PDA

View Full Version : If everyone was at their primes, Celtics would be by far the best team

KG5MVP
03-05-2010, 12:05 AM
If everyone in the league were reversed back to their primes, Celtics would be hella stacked

Ray Allen
Michael Finley
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Rasheed Wallace

What is this? the 2001-2005 allstar team?

inclinerator
03-05-2010, 12:07 AM
prime lebron
prime shaq
prime jamison

LA_Showtime
03-05-2010, 12:07 AM
prime shaq, prime lebron, prime jamison... :oldlol: game over

Swaggin916
03-05-2010, 12:08 AM
prime lebron
prime shaq
prime jamison

Shouldn't have done that... now he is going to feel like an idiot :lol

Would be a good game though. Prime Shaq and Prime Lebron... Good god I would love to see that.

fubu05
03-05-2010, 12:09 AM
prime lebron
prime shaq
prime jamison

Thats the biggest one. prime shaq > prime celtics.

KG5MVP
03-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Celtics would be able to guard Lebron and Shaq with no problem, prime KG + prime Wallace = unscorable paint.

Rekindled
03-05-2010, 12:10 AM
last year's suns :

prime shaq
prime amare
prime g hill
prime j rich
prime nash

KG5MVP
03-05-2010, 12:11 AM
last year's suns :

prime shaq
prime amare
prime g hill
prime j rich
prime nash

yea they were, but not this year

Bodhi
03-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Celtics would be able to guard Lebron and Shaq with no problem, prime KG + prime Wallace = unscorable paint.

Mutombo couldn't guard Shaq and you think think two power forwards could? Obvious troll.

LA_Showtime
03-05-2010, 12:14 AM

if we're talking about a prime rasheed wallace he would be on the bench in a suit because he would be leading the league in technicals and thus he would be suspended.

6thManOfTheYear
03-05-2010, 12:14 AM

:roll:

KG5MVP
03-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Forget about Shaq, who on Cavs would be able to guard a prime Ray Allen or Michael Finley? would Jamison be able to guard a prime kg?

DoubleTech
03-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Forget about Shaq, who on Cavs would be able to guard a prime Ray Allen or Michael Finley? would Jamison be able to guard a prime kg?

Prime LeBron will be better than prime ANYONE on the current Celtics..

and prime Shaq was absolutely unstoppable.

If you ever saw Shaq in his prime, this thread would never have been made.

What do you guys think? 16 - Over/Under KG5MVP's age? I'll take the over, but not by much.

Knicks101
03-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Spurs all in their Prime would be great as well. Especially if they still had Finley.

FCN
Forget about Shaq, who on Cavs would be able to guard a prime Ray Allen or Michael Finley?

Lebron, Parker, Moon, West

would Jamison be able to guard a prime kg?

Maybe not, but a prime Shaq could (as could Lebron, AV, Powe, or Z)

KG5MVP
If prime Shaq was truly unstoppable then he wouldn't have only gotten 4 rings, he wouldn't have lost in 2003 to spurs and 2004 to pistons, and he wouldn't have lost all those playoffs before 2000. Stop overrating him.

Kingwillball
03-05-2010, 12:28 AM

Ban This Fool Please..

Kingwillball
03-05-2010, 12:29 AM
If prime Shaq was truly unstoppable then he wouldn't have only gotten 4 rings, he wouldn't have lost in 2003 to spurs and 2004 to pistons, and he wouldn't have lost all those playoffs before 2000. Stop overrating him.

He is pretty unstoppable when U also add the best player in the world...basically Shaq and Lebron in there Primes better and More Dominant than Allen,Pierce and KG in there's.

Kblaze8855
03-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Young Kidd and Marion on the mavs?

Spurs with 03 Duncan and young Mcdyess and ratliff would give up nothing in the paint.

"Jesus"
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Wuxia

you are retarded, haha. we are talking about Prime Shaq+ Lebron here. Come on now.

KG5MVP
03-05-2010, 12:31 AM
If prime Shaq was unstoppable how did he get stopped by old David Robinson in 2003 and Ben Wallace in 2004?

Cangri
03-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Well at least we can agree that the Celtics and the Cavs would be the top teams in the league. :D

scott0326
03-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Celtics wouldn't be "by far", Id take Cavs over them any day. Lebron and Shaq both in prime would be absolutely crazy.

Rekindled
03-05-2010, 12:40 AM
If prime Shaq was unstoppable how did he get stopped by old David Robinson in 2003 and Ben Wallace in 2004?

he did?

shaq shot like 60% in that finals series, it was kobe chucking up majority of the shots @ 30% that costed them the champinship

inclinerator
03-05-2010, 12:43 AM
prime lakers would be pretty nice too

prime bynum- interesting to see how he develop
prime kobe-
right now gasol
lock down defense ron artest
prime derek clutch fisher

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-05-2010, 12:45 AM
he did?

shaq shot like 60% in that finals series, it was kobe chucking up majority of the shots @ 30% that costed them the champinship

Kobe was very often shooting at the expiration of the shot clock. They were force-feeding Shaq, as always, and it kept coming back to Kobe late on the clock...every damn time. This was a function of outstanding Detroit team defense, and other Lakers (non-Kobe, non-Shaq) not doing a damn thing.
And, yes, Big Ben did a GREAT job on Shaq.

6thManOfTheYear
03-05-2010, 12:48 AM

go look at the game log of that spurs series.

shaq stats with losses vs. spurs

game 1: 21 points, 21 rebounds, 4 blocks
game 2: 27 points, 10 rebounds
game 5: 20 points, 12 rebounds, 3 blocks
game 6: 31 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks

shaq was very consistent but kobe that series had terrible shooting nights with bowen on him and the rest of the team had bad nights as well with devan george going 0-7 in one loss

you could have an argument with ben wallace but no one on that prime celtcs roster is as good as big ben defensively in his prime :oldlol:

MK2V1GP
03-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Lebron, Parker, Moon, West

Maybe not, but a prime Shaq could (as could Lebron, AV, Powe, or Z)

I wasn't going to participate in this pathetic thread, but then this kid posted this. I mean, seriously? You think Parker, Moon or West could guard a PRIME Ray Allen/Michael Finley/Paul Pierce? You're crazy.

Then to say a prime Shaq could guard a prime KG? You're still crazy. And I'll pretend like you didn't say LeBron, Powe or Z could guard a prime KG. KG would just take Shaq and Z out on the perimeter and drive by them or shoot jumpers. And KG would just take LeBron and Powe down on the block and do his patented baseline turnaround fader all day long.

:banghead: to this post

KG5MVP
03-05-2010, 01:11 AM
I wasn't going to participate in this pathetic thread, but then this kid posted this. I mean, seriously? You think Parker, Moon or West could guard a PRIME Ray Allen/Michael Finley/Paul Pierce? You're crazy.

Then to say a prime Shaq could guard a prime KG? You're still crazy. And I'll pretend like you didn't say LeBron, Powe or Z could guard a prime KG. KG would just take Shaq and Z out on the perimeter and drive by them or shoot jumpers. And KG would just take LeBron and Powe down on the block and do his patented baseline turnaround fader all day long.

right on

MK2V1GP
03-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Since I already posted, I'll add my opinions. I think it would be between Boston and Cleveland. No doubt. And it would be closer than Celtics fans are saying, and it'd be much closer than Cavs fans are saying.

BUT, I don't see why all this "NO ONE CAN STOP PRIME LEBRON OR PRIME SHAQ" when so many teams have. Boston does perhaps the best job defensively on LeBron today, but could you imagine how much better a job they could do if all their players were in their prime?

And Perkins is one of the best man to man post defenders in the NBA, and if he had a prime KG to help with the weakside and double team....Boston could do a decent job on Shaq. I'm not goin to go as far as KG5MVP and say they'd shut him down, b/c Shaq in his prime was one of the most unstoppable forces ever. But he wouldn't beat us single handedly.

Rondo>>>>>Williams
Ray>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker/West
Pierce<LeBron
KG>>>Jamison
Perk<<<<Shaq

Boston's bench in it prime>>>>Clevelands bench in its prime.
Finley>>>>>>>>>>Parker/West
Rasheed>>>>Varejao/Big Z
Big Baby<<<<<<Powe
Nate>>>>>Gibson
Daniels>>>Moon

SAKOTXA
03-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Lol are you guys ****ing kidding me? Prime Ray, Pierce, KG, Finley, Sheed would DOMINATE the Cavs...People seem to forget how good prime Ray Allen, Finley, and Garnett were...

MK2V1GP
03-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Lol are you guys ****ing kidding me? Prime Ray, Pierce, KG, Finley, Sheed would DOMINATE the Cavs...People seem to forget how good prime Ray Allen, Finley, and Garnett were...

Yes, people are forgetting how GREAT Ray, Finley and KG were in their primes. Finley was a 24 ppg scorer a few years, even higher a couple times. As was Ray. Ray was once a top 3 SG. And KG was the most complete player in the league. Do I need to remind everyone of KG's stats over a 8-9 year stretch? 20+ ppg, 10+ rpg, 5+ apg, ~2 bpg, ~2 spg

ConanRulesNBC
03-05-2010, 01:20 AM
When did the Celtics get Michael Finley?

ConanRulesNBC
03-05-2010, 01:22 AM
How about... in their primes...

C: Antonio McDyess
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Richard Jefferson
SG: Manu Ginobili
PG: Tony Parker

KG5MVP
03-05-2010, 01:22 AM

today

PistonsFan#21
03-05-2010, 01:23 AM

Like a day ago

MK2V1GP
03-05-2010, 01:25 AM
How about... in their primes...

C: Antonio McDyess
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Richard Jefferson
SG: Manu Ginobili
PG: Tony Parker

I don't think McDyess was ever a Center. Duncan's played center more than tonio.

PG: Rondo=Parker
SG: Ray>>Ginobili
SF: Pierce>>>>Jefferson
PF: KG>>>>McDyess
C: Perkins<<<Duncan

That's how I see it.

I think the top teams, if every player was in their prime, would be: 1. Boston, 2. Cleveland, 3. LAL, 4. SA

KG5MVP
03-05-2010, 01:26 AM
I don't think McDyess was ever a Center. Duncan's played center more than tonio.

PG: Rondo=Parker
SG: Ray>>Ginobili
SF: Pierce>>>>Jefferson
PF: KG>>>>McDyess
C: Perkins<<<Duncan

That's how I see it.

I think the top teams, if every player was in their prime, would be: 1. Boston, 2. Cleveland, 3. LAL, 4. SA

SAS would be better than lakers

Freshprince619
03-05-2010, 01:33 AM
Ridiculous post whining and crying about delusional scenarios. I guess arguing something relevant like who has the best chance of winning it became to realistic and boring.

oh the horror
03-05-2010, 01:34 AM

No doubt about it. There would be far, far too much talent to deal with. Shaq, and Lebron would have to try to overpower a prime Piece, Garnett, Allen, Finley, Wallace....

PLUS, Rajon Rondo, Perk, etc etc? Are people kidding?

HansMoleman
03-05-2010, 01:37 AM
lol shaq qould throw skinny ass kg around like a rag doll while sitting on perkins asking for his lunch money

ConanRulesNBC
03-05-2010, 01:44 AM
Mavericks with prime Dirk, Kidd, Marion and Butler would be pretty scary as well.

SAKOTXA
03-05-2010, 01:49 AM
You guys do know that Michael Finley was a 22 PPG, 6 RPG, 5 APG guy on 46% shooting and 40% from deep right? Not to mention his crazy athleticism... And Prime Ray Ray was scarier... And KG...

artificial
03-05-2010, 01:51 AM
The top crop of the NBA would be Celtics - Cavs - Spurs. I'm not getting into which especifically would be better, as it is clearly debatable (the OP simply didn't saw a prime Shaq, and prime KG / Sheed / Pierce / Allen / Finley is as well rounded as they come).

Orlando (prime VC + prime Shard + Dwight ), Dallas (Kidd + Marion + Butler + Tim Thomas + Erika Dampier all in their prime + Dirk & Terry) would look really good as well, although a step below the 3 teams above.

ConanRulesNBC
03-05-2010, 01:54 AM
But I still say the greatest team ever put together but weren't all in their primes was...

Shaq
Malone
Fox
Kobe
Payton

But what about prime 1996-1997 Houston Rockets?

Hakeem
Kevin Willis
Charles Barkley
Clyde Drexler

EricForman
03-05-2010, 01:57 AM
But I still say the greatest team ever put together but weren't all in their primes was...

Shaq
Malone
Fox
Kobe
Payton

Hakeem
Kevin Willis
Charles Barkley
Clyde Drexler

2000 blazers

damon
steve smith
pip
sheed
sabonis
detlef schempf
bonzi wells
jermaine oneal

shaoyut
03-05-2010, 02:08 AM
Shaq >>> Garnett

G.O.A.T
03-05-2010, 02:14 AM
2000 blazers

damon
steve smith
pip
sheed
sabonis
detlef schempf
bonzi wells
jermaine oneal

A very good one

a few more:

1986 Celtics

Larry Bird (Top 10)
Kevin McHale (top 40)
Bill Walton (top 50)
Robert Parrish (top 75)
Dennis Johnson (top 75)
Scott Wedman (NBA All-star)
Danny Ainge
Jerry Sichting
Sam Vincent
Sly Williams

1973 Knicks

Walt Frazier (Top 40)
Willis Reed (Top 40)
Dave DeBusschere (top 75)
Jerry Lucas (top 75)
Earl Monroe (top 75)
Bill Bradley (NBA All-Star)
Dick Barnett (NBA All-Star)
Phil Jackson
Henry Bibby
Dean Meminger

Bigsmoke
03-05-2010, 03:54 AM
damn people are forgetting the Sixers lol

kentatm
03-05-2010, 04:20 AM
The top crop of the NBA would be Celtics - Cavs - Spurs. I'm not getting into which especifically would be better, as it is clearly debatable (the OP simply didn't saw a prime Shaq, and prime KG / Sheed / Pierce / Allen / Finley is as well rounded as they come).

Orlando (prime VC + prime Shard + Dwight ), Dallas (Kidd + Marion + Butler + Tim Thomas + Erika Dampier all in their prime + Dirk & Terry) would look really good as well, although a step below the 3 teams above.

Prime Mavs > Prime Spurs

You forgot Terry and Heywood as well.

EricForman
03-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Prime Mavs > Prime Spurs

You forgot Terry and Heywood as well.

i know you a mavs guy but no. first of all, prime duncan is pantheon (we talking about magic/bird/shaq/hakeem level here), as great as dirk is, he is not on that level.

then you got prime butler, marion, kidd, jason terry vs prime manu, parker, rich jeff, mcdyess, theo ratliff.

kidd is the best of that bunch. yes but the frontline of duncan/mcdyess/ratliff is tough, strong, and long. they'd be too tough for dirk and marion.

as mentioned, kidd is the best of everyone else (meaning everyone but duncan and dirk) but prime manu (2005) was good enough to be the arguably the 1B during spurs 05 title run and led the argentian team to the gold medal (over the US team). i dont think the gap between kidd/terry/butler is that big over parker/manu/rich jeff. not as big as duncan/dice over dirk/marion anyway

spurs are still better. just cause duncan is a pantheon guy. it's like a team led by jordan vs a team led by drexler. the team with the alpha dog wins. yes, dirk is the drexler to duncan's jordan.

ViNsAnItY1990
03-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Im not saying the Magic could beat prime Shaq and Lebron but Prime Vince CArter with a Prime Dwight Howard dunkfest? Then you have Prim Rashard Lewis to shoot the 3 ball and have Jameer Nelson at his top game on injuries thats a nasty team. :D

Iceburn
03-05-2010, 09:18 AM
If they were in their freaking primes they wouldn't be in the same teams, cause both the Cavs and Celtics would be over the luxury tax. Plus, we will never know how would they fit together.
Anyway, if only everyone was in their prime, we would've been watching heck of a basketball lol.
P.S. I'd take prime Shaq over prime 'Sheed and prime KG together.

Bandito
03-05-2010, 10:41 AM
I still take the Nets over any of those teams.

Derka
03-05-2010, 11:08 AM
And if a pig had wings, it could fly...

theguru
03-05-2010, 11:12 AM

Shaq
Malone
Fox
Kobe
Payton

:eek:

Story Up
03-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Thats the biggest one. prime shaq > prime celtics.

I'd take prime Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Rasheed Wallace and Michael Finley any day over prime Shaquille & James (and Jamison)

Sure Cleveland have the two best players but the Celtics got literally 5 all-stars, including 2 hall of famers (possibly 3 with Allen).

RichSmoove
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
http://www.treygarrison.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/captobvious-738633-747223.jpg

BlackWhiteGreen
03-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I know this is purely theoretical, but what if we'd kept Starbury. And Rondo's prime is yet to come, no one knows how good he will be (especially if he can start to hit jumpers/free throws). I have to admit though that there could have been better teams, I'm not that great on pre-2000 ball.

Andrei89
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
prime lebron
prime shaq
prime jamison

This thread should have been over right after this guy wrote this.

KG and Allen were good but prime shaq = the shaqatus

Destroyer of the NBA teams. Most dominant man ever. Who cares if he didn't win in 2004, he won again in 2006.

Lebron+Shaq+Jamison in their prime > Celtics

oh and when KG was in his prime Ron Artest won the DPOY
/thread

phoenix18
03-05-2010, 11:37 AM

What do you guys think? 16 - Over/Under KG5MVP's age? I'll take the over, but not by much.

WTF?

No way.

Prime Pierce,Prime KG>>LBJ.

Young Simba
03-05-2010, 12:00 PM
This thread should have been over right after this guy wrote this.

KG and Allen were good but prime shaq = the shaqatus

Destroyer of the NBA teams. Most dominant man ever. Who cares if he didn't win in 2004, he won again in 2006.

Lebron+Shaq+Jamison in their prime > Celtics

oh and when KG was in his prime Ron Artest won the DPOY
/thread

Exactly.lol

Prim shaq does not = the shaqatus

Prime shaq = the shitonator.! Guy just was shitting on everyone and anyone!
Shitting on Double teams, or tripple teams, **** it.

Prime twuan, and current LBJ, forget about it. Game over.

Story Up
03-05-2010, 12:04 PM
WTF?

No way.

Prime Pierce,Prime KG>>LBJ.

He probably meant individually; and yes prime LeBron > prime Garnett,

phoenix18
03-05-2010, 12:06 PM
He probably meant individually; and yes prime LeBron > prime Garnett,
No way. I'm not believing that for a second.

Apocalyptic0n3
03-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Don't know about this. Cavs could take them on easily, I think.

Suns would give them a hell of a run too. Nash-J-Rich-Hill-Stoudemire. If they had a more dominant center, I would take them over Boston (without a point guard. Allen's offense would take too much of a hit if he had to play the point)

Mavs? Kidd, Dirk, Marion, Butler from a few years ago, and Dampier from the last year he was on Golden State? Yeah, that'd be a hell of a team.

What about the freaking Magic? Howard still hasn't hit his prime. Vince Carter in his prime was second only to Kobe at his position, maybe Tmac too. Jason Williams was one of the best passing point guards in the league. Lewis when he was on the Sonics? Yeah, Magic could take on the Celtics. Not sure if they could win, but I don't think the Celtics would have an easy time with beating them.

Lakers? They're the best and most complete team in the league now (barring Illgauskas resigning and Shaq coming back 100% and perhaps the Mavs once Terry is back) and 5 of their 6 best players are past their primes. Odom, Fisher (LONG past his prime), Kobe (05-07 where he was the most dominant guard in history besides MJ), Gasol (arguable if he is past it or not), and Artest. Could you imagine Artest circa 04/05-ish on today's Lakers, much less with Kobe from a few years ago, a young Fisher, Clipper/Heat Odom, and Gasol, plus Bynum in a few years with Brown in a year or two as Kobe's backup? You would have one of the greatest scorers in history playing alongside arguable the best on-ball defender in recent memory.

Heat would be able to take on the KG/Sheed combo no problem with Jermaine O'Neal and Jamal Magloire. People forget how good Magloire was for that single season with the Hornets. He only had that one season, of course, but he was still damn good. Not to mention Wade with Alston running the point. Not nearly as good as the Celtics, but they would be able to beat them on occasion.

And, of course, the Spurs. Not the current team, no. But pre-deadline team. Duncan and McDyess running the front court (especially if we get super hypothetical and say McDyess never got injured). Ratliff as their backup, one of the best shot blockers post-lockout. Jefferson playing the 3 with Ginobili and Parker in the backcourt. Not to mention Finley coming off the bench (though they would probably start him and bring Manu off the bench like always).

Even the Bucks could give them a go. Bogut-Thomas-Stackhouse-Redd-Jennings (Jennings being the only downside of that lineup).

Of the teams I named, Lakers, pre-deadline Spurs, and Cavs (If they get Ilgauskas back) would all DEFINITELY be better than the Celtics. Magic would be about the same, likely a bit worse. Celtics big men would do little against the Heat, but the 1-3 would tear Miami to shreds.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Boston would have the best bench imo, assuming Finley comes off the bench with Perkins, Robinson, Baby and Quis.

lpublic_enemyl
03-05-2010, 12:58 PM
lol dunnn :cheers:

FCN
03-05-2010, 01:04 PM

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. Prime Parker or Moon would be able to guard Allen or Finley, as would Lebron and Delonte. Stop them, perhaps not, but slow them down a bit at least.

As for KG, we have anywhere from 4-5 guys who could effectively defend him.

Again, I respect your opinions on this, but I stand by mine. Celtics would, quite simply, stand no chance...not even with KG's 'intensity' taken into account.

Incidentally, calling someone who you disagree with "kid", and resorting to personal insults does not improve your argument's validity.

OneMoreSucka
03-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Orlando.

lilgodfather1
03-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Prime LeBron :eek: and prime shaq:wtf: and you think that prime Celts could even come close to that? LMFAO.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Prime LeBron :eek: and prime shaq:wtf: and you think that prime Celts could even come close to that? LMFAO.

KG top 5 all time (PF)
Pierce top 15-20 all time (SF)
Ray Allen best shooter of all time, or top 3 at least
Rasheed was a top 5 pick, not a bust, big player for Portland & Detroit

thats what i've gathered from what people say, about all time rankings. Obviously Finley and Rondo have been all stars too. You can't say they wouldn't have a chance :roll:

LA_Showtime
03-05-2010, 02:03 PM
KG top 5 all time (PF)
Pierce top 15-20 all time (SF)
Ray Allen best shooter of all time, or top 3 at least
Rasheed was a top 5 pick, not a bust, big player for Portland & Detroit

thats what i've gathered from what people say, about all time rankings. Obviously Finley and Rondo have been all stars too. You can't say they wouldn't have a chance :roll:

I guess the Celtics could just outscore the Cavaliers.

Shaq would have a hell of a time guarding Wallace or Garnett, and Jamison would get abused by either in the post.

Kingwillball
03-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Young Shaq Owns all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpVn45M0fXA

JohnnySic
03-05-2010, 02:31 PM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. Prime Parker or Moon would be able to guard Allen or Finley

That's where I stopped reading. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Anyone who thinks that prime LeBron/Shaq/Jamison/junk would beat prime KG/PP/Sheed/Ray Allen/Finley, not to mention Rondo, Perkins, etc, is either an astronomical idiot or an overimpressionable 15 year old. The Cavs would get swept and it would be an ugly sweep at that.

Harison
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Two amazing players or amazingly build elite team? Prime KG was more or less as good as prime Shaq and Lebron, but no question Cavs would be more "top-heavy", still I dont see how they could beat team with suffocating defense and unstoppable offense. Look what happened when prime Shaq + Kobe met Pistons, got whipped 1-4, and prime Celtics would have better defense than Pistons, and much better offense. Even if games would be close, who do you think are more clutch, Lebron or Ray with Pierce?... Lets not talk about Shaq there :oldlol:

Honestly I dont see how Shaq + Lebron could win, although anything is possible. Shaq + Kobe complement each other better and yet lost to considerably worse team than prime Celtics.

Se
03-05-2010, 02:42 PM
prime lebron
prime shaq
prime jamison

With prime Ilgauskas and Parker (a much better player just a few years ago)

RaininThrees
03-05-2010, 03:33 PM
"Ifs" and "buts"

Wonder Bread Kid
03-05-2010, 03:37 PM

Dude, no one in your "in their prime" line up won a title in their. WTF.

And Shaq was not in his prime in 2003 or 2004. He was on the down slide.

P.S.

I'd take the Celtics over the Cavs in their prime.

That's too much offensive and defensive power for a two man team in Cleveland even with Jamison.

gotbacon23
03-05-2010, 03:58 PM
playoff teams if everyone was in their prime.

east:
1. boston celtics:
'03-04 garnett
'05-06 pierce
'05-06 allen
'07-08 finley
'02-03 wallace
'09-10 rondo
'09-10 perkins

2. cleveland cavs
'99-00 o'neal
'08-09 james
'08-09 mo williams
'03-04 jamison
'09-10 varejo
'05-06 illgauskas

3. orlando magic
'08-09 howard
00-'01 carter
'06-07 lewis '
01-02 j. williams
'08-09 nelson (pre-injury)

4. miami heat
'08-09 wade
'03-04 j. o'neal
'03-0 q-rich
'07-08 haslem
'03-04 magloire
'08-09 beasley
'04-05 alston

5. atlanta hawks
'06-07 johnson
'03-04 bibby
'09-10 crawford
'09-10 hortford
'09-10 josh smith
'96-97 joe smith

6. milwaukee bucks
'09-10 bogut
'06-07 redd
'00-01 stackhouse
'09-10 jennings
'09-10 ridinour
'02-03 kurt thomas
'08-09 salmons
'04-05 brezec

7.sixers
'00-01 iverson
'05-06 brand
'08-09 igudala
'08-09 speights
'09-10 lou williams
'06-07 kapano
'07-08 dalmbert

8. knicks
'02-03 mcgrady
'06-07 curry
'09-10 lee
'08-09 duhon
'09-10 harrington
'09-10 gallinari
'05-06 house
'09-10 chandler

c's and cavs probably fight for the 1 seed, you could probably flip a coin. the last spot was down to the knicks, bobcats, or pistons. i picked the knicks because prime mcgrady gives them the edge.

west:
1. dallas
'06-07 nowitzki
'02-03 kidd
'08-09 terry
'07-08 butler
'05-06 marion
'07-08 haywood
'07-08 stevenson
'03-04 dampier

2. lakers
'02-03 bryant
'07-08 bynum (pre-injury)
'05-06 gasol
'03-04 artest
'07-08 odom
'05-06 fisher
'77 luke walton (cause lets be honest, he was in his prime when he was his daddy's sperm)

3. spurs
'02-03 duncan
'08-09 parker
'06-07 ginobli
'09-10 hill
'00-01 mcdyess
'07-08 mason
'09-10 blair
'05-06 jefferson

4. suns
'06-07 nash
'04-05 stoudemire
'96-97 hill
'05-06 richardson
'06-07 barbosa
'09-10 frye
'09-10 r. lopez

5. nuggets
'07-08 billups
'09-10 anthony
'03-04 kenyon martin
'08-09 birdman
'07-08 jr smith
'09-10 affalo
'09-10 lawson
'09-10 nene

6. utah
'06-07 boozer
'09-10 deron williams
'08-09 millsap
'05-06 okur
'04-05 kirelinko
'06-07 korver

7. portland
'08-09 roy
'08-09 aldridge
'01-02 andre miller
'95-96 juwan howard
'00-01 camby
'09-10 oden (pre-injury)

8. new orleans
'07-08 paul
'03-04 peja
'06-07 okafor
'03-04 posey
'05-06 peterson
'09-10 collison
'09-10 thorton
'07-08 west

the west, you could argue any of the top 3 being number 1s. i put the mavs because they really have 2 players who could have been MVP at their peaks. there is a gigantic drop off between the top 3 and the rest in the west. i didn't consider the rockets as having yao ming because he hasn't played 1 minute this year... if i did, they may have been the 8 seed.

Rafael Delaget
03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
If the Celtics brought back Starbury they'd be even more ridiculous.

DoubleTech
03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
That's where I stopped reading. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Anyone who thinks that prime LeBron/Shaq/Jamison/junk would beat prime KG/PP/Sheed/Ray Allen/Finley, not to mention Rondo, Perkins, etc, is either an astronomical idiot or an overimpressionable 15 year old. The Cavs would get swept and it would be an ugly sweep at that.

Every comment you make on this board is a homer comment about your Celtics... shut up.

The current Celtics team has ZERO of the top 10 players of all time.

When all is said and done, the current Cavs' lineup will have 2.

What if we put prime Kareem and Bird together... or prime Wilt and Jordan... same thing as prime LeBron and Shaq... unstoppable.

If the Celtics didn't win the title a few years ago that group of yours would be a footnote in NBA history. KG might be considered in the top 30 players of all time, but the rest would be forgotten. Without a title, Pierce wouldn't even be on Alex English's level.

Shaq and LeBron are two players who your kids' kids will be talking about one day... just like Jordan, like Bird, like Magic, like Wilt.

I'm not a fan of Shaq at all but you can't deny what he did in his prime.

99/00 Shaq = 79 games played, 40 mpg, 29.7 ppg, 13.6 rpg, 3.8 apg, 3 bpg, on 57% shooting.

Put him beside LeBron, who is still a year or two away from his prime and just as physically imposing at his position, and the team is unstoppable. You only need an average cast of players who can play above average D and hit 3's to round out that team.

SoCalMike
03-05-2010, 04:34 PM
2. lakers
'02-03 bryant
'07-08 bynum (pre-injury)
'05-06 gasol
'03-04 artest
'07-08 odom
'05-06 fisher
'77 luke walton (cause lets be honest, he was in his prime when he was his daddy's sperm)

:roll:

:pimp:

Killbot
03-05-2010, 04:40 PM
playoff teams if everyone was in their prime.

Great post. :applause:

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
fyi, prime sheed would be out for the play-offs with an injury.

fubu05
03-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Lakers
Prime Kobe
Prime Shaq
Prime Malone
Prime Payton
Prime Phil Jackson lol
Prime Fisher
And the bench they had...
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

This. 2004 Lakers were the most tank ever. Could've won but Payton and Malone were old. And the Pistons played one of the best team defense ever.

Myth
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the last few pages, but prime KG couldn't stop starting to decline Shaq in 2004. So now adding Wallace would make them be able to stop Shaq when they would also have LeBron to worry about? Not happening. Every Celtic could be somewhat covered in single coverage. Guarding Shaq required at least double teams while LeBron requires single coverage with everybody in the post ready for help defense. You can't really double Shaq AND watch out for LeBron.

indiefan24
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Myth
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Lakers
Prime Kobe
Prime Shaq
Prime Malone
Prime Payton
Prime Phil Jackson lol
Prime Fisher
And the bench they had...
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Horace Grant
Bryon Russell
:rockon:

Also the 2000 and 2001 prime Blazers would be impressive (though not on 2004 Lakers level):
2000:
D. Stoudamire
Steve Smith
Scottie Pippen
Rasheed Wallace
Arvydas Sabonis
Jermaine O'Neal
Detlef Shrimpf
Bonzi Wells
Brian Grant
+some other solid role players

2001:
Stoudamire
Smith
Pippen
Wallace
Sabonis
Shawn Kemp
Dale Davis
Rod Strickland
Wells

indiefan24
03-05-2010, 05:45 PM
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
:pimp:

Meticode
03-05-2010, 05:51 PM

Ummm, Shaq in his prime was unguardable to everyone. A 240LBS KG + a 250LBS Wallace is just going to get in a hellauva foul trouble with a prime 330LBS poing Shaq. And I like how you threw Ray Allen into PG like he plays PG or something. Should of just been Rajon Rondo at PG then Michael Finley-or-Ray Allen at SG.

I'd just thought I'd throw out there Dallas...

Jason Kidd
Caron Bulter-or-Jason Terry
Shawn Marion
Dirk Nowitzki
Brendan Haywood-or-Erik Dampier

artificial
03-05-2010, 06:12 PM
fyi, prime sheed would be out for the play-offs with an injury.
Strongly disagree. He would be suspended over T's, not injured.

Nezty
03-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Does chemistry count on this?

Alhazred
03-05-2010, 06:57 PM

Shaq
Malone
Fox
Kobe
Payton

Hakeem
Kevin Willis
Charles Barkley
Clyde Drexler

How about the 1996-97 Bulls?

Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman
Ron Harper
Robert Parish
Toni Kukoc

Papaya Petee
03-05-2010, 07:04 PM
2005-2006 Miami Heat in Prime= Absolutely Nasty

PG- Williams- Payton
SG- Dwyane Wade
SF- Walker- Posey
PF- Haslem-Lattner
C- Shaq - Zo

Myth
03-05-2010, 07:06 PM
How about the 1996-97 Bulls?

Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman
Ron Harper
Robert Parish
Toni Kukoc

Those guys, minus Parish, were all pretty dang close to their prime selves at that time as it was.

Alhazred
03-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Those guys, minus Parish, were all pretty dang close to their prime selves at that time as it was.

All of them minus Kukoc were over 30, though. Imagine if they were all in their late 20s.

Myth
03-05-2010, 07:09 PM
All of them minus Kukoc were over 30, though. Imagine if they were in their late 20s.

If you ignore the age and look at what they did on the court though, there wasn't some extreme gap between them at 1997 and them at their peaks. Obviously they'd be better if you put them in their exact peaks, but they wouldn't be much better than they were at 1997.

JohnnySic
03-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Every comment you make on this board is a homer comment about your Celtics... shut up.The current Celtics team has ZERO of the top 10 players of all time.
You stated that Parker and Moon could defend prime Allen and Finley....this is such a large divorce from reality that you're either ignorant of how good they were or you have an pro-Cavs agenda.

When all is said and done, the current Cavs' lineup will have 2.

What if we put prime Kareem and Bird together... or prime Wilt and Jordan... same thing as prime LeBron and Shaq... unstoppable.
Doesn't matter. 2 all time greats are not beaing 6 all stars. You could pair Jordan and Bird and they would still lose. Bird and Magic. Kareem and Wilt. Doesn't matter. 6 beats 2 (or 3) every time.

If the Celtics didn't win the title a few years ago that group of yours would be a footnote in NBA history.
That's every team that ever won. And, for the record, LeBron hasn't won jack.

KG might be considered in the top 30 players of all time, but the rest would be forgotten. Without a title, Pierce wouldn't even be on Alex English's level.
Shaq and LeBron are two players who your kids' kids will be talking about one day... just like Jordan, like Bird, like Magic, like Wilt.
Eh, probably not. Oscar Robertson and Elgin Baylor were the "LeBrons" of their day, and people dont talk much about them except to underrate them. Players fade. Even Jordan is starting to fade.

Alhazred
03-05-2010, 07:38 PM
If you ignore the age and look at what they did on the court though, there wasn't some extreme gap between them at 1997 and them at their peaks. Obviously they'd be better if you put them in their exact peaks, but they wouldn't be much better than they were at 1997.

For Jordan, Scottie and Dennis, yes. Harper, though? He was averaging 23/6/5 at his peak. You are right, they probably wouldn't be that much greater, but a prime Robert Parish in place of Luc Longley and prime Harper at point guard would have made the team damn near invincible, imo.

Myth
03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
For Jordan, Scottie and Dennis, yes. Harper, though? He was averaging 23/6/5 at his peak. You are right, they probably wouldn't be that much greater, but a prime Robert Parish in place of Luc Longley and prime Harper at point guard would have made the team damn near invincible, imo.

I think much of Harper's reduction in stats had to do with his role on the team rather than diminished ability. In 93-94 he averaged 20/6/4.5 (not too much less than his peak) with the Clippers. The very next year he joined the Bulls and produced 7/2/2 (and this was even without Jordan for much of the season). In 96-97, very comparable numbers to 94-95. So unless he just suddenly got way worse in 1 season after 93-94, his reduction in output was likely due to his role on the team. I think if 97 Harper played on those crummy Clippers teams where he averaged 23/6/5, I think he still would have put up about 18-20/5/5.

Parish? No argument there, as I said before. That is where the 96-97 Bulls would increase the most if each guy was in his prime. And yes, I do agree that would have made the team damn near invincible.

Alhazred
03-05-2010, 07:55 PM
I think much of Harper's reduction in stats had to do with his role on the team rather than diminished ability. In 93-94 he averaged 20/6/4.5 (not too much less than his peak) with the Clippers. The very next year he joined the Bulls and produced 7/2/2 (and this was even without Jordan for much of the season). In 96-97, very comparable numbers to 94-95. So unless he just suddenly got way worse in 1 season after 93-94, his reduction in output was likely due to his role on the team.

Yeah, that's true, I forgot about Harper's numbers actually being decent before he arrived in Chicago. I think the story was that he had trouble adjusting to the triangle offense which is what helped convince him to become a defensive specialist.

Parish? No argument there, as I said before. That is where the 96-97 Bulls would increase the most if each guy was in his prime. And yes, I do agree that would have made the team damn near invincible.

:cheers:

fubu05
03-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned in the last few pages, but prime KG couldn't stop starting to decline Shaq in 2004. So now adding Wallace would make them be able to stop Shaq when they would also have LeBron to worry about? Not happening. Every Celtic could be somewhat covered in single coverage. Guarding Shaq required at least double teams while LeBron requires single coverage with everybody in the post ready for help defense. You can't really double Shaq AND watch out for LeBron.

Funny we're only talking about Lebron, Shaq, wat about JAMISON :eek:I remember him beastin in the 07 playoffs when Cleveland faced Washington.

32/9.8 47.6% FG, 35% 3FG.

This guy has never really been on a contender. He is on one now, its sad teams didn't take this guys talent and put him on a real champ contender. He's got a unique offensive arsenal. I'd like to see him get a ring.

Bandito
03-05-2010, 08:00 PM
2005-2006 Miami Heat in Prime= Absolutely Nasty

PG- Williams- Payton
SG- Dwyane Wade
SF- Walker- Posey
PF- Haslem-Lattner
C- Shaq - Zo
A.Walker sucked dude.

Myth
03-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Another team to think about is the mid-80s Celtics with a prime Bill Walton.

Alhazred
03-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Another team to think about is the mid-80s Celtics with a prime Bill Walton.

That would have been amazing. Also see the 1979-80 Celtics. Dave Cowens, Nate Archibald, Pete Maravich and Larry Bird were all on the roster that year.

pg- Nate Archibald
sg- Pete Maravich
sf- Larry Bird
pf- Cedric Maxwell
c- Dave Cowens

Bandito
03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
What about this team.
1-Marbury
2-Crawford
3-Richardson
4-Z-Bo
5- Eddy Curry

:lol

Myth
03-05-2010, 08:08 PM
What about this team.
1-Marbury
2-Crawford
3-Richardson
4-Z-Bo
5- Eddy Curry

:lol

That team may get over .500 :applause:

ConanRulesNBC
03-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Rasheed Wallace
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Michael Finley
Ray Allen
Rajon Rondo
Nate Robinson

All in their primes? That's f***ing sick. Not only would that team probably average 120 PPG but they'd play some really good defense as well.

FCN
03-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Don't forget those late 80's and 90's Portland teams if they'd had a prime Sabonis

ConanRulesNBC
03-05-2010, 10:09 PM
How about prime Houston Rockets from 1994/1995

Hakeem Olajuwon
Otis Thorpe
Robert Horry
Clyde Drexler
Sam Cassell

OldSchoolBBall
03-05-2010, 10:13 PM
If everyone was at their primes, Celtics would be by far the best team

Obvious cat is obvious. Actually, I'd take prime Cleveland (with Z) over them. Lebron/prime Shaq/prime Z/prime Jamison/Williams etc.

Myth
03-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Other teams worthy of mention (certainly not the best, but intriguing to think about):

2003 Spurs

Duncan
D. Robinson
Manu
Parker
Steve Smith
Stephen Jackson
Kevin Willis
Bruce Bowen
Steve Kerr

(2002 Spurs looks very similar, but substitutes prime Terry Porter for Prime Manu)

2005 Rockets

Yao
McGrady
Mutombo
Juwan Howard
Rod Strickland
Jim Jackson
Vin Baker
and other decent guys

1999 Rockets

Olajuwon
Barkley
Pippen
....... well, thats all the major guys, but that is pretty scary as is.
Same goes for the years they had Drexler and Barkley.

2002 Magic

Ewing
McGrady
G. Hill
Horace Grant
Mike Miller
Darrell Armstrong

2001 Sonics

Ewing
Payton
R. Lewis
V. Baker
B. Barry
R. Patterson

ds123
03-06-2010, 12:15 AM
What about the Pippen Rockets?

Myth
03-06-2010, 12:22 AM
What about the Pippen Rockets?

Check the post immediately before yours. :cheers:

Bosnian Sajo
03-06-2010, 12:35 AM
This is why I try so hard to avoid threads like these. Why the hell did I click on this thread? KG5, the guy who thinks KG is the goat made this thread. :banghead:

L.Kizzle
03-06-2010, 12:41 AM
1999 Rockets

Olajuwon
Barkley
Pippen
Kevin Willis.

Myth
03-06-2010, 12:44 AM
This is why I try so hard to avoid threads like these. Why the hell did I click on this thread? KG5, the guy who thinks KG is the goat made this thread. :banghead:

The OP is ridiculous, but he did get people talking about some interesting stuff when you look at the posts that have nothing to do with KG5.

ds123
03-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Other teams worthy of mention (certainly not the best, but intriguing to think about):

2003 Spurs

Duncan
D. Robinson
Manu
Parker
Steve Smith
Stephen Jackson
Kevin Willis
Bruce Bowen
Steve Kerr

(2002 Spurs looks very similar, but substitutes prime Terry Porter for Prime Manu)

2005 Rockets

Yao
McGrady
Mutombo
Juwan Howard
Rod Strickland
Jim Jackson
Vin Baker
and other decent guys

1999 Rockets

Olajuwon
Barkley
Pippen

2002 Magic

Ewing
McGrady
G. Hill
Horace Grant
Mike Miller
Darrell Armstrong

2001 Sonics

Ewing
Payton
R. Lewis
V. Baker
B. Barry
R. Patterson

LOL Rod Strickland on the Rockets. Didn't they pick him up from like a New Jersey adult community bball league?

ds123
03-06-2010, 12:50 AM
If everyone in the league were reversed back to their primes, Celtics would be hella stacked

Ray Allen
Michael Finley
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Rasheed Wallace

What is this? the 2001-2005 allstar team?

Wow.. there's a reason Celts were able to get Finley and Sheed, and it's because they AREN'T in their primes.

Is this all Celts fans can think about when they know their team is a bunch of has been dinosaurs? "Well let's pretend what would happen if everyone was young again, how sweet would that be?"

6thManOfTheYear
03-06-2010, 12:51 AM
1999 Rockets

Olajuwon
Barkley
Pippen

prime Cuttino Mobley as well when he was averaging 21.7 ppg and .395% from behind the arc

L.Kizzle
03-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Um, prime 70 Lakers.

Wilt
Baylor
West
Goodrich

game over.

West and Baylor got to the Finals 6 times together between 60 and 68. (Baylor once on his own.)

B-Diddy=2Easy
03-06-2010, 01:05 AM
In his prime, Ray Allen was never a top 3 SG in the league. Show me a season, and I can find maybe 3 or 4 SG better.

L.Kizzle
03-06-2010, 01:08 AM
In his prime, Ray Allen was never a top 3 SG in the league. Show me a season, and I can find maybe 3 or 4 SG better.
Who was Piece competing with at the SF position, Glenn Robinson, Jamal Mashburn, AK47, 40 year old Jordan, Ron Artest.

Who was Ray competing against, Kobe, Mac, AI, VC ... :confusedshrug:

B-Diddy=2Easy
03-06-2010, 01:27 AM
I find this thread disrespectful to Paul Pierce. People say "you guys forget how good Wallace, Allen, Garnett and Finley were." But none of those guys(with the exception of Garnett) were better than Pierce in his prime and none of the
have had better careers. Just look at what Pierce has done compared to Ray Allen in 2 less seasons in the NBA. Pierce has grabbed more rebounds, dished more assists, has more steals and more blocks than Ray Alllen in 2 less seasons. And Ray Allen is only ahead of Pierce in scoring by not even 1,000 points.

Now, let's talk about prime Pierce. In 05-06, which was Pierce at his absolute best, Pierce averaged nearly 27 points on only 18.5 shots per game and shot a career high 47% from the field. He lead the league in points per shot, making him one of the most efficient scorers in the league. Pierce averaged 26.8ppg 6.7rpg 4.7apg 1.4spg and lead his team in every statistical category. And in that season, he scored over 30 points in like 13 straight games and he hit a TON of clutch shots season. So I don't see how anyone can say "you guys forget how Allen, Finley and Wallace were" when, IMO, none of them were the level of player Pierce was in his prime.

magnax1
03-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Agreed. Even Cavs wouldn't be as good, since nobody could be a super Defensive moster like KG could. So it'd be
PG-Rondo
SG-Finley
SF-Pierce
PF-KG
C-Sheed
6th man- Ray
And a great bench on top of it.

B-Diddy=2Easy
03-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Who was Piece competing with at the SF position, Glenn Robinson, Jamal Mashburn, AK47, 40 year old Jordan, Ron Artest.

Who was Ray competing against, Kobe, Mac, AI, VC ... :confusedshrug:

And still Pierce was always a top 5 wing. Ray Allen was never a top 3 SG, and NEVER a top 5 wing. Through the 00s, Pierce has always been one of the best wings.

From Kobe, Iverson, T-Mac, Carter and Pierce to Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Pierce Melo. Pierce has always been there, whereas Ray never was.

B-Diddy=2Easy
03-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Agreed. Even Cavs wouldn't be as good, since nobody could be a super Defensive moster like KG could. So it'd be
PG-Rondo
SG-Finley
SF-Pierce
PF-KG
C-Sheed
6th man- Ray
And a great bench on top of it.

Good point putting Finley as the starter. In their primes, Allen was probably never better than Finley.

magnax1
03-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Good point putting Finley as the starter. In their primes, Allen was probably never better than Finley.
Probably flat even, but I used to really like Finley, so I gave him the starting spot.

Myth
03-06-2010, 01:43 AM
I find this thread disrespectful to Paul Pierce. People say "you guys forget how good Wallace, Allen, Garnett and Finley were." But none of those guys(with the exception of Garnett) were better than Pierce in his prime and none of the
have had better careers. Just look at what Pierce has done compared to Ray Allen in 2 less seasons in the NBA. Pierce has grabbed more rebounds, dished more assists, has more steals and more blocks than Ray Alllen in 2 less seasons. And Ray Allen is only ahead of Pierce in scoring by not even 1,000 points.

Now, let's talk about prime Pierce. In 05-06, which was Pierce at his absolute best, Pierce averaged nearly 27 points on only 18.5 shots per game and shot a career high 47% from the field. He lead the league in points per shot, making him one of the most efficient scorers in the league. Pierce averaged 26.8ppg 6.7rpg 4.7apg 1.4spg and lead his team in every statistical category. And in that season, he scored over 30 points in like 13 straight games and he hit a TON of clutch shots season. So I don't see how anyone can say "you guys forget how Allen, Finley and Wallace were" when, IMO, none of them were the level of player Pierce was in his prime.

= :cry:

B-Diddy=2Easy
03-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Another thing I want to add. Pierce has had 4 2,000 point seasons. Garnett, Allen, Finley and Wallace have none. In all reality, you guys have never seen the level of player Pierce was.

Myth
03-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Another thing I want to add. Pierce has had 4 2,000 point seasons. Garnett, Allen, Finley and Wallace have none. In all reality, you guys have never seen the level of player Pierce was.

How do Pierce's nuts taste?

fubu05
03-06-2010, 01:58 AM
How do Pierce's nuts taste?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i140/agono/FunnybasketballpicofMikkiMooreputti.jpg

ProfessorMurder
03-06-2010, 02:05 AM

Pierce's highest scoring season:

26.1ppg, 6.9rpg, 3.2ast, 1.9stl, 1blk, 2.9to, 2.9pf on 44.2%, 40.4%, 80.9% with 19.5 shots in 40.3 minutes.

KG's highest scoring season:

24.2ppg, 13.9rpg, 5ast, 1.5stl, 2.2blk, 2.6to, 2.5pf on 49.9%, 25.6%, 79.1% with 19.6 shots in 39.4 minutes.

Ray Allen's highest scoring season:

25.1ppg, 4.3rpg, 3.7ast, 1.3stl, .2blk, 2.4to, 1.9pf on 45.4%, 41.2%, 90.3% with 19.2 shots in 38.7 minutes.

Hmmmmm... Yeah, Pierce is just head and shoulders above everyone you inbred douche.

halffttime
03-06-2010, 02:33 AM
once i saw prime in the title, the first name i thought of was shaq.. once i entered the thread, lo and behold..

Killbot
03-06-2010, 02:35 AM
Hmmmmm... Yeah, Pierce is just head and shoulders above everyone you inbred douche.

I liked how all their stats are nearly similar in those years.

They all got into the Conference Finals one time before meeting up.
They play "consecutive positions", the 2, 3, 4. Their age is also consecutive are 32, 33, and 34. :rockon:

B-Diddy=2Easy
03-06-2010, 03:00 AM

26.1ppg, 6.9rpg, 3.2ast, 1.9stl, 1blk, 2.9to, 2.9pf on 44.2%, 40.4%, 80.9% with 19.5 shots in 40.3 minutes.

24.2ppg, 13.9rpg, 5ast, 1.5stl, 2.2blk, 2.6to, 2.5pf on 49.9%, 25.6%, 79.1% with 19.6 shots in 39.4 minutes.

25.1ppg, 4.3rpg, 3.7ast, 1.3stl, .2blk, 2.4to, 1.9pf on 45.4%, 41.2%, 90.3% with 19.2 shots in 38.7 minutes.

Hey, you fcking moron, how about you get your facts straight beofre you start calling people names, moron. Pierce's highing scoring season was in 05-06, as in ppg. He averaged 26.8ppg/47%fg on 18.5 shots per game, so yes, scoring wise Pierce is head and shoulders above Allen and KG.

gotbacon23
03-06-2010, 10:15 AM
How about prime Houston Rockets from 1994/1995

Hakeem Olajuwon
Otis Thorpe
Robert Horry
Clyde Drexler
Sam Cassell

otis thorpe and clyde never played on the rockets together. they were traded for each othr.

G.O.A.T
03-06-2010, 10:29 AM
I liked how all their stats are nearly similar in those years.

They all got into the Conference Finals one time before meeting up.
They play "consecutive positions", the 2, 3, 4. Their age is also consecutive are 32, 33, and 34. :rockon:

All meaningless but undeniably interesting.

There is something to that multiple components with Conference finals experience and still the hunger for a title.

In 2004 the Pistons, who lost in the 2003 ECF to New Jersey added Rasheed Wallace who lost in the 2000 WCF to LA. They beat New Jersey and LA on their way to the title.

Andrei89
03-06-2010, 10:38 AM

Now put Lebron's, Shaq's and Jamison's highest scoring season here

and i bet

LBJ,SHAQ and Jamison > Celtics

Andre
03-06-2010, 10:45 AM
last year's suns :

prime shaq
prime amare
prime g hill
prime j rich
prime nash

J.R. never reached his prime

Andre
03-06-2010, 10:49 AM
you could make this argument with almost any team.
how much better would the lakers be with odom, fisher, artest in prime alongside pau and kobe?
spurs- parker, duncan, ginobili, jefferson all in prime?
nets- wait... even with all their players in their prime, they still couldn't win a game

amfirst
03-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Yea, hate to admit it but the Celts would be the best. Prime Shaq, LeBron, and Jamison, would be a little better or the same as Kobe, Shaq, and Rice, since they weren't all in their primes together. We all know Lakers almost lost to sactown, spurs, portland in the playoffs. A prime Celt team would be way better than any of those team.

jaydacris
03-06-2010, 01:23 PM
not gonna read through everything but...

definitely prime lebron + prime shaq

no doubt about it

B-Diddy=2Easy
03-06-2010, 02:33 PM

no doubt about it

How can you deny a team with literally allstars at every position?

Prime Rondo
Prime Allen- would be a top 10 SG in the league
Prime Pierce- Top 3 SF in the league
Prime Garnett- Arguably the best PF in the league
Prime Wallace- Top 5 C/PF in the league
Prime Finley- Top 10 SG/Sf in the league

artest 93
03-06-2010, 02:56 PM

no doubt about it

This is the correct answer. Anything else is almost stupid.

Fortunately, I think the only people arguing this is Celtic fans/bandwagon trolls, to which I say :confusedshrug:

6thManOfTheYear
03-06-2010, 02:58 PM
2007-08 Rockets?

Prime Steve Francis
Prime T-Mac
Prime Yao
Prime Dikembe Mutombo
Prime Shane Battier
Prime Aaron Brooks :lol

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-06-2010, 04:32 PM
85-86 Lakers...all in their prime

prime Kareem with prime Maurice Lucas

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-06-2010, 04:37 PM
71-72 Lakers
Wilt in his prime with... prime...
Jerry West
Gail Goodrich
Elgin Baylor
Happy Hairston

sick.

Alhazred
03-06-2010, 04:38 PM
71-72 Lakers
Wilt in his prime with... prime...
Jerry West
Gail Goodrich
Elgin Baylor
Happy Hairston

sick.

/thread

DaKingz
03-06-2010, 04:49 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/index/2009/04/11/shaq.jpg

Myth
03-06-2010, 05:02 PM

Prime Rondo

Well for 1, none of those guys are truly a C, so how do they plan on stopping a prime Shaq?

Anaximandro1
03-06-2010, 05:04 PM
2003 Spurs

prime Parker
prime Steve Smith
prime Bowen
prime Duncan
prime Robinson

Bench

prime Steve Kerr
prime Manu
prime Stephen Jackson
prime Danny Ferry
prime Kevin Willis

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2003.html

Myth
03-06-2010, 05:05 PM
2003 Spurs

prime Parker
prime Steve Smith
prime Bowen
prime Duncan
prime Robinson

Bench

prime Steve Kerr
prime Manu
prime Stephen Jackson
prime Danny Ferry
prime Kevin Willis

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2003.html

I already beat you to that one. :D

ProfessorMurder
03-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey, you fcking moron, how about you get your facts straight beofre you start calling people names, moron. Pierce's highing scoring season was in 05-06, as in ppg. He averaged 26.8ppg/47%fg on 18.5 shots per game, so yes, scoring wise Pierce is head and shoulders above Allen and KG.

Highest scoring season means the season you scored the most points in.

2144 in 01-02 > 2116 in 05-06.

His highest scoring season was 01-02... Get Pierce's nuts out of your mouth before you suffocate chump.

HorryIsMyMVP
03-06-2010, 06:48 PM
If Grant Hill was in his prime and thats all you changed with the currrent Sun's they would win a title.

B-Diddy=2Easy
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Highest scoring season means the season you scored the most points in.

2144 in 01-02 > 2116 in 05-06.

His highest scoring season was 01-02... Get Pierce's nuts out of your mouth before you suffocate chump.

Ask any Celtics fan what Pierce's best season is. And how does change the fact that Garnett, Allen, Finley and Wallace have never had a 2,000 point season while Pierce has had 4.

KG5MVP
03-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Ask any Celtics fan what Pierce's best season is. And how does change the fact that Garnett, Allen, Finley and Wallace have never had a 2,000 point season while Pierce has had 4.

i agree that prime pierce is better than allen, finley, wallace, but miles behind KG

B-Diddy=2Easy
03-06-2010, 08:56 PM
i agree that prime pierce is better than allen, finley, wallace, but miles behind KG

I never said he wasn't. Still, prime Pierce would be would be right there with Melo and Duant for 2nd best SF in the league.

KG5MVP
03-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I never said he wasn't. Still, prime Pierce would be would be right there with Melo and Duant for 2nd best SF in the league.

Yea it's true.

ConanRulesNBC
03-06-2010, 09:55 PM
otis thorpe and clyde never played on the rockets together. they were traded for each othr.

Oh. I just looked up the '94/'95 Rockets roster and saw them together. I just remembered that team having Olajuwon, Drexler, Cassell and Horry.

Myth
03-06-2010, 09:56 PM

Still, prime Jesus > prime Pierce.

kap
03-06-2010, 09:58 PM
If I were 6'7", I'd be in the NBA. If only if.....

B-Diddy=2Easy
03-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Still, prime Jesus > prime Pierce.

Make a thread, 2-1 ishers would say prime pierce>> prime Ray. They hav nver been close a players, IMO.

flipogb
03-06-2010, 10:14 PM
just proves Celtics are OLD,lol

but yeah theyd be the best, but other teams would be close

Myth
03-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Make a thread, 2-1 ishers would say prime pierce>> prime Ray. They hav nver been close a players, IMO.

:applause:

This is for not overreacting. I lost the bet in my head.

KG5MVP
03-06-2010, 10:26 PM
wow I can't believe this thread got over 12 pages and 3659 views

symbol33
03-07-2010, 09:53 AM

Leborn can't stop Price's jump shot and KG's fade away, I had watched the 2000 west final and a prime Wallace defensed Shaq very well

symbol33
03-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Spurs all in their Prime would be great as well. Especially if they still had Finley.

Are you FU*KING KIDDING

symbol33
03-07-2010, 10:22 AM
He is pretty unstoppable when U also add the best player in the world...basically Shaq and Lebron in there Primes better and More Dominant than Allen,Pierce and KG in there's.
what do you mean of unstoppable, did a prime shaq had no shotcomes, it's only because he was quicker than other gig guys in his size, if put a prime Sabonis, 4 inches higher than shaq and weight the same as shaq, and no obvious shotcomes like free throw and better pass ball skill, did shaq really unstoppable. absolutely NO

symbol33
03-07-2010, 12:20 PM
he did?

so you are saying something that a prime shaq was not enough

Himan12
03-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Cavs

An unstoppable freak in the paint, an unstoppable freak on the wings, a prime Anthony Parker (was a very good defender), Mo williams is solid and add a prime Jamison on top of that, the offense is going to be smooth as the latter three can knock down a shot from anywhere on the court.

I dont get how the hell the celtics would be able to guard shaq and STOP lebron with their "suffocating" defense. lol at Perkins, Resheed and Garnette being able to stop shaq. Then lebron is roaming on the wings. lool

And all this talk about the celtics having an unstoppable offense, I hope you guys understand there is only one ball. They are not going to drive in with shaq in the paint. Only thing that worries me about a prime celtics is Finaly and Allen on the wings draining those threes. But I m happy with the perimeter defense of parker and lebron.

GiveItToBurrito
03-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Two of those guys are actually still basically in their primes. Jamison's old, but his numbers are about identical to where they were five years ago.

The Mavericks would be nasty, too. Kidd, Dirk, Marion (in his prime, one of the most underrated players in the league), Butler, Terry, Haywood/Dampier in the middle. Beaubois' prime is going to be pretty good, too.

symbol33
03-08-2010, 05:42 AM
2000 blazers

damon
steve smith
pip
sheed
sabonis
detlef schempf
bonzi wells
jermaine oneal

yes, agree

2LeTTeRS
03-08-2010, 06:59 AM

Prime Rondo

You realize the Cavs have 5 former all-stars (Shaq, Bron, Jamison, Williams, and Z when he comes back). People keep calling the Cavs a 2 man team, but besides having what would be the 2 best players in the league they would still have incredible depth. People are really selling the Cavs supporting cast short.

symbol33
03-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Every comment you make on this board is a homer comment about your Celtics... shut up.

If the Celtics didn't win the title a few years ago that group of yours would be a footnote in NBA history. KG might be considered in the top 30 players of all time, but the rest would be forgotten. Without a title, Pierce wouldn't even be on Alex English's level.

so in your opinion that a team had two top 10 players could defeated another any team with 5 all stat players. how many years had you watched basketball?
baskerball was a team game, the 60-70s celtics with fine all star player defeated west's laker for 8 times and the pistons with 4 all star players defeated shaq and kobe in 2004, Allen and Finely vs Moon and Lewis will be a big mismatch and KG+Wallace vs Shaq and Pierce vs Levorn did not have much gap, Celtics will beat Cavs with a little trouble, but if for 7 games, celtics will win finally.

Bandito
03-08-2010, 11:38 AM
what do you mean of unstoppable, did a prime shaq had no shotcomes, it's only because he was quicker than other gig guys in his size, if put a prime Sabonis, 4 inches higher than shaq and weight the same as shaq, and no obvious shotcomes like free throw and better pass ball skill, did shaq really unstoppable. absolutely NO
That would be a monster!

HBKMGa
04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/1997.html

if only that team was younger

HBKMGa
04-04-2010, 06:32 PM
maybe the celtics

Doctor Rivers
01-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Bump

FKAri
01-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Mavs:

Carter
Kidd
Dirk
Marion
Odom

sodap
01-15-2012, 07:48 PM
reading the thread, I still lol at the thought of a team with prime lebron + prime shaq. talk about sweeping all the way to the ring.

Figlo
01-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Hawks:
G.Joe Johnson
G. J. Stackhouse
F. T-mac
F. J. Smith
C. Horford
6th: Hinrich

Suns:
Nash
Redd
Hill

too many young teams in the league these days

Doctor Rivers
08-14-2012, 07:05 AM
reading the thread, I still lol at the thought of a team with prime lebron + prime shaq. talk about sweeping all the way to the ring.

:applause:

UConnCeltics
08-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Not going to read through 13 pages of garbage, but OP is a *******.

And if you are going to use a Celtics team, why not use the 09-10 roster?

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
KG
Shaq

With Finley, Jermaine O'Neal, and Brian f*cking Scalabrine off the bench.

bfrombleacher
08-14-2012, 07:28 AM

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
KG
Shaq

Isn't the first post before the 2009/10 season?

dunksby
08-14-2012, 08:16 AM

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
KG
Shaq

Why are you so stupidly mad?