PDA

View Full Version : Jennings: "ROY doesn't matter, both of their teams suck"

Yung D-Will
03-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Despite all the distractions, all the Rookie of the Year talk, all Jennings wants is a spot in the playoffs. Early in the week, Jennings raised eyebrows after going just 2-for-12 in a win over the Wizards. "My offense is just terrible right now," Jennings was quoted in the Journal-Sentinel. "I don't even know if I want to shoot the ball because things are just not going my way. I'm struggling really bad right now." That drew a sitdown with coach Scott Skiles. "We're not fond of that kind of statement," Skiles said. "We know where his heart lies." Where Jennings heart is is helping the Bucks -- currently fifth in the East -- reach the playoffs. "Right now, I'm playing for something bigger. I don't even care about the Rookie of the Year," Jennings said. "Forget it. Whoever gets it, who cares? Both of their teams suck, so whoever gets it, it doesn't matter."

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/03/09/rookie.rankings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

ProfessorMurder
03-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Hahaha Jennings rules.

scott0326
03-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Jennings swag > Yao Ming and Dwight Howard combined.

plat1numX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sdS87JdUSo

DuMa
easy to say that now. shouldve said it earlier.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
03-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Jennings swag > Yao Ming and Dwight Howard combined.

Jennings= New Charles Barkley

Tito Beasley
03-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Jennings= New Charles Barkley

without the wit.

ProfessorMurder
03-11-2010, 12:27 AM
without the wit.

+ hair

scott0326
03-11-2010, 12:29 AM
+ hair
.. And without a taco bell commercial that rocks.

ProfessorMurder
03-11-2010, 12:30 AM
.. And without a taco bell commercial that rocks.

It rocks blocking shots on guys with dreadlocks.

keep_it_real
03-11-2010, 12:32 AM
he is just saying that because there is NO way he is going to get the award :lol

and besides: curry > jennings
evans > jennings

L.Kizzle
03-11-2010, 12:33 AM
he is just saying that because there is NO way he is going to get the award :lol

and besides: curry > jennings
evans > jennings
If he drops 55 again, he'll get the award!

33teeth
03-11-2010, 12:33 AM
What is this guy, 13 years old? Sour grapes. He reeks of immaturity.

Sacramento does suck, but they beat the Bucks in their only matchup so far this year. In Milwaukee.

:confusedshrug:

WOW
03-11-2010, 12:44 AM

Sacramento does suck, but they beat the Bucks in their only matchup so far this year. In Milwaukee.

Yeah. But who's going to the playoffs? :rockon:

33teeth
03-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Yeah. But who's going to the playoffs? :rockon:

In the east? :rolleyes:

Disaprine
03-11-2010, 12:49 AM
:oldlol: jennings talking to much shit :oldlol:

thejumpa
03-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Jennings is right. Both Sacramento and Golden State suck. Milwaukee is going to the playoffs and is playing as good as anyone right now. If I was him, I wouldn't give two shits about ROY.

Jasper
03-11-2010, 12:52 AM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/03/09/rookie.rankings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

If the Op's would of looked in the team threads this was posted days ago. :D

WOW
03-11-2010, 01:01 AM

Doesn't matter. Kings are 21-43. East, West, whatever. That's just a sh!tty record. Jennings can talk.

kkling
03-11-2010, 01:10 AM
People actually think this is a good thing? Easy to say this now, when there's no way he'll win.

steve
03-11-2010, 01:24 AM
They still have one of the best 16 records, what's your point?

ILLsmak
03-11-2010, 01:29 AM
yea he can talk, but it's sad because later on in their career when people look at their nba.com biography page it'll say "rookie of the year." That's when it matters... not now. It could be said their lotto bound teams are positioning themselves for the future where as Jennings and his squad are in that middle area that no one wants to be... and going to swiftly exit the playoffs.

Still, my ROY goes to Jennings. Wins > stats. I hope he at least gets some votes, but with the way his percentages are... probably not.

-Smak

Brujesino
03-11-2010, 01:29 AM
jennings is right

i like that he speaks his mind

lpublic_enemyl
03-11-2010, 01:30 AM
It rocks blocking shots on guys with dreadlocks.
lmao

dirkdiggler41
03-11-2010, 03:01 AM
yea he can talk, but it's sad because later on in their career when people look at their nba.com biography page it'll say "rookie of the year." That's when it matters... not now. It could be said their lotto bound teams are positioning themselves for the future where as Jennings and his squad are in that middle area that no one wants to be... and going to swiftly exit the playoffs.

Still, my ROY goes to Jennings. Wins > stats. I hope he at least gets some votes, but with the way his percentages are... probably not.

-Smak

Mike Miller, rookie of the year.

DeuceWallaces
03-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Personally, I like his attitude.

Just2Clutch
03-11-2010, 03:06 AM
Jennings is correct that both Evans and Curry's team are quite horrendous...That being said, Jennings is not the main reason for why the Bucks are winning games and more importantly winning more than both the Kings and the Warriors...Andrew Bogut stepping up into being an elite center is the reason behind the Bucks success.

bdreason
03-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Evans or Curry would be just as good or better on that Bucks team. Jennings isn't the reason the Bucks are in the playoffs; that honor belongs to Bogut and Salmons (even Delfino over Jennings). If anything, they are winning in spite of Jennings right now.

Of course he doesn't care about ROY anymore... because he isn't winning it. That 55 point game was probably the worst thing that could have happened to Jennings.

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Jennings is right. Both Sacramento and Golden State suck. Milwaukee is going to the playoffs and is playing as good as anyone right now. If I was him, I wouldn't give two shits about ROY.

if sac and golden state were in the east they would be in the playoffs to. He's just mad hes' about to get ZERO votes for rookie of the year.

Lol how can some people say Jennings should get it. He has been playing horrendous shooting 35 percent on the season.
Gaines who got pulled up from the dleauge by utah, who hit the game winner against Cavs should get more votes then that scrub. Scoring 55 once then disappearing doesn't mean much. Take him of bucks and they do the same if not better

kentatm
03-11-2010, 03:36 AM

exactly.

you stick them in the West playing those teams, they wouldnt stand a chance at that many wins.

Kingsfans818
03-11-2010, 04:15 AM

truth, probably should also consider that the game was because of a Tyreke Evans game winner with time expiring...

Lyoto15
03-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Im liking this guy more and more.

The best part about this is, he's actually right !

artest 93
03-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Collison's team is doing well, too, so what is this loser talking about? He's going by flawed logic because he isn't even the most important player on his team. He's a big part of it, but he's not the most important. Going by that, we have a number of rookies (Nuggets, Hornets, OKC) who also seem to be playoff-bound (or close), but they are not the most important players on their team.

Jennings is a sore loser and if he keeps this attitude up, he's going to be getting a lot of punishment. The guy lies to himself all the time, changing his mind every 5 minutes about the award.

"Whoever plays better, than he deserves it. I don't want to share it"
"If we make the playoffs, I should get it..."
"I don't want it :cry: "

I would take the Kings over the Bucks in a 7 game series. The Bucks SUCK, just like the eastern conference. It's harsh to say because "they're all professionals", but the fact is that it is significantly easier out East than it is out West. We have so many teams out west who would be in the 5th-8th seeds in the East, it's not even funny.

Jennings will be abused by his fellow draft mates for many years to come, specifically Curry and Evans. Bullied by Evans until he's bruised and crying to the media.

alenleomessi
03-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Collison's team is doing well, too, so what is this loser talking about? He's going by flawed logic because he isn't even the most important player on his team. He's a big part of it, but he's not the most important. Going by that, we have a number of rookies (Nuggets, Hornets, OKC) who also seem to be playoff-bound (or close), but they are not the most important players on their team.

Jennings is a sore loser and if he keeps this attitude up, he's going to be getting a lot of punishment. The guy lies to himself all the time, changing his mind every 5 minutes about the award.

I would take the Kings over the Bucks in a 7 game series. The Bucks SUCK, just like the eastern conference. It's harsh to say because "they're all professionals", but the fact is that it is significantly easier out East than it is out West. We have so many teams out west who would be in the 5th-8th seeds in the East, it's not even funny.

Jennings will be abused by his fellow draft mates for many years to come, specifically Curry and Evans. Bullied by Evans until he's bruised and crying to the media.
This:rockon:

Kiddlovesnets
03-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Hehe sure NBA wont hand the title of ROY to someone who shoots 36% from the field.

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 07:02 AM

Lmao couldnt have said it any better
i never seen the crying smiley used so perfect lmaoo

Shepseskaf
03-11-2010, 07:03 AM
If he drops 55 again, he'll get the award!
No he won't. Its now very obvious that both Tyreke and Curry are superior players, and even if Jennings had another insane night, it wouldn't change much.

To be honest, I question if he'll ever get 55 again in his career. Its beginning to look like that game was one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments, because he hasn't come close to it since. Shooting the low percentage that he does, he'll never be a dominant scorer in the league.

Jennings should keep his trap shut until he gets his house in order. He wasn't talking about the ROY "not mattering" just after the 55-pt game.

lukekarts
03-11-2010, 07:15 AM

He's a starting rookie that has taken his team to more wins than last season in 20 less games, and right into the playoff hunt. I haven't looked at the figures in detail but I reckon of all the teams that drafted in the top 10, Milwaukee have made the biggest improvement in number of wins.

And please remember, this team has lost Redd for another season, traded Jefferson (who played well there, 19ppg on 46%) for next to nothing, and only recently acquired John Salmons (who, let's face it, is just a role player).

You can hate on his fg% all you like but he has lead that team to where it is now, by being a proper point guard - running the team, making plays, not turning over the ball too much. I can guarantee Bogut's increased production is a direct result of having a true point guard (not Ridnour) making that possible.

Deadpool
03-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Good for him really. "Best point guard in the draft"

Mamba
03-11-2010, 08:59 AM
i don't see the problem with jennings. 16 pts, 6 assists and 4 rebounds. i don't care about his % id like this guy on my NBA team. especially since bogut has been playing well since jennings got there and redd left i don't think its a coincidence the guy has rubbed off onto other players.

if he was shooting at 45% would we be having this discussion? no, rookies average bad %'s its always been true lebron carmelo and kobe averaged 42% and under for there rookie seasons. what they shot a whole 6% better when they were main cogs in there rookie seasons (cept kobe) come on man.

the kid will bounce back, he's playing exactly how a pg should play, he's helping his team get to the playoffs and he's not taking shit from any players (garnett)

LA_Showtime
03-11-2010, 09:34 AM
i'm sick of twitter. it makes a lot of these guys (jennings and cdr in particular) look really stupid. they should just shut up, get in the gym, and play basketball.

Knicks101
03-11-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't get why people are giving Jennings props for this. He sounds like a crybaby weenie to me.

phoenix18
03-11-2010, 10:06 AM
exactly.

you stick them in the West playing those teams, they wouldnt stand a chance at that many wins.

Its not as simple as that. You cant just say if this team was in the west.....

If the Bucks were still in the West they would be familiar with those teams and that makes a difference.

Brandon Roy
03-11-2010, 11:13 AM
lol I like it.

I don't see what the problem is.

Let's say his shooting percentage were in the mid 40's. Let's say he said something along the lines of wanting the ROY. People would still hate on him and say that he's selfish for wanting an individual award.

But because he said that he doesn't care about ROY and he just cares about winning, he's a bad guy? That makes no sense whatsoever. That's the attitude that every coach wants.

I'm not sure if you guys have watched the Warriors and Kings this season, but they're not good teams. He's right; those 2 teams suck. No denying that.

Jennings is a rare type of NBA player - an honest one. I may not always like it, but I respect it.

dallaslonghorn
03-11-2010, 11:35 AM

Andrew Bogut alone would be enough to beat Sacramento ... Spencer Hawes is going to stick him.

And get out of here with Stephen "there's not a player in the NBA I will be able to guard on defense" Curry :oldlol:

falc39
03-11-2010, 12:58 PM
it's obvious he wants ROY because he seems to be the rookie who keeps yabbering about it since the start of the season. yeah dude, keep telling us you dont want it. who you trying to convince? lol

tontoz
03-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Jennings is correct that both Evans and Curry's team are quite horrendous...That being said, Jennings is not the main reason for why the Bucks are winning games and more importantly winning more than both the Kings and the Warriors...Andrew Bogut stepping up into being an elite center is the reason behind the Bucks success.

Given his quote i think he is aware of that..

"My offense is just terrible right now," Jennings was quoted in the Journal-Sentinel. "I don't even know if I want to shoot the ball because things are just not going my way. I'm struggling really bad right now."

Pretty honest. I like his honesty but it probably won't last.

SRZ66
03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
am i the only one who is not one bit impressed with this chucking ballhog? he's just a squirly goofball who had one good game. he shoots 35% fg!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Knicks101
03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
am i the only one who is not one bit impressed with this chucking ballhog? he's just a squirly goofball who had one good game. he shoots 35% fg!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I was saying the same thing even before he had his 55 point game. Now other people are finally starting to realize it. He isn't anything special, he's good but not somebody I would want running my team into the future.

fubu05
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Andrew Bogut alone would be enough to beat Sacramento ... Spencer Hawes is going to stick him.

And get out of here with Stephen "there's not a player in the NBA I will be able to guard on defense" Curry :oldlol:

Woops, lemme fix that for you.

Stephen "there's not a player in the NBA that will be able to guard me on defense" Curry

I agree, no one will be able to guard him in a couple of years. :applause: :rockon:

"Jesus"
03-11-2010, 01:57 PM

55 points says halo thar.
i kid.

Pursuer
03-11-2010, 02:04 PM
What's the difference between not making the playoffs and getting swept in the first round? I don't get it.

33teeth
03-11-2010, 02:12 PM
lol I like it.

I don't see what the problem is.

Let's say his shooting percentage were in the mid 40's. Let's say he said something along the lines of wanting the ROY. People would still hate on him and say that he's selfish for wanting an individual award.

But because he said that he doesn't care about ROY and he just cares about winning, he's a bad guy? That makes no sense whatsoever. That's the attitude that every coach wants.

I'm not sure if you guys have watched the Warriors and Kings this season, but they're not good teams. He's right; those 2 teams suck. No denying that.

Jennings is a rare type of NBA player - an honest one. I may not always like it, but I respect it.

Meh. Rather than thinking this is honesty, I think he's full of it. He wanted ROY but he's just not very good right now. And... nobody's denying that the Kings and Warriors suck. They suck. That's not Evans' or Curry's fault.

ChuckOakley
03-11-2010, 02:28 PM
What's the difference between not making the playoffs and getting swept in the first round? I don't get it.
Right... I mean what's the difference from being projecting as one of the worst teams in the NBA to being in the playoffs right now as the 5th seed?

Also, while we're at it what's the point in even being in the playoffs if you can't win the title.. only Cleveland, LAL, Denver, Orlando and Dallas should be allowed in the playoffs.

Developing a winning environment and improving as a team is so overrated....

CaminoChaos
03-11-2010, 02:36 PM

-Smak

In that case Melo should have won ROY over LBJ in 03-04. He took his team to the playoffs in a far superior Western Conference.

Anyone who has watched Reke as much as me would know how truely special this guy is. He is a lockdown defender, can get to the basket at will and can create for his teammates.

BTW....Tyreke demolished both Curry and Jennings this season.

OhNoTimNoSho
03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Wow so many idiots in this thread. Whatever playoff experience Jennings gets will be much more valuable than an award in the long run. Despite the wording, he was just pointing out his priorities: Playoff run > individual accomplishments. How can you hate on that if you're a rational person? Wait you can't.

WorldWarriors
03-11-2010, 03:27 PM
In that case Melo should have won ROY over LBJ in 03-04. He took his team to the playoffs in a far superior Western Conference.

Anyone who has watched Reke as much as me would know how truely special this guy is. He is a lockdown defender, can get to the basket at will and can create for his teammates.

BTW....Tyreke demolished both Curry and Jennings this season.

Tyreke didn't destroy Curry. Go back and check the stats.

Unless you mean just by virtue of having ROY on lock.

imdaman99
03-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Evans or Curry would be just as good or better on that Bucks team. Jennings isn't the reason the Bucks are in the playoffs; that honor belongs to Bogut and Salmons (even Delfino over Jennings). If anything, they are winning in spite of Jennings right now.

Of course he doesn't care about ROY anymore... because he isn't winning it. That 55 point game was probably the worst thing that could have happened to Jennings.
Agreed. The Bucks are making the playoffs IN SPITE of Jennings' pretty crappy numbers. He is not their best player, he might be their most inconsistent player. So he can say out loud that the other 2 teams suck but he sounds like a baby that got slapped in the mouth for hitting his mom at the toys store for not buying him his 5th Power Rangers toy of the week, and than saying oh I didn't really want it anyway, Blue Ranger is the crappiest one.

ProfessorMurder
03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Right... I mean what's the difference from being projecting as one of the worst teams in the NBA to being in the playoffs right now as the 5th seed?

Also, while we're at it what's the point in even being in the playoffs if you can't win the title.. only Cleveland, LAL, Denver, Orlando and Dallas should be allowed in the playoffs.

Developing a winning environment and improving as a team is so overrated....

:applause:

Seriously man, every post of yours is dead on.

rosonviyavong
03-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Somewhat agree

artest 93
03-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Wow so many idiots in this thread. Whatever playoff experience Jennings gets will be much more valuable than an award in the long run. Despite the wording, he was just pointing out his priorities: Playoff run > individual accomplishments. How can you hate on that if you're a rational person? Wait you can't.

You're the idiot, idiot. You are trying translate Jennings' word to something else, especially since it's obvious he's hurt by the fact that he has ZERO chance of winning the award. His opinion about the award has changed throughout the year. Is that a coincidence? Logic says no, dumbshit. He's also not just saying he doesn't care for the award, he's attacking the other candidates who are better NBA/basketball players than he is and their respective teams.

That's like McCain saying that being the president is stupid if your country is in a financial crisis, and that he doesn't want to be president of a country that elects his opponent and his flawed philosophy/agendas anyway. It's purely an insecure, sore loser's attitude.

About that experience crap: Evans can just say that he was a leader of a team in his rookie season and his experience will benefit him plenty, especially since he's playing in the WC. Maybe he'll be a better leader next year? :confusedshrug: Lawson and Harden can gloat about their playoff experience, too. Sure, it's great, but again has nothing to do with what Jennings has done as an individual.

Let's be clear: stat-padding (Ellis, Kevin Martin) is offensive to everyone in the NBA, including teammates, but what Evans and Curry have done is far from it. They have clearly shown/displayed a positive impact, far more than Jennings has and that is why he is upset. This is a real-life scenario where one can actually ask, after what Jennings has said, "You mad?"

artest 93
03-11-2010, 04:39 PM

One of the worst teams (in the WC) vs. a 5th seed in the EC.

Despite how people try to twist it, playing the Nuggets, Blazers, Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs, Thunder, Jazz, Hornets, Suns 3-4 times a year is much harder than what the East has to offer. Than there's the Rockets, Grizzlies, and Hornets who aren't far behind. The tougher competition is out west and it is undeniable.

If Jennings was the most important player on his team and was playing out west, holding the 5th seed, believe me, he'll get his props. He'd probably get MVP considerations, just like Kevin Durant.

We have Nash-Amare-Richardson and Duncan-Parker-Ginobli trying to compete for the 5th seed. Nuff said. They'd be "elites" in the east, only "guaranteed" to be below Cavs/Magic.

Diesel J
03-11-2010, 04:47 PM
exactly.

Sac and Golden state have terrible records vs the East also

ChuckOakley
03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
One of the worst teams (in the WC) vs. a 5th seed in the EC.

Despite how people try to twist it, playing the Nuggets, Blazers, Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs, Thunder, Jazz, Hornets, Suns 3-4 times a year is much harder than what the East has to offer. Than there's the Rockets, Grizzlies, and Hornets who aren't far behind. The tougher competition is out west and it is undeniable.

If Jennings was the most important player on his team and was playing out west, holding the 5th seed, believe me, he'll get his props. He'd probably get MVP considerations, just like Kevin Durant.

We have Nash-Amare-Richardson and Duncan-Parker-Ginobli trying to compete for the 5th seed. Nuff said. They'd be "elites" in the east, only "guaranteed" to be below Cavs/Magic.
I don't see your point.

I'm not saying he should be ROY
I'm not comparing the East to the West

I'm simply refuting a poster's ridiculous statement that Milwaukee's success (and thus Jennings' success) should be dismissed since he sees no difference between a 1st round loss and not making the playoffs.

The Bucks were projected to be among the worst in the league. They've lost Redd, they've lost Sessions, they lost RJ, they lost CV, etc....

Yet somehow with a rookie PG they are in the middle of the playoff pack.
Jennings has a lot to do with that... Bogut has a lot to do with that too.. but at the same time the guy has been on this team for years and has not improved exponentially.. he's simply healthy, consistent, modestly improved and yes, their best player. But w/o Jennings I don't see this team a 5 seed in the playoffs.

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 06:19 PM
You're the idiot, idiot. You are trying translate Jennings' word to something else, especially since it's obvious he's hurt by the fact that he has ZERO chance of winning the award. His opinion about the award has changed throughout the year. Is that a coincidence? Logic says no, dumbshit. He's also not just saying he doesn't care for the award, he's attacking the other candidates who are better NBA/basketball players than he is and their respective teams.

That's like McCain saying that being the president is stupid if your country is in a financial crisis, and that he doesn't want to be president of a country that elects his opponent and his flawed philosophy/agendas anyway. It's purely an insecure, sore loser's attitude.

About that experience crap: Evans can just say that he was a leader of a team in his rookie season and his experience will benefit him plenty, especially since he's playing in the WC. Maybe he'll be a better leader next year? :confusedshrug: Lawson and Harden can gloat about their playoff experience, too. Sure, it's great, but again has nothing to do with what Jennings has done as an individual.

Let's be clear: stat-padding (Ellis, Kevin Martin) is offensive to everyone in the NBA, including teammates, but what Evans and Curry have done is far from it. They have clearly shown/displayed a positive impact, far more than Jennings has and that is why he is upset. This is a real-life scenario where one can actually ask, after what Jennings has said, "You mad?"
This

OhNoTimNoSho
03-11-2010, 06:53 PM

Oh yeah you totally got Jennings figured out from a psychological standpoint. NOT! Cmon man you can't prove any of that, its just speculation. Why would he be hurt, or even be thinking about it, when the team he is leading is about to make a playoff run.

And you really think playoff experience is crap? That whole paragraph is some convoluted mumbo jumbo from the mind of an angry person. I stopped reading after that.

Ian
03-11-2010, 09:12 PM
if sac and golden state were in the east they would be in the playoffs to.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

No. No they would not. Not even close. You've got to be crazy to think either of these teams are good enough to make the playoffs in either conference. They suck--no shame in admitting that.

Jennings runs the Bucks offense very well. They would not be the same without him. I don't believe they would have this good of a record without him. However, that being said, he's obviously not the key to this team. That's Andrew Bogut.

Most importantly...the Bucks are currently the 5 seed in the east. Playoffs are all that matter at this point.

Rekindled
03-11-2010, 09:24 PM
jennings twitter: Watching the Bird and Magic Story. That was deep. To bad it can be like that now.

MK2V1GP
03-11-2010, 09:25 PM

Agreed. You'd think someone who just up and went overseas on his own at the age of 18 and lived in a foreign country for a whole year by yourself, might come back a little grown up. I used to follow him on Twitter, but he's so damn annoying and tries so hard to be a "gangsta"

I liked the pick when MIL selected him, and I liked him the first few weeks, but the more and more I saw of him, the more and more I got turned off.

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 09:26 PM
http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

No. No they would not. Not even close. You've got to be crazy to think either of these teams are good enough to make the playoffs in either conference. They suck--no shame in admitting that.

Jennings runs the Bucks offense very well. They would not be the same without him. I don't believe they would have this good of a record without him. However, that being said, he's obviously not the key to this team. That's Andrew Bogut.

Most importantly...the Bucks are currently the 5 seed in the east. Playoffs are all that matter at this point.

10 years from now are people going to remeber what rookie had his team in the layoggs. Or what rookie won rookie of the year? Theirs no point in arguing with a guy who has a Jennings avatar he must be a realtive or something.

Golden state would make it if they were in the east. Their record might not be good against east teams because no matter what happens they go to come back to the west coast and get stomped out every where. And didnt Sacramento beat Milwaukee in the only game on the season?

Seymour Glass
03-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Jennings is carrying the team as a rookie and doing it with swagger. He is quickly becoming my favoirte player in the league between his style, flare, and honesty with the press.

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Agreed. You'd think someone who just up and went overseas on his own at the age of 18 and lived in a foreign country for a whole year by yourself, might come back a little grown up. I used to follow him on Twitter, but he's so damn annoying and tries so hard to be a "gangsta"

I liked the pick when MIL selected him, and I liked him the first few weeks, but the more and more I saw of him, the more and more I got turned off.
Lmao you got to say No Homo after that

keep_it_real
03-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Woops, lemme fix that for you.

Stephen "there's not a player in the NBA that will be able to guard me on defense" Curry

I agree, no one will be able to guard him in a couple of years. :applause: :rockon:

haha well put sir :lol

MK2V1GP
03-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Lmao you got to say No Homo after that

No. Not really. Only immature 14-year olds would think that way and not realize my point. :D

bisk
03-11-2010, 09:32 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/1687784.gif

Freshprince619
03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
No. Not really. Only immature 14-year olds would think that way and not realize my point. :D

I got your point but regardless saying you got turned off by a man is homo.

adamcz
03-11-2010, 09:40 PM
No he won't. Its now very obvious that both Tyreke and Curry are superior players, and even if Jennings had another insane night, it wouldn't change much.
It's not obvious who's better than who. Jennings has fewer points and a lower fg%... but he also has more assists and fewer turnovers than both those guys. It will take years to answer the question of who's really better.

jbot
03-11-2010, 09:46 PM
i liked this kid ever since he said ta hell with college and went overseas.

adamcz
03-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Jennings is carrying the team as a rookie
Bogut is carrying the team. He's the best player, and there's no close 2nd. After Bogut, you could argue that all sorts of guys are the next most important. After all, the Bucks' offense is below average, and they're winning because of their elite defense. That's Bogut and Moute's doing. Ridnour, Delfino, Salmons, and Jennings have all been nice supporting players as well.

Ian
03-11-2010, 10:00 PM
10 years from now are people going to remeber what rookie had his team in the layoggs. Or what rookie won rookie of the year? Theirs no point in arguing with a guy who has a Jennings avatar he must be a realtive or something.

Haha, relative? Or maybe a Milwaukee Bucks fan. Who knows.

I agree with you that the rookie of the year will remembered as just that: the one who won the ROY award. I'm not arguing that.

Golden state would make it if they were in the east. Their record might not be good against east teams because no matter what happens they go to come back to the west coast and get stomped out every where. And didnt Sacramento beat Milwaukee in the only game on the season?

Yes they beat them. Months ago. This is an entirely different team now.

I see both Golden State and Sacramento as possible teams on the rise (in the next few years) They each have some nice young pieces (Curry, Morrow, Randolph, T. Evans, Casspi, Landry, etc) They're just not playoff contenders this year, whereas the Bucks are. That's all I'm saying.

MK2V1GP
03-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I got your point but regardless saying you got turned off by a man is homo.

Once again, you're showing how immature your little mind is working lol. I guess thats expected from a 14-yaer old though, all they think about is sexual stuff :D

itsGameTime
03-11-2010, 10:42 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/1687784.gif

Bisk, I have a gif request for Jennings talking trash to KG after the Bucks/Celtics game.

Youtube link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeOBsWBZbGc

(28-30 seconds in)

Bigsmoke
03-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Jennings needs to take it to the whole more.

MiseryCityTexas
03-12-2010, 07:50 AM
i liked this kid ever since he said ta hell with college and went overseas.

it was also funny how brandon jennings told joe budden **** the knicks, and that they will always suck. jennings was just mad because the knicks didn't draft him, but it was still funny the way jennings spoke his mind.

GOBB
03-12-2010, 08:08 AM
I liked this kid ever since the throwback box. :bowdown:

mcgeorge
03-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Jennings needs to take it to the hole more.

This.

One thing that infuriates me about Jennings is him settling for a step back three instead of just taking his man and getting fouled. He will learn at some point.

TheOne
03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
IF Jennings played as many minutes as Tyreke, he should be 18/7/4 on a winning team. That's ROY to me.

bisk
03-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Bisk, I have a gif request for Jennings talking trash to KG after the Bucks/Celtics game.

Youtube link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeOBsWBZbGc

(28-30 seconds in)

http://i41.tinypic.com/104mdee.gif
:cheers:

CaminoChaos
03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Tyreke didn't destroy Curry. Go back and check the stats.

Unless you mean just by virtue of having ROY on lock.

Yeah....it's all about the stats. But if you want to go by stats Curry had 2 good games against the Kings. Reke was solid in all 4 games. I think there is more to it. Tyreke is a far better defender than Curry and physically more dominate than most of the guards in the league.

Diesel J
03-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Jennings was solid vs Utah tonight and his team got another win:applause:

itsGameTime
03-13-2010, 12:40 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/104mdee.gif
:cheers:

haha nice! thanks bro :cheers:

Bigsmoke
03-13-2010, 12:42 AM
The Kings will not stay garbage team for long.

Ian
03-13-2010, 03:03 PM
The Kings will not stay garbage team for long.

They've got some great pieces right now: Evans, Casspi, Thompson, Landry.

Land a great player in the draft....Wall? Turner? Wes Johnson?

They'll likely be a lot better next year. They showed flashes of a great team early in the season.

Samurai Swoosh
03-13-2010, 03:06 PM

Exactly ...

Samurai Swoosh
03-13-2010, 03:12 PM
The fact that Curry and Evans play on worse teams in the WEST, doesn't change the fact that both Curry and Evans are better players than Jennings.

LMAO @ people acting like Bucks playoff birth and great play is directly proportioned to how well Jennings plays. The team has been just fine with him playing like utter dog shit the past month and half to two months.

Evans is easily a better ball player. You put Evans on that Bucks team and you know how good they'd be?

Hell, even Curry would have more of an impact.

GOBB
03-13-2010, 03:23 PM
The fact that Curry and Evans play on worse teams in the WEST, doesn't change the fact that both Curry and Evans are better players than Jennings.

LMAO @ people acting like Bucks playoff birth and great play is directly proportioned to how well Jennings plays. The team has been just fine with him playing like utter dog shit the past month and half to two months.

Evans is easily a better ball player. You put Evans on that Bucks team and you know how good they'd be?

Hell, even Curry would have more of an impact.

Based on what? Neither are impacting thier respective teams yet somehow they would Milw Bucks? Why? How? surely it cant because you're a fan who looks at thier record today and says "Wow winner winner chicken dinner, the same would apply if Evans/Curry played even MORESO". No one projected, saw the Bucks record being what it is today. No one expected them to play how they have for the most part this season. By no one that doesnt include Bucks homers. I'd venture to say even Bucks fans are impressed, and surprised at where they are today. But not you Samuri? Oh no, you saw this. :rolleyes:

And saying Jennings played like dog shyt is false. Last time you watched him play defense? His offense? Yes you're right the past month and change its been dog shyt and even Jennings admits that. But to think he doesnt do anything else on the team? Ridiculous. I dont claim to have seen every game in Milw nor every game during his dredful offensive performance. But I have watched him in a handful and the thing that stands out is his defensive pressure on the court.

You want to say Evans/Curry are better players? By all means, have at it. But dont go acting like these 2 players in Jennings shoes would have impacted the team any more than he has. Thats just a clear case of a fan lookin at "stats" and pretending to form valid arguments from it. :no:

Samurai Swoosh
03-13-2010, 03:38 PM
You want to say Evans/Curry are better players? By all means, have at it. But dont go acting like these 2 players in Jennings shoes would have impacted the team any more than he has. Thats just a clear case of a fan lookin at "stats" and pretending to form valid arguments from it. :no:
Because they both have legit cases for being better players. And this has nothing to do with purely looking at stats. The only remotely positive court contribution you gave me for Jennings was his "pressure" defense. All this while the Bucks have been on the run they've been having.

Tyreke Evans is a natural better defender than Jennings has ever been. So yes, it's quite clear you plug in Evans in for Jennings, and Evans has a significantly greater impact on a team that has superior players on its roster, vastly superior NBA coaching, etc. You've got to be kidding me to act like thats a ridiculous statement to make. It's quite obvious Evans is a superior player. So therefore the natural logic being, superior player thus superior impact.

Curry, is a bit more of a stretch, but as of right now he's been playing much better than Jennings on an individual level as well. Jennings is a lesser role player in comparison to Curry. All Jennings is being asked to do is run the offense, play defense because he's obviously not being able to do things on the court at will with the ball to impact his team in a "go to guy" type manner.

So yes, it's quite easy to assume with Curry's addittional impact on offense, especially with a low block presence like Bogut, he's be able to add significant offensive impact to the Bucks that you're not getting from Jennings. And defensively, Curry is no slouch either. And with a guy like Skiles riding him, everyone's capable of playing better defense. That's why Skiles team's are so successful. We'll see how long given Jennings ridiculous attitude how long he'll stay playing focus energized defense. Then you'll see what type of natural defender he is ... cause otherwise, it's a direct outcome of Skiles manner of coaching.

mcgeorge
03-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Yo, there is a REASON why Curry and Evans got drafted ahead of Jennings.

That being said, Jennings is looking like he will be right up there with those guys even though he doesn't have the size of Evans or the shooting ability of Curry.

GOBB
03-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Because they both have legit cases for being better players. And this has nothing to do with purely looking at stats. The only remotely positive court contribution you gave me for Jennings was his "pressure" defense. All this while the Bucks have been on the run they've been having.

Tyreke Evans is a natural better defender than Jennings has ever been. So yes, it's quite clear you plug in Evans in for Jennings, and Evans has a significantly greater impact on a team that has superior players on its roster, vastly superior NBA coaching, etc. You've got to be kidding me to act like thats a ridiculous statement to make. It's quite obvious Evans is a superior player. So therefore the natural logic being, superior player thus superior impact.

Curry, is a bit more of a stretch, but as of right now he's been playing much better than Jennings on an individual level as well. Jennings is a lesser role player in comparison to Curry. All Jennings is being asked to do is run the offense, play defense because he's obviously not being able to do things on the court at will with the ball to impact his team in a "go to guy" type manner.

So yes, it's quite easy to assume with Curry's addittional impact on offense, especially with a low block presence like Bogut, he's be able to add significant offensive impact to the Bucks that you're not getting from Jennings. And defensively, Curry is no slouch either. And with a guy like Skiles riding him, everyone's capable of playing better defense. That's why Skiles team's are so successful. We'll see how long given Jennings ridiculous attitude how long he'll stay playing focus energized defense. Then you'll see what type of natural defender he is ... cause otherwise, it's a direct outcome of Skiles manner of coaching.

Jennings is a PG. He handles the duties of a PG. The "go to guy" stuff conflicts with the role he is playing. Its silly to assume Evans and Curry would impact the Bucks more. This team believe it or not is overachieving. But again you knew that? To think these 2 rookies come in on a team like the Bucks and impact them more than what Jennings has is silly. Their not impacting thier respective teams. What makes the Bucks any better than the Kings and Warriors minus the 3 rookies we're discussing? What?

GSW 17-44
Sac 22-47

Milw 35-29, 2nd in the division currently a 5th seed if playoffs started today. DO NOT READ this as me implying Jennings made this possible. What I'm saying if to think Curry or Evans makes makes Milw even better than what we see today with Jennings? Is silly. Flat out. They are not impacting the Bucks any more than what Jennings has. Could you argue Evans puts up better stats than what Jenning shas the past month and change? Yes. Does it automatically mean it would impact the Bucks more and result into wins? No. Same with Curry.

I'm not here to argue Jennings > Curry/Evans as a player. Just impact Curry/Evans would have on Milw if they were there in place of Jennings.

Yo, there is a REASON why Curry and Evans got drafted ahead of Jennings.

Same reason Thabeet was drafted over all 3? Pau Gasoft argument there.

falc39
03-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Jennings is a PG. He handles the duties of a PG. The "go to guy" stuff conflicts with the role he is playing. Its silly to assume Evans and Curry would impact the Bucks more. This team believe it or not is overachieving. But again you knew that? To think these 2 rookies come in on a team like the Bucks and impact them more than what Jennings has is silly. Their not impacting thier respective teams. What makes the Bucks any better than the Kings and Warriors minus the 3 rookies we're discussing? What?

GSW 17-44
Sac 22-47

Milw 35-29, 2nd in the division currently a 5th seed if playoffs started today. DO NOT READ this as me implying Jennings made this possible. What I'm saying if to think Curry or Evans makes makes Milw even better than what we see today with Jennings? Is silly. Flat out. They are not impacting the Bucks any more than what Jennings has. Could you argue Evans puts up better stats than what Jenning shas the past month and change? Yes. Does it automatically mean it would impact the Bucks more and result into wins? No. Same with Curry.

I'm not here to argue Jennings > Curry/Evans as a player. Just impact Curry/Evans would have on Milw if they were there in place of Jennings.

Actually they could. Really know one knows these kind of situations. Evans is averaging 5.5 ast with vastly less superior players. Their is a mile of difference between andrew bogut and spencer hawes. Then there is Jason thompson and omri casspi, two very young players who seem to have hit their sophmore and rookie walls. The kings are just a much younger team and they literally have no experience. So you are saying that reke couldn't avg 6 ast (jenning's avg, only .5 more than evans currently) and run the offense with a more and better and experienced team? Also, it can be argued that john salmons is the reason for the bucks playing so well. It's when he arrived they started winning. I really think you guys give jennings way too much credit when the reality is that he was just put in a much better team situation than the other two rookies we are talking about. The bucks made really good moves over the past year. they got rid of jefferson who is now over on the spurs making them worse. they got rid of chucker redd and added a solid veteran roleplayer in salmons (who's capable of avg 19ppg).

As for curry, he offers something jennings doesn't, he can actually shoot consistently and is a deadeye shooter from anywhere. For someone like andrew bogut, that would be huge. he may even increase bogut's effectiveness by spreading the floor so well. I think his numbers are a little inflated by playing in nelson's system, but it's hard to deny the talent of this kid.

Of course taking players off of teams and trying to predict how well they would do on other teams is pretty much pure speculation, but to say that there is no chance they can be as effective as jennings is just not true if you look at each of their situations.

GOBB
03-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Actually they could. Really know one knows these kind of situations. Evans is averaging 5.5 ast with vastly less superior players

Evans also dominates the ball and looks to score. Thus getting criticism of being someone who is hogging the rock.

So you are saying that reke couldn't avg 6 ast (jenning's avg, only .5 more than evans currently) and run the offense with a more and better and experienced team?

Evans cant run an offense like a PG which is why he is a SG. Which is why Kevin Martin is an Ex King. I dont see his ast avg going up that much in Milw.

Also, it can be argued that john salmons is the reason for the bucks playing so well. It's when he arrived they started winning.

Not sure the point of this.

I really think you guys give jennings way too much credit when the reality is that he was just put in a much better team situation than the other two rookies we are talking about.

I'm givng him the proper credit. When in reality he does things neither Evans nor Curry does or is asked to do. Run a team at both ends. Curry is in a system where its run and gun. You have the green light all the time. There is no mystery why opposing teams put up alot of pts as do players have big scoring nights against them. Who did Jennings drop 55 on? Just curious. Evans is a talented scorer and doing what he does. I dont see replacing Jennings with him this team improves much more than what we have seen. Milw is overachieving. There is a reason why no one saw them with this record and the position they are in today. Seems like fans expected it, so you add a Evans and it should better it. No.

As for curry, he offers something jennings doesn't, he can actually shoot consistently and is a deadeye shooter from anywhere. For someone like andrew bogut, that would be huge. he may even increase bogut's effectiveness by spreading the floor so well. I think his numbers are a little inflated by playing in nelson's system, but it's hard to deny the talent of this kid.

I dont deny the kids talent. Never did. We're talkin about the impact these two would have on Milw vs Jennings. Can Curry run a pick n roll with Bogut and it be successful? I've seen Jennings do it. Curry can shoot well, but who is running the team? Curry? Good luck.

Of course taking players off of teams and trying to predict how well they would do on other teams is pretty much pure speculation, but to say that there is no chance they can be as effective as jennings is just not true if you look at each of their situations.

Never said they wouldnt be as effective as Jennings. I said they wouldnt impact the Milw Bucks more. Mil wouldnt win more games with Curry/Evans for them impacting the team more if they were there and not Jennings. Thats what I am saying. If anything you said was right in your post, its "pure speculation".

falc39
03-13-2010, 05:50 PM
I dont see replacing Jennings with him this team improves much more than what we have seen. Milw is overachieving. There is a reason why no one saw them with this record and the position they are in today.
Yes, but how much of the improvement was really jennings? the bucks made a lot of moves and they have a former 1st pick 7 footer really coming into his own. he's avg 2.5 blocks than he did last season. i'm pretty sure if given enough words some people can spin it and give credit to jennings for increasing his block avg too. how much credit can we give jennings to MIL's overachieving?

Never said they wouldnt be as effective as Jennings. I said they wouldnt impact the Milw Bucks more. Mil wouldnt win more games with Curry/Evans for them impacting the team more if they were there and not Jennings. Thats what I am saying. If anything you said was right in your post, its "pure speculation".

All of it is speculation. you ask if curry can run the pick-and-roll with bogut? who on this board would know? it would be wrong to assume that he cannot. that's the speculation part. is there a difference between effectiveness and impact? cause basically i've been using them with the same definition. evans and curry can bring things that jennings can't and vice versa. for instance evans is a more proven player in the clutch (offensively and defensively) and is a more efficient scorer and better rebounder. will that translate to more MIL wins? really who the heck would know? I'm just leaving it open and saying it's possible, but you seem convinced that it isn't.

I guess what annoys me is that people are using the team record to rank rookies (and putting a huge weight on it) when it is obvious that some rookies are ****ed then because they were drafted high and on bad teams. reminds you of that other argument with two other stars where you have one side saying he's statistically superior in every aspect of the game and you got the other side saying "rings! rings! rings!" :banghead:

Underballer
03-13-2010, 05:55 PM
when is this guy's shoe comng out

falc39
03-13-2010, 06:02 PM
when is this guy's shoe comng out

I guess under armour is being conservative, which they should given the economy and that their soccer line is still relatively new and isn't that successful. I'm thinking the last thing they want is to invest a ton in two sports and have them both fail

Big#50
03-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Bird
MJ
Duncan
James
DROB
Pretty good company to be in. Of course ROY matters.

Showtime
03-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Based on what? Neither are impacting thier respective teams yet somehow they would Milw Bucks?

LMAO @ Evans and Curry not impacting their teams. I'm not even going to read the rest of your trash post.

catch24
03-13-2010, 07:27 PM
LMAO @ Evans and Curry not impacting their teams. I'm not even going to read the rest of your trash post.

Especially Evans. He has been a monster for Sacramento.

vs Denver - 27 points (10-15 FG) 5 assists in a W
Vs Utah - 24 points (9-17 FG) 8 rebounds 7 assists in a W
vs Milwaukee - 24 points (9-19 FG) 7 rebounds 3 assists in a W (Game winner btw)

These are just against playoff teams. Clearly he has impact, he's the best player on his team, lol.

33teeth
03-13-2010, 07:35 PM

That's exactly where I stopped reading. I think Pleezebelieve hacked this dude's account. Stupidest sentence on ish in a long time. Big accomplishment!

GOBB
03-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Of course you 3 idiots took the extreme sense of "not impacting" thier teams. Not surprising considering Showtime is still butthurt over a previous altercation where he left sore. Bitter much? Let it go. The argument is Evans/Curry would impact the Milw bucks more than what Jennings has done. While both would be productive for Milw, neither would impact Milw any more than what Jennings has. It wouldnt be significant, you wouldnt see more wins etc etc. I posted the team records of those two rookies teams and asked if they make such a bigger impact than Jennings, why doesnt it show? They are producing. Do they impact? Sure, but in what sense? That is the argument here. Dont feed me 3 f*cking games catch24, when Sac has a total of 22. :rolleyes: 22 wins for Sac, 17 wins for GSW. Season is about finished. 82gms in a season.

really who the heck would know? I'm just leaving it open and saying it's possible, but you seem convinced that it isn't.

Thats my argument considering the other poster is convinced it will result in more wins.

6thManOfTheYear
03-13-2010, 08:27 PM
i still wouldn't fault curry this season because of the injures that plagued the warriors this year.

catch24
03-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Of course you 3 idiots took the extreme sense of "not impacting" thier teams. Not surprising considering Showtime is still butthurt over a previous altercation where he left sore. Bitter much? Let it go. The argument is Evans/Curry would impact the Milw bucks more than what Jennings has done. While both would be productive for Milw, neither would impact Milw any more than what Jennings has. It wouldnt be significant, you wouldnt see more wins etc etc. I posted the team records of those two rookies teams and asked if they make such a bigger impact than Jennings, why doesnt it show? They are producing. Do they impact? Sure, but in what sense? That is the argument here. Dont feed me 3 f*cking games catch24, when Sac has a total of 22. :rolleyes: 22 wins for Sac, 17 wins for GSW. Season is about finished. 82gms in a season.

No need to get hostile dude. The games I gave you were just wins, he's also played GREAT in losses against contenders (playoff teams). 22 wins, but Sacramento is young, inexperienced and, quite honestly, bad. Milwaukee is better. Do you really think Curry and Evans wouldn't be better with Scott Skiles and the Bucks' system?

Rekindled
03-13-2010, 08:37 PM

take out evans and curry from their teams, those teams win the same ammount of the games

catch24
03-13-2010, 08:41 PM
take out evans and curry from their teams, those teams win the same ammount of the games

Obviously you're trolling.

GOBB
03-13-2010, 08:49 PM
No need to get hostile dude. The games I gave you were just wins, he's also played GREAT in losses against contenders (playoff teams). 22 wins, but Sacramento is young, inexperienced and, quite honestly, bad. Milwaukee is better. Do you really think Curry and Evans wouldn't be better with Scott Skiles and the Bucks' system?

I dont think they would be any better than what we see today. above .500, 5th seed. Anyone who thought Milw was better than Sac/GSW at the start of the season? I need a drug and lie detector test taken. Now all of a sudden Milw is a better team, Skiles and the Bucks "system" is getting praised. Come on. Easy to type that seeing what we do now. Evans has performed nice this season as a rookie. I just dont view him nor Curry making this Bucks team any better than it is now. 35-29? With Evans/Curry they would have won more? Now we're talkin flirting with the 3-4th seeds. Sorry, I dont view Curry/Evans as those kind of players to impact a club. And thier performance would be nice but it wouldnt exactly translate into more wins.

Pure speculation on my part. Pretty much just took what the other poster said would happen and went against it. Is it possible those 2 could help Milw win more games? Maybe, I dont see it but who really knows. But unlike others to me Milw is overachieving and adding either rookie wouldnt do much in terms of wins imo. Future wise? I think Tyreke Evans has the better chance to impact a franchise more than Curry or Jennings. Presently? Nah. My apologies for the hostility.

catch24
03-13-2010, 09:01 PM
I dont think they would be any better than what we see today. above .500, 5th seed. Anyone who thought Milw was better than Sac/GSW at the start of the season? I need a drug and lie detector test taken. Now all of a sudden Milw is a better team, Skiles and the Bucks "system" is getting praised. Come on. Easy to type that seeing what we do now. Evans has performed nice this season as a rookie. I just dont view him nor Curry making this Bucks team any better than it is now. 35-29? With Evans/Curry they would have won more? Now we're talkin flirting with the 3-4th seeds. Sorry, I dont view Curry/Evans as those kind of players to impact a club. And thier performance would be nice but it wouldnt exactly translate into more wins.

Pure speculation on my part. Pretty much just took what the other poster said would happen and went against it. Is it possible those 2 could help Milw win more games? Maybe, I dont see it but who really knows. But unlike others to me Milw is overachieving and adding either rookie wouldnt do much in terms of wins imo. Future wise? I think Tyreke Evans has the better chance to impact a franchise more than Curry or Jennings. Presently? Nah. My apologies for the hostility.

I respect your opinion. Guess we agree to disagree. All that being said, who is your ROY and why?

Bodhi
03-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Just to add on to what Gobb has been saying, the Bucks got nothing for Charlie V and Richard Jefferson. Almost every prediction I read about how their season would go had them dead last in the standings and people were talking about them as one of the worst teams ever. Now people are talking about them as potentially making it into the second round.

Salmons and Bogut have obviously been important for their turn around, but Jennings has also done an excellent job. If ROY was treated the same way that MVP is, Jennings would be the run away favorite.

OhNoTimNoSho
03-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Just to add on to what Gobb has been saying, the Bucks got nothing for Charlie V and Richard Jefferson. Almost every prediction I read about how their season would go had them dead last in the standings and people were talking about them as one of the worst teams ever. Now people are talking about them as potentially making it into the second round.

Salmons and Bogut have obviously been important for their turn around, but Jennings has also done an excellent job. If ROY was treated the same way that MVP is, Jennings would be the run away favorite.
I disagree with everything you have said. All your major points are flawed.

ILLsmak
03-13-2010, 09:57 PM
The reason Jennings is my ROY is because he's pushing point on a playoff team. That's near impossible especially considering there isn't another superstar. I mentioned Chalmers as another pg, but he had Wade.

Jennings is a stud. The fact that people want to hate on him proves they have hidden agendas and don't like basketball. I can look at Tyreke Evans and say he's a less intelligent basketball player than Jennings.. I can say he dominates the ball. Curry is just wet... no doubt. I love Curry, but I don't know if he would push the point as well as Jennings on a 'real' team, either. It's like fantasy land for Curry now. He was def my favorite coming into the draft, but watching Jennings play has made me like him the most.

Jennings is a very important piece and they'd have a hard time, even picking through vets, to find someone who could come in and play his role. Who are you thinking of? Other than obvious all stars...

Yes, by the way, I do put him over Lawson and Collison. So incase that comes up...

-Smak

Bodhi
03-14-2010, 04:07 AM
I disagree with everything you have said. All your major points are flawed.

Your post really added to the discussion. Thanks for that.

Yung D-Will
03-14-2010, 08:04 AM
The reason Jennings is my ROY is because he's pushing point on a playoff team[/B]. That's near impossible especially considering there isn't another superstar. I mentioned Chalmers as another pg, but he had Wade.

Jennings is a stud. The fact that people want to hate on him proves they have hidden agendas and don't like basketball. I can look at Tyreke Evans and say he's a less intelligent basketball player than Jennings.. I can say he dominates the ball. Curry is just wet... no doubt. I love Curry, but I don't know if he would push the point as well as Jennings on a 'real' team, either. It's like fantasy land for Curry now. He was def my favorite coming into the draft, but watching Jennings play has made me like him the most.

Jennings is a very important piece and they'd have a hard time, even picking through vets, to find someone who could come in and play his role. Who are you thinking of? Other than obvious all stars...

Yes, by the way, I do put him over Lawson and Collison. So incase that comes up...

-Smak

Same reason I had rose as my Roty last year

And also Jennings played 1 year overseas
Everyone knows overseas > College :bowdown:

GOBB
03-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I respect your opinion. Guess we agree to disagree. All that being said, who is your ROY and why?

Tyreke Evans, he's outperforming his peers consistently throughout the season.