:07 PM
the major difference is that he has no real authority and is basically a trophy husband for ceremonial purposes. Those are some pretty stupid statements (made over decades of public exposure), but at least he can use grammar properly (more or less).

Bush speaks the way he speaks because he's a Texan boy. Hard to stray away from the way you grew up. There are smart people in Texas that speak like that.

Juges8932
02-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I am not familiar with him, so IDK the tone/context in which they were said. Some are blatantly rude/dickish, but for some, it isn't apparent to me if he was being serious or not. At first read though, I thought this guy was clown/dick.

RedBlackAttack
02-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Not only that, but Bush was elected (twice), while this guy simply married into the situation. That is another rather sizable difference.

Bush speaks the way he speaks because he's a Texan boy. Hard to stray away from the way you grew up. There are smart people in Texas that speak like that.
So.... The reason he had no idea what tribal sovereignty was or even what it referred to was because he is from Texas? That was one of the most humiliating, painfully comical things I have ever seen when he stammered along, trying to act as though he had some clue when it was clear he didn't.

Bush's grammar isn't the only thing that made him look like an idiot.

On top of it all, Bush was born in New Haven, Connecticut, not Texas. He has spent as much or more of his life in the northeast as he has in the southwest. That excuse doesn't fly with me.

George Sr. doesn't come off like a total moron when he speaks and he lives in Texas.

boozehound
02-28-2010, 07:00 PM
that is complete and utter bullshit. Go listen to him talk in the 80s and then listen to him during his run for TX governor. Its entirely an affected accent. Hes a silver spoon yankee WASP way more than he is a texan of any sort.

East River Livn'
02-28-2010, 07:18 PM

Obama is truly in a class of his own when it comes to speech errors. He is on pace to trip over himself so badly, he will make Bush look like a genius. :oldlol: This guy is supposed to be smart, but he regularly makes himself look like a blithering idiot.

He is unable to pronounce the word "corpsman" correctly, he pronounces it was "corpseman" and has difficulty reading the word "Christian".

In addition here are some examples of his errors below:

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." --in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified (Watch video clip)

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis."
Barack Obama
Speaking via satellite to Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008.

"Let me introduce to you the next President -- the next Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden."
Barack Obama
Slipping up while introducing Joe Biden at their first joint campaign rally, Springfield, Illinois, Aug. 23, 2008.

"Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon."
Barack Obama
Referring to committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008.

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change."
Barack Obama
Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008.

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."
Barack Obama

"I've now been in 57 states."
Barack Obama
At US presidential campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon.

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed."
Barack Obama
On Kansas tornado that killed 12 people, 2007 speech blunder.

RedBlackAttack
02-28-2010, 07:28 PM
^^^So... Four examples of Obama misspeaking since he has been in office? Not bad, especially after reading them and it becoming clear that they were just misstatements, not due to being a blathering moron.

Can you really defend this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W28CQQsH9S8

When you are giving multiple speeches nearly everyday, there are going to be speaking errors. We all understand that. What is inexcusable is a guy who is the leader of the free world not understanding an important issue.

simcjt
02-28-2010, 09:14 PM
"Deaf? I'm not surprised with that bloody racket!"
-To a class of deaf children sat next to a brass band.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This man is a genius

Hawker
02-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Not only that, but Bush was elected (twice), while this guy simply married into the situation. That is another rather sizable difference.

So.... The reason he had no idea what tribal sovereignty was or even what it referred to was because he is from Texas? That was one of the most humiliating, painfully comical things I have ever seen when he stammered along, trying to act as though he had some clue when it was clear he didn't.

Bush's grammar isn't the only thing that made him look like an idiot.

On top of it all, Bush was born in New Haven, Connecticut, not Texas. He has spent as much or more of his life in the northeast as he has in the southwest. That excuse doesn't fly with me.

George Sr. doesn't come off like a total moron when he speaks and he lives in Texas.

He was raised in Midland and Houston Texas. You speak where you're raised from. I was born in Scotland...doesn't mean I speak with a scottish accent.

I'm talking strictly about grammar and the way he speaks...not about what he does and doesn't know.

Hawker
02-28-2010, 09:27 PM
that is complete and utter bullshit. Go listen to him talk in the 80s and then listen to him during his run for TX governor. Its entirely an affected accent. Hes a silver spoon yankee WASP way more than he is a texan of any sort.

Then he fakes it very well. I'm not defending what he knows or doesn't know. I'm talking about his grammar and the way he speaks.

Hawker
02-28-2010, 09:28 PM
^^^So... Four examples of Obama misspeaking since he has been in office? Not bad, especially after reading them and it becoming clear that they were just misstatements, not due to being a blathering moron.

Can you really defend this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W28CQQsH9S8

When you are giving multiple speeches nearly everyday, there are going to be speaking errors. We all understand that. What is inexcusable is a guy who is the leader of the free world not understanding an important issue.

That's not what any of us are talking about lol We're talking about grammar.

And did east river livin' defend Bush anywhere? Don't be so quick to judge just because someone posted something negative about your messiah.

I'm not one to judge people by the way they speak. Actions speak louder than words.

RedBlackAttack
02-28-2010, 10:10 PM
That's not what any of us are talking about lol We're talking about grammar.
Who is talking about grammar? The title of this thread indicates that it is simply about saying 'stupid sh!t.' That doesn't imply grammar and the quotes in the OP certainly weren't limited to grammatical errors.

And did east river livin' defend Bush anywhere?
Erm... He said that Obama is 'in a class by himself when talking about speech errors.' I disagreed, pointing out one of the most awkward exchanges in the history of that particular position.

And, I don't agree that he is a bad speaker... At all.

Don't be so quick to judge just because someone posted something negative about your messiah.
:oldlol:

If you only knew. I don't agree with A LOT of approaches that the current president has taken. So much so, in fact, that some of my more liberal friends have stopped talking politics with me because I am not an Obama sheep.

I'm not one to judge people by the way they speak. Actions speak louder than words.
Sorry, but there are a lot of lifelong Texans (which Bush isn't) that don't come across like dolts every time they open their mouths. I'm not talking about his little one-liners and fake cowboy act... I'm talking about being a stupid person (which I truly believe Bush is).

magic chiongson
02-28-2010, 11:14 PM
prince charles looks older than his mother

RaininTwos
02-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Sorry, but there are a lot of lifelong Texans (which Bush isn't) that don't come across like dolts every time they open their mouths.

Are these Texans hidden in some underground testing facility in the desert?

RedBlackAttack
03-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Are these Texans hidden in some underground testing facility in the desert?
In Dooms' bomb shelter? Probably.

boozehound
03-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Then he fakes it very well. I'm not defending what he knows or doesn't know. I'm talking about his grammar and the way he speaks.
This is what I was talking about. Its comparing how he spoke in 1994 when he ran for governor and how he talked when he was running for president. He definitely has an affected accent (which does build on his existing slight accent). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvVilAlCBYc

Maniak
03-01-2010, 07:26 PM

boozehound
03-01-2010, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Maniak]

Maniak
03-01-2010, 07:29 PM
I'd like to meet him. Seems just like my sort of guy.

lefthook00
03-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Now we know where Family Guy's Peter Griffin's jokes come from. :oldlol: