PDA

View Full Version : What does Lebron need to do to be better than Larry Bird?

Lebron23Cavs
03-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Numbers wise Lebron is playing amazing and it is a good comparision compared to what Larry legend put up.

What does Lebron need to do, win a few titles? do you expect Lebron to go down as better than Bird when Lebron's career is all said and done?

dirkdiggler41
03-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Win titles, if he gets more then Bird, he will be looked at as the better player becaus LeBron played defense. You can compare skill when it comes to passing, dribbling etc. but they are two very different players. So it really comes down to titles and finals mvp's

Killuminati90
03-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Like the above poster said, its all about winning rings. In terms of individual level, I already see him as good as Bird.

Quizno
03-10-2010, 08:31 PM
individually i think he's better than bird

phoenix18
03-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Nothing. I am tired of people making past legends seem a hundred times greater than they actually are.

Lebron keeps playing like this he's better than Bird/Magic/Hakeem/Duncan/Kobe/KAJ/MJ but not Wade.

The whole championship argument is stupid.

Freshprince619
03-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Nothing. I am tired of people making past legends seem a hundred times greater than they actually are.

Lebron keeps playing like this he's better than Bird/Magic/Hakeem/Duncan/Kobe/KAJ/MJ but not Wade.

all them legends but wade
lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
stats arent impressive if your not winning

BlueandGold
03-10-2010, 08:37 PM

Coming from someone who's obviously no older than 18.

Without a championship Lebron will be no greater than Barkley.

Lebron23Cavs
03-10-2010, 08:37 PM

Has Wade even ever been as good as Lebron? 2006 is the only year you could make a legit case.

BallPhunk
03-10-2010, 08:38 PM

My goodness, please tell me this is sarcasm. It's sometimes hard to tell and I want to give you the benefit of the doubt...

Duncan21formvp
03-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Numbers wise Lebron is playing amazing and it is a good comparision compared to what Larry legend put up.

What does Lebron need to do, win a few titles? do you expect Lebron to go down as better than Bird when Lebron's career is all said and done?

Probably win another 2 mvp's and 1-2 titles.

jstern
03-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Bird was before my time, but from what I know of him, all Lebron needs is his clutchness. Lebron is the best I've seen since Jordan. I would say he plays around that level now. Never got the same feeling from Kobe that I get from Lebron, and haven't gotten this feeling since Jordan.

liquidrage
03-10-2010, 08:44 PM
He already is. Bird was surrounded by some great talent. You can't build teams like you used to. Rings back in the day meant more then they do today because of the way you were able to build teams back then.

phoenix18
03-10-2010, 08:44 PM

I'm almost 20 and I dont see how individual players can be compared using championships.

Its stupid.

I was joking about the Wade part, but Wade is not far behind. Lets stop acting like he's some sort of bum.

KB8tHeGrEaT
03-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Win championships... Which he has ZERO
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

BlueandGold
03-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Has Wade even ever been as good as Lebron? 2006 is the only year you could make a legit case.

lol oh no Lebron23 made another account. I guess he was tired of people picking on him for having a higher post count than half of the people on insidehoops combined.

And wade has always been more clutch and a better winner than Lebron. Sure Lebron puts up some nice statlines but if he were to ultimately end up with 0 finals wins it's obvious that wade would be the better player with the better career.

Kellogs4toniee
03-10-2010, 08:48 PM
He wins two rings in very dominating fashion with clutch plays and I start putting him in the discussion. He wins three and it's a no-brainer.

BallPhunk
03-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Doesn't anyone see this as the dumbest logic in the world?

"If he wins 2.5 MVP's and at least 1 championship then he's better than _____.

BUT if he only wins 1 MVP he'd have to win at least 2 titles as the main guy plus 1 as the second option.

However, if he has a top 5 PER at least twice, and a +/- above 5.24, then he needs one less MVP... blah blah blah "

You see it all the time here. People don't use stats when they actually make sense, but create a statical fantasy world for...

:ohwell:

Lebron23Cavs
03-10-2010, 08:53 PM
lol oh no Lebron23 made another account. I guess he was tired of people picking on him for having a higher post count than half of the people on insidehoops combined.

And wade has always been more clutch and a better winner than Lebron. Sure Lebron puts up some nice statlines but if he were to ultimately end up with 0 finals wins it's obvious that wade would be the better player with the better career.

I am not the orginal lebron23 that you speak of, he has not been banned at all. Take a look

Lebron has never had the supporting cast to win it all. This year he finally does so no excuses this year. I expect the Cavs to go all the way this year the match-up problems against Orlando and L.A are no longer a glaring problem.

DukeDelonte13
03-10-2010, 10:20 PM
I'll get flamed for sure with this comment, But Lebron's season PER right now is higher than anyone's ever was in the modern era, including Jordan. That's crazy. Lebron is already better than Bird, no doubt. Career wise, no, but on an individual level, yes.

blacknapalm
03-10-2010, 10:23 PM
break his back paving his mama's driveway, share a beer with me, send me postcards signed by various players. oh and give me a lucky nickel. only then will i put him in the discussion.

NuggetsFan
03-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Probably just play longer and build up legacy\career. If you just take a look at both players and not there careers than It's probably a toss up.

EllisGW
03-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Bird said lebron is better than him so I guess lebron is already better

ImmortalD24
03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Become white.. :confusedshrug:

Meticode
03-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Larry Bird has a more accomplished career than LeBron obviously. It's going to take at least 1-2 championships for LeBron to be on Birds level to me career-wise. Bird's basketball IQ was through the roof, his determination and all he ever cared about was winning.

Freshprince619
03-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Bird said lebron is better than him so I guess lebron is already better

Lmao dont make up your won quotes to your agenda.
He said he has the ability to be better then me.
Never said he was lmao

EllisGW
03-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Lmao dont make up your won quotes to your agenda.
He said he has the ability to be better then me.
Never said he was lmao
No he did not say that he said lebron will probably be the best ever

Solid Snake
03-10-2010, 10:37 PM

I agree with you about legends being propped up higher than they are, I also agree about championships being overrated. So what that Russel has 13 of them, it's a team accomplishment.

With all that said, I don't think he's better than Bird yet.

GiveItToBurrito
03-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Probably win another 2 mvp's and 1-2 titles.

I basically agree with this, although I think that MVPs are a little overrated since they're pretty subjective - no one argues with a ring, but there's still a huge debate about whether or not certain guys deserved MVPs certain years. Plus, the MVP can be as much about hype as being the best player in the league (AI winning it over Shaq in 2001).

I think that Lebron needs to win a title (which he will at some point), but he doesn't need as many titles as Bird since he plays in a different era with a bit more parity - Bird's teams were stacked with multiple hall of famers in their primes, whereas Lebron's playing with a past-his-prime Shaq and good but not great players like Mo Williams, Jamison, and Varejao (who, in my opinion, is at least as valuable as either of those two for his d, rebounding, and ability to score off of cuts to the basket). I hate sounding like a homer for the guy or something (especially since I'm a Wizards fan) but, barring injury, I think he'll finish his career as a top ten player, maybe even second best after Jordan. The numbers aren't everything, but they're so overwhelming - on court/off court, PER, offensive rating considering his usage percentage, points, boards, assists, fg%, defensive rating, all that shit - that at some point you can't disregard them any more. If he wins two rings as the man, he's at least as good as Bird in my opinion, and if he wins four or more as unquestionably the best player in the league (which I think he became last year), he starts to challenge MJ.

Let the flaming begin.

GiveItToBurrito
03-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Larry Bird has a more accomplished career than LeBron obviously. It's going to take at least 1-2 championships for LeBron to be on Birds level to me career-wise. Bird's basketball IQ was through the roof, his determination and all he ever cared about was winning.

Not disagreeing with you, but I think you can say that about Lebron. He basically willed his team to a win against the Pistons a few year and almost did it against the Celtics in 2008 and the Magic in 2009.

Rekindled
03-10-2010, 10:44 PM
win multiple championships + multiple mvps.

OldSchoolBBall
03-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Umm, how about actually be a better basketball player than Bird? Which he isn't, btw (not yet, at least).

Now if you're asking what he has to do to be considered GREATER than Bird, that's different.

bdreason
03-10-2010, 10:49 PM

The point of playing the game, is to win.

A player can be considered 'great' by just puting up big stats... but a player will never be considered a 'legend' unless he wins some rings.

If LeBron were to average 30/7/7 for his career, he would be considered a great player... but he wouldn't be placed in the same class as players who won multiple rings, AND contributed heavily to their teams success.

lilgodfather1
03-10-2010, 10:50 PM
LeBron is already a better individual player than Bird playing in a much tougher league. The pace is slower so the stats comparisons are skewed, but even still LeBron wins that discussion. Defense is the biggerst factor though really. LeBron is by far a better defender and that is unquestionable. Not to mention the defenses in the league when Bird played were mostly single covered which made it easier to play offensively.

EllisGW
03-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Lebron need about 2 rings to match a career wise of bird but let's be honest if lebron had the talent of birds team in the 80's he would have 7or 8 rings.

Collie
03-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Better? Maybe, but Bird was a better rebounder and comparable as a passer. He was also a more efficient scorer.

Greater? I don't see how LBJ right now could be greater than a top 6 player in NBA history.

lilgodfather1
03-10-2010, 10:54 PM

A player can be considered 'great' by just puting up big stats... but a player will never be considered a 'legend' unless he wins some rings.

If LeBron were to average 30/7/7 for his career, he would be considered a great player... but he wouldn't be placed in the same class as players who won multiple rings, AND contributed heavily to their teams success.
LeBron this season with an MVP and without a championship will make his way into the top 15-20 all time. The stats he has produced in his career have been matched by only one man so far.

OldSchoolBBall
03-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Better? Maybe, but Bird was a better rebounder and comparable as a passer. He was also a more efficient scorer.

Greater? I don't see how LBJ right now could be greater than a top 6 player in NBA history.

Bird was pretty clearly a better passer. Lebron's a terrific passer, but as good as Bird? No.

EllisGW
03-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Bird was pretty clearly a better passer. Lebron's a terrific passer, but as good as Bird? No.
Lebron already has better career average is assists than bird and Bird played with better players

lilgodfather1
03-10-2010, 11:03 PM
:roll: :lol Bird was a better passer? Let me guess he was a better scorer to and obviously a better defender, oh and he was obviously more athletic as well. Bird was a great passer, but LeBron is about to smash his single season best when it comes to assists.

asu77golf
03-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Bird was a better passer to be sure.

They can/could both score.

Bird has the titles.

Lebron has a LONG way to go. Without titles he'll be forgotten quickly.

Bigsmoke
03-10-2010, 11:05 PM

Co-sign to the fullest

EllisGW
03-10-2010, 11:07 PM

Bird has the titles.

lol haha people trying to argue for bird when bird said lebron is will be better. This makes people look crazy.

lilgodfather1
03-10-2010, 11:12 PM
lol haha people trying to argue for bird when bird said lebron is will be better. This makes people look crazy.
The question isn't will LeBron be better, it is what does he have to do. The simple answer is nothing because he is already better.

OldSchoolBBall
03-10-2010, 11:12 PM
:roll: :lol Bird was a better passer? Let me guess he was a better scorer to and obviously a better defender, oh and he was obviously more athletic as well. Bird was a great passer, but LeBron is about to smash his single season best when it comes to assists.

You're literally delusional if you think that Lebron is better passer than Bird. Better PLAYMAKER? Yeah, because he can penetrate and draw more defensive attention. But strictly in terms of vision and passing he isn't on Bird's level.

And yes, now that you mention it, Bird was a better scorer too.

stephanieg
03-10-2010, 11:14 PM
He needs a better mullet.

EllisGW
03-10-2010, 11:15 PM

Bird has the titles.

I hope you know bird never average 30 points and lebron is going to do it 2 in his 7 years. Lebron is a much better scorer

NotYetGreat
03-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I definitely think that chips are the only things holding him back. You also look at how a player was able to carry a team and to what level he took them to, right? I don't know why I've seen a lot of people say it's insignificant...

OldSchoolBBall
03-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Lebron already has better career average is assists than bird and Bird played with better players

Bird didn't dominate the ball and played with legit PG's who averaged 5-6+ apg themselves. Bird's PG and backup PG averaged 11-13+ apg combined in an equal opportunity offense while Lebron plays a much more ball dominant style and his PG and backup PG have averaged 6-8 apg combined.

Way to ignore context.

Papaya Petee
03-10-2010, 11:19 PM

2008-2009 Wade > 2008-2009 LeBron.

Rekindled
I hope you know bird never average 30 points and lebron is going to do it 2 in his 7 years. Lebron is a much better scorer

bird is a 50% 40% 90% guy. lebron doesnt shoot close to that. bird was a better scorer than lebron.

Papaya Petee
Back on topic, all he has to do is win 2-3 champinoships and 1-2 more MVP's. Individually he is just as good as Bird was IMO.

Lebron23Cavs
03-10-2010, 11:21 PM
bird is a 50% 40% 90% guy. lebron doesnt shoot close to that. bird was a better scorer than lebron.

Shooter? yes, scorer? no

Lebron23Cavs
03-10-2010, 11:22 PM
2008-2009 Wade > 2008-2009 LeBron.

Get out of here, Wade last year wasn't close to Lebron's impact wise. Only 2006 is comparable really.

EllisGW
03-10-2010, 11:24 PM
How can you say that when lebron average more points his career and more assists.

lilgodfather1
03-10-2010, 11:24 PM
You're literally delusional if you think that Lebron is better passer than Bird. Better PLAYMAKER? Yeah, because he can penetrate and draw more defensive attention. But strictly in terms of vision and passing he isn't on Bird's level.

And yes, now that you mention it, Bird was a better scorer too.
I'm the dellusional one eh? Well you are the one that has no basis to your opinion. Bird was not near the level of passer LeBron is, LeBron is only rivalled in terms of vision by the greatest passer ever and that is not Bird it is Magic. LeBron is a better playmaker as well, and a much better scorer considering the pace that LeBron plays in is much slower, the defenses he faces are not single coverage and he averages more points.

PianoMan
03-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Get out of here, Wade last year wasn't close to Lebron's impact wise. Only 2006 is comparable really.
What? You serious wat do you mean impact wise? Rofl Wade is better than lebron eat it nikka. And Wade has a better carrer and will always be a better playoff performer than lebron. And hes more Clutch. You should change the topic to What does Lerbon have to do to be better than Wade.

TimeConfidence
03-10-2010, 11:25 PM
It's pretty obvious you were too busy sucking Lebron's nuts to see what Wade was doing.

Bernie Nips
03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
This is seriously unbelievable... haha... and don't get me wrong, LeBron is by far the best player in the league... but he's no Bird.

Everyone's saying Bird had better teammates as if that's going to help him in a comparison individually. Bird could have gone off for LeBron-like statistics if he wanted to, but that wasn't what was going to help the Celtics win. Hell, he shot a whole game with his left hand just for fun. Still dominated.

Bird was on a completely different level. Yeah, he had a stacked team... and with a stacked team he was STILL seen as the best player in the league 3 years in a row, and it was only injury that slowed him down. You take away teammates like McHale and Parrish (who both averaged ~10rpg just like Bird) and his rebounds will go up. Take away DJ and his assists will go up. He was in a much more team-orientated environment, so therefore his statistics suffered. Just like the Celtics in 08 - their stats all went down, and they won the championship.

Look beyond the stats, LeBron is ****ing AMAZING, but he's no Bird.

Lebron23Cavs
03-10-2010, 11:27 PM
What? You serious wat do you mean impact wise? Rofl Wade is better than lebron eat it nikka. And Wade has a better carrer and will always be a better playoff performer than lebron. And hes more Clutch. You should change the topic to What does Lerbon have to do to be better than Wade.

:oldlol: Wade has NEVER been a better basketball player than Lebron. Wade had one great playoff run where he won the title by playing hot in the finals against a mentally weak Mavericks team and took advantage. Lebron wouldn't of let his team win 15 games in a season or get swept by the Bulls in the first round as the defending champions.

OldSchoolBBall
03-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Bird was not near the level of passer LeBron is

Dumbest thing I've ever read on this board, and that's saying a lot. When did they start letting 12 year olds register?

PianoMan
03-10-2010, 11:30 PM
:oldlol: Wade has NEVER been a better basketball player. Wade had one great playoff run where he won the title by playing hot in the finals against a mentally weak Mavericks team and took advantage. Lebron wouldn't of let his team win 15 games in a season or get swept by the Bulls in the first round as the defending champions.
Rofl And Wade wound tlet his team get swept 4-0 in the finals nikka. Wade is a better player and carrer than Lebrick. Lol now you wanna calls mvs mentally weak rofl. Lebron got swept by the magic. LAst year now eat it. I dotn care if it was 4-1 if Lebron didnt hit that Buzzer they would be swept.

TimeConfidence
03-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Dumbest thing I've ever read on this board, and that's saying a lot. When did they start letting 12 year olds register?
It's obvious the kid started watching basketball in 2006 or later.

lilgodfather1
03-10-2010, 11:34 PM
I'd say about november 2008 when you registered.

Lebron23Cavs
03-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Rofl And Wade wound tlet his team get swept 4-0 in the finals nikka. Wade is a better player and carrer than Lebrick. Lol now you wanna calls mvs mentally weak rofl. Lebron got swept by the magic. LAst year now eat it. I dotn care if it was 4-1 if Lebron didnt hit that Buzzer they would be swept.

Wade wouldn't of even got that 07 Cavs finals team to the playoffs. Wade does nothing better than Lebron..you really have no arguement here.

Cavs lost in 6 games to Orlando due to not having a good enough supporting cast that is no longer a problem. Lebron will win his first NBA championship this season.

TimeConfidence
03-10-2010, 11:37 PM
I'd say about november 2008 when you registered.
How old are you? Just curious, I think it's pretty obvious you missed the Jordan Era and for sure the Bird-Magic Era.

PianoMan
03-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Wade wouldn't of even got that 07 Cavs finals team to the playoffs. Wade does nothing better than Lebron..you really have no arguement here.

Cavs lost in 6 games to Orlando due to not having a good enough supporting cast that is no longer a problem. Lebron will win his first NBA championship this season.
Yea Yea Yea cry all you want. Wade has that shiny ring and that nice Finals Mvp. Damn does lebron have any of those? Yea he doesnt have a good supporting cast when his team was the best in the leauge. We will see this year if he wins. Are you the fortune teller now? How do you know if wade woundt of got them to the finals? Wade does everything better than Lebron.

Replay32
03-10-2010, 11:38 PM
For lebron to "clearly" be a better basketball player than bird, he needs to improve his ability to pass with either hand, set better screens and use screens better to get open so he doesn't have to go 1 on 5 so much. Basically improve on his off the ball fundamentals. And lastly work on his post game. If lebron can get these fundamentals down he will have a chance to be better than even jordan as a wing player.

But lebron is well on his way to be the best SF to ever play the game and I'm confident he will continue to improve. Mike Brown not being an offensive minded coach has hurt lebron fundamentally from an offensive stand point. Lebron is already a better defender compared to bird. But birds IQ and ability to see things ahead of time was off the charts.

lilgodfather1
03-10-2010, 11:40 PM
It was 4-2 and if Shard hadn't been on steroids or "performance enhancers" as they call it the Cavs may have won. And people seem to forget that Larry was hurt in the finals making Drew Gooden the second best player, yeah the Cavs were supposed to beat the Spurs :rolleyes: . And if Wade has had the better career (he hasn't) why would LeBron be ranked higher on every all time list than Wade? Wade is just to injury prone to have had the same career, if not for the injuries than we could have talked, but as it is Wade is inferior career wise, and as a player.

sodapop
03-10-2010, 11:40 PM
What does Lebron need to do to be better than Larry Bird?

1. Attitude adjustment. LeBron is a serious cry baby sometimes.
2. Win championships in Cleveland
3. LeBron need a rival pal -Bird & Magic
4. LeBron need two up and coming Hall Of Fame players along his side. Shaq don't count.
5. Lebron must win either the 3 point shooting competition or the slam dunk contest. Can LeBron beat Nate in the slam dunk contest? Who knows!

Lebron23Cavs
03-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Yea Yea Yea cry all you want. Wade has that shiny ring and that nice Finals Mvp. Damn does lebron have any of those? Yea he doesnt have a good supporting cast when his team was the best in the leauge. We will see this year if he wins. Are you the fortune teller now? How do you know if wade woundt of got them to the finals? Wade does everything better than Lebron.

If Wade couldn't win more than 15 games with a cast like the ONE lebron had in 07 why would Wade of carried that team to the finals?

I would love to know what exactly Wade does better than Lebron...blocks is the ONLY thing you could even argue even then Lebron is better in that area.

Lebron is better at

scoring
rebounding
assists
steals
blocks
FG%
better defender

PianoMan
03-10-2010, 11:44 PM
It was 4-2 and if Shard hadn't been on steroids or "performance enhancers" as they call it the Cavs may have won. And people seem to forget that Larry was hurt in the finals making Drew Gooden the second best player, yeah the Cavs were supposed to beat the Spurs :rolleyes: . And if Wade has had the better career (he hasn't) why would LeBron be ranked higher on every all time list than Wade? Wade is just to injury prone to have had the same career, if not for the injuries than we could have talked, but as it is Wade is inferior career wise, and as a player.
Loooooool if shard wasant on steroids? One of the dumbest exuses i heard. Yea and the Heat were supposed to beat the Mavs Down 2-0:rolleyes:. Maybe you seem to forget Lebron is nothing but a media hyped person made by stern.

PistonsFan#21
03-10-2010, 11:45 PM

LMAO! You're such a dumbass with no credibility. The Cavs lost 4-2. If 4-2 is the same as getting swept for you then that tells us all we need to know on your basketball IQ.

lilgodfather1
03-10-2010, 11:45 PM
How old are you? Just curious, I think it's pretty obvious you missed the Jordan Era and for sure the Bird-Magic Era.
I'm 20. So yes to answer your question I did miss the Bird/Jordan/Magic era, but I have watched almost a hundred games from Birds prime. But TBH I only had to watch one to see the differences between the two players. Bird was phenominal, but the defense was terrible, he would be a great player now, top 5 in the league, possibly top 3 but he would not be able to dominate because of his lack of athletecism. He would still be great, but just not as great.

lilgodfather1
03-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Loooooool if shard wasant on steroids? One of the dumbest exuses i heard. Yea and the Heat were supposed to beat the Mavs Down 2-0:rolleyes:. Maybe you seem to forget Lebron is nothing but a media hyped person made by stern.
He was suspended for being on a performance enhancing drug during the 09 playoffs.

PianoMan
03-10-2010, 11:48 PM
If Wade couldn't win more than 15 games with a cast like the ONE lebron had in 07 why would Wade of carried that team to the finals?

I would love to know what exactly Wade does better than Lebron...blocks is the ONLY thing you could even argue even then Lebron is better in that area.

Lebron is better at

scoring
rebounding
assists
steals
blocks
FG%
better defender
Roooooooofl. Wade was playing hurt you a**. Wade is Wayyyy clutcher than Lebron. Lebron better at steals and better defender? Rofl Wade is one of the best off ball defenders and when it comes down to crunch time Wade has to be one of the best defensive clutch players in this leauge. Assist??? Look at lebron's teammates then holla at me. Rebounding duhhhhhhhhhhhh of course hes better look at his size and height.

PianoMan
03-10-2010, 11:50 PM
LMAO! You're such a dumbass with no credibility. The Cavs lost 4-2. If 4-2 is the same as getting swept for you then that tells us all we need to know on your basketball IQ.
Yea Yea he still choked.

Lebron23Cavs
03-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Roooooooofl. Wade was playing hurt you a**. Wade is Wayyyy clutcher than Lebron. Lebron better at steals and better defender? Rofl Wade is one of the best off ball defenders and when it comes down to crunch time Wade has to be one of the best defensive clutch players in this leauge. Assist??? Look at lebron's teammates then holla at me. Rebounding duhhhhhhhhhhhh of course hes better look at his size and height.

:oldlol: further proof you are a moron

Lebron was still averaging 7 assists per game even with trash as team-mates. Wade is a good defender but he is not better than Lebron. So really you have proved nothing to suggest Wade is better than Lebron at ANYTHING.

Derka
03-10-2010, 11:56 PM
This is the NBA. Winning is the only thing that matters.

Lebron starts winning rings, I'll gladly accept him as a legend of Larry's status. 40 point performances are worth dick if the team isn't winning.

PianoMan
:oldlol: further proof you are a moron

Lebron was still averaging 7 assists per game even with trash as team-mates. Wade is a good defender but he is not better than Lebron. So really you have proved nothing to suggest Wade is better than Lebron at ANYTHING.
Lol nah its further proof that your dumb. I just stated why hes a better defender and all you can say is wade is good but not better than lebron Lol.

PistonsFan#21
Yea Yea he still choked.

hmm let me check

game 1: 49s, 6rebs, 8ast
game 2: 35pts, 4rebs, 5ast
game 3: 41pts, 7rebs, 9ast
game 4: 44pts, 12rebs, 7ast
game5: 37pts, 14 rebs, 12ast
game 6: 25pts, 7rebs, 7ast

Yup he definately choked :hammerhead:

PianoMan
03-10-2010, 11:58 PM
hmm let me check

But did he win? No so he choked. And here we go again with the stats.

Lebron23Cavs
03-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Lol nah its further proof that your dumb. I just stated why hes a better defender and all you can say is wade is good but not better than lebron Lol.

You stated that Wade was a good off the ball defender but Lebron is certainly a better man defender and is a better off the ball defender than Wade also. Lebron is great in the passing lanes.

Lebron23Cavs
03-11-2010, 12:00 AM

Where was Wade when Lebron's were playing in the conference finals again? oh yes at home....Wade hasn't done shit since 06 but fail to make the playoffs and lose in the first round every year since. How can you argue Wade is better when he led his team to a freaking 15 win season :oldlol:

chazzy
03-11-2010, 12:01 AM
It was 4-2 and if Shard hadn't been on steroids or "performance enhancers" as they call it the Cavs may have won

You're just embarrassing yourself in this thread.. first that gem about Bird "not being close" to Lebron's passing ability, and now this. Credibility out the window, at least try not to be a ridiculous homer :oldlol:

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:03 AM
You stated that Wade was a good off the ball defender but Lebron is certainly a better man defender and is a better off the ball defender than Wade also. Lebron is great in the passing lanes.
Lol did you see when wade stripped ray allen this season man to man. That was crazy clutch defensively. Wade is better in the passing lanes dummy. Last year there was so many plays wade had defensively to win the game for the heat. The strip on salmons, the block on lopez end ect........... S you have no argument.

Kurosawa0
03-11-2010, 12:04 AM

So, did Dwyane Wade choke against Atlanta in the first round?

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Where was Wade when Lebron's were playing in the conference finals again? oh yes at home....Wade hasn't done shit since 06 but fail to make the playoffs and lose in the first round every year since. How can you argue Wade is better when he led his team to a freaking 15 win season :oldlol:
Where was lebron when Wade got that ring? Oh yea sittin on the couch havin his mom rub his back. Lebron hasant done nothing but choke. Like i said wade wasant 100% that season.

PistonsFan#21
03-11-2010, 12:06 AM

Ok so all the years that Wade hasnt won that means he choked?
What about Jordan in the series where he scored 63pts in a game agaisnt the Celtics and still lost to them because he couldnt do it by himself? Was it a choke too?

Do you even know what choking means? Choking is what Wade does at the free throw line at the end of every close games

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Jermaine Oneal Concussion, Jamario Moon out (And was are starter) Wade(Kinda Hurt Back)

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Ok so all the years that Wade hasnt won that means he choked?
What about Jordan in the series where he scored 63pts in a game agaisnt the Celtics and still lost to them because he couldnt do it by himself? Was it a choke too?

Do you even know what choking means? Choking is what Wade does at the free throw line at the end of every close games
He surely wasant doing that when he buried your pistons rofl.

Kurosawa0
03-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Jermaine Oneal Concussion, Jamario Moon out (And was are starter) Wade(Kinda Hurt Back)

But the Heat lost. So, that means he choked.

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:10 AM
But the Heat lost. So, that means he choked.
Ok put it that way as long as Lebron chokes with him.

Kurosawa0
03-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Ok put it that way as long as Lebron chokes with him.

I would actually say that neither did.

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I would actually say that neither did.
Ok then we straight now?

ProfessorMurder
hmm let me check

Yup he definately choked

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q225/kennerguy66/large_miller-choke.jpg

Indian guy
Win. That's all he needs to do. Statistically he's better and their on-court impact can go either way. But Bird won 3 championships. LeBron needs to get at least 2.

PistonsFan#21
03-11-2010, 12:15 AM
He surely wasant doing that when he buried your pistons rofl.

Burried my Pistons? LOL! Have you forgotten the year we beat you guys to go to the Finals in 2005?

Kurosawa0
03-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Ok then we straight now?

If you say that losing doesn't automatically equal choking... yeah.

Look, anyone that watched the Cavs-Magic series knows that LeBron wasn't the reason the Cavs lost. Trying to say so is trying to rewrite history.

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 12:17 AM
hmm let me check

i like how you didnt put his field goal %
He shot under 40% which is way below average
and he averaged over 6 turnovers
so yeah thats Chocking
and lets not forget all the ridiculous calls he got so they could stay in the game lmaoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nT2osudy0

He definitely chocked

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Burried my Pistons? LOL! Have you forgotten the year we beat you guys to go to the Finals in 2005?
Where yo pistons at now lol? You defending Lebron hard cause he also burried ya rofl.

phoenix18
03-11-2010, 12:18 AM

Let put it this way, Bird would not have won sh*t if he had Lebron's teammates.
Same with MJ/Kobe/KAJ/Oscar/Hakeem/etc.

Look at all the players on this roster.

He doesnt have a Pippen.
He doesnt have a Parish or Mchale.
He doesnt have a Gasol or Shaq(prime)
He doesnt have KAJ.
He doesnt have a Drexler.

See what I'm getting at? When put winning championships in the equation, it distorts the picture. You can be as committed to winning as humanly possible and still never win if you dont have the right teammates and coaches.

Kurosawa0
03-11-2010, 12:19 AM
so yeah thats Chocking
and lets not forget all the ridiculous calls he got so they could stay in the game lmaoo

He definitely chocked

Is there a forum that actually has people the know anything about basketball? This place is so lame sometimes.

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Is there a forum that actually has people the know anything about basketball? This place is so lame sometimes.
lol you cant handle the facts
David Stern wanted Lebron in the finals
but with the help he still couldnt

Brah you mad? LMFAOOOOOOOO

Kurosawa0
03-11-2010, 12:21 AM
lol you cant handle the facts
David Stern wanted Lebron in the finals
but with the help he still couldnt

Brah you mad? LMFAOOOOOOOO

Do you even know what the word "fact" means?

PistonsFan#21
03-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Where yo pistons at now lol? You defending Lebron hard cause he also burried ya rofl.

Pistons 3 championships >>> Miami 1 championship with help of the refs.

Pistons might not do good right now but neither are the Heat. WHats the point of making the playoffs if you're heading to a 1st round exit?

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Do you even know what the word "fact" means?
lol people nitpick stats to make it look like he beasted.
Lmfaoo

CHOKE ARTIST!
Just like in the Finals
Shooting 35 percent
He was airballing freethrows in the finals smh

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Pistons 3 championships >>> Miami 1 championship with help of the refs.

Pistons might not do good right now but neither are the Heat. WHats the point of making the playoffs if you're heading to a 1st round exit?
You think they gettin out the firsr round this year? Lol you mad brah cause Wade beat ya with the refs? No wonder you on Lebron nuts cause in yo mind you thinking at least Lebron didnt need the refs help.

sodapop
03-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Um, Wade better than LeBron? This argument again? O.K.! I'll play devil's advocate. If Wade had the same quality of supporting cast of players like LeBron had in 2008/09 season, a regular season record 66 wins & 16 loss, placed first in his division and ranked first in the eastern conference, would Wade flush everything down the drain?

Replay32
03-11-2010, 12:26 AM

Yes he did. And I'm a huge wade fan. But for the heat to lose game 4 at home by 10 points and wade shoot a horrible 9-26 from the field 1-8 from 3 and 4 TO's was just unacceptable. That would of put them up 3-1 and wade played horrible.

Spo is a lame coach and didn't use his bench right, but if wade would of played like wade of 2006 in this game the heat would of won and mostly likely would of won the series in 6.

chazzy
03-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Let put it this way, Bird would not have won sh*t if he had Lebron's teammates.
Same with MJ/Kobe/KAJ/Oscar/Hakeem/etc.

Look at all the players on this roster.

He doesnt have a Pippen.
He doesnt have a Parish or Mchale.
He doesnt have a Gasol or Shaq(prime)
He doesnt have KAJ.
He doesnt have a Drexler.

See what I'm getting at? When put winning championships in the equation, it distorts the picture. You can be as committed to winning as humanly possible and still never win if you dont have the right teammates and coaches.

Of course, but that's a whole different argument.. a top 10 peak players list would be different from a top 10 greatest players list. Sure it sucks that Lebron wasn't fortunate to have any of those players, but you have to give the nod to the players that actually did win it all. Like you can't say "IF Lebron had Pippen he'd have x amount of rings" because that's hypothetical, and there's no way he'd be considered GREATER than any of those guys because of it if he doesn't win a championship.

Being better and being greater are two different things, and I'm just assuming the OP is asking what Bron needs to do to surpass him on an all time greatest players list.

BlueandGold
03-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Yes he did. And I'm a huge wade fan. But for the heat to lose game 4 at home by 10 points and wade shoot a horrible 9-26 from the field 1-8 from 3 and 4 TO's was just unacceptable. That would of put them up 3-1 and wade played horrible.

Spo is a lame coach and didn't use his bench right, but if wade would of played like wade of 2006 in this game the heat would of won and mostly likely would of won the series in 6.

Rofl everyone knows that series didn't mean squat to the overall championship race. Just like when Jordan lost to the Celtics in the 80s, he knew that even if he would have won he would have ultimately been squashed by some other team on their way to the finals.

Wade performed when it mattered because he knew he might not ever get there again. Lebron went 0-4 when it mattered the most and couldn't even get a singular win for his team that they could build on for next year. There was no experience gained, even if they did go to the finals. I believe that fact is what ultimately denied cleveland of a 2nd or 3rd Finals berth, especially what happened in Orlando last year.

Of course, but that's a whole different argument.. a top 10 peak players list would be different from a top 10 greatest players list. Sure it sucks that Lebron wasn't fortunate to have any of those players, but you have to give the nod to the players that actually did win it all. Like you can't say "IF Lebron had Pippen he'd have x amount of rings" because that's hypothetical, and there's no way he'd be considered GREATER than any of those guys because of it if he doesn't win a championship.

Being better and being greater are two different things, and I'm just assuming the OP is asking what Bron needs to do to surpass him on an all time greatest players list.

eh the majority of the younger cats on this forum always like to pose "what if" questions. What if Michael had Russell/West/Wilt? 12 championships and GOAT!!

Needless to say those kids are retards.

PistonsFan#21
03-11-2010, 12:30 AM
so yeah thats Chocking

He definitely chocked

he shot 45.7% FG...Thats better than Kobe's career FG%. LMAO at your fail. If 45.7% is a choke then how would you qualify Kobe's career? I guess when Kobe shot 44%FG in the finals last year he choked too but got carried by his team. Right?

And he averaged 4.2 turnovers per game. Are you trying on purpose to make yourself look like a dumbass? Im done wasting my time with you

PistonsFan#21
03-11-2010, 12:34 AM
You think they gettin out the firsr round this year? Lol you mad brah cause Wade beat ya with the refs? No wonder you on Lebron nuts cause in yo mind you thinking at least Lebron didnt need the refs help.

I just said that the Heat wont get out of the 1st round. And you just admitted that Wade beat us with the help of the refs so yeah im mad at that. But still Heat are nothing compared to Pistons.

3>>>1
Pistons>>>Heat

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:36 AM
I just said that the Heat wont get out of the 1st round. And you just admitted that Wade beat us with the help of the refs so yeah im mad at that. But still Heat are nothing compared to Pistons.

3>>>1
Pistons>>>Heat
I hope you know a word called Sarcastic you might wanna go look it up. Your pistons Suck balls this year. Heat on their way to the playoffs. Heat>>>>Pistons. And when 2010 comes OmgHeat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pistons

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 12:39 AM
he shot 45.7% FG...Thats better than Kobe's career FG%. LMAO at your fail. If 45.7% is a choke then how would you qualify Kobe's career? I guess when Kobe shot 44%FG in the finals last year he choked too but got carried by his team. Right?

And he averaged 4.2 turnovers per game. Are you trying on purpose to make yourself look like a dumbass? Im done wasting my time with you
Video speaks for itself bro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-J4mZOcdDE

phoenix18
03-11-2010, 12:41 AM

Being better and being greater are two different things, and I'm just assuming the OP is asking what Bron needs to do to surpass him on an all time greatest players list.\

Peak? Lebron>Bird

Greatness? Define.

sodapop
03-11-2010, 12:43 AM
I hope you know a word called Sarcastic you might wanna go look it up. Your pistons Suck balls this year. Heat on their way to the playoffs. Heat>>>>Pistons. And when 2010 comes OmgHeat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pistons

Pistons vs Heat in the playoffs? Let's say this does happen this year.. The Miami Heat cannot beat the Pistons in a 7 game series. Simply impossible! The Pistons have too many weapons coming off the bench. Miami have nothing coming off their bench except time wasters.

konex
03-11-2010, 12:44 AM
LeBron is a MUCH better player than Bird. Titles or no titles..

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Pistons vs Heat in the playoffs? Let's say this does happen this year.. The Miami Heat cannot beat the Pistons in a 7 game series. Simply impossible! The Pistons have too many weapons coming off the bench. Miami have nothing coming off their bench except time wasters.
Omg last time i checked the heat blewwwwwwww them out. Get out of here kid.

PistonsFan#21
03-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Video speaks for itself bro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-J4mZOcdDE

I know you feel bad getting exposed like that. I just wanted you to get your facts straight. And bad calls happen sometimes.

Watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saVxJWeVcVU

Replay32
03-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Rofl everyone knows that series didn't mean squat to the overall championship race. Just like when Jordan lost to the Celtics in the 80s, he knew that even if he would have won he would have ultimately been squashed by some other team on their way to the finals.

Wade performed when it mattered because he knew he might not ever get there again. Lebron went 0-4 when it mattered the most and couldn't even get a singular win for his team that they could build on for next year. There was no experience gained, even if they did go to the finals. I believe that fact is what ultimately denied cleveland of a 2nd or 3rd Finals berth, especially what happened in Orlando last year.

eh the majority of the younger cats on this forum always like to pose "what if" questions. What if Michael had Russell/West/Wilt? 12 championships and GOAT!!

Needless to say those kids are retards.

Wtf does this have to do with if wade choked in the 1st round last year. Lebron choked in the 2007 finals also. Wade had a poor game 4 that could of put the heat up 3-1 and a poor game 7 regardless of his teams talent, so I don't get your response to me. Both players could of played a lot better in those respective series. They both are capable of playing better than they did but they didn't. Team expectations wasn't part of the question I was answering. Simply did Wade choke in the 1st round last year?

sodapop
03-11-2010, 12:48 AM
LeBron is a MUCH better player than Bird. Titles or no titles..

Athletically, LeBron is better than Bird. Team leading skills, basketball I.Q., role playing skills, Bird is better than LeBron.

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Lebrons performance on the biggest stage in basketball NBA Finals puts a Major dent in his legacy at this point.

SmoothJ2
03-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Athletically, LeBron is better than Bird. Team leading skills, basketball I.Q., role playing skills, Bird is better than LeBron.
Agreed, can't be said any better.

Dave3
03-11-2010, 12:50 AM
so yeah thats Chocking

He definitely chocked
:roll: :roll: I didn't know 49% was below 40%. You're good at math! And I didn't know 3.5 turnovers was "over 6" either:roll: :roll: IT's funny because you made fun of his FG%....even though it was higher than Kobe's against the same team. Every post makes me think more that you're CantStop...the quality of this board just keeps dropping with more trolls like you it's so sad...

phoenix18
03-11-2010, 12:51 AM
:roll:

I'll give him I.Q.

Stop being nostalgic already. Be honest, what is Bird's weakness?

Also, WTF is "Role playing skills"?

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 12:51 AM
I know you feel bad getting exposed like that. I just wanted you to get your facts straight. And bad calls happen sometimes.

Watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saVxJWeVcVU

Kobe faked a foul. Refs were blindly give Cavs calls that a blind man could see werent fouls

sodapop
03-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Omg last time i checked the heat blewwwwwwww them out. Get out of here kid.

Um, a kid? Sorry dude, I'm not a kid. First off, you can't compare one season game to a playoff 7 game series. Did you know a season game is nothing compared to a playoff game? Sure, the Heat will win a game or two out of seven games. In reality, they cannot beat the Pistons in a seven game series, PERIOD!

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 12:52 AM
:roll: :roll: I didn't know 49% was below 40%. You're good at math! And I didn't know 3.5 turnovers was "over 6" either:roll: :roll: IT's funny because you made fun of his FG%....even though it was higher than Kobe's against the same team. Every post makes me think more that you're CantStop...the quality of this board just keeps dropping with more trolls like you it's so sad...

Lmaoo he did not shoot 49 hahaah quit making up stats. He only shot over 50 % one game so how did he average 49%??????
Lmaoo he got 8 turnovers 6 4 3 5 2 thats not 3.5 lmaoo

SmoothJ2
03-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Lebrons performance on the biggest stage in basketball NBA Finals puts a Major dent in his legacy at this point.
When you had no right making the Finals and nobody expected you to make it, you really can't choke. So really, Lebron completely overachieved by even getting the Cavs to the NBA Finals.

sodapop
03-11-2010, 12:54 AM
:roll:

I'll give him I.Q.

Also, WTF is "Role playing skills"?

Role playing skills is another phrase for team game. Other words, making his team better, unselfish with the ball and etc. Basic team basketball.

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Um, a kid? Sorry dude, I'm not a kid. First off, you can't compare one season game to a playoff 7 game series. Did you know a season game is nothing compared to a playoff game? Sure, the Heat will win a game or two out of seven games. In reality, they cannot beat the Pistons in a seven game series, PERIOD!
Right.... like you know.

Dave3
03-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Lmaoo he did not shoot 49 hahaah quit making up stats. He only shot over 50 % one game so how did he average 49%??????
Lmaoo he got 8 turnovers 6 4 3 5 2 thats not 3.5 lmaoo
He shot 48.7% That I know for a fact. Go check the stats right here http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=1966&year=2009 clown. And yeah, I made a mistake, it's 4.2, not 3.5. 4.2 is still not "above 6" clown making up stats.

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 12:56 AM
When you had no right making the Finals and nobody expected you to make it, you really can't choke. So really, Lebron completely overachieved by even getting the Cavs to the NBA Finals.
Yeah he did. But why your game change so drastically when you hit the Finals?
He averaged 35% from the field and was airballing free throws thats chocking. His playoff run wasnt a choke. But his performance in the finals was

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 12:57 AM
He shot 48.7% That I know for a fact. Go check the stats right here http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=1966&year=2009 clown. And yeah, I made a mistake, it's 4.2, not 3.5. 4.2 is still not "above 6" clown making up stats.

Thats not 48% lmao know your math

Disaprine
03-11-2010, 12:58 AM
win

SmoothJ2
03-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Yeah he did. But why your game change so drastically when you hit the Finals?
He averaged 35% from the field and was airballing free throws thats chocking. His playoff run wasnt a choke. But his performance in the finals was
When you have 10 eyes looking at you for 48 minutes and you are playing the #1 defense in the NBA. It's going to be hard to shoot anything higher than 35%.

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 12:59 AM
When you have 10 eyes looking at you for 48 minutes and you are playing the #1 defense in the NBA. It's going to be hard to shoot anything higher than 35%.
Lol Lebron cant shoot thats why.

sodapop
03-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Right.... like you know.

:lol Face it, I'm right! It's cool 'n all to love & support your team. I highly congratulate you for your loyalty to your team. Every fan have high hopes for their team. I have high hopes for my team too. However, I can accept the truth and reality if something is completely impossible. Can you?

Dave3
Thats not 48% lmao know your math
I know it's not 48 which is why I said 49 genius. 48.7 rounds to 49...so still think he shot below 40%?:roll: :roll: :roll: Man this is like the 15th time you've been owned today, I feel bad, so I'll let you live the day with a little bit of dignity. Have a goodnight.

SmoothJ2
Lol Lebron cant shoot thats why.
At that point, Yes that was true. He can shoot now though.

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 01:02 AM
:lol Face it, I'm right! It's cool 'n all to love & support your team. I highly congratulate you for your loyalty to your team. Every fan have high hopes for their team. I have high hopes for my team too. However, I can accept the truth and reality if something is completely impossible. Can you?
You dont know if the pistons can beat the heat in a 7 game series and who said it would go that far. If the heat singlehandedly blew the pistons out this seaons what makes you think the pistons can beat the heat?

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 01:03 AM
I know it's not 48 which is why I said 49 genius. 48.7 rounds to 49...so still think he shot below 40%?:roll: :roll: :roll: Man this is like the 15th time you've been owned today, I feel bad, so I'll let you live the day with a little bit of dignity. Have a goodnight.
Damn Dave3 i love you man.

sodapop
03-11-2010, 01:12 AM
You dont know if the pistons can beat the heat in a 7 game series and who said it would go that far. If the heat singlehandedly blew the pistons out this seaons what makes you think the pistons can beat the heat?

Vice versa..... Neither of us can predict the future. Let's agree? Secondly, Miami and Pistons have one win each. March 31st, 2010 in Detroit is the next game scheduled. Tune in and comment back to me after the result. I'm 100% correct the Pistons will win.

PianoMan
03-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Vice versa..... Neither of us can predict the future. Let's agree? Secondly, Miami and Pistons have one win each. March 31st, 2010 in Detroit is the next game scheduled. Tune in and comment back to me after the result. I'm 100% correct the Pistons will win.
IIght then mah boy.

EllisGW
03-11-2010, 01:28 AM
if people want to know just listen to what larry bird said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSfliFOfuo

this puts everything to rest

KAJ=GOAT
03-11-2010, 04:37 AM
Win titles, if he gets more then Bird, he will be looked at as the better player becaus LeBron played defense. You can compare skill when it comes to passing, dribbling etc. but they are two very different players. So it really comes down to titles and finals mvp's

WTF?

Larry Bird for his career.

1.7 spg
0.8 bpg

Lebron thus far,

1.7 spg
0.9 bpg.

I guess, going by your logic, Lebron doesn't play much defense either.

plowking
03-11-2010, 06:11 AM
Bird was a better passer, rebounder and scorer... Lebron only plays defense better than Bird.
He needs to become a better player.

Lebron23
03-11-2010, 06:14 AM
if people want to know just listen to what larry bird said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSfliFOfuo

this puts everything to rest

Word

Jerry West, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, Scottie Pippen, and Michael Jordan said that LeBron have the chance to be the greatest player of all time.

2010 = Start of LeBron James Era.

plowking
03-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Word

Jerry West, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, Scottie Pippen, and Michael Jordan said that LeBron have the chance to be the greatest player of all time.

You're so obsessed it's sad.

Lebron23
03-11-2010, 06:23 AM
You're so obsessed it's sad.

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/2213125/1024/Picture-Box/you-mad-picture.png

I forgot to add Tim Duncan.

godofgods
03-11-2010, 09:19 AM

Not being black.

El Seano
03-11-2010, 09:39 AM

I have seen some dumb posts in my time here. I have seen some plain ignorant posts in my time here. But your post sir, YOUR post, is by far the dumbest and most ignorant post I have ever seen.

May god have mercy on your soul.

phoenix18
03-11-2010, 10:02 AM
I have seen some dumb posts in my time here. I have seen some plain ignorant posts in my time here. But your post sir, YOUR post, is by far the dumbest and most ignorant post I have ever seen.

May god have mercy on your soul.

First off, thats a f*cking lie. Stop exaggerating. This is why people hate the internet. Instead EXPLAINING your point, you'd rather just say how "dumb" you think someone is. Secondly, read the whole thread, I already admitted that there was some sarcasm in the second sentence.

Fact:People do overrate past players here, including Larry Bird.
Fact:You put absolutely no though into your post what so ever.

My point is, Lebron is playing some of the best basketball human eyes have ever seen. He's like MJ in Space Jam right now. He's doing everything and getting better each and every year.

Lebron is one of the best dunkers ever.
Lebron is one of the best passers ever.
Lebron is the most dangerous player in the open court in NBA History.
Lebron is more versatile and can play 1-4 without hesistation.

Lebron is not a better shooter than Bird, but he's improving in that aspect as well.

People have to realize that Lebron is still a kid. He's only what 24,25? He's already a top 50, shoot, a top 30 player.

This might not even be his peak, and with his large frame, he can easily make the transition into a post player later in his career. He's a hard worker, adding new things to his game.

So that's why I say nothing. Look at the man's stats for goodness sake! We havent seen someone in that man categories since MJ before Pippen.

Glide2keva
03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
First off, that's a f*cking lie. Stop exaggerating. This is why people hate the internet. Instead EXPLAINING your point, you'd rather just say how "dumb" you think someone is. Secondly, read the whole thread, I already admitted that there was some sarcasm in the second sentence.A lot of people on here do that.

Fact:People do overrate past players here, including Larry Bird.Obviously you've never seen Larry Bird play, or else you wouldn't be saying that, so this post is ignorant because you don't not of what you are speaking.

Fact:You put absolutely no though into your post what so ever.Should be THOUGHT and WHATSOEVER

My point is, Lebron is playing some of the best basketball human eyes have ever seen. He's like MJ in Space Jam right now. He's doing everything and getting better each and every year.Space Jam was fiction, you do know that right? lebron is stat padding, nothing more.

Lebron is one of the best dunkers ever.Hardly, how does doing the same one handed dunk over and over again qualify him to be one of the best dunkers ever when this this man won't even get in the dunk contest to solidify his status as such? Besides, ever hear of Vince Carter?

Lebron is one of the best passers ever.Stockton, Pistol Pete, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Isaiah(sp?) Thomas, Mark Jackson, Scott Skiles, Kevin Johnson, John Havlicek are all better passers than lebron, imo

Lebron is the most dangerous player in the open court in NBA History.More dangerous than Michael Jordan, Zeke, Magic, Bird, etc? talk about overrated

Lebron is more versatile and can play 1-4 without hesitation.That's because Mike Brown has no offense.

Lebron is not a better shooter than Bird, but he's improving in that aspect as well. and I can tell you, he won't pass him. Larry legend was a marksman out there.

People have to realize that Lebron is still a kid. He's only what 24,25? He's already a top 50, shoot, a top 30 player.The hype train continues.

This might not even be his peak, and with his large frame, he can easily make the transition into a post player later in his career. He's a hard worker, adding new things to his game.What has he added to his game? Dancing, the fade-away 3?

So that's why I say nothing. Look at the man's stats for goodness sake! We haven't seen someone in that man categories since MJ before Pippen.Elevate him to GOAT status, but we all know that isn't happening.

lebron is a great player, but to hype him this much is borderline man-crushing.

PistonsFan#21
03-11-2010, 10:29 AM
LMAO at the dude on top saying that Larry Bird and Isiah Thomas are more dangerous than Lebron on a fastbreak. Lebron will dunk on you or get fouled everytime on the break (if you could catch up to him). The same cant' be said about the 2 above.

And Michael Jordan isnt a better passer than Lebron. Even Winter said that MJ couldnt do a chest pass when he joined the Bulls

Pimpdaddy311991
03-11-2010, 11:06 AM
He needs to grow a mean mustache

Sticks
03-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Did anyone mention paving his mother's driveway and then playing another few seasons with a career-ending injury for most putting up amazing numbers.

madmax
03-11-2010, 11:09 AM
LMAO at those Jordan stans, proclaiming him better passer and open court player than Lebron:roll: :roll: Talk about nostalgia tards at their insecure best here...

macpierce
03-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Word

so if the cavs dont win this year are you going to retract your statement?

catch24
03-11-2010, 11:29 AM
How the hell is Larry Bird overrated? Championships are meaningless? Sh*t, mine as well put Sir Charles and the Mailman on your top 10 lists. SMH.

whitebear
03-11-2010, 12:07 PM
the star of a championship team and at the same time be white.

DukeDelonte13
03-11-2010, 12:10 PM
First off, thats a f*cking lie. Stop exaggerating. This is why people hate the internet. Instead EXPLAINING your point, you'd rather just say how "dumb" you think someone is. Secondly, read the whole thread, I already admitted that there was some sarcasm in the second sentence.

Fact:People do overrate past players here, including Larry Bird.
Fact:You put absolutely no though into your post what so ever.

My point is, Lebron is playing some of the best basketball human eyes have ever seen. He's like MJ in Space Jam right now. He's doing everything and getting better each and every year.

Lebron is one of the best dunkers ever.
Lebron is one of the best passers ever.
Lebron is the most dangerous player in the open court in NBA History.
Lebron is more versatile and can play 1-4 without hesistation.

Lebron is not a better shooter than Bird, but he's improving in that aspect as well.

People have to realize that Lebron is still a kid. He's only what 24,25? He's already a top 50, shoot, a top 30 player.

This might not even be his peak, and with his large frame, he can easily make the transition into a post player later in his career. He's a hard worker, adding new things to his game.

So that's why I say nothing. Look at the man's stats for goodness sake! We havent seen someone in that man categories since MJ before Pippen.

Lebron at the 4 this season has a mind blowing 44 PER. :bowdown: :bowdown:

DonDadda59
03-11-2010, 01:53 PM
What does Lebron have to do to be a better player than Larry Bird?

Develop a more reliable jumper, both inside and outside. Work on his post game because it is seriously lacking and nowhere near Larry's. Get better with his off hand (left), he can do many things lefty (pass, dunk/layup, dribble) but Larry Legend could shoot for an entire half and/or game with his left just because he was bored or needed a challenge. And maybe a few more fundamental things like boxing out and rebounding.

Now what does he have to do to have a better legacy than Larry?

Lead his team to 3-4 championships, win 1 more MVP for a total of 3(he has this year locked), keep playing at the ridiculously high level he has been the past few seasons. Take the game more seriously and show a killer instinct, especially in the playoffs and finals.

fubu05
03-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Keep on not shaking his opponents hands, and he'll get there.

catch24
03-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Lead his team to 3-4 championships, win 1 more MVP for a total of 3(he has this year locked), keep playing at the ridiculously high level he has been the past few seasons. Take the game more seriously and show a killer instinct, especially in the playoffs and finals.

Last years post season he had a look in his eye that was cold blooded, especially during that Magic series. But I agree with your post for sure.

greymatter
03-11-2010, 02:12 PM
It was 4-2 and if Shard hadn't been on steroids or "performance enhancers" as they call it the Cavs may have won.

Holy ****ing Jebus.

A guy who has a 6'11" version of Tayshaun Prince's physique whose game is by no means considered physical is being accused of having had an unfair advantage which pushed the Magic over the Cavs?

I've got turds bigger than Rashard Lewis. That's got to be one of the most pathetic examples of grasping at straws I've ever seen.

EllisGW
03-11-2010, 03:20 PM
why is this a debate? Larry bird said lebron was better. I guess you guys know more than larry bird himself. haha

lilgodfather1
03-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Holy ****ing Jebus.

A guy who has a 6'11" version of Tayshaun Prince's physique whose game is by no means considered physical is being accused of having had an unfair advantage which pushed the Magic over the Cavs?

I've got turds bigger than Rashard Lewis. That's got to be one of the most pathetic examples of grasping at straws I've ever seen.
That's not the point, he was supsended for taking a performance enhancing drug. PEDs are not just to make you huge, well unless you are stupid and you think that way. PEDs improve your all around performance from consentration to strength, to speed. I'm not saying that is the reason for the Cavs loss, but it is one of the reasons for certain. There are a bunch of stars that aligned in order for Orlando to have won that series, Shard being on a PED is one of them, Mo/Z shooting way below average, the Magic shooting more than 40% from 3, and not being able to cover Dwight with a single defender. If that series played again the Magic wouldn't have shot >40% from 3 and Mo/Z wouldn't have way under performed.

rosonviyavong
03-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Championships but I bet that wont even make a difference to all the haters who still wanna live in the past

TheGreatDeraj
03-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Lebron is going to have to blow Bird's career out of the water to be better than him. More championships, MVPs and better stats for a longer period of time. White people aren't gonna let their pride and joy go down without a fight.

RajonKGcelts
03-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Obv LBJ is special. His assists, pts, and rebs will surpass Bird but idk if hell put up the type of shooting percentages Bird has. Plus LBJ will never have, idk how to even explain it. I dont think he'll live up to the legend of Bird. The crazy stories about picking spots on the floor before games to hit winning shots and doing it. The way he along with magic, brought the nba to a new high like we never saw. LBJ wont have that.

Amil23
03-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Obv LBJ is special. His assists, pts, and rebs will surpass Bird but idk if hell put up the type of shooting percentages Bird has. Plus LBJ will never have, idk how to even explain it. I dont think he'll live up to the legend of Bird. The crazy stories about picking spots on the floor before games to hit winning shots and doing it. The way he along with magic, brought the nba to a new high like we never saw. LBJ wont have that.
I agree.I think he will be a better indivisual player than Bird,but I dont think he will have a legacy as great as Bird UNLESS he wins a couple of titles and strikes fear into his opponents like Larry Legend.Bird was also a cold blooded killer on the court in late game sitautions and I sometimes dont trust LBJ at the FT line

Fatal9
03-11-2010, 05:06 PM
one of the worst threads in recent memory. not because the actual premise is outrageous or wrong but some of the shit said in this thread....SMH.

No_Look604
03-11-2010, 05:21 PM
win more championships than Bird...very true.

but there's no way in hell he will suprass Bird, for the simple fact Bird, Magic & Jordan took the NBA to new heights...LBJ ain't doing that, it's already been done.

**ahhh almost forgot how bird would point to where he was gonna hit game winners n shit.
I remember a clp of opposing players talkin about it....like he was a fcukin ghost or somethng haha

Big#50
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
He's a better player. Bird's legacy>James

Lebron23
03-11-2010, 06:07 PM
He's a better player. Bird's legacy>James

4x NBA titles as the no.1 option of his team. ( Bird was the best player of the Celtics in the 1980's. )
4x NBA Regular Season MVP ( Bird - 3x NBA Regular Season MVP)
3x NBA Finals MVP ( Bird - 2x NBA Finals MVP)

godofgods
03-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Do this twice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_RJ5XN8TK8

Niquesports
03-12-2010, 07:05 PM

IF Lebron and Kobe have a few epic title series with LBJ winning a few I can see people begin to compare the two. But Bird 's is like a TV movie in Boston in the Garden,matching up against Dr J and magic. Lebron would have to match that . Its gonna take more than him scoring he will to have at least as couple of Finals MVP's

phoenix18
03-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Obviously you've never seen Larry Bird play, or else you wouldn't be saying that, so this post is ignorant because you don't not of what you are speaking.

How is it possible for a basketball fan not to have seen Bird play? This is 2010. There is little thing called the Internet. Not to mention ESPN Classic. Not to mention NBA TV.

Should be THOUGHT and WHATSOEVER

One letter inserted and two spaces removed. That was my error. Wow. Do you want me to cite my sources as well?

Space Jam was fiction, you do know that right? lebron is stat padding, nothing more.
Are you seriously in a lame attempt at sarcasm trying to tell me that an animated movie full of the most famous cartoon characters in the world wasnt real? It was supposed to be a comical comparison not something to be dissected by people pretending to have an argument.

Hardly, how does doing the same one handed dunk over and over again qualify him to be one of the best dunkers ever when this this man won't even get in the dunk contest to solidify his status as such? Besides, ever hear of Vince Carter?

I said ONE OF THE BEST. Not THE BEST. There is a difference. We all make mistakes sometimes. I do that all the time.

Stockton, Pistol Pete, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Isaiah(sp?) Thomas, Mark Jackson, Scott Skiles, Kevin Johnson, John Havlicek are all better passers than lebron, imo

Out of the thousands of players that have stepped on an NBA court, you named 10. So, in your mind, ten players are better than Lebron at passing.

Look, I am not saying he's a Steve Nash, but Lebron is a great passer.

More dangerous than Michael Jordan, Zeke, Magic, Bird, etc? talk about overrated

See, this is what I am talking about. Jerry West? Lebron is a dual threat. He stops fast breaks with his blocks from time to time and finishes them really well. I made a thread a while ago about the top ten fast break players of all time and Lebron was a top five pick on most lists.

That's because Mike Brown has no offense.

I dont see how the two goes together. What I mean is that he can play and defend from 1 through 4. We have gotten to see that through either matchup problems, or as you say, Coach Brown's offensive ineptitude.

and I can tell you, he won't pass him. Larry legend was a marksman out there.
I agree.

The hype train continues.

What hype train? LOL. When I say why do people put current players up that high, people stone me. When I put them up that high, people catch feelings.

What has he added to his game? Dancing, the fade-away 3?

A jumpshot. Watch his rookie year jumpshot compared to now. Tell me that's not adding something.

Elevate him to GOAT status, but we all know that isn't happening.

Its pretty common for players to have their best years (aka their prime) in their late 20's.

Lebron is 25. Twenty-five. How am I wrong with speculating that this might not be his peak? Oh how I wish ISH was around in the late 80's.

"MJ has a good shot at being the greatest player ever"

In hindsight, we all know that he's right but if it was 1986, you would laugh in his face. Why do people do that? Its only natural for someone just as good, or even better to come along.

lebron is a great player, but to hype him this much is borderline man-crushing.

Mancrush? No sir.

How the hell is Larry Bird overrated? Championships are meaningless? Sh*t, mine as well put Sir Charles and the Mailman on your top 10 lists. SMH.

I said people overrate him. That's what I said.

I never said championships are meaningless. Where do people get these questions from? Championships depend on many variables including everything from coaching, to an owner's willingness to spend.

phoenix18
03-12-2010, 07:48 PM
one of the worst threads in recent memory. not because the actual premise is outrageous or wrong but some of the shit said in this thread....SMH.
:oldlol:

You slit your wrists yet?

theballerFKA Ace
03-12-2010, 07:59 PM
King James ankles will blow out before he reaches Kobe's legacy, let alone Bird and Magic.

HBKMGa
08-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Except for legacy, LeBron James right now is a greater player than Larry Bird has ever been.

nbacardDOTnet
08-14-2010, 08:54 AM
all them legends but wade
lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
stats arent impressive if your not winning

Magic Johnson predicted (20 years ago) lbj can't be better than Larry Legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4YludB_8Qo

code green
08-14-2010, 12:53 PM
a scrotum

/thread

catch24
08-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Except for legacy, LeBron James right now is a greater player than Larry Bird has ever been.

No, not really.

Bladers
08-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Bird was before my time, but from what I know of him, all Lebron needs is his clutchness. Lebron is the best I've seen since Jordan. I would say he plays around that level now. Never got the same feeling from Kobe that I get from Lebron, and haven't gotten this feeling since Jordan.

The anatomy of a delusional homer.
He's been ramming you hard, hasn't he? that's why you got those feelings.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

OldSchoolBBall
08-14-2010, 04:42 PM

lol

Bird would shit on Lebron. Believe it.

Indian guy
08-14-2010, 04:54 PM
lol

Bird would shit on Lebron. Believe it.

Now that's a major exaggeration. Both players would've an incredibly difficult time guarding the other. Bird more so in fact. As far as who's better is concerned, Bird wins on the basis of rings. Based purely on impact, I don't see any significant differences. LeBron just needs to win a lot in order to be considered better. He's got all the other requirements down.

HBKMGa
08-14-2010, 05:16 PM
No, not really.

Yes, really.

Has everything down except the ring.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=Z8kyH

jstern
08-14-2010, 05:24 PM
God, you really love Kobe. I'm from New York, so Lebron is just a superstar to me, the way he was playing when I made that comment was out of this world. He was clearly the best in the world which I hadn't seen since Jordan. Kobe was never as good, and I now you take that as an insult, even though Kobe has no idea who you are. Why do you take it so hard when someone doesn't see Kobe in the same light as you do?

thejumpa
08-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Now that's a major exaggeration. Both players would've an incredibly difficult time guarding the other. Bird more so in fact. As far as who's better is concerned, Bird wins on the basis of rings. Based purely on impact, I don't see any significant differences. LeBron just needs to win a lot in order to be considered better. He's got all the other requirements down.

I agree. Imagine LeBrons legacy with 3-4 rings added onto it. It would be damn impressive. I don't necessarily think that LeBron is a better player, but you could definitely make a case for it. I know one thing....Bird wouldn't be able to guard him head to head. LeBron would have a lot of troubles too, though.

Yung D-Will
08-14-2010, 05:25 PM

OldSchoolBBall
08-14-2010, 05:41 PM

I didn't say that Bron wouldnt shit on Bird as well. But Bird would definitely get his against Lebron - he's done so against far better defenders than Lebron. I do disagree that Lebron's impact = prime Bird's impact. Not yet imo.

Simple Jack
08-14-2010, 06:24 PM

Typical Bladers post.

catch24
08-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Yes, really.

Has everything down except the ring.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=Z8kyH

No, actually he doesn't. Bird actually had a mid range game and was an overall better scorer (his FT and 3PT %'s dont lie). Bird rebounded the ball better, was just as good if not a better play maker and was an exceptional leader.

TheLogo
08-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Lebron needs to do a lot and I mean he needs a couple of games where he scores 100 points, four games of him dishing out 30 plus assists, winning two regular season MVP in one year, and winning 5 championships in 3 years.

Then he may pass Bird because Bird led his team to multiple rings and refused to play with Magic or MJ during his career.

Simple Jack
08-14-2010, 06:46 PM
No, actually he doesn't. Bird actually had a mid range game and was an overall better scorer (his FT and 3PT %'s dont lie). Bird rebounded the ball better, was just as good if not a better play maker and was an exceptional leader.

LeBron is a better playmaker and defender. Bird was about as complete of an offensive player as we'll ever see though.

MasterDurant24
08-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Lebron needs to do a lot and I mean he needs a couple of games where he scores 100 points, four games of him dishing out 30 plus assists, winning two regular season MVP in one year, and winning 5 championships in 3 years.

Then he may pass Bird because Bird led his team to multiple rings and refused to play with Magic or MJ during his career.
He didn't need Magic or MJ when he had Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Danny Ainge, Bill Walton, Cedric Maxwell, Nate Archibald, and Dennis Johnson at different times of his career.

Bladers
08-14-2010, 07:13 PM
God, you really love Kobe. I'm from New York, so Lebron is just a superstar to me, the way he was playing when I made that comment was out of this world. He was clearly the best in the world which I hadn't seen since Jordan. Kobe was never as good, and I now you take that as an insult, even though Kobe has no idea who you are. Why do you take it so hard when someone doesn't see Kobe in the same light as you do?

TROLL... Lebron isn't even in Kobe's level, lol.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Papaya Petee
08-14-2010, 07:21 PM

That's why LeBron has a career average of 27 points per game on 47% shooting when Bird has a career average of 24 points per game on 47% shooting? LeBron better scorer? Check

LeBron has a higher career assist average, and has a better court vision then Larry Bird. Larry Bird had more fancy no look passes, that's awesome, if your looking at a person and give him a bounce pass it's equal the same thing. LeBron a better passer\ play maker, check.

Larry Bird was a better leader? What the hell does that even mean when comparing two players individually? Yes because LeBron got to play with Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton, or Dennis Johnson :rolleyes:

Phoenix18\Whatever the hell his new account is :D :cheers: is absolutely right. People are so obsessed with NBA Legends and how "amazing" they are, that they are missing out on the very special players we have today. LeBron is a player that we might NEVER see again, and there was only ONE player like him in the past (Michael Jordan)

Papaya Petee
08-14-2010, 07:22 PM

Once again, Kobe has no idea you exist, and you *********e and finger your bunghole while thinking about him. LeBron is a better player then Kobe Bryant.

Simple Jack
08-14-2010, 07:23 PM
:facepalm

Bladers
08-14-2010, 07:23 PM
That's why LeBron has a career average of 27 points per game on 47% shooting when Bird has a career average of 24 points per game on 47% shooting? LeBron better scorer? Check

LeBron has a higher career assist average, and has a better court vision then Larry Bird. Larry Bird had more fancy no look passes, that's awesome, if your looking at a person and give him a bounce pass it's equal the same thing. LeBron a better passer\ play maker, check.

Larry Bird was a better leader? What the hell does that even mean when comparing two players individually? Yes because LeBron got to play with Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton, or Dennis Johnson :rolleyes:

Phoenix18\Whatever the hell his new account is :D :cheers: is absolutely right. People are so obsessed with NBA Legends and how "amazing" they are, that they are missing out on the very special players we have today. LeBron is a player that we might NEVER see again, and there was only ONE player like him in the past (Michael Jordan)

Lebron has only been in the league 7 years and in his prime, yet you are comparing his career average with someone who has retired with 14 years.

Papaya Petee
08-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Lebron has only been in the league 7 years and in his prime, yet you are comparing his career average with someone who has retired with 14 years.

Yeah? Too bad throughout Bird's career he's never averaged less then 20 points per game in a season. Neither has LeBron. Very fair comparison.

Bladers
08-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah? Too bad throughout Bird's career he's never averaged less then 20 points per game in a season. Neither has LeBron. Very fair comparison.

You still fail to see the point.
I'm starting to doubt if you have more than a 10 IQ.

Lebron has ONLY been in the league 7 years and is at his prime, he hasn't declined yet. When he starts declining his ppg will be ALOT lower...

Bladers
08-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Once again, Kobe has no idea you exist, and you *********e and finger your bunghole while thinking about him. LeBron is a better player then Kobe Bryant.

So I point out someone's stupidty and delusion and i get treated to some explicit comments? nice.

I bet you agree with the stupidity that "Kobe was never as good as Lebron" and that kobe "was never the best in the world" and Kobe isn't the jordan of this generation..

chips93
08-14-2010, 07:41 PM

Lebron has ONLY been in the league 7 years and is at his prime, he hasn't declined yet. When he starts declining his ppg will be ALOT lower...

lebron didnt play an years in college

bird played 4

so larry came in more developed, lebron had to develope on the job, so lebrons scoring average includes 4 years, BEFORE his peak, with a lower scoring average, while larry was only in college, so his less developes years dont come into career scoring average

catch24
08-14-2010, 07:44 PM
LeBron is a better playmaker and defender. Bird was about as complete of an offensive player as we'll ever see though.

We can agree to disagree with their play making abilities. There's no question LeBron was a better defender, you're right.

Bird also had multiple 50% shooting seasons his first 7 years in the league. LeBron does not. Forget that though. Are you seriously comparing Bird's career stats to LeBron, who's STILL in his prime? :oldlol:

Jeez... no wonder I took a break from this site.

LeBron has a higher career assist average, and has a better court vision then Larry Bird.

LeBron isn't done with his career genius. Those assist numbers WILL go down. Nevermind the fact play making isn't just based on 'assists'.

Larry Bird was a better leader? What the hell does that even mean when comparing two players individually?

Evidently you know nothing about winning.

LeBron is a player that we might NEVER see again, and there was only ONE player like him in the past (Michael Jordan)

Because Larry Bird is a player we're seeing now :rolleyes:

Papaya Petee
08-14-2010, 07:50 PM

How is LeBron in his prime for more then 1-2 years? You're acting like he came into the league 18 years old and was already in his prime. The guy will only continue to have statistically dominant seasons. Until he's even 32-33 years old he can still put up similar numbers.

As a rookie, with no jump shot, he managed to score 20 points per game, what makes you think when he will be a much smarter player, and has a 100 times better jumpshot then his rookie year he won't be a 20+ PPG scorer in his 30's?

This time answer normally, I'm done with internet dissing back and fourth.

Papaya Petee
08-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Bird also had multiple 50% shooting seasons his first 7 years in the league. LeBron does not. Forget that though. Are you seriously comparing Bird's career stats to LeBron, who's STILL in his prime? :oldlol:

LeBron isn't done with his career genius. Those assist numbers WILL go down. Nevermind the fact play making isn't just based on 'assists'.

Because Larry Bird is a player we're seeing now :rolleyes:

How many 30 PPG seasons has Larry Bird had in his first 7 years? Wait, make that his whole career? LeBron just started his prime, he's only 25 years old, he's got SO much basketball to be played.

His assists will go down? He averaged 6,7,8 assists every year with " Super teammates" such as Boobie Gibson, Mo Williams, Big Z, Donnyel Marshall. Now he gets to play with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. His assists will go up.

I compared LeBron's style of play to another persons, not Bird's.

Dirk is a poor man's Bird, just like LeBron is a poor man's Jordan.

catch24
08-14-2010, 08:07 PM
How many 30 PPG seasons has Larry Bird had in his first 7 years? Wait, make that his whole career? LeBron just started his prime, he's only 25 years old, he's got SO much basketball to be played.

Actually he's had one, in '88. 29.9ppg on 52% (shooting 91 % from the FT line and 41% from 3). Bird also grabbed 9 rebounds and dished out 6 assists. I'd take that season over LeBron's any day of the week.

His assists will go down? He averaged 6,7,8 assists every year with " Super teammates" such as Boobie Gibson, Mo Williams, Big Z, Donnyel Marshall. Now he gets to play with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. His assists will go up.

Sigh... I'm not talking about next year or a few seasons down the line. When LeBron reaches the end of his career his all around numbers, just like every other legend, will go down. This is reality, why argue otherwise?

Dirk is a poor man's Bird Other than scoring, in which case I still think Bird trashes Dirk in, he's really not a poor mans Bird. Nothing from his game resembles Bird besides the ability to hit FT's and 3PT shots. Two different players, one is Dirk Nowitzki, the other Larry Bird.

BallinSinceBirf
08-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Larry Bird = Skills & Toughness
LeBron James = Athleticism

One of those lasts into old age, the other doesn't.

/thread

Soundwave
08-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Win 4 or more titles.

Jacks3
08-15-2010, 01:18 AM
LeBron's 2009/2010 seasons>any season Bird ever had.

knightfall88
08-15-2010, 01:29 AM
carry the same franchise for his whole career... oh wait.

k-vil
08-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Lebron needs to do nothing because he is better player than Larry Bird basketball wise. But Lebron will never pass Bird's status and legacy in the NBA. Bird's hardwork and mind set plus the heart and skill what separates him from Bron. And the way Bird and Magic went against each other makes them the best.

Monkey D Dragon
08-15-2010, 01:56 AM

WOW! Im not sure if this guy is playing around or being serious but WOW!

WOW Oh my gosh WOW.

Best Post ever. WOW

Once again WOW

Epic fail :facepalm

HighFlyer23
08-15-2010, 01:58 AM
he was well on his way but I don't think it will happen now because of his "decision"

Mr. Jabbar
08-15-2010, 02:18 AM
Get off a team filled with superstars and win a chip

imlmf
08-15-2010, 02:36 AM
shut up and actually win some championships?

oh the horror
08-15-2010, 03:54 AM
Lebron has already inked in his image with his stupid antics, and courtside dancing, and other random nonsense.

Bird was a stone cold killer, with ice water in his veins. Period. THAT alone, keeps Larry's legacy leagues ahead.